Speaker 1: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 2: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players.
Speaker 3: Everything. Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 3: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game.
Speaker 1: That's all for now, coach, one more question play than New Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine ers and Los Angeles ram scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace made responsibilit must be eighteen years or older to purchase plate or claim.
Speaker 4: And once again, can you kind of give us an example. I think you spoke by the last time, but just to kind of make it real for people, you know, in your personal experience of people that you know, what's some of the more sizable contracts that you've seen people get an example?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So one one was definitely, like I said earlier, that fifteen million dollar contract just for security services. Another lady that I know, she has a company that does logistics and she helped you find the will find lodging when you go to locations. So she has a company that certified as a DVE firm, and she just won a contract at the beginning of COVID to help help the government find lodging for people who were misplaced during COVID, And that one was like almost fifteen million dollars as well. And that's just to help people find and I think it was up in New York now that I think about it, but to help people find locations in you know, different hotels. So all she really did was sourced to find the lodging for them. Five million dollar contract just two earlier, clean and service police vehicles. Yeah, oh, I said dB. So that disadvantage Business Enterprise certification was one that she had service and just clean police vehicles.
Speaker 6: Fifteen million dollars, I meant five million dollar contract.
Speaker 4: So and would you suggest that people go for government like big government contracts or local contracts to start or both?
Speaker 5: I would say both, but local because you will not local because but local, Like it's like you said earlier, you can build those relationships, you can get into the space.
Speaker 6: At the federal level. There is a lot less.
Speaker 5: Like red tape in terms of you know, how long the process takes and how much well how long the process takes in terms of you know, actually bidding and going after these contracts. At the local level, it can be a longer process, but I definitely say local one. You have more say in what goes on locally. As a business owner, you can also be like an active participant. You spoke a little bit about, you know, politics at the local level, right you being a business owner, that's something you should definitely be worrying about at the state and at the local level.
Speaker 6: That's somewhere that you could you know, use your business influence as well.
Speaker 5: And then also ensuring that hey, you know you you promise this, we need to go through a disparity study or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 6: Make sure that you're using that at the local level.
Speaker 5: As well, so that I would definitely push people to start doing more local. We always see federal government contracting opportunities and they will always be there, but you want to solidify that space at the local level.
Speaker 3: So you gave us one side. I know last time we spoke, we were talking about SAM dot GB and that was for the federal contracts. Are there other sites that we can use to find local contracts or do we go federal? And then each state is different, right, so he said, we got okay, got you, got you.
Speaker 4: You literally just google your state or you gotta put your city in Yeah, okay, Gotcha's like all right, you know Yonkers New York contracts, right, something like that, government contracts and then.
Speaker 5: Contracts, procurement, purchasing or doing business.
Speaker 4: With because every city has its own website.
Speaker 3: But should create the data base for all of them.
Speaker 4: You're working on that, yes, yes, yes, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Right, So that way you have everything at one. All I do is type my city and then things will come up. Right. We don't have to. We wouldn't have to. We can stay save a step by type and Google and type in uh the actual city you want to go to, and then trying to find a list of sites. We have one database where city it comes all the contracts.
Speaker 4: So the first the first step is to identify your states or your town's website, go into portal and then look to see what contracts is currently out there, what's available, Get registered through the portal and then put your bidd in right, and then network and then network with the people, build the relationships and establish the line of communication and start getting money from the government hopefully if if it works out for you in that in that channels.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: That happens to all of those different agencies you talked about the government, but the poored authorities, the airports, all of those type into all of those opportunities.
Speaker 4: Okay, so yes you have we have some questions. Now we can do you have before we go to questions? Do you have anything else you wanted to add to that?
Speaker 6: No, I think that's it. I prefer the question is usually because it gives me, you know, where people want to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is this is this is another added difference from Eyo University versus the podcast where it's an interactive experience where I saw somebody say like this, ps like collegists. That's how we try to name That's how we named the Eyo University. So do the presentation speak show, you know, screen share, stuff like that. But the most value, how I learn the best is through asking questions. So similar to like how Market Monday's works, we open it up and then everybody who has a question has a chance to raise their hand the next question. So this is what we're going to go to. Now we're gonna get some questions answered.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Anthony Adams. Anthony was going on, I'm mut yourself, you've been unmuted. What's going on? What up? What's going on? Anthony? I see you unmuted, you're unmuted, but we can't hear you. Hear you?
Speaker 4: What's going on? Bro yeh damn Anthony. You couldn't couldn't get it, couldn't get his volume together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, when whenever you get it together, man, just just type me. Uh is that lately? I came to see it once again.
Speaker 4: It's like being in class sometimes when the teacher calls.
Speaker 3: On you got you ready? I have to be ready.
Speaker 4: It's extremely important.
Speaker 3: Life lesson, Khalil, we're coming to you. Mut yourself, you've been unmuted. What's going on, Khalil, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Thanks for picking on me, but uh, I beg everything she went over. I kind of I'm kind of passed that part. So I honestly just when it like like some personal like sauce like just I've probably been registered registered for like a year. I'm just not having no luck winning anything now, like so like go ahead, yeah, just like personal tips like or like you know, like something you do or something you did that betters your chances. I've been registered. I've been like, I know, you know the basis of everything. I just can't win anything.
Speaker 6: No, got it. And you've been beating on these contracts too, or you were just tell me yes.
Speaker 2: I like I said, I'm not the best of it at it.
Speaker 3: I got it.
Speaker 2: Uh. I figured it out during the pandemic, like kind of on my own through YouTube and Google after I seen something about it on Instagram. So it was kind of hard for me to like call and build them relationships and ext those certain questions because you know, a lot of stuff was closed and now everything opened it back up. I'm trying to catch up. But it's like I said, I'm not the best at bitting or trying or pricing it. That's my biggest problem pricing. And like, for example, you said the police car contract, I've seen one of those from my city and it's like I had no idea how to go about it, so I missed it.
Speaker 5: Okay, So usually your your issue is pricing. The best thing for you to do would be to see what the previous contracts were awarded for so you can request that information about you know has this contract been awarded previously? You can ask them multiple things. Has it been awarded previously? Can the previous award e also bid on this contract? That's another question you want to ask, But also ask them what was the price for that past contract if.
Speaker 6: It's never been awarded before.
Speaker 5: A way that you could also do is go through other companies to get quotes, right, ask these companies for quotes to figure out how much you know this product or services service actually costs, and then you can determine what your price or you know what your price will be based off of how much you would gain in terms of profit and how much it would cost.
Speaker 6: So that's that's like in terms of pricing, that's what I would say.
Speaker 2: Okay, I have two more questions that that's not a problem.
Speaker 4: Breaking all the rules.
Speaker 3: Goidelines, goidelines, goidelines, godlines, It's all good, God.
Speaker 2: I said, I got two more short questions questions r FI. I know that means a request for information, but what are they actually asking for? It's usually just like a bunch of stuff that's like no direct request, got it?
Speaker 5: RFIs they really just want to know what businesses are available to provide whatever this product and service is that's really just their way of checking out the landscape to see if someone is actually here. And if we put this opportunity out, will some companies actually bid on it? So the best thing for you to provide to them would be you should have a one pager each capability statement, So you want to provide that. You also want to provide just a general letter explaining your business and the products that you can provide. The products are services that you'll be able to provide to them based off of their requests.
Speaker 2: So what about subcontracting through RFI? Would I be able to give them someone else's information?
Speaker 5: You can, but the thing is, you don't want to put it as someone else's information unless uh huh, unless this is a thing, unless it's something that you will be doing in conjunction with them, or if they're asking for a sub contractor. So what you would have to do is say, hey, we can provide this product or this service, and then when the contract is actually put out based off of that RFI, when that contract is actually put out, you can add them in there as a subcontractor. But initially you just want to let them know, hey, I'm available, I can do I.
Speaker 2: Got all right last thing, purchase orders because most things are net thirty and most times, even if you do have the money, you don't want to spend your own money. Is there any ways or strategies to get funding for purchase orders until they can like pay out the contract?
Speaker 5: So there are firms who actually provide contracts on government and will provide loans on government contracts. As of right now, I don't have any direct referrals for you, but the best thing I would would to do would be, you know, used like the Google mindset in terms of figuring out what companies are out there.
Speaker 6: There are only a few of them that I know for sure.
Speaker 5: That provide loans on government contracts, But I've never gotten a loan on a contract with them, so I'm not sure how you know. You can make sure you're ask them about their terms, you know, interest rates and things like that, but the best thing would be to just google around to figure out what businesses provide loans on government contracts.
Speaker 3: Well, we appreciate you, my brother, and hopefully you got some information. It seems like there was a lot what kind of businesses you have real quickly, let me just.
Speaker 7: Personally, I have a cleaning business.
Speaker 2: But it's like always a lot of miscellaneous things that you can always be it on too in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Yes, how did I know?
Speaker 7: I was about to ask you that too?
Speaker 4: I could tell by the I could tell by the accent.
Speaker 3: Man uh.
Speaker 4: And I can tell why. I can tell why your name. Everybody in Philly got an Arabic name, and they and they speak the same. Everybody and fully speaks the same.
Speaker 7: You just got to figure it out.
Speaker 3: You got a beard?
Speaker 7: No, no, I can't.
Speaker 3: All right, brother, appreciate appreciate you appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Hold on, wait, I got a question. Capability statement. Can you just explain what that is? Can you guys spoke about that?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: So capability statement is a marketing one pager that talked about your business. So you'll outline, you know, what the work is that you do. You'll outline usually the codes, the next codes and n IGP codes are commodity codes. You'll share if your business is certified, what certifications your business have, and then also what past performance you have, so that'll show the agency exactly who you are, the work that you've done, some of the things that set your business apart from the others, which you know You can also add another section in there, which isn't always certification. Sometimes it can be that you do something you know different from the status quo and you can add that in. Those are the key differentiators. So those are the things that you will have on the capability statement. And it's a marketing one pager that you know, you send two agencies to let them know about the work that you're doing.
Speaker 3: All right, Lou Rivera, we coming to you. I'm mute yourself. You've been on muted. What's going on, Lou? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Guys? Thank you very much for choosing me. I have one quick question.
Speaker 2: To the young If you were starting a business today to try to get into government contracting, what would you choose and why?
Speaker 5: For me starting a business, my first one would be when I my first one, I'm just gonna go, I would start a business selling some commodities. One because I do service based contract work now and I would prefer to have a business that does commodities, granted that I have the capital to be able to, you know, sell these products and services to the government. I have actually had a commodity company before, or were selling like medical supplies and equipment to the government, and it was a lot smooth transition than like the service based work that I've been doing. So in terms of an industry, I would focus more on textiles and like merch any type of gear or merch or things that I could get to them, I would.
Speaker 6: Do something like that right now. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: I appreciate you. I appreciate you guys as well.
Speaker 3: I love you. Appreciate you. I appreciate you. A great question. That was a good one. I was. I was trying to figure out what commodities pharmaceuticals before let's go to Joy. Joy Ellington's going on, I meet yourself. You've been unmuted.
Speaker 8: Hello, thanks for calling on me.
Speaker 9: Of course, my family has a non for profit organization and we wanted to know how what we fit in and what type of department should we look for to help things such as youth services and local like things, gatherings and things like that. How can we assist in that way?
Speaker 10: Got it?
Speaker 6: That's a good question.
Speaker 5: So usually there aren't many well there aren't any contracts that come out for nonprofits. But what your family could do is partner with the city cities and all of the commissioners and mayors, all of those people. They have budgets that are allocated it for giving out funds to nonprofit organizations. So the best bet would be to start reaching out locally to see how you can either partner with the city to put on this function. From there you can gain some sponsorship dollars and then of course, like I said, that sponsorship money from you know, those local.
Speaker 6: Officials as well. So that's two two rounds for nonprofit.
Speaker 8: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 9: Yes, Because we do work with the youth and our main thing is to gear them towards finding their purpose. It is called vision citing purpose, and I just was really trying to pinpoint where the starts.
Speaker 8: So that helps a lot, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Also look at.
Speaker 5: The school boards. Look at the school boards in the school districts. You can do some work in that area. And then also other local nonprofits like think about the Urban League and things like that, you could partner with them Urban League they have money for you to provide some services too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, if you go to your state site and you can check out the fiscal budget and you can break it down by category. It's one of the things I was doing with before we were doing ey l I was trying to scale our summer program, and I was looking at the funding and seeing that there was a budget for these type of programs and seeing the qualifications that were needed to have the programs. It'd be interesting now to see with COVID now that the states and a lot of the local municipalities have had budget cuts due to the amount of money that they've lost during this time. So it'd be interesting to see what their budgets look like now. But that's always a good strategy, typing your state go to the budget and see where the money's being allocated. Right now, Yes, let's go to thank you. Who was that? That was Joy? Thank you so much, Joy Laval were coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been on mute. Hold on, hold on, No, we're not puting them to a panelist. Now, all right, let's go to Michael. Michael, we come to you. Mute yourself, you've been unmuted. Hold on set.
Speaker 7: Hello, Hello, Hello, there you go, Mike.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 7: Oh, what's good? What's good? It's been a long time. Was I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I've always always man.
Speaker 11: Just one question, so and I apologize. It was making dinner for part of this for the kids. But are you using any tools like gov spend or is all of this It sounds like a lot of your work is just directly through the government websites. Is there any other tools that you're using to source the contracts?
Speaker 6: So, yeah, there are a number of tools.
Speaker 5: I don't necessarily use gov spend because that one usually just shows like how much the spending data, like historical spending data.
Speaker 6: If I'm paying for a.
Speaker 5: Tool, I'm going to pay for a tool that shows contracts that are coming out and that are out at that very moment. So there are a number of different tools that are out. So I think one of them for sure that you know my team actually uses is big Prime. There's a free tool called procure Now. We use them, and our company actually just partnered with them to share those opportunity of these as well. So those are two that I primarily use.
Speaker 7: And I'm sorry, what was the first one again?
Speaker 6: Bid Prime, bid Prime?
Speaker 7: All right, I do appreciate it, of course.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's a good question. You know, I'm thinking now, like in wholesaling, there's a middle man that brings a contract from a buyer to itself. Does that happen in this space with government contract and is this is it all? It does happen all the time? Ah, so what is it's not really hosted? What is it called in this space?
Speaker 6: They call it a middleman method, That's what they call it.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's not a bad way to go if you can get somebody to drop ship before you.
Speaker 4: At the thoughts going through my brain and Max Max famously said, the middle man makes the most money in America.
Speaker 3: Think about it, Think about it? Is this, coach, kadisia, we're coming to you. I mute yourself, coach that you Yes, indeed, it's a long time, long time.
Speaker 8: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Coach?
Speaker 6: All is well as well.
Speaker 12: I see y'all every Monday.
Speaker 8: Y'all.
Speaker 3: Just I just haven't heard your voice is so little? Everything good, yes.
Speaker 8: Sir, everything is great.
Speaker 10: Everything is great.
Speaker 13: I have.
Speaker 12: First of all, I want to start with gratitude, So thank you guys for spending your Wednesday with us and sharing some information.
Speaker 8: And then secondly my question.
Speaker 12: I'm in the process of completing my family's plumbing companies dB certification for the City of Atlanta and the structure of our business we have. My mother and father are the owners of the company, but my brother runs the daily operation. So when submitting the financial information, is it best to submit that information for all three individuals or just the owners of the company.
Speaker 5: Yes, they're going to ask and request the information on all does your brother have ownership into the company.
Speaker 12: He does not have ownership. It's sixty six thirty three my father mother.
Speaker 5: They may not ask for it just because they want to know about the owner. So don't worry about the brother as of right now. Only submit the information for the owners. And then if they come back and ask you all you will be able to provide that information.
Speaker 6: But you don't want to give them too much.
Speaker 12: A friend, Okay, all right, thank you. And I had a question about a capability statement, but you already answer that. And I just want to let you guys know that his plumbing.
Speaker 8: Seales and service will be at invest Fest. I'll be the.
Speaker 3: What's on.
Speaker 4: Invest fast and that's fast as the vibe. Talk about your business if you can.
Speaker 8: Oh, absolutely so.
Speaker 12: My My family started a business in nineteen eighty one. It started at the family room table, and forty years later, we are, if not the oldest, one of the oldest black owned place in companies in the state of Georgia. My brother, A Tusk Alarm, has run the business for over two decades now. He is a third generation licensed master plumber and most recently my his oldest son, my fourteen year old nephew. He's completed his second summer as an apprentice with the company. We do eighty percent residential, twenty percent commercial. We service the entire Metro Atlanta community. Our phone number is four zero four six nine six three one seven five again four zero four six nine six three one seven five. We do everything from your toilet to your shower to your sink, and we're most recently adding acceptic tank truck to our fleet.
Speaker 4: You have it and you will be at invest fast clapping up for that.
Speaker 6: Oh there it is.
Speaker 12: Thank you guys so much, and thank you so much for the value.
Speaker 3: The coach, love coach. We'll see you. We'll see you out here.
Speaker 4: Biggest in the game and best playing with us. Monumental moments, monumentous Absolutely, it will absolutely be Tyrrell.
Speaker 3: We are coming to you. I know you was unuta before. Thanks for being patient. Hopefully you got together. I'm mut yourself. You've been ummuted, man.
Speaker 14: No, no doubt man, no doubt. First off, I just want to say, YO, appreciate y'all. Ever since I stumbled across your podcast and just like YO, these dudes.
Speaker 7: Is doing it.
Speaker 3: They I'll just join E y L you my dog Yo.
Speaker 7: They doing it man.
Speaker 14: But uh, my question is I am studying to get my dad coming after Godesia. Sorry if I butchered your name, but I'm studying to get my electrical license. I'm a union electrician in Jersey. So as far as government contracting, like, once I do get my electrical license and establish my company, is it, is it like ideal to go after these kind of contracts or get some work under my belt first then try to go out for these kind of contracts.
Speaker 5: So I would say do a combination of both, Right, try to try to get some work under your boat first in that corporate space, but also look at it from the aspect of what prime companies, what bigger contractors can I subcontract with to provide his work. So specifically for electrical work, I had a contract to work with Semens to Seemens Mobility to locate a subcontractor for them who did electrical work and they had to be certified as a dve, So that's exactly why I resonate with both stories that have recently.
Speaker 3: Ernest What's Up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, or seats of digital tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, But understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 15: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With INDEED sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 5: And tod but just that subcontract along with seventy thousand dollars right, So, there are ways that you can you know, both get experience in this space while also you know, doing that work on the opposite end of it with the corporate So do both. That's my recommendation for sure.
Speaker 14: Word appreciate that now. Quick side question, Uh, I know majority of Tom's a lot of places like or a lot of of anything in general require licensing. Do you think I should first get the license or like try to bid before I get my license.
Speaker 6: If you don't have.
Speaker 5: A company that's a license that you can partner with, get the license first because you won't be able to do the work without getting license.
Speaker 6: And then also thinking about.
Speaker 5: It from an electrical standpoint, you'll probably still end up having to partner with the company because along with that work comes a requirement for bunding and things like that. So you can do you know, you can wait, wait till you get your license or actually find a company that you can partner with to do that work.
Speaker 14: So I appreciate you and appreciate y'all selecting me. Yo, y'all keep doing what y'all do, and I definitely appreciate.
Speaker 7: All of your love.
Speaker 3: Bro shout the jersey jersey. Yes, sir, let's see what we got. Let's see what we got, Dante Coleman, we can to you. I'm the self. You be muted?
Speaker 7: Hey, how you're dumb?
Speaker 3: Were good?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: Are you good?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 7: Appreciate it for calling on me.
Speaker 16: I got, I got a couple, I got some flowers, A question and the advice if that's cool. I don't want to be breaking no guidelines whichever all do you want to go in?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 16: I want I want to get the flowers that all y'all, you and the whole team like I've been I've been, you know, studying, watching y'all since last year. A joint you e y L dude, I'm from Philly too, and the amount of people that you mean, when they see me with rock walking around with your hoodies like they y l, it'd be a whole networking with them. I mean, it's like that's what it's all about you. I mean, given given, I wish when I was going to school, I had, you know, ones that look like y'all that I could relate to and and really get me really Brad grasps everything that y'all taking this. So yeah, I definitely want to appreciate you and your old team and keep doing with y'all.
Speaker 3: Don't like everybody else said, appreciate it.
Speaker 16: Appreciate Your question is, uh, I'm in the I'm in the truck and industry, and I'm registered to do it the bid, but I was wondering, do I have to have my uh my dot register if I'm not uh taking picking up the louds or because I plan on having another company of you know, pick up the loads or whatever and delivering, so you'll.
Speaker 6: Need that company's dot information.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want to know that somebody can do it, so if you've been on it without the information, they'll probably end up throwing your proposal out because you don't have the authority to do it.
Speaker 16: Okay, okay, cool, Well and do my do I have to be registered as a different entity or like, do do I have to put that down like I'm not or I just need to submit the info?
Speaker 6: And wait, do you have to pitch one down? I'm sorry?
Speaker 16: All right, So so long as I have their dot number, like the way that I'm registered now is no uh specific way that I needed to have it my business structure. So do I have to be as like an agent not not an agent?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 16: A dispatcher, I should say, or a broker or an agent or yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah you can.
Speaker 5: You can keep it that way, and just make sure you use the dispatcher so you can say that you you're a dispatcher and you provide you have you know, companies who can provide this service and then for example, you can use that company as one of your subcontractors.
Speaker 6: Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 16: I got you, yep, yep. Personally and the advices I got to I'm in the trucking and I do uh engrave. A matter of fact, I'm the one that did the puzzle.
Speaker 3: Oh, appreciate that just seeing that. Appreciate that was love, bro. Yeah, we need that.
Speaker 4: I just need the I just need a hairline on that.
Speaker 3: Oh look look I.
Speaker 16: Did my best. I took that joone off of Google so and market market Monday. You said you sent the main man in the barbershop the uh the depict, I commented, you know, I need that pick too.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I can't get this information. Send us your information and.
Speaker 3: Send it to us. We'll get it to you. Get to you, Okay, back back your ceiling and son.
Speaker 16: So yeah, that's so.
Speaker 7: That's me and my daughter. Business is called d n A Creations.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 16: I'm teaching her, you know, how to, how to you know, do designs and all that.
Speaker 4: But my advice is, should I.
Speaker 16: Go into the UH doing the trucking or should I look for government contracts as far as UH provided merch with that?
Speaker 4: What what would you do?
Speaker 6: Why can't you do both?
Speaker 3: I like I like them both, man, I think. But I think what you got with the puzzles is special. Man. I haven't seen somebody that that's the first time I saw. I mean, we had the chess board, but to have the creative ability to actually create a puzzle out of a piece of art, I think it's unique. I think I think you got a niche right there.
Speaker 4: He made a puzzle out of our emojis, really really dope.
Speaker 16: And then and and another thing I was gonna do. I was gonna I want to wait it, but I'm gonna put the first one hundred shoes on on. I'm engraved at on the board. I mean, whatever else you want. Knowing that Jon and hopefully make that you on that n f T. You know.
Speaker 3: See there we gote thinking, Hey, Dante Khalil, he from Philly too, he said, link him in the chat. Bro, Sir, sir, you.
Speaker 16: Can take down my number, my email, that's school whatever, let's network, let's go. I need to get down and invest best too.
Speaker 3: Yes, sent me what's your what's your email? Bro?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 3: In chat in the chat? All right, cool, appreciate send it right to us, send it to the panelist. All yeah, yeah, appreciate you.
Speaker 4: What's the name of your business real quick? The puzzle puzzle business?
Speaker 16: H d n A. That's d n A d Underscore and Underscore A Creations. Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's on I J yeah. And it's me and my daughter. D n A is Dante and Angel and uh, you know, the d n A are genetics there.
Speaker 3: You have it all right, brother, appreciate you, bro.
Speaker 7: Appreciate y'all.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, for sure, listen and thank you very much much, thank you.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: We gotta just take a pause break to to keep things in perspective, and we gotta pay how much to the institution at ey L h it's very it's a very rare occasion. Like you know, we gotta bring you market Mondays every Monday.
Speaker 3: We do this.
Speaker 4: You know, people get to ask questions. It's a new way to learn, and it's providing information and it's revolutionary and it's not something that has been done before.
Speaker 3: So we appreciate all the support.
Speaker 4: But sometimes when you get caught up in a moment, you don't fully appreciate what is actually being offered. And in my humble opinion, ey L is offering is second to none in history, historical you really gotta you know, there's a lot of information that has been given away for the last two two and a half years.
Speaker 3: So appreciate it.
Speaker 4: But you know, sometimes we just have to say say that it's very important.
Speaker 3: I gotta do it. Gotta do it, man, No place on earth, no place on earth like it it's gonna be difficult. It's gonna be telling and soul separately. I know that. Hey, Dot, I just hit you in any DM bro, so uh, send me an info right there. Let's see what we got. Let's Jessica. We're coming to you. I hope you ready. Jessica was going on yourself. You've been unmuted. Hey guys, Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 17: I just want to say send my gratitude as well, thank you for everything. I've been following you guys since the beginning. I have put everybody that I know on, from my sisters to family members.
Speaker 8: So hopefully they see me.
Speaker 17: And uh they see that I'm actually applying and using the information and not just being entertained as well.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, appreciate you.
Speaker 8: My question was my.
Speaker 17: Friend and I we started in the bet planning business, and I just wanted to know if she recommends us going through the local route to to see if we can generate some CLIENTEAU that way, or should we are there also federal contracts that we can go through. I know that there's like elections and things like that when it comes to event planning.
Speaker 5: Yes, definitely local if you want to get into that political space. And you know, so much money is spent on elections, right we I think we've seen the number, so much money is spent in that space. Starting local with the event planning, it works one because you can be there, you can physically set up these spaces, and you can build a reputation off of you know, your work alone in these spaces. When people go to these spaces, they'll ask, you know, who hosted the event, who did this?
Speaker 6: Who did that?
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 5: You want your name to rain bills in spaces like this, You want to be that local go to for these products. I mean for this event planning service. So I definitely recommend local for.
Speaker 6: Event and planning.
Speaker 3: There you have it. You there, Jessica, I think she's muted, but.
Speaker 17: Thank you guys so much. We're New York based, so a y y'all hit us up these altered the.
Speaker 3: Core part New York.
Speaker 8: We're Queen's based. Queens get everywhere.
Speaker 17: We just did an event in Harlem and then we shot over to the Bronx mixer for e y l.
Speaker 4: Oh, shoot me your information. I gotta check it out for sure.
Speaker 8: Thank you guys so much, Take care, thank you.
Speaker 3: Let's see. Let's see victorm we coming to you. You ready on mute yourself? You've been unmuted. What's going on? I love the vibe? Everybody got businesses? What's going on?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 18: First, I want to say thank you a shot. I went to the Bronx. I don't know if you remember me, but uh, I one goal. I told you, hey, I got one goal in my mind, and let's to see if I could get a for university for scholarship. And you gave it to me. I had to hit you up through Instagram a couple of times.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that your volume to my valuum down, turn you volume locate.
Speaker 4: He came and met me in the Bronx and he said he needs a scholarship, and I said, let's do it.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: So you know, anytime somebody, really I shouldn't even say this now, everybody's.
Speaker 3: Gonna run up on.
Speaker 4: You see me in the street, man, you see me in the street. You know, I try to just be a man of the people. So if you need, if you need any help or assistance or scholarship, you know, we definitely, you know, try to make our best to accommodate it. So welcome brother. I'm happy that you're here and what's your question?
Speaker 18: My question is I'm starting. I'm starting. Well, I'm a musician. I like to do music, I do hip hop, and I don't have like a business. Really, I have been confused and what to really start with. So I thought about maybe selling shirts and sweaters just to start there. And my question was, how what is the best way to start? Because I'm looking at online just websites where I can just make a design and put it on the shirt and sell it through there.
Speaker 7: Is that the best idea to start?
Speaker 3: That's actually exactly what we did. Like we went we found a distributor on Printfull. We did a whole episode about it. But yeah, we had a bunch of designs, but we just didn't have the capital to put it on a merch And so the thing with print for was all we had to do was create design, they would create create the merch, and they would actually distribute it for us. So we saved us a lot of money. But we realized as we grew and we scaled, we were losing money because we were selling a lot of merch but the percentages were so low on our profit. But we had to start somewhere, so if you want to start somewhere that's low cost, print fills a great option and as you scale, then you start looking at all, right, well, how can I have more of a profit margin from the actual merchan that I'm using. That's exactly what we did though, Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check that episode out. If anybody has questions about merch, check our merch episode out. We gave our whole blueprint on our journey and merch, which is not as easy as it seems. It's a lot of moving parts when it comes to merch, and we made a lot of a lot of mistakes. So we learned from those mistakes and we put it in the podcast. You know episode that was thing.
Speaker 3: It's like eighty nine. Yeah, you can just check it out.
Speaker 4: But that merch episode is very, very vital to anybody that's interested in merch.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: All right, bro, appreciate you. Let's see what we got here. Stan, we're coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been on muted. What's going on?
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, that's going everything's great again. I had a question for the young lady.
Speaker 13: I heard you, and some contracts need to be burnded how does how do you go about getting blinded? Because I've dealt with the government contracts previously, and a lot of the bigger contracts you needed to be burned.
Speaker 7: So how do we go about doing that?
Speaker 6: Yes, so usually it's two ways.
Speaker 5: One, some of the cities and counties they'll have funds associated with them, they'll have bunding capacity that you'll be able to go through those different government institutions to do it. But then also there are always companies who can help you or provide like some bunding capacity. So I do have some referrals for some companies that can do that. If you message me, I can definitely share that information with you. Just go to message me on Instagram at WA and I can send you that information for those bund those companies that can help you get bunded.
Speaker 7: Okay, well, what's your Instagram all.
Speaker 6: The time as g O V L I A.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, okay, we'll do it all right.
Speaker 4: Everybody on YouTube, if you could do me a favorite and hit the like button, please like this video. If you're watching on YouTube, please hit the like button. Coup let's get a couple more questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, episode episode one on nine for the Merchant. I know it wasn't note it wasn't one on nine. The Merch episode is episode one oh nine the Merch. That's the title.
Speaker 6: March.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's fitting, very fitting. I thought we have Malikiya on there, but she actually put her hand down. All you want to take a YouTube joint? No more questions? Yeah, I think everybody's hand is done.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, no, that's good, perfect timing. Actually, uh no, you do not have to be a member of EYL to it to attend invest Fest, but EYL members do get a forty percent discount want to invest Fest. Okay, so that was a lot of information. I want to want.
Speaker 3: Got one one more after this, after you, Govanda, let's go Javanda. We're coming to you. What's going on on yourself? You've been unmuted one more, sir, you gotta tell your value to your volume of Please, gentlemen and lady, can you hear me, I'm gonna turn my thing up to the match, but it's very low.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we can hear you, but it's kind of like real, real, far away, but we'll try to make it out. What's your question?
Speaker 10: Good evening, I appreciate you guys, and taking my question. My question is am I limited to my parish or county as far as saying local or cannot venture out to surrounding counties or parishes?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 3: Good question.
Speaker 6: No, you are not limited.
Speaker 5: Make sure you venture out as far as you can go in that immediate area. Try to make sure you're doing business with all of them. So no, you are not limited in any way.
Speaker 6: Thank you, welcome, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. All right, that's it, that's the last one, all right, glorious.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so I want to I want to give Shakiya an opportunity to tell her information. Well, first, we want to thank you for coming on. I'm sure we'll do more work together in the future. But can you please let the people know everything you have going on in your website and your Instagram because I see a couple of people had asked for your Instagram handle and your website, so yeah, can you team give them that information?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: So I am on Instagram at g o v l i A. And that's also the website, so it was g o v l i A. That's where you can.
Speaker 6: Reach me at.
Speaker 5: So again website g l I A dot com and Instagram g O v l i A so GOVERLYA. That's where I am government Liaison's remember that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, And she also teaches people this stuff in more detail, so all the information is on her website and Instagram. Really really knows everything that she's talking about, very very sharp. And once again, this is something that we do once a week for Eyo University. So if you're interested in joining Eyo University, we have these classes once a week and at archived we have one hundred over one hundred past classes. We have biweekly real estate calls and MG Mortgage God monthly financial planning calls with me. We have a movie club, book club headed up by Troy. We have a private investment group on Facebook. So over eight thousand earners at in Eil University right now, fifteen Infinity groups and it's really a dope community where people you know come together and learn and interactive experience like you saw today, we'll get to ask questions. So if you're interested, you can click the link e y l University dot com. It's penned on here and invest Fest. Invest Fest is August twenty seventh to August twenty ninth a three day event August. The Friday event is for VIP right now, we have Neo who's going to be performing, and then we are working on a legendary entrepreneur that we will have a fireside chat with on Friday. Then it will be a private networking event on Friday as well with us in like fifty alumni, and then Saturday and Sunday are in the general days and it's going to be a mix of panel discussions, fireside chats, live podcasts. We will be covering topics from crypto to real estate, to stocks, taxes of state, planning, insurance, VC, a long list of different things.
Speaker 3: We will have.
Speaker 4: Some of your favorites will be there. Hill Harper, m You, the mortgage guy, Wall Street trapper, Ian John Henry shout out to my boy Fabulous. He will be performing. Jim Jones will be there to talk about crypto, capital, coins, business, talk about taxes, a long list of other people. All the information is on the website. So if you're interested in joining us at invest Fest, go to invest fest dot com. And this is gonna be a one time thing. It's not like a one time a year thing. Week it's not traveling, it's gonna be That's why it's it's the festival, two hundred small business vendors, food vendors. So yeah, it's gonna be something that we do every single year and it right now it looks like Atlanta's going to be the home of it. And Atlanta's gonna be the home of it at the place the last weekend of the summer, the last weekend of August. So yeah, we would love to love to see you guys there, and we got a bunch of other people we haven't even announced yet that's gonna come. But it's gonna be a dope experience, man, a lot of alumni, a lot of people that you guys are familiar with, some people that you might not be familiar with, and we're gonna be talking about a bunch of different things, a bunch of different topics, and it's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be an experience. It's gonna be one of those moments that you don't want to miss. Monument is historical. Somebody told me Kwameacu. We had this conversation. He said, the interesting thing about what's happening with EYL is that it's being documented. So we look at the Hall on Renaissance and we had to read about it, but there wasn't any footage of it, right, it was just pictures. And he was like, you know what, this is the new renaissance and it's being documented. So I employ everybody to be a part of this process because we put a lot of work into it and everybody. It's for everybody's benefits. So I look forward to seeing everybody. I look to recording videos and your phones and taking pictures and all that. I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 4: Somebody said, Jim Jones learned from nineteen Keys. Funny you say that nineteen Keys will be there as well. We're probably gonna have Jim Jones and nineteen Keys together for a panel. That would make sense since then they're good friends. So you know, you never know what could happen. No virtual right now, because we really want to make it an in person experience. So no virtual experience for this. This is only in person, so you know, hopefully if you can make it, it's gonna be it's gonna be an experience. To remember that is a fact. Yes, Friday is for VI I P only in the hotel. Information We are working on that. We'll probably have an announcement early next.
Speaker 3: Week about that, So shout out to everybody that's that's coming down to Atlanta to be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so thank you guys for joining us. The replay will be available on YouTube. If you haven't watched the whole thing, make sure you fo you telling me Instagram again.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's g O.
Speaker 9: V L I A.
Speaker 5: And oh I forgotten to mention that we will be launching a podcast talking about government contract and too called government coins strictly government contracting government coins, so I had to take a page out of the book.
Speaker 4: Of you have it. Welcome to the Welcome to the world of podcasting facts. So no, that's that's dope. Looking forward to that. Let us know the updates. Thank you, Thank you guys for for for watching this, and it will probably be up on podcast outlets as well on Friday. So yeah, all right, guys, you got some information. We'll see you Saturday Saturday for investment group chat with me and Troy for E y L University And yeah, what's happening with you guys?
Speaker 3: Love y'all. Peace.
Speaker 15: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use indeed, stop struggling to get your job post seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the pay for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need