Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, welcome back Earn your Leisure Virtual Edition. This is a very interesting and special episode, something that I think is extremely timely. It's always timely, but especially during this time of social distancing. We talk about, you know, financial wellness and even physical wellness, but mental wellness something that's not really highlighted enough, and it's extremely important. All goes hand in hand as far as finances and being an entrepreneur is one of the most stressful careers that you can actually pick.
Speaker 2: The number one ass that you need is your health.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So today we have we're going to combine all of that. We have an entrepreneur who is also in the mental health space. The first time we've ever really covered mental health and depth.
Speaker 5: And something that we don't talk about in our community enough. So I'm happy that we have somebody here to highlight it today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: So David mccullor out of Detroit, from Detroit, right, yeah, shot shout out to Detroit. Got a out of Lovey Ken, Yeah yeah, out in Detroit. Top out there for sure. So David is interested. I said, he's an entrepreneur and he has a company called Inception, which is actually a mental wellness It's a variety of different things. It's an actual a physical facility and it actually just reading it. I'll let him explain it better than I can, but it attacks it. I don't want to say attack. It approaches mental health from a whole different standpoint.
Speaker 5: I'd like to call it, and maybe you can take Maybe you guys call it this a sent a wellness enterprise.
Speaker 6: Well, we call it the first mental health gym.
Speaker 4: Mental health gym.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's something that so let's start right there, because that's what I really caught my attention because usually it's a mental health clinic, mental health facility, even like a mental hospital. Right, I've never heard of it a mental gym. You think of gym. You think of like exercise and working out, physical gym. So it was interested when you said mental health gym. So what does that mean? What's a mental health gym?
Speaker 7: Well, the reason why I came up with a term mental health gymist because I wanted to normalize the actual process for everyday people to come in and take care of their number one thing we have is our mind, right, but there is nothing for this the everyday average person. When we talk about mental health, we always talk about you know, the aunt who's schizophrenic or something like that. We go to this very extreme, but we don't understand that seventy to ninety percent of doctor's business or due to stress related illnesses. So all of your issues that's happening right now is based on stress and anxiety, and well stress anxiety is just a symptom of stress, but stress and trauma. So I wanted to create something in my first business, you know, kind of going back in two thousand and seven, because I personally suffer from anxiety, depression, and panic attacks.
Speaker 6: And from that standpoint.
Speaker 7: I was personally looking for something to help me overcome what I was dealing with. But at that time, there's only two resources really available to us.
Speaker 6: Typically is taught therapy and the other is medication.
Speaker 7: And that's when I first I found my first technology that we use called brainwave viptimization.
Speaker 6: Brain training is the other term for.
Speaker 7: It, and that helped me overcome my anxiety by fifty percent just in one day. Pharmacology can't even get those types of results. And this is all alternative based technology is not considered in the mental or the medical field. So in discovering that technology and having that experience for myself that me and my dad brought that technology, which first one is to bring it back to Michigan, and we first started was called Neurofitness Center. So really the mental health Gym is just an extension of that foundation.
Speaker 6: That we started in two thousand and seven, and.
Speaker 7: So Inception is just it was a name and it's like, well, I need to put a title to it that to call the people to underst fan that, Hey, you go to the physical gym, like you do something for your in.
Speaker 2: There, your inner sell I think you said something something brilliant. You said.
Speaker 5: A lot of people across the country they look at gyms opening up, right, and a lot of people work on the outside appearance, but they forget about the inside appearance. And it really just means that there's a lack of something inside that makes you want to have the outside be validated more than it should be. It was when you took that into mind right and creating inception and thought about the brain training, how what took the technique? Where'd you get this from? Because you didn't initially study science, right.
Speaker 7: No, my back My background is an information technology. So but the brain is really like like the Internet, and then universes like the Internet, they all mimic each other. So so I've kind of understood networks and I understood that I understood neuroplasticity and neuro's plasticity is the idea that your brain can actually change itself. Because growing up, we taught we were taught that. We all probably heard it, you can't teach your old dog new tricks. Well, that really conditioned us to understand that once something was set, you're pretty much stuck with that pattern. There's nothing you can do about it. That's always been the conversation. But that's that's not true. Your brain is constantly changing and developing. The problem is we continue to do the same pattern so we get the same results. Right. So, yeah, we found that technology, and I found it out of Arizona, and it's just some amazing people out here that's been doing amazing things in the alternative world, but you never hear about it because it's not in mainstream medical society. So I was really kind of like on a cusp on an out as an outlier out here with you know, these people in the alternative world, and looked at it in a specific way. But now you fast forward thirteen years later, you hear everybody know who doctor Sabe was. I knew who doctor Saby was thirteen years ago, but you didn't hear that story because that story was suppressed because look, it's money and sickness, not necessarily in being well.
Speaker 3: So can we talk about your journey as far as so two thousand and five, you suffered from severe anxiety, painic attacks, depression, and insomnia.
Speaker 4: Right, So where did that just happen overnight?
Speaker 3: Or was that something that you always kind of struggle with and just kind of got worse as you became older.
Speaker 6: Or yeah, so kind of like both.
Speaker 7: I always try to take people and then understand the trauma paradigm and understanding that we've all experienced trauma in our lives. The problem is when we talk about trauma, we always think about it from a you know, someone was in a car accident and somebody was raped or something like that. But trauma is anything that's overwhelming to your nervous system. You could have been, you know, coming down the slide as a kid and then your dad or your mom forgot to catch you and you failed, and all of a sudden you're traumatized by that. So it can take very small instances that can overwhelm your system, you know, and then on how your system sees a threat. So you take a look at I tell people, they say, what happened to you? I say, well, I was born. The moment you're born, your a trauma clock starts ticking. You start to you know, experience world in an unsafe way, and anytime your brain feels unsafe, it's going to go into the fight flight freeze response to protect you.
Speaker 6: So that's all trauma is.
Speaker 7: Trauma is is nothing but a defense mechanism based on lack of safety. So I've had you know, you go into school, we are at one point in time either we were bullied in school or we were to bully, and those two things stem from you know, a lack of safety. Right, So going to school, you know, you have instances in school, and then growing up, I was in a couple of car accidents and really is no one event for me that took me to that one place. It just was accumulation of everything to the point where now my system can no longer adapt and now I'm having panic attacks and anxiety and depression. But when people come to me and they say they have these symptoms, always go back, Okay, what happened before? What happened when you start getting these symptoms, and it's all you can trace it back to that trauma.
Speaker 3: So you you spoke about as far as a technique, I forget what it's called, but it's the brain.
Speaker 4: It's altered. Yeah, yeah, is what exactly is that?
Speaker 7: So brain training is a computer software is the technical term is called neuro feedback.
Speaker 6: Neuro feedback have been around for thirty years.
Speaker 7: So back to that trauma concept where your brain is going to go into a state of defense based on what you're up against, right, and.
Speaker 6: It's going to protect you.
Speaker 7: Now, this is all instinctual, It has nothing to do with you. You know, your brain is going to react, just like if it starts to get warm in this room, in your room, you may start to sweat, but you didn't turn the sweat glands on right like, so your body, your body is hardwired and coded.
Speaker 6: To protect you.
Speaker 7: So but after the event is over, after the stressful traumatic event is over, your brain becomes locked down in that pattern, still protecting you from stuff that happened years ago. So the neuro feedback is allowing your brain is replacing sensors on the scalp and it's all read only. It's not electroshock therapy, so it's no juice going into the sensors. So it's picking up the brainwave of activity in real time sends it to the computer software, and the computer software it begins to send back these this information to the brain. Where you listen to you listening to music and there's these skips, pauses and interrupts in the music. And what that is those skips, pauses and interrupts is when your brain is going into these patterns of like what I spoke about before, of stress and trauma, and the brain becomes aware of itself. So if I say, hey, you got something on your face right here, what do you do? You're going to go and try to get it off your face because you want to be optimal. Well, the same thing happens to the brain when it's able to observe itself. So the brain training is really acting as a mirror, so the brain can see itself and the brain can change itself. The brain changes itself by moving from a state of anxiety, stress, trauma to a state of relaxation because now the brain recognizes, hey, the threat is gone.
Speaker 6: It's not even in front of us anymore.
Speaker 7: Why are we still acting as if that threat is still present. So we have clients will come in and they'll do you know, brain training in one session and they'll end up in tears. Why is it because now the brain finally let go of everything that was hold on to and the body is now going to a relaxed state and that the emotions have a surface.
Speaker 3: Okay, So as far as you know, turn it into an actual business, right, because you decided to try not only help people, would actually build out a whole brand about it. What was the deciding fact then? How did that come about? As far as all right, so you you had some issues and then you actually seek help yourself and it worked out for you. And now you actually want to turn that into something where you're helping other people, Like what's the process into actually incorporating it and actually making it something that you want to make it to a enterprise.
Speaker 7: So when we created the first business neuro fitness center, you know, we were using that technology. So we became affiliates of that technology and again we brought that back here and was the first ones and we only had one one technology at that time. And when we were out in Arizona, me and my dad, we saw all these people come in. None of us, when I mean us, none of none of no black people was there other than the FedEx guy delivering stuff. Right, So me and my dad the only people there, and we're seeing people come in through like lunch breaks and things of that nature.
Speaker 6: And we started talking.
Speaker 7: To a lot of them and the results that they were getting was amazing, and it was it was like our results. So we felt like this is this is something that people really needed. And but we were really naive because we thought, as you know, just me and my dad were thinking as entrepreneurs and thinking, oh, this could really help people and people would want it, but people didn't really want it.
Speaker 5: That was that was That was my next thing. It was like, there's a stigma, especially in our community around mental health. It's not something we want to talk about, like like you said, it's like, oh that's my that's my uncle who lives in that room, and don't mess with them. And how did you how did you get around that stigma and combat that when you were going on this journey.
Speaker 7: You know, honestly, I didn't even I didn't even recognize the stigma.
Speaker 6: I just knew that I had an issue. I was an entrepreneur.
Speaker 7: I got a tool to help me, and I was helping other people. And we had clients coming in so I never really looked at it as a as an issue, but along the way I started recognizing that when we even just offered it free to our family, like, they wouldn't even come in. So I was like, what, what's what's wrong? Why don't why don't you come in? And it's not just that it was a stigma. It's because people have an association to their pain, where you know, an unfamiliar gain is greater than a familiar you know gain, So a familiar pain is greater than unfamiliar gain. So people will want to stay in that pattern because like, well, I know this pain and I don't know what's on the other side of this, but I'm familiar with this, so I'd rather stay in this pattern. That is a psychological term that's out there. It's a secondary gain. They actually receive something from staying in the states that they're in. You'll see people who will constantly complain about having all these different things, but you'll see that they won't actually take a steps to do anything about it. So that's kind of like thing that we've been kind of up against for the last thirteen years. So to really answer the question, I've just really stayed the course for the last thirteen years to you know how three you know, how truth goes through those three stages versus violently opposed, second is highly ridiculed, and thirdly it is wildly accepted. Well, we're going on a wildly accepted stage. I just happen to be still doing what I've been doing thirteen years ago and evolveding along with you know, the consciousness as it moves towards that.
Speaker 3: So as far as you know, you know, you have the thirty five hundred square for facility, and I would assume that building out a mental wellness facility or mental wellness company in general, it would be kind of hard to get financing because, like you said, especially in our community, black community, it's not something that we really acknowledge. Even a lot of people still don't even acknowledge mental illness, and it's not something that we talk about, and it's not something that you know, people don't really go.
Speaker 4: To therapists that much.
Speaker 3: So like, how is that journey as far as like financing, Like how was you able to get financing and actually, you know, get people excited and rally behind a business that there's definitely a need for. But like I said, it's not really like a popular thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I'll talk to you about all the pitfalls along the way, because I want people to have a very clear picture that this is not like easypasy, right. So when we first started, it was just me and my dad and he put up his own money for whatever technology we needed at a time, and we had like eleven hundred square feet. And so along the way, again I kept looking at different things because I still needed to get better myself. And there's no one tool that just takes you to the promised land. You know, you need, you know, a multitude of tools. If you go to the gym, if that gym just has a bench press, I mean you're out of there, right, So we need multiple tools.
Speaker 6: So along the way, I just kept taking.
Speaker 7: The money that we were making and reinvesting it back into the business and adding different technologies. But it started really taking off the twenty fourteen when I added one of our most popular services called flotation therapy.
Speaker 6: And flotation therapy.
Speaker 7: Have been really growing around the world, and so that one service. By adding that one service, my business start to really skyrocket, and people started going out there and making what's called float centers. But because I had my background and what I was doing in the beginning. I knew that just having a center with one tool eventually wasn't going to be the thing, right, It wasn't going to work.
Speaker 6: We had a gym here years ago, it's.
Speaker 7: Called Fitness USA, and they had these lifetime memberships, and this is before all the gyms started really popping up around nineteen ninety nine. And what I saw too was happening is that places like Valleys and Fitness La Fitness and they start coming on board, and what do they start doing?
Speaker 6: Add more amenities, right, add more services.
Speaker 7: So I kind of took that same approach and said, you know, if you just got one service, as these these wellness based technologies come out, and you have no philosophy or rhyme or reason of what you're doing, you know it's going to be hard to survive that. And that's really what's been happening. You see people with these one tools and they really don't even know how they work. So I had the framework and understanding of what it is that we were actually doing, to the point where I had a medical doctor come and do some floating and he said, you know, I want to open up something and this was what our neual fitness center of business, and we went and opened my full fledged concept up in ann Arbor. So we did that and that's how I Actually that was an investor that came in that put that money up. But then we start having problems with that investor and we had to go through a lawsuit with that investor and next you know, I'm out of that location. Long story short, So anybody who thinks about going to loss to sue someone, specifically if it's a medical doctor. If you if you're of color, that's probably not the best thing to do. You know, you're probably not gonna win that fight. But and not winning that fight, it was a great situation for me because I had already learned, you know, how to build out, do a build out, and I already had multiple people coming at me wanting to do more things because they saw the model that we had and understood it. And so I moved away from that and started fresh and just started an inception at the beginning of something new.
Speaker 5: At that point, you have the brain training and then the flotation device, flotation therapy.
Speaker 6: Six different services at that time.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, so my quick question about the brain training. Is I want the difference between that and meditation or are they combined?
Speaker 2: Like, what's the difference is there?
Speaker 7: So meditation is simply closing your eyes and observing yourself so that you become self aware of your thought problem. Right, Well, meditation can be really hard for people whose nervous system again you're stuck in that fight or flight response, that fighter flight or freeze response. So when you close your eyes you try to meditate, it's like your mind is just racing and it just feels you feel very overwhelmed by trying to meditate. So the brain training is not necessarily a meditation to it. It's really and this is what's trying to take place with meditation as well as just a slower moving process. But brain training is like that meditation on steroids where it's really it's deactivating your autonomic nervous system, which has to do with that fight or flight response. So when it comes to mental health, I don't look at it from a psychological standpoint, and that's where most people look at it at and your authorities on the subject matter shows you that these are brain body issues that we have within what's the mental health is brain body issues so again that brain training is really looking at the structure of your brain and body and deactivating that versus having it go after you in a conscious way.
Speaker 6: So did that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, man, the issue is in the tissues, right.
Speaker 3: So you said, so I want to go back to the gym. So that's interesting though, because you know gyms, they do have a unique business model and like you said, I mean they have different, you know, different things, Like you go to a gym and they might have a yoga class and they have a spend class. They don't just have just one thing if it's a good gym, like, they have a variety of different things. So if you for you to open a mental gym, it makes complete sense that you have actually offer a variety of different classes and things like that. So from a business standpoint, do you run it the same as a gym? Like is it a monthly membership that people pay like per month or can they pay like ala cart Like Okay, I want to go to this class, so I want to go to this class, like and do you have to go to classes every week?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 4: How's that?
Speaker 7: Well, all of our technologies are really kind of plugging PEP play they aren't class based. So you come in and how we structured it with these the circuits, our Total Life Reset circuits. It's three technologies, three services within a ninety minute timeframe, and we have a set price for that. We had a membership model to where people can come in and get that same circuit once a month, and so we have two different circuit tracks as well.
Speaker 6: So really what.
Speaker 7: We're doing is is taking all those years of everything I've learned and simplifying it and saying, hey, this is what you need to come in and do and why versus you trying to figure out you got six different technologies, what do I do? You ever seen the people at the gym and you see them these videos where you know, they're like funny videos, people on workout machines and they're doing crazy stuff because they don't know how to Nobody taught them how to use it, right. I think about what we do in our technologies. People people don't know really why they're using something, so we want to we.
Speaker 6: Want to guide them along the process.
Speaker 7: And so this is something that we're constantly carving out too, that understanding for ourselves and for them. And that's the philosophy of it.
Speaker 4: All, all right.
Speaker 3: So in the next second we're gonna get into some more details and yeah, find out some more information for sure. All right, So in this time we're going to talk with a few different things. But one thing that you know, I'm curious and I'm sure a lot of people might be interested in nowadays, is the mental effects of isolation and social distancing. This is something that we've never really seen on a large scale, but it's been scientifically proven that you know, humans, for the most part are social creatures, whether whether it's you know, attending a religious institution or whether it's a church or whatever, or going to school, going to work, everything. Most of the most part, you always congregated around people. Even if you're an introvert, you still go to school, you still go to work, like you have some kind of interaction. This is like the first time and you know, I can remember probably in modern history, where everybody's been isolated for a long period of time. So what do you think the mental effects of social distancing will be on people?
Speaker 6: Lowered immune system and high trauma.
Speaker 7: Because so two thousand and seven, I heard a story and I don't have the exact source of this, but they were telling me that.
Speaker 6: So if there's a let's say there's a pool of.
Speaker 7: Fish and one fish diverts from that pool, and that there's an earthquake, Well, the pool of fish together collectively survived that earthquake. That one fish, that one off dies. Why group economics is group energy, is group currency. Right, You by yourself stand alone, you can't survive that. This is why we go to churches.
Speaker 6: This is why we're we're.
Speaker 7: Really very tribal. Know we are more stronger together than we are apart. So the social distancing affects I mean again, it's it's it's our brain is literally reacting to this. Our brain is reacting to lack of touch too, because touch is huge, and.
Speaker 6: We don't we don't really don't even talk about that.
Speaker 7: So specifically as again, men men don't really get touched. Why why do we think we always have to sex? We don't really get touched. But you get a handshake from your brother or something like sometimes, but you don't really it's not like many people hugging you. Right, So I think that we're gonna see some major deficits from this in terms of just mental, emotional, or physical because of again, disc distancing and constantly seeing trauma over and over again by constantly watching the numbers. And you know, Detroit, a lot of people have died, So to keep seeing that people I know, people who I went to school with parents and things of that nature, that that's very traumatic to be watching that. So I think that it's going to be worse than the virus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I work in elementary school, so I'm always thinking about the mental well being of the children that are going through this.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: I have a sums in kindergarten, so this is his first school experience, right, And there's so many children throughout the United States and throughout the world really that are living in social isolation and sometimes that's not the best environment. Do you think there is like maybe something modified that brain training could be something that could creep into education, right? Because I feel like the mental health piece is going to be something that we won't know the long term effects, right because we're living in it right now.
Speaker 6: So say that again, do I think that brain training would be kind.
Speaker 5: Of, oh, some type of modified version of it of having mental health professionals? I know you guys have a team. There is it something that could creep into education?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean we've been looking at wanting to be able to put this into like school settings, but it's just a lot of red tape involved in that. Now, we do work with we do work with kids in general, but again it's a lot of red tape with that. But we actually made some headway and get into the Detroit Police and right before this happened, we had twenty Detroit Police officers that's supposed to come in on April fifth and that got diverted. So so that's something that we want to do is get out there and be inside communities and take our tools outside of the doors to the people who need it, which is really you know, everybody.
Speaker 3: So one of the things that stops middle class, just black community in general from going to mental health is the prices. Right, So like you know, therapists they can charge it depends one hundred dollars an hour, thousand dollars an hour, depending on what part of the country you're in. And I think it's always been looked at as kind of like a luxury a lot of times, going to therapy and something that you know people wealthy people will do. So what's what's your what's your what's your thoughts on that, like I said, specifically specifically for our community, with your thoughts on that, and how have you battled that as far as your business mind because obviously you're in Detroit, which is you know, it's a it's a blue collar town, which obviously has had a lot of economic issues, So like what's what's how do you handle that from the economic standpoint?
Speaker 7: I handle that as a businessman and understanding that people pay for what they want. You know, people pay for the things they find value in. So the problem hasn't necessarily been the pricing. The problem has been they don't see the value in it, Like I don't understand, like what is this really doing for me?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 7: But you will stand in line for Jordan's We know this. How many times we somebody on your show had to say that, right.
Speaker 2: That's always the example, thats you.
Speaker 4: I just thought.
Speaker 5: I just thought the other day, Right, every everybody, that's the example, and we do.
Speaker 7: And my thought process is because when I was dealing with anxiety and panic attacks. Know, I'm not a wealthy person, but I'm gonna make it happen. I'm gonna get I'm gonna get what I want, and I put a lot of money into myself, because that's if I put so much into here, I'm going to get more out of myself. I'm going to be in a better state to be able to manifest.
Speaker 6: And create opportunities for myself and other people.
Speaker 7: Those shoes or whatever things that we buy, it don't it doesn't do that, right. So I think that has just really been a it's been a brand issue, you know, And that's what I think that inception that we're rebranding mental health because I'm working with a lot of you know, hip hop artists, I want to work with, you know, we work with.
Speaker 6: Charlotte Mane, working with people.
Speaker 7: I don't want to look at this as like, you know, come because you have this issue. No, come because you want to better yourself, not because you have some diagnosis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you said that about Charlagne thing too, because he's just actually this is you're the second guest that he's worked And I think it's interesting because yeah, he's been very.
Speaker 4: Vocal about his mental health.
Speaker 3: And he's wrote a book about it, and he's been you know, obviously very on the forefront of that. So how did that partnership come about, as far as with you and Charlomagne.
Speaker 7: I told my mom back in January twenty nineteen, I said, I'm gonna get Charlet Magne.
Speaker 6: I don't know how I was gonna do it. I just believe it.
Speaker 7: I mean, I'm I'm big into manifesting. I'm big into creating my reality and understanding that. And by using all my tools, it gives me a level of peace and slowed down this and relax. Where can be a businessman who's going to be on the being flow versus trying to make things happen. I don't like that process. I want to be in the flow of everything. So for Charlemagne, it was just natural. It was like, this guy is talking about this, but I feel like he's missing pieces that I lied to him. And so I kept tagging him in a post because we had some posts that went viral about there's a picture of me and my mom's saying how we created the first mental health gym, and it started it started going viral. So I started taking it and retagging it, retagging him and Big Sean as well, because Big Sean is from the deep, so I'm tagging him. I'm tagging you know, the notable people in the mental health field, like I want to talk to y'all. Right, And one day I wake up and I just look at my IG and I see ct to God start following you. I'm like, Yo, this dude just started following me. I'm like, I'm tripping out. Like it's like nine o'clock in the morning. Actually it's like six o'clock in the morning. I'm tripping out, like, and I wonder is he gonna message me, because I had already messaged him, told him, Hey, I got this.
Speaker 6: Going on, I'm going to work with you, blah blah blah.
Speaker 7: Right, and he messaged me and said, first everything he says, peace the peace man.
Speaker 6: He said, what's your number?
Speaker 7: Man? So he gave me his number and we started talking. You know, I told him what I was doing, and he was like, you know, I want to be down with what you're doing. And so we you know, we had a little back and forth in terms of playing tag until one day I finally we kind of reached reached each other and started really building and I want to pick him up. It was like June second last year. I still remember June fourth last year, and I picked him up.
Speaker 6: We were riding in the car.
Speaker 7: I said, hey, you found me through me tagging you, right, He said, No, that's not how I found you.
Speaker 6: I said, well, how.
Speaker 2: Did you find me?
Speaker 7: He said, I looked up mental health gym. I searched mental health gym because I wanted to create something, see if it was something that was like a mental health gym out there. And and at that moment I knew is it's saying that what you're seeking is seeking you. Me and him were seeking each other. And so he said, honestly, he said, man, I saw it, and if I saw some other dudes was doing it, I was just gonna do my own thing. I saw it was a brother, and I saw you had the message in me. And so that's that's really how it happened. And we've been, you know, we've been building ever since then.
Speaker 5: He's definitely been at the forefront of the mental health space. Have you seen more men of color as clients since then? And who was the demographic of clients that you have?
Speaker 6: Well, first, let me say this.
Speaker 7: In the first probably twelve years, my client was ninety nine.
Speaker 6: Percent white women. Okay, that was my clients.
Speaker 7: Last year alone, I saw more black people come through that door and probably a month than I had in the whole thirteen years. Black man, we're definitely showing up now, so the numbers are really half and half to the point where someone asked me, he said, is this place with black people on? But people assume that now because so many black people are coming in right the perception So it's it's we're gravitating to it. We're getting this message. It's our time to really heal.
Speaker 6: And I think that men like, look at us, we're talking about this right right now.
Speaker 7: We're like hey, man, like no, like no, this stuff I learned in childhood was dysfunctional.
Speaker 6: This was not this is not the way to go right. We understand that.
Speaker 7: I can even look back at our music, like, man, I love this stuff, but man, that was dysfunctional like that.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money. Boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIIC.
Speaker 2: Earners. What's Up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless.
Speaker 2: Whether it's a local coffee.
Speaker 5: Shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready to see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 8: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash po d kat z thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash po d kat z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 7: Some of that stuff wasn't good from my mind, you know. So it's a lot of us coming in now, so it's it's it's exciting to see.
Speaker 4: Actually, so how do you market? How do you market?
Speaker 3: Just because it's not like a traditional business, I guess with you know, obviously it kind of takes a little bit more creativity to market. But I like what you said about the story. That's a great way of marketing things like social media stuff like that. So what's your what's your marketing strategy?
Speaker 7: That's my main marketing strategy right now is do the IG through Instagram and then word of my and then I do have around I think we have around twenty twenty to thirty ambassadors.
Speaker 6: I started really connecting with.
Speaker 7: People in the city who were really movers and shakers who I thought really fit what we do, and they and they came in and so they go out and they they spread that word.
Speaker 4: Can you talk about that the ambassador program, Like what does that look like?
Speaker 7: So our ambassadors they have access to our services and you know, like I tell them, come in and use everything and get yourself to a place of the best mental space physical space that you can be in because at that point you just a walking billboard you know, it's kind of like if you're walking around with six packs of abs and.
Speaker 6: You know in your shirts off, people are gonna run up to you like, hey.
Speaker 7: You a trainer, you can train me. So really that's that's really the same model that we have for our ambassadors.
Speaker 6: It's very simple for them.
Speaker 7: But you know, they come in use the services and they and they go out into the community and they see people who who you know, want it and they bring them in.
Speaker 4: So just regular this is just regular people.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, so yeah, I mean somebody else said that the other day that we spoke to them, but you need to shout out to her. But it's like you got to have evangelists. So people look at influencer marketing and they only look at it like on Instagram as like paying celebrities to like promote your product. But there's all kinds of influencer marketing and there's all kinds of different ways how you can have evangelists for you, and that's the best. That's really the best form of marketing. It's like to have, you know, a core group of people who really believe in your product and have them actually tell their friends, their family. Because it's like even if you want, like if you give the product, and this discos for just any business in general. I feel like if you if you have a you know, a restaurant, right and you might say, okay, look, I'm gonna feed this one person, but this one person is connected to twenty five other people, so he's gonna for free. But he loves the fool so much. He goes back and he tells his whole neighborhood, his whole block about the food. Now, fifteen people that he told come in now they're pain.
Speaker 4: It's worth it.
Speaker 3: And I think that, you know, for entrepreneurs, like I said, that's a valuable lesson just for entrepreneurs in general.
Speaker 7: It's never Yeah, I found that, you know, a lot of stuff I started doing before we are bigger. Now I was just doing it, you know, under my old company, neuro Fitness Center. I was following Lulu Women's model, you know, which is you know their ambassador program.
Speaker 6: They you know, they're arming.
Speaker 7: All their yoga these yoga teachers with they're clothing. You know, That's how Lulu Lemon really got to that place that they are is through a really strong ambassador program.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're the leader of this mental health gym space. Right, So I'm thinking and even you said, Charlamagne searched it, have you seen anybody try to create it or replicate it or come into the space.
Speaker 2: Are you seeing more people doing that?
Speaker 7: I mean people will come into the space and again, like I said, they'll put a bunch of technologies under one roof and then they'll hear me get on a podcast. Like I did a podcast with a guy who had a floating podcast just for floating, and I came on in and I started talking about everything. I'm talking about trauma, fight or flight response, all these different things, and he said, wow, we never heard of that before. So I'm like, so what are y'all doing? Like, what are you doing with the tools?
Speaker 6: You don't you don't even know.
Speaker 7: It's like it's like a you know, you give a baby grand piano to anybody, but that don't mean they're gonna get on there and play it right.
Speaker 6: For me, the brand and the philosophy is what inception is.
Speaker 7: Not so much we put all these tool us under one building, because I have I've had more tools at one point and pulled them out because they didn't fit the rhyme or reason. So I'm kind of ahead of understanding how the pieces work and why they work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the brand ambassador once thing. I just want to go back to that because that made me think of another interview that we did. We interviewed Nick Storm shout out to him and he was like the driving force behind Sarak and Hypnotic as well, And especially when the Sarak he was saying, like, you know, people might not know, but the reason Saraq really blew up is not Diddy. It was actually the ambassador program with DJs. And they had DJs from all over the country from New York to Atlanta to and and they they really they focused on the DJs because they understood that the DJs was in the nightclubs where people buying bottles in the nightclubs. So if they that's when they started with the Sarraq boys. And he was telling us the whole play behind the ambassador program. And when you told me that, I just realized that, you know, a lot of times we hear stuff on such a high level like that Saraq Ambassador program, but it's like you could really implement any kind of business strategy, whether it's a big or small level, and.
Speaker 7: It's like strategy when it was mean by myself work you.
Speaker 4: Know, Yeah, it's all about creativity.
Speaker 6: Wait until you get to a certain level to implement something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's dope.
Speaker 3: So as far as like on a mental health conversation, because like I said, I mean, I think that it's not talked about it enough as far as the stress the entrepreneurs might face. And I'm sure there's a lot of people that listen to this podcast that are entrepreneurs and business people. Can you talk about that because it's a unique set of you as an entrepreneur. I'm sure you probably know yourself right, like even going through this coronavirus and not being able to open up your business, like the financial demands and and just a different stress level. You don't work a nine to five job. If you're an entrepreneur, you never get off. You're always thinking about your business two o'clock in the morning. That can that can that can cause divorces, That can cause you not spending enough time with your children. You can cause you all kinds of mental stress. So I think that that's something that we haven't spoken about as well. So I want to talk about that because that's there's always a flip side to everything and the flip side of being entrepreneurs are the mental. So how can people mentally, you know, get themselves in a good space? And can you talk about some of the mental stresses and pressures that entrepreneurs may face.
Speaker 7: I mean you said it like it's it's a daily, daily thought process. And specifically when you start taking on when I started taking on employees and my rent quadruple.
Speaker 6: You know, you know, you got a bigger nut.
Speaker 7: To crack before you can break even, right, So that day to day stress or monthly stress, because.
Speaker 6: Really around the beginning of the month.
Speaker 7: Everybody's stressed, right, specifically business owners. And and I realized that because I was doing probably about twenty years ago, I was doing what do they call factory where we take invoices and pay on those invoices, where I learned at that point in time that the average business is literally at that point was like six weeks from going out of business, you know, based on their cash flow. So this is something that it's like, it's not just it's not just you know a few people, it's all of us who you know, the business world. We have these mental these stressors going on. If I didn't if I didn't do my own stuff, dude, I would have been gone, Like, there's no way I could have been overcome.
Speaker 6: I was building.
Speaker 7: I was going through a lawsuit, still running the location, still running another location, and building inception all at the same time while going through a lawsuit. And I spent a lot of time brain training. I spent a lot of time using my tools, because again, when you're going through stuff like that, and you especially be a lawsuit and you get these what to call interrogatories and things of that nature, they send you stuff and they tell you the worst thing about yourself, right, and you just fired.
Speaker 6: Up, like what he said?
Speaker 7: What? Like you? You know, they keep doing that and still be trying to build a business, and then the businesses aren't necessarily where they need to be. And I got to pump in cash flow for both both businesses. I mean that that's very stressful. But you have to find some type of outlet that's outside of your business. And that's something I did in twenty seventeen. I actually started. I got with a guy and I wanted to learn it earlier.
Speaker 6: I started saucer dancing and that I would go once.
Speaker 7: A week to my homie who's from New Orleans who's like one of the best Cuban saus of dancers in the world, black guy named Dwayne Rin, and I would I would have that mental space and now one hour with him, you know, once a week, and then I would go out and I would dance. It gave me ability to get back into some type of community where people didn't know me as like you're the business owner, you didn't see that, Like I need to be able to just go and focus on something that's totally outside of my business. And that's one of the things that helped me. And just community too. You need people around you.
Speaker 6: You can't be if you're out here and you're a lone soldier, I mean, entrepreneur. Suicide is really high.
Speaker 7: People don't know about that, you know, because again specifically, now, I'm fortunate in the sense of I guess some people are thinking fortunate, not fortunate, but I'm single. I don't I don't have a family, Like that's how I'm able to go through this, because there's no way I would take a wife and kids through what I'm going through right now. And people do and I'm like, I commend you. I don't even know how you do that, because there's no way I would be able to do that. So if you're a single person and an entrepreneur, you definitely have to surround yourself with strong people. And I never really had the business people, you know, you know how you want to find mentors and people who are doing great business.
Speaker 6: I never really had that.
Speaker 7: I've been doing this kind of all on my own the last thirteen years, and here and there, I'll get plugged in with little people here and there.
Speaker 6: But I think it's important.
Speaker 7: To find community to do something outside of your business, and find community to people who are doing things bigger than you.
Speaker 5: As you were speaking, I started thinking about you know, you said the rent and your employees start thinking about the expenses to actually have this gym, because I know, the machinery is pretty expensive, right, you got the magnosphere, and you got the infrared sauna, and you got the rotation they.
Speaker 2: And it's fifty grand, one piece of which one is that.
Speaker 7: The magnosphere is fifty thousand dollars a long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So are these part of monthly expenses or I mean, do they become self sufficient after you've you've got them in the upper.
Speaker 7: Course, The whole thing about it is this model that we have is that the overhead is relatively low when you compare it to someone like like a massage envy because it only takes one employee to run my whole facility for the whole day, which.
Speaker 6: Is great, right, your massage MV.
Speaker 7: You got what twenty people on staff at once? You should see their payroll and then and then, like the magnet sphere and the floating they give me an attitude a little here and there, but they always show up.
Speaker 6: For the most part.
Speaker 7: You know, you know all these employees and you got employees in because again I come from the mental emotional world. Most people always bring their stuff into business, right, that's what's happening in business. Your employees bring their mental emotional stuff into it. So I understand the point where a lot of employees, a lot of employers try to get away from having employees because they don't want to deal with a lot of the stuff. It's not necessarily just greed by itself. It's so and so didn't show up to work. Now I got to find somebody to replace them, and things of that nature. So my business is how it's set up. It's it's set up pretty good. You know, and that's that's one thing that I think that investors really look into, you know, because of the profit margins are higher because again you don't have all this overhead all right.
Speaker 3: There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. So on the last secondent, we're going to bring it home, all right, So yeah, we all bring it home. But you know, I have a few questions. So you know, we get different people's take on, like how they weather in the storm, you know, being that corona is something that not only is affecting you know, people's health, but people with the economy, the economy as a whole. Right, So you as a small business owner and it is pretty much like shut down your operation? Do you do you have a contingency plan in place moving forward? Like if this, if this continues, if social distance continues for a long period of time, like what's your plan or how has how have you adapted or how how are you planning on adapting? Because that's another thing of business too. It's like it's like an audible in football, like you you have a game plan, but they might just blitz and you have to be able to adapt on the fly. Or it's just the business isn't gonna make it. That's true in any business, you never you can never predict the unpredictable. So yeah, how are you coping and what's your game plan moving forward?
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, coping, I mean that first couple of weeks, probably first two.
Speaker 6: To three weeks, it was rough. You know, you know, no, just now, just this, it's hard. Stop.
Speaker 7: That's very traumatic and Impactrick Again what I say about trauma, anything that's overwhelming to your nervous system. So going from zero to one hundred real quick, it's real dramatic, you know. So for me, I have to understand what pattern I was in. I know, I felt I was in a freeze response, and I just I just like chilled out.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: At first, I saw a lot of stuff coming through, every conspiracy you can think of, and then everybody dying. But I got to a good place where I just shut all the noise out and then focused on a couple of things, which is I'm fine, Like because my business is closed right now. Guess what, I don't have to pay bills, you know, I'm not paying my rent. So really, for me, it was like more of a relief than it was for a you know, something being bad for me actually, So I feel like for myself and our team, we're going to come out of this better than we went into it. But in terms of like the audible is I again information technology.
Speaker 6: That's my background, man.
Speaker 7: I've been around affiliate marketing and you know, just marketing on the internet for a bit, and I understand that.
Speaker 6: Everything is really going well based and so.
Speaker 7: One of the things that we had already been working doing how it planned out, was you know, a software software. We want to develop an educational platform because again, all these people here to turn mental health, but they don't know understand why.
Speaker 6: And so I want to take and make that into.
Speaker 2: A very.
Speaker 7: I want to call it acceptable way of learning about it and understanding it, a more pleasing way to do it versus again, Okay, talk to your mental health professional, and you know they always talk about the suicide hotline. Again, we always go to these real extremes as if that's the whole population. That is a small part of the population. It's the masses that's.
Speaker 6: Dealing with it.
Speaker 7: And these these small parts of the population are just the the symptoms of the mass issue. So I want to be able to educate people through our platform and do courses and again it's a it's a piece of software that I've been looking to develop for the last three years. So these are some of the things that we're going to be putting in place. And that's kind of what we're working on right now. Uh and and and hopes that we're able to open up at some point and they and it really goes hand in.
Speaker 6: Hand with both. Again we call it, we call it.
Speaker 7: The three e's education experience education. So the experience is going to the center, but the education is is sandwiching that because you need to know why you're coming. Then you come, then you need to know now what what I do?
Speaker 6: What do I do after everything? And so that's that's that's all the things that we're working on right now.
Speaker 5: So do you guys have plans to scale the business and and and put it in other cities. I know you're in Detroit. I think I saw you in California as well, the other places you want to go.
Speaker 7: We have a pop up location in LA and we actually are working on another location to be to be determined to be announced.
Speaker 6: We were working on it and then it just like everything stops.
Speaker 7: So so yeah, that's the goal is to do franchising and again not to have it though where it's just all built on brick and mortar, Like you have to have a connection to the two. You know, we saw what happened with Toys r US and I and I agree with Gary v on that they could have had that that exponential center of Toys r US could have been the thing you go in and it's just been you know, amazing time without having to it just be about going pick up toys and leave, like you have to Inception really is going to be not just the center for coming services.
Speaker 6: It's community is understanding.
Speaker 7: So having that community and then wrapping it up with the education is what we're what we're what we're doing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I completely agree.
Speaker 3: I always he all the time if you don't have a business, if you're a business, I always say it the time, like brick and mortar isn't dead, but if your business doesn't have a way to make money online, you don't have a business. And this only accelerates that at this point because it's like it's hard enough to run a business, let alone with all the variables that come with just having to operate brick and mortar. Like you have to have some kind of system in place, whether it's an app, whether it's social media, whether it's a website, like, you have to have some kind of virtual system in place. And so yeah, it's encouraging to hear you say that, because, yeah, well information.
Speaker 6: Is the new commodity.
Speaker 7: Rights, it's the most valuable resource at this point.
Speaker 6: Content.
Speaker 7: So Disney Disney was smart. They want have bought up all the content, you know. So Disney World is like, yeah, you know, it's cool, but their content is what you know, you can put out one movie and you're making a billion dollars, right.
Speaker 6: So I look at it from that standpoint.
Speaker 7: I also look at it too, from the McDonald's standpoint in terms of you know, doing breaking mortar and owning a real estate. You know, Supersize Me came out and everybody thought like, oh my god, that's gonna kill McDonald's. McDonald's like we own all of real estate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's not killing.
Speaker 4: The found The founders.
Speaker 3: The founders they said, like, you know, when Ray Kroc he realized he was like, McDonald's isn't isn't a food company, it's a real estate company. And when when they realized that, that just changed the whole direction of the company.
Speaker 7: Right, recognizing what business that you're in. So I think that for us, you know, we have that understanding for sure.
Speaker 3: So if I'm just coming off the street and you know, I've never been to any mental help facility anything like that, and you know, I might be something from anxiety or you know, some kind of issue and I want help, right, can you walk me through the process? Like do I just walk in through the center? Do I get evaluated? How do I know which which program works best?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: Can you walk me through?
Speaker 7: So that's a that's that's a great question, and we very we simplify that, you know, to the point where you don't have to come in and understand.
Speaker 6: You know what you need to do, and you're going to come in.
Speaker 7: You may have anxiety, you may have depression, you may have insomnia, you may have all these different symptoms. But we have the philosophy of psychological injury versus chemical imbalance. You've aught all heard of chemical imbalance, right, You've got a chemical imbalance in your brain, but that actually has there's no peer review study that can ever show you that there's any such thing as a as a chemical imbalance, because when you get diagnosed with dipression. Depression, Okay, great, how do they diagnose you based on a battery of questions? And that's how they do all die No season, they're going to give you a chemical drug to alter that that imbalance, right, But they never once look at your brain.
Speaker 6: If you break your arm, you expect them to do what take an X ray?
Speaker 7: What break is with your brain chemistry? They never look at it. It's all based on DSM five Diagnostic Manual where they're gonna they're gonna basically look and see the symptoms you have and say, okay, you got this based on what you told us, right, So for us, we don't we don't.
Speaker 6: We don't look at it from that.
Speaker 7: We look at it from the again a psychological injury trauma trauma model.
Speaker 6: We're understanding that your system is not.
Speaker 7: In a disorder, it's just overwhelmed by trying to protect you, and all of our tools that we have help your brain and your body to come out of that state of protection.
Speaker 6: So it doesn't matter who comes.
Speaker 7: In with what you know X y Z. We know our tools are going to help you on a human humanistic level and dealing with your rain in your body so you can come in off the street, you know, walk right in and say hey, you know, I'm interested in starting, and we're going to start everybody at the same point no matter what, because we know this is what this is what you need.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 7: Now some of the services may switch a little bit, like I'm not putting a two year old in the float tank right so, but so we can alter things a little bit, especially with black people.
Speaker 6: You know, we got fear of water.
Speaker 7: A lot of us don't want to get in the water, and so we so we again we alter things a little bit to make it to fit you. We're not going to have you do something that that you're scared of because you're in there because.
Speaker 6: Of fear to begin with, lack of safety.
Speaker 7: So again, everybody who comes in pretty much kind of go through the same gamut with minor alterations.
Speaker 6: And too, you have a choice.
Speaker 7: You have a choice in saying the matter yourself. You know what you want to start off with. We just make recommendations and what we know is best.
Speaker 2: Can can you walk us through a circuit.
Speaker 5: I'm really interested in the full body reset because there's a lot of.
Speaker 2: Stuff in there.
Speaker 5: I was like, wow, I never thought about that that's really interesting. Can you can you highlight that for.
Speaker 6: SECH which one a total body reset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, totally the detail, Yeah, the total value. You do the infrared sona and you end at the halo therapy.
Speaker 7: So so again when we look at when we look at mental health, we always look at it from a psychological aspect, but we never look at it from you know, everything else. It's your environment dictates your mental health. But it's different things in your environment. One is air and your air quality, so you got modes and mildews and toxins that you breathe in where that affects your brain chemistry as well, that affects your mood.
Speaker 6: So the halo therapy.
Speaker 7: Actually goes down into the lungs and begins to detoxify that the nasal pathway.
Speaker 6: And the lung pathway, so.
Speaker 7: People of like asthma and any type of you know, bronchial issue, it begins to clear that out. So that's one of our first technologies for the detox track, and then the other one. The other two is the infrared and then the manual lymphatic drain suit. So actually what it's doing is your lymph system is the is the main detoxifying system in your body that.
Speaker 6: Gets rid of waste.
Speaker 7: So when people say I'm going on the detox it's like, yeah, you've been detoxic every day your detoxing right now. Your whole body is constantly detoxic. So what you're what you're really saying is I'm going to intentionally support my lymphatic system in the detoxification process. So when you're drinking alcohol, guess what, You're not supporting your your lymphatic system. When you're eating donuts, you're not supporting it. But maybe if I do again, when you do the infrared sauna, now that the tissues heat up from the inside out, it is not like your traditional sauna where heats the ambient.
Speaker 2: Air around you thought was amazing.
Speaker 6: The or temperature.
Speaker 7: So heavy metal detox You know, all of us got heavy metals in our body because so we talked about air. Talk about water. Water is going to become a really big deal. Is our waters are all polluted if we don't know pharmaceutical drugs, microtoxins from the plastics, soaps, that's.
Speaker 6: All in your water.
Speaker 7: And all of those are intricate disruptors, hormone disruptors.
Speaker 6: There was.
Speaker 7: A feature on I think it was NBC Nightline with a show they were dumping this into the water, these contaminants and the fish in the water start having the male fish start having feminine traits, they start switching over. So you can actually alter our DNA through toxicity. So think about that on your mental emotional state of being. So all of those three surfaces are working on that lymphatic system to help you to plush through all of that, all those toxins that the toxic burden that is up against. So you're not just dealing with a mental emotional issue from the environment in terms of lack of safety. You're dealing with it from lack of cleanliness in the environment, and your body has to has to basically continually take that onslot on and get rid of that toxins. So both of those circuits are helping supporting those systems in your body to come to a moral level of homeostasis or you know, lighten the load.
Speaker 2: So how often do you see clients? Is it? Do they come once a week, twice a week, once a month?
Speaker 6: How people?
Speaker 7: Okay, every clients who come every day?
Speaker 6: Like you can't overdo it.
Speaker 7: Once we understand that our environment is this is what's causing this is epigenetic. This is what's causing us to be in these states that we're in. Hair loss, Uh, you know, you know people having issues with giving birth. Uh, you know, strokes and heart attacks, all that stress and trauma related because the environment is so sick. The environment is so sick again because you're told that go go go, go, go, go go.
Speaker 6: But get sleep.
Speaker 7: Sleep is the cause of you know, sleep, I sleep when I die, you know that type of thing. And it's like were talking about like one night of men's sleep and you're like basically someone who drank alcohol. Like that's that's the results of that. Like, recovery is like very important, and we're becoming smarter in terms of being able to observe things like I wear a wearable.
Speaker 6: What is the wearable?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 6: The wearable?
Speaker 7: Just give me information and understanding how my system is working so I can make educated decisions.
Speaker 6: But we need to move away.
Speaker 7: From out of side is out of mind, and that's how we've been working. You know, out of side is out of mind. Next you know, I'm having panic attacks and breaking down. Why because I didn't take care of all the signs and symptoms that were showing up in my body.
Speaker 4: Got it? Got it? That's powerful.
Speaker 6: Give me a fool of stuff, man, Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 4: That's a lot.
Speaker 3: And like I said, something that I don't think that we're not even aware of like that, you know, like you said, the water that we drink, the food that we eat, the relationships that we all of that stuff plays apart in your mental well being. And it's like so many times in so much toxic put we put so much toxics in our body, We listen to so much toxic music, we watch toxic TV, We're in toxic relationships, and then we wonder why our lives in shambloo.
Speaker 7: I wonder why, why why all the bad things keep happening to me? Because you put all the bad things in your body and in your life. It's like you've got to move away from that. And I think, as being a business person, the best thing I could have ever done is use all the tools and doing what I'm doing and keep up.
Speaker 6: You know, I used to think.
Speaker 7: I used to think it's funny when I saw a bunch of people like how many supplements you take in and things of that nature, And when you start understanding why people are doing things our white counterparts, specifically in the Silicon Valley. You know, I can tell you about some stuff that they're doing health wise in terms of biohacking that black people we are like behind. Man, Like Charlemagne told me you twenty years ahead. I said, bro, we twenty years behind.
Speaker 4: So like, what are they doing? What are they doing bio hacking? What does that mean?
Speaker 7: Microdosing on psychedelics Psilocybin LSD the Multi Association of Psychedelic Studies. It's shown like specifically with psilocybin, it basically diminishes your whole fear center. So they did a study where they showed that people who had cancer, they gave them doses up psilocybin, fear of depth gone because the psilocybin is showing that it actually activates multiple pathways in the brain. But see, we've been already conditioned about stuff like specifically black people. Anything that's outside of our understanding is of the devil. You know, what's that the devil? It's like, no, really, it's a it's it's science, and you have to understand what that science is doing. So they Silicon Valley, those guys out there, the CEOs and stuff. Man, they microdocing on stuff.
Speaker 6: Why do you think, how do you think people coming up with this stuff? You know, they're not just sitting down and just just just popping in the head.
Speaker 7: They altering states of consciousness and downloading things. That's what meditation and the tools that we do. It gives you a level of relaxation where you can.
Speaker 6: Tap in more stuff. That's when your brain, when everything is full.
Speaker 2: You know this sounds like the movie Inception.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, and they're doing that. They're using a lot of a lot of the tools that I'm using. Dave Aspree he's one of the he's the Bulletproof executive. He has a place out there in California, and we were kind of neck and necking what we were doing in terms of having similar tools. But you know, he's a bullet he's a he was a Silicon Valley executive. We can get way more money and funding get not good. But I will say that his brand and what he's doing, it's towards a lot of you know, executives who speak a lot of language that you if you think I sound like foreign to you, you should hear these guys and what they're talking about. They're really gonna sound foreign to you. So for me, it's like you do the Bulletproof conference out there in California where you have all these white people.
Speaker 6: Come and they use a lot of tools that I use.
Speaker 7: You're not one black person there, Like, because we were not up on that. We don't understand that we need to, you know, we get onto. I got Sea mass now the one thing now, oh it's CBD. Now it's like, what are y'all talking about?
Speaker 6: I can probably got a list of one hundred.
Speaker 7: Things that I can do, and you're talking about one or two things. We piecemeal and we make it all about you know, working out. I'm strong, and it's like what about here? And it's not just about you know, succeeding. It's about having the ability to be cooperative with people, not being on the fence of like you guys, like you guys are doing great. You guys, don't threaten me about what you're doing. Like, I'm happy that you're doing what you're doing. But I only can be happy about that if I'm happy with myself. So you have a lot of that jealousy that's been in our culture for a long time because we we're not doing what we're supposed to do with ourselves, and we're not.
Speaker 6: We're not really walking in our purpose.
Speaker 7: And I think by taking care of your mental emotional health you get to that.
Speaker 6: I know you get to that.
Speaker 4: David.
Speaker 3: That's powerful man. Thank you for coming on. How can the people contact you go to make people toware of any initiatives or how can they Yeah, any information website all that stuff.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you can go to our website at inceptionep dot com. You can follow me on Instagram at mister David mccullor mc c U L l A R. And if we say it again for the website Inception at gopaul dot com. And also you can look up inceptions Instagram page which is I Underscore am Underscore, Inception.
Speaker 4: Dope, Troy housekeeping it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout everybody on Patreon dot com. That is our proud to pay program. We are growing at a fast rate. Everybody on EYL University the fastest growing financial community in the world, and everybody on EYL our private real estate group. I think we just hit over seven hundred members in like thirty days, which is crazy. That's clicking off and shout everybody in book review on our movie review every Sunday at three that I mean, it's running itself at this point, So we appreciate you all supporting and keep flooding and telling somebody to tell somebody else so we keep growing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, shout you by buying the merch. We gotta get you some shirts. Yeah, ask us over liabilities on the website as well. So once again, thank you guys rocking with us. We'll see you next week. Peace, Peace.
Speaker 8: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday? How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com. Slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need