Speaker 1: The guys from Ping.
Speaker 2: They've kind of shown me how much the equipment matters. I just love that I can hit any shot.
Speaker 1: I kind of want we're gonna be able to tell some fun stories about what goes on here to help golfers play better golf.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the Ping proven Grounds podcast. I'm Shape Bacon, joined as always by Marty Jerts and Marty. I remember the days when Ping had a couple of offerings irons and that was kind of it. That is not the case anymore, and with these new lines coming out, the options are relatively endless for the golfers. So I wanted to dive into all the new irons that Ping is offered in twenty twenty four and maybe give people at least a directional idea of where they might go. So are you up for it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That sounds good, Shane. I mean that was my first kind of familiarity with the brand. Is the I too. It didn't matter who you were, you're playing the two iron back in the day. But we got a lot more options now, we could get a lot more nuanced in how we design these things.
Speaker 2: It's not just options, Marty, I think what is so cool and we've seen this happen over the last couple decades in golf. But I feel like Ping is almost pushing golfers to consider mixing up their golf bag. It's something I do in my own bag. I mix up irons. I have I two thirty four iron and then I've got blueprint s throughout the bag to that point, I mean, there, it feels like that's not just an option now, but it feels like it's it's almost an avenue for players as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we can we can do mixed sets within your irons and then also even open the door for playing like a four hybrid or a five hybrid or high lofted fairway. Would I mean, we've built some amazing tools for our fitters out there within ping co pilot our gapping app to help answer those questions, because it does it can be overwhelming for the golfer, like, Okay, should I play a you know, a hybrid? Should I play high lofted fairwood? Which one should I piece together? How far are they going to go? You know, we've seen golfers get a you know, a five wood and then a three hybrid and then going too similar in distance. So we want to build the tools to help optimize and dial in your gapping. But doing blended iron set Shane is a big part of that equation. And when it comes to our iron family in twenty twenty four, we have built our players irons, so our players iron Shane our irons where basically one way to think about it is the player themselves is bringing the speed to the table. Right. We got our other irons, like our G four thirty iron, where we're going to supplement some of the distance, like the face is going to flex a little bit more, We're gonna infuse some ball speed into it and supplement the player speed. But with the I two thirty and then the blueprints in the blueprint t that's where the players bring in the speed to the table and those are all built to be able to configure in any number of different ways from a blended set or mix set perspective.
Speaker 2: So, Marty, when you hear the term blueprint, I'm sure a lot of people's mind immediately goes to that small blade that Tony Fenow has played for years. That's not the case in terms of what the new lines look like. So could you just kind of run through the new lines, what they look like, how they play, and maybe the differences between the new families.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think golfers are gonna think Blueprint. They're gonna think the small blade iron, the Tony Fenw iron, the Preston Summer Hayes iron that's played on the PGA Tour. We basically bifurcated that iron into two irons, so now it's gonna be a two iron family. We have the Blueprint T that's gonna be very similar. It's gonna be like the ultra pure muscle back, small blade, length, thin sole, the optimal for workability and extracting the golf blow the rough. It's gonna generate different performance in different conditions, different turf interaction with the T and the way I kind of think about the branding of it is the T stands for Tour. That's our tour inspired iron. Then we have the blueprint S, which is this iron is gonna be most similar to our I fifty nine iron, And we chose S because it's a lot of the inspiration in terms of the turf interaction we're going to talk about today came from the S fifty five iron. We had a lot of tour players who love that S fifty five iron, and a big part of it was the turf interaction in the Soul design. And so now we have the Blueprint as bifurcated into two irons, the T for tour, the S which is kind of inspired by our S series iron S fifty nine and S fifty five family Historically.
Speaker 2: Marty, are you seeing a lot of tour players that are marrying those two together to make up their iron set up? I mean it feels like it would only make sense to have you know, you have a player that has the S in the four, five, and six perhaps and then maybe seven eight nine is the T Are you seeing that so far?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think a good example and he actually got a couple wins on the DP World to or the end of twenty twenty three was Louis Eustasen. He's he was like we worked with him a lot on our blade style irons over the years. Louis obviously a pure ball striker, you know, has played the blue the original blueprints over the years. He's playing the Blueprint as in the four and five iron, then he switches to the Blueprint T in the sixth through pitching Wench I think that is the perfect example and what you're gonna get if you play the blueprint ass in some longer irons, you're gonna get a little more ball speed and a little more launch and spin, and ultimately you're gonna be able to hit the ball a little bit higher, and with the blueprint s a little larger blade length and more forgiveness, just a little more protection, a little more forgiveness. Obviously, even even a player like Louis might not hit those long irons perfectly every single time, so you're gonna get that benefit. But then every golfer is going to be a little bit different maybe where they pick that transition point if you are going to do a blended set into the blueprint tee in terms of impact, centerness, turf interaction is a really big deal and being able to flight the ball a little bit lower. So I think Louis is like the perfect example in terms of being able to elevate a few of those long irons that he needs a little bit of that assistance with and then transitioning into those those ultimate scoring clubs where he wants to fly them a little bit lower. Anytime you make the blade length a little bit shorter, You're also going to be able to work the ball a little bit easier. You're going to be able to kind of like having a you know, a sports car. You're gonna be able to you turn the wheel and it's responding immediately.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: That's a really good analogy when it comes to, you know, smaller blade length irons and the benefit you get as a player.
Speaker 2: What about gaping when you start to mix sets, because you know, you go, like even somebody like Louie Righty goes from blueprint S five iron into a Blueprint T six iron. How do you make up in terms of gapping to make sure there isn't a gap in a set of for somebody's skill level of luiustes And I mean obviously he wants to know the exact number he's hitting. He doesn't want to have a ten or fifteen yard gap between irons, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. I think we made a very concerted effort to design the loft. Standard lofts on our I two thirty blueprint S Blueprint T are exactly the same. Okay, And remember these irons don't the face doesn't really deflect a lot the players bringing the speed, So the loft is the primary factor. Then because of that, that's going to drive the gapping. But there is also a way to think about gapping. It's not only distance gapping. You're also gapping the height right the peak height in the landing angle. So we've actually launching with this iron. In pin Co Pilot, our ultimate one stop shop fitting software, we have our gaping app, which is my favorite app. In there, we now have the ability to do a virtual what if experiment to say, hey, what if I played I two thirty four iron instead of blueprint ass how much higher will that go? It also does specific to the golfer's launch conditions, tell you will it increase their carry yardage, their impact on their rollout. But you can really now make without having to go hit all those irons. That's the power of Copilot. The power of the Gaping app is you can go in there, get your seven iron fitting numbers, so hit our AFS Fitting Club, put it into the gaping app, and now you can do trade off experiments because we know how all these different models are going to perform. With our robot testing, player testing, tour player testing is you can do that virtual gapping analysis and you can say what if I played I two thirty four and five iron then went to Blueprints. Or you can do this same thing between Blueprints and Blueprint T. You can say, what if I played the Blueprint S four, five six iron then switch to the T What'll that do to my carry and peak height and be able to play around with that without having to go hit all those clubs or do a lot of trial and air experimentation. Shane, I am so excited about this feature. It's the first time we've been able to do blended sets within the Gapping app.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned turf interaction being a huge part of kind of the options for the player out there. Can you dive a little bit more into maybe the turf interaction between the blueprints.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, I think to talk about turf interaction blueprint s. We had a few of our tour players that absolutely love the S fifty five and the big part when we were diving into it was just how it went through the turf. I mean, Bubba was a heavy user of the S fifty five over the years. Handful of other players, some non staff players that have now switched into the blue Print ass we're using fifty five for a very long period of time.
Speaker 2: Marty, what are tour players looking for in terms of turf interaction? What is you know, what's the note that hits the year for them?
Speaker 1: It's I think to me, Shane, it's a very mysterious thing to think about. It almost feels like an artistic thing. But we when we get to the science of it, the science of the art, it's all about the timing. It's the timing of the turf interaction and creating the right pressure. Which pressure is spreading the force over a certain area right, So it's getting the right pressure in the right timing. For when for a player with a certain delivery characteristic when they hit the golf ball, the ball launches upward and you get a downward force applied on the club. Right equal and opposite force applied to the club. That's what creates the dibot. So a player like Bubba Watson, he we all know he takes huge dibots and he manipulates the face a lot, so he's got a very open face to path on some shots. He's got a very close face to path on others. He has very high speed. He tends to have a downward angle attack with that as well, so he takes very big dibots, So a player like him can be very hyper sensitive to the timing of that turf interaction in the impact of that timing on the expected result. In the expected result is the size and shape of the divot, how that's going to give them feedback acoustically to their ear and if the timing that is not right, it can definitely influence the ball flight with their expected trajectory as well. And so we're looking at things how do we influence all that in the design chain would be we can influence the heel toe camber, how flat this curvature is from the heel to toe. We can influence the kind of initial bounce, the lead edge bounce, the bounce height, and then the surf the camber or the curve mature from front to back, and then how wide the soul is. So all of those factors kind of go into us creating the right timing that's gonna I think the player they want to get a certain reaction to their shot that matches what they expect. And when we can marry those two things together, which we've done on the blueprint, ass the player is just infused with a lot of confidence.
Speaker 2: So if you have players that come to you and they go, we love turf interaction with the S fifty fives, how do you take technology from I mean, what is that a five six seven year old iron? Is that probably how old those those irons are? How do you go back to that level of technology and infuse that into a new iron with updated technology? How do you find that kind of perfect marriage because it seems like it'd be extremely complicated to grab something from twenty fourteen and put it into something that's out there in twenty twenty four Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think in this case, we just needed to test. We just needed to test it and prototype it, and I cannot think of an iron in my twenty years at Ping that We spent more time doing very detailed nuance testing with our tour players with both the Blueprint ASS and the Blueprint t Now, the Blueprint TEA is a little more of an evolution on the original blueprint, so we spend a little less time with the tour players on that one, But we really hunkered down with the Blueprint ASS and prototyped it and went out and tested it with our players in a variety of different lies, turf conditions and The big part of these Irons, Shane is shot making. And when we look at the players that are playing the Blueprint ass they are pure shot makers. They like to carve it against the wind. I mean, we look at Louis, he loves carving a little draw and carving a little fade and he hits little baby shots. I mean, we look at Bubba as another example of somebody who curves the ball a lot. We talked to Sahith, he is a shot maker. He loves manipulating the golf ball and hitting a number of different shots. He won with these irons on tour immediately, which was really really fun to watch. And I think that's a testament in the case of marrying the sole design of the AS fifty five into the technology of the blueprint s, which we can talk about was doing a lot of product testing with the tour players because they are so nuanced in their feedback.
Speaker 2: When you introduce a new club and you bring it to tour players, is the level of success in an engineer's mind, how quickly it goes into the bag. Because you know, tour players are finicky, right, I mean great players. It feels like it takes a lot of time to maybe get something new in the bag. But on the other end of that, if they see something they love, they might throw it in right away. So when you bring a new iron blueprint s out on tour and you show it to Baba or Tyrrel Hatton or Thigala and they fall in love with it right away, I mean, what does that do to somebody like you, who's obviously kind of awaiting what they have to say about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of It's almost like us in engineers. We sometimes take bets and how good, how viral we think a product's going to do on tour. I personally was so bullish about the blueprint ass interest before we launched it, and it was awesome to see at the end of twenty twenty three how many players won with it. I mean we had non staff players playing it, winning with it immediately putting into play right after some the Ryder Cup, for example, we had sawhith win with it. We had Walkee Nieman win with it. Down in Australia, we had Louis win with it two weeks in a row there doing the split set designs. We had Harrison Endicott dominated Q School with the blueprint ass So it's been amazing to see how viral this iron has gone, and it just has a buzz amongst it on the professional tours, which is really fun to see. So I was bullish on it, but at the same time, you know, once it gets out there in the wild, you kind of you never know what exactly is going to happen. And I'm excited finally in early twenty four here that we're going to get this iron finally into our customer's hands, because this has been one of those one of those products that we were very we can't wait to get it into our customer's hands. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a couple of buddies of mine I was playing golf with a couple of weeks ago, and they hadn't seen the s yet, and they pulled it out and they said, this is the best looking ping iron that I've ever seen. I mean, they were I would be surprised if my friends have not purchased or ordered these or early early adopters to the blueprint. Ess, can you take us through the ballflight differences between the two blueprints and maybe include I two thirty on there as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely it's going to be very easy for the golfer in our club hitters to understand the I two thirty is going to go the highest blueprint s a little bit lower right in between, and blueprint T the low st and that's a combination of ball speed and launch primarily that's going to create those three windows. So again, Shane, when we come back, when it comes back to if you want to do a blended set or a mix set, very easy to understand. That very easy to understand. I two thirty is going to go the highest blueprint s, medium, blueprint T the lowest. Now, one really fun thing on the blueprint s that's allowed us to kick the ball up in the air a lot with the long irons has been this really cool pocket forging technology that allows us to create a cavity in the middle of the club. And this is really fun when we look at blade irons. Historically, if you ever go to like look at antique blades and you lay them down on a table and you look at the heel toe length, the wedges actually used to be bigger, like longer heel to toe than the long irons, right. And the challenge that designers had back then is you had to make the heads lighter in the long irons. The only way they could do it was to make them smaller. Right. It wasn't like, oh, let me make these long iron small and the wedge is big for any other reason. They just couldn't do it. So what this pocket forging does for us, it allows us to put a lighter density material in the middle. We get a little face flexing out of it, But the primary reason we do that is to save about ten grams of mass from the middle of the club. That allows us to make the iron a little bit bigger. Right, not they're not big, but we don't have to reverse the sizing of the iron like the old school traditional blades. So it's really fun to combine some modern technology into a very pure looking blade iron. And again the benefit there is we can kick the ball up in the air in the long iron, so we have that technology in the three four five iron with the blueprint s.
Speaker 2: When you at paying think about game improvement irons versus a blade iron, what are you trying to accomplish? I mean, I'm assuming with the blade to work a bill, he is an important part of the iron. Game improvement might be more consistency, or maybe hitting the ball a little bit farther. What are the main focuses when you're kind of looking at those two worlds, because those worlds are so different when you're really thinking about the golfer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my colleague Eric Henderson has a great visual. Maybe we'll grab it and throw it in as a screen chair and those folks can go on YouTube and check it out. Where in our focal system we can look at the impact stat area on the face and how that changes by players handicap Shane and it is amazing. You see the tour players. It's a heat map that we have. We'll put this image together and show it. And the heat map for the tour players is tiny, right, what is that penny? Oh? Yes, it's like a dime or a penny. You know. We can throw statistics at that, and then the question is, well, what do we do with that information? Because the better player hits the center of the face more often, we can on prioritize and we did this on the blueprint, ass maximizing the inertia of the iron because they simply put that is a less important attribute. It's it's still important. We want to do it and we have done it. But it's relatively speaking, a less important attribute and we can then focus on things Shane, which what we did on the blueprint as of lowering the CG. We have found that lowering the CG better aligns where the tour players hitting the ball a majority of the time, and that is a main reason why the blueprints feels so good. We're aligning the CG better with where they're hitting, and then we can, again, Shane, put priorities on different things like making the blade smaller right so the clubs can get through the turf better. They're better at shots out of the rough for the better player. And one big thing we found why when we've made the blade length shorter is that the tour player can turn the ball over a little bit easier. And again that's something that better player. If you give them a big iron, even if it has some offset on it, they'll struggle to draw the ball and a lot of the tour players want to be able to hit this nice, tight little trap draw with their ballflight. And on top of that, Shane, a big thing we've worked on with the tour players is they don't want an iron that has too low of spin. Okay, when when you give the tour player an iron that doesn't spin enough, that freaks them out right, that says flyer to them, that says unpredictability. They want to be able to put an ample amount of spin on the golf ball. So we have more relaxed lofts. We have a face friction and groove design pattern that generates more spin for the tour player because they, unlike the everyday golfer, which we'll talk about, they hit a majority of their shot. Seventy percent of their sh with their irons are from the fairway or the tee. Now, if you look at the everyday golfer, and when we're talking about distance iron Shaine, they hit only fifty percent of the shots from their fairway and then fifty percent from the rough, and the everyday golfer comes up short a lot with their irons. We see this in the ARCOS data. I think strategically you could take more club, but from a design standpoint, we're okay with them having a little bit less spin because it's going to help get that ball trundling up on the green. Right. So there's those are some of the big high level differences in between a tour iron precision iron versus maybe our distance iron for the high handicapper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, with a blueprint te the rough performance was big for somebody like Tony Fenow. I know that was something that he talked a whole bunch about when he introduced Blueprint into the bag for the first time, was rough performance and spin out of the rough and kind of working to improve that with blades because as you said, you know, I mean a lot of blame, especially old school blades out of the rough can kind of come out a little bit nucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, rough performance is a big deal, and we spent a lot of time with our tour players on blueprint S and T talking to them about the groove design and the face friction. A big part of that rough performance with the blueprint T is the surface area. Right. You just make the surface area that iron small, it's going to be able to basically knife through the rough you know, a lot easier, right. But the big thing we kind of made a little transition in our groove design with the blueprint S and T this go round was the tour player said, Hey, when I'm in the fairway or when I'm hitting T shots on a par three, I want this ball to spin. Right, I need spin. That's what they're asking for. Give me spin, Give me spin, Give me spin. Now, if a tour player needs less spin, they tweak it through loft, shaft length and golf ball right, So those are all fitting levers we have if you have a tour player that needs to reduce spin. So we put a big priority on our groove design, and what you'll see from us is that we have we kind of approach grooves very differently across our Our groove optimization on wedges, very different than our groove optimization on long irons, short irons of mid iron.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna see, Marty, what's the difference, Like, what what is the difference in the like if you're thinking about a wedge groove versus a four iron groove, is it is it deeper? Is it thicker?
Speaker 1: Like? What?
Speaker 2: Just for the layman, what's the difference?
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, great question, Shane. So what you'll see from us, like in our S one fifty nine wedges, is we have more grooves, right, So more grooves. It's like having more treads on your tire. And how you use your wedges is fundamentally different than how you use your irons, you're going to use your highest lofted wedges a ton hitting chips and pitches out of the green side rough, right. We see that from our big data. That's what the tour players want and need, and so by having more grooves, you're gonna you're gonna shed more of that debris or matter out of the way. Right. But with your irons, for a tour player, they're telling us, Hey, when we're in the fair way, that's our time to score. Give me a groove design that's gonna spin so I can control the spin, control the distance, control the trajectory. So you're gonna see less grooves from us in the irons and the blueprint s and t or you're gonna see more grooves in the wedges.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, Interesting. What do you say to people, Marty that you know there's always kind of been the stigma about blades, right, I mean, blades are only for the professional golfer. Nobody that's an average player or even a five handicap can hit them. They're scary. You're always introducing new technology into a blade if somebody is interested, like I've always been interested. I played blades when I was twenty three you know, I've always been interested in maybe getting back into the world of a true blade like the Blueprint te What do you say to people that maybe are fearful of giving them a shot, or maybe scared of the inability to hit them. What do you say to those people that look at them like it's you know, it's it's an it's an old school technology, if you will.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, we've we've even though like our Blueprint T looks very traditional like a muscle, right, we have a lot of tech.
Speaker 2: They're beautiful, they look they look off, they look like you'd put you'd frame them and put them on your wall. I mean, you know, like Marty's holding up you know, one of the blades right now if you're watching on YouTube.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Blueprint T is designed to inspire you, you know when you pull out the bag, and that's a big part of it, right, that's a big part of it. But we have a we have a lot of technology infused. Even though this looks like a very traditional blade iron, you know, it has relatively high MLI for the size. That's a good way to think about blade irons. Like, we've also done some fun research, Shane, this is super cool that if you give a one skill level of golfer a smaller club a smaller blade, their impact stat area will get smaller with it interesting, very very very cool study. Right, It's kind of like the aim small miss small type of approach. So that being said, blades should be considered even if you're like a single digit handicap player. Let's call it the you know, I would consider blow both the blueprint ass and the blueprint T blade irons. Blueprint as is going to have a lot more cavity to it, but the blade length itself isn't a ton bigger. It's just a little bit bigger. It's a much bigger jump to go all the way to I two thirty, for example. But we also pack in a lot of forgiveness into both of these irons. High density toe weight tungusen toe weight counterbalanced with a high density weight that we put in the hozzle when we go to build these irons. Right, we've walked through our assembly area, and I think that's a really big deal. When folks see our toe weight, they think, oh, there's weight on the toe, there's cg's in the toe somehow, But what they don't see is the invisible weight that's embedded in the halls, and so if you get a set where you order them at a heavier swing weight or based on the build, the heads need to be lighter heavier. We are perfectly balancing the mass we put in the toe weight with the weight in the heel so that it keeps our SIGs nearly perfectly centered right, And going back to your question, Shane, that also boosts the moment of inertia the iron relative to the size. So I think our blueprint t to be honest with you, Shane, you got to be a ball striker to hit this thing. It is pretty small, but our blueprint ass is going to have some massive appeal for the scratch golfer, single digit handicapped player, and a big part of it this year is that the cig is very low, so they feel amazing and we've been able to get higher ball speeds out of them, not ball speeds from the face flexing, but better lining the CG with the golf ball during the impact interval.
Speaker 2: Do you like the blended set that I've got going the I two thirty four iron in the blueprint s I mean, do you do? You do you think that's gonna be something that is popular or you are you into this planet set? Do you feel like I should go blueprint s four iron as well?
Speaker 1: Now, one hundred percent, Shane, if you're if you're loving the two thirty love that is absolutely why we designed the lofts and uh, you know, the shaping everything to be very blendable like that. I think we're gonna we see it on tour, you know. I think the fore iron for faster swing speed players like you and I as always that kind of tipping point club. Like you know, should I still be in the blueprints or BLUEPRINTEE, or should I go to the next model up? It's a little bigger, a little more forgiving, gets a little more height, a little easier to get that golf ball in the air. I think the fore iron is a great club there. I think we're gonna see, Shane, some players play I to thirty three or four iron, go Blueprint as up to maybe a six seven eight iron and then transition to the Blueprint te We could see a three club combo set. For sure, we're gonna see that.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's just again, I mean, we've talked so much about the technology, we've talked so much about the offerings online and as you've said, I mean so many options to dial you're set in without actually having to go to a range and hit a whole bunch of golf balls. But the fact that the offerings are available is so cool because again you think about the old Schooway of order and irons, and it was the order set irons and they show up and that's what you had, and then to get a blended set was a bit of a backbreaker. And now you can literally go online. You can literally go on Copilot and boom, build the blended set that makes the most sense for you, and see what the distance is and the carry and the launch and I almost think, you know, there are times on this podcast that we've had guests on that have said things that have given me confidence in my own game just by simple statistics. And I feel like with Copilot a time, it actually adds confidence to the golfer as well, because you can actually see what the numbers are going to be and you can believe in those numbers even before you go to the driving range.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Shane. And one thing, the note on the fitting on the custom fitting side of the blueprint S and T is. This is our first iron we launched with the Ladies product. With the latest product in fall of twenty twenty three, a brand new fitting Technology fitting head called the AFS three D. Okay, so what is it. We've had an AFS fitting iron, which is our Fitting Club seven iron spin in the market pretty much the same design for over ten years. Now we launch AFS three D which is now part of Blueprint S and Blueprint T. It's all of our fitting accounts have this iron which you can fit multiple color codes with one head, and you can also hit the blueprint S and the Blueprint T in our power spec setting. So if you're a player that wants to get a little distance back, see how the iron will behave for you with a little less bounce in a little less loft and see if that's better for hitting your spin window for you. You can do that with our AFS three D head and this head. Shane uses a sleeve that looks like our driver metalwood sleeve and the iron. A lot of times you hit a fitting iron, it doesn't look so good like our previous fitting iron had a kind of a big nut look, kind of mechanical looking. The ANFS three D looks pure in the playing position. Right. So what's great now about fitting blueprint s and t is you can go hit both of them, get launch and spin numbers. Then our fitters can plug that those launching spin numbers from their launch monitor into Pink Copilot gapping app and you can have a lot of fun playing with potentially doing a mixed set design. Marty.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite questions to ask on this podcast, what's in your bag right now?
Speaker 1: Oh? I got blueprint ass all the way through. I got them all the way through. I got the fore iron. I build a half inch longer and that gives me a little boost in speed and a little more dynamic law. And so my gamer set right now is is blueprint as four through pitch. And I think time is going to be a really good judge of this Blueprint ass iron. How viral it's been on the PGA Tour and all the worldwide tours early is a really good sign. Uh, It's got a lot of virality to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I said, I mean I had I had people looking at the iron that I would consider critical golf people, and I mean to them for them to say this is you know, one of the more beautiful irons I've ever seen is obviously a testamon. You know, it's so funny, right, We talk so much about technology that goes into it, but the way certain things look is very, very important to a golf bag. I mean you mentioned it about blueprint tea like blade. People like blades because they look beautiful.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, the blueprint ask for me. Shane has checked all the boxes, like I want. I wanted to sound good and feel good. It's got a kind of a quiet It might sound a little cliche, but it's got that kind of quiet, muted sound to it and impacts which I've absolutely fell in love with. The turf interaction matches what I think is going to happen with the turf interaction happens right right, but it's forgiving, Like if I get a little steep on it, it's got ample bounce to get through the turf. I've been able to manipulate the trajectory in both the vertical plane and the horizontal plane so I can hit them. I can hit the short irons high and low on command. I can hit little cuts, little jaws. If I need to playing around with wind or pin positions and the long irons go high, right that I want a blade iron where the long irons go relatively high. And that pocket forging has really been the kicker with the blueprint s.
Speaker 2: It's so you know, I didn't realize S for blueprint s stood for S fifty five in that same family. And I don't think you know this. I probably I would say that the S fifty five's are the irons that I've had in my bag the longest. If you look at my golf bag the last twenty years, I I remember I had S fifty fives. Remember when you put the W for the works that were on the toe of the club. I had those S fifty five's probably in my bag for six seven years. Love those irons so so cool that you know, you you learn that a lot of the inspiration for the blueprint s in twenty twenty four is playing off of set irons that I liked as much as so many other tour players did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shane, you're you're you know a lot in common with a bunch of players, and we wanted to crack that code, like what is it about that iron that gave it the magic? And we put that right into the blueprint s. So if you're one of those, if you're one of those that's like Shane out there that's hanging on to your S fifty five, the time is now. The time is now to go check out the blueprints we've got.
Speaker 2: We've got very good news for you, Marty. This was this was great. I was I was fired up to open the box when it came. I was fired up to put them in play, And uh, they're gonna be a big part of my twenty twenty four sou blueprint S is gonna be mine. Maybe Blueprint T is yours. But check out Copilot and get in and everything that's out there in terms of potential blended sets as well, because again, the options are endless at this point, and you'd be silly not to lean into that if you're looking at a new set.
Speaker 1: Irons couldn't agree more. It's gonna be such an exciting year. This is the most excited I've been for our comprehensive Iron family, both on the hot you know, kind of the everyday golfer irons and the G four to thirty and what we have going on in that space and our tour irons are precision Irons could not be more excited and optimistic and golfers are going to have a field day with these in the new year. Here Shane, this is a blueprint ass podcast apparently. I mean the whole team's playing blueprint as for goodness sakes, I mean get on board, get.
Speaker 2: Involved as well, Marty, great stuff. We'll chat with you next week. This is the Paining Proven Grouts podcast.