Speaker 1: The John Annick and Kenny Florian Podcast. John Annick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 2: I fucking love him. I can't get enough of him.
Speaker 3: Big job there, Quatre.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of absolutely self involved.
Speaker 1: You are your hosts, John Annick and Kenny Florian.
Speaker 4: Hey, oh my gosh, you look like a little person.
Speaker 2: What is going on.
Speaker 4: To little people? Oh my gosh, I made I do wear aloe recovery shoes on TV to give you an extra couple of inches.
Speaker 5: What hey, guys, my seat by.
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 4: What it is?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 5: And my seat is lower? I don't know what. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm backing up a little bit. I mean I could bring my chair down a little. In my post audio only, you're probably wondering what exactly is going on? Countdown is on? Here are your hosts, John Anakin, Kenny Floorian two shot Anakin, Ken flow and Kenny looks like he's four eleven. I'm a full body taller than you. Oh my god, I got chat. You can go three wide and bring Jason Anakin now telling me to lower my chair. Thanks man, I'm glad to you. Oh I should lower my fucking chair.
Speaker 5: I'm glad we brought you.
Speaker 4: I love that you couldn't wait to bring me on. I appreciate the love well and we just foughted you as ken Flow. So we're off to a great start, kind of like us a boxing production. Did you hear Dana White go off the zoofa boxing production? But a little bit of a rocky start today. Great to have everybody with us. It is the twenty seven of the month of July. People say bug in July July twenty seven, It's a Monday. It's episode six oh five the Aniki Florent Podcast powered by All the Smoke Fight. Thank you for subscribing to the Antikid Florian podcast YouTube channel. Thanks for checking out Kenny Florian's individual channel as well, and we did just launch the Antigros YouTube channel as well, so thank you in advance for subscribing to that. So a lot to get into today. We all o UFC Fight Night Recap. I'm going to Serbia time permitting. I will also tell you how it went at the Max Holloway Foundation Inaugural golf Tournament. We also have some UFC three thirty stuff because the pound for pound King Islam Pakashev is going to grace the octagon here in a couple of weeks. And we do have a bunch of wood you rathers for Raymond Pete today we'll see what his relative appetite is for those but big weekend form ma Aga met Unclave among others in Abu Dhabi. To that end, let's get to headlines, headlines. It's time for headlines.
Speaker 1: I have some very urgent and important breaking new headlines on Kenny's contact.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll start with the Komin event. Of course we will. Kenny Florian put his entire one thousand dollars stack on Ramazan Tamirov. And that's the type of guy. You know, you just you don't wear a shirt if you look like that. And what a powerful flyweight, What a statement made against the former world title challenger Kenny. The knockout comes at four to twenty one of round one, and Ursag was game. I thought maybe he's sort of towards the end of the fight, he's sort of thinking maybe were trying to turn this into a fight of the night and sort of let you know, caution to the wind. Whatever it is, but huge win for Tamirov and you show it coming every step of the way.
Speaker 3: That's why I'm sitting so low. This is an honor to Mirov with the big win, I wanted to show. Yeah, you know, listen he I thought it was a bad matchup for Ers, just because he has a tendency of keeping that chin a little high and tim aro Off throws some serious overhand bombs all the time, and not to mention the spinning attacks that he just absolutely loves as well.
Speaker 5: And I didn't think Erseg was gonna be able to take him down.
Speaker 3: That's where I thought Erg was gonna have the huge advantages with his takedowns if he was able to get on top uh timyro Off, just with his size, his strength, his ability to stop takedowns, I thought that was gonna be tough to pull off.
Speaker 5: And I thought it was gonna be a stand up fight because of that.
Speaker 3: And boy did he get off to a great start, hurt ersg early and took him out man so ruffs. You know, it's crazy how you see people in the UFC get off to a great start and then all of a sudden, you know, maybe people have high expectations for them because of their early success.
Speaker 5: They give him tough fight after tough fight, and now that he's kind of on this, you know, tough streak right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two year championship setback for Steave Versegas. Some might say, Jay, it was pretty close on paper, Like if I was in Ken Flow's shoes looking at the whole card, I don't think there's any way I would have put my whole one thousand dollars on Ta Mirov. But uh, I don't know if it's a test testicles on the table situation. What it is that it was pretty close on paper, right, Yeah, he.
Speaker 5: Was minus one oh five.
Speaker 4: T Mirov ersa come back of minus one fifteen. But I said when Kenny made the pick last week that when Kenny's bullish and puts a big chunk of his money on something, I should be driving to Coconut Creek Casino to place the bet. And you know, I was watching the fights at this homophyte watch party. Shout out Ty to I. Vasa was there, good friends was there, which was fun to meet him for the first time. But Matty Betts and everybody there's on URSIG, all this URSAG action, and I'm like, did anybody check out the Anakin Floring podcast and I'm sitting there rooting for Ken Flow, but no, you absolutely nailed it. And gosh, for a guy like Steve ursag right, you get to that championship opportunity. I believe he was ranked thirteenth in the Metal UFC rankings. Well, gosh, is this guy gonna be unranked? But with the utmost respect to Erseg, I don't look at him as even a contender anymore given what this division looks like and Tamirov is all the rage and you do find that in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the power on some of these dudes when you have power, that fight ending power. If I could have one skill, that would be it, Kenny. It is interesting in terms of the Ersig fall from Grace. I thought he beat Pantosia even the way that round five went at the time calling the fight, and not a lot of people agree with me. And yeah, when I went back, maybe I thought Pantosia won, but he was so close to winning the world title. And what do you do now, I mean, what would you say to Steve if he slid into your DMS and was like, hey man, any advice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, well, he's gonna have to take some time off for sure. Again, that is a fight where he obviously took a lot of damage, you know, maybe not a lot of damage, but some significant damage to the point where he was concussed. And I think he needs to take time off to physically recover. But I think he needs a total striking overhaul in regards to how he holds his hands, how he keeps his chin defensively, and then kind of organize a more disciplined defensive style and then kind of put his offensive weapons back in.
Speaker 5: So I do think that an overhaul is needed. And it is so tough to have success in the UFC is a blessing and a curse, and if your skills aren't truly up to party.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be in trouble because it's easy to well not easy to have a great night, but to have a great night and be like, oh wow, this guy's the truth and then all of a.
Speaker 5: Sudden, maybe that was just a good night.
Speaker 4: So it's just tough. Yeah, that too, right, bad night, good night.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, t Mirov's the real deal. And I think we can all sort of agree on that. I know this wasn't a long fight, but we've been hearing about how good this guy was since his UFC debut, and yeah Jay in terms of herse right, and we will get Tobaga Bannaklave here shortly. But even for Tamirov, it's just the depth of this division is very challenging. Right now. You have a champion and Joshua Van every time I see him, I just saw him in a hotel gym within the last six weeks or so. Uh, he's trying to see if I can get him a file, right, So who is trying to fight all the time, but just a well at the top and now Tamiro this is in that makes it is not well. We talked about how Ersag looked great against Tim Elliott, but was he really feared? Was that power coming back? Fight ending power?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I wasn't paying too much of it when I thought Ersen looked great against Tim Elliott, I wasn't really paying attention to his defensive. You know. It wasn't like he was too worried about what was coming back, which I think let him be a little more free there. But gosh, I mean, this division a division that almost was not that almost went away. U. These are my favorite fights Brandon Royvall when he was cutting weight, I think for an LFA interim title fight at flyweight against like Casey Kenny, he learned that the UFC was getting rid of the flyweight division. Wow, you know and think about that untruth and now obviously everything that roy Vaal and others have done at one hundred and twenty five pounds power for powe one of the best divisions in the UFC. Congratulations to Ramazan tamirav so Uh. I'm a fan of magam Man ankoliav. Ken Flow. He wins the main event, he gets a finish here Mark Goddard sort of mercifully taking bogged on Guskov or Gustkov. I mean, the file and the broadcast I don't think are necessarily a line. But what did you make of Ankolia's performance? I mean, the fight didn't do much for me. I'm not sure it does much for anklive. But he's still a tough flight light heavyweight contender.
Speaker 3: The thing that makes him such a good fighter is also the thing that maybe prevents him from being a star in the UFC.
Speaker 5: What are those qualities? I think it's disciplined, it's consistency.
Speaker 3: This isn't a guy that's going to just, you know, throw caution to the wind and start throwing bombs out of nowhere and create.
Speaker 5: All this chaos.
Speaker 3: In the case, everything he does is deliberate, is intelligent. He doesn't take a whole lot of risk, and that's why we see this level of consistency. But it's also because it's also why people don't really get behind him and get excited about Uncle Lijah fights.
Speaker 4: But is he elite?
Speaker 3: You better believe it? And does he deserve the next shot? I think from a skilled perspective, absolutely as well.
Speaker 5: Will he get it? I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Chad love to get your thoughts on the main event, Cody. If you could populate the light heavyweight rankings, it's a very interesting division right now. If I was a matchmaker, I don't know if I can say this, but I might be inclined to give Paolo Costa the championship opportunity to be based on his Why you laughing at it? No, I laugh because I get it. Okay, So Carlos Alberg is the undisputed champion. He's gonna get back there as soon as possible. I would imagine it'll be a pretty expeditious ACL recovery for him. Cody just wrote, I'm gonna give you the media rankings because the meta ones are cracked. I actually prefer the meta ones. And I was actually going to say off the top of the show that heretofore on the Anticiplorian podcast, we will go by the meta rankings. So Cody and I disagree. I don't much care actually which rankings you populate here. But Magab and Anklav could get a title fight against Carlos Alberg. But when you look back at past history with Unclave and the draw with Yoan Beohovich in twenty twenty two, Kenny, I'm not so sure that this is somebody whose championship path is going to be expedited despite the lofty rank.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you hear say, Jake?
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, if I'm Bob Whitaker watching that thing, I'm like, all right, Joe Rogan might think I got a little gut, but I don't even care even And even when I think about Jamal Hill, it's like, mal Hill, why don't you get what are you doing? Man? Like? This division is sort of there for the taking. And as I watch the main event, I'm wondering at what point Dana White may have shut it off, you know, you know, because it just it became almost unwatchable very early on, you know.
Speaker 5: And I say that with respect.
Speaker 4: I think maybe Uncle La have a little gun shy after that minute in twenty seconds, I believe roughly would happened last time out with Poeton. I have great respect for UNCLIAV. But ultimately, Kenny, I think you nailed it in terms of the risk, but wasn't a super entertaining fight. Certainly he has all the skills, but Jux supposed to the flyweight division we're talking about, this light heavyweight division feels like it really is there for the taking. And that's why when I laughed when you said Paula Costa, I'd love to see him. And you do see a lot on X and other platforms people talking about sort of fighting for entertainment versus fighting for the merits and fighting for a victory, so to speak. And I'm I couldn't something about Robert Whitaker as I sit there watching, because I you know, even though that's a big jump from eighty five to two oh five, I'd love to see Whittaker against some of these high level contenders. All right, I'm on the website right now, and one thing, John As, I'm watching that fight the whole time, IM like, where's Colo raunchi junr because that would have made it worth watching. He was at a wedding. Yeah, but he was supposed to lie and that's fine.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: No, that's a great point. That's a great point. Your point is well taken. So I'm on the website right now looking at the meta UFC rankings, which I absolutely love. Yobohovich is one of my favorite fighters. We will get to him later in the main event challenge. He is one of the victims, if you want to use that word, of the meta UFC rankings, right, But I absolutely love these things, and I hope that these are what we adopt. But yeah, Poeton number one, I'd imagine his futures at heavyweight. Ankalive is right there, the number two rank contender. Let's go for that. I mean, every time Uri Prohaska fights, essentially it's for the title. He's three, yeah, and Palo Costa's four, Jamal Hill five, He's moving up to heavyweight. On and on it goes. We'll get to Dustin Jacoby's frightful weekend in a little bit. But yeah, I mean, Bob Whitaker, You're right body fat percentage as it's were Kenny if you like though, Yeah, well right that no? Yeah, so nor will he face Navajos Sterling. This all sort of ties into this weekend. That dude's an absolute monster.
Speaker 5: So all right, who do you.
Speaker 4: Think will be next for Carlos Oberkenvil?
Speaker 5: Hey, you know I would go with paul A Costa.
Speaker 4: I I the Rube.
Speaker 3: I think you're spot on with that, because this is exactly what the division needs.
Speaker 5: They need a name, they need excitement. I don't care about this division. I really don't. I want to, but I don't, And I need someone like a Paulo.
Speaker 3: Costa who looks the part, who plays the part, who is hilarious on social media, but when he fights, he goes out there and looks for the knockout and everything he throws looks like spectacular like, so he's a tremendous athlete. He knows how to excite the crowd, and when he's on his game boy, he is going to be tough to beat.
Speaker 5: So I think I think he can he can steal that spot.
Speaker 3: You know, yes, I think Akaliv probably deserves it based on what he has done. But we know that this is a business in the UFC is looking for guys that are going to go out there and put on a show, and Costa is that guy.
Speaker 4: In that Australian New Zealand region.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: I don't know what Carlos Alberg's maximum reaches versus say a Navajo Sterling were he to eventually emerge, you know that that market is absolutely budding. Were one of those guys to become champion?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: What did the internal metrics say about a USC return to Brazil if Plo Costa were to fight for the light heavyweight championship or be the light heavyweight champion?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: I don't really know those answers at this point in time. On merit Maga met Unclaiah very much deserves the title fight and plausibly would be favored to be Carlos Albert. You know, I mean, I don't know what Amzachimaia's doing. You know, if he has visions of two oh five? Can you want to jump in here on something?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just thinking about like who's going to bring the fight to Alberg? Uncle Ive isn't going to bring the fight to Albert Costa. Will Costa, you know, always going to get in his face and probably bring out the best in oberg as a result. So I don't know, I just see that's the way that that's the Yeah. No, I mean if the Poton decides to just return, But I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, you know, And I just want to say about Polo Costa, right, He's just been so much more active over the last few years.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: He beat rock Hold in August of twenty twenty two and then didn't fight again until February of twenty twenty four, but twice in twenty twenty four, Kappola back in July twenty twenty five, fought again in April. And I think a healthy Polo Costa and an active Palo Costa, that to me is a very dangerous Polo Coasta and Olberg Costa. We talk about not being interested in this division, Kenny, and you say you don't care about it. That fight jumps off the page to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, I think the only thing and I don't know if I have my information correct, John, you may know this Costa may have one fight left on his contract.
Speaker 5: I think there's something going on.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if that's that prohibit Yeah, I mean, I don't know if that's prohibiting him.
Speaker 5: And you know they're afraid that he's gonna hold the division hostage if you win.
Speaker 4: But either way, it's like sign that dude, keep them all the roster and have him go for that two hundred and five pound belt. I did want to give a shout out to the silver back, Thad Jean as it pronounced Gene Kenny. Yes, yeah, get huge win for him obviously, but there's nowhere for Palo Costa to go. I mean, let's be honest. You know, it's the UFC, and he's put himself in position to fight for the title, and as Yanni the Greek says, he always fights for your money. And I think he has a great chance to win the world championship if he gets a chance against Olberg. I hope people will put some respect on the name Carlos Olberg and think about some of these injuries to Pantosia and McGregor and Olberg, and look what Carlos Alberg was able to do in fighting through that and winning the title. And yeah, we'll see, we'll see what they do with an Calia, but he took care of business at the very least.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 4: Sorry to interrupt you, John, but flow Walter Walker was at the second calf slicer in UFC history, I believe. Did you catch that flow? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I did, I did.
Speaker 3: This dude is a leg lock me she and to see him do it. And the heavyweight division, I don't know, it's hilarious, I guess, but the dude just knows how to get a hold of that limit and finish you. And uh, he's been fun to watch man, It's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there were four four in UFC history. Brett John's Charles Olivera. Okay, remember Charles Olivera. But yeah, this Walter Walker is really interesting. Uh. And Cody, if I could ask you to populate the heavyweight rankings since Jay just brought up Walter Walker. It's a good time for the heavyweight division. You know, did you see risvon Kuoniev? You know, like these guys are good. I know it's easy to crack on the UFC's heavyweight division, and I don't know if it's thirty deep in terms of total bodies on the roster, but big weekend Forkoniev. Right, you've had a lot of emerging talents in the division. You got Alexander Rockitt moving up to heavyweight this weekend. It's yes, hok it. Steveson's not even in the top fifteen. I don't believe right now. So all right. So in terms of Walter Walker, since Jay brought him up, yes, he's entrenched in the top fifteen, as is risbon Kunief. So yeah, so all right. If I'm a heavyweight, Kenny, shout out to Ryan Hall and all the leglock specials out there. I'm not going near Valter Walker. I would rather fight John Jones for no title and less money.
Speaker 3: Again, it's one of those things where it's like you may even win, but you may not be able to fight for like another twelve months because he's gonna tear your acl apart, you know, or do something to your knee. So there's a huge risk in facing these leg lockers. And yeah, it's it's also when you get a guy with that level of skill, it's such an unusual skill to find another heavyweight who can put you in leg logs in that kind of position like.
Speaker 5: Good luck Man. So he really is an anomaly and someone to fear in that division for sure, who wants.
Speaker 4: A leg lock camp. I'd rather have to fight I'm sorry, Ivloyev and do a training dude on a fucking leg lock camp.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Let me put my and compromise positions repeatedly for you know, two months and see what happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shout out Thomas Peterson, Kenny, can you talk us through this was a little bit of a unique one. It wasn't necessarily your traditional calf slicer. I don't know if you saw it right. Can you talk us through that a little bit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, for sure.
Speaker 3: So it's one of those where the pressure can come on and off typically like the one that Charles Olivera put on.
Speaker 5: I forget who he caught and that was it, Eric, let me look it up.
Speaker 3: Either way, Charles oliver had him in a position where it was almost like Olivera's back was on the canvas and he had the other guy, you know, chest to back, so he's pulling him down towards the canvas to create that pressure.
Speaker 5: That's the worst kind of calf slicer.
Speaker 3: But the way Vulker did it, it was almost like he was in that turtle position where he's about to take the back but he has the calf slicer in such a way that if he leans on him, if he puts his weight forward, so his belly would be facing down towards the canvas, that creates the pressure. And it almost looked like he was about to kind of get away a little bit, but the way that he placed it, he couldn't turn left, he couldn't turn right, and then Walker kind of just leaned on him put his weight down, and that's where that pressure was created.
Speaker 5: And it creates this pressure like your knee is going to explode. It's very unique amongst the knee submissions. It doesn't feel like if there's a twisting motion or it's like your kneecap is going to hyper extend. It literally feels like your knee is going to explode.
Speaker 3: It's that kind of pressure, and Walker is just an absolute master when it comes to attacking the legs.
Speaker 5: It was pretty to watch.
Speaker 4: Nicely explained and has there been a less appropriate nickname in the history of the world than Gentle Art for Brazilian jiu jitsu. It's like calling an ugly guy a lady killer. Honestly, all these chokes and arm snaps and slicer right it's just absolutely silly. How did Brazilian just to get the nickname of the gentle art because you like softly put your foe to sleep?
Speaker 2: Is that it? What is it?
Speaker 5: Seriously, it's tongue in cheek, right, I think at this point. But it's supposed to be done in.
Speaker 3: An elegant or fluid manner, so in that regards like you're using someone's momentum against them in a lot of ways. So it's this fluid kind of beautiful art. But at the same time, don't make no mistake about it, it is absolutely violent. You are trying to break limbs, so you know, I don't know if the fluidity and beauty really gets translated into that regard when it comes to breaking limbs. But the application of it is supposed to be smooth and gentle, but the finishing part of it is is nothing like being gentle.
Speaker 4: John, I just have to say one thing right about the main event. If you don't mind going back to the main event. You know, I don't like touching gloves in between rounds, and when it becomes when the glove touches get warmer and warmer and warmer, and then it's a big fucking hug out of four rounds after we're already bored. It's like, it's one thing to hug if you know your Max Holloway, Calvin Cater, you know, in a situation like that, But seeing those guys hugging Goose coffee, the big grin on his face, you had nothing for Uncliah, I just there's no abandon and like seeing these hugs. I mean, I just would have loved to hear what Dana White had to say about that twenty five minutes.
Speaker 3: I agree, and it kind of it starts to mimic a sparring session, like a friendly sparring session in the gym, and you're like, I want to see a fight. I don't want to see these guys play spar Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no. I think that's an important point and I think it probably uh dovetails with the opinion of a lot of MMA fans. Thanks to everybody joining us live on a Monday for the Anacamploring podcast these six hundred and fifth editions. So there's a lot of different directions in which we can go on this fight card. Magamed Zina over this Polish fighter whose name I can't pronounce by unanimous decision. I thought this was a real standout performance. Can flow. This kid is an absolute beast. Joe Rogan text in the group this morning, right, the elbows and everything else, long range weapons, confidence conditioning, just a tremendous performance. Dude.
Speaker 5: His timing was just nasty. And I love seeing the full arsenal of striking.
Speaker 3: You know, it's always cool to see a guy who's you know, excellent at boxing or a great leg kicker, or a good at knees or a clinch. Like when you see the full gamut, you're like, Okay, this guy, he's comfortable everywhere.
Speaker 5: There's nothing that he's afraid to throw.
Speaker 3: He clearly has been doing this a long time, and it sends a message to anybody out there. It's like, you need a full prep camp for this guy. There isn't just one thing you need to worry about. So yeah, I was really impressed, and I love obviously I love elbows, but like I want to see more of them. There's very few elbow specialists left in the UFC, and to see someone who like that comfortable throwing it, who's nasty with it was was really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, unbelievable what they call him Chenko. He looks like it looks just like islamahajas a little Umar mixed in, but mostly looks like Islam Hasha. Yeah, but just unbelievable. Flow. There was some comparisons to your elbows online as well, which is very but you're right, man, it's such a you know, and I remember Flow talking about elbows back in the day, how you almost release it when you throw it right to get the right and I was just masterful. Yeah, can Flow trying to split you open? Yeah? No elbow shout out to Duke Rufus and Paul Felder and Ken Flow A lost at to be sure? Uh, Jay, real quick before we let you go. Did you happen to see Dustin Jacoby on the wrong end of that knockout that light heavyweight? Mohammed SAYI dab. I mean it was like me and Ken Flow beginning of the show. In terms of the size. I can't believe any light heavyweight could make dust and Jacoby look that small. It was unbelievable, you know, And Highness who's who I was watching the fight with, good friends with Dustin Jacoby. I was tough to watch and I've gotten to know Dustin Jacoby a little bit the chin on fucking Dustin Jacob, Like, I do not know how he didn't go out and apparently must he's checking to see if he had a broken arm early in that fight. I mean the toughness on DJ. I kept thinking he's gonna be playing golf the next day if he didn't have the broken arm. But no, you and you see these fighters make their debuts. What's interesting, John is he changed his name from said to sayid off like that day. If I'm not mistaken, right, I like betting on the guys with the OV but anyway, but just unbelievable. And Dustin Jacobe's no Slouch's on a little bit of a winning streak, you know so, but uh no, super impressed.
Speaker 2: I'd love to.
Speaker 3: See the stats on that, like oh, like fighters names with the OV like percentages.
Speaker 5: It's probably surprisingly high.
Speaker 3: No. By the way, we forgot to talk about this, and this is this is absolutely disgusting, guys, because when you see fighter warming up in the back right and they're on these nasty mats that you've had like thirty fighters and coaches step on barefoot or with their shoes, and you see Chanco throw a front kick to a dude's face and it went inside his mouth.
Speaker 6: Like at this point, it's just like I'm tapping out, dude. I just hate a dude's foot, like your toad, your toe cheese was hitting my mouth. I'm good, dog got here, said boy uh Jay, Thanks buddy. Go see if there are any fighters last name ov competing this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I will and.
Speaker 4: Safe travels to Serbia and I want to shout out my guy on the second prelim Milo. Yeah for dirt dirty boxing a couple of times really talented mixed martial artists and and I'll say real quick, he just fucked Cowboy Olivera in a main event at the end of last year before he made his return to dirty boxing. But one thing was really interesting that Yan said as he was trying to get to the UFC is that he just can't afford to lose, right, There's so much pressure on these guys that are trying to get to the to the big show. You're appearing in dirty boxing, and anybody can get caught. So when these guys are trying to make it to the UFC, there's a really so much pressure. He's like nineteen and three in MMA or now twenty and three. But yes, it's just you cannot afford to lose Milo. Yes, and real quick, where do you get your fight card?
Speaker 2: Jay? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Well, you just said he was on the second fight of the prelim, So I'm curious where you get your fight card the internet like www dot something? I don't know man from Well, I have good news for you. On the third draft of UFC Fight Night medic v Rodriguez, Milo is kicking off the main Oh no, and you know what I know, And I'm not surprised at all. He has an enormous following on Instagram. He you know, Montenegro, which is obviously was part of Serbia years ago, but he is. He is a massive following. Doesn't surprise me at all.
Speaker 2: The buildings. That's great fucking news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's go Cobra. I love it all right, enjoy the rest of your day at Boston. And you can see some of his content on the YouTube channel. So you know how baseball players get super particular about their gear, Well, the glove has to feel right, the bat has to feel right. Once you find something you love, becomes part of your everyday lineup. And that's why I'm so upset that I left my GLD chain in a hotel room in Las Vegas. I just got the forty percent off on GLD right now courtesy of the Anticonmploring podcast. The new one is on the way, But GLD makes the kind of pieces that do become part of your everyday lineup. I feel naked without it. Not something you wear once in a while, clean quality jewelry that instantly upgrades your fit the second you throw it on. Once you add this GLG chain to your rotation, I'm telling you, it's game over. And it's not the cheap stuff. Obviously. GLD uses real gold. Every stone is handset, and the quality is on a completely different level. You can see it immediately and you can definitely feel it when you put it on. Also, if you are a baseball fan. We mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. One of the coolest parts of their lineup the officially licensed MLB collection pendants, chains, bracelets, even shoelace charms featuring official team logos. GLD has over two million customers, more than fifty thousand five star reviews, and has been warned by names like Justin Bieber Malik, Neighbors Micah Parsons, and so many more. Best part, every single piece guaranteed for life. So if you're trying to level up your style this summer, or you just want a clean way to wrap your team this season, GLD is the move. So level up your lineup with g l D for a limited time only. New customers getting this insane deal use code a f pot af pot to get forty percent off at GLD dot com. That's forty percent off with code af pod at g LD dot com. After you by, they will ask you where you heard about them. Please support our show and tell them. The Anak and Florian Podcast Sensha. You know who needs a chain like an Aljamain Sterling style chain. It's Raymond p Let's get to the Ray long goment.
Speaker 1: It's now time for a Ray Long Minute.
Speaker 4: Holes fucking s the Ray.
Speaker 1: Long Minute Ray The John Nik and Kenny Florian Podcast.
Speaker 2: Holy crap.
Speaker 4: Yes, there is a feeling were doing good. If you do google Ray Longo gold chain, you will see Ray wearing Aljamain Sterling's chain at a ceremonial weigh in. And you are wearing some gold this morning?
Speaker 2: Are you not a little white gold? Yeah?
Speaker 4: A little white gold. Yeah, not platinum. Oh that's too bad. Huh ha, just kidding. My my wedding ring was platinum. It's a little heavier than white gold.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I always used to hashtag on Mike Perry's posts, like hashtag not white gold.
Speaker 2: So he's in a rare form already.
Speaker 4: Ken wowing to what extent did you miss me last week? Raymond Pete?
Speaker 2: I know, tremendously, really tremendously then, and I love your brother, but tremendously.
Speaker 4: Well. It's great to see you know. We were talking earlier about the the merit of promotionally for the UFC having Maga beat Uncla fight Carlos Alberg for the light heavyweight title or giving Paolo Costa the shot based upon his recent win. And I don't even know if I should be suggestive that it's a two horse race. We do have a big light heavyweight comain event coming up this weekend, and I suppose something crazy could happen there. But what are your thoughts on Anklave's win and how it positions him in sort of a tricky two hundred and five pound mix.
Speaker 2: Look, I tell you I watched the fight the Jim so I don't really wasn't studying the fight because at the time the fight's wrong, but a life's good. He's the guy that you know deserves the shot, and that's about it. He's squared away everywhere. Not the most exciting guy, but he'll get the job done, I think. And is that the question whether he here? Me so to that whole division is not looking too exciting, so they got to do something. Costa would be refreshing if he could get in there frequently. I think he'll brings a lot of eye wolves to the division. At least.
Speaker 4: It's interesting that you guys are sort of down on this division, and I guess I understand in terms of name recognition, and I don't know, I really like the champion. I don't know how many needles he moves, but I guess Ray the question is like, if it was if it was your decision, right, if this was the Ray Longo Fighting Championships, who you're giving the shot to Anklive? You're probably given the shot to Palo Costa.
Speaker 2: Ooh uh.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: For on a meritocracy, I'm giving it to Anklive. Yeah, you know, if we're looking to put ashes in the seats and do that I'm giving it to Costa.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can you imagine a world in which Palo Costa light heavyweight champion just going off in any number of different ways and it's not at all out of the rama possibilities. So anything else you wanted to talk about when it comes to this UFC fight night, I would like to get into some Philadelphia stuff in a little bit. But you see Steve R. Segg on the wrong side of that knockout Robinson tell.
Speaker 2: You that that was uh, yeah, that was Uh. That kid looks good. He looks like a mini oh Man who was the little twenty five pounds that he used to from like Brazilian guy uh that used to throw litig He looked like a like a better form of a Linoic, a little more squared away, but he's throwing.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know the problem that I had with that day, I think that kid came off of suspension for steroids. Uh didn't he have a pe D suspension?
Speaker 4: I'll look it up.
Speaker 2: I just think they rewarded him with a good fight that Uh. You know, we were talking to a couple of guys in the gym talking about that that the kid got gifted a nice fight, even after coming off of suspension, which kind of sucks.
Speaker 4: But month suspension after testing positive for tremtazdine TMZ.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: Twelve months?
Speaker 4: It's a cardiac medication clausified as a hormone and metaballing modulator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm just down. I'm down on the cheetas at this point.
Speaker 4: It was tested out of competition samples June twelfth and July fourth, twenty twenty five in Thailand.
Speaker 3: So ray, you know, the guys asked me what they thought you should do with someone like Ersa coming off a loss like that, you know obviously had early success, did great against Pantosia in that championship fight, and it's like after that, you're not getting easy fights if you're shore.
Speaker 4: Right right fight at that level, what do you do with the guy like Ersak?
Speaker 5: If that's your guy, what do you tell him?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 5: How do you prepare moving forward?
Speaker 2: Man? I tell you, Kenny, that's a come on man, that's a really really tough question because he has had ups and downs, and you're right, once you hit that point, like fighting for the championship, you're not getting an easy fight, and that would be the way to bring him back. Get him a couple two or three fights to get his confidence back and let him get in there and do his thing. But you're not getting that chance. And now you gotta go the other way. Now you're get knocked out. You gotta you know, who knows if his chin's gonna hold up and all of that stuff. It's the way to do it would have been to give him good fights that he could win to build his confidence back up. But you're not going to get that opportunity. So you try to do that in the gym and try to square it as way as much as possible. I mean, that's that's it, you know. And again and again, like from the outside looking in, we saw that great fight with Pantosian, and you gotta it. That's that's tough, man, that's a that's a really tough goal.
Speaker 4: The fight game is just brutal. Right, I think I'm a fighter coming off a loss, and I'll sort of set up his predicament, right, And even if you look at what Cory Sandhagen, I don't know if you saw it on Instagram over the weekend, just sort of talks about the gravity of this loss as a professional mixed martial arts athlete, you know, as he tries to rebuild this thing. And uh, it's just hard.
Speaker 5: I'd say fighting in the sport is extremely difficult.
Speaker 3: Fighting in the uf SEE is insanely difficult because you know, it's the level is just insane, and there's wave after wave of fighters who are coming in, uh, looking to replace you. And if you're not on top of your game, if you're not getting better, if you're not one hundred percent healthy, if you are on a bad streak, there's someone knocking on that door to take you out.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: And it's it is a wild, wild thing to be fighting at the highest levels man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and and and you got to remember, Kenny, they control and who you're fighting. They're not giving you any breaks either, so they almost go the other way. You know. It's like they're gonna they're gonna fish out.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, yeah, one day you're on top of the world, next day you don't. You're not even in the UFC. It's it's it's it's nerve racking for the fighters. And uh, it's it's tough, so you don't you don't get the opportunities like other sports have to get you back in there. I don't think and I think that's the problem, and it's that's a rough call, so you know, and you know what happens now, and then he starts thinking he's got to go to another gym and you know, this guy can help me, and it just gets worse and worse. I think, depending on which way you're gonna go. So, uh, definitely a good fighter, but he's I don't know, take some time off and really, uh, try to put as many good people around you as possible. That's yeah's you know.
Speaker 4: So I think it was sportscaster Dan Patrick who said, maybe of Michael Jordan, you can't stop him. You can only hope to contain him. And there are other I think trite phrases in sports. You know, you know what's coming, but you can't stop it. And I wanted to ask you about Walter Walker, this heavyweight who just take people's limbs home, just keep me up at night. I'm not even fighting him.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's booking with those leg locks. Look, he's got to get it. Looks like he's got a crazy personality. They got to move that guy up a little bit.
Speaker 4: I agree, I agree, man, event just got to get someone else that'sign on the dotted line and understand that they might need a c L surgery that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what's funny, Kenny, I'm not feeling. Uh who was that Brazilian leg locked guy that back in the day. Yeah, I mean that guy he was. He was nasty though, like he looked like this guy looks like he's not nasty. He's just getting you. But Paul Harris I think had that Like people didn't want to fight him that because John just said, like just get your ra cl doctor ready. Yeah, you're right. But Paul Harris I thought had a different field. It was something he would never listen to the referee.
Speaker 5: Referee be trying to yeah right, like no, it's not broken yet.
Speaker 4: I I don't have it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe that's maybe that's what I'm feeling. He just didn't get it. There was something awful, dude, Like the look in his eye like there was a it was a disconnect. This guy's at least laughing and he's run a little different.
Speaker 4: I think that's fair.
Speaker 2: You look in his eyes. That's just something.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I called and Kenny did a ton of his UFC fights. Who's are tots and being there when he doesn't let go is absolutely frightening. No, but Ray, regardless of that, Yeah, this Walter Walker, right, this is really interesting to see, right, Like, how does he match up with somebody like Josh hokit, you know what I mean, whom they will keep far away from a guy who you know needs the orthopedic surgeon on standby. I mean, this is a real thing. And the thing is that you know, as Kenny can attest and I'm sure you can too, if you have somebody who doesn't tap quickly, caution, flammable, it doesn't matter if you're who's right right right?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'll tell you what. They're not lining up to fight him for sure.
Speaker 4: No, I'd rather, yeah, rather get knocked out than have somebody ripping my leg the fuck apart a wake up and go eat a cheeseburger instead of in a wheelchair. I mean, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: And you could see that guy kind of prepared, you know, he was rolling with him, Yeah, Schlicer, he stuck up that time, and it's like, yeah, you could see the disgust, just a disgust in his face, like you gotta be fucking I was doing a good Joey he got me with this. It just I don't know, this seems to be a little more humorous than pul Harriston. But yeah, they gotta, they gotta, they gotta move him up now and see, I hope hopefully all these fights he's been working his stand up because at some point he's gonna We're gonna test that out and see where he is.
Speaker 4: But so I spent a lot of time preparing for the Ray Longo minute because I want to it's Gray, Well, I want to ask you thoughtful questions because the conversation began and you not that you iced me nor stonewalled me, but you were like, what exactly is the question about Anclive? And I had a follow ups, right, but then I bring up no, no, no, no, no, no no no done so, but then I bring up Walter Walker and you light up like a funny you know what I mean? So I think I just have to maybe not always start with uh, you know, the main event. And we did lead with Tamirov today for the record, but no, I just want to make sure I'm.
Speaker 2: Asking you is but Walker is? He gives you there's something to bite into with him, you know what I mean? There's the other guys. Do you think a steady eddie? You know, he's good. He's squared away everywhere, but nobody's lining up to watch the guy fight. That's what I was saying with like Paulo Costa, They're gonna watch him because he brings his sense of humor to it. You know, he's a heavy hitter when he's when he's on point, and uh, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Ray, imagine trying to find like, think about all the heavyweights in your gym first of all, and then trying.
Speaker 5: To find any leg lockers.
Speaker 2: In here, anybody any like, Oh yeah, that's another good luck.
Speaker 5: He has that skill set of the head like.
Speaker 2: You're right though, man, he's he's almosts and some of the lightweight guys that were really good leg locks, Yeah, he's got that. That's crazy, man, He's making them work. What was he got five in a row, six in a row, something like that. I mean that that record is never gonna be broken. I don't think unless they get a muzamechi and then he could do something.
Speaker 5: You know, here's the size of Walker's leg.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I want to ask you about UFC three thirty if I could, and then I'm gonna hop on camera because my charger came unplugged. But Islami Kashev and Ian Mashado Gary that is the next championship fight. I'm actually going to Serbia tomorrow. Ray by the way, oh well yo goo yeah, wheels up, baby, wheels up, Udo schm fucking doctor and d Rod. Somebody asked on my ask me anything over under a pound of weed. Dero tries to smuggle and so yeah, oh he won't, he won't. So Ian Mashado Gary is taking on Islami Kasha, and I don't know what the most thowtful question is. I'm curious if you were training Ian Mashado Gary for this exercise, what are you focused on in training camp knowing you're fighting a guy that is just so well versed at everything, and what are your thoughts about Ian's chances?
Speaker 2: Look, I just well, first off, I mean, obviously you got to get the wrestling square away, which is easy to do because the guy's at a super high level. But there is a big size discrepancy ken you know what I mean, Like there is he is long and lanky. I think he's awkward, you know, he's not like the most technically sound and I think that actually is going to give Islam trouble, you know, because I think he's just a little quirky with everything, and he's got the size I think to give this guy trouble. He's big. Ian Gary's a big kid. This is a big one, seventy pounded. So I'm really curious to see how it plays out. But Islam is so away every way, and he's dedicated, you know, is puts the time in with training and all that stuff. So I think it's a great matchup. I think it's a really really good matchup.
Speaker 4: Kenny. Size matters in all fights, I think in all equations, maybe in some matchups more than others. I think it's certainly mattered in Geichie versus Topoitia. And by the way, having just been with geiche at Max Holloway Foundation, just again just bone density, bro, Like he hurt my right thumb just shaking my hand, you know. Like he's just a big fucking maniac that has five inches on Topoitia. What do you make of Maschado Gary's size and how he might be able to leverage it against the former lightweight champ.
Speaker 3: I think that's a factor. There's no question about it. Not only is he six foot three, he knows how to use it. He fights long, he throws a lot of kicks down the middle, kicks upstairs, and the jab is probably the best striking weapon that he has. So I think for Islam mahas chief, it's all about getting in on those left are getting to the body in some way, shape or form. And that's also a blessing and a curse in that, you know, against taller fighters, level changes are also easier to hit. Now you gotta be careful when these down the middle and things like that on those level changes.
Speaker 5: But it is a factor.
Speaker 3: How he closes the distance, how how small he can make the cage is going to be very important for him. I do think though, once he's able to get Ian Gary on the ground, you know, I don't think it's gonna happen round one. If he does, it's possible, but I think it's gonna he's gonna have to break him down bit by bit, and then as Ian Gary starts to get frustrated, and you know, the mistakes start to happen. That's where I think Islam Hashif can capitalize on the ground with the submission. But it's gonna say take some time. It's going to take excellent execution of strategy and tactics. So I think because of that, Ian Gary is not an easy out at all, just because Islam has a huge advantage on the ground.
Speaker 5: Size does matter.
Speaker 2: As you said, John, Yeah, and I'll tell you look to further than that. Islam is the better fighter, like I think, in all areas. But that's why I saw it. I just think this kid's awkward, and like what you're saying, he has to break him down. That's what Gary has to do. He's got to keep getting back to his feet. Hopefully he's learned something from watching the tapes. He can get back to his feet and then he could wear the other guy down also, so that that would be my strategy is to he just can't stop moving. You got to get back to your feet, like you can't acquiesce and lay on your back and you know, give that guy a chance to settle in and just hold you there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I think the fact that he faced someone like Rockmanoff is a good thing that he's experienced that. And Rockmanoff is one of the largest welterweights in the world. He's not you know, he's not going to feel like Islamahasham on top of him. I think Islam can create that, you know, maybe even more pressure and probably more danger with submissions, but he's not going to feel that heavy and strong like rockmanov Is. So I think it's good that Ian Gary has experienced a fight similar to that in the past and hopefully he's learned from it.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is hopefully he brought in great guys for the camp that had just at that level of wrestling. I think, look, you saw Strickland do it with Hamzade, right, he never panicked. He was squared away everywhere, there was never even anything close on the ground. He just kept getting back to his feet. But you know, he brought in that kid, Eblin, who's a fantastic wrestler. And I'm sure that was my point picking Strickland back then after he lost to Pereira, first thing he did was go and train with him. I think that's the smartest thing anybody could do. How the fuck did you do that to me? And if he did that with Pereira, I'm sure he did it after he lost to Uzman. Also, he started working on that wrestling and I think it showed. I'm not sure of that, but the fact that he brought in Evelin was a great example a guy that could keep grinding on you and you're not going to get tired, and then the other guy breaks, you know. So that's what that should have been. And Gary's approached the same approach he had.
Speaker 4: Few fighters have gone to the lengths Iam shadow. Gary has gone to to improve themselves. So we'll see produces the desired results.
Speaker 7: Well, I can't speak to this training camp specifically and the wrestling training partners, but I know Kenny knows about the world traveling to find the right training shoe box academy.
Speaker 4: Diego Lima is a great force in his corner. Charles Blavera.
Speaker 5: Of course, Damian Maya.
Speaker 4: He's been to Georgia to wrestle Damian Maya. Yes, so I really feel like it's no stone unturned. He's done everything right. Sometimes the opposition is just too good, right, I mean, Hana too mooi Kano. I know he fought Islama Kashev on twenty four hours notice, but when he got asked about the short notice, he said, no, this is a lifetime of work, right, This is how it's good right, and some people would say, you know, on the shadow Gary's best night, you know, maybe it isn't good enough to close the gap on ISLAMI Kasha, we will find out mid August in Philadelphia. Some would you rathers coming up in a sixty seconds, But I'm sorry. I keep going back to the thrown Sport coffee Sea salt caramel before my workouts. I love the taste, of course, but most ready to drink coffees are just loaded with artificial junk ramon extra calories, none of the stuff that actually matters. This is low sugar. This one is dairy free, easy to grab and go. Lat is great after you work out. By the way, they packed ten grams of protein in each can. Rest of the macros are legit to one hundred and fifty millions of natural caffeine all your B vitamins. Thrown Sport Coffee is also NSF certified for u UFC athletes out there, clean enough for all of the professional athletes out there, nothing to hide, no artificial flavors nor sweeteners. And if you have not stocked up yet, check CBS, Kroger, Whole Foods, Quick Trip cases or grab it on Amazon Walmart or their website directly, Sportcoffee dot Com Throne Sport Coffee, Better Coffee. No matter your game, Ray, is this good price is right too? They send it right to my.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 4: I haven't had one in a whilestand I understand that everybody at longos Gard, City of York is just coffee. Wait. Would you rather someone lick your face or bite your arm? If you want to get back to the m m A. Wow, you didn't like that one.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that at lives really an exciting He's one of the most dynamic two o five is I've ever seen.
Speaker 5: Would you like Akalve to lick your face or bite your arm?
Speaker 2: I'd rather have him bite my arm, all right?
Speaker 4: So you'd rather have someone bite your arm? So next time I see you, I'm gonna lick your face, all right? Ray? Would you rather eat bugs or cat food for the rest of your life?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, you know. I mean if you would like our producers Natan Cody to send me questions, I won't fetch the horrible Would you rather eat bugs? Cook them? You saw no cat food?
Speaker 2: I'm taking the cat food.
Speaker 4: I don't like either of those options, I'll eat bugs for the rest of my life. Can't be shredded at food. Raymond Pete. Would you rather live in a bubble or a tree until you die?
Speaker 2: I tell you, Kenny, I sweet you guys, really, I really want to kill myself at times. What's what's the question? I'd rather live in a bubble or tree or a freaking tree?
Speaker 5: Does he get a tree house?
Speaker 2: I gotta, I just gotta hang off a branch.
Speaker 4: What is it? Well, maybe you build a tree house better than a bubble, right, I'll take the tree. Ray Would you rather I don't even know if I could do this anymore? Or maybe I should put in an alp nicotine pouch as I do this. I think that's I mean, they don't sponsor the program incidentally, but I need a little buzz for this next question. I'm just gonna try to focus. Ray Would you rather eat lunch off a sweaty leprechaun stomach?
Speaker 2: I tell you, please, please tell me you don't stay what's going on? Tell me you don't stay up late at night and thinking. Please tell me you have something better.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're between do you want to talk about the PFL and fat gen.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, with PFLs in town this week?
Speaker 4: All who cares fold or hang on a second? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Get yeah? What is it next to the who cares about?
Speaker 4: The what?
Speaker 2: What the fuck are we doing again? Would you rather.
Speaker 5: Sweaty leprecauns belly?
Speaker 2: What folder is that? What folder is that? And who gives a ship folder?
Speaker 4: Ray? Would you rather eat lunch off a sweaty leprechaun stomach or go swimming in shark infested waters?
Speaker 2: Shark infested waters? All?
Speaker 4: We have two or three more?
Speaker 2: Wait, let's talk about the PFL. He got my guy levon fighting this week. Hey, BFL, finally get.
Speaker 4: What's his last name? Dwalash Willie? What's his last name?
Speaker 2: Is it? Coblev? Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I was thinking of something else, but uh, all right, where you so?
Speaker 2: So you're uh, well, so everybody's everybody's staying at the Marriott, fight at jim So. We got a lot of people stopping in and training and it's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Is that an EV or a OV? Does it end with the E V or a OV?
Speaker 4: J wants Yeah, Jason, I almost called him uncle Jason.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take a guess and say ev Okay.
Speaker 4: All right, there you go. Ray, Well, we wish you all the best with that initiate.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, what do we get Ray for the next month? Would you rather live without hope or without love?
Speaker 2: Without hope? I need love in my life.
Speaker 4: Okay, I feel like they're sort of inexorably linked. But would you rather have a neck like a giraffe or eyes like an owl?
Speaker 2: He'd be Kenny? Seriously, should he be? Should he be? Penalies for this.
Speaker 4: For a week.
Speaker 2: I'll take he was suspended last week.
Speaker 4: I was in Hawaii. I took a show off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I take that back when I said at the beginning, bring back Jason. Uh, I'll take the eyes of an owl.
Speaker 4: And finally today, but you said too, would you rather have your body covered in tattoos of Easter eggs or have your X his name tattooed on your forehead?
Speaker 2: Oh? I mean which X would that be? There's been what eggs are we putting on there?
Speaker 4: The Raymond training?
Speaker 2: We made? We list them all up there?
Speaker 4: Yeah there was Linda Felicia. Yeah, yeah, what's that song? You got? Was a different area codes?
Speaker 2: Rightn holy uh I got we did this show goes? Harry write down the toilet.
Speaker 4: Ray have a great day and a better evening. You got anything else for us?
Speaker 2: I think that's it?
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we hope you enjoyed this. You do get paid for it, however.
Speaker 2: I do get paid. Answer me another question. I feel bad.
Speaker 4: No, No, I don't want the final two minutes. But it's not as though, you know. I mean, I mean, I don't know when's your next media appearance? Unpaid?
Speaker 2: Oh, I have no idea. I've been quiet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have been quiet. People start burning up. I mean, for a while, you were a complete fucking whore, right.
Speaker 2: I try. I try to help people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you want to a whore, well, I mean you would say a right, it's benevolent. Yeah, media mogul, Raymond Pete. No, for a while, I mean you were the podcast rounds. It was just like everybody was sucking. Grip it and rip it. You know, we gotta go, right, we gotta go take it easy. I love you, Raymond Pete. I'm laughing with him, right, laughing with it.
Speaker 3: We got to get him a palm made sponsor or something like hair gel, something like what was going on with the left side of his head there?
Speaker 4: Hey, I mean fr B and she's ranging up with him while he's here. Right, Well, I mean yeah, there are no dogs today, no phone, so you know, two steps forward, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So all right, so we are going to make some predictions here for this UFC fight night manage versus Rodriguez. I'm very excited when they call my number for a fight night. And you know what's interesting. I just flew to Hawaii for the Max Holloway Foundation golf tournament, eleven hours from JFK. Right, JFK is Serbia is eight How about that? Wow?
Speaker 5: Wow, So you're like you're broken in now you're good.
Speaker 4: Hey, how did it go? Dude?
Speaker 5: Did you win?
Speaker 4: To tell me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: No, really, he did not play well, but it was fantastic. I drank straight vodka before I even went out, and I was staring at my golf ball on four and I was like, yeah, I needed like sober up a little bit. I was a little nervous. Max came out with us on the first hole. Max is the man. It was great to see everybody just rally around him, not just the fighters but the community. And you know, he raised enough money just for West Side Striking for like their wholeol budget. For like a striking school, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: He's such a good dude. How's his golf game, by the way, is it on the range?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Really? Yeah? But I didn't play with him. I just played one hole with him.
Speaker 5: So nice man.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Great.
Speaker 4: So it's UFC Fight Night Metitch versus Rodriguez. And this is not promotional hyperbole. There are a lot of new fighters, Serbian fighters that really are entertaining and look like they belong. So I'm very excited for this show, even if I don't have a lot of pre existing notes upon which to draw when I look at these twenty eight athletes. But we will start with the three biggest fights of the night to close out the main card on Paramount Plus. Cody, if you wouldn't mind chasing for me when this card begins on Paramount Plus, that would be fantastic. At heavyweight ken Flow, Alexander Rakich is the minus three forty five betting favorite against Marching Debora plus two seventy five. So overall results for Rockets at two oh five not great, especially in the end. Four straight losses to Yambohova, Jeri Prohaskamagavanakalive and Ozamat Murza Khanov. Prior to that, he was six and one in the UFC, So it's a tale of two cities here making his heavyweight debut against the soon to be twenty five time UFC veteran Marching Tabora Ken Flow. You have been on fire. Take it away.
Speaker 5: I will do my best here, buddy.
Speaker 3: You know, tay Bora is one of those guys who can surprise you if you're not on top of your game and rackete you know, he can go from great to so great very quickly sometimes. But boy does he have a ton of potential. I think as far as athleticism goes, he is a huge favorite because of that, just that one thing alone. So I think this is Rockeach's fight to lose. I think the key for him is, you know, being consistent, not making a whole lot of defensive errors on the feet against ty Borrow, who can really surprise you. He's awkward to fight. He's also really good on the ground, so Rockets has to keep this on the feed. I think if he does that, not only can he win, he can get the win by knockout. I know he's kind of fighting in his region of the world, and I think that will help booy him a little bit.
Speaker 5: So I like rackets here. Hopefully he gets it done because he's experienced a lot of adversity in the UFS.
Speaker 4: I agree, you really took the words out of my mouth, just so many chials and tribulations that it would it would feel good, right, young father has spent so much time away from his kids. It feel good to see him get his hand raised. Tabora is a man. Incidentally, he is forty ten and five spanning his last fifteen. He is a danger of losing three straight in the UFC for the first time. That has never happened before. All Right, light heavyweight Comaine event. As you can tell, I'm a big fan of oh Cody by the way, chimes in main card one PM, Eastern Prelims ten am, Serbia sold out. Yeah, it's gonna be a raucous crowd. Can't wait to be there. I'm excited to scream. All Right, light heavyweight comain event. Yeah you can tell, I'm a fan of Navajo Sterling minus three ten taken on a great human being in his own right, Yoan Bohovich plus two fifty. So meta rankings have Sterling at eleven and Behovich at fifteen at least for now, though the media rankings not Loohovich's prior championship status. The media rankings determine the corners, and so Behovich is still number four there despite just one win since twenty twenty two. Last four for bohovis can flow o two and two decision losses there came against Alex Pededa and the champ Carlos Olberg forty three. But he's been competitive every step of the way. You know, the work ethics still going to be there, if not the pole power of the legendary variety. What are your thoughts on Bohovich against the young contender, the undefeated Napahostro.
Speaker 3: This one is interesting to me because Sterling obviously has a ton of potential, you know, very much, a young talent from City kickboxing. And I like the way he puts all of his weapons together. I like his killer instinct when he gets you hurt. All of those are are big time positives he did have. He has had some ugly moments sometimes, you know, I'm not sure about his grappling. And for Bhovich, I think it would serve him well to try to take this one to the ground. Bohovich is not too shabby on the feet either, and I think he could surprise Sterling with his durability with his leg kicks and his ability to kind of get you to throw things that you don't really want to throw.
Speaker 5: He has so much experience.
Speaker 3: But I do think he should take this one to the ground and test the grappling of Sterling, because I do think it is a weakness at this point of his career. But you know, Sterling's a big favorite for reason. But I kind of like Beehovich in this spot. I think it comes down to how passionate he is in this fight. He can't just participate. He has to go out there and really look for the win and fight with that passion. I think it be does that. I think he can get the upset win here against this young comer Sterling.
Speaker 4: I really like the fight. Sterling looks like an NFL tight end, absolute monster, and Polovich is really one of my all time favorites. And one thing you know about Yo Bohovich, She'll be there for the fighter meeting right on time, no matter his status. Navajo Sterling twenty eight years of age ten and zero overall, off to a quick five and oh start in the UFC across twenty months. Biggest test of his career beckons here in a few days in Belgrade, Serbia, main event in the welterweight division Udosh Medic minus three sixty Daniel Rodriguez plus two eighty five, So Medich the knockout of Jeff Neil Kenney serving as the platform upon which he gets this first UFC main events huge propellant for him and the stars of a line right, UFC going to Serbia for the first time and he gets to headline. It's really an incredible story for the thirty three year old south Pad and now we'll see the extent to which he can maximize it against a man who knows his way around a water pipe and an octagon. D Rod d Rod ten and four in the UFC Kenny. He's won three in a row, so nice to see de Rod get the main event showcase as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both of these guys have been looking fantastic in their last few fights, and I think that while urus Udos is deservedly favored here, I do think you gotta watch out for someone who's experienced like d Rod, someone who is durable, someone who has a legendary chin, and of course has a lot of power, so Udos sometimes can get a little bit too chaotic, and I don't want that to take away from his aggressive style, but he does have to be careful, especially if this fight goes into.
Speaker 5: The later rounds. That's where d Rod kind of thrives.
Speaker 3: You know, he'll kind of get you to suffer with him similar to a and then kind of pick you apart and take you out. So he definitely has to be careful with d Rod late in the fight. De Rod always comes in shape. He has an excellent jab, But I do think it's important for Medich to get off to a good start, establish himself and see if he has the firepower to be able to take him out. He just has to manage that throttle a little bit, not get overly excited and then have no gas left for late in the fight, because we know how durable d Rod is, how dangerous he is. But I like medaging this spot. I think he's been fighting extremely well. He's he's fighting with a lot of confidence right now, has a ton of weapons. I just think he's a little bit more potent or maybe a lot of bit more potent than d Rod. But d Rod's going to be consistent. But give me metach here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Udoshmdich an absolute sniper. D Rod thirty nine years of age, ending a three hundred and seventy eight day layoff in Serbia. All right, can't flows bets coming up in sixty seconds. But this summer, whatever you're watching, mixed martial arts, baseball, golf, soccer, racing, DraftKings has you covered for every single moment. The DraftKings sports app now available in all fifty states, bringing the game straight to your fingertips wherever you may be. New Draftkinks customers out there can sign up with Code af Pod. Spend five bucks to get one hundred and fifty in rewards within fourteen days. Includes all markets. That's Code af Pod in partnership with DraftKings. The Crown is Yours. Bet with DK sportsbook Gambling problem Call one one hundred, Gambler one one hundred My reset Connecticut call eighty eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven. Visits CCPG dot org. Gonna be having a boothel casino in Kansas. Bet tax pastor may apply in Illinois twenty one plus void in Canada. Event contract trading with DraftKings predictions involves risk of loss availability various predictions offer a void in New York. Bet to get bonus bets that'll expire in seven days. Trade to get predictions dollars that expire in one year. Fifty dollars in rewards issued every seven days. I be a click to acclaim for fourteen days one non withdrawllable reward, redeemable terms at dknng dot c slash offer limited time offer. You know we're gonna call for the graphic today because ken Flow has been on a volcanic like heater. We update his results you UFC Fight Night Alkolia versus gust cove Goostkov. However, we're pronouncing it whoa can Flow wins nine hundred and fifty two dollars in change on his straight wager on Tamirov taking his year to date north of two thousand to the positive. That says nothing of his great record, just picking fights straight up, so can Flow. It's one of the smaller shows. You get one thousand dollars, not three thousand dollars, and the card is yours. Take it away, my man, Well, thank you Kuyin, Sir, you know this is a tricky one. This is a tricky one for me to find value on when it comes to bets. But I will do my best here.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go with the underdog Buhovich.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna sprinkle a little two hundred bucks on there, two hundred bucks on Bolhovich.
Speaker 5: See what happens. I think he might be able to play spoiler here.
Speaker 3: And then I went with a parlay for the for the rest of the money, I'm gonna put eight hundred dollars on a Rambeski and Medich parlay. I see, you know, Rambeski perhaps as the stronger leg Medich, you know, I think has a ton of firepower, should.
Speaker 5: Get it done against d Rod. But we know how durable d Rod is. But let's put that on a parlay eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Nice job, Mattos round Beski fighting Kyle Preppolic in a lightweight prelim offering, And you know it was funny. I was prepping Prepolic a little bit, and I was sort of thinking he's got this nickname kill shot, you know, And I was thinking I would say to him in the fighter meeting on the walkout, you know he got this great nickname kill shots. Give me a chance to use it. You know, got a land to kill shot for me to scream kill shot for Kyle Preppolic. But man Matto's round, besky. I mean you want to talk about a hardened worry your warrior, warrior warrior.
Speaker 5: Topless nails, dude, so tough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, I missdoing this last week.
Speaker 2: You know what it is.
Speaker 4: It's time for repacks, baby, So what if I told you sixty dollars investment could land a sixteen hundred dollars UFC card. Homa Fight Repacks powered by Collectibles dot Com. You secure your pack inside as an authentic, already graded UFC card from there. Some options keep it secure in your online bolt, shipping home to your collection, or move it right back to Collectibles dot Com Homa fight cards dot Com. You can download the Collectibles app get in on the action. Sometimes the biggest wins don't happen inside the octagon. Sometimes, like me, you pull a coms out. You might have rookie card. Ken Flow's account is alive and well. Two cards for Kenny today out of the blue corner. Kenny ken Flow should have been Kenny kill shot Florian kill shot Kenny because you'd be knocking dudes out. Kill shot Kenny, kill shot, kill shot Kenny. Dude, dude, kill shot Kenny. Greater than Ken Flow?
Speaker 5: You know it is, anything's better than Ken Flow. Let's get things sttted over here, John, what do we got?
Speaker 4: We gotta kill shot your new fucking nickname? Sorry, Kyle, prepelit all right. Twenty twenty three Panini Prism UFC Superstar Autographs. Oh, Semi the Jedi, Matthew Semblsberger PRISM PSA ten. They're offering you thirty one dollars and fifty cents back. We do have a show policy that we keep autograph cards, and uh it's a PSA ten, so you know.
Speaker 5: Let's keep it. Why not? I like the nickname Jedi.
Speaker 4: Why not Semi the Jedi who knows? Maybe he returns like a mack truck and becomes the UFC champion. All right, second pack for kill shot Kenny. Here. We got a couple of new nicknames in the last three months on the Nicorn podcast, Raymond Pete and uh, kill shot Kenny. I'm not gonna have the ball this prepolic fight this week, and I'm just be thinking about kill shot shot.
Speaker 5: Probably I like that nickname.
Speaker 4: Oh Ay, Bronson tells us hang on a second, hold that thought, all right? Twenty twenty one Panini Select UFC Match Schnell Silver Prison PSA ten. They're offering you sixty eight dollars. So maybe a good sell scenario here for you match Schnell card.
Speaker 5: What do you think? Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna get that money back. Yeah, I'll give that back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Nate's gonna tell me. So this is interesting. So Nate says that the Matthew Semmelsberger card is a rookie card and an autograph and a ten which checks three boxes, you know, right, like hen the dude fight though, right, No, he can fight. He can fight. You should have seen him as a college football player. I forget where he played it. Maybe nariss was built yeah yeah, but uh yeah and good family brother, you know, hard worker, all right, home a fight repacks download the collectibles app. I'm telling you this is the way to go if you're like me and you don't want the hassle of sending in your cards. PSA is already backloaded with cards. These come fully graded, fully graded, and we're about to hit the Holy grail for a second time. I can just feel it in my veins. I can feel it in my veins. Kem Flow kills shot. Kenny's on a heater in the sports book, and I'm on a heater in the collectibles app. Here's my Homo fit repacks. Draw one today, no referees, no whammis. Oh wow, okay, two thousand and nine tops UFC Round one. Dan Severn, what's Messias's first name?
Speaker 3: Kenny Anthony Messias. So I remember Anthony mad Dog Messius. If I remember correctly, Dan Severn picked this kid up. I mean, first of all, there's no way classes at the time he supplex Messius. I think at least twice hard like WWE Pro Wrestling style.
Speaker 5: So that's a phenomenal picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So our producers are chiming in on the comments as I make this decision here. It feels like it's a vintage card that Maby is worth holding on to, at least for now. Nate writes, ugly card.
Speaker 2: Lol.
Speaker 4: Cody says, keep it. We're gonna keep it. In real time, We're gonna keep it. Cody, that's inappropriate. If I said that on the air, I would be in trouble, come up and clean it up. Yeah, we do need a music bet for this segment. Dun dun da da don dun dunna. All right, final draw of the day. Thanks to everybody being with us. You're live on the end employment podcasting A one final card today. We did not hit the holy grail with the Dan Severn.
Speaker 2: We uh.
Speaker 4: We did turn back the proverbial clock, as it were. All right, here we go, here we go. Give me something to wrap my pelican beak around. All right, here we go. Twenty nineteen UFC Chrome Alex Cowboy oliveda gold refractor PSA nine. We're gonna sell that back.
Speaker 5: You were just talking about him on the show earlier, or was it Ja, Yeah, Alex, we were talking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think maybe Jay was talking about him because he fought in one of the bare knuckle fights.
Speaker 4: Maybe against Oh okay, I wasn't listening.
Speaker 2: Sorry, ye.
Speaker 4: All right, Thanks everybody for subscribing to the Antikinploring podcast YouTube channel. Continue to look out for content there also on Kenflow's YouTube channel. And I'll be doing I think and ask me anything on the Antibros YouTube channel. I think live from Serbia. If I'm not mistaken, but we're excited to be there. Belly and the Saturday, August first on Paramount plus early start time ten am for the prelims on the East Coast, so seven am combat and coffee. Thanks to long Ago and Jay and everybody behind the scenes, Nate, Cody Merrill putting it all together, and we'll be right back with you. I believe in the usual slot. God willing back from Serbia and we'll see if it's Udosh, the doctor medich or or if the rod can you know, get it done and get back to Cali to all his pro creations and his cannabis stash. With that for Kevilum, John, and thanks for watching. We'll talk to you in lesson seven days to teach