Speaker 1: Who do you who? Everyone, Today, we are releasing our live show from this past weekend at SF sketch Fest featuring Mosha Kasher and Jeopardy icon Amy Schneider. We are so gratefully both did the show, and we're so happy you guys sold out Cobb's Comedy Club. We had such a great time in San Francisco. Huge shout out to the whole sketch Fest team for having us, and to motion Amy for being so game and just so funny and generous and smart. It was a really, really lovely night and a great weekend before this insane week And so we hope you enjoy the show. We love you, and we'll be back with normal episodes next week.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow. Podcast starts starts now. And guess what I did that wrong. Let's take it from the top. Live show starts now. The one thing Sam said to me was, so we're doing live show starts now? I said, correct, correct the window.
Speaker 3: I meigo, why would I need to ask?
Speaker 1: Why? Why would you need to tell me that?
Speaker 3: First of all, how's everyone doing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What's up you guys? I just want to say your city has had such an amazing effect on the world globally and politically, and it is an honor to be here celebrating your achievements tonight. Congrats to us, all, Congrats to us all. Congrats on a TikTok band. You guys did that. You did that, We did that. We're not going back. I can't wait. We're so we're really pro TikTok man on a pod. Is it because we've never quite cracked it?
Speaker 3: Okaybe no, that's not why it's that. Couldn't be it. It's just because we love Instagram reels so much. Yeah, it's I have no hate for TikTok, I just love Instagram.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We just think Mark Zuckerberg is like a better entrepreneur and he deserves a success more than whatever that other guy's name is.
Speaker 3: Plus his makeover is awesome. Yeah wait, that's.
Speaker 1: Coming up later. But we're so pro Mark Zuckerberg's makeover. He looks so fucking hot, you guys. I wish he was here.
Speaker 5: I learned something kind of groundbreaking today. George has met Mark Zuckerberg.
Speaker 6: Yep, better believe it isn't that weird? Yes, real resounding, Yes, you know you know the content. Thank you for having context. Queen in the house. Get this, we have a context, diva. Get this, Diva. I worked at Facebook.
Speaker 1: He's one of you, over a decade ago, over a decade, back when.
Speaker 3: Back when Facebook was still.
Speaker 1: Punk, back when Facebook was still punk. And the big controversy my first week. Let me know if you remember this, I know this is a gen Z slash Gen Alpha crowd. The big controversy in my first week there was the Emotional Contagion study, which is when they gave some people negative content and some people positive content without asking for their consent, and then they like saw how that affected them. Doesn't that seem so quaint? Can you imagine? That was like a month long media cycle. Now now they're murdering people anyway, So how.
Speaker 3: Did they risk on in the office? What was the vibe like?
Speaker 1: Well, I walked in and I said no more of that and not enough, and they made me VP of Emotion. So that's happened. So that happened. So that's happening tomorrow. TikTok is going blank. It's on Sunday whatever, I'm on New York time. It's after midnight for me, and then and then Monday and Monday we have the inauguration. So again, congrats you guys, you guys, congrats all of that. It's going really well. What else was on our mind?
Speaker 5: It's funny because like I really I still want to dig into this TikTok thing a little.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. Let's do it.
Speaker 3: Is anyone here sad about it? Is anyone here happy about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The hell I thought this was a tech town. You guys have moved on. You guys are like TikTok is so like it's so like I feel like here they have already have a different a VR hologram app that they're all doing.
Speaker 5: George, I have to tell I think, I think I have to tell you something.
Speaker 1: Tell me.
Speaker 3: So what I was about to say was that this that was a very divisive response, and I realized something today that I think you guys will resonate with you all. When someone says, at least I sparked a conversation, they've lost the argument.
Speaker 5: When someone says, well, I've created a dialogue, yeah, that means they've made zero points. I'm kind of obsessed with it as like, well, good or bad? We're speaking, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good or bad. San Francisco's the land of contrast, and.
Speaker 3: I find that to be so so powerful. So it's like that TikTok thing. I was like, Wow, no one can say we didn't start a conversation tonight.
Speaker 1: But don't you think that's like them? That is what social media is. It's like, well, they're all talking, that's what When Mark Zuckerberg is doing his is at the congressional hearings, answering questions, They're like, are they murdering? He's like, yeah, but they're talking. I love that. We're a tech podcast. Yeah, We're a tech podcast and everyone loves it. Wait. We also wanted to talk about how this is so far the worst year ever. Thoughts, how's everyone's year? Is anyone's zero off to a good start? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes? The context eva?
Speaker 1: Oh oh do you I'm so shocked that the context eva has had a good year because I feel like it's not a good year for context. Do you guys think twenty twenty five is good for Do you think context is in or out? In twenty twenty five? Out out? But here's the thing. To me, the peak of no context was Kamala is Brat And so now I think the fact that the fact that people rejected that means there was hunger for context, but people don't know where to look, so they're like him, like, you.
Speaker 5: Know, I think, no matter what, no matter who wins the election, at least we're talking about context.
Speaker 1: And by the way, by the way, yeah, we're still talking about the election as if it hasn't happened. It'll happen when we say it does. They haven't finished counting the votes, you guys.
Speaker 3: Seriously, if we all get on our phones right now, we can change a vote.
Speaker 1: Who's voting late? Do you guys vote late? So okay, twenty twenty five, we were literally recently actually having a conversation about what is one good thing that happened in twenty twenty five? And you famously said, I've been sleeping, well.
Speaker 3: Spilled, I have been sleeping so incredibly well start to finish.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, what else? There was one more thing? Oh no, all right, what context queen?
Speaker 3: Context Queen says, what context Eva says?
Speaker 1: What new insult just dropped? Wow? Damn. I like the idea of context Diva being potentially even a government position that you can be elected to. She's running for you know, she's running for context Diva. She was controllers so she would be pretty good at it. She's just used to context and things being in or out of it. So this is actually kind of a big idea. I think context Diva how localize? Are we thinking?
Speaker 3: Well, I think we need the one on the state and national level.
Speaker 1: No, because here's the thing. Sometimes you know, you'll get Kamala talking, You'll get Frum talking. There's no context. We need someone to come out. She's wearing a pinstripe suit, she's a lesbian, yes, and she opens a book. I think it's an amazing idea.
Speaker 5: I mean, I do think calling you know, essentially we have context Diva's already.
Speaker 1: In the historians.
Speaker 3: Sure, but I guess it's like so I hear a historians and I'm like, no, yeh, get you know.
Speaker 1: What else I do that for journalists? Like context Like who's academic? Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: I'd rather jump off a cliff. I'd rather jump off a cliff. But when I hear context Eva, I'm like work.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing, I'm almost like, it ruins it. If she is elected democratically, Not to be anti democracy, but it's like, guess who's else is elected democratically? All the other losers that she's in charge of keeping in keeping track of.
Speaker 3: Well, there will be no ethics in the context diva industry. I think what it should be it should be, Is this good?
Speaker 7: Excuse me?
Speaker 3: Yes, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I think the context diva should be more of a spiritual position.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, I think you should almost be in churches.
Speaker 5: And I think when you're speaking like say, like the spirit takes you, you can be context diva.
Speaker 3: Oh you can be like actually it was like this in the seventies.
Speaker 1: I see. Well, here's the real dark darkness of all of this. Guess what democratized being a context diva. TikTok you open TikTok, you open one of these social media apps. Folks, everyone thinks they are context diva these days, so much so there's so much context that we exist without any context.
Speaker 3: Or being overly context being overly.
Speaker 1: Maybe the issue all along wasn't that we lacked context. It was that we had too much context and not enough content.
Speaker 5: George, can I be completely honest with you? That was context Diva.
Speaker 3: But suddenly I saw, because here's the thing kt Tunstaul original context Diva.
Speaker 1: Are you ready for this? Oh? I'm scared? Actually, content creators. All right, get ready, content creators, what are they actually doing? Just commentating? They're not creating anything original. They're actually context creators. What content creators are doing are taking existing content and saying, you know, in the nineties, you know Kate Moss like walked in this runway and then she did this, and that's not content. They're actually just creating context. So all we're doing is we have a pre existing content. No new content is being made, but we're just recontextualizing it and recontextualizing it based on everyone's weird little biases. George, thank you, context Diva.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm like, g George, you're scaring people.
Speaker 1: This is crazy.
Speaker 3: There was a moment when it really felt fire and brimstone.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like I'm making a point that felt accusatory? No, no, no, no no, I genuinely can't tell.
Speaker 5: I think you are making a point. It's just like it's getting complicated because I think we're forgetting that we're at a comedy show.
Speaker 1: So this is a podcast about straight culture, and what usually happens is we'll think of different topics and I guess you could say contextualize them based on whether they are straight or gay? Would you say that's correct?
Speaker 3: I would say that's one hundred percent correct. Context Diva.
Speaker 1: Is that Context Diva? Do you agree?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Shure, they make attention.
Speaker 3: This has been notarized by the context Diva.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you are wh.
Speaker 3: Well that's crazy.
Speaker 5: Did everyone see that?
Speaker 3: That was insane? Not to be a bitch but I called that out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you did. That was crazy. So I'm having such a difficult time because I just want to theorize context EVA for another hour and a half. And I know that no one wants that, Okay, but keep going. So we're basically we're gonna we each thought up some sort of straight topics and we want to run them by you, and we want and maybe debate even with one another, and and sort of talk through what's gay and what's straight that we're noticing in the world.
Speaker 5: And I'll start go, I have something that I think is very straight, and I it is having a sweet tooth.
Speaker 1: This is this is interesting. This is interesting.
Speaker 5: I think having a sweet tooth is extremely straight because because the LGBTQ plus people, we have addictions.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it's like commit to something.
Speaker 5: It's like ooh, I love chocolate. It's like my friend is on meth. Like when when I hear like.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have such a sweet tooth, I'm like, you are, like, have you ever been out of the house?
Speaker 1: Having a sweet tooth is like microdosing being bad? Yeah, your entire religion is should we be bad?
Speaker 3: Having a sweet tooth is being like I shouldn't say it, but.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, it's like, shut the fuck up.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's I.
Speaker 5: I literally couldn't think of something more humble, something more like I haven't been out of my home?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, having a sweet tooth.
Speaker 5: But you know I have to I have to give a little context you. I just came to mind because I did hear a gay guy say it.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, I mean listen on the other you know, to play Devil's Advocate context eva, if you will. On the okay, that deserves an applause. But on the on the other side of things, not too late. On the other side of things, there is something about having a sweet tooth that gives Sorry, gay guy, adult living with his mom. She's asleep, He's going to the fridge, don't you think. And I have to tell you the context is that this guy had a he was a gay guy with a Southern accent, so he would say I have such a sweet tooth. Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: And and by the way, he studied well fully nude of course, right, So that's important.
Speaker 1: Contact There's something about being in the South that really brings out the horseshoe theory. You know, things, straight things become gay, gay things become straight. Sweet become savory. By the way, you know, what is the gay equivalent of having a sweet tooth? Being like, I actually prefer savory? Okay, drag my ass?
Speaker 3: And also I know that's my favorite thing is to go, oh, that's too sweet.
Speaker 1: Well I was about to say, of course, the corollary of that is, that's not too sweet? Is it? When ordering a cocktail? And guess what, spoilerler, it's gonna be too sweet. It's gonna be too sweet. It's gonna go ahead and be too sweet. Yeah, okay, So George, do you have one? Yes? I had one? Okay, So I was thinking, do you guys know way Mo is only here. You guys think it's normal. You're wrong. You think it's normal.
Speaker 4: I think it's normal.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm a normal, normal, blue blue bladed sure American. I'm coming here. I'm coming here straight off the bus. I see a car, there's no driver in it. I'm calling the police, and people trust this do just every time. Okay, this is a legitimate question. Everyone answered the same time. When you get in one, are you like.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, or are you literally like.
Speaker 5: No, okay, You're like, you're like filming, everyone's filming. What's I gonna do?
Speaker 1: Are you all creating content? Slash context? So I got in my I got in my weaimo, and I went to Sweet Maple for brush. I got the Millionaire's Bacon because I heard it was really good. I'm sorry, all my references are about fifteen years old. Okay, So you think I think waymo, Well, it's complicated. Here's the thing. I definitely think obviously gig guys also are evil in their own way. But I think I think acting so much on the instinct to not want to talk to someone, specifically when in customer service, because that's basically where it comes from. It's people that don't want to say one single word to their human identified uber driver.
Speaker 3: Which, so by the way, can be one of life's greatest pleasures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, and we'll have you know.
Speaker 5: Actually, though we were in a human operated uber today and we were crushing.
Speaker 3: We were the way we realized.
Speaker 1: We were having a normal conversation on the back. At some point we hear, well, look at each other, we say, let's give this man a show.
Speaker 3: I'd say, we got more ten minutes, ten more minutes on this thing, let's fucking go.
Speaker 1: And then I was literally like, all right, what do I got? What do I got? I read that Nelly is performing the inauguration. I say, I'm yelling, I'm really speaking for the back, for the back. I'm like, what is it gonna do hot in her?
Speaker 3: The man starts applauding, Oh my god, Oh my god. I mean, so there's the thing straight.
Speaker 1: People don't want to speak one word to their human identified uber driver. So they literally got military funding to make self driving cars. So what end?
Speaker 5: And just to counter you slightly, please, it is a little bit GI guy coated to be like I'm driving.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, yes, you're.
Speaker 5: Like there is something to be like, let's just see totally.
Speaker 1: But I know you mean there's also a personal touch there. Of course, of course there's a personal touch. Yeah, okay, what was your other one?
Speaker 3: Okay, my other one is this is well, everything I do is controversial because I men'swear.
Speaker 1: So men'swear is straight? Is the contention? People are scared.
Speaker 3: People are waiting with baited breath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, are you guys okay? Yeah? Are you choking? Are you guys choking on your tenders? Right now people are taking off their Evan Canori jackets and throwing them in the trash? All right, context even, no, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I think men's wear is like, okay, so clothes or gay guy.
Speaker 5: Everyone knows this obviously, but but gay guys know that, like clothes matter when a woman wears them.
Speaker 1: Right, Like that's fashion. Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 5: When a man Like there's this thing happening with men's wear where it's like like almost being like.
Speaker 3: I can take care of myself in fact, I don't need anyone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's like turning into this like armor of like thousand dollars watches.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, let women have one thing they can't have fashion now you're doing fashion for men.
Speaker 3: I just I would say.
Speaker 1: It's in cell coded if anything, so quite literally, it's literally like I like clothes because I can't find a woman. Yeah, yeah, are they by the way, they're also okay? First of all, when women dress for other women, that is we're gonna go ahead and say sleigh boots. When a man dressed for another man, it's like, how about you go to therapy.
Speaker 5: There's something I can't elaborate, but militaristic about it, of course. And it is like when you see like a stylist dressing a woman. Yeah, and it's a gay man. He always looks horrible. That's high design, yes, because he knows that his clothes do not matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to have you have to be egoists.
Speaker 3: You have to forget who you are and lose yourself in the in the textures.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the vibrant hughes. Yeah. It's also like develop any other hobby, you know what I mean? Of course I always agree with you. Hold on, I'm looking at my list. Okay, So my other one was gonna be Cheryl Samberg because just to go with a Mark Zuckerberg, because guess what, you know what you know we haven't heard from in a while. Cheryl Samberg? Where the hell is she? Does anyone know? She's actually here? Must be her moment.
Speaker 3: I could have been right.
Speaker 1: I was right before. Can you do?
Speaker 3: George did an incredible impression.
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't doing an impression. She just she has the perfect tone where she's like, on the one hand being so like, so the way this is gonna work. So what we did with this product is we wanted everyone to be empowered to talk to their cousin if they wanted to. But also, of course, if you want to set off a bomb and for it to go off in the Middle East, you can do that as well. And so she she she is able to like add a sort of like I would say, professorial auntie vibe to describing let's say, mass murder, you know, And I think that's what you have to look for in an executive, of course. But the point is now she's completely disappeared.
Speaker 3: Well, George, why can't she because she's a woman?
Speaker 1: Yes, Contextiva, is her behavior approved or no, oh, that's a.
Speaker 3: First bureaucracy is getting in the context.
Speaker 1: Okay. I sort of wanted to do the Bush era thing that we were talking about. You have to remind me, Okay. So we were saying, you know, obviously we're about to enter another trump eras so we were like, which disgusting parts of the last time conservatism was endemic are gonna come back, And I was saying, I think spring Break slash Girl's Gone Wild culture is gonna make comeback. But this time it's gonna be talk about context less like it's gonna be it's gonna be so confusing, whether it's empowering or not. Like Girl, if the Girl's Gone Wild version today is gonna be run by a like burnt tan woman from Florida who's like a billionaire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's gonna be like like, Unfortunately, my mom is gonna sort of be like, I think it's cool. She's like, I think it's cool what they're doing, and I think we should be allowed to express themselves.
Speaker 1: And then guess what in the next Trump administration that woman is going to be ambassador to the US thoughts. I think this is one hundred percent genius.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sometimes it scares me when you predict things because they will come true.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you remember when I predicted aerobics was gonna make a comeback and then literally Jane Fonda is doing it for Meta.
Speaker 3: Did you guys know which of you signed off?
Speaker 1: By the way, where's her statement? She's still working with Zuck Wow Hannoy Jane. They called her I'm right wing. All right, should we get the show started? What do you think? Yeah? What do we think?
Speaker 3: Should we get the show started?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we have to say we have two guests that I'm incredibly excited by. Well, I was about to say both bear Well Media. No, no, no, that's what I was God, say both Barria Natives. We did find out one of them is a Barry native. One of them has lived here since two those nine, which to my mind counts. I think it counts. So I think this is a hometown glory style show. And of course I'm a hometown native because I worked at Facebook in twenty thirteen, so you know, we all get it here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hometown. I was here for a wedding two years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh, please get a way, mo I'll meet you there. Our first guest, you are going to absolutely go hogwild for him. He is in fact doing his own podcast show, Endless Honeymoon tomorrow at four pm.
Speaker 3: As part of this best part of this festival.
Speaker 1: Even. Please start clapping now, give it up for Mosha cash. Wow, grab a chair, grab all Mike.
Speaker 4: Where is she?
Speaker 1: Where's the queen?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Wyeah context context Eva. I just had to contextualize who you are.
Speaker 4: Nice to see you.
Speaker 1: Wow, how's it going? Are you inspired by the context?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: This morning, I mean it was really psychedelic. It was really cool. Yeah, any thoughts about any of the amazing points we've made so far?
Speaker 4: I thought you both were charming and killed Oh perfectly. Yeah, that was really the scuttle butt up in the green room is these two boys are killing right now.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: I will say it didn't go quite as well as it did with our uber driver today, but we still appreciate all the laughs, y'all.
Speaker 1: I didn't love the points you made about men's wear, but other yeah, you know, I was thinking that as we were saying it, I was like, you are clearly someone who dresses well and likes how you dress.
Speaker 4: Like I would consider myself an in cell per se.
Speaker 1: No, I as I was saying it, I said, I could see you sort of backstage hovering, And I said, yeah, I saw the glimmer of that night.
Speaker 7: Yet.
Speaker 4: No, it's just I'm not he's probably on Reddit right now. No, because like I fucked my wife like all the time. You know, you know, you know what I mean, I'd be like Bob mother my child.
Speaker 1: You know this is so cool.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to bring really kind of like dick swinging straight energy right now.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, well there's anything that's dick swinging. It's a Japanese cardigan and crossing. You're like, damn, damn, damn got his ass so well.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to say that.
Speaker 5: I brought it up because men was close to me and the siren song always calls, and I always say stop it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be a part of this world.
Speaker 4: Oh you want to you want to dress I want sometimes I don't want to say better, but you want to dress better.
Speaker 3: I think we both it calls to us, but I know it's bad.
Speaker 1: I think for us, men's wear is like if we were evangelical Christians, menswear would be porn. Like we're like, we want it so fucking bad, but we know, but we think it's immoral.
Speaker 4: Can I can I tell you something gay?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 4: I would love the gay straight about porn that happened to me very recently, like last night, and it involves my wife, who you know, I'd be fucking on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: Fuck man, serious, fuck.
Speaker 2: She?
Speaker 4: I think it was. It might have been last night actually was like we were talking about something, and she was like, and that's why you that's why you exclusively jerk off to gay porn. Oh, that's what she said to me.
Speaker 1: Did she mean lesbian porn?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Oh okay?
Speaker 4: And I said what? And I guess early in our relationship I told her that I have jerked off to gay porn and she assumed that that was the exclusive content.
Speaker 1: We're married ten years. That's wild and she thinks that that's the only pornography that I consume. She is so accepting. Yeah, you would think it would be a fucking red flag.
Speaker 4: It's basically you, babe, and then it's gotta be man exclusively, like you are gay? You are a gay man.
Speaker 1: Maybe she thought she turned to that gay.
Speaker 3: Oh that's cool. Did did did you feel like was it hard to dispel this rumor without seeming defensive?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, yeah, you don't want to be all at all, actually, dog, because you know it's like I no, I I It was so confusing to me that she had taken one small detail and superimpose it over what I would say is a nightly hobby of mine.
Speaker 1: Jerking offs are gay porn? Yeah, which is just general general? Sure, what percentage are we talking is gay?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wait what percentage?
Speaker 1: What percentage of the porn you jerk off to is gay?
Speaker 4: It's just the one time I mentioned my wife. Okay, I would go ten, I would go ten, I would go ten.
Speaker 1: And can I ask you this is by the way, I'm so glad you brought this to us. What is it about it? What is what is context? Diva? Hear me out? What is the context here?
Speaker 4: Well, what do you mean? What's the context? I got a boner and lotion. I'm horny.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: No, Actually, now that we're bringing this up, it is my topic.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, wait wait, so you said you had a bunch of topics.
Speaker 4: No, this is my topic. Jerking off to gay porn is straight? No, I'm just kidding. Okay, I fully believe what's the content? Why you're saying I guess what I mean is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, try to tap into your inner sexuality.
Speaker 1: What what's what's speaking to you about it? Here's what I love about this, And this is how this is actually very dick swinging of you. I'm asking you what is the context of you jerking off to gay porn? And you're like, what the fuck do you mean?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: You are talking about jerking off to gay porn. You're like, what's the issue in which I love?
Speaker 4: I would say the context is I am an officionado.
Speaker 1: Sure of all porn and it's all hot to me. Yeah, well not all.
Speaker 4: There's one category I don't fuck with obviously, that's interracial. But no, I just I once in a while, I'm in a mood. It's a piccadillo, you know, I would say I I would say I'm ten percent gay, ten percent trans, eighty percent just meat.
Speaker 1: Meat and potatoes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Wow, well that was really amazing.
Speaker 1: Thank you for talking about give me up.
Speaker 4: Thank you, that was vulnerable space. Thank you for opening this queer space. Of course, listen, I guess come out. I guess yeah, honey, I'm seeing the headlines already.
Speaker 1: I love it to come out and immediately be like my wife thinks I only dronk off to gate porn. The fuck is her problem? Bitch? Well where else than radio la?
Speaker 4: Am I going to admit this?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Mosha, I'm Mosha, Mosha.
Speaker 1: We heard that you actually came with not one topic but several that you wanted to run by.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even that, it was that I was struggling with my sexuality. Of course, we know to come up with every topic that I came up with as uber straight, immediately felt gay again. And you said that that's an ongoing theme.
Speaker 1: I don't, it's a problem.
Speaker 4: I mean, I at first I thought about like my hobby, which is surfing, and I'm like, actually, there's nothing gayer than surfing. You know. It's like you put on like a skin tight rubber suit with your buddies and then you all lay face down and you get really excited when there's a big swell, you know, like yeah. And then I was like, let me go really straight UFC. And I was like, okay, I don't. That's that's as gay as anything is. I was like, okay, how about like fingering. It only took me a few moments to realize the flawed my logic and a few memories from the catch on my computer, and then I was like, well, how about like come comes pretty straight?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Like it shoots, you know, it's like, yeah, it's violent, it blasts. You know, it's straight. You're lucky. It's white stains.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's straight, it's white, it's male.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: But I only landed on on intimacy workshops.
Speaker 3: It this is so huge.
Speaker 4: Because I went to one two weeks ago with my wife. You know what I'm saying, Ah.
Speaker 7: So cool.
Speaker 4: Actually it was more it was more of a of a porn detox than an intimacy No, it was it. It was a real intimacy workshop. And we noticed that. And this is I'm noticing already that there's a bit of a slant towards gay men on this show.
Speaker 1: Would we say, oh, oh yeah, yeah, well we try, you know, we used to try to be more inclusive. I think we've sort of given up recently. I mean, you know, after the.
Speaker 4: Election, every couple was there were no gay male couples. There were twenty two couples, and there were some lesbian couples and the rest were straight couples. And we were Natasha and I were asking ourselves, where is where are the gay men? Where where are they? And we were like, oh, they're probably like having fun or something somewhere.
Speaker 1: So we can answer that for you. It's complicated. So, as we've said before on the pod, divorce is lesbian right and staying together forever, but being violently unhappy as game of guys because they're all open. So if they're like, let's say you go home to your husband. You literally hate each other, can't stand each other. There's no reason to change anything because you're already having the sex you would be having otherwise. You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're like, you're like, you come home, you throw your keys down. Your husband says like, huh, finally you're here. You pick your keys back up, You're going to the bathouse. Yeah, oh that sounds great.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: A straight relationship you just go, yeah, I'm here, and you sit down on the couch. Yeah, and dig in. What is straight? What's straight?
Speaker 1: Lesbian is divorce, staying with somebody straight somewhere in the middle. Yeah, straight is like being moderately happy in your second marriage. You know what I mean. It's sort of like, well I reached, like this is sort of the best that can probably get married. Yeah. Yeah. No, Sam is sorry, engaged, but in.
Speaker 3: Like an put it put in like an alternative way.
Speaker 1: Sam is obsessed with being fully in the price of planning a wedding, but not saying that he's engaged. Sorry, am I calling you out?
Speaker 7: No? You do?
Speaker 4: You call him your fiance?
Speaker 1: God? No? Now, how good? That's too basic or something? Yeah, what is he a lesbian?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So why weren't they Why weren't they there?
Speaker 5: They don't no, I think literally George is right, they're like out there like spending the money you spent on that to like go to fire Island and hook up as many people as they Yes.
Speaker 1: Their therapy is having three or their intimacy workshop is literally fucking another guy.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: I have pitched that to my wife so many times. The thing is it does help?
Speaker 4: Yeah does it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Actually?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Wait.
Speaker 4: You'll have a conflict with your partner and then go, well when.
Speaker 5: You're feeling a little bland and you're like, okay, it's time to mix it up, Like who are we anymore? It's like then you have sex with a third person and you're like, oh, that's who I am.
Speaker 1: That's cool. See I do that, but it's I keep it a secret from my wife.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, yes, that's why it's okay, yeah, wait, don't you don't put this podcast out.
Speaker 5: I'm curious, like, in this intimacy workshop, what we're like, what were.
Speaker 1: They getting up to? Like, because I actually am also very.
Speaker 5: There's an element of this that feels very LGBTQ plus where it's like, so you're all getting horny together.
Speaker 3: Oh, we weren't. No, we weren't.
Speaker 4: We weren't fucking each other.
Speaker 1: So here's what Sam is referring to. It's like there are actually they're one of the reasons I will say you didn't see gay men there is because there are intimacy workshop adjacent things like that that are like men only. There's a lot of like men only things that you don't hear about that are like sort of bath house adjacent culture. Well, they'll they'll phrase it like reconnect with your body.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like it's like a Lingham covering or where it'll be like everyone is edging right, but like there is also a psychoanalyst present. I got it.
Speaker 1: He's the guy you come off you do watch.
Speaker 4: Can I can? I? By the way, tell you I don't know this. This is weird. It's back to gay porn. But I was in a in a circle jerk when I was a teenager with with one gay man and a straight friend. Everybody here is just like, Okay, you're gay, Mosha, that's what's happening. No, you're Oakland. It reads similar, but uh, it was in the nineties This was in the nineties and gay I don't know if you remember this gay porn. They used to do multiple cum shots of the same com like it would be a guy like oh, and then there would be another angle and the same guy would have uncome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm familiar.
Speaker 1: Do they not do that in straight porn? No? Multi no?
Speaker 4: Oh, we like cinema verite. Okay, you can't come twice?
Speaker 1: Did someone just go awe?
Speaker 4: It was between an awe and an eu.
Speaker 1: Context E has thrown out her notebooks. She's like, they are all okay, so all right, but I do want to get into the specifics of what else happened at this workshop.
Speaker 4: Okay, well it was. It was conducted by an old hippie couple and the man. The man started. There was a lot of funny things that happened. But the man he had a harmonium. Let's start there. You know what that is. It's like a It's like a cross between a It's like an if an accordion was on psychedelic drugs kind of. It's like a thing that you do this with and then you play. And he would sing songs and they were very bad.
Speaker 1: I can see the auronicism in that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were really bad songs, but they were kind of beautiful too. It'd be like a everybody, hello, love, and he would say everybody before he had sung the whole song, so we'd be like, what do we and it would but they were very basic love hippie kind of like loving is good, loving is God. You love love and we would all have to sing together. And then his wife was there. He was a psychiatrist and she was a psychiatric nurse. They'd been together sixty years.
Speaker 1: They were all over each other.
Speaker 4: Like constant touching, fondling. He mentioned the fact that he had cheated on her within ten minutes of the beginning, and that was sort of the That was the table setting, and then opening night. We went around the room and everybody said their biggest vulnerability. Everybody, everybody and people we didn't know would say their biggest vulnerability. And that was really super intense and once you got really vulnerable. After that, I kept thinking we were going to talk about fights that we were having, and it was It wasn't. It was really very positive stuff. It was like what do you love about your partner? What do you can you your memories when you first met them and and it was actually a super beautiful experience.
Speaker 3: So this is so different than what I was expecting.
Speaker 1: Sam, What did you think?
Speaker 5: I'm like, so, when does the porn come on? Okay, when do you start touching each other?
Speaker 1: Oh? I see what you're saying. You thought it was a sexual intimacy work. Yes, Oh okay, okay, this was more of a It was like it was therapy adjacent. It was like, okay, building intimacy with your partner.
Speaker 4: I think I figured it out. Emotional intimacy, emotional tea is straight.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah. I would say there's a spectrum and it's like, emotional intimacy is lesbian. Yeah, straight is down the middle, right zero. Emotional intimacy is gay guy. Yeah, I think there's something to that. Okay, here's my sort of first thought about this. The emphasis on positivity to me, feels very straight because it feels like a sort of it feels like upworthy videos, Like it feels like a cliche ridden yeah, Like it's literally like, guess what it is. It's literally love wins, Like that's what you're doing. It's like you are saying we have issues and someone's.
Speaker 4: Like, sh it was sponsored by the Lincoln Project.
Speaker 3: Of that.
Speaker 1: That would be iconic if the Lincoln Project sponsored intimacy workshops for.
Speaker 4: Lesbians not to be not to be too sincere. But the the the the dodging of conflict was its secret sauce. I thought, like I said, we were going there to like work on ways to fight better, and instead we spent the weekend talking about how much we loved each other, which wasn't really the primary thing we were thinking about on the way up there, And it somehow changed the topic in such a way that it was it was really healing, and it was.
Speaker 1: It is it the content to keep going?
Speaker 4: Is this a form out of your show? I had this like realization that you would be and you as a married man and you as a as a fiance. I was like, why wouldn't you do this once a year or once every two years, do a tune up? It was tune ups. I think we can all agree, very very stressing.
Speaker 1: Well again check the tires, babe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I yeah, I mean I think I think that's part of stray cultures I really relate to. Actually, is there's this thing like I remember one time, like five years ago, my partner and I were arguing a.
Speaker 1: Lot, and.
Speaker 5: My guy, my best guy, and I were arguing quite a bit, and there was a moment where we're like, you know what, let's just bury it, like, let's actually not discuss it anymore.
Speaker 3: We're actually just gonna be like enough moving on. And it helped so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, So basically, you guys, you guys are repressed. You guys are literally rebranding wasp culture to make it more like burning Man like it's and I think he's genius.
Speaker 4: Literally the opposite of intimacy is that is right, exactly. Yeah, I'm getting really close to like an emotional truth for you. So what I'm gonna do is suggest that you build a callous over it. We never revisit it.
Speaker 1: I think it can be so empowering. Well, here's what I'll say. What if the agreement to create a callous is the most intimate thing you could do at the end of the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But by the way, that should have been my applause break. I just didn't bring it up quickly enough. That's how it felt. It felt like, even through the corniness of the harmonium, even through the like the weird flakiness of this situation, showing up was like eighty percent of what this whole thing was. So basically, anyway, that's the reason I came on the show. I'm actually planning an intimacy workshop for gay man only.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, And it basically what it is.
Speaker 4: You all stand in a circle, you stare at each other, you say your biggest vulnerability in the and you all just sort of ejaculate on me.
Speaker 1: Like that, and then you'll get to create some of Mosha's favorite videos.
Speaker 4: No, that is the video.
Speaker 5: Wow, well that sounds amazing. All right, any final thoughts on an intimacy workshop.
Speaker 4: I do have a final thought. This is uh for the for your audience, We're strugg Our podcast tomorrow is struggling. We have sold five tickets. No, I'm joking or very popular, but but we are doing a dating game segment and there's a there's a woman coming up that is going to do like classic dating game but show number two best or number three. She's queer, and we have two women and we would love a man if there is a man that dates women in the audience. So you're you're like, I'm a man, but you thought I was just like if there is a man.
Speaker 3: The fingers started flying and if there's only like one.
Speaker 4: You know, come talk to me after the show. But any further thoughts on intimacy workshops, I honestly think if you're in a relationship as corny as they are. It was one of the coolest things that I ever did. And it was really funny because there were couples in there. There was one couple that had been together sixty years the people that were leading it. Another couple been together fifty plus years, and the woman was in her last I think two or three months of life and they were dedicating themselves to put making those last three months intimate and loving. And I know that's that's getting right to that callus that you built over with your with your fella or your guy pal or whatever.
Speaker 1: They should have gone to Berlin.
Speaker 4: And then there were other another couple was there. They were like, we've been together since May. Oh yeah, and they were just high on cocaine the entire time.
Speaker 5: Yeah damn well give it up emotion cash everybody.
Speaker 1: Thank you, see you later. That was amazing. Wow wow wow wow wow wow. That was incredible. That was that was electric. That was electric. Then narrative to come out with, like you know, haha, gay porn and then to end on Love Conquers All. I witnessed a sixty year relationship like reach its pinnacle in front of me, and then she died. God, it would have been so great for the story if she died the end. I know, Oh that's too bad.
Speaker 3: Did you all learn something about intimacy?
Speaker 1: Okay? I want to know, San Francisco, make some noise. If you have been in anything that could be called an intimacy workshop, that's pretty good about Okay, I would have thought more.
Speaker 5: Maybe I want to say, this thing keeps happening tonight where like there will be like this. It's sort of one of my favorite things is where there will be three people that go like this, and it actually sounds much sadder and if there was no applause, that's true. It is genuinely. When I hear that, I'm like, damn, like queer art of failure.
Speaker 1: Wait, can I'll tell you something? This is so smart actually because guess what is like the sign of silence is crickets. It's not actual silence, like there's something about there's something about are you hearing this something?
Speaker 3: Sometimes you can be louder than silence.
Speaker 1: Fuck, like actual silence is in silence.
Speaker 5: Damn, George, you are so smart. Wait I also just confess something. Oh, when Mosha was doing the like fake straight guy handslaps.
Speaker 1: So you twice to me zero times, there was one time where he went like that and I literally didn't act fast.
Speaker 5: Enough and then was over the way that I genuinely felt taken taken in that was like, like.
Speaker 1: Oh, I trust he picked favorites and it did not go unnoticed.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe our next guest will also pick favorites, but the opposite way, so that, Oh my god, let's hope.
Speaker 1: So you guys, anyway, I feel like I just sounded like Busy Phillips.
Speaker 3: You guys, which would be an honor to sound like Busy.
Speaker 1: That's right, or I or like Rachel Zoe. Okay, I'm dad about this next guest.
Speaker 3: I'm doad.
Speaker 8: I die, I die, I die way out at the mac Ala in the bathroom, I was literally dad, and now I'm trying to I'm not talking about my mouth anyway.
Speaker 1: So she is quite literally one of the smartest women alive.
Speaker 3: I want to say, that's what they're that's what they're telling me.
Speaker 1: That is what I think. She was voted smartest woman alive. She is an absolute legend and an icon. She has a memoir alcoholed in the form of a question, look at us promoting worse. I'm literally so good at promoting. Please give it up for Amy Schneider.
Speaker 7: Yes, I am the I am the smartest woman alive. That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, congrats on that, by the.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because like definitely, you know, knowing the capital of Lichtenstein, That's that's what smart means. Like, yeah, that's that's why I am.
Speaker 1: Is the capital of linkedn' signed Lincoln's sign? Or is that just Luxembourg?
Speaker 7: That's Luxembourg, classic classic trap.
Speaker 1: That's a classic trap lit dudes. Oh of course, Well that was maybe my second guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, Amy, first of all, how's it going. Yeah, let's start there. Let's start there.
Speaker 7: Oh, dish, you're still asking people how things are going, and I know, like the timeline of well, yeah, things are going fantastic.
Speaker 1: Perfect, I'm so glad. Yeah, but this is my new my new character. Go ahead, no, please do it?
Speaker 7: No, wow, yeah, no, things are going wonderful. I'm trans I just got you know, this election just happened, and yeah, this is wonderful. I can't even play college volleyball these days.
Speaker 1: And we know, you know, people don't know that your passion has always been college volleyball.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 1: And you actually did Jeopardy because you were hoping to transition. That's the real transition is from Jeopardy to college.
Speaker 7: Now that that's been forever taken away from me, apparently.
Speaker 1: That is so sad. I'm so sorry. Yeah, so Amy, m hm, did you bring a topic with you and can you tell us what it is?
Speaker 7: I mean, yes, and yes, okay.
Speaker 1: I'm amazing at my job.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was great, well done. It was. It was a struggle because I was like, at a certain point dealing with the there's because there's the gay or straight spectrum, and then there's also the CIS or trans spectrum.
Speaker 1: Correct, right, because a very.
Speaker 7: Cis thing to do is to divide things up into categories. So I had to like work through that.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: If there's one thing we love, it's putting something in a box.
Speaker 1: Right. But can I tell you something? Theorizing about categories is trans.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, you got me, You got me on that one.
Speaker 3: Good job, yeah, yeah, but yeah, I mean.
Speaker 7: I had a lot of different ideas, but like I felt like the one that somehow felt most appropriate to this venue is colonizing Mars.
Speaker 3: Got it, colonizing Mark colonizing Mars?
Speaker 5: And what do you you know, feel straight about that off the bat, before we really get it into.
Speaker 3: What it feels straight about it?
Speaker 4: To me?
Speaker 7: Is that like it is this idea that like, you know, Elon Musk's specifically and a lot of other people have this idea that's like we're just gonna go to Mars and things will answers will happen, We'll figure out a way to do things there. Everything's gonna work out just fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh you know.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, I'm trans like nothing works out. I can't even put on an eyeliner, Like I.
Speaker 1: Don't like, now you want me to do it in Mars? Right, what's the gravity even like there? Yeah?
Speaker 7: No, I mean, but it is just this like like bullish confidence, yes that like, Okay, here's what we'll do.
Speaker 1: We'll go to MA And I also think you're pointing to the idea of having a big going big without thinking of the consequences or without thinking of the implications. It's like literally like doesn't that sound cool? And that's reason enough to do it.
Speaker 7: Right, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a childishness.
Speaker 3: The childish it's a childish just because everyone Quinn people have to.
Speaker 1: Grow up and specifically boyishness. Yeah, yeah, there's something also.
Speaker 5: You know when people like get a really big house but like have nothing to put in it, that is genius.
Speaker 1: That is what Mars is to me. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where it's like it's like, yes, we could maybe get there, well I mean yes.
Speaker 3: Maybe even live there, but what are we gonna put there?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: I mean yeah, I mean exactly.
Speaker 1: Next thing, you know, you have three kitchen islands in your kitchen and it's.
Speaker 3: Literally how about you just clean your fucking room?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah.
Speaker 7: This is my thing about like like the Elon Musk of the world being like, oh, we need to be a multiplanetary society like even that like on the scale of the galaxy. It's like ants being like, oh, we need to also colonize the kitchen as well as the bathroom. And now we're like, you know, doing it. No, we're still in this tiny little space. And you know what, I'll tell you what's on Mars nothing right, there is nothing there. But if you're you just assume that something's gonna turn up and be good for you. You're gonna be like, oh oh, turns out things worked out all right for me after all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. There's also a way that thinking big, which is so privileged in straight spaces, is actually defense mechanism against not wanting to focus on the small. So it's like Elon Musk wants to go tomorrow. It's like call your son.
Speaker 3: Or call your door.
Speaker 5: Yeah, question, Oh the context, okay, what is your question?
Speaker 3: What is your question? We always do this with our context, EVAs.
Speaker 1: Is the American tree straight? Oh, so we're just like.
Speaker 3: So we're just saying whatever we want.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something for our context. Eva, you sort of missed the boat on how this marked. But I but but okay, but here's but okay.
Speaker 7: But I we can relate that to I think this is really vold.
Speaker 1: And you're absolutely right, And now I'm and now I'm getting how you made the connection. It's like it's like, well, the American dream, of course, the American dream and also colonizing Mars both built on infinite growth. It's like you can you can do anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, well, and I mean this is the thing too, Like again, the you know, the the trans thing, because like you know, as as a white trans woman, I spent so much of my life in straight land, you know, and I've lost my train of thought. Hold on, sorry, yeah, but it's like, yeah, these things that uh, you know, we we're all on the outcast. We get put into these places.
Speaker 1: Shit, no, no, look, this is no. I love this.
Speaker 5: And we think, you know, we think your life is so glamorous as the smartest woman on earth. But there actually comes with side effects.
Speaker 1: Sometimes sometimes you can have too many sometimes you can have too many thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people don't talk about that.
Speaker 1: They only talk that's right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I don't have to do many thoughts right now. But what it is like things start out like the tech industry, yeah, the American Dream America itself. All the outcasts end up out there, and all the outcasts are a combination of gays, straights, queers, and also assholes. Sure, right, And then what happens is, as it gets more powerful, all the gays, straits and queers get filtered out and you're left with just the assholes at the top. And that's what's happening with the tech industry right now, is that we've just we're just left with the assholes.
Speaker 1: But here's my question for you. You're saying, initially America was outcasts and then the assholes rose to the top. Are the people going to Mars? Is the issue with Mars is that it's not the outcast going there? Oh my god. Okay, hold, So the issue with colonizing Mars is that it's not people that are like, I'm so weird, they'll only get me in Mars. It's not that it's actually right, because it's because it's not escaping to a safe space. It's literally colonizing and you playing yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah no, because it's like because I chose this because I used to I read like the Kim Stanley Robinson Mars trilogy and I loved that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah mm hmm yeah.
Speaker 7: And it's like it used to be so promising, just like computers used to be so promising that you know, the Internet used to be so gay and it has gotten so straight because like that's what happens, you know, we we've come along, all us weirdos have come out and done these new weird things, and then a bunch of other It turns out some of us were just like not weirdos. We're just like ass with no constraints that are like Elon Musk or Mark Zuckerberg and just want to like bang shit up and do shit.
Speaker 1: What do you think appeals? So the assholds are the ones planning to go to Mars?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fine, But then there are normal people who are excited by that proposition. What's going on psychologically there? Would you say?
Speaker 7: Well, I mean we all, we all wish we could go to Mars. We all wish to Mars, right, we all wish we could have a clean slate and a fresh start.
Speaker 1: Obviously, Yeah, settle down to the nice alien Sure yeah, sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I moved to Mars. It's just called La.
Speaker 1: Here's a question. Women are from Mars, men are from Venus. Men are from Mars. Women are from Venus.
Speaker 3: Who's from where? Who does what?
Speaker 1: Okay? Was that context eva?
Speaker 5: But the spirit took over? That's our deputy. Yes, the context EVA has security.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, got I gotta got it. Yeah okay. So here's my question for you. Colonizing Mars is straight. However, sci fi and space exploration in an ideal world should be queer, right, So what is the solution like, how do we reclaim the idea of you know, being being enraptured by infinity? This is such a tough question now, I think it's pretty easy answer.
Speaker 7: Oh, I mean, I don't know. I feel like this is another like CIS and trance thing, Like you think there's an answer like no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Period like yeah no, But it's like that, it is.
Speaker 7: It is just an eternal cycle, right, Like there's always going to be like a bunch of us going out, Like if you don't fit into society, you go out and find new societies that you might fit into, and that's queer and that's cool and that's great. Also, if you don't fit into society, maybe you're just a terrible person. You get like cast out and if yeah, I don't know consequences. I feel is like the main issue here.
Speaker 5: You know what I think would really powerfully LGBTQ plus getting stuck in space.
Speaker 1: Haven't you seen that Matt Damon movie He had to piss on the potatoes And what's not LGBTQ plus about that?
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: It is a part of kink positive piss play. I guess I'm a potato pick. He's a potato big he's doing intrimidtent fasting. He has a very strict diet.
Speaker 3: I think there's something about the one the wanting when you're like, I'm mostly thinking of the film Gravity, but when you are Sandra Bullock and you are stuck in space, you're LGBTQ plus Oh you mean stuck literally like you're like, how the hell am I gonna get hold?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: By the way, if you or in orbit, of course that's queer. But if you're on Mars, that's straight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like you're buying property and it's like, no, no, the most queer you can be a Sandra Bullock just being like whoa. When I saw that, I was like, I feel so seeen.
Speaker 1: Wow? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well and and also while we're on space, yeah, I mean, have we already discussed whatever.
Speaker 1: Pluto's up to? Wait, you're the person asks what the hell is Pluto up to?
Speaker 7: I mean, it is a big chunk of rocks that is out there in the universe.
Speaker 3: Again, it's a chunk of multiple rocks. Yeah, I was going, see this.
Speaker 7: Is this is again the cis trans thing, because it's like, oh cares, whether.
Speaker 1: Is okay?
Speaker 7: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, Pluto is just Pluto is just Pluto. I'm really understanding what's going on here, which is I think it is Mars exists. Okay, let's start there. It is, it is cis to try to bring it to human terms. Yeah, would you say that's accurate? Yeah, yeah, it was like, oh that's nice. It's like, okay Mars. Right.
Speaker 5: You know what's another LGBT thing would be to go to Mars and instantly die because you you met it where it's at, that's right, said, I see you, thank you, I'm dead.
Speaker 1: Right, it's like your fault. What are humans do here? Oh not not? Okay? Right? See all right?
Speaker 7: Which is also yeah, I mean where this comes into as my as a lesbian like that, like factors in as well. I was thinking with your like divorce and uh, because divorce is the lesbianis thing of all? Well of course, yes, oh we both hate each other. Let's drag this out for years. Yeah. I think the straight thing is having a mistress. I think that's the yes, that is, of.
Speaker 1: Course, is having a miss and les I mean lesbian sometimes get divorced without even getting married first.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that is real truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's that's actually an even bigger form of intimacy. Sometimes on a first date they'll be like, I want to get divorced.
Speaker 3: God, I wish we could go into a big legal battle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well so so you see my grinder profile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm feeling like I understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, I actually, but guess what is understanding? Sis?
Speaker 3: No, okay, that would be such a funny shape, like no, sweetie, oh sweetheart, oh sweetie, No, you.
Speaker 1: Happened out area for a long time. Simple. Okay, Well give it up for Amy Schneider. Everybody give it up again?
Speaker 3: From up Chasha.
Speaker 1: Wow wow wow.
Speaker 7: Wow wow?
Speaker 4: Can I do two quick updates?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: Please please?
Speaker 4: I didn't give my final My final takeaway from intimacy works right, And I thought about in the story, and there is a very cute by man in the audience who has DMed me and is down to do the dating game tomorrow. So I feel like that's huge. It was it's it couldn't be huger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what's his name? Because he actually should get kicked out.
Speaker 5: You're not suposed to be on your phone. Be here with us, please, Mosha's not going anywhere.
Speaker 4: But okay, my my takeaway that I forgot to say My real takeaway, because I was so busy trying to get this this by male representation, which thank you for participating, is is that that when you're in a relationship and when you're it comes back to, even with what everybody's been saying about how hellish the world is, when you relationship, not just with another person, but with this hellish world it is, you get into this grind of life where negativity is the only thing that will raise you out of your stupor in order to focus on actually engaging. That's why we go to therapy because we're so miserable. That's why you go to an intimacy workshock because you've been fighting so much with your partner. And my big takeaway was we never take a pause to do something intentionally positive. And that was like a giant shift in my relationship and in my relationship with the world. And I think as you go to your fiance, fiance, fiance and everybody, even if you're even if you're even if you're single, taking time in the in your life to say I'm going to set a date to do something that is infused with positivity, it was. It's a huge shift and it's changed my relationship and it can change your life too, and it is the straightest thing you can do.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's nice to say you, but motion we are an anti gratitude podcast.
Speaker 4: I am on a lot of MDMA right now. I should have said that for context.
Speaker 1: Mosha, you would love the album Radical Optimism by Dua Lipa.
Speaker 3: It's quite a rich text when you really dive into it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it might be time to do our first segment. I think it is, guess.
Speaker 5: Our first segment is called straight Shooters, and in this segment, we're going to ask you a series of rapid fire questions basically this thing or this other thing, to gauge your familiarity with and complicity in straight culture. The only rule is you can't ask a single follow up question or we will be so so upset.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, got it? Yes? Okay, squad AI or gay guy Gay guy.
Speaker 4: AI is a gay guy If you ask enough questions.
Speaker 1: That's t actually spilled. Okay. Rejecting the TikTok ban or premiering at Can, premiering it can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we're bout forty five, it's going to be premiering a can has nothing for us?
Speaker 5: Okay, being lost in music or getting slashed in Munich.
Speaker 1: I'm a Jew, so I'm gonna go ahead and not do Munich.
Speaker 7: Oh. I was gonna say being slashed in Munich. But it's just a dream. I haven't achieved it yet.
Speaker 1: The first step is dreaming. First step is dreaming. First at Munich, next at Mars. Okay, ethical polyamory or congressional gerrymandering.
Speaker 7: Whoa, I hate them both so much. Yeah, I guess ethic apology.
Speaker 1: They're both really bad, tough and actually rampant in this state.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna go with unethical polyamories.
Speaker 1: You're saying neither, Oh.
Speaker 7: No, I will settle on ethical polyamory.
Speaker 1: I have everyone always does.
Speaker 7: I have been to an orgy. I get it. I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, the most unexcited anyone who has ever been to sound Everybody here, this is San Francisco.
Speaker 7: Everybody here has been to a boring orgy.
Speaker 1: And the only person who hasn't is that bye boy that's about to be on one tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, Donald Trump's inauguration or Forrest Gumps jog through the nation.
Speaker 7: Of forest Gumps jog through the nation.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with the I just really respect intellectual fortitude, So I'm gonna go with Forrest Gump as well.
Speaker 1: Control all delete or lather rinse repeat, Oh, lather rinse repeat.
Speaker 4: Control all delete, because it wouldn't it be nice to control all delete? A lot of things that have happened recently.
Speaker 5: Okay, sex positivity or next, you're not for me?
Speaker 7: Uh? Sex positivity? Hey, area, come on, I.
Speaker 4: Think we've established that I am ashamed of my own sexuality, so it's going to be next, not for me?
Speaker 1: And finally, the Princess Bride done.
Speaker 4: Princess Bride?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree?
Speaker 7: Second, second, yeah, but read it just in care.
Speaker 1: The Christ he dies.
Speaker 7: That does not affect mine, okay, and I.
Speaker 1: Do not think that means what you think it means. Okay, Wow, I'm excuse me as you will. It's a line from the movie The Princess. Thank you. Yes, yes, yes, I was so scared. You're about to be a shooter. You think that's how it happens. They just burst into a high school, as you.
Speaker 3: That was so scary.
Speaker 1: I was like, what is this code? I'm by Wait, you think that school shooters are ren fair cause players?
Speaker 3: I mean, you have to admit if they're shooting at school, there's gonna be some drama.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing about school shooters. They are addicted to the drama. Literally. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 7: My younger brother was like, like goth the emo kid when column mine happened, and he's like, I am just being goth and dramatic. I'm not about to kill everyone. But everyone's like, oh, you draw weird pictures your notebook and he was so devastated.
Speaker 5: God, your your brother literally being like, I'm not dramatic. Yeah, I don't know what everyone's saying.
Speaker 1: I'm dramatic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Well that was an incredible performance. I think we read our guest on scale of one twent thousand dollars, and I think you.
Speaker 3: Both hit nine eighty eight.
Speaker 1: I agree with it. All right, Okay, we have to keep things moving, you guys, because it's literally three am my time. So our final segment is a second we like to do at all our live shows called issue there Yet, and I will explain the story behind it and then and then we'll get to it. So our dear friend, past guests of the podcast, Celesyim. Many many years ago, many many years ago, they were at the Toronto International Film Festival, tiff if you're in the industry, And they were at the premiere of the Grace Jones documentary, and then afterwards there was a talk back with a director and the director was saying something along the lines of, you know, they don't make icons like Grace Jones anymore. There's no icons anymore. And someone in the audience said, what about Janelle Manet and the director said, she's not there yet. She's not there now. We've never commented on whether or not we agree on that, and we never would, especially in San Francisco, not to be a bitch, but from that story, the game issue there yet was born. It's quite simple. We're gonna show you a series of people, places, things, and we're gonna basically all have a really open and honest, intimacy building conversation and they're gonna be you know, they're gonna be barrier themed. I would say, well, of course. So first lide San Francisco legend. N Is she there yet? She's so close, you guys, she's so close. One wrong step, you know, she just took one out step. What do you think. No, I've met her. You've met her? Oh yeah, I sworn to secrecy.
Speaker 4: I never met her, but I met her husband late one night at their house.
Speaker 1: Ah, that was me. That was after the intimacy workshop.
Speaker 5: That's all right, You're like, I have all this negativity. I need to take it out of someone.
Speaker 1: I think I'm gonna say. I mean, I hate to say. You know, she looks so happy in that photograph, which was taken many months ago. I am gonna it seems like the consensus is, no, she's not there yet. I got next line, next line. San Francisco legend Gavin seen here on the cover of the knob Hill Gazette.
Speaker 4: Now he is there. I mean, I can't believe. I cannot get over the fact that he used to date Kimberly Gilfoil and that Donald Trump Junior now dates Kimberly Gilfoyle and they look like the same guy. But if one of them went to Slytherin. I completely agree with.
Speaker 1: You, Mosha. My political views is I think he is. I mean, that is the face of someone who is there. Well, it's like, I even think.
Speaker 3: The way that he starts a conversation implies how there he is.
Speaker 4: He's there, and by there we mean in the vagina of his best friend's wife, Like that's how there he is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I guess you know, he is there as the avatar of like he's you know, Nancy Pelosi is over. He is the next generation of democratic failure.
Speaker 3: He is if Nancy Pelosi took the substance.
Speaker 1: He Okay, all right, he's there.
Speaker 4: He's there as an Adam Michelin star restaurant during a pandemic.
Speaker 1: Alright, is she there yet? So he unveiled this new version. It hasn't been beta tested yet. What do we think?
Speaker 4: No, no, I pick you guys are misunderstanding the question.
Speaker 1: It's not Are they good? Yeah? No, no, have they arrived?
Speaker 4: And he's definitely arrived version Absolutely, Darth Zuckerberg is among us.
Speaker 1: Like he's so.
Speaker 4: I mean, we should have seen it coming when he displaced all people in Maui for his mansion.
Speaker 1: He's there.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna, you know, respectfully disagree because here's the thing, Like he's trying to do this whole thing, but like, dude, look at your face, look at your hair. This is not a thing you can become.
Speaker 1: Right, It's just not possible. I think you're so right.
Speaker 5: I think there's something so like this is the first day after Christmas break and he's wearing all his new clothes.
Speaker 3: And it's like you have to slowly roll these things.
Speaker 1: Out totally, yeah, altely.
Speaker 5: And it's like almost implies like in a year he'll be something completely different, like next year he's going emo, Like we don't know.
Speaker 4: He definitely went to like a beta male workshop at the same place I went with the same harmonium guy. That's like you can be alpha brot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you guys took completely different things out of that.
Speaker 3: So so sorry, are you guys mad at George?
Speaker 1: Okay? Next line? Micro climate? Is she there yet?
Speaker 7: I mean she has been there in the main area, Yeah, but she maybe micro climates this whole time I do, I.
Speaker 1: Mean micro cli. It's so it's sort of like she's there, she's here, Where is she? It's a little bit like I think micro climates are like an alt girl. Yeah they're Caroline Polochech.
Speaker 3: But even like yeah, maybe, yeah, what do you think I do?
Speaker 1: I do not know what a micro climate is. As a very native to this day, I we didn't talk about things like that back then. Was a gentrifiers term. You're absolutely right.
Speaker 7: It did suddenly because this is this is where revealed Mosha is the actual native. I'm the one that only moved here in two thousand and nine. Mosha doesn't know what a microclimate is, the same way that fish don't know what water is. Like, that's just what it is out here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, interesting, huh so sort of No, everyone's saying no, I guess what I'm really saying is what is a micro climate?
Speaker 3: Do you all want to say it?
Speaker 1: In Unison?
Speaker 5: Whenever I come to this damn town, everyone's like, well, it's because of the microclimb.
Speaker 4: Well, I do actually think it is kind of a gentrifiers term because similarly to what happened to Oakland, where all of a sudden they were creating out of whole cloth neighborhoods I'd never heard of before, Like this here is not Billy. Will you not heard of that neighborhood? This is also phenomenon this maybe this was just rain when I was growing.
Speaker 1: Up totally, And I actually think it goes back to your point back categorization, like cutting up a city into smaller and smaller and smaller pieces is is heteroizing it.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know, I mean, I just like I remember, like having lived out here for a while flying to New York, staying at a place that was in like Brooklyn or Queens or something, and being like, well, I'm going to Manhattan tomorrow and checking my weather app and being like, no, what's the weather in Manhattan going to be like tomorrow? And then realizing, oh, no, this isn't the Bay Area. It's just going to be the same weather kind of everywhere all around, whereas here, like you had to you had to do that. So that's that's microclimates.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it sounds like she's on her way.
Speaker 3: She's still finding her voice.
Speaker 1: She's finding her voice next time. Micro fucking. I just want to say I made this. I just thought. I just thought Jared Leto like has the vibe of my I've never read anything about it.
Speaker 4: I thought that was Russell brand Man, and she's there. Russell's there in the arms of Christ. He's doing amazing micro.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, how do you think I did so well on Jeopardy?
Speaker 3: Did they drug test you for Jeopardy? No, that's an amazing detail. Actually, yeah, were you high?
Speaker 4: For real?
Speaker 3: Will they take away the money? If you say yes, I.
Speaker 7: I spent it, So I hope not not. In my original run, but maybe for some of the later tournaments maybe a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well now you're a star, there's more pressure. Yeah, you're like, you're like, what is anything that's good? Thanks? Okay? So yes, so yes, all right. Next there, next line, microaggressions.
Speaker 4: I think she's gone.
Speaker 1: I think she's was there five years.
Speaker 4: I think we're post to microaggression, microroggressions.
Speaker 7: Nobody needs to bother with them anymore. Just aggressions, aggression.
Speaker 3: Soon to be four white people being like, we're post microaggression.
Speaker 1: Damn, they like don't matter anymore. Man, Yeah, but we kind of ate with that.
Speaker 9: Next live, next line, Okay, Well, Apple watches does bring us back to my hobby of surfing, of.
Speaker 4: Course, because Tesla finally has integration with surf Line finally, and and I can and I can open it, and I do drive a Tesla because I support what the CEO does politically needless to say, and so I it's very for me personally in my micro climate.
Speaker 3: She's the there Wow, any thoughts.
Speaker 7: I mean to me? No, Like, I mean, that's my own perspective. Every time I see somebody like do something with their Apple Watch, I'm always surprised I agree.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 7: Oh whenever, oh, there's still out there's still out there.
Speaker 5: Whenever I see an Apple watch, like I get filled with like a sadness, like I feel like I'm watching like a space shuttle not quite take off, because.
Speaker 3: There's something so like, oh, you almost have us.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't.
Speaker 4: And I don't mean to make this political, but for you to even mention space shuttles not taking off after I mentioned my CEO, I just just that was a bit of a microaggression.
Speaker 3: No, thank you for calling me, and I appreciated it.
Speaker 1: And this is now. Microaggressions are only towards white man.
Speaker 3: Okay, ox next, liidei pants?
Speaker 1: Is she there?
Speaker 3: You? Who has them?
Speaker 1: Who has who has? Where is that my sexual guy? I'm sure all his closed are high tech?
Speaker 3: Oh you know they have little events everywhere.
Speaker 1: Bisexuals love wearables.
Speaker 3: Publish that.
Speaker 1: Publish that in the San Francisco Chronicle. What do we think?
Speaker 4: I'm sure they're they're sure they're there there.
Speaker 1: Wow, I guess they're on top of a bike.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, oh I think so, they're they're both.
Speaker 1: They're they're great.
Speaker 7: Because it's like it's like a day to night outfit. They're like both pre and post apocalypse. Ready, Oh, I love.
Speaker 1: That they what I am not pre or post sex Ready get them.
Speaker 4: What I have enjoyed about men's fashion in the last ten years is that it is shifted from structure to comfort. And I feel like I spent a decade suffering in red wings and structured genes, no offense at all. But now there are events. Now there are there's wind blowing through it. She is there.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, she's there. Next line, hate Ashbury hippies. Are they gonna make a comeback?
Speaker 7: I mean, hello, hello, Yeah, they are in Oakland.
Speaker 1: Right, They're They're just not in the hate. Yeah. I saw.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this answers your question, but I saw one of the craziest street fights I've ever seen in my life on Hate.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: There, it was all the It was the kids that lived in there used to be a housing project at the bottom of Hate and it was them, those teenagers versus the like like Hemp, homeless, you know, and literally the wizards were throwing staff they were fighting with staffs, and they were throwing quarts at the people. They I'm not joking, like there was there was Hemp weponry and honestly, the hippies won that afternoon. I'd never seen anything like it in my life. And it was a bit of a of a microdose where they are and they're.
Speaker 1: Out for blood all next line public issue there.
Speaker 7: If she was I would be nude right now.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I don't mind public nudity. But I did have a friend staying with me recently. We went surfing and he doesn't wear underwear, and we were and we were getting changed and he and he changed very boldly with like children about and I was like, you're allowed to not wear underwear and be that guy, but not you can't force everybody to be that guy with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's where it gets really complicated.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: You're sort of one of these like you're like, no, I can't get Pride.
Speaker 3: You're like, surfers are grooming our children.
Speaker 1: There children out there.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm a no king.
Speaker 1: Christian might be okay with me watching gate board, but he's not okay with someone whipping their cock out on the beach.
Speaker 4: I'm a no kink at Pride because I work for Pepsi and we're sponsoring.
Speaker 1: Wow, and that, you know, brings us to our final segment, thank.
Speaker 5: You Pepsi, Yeah, where everyone actually says thank you Pepsi one, two three, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Do you have any final thoughts about public nudy?
Speaker 5: Well, I I guess I just wanted to say. Sometimes I think I'm so chill when it comes to public nudity, and then i see like a like a nude family and I'm like stop it.
Speaker 3: Like when I met I was okay with public nudity. I met gay guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in my apartment yeah, like not like dad and son like stop. Yeah. All right, I think next lade as the last. All right, Wow, wow that was our show. You guys, thank you so much. Give it up one more time for Mosha Kasher and Amy Schneider. Thank you so much, having says goalgabye bye podcast and is now want more? Subscribe to our Patreon for two extra episodes a month, discord access and more by heading to patreon dot com. Slash Stradio Lab.
Speaker 5: And for all our visual earners, free full length video episodes are available on our.
Speaker 1: YouTube now Get back to Work.
Speaker 5: Stradia Lab is a production by Will Ferrell's Big Money Players Network and iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 1: Created and hosted by George Severs and Sam Taggart.
Speaker 5: Executive produced by Will Ferrell, Hans Sony and Olivia Aguilar. Co produced by by Wang, edited and engineered by Adam Avalos.
Speaker 1: Artwork by Michael Failes and Matt Grugg. Theme music by Ben Kling