Speaker 1: Hi, guys, welcome back to I Do par two. It's your celebrity mentor Jenfessler, and today I'm going to be breaking down and reacting to some of the latest headlines in the world of divorce with my producer Heather.
Speaker 2: Hey lady, Hi Jen, how are you? Hi?
Speaker 1: Heather? So, Heather is my right arm, right hand, right hand all things off screen, and today she is my partner on screen, which I'm actually very excited about. I want to hear your takes on this stuff, my friend.
Speaker 2: These are some wild stories. I'm ready.
Speaker 1: We really are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah. We're talking to you guys about the mess that has become some of these celebrity divorces. And I don't know, maybe it helps people to hear about this and their own divorces or they all seem messy, right, every one of us, all of us I Do Part twos, have been through nothing. I've never heard of anything being really easy in terms of divorce or you know, death or even in my case, separation. But these celebrity ones are good. They're juicy, and they're messy and you know, sad in a lot of cases, right for sure.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I think that sometimes, right. I mean, I haven't been through divorce myself, but I think you do have to go through a bit of that storm before you can get to maybe some of that you know, nicer, happier endings. And I think we're going to get to some of those stories today too. There's some that are a little bit.
Speaker 1: Hopeful, some uplifting ones as well, right, definitely, yes, yeah, I have friends that always say like, divorce is so underrated. These are my friends, of course, that have now had some time in separation from the divorce. But even like with younger kids, being able to sort of feel like your kids are in a safe place'll have some time on your own. But that's another episode. So let's just dive right in. Let's talk about Scott Wolf. You're too young, I think, Heather, did you watch Party of Five?
Speaker 2: Listen? I did watch some Party of Five when I was growing up. It was a little bit more on the dramatic side. But I think Scott Wolf made appearances on some other shows that I used to watch back in the nineties, for sure, so I definitely know.
Speaker 1: I was in love with him. Yeah, Oh my god, so cute. So I guess recently, pretty recently him and his soon to be ex wife, Kelly, announced that they are getting divorced.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has been drama since the get go. If anybody's been following this story, obviously we know that there was a police called to the house. There was I believe she was detained for a period of time. So it's just gotten a little bit bumpier week by week. But tell everybody about kind of what's going on right now, the latest this story.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so I guess Kelly was dropped by her own attorney, right. She was making some accusations against Scott and that, you know, according to him, of course, are unfounded. And we are not in the room with her attorney and all that. Obviously their communications are privileged. So I guess it's up to us to sort of guess what happened there. But it's on the heels of her making these accusations. Maybe the attorney thought that she was making false allegations against him. You know, you don't hear about attorneys firing their clients.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it says here. It says on on Monday, August nineteenth, the Utah judge presiding over the divorce granted emotion brought by Kelly's attorney, Farah Spencer, to withdraw her as her representation. The judge said that Farah and her law firm are permitted to withdraw as counsel of record for Kelly effect immediately, and are relieved of any and all future duties and responsibilities for Kelly in this case. So, you know, obviously, like you were saying, we don't know all the details on why this, you know, went into motion, but I don't know what kind of sign it is when you're divorce attorney, he as a client, like, I think a little.
Speaker 1: Sketchy doesn't seem good? Well, I know. Also I believe her allegations had to do with his parenting, right and correct me if I'm on he has the kids, right.
Speaker 2: I think that right now he does.
Speaker 1: If we're wrong in any of this, you guys, please forgive us. But it's all I feel like this story is coming out in real time.
Speaker 2: Things are definitely changing with the wind on this one. But yeah, there's a lot of mudslinging going on right now. You know, Kelly's been going to social media posting a lot of you know stuff like we said, and we've all seen and heard, you know, bodycam footage from that night, So we're getting pieces of this situation. One thing's for sure, it's not going well. I think it is very what feels contentious, and yeah, you know, I think.
Speaker 1: Well, she's also Heather. She's a life coach, right.
Speaker 2: You know what. I actually remember Kelly from back when she was on reality TV, back in the day she used to be. She was on MTV The Real World.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hope you guys, if you're listening to this pod, you've you're hopefully of age to remember the real world. If not, thank you for listening. I don't know what I would have interesting to say to you, you young people. But anyway, the Real World that started off Reality TV. That was MTV show about I guess it's sort of like like summer House now a bunch of kids at the shore though was it the shore?
Speaker 2: But it's it's strangers if we're if we're really less correct, excuse me, right, strangers pick to live together.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it was cool.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what I remember Kelly being from. And you know, up until this time, I would say she was pretty much living a low profile with.
Speaker 1: Scott, but I think she was. I do think I remember reading she was a life coach. It's interesting. It's like, what does these expression therapists heal thyself or doctor heal thyself? You know. I mean, I think you can have distance from something like you can tell I certainly make a million mistakes and tell my kids do as I say, not as I do. So even though I know, you know, a lot of times I know the right path or the right move to make, I don't always choose it, but I can tell you what it is. So and I mean, you know, I think it's interesting, just the whole life coach thing and now she's unfortunately going through this mess. But we wish them certainly all the best. It's just a reminder of how ugly this can get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. Scott actually released a statement on the fifteenth, telling you People magazine that he is continuing to hope that to have most of this difficult chapter of his family's lives remain as private as possible. However, the well being of their children is at stake and that will always be his main priority. So yeah, we wish them all the best and hopefully they can get through this because at the end of the day, the kids are the most important aspect when I think anybody would agree when you're going through something.
Speaker 1: Like this agreed, Well, yes, I would think that everyone would agree with that. Speaking of contentious and kids and messy, let's talk about Kim Zolesiak and Corey Beerman.
Speaker 2: I'm actually really interested to hear your perspective on this one, obviously being from the Bravo verse just right out the gate. Have you ever met Kim before or do you know her at all?
Speaker 1: No, I've never met Kim. I've been watching him for years and Croy and so funny. Do you remember I don't know if you watched them back in the day when they fell in love at the beginning.
Speaker 2: Of course, their wedding, their.
Speaker 1: Wedding, but that's their wedding. Like she saw him and she was like, okay, I think this. She didn't use this wording, but there was something about his ass. I remember her saying that it was the cutest ass she'd ever seen. Do you remember this?
Speaker 2: I do remember this, And I also, I don't know if you remember that.
Speaker 1: That's if she asked him out first or something.
Speaker 2: When they got married, do you remember that she painted his jersey on.
Speaker 1: Her body and had.
Speaker 2: I will never forget that photo shoot that.
Speaker 1: She My god, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: I remember it was definitely a love story, hot and heavy. It really was July fast in the beginning. I think they both agree with that. But it's just gone again, reallywil in recent months. So you can go ahead tell him for many kind of what's what's like them?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well again, like and I haven't met Kim, but I met three nights ago. I met Arianna. I was at a movie premiere and she was there, I guess, representing next Gen and her adorable boyfriend. And it's funny, you guys, you know you read stuff, you see stuff on TV. Obviously we didn't talk about this. I didn't speak didn't bring up your mother's you know, getting divorced and it's ugly. But I'm just saying she was so sweet and warm, and when you meet people sometimes they become human and it all just becomes, you know, more than just an interesting story. It's just it's very sad and and so I believe Arianna. And who's the other sister, Brielle? Brielle right there? From there, they Corey adopted them, right, so there are four kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, he's definitely their stepfather. I don't know went through with the adopt.
Speaker 1: I think he did, okay anyway, So that's just how that's just context about in terms of like how sad it is. But I think that Kim now has asked that Coroy b thrown in jail for stalking her, you know, which is and I he obviously is denying those claims. So it is, Uh, it's gotten to the point where it sounds like it's you know, stalking her home and wanting her he wants her thrown in jail. She filed documents about they're really what seems to be their kind of never ending divorce. Yeah, they have four kids, right, and they have and then he adopted the two. But it's it's gotten out of control, and she says that he is Croy has been exhibiting erratic behavior, that Kroy's obsession with her has led him to survey surveilling the residence. Why can I say surveilling survailing the residence of a third party at whose residence Kim was present, as well as following him on such mundane tasks as grocery shopping. It sounds like the Genshaw and the monica of it all.
Speaker 2: It's really wild, and you know, it's kind of like this outlet says, it never ending. I feel like, similar to the Scott Wolf and Kelly situation, Kim and Croi are in the headlines every single week when it comes to their divorce, whether it is the money situation, whether it's somebody won't leave the house, whether it's you know, their kids are speaking, you know, so it's really really gotten messy, and you know, I just want to hear from you as you know, as an adult who's also been in a very long term marriage. Yeah, do you think that these two really need to be focusing on right now? Do you think they need better mediation? Do you think they should be, you know, enlisting the help of a divorce coach because it feels like they're not getting it right.
Speaker 1: So obviously just my opinion. So I feel like this whole thing would have gone a lot easier if from the beginning, and maybe they have one, but I'm thinking not. They had a prenup, so let me just put that out there. So they came into this marriage not as as children starting out right, they came into it as grown ass adults. He was a football player, so I'm sure he came in with his own money. She was a reality star. I'm sure she came in with hers. I might be wrong, but that's and my guess is from all of this that they do not have one. So if you're listening, who cares what Jenfesler thinks. But if you're interested, I care what Jenfesler thinks. Thank you, Heather, But I mean I just feel like that would have I think there's so much that we hear about the money, right, yeah, especially with the Ariana of it all talking about how they used her money. Actually thought if you guys watched her on watch What has Ups Live recently and Kim was there in the front row, and they handled that whole thing beautifully. Like Kim said, I guess they she had to pay the rent it was what it was, or the mortgage or right. But that's that's a hard thing. I'm sure their relationship was not easy, you know, when Ariana realized what was going on with the money whatever, that's not the issue today, but I think that it probably has what do you think, Heather, at least fifty percent, maybe more. It has to do with the fact that they don't have any money now. Now I don't know where all that money went. I don't know they had that huge mansion, right, I guess they lived extravagantly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think listen, I think the fact that they're.
Speaker 1: All kids still young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the oldest you know, of the kids, the four that they've had together is fourteen. The youngest the twins are eleven.
Speaker 1: I think they're expensive.
Speaker 2: Having young kids really does make divorce a lot more complicated than when kids are older, because as you are having that struggle with custody and visitation and all that stuff that maybe you wouldn't have if the kids were over eighteen. So I think that's a really you know, added.
Speaker 1: You think so you think it has much to do with that As money.
Speaker 2: I think that money is probably a huge factor. But when she's claiming things like stocking and stuff like that, I don't think that that necessarily these claims have to do with money. This is maybe no, no, right, this might be underlying in terms of visitation and.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, agreed completely, I agree, But I think that sometimes it gets so contentious so quickly, right, And they've talked about this both publicly, when they're both so worried about the finances and Kim, you know, selling off her things, and a woman that is, you know, obviously she's lived well, at least from what we've seen, a very affluent life, and things have changed very not so quickly, but as far as we've seen, and then it gets ugly. I think a lot of times the fear, the financial insecurity can lead to that kind of animosity that can then spill over. And I'm not saying that I don't know what happened with the kids, and I don't know about Kroy stalking her. I I wasn't there, so who knows, But I just my feeling is that I don't know. I would suggest people going into a marriage if everybody is a little bit older and has their own stuff, not that that's even always going to make it easier.
Speaker 2: I'll piggyback on what you're saying, Jen, I don't think it matters whether what stage of life you're in when you come into the relationship. Really up is the best way to go, And I think that's what you're getting at is, next time, Kim Kroy, if you get married again after this, get a prenup.
Speaker 1: Listen. I mean, I love that you're putting that out there, right, because I think there's people have lots of different ideas about a prenup and a lot of I think young people feel like it is predicting that the marriage is going to end. Right, You're taking these vowels for forever. What are you going to say?
Speaker 2: I was going to say that, I hear that a lot. That's not It takes the romance out of the situation. We've had some really amazing prenup people actually on this podcast that have pointed out that if you get divorced, the state that you live in has a say in how your marital assets are divided, regardless if you know, you decide to have a nice divorce or a contentious divorce. Right, So approach your marriage the same way you would approach your you know, financial portfolio, buying a house, anything like that. It is protection for the what if you wouldn't buy a house and not have house insurance, you wouldn't you know, and things like that. It's like, that doesn't mean that you hate your house if you were to buy a house, and you know.
Speaker 1: I think that it's sometimes harder if one person is coming into the marriage with a career, and I mean, let's say that they both have careers, but one is way more lucrative. Sure, and let's just go with the traditional idea of this. It's not always true, please, don't you know. But let's say a young woman is going in and a young man and she knows she wants to have babies and her career may not may or may not. Again I'm generalizing, but may or may not continue in a big way when she has kids. Maybe she wants to be a stay at home mom and her soon to be husband is has a big job and makes tons of money, and so I feel like maybe the fear of if something happens and now the kids are a certain age, I'm totally right. Like, but I think, and you said you had some attorneys on talking about this. If it's me and I'm advising my daughter to take a look at like what what is this going to look like down the road? Right, So playing out those scenarios and saying, you know, and I think it's probably very difficult to do. But if there is a divorce at this point, and including that in whatever contract you're signing, this is how much I'm going to walk away with, not just that he gets everything that he had, and I get everything that I had, and that's it, right, So I guess that's negotiable. Remember in Sex and the City, when Charlotte was arguing with Trey's mom, did you watch, Yeah, and because she wanted Charlotte to sign a prenup and there's a scene and I guess they wanted to give her whatever, I don't know, five hundred thousand dollars and she's like, I'm worth a million. Do you remember that.
Speaker 2: That's during the divorce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that was before they got married.
Speaker 2: Oh, before they got married.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Do you remember her negotiating the million because she was worth it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, because she said she was worth it. I love that line.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think that is important. You bring up a great fact. But also people should remember prenups can be updated and changed throughout the marriage. So if your life looks one way before you get married and things change with your career, maybe you weren't the bread winner when you first got married, but then you became a stay at home mom who made social content and you grew a following and now you're getting brand deals. You can change that. And it's called a post nup, and you can change that. And make it reflect more about what the marriage is looking like at that current time. So people need to get a little bit out of the everything is so black and white in your boxed in forever and know that things can be negotiated and changed. So I love that Jen saying get a prenup. I'm saying, get a prenup. And also Kim and KROI get a divorce coach. We have us divorce coach on this show named Samantha Boss who really opened our eyes as to what a divorce coach can do. Especially she does high conflict, contentious divorces like this. It's way beyond mediation. And you know, anybody that's going through a contentious divorce right now or is really struggling with an X that is making things difficult should really go back and listen to that episode because there's a ton of information as to why a divorce coach is actually a huge asset when going through something like this.
Speaker 1: I mean you say asset, I think of again, of the finances of that, and I think, imagine the money you could save on attorney's fees if you have someone guiding you so that it's not contentious. And I you know, I actually am going to go back. I don't know why I haven't listened to that episode and good stuff. I mean, I don't plan on having being divorced at this point, but I still I want the information.
Speaker 2: You want the info for sure to share.
Speaker 1: With my friends. You know a lot of whom obviously are going through it, and I really have. I've yet to know a couple that got divorced that where it was friendly at the beginning and during afterwards sometimes it gets friendly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're saying that conscious uncoupling like Gwyneth Paltrow isn't a thing.
Speaker 1: I can't with that. I can't even throw up in my mouth.
Speaker 2: I can't. I can't.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, it's Cheryl Burke. Okay, So I have to put you onto these leggings I've been so obsessed with lately. They're from this brand called Tona, and get this, the designer behind them also created Lululemon, so they know exactly what they're doing. These leggings are next level think buttery soft, super flattering, and very comfortable. Also, they are supportive in all the right places. I started worrying them for when I take my dog on walks, but now I'm basically living in them. And here's what makes them even better. Every pairy buy helps fund a mental health counseling session for a teen in need. Tona's on a mission to end teen suicide and self harm, which we think is so important and incredible, And we've partnered with Tona to give twenty percent off your order and free shipping. So head to tona active dot com and use code iHeart for twenty percent off and free shipping.
Speaker 1: So here's a sad state of affairs, really sad. Kelly Clarkson and her late ex husband Brandon. I think it's is it? I thought it was beer stock blackstock, blackstock, blackstock. Reebe McIntyre's step son. So he passed from melanoma recently, and she's I guess she's feeling like the stress of the divorce might have exacerbated, you know, the disease. And and I don't know what I believe in terms of that. I mean, I know people say that stress brings out, you know, manifests physically, but it's so I was thinking about this and how it must be so hard for her, you know, it's so final and and it's been they did They also had a very contentious uncoupling. So you know what I was thinking about my grandparents, and both of my grandmothers hated my grandfather's like nasty, nasty relationships, and I think they resented the fact that back in the day, when they were young people getting married, the wife was expected to have You know, my nanna used to say, a protein, a vegetable, and a starch on the table when he got home, and he had nothing to do with the kids, and he didn't. It wasn't like go watch them play softball. There was the king got home, he was served dinner. She had so much resentment about the fact that he didn't really interact with her or her boys, and so as they got older, it was so ugly right between them. But once he died, Poppy, I called him poppy. But once he died, she became so sad and missed him so much, and both actually both of my grandmothers talked about it, and unfortunately they both died soon after their husbands passed. And they talked so nicely about their husbands, and they were my They weren't trying to impress me. I knew the relationships they were my grandparents, But I think sometimes the finality right of death like that. And I don't know if this is what's going on for Kelly, but you look back and you think I would have done things differently. I would have said things differently. Maybe I would have been more gentle, maybe I would have been more empathetic. And again, I don't know that's what Kelly's going through, but what she's saying is reminding me of this like feeling of that. I think both my grandmothers had that. They were so hard on my grandfather's and there was nothing looking back, there was nothing they could do to fix it. And I think they both felt guilty about their partner. My grandfathers were not saints, so there's that. But I feel for Kelly Clarkson because she's carrying around, you know, that guilt and feeling like the stress contributed to the cancer. It's a hard thing to live with, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I listen. I think this whole situation is overall really sad.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: They have, like you said, they had gone through a difficult divorce a couple of years ago, and they have two kids, you know, River eleven and son Remington, who's nine, so you know, and this is all right, We don't have any direct fact. This is just being reported right now in the press that you know, although the timing could be purely coincidental. This source says that Kelly knows how much tension the divorce and the lawsuits put on them, and they're saying that she's not blaming herself, but the emphasize that she is conscious that the double whammy of the divorce and the fact that he had to repay her millions of dollars was very tough on him, and it really brought up for me personally. I really appreciate you sharing your insight in with your family. For me, my parents were divorced when I was really young and I lost my mom. It was just recently it's been ten years, and I thank you. And I remember the situation of my father navigating the grief of losing his ex wife, and it was a really it was a delicate dance. My dad is remarried, but I think that there was an Obviously Kelly is, as far as we know, is not in another public relationship at this time. But I think that there was a time where my dad felt that he wanted to grieve. Obviously, the woman that he had a family with that he had children with, but was also consciously, you know, trying to not lap in terms of his own marriage. So I think that that's an interesting situation to be in when I mean, my parents definitely didn't have the easiest of divorce, but once they were able to get through, it maintained a very friendly relationship up until my mother's passing. I mean, I love that very friendly. I would get together constantly for dinner, even when we were grown and out of the house, just the two of them, And so it wasn't something that I was expecting when going through the grief process to also be seeing my dad going through it, which I mean, you think about it on paper, and it does make sense. But I think that's what a lot of people maybe don't think about when they've gotten divorced, especially when we talk about some of these really contentious divorces that are happening right Like if your ex spouse, you know, is there one moment and gone then and then you are ultimately a total single parent. That's a lot to take on, especially again when these kids are very young now to have lost their fathers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that there's right. It's so multi dimensional. It's imagine to sorrow for your kids, you know, it's all it's so funny. It's all reminded me of Margaret Joseph's and Joe Binigno, and Margaret was on the pod and and her ex husband passed or ex husband jan and it was all very public, it was on the show. But how she felt it was hard because she you know, she's married and they have a fabulous marriage, but at the time she was really she had a really more in her ex. They also had a friendly relationship. And then also you know, feeling of if you're you went through a contentious divorce. And I'm sure the kids always know right they have even if they don't know, they know that it's ugly between mom and dad. At least that's what my therapist tells me. But so looking back on that and and I don't there's something to be said for really working towards an amicable split, and I think there's you look at cases like this and it gives you a lot of insight. I remember Kelly being really angry, and I'm not saying she didn't have a good reason to be, but I wonder if she had known then what she knows now it would have been different, she would have been maybe not. And I again, and I'm sure he was really angry, and I don't know what he was like to deal with. This has nothing to do. I'm not I wasn't. I'm not making judge, making a judgment. I'm just wondering, if you know, after the finality of death, people do look back and wish that they had done it differently, And it's a good I just think it's a good It's some good insight for anyone going through it. I'm not saying picture. I'm sure many people going through the force wish their partner was dead or think that they wish that their partner was dead. But you know, there's nothing to be done now, there's nothing that is. You can't change what happened. You can't go back, and you know, I think about that also a little off topic, but with my with my parents, my father and I had a difficult relationship and it was really difficult and now we are good and but there's still stuff right and I also help my dad financially and I do it. I don't want any I don't want to look back. He's you know, he's eighty three years old and wish that I had said something that I didn't say. I wish that I had acted in a way I didn't act or helped when I didn't help. I want to I do these things for me, right, That is what I've I've learned in therapy. And so this relationship I have with him now, which is really nice and warm and loving, I have I've worked like very consciously in terms of like developing that because I don't want to look back one day and regret not having had a relationship with my dad, or you know, I wish I had helped him more. But yeah, again that's off topic, but I'm just saying that it's something to think about. You know, these are lessons.
Speaker 2: The sentiment is there for sure that life is short. Do all that you can. And you know, we're obviously wishing Kelly Clarkson and her kids and you know, Brandon's family that has all been affected by his passing, we're obviously all wishing them the best. And here we are this difficult time because it is going to take time to heal from something like this. It's that's a major loss for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, agreed, Okay, but on to yet another couple, who who's going through it? So Jay Cutler and excuse me, Kristin Cavalary. So, I guess Kristin recently said that you got no money from the divorce, right. What do you think of that, Heather.
Speaker 2: I think it's a little interesting because you know, Jay kind of you know, got back at her recently in an interview, and we can get into that. But these two, these two have been divorced for a minute. Yeah, and I think it's kind of telling that the both of them can't really seem to stop talking about the other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we are stuck in when did they get married the eighties? I don't even know. No, maybe not.
Speaker 2: They definitely didn't get married in the eighties.
Speaker 1: Now lich longer. Sorry, guys, that's my age showing. They just feels like they've been yeah, because they're not that old. They're not that old. It feels like they've been married and divorced and hate each other forever.
Speaker 2: It's just really interesting. Like Kristen has obviously had other public relationships romances since this divorce, and you know, the stuff about Jay continues to come out. And I will say, you know, I'm a little bit torn on this because I do. I have been a longtime fan of Kristen and do love that she shoots straight. She gives it honest and real on her podcast in interviews, she always doesn't hold back right, and this is why people love her, and this is why she has maintained, you know, what could have been deemed as a five minutes in Hollywood and really stretched that over the course of over a decade now. And I think that that is really because she is open and honest with her audience, and that's why they love her now for all you know everything, Jay you know, was a huge football career with the Chicago Bears, and you know, after he retired, he and Kristen had a reality show which really did open him up to a new audience. We got to see his kind of funny personality. And now I believe he's doing sports broadcasting and stuff like that so in his post retirement career. But you know, I really we should talk about exactly what he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it made sense what he said. You know, he said that there's not a judge in the state of Tennessee that would have signed an agreement stating that Jay would keep every single dollar he made throughout their marriage. Yeah, he was. Apparently he was one of the was once the highest paid quarterback in the NFL. He signed one hundred and twenty six million dollar contract with the Chicago Bears. And you know, saying that Kristen saying that she got no money from the divorce, it definitely feels far fetched to me. I can't read, okay, but also I guess, and she has a whole lifestyle brand now right, she done James, and that's making a ton of money from what I'm reading.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she she has maintained that she has one hundred percent of that company and that she never took outside funding and Jay did not have anything to do with its creation, and that it's making you know, fifty million a year in revenue, which, go girl, I think that's awesome. You know, she said I have never gotten a penny from my ex husband and added I didn't get any money from him in the divorce. So let's clear that up, thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean that if you maybe she's saying she had her own money and in her mind what she got was was her I mean maybe that could be interpreted different ways, but yes, it definitely sounds unlikely to me that he was making one hundred and twenty six million dollars and she walked away with nothing. That sounds implausible to me.
Speaker 2: And I'll also back it up with you and I both know that divorce costs a lot of money. Divorce lawyers are not cheap. So is it that she got money but it went to paying divorce laws and she didn't come out with a prophet that's a different story. That doesn't mean you didn't get any money. It means that your money went to paying for your divorce proceedings.
Speaker 1: It just feels like it was probably so much money there. I don't know, but I would I would think if Kristen was my daughter. You're right, she was not an eighties girl.
Speaker 2: No, Kristin and I are around the scene.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, okay, all right, piped down Heather. So, but if Kristin was my daughter, which I guess she could be, I would definitely be advising her to shh, stop, just stop, especially because it seems that she's thriving.
Speaker 2: She is thriving, and they have three kids. They are thirteen, eleven, and nine, and so to me, it's also like, let's zip it a little just because there's a great way that it's getting back, not getting back to the kids.
Speaker 1: At the Breed listen, and according to Jay, he says her lifestyle brand was a marital asset because Kristen, you know, funded the company while they were married. Another reason ladies and gentlemen to get a prenup by the way, or a post up exactly. But yeah, I just I it's I would definitely advise if it's my daughter or my son, I would be advising them both to zip it. Okay, So here's some eighties news, Heather, it's not Kristin Larry.
Speaker 2: I still don't think this is eighties news.
Speaker 1: Kevin Federline is I mean, I'm saying he's he's talking about his Brittany in his Kevin Federline has a new book coming out, guys, but he's speaking about Britney. That had to have been the eighties.
Speaker 2: Jen.
Speaker 1: No, yes, hold on a second. So Kevin Fetterline is bringing his story.
Speaker 2: They got married in two thousand and four and divorced in two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: No, Jen, Oh my god, you guys, Okay, I'm not a credible source. So what I'm old, Give me a break, What do you want from me? I'm doing the best I can be. Quiet, Heather, this is anyway he's going back. What I'm saying is he's writing a book. Wait a second, Heather, when I was in college. I went to college from eighty six to ninety and while I was in college, Britney Spears was doing her thing. Right.
Speaker 2: No, Jen, she did not pop onto the scene until nineteen ninety nine. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Are you sure someone look that up?
Speaker 2: Britney Spears came out with her debut album in like ninety eight, ninety nine. I know because she was my first concert. She opened for n Sync and that was January of nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Quiet, fine, whatever, We'll move on anyway. The point is it still feels like Kevin feederline is it's an interesting time for him to be writing a book about and I'm I think anybody would assume that it's going to have a lot to do with Britney. This book. That's what's going to make it so interesting, right. But also apparently his son, their son just turned I don't know, seventeen or eighteen, and I guess child support is over.
Speaker 2: Yes, So the new book, his new his first memoir is called You Thought You knew, and it's coming out October twenty first, And yeah, I think it's really interesting timing because him and Brittany have two sons, Sean Preston and Jayden James. Sean is nineteen Jade and James recently turned eighteen. So that and anybody that's followed the Britney story knows that a couple of years ago, Kevin to you know, full custody of the boys and was raising them. So that means that Britney was paying child support. So that obviously means that it's most likely done now that they are eighteen. Now, who's to say that she's not still supporting them in some way financially. But I think it's really interesting that this is now when Kevin decides to come out with a memoir. Now we also know that Britney had her own memoir that came out and is also being made into a movie. You know, I just feel like, I don't know, you can you tell me. I feel like Brittany, we all know, has been through a lot, and it kind of bums me out that now somebody else again in her life, in her inner circle, is going to try a buck off of her.
Speaker 1: I gotta tell you guys something, Heather, you are one amongst many. But but Britney lovers like people that I know younger than me, but that grew up on Brittany. They are emotional about everything Brittany. They get so upset. My friend and my manager loves Brittany, Like, don't you say a bad word about Brittany. I remember even when I was recording season we were doing filming Season fourteen, Rachel Fuda, we had a whole funny thing about Brittany because you do not diss Brittany in front of her. So people get very sensitive about Brittany. And I think probably because she's definitely seemed over the years to be she's always struggling, you know, with her mental health. With paparazzi, we all watched her shave her head and take the baseball back to the car and so talented, right, was so much to offer this world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think anybody who's listened or read her memoir, it was eye opening. It was extremely sad to hear about how she has been internally struggling this past you know, decade. Really, So I will play a little bit of Devil's advocate in the sense that. Because I did read Britney's memoir, I do know that Kevin was mentioned quite a bit in it because he is a big chunk and important part of her life. He was her second husband and the only one that she had children with. So you know, I will say that Kevin does have the right to write a book and mention Brittany and talk about his life. He says, you know that it's going to be extremely intimate and transparent when it comes to this book. And if anybody didn't know, prior to being with Britney, Kevin was a professional dancer. He danced with my major in Pink Destiny's Child.
Speaker 1: Right, he was a dancer. He was back, Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: He was dancing for her. So he was also with shar Jackson prior to being with Brittany. So he had a child or two children with her. Right, it's not a life, you know. I won't deny that.
Speaker 1: But you're protective over Brittany.
Speaker 2: I just think it's a little bit of a bummer that this keeps happening to her, and I just want Brittany. I don't want to say leave Brittany alone, which is obviously the famous quote, but I do want Brittany to have a you know, I wish her a lot of peace and to have a different lifestyle now that you know she's gone through her second public divorce with Sam.
Speaker 1: I'd love Brittany. I love her music, and I've certainly watched, you know, what she's been through, and but I can't begrudge him, you know, trying to make the big bucks, and I think it will sell. There's that.
Speaker 2: I think so too, and I think it's going to get a lot of attention.
Speaker 1: We just feel bad for Brittany, is basically what you're saying. And I don't. I do too, but I I have to say that, you know, man's got to eat. I don't know, and and maybe there are there are other ways to do it, But you know, I also do think that Brittany obviously, I'm I'm thrilled when her Conservative conservatorship was thrown out right, but she still to me, doesn't seem well and maybe how I you know, I see her dancing like everybody's kind of teases about her dancing with knives, and she seems a little a little unglued. But I'm on the shrink. But having said all that, I wonder what it's been like for him and his boys dealing with that, right, because they don't deal with it like we deal with it. We watch it and we feel badly or we you know, feel sometimes even amused seeing everything seems so wild. And but for him, I'm sure that's been very hard. Certainly it has to have been for his boys. So he has a story to tell. And I, you know, don't I don't wish that on, you know, any more sadness or any more controversy for Brittany. But I don't know. I sort of feel like I don't blame him. How's that?
Speaker 2: I agree? And I get again, you know, she's come out with hers talked about him. I guess he has every right to come out with his own now and talk about her. So we'll stay glued to it. It's coming out October twenty first you thought you knew, So we'll keep you guys updated on that one.
Speaker 1: It's a good title, it is.
Speaker 2: It is kind of a good title.
Speaker 1: I do like that, right, I do too. You want to talk to Jessica Alba and Cash Warren?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean we got to end this episode on some positives.
Speaker 1: We could do. Katy Perry and Justin Trudeau. I just thought it was justin throw Justin Trudeau.
Speaker 2: Justin Trudeau is different than Justin.
Speaker 1: Through Okay, see this, I hadn't heard about this one before. The Katy Perry in my mind, she's just like split with Orlando, so she did.
Speaker 3: She did know.
Speaker 2: That's what I think is amazing that we should let our listeners know is that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and some people are finding that light a little sooner than maybe others are. We got to end on something positive because, like you know, Jessica Alba and Cash Warren, they were together for married for sixteen years, and at the top of this year they announced that they were separating and going through the divorce motions, which was pretty shocking. I think to anybody that has, you know, followed either Jessica through her launching of The Honest Company or her you know, acting career, nobody really saw kind of trouble in Paradise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they always presented. They're so gorgeous, exactly, and they just right always presented, at least to me on red carpets, is just madly in love and yeah, this really beautiful power couple.
Speaker 2: Exactly, and they've got three kids seventeen, fourteen, and seven. So yeah, that was pretty shocking at the top of this year for them to announce that. But it looks like they are both moving on in their own ways and are doing quite well. So Cash was seen for the second time holding hands with Hannahson Doer I will say is how it's pronounced having dinner in Los Angeles, so that a lot of sources are saying makes it official because they've been seen twice holding out. So I mean take that with a grain of salt. But you know, I think definitely, when you're a public figure and you're out there holding hands, getting you know, snapped by the paparazzi, it means that you're comfortable or you're cool with people.
Speaker 1: See Hopefully, it means that you've also talked to your kids, hope, and that they knew it was coming. I mean to think of the Mauricio of it all when he was snapped. Oh and yeah, right, that is the thing. I mean, all roads lead back to the kids, and that's you know, that's the part that it gets it gets really where it gets really sticky.
Speaker 2: What I would say about the most situation, which is a little different than this is these two Cash and Hannah. They're holding hands, they're smiling, and they're looking exactly like directly to the camera.
Speaker 1: They're not getting caught, so their kids are probably and you don't know how long they've been in the midst of separating and what the kid right of course exactly.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna toss it out there that they're probably feeling good about this relationship. It seems to be progressing, whatever it is. But also I kind of love that. You know. We've also seen paparazzi photos of Jessica Alba and Danny Ramirez, so they've been spotted kissing. We've actually seen pictures of them kissing, and you know, she seems to be happy. She was recently also like vacationing and like posting some really hot photos of herself in a bikini. So it seems like they're both doing their thing.
Speaker 1: Well listen, yeah, it does. I again, since they're from the eighties, I love it, and I'm there i'm their mother's age, but I probably am. But I would just tell them I would beg of them, don't rush, don't rush into the next thing, and and and all those cliches you know, I feel like there are cliches for a reason. You don't want your rebound to end up being your Oh, although I'm not saying it never works right, Maybe maybe that's what's going on here, But be very careful about rebound relationships, you guys. They are sticky. Your emotions are all over the place, especially when you are coming out of a marriage. And I'm not saying that maybe each maybe Jessica and Cash have now found true happiness with these other, you know, two people, but careful, careful, slowed it down. Danger warning ahead, danger ahead.
Speaker 2: Well let's end. Let's end on this other interesting headline that we're seeing, which is Katy Perry and former Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau are dating.
Speaker 1: And so at first when I read that, Heather, I thought it was Justin Threau. Just so, you know, so everything I have to I have to sort of this is all. This is so bizarre to me. I have to now Justin Threau would have made sense. Justin Trudeau. He's gorgeous, so whatever you want to say about him, man is handsome exactly. Obviously Katie is gorgeous as well. And but what I know, I can't I'm trying to like you explained that to me?
Speaker 2: How did that? How bizarre? So, I mean the headline says that they have plenty to talk about, but no current plans after date. So if anybody's been paying attention to the headlines, these two were spotted having dinner together and then two days later, Trudeau was spotted at Katy Perry's show in Montreal. So you know, Katie is fresh off of her broken engagement with Orlando Bloom, who she had a child with though they were never married. Obviously, if everybody can go back in their brains, they know that Katie was previously married to Russell Brand, so she definitely is in her Part two Part three era.
Speaker 1: These come on the pod for some reason, not if I'm I feel like maybe maybe if Jenny Garth or Amy and TJ.
Speaker 2: Listen always open to Katie coming on, if she would be interested in that, Yeah, Kati, you hear that.
Speaker 1: Justin.
Speaker 2: Trudeau, on the other hand, and and his wife Sophie, announced in August of twenty twenty three that they were separating after eighteen years of marriage and they have two children, so that's a really long relationship to have ended. And then obviously if you're following politics whatsoever. You know that he also stepped down as Prime Minister of Canada not too long ago. So he's definitely going through a big shift right now in terms of his not only work life, but his personal life. So, you know, I don't know. I will say that the pictures I saw of them on their date, I was like, uh, you know, attractive couple, and obviously.
Speaker 1: Oh they're dating. I don't even I will be.
Speaker 2: I will be totally honest. I have followed Katy Perry's romantic life probably more than I would care to admit, and I will say that I really don't get what her type is. I say that honestly.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, ready, don't cringe. She kissed a girl and she liked it. Ew ew, I'm so cringey. Oh my god, my kids would be so pissed. Don't listen. Rachel or Zach.
Speaker 2: Having a long term relationship with you know, John Mayer, being married to Russell Brand, you know, being with Orlando Bloom. I look at all these guys on paper, and I say, what's the connection? You know what I mean? Because it all seems so different. And so now he's getting into a politician like it's all go girl, Like jan.
Speaker 1: I don't know, this is again, this is just me starting trouble. But do you think that part of it is could be a rebrand for her?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: She got so much about her, you know, her astronaut escapades and maybe, yeah, I don't know, I'm just that I'm just making up you guys. I don't know if that's I can't imagine that Justin Trudeau would be interested in helping someone and rebrand themselves. But yeah, he's certainly a more serious guy.
Speaker 2: Listen, what I'm going to say is I think that Katie, I would say, probably has an affinity. If you look at all these guys on paper, I think the one factor that I'm seeing kind of combine across the thing is they're all really good engaging talkers. I think she likes a guy that is, whether that's gregarious or engaging in stimulating conversation, that would be.
Speaker 1: My guest interesting.
Speaker 2: And I would say that Justin Trudeau probably is able to have some very stimulating conversation.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm a betting girl. I'm betting on Justin to be able to carry a conversation exactly. But it's always like that look at j Loo. I mean, I don't know how you compare. There have been a lot of them, Alex rod Well, actually they're all maybe not her first husband was not so famous and successful. I don't remember, but certainly from you know, Ben Stiller to Alexdrigez too.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, sorry, you mean Ben Affleck, not Ben Stiller.
Speaker 1: Not doing this podcast anymore? I quit. No, I do not like how you're treating me. I'm sorry, I do not like it.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm not having it.
Speaker 2: I would have just loved Jen Fessler breaks headline, j Loo used to be with Ben Stiller.
Speaker 1: I didn't say Stiller. You did know what I thought this had been? Oh god, I said Stiller. Oh no, oh my god. I love it.
Speaker 3: Jen.
Speaker 2: It's early.
Speaker 1: Listen it. When you need an authority on anything, you should come to me. If you want to know about marriage, and really ask Jen Fssler. I think Bessler. Is that my last name?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think I was born in the eighties, so I have a lot of I have a lot of knowledge to impart.
Speaker 2: I love it. Whoa well, I will say whatever this little budding romance is connection, whatever it might be, I'm into it. Not that they need my stamp of approval. But I'm kind of into it. What about you?
Speaker 1: Into it too? Crazy Katie Perry fan, She's cute, talented. I'm not a stan, but I think this is I think it's a really interesting recoupling or coupling. Right. Yeah, yeah, I'm into it. I agree, follow it.
Speaker 2: I agree, We'll keep We'll keep you guys. Also posted on that one. If it ends up, you know, progressing to something.
Speaker 1: Yes, did you get the puppy or not?
Speaker 2: Soon? Soon?
Speaker 1: Very Heather's about to have her next chapter ye, because she is adopting a King Charles Cocker Spaniel puppy. I saw a picture, and my girl, everything's about to change.
Speaker 2: I'm about to be a dog mommy.
Speaker 1: You're about to be a dog mommy.
Speaker 2: It's about to get crazy. No, very very soon.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for you. But anyway, guys, so now that you're all updated on eighties News, we will thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: This has been fun, Jen, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Please let's do it again. Yeah, of course, I feel like we are the new Johnny Carson and McMahon, who you probably don't even know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That sounds like some eighties news.
Speaker 1: All Right, you guys, that was a lot of divorce headlines. If you are going through divorce or heartache right now, I hope this helped you to realize that you are not the only one going through it. Thank you Heather again for breaking it all down with me. Just get out of a messy divorce. Need help picking up pieces? Call us or email us. All of the info is in the show notes. Follow us on socials. Please make sure to rate and review the podcast. I Do Part two an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective.