Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: I figured Russia's lost nine hundred thousand soldiers. I think that Ukraine's lost probably seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: And it's a terrible thing.
Speaker 3: You'll see body parts, bodies and body parts all.
Speaker 2: Over the field, all over.
Speaker 3: We see them through very accurately through satellites. I love Ukraine, but Zelensky has done a terrible job. His country is shattered and millions and millions of people have unnecessarily died. And you can't bring a war to an end if you don't talk to both sides.
Speaker 2: You got to talk.
Speaker 3: They haven't been talking for three years.
Speaker 2: Boy. So this is such an interesting topic and I can't wait to see how it plays out and read the books someday when the behind the scenes stuff is laid out, because I guarantee you his secretary of State doesn't agree with a lot of what his boss is saying. Right now. I'm hoping Trump has got some sort of three dimensional chess plan that's gonna wrap this up in some sort of way. But like I've been saying, if he just thinks, hey, this is Europe's war, it's not our war, I don't believe it's in our interest. I want it over. We're not supporting him anymore. I don't agree with that, but that's a policy decision, and he ran on that and he won, so you know, it is what it is. But I don't understand where you got a bad mouth to Zelensky and call him a crook and all this stuff on the way out the door, and especially because.
Speaker 1: It's like word for word the Kremlin's talking points about he's a dictator and refuses to have elections coming from Putin right, Seriously, how stupid are you if you fall for that? I mean, and honestly, is freely elected. His approval ratings are over fifty percent, and they're not allowed to have an election during wartime. So the idea that he's a dictator is just ridiculous. So I don't know what Trump is working at. I seriously, I'm so befuddled.
Speaker 2: Got some interesting info on that in a second from Mark Calprin's newsletter today as he talks a bunch of people behind the scenes. But the Financial Times is reporting that because we're coming up on the three year anniversary at the beginning of this thing, right, So the first couple of years, the G seven has put out a big statement about it. This year, the US is opposing calling Russia the aggressor. The aggressor. In the G seven statement on the third anniversary of the beginning of the war, it says here in the Financial Times, threatening to which is a lefty outfit, but threatening to derail a traditional show of unity. According to five Western officials familiar with the matter, I'm sure that's true. So Trump doesn't want the g doesn't want the United States involved in a statement where we call Russia the aggressor. I'm not exactly sure why. I hope it's some mass negotiating. Yeah. Again, I don't understand why the negotiating has to include bad mouthings Zelensky. Here's a little more. A Trump in Miami last night.
Speaker 3: On top of this, Zolenski admits that half of the money that we sent them is missing. They don't know where the money is. He said, well, we don't know where half of it is. Yes, great, wonderful. He refuses have elections is low and the real Ukrainian Poles. I mean, how can you be high with every city is being demolished. It's hard to be Somebody said, oh no, his polls are good.
Speaker 2: Give me a break. Every city is being demolished by who. They look like a.
Speaker 3: Demolition site, every single one of them. And the only thing he was really good at was playing Joe Biden like a fiddle. He played them like a fiddle. That's an expression we use, yes, sir, to say that he's pretty easy, pretty easy.
Speaker 2: This hole. It's your fault. Your cities are rubble because a country attacked you, and you're doing your best to stop them from turning your cities into double because obviously you don't want that to happen, but you can't stop them because you're the you know, you're the small country. It's your fault. You should pay a political price. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the logic of this at all, but well, yeah, and I'm hoping it will emerge. And I know you're about to get to that. But as I've said before, there are things Trump does that I uh that we're on the same side of. I agree with one hundred percent, and he utterly butchers explaining it to the point that if you don't know exactly what he's talking about, you have no idea what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: And I hope this is one of those. So here's some uh Mark Awpern's newsletter today. Lost in nearly all of the dominant media coverage of Donald Trump's efforts to end the war between Ukraine and Russia are these ten points. One Ending the war is not easy and won't be pretty. Yeah, people need to realize that. Two. Trump ran on ending the war. Like I said a little bit ago. Three tens of millions of Americas, of Americans from major Maggot to Sanders supporters want the war to end. Did see some polling the other day it's getting close to fifty to fifty on support for Ukraine. So four. Trump's long standing pro putin rhetoric is really impossible to explain or justify. But it didn't keep the Maven of mar A Lago from being tough on Russia as president the first time around. Sanctions, pipeline cancelation, et cetera. Right, and at least so far. I read this last week kind of lost in the shuffle of you know, the the the everybody, oh my god, Trump said, Zelensky caused this, which is another thing to say to me, he didn't, hasn't canceled a whole bunch of arms and money that's still going there. So something you know, I don't know what that is. Number six, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris built a military and a diplomatic coalition to halt Putin's march to Kiev, but they had no plan to end the war on any terms. Not a minor point. How is this going to play out? Of Kamala Harris won just keep dripping along, barely, keeping them afloat for some reason because it looked like it looked bad if we didn't or something.
Speaker 1: I can't even indulge in the what if Kamala had won fantasy for more than like thirty seconds, because it's so sickening to me, just.
Speaker 2: In every single way. And they were.
Speaker 1: They were a miserable, miserable failure at foreign policy, no question about it. That doesn't mean every single thing they did was wrong, but yeah, it's true they had no plan.
Speaker 2: So see how it goes and hope. So Halpurn pointing out Biden Harris had no plan to end the war, and he also says number six, Zelenski, he's skilled it to media and has had Churchillian moments, but he has no plan to end the war on any terms. What are you gonna do number seven except defeat? Right, Yeah, and I don't. I don't think it's an indictment of it. No, But but Trump has a plan to end the war. Biden, Harris didn't, Zelenski doesn't. Right. Uh seven. There's no way to end the war without giving putin something and maybe quite a bit, including things that no civilized person would want to bestow upon a thug who did what he did. But there's just no other way to end the war. That's just freaking reality, which I hate in the current state of things, but it is true. I love this one. Number eight. The coddling of Europe militarily, diplomatically, economically by every recent president not named Trump is one of the great foreign policy debacles in the history of the United States.
Speaker 1: Right right, Even as an Obama for instance, or even a Bush or or a Biden would would say, hey, y'all got to step up, you got to do better, but that was as far as it went. It was the you know, the parent in the grocery store. Stop that, Johnny. Stop that, Johnny. Stop that Johnny. There's no enforcement or twist.
Speaker 2: And when Trump first term came along and made a big deal of them not paying their you know, the amount of the on their military they're supposed to with their NATO agreement. Oh my god, he wants to destroy NATO. He's not supporting our allies. I like Mark Alpern's a judgment that our coddling of Europe on these issues is one of the great foreign policy debacles in the history of the United States, and that might play out in a giant way that makes history books, you know, in a decade or something, in a way we don't want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeap, Europe had to be dependent on the US post WW two. But like a thirty three year old living in their parents' basement, we never cut off the teat. We never said, hey, you got to stand on your own and stand up as an equal and an ally and quit you know, gloming off of us.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely true. And also this Trump and his foreign policy national security team might be blundering into a colossal error on Ukraine. But the above list, all the things we just mentioned suggests that they should be given a chance to prove they know what they're doing this. There's a lot of complex pieces involved in all those things were true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot of nuance to this. I mean because, for instance, the G seven statement not listing Russia as an aggressor seems ridiculous, ridiculous, but the statement was abandoning the traditional show of unity. And if JD Vance were to call the show, first of all, JD thanks for listening. But if you were to call and say, hey, what is your traditional show of unity gotten you so far? I would have to say, well, not much in the way of concrete results other than draining Russia's resources. That's not a reason though, to make up crap and repeat Kremlin talking points.
Speaker 2: But you know, it's not one hundred percent ridiculous. So we never actually got around to some of these tweets from a former member of Zelensky's administration. He tweeted this out the other day about what's going on right now. We have always lived in this reality. We just didn't want to admit. The difference between Biden and Trump is that Trump says out loud what Biden was thinking and doing about Ukraine. Biden was against NATO, expansion, against providing Ukraine with enough support to retake occupied territories when it was still possible, and against strong sanctions on Russia. Trump was just making it explicit. Biden stood with Ukraine in the war as long as it took for him to leave office, but without giving them enough aid to win. Trump wants to end the war, but it is not going to provide the aid either, But Biden was not going to provide the aid if he stuck around. At the same time, this guy, former Zelenski, a cabinet member, said Trump isn't cutting off military support that's already in place so far, which a point I made already, and previous US presidents have followed a similar policy. They didn't provide serious military aid, didn't impose tough sanctions, for example after CRIMEA, Bush and Obama letting Putin get away with various things, and didn't bring Ukraine into NATO, despite constant statements about support and future possibilities. So to a certain extent, Trump is just doing well. He's doing the same thing. He's just saying it, and that's what he's getting so much grief for, except for the stuff. And this is why I wish he'd lead out the why you got a bad mouth Zolensky and call him a mediocre comedian and a thug and a dictator. I don't understand that at all. I have no explanation for why that has to be part of it.
Speaker 1: It's a temper tantrum because Zelensky challenged him on not being at the talks and some of the other stuff he'd said.
Speaker 2: So Trump had a tantrum. But if you leave that out, Trump could say, I Biden wasn't going to do anything any different. He just wasn't. He was going to pretend he was going to keep saying We're with you till the end while not doing anything that was going to lead to a better outcome that we're going to end up with me as more people die.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's absolutely a defensible position when you describe it like that.
Speaker 2: But that only works if you leave out the bad mouthings. Lens Game claiming that Ukraine started it.
Speaker 1: For some which is one of the most bizarre things I've ever heard in my life. You know, the whole there are There was part of the foreign policy establishment that back in the twenty teens was saying, hey, don't be leading Ukraine down the primrose path. Is the one diplomat put it that they're going to just come over to NATO and go with the West and it's going to be fine and dandy because Russia is going to go crazy over that.
Speaker 2: And indeed there was a lot of truth to that.
Speaker 1: But to stay and again, sometimes when Trump is doing the right thing, he describes it so badly it's impossible to know what is thinking. Is But for a generation of Ukrainians to say, you're giving us a choice between the thug kleptocracy of Kremlin or being part of the West with free markets, human rights, free speech, et cetera, we want that second one to suggest that that provoked Russia to invade them.
Speaker 2: To me is well, it's a pilot crap. We'll see how this plays out over the coming days, weeks, months, years, and centuries as it all fits. No, we won't. I'll be dead. Well, maybe you'll be I got planned. Okay, right after a lot more in the way. Stay here Delta confirming that it is offering thirty thousand dollars to each passenger, no strings attached, and only one person remains in the hospital. Yeah, so here's thirty thousand dollars. Sorry, we landed upside down. Okay, So is that so you don't sue them? You probably have to sign some sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suspect it's a preemptive settlement. It's not clear exactly what caused it yet. I'm really curious to hear that I've gone deep into the helicopters slash airplane wreck at Reagan National Man multiples grew ups multiple.
Speaker 2: Sorry about that landing upside down thing. Here's a here's thirty thousand dollars. Let's can we still be friends? Yes, Katie?
Speaker 1: Well, technically as they landed right side up then flipped upside down.
Speaker 2: So at least they didn't give them like a voucher for a free flight, right, why did they do that? Or or worse like, sorry, we ruined your entire Christmas and you're not gonna get to your family. Here's a free drink on the next flight drink coupon. Yeah, basically, here's four dollars.
Speaker 4: I'd be okay with having a tire pop if I got a thousand bucks out of here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, can you scale these down? I don't want to make that trade of the plane flips upside down? I'm hanging upside down. There are flames and smoke, and then I get thirty thousand dollars, but maybe for three thousand dollars a bag falls on my head. Wow, I don't take it worse like that. I'll be okay, see your point.
Speaker 1: So coming up some some very fun, lighthearted stuff I have about the you know, consumer issues. Also freaking moss handing over the bodies of four Israeli hostages, two beautiful little children, an eighty four year old peace activist who advocated coexistence with Palestinians. Just just terrible. Just see the story about the hero dog that passed away America's most decorated Special Forces as Secret Service dog, beautiful Melanoi black and just oh seeing him with his handler who loved him. And since my dog is old and sick and who knows how long he's gonna last, very touching, but man.
Speaker 2: I love dogs anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this dog had performed all sorts of great services and feats of daring do like he was trained to do, including when that guy got onto the White House grounds when Obama was in office, I think, and charging towards the White House. This is the dog that said no you're not. Oh yeah, and brought him down Beautiful beast too. Anyway, on a much less positive note, I was just going through email during the commercial break. Can we have some sort of national intervention. Maybe Trump can have Elon Musk take a couple of days on this to talk to the people who reflexively reply all to group emails, including I'm part of an organization, the guy said at the end of the email, reply to me only thanks. Five minutes later, mister reply all hits everybody with his whether he'll be there or not and the rest.
Speaker 2: They had a couple of comments. What drives that you feel like everybody see your comment?
Speaker 1: I think it is not fifty to fifty, but part of the group is old people who don't understand the difference between reply all in reply could be honestly and secondly, God who likes other people to hear his conversation full see in the midline of the grocery store restaurants.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're absolutely right, it's that person which they're annoying Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: So Los Angeles mayor Karen Bass, still trying to mitigate the fallout of her much criticized handling of the historic wildfires in La. She is now and apparently started an investigation into why she claims no one told her not to go on that infamous trip to Ghana ahead of the deadly fire storm.
Speaker 2: This is the problem with you being old, the Karen Bass. If you were younger, you would realize the news cycle on this passed so many days ago. All you did was remind people that you took off and stayed gone during the worst of disaster in California history.
Speaker 1: Right outside of Greater La, people had moved on to other fair But oh, that's right, the mayor of LA was taking some sort of pleasure junks, even though the fire danger was crazy high, and she'd got at the budget and left the city unprepared for a natural disaster.
Speaker 2: Everybody knew what was coming, right, You can't just not travel every fire season because there might be a fire. Once she was there and the fire started, she stayed till the end of the dang thing. That's the ground rime.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Union Lackey slash goon phony progressive Karen Bass.
Speaker 2: Okay, so now she's gonna get to the bottom of this. How was I not told? She wants to know. Next clip, it.
Speaker 4: Was going to be a very very short trip over a weekend and two business days. Although there were warnings that I frankly wasn't aware of. Although there were warnings, I think our preparation it wasn't what it typically is.
Speaker 2: What do you mean there were warnings you weren't aware of because I know we were talking about it on the news.
Speaker 4: It didn't reach that level to me to say something terrible could happen and maybe you shouldn't have gone on the trip.
Speaker 2: Why didn't it to me? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that that's one of the things we need to look at.
Speaker 1: This is straight out of the Gavy Newsom playbook. In California, under the one party benevolent leadership of the Democrats, these terrible problems happen, and then they vow angry to get right to the bottom of how this happened.
Speaker 2: Who let this happen? We're going to root out the evil? Why exactly? I've never been so many Can you see how many home most people we've got here.
Speaker 1: I've never been so angry. This can't stand exactly. Back to Charlie Painter's report.
Speaker 5: This fire Department is responding sternly to the Mayor's claims she was not warned say the department followed all standard preparation procedures.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 5: Prior to the Palisades fire, the LAFD email, two separate media advisories conducted multiple live and recorded media interviews about the predicted extra fire weather and notified city officials about the upcoming weather event.
Speaker 1: She's a lying piece of crap, I think is the bottom line here, lying union lackey piece of crap. Keep voting the same way, folks, and wait for that different result.
Speaker 2: To come down the line. Tell you what. Okay, we got a couple of responses of the one of the stories of the day, definitely the week. Now, like I said, maybe year, decade, or century is how this whole thing between Ukraine and Russia is going to handle it? And uh, you know why is Trump claiming Ukraine started it in bad mouthing Zelensky. So a couple of thoughts on all of this that I thought were interesting. And then I've got a couple too that I thought were quite compelling.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I won't say who's this from, but somebody we work with. Does bashing Zelensky make it so Putin will come to the table. I was thinking about that. Actually, Trump has worked with a lot of probably mobsters in trying to get deals done in New York over the years, and the extent to where you had to make them feel like the tough guy and the you know, the guy who calls the shots all the time and everything to do business with them at all and get what you wanted probably somewhat similar to Putin.
Speaker 1: It could be the only thing that bothers me about that is that Putin's a reptile. And if you bad mouthed Zelensky to make Putin feel like there's a chance of a deal, Putin is thinking, Okay, now he's bad mouthing Zolensky to make me think there's a better chance of a deal. Possibly you're not gonna outplay Putin at poker.
Speaker 2: On the other side of it, Zolensky, we got this text. Zelensky has to convince his people that he had no choice but to accept a deal that gives Russia crimean don boss, and he needs to blame the US for putting Ukraine in an a possible position where this was the best and only outcome. I wouldn't be surprised at all. I don't know by it. I don't agree with this, but I wouldn't write this text. I wouldn't be surprised it off. Zilinsky and his team requested of Trump that they behave like this publicly to cover Zelensky's needs. The likely resolution of this conflict hasn't changed since six months into it. He needs cover for agreeing to it. That happens sometimes in international uh politics. We all know that that was kind of happening between Biby and bb and Net and Yaho. I think where he'd say I gave a s turn talking to BB Nett Yaho and then they'd send him a bunch of planes and bombs. Oh Biden, Yeah yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So so that point of view you just read, it's not the crack pop No, no, absolutely not. My only criticism of it, I don't agree with it, but it's it's it's a reasonable point of view is that I don't think Zelinski has the slightest interest in staying in power past.
Speaker 2: No, you know, whatever juncture he can't. No, God, I think he's an actual patriot. I've got one more either way, one more. Uh. This is pushing back to the whole NATO thing that you brought up earlier. I don't think Charles c. W of National Review was listening, but he was arguing with people who make that argument that Ukraine and US did start the war by talking about Ukraine being part of NATO. Alaska became a state ten years after NATO was founded. That was a provocative NATO expansion. We made Alaska a state so we would have territory there, keep an eye on Russia to be able to have a military base. All that sort of stuff. Was that provocative if Russia had gone to war with US, or we to blame if they had attacked us or whatever.
Speaker 1: The problem that I have with that point of view, and again, it's not insane, it's just that it always underestimates the cost of being passive or submissive or not being robust.
Speaker 2: Right. They always act as if if we weren't mean, nobody would be Yeah, exactly, exactly, yeah, and yeah. That oversimplifies your argument and it saves me time. Though, more and more and more thing from Charles c. W. Cook. He said, rumors now that Trump is playing seven dimensional chess. I love Charlotte.
Speaker 1: So got this from Moe, longtime correspondent listener as a militant Magas supporter. I too am baffled by WTF Trump is doing with Ukraine. I do agree with and support the position that Ukraine and Zelensky are corrupt, et cetera. I have two very brief answers to that, and the first part is not I'm not trying to blow my horn or anything like this, but my giant senior project way back in school was was about the Soviet republics that were not Russia, and then when they crumbled right after I got graduated, it's been so interesting to watch how they have assimilated mostly into the West and have moved beyond the Soviet style of communism corruption into a more Western way of doing business. And it's been halting and imperfect. It always is. The Yes, there continues to be corruption because the only way to get ahead in the communist system is to be corrupt, essentially, and so working through that is a really difficult thing. The second caveat I would throw in is that profiteering and wartime are like inhaling and exhaling. They have never existed without each other.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: It was one of Lincoln and Stanton's greatest challenges during the Civil War. The extent to which profiteers in the North and the Union were screwing the government and making it harder to end the war. So to point out waste and some fraud during wartime as some sort of proof positive that therefore Zelensky's a bad guy and must go.
Speaker 2: It's just not the way it works. I'm not sure that's so much chaos. That's all true, but I'm not sure why it matters anyway. We went to war with Iraq first time around because they invaded Kuwait, which was not a democracy. If if Saudi Arabia got attacked by Iran, we'd be on Saudi Arabia's side and fight with them. They're not a democracy. They're all kinds of corrupt and everything it doesn't run. If Ukraine is friendly to the United States, we can't live in a world where a country that's an enemy of Europe and the United States gets to invade it, right right.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, it's a good conversation and dissent is more than welcome. You know, you can drop us an email, mail bag at armstrong in getty dot com or a text four to one five two nine five KFTC. Disagreement makes my ideas stronger or convinces me that yours are better. You're doing us a favor by disagreeing anyway. But Moe goes on to say one thing Trump said in the incredibly good interview with Musk on Hannity, and it was super informative and entertaining.
Speaker 2: I would agree in.
Speaker 1: The course of a fairly casual conversation, he said, I believe I have the power to end the war.
Speaker 2: If I do, I should do it.
Speaker 1: And Trump has said many things that strike me as sincere to indicate his horror at the human cost of the war, and he honestly thinks, I think that somebody needs to end it because it's horrific and it's needless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that gets to that point. We mentioned a couple of times, it's not gonna there's not gonna be a better outcome. All you'll end up with was many, many, many more dead people on both sides. There's truth there. Yeah, absolutely is personal problem after this. So we're in the middle of basketball season now, and baseball season is about to start. I don't know which one of those you're most into, but you've got opinions about sports. You could turn them into money with the Prize Picks app. Yep, it's really fun and easy. Join over ten million users. Sign up today for Prize Picks. Best place to get real money sports action. Yeah, you download the price Picks app. You sign up today, You get fifty dollars instantly when you play five bucks. You don't even need to win. You see the fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed. So you know, you see some player that's hot and you think out they're going to do better than that tonight, you jump on the Price Picks app.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks also offers weekly forro motions that can lead to big payouts, like Taco Tuesday. Each Tuesday, Prize Picks discounts select player projections up to twenty five percent to provide even more value for your lineup. So again, all you have to do to explore this is download the app today. Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play just a five dollars lineup for your first five dollars.
Speaker 2: Prize Picks is the app.
Speaker 1: Armstrong is the code get fifty instantly when you play five Prize picks.
Speaker 2: Run your game. My fingernails are the longest they've ever been in my life, and I'm disgusted by it. Are you homeless? Do you need a place to stay? Yes, Katie, I was just wondering if you've ever heard of nail clippers, right, So that was that was insulting. I had nail clippers. I've never used them much throughout my life because I have the really bad habit of chewing my nails. I've always had it, yeah, and I've gotten away from it a couple of times with just a little bit of discipline, and I'm trying to do it again. But I keep forgetting to trim my nails because it's not part of my routine since you know, I keep them chewed to a nub anyway usually. But now they're really long, clean, not like Bob Dylan in the movie or Timothy Chalet in the movie. Watch that, and that's a very accurate thing. If you go to the Bob Dylan movie, his portrayal Bob Dylan with the long, dirty fingernails is accurate. But how do you play guitar like that? I don't know. I don't know. Long fingernails are anathema to playing guitar. Yeah, but I need to buy clippers. It's gross. I've always I've never trusted guys with long fingernails.
Speaker 1: Well, if you need to borrow the two dollars, come to me. We can start to gofund me and they're available everywhere.
Speaker 2: So do you swallow the nails? Oh? Oh, Michael, A good question but disgusting. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: My fingernails are so like thick and hard. I don't think I could choose them off. Have you been spitting them in jail all these years when I turned my back, idiot?
Speaker 2: One of the reasons. And it's a terrible habit, not an uncommon one, but a terrible habit, especially as an adult. But I have a family member with OCD who choose them down to bloody and just can't stop. And so I'm hoping that by you know, because you know, doing that in front of him is not helping with trying to convince him. It's a bad idea once again, an example of having kids making you a better person because you have to live up to various things you believe in. As an example, so annoying. That would be so freeing once they go and I can go back to old mestre eating nail bite and Jack crosswalking, all kinds of things.
Speaker 1: Wow, jaywalking rather a So what do we want to do next? I have many, many options.
Speaker 2: There's some more because they did a two day version of Elon and Trump together on Hannity and they had another round of them, and some are pretty good, including our I'd love to hear that maybe the clip of the year. We've played it a couple of times already. It could end up being the clip of the year, just because it matters so much to us.
Speaker 1: That would be Elon's second win, by the way, unprecedented.
Speaker 2: Wow. Well, you know, things are getting weird, and they getting weird fast. That was clip of the year two years ago. Stay with us.
Speaker 6: I really want to I really want to emphasize to people that that's a very important point. If we don't solve the deficit, there won't be money for medical care, they won't be moneyful for Social Security. We either solve the deficit, all we'll be doing is paying debt.
Speaker 2: It'd be a pretty dry clip of the year, but it's gonna be. It's I guarantee it's going to be in the running, just because it's so flipping true and important.
Speaker 1: And the fact that him saying that out loud is novel and surprising just is shock.
Speaker 2: I know the answer to this, but I'm going to say it anyway. Why does every single news report about Elon Musk include the phrase world's richest men? Because news is for stupid people? Or I don't know. Well, I think they're trying to insinuate some sort of untortinous and that he's cutting things while being the richest man in the world, and that's supposed to be ironic or scary or something scary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we well, in ironic, Yeah for dumb people.
Speaker 2: Again. Ah, it's obvious.
Speaker 1: And this has been well documented that our society has gone from admiring success and hoping to emulate it to wanting to demonize it and acting like being successful is self evident proof of being a bad person. It's a very socialist, awful way to approach life.
Speaker 2: But this was a part two of the Hannity Interview first interview with Trump and Elon together last night, and you probably haven't heard a lot of this. So here's a little more.
Speaker 6: Provided the economy grows faster than the money supply, which means you stop the government over spending in the waste and the output of real useful goods and services exceeds the increase in the money supply. You have no inflation, and you also drop the interest payments that that people pay because if the government waves youuly. Yes, the reason the interest paiments are so high is because the national debt keeps increasing, so the government is competing to sell debt with with the private citizens.
Speaker 2: This drives up the interest rate. So if you have a.
Speaker 6: If you cut back on the deficit, you actually have an amazing situation for people because you get rid of inflation and you drop the interest rates.
Speaker 2: Yep, which one you want to know?
Speaker 1: Let's go with twenty six. Trump was talking about media so many people. You know, you're talking about the radical left. They have the lowest ratings. Ms NBC is dying, CNN is dying. They're all dying. The New York Times.
Speaker 3: Is doing a lousy The Washington Post is doing horribly. They're all doing badly because people don't buy it anymore.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Well, let's let CNN respond and the person of Kara Swisher twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Michael, it's like a sequel to I Love You Man, but bad like a bad one. It feels like a buddy comedy. It's very it's a very it's Ron camm in some way.
Speaker 3: Although it's not funny, it's very it's a very strang I thought, I thought George Bush, if I used his term, that was that was weird.
Speaker 2: That was some weird ass. Yeah, some weird stuff. Yeah, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I can hardly even get myself worked up to be, you know, annoyed with CNN and MSNBC anymore. They're just such clowns and their significance is dropping so steadily. It's like, okay, if you and your thirty one viewers enjoyed that. There they are talking seriously and soberly about America's debt problem and the damage it will do and how to solve it. And all you've got is that was like a sequel to I Love You man, Who's weird? And that was some weird ass? No wonder you're going away? You're terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I've been saying this now for By the way, today is the one month anniversary of Trump becoming President of the United States. Does it seem like he's been president for a month? God, how many presidents have happened in US history where nothing happened in the first month. I mean nothing.
Speaker 1: The Carl Rove wrote an Interest In column saying, Hey, Trump's gotta slow down some so the American people know what you're doing. Celebrate the victory at the border, tour the border straight states, talk to the governors because news junkies know what's happening, but the average American might not have noticed yet.
Speaker 2: I think he had a decent point. Oh, I think there's all kinds. There's a small thing slipping by, whether it's you know, getting rid of plastic paper straws, or maybe the trains sports thinger, just because there's so many news stories per day. Our four is on the way.
Speaker 1: If you don't get our four, subscribe to our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand listen to it later.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty