Speaker 1: I'm just sitting here. My useless little ass nephew is sitting next to me, and they're thinking he the mac daddy and all that. So you just sitting here, hit the mic on or whatever, you know. Why did you get on your uncle's last nerves all the damn time? Why didn't you answer that question? For the public says here?
Speaker 2: Why are you?
Speaker 1: It's like it's like you and and and your siblings and your cousins, it's like y'all live to bother Uncle Steve.
Speaker 2: Why, well, it's easy to keep me out of your head. You know how to get you know how to get rid of me. Send me to a nick game, Miami, Dubai, wherever you were you gonna write it. Send you to Daba, Send me to the bar.
Speaker 1: What the hell are you going to do in Dubai?
Speaker 2: We rich? Who's rich? Who's rich?
Speaker 1: Why you always stealing my stuff? You got on my shades right now. I was looking for those shades for a year and your ass took them, and you're held on to them, and you never returned them, and then convinced me that I must have lost me. Did you leave you in the rest of the worm, Did you leave it at work. It's gonna be somewhere and you had to ship all along.
Speaker 2: Do you know the Knicks play the night and I have to buy my own ticket?
Speaker 1: That doesn't ask my question about my shades?
Speaker 2: These ancient shades.
Speaker 1: One those are Cardier's. Yeah, there's no way on earth you bought Cardier?
Speaker 2: We rich?
Speaker 1: Who's we? You know?
Speaker 2: I didn't even tell you that we bet on Carl Anthony town tonight?
Speaker 1: Who's we with?
Speaker 2: The company? Card with?
Speaker 1: What company called? Oh?
Speaker 2: Griffith, griffness man?
Speaker 1: You talking about one of my employees. Don't let me fire somebody out here? So somebody gave you the company called to let you book tickets on my dime.
Speaker 2: Carl Anthony Towns thirty to night, and he better do it?
Speaker 1: How often have you been betting?
Speaker 2: Every day? I make any day?
Speaker 1: Every day? When the hell listen this habit start.
Speaker 2: FANDU oh this is a prize pict suhre but online betting it's the thing.
Speaker 1: How often have you been winning? Because I haven't seen a don you damn sure ain't give me none of the winning?
Speaker 2: We rich?
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: We rich? I'm not gonna bring you to you the money I'm using yours to gain a little bit, and then.
Speaker 1: Well, if you use your mind to gain a little bit, why take money out of my pocket and not bring something back so I could at least break.
Speaker 2: Even so I can go with you to Dubai.
Speaker 1: On fraud when you're on the I don't know where I'm going. I'm sorry, I don't know where I'm going to. I know what I'm saying. I don't know where I'm going. You know I don't tell people how I'm moved. You understand.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I want to go to so you know house in Miami. When am I gonna the nephew you always claim all through this book. I ain't been in his house yet, and.
Speaker 1: You're not getting there. And I don't live in Miami. You don't know where I live. You don't know where I live because I won't give you my address because you go show up with somebody that I don't know or a bunch of people that I don't know, and give out my dres That's the people ain't none of their damn business. That's your problem.
Speaker 2: See why I said old and getting old? Who worried about they address? And they getting out and stuff like that? And nobody coming to.
Speaker 1: People who got something. People who don't. We rich about that?
Speaker 2: So we are rich now we're rich.
Speaker 1: People who don't don't. It ain't no we. I didn't say anything about rich or Paul, I'm talking about the word we. Where the hell you get the word we from? How is that in the equation? When did you earn the dome of my money?
Speaker 2: I'm a smith?
Speaker 1: Oh that's what it is.
Speaker 2: You a smith? So so because we from two oh third.
Speaker 1: So because of that. So in other words, when I get a check, even though I'm the one putting in sixteen eighteen twenty hours a day, you get to sit up there and say, Yo, that's about we, not me.
Speaker 2: I'll be with you. I don't be with you.
Speaker 1: Know you know you showed up twice this week. It's the first time I saw you about two weeks, prid.
Speaker 2: Of that, the first time I saw you.
Speaker 1: In a month, prid of thatm the first time I saw you about three months.
Speaker 2: But we speak every day. If you gave me the money to an action, I be right with you. We'll be following you around on to Miami. As a matter of fact, can I get in an apartment in a and the thing that.
Speaker 1: You we You can't. You can't handle the South Florida. I didn't even say Miami. I mean we talk about South Beach. You ain't ready for South Beach. You don't know how to discipline yourself. You do you don't You think just because your voice is smooth, you understand that you will have some Dude, that that's all it requires. You know, no woman wants to broke ass.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm I broke we rich.
Speaker 1: Don't say we You didn't put into work. I did. You're saying you got to earn your own tripe. By the way, you're gonna be able to tell, honey, y'all we rich, we rich. She gonna be like, what do you do?
Speaker 2: What you think? They're saying that Bronnie James, I'm the Bronnie James of the media.
Speaker 1: Well he's only nineteen, he's only nineteen twenty, and you're the Bronnie James of the media. Yes, and why are you the Bronnie James of the media.
Speaker 2: Because you walked me through to do we here? I'm on TV. I probably don't belong or people. We feel like I don't deserve it to be, but it is what it is you my uncle? I'm here, Bronnie James, number fifty five.
Speaker 1: Drive hit who's about to be in the G League? Or back to lys is already there going back and forth between that and on the bench for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: So the G League for the media would be what.
Speaker 1: I have no idea on YouTube, I don't want to. I don't know, but I'm on YouTube. Your G League is not YouTube, or YouTube is not the G League. YouTube is the future. G League ain't the future? All right?
Speaker 2: So I'm not first take because first take is like you know how you say number one eleven years, I'm not first take. Mama already me in the media, Bronnie James, Bronie Josh.
Speaker 1: When are you gonna give your uncle some love? When are you gonna spare me the stress of having to worry about you and your and your siblings and your cousins? And when am I going to get a break from y'all with this attitude? We rich? When am I gonna get a from that? When y'all gonna be like this? Yo? Uncle Steve is calming up ding age, you understand, So we gotta take care of him instead of looking for him to take care of us when that gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I provide value. I don't provide value.
Speaker 1: What value do you provide?
Speaker 2: Like when you don't wear suits right and you want to dress how you want to dress, don't I tell you that you dress wrong?
Speaker 1: No, because I don't dress wrong. I'm usually dressing right. And you and here's my proof, because you usually got on ship that was mine. You understand? And where do you get this from? I mean, I mean this is listen. All of us had confidence, but you on another level. You you, I mean you you think that you could just rock on shades in a hat and the women are just gonna drool after you, like it's a privilege to be in your presence? Where did that come from? That didn't come from me, That didn't come from Uncle Bezil, that didn't come from Uncle Frankie, that didn't come from Grandpa, That didn't come none of us were that bad, y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all didn't grow up rich. It's your fault. Wow, twelfth grade? Quite frankly, I'm working at ESPN. What do you think I'm telling girls? I'm on TV? It was easy in high school then right after that I should have went to college. But I seen you, you know, I'm like, he's gonna flourish. I could just skip college. I worry about that later, and then I had to from eighteen about twenty five the Women Women Women, Steven Ain't nephew had a.
Speaker 1: I'm stuttering. I'm at a loss of words because I just heard something that I never heard from you before. So you're saying that because you were in high school and you was working for me when I had my show. Quite frankly, you felt the need not to go to college because you was like, Yo, my uncle's gonna be successful and I'm just gonna get from him. Ronnie James, you do understand how embarrassing that is.
Speaker 2: I made it, though, how you make it, didn't. I just tell you, I help listen all the turtlenecks and stuff that he'd be wearing. I don't got nothing to do with that. I'll be telling that.
Speaker 1: You do know that you're looking away from the cameras to the incident.
Speaker 2: Because I'm watching myself because you addicted to.
Speaker 1: What yeah, yeah, that's it. Instead of watching yourself on the screen, You're supposed to be looking into the damn camera, So you addicted to the mirror now like that, right, What the hell you gonna do next? Get a permit?
Speaker 2: First of it was the Knicks code that I created. That's a number one, number two Knicks fans want to know. Even in the garden.
Speaker 1: All year, I've been busy. I'm coming into New Year. I just had a lot of stuff to handle prior to that, and I like the season of win. Then I knew they were gonna struggle the first month and a half of the season with the trade Carl, Anthony Towns and Michel Bridges. I want to get them, give them some time to get their feet under them, develop a rhythm, some cohesiveness, and then when they're making their running, they're doing what they do. I'll pay in attendance for that. I'm watching them all the time though.
Speaker 2: Okay, so when we're up thirty five, tell Tom Thibodeau to sit the stars please. He's making me.
Speaker 1: Nervous, making you nervous?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I want to get back to what you brought up eighteen to twenty five. Yeah, that age that Yeah, and so what you were seeing is forget about good looks, forget about smooth talking, forget about you know, just ingratiate yourself with the honey and making a feel good. No, but you was like, I'm Stephen Ay's nephew, and that's what it did. Yeah, why because they thought you had money?
Speaker 2: Because you know, I seen, like I said, you flourishing. I'm like, he's basically flourishing for me, like he's flourishing for me. So what I would do was some people didn't believe it, like Stephen a way and I'll just call you. You never pick up, but your voicemail proved that it was you, and that usually help closed the show for me. Is this on TV? Yes? All right, they can edit right, Griff, you're gonna edit up all right.
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, I don't even know what to say to you. I never heard this before.
Speaker 2: It's a Smith thing.
Speaker 1: It's a Smith thing.
Speaker 2: Don't tell your business that's a smith.
Speaker 1: I don't put the Smith name on blast like that. First of all, Grandma would have killed me, you under said, my sisters would have killed Stop it. No, that this is you, you one of one. None of us were like this because remember when I was on the come up, I didn't have no money. Uncle Frankie didn't have it like that, you know, Basil didn't have it like that. Pops didn't have it like that. Cousin, Carl, Keith, Derek, whomever, didn't have it like that. So you can't say that because what you said, we rich, we rich, that's only you. Nobody could say that before this.
Speaker 2: So y'all had y'all had the natural thing.
Speaker 1: We had the natural thing I have, but we we but we didn't utilize it the way you did. We didn't have the bad, vicious, insidious intentions that you had.
Speaker 2: I wasn't rich too. Once you rich too with the natural thing that we got, did you got trouble? And now I want to la Miami. We were gonna.
Speaker 1: I will never allow you to Miami. You can't handle Miami.
Speaker 2: Yes I can.
Speaker 1: No, you can't. You can't. You'll be sitting up there and bribing somebody to put you in coach in the back of the plane just to get the hell to Miami. Where you go do nothing but cause trouble. Now you're not ready for down there. You're just not okay. So try something else.
Speaker 2: Super Bowl that's San Francisco.
Speaker 1: You need San Francisco and New Orleans is a super Bowl neither place. I mean, it's not a big deal. Well, ring what you bring? No why why I thought you had your own money? We rich right, So that means that means you got yours right, You got yours right.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to get the content for you. Deon Sanders running around with his kids.
Speaker 1: Deon Sander's kids are stars for his program. You ain't no star final program.
Speaker 2: To two of them is stars and one of them just be doing stuff. I'm the one of them, the other one not the football player. And to you, when you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna grow up, bro, I'm you're grown. You're grown. When you're gonna grow up, when you're gonna sit up there and say I'm too old for this whatever this is. And I just need you know when you're gonna do that.
Speaker 2: When I'm on the security team or I'm into control, why would you be able to give me a You are still childish.
Speaker 1: You're trying to fight nobody. What kind of security you're gonna provide me?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not fighting nobody. I keep them off, you keep keep him off. You. So we're gonna go. You said we're gonna shopping Thursday.
Speaker 1: I bought you clothes and I put you in blazers, shirt suits. The whole bit, and your bally wore any of them because you're interested in looking like a damn hood ratna.
Speaker 2: See, and this.
Speaker 1: Is what Cardier's on.
Speaker 2: You got the soup yang, and I got the other stuff. I need to take you shopping and then you could take me to get a couple more suit stuck. And I did grow out of it. I started working out.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, And what made you do that? Me? Want you tell the truth. What made you do that?
Speaker 2: I know you work out too. You lost your you know, you lost a little belly and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I lost a little belly, belly completely gone. You understand, you said, this is the this is what I'm talking about. How come you can't give your uncle any love. I'm fifty seven.
Speaker 2: I saw it in shape because I saw what Lizo posted. And all you celebrities is just getting skinny all of a sudden.
Speaker 1: And I'm talking about I didn't get skinny. You saw me in the gym six days a week. I didn't take that. I ain't take no medicine and all of that stuff to lose no damn weight. I've been in the gym. Dog you even got on me. You like, what the hell's the matter with you. You ain't eating beef. You you're not eating the burgers the way you used to. You're not eating as much sugar and candy and all of that stuff. You got on me about that stuff. You saw me in the gym six days a week. You have to sit up this say. I gotta give it to you. I gotta give it you. But now that the camera's rolling, you're gonna act like I'm on someone zipic or something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: That's the drug. That's the weight loss draw. That's the weight loss drug.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't take vitamins.
Speaker 1: Vitamins, of course you do.
Speaker 2: One of them can be oh my lord every time you're looking.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you a question. So let me ask you a question. How come it can't be the same for you what I'm saying, how come you can't be taking something to supplement and to make it look like you're working out when in fact you ain't.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, if I take all of this stuff off, it doesn't even look like I work out.
Speaker 1: Before I let you get on out of here, man, what do you think about the Drake Kendrick lamar.
Speaker 2: Joy about the then they got going?
Speaker 1: No, no, well, Drake suit Now, I mean, Drake is your boy? No, he wasn't. I like him. I don't get me wrong. I don't know him.
Speaker 2: I know, but I went to the concert twice, right, and you was like on a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he asked me to something. He asked me to take something. And then two weeks ago his team called me and asked me to model these hoodies you're in. But that don't mean wait a minute, I got number respect for Drake's bigger, but that don't mean in any way do our approval what he did with the whole Kendrick Lamar thing. You don't get lawyers involved in something like that. You got to handle your business. You got to go in the studio, handle your business and come out with something to eclipse, not like us. You can't be getting lawyers involved in something like that. That's my personal opinion.
Speaker 2: And I did see that you call Helocuja.
Speaker 1: To go well, be based on what ll said. In terms of all the things that he said, they came with it. It wasn't about just this rap game. It's about how he's been transcended the test of time. He was an actor, he was an entrepreneur, He got the radio station on Syrian XM. You know, he's he's been in movies. He's done so many different things, and a lot of things that he instigated has been emulated years later. Now some people like view it as better. But the bottom line is it all originated from him to some degree. We used to think it was run DMC with suck mcs and stuff like that. We used to look at Cool Mode. We used to look at Big Daddy Kane. We used to look at KRS one, We used to look at Eric being Rock Kim, all of that. But LL, when you look at all the things, the diversity of his portfolio, that is something to admire.
Speaker 2: So let me put the pressure on you because these are your friends, LL or Snoop as far as what they're talking about LL or Snoop because they like the same level actors everywhere.
Speaker 1: See, I can't pick one. Here's why I think that LL got the edge in acting. I think Snoop has the edge and marketability what commercial doesn't he have?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You know? And not only that, I mean you doing shows with Martha Stewart one minute, you got a Snoop comedy toward the next, you know, you in movies you in television show like that sports analysts for the Olympics, doing the stuff with Kevin Hart prior to that, doing Jake Paul fights and stuff. I mean, when you consider the range of Snoop's marketability, I would give him the edge in that regard, but in terms of acting, I'd give it to ll And then as a hip hop artist music, that's a tough one. That's a tough one. You know what. I would have given it to LLL by a landslide, believe it or not, just because of how transcended he was and the range it could be from I'm gonna knock you out. I need a beat to hey lover, you know the phenomenon all of this other stuff. I get that, But I was listening to stupid you know, the other day. I had never heard the song Mullholland Drive with Snoop until the other day, like a few weeks ago, and that was smooth. That was smooth. So it's a toss. I give the slight edge to LLL as a rap artist, I give the overall branding edge to Snoop, But it's picked tomato tomato right right? But what what? But you're still didn't aswer my question about Drake and Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: I mean, Kendrick won me over. I was one of those people like I didn't get it at first. Mike Well, is the hoopo about Kendrick, and he kind of slayed the dragon for me. So I'm here, Kendrick won me over. I'm a Kendrick fan. I'm Kendrick fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, before I let you get on out of here. Ruh m, you're gonna behave yourself, bro? I mean, are you gonna Are you gonna get yourself right where? You know? You ain't just talking looking the party and got ladies, you know, drooling over these young Yeah, these these these young girls. I mean, it's ridiculous. They look at you. They actually think you're innocent. I don't know where the hell they get this from, because you look corrupt as hell, but they think you innocent. I just want to know you know you you you you're getting up there in age now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get married at forty.
Speaker 1: You'll get married at forty?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Really? And how are you now? Remind him?
Speaker 2: I'll be thirty six on Fridays, all.
Speaker 1: Right, so you'll be there? Yes, the seer six I'm.
Speaker 2: Just laying y'all know, So when I if I'm ever on again, I'm gonna let yall know what I had got or didn't get on Friday.
Speaker 1: Well, you're letting them know what you didn't get because I ain't getting your shit. We rich, You get enough, because you get enough, we rich. That's exactly the damn problem. That's why you ain't getting that damn thing. I'm gonna be gone on your birthday, so I won't be here to do anything for you.
Speaker 2: That Apple pay he got every every electronic payment, and he talking about he ain't gonna be here.
Speaker 1: How do you know I have every electronic payment?
Speaker 2: You got a cell phone, you got two cell phones?
Speaker 1: How do you know I have an electronic payment? How are you tell him? How you know that? Because you all in my business? Because you always all in my.
Speaker 2: Business, somebody gotta be somebody got to be over your business. I ain't shade room, but you know we related.
Speaker 1: I can't believe in letting the world know you're my nephew. I might have to erase some of this, y'all. This dude is on.
Speaker 2: Another level, right, Keep all that or send it to me.
Speaker 1: Want your own show? Want your own show. It requires me.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask youhen I use a studio. You don't be here like that.
Speaker 1: It requires work. Why it pays to keep the lights. So you got to pay to keep the lights on and to have people operating the jib and the camera and and and all of this other stuff. It ain't free. Everybody gonna pay for that.
Speaker 2: Everybody that's here. Just pay them one extra hour per time that you hear, and when you leave, I'll just have a half hour show every day.
Speaker 1: What would you do with your own show?
Speaker 2: Talk about what you might have been wrong about early on first hit or on your show. I would keep it in the family, cirtain.
Speaker 1: But how can they trust you because you don't tell the truth. You'll sit up there and act like you're against me on something just to get on my last freaking nerves. You'll do that just because I'm your uncle. No, you see what I'm saying. You wouldn't necessarily even if you agree with me, it ain't in you to admit it.
Speaker 2: You get the camera over here, we naturally disagree. Because you in your sixties, I'm in my thirties.
Speaker 1: I thought you said I was in my fifties.
Speaker 2: Fifty seven, I round or if we doing round, doofs?
Speaker 1: So that you forty?
Speaker 2: Who? Me? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Off it off? All right, Well I ain't sixty until three years from now? How are you not forty until Friday?
Speaker 2: But I'll be because come sixty three years from now, I'll be thirty six Friday. So that's over the five. So then I then you go to the next zero. I'm doing that right now with my kid. But yeah, Also, so Friday is my birthday and you ain't the lead.
Speaker 1: Grandma told me I have to take care of you. Complete torture and you love it. Damn. She