Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rogue Recap. Hot takes, cold facts, and zero respect for the official narrative. Sit back, roll your eyes, and let's recap rogue style.
Speaker 2: What's up you guys. Welcome to sound Bites number six. I am Lenda McLaughlin, host of the Rogue Recap. He is Eric Eggers. He is host of the Drill Down. Eric. How are you today?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm somewhat amazed and impressed that we made it to the second hand, Linda, So you know what I mean. I mean, I mean some people can one hand it you Polydaco's out there, we see you when we love you, But for most of the rest of the country, secondhand, let's go.
Speaker 2: You're so random, Okay. So I sent Eric a list of things today and he said to me, that is not one show's worth of material. So we are going to bum rush this show because the whole goal of Rogue Recap and Soundbites is to play you stuff and show you stuff that is not getting played or shown anywhere, and today is might be the pinnacle of that moment. So this morning in New York City, and I try not to be like focused here on the Northeast, but I have to tell you guys this there was a car explosion. If you're listening, you're going to hear it. If you're watching, you're going to see it. And it's really scary because it's down in it's by the Raging Bull in front of the Exchange, and it's super scary obviously because nine to eleven, YadA, YadA, But you have to see this is happening in New York City this morning. It's out of mountains. So if you're listening, this is a.
Speaker 4: Taking over to the city street, riding up into the air.
Speaker 5: People are running everywhere hard, we're backing up and the black skilling up just like nine to eleven. I mean, it's super scary game area. And you're just like, yeah, that sounds that sounds good, right, we think.
Speaker 6: Eric, Uh, it is terrifying.
Speaker 3: And like you said, everything, any explosion in New York City is going to be terror coded. But I would say, you know, the first thing I thought of when I see an explosion in front of the Bowl on Wall Street is I'll take signs that Mom Donnie's economic policies are no longer just a metaphor for a thousands.
Speaker 2: You know, they blew up.
Speaker 3: They literally did in fact, communism is under attack. No, it's bad, and you know that.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did they figure out an explanation for what happened? Is just some random thing or do they explosedly.
Speaker 2: And again I use that word very strongly, supposedly, And I'm sure we'll get more information later if they ever get to the bottom of it. But they are thinking it might have been one of these charging electric cars. So I don't know if you remember this, but I guess it was. It might be two years ago. Now there was a huge problem in all of these garages in Lower Manhattan because these car batteries that are chargeable in these evs are catching on fire.
Speaker 6: It was literally exploding.
Speaker 3: No, with the same problem, and with the same problem in Florida too, after hurricanes like they would get flooded and somehow the flooding caused corrosion and then they exploded. I think it's actually gonna be a theme of today's show, because I know we're going to talk about like the data centers later. But no, it's ironic that when the green energy policies end up literally exploding and causing more pollution than the problem they are tended to solve us.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I mean where is John Kerry when you need him? I mean, you know he is obviously the pre eminent voice on all things climate change and catch up mister Harry, please.
Speaker 3: Well, the good news is while green energy is little, exploding oil is cheap.
Speaker 6: So we're good.
Speaker 2: You know you're crazy, So anyway, I will add one more point to that. In the land of Mom Donnie, which I unfortunately am subjected to in the last two weeks, I have seen two other things that have never happened in New York City. One was Penn Station was closed because of a fire on the tracks. It shut down all of the trains for Long Island Railroad, New Jersey Transit and Amtrack. So really hold on to that, like this is an epicenter of travel and commuters. During rush hour, I was on a train. We couldn't get into Penn Station. Of course, nobody knows why, because nobody ever knows why. And you know, the AM Track announcer comes over over a loudspeaker that literally sounds like something out of Charlie Brown and he says, yeah, we don't know what's happening either. I so like we'll come back, like when we got something, all right, all right, cool, thanks bro, you know, like zero information. Get to Penn Station. It's mobbed. I'm like, what is going on? Then I get on the train the subway, the subway stops moving. They tell everyone to get off the train. We get off the tra train in times square. Then they say, oh, sorry, fossil alarm, get back on the train. We get back on the train and they're like oh no, no, no, no, yeah, sorry. This train is now going to go in a different direction, so you can get back on, but only if you're going in that direction, which is a direction that train doesn't go in. I'm like, this is one morning. This isn't like over a course of days. Right that night, coming home, they completely shut down Penn Station. I stood there for two and a half hours with many, many other people, and then they shuttled everyone to Grand Central, where you had to live within a certain radius to get buses or shuttles home. I of course do not live within that radius, had to get car service. It was a disaster. And then the next day Long Island Roadroad was like, by the way, we're going on strike. I'm like, mom, doney, you are crushing it. Bro, Like negotiation skills, keeping stuff up to snuff. You know, it's nice. You don't just have to worry about getting killed on the subway anymore.
Speaker 3: You might not even I love that we sort of just glided past. So I had car service, like not a big deal.
Speaker 2: It was a very big deal.
Speaker 4: It was fours bro, They're.
Speaker 2: Really big deal. And the best part was is because I got a friend who has a company. I was like, yo, you have any cars in the area, because like, I'm literally in pensation for two and a half hours. He was like, yeah, it was gonna cost you, though, dude, I'm like, yeah, all right, thanks.
Speaker 6: Can you see?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the good news is, from what I understand it, despite those numerous and time consuming challenges from a transmission standpoint, New York was a notoriously patient and understanding when it comes to these things.
Speaker 6: I'm sure the crowd was very gentle and subdued.
Speaker 3: Oh and then mom Donna comes on and say, listen, guys, none of us would be happening if Ken Griffin hadn't taken it to my end was paying taxes like it's supposed.
Speaker 2: To be, bro. It's kind of like ho col When she talked about the long Island Roads. Like she's like, yeah, it's Trump's fault. I'm like, I'm wait what I'm like, Okay, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Like in London, dude, like that stuff happens all the time. Oh yeah all the time, Like trains are getting canceled. I mean yeah, Like it's just like lots of liberal governance policies, unions, expectations.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So I would just say, uh, get prepared, get get real comfortable, and like, get real familiar with your car service.
Speaker 4: Guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been driving. It's even more fun. Okay, onto the next crazy thing. So this is a teacher. You might remember this story. This guy decided that his name is David Wilcox, and he put together this project in Cumberland County. It's a high school where he wanted his students to uh put together charts to describe and display their sexual orientation, their gender, their politics, and sort of make in Kamala Harris's favorite words, aven diagram of the crossover of what they consider their identities. Now, there is no video for this, but I just want to show for those of you watching an image of this man, because he's real special and I think people that are very special should be seen. Yes, this is exactly who I want my child talking to about their sexuality.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a tough one.
Speaker 3: It's like if mister Belvedere and Jared from Subway had a love child, I think this is what he would look like. And uh, it's odd because you know, imagine a world where teachers who are a little bit too interested in gender and discussing sexuality with kind of preteens ends up having some proclivities they're not socially acceptable.
Speaker 6: It's an odd thing. It also reminds me.
Speaker 3: You have a friend who taught for a long time and in Florida, you know, we've had lots of different educational kind of topics come up, including whether or not to allow teachers to have weapons in the classroom. And my friend who's a big liberal, but he you know, he's got a grace as a humor. He said, listen man, because he, you know, taught middle school. He goes, look, either arm me or let me groom them in peace.
Speaker 6: Okay, But like this.
Speaker 2: Guy, literally, it's always the same thing, right. It's like people who use words like instead of saying pedophile, you say minor attractive persons. I'm like, ah, yeah, no, that's no.
Speaker 3: I think this guy took the escalator past minor attractive person. He's up, He's up in the pedophop house, one hundred.
Speaker 2: Percent pro well said. And now look at this, we find out that he was having inappropriate conversations and communications with his students.
Speaker 3: And oh, by the way, when this is only gonna happen more because as you know, it's not like teachers are like lining up to get hired at these schools.
Speaker 6: I mean every school has got an employee shortage.
Speaker 3: So what happens is they have to lower the thresholder who's what's acceptable to let in the classroom, And so you're going to start seeing like a lot worse behaviors. Unfortunately, just because you know, the screening process is not as robust, so some of these people become like self selecting populations and they you know, unfortunately they're in these spaces not because they want to be great educators, because they want to access the pre teen populations.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I have to say in closing on that story, David Wilcox has submitted his resignation letter but remains under police investigations. So something to think about, something to think over. Pay attention to, I'm like, all right, I really these are things when people start messing with your kids, which we have a lot of today and Today's show. I just if you want to be weird and you want to draw men diagrams of who you like to sleep with, knock yourself out, do it at your own kitchen table, hanging up on your fridge. Even you know we've got magnets for that. Knock yourself out. Please leave my kids alone, Thank you very much. All right. For those of you who think that being aware of Islam as a takeover religion that wants to invade and not assimilate, I would like you to hear first him from this e mom as to why that is the accurate way of thinking prior to playing Eric any footnotes.
Speaker 3: This is in London, correct, So I think this is This is in London, but I think you will hear. You know, London in many ways is like twenty years ahead of some of the more islama fied cities in the United States. But yes, it's an interesting kind of a window into what might be coming.
Speaker 7: One hundred percent, respected elders, sisters, we have a weight on our shoulders which is very heavy, and that weights on our shoulders. Is the same way that.
Speaker 4: The prof down.
Speaker 7: Because this task of changing the world order, it's mine and yours and everyone else around here, the young, the old, and you have been contributing to it. And let me tell you how the first blow to America, because I want to focus on the US, and the first blow that was dealt to the US was when it was Afghanistan. It was Afghanistan. They dealt such a blow to the US. Now we can actually step in, Now we can project our leadership. Now we can give the final blow to America. We we, all of us in this room, should be rubbing our hands together because it's the time and opportunity to project Islam as an alternate world order.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, but we are we we are that.
Speaker 7: No, we're nothing, We're not we So.
Speaker 2: Just taking outside the bark. This guy does not seem to be a person that has any interest in working with America. He has one interest taking over America for his new world Islamic order.
Speaker 3: I love the idea he says, we should be rubbing our hands together, you know, like it's like the visual of scheming.
Speaker 6: Not because they're cold.
Speaker 3: My biggest question is when they have these like Islamic confabs and they're talking about, you know, death to America. We want to install, you know, this new Islamic order. Do you think they follow the Roberts rules of order When it comes to just how you facilitate the floor discussion, it's like death doormatica excuse me, sir, mack Mood had the floor. Okay, that's the point of order.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: Sorry, sorry, yeah, And this concludes my time. Thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I really I have no sensitivities to this religion at all. And a big part of that is because I'm informed. So people are like, oh, it's Islamophobia. I'm like, no, no, no, no, no, it's islam informed. I am informed. You're still living in, I don't know, some sort of rainbow fantasy that everybody's going to get along. You and the Pope obviously all think that Islam is a religion of peace. And yet, and yet, every single time we look at any nation that thinks that bringing in people who practice this religion faithfully as they see it right, they take over and they ruin, they knock down churches, They rape the other people that are there, because that is the mentality. We have to rape we have to pillage, we have to control, conquer. That's it.
Speaker 3: So I would love for them to play that clip. They never will do it, but I'm old. Nu's remember a time when they would host Democrat presidential primary or like debates on like Fox News or even on some conservatives. Imagine them playing that clip for Democrat presidential contenders and allowing them to respond to it, or for like the California goaubnatorial contenders and see what they said. I promise you the reason why Trump exists and the reason why mag exists is because, like people will at least acknowledge, as you have just done, that perspective is real and it has support, you know, universally as opposed to baring your head in the sands no pun intended and pretending that that is not a real thing. So I do think that to me, the conversation I think is that is so useful for the countries like allow people on the left to see that, hear that, and respond to it just in whatever honest way they feel comfortable.
Speaker 6: I would literally love to hear what they have to say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And the problem is is that they won't even entertain that clip. As we're going to see in this next clip the complete and utter lack of or misinformation. I'm like, guys, do you go ahead? Please?
Speaker 3: Well no, this is great because I like, so, I've just been through a thing where I've had to do it a couple of times now, so I have I'm already a white Republican male, right, so I don't need more help to feel empowered. But I now know that because I have a certain kind of credit card, if something doesn't go my way, I can just get I can call the credit card company up and they will cancel transaction. It's like a no questions asked kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: Not only do I get little sandwiches at airports, but I can just cancel transactions like I'm all right.
Speaker 6: But so it's fun to.
Speaker 3: Hear this person think of their like white privilege. Even though they keep it in their pocket, They're like, they're willing to get it out if and when they need to.
Speaker 2: This is a well set up clip. Take a look, are you LGBTQ?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'm clear. Okay, what would happen to you if you walked into Gaza or any any place called Palestine?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Uh you, I would assume my white privilege would keep me safe in that aspect, I'm not.
Speaker 8: A white privilege in Palestine would keep you safe.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm just saying like I'm an American, I'm white. They're not gonna you know.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like it's like the old MS commercial being white. It's everywhere you want to be.
Speaker 2: But like he's standing there, right, he's got the piercings and he's got signs. The signs are not clear, but one of them is like, you know, free stop the war in Iran. Right, Meanwhile the Iranians are begging us to finish it, and then the other ones like trans rites or you know, some nonsense. But it's like you think for one second that you know he had. The first question he asks him is you know, are you queer? And he's like, yeah, I'm queer, okay, And then he says, okay, well, how do you think that would be for you in any of these countries? And there's some piece of him, as you can see in his face as he speaks, that knows they would hang him from a crane. But he can't say that because it conflicts with his two signs. So he's like, h how do I answer this? Oh, I know, I'll go to my white privilege. I'm like, bro, they don't care about your white privilege. They care that last night Harry and Larry were in your bedroom and they don't like that. So they're going to kill you because that freedom that you have here in America, that you're so used to and that you take for granted, is going to be stomped through the desert like a camel, you idiot. So in this post, which I have to give the hat tip to Wall Street Apes, I love Wall Street Apes. If you guys aren't following them, police follow But he points out all of the places where your sexuality, if you're queer, lesbian, whatever the words and acronyms are, who cares, right, it doesn't matter if you are not a straight person. In Iran, it's actively enforced into the penal code. Highest rates of execution for being a gay personal lesbian Saudi Arabia death penalty, Yemen death penalty, Somali death penalty, Nigeria death penalty, Uganda. Aggravated homosexuality carries the death penalty under the twenty twenty three Anti Homosexuality Act. I mean, it's a list of the who's who, and this guy's like, no, no, it's totally fine. I just like pull my white privilege card.
Speaker 3: Well he does, and unfortn you know, I have it on fairly good authority that one of his favorite things to do with Harry and Larry is the camel stop.
Speaker 2: God. That's amazing. I wish that I thought of it first. It's great. So yeah, it's just more more confusion, more just frustration with people like this that are outside with their signs and they don't even know what they're protesting for against or how it would be received.
Speaker 6: So I would just tell you this and then we should move on.
Speaker 3: But you know, at the at the Government Accountability Institute, we do a white elephant gift exchange every year for.
Speaker 6: At Christmas time.
Speaker 3: I know, and I have just decided that I will absolutely buy a Queers or Palaestin T shirt that be my white elephant gift exchange.
Speaker 6: It will kill I know, it is no, I know it's going to do so well.
Speaker 2: It's like I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. Okay, So, if you're following the Data Center conversation that is taking over the nation, and it was interesting because I saw Bloomberg yesterday was running all these clips of these graduation ceremonies and they had their honorary speakers, and one of the speakers and I won't quote the school because I can't remember, but hey, got up.
Speaker 3: It's been like a bunch of them, like I've seen like multiple college commencement speakers booed off the stage referencing a and everything else.
Speaker 2: So this generation that is currently going to go out into the workforce or at least give it their best old college try can't get a job because why people like Mark Zuckerberger laying them off for their AI bots. This is a real thing. So there's a guy here. I don't even ask me how I found it because I really don't know. I don't know how my algorithm is working, but it's feeding me some interesting stuff. But this guy's name is Clayton Tucker, and he is currently out spreading the word that there is a twenty twenty four rule that says we can stop a data center because projects that are considered of national security and they have any products in the making of their final I guess version of whatever they're doing that come from China, they're not allowed to do that everything has to be made in America, So it actually stopped this one data center from being built. Now, when I tell you, this guy is like standing on a stage with a bandstand behind him in a cowboy hat. This is the last thing I thought this guy was going to say.
Speaker 3: But he's brilliant and he's right, and it's consistent by the way, Florida's Lieutenant Governor Jay Collins, he's had bills intro student legislation that like kind of would prevent Chinese technology from being used in parts of the infrastructure for exactly that reason, right, Like I mean, you saw when they went to present they went to China, all the press, delegation, everybody else that had to turn over everything that Chinese people gave him because they're worried about secret recordings and all that stuff. So you know that stuff is also a threat in any piece of software that comes over here. Yeah, So good for this guy for using at least our awareness of that. From a public policy standpoint, there's a way to stop this data center thing from happening.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Take a listen.
Speaker 8: There is a county that stopped a data center because of the twenty twenty four National Defense Authorization Act. The Act says that if you built anything related to national security, that it cannot use any components from China. All data centers have components from China. That's how the supply chains work. So they were able to sue them and got them stopped for that reason.
Speaker 2: I mean, absolutely genius. I can't fault this guy for one second. And he's just you know, he's actually running for public office. His name is Clayton Fuller. I think I want to make sure I get his name.
Speaker 6: It was Clayton Tucker.
Speaker 2: Clayton Tucker, excuse me, Clayton Tucker. And he's just like up there, like hey guys, just sharing the knowledge, you know, protect your communities. And I will say, as you and I were talking about before, if you're doing any kind of research on AI and these data centers, you are hearing about water shortages, humming and buzzing.
Speaker 6: It's not just like Internet research.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the good news is, here's how you know, like AI hasn't taken over because we are aware of these things. It's so pervasive. Linda, there's a TV show on NBC called Stumble. It's like it's like a cheerleader. It's like the office, but for like a cheerleading team and a junior college down ahead. Because I have children and I'm an active and engaged father. Blame it on the kids anyway. Like the plot of one of the episodes is literally like an AI data center wants to come to town or whatever, and they're all like, yeah, it's gonna bring jobs.
Speaker 6: And then but then again, this is a network TV show.
Speaker 3: And then like the next episode, like, okay, actually it's sucked up.
Speaker 6: All the water and the power and everything else.
Speaker 2: Uri And I was, you know, a friend of my husband's was just saying the other day that his company is has been engaged to help build one of these data centers. This is one of the places where the community voted yes, and it's a wide swath of land in the middle of the country. There are no homes or anything around it, so okay, fine, And he said that the company told him there is no expense too high to get this done. Just get it done. So for the next however long, the people that are building this data center will have jobs and they'll thrive, and then as soon as they're done with them, you're done. Thank you for playing and move on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I like that.
Speaker 3: I know I made fun of you for like casually referencing car service earlier. But when I was reading about Lake Haho news, I saw that the UH one of the one of the utilities there is going to stop serving power to the residents in and around that area because it has to go to the data centers in Nevada. So it's insane, and I do think that. So you got two kind of competing threats right there, the Chinese Spiana piece of it, and there's also hey, what are we gonna do about this? And eventually you're we're waiting for the green energy people to be like, hey, yeah, the.
Speaker 6: Power is coming problem somewhere. Yeah, you know, you get.
Speaker 2: Involved in this. But they're not about that right because they can't make money off of it. And probably half of them we're insider training on it already because they got all their lobbying friends telling them, hey, you should buy in this because it's about to take off, bro, and they're like, all right, I'm in on that.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Trump's flying Jensen Wong over the China be like more Ai, let's go bro.
Speaker 2: I don't even get me started. And then it's like, oh, we're not making your chips, just kidding or making your chips. Oh did you short that before we told you. I mean, it's a whole other conversation. But my issue right now is the data centers are a little bit scary because President Trump did say and I think I don't don't quote me on this, but I believe it was January of February when we really started talking about these data centers and he said, the government is not going to supply you with your buildout, with your locations or any help to get this done. You need to figure it out, get your stuff built, and figure out where you're getting power and water. And I'm like, at the time, I was like, oh, I'm glad they're not going to be hurting taxpayers with that. Now I'm like, oh shit, they're hurting taxpayers. Are taking our water in our electric and they're paying so much that these utility companies are like, well, yeah, sure, yeah, we'll take your four times the rate. You know. Feet that's the problem, right. I don't know, I'm not sure where this ends up or how that all shakes out, but it does. It freaks me out a little bit. And other things that freak me out. More trans killers? How about that segue You're welcome. Really weird. We've got these two trans kids, seventeen and eighteen, and I'm not going to say their name because there's been some back and forth about their names and the picture being used. And I'm sure you've seen that too. But they went into this mosque in California and shot three people, killed three people, and then suicided each other. Why Manifesto go pro cameras? I could not believe. And I actually think Elon Mush would look into this. I was on X yesterday looking up information on this because that's where I go to first, as you know, and they actually auto rolled the video of him or them or whatever they were shooting the other one, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, really, who I mean, like just like, oh my gosh, that's Charlie Kirk stuff.
Speaker 6: Yeah, carib right.
Speaker 2: It's like when you see it, Like when I saw Charlie Kirk get murdered, I was like it was so shocking and jarring that it it really uh, it really took hold of me. Obviously we all know Charlie and he was a friend. But I was like, ah wait, wait wait, I'm sorry did that just happen on live television? Like we were carrying that and it was just just horrible. But this trans murder stuff is getting to a spot where I'm really having a hard time not looking to the parents and the physicians that are administering these SSRIs. Something is.
Speaker 3: I would say this, like what I saw, Let's talk about like how the story got covered, because you know, because I think most people have an awareness that there was a mosque shooting in San Diego. Yes, and even if you just saw the headline, but the headline then suggests, or like the commentary next to the headline suggests that it's connected to, you know, Islamophobia or some other level of kind of white, bigoted, kind of anti Muslim perspective. And then but then so this particular detail, and again, the fact they happen to be trans doesn't necessarily mean that they, you know, committed this shooting in a mosque, but that part of the story is at least as relevant as I mean, there's no evidence they were islamophobic.
Speaker 6: I don't think. I haven't read the manifesto, but.
Speaker 2: No, it has been ready in its entirety.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so there's a lot The point is like this is another data point in a different story that is not being discussed in connection to the mosque shooting. I think that the narratives suggest allow people to kind of draw the inference of something that's not necessarily true, which is like, this is another instance of like Islamophobia.
Speaker 2: And I think too, you know, and alec lace who.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I'm sorry, Linda, but just like to the to the scenario we talked about earlier, I would bet you, like real money that in that scenario where we said, hey, here's this clip of these moms in London talking about want to impose a new world order? Like what do you think elected Democrats, they would reference this shooting at this mosque as reasons why we need to protect and stand up, you know, look out for and fight against Islamophobia. Yeah, in addition to everything else, right, this would get referenced before anything else.
Speaker 2: And to your and to exactly that point when it happened yesterday, I went, oh, man, what are the Democrats going to do? We got their two favorite groups, We got the trannies, we got the Muslims. Who are you going to side with? That's gonna get weird for you, you know, who's the victim here. And obviously this particular or mosque has some people that liked nine to eleven, you know, praised the people that you know, committed the crimes on nine to eleven, had other strange anti American type posts and such on social media. So it's not like one of these like, you know, we're just a mosque, We're doing our thing, We're not bothering anybody. This is definitely a politically engaged mosque with a history of making comments against America. So there's that part too. Not to mention the fact that you have these two kids seventeen and eighteen years old, and this video if you could see it on the screen, obviously I am not playing it, but this was the video where he literally is loading the gun, turns and shoots the other assailant. And I'm like, oh god, you know, like I'm trying to figure out. And I always feel this way when you were about to kill people who aren't bothering you, you don't have anything to do with you, YadA, YadA, YadA. And these people obviously had an agenda. They were anti Trump, they wanted to kill Trump, they wanted to kill Vance, they hated America. They fell oppressed blah blah blah because they had been poisoned with this bullshit for I don't know how many years. Right, it's like their entire indoctrination of education.
Speaker 3: No, you know, you've seen the stories about how like tech leaders, they allow their children to have incredibly limited screens in them And I would just say, like to me, like the big takeaway is, think about what just happened. Those are two teenagers, like seventeen year olds who live in San Diego, California. Bro, you're sitting on a winning lottery ticket, like you should have no problems, but if you know, you should be able to go to the beach and hang out and go to the zoo and just like enjoy one of the nicest places in the world.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: But because they people then voluntarily choose to spend their time online, yes, and these kind of like artificial environments you know, engagement it No, it's it's so bad. You know, I still think we are we have yet to fully reconcile the negative impact that the access we have given our children to spaces and places that do things to their brain that other substances do to the braid you have to be are illegal, right, like yeah, Like, hey, you're a parent, you know, I'm a parent, Like I can give my kids on a tablet, but it would be illegal. And I gave my kids a scotch every day. Yeah, and I think.
Speaker 2: That the same poison. I agree with you.
Speaker 6: It is a move.
Speaker 2: And they talk about these kids and if you're watching, if you're not watching, right now, we're showing a screenshot that has all of these trans shooters and they've all done these mass shootings and each of them is like binary, gender fluid, trans confused, you know. I mean one guy who looks like his name's just Larry. I'm not sure, but you know, my point in this is we have a situation where these parents have let it go too far. And when you let your child sit on these electronics and these social media platforms or YouTube or whatever, they are going to end up been wormholes of shit that you have no control over. And this doctor the other day put this thing out and I think we'll do it next week. But she was so interesting. She's been studying kids' brains and she talks about the white matter in the brain and how there's so much because they're not using their brains. They're just being fed information. And how when they take a pencil or a pen and they write on a piece of paper, the synapse is in the brain they fire off.
Speaker 4: She goes.
Speaker 2: It looks like little fireflies. It's incredible how the brain works. And I was like, Wow, that's amazing. Because I'm very strict with my kids about everything when it comes to social media. We've removed YouTube from the house. My youngest son doesn't have a phone. He has like a bark phone that only he can talk to me, and that on you know, stupid stuff right, like you're really hunkering down. But I just pulled him from public school because I can't believe what they're learning. I can't believe the amount of time that they're on their computers. I can look at his search history and see everything he's done during school, and I'm like, why are you looking at this? What is don't they see this?
Speaker 3: No, it's because the teachers are checked out. And I'm sorry that you don't have YouTube anymore. But if I was allowing my kids to have YouTube, what I would have them watch is a reality show of you being in a public school PTO Meeta. That would be I think that's a sub offtened opportunity. I'm very sad you have chosen to exit the market.
Speaker 2: Because, yeah, I'll tell you, my husband and I we really and actually part of the reason why is because of the stuff on YouTube about Charlie Kirk and I am so frightened of the how desensitized these kids are. I mean, I'm like, you're looking at that guy get murdered and you don't care. It's like those Luigi Mangioni, the Mangionistas. I'm sure you saw them the other day. It's not a part of our story today, but just very quickly, these are women standing outside of a New York courthouse saying we support him. He killed this awful CEO and screw his kids, and screw his wife and screw his mom. They're better off without them. Enjoy your blood money. I have no words for that. You are Satan has enteredview. This is spiritual warfare and I'm not getting it. Like, I'm not about that. That's that's next level sick now.
Speaker 3: It's just it's just what happens when you know, my son when he first started like kind of reading a lot of books, right like, and he started to just his behaviors are changed. And I just told him, I was like, look, man, like you could. I love that you love to read. But if you spend more time in the fake world than you do in the real world, and that impacts your ability to function the high level in the real world, then we're gonna start spending less time in the fake world. Yeah, And you know, I think that just speaks to you know, there's all these studies of decense at highs. You're much more likely to say something on the keyboard. You'll send a text or an email. There's somebody you wouldn't say somebody in person because you don't have to be confronted with like the feedback of their reaction and how that makes you feel emotionally and all those things. We're so detached from the normal what used to be the social contract of a regular interaction with and the consequences no, and that, you know, and now we're sort of multiple generations removed from it. And that's I think that's how you see something like this now that this is there's always been some version of this, right, Like Charlie Manson had his people, like Head Bundy had crazy women. I mean, look, crazy women have loved men that built this country.
Speaker 6: Okay, so I'm not here to just to go anti crazy woman.
Speaker 2: But I well, as a woman, I will tell you I'm sick of dumb women. I'm thick of dumb white liberal women getting out there and acting like they have a say. I'm sick of women coming out and saying that they're oppressed, that they're not treated fairly.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm sick of these gym rats that go in and film tiktoks and then go, why are you looking at me? Nobody is looking at you, bro, Nobody stop. Like, I'm sick of all of it. And I do think a lot of that is that social media stuff. If you're not saying something because you really care, you know, and there's a couple of things that we're going to get to in the next couple of minutes that we really care about, then you're you're not you're not adding anything constructive, right, if you're not gonna help, don't hurt. And unfortunately that mantra is not shared enough in my opinion, But hey, who the hell am I right? Okay, let's look at one other thing in the same topic. This is a friend of mine told me about this, and I didn't think it was real, and it is. I used to watch Tell me if you did Peppa Pig with my youngest, and I love Peppa Pig. I thought it was super cute cartoon. Please.
Speaker 3: I did not watch Pepa Pig, but only because when it comes to entertainment for my children, we're Mormon. I'm excuse me, We're Muslim, which means no pork, you know. So we're big on the Wiggles and big on the like Pja Mask but the Peppa Pig.
Speaker 6: But we just were never there.
Speaker 2: I was, we were big fans of Polup Patrol, but I gotta say I could not get into the Wiggles. Those people drive me nuts. I'm like, I'm out, No.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I was so invested in the Wiggles. I even knew bout like the little drama between the different colors.
Speaker 2: Oh I know, I know, Oh I can't. But this is an episode of Pepa Pig. So you figure the age range for Peppa Pig is somewhere between like three and six, Say six is really getting up.
Speaker 6: There and college age Stoner's.
Speaker 2: Isn't that South Park? But anyways, so this is an episode where they're they're introducing this new character and she has two mummies.
Speaker 6: Take a listen. I'm Penny, Pela, Bet.
Speaker 2: I live with my mommy, am my other mommy.
Speaker 9: One mommy is a doctor, and one mommy cut spaghetti.
Speaker 2: I lost spaghetti.
Speaker 3: Lovely, Penny.
Speaker 2: Why do we have to have this conversation. I don't understand. I'm not asking you about your sexuality or your life if and when a situation arises that and it has for me. My son in second grade had a classmate that had two mummies, and he's like, why does she have two mommies? And I was like, I'm not sure she said, and he said, well, she said that her mommies are married. I said, well, two women and two men can get married in the United States. Now, I personally do not have a problem with people being gay. I have a lot of gay friends, gay family members, so on and so forth. What I have a problem with is bringing it into the classroom. Why we're into cartoons. Why is this why? I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the argument for it is representation matters, right, and so you have like kids like you just mentioned that they're watching show and so make it's nice for them to see their families, you know, portrayed on screen. But to the point, there's also families who are trying to keep from having those conversations with their children. And you'd like to think, Look, parenting small kids is so hard. You like to think you can kind of like have you know, we put you put your kid for the TV for fifteen minutes because you're trying to take a shower or clean or something, and then next thing, you know, it kind of brings up something else. To me, what's funny about it is like, why I think this is problematic is not, you know, not just because you're kind of portraying with some people consider be a non traditional family.
Speaker 6: But they couldn't.
Speaker 3: It's still gender coded, notice, right, Like it's clear like there's the one who works and then there's.
Speaker 2: Make the spaghetti. Yeah, I'm like, is that all she does? Really? Why are you defaming her? Maybe she does other things during the day, right, It's just again, there's just no need. They're three, they don't know two mommies, they don't know two daddies. They don't know mommy and daddy. They just know I'm safe here and you can just go about doing the regular show, show them at the playground, show them playing a game, show them playing baseball. That's what kids want to see. Kids don't give a rip about the marriage and who's a doctor and who's not keep it moving like it's enough already okay, and other things that are enough. Did you know that it is not illegal to be nude in front of a two year old?
Speaker 6: And Oregon, Dude, I saw ex So this is wild to me.
Speaker 3: I saw this clip and what's funny is and you'll see that this guy who's got a child who was exposed to a naked person in Organ, which I think of all the states to be exposed to naked person, Orgon's like bottom ten, like you don't want you know, like there's a kind of weird stuff happening there. But my favorite part about this clip is the cop who is like, look, bro, I'm a cop in organ What do you think my life is like?
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 3: It's like he's having a kind of go bend of a backwards to explain. He understands he's not disagreeing with the parent, but he's also is paid by the people who make the laws, which he is he has to explains here it is.
Speaker 6: In the state of Oregon.
Speaker 10: Someone can walk up to your two year old kid completely bare naked, and that's not a crime, even if it's on your property.
Speaker 8: Correct, Well, so it's trespassing, But what I'm saying is there's no laws against the actual nudity portion of it.
Speaker 11: So you can expose yourself to children in organ.
Speaker 8: Again, if you're not doing it for sexual gratification or the gratification of somebody else.
Speaker 2: Yes, you are allowed to walk around in public naked on private property.
Speaker 10: This is where I live, and someone just came and exposed themselves to my two year old boy, and this officer saying that it's not a crime. So a naked person came up onto my property here, approached my two year old kid completely naked, which I ran over to him and covered his eyes so he wouldn't see. My obvious thought is to call nine one one, as someone's indecently exposing themselves.
Speaker 11: To my child on my property. At what point did this become a normal and acceptable thing to do. The cops will literally do nothing about it. They're basically saying, we have to wait for that person to do something more serious to your kid before we can intervene.
Speaker 2: How insane is that I actually had to grock that and make sure it wasn't fake because it seemed so insane to me. And there is a law that says this, that it's not a crime to be nude. And then when he says, well, it isn't a crime to be nude because unless you're getting off on it, like it's cool, I'm.
Speaker 6: Like, which think about that. By the way, whose job is it to be that detective?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Right, like the gratification investigation determine that.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's why that cop. By the way, that's why that cop is so exasperated. Like, look, bro I just got done like bright.
Speaker 2: Blue gloves broo.
Speaker 3: He's like, this is my third horn dog naked man investigation of this week. Okay, this guy's just lazy, but the other few those were real pervs.
Speaker 2: But can you imagine, like this is this is the stuff that I don't understand. This guy's on his property, on his house, looks like a quiet little neighborhood two year old in the grass letting him play for a minute. Oh, by the way, here comes Hunky Dory down the street with all of his family jewels. He'd like to exercise his freedom of nudity. The hell's going on. I'll tell you what. You're lucky, that's not my front law. I would have beat the shit out of him with a bat.
Speaker 3: Which here's the irony, Like, if you had beat his ass with your bat was arrested.
Speaker 6: If you had been beaten him when you were naked, you're totally fine.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 6: It's like, listen, she just like kind of doing a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was naked and that and it got weird.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Organ's wild. I do Perry Atkinson's show on the Dove Shouts. I got Perry everyone in the and he's in Oregon, and so we always end up talking about like how crazy Organ is. They change the law so it is now legal to pump your own gas, but it used to not because you like you had to use like one of their full service attendants or whatever it is. So Organ's got a whole bunch of crazy laws. But I was today years old when I learned that public community was Okay.
Speaker 2: It was today years old. Okay, we have time for a couple more clips. I want to play Brandon Gill. I know I've talked about him before. I love him. This guy is a star. He's got two young kids, he's probably in his thirties, you know, like he gets it right. He's like in our generation of people, like married kids, trying to raise your kids, trying to just live life, pay your mortgage, and you're like, I'm sorry, why am I in the land of crazy misfits? So this is him during some congressional testimony where some moron has to sit there and explain to him why you need tampons in the boys bathroom?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is an exchange that he's having with one of the witnesses. It is. He's so great, the way that he sets us up. I love it.
Speaker 13: I can't even say this without laughing. Adapting an lg B plus inclusive teen pregnancy prevention program for transgender boys. I can't even say this without laughing. Do you think that that is a you know, useful form of our tax spend?
Speaker 9: I am not familiar with that grant, but I think bench research government investment in scientific.
Speaker 13: And pregnancy for transgender boys. Do you think that that is a useful spend of our tax dollars?
Speaker 9: I think government investment in all kinds of scientific research is of the utmost.
Speaker 13: Important including pregnancy prevention for transgender boys.
Speaker 2: Okay, classic, he can't he really can't stop laughing. And she looks like the perfect person.
Speaker 3: Too, Dude, that poor woman, you know what I mean, She's like she's probably there to defend like real stuff, you know, like which I don't know, like the flu or like real like public health related things.
Speaker 2: Science. Shut up about the science you're.
Speaker 3: I know, but went because they know because she can't write. She's, to your point, like she's trapped. You can't, like with the whole the Muslim and the Trains thing, like if you if you're like a public health person, then you're programment funding stuff, so you can't be like, can't come out on the wrong side or something that the people who are writing your check support. That's Brandon Gill is very good, and he is very good.
Speaker 2: Okay, We've got two fun clips to end the show today. I will let you pick which one you would like. First, we have Chinese Trump or the Dancing Accordion Dog.
Speaker 6: Dude, we gotta we gotta go Chinese Trump.
Speaker 2: Next, copy this, No, guys, just full disclosure. Okay, I thought this was fake. This is how good this guy is. He started doing this when Trump was in Beijing last week when he met with Eijenping, and I saw him and I was like, bro, he is the best Trump impersonator I've ever seen in my life, and I've seen a lot of them.
Speaker 12: Nowadays, everybody's talking about old money, and today I'm gonna show you what real old money looks like. A Jaida, I'm a Guangzho. Look at this place, the Chang Klan and Sistrel hole over one hundred years ago, all the ten families and the Chin dynasty that come together to build this thing. Look how big this is. This is a huge project, history badness. And they hired the best craftsman, the best one, best of the best. I mean you look at the roof, Look at that. Every single sculpture tells a different story.
Speaker 2: So you guys, are I mean honestly right. He is phenomenal and he's obviously, you know, a Chinese guy from China and started doing this when you know, the entire entourage arrived last week and I saw his first one. Did you see it? He was like it was like right by where the the brigade of cars of American cars where And he's like I'm here, blah, blah blah, and I was like, oh my god, this guy is like the worst AI And I'm like, holy shit, that's him.
Speaker 3: That's not he's amazing, he's elite. But here's the irony, right, Like he can't like that video he did which you just if you're watching you saw with came out on TikTok. He cannot do one of President g No, he cannot, right.
Speaker 6: I mean that's like the irony.
Speaker 2: Well, what would you say, you grunt a little bit, grunt grunt wave grunt grunt.
Speaker 6: There's really not I'm just saying. I'm just saying like that, you know it.
Speaker 3: There's a really interesting article about what like comedy is like in China, you know, in the post kind of g Era during Cobe and everything else.
Speaker 6: Uh, it's it's just interesting.
Speaker 3: It's fun to watch, but like it's you know, just like you're not allowed to take stuff back from China. In China, you're not gonna make fun of the president.
Speaker 2: Yes, full full disclosure. Hi jiji, we got we got no got no beef with you, bro? Should I do accordion dog or should I leave it?
Speaker 6: What do you think it's up to you? All Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is ten seconds. If you're watching, this is an elderly woman on an accordion.
Speaker 4: Playing, please please.
Speaker 2: Watch our video podcast because you should see that. It will make you happy. It makes me happy.
Speaker 3: No, it absolutely makes you think, after all, like the terrible and dark stories that we had to talking about today. First off, like, there's three of the best things in the world, and one is the dog that's dancing like this is the happy dog moving around scratch to its bubbles, Like bubbles make no one mad? Right, Bubbles are you know, the most inoffensive, joy inspiring thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then number three bro shout out to the accordion. You know, I'm finally glad that on the second Hands episode we got to get to accordion land, because I do believe accordion is one of the more underrepresented musical instruments in pop culture and media today. So good on you and good on us for giving it its due day in the sun.
Speaker 6: America now a better place.
Speaker 2: On that happy note, thank you for watching. Uh, this is Eric Egers. I'm Linda McLaughlan. Rogue Recap sound Bite number six. We'll see you next week.