Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take us look at some of the stocks on the move today. We can do that with Bloomberg's or Melinda nor What are you looking at looking.
Speaker 4: At shares of Costco right now in trading, that's take our cost We are seeing shares falling as much as four point one percent. This is their worst day that we're seeing since June of this year. So we saw the company report at quarterly profit that was better than expectations, but it seems as though people are kind of viewing the report as overall very mixed. I mean, truest is saying that while they are leading to a lot of the exclusive shopping hours and Instacart credit are leading toward a significant number of trade ups, Costco's evaluation makes it challenging to put fresh money to work. So we are seeing some pressure right now on the stock in trading today as people really digest those results that we saw.
Speaker 3: Hot talking a coke two and fifty cent that hasn't.
Speaker 4: Pizza the pizza fantastic I mean, I like to swing in there and get a slice. Okay, not too bad.
Speaker 1: Those are all lost leaders for Costco because they know everything else the price point is at least ten dollars. Let's talk a little bit about pharma companies, starting with the biggest, Eli Lilly.
Speaker 4: Yes, keeping eyes on Eli Lily today, that's ticker l l Y. And of course this is after the news that we've been seeing regarding tariffs, as has been very topical as of late here. So we were looking at US drug makers in particular because President Donald Trump said that he announced a plan to impose a one hundred percent tariff on branded and patented drug imports, and so he did include exemptions for companies with US manufacturing. So, as you would expect, you are seeing a bit of a tailwind here for these US homegrown pharmaceutical companies. But it seems as though you guys will be digging into that a bit more as elly. Yeah, so what that will look like here, But we are seeing a bit of pop and shares here for Eli Lilly up as much as two percent right now in trading.
Speaker 3: All right, how about some of the home furnishing companies. They're also I don't know where that came from. Why does you have a problem with the furniture, I.
Speaker 4: Mean more tears, more tears here. So looking at shares of furniture retailers, as you mentioned right now, our H is one of the names that I have in focus here that's ticker RH makes it pretty easy for you there. Shares are down as much as four percent in trading today and this is really just pressure that we're seeing hariffs or Donald Trump announced that the US will enact new tariffs on imported kitchen cabinets, bathroom vanityes, and other home products next week. So, I mean, we do know that the CEO of URH has been a critic of Trump's trade policy. They are seeing the stock fall as much as four percent as I'm saying today that we're seeing here on this Friday, So lotus to kind of keep an eye on as we're looking at the furniture retailers and where tariffs are really ricocheting into different sectors here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, certainly bad news for most people because I can't think of that many pieces of furniture that are made on a large scale inside the US.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, is what we were just talking about, the fact that so many furniture stores are down south North Carolina, Virginia, but much of it really a lot of the materials being imported.
Speaker 2: Here the Stockmovers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.