Speaker 1: This show contains terrifying, shocking, and haunting stories that some listeners may find disturbing or offensive.
Speaker 2: It's one am. You're driving down a dirt road on the sixty two. Not a soul insight, just you and the desert night. But wait, you hear a signal off from the distance. It's faint, but it grows louder. Is it a howl of a coyote, the hiss of a king snake, or the voice of a man guiding you toward a great darkness? From my heart radio and overtones media, You're listening to YFT two FM and the only sound.
Speaker 1: You'll hear in the sleep old Valley.
Speaker 2: I'm Dixon Lewis your lone companion for the night, and I've got a new batch of stories to keep you up as you drive down the dusty, desolate highway. Our first tale follows two boys in the woods.
Speaker 1: Caught in a summer storm.
Speaker 2: They find refuge in a cave, but unfortunately for these two, they realize they're not alone.
Speaker 1: This is Retreat by Andrew On.
Speaker 3: Let us pray, Dear Heavenly Father, I ask that you bless us during this final summer retreat of our high school ministry. Many of our disciples will be heading off to college in the fall, scattered across the country. Let them spread your word and your love wherever they go.
Speaker 1: Let their devotion guide their faith. Oh my god, this is so boring. You want to get out of here. Pray give us a strength.
Speaker 3: To honor you, to trust in you, and to.
Speaker 1: Love you with all our hearts. The path forward is unknown with.
Speaker 4: Your guide us.
Speaker 5: Esther has been checking you out. I swear I've been watching her. She's been giving you eyes.
Speaker 1: You've been watching her? Wait? Are you in testing? She's hot?
Speaker 5: But it's fine, I mean, don't worry about it. She never looks at me anyway. You should ask her out.
Speaker 1: I don't know what. Holy shit, but this is crazy. Fuck Over there, there's a kid man. Doesn't look like the rain's letting up. It's getting worse. Hey, are you sure you don't want to get with Esther? I don't. I don't want to summer flavor for college. Come on, let me live through you. I told you I don't want it. I don't want to get with Esther. You don't want to get your dicks? O?
Speaker 6: Wait?
Speaker 7: Fuck Jesus, Okay, okay, have you decided if you want to fly up to the bay.
Speaker 6: I think my dad and I are gonna drive up. You used to take all my stuff. It's gonna be weird without you. Yeah, yeah, but it's cool. I'll see you during the breaks. You could come on, Is that.
Speaker 1: Anytime? Yeah? Yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna miss you. I'm gonna miss you too. I'm really gonna miss you. I'm really gonna miss you. No Jo, I'm really really gonna miss you.
Speaker 1: Oh oh shit. Yeah, so you don't like Esther? No? Do you like girls at all? Not really? Why didn't you tell me before? I didn't know before that? I know now? Are you still Christian? Doesn't matter? I don't know. We're church friends. We met at church, we hang out at church. Pastors always said. I don't care what pastors always said. I know how I feel about you. I don't know, man, what don't you know? You're still my friend? Right? Nothing has to change if you don't want it to. I just had to tell you how I felt. I don't expect anything more. This is just.
Speaker 8: Weird. It's weird because you're thinking about it. Maybe it's good you're leaving for college soon. Oh shit, you heard that right, Yeah, from inside the someone's in there?
Speaker 1: Hello? Is somebody there? What are you doing? What if they need our help? Hello? I think something's wrong.
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 10: Are you hurt?
Speaker 1: Can you talk? If you can hear us? Make some sort of sound? Oh? Well, all right, we need system. Uh. Uh.
Speaker 10: Clap once for yes and clap twice for no.
Speaker 1: Do you understand? Oh shit, it's working. Are you okay? Uh?
Speaker 10: Are you hurt?
Speaker 1: Ship? Should we go in? I think we have to. We're coming in.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: Can you guide us?
Speaker 1: If you clap, we can follow the sound.
Speaker 4: M hm hm.
Speaker 1: Get yourself phone laid out? Where's yours? It's out a battery? Better? Thanks? Ah? How long have you been in a cave? It's not as you no question? Oh right, sorry?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 10: Have you been in the cave for longer than a day?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 1: A few days? Maybe they're disoriented? Can you move?
Speaker 10: Do you do you need us to hurry? Are you in danger? Oh shit, don't worry. We're on our way.
Speaker 2: We'll be back with our broadcast after these messages.
Speaker 1: It's capable. Okay. I don't think the water's that deep. Come on, it suckld Hey can you clap for us again? What he's behind? Us. It must be bouncing off the walls and weird ways. Thing. I don't know.
Speaker 11: Uh, can you clap again?
Speaker 1: The fuck my phone? Aren't you serious? Can you see not a thing?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 11: Sound really close? Right, Let's just let them and go. Yeah, hold on, speak Hey, it's cool. I can hear you.
Speaker 1: Can you just feel the wall? Yeah? Passplits? There's a four? Should we go left? Right? Hey? Did you hear us back there? What did you hear us talking at the mouth of the cave? Did you hear us? Josh?
Speaker 10: What is.
Speaker 1: Correct? Are you with the church group? What's going on?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 1: Look? It's better if people don't know. Are you with the church group? Thank god, Josh? Class are coming from the left. The first one came from the right. Those class just came from the left. I can't I can't tell you. Let's just go this way.
Speaker 9: Wait, don't touch me, Josh, Josh, Wait, Josh, but dah, I'm heading back.
Speaker 1: I'll get home fucking a mad m hm hm hm. This is right, Josh, Josh, didn't hear me? I'm lost? Josh?
Speaker 9: Is that you?
Speaker 1: Josh?
Speaker 9: You coughing?
Speaker 1: Are you fucking with me? Just say something? M hm hm hm hm did you do something to Josh Did you do something bad to Josh?
Speaker 11: M hm.
Speaker 1: H m hm, Who are you? Mm hmm are you? Are you human? M m Are you going? You the tough one? Here's something else? Hm hm. Did you really need our help? Did you want us to come into the cave?
Speaker 4: M hm?
Speaker 1: Did you check us? Everybody lost? She's so sweet to trust. Jesus dances Jason.
Speaker 2: Jesus Retreat is written and directed by Andrew On, the Executive producers James Kim and Taylor Chiquoi. Erica Huan is a producer. Diego Perez is producer and leads sound designer. Daniel Martinez is a production sound mixer. Matthew Wong is a composer. Theme music by Ryo Baum and Robert Karova. Artwork by Justin d.
Speaker 1: Lee.
Speaker 2: This episode was recorded at Hobby Shop West in Highland Park, Los Angeles. Christian Tran plays Ben, Daniel Kim plays Joshua. Teddy Lee plays the Praise band leader. Abraham Kim plays a guitarist. Priscilla Leong plays a pianist and Praise band singer. The Praise group includes Andrea Gutierrez, David Ao, Julie Carlely Kim Castillo, Laura de la Fuente, Mara Dela Rosa, Melissa Slaughterer, Molly Peterson, Nina Pattuck, and Ryan majoris special thanks to Nikki Ang. You Feel in This Too is a production of iHeartRadio and Overtones Media