Speaker 1: Welcome into the Ravens Prespass Podcast. It is Wednesday, December tenth. The Ravens are gearing up to face the New York Giants on Sunday, coming off the Ravens Week fourteen bye week. As Ravens prepare for that game, we heard from head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: All right, good scene. Everybody appreciate everybody being here. What questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're one to come to Fedway in December and January, acon leave you think.
Speaker 4: We're pidly, We're.
Speaker 2: Just trying to play our best football.
Speaker 5: That's probably in the past, you know, but everything is geared toward and should be geared toward this.
Speaker 2: Time of year.
Speaker 5: You've got to get yourself in position to play meaningful games in December. I mean, that's that's the goal. Who's gonna win in December. Who's gonna win in January? Who's gonna have an opportunity in February? That remains to be seen. You know, you can be teams. It can be teams that you can have the best season and then you know, not not not get all the way to the end, but you still have a great seat. You can have an okay season, make your way into the playoffs and you can finish it out because you get hot and you play well.
Speaker 2: So it's a.
Speaker 5: Long season in this league for a reason, and we're gonna try to play our best football, you know here at the end of the season in December and January, they coach. What is the most positive thing being on the practice field coming after by week? Well, it's just great to be back out here with everybody. Guys are guys are full of energy, they're locked in.
Speaker 2: I think there.
Speaker 5: I think the recovery was real good, you know, I think it was. It was It was perfectly right on time as it turns out right now, and we had a good practice.
Speaker 6: Sunday is the start of a three game and eleven day stretch. Just what is the kind of big picture of perspective that you guys want to take on that.
Speaker 5: Well, really, the big picture is Sunday. I mean, that's the big picture. The big picture is all hands on deck. We're focused toward playing our best game so far on Sunday. We're going to need to do that, and that's what we're training and preparing to do. We have a plan, you know, for the for the three game stretch, and that plan starts with Sunday.
Speaker 1: You've dealt with short weeks, But did that plan take a little bit more from your side during the buy of how you want to do those You're.
Speaker 2: Back to back short weeks? Sure, Yeah, three games in ten days. Yeah, that that definitely was unique.
Speaker 5: Uh So we've been thinking about that for quite a while and Sam Rose Garden is a big part of that. But we'll be ready for it. We'll take it one week at a time. Right now, it's it's Sunday, John, going back to.
Speaker 6: The energy, I don't know if you're talking about practice, how much is Lamart the source of that and directly that with practice today?
Speaker 5: Lamar is always like that, I mean, Lamar's Lamar. Lamar likes to practice. He loves football.
Speaker 2: Lamar is.
Speaker 5: I think he's a phenomenal leader, you know, in his way. It starts with I think all guys realize, you know, leadership starts with with competence. I mean, you've got to be good and great at what you do to really be genuinely respected as a leader, probably in any field.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: So, Lamar is a great player, and he's he's a he's a he's a great teammate, and he demands perfection and excellence out of himself. That's what it starts with. Then you know, carries over to the rest of the guys. I mean, the guys respect them and and I wouldn't just stop at Lamar.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know you can name the guys.
Speaker 5: You can start with Mark Andrews and Tyler Linderbaum just off the top of my head. Guys on offense, Derrick Henry, there's a lot of guys that do a great job with that.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow.
Speaker 9: That was probably just animating the closet anime to be seen after that Philly game.
Speaker 3: That's he gets back to.
Speaker 2: But what the kind.
Speaker 9: Of things message is, the way he's led getting these guys.
Speaker 5: Back to the where you want to go now, Lamar, he understands that it's about it's about, you know, chasing perfection in the details of everything that you do. So it's it's the same, you know, it doesn't change in that sense. You know you're not riding the roller coaster of outcomes. You know, you you try to be the best you can be every single week, put your best performance out there and whether you whether you get the outcome you want or you don't get the outcome you want, you shouldn't change your approach, you know. So our approach is really pedal to the metal, man, I mean, kick this thing in gear, put your foot on the gas, put the gas pedal to the floor, and let's get locked in on everything that matters and see if we can drive as fast as we can, as straight as we can, to be as good as we can in this next game.
Speaker 10: John, I know is the NFL and if you want to give every team your you know, your full attention. And what are kind of the challenges of going on the road to play a team that's having the type of year that the Giants are have.
Speaker 5: The challenge is playing the team that we're playing. And this team has got really good players, and this team has got a lot of motivation to play well.
Speaker 2: You know. Uh, they're gonna be motivated to win the game. Uh.
Speaker 5: That's the way it is a National Football League. It's not there's no there's no difficulty in getting ready for a team. We understand how good every single team is. The New York Giants is very talented, very tough, very well coached football team. They're very capable, and we're gonna have to play our best football to win the game.
Speaker 2: That's what we're focused on a lot of ways.
Speaker 3: Particular is gonna plays.
Speaker 5: It's a great, great question. Uh, Mark Andrews is just one of economy. He's got the nickname Andrews, as you guys all know for a reason, I think, because, uh, because that's what he brings.
Speaker 2: Man, He's just he's all ball. You know, he's all ball all the time.
Speaker 5: Everything he does is uh you just tell he thinks about driving home, driving into work, probably while he's sleeping, and he probably dreams about it, eats football, sleeps football, you know, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Speaker 2: That's that's really who he is. And as a coach you kind of like that.
Speaker 5: You kind of like players that that breathe it and live it and need heatn't want to be part of it and can't wait to get back out in.
Speaker 2: The practice field. Just that's what it takes.
Speaker 5: If you want to be at the top of any profession, you want to be at the top of football, you better be thinking about football and working at football all the time.
Speaker 7: Okay, good.
Speaker 2: Another days dead and Nie, Actually, yeah, we'll reflection there.
Speaker 5: Huh, that's pretty cool. I didn't know that, you know, there'll be one hundredth game. It's been ninety nine. Awesome, awesome, It's been an awesome ride, you know, ninety nine in county. Let's uh, let's make it. Let's make it at least one hundred more, you know, but but one at a time. So focused on Sunday.
Speaker 7: No, the defense has talked about, you know, turning a corner and all that play. Well, one of those guys, he's progressed a nice late TV's Robinson. What do you see him from the you know, the biggest jump from him each for this.
Speaker 5: Year for you, well, I think it's steady improvement. Like I would kind of put him in the same kind of category as we talked about with Mark. He has the same mindset. You know, it's always about him coming in here and and just doing whatever he can do to get better. I mean, you see him in the weight room, you see him, you see the way he trained, you see him in the in the meeting room, you know, you you see him in the film room on his own, you see him at practice. Takes every bit of coaching and tries to do it exactly the way his coaches do it and the most physical manner he can he can, you know, and then where he's come as a football players just it's been remarkable, man. I mean it's been really fun to watch. But I think he's just scratching the surface. I really think he's going to be even better, but he's been so far.
Speaker 9: Old Tucker outside kicking the field goals.
Speaker 4: Today while you got while you guys were.
Speaker 10: Practicing, and say kind of planned and he kind of just go out there about now.
Speaker 2: They have a plan. You know, they have a planning.
Speaker 5: You know it's not gonna be Uh, the field was really muddy today and it was raining, as you know, so we didn't want to get out there and get on that bad field in terms of practice. It's not good for our health potentially, it's definitely not good for our timing and all that. So we came in here. Players don't like being inside. They want to be out there on the grass. But had force men here, so talking Randy and Chris, they just you know, they went out there probably I guess, you know, maybe to get in the rain because it might rain on Sunday, right, but the footing will be fine, uh even if it is raining there because it'll be terf h with.
Speaker 7: The giants lock is really mean.
Speaker 2: People said Vido is gonna start from that? Does that?
Speaker 3: How much does that change.
Speaker 2: Things for you?
Speaker 5: It really doesn't change anything. And we kind of knew that was possible. You can kind of tell on Monday that maybe it was going that way. But we we've we've talked about both quarterbacks. Uh, we understand, you know, the nuance between the two and their offense. I believe, but you just gotta we gotta play our defense. Well, that's really what we gotta do. And if we do that, well then you know that gives us our best chance.
Speaker 10: Playing at the Metaland is that a little bit different.
Speaker 2: In terms of the wint.
Speaker 5: It's not like it's not like the old days, Jerry, you know, and they when they opened up the garage door and close the garage door, you know, now, Landetta would tell you it's Sean Landetta, a Baltimore guy.
Speaker 2: He would tell you that's all a myth, that there's nothing to it.
Speaker 5: It was always like kind of a kind of a mind game that Bill Parcels used.
Speaker 2: To play with everybody. But but uh, I think he knew. I think he knew how to play.
Speaker 5: The wins in there. It's not like that at the New Metal Lands. But it's still windy, but it's a little more consistent.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, good? Thanks.
Speaker 1: We also heard from quarterback Lamar Jackson is one.
Speaker 9: When he gets the Giants, you know, everybody is gonna talk about how the Ravens should beat the Giants troop one of the big favorite of the season.
Speaker 4: How do you combat everyone?
Speaker 3: You're trying to block out the fact that everyone expects you guys get to win and.
Speaker 11: Win there, Well, just focus on a sign. You know, we can't worry about the outside noise. We never can carry about the outside noise because, like like I always say, you know, it's another NFL team were playing.
Speaker 4: I'm out of the record.
Speaker 6: I think people remember the last time we heard from the well you were fired up after that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not to change.
Speaker 6: How about how about running of the football on Sunday after the talk to Bob and the week off?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, if I get the opportunity, no doubt, you know I'm still gonna play football though, Yes, sir, how did you.
Speaker 2: Directord some of that energy and let try to rest.
Speaker 11: Uh It's like a brush of fresh uh fresh air. You know, we been going s well Thursday game, Sunday, Monday. Like, games just been going crazy for us, and we took a little deep breath, you know it, took a step back, relaxed, got our mind back lock locked in. I feel like we gonna don't do what we need to do.
Speaker 3: How you looking at this.
Speaker 12: Four game scripcher? You trying to get back to when this south out?
Speaker 2: You feel to run or or have.
Speaker 5: You had a puff start the season so far gains itself?
Speaker 2: How you're ok?
Speaker 11: And I'm I'm not worried about all the games. I gotta worry about the Giants first, you know. So I'm just worried about beating the Giants. That's my only focus.
Speaker 9: I'm right, go ahead to Brunn's kids.
Speaker 2: Like how do you wait? When to run? How how much you longing to go through your progression?
Speaker 3: That last stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It depends.
Speaker 11: It depends how the game's going, what's going on on the field, if I get a lane, if I see it all the th all of that play apart.
Speaker 4: So I don't know.
Speaker 9: M Mr mar Marks tied that Jamal lewis for the Nursers receiving touchdowns and franchise sisters.
Speaker 4: Jamal Lewis.
Speaker 3: Mark is tied with Jamal.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm saying, what makes Mark some good?
Speaker 12: Getting rag zamm and then the.
Speaker 11: Ends a man cause he can go up and get the ball, track the ball well, you know, like a receiver. He's a big body receiver.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I feel like anybody guard him.
Speaker 11: I got a shot at uh having successful catch you know, with Mark, so him just being who he is man since we first stepped for in.
Speaker 4: The league, He's just made my job a lot easier. I always say.
Speaker 2: That so hard the big ball is grown in mar uh paw. Yeah, you know how long do the teacher get Ben to develop that those studs?
Speaker 3: If you you canna put up there, you're gonna get the concuss that you can.
Speaker 4: Well probably rookies rookie season, you know.
Speaker 11: Uh, going back to i'm'a say chargers thy I threw him like a lime route between the safety and the back of Mark caught it and just a hotel after that, it was like, yeah, that's my guy, right, you know, that's my guy.
Speaker 4: After that?
Speaker 12: Sorry to that point, do you have a favorite Mark Gangers men? Right?
Speaker 11: Uh, it's a lot, damn, it's a lot rookie year it's i'm'a go back. I'm'a say lat year in rookie year. Okay, we played Raiders rookie season. I threw 'em like, uh, I think they trot him in coverage or I just threw him like a seam conda to the right side on our side line, caught the ball, start running and after he got caught, he was like he was mad. He like they ain't happening no more so. Then we paid the Chargers, laid on in the season, caught it. Nobody called him on. I don't think nobody was bond for After that, I was like, that was dope. Then last year we played the Browns over there in Cleveland, and that that catching the back of his own that was dope to me. But it's a lot, dude. I'm just throwing y'all little glimpses. And but it's a lot, bro, Mark, is that guys to be part of the ninety nine club?
Speaker 12: Matt, now you and THEREK.
Speaker 11: I feel like that's overdue, Bro, I feel like that's overdue. But I'm grateful for it, you know. I feel like we we need more items. Though I don't seen everybody else get changed and all types of stuff. We only got a little cleased, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Grateful for it.
Speaker 4: Though grateful, I'm grateful appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 10: I know you don't typically talk a lot about your your game and how it's mature throughout your career. But you're now getting questions about you maybe needing to run more. There was a time where you were getting questions about, you know, maybe you've running a little too much.
Speaker 12: To you?
Speaker 4: Is that kind of a testima.
Speaker 10: To maybe just the development and your game over the years.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's a.
Speaker 11: I don't know, pick your poison, like, okay, man, you need to run more than like I'm running a little more. Oh he was open or something like that. You know you're gonna get that, So I just play football. I really don't care like what's been said, but it's good. I feel like that's good, you know, because it's it's like I'm balanced in a way, you know, So that's cool.
Speaker 5: Or you guys are get up raise pick your poison all season?
Speaker 4: Who came up with that?
Speaker 12: Where that start?
Speaker 11: That's an old things like who's like to start describing your offense?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I me or Derek one of us?
Speaker 11: Because I believe that's when the questions start being you know, act one of us.
Speaker 9: You know, if you see you're obviously an animated feel again, you're pretty energetic right now. How I guess sort of anti argue to get back to playing giving away when you know a couple.
Speaker 11: Of weeks ago and see me anty right now, I'm what.
Speaker 9: Did you kind of take away from that to kind of move forward in terms of, you know, what you guys wanted to accomplish.
Speaker 11: Well, obviously we took that l you know, the sat back Watch film. Look at things we could have cleaned up on the field. Uh, little mishaps here and there, and those type of games. We can't have those. You know, you gotta be like like, it won't be a perfect game, but you gotta try to make it, you know, especially with a high roll offense like that. Defense gotta put points on the board. And I feel like any game like that, we gotta do that. You know, it's gonna be a slow game. It won't be one of those high scoring games. Sometimes it might wells, but nine times out of ten, there's gonna be one of those low scoring games. But you gotta find a way to win.
Speaker 2: Are your game on something you're.
Speaker 12: Under the gaming in the NFL. What uh, I.
Speaker 3: Know, your focus to head. But thinking back just a little bit upon reflections, hundred games played in the NFL, mede you.
Speaker 12: It's wondering your multiple about that.
Speaker 4: I I mean, I'm getting old, that's what that means.
Speaker 11: A hundred games, they bro but uh, you know, for for me just being a door threat quarterback.
Speaker 4: You know, they say, uh, we don't.
Speaker 11: Really last that long in the league, and for me to make it to a hundred game that's just dope.
Speaker 4: Man, That's just God. God get all the glory for that.
Speaker 6: Thankful you watching Hard Knocks at all?
Speaker 12: Or how don't feel about the camera's phone on you around?
Speaker 11: It's cool, I guess you know, but uh no, I'm not watching it, not right nine they where, you know, I'm out there and during the season, so I'm pretty much seeing everything that's going on. But it's dope. I get to see it later on and stuff like that. When I get older, I probably watch it so I can be like, yeah, I was on Hard Nos, you know, like ray Lewis and he read those guys, So it's dope.
Speaker 3: Are you curious about the other team?
Speaker 11: So nope, I gotta read about us, and I gotta focus on us. I can't read about another team.
Speaker 1: Hey, or just in terms of this team, w what is it that gives you confidence that this team's best football is still in front of it?
Speaker 11: S my guys, you know, just me being around my guys, no one around the locker room, moping around and stuff like that, Like we down, it's still that that energy is like everyone know it's it's we got faith, we got hope, and we know we're capable of you know, we.
Speaker 2: Talk about it.
Speaker 11: Uh brought it probably just talked about it over there after he brought the team. Uh brought the team down, just saying he feel like no one's beating us. You know, we beat ourselves and I can I can vise for that. I feel the same way, you know. So me just having those guys around me, that just give me all the energy I need.
Speaker 12: You wanna do?
Speaker 4: Your focus is overs on just that next game.
Speaker 3: But you do have a stretch works like three games and whatever, ten or eleven days?
Speaker 12: What what do you what?
Speaker 3: How do you think is the key to be successful in playing so many you know, did he have that in so many games?
Speaker 2: In too many games? Well?
Speaker 4: Try to win the first one.
Speaker 11: Uh, rest should to you know, get your body back how it should be if they if it's not one hundred, try to get it close as possible.
Speaker 4: Just getting ready to play football.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 6: Along those lines, you said the bye week was like a breath of fresh air. Yeah, I mean you had to miss a couple of practices, you know, for weeks one to thirteen for minors stuff. Do you feel like your body is a better place now than it was a couple of weeks ago?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Like I said, like a brother, fresh air.
Speaker 11: Feel refreshed that week off, just relaxing that on my body, like rest.
Speaker 4: It's it's done, us good, It's done.
Speaker 12: Us good?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 12: I know you say you don't care about it.
Speaker 3: He's but you know this four game fresh you think about how to five weeks and blay up and that a few other to a big kind of successful the position for close to the way you want.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna try to play MVP level every game or man, it really don't matter.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think about anything like that.
Speaker 11: Don't get me wrong, because I feel like the rush should know what my goal is, you know, But so I just gotta focus on the game at a time and just me being.
Speaker 4: Who I am.
Speaker 11: I don't really care about me being m v P Lamar. I feel like I'm doing that regardless.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your.
Speaker 1: Next up is safety. Kyle Hamilton, this is a game where I think you know pretty much everyone's saying now, it's shit.
Speaker 4: You beat the Giants, but you you know he a close one.
Speaker 3: You see the black kind of chatter.
Speaker 12: How do you guys go about.
Speaker 3: They're still trying to focus while still knowing what every what the expectations go.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I think our expect our expectations don't change week to week. I think that's more of a outside looking in view on the game. You know, their record versus our record. You're just assuming something. But you know those guys playing the NFL too, and they got a lot of talent over there. And I mean we lost to the Raiders, who are two and ten right now, So you can't really go into a game thinking that you got to go play every single game. So I think we have that mindset and we we're locked in on the Giants.
Speaker 3: Do you think that because you've had disappointing games against kind of like the Raiders and the Browns. Do you think that helps you in games like this?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think so. I think it helps us just not let our guard down. You know, you gotta win every game this league, doesn't matter the situation, what week it is, who's on the other side, who's not on the other side. You know, they got eleven guys out there and there's a football, and then you gotta win the game. So I think we're kind of in the business just taking a week out of time right now and doing we need to do.
Speaker 2: Kyle, do you.
Speaker 1: Feel like the defense has turned a corner a little bit? You put together some back to back games and you know, playing pretty well. Do you feel like after some really season struggles, defense has turned a corner.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think so. I mean a corner in terms of not litting up as many points. That's a good corner of the term. But I feel like we still got a long way to go just playing together as a whole. I think we've gotten better. I think, you know, we can get a lot better in certain areas, and I think we're trending up. Was a good thing going into the playoffs, So, you know, I was just talking to Dbs it's about who gets hot at the right time. And I feel like in all professional sports, especially in football, you know, it's a grueling season, but if you have confidence going to the playoffs, going to that stretch, then I feel like anything happens. So yes, to answer your question, I feel like we have turned to cornerbacks, still feel like there's a lot we can do.
Speaker 5: What do you feel like that next step would be as far as what else you can do as a defense to continue that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like, you know, for a few weeks in the season, we're kind of just trying to play defense and not give up big plays and stuff like that because it was attached to our names, attached to our defense as a whole, and everybody involved, and you know, I feel like we kind of had a tendency to just try to soften up a little bit just to keep everything in front of us. But I feel like now that we have that pretty well put together, I feel like we can get a little more aggressive now. So you know, that's all eleven, especially me included, coaches, everybody just be that more much more aggressive and just go out to attack people.
Speaker 9: Protos.
Speaker 8: Going through some of those struggles early in the the middle of the season on defense changed to your ownership of.
Speaker 12: The leadership role in this defense.
Speaker 3: I mean, do you feel sort of different level accountability at this point than maybe.
Speaker 12: You did last year? Yeah, I feel like yes.
Speaker 8: And you know, this comes with being in the league more and getting more plays, more reps, and you know, accolades, people start looking to you for advice or just just kind of energy, and I feel like that's something I can get better at. And in terms of responsibility, you know, I think everybody takes responsibility for our ups and our downs, but I feel like me personally, I feel like I do feel like I do take a lot of that. And you know, because we're the back end of the defense, we're supposed to keep everything in front of us and if all less fails, just tackle ball, get it down, play another snap. And I feel like we do a good job of that. But then you know, we feel good as a whole. And me and myself, I kind of critique myself hard on anybody I feel like compared to me, you know, I have the highest standing for myself. And if I don't play a perfect game, which I never have, then I've always feel like there's something that I'm looking for. So as much as you guys, or my mom or coaches whoever get on me, I know I can be ten times better than that. So I feel like indirectly and directly I'm taking responsibility just internally and externally.
Speaker 3: Talk about you know, still can get better, but what's maybe a change they've already made this season to your leadership.
Speaker 12: That you kind of feel like, hey, if I do this different than to pluck the defense one through?
Speaker 8: Yeah, just talking, uh, it goes. So it's so undervalue and just sports in general, just talking to each other, being comfortable with one another, because the more comfortable you are in the locker room, more comfortable you'll be out here on the practice field, and more comfortable you'll be on Sundays. So I feel like just talking to everybody, I've done a good job of that. You know I had to dot for a game. I feel like that even helped it progress a little more and just appreciative everybody in the room trusted me with that opportunity and coaches, coach, hardball players, everybody involved, and I feel like they gave me a little more confidence go out here and be more vocals.
Speaker 11: That you've been in before, maybe at r game or even.
Speaker 12: In high school.
Speaker 11: Know, just like being like a leader and kind of taking ownership and really speaking out.
Speaker 8: I feel like it's kind of been the same thing since every for every level football that I've been at high school. Came in was a little scrowny sophomore and I didn't even play varsity freshman year. So but yeah, I came in sophomore year, I was good, but I was still fifteen. And then get the next year a little better at football, a little more confident, a little more vocal, and then senior year, I felt like everybody was kind of looking at me for leadership stuff like that same thing with college. You know, I came in even though it was highly recruited. Nobody really cares about that at the end of the day. And I had to earn my stripes there too, and you know it's gonna be ups and downs, but you're further and further and you have a good freshman year and sophomoreyear, all of a sudden people are looking at you for that same kind of thing. And I feel like it's kind of happened that way in the NFL too, you know, came in rookie year, I felt like I had an okay year, decent year, getting a little respect, but you know, going to a sophomoere, I feel like there were expectations and then once you meet those, then for there's no junior senior year. Now you know, it's the rest of my career. So hopefully it's sustained for a long time, and just appreciate it to be where I'm at.
Speaker 3: What reaction when you look at the you know, in the off season, you get in that, you get the schedule, you look in December and you see three games.
Speaker 12: And whatever ten or eleventh DAEs, what's kind of reaction to that?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean I just kind of put myself in a basketball perspective. Those guys play back to back, so I mean, I guess it's a little there's a little merit behind us quote unquote complaining about it, but you know, they're playing eighty two games. MLB players are playing one hundred and sixty two games, and you know, we got seventeen then we're trying to fight them to go to eighteen right now. So I think it's it's good in the sense that we'll see who is prepared down the stretch, and you know, it's really challenging for teams everybody that's involved. I know there's a few more teams that doing the same thing as us, And I think it all comes down to culture and kind of putting everything in boxes, putting the giants in one box and you know, winning that game and then moving on whatever. Maybe we could play the next day. We don't really care. It's just we're gonna show up and do well.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't seem like it's more Do you think it's most people will think it's more of a physical challenge.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's just as much of a mental challenge as well? Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah, for sure, if not more. I mean, uh, just like we're so accustomed to the week just Sunday to Sunday, you know, come in, we have a schedule, and when that's thrown off a little bit, like even if you have a Monday night game, it just feels a little different, and it's obviously on a Thursday night game, and then you put both of those together on a short week, then you know, you kind of got your got to get yourself back in your routine and mentally just reset and refocus and just take time for yourself honestly, because I feel like that'll be a big thing in the upcoming weeks. Just a lot of football going on, a lot of games, and you know, you're maybe going through something and your mental and you're getting to the end of the season and we still got a long way to go out for that. So I feel like, how well you deal with that is how well you're going to do with the rest of the year.
Speaker 12: Family them quite a bit through throughout the year.
Speaker 3: How the timing of the buy, how did that?
Speaker 12: How do you feel right now compared to you know.
Speaker 3: Where you work before it?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I feel like everybody the same answer as me, just better.
Speaker 8: You know, we reported a camp earlier and everybody else for that. There's the night game, and I think Casey had there buy a little while ago, and we were the last team that was. I guess we had the longest stretch continuous of anybody else. And now it's just gonna be that much better at the end of it all, when we do we need to do and we can look back on that and say, you know, we did that and we came out and you won these three games. So I think we'll be better for it. I feel like it was good timing for us, and you know, we come out re energized and just juiced up.
Speaker 12: We have a different points, but.
Speaker 3: More game throws, we get some practice, getting bringing you see, if you can, I'll probably be out there as competitive from gos to level where he's uh, you know, its intensity, gets practice and.
Speaker 11: He just through rock the league.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, he's kind of the pinnacle of that. I would say there's a few guys on the team, Mark being one of them for sure, that he comes in, takes care of his business, and from the moment he steps in the building to the moment he leaves, there's a purpose of everything that he does. And I think as a younger guy just coming in especially now, I mean I still feel like I'm young, just like taking a little tidbits, whether he may notice it or not. Just talking to him today, just talking about body work and like the little bumps and bruises that I've had and he's just giving me some advice with that, and you know, sitting next to him in the team meeting, and he's just super intentional about everything he does. And I don't know, he's like year seven eight for him, seven eight, But yeah, you can tell that it didn't just happen overnight. So he's built like that, and I feel like he kind of wrapped off on everybody more.
Speaker 5: Going back with you, the postgame evaluations from mom.
Speaker 7: Is she tough.
Speaker 12: Mom is tough. Mom is very tough. Not a lot of atta boys, but uh, just in life.
Speaker 8: But she h, It's all from a good place, you know, me, my brother, and I've I feel like benefited from it for sure, just having thick skin. And I feel like that's why I'm so critical of myself because I don't want to let her down, and I don't want to let everybody who's gotten me to this point down. And I feel like whatever I do out here that y'all see is representation of them. So I try to make them proud. And yeah, you know I've heard the last game.
Speaker 6: Lamar also talked about some some coaching points given to him by his mom.
Speaker 12: You know, you rise through the ranks, you work with some of the best coaches in the world. Why do you think you know hearing from parents are maybe hearing.
Speaker 9: Specifically year from your mom holds such such weight for you when you kind of see when you hear what she has to say.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I feel like, you know, we have respect for these coaches obviously, but there's a different level of respect when it comes with your mom, dad, to grandparents, whatever. But like something, something's different there with your mom, and you know, you grow up and you see everything that she's done for you to get to get you where you're at now, and we're gonna listen to her more than anybody else. Although I won't listen to her more than anybody else too, you know, that's just how much we butt heads on stuff. But she's always got something to say. Most of the time. It's it's constructive. May not be nice, but you know, it's better for me in the long run. And uh, you know, I feel like she's always the one person I can go back to the shoot to me straight and no matter what I'm doing and where I'm at, she can tell me. You know, you're doing well, She'll tell me then you're doing terrible. So I feel like everybody needs that and she keeps me humble. Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Past podcast. Make sure you're also subscribed to the Lounge podcast feed as well. Thank you so much for listening. We'll be back with you again tomorrow when we hear from the team's coordinators, M