Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: These are some of our favorite segments from this week, all edited together into one NonStop infotainment laugh stravaganza. Uh yeah, So, without further ado, here is the Weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 3: We're thrilled to be joined in our third seat by one of the classics, an early guest, one of one of our favorites, one of your favorites.
Speaker 2: Been way too long since he's been on.
Speaker 3: He's a hilarious actor improviser who writes on TV shows like Grand cru Video Games, TV shows about video games. Please welcome thought dad trademark. It's if he.
Speaker 4: Want away, yes, yes, aka, if he should oo every time I check my bank account.
Speaker 5: If he should, you wouldn't even believe my bank account. If he should count up the home God damn mouth. I made it, and sometimes I forget that I'm famous, just like I'm amos.
Speaker 4: Turn around. It's the worst little Uzzi verst of twenty and twenty two. He ruined a Baby King song. But hey, it's beside that. Beside that bar. It's actually the worst, just bar the verse itself. Okay, that bar. He made a famous amos reference in the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty two. Yeah, but yes, I'm here.
Speaker 2: Dad and me appreciates that. Yeah, dad in me sees the dad in you. Yeah, you're like, no, it's going to pack my kid's lunch. You're right, You're like, I'm for school. You're like, hold on, let me put on. I just want to rock by a little UZI er you ready for this one?
Speaker 4: That that song goes as you being as good as it is, but it is.
Speaker 2: I have a question for you dads out here, is it how often are you like when you're trying to like rock a baby, you know what I mean? Are you do you ever just rap a verse? Like, because I feel like people have baby appropriate songs, but I have so many rap verses memorized that I feel like to summon it. I could be like, you know, I could just lean into it, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Oh my baby, I rock a fly baby in the summertime for sure.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And you look, they're so young, they're not even gonna remember all the words you're using, so you could just go full explicit on that ruck in the first few years.
Speaker 2: Right, pretend I know the whole rap God verse by eminem and you always spiting that shit perfect when you were a baby. Yeah, you just don't remember it because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's definitely like more of my brain is Doctor Seus's ship now. Like I just realized, like we were waiting in line somewhere and we started doing I don't know, like some silly you know shit, and I realized I know all of Doctor Sus ABC's like by heart. You can just like spit that back, which is not like that hard. You already know what order it comes in because of because it's the DCS. But yeah, there's a lot of rhymes that start taking up space that used to be occupied by ghost Face.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, for sure, Italian music down the river with your chick clinging like that's that's gone now to my all player you met that's right, Iffy. How are you doing? Man, it's been way too long.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I know it's been way too long. It's you know, I've been trying to squeeze in here between gigs. But like it really was a quick runner last year because I was doing Twisted Metal at the top of the year and then right after Twisted Metal is back in Grand Crew. But now you know, I'm chilling, you know, you know, you developing some stuff you know, on the inside baseball. But you know, now I have free time. I've been dying to come on the pod and it's now is the perfect time because I think if I would have went in when I was like right after the room, when I was just like, you know, like neck deep in writing a TV show and not coming up for air. But now you know, I'm back on my gym routine and part of my gym routine, which you know this if you don't know this already, uh you know zeit gang. If you are on Spotify, you can do the Daily Drive. That's that's my ship. And what they do when you do the Daily Drive is they mix in the NPR kind of like Daily up first and then it goes into your your music playlist and then they'll pick like a you know, a podcast that's your vibe. I think they figured out that I'm a leftist, so then it goes to marketplace. Then it'll place more playlists, and then if you come back in the day, you'll get the updates with NPR's kind of up next updates.
Speaker 2: Which is great. So why are you trying to hold on, man, I just told y'all was having a kid and you trying to take money out of his mouth. Okay, right there, because you know we have a morning show too, and then we will update you later in the day. I also give music recommendations, but yes, yeah, yeah, and that other I know.
Speaker 4: But you know, definitely because when I was in my deep pod one, I was I was double dipping, you know, listening to y'all listening to this. And but also I do think Spotify does need to get the TDZ because y'all would fit the vibe more because it is funny having to go from m PR's you know tone to like baby Keem and I'm like, this would never be on KPCC or whatever you're listening like, they are never going to be like, okay, the needle drop after Ira Glass.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be the trying and do it sometimes and it's it's embarrassing, it is.
Speaker 4: Jarring, whereas like if the needle Drop came off off of us, you'd be like, yeah, that makes sense. I mean, we we go out on some bangers. So yeah, if you work in Spotify, definitely let them know to get TDZ in that data. Let them that's my new co to make up for what I just did. I'm definitely gonna see what I can do to pull some strings.
Speaker 2: Man. Also, Grand Crew was dope. I gotta tell you, thank you so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can say this next season is going to be funnier, you know, And I think you know if you if you were, like I feel like when you're in the city and you're tapped in, everyone kind of knows. That first season is kind of more establishing everyone's relationships and know and second season we were able to just go, like, what's the funniest ship we can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you guys were able to get to that pretty quickly though, Like oh no, after like the first few if the show really fucking caught its stride. And I still love that Pipe Jerry or Jerry pipe joke. I don't know who wrote that one, but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I forget who did that. But what I do remember is I was trying so hard to be pipe Jerry. I was. And then when they when we saw pipe Jerry, I was like, no, y'all got the right one, because boy is buff, but that guy was shredded.
Speaker 2: Wait tell the pipe Jerry joke? What is it? Oh?
Speaker 4: So nicky in her phone hash Pipe, Jerry and Jerry Pipe. One is a handyman, one is a stripper, and she calls the stripper up when she wanted the handyman, but he comes in as a handyman and he just starts getting it.
Speaker 2: And I just love to Jerry pipe and pipe. It was a fine balance. Yes, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 6: Recently? I was searching sandwiches near me?
Speaker 7: M M.
Speaker 6: I love that, which I thought was like a kind of a funny but pathetic little thing to search it near me. You know, it's like what's just near around me in arms length reaching distance? Yeah, kind of Yeah, that's like you're like you're basically just typing into your phone.
Speaker 3: I'm hungry sandwiches within earshot. You know I can yell sandwiches and someone.
Speaker 6: I wanted a sandwich, I would you know. I did a couple of day trip type things that we've had some family visiting over the holidays, and that some of those days really feel like, okay, now you got to have a sandwich ye a day t and so I needed one in they and we're g end up. Well, we just ate at we were at the Botanical garden Huntington Botanic. Oh yeah, beautiful botanical garden. And we just ate at the cafe there because it was too hard to get to another sandwich. But I I was thinking to some and I didn't get them. But I'll eventually get there.
Speaker 2: You ever, it's funny when you say, like sandwich near me, because you know, like Google always auto fill stuff for you to be like near, Like I need a physical therap like orthopedic blah blah near me? Do you want it really far away part of me? Like I'm like some weird like early search snob where I'm like, that's not how you're gonna fucking figure out where it is. You know, you don't need to have it in there civic, but obviously it's optimized to use your location to just figure that on your own. But I it's for whatever reason, whenever I see near me, I'll never do that. I'll fully type in the city. I'm like, well, I was desperate for a sandwich. That's why I allowed the auto complete. I was like, you're right, I need it close. It needs to be here now. Food there not that great, not that great? No, it was wasmate.
Speaker 6: Who doesn't love a Japanese garden actually, like I'm semi joking, but it is the most packed place and you are like this rules, this is tranquil as hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's wild. How diverse, like all of the flora and fauna and stuff like, we're like, okay, now we're in Asia. Now you're down on that and the in the like succulent desert area.
Speaker 6: Are you a dad already or this is first day you're talking. You're talking Dad talk, Dad's I'm a dad, And let me tell you, I love me some flora dad, because my god, it gets it gets nuts. But dads love different types of things growing. I have my father in law here and he has pointed out many a tree, and I'm interested.
Speaker 2: In the choir man. We'll go on a boat cruise around the bay. Check out the flotsam and jetsam you know all that.
Speaker 6: Would be really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's what I'm in too. Now, not so much jets I'm actually had ail. My flotsam game is on your flat Sam or jet Sam plots there you go, flots all the way. Miles is definitely the built for this ship. He's I have unending useless knowledge to bore my child with and that's what they need exactly, and then they'll they'll regurgitate that at school and they'll be like, what are you what's going on at home? You know, like my son already does that. My son talked about Costco a lot. Yeah, I'm like, oh no, but oh yes, yeah. People talk about like Taco Bell, like how to get a Mexi melt, the car stole stain and Ronald Reagan is why we have unhoused people.
Speaker 6: Where's the cheesy Gurdida crunch Last time I went there, they didn't have the cheesy Gurdida crunch meal anymore.
Speaker 8: Wow, they have to they may they may have you all a kart that thing. Man, your listeners are just eating this up. They're like wow, no, no, because they knew my love of the Meximount. And somebody who's to work at a Taco Bell is like, this is how you can order it still, this is how you And I was like, thank you so much to sir. Here's the cheat code because as I think about it too, you're maybe shortening my life as I become a parent if I keep up with the Taco Bell hacks.
Speaker 2: So you know, but that's okay.
Speaker 6: Too, because you're gonna want to get out at some point. So it's like if I'm going down Taco Bell and die like a man. Yeah, with Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: That's a man. Thinkers actually heart attack your way out of there. What is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 6: Staying up late? Yes, spoken like a true father.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this has become such a same I know, hey, check out, you said yes, and I will.
Speaker 6: I will say also even more sadly that I've always kind of felt that way. Even in my high school days. I was sort of known for like kind of cutting it off at a round. Midnight was like my cutoff in high school.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 6: I was like, well, there's nothing's gonna happen anymore.
Speaker 2: It's over Wait, what do you mean nothing? Officer said, nothing good happens after midnight.
Speaker 6: So now I feel that for different reasons. I would say my counterpoint to the DARE officer, I'd be like, no, do your drugs earlier and then you could still.
Speaker 2: Get a good night sleep. Yeah, don't Yeah, don't be don't run with the sun exactly. You don't run with the sun.
Speaker 6: Now, you don't wake up refreshed, and you're like, I had a great insane night last night on Tons of Drugs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, what is Alison, something you think is overrated?
Speaker 9: Wow? This goes right kind of into what you guys were just saying.
Speaker 10: I feel that everyone else in there, goddamn opinions are overrated. First of all, I personally overrate them. But being someone who has a podcast occasionally I hear frequently I hear people's opinions about everything about me and my show, and oh the way you pronounce that word bothers me.
Speaker 9: The way you say this bothers me.
Speaker 10: And because I do overrate it, then I have to be like, fine, I guess I'll just change the way I do everything to appease you. So I just feel like in general, people with all their opinions, if they happen to have to do with me and are negative and make me feel bad, no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Just you know, they always say, you know, living on the words of others is a double edged sword, you know, because the compliments can like power you up, but if you really lean on that, the criticism will fucking just cut you in half too. And I think it's about for me personally, Like through my life I've tried to get away from that, because I'm such a people pleaser that I really do care a lot about what people think, and it's more about centering yourself and everything you do and realizing that the most true a living experience you can have is to honor what who you are sincerely and really understand that outside commentary can allow those words to like penetrate into your soul, because then you're completely doing yourself a disservice and not treating yourself with the sanctity that you deserve.
Speaker 10: So that is beautiful and and I actually that's sort of I go back and forth a lot, like that's something that for the most like, I have that realization, maybe not as eloquently as you put it, but I have that realization frequently, and then all of a sudden I will find that, like, oh this these comments bothered me. It's weird. I thought I was a little more armored. All that being said, allow me to say I'm being somewhat facetious, like, yeah, for the most part, I love that people listen and have an opinion, and of course I want to hear feedback and all of that stuff. I'm just saying occasionally, I'm like, not today, people.
Speaker 2: Occasionally they should consider shutting the fuck out. Everyone can. Yeah, But at the end of the day, you know, it's like you have no responsibility to be like, oh I heard that, Yeah, say whatever the fuck you want. I'm not the same, you know. Yeah. Here, I'm just look live your ship from the inside and let that resonate outside. Don't let the ship don't don't do that shit in reverse. Don't let the outside ship affect your internal state. You know what I mean. That's so good. I recently I let resonate out.
Speaker 9: Oh, I think it was. I think it was Harry Noted.
Speaker 10: Ginger was saying that the the royal family's policy is like, never complain, never explain, and I was thinking, that's the opposite of my policy.
Speaker 9: I'm constantly I'm the most.
Speaker 10: Over explaining person in the whole world, right, and I'll complain too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's healthier. Yeah, because the other side of it, you end up writing a book where you just like air out every weird thing that's happened to you in your life. You're like, okay, yeah, right, I do want to read it though. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 11: Anna, right now, she's getting updates from super audio in real time, like Prince Charles Ware's door sausage, and we're like, do your sauage, And it was a because she is a do your savage.
Speaker 3: And when I responded to her and said, I was over here searching your sausage. But savage is so it's so perfect. But as I was trying to type savage, it auto corrected to sausage, like for like, I couldn't get it to you. It was like, You're like, no, you you mean do your sausage, my friend.
Speaker 10: It's amazing, Ye do your sausage. What were you envisioning? Like some kind of high end sausage that he.
Speaker 2: Put on has sausage.
Speaker 3: So I was like I thought this was something yeah, but I was sausage that he put on his body.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. When I read that text, it fucked me up so bad because like, how do I not know? What do you got to do a car crash? I listened. I listened to so much wrap and like luxury brands are named you kind of buy osmosis or kind of up on ship. I'm like the door sausage, like, is that a food or is that like a piece of jewelry that he keeps on him? He got that door sausage on.
Speaker 9: But what is do your savage?
Speaker 3: Is that a line of something that is the color offensive Johnny Depp cologne? It's Der's cologne that they have where like Johnny Depp is in the ads playing electric guitar around like indigenous people's like in the desert.
Speaker 2: And just very.
Speaker 3: Ship run so many scarves, like he's just being swallowed by scarves and he's just out there in the desert with the moon and wolves and indigenous people and.
Speaker 2: He handed nonsense.
Speaker 3: It's it's like a thing that they They doubled down on him being the spokesperson for the product as he was on trial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, shout out the sausage though. Yeah, but the sausage has a great snall. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: TERSA.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go real basic organizing bins. I moved to my boyfriend recently and intellect where he alread, oh thank you. But I've been like, it's great, But you know, this is probably something guys who have been through this will relate to you, I think, because I think that it's more common than I realized. I moved things around constantly because we don't move in together. So I'm like shuffling things around. I started getting bins to put things that are out, like oh, floss pins. Now everything's in bins, but it's still like around because I'm not trying to so now like as friends will come over and be like, oh, I see there's more bins around, like just like all the loose items that were out and about are now in bins. But I love it, and I think that it doesn't distract from his flow to.
Speaker 2: Like, wow, do you mind showing me, like give me example of something else?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And then there's a well I wish I can't go now. But these bright Room clear ones, if you target sells them, they're great. You can stack them like buyer.
Speaker 2: You're just organized. It's not like you're filling up like rubber made storage containers.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, there's yere.
Speaker 7: They're in the bathroom, they're the kitchen. It's like that what is that ludicrous song like in the car the.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah in the backseat a the movie. Yeah I know that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, give it to Yeah, I got the recommend I can't. I can't recommend any more of these clear bins because they stack. You could put like coffee pods, tea chocolate every like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true, and I've never it's funny, so you've probably seen this. I feel like Asian people will use like tupperware too as container storage things like on I grow at all. Yeah, I remember my moms you like like I'll be like sixth grades, Like your room's a message, like I organized it, but just put all my pens like in a a wear and other ship like that.
Speaker 7: That's the thing like you go to you go to like an auntie's house and there's like those Danish cookies bins.
Speaker 2: It's just like swing, that's ever kid, that's our sewing kid. But yeah, I think it's just it is funny because I think of that too. I have it's just not in my brain to think of buying organizational bins or holders or things like that. So I think as just how I'm kind of like a messy person. People who have been to the iHeart office. Back when it was running, my desk looked like some kind of fucking hoarders like nightmare. But I'm organized your office for you. I literally love it.
Speaker 7: Like it's like I think a new addiction because it's it's fun to.
Speaker 3: Organize a percentage when you're organizing, what percentage of the stuff are you throwing away?
Speaker 2: My high is my high? Are you and what percentage of the stuff do you try? Well?
Speaker 7: So, like I'll I'm trying not to throw away too much because that's the part I think will become annoying. Like literally, I'm like my boyfriend back, it's fine, do whatever. So I just try to reorganize. But I already moved in, so a lot of my stuff has gone, So it really is just rearranging. And I think that part I love it because sometimes until you move, you don't realize that what the flow is going to be. So ye, I've had to shuffle where the keys go like maybe four times, and that is probably annoying. But you know, my boyfriends saying and he his tacks like he didn't mine. I hope, I hope he still loves me.
Speaker 2: But I'm sure you do.
Speaker 3: But are you saying that they've also improved the container get like it's no longer like the containers that you can get are are better than they used to be.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 7: I think they realized we were using tupperware and repurposing like like you know, boxes and shit, like I used to put my magazine in an old Amazon box like cut in half, and now it's like, you can you know you have to spend a lot. You can just couple bucks and get these like nice classic Bens stacking.
Speaker 2: Or my mom should put fucking wrapping paper like nice wrapping paper on other boxes to turn them up.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my mom had just closet up old boxes. Like literally, I'm like, we don't need this, like stores that are out of business.
Speaker 2: She says boxes for She's like, what do you need? We don't need this may company box anymore.
Speaker 3: So I feel like the one time we made a real run at getting organized, my wife and are both very disorganized people, and the yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought your wife was like the opposites attracting, Like no, no, no, we are like identicals attract love in that respect because her majesty looks at me and it's disgusted. Sometimes. No, that's it. It's it's truly like we we were like should we really get married?
Speaker 3: This is this is going to be a problem, Like we really love each other, but this is going to be a problem because we are identical, like identically add messy people and we've made it work so far, but we've like made multiple runs of getting organized to end. Sometimes it like that the last time we did it like via a container store approach, the stuff just kind of looked like shit and ended up kind of all over the place. We just had a messy house with containers in there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you got to go not to it because I used to be like too ambitious and be like, I'm gonna do the whole room, and then you start doing it and then nothing matches but the little that you start small, like you you organize the desk, and then you get like, you know, oh, I now I have confidence. I could do the kitchen, I could do the bathroom, and then pretty soon it's like the insides are good, so you can then the outsides follow, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, such as life. Yeah, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back.
Speaker 3: Got the double thumbs up, Like the beginning of Top Gun and Top Gun, Maverick.
Speaker 6: That's how every movie starts, isn't it go?
Speaker 2: Movie start and where go? And we're characters now, all right, So conspiratorial thinking abounds. Miles.
Speaker 3: This is your story and I'll let you take it from there.
Speaker 2: Well, I think I mean, that's that's true no matter who says that sentence, I would say, but yes, it is all over. I mean, look last week, right when you know, like the anti vaxxers, I think they believe they got a gift from like blonde haired Jesus. When like NFL player DeMar Hamlin collapsed passed away like momentarily from a cardiac arrest and was a revived immediately, the fucking tweets and posts talking about died suddenly just ramped up exponentially. There's this group called the Center for Countering Digital Hate, and they're nonprofit that looks at disinformation and things like that. They said that the phrase died suddenly had quadrupled that day. Like the daily average is only fourth about four thousand mentions, this was doing about seventeen thousand. Where people are going on this whole died suddenly. And do you guys remember we've talked about this phrase died suddenly before because there was that shitty I guess documentary that they called it, but it was really just a montage clip of people collapsing due to any other reason aside from having like a COVID vaccine and actually not dying and people were like, oh man, this is fucking scary. Man, look at what the vaccines doing to people. People are just dying left and right. Well, this like the fervor around that shit hasn't died down. And this guy specifically just recently came back up in the news. You may have remembered us talking about him. His name is Christopher Keys. He was the guy that was called the vaccine cop who wore like a fucking badge. Yeah, and he tried to citizens arrest a fucking governor for like approving vaccines for kids. And he also remember his last I mean, we really talked about him because of his last science breakthrough. Let me just let me just remind you really quick what he's told a roomful of people what the antidote to the COVID vaccine was.
Speaker 12: You know, take it with a grain of salt, but go do the research because this is gonna just be like, there's no way but the antidote.
Speaker 13: And I'm going to kill the credibility.
Speaker 12: But what credible don't have anywhere? So way, the antidote that we've seen now and we have tons and tons of research, is you're in therapy.
Speaker 2: You're in therapy okay, and I know to a lot of you, and a lot of people are like, what the fuck is this doing? Yes, he's talking about drinking your peepee so you can negate the vaccine and be free. Well, now this guy's back at it again, and he's this. So he was on a plane and he was asking the pilots if they were vaccinated because they could die suddenly due to their vaccination. So this is we're some play this clip. This is he was just like going up into a Cognitoight, Hey, how you feels doing blah blah blah. You guys aren't vaccinated, are you? This is him walking up to the cockpit.
Speaker 12: We just found out another pallette dropped in.
Speaker 2: Yes, you guys aren't vaccinated all ya?
Speaker 3: I hope?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 2: How am I both of you?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 10: Though?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you're young enough.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's laughing off. He's like, yeah, okay, yeah, sure, thing more on that later. I bet you guys will be fine. Then guess what the fucking flight landed, because no one's dying suddenly as shit. And then this is he goes up to the pilots. I guess just like double back on being like yo, I know I was talking to that ship, like, let me just check in on you guys one more time because I don't want to take that l Thank you guys, thank you, and give your car real quick. Yeah, please gank you guy.
Speaker 14: The documentary we just put out called Die tell Me about Steve Peters. All right, you said you were young, brother, so I said, but again, we've had over a thousand athletes dropped dead on the football field twenty three years of age.
Speaker 2: Please go look at it. It's a lot. We have a team of over you hear the pilot just goes, that's a lie right back, because it is a fucking lie. Yeah, He's just like, just get the fuck out of face, dude, that's a thousands of people aren't going down. He's likely referencing this like website that just has a list of fucking athletes that have died, like for any reason. They'll be like sixty six year old rugby legend died. Yeah, okay, and just leaving it at that. And I think it's worth mentioning all this because Tucker Carlson has made the same claims on his show, and we're now looking at a like house of representatives where like the pandemic, Adrina chrome gang are going to be setting a lot of the agendas for what kind of legislation they even discuss, or the you know, the business A lot of these of a lot of these committees. And McCarthy he finally got his speakership, but he basically had to give away all his power to these people just so he can have a bigger office and hold a wooden dildough. And we're going to pay the price because of this, because now we have people who are if you hear even what he said in his first speech, he's talking about things like looking into the origins of the pandemic or like looking at like what's going on with the CDC. All this language is meant to begin a ton of quote unquote investigations that are just going to challenge people's sense of like established truth or reality going into twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: This is who we are seeding ground to. When people are like he's made some concessions and seeded some ground, like, this is who he's ultimately seeding ground. Two is the guy who wants to make his pilots let him watch them drink their own pea before takeoff, to make sure that they're covered's.
Speaker 2: It'll only be a matter of time until doctor Pepe is going up to do like some kind of testimony in front of Congress or whatever about how like he's seen he's seen he's seen it all, folks. But again, this is all it's just very dangerous too, because when you look even how epidemiologists are talking, they're like, man, the way these these diseases mutate and we have new variants, like we're looking at like a new pathoge in like every six years that we have to contend with, whether it's like SARS or MERSE or COVID, like they keep coming. And so there's no there's no world in which you got to be like, we don't need to look into any of this shit anymore, right, Like it's all bullshit, And I don't know how on earth the country can protect itself because it did already the terrible job when the shit started in twenty twenty, when the GOP is basically going to tell Americans like, hey, fuck science, they don't know shit. Really, yeah, they've like built out the scaffolding already for the next pandemic, and oh now everybody like prior to the pandemic like people, I think, like there there's been a huge drop off and like the number of people who actually are not skeptical of fucking vaccines just across the board. Like that, it's done.
Speaker 3: They've done quite a bit of damage, and it's it's very frustrated, Like this is one of the most frustrating sort of cognitive biases to deal with, like the sampling bias or sampling error, where it's just any news story can be used to make the case, like it it didn't make any sense to me, Like it hadn't crossed my mind that the NFL story would be used in this way to like try and bias people against vaccines. But it's it's like the you know that year everyone was like god, like twenty eighteen is on a weird one. All these celebrities are dying and it's just like, no, there's just a lot of celebrities who are in their sixties and seventies and eighties at this point. You know, it's like that it's you're just seeing It's like I used to think people in Russia were the wildest drivers, and it turns out it's just that Russian that like most Russian cars have a dash cam and so you just see all the footage of the wildest shit that's happening on roads everywhere around the world happen, and like they actually share the footage as opposed to you know, we don't. We don't all have cameras constantly taking the footage in.
Speaker 2: Hey, well now we're catching up because now more American people have them now and the clips are starting to have American license plate in them. Yes, and they're equally fucking out there drivers here. I mean shit in La I.
Speaker 6: Think where I live in Glendale is like considered the worst driving in the country, right, and really, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I mean the one thirty four, the one thirty four lawless, lawless, and I grew up driving on that ship. I'm a good driver because I've had to transit the one thirty text yourself. Yeah yeah, I mean that's had some of the most fucking fucked up accidents ever on it. Like yeah, there was one where the guy like was ejected onto like a fucking freeway sign. Wow, Like yeah they remember that. Yeah. Yeah, in a way, it's just a lot of wild anyway. But all that to say, yeah, our confirmation biases are out there. But again, it's just very scary to think of, like how even in our like when the pandemic started here in twenty twenty, like the CDC and the government was like, it looks like a lot of stuffs happened in New York right now, should we start testing for that, right? And they just didn't, and then you know Q Curve theme song.
Speaker 6: People have to remember in general that state lines are just made up, right, right, because a lot of times people will be you know, I'm from the East Coast and I'll visit home and people will be like, wow, California, there's a lot of like fires and stuff out there. Hunt It's like you live here too, Yes, I'm like closer, but your planet is also on fire. It's not just like, oh, it's only California and once it hits that line, we don't have to worry about it. Yeah, exactly, only slightly further away from you.
Speaker 2: I think. Yeah, we have such a terrible like compartmentalization problem in America, Like whether it's class or race or like whatever. People are like, ah, well that's that's for this other thing outside of my little box I think I'm inside of.
Speaker 6: It's like, no motherfucker to your point, it's like we're all on the same rock, you know, and the problem happening here can get to you.
Speaker 2: They will eventually.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I flew here in like a few hours, like happening you might want to like, you know, take some cover or something, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well a little bit further, but still you know, part of a part of an ongoing trend that we've been tragging here that we're seeing happen in Brazil is the rise of fascism, and like a very specific type of fascism that is like mega fascism, I guess is.
Speaker 2: But so Bolsonaro lost.
Speaker 6: His election and well that's what they say.
Speaker 2: Right exactly. We don't know, we don't know, we don't know, we don't know. We got according to who, according to who? Yeah, but it's all part of it is like what what you satirizing? Your show?
Speaker 3: What the p doctor? The only doctor I listened to? And uh, of course and this Bolsonaro thing are all a part of this same trend of people feeling disaffected and lonely and feeling you know, rejecting the kind of liberal mainstream status quo, in many cases for like good reasons and in many cases for horrifying you know, racist reasons, but they are like it's a growing it's a growing movement that it feels like we're not doing the right things to prevent. But what the latest kind of flare up of this is that after he lost the election, he kind of pulled a Trump and you know, disappeared to Florida, but continued to spread wild conspiratorial nonsense to the point that supporters storm Brazilian Congress over twenty twenty two election loss is was the number one story over the weekend on TMZ. What MZ, None of the rioters are dating Pete Davidson, but that that was their number one story, So right right, TMZ's onto it. I think we should be too, but I don't know he's been. His protesters have been blocking roads, setting vehicles on fire, camping out outside military headquarters, urging the arm forces to intervene. And yeah, a lot of American media outlets are comparing this to January sixth, partly because we are incapable of seeing a global news story and not making it about ourselves.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, but also when Steve Bannon is a bolscenario advisor, Yeah, you know exactly, and he was ringing that bell from over here like last year, saying like, I don't know, looks like real contested. We'll see what happened. I mean, he was his whole thing was like I'm hoping for another January sixth in Brazil. And it's weird too because like it it was everything about it was just kind of off, like it was on a Sunday, so no officials were there, so like they weren't necessarily like stopping the certification of an election or something. They just like pulled up and just like ransacked the place and that was like about it. Then there's even like a qqu Shaman QAnon Shaman, like fucking like like analogous dude, but in Brazilian colors who also showed up. There's like so much imitation happening too that well, it's.
Speaker 6: Very tree has the Saint has one of every type of person, right yeah, yeah, there's an Italian one, right one, Yeah, they all have one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's but it's funny too because like they go into it thinking they're like this is what the people want, Like they're on this like wave of self righteousness, like even with the January sixth people they're like we're patriots or whatever. But the problem is, like I think, because they think they're on such a like righteous course and then they like objectively lose an election, It's like, well, I'm not gonna fucking say, oh maybe I would, maybe I didn't represent the will of the people. Right, They're gonna double down and be like, no, fuck it, put your face paint on, and now will storm the capitol. Like I don't know if you saw that one clip where the one guy's like, yeah, man, we can take that building. We can we can get in there, and there's a guy behind him who's like and then what like on January sixth, And that's kind of the mentality. It's like, yeah, you're angry, you pulled up, But because you're all there motivated by this like like all of these very disparate principles, like everyone's there for their own fucking weird reason. Like it's it's they don't quite turn into like this hyper potent thing. But I will say this, I mean, obviously Brazil has had a military dictatorship, so they're not far off being like, y'all get involved like like y'all did in the sixties to eighties.
Speaker 3: Please Yeah, And apparently the local police report to the governor, who is a former Bolsonaro ally and this was similarly to January sixth. This is being planned openly on the internet for at least two weeks. I think even there was even more planning to the to the point that the buses were chartered that showed up for the for the storming of the capitol. Like this is this is like a you know, the the Civil War reenactments that are like, all right, this is what this is what you do when you lose an election and then you're on have a right wing dictator on the ballot.
Speaker 6: I love that everyone for all this stuff has to use social media and text messages, you know, like no one is like, hey, if we're going to be secretively, we can't text. Yeah, And they all just text openly and then they get subpoenus and it's like, look, it's all here. I have every text that they wrote to each other. Like I just can't help it, you know, it's convenient. I like the blue bubbles. We all got to have iPhones when we're planning.
Speaker 2: The second the second they figure out their OPSEC. Oh but until then, yeah, their egos will continue to assist those who are seeking to keep keep texting, Yeah, put it on, put it on, getter or whatever.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think there's something that is like specifically social media driven about the like that specific impulse of well, there must have there must have been cheating going on, because everyone I speak to and all the information that I see is like creating this world where he's going to win on a landslide. And that is because you are being fed and algorithm that is designed just for you based on what you want to see. So like that again, it's like a very it's a lonely world by design, and that it is it has been designed exactly and only for you, and so it doesn't actually like where else are you going to find the people who agree with you?
Speaker 2: But on social media because you.
Speaker 6: Can't go door to door right right, Just think of a storm in the capitals to meet your neighbor.
Speaker 2: Hi, I just wanted to see what you knew about a violent overthrow of the government, and I might be able to interest you in joining.
Speaker 6: Us this weekend, quick yes or no?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But the riot was condemned by pretty much everyone except for Steve Bannon and other mega folks who were like, yeah, it's Brazilian freedom fighters.
Speaker 2: That's what we're looking at. There were some, there were some quiet Republicans, like they're still the ones that are trying to figure out like where their soul is or they're like I'm not gonna raw, right, But I can't say that's bad because then I'll get just absolutely you know. So you just faulted on the internet by the MAGA people. But yeah, we shall see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Dan, it sounds like you when we mentioned him earlier, like Steve's a friend.
Speaker 2: Steve Ben Stevie b.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Steve's a good pal. He and I have the same skincare regimen. Oh great, And yeah, I just these beautiful fun guy.
Speaker 2: Do the same dental routine to sleep with a bunch of jobs in your mouth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And just I'm like, Steve, had you get those cool red spots all over you, jolly rasers. All the insides are on your outsides because you're so evil that your body can't contain any kind of maladies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true power. When when your body starts turning itself inside out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when you look like the Emperor or whatever from Star Wars, you're like cool, You're in a good spot. You look like the bad guy, like the worst bad guy ever made in movies. You look like him, got that Palpatine swag Palpatine? Yeah, okay, rise and grind. I'm on my Palpatine palpit Dude, I nailed him, Palpatine. That's messed up, man.
Speaker 2: You heard it here there? It is what did they call it? Rounding? He's a round Emperor is all right, let's.
Speaker 3: Take a quick break. We'll be right back, and we're back. And this is this is our JFK assassination conspiracy. This is our yeah for our generation. So back in twenty twelve, you might remember what a time. I didn't, but you guys did. Kim Kardashian flower bomb. She was being interviewed on the red carpet. Someone came up and I thought it was going to be more like violent than it was. It was more of like a She was sprinkled with flower. Her head did go back and to the left as it happened, but she was at an event launching her Knew perfume. It drew attention to the product and the seriousness of baking ingredient based attacks. Absolute like police were called and everything, like the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says, deputies were called to the London hotel because somebody threw powder on her and you know, you don't know that it's flower exactly, it'd be the cocaine that her PR agent was doing.
Speaker 2: When also, that's it, that's an expensive rank. Yes, literally, throw like a quarter pound of cocaine on somebody. Okay, do you got eight ounces of money?
Speaker 3: She bravely refused medical treatment at the time. Paramedics were called to the hotel, but Cardiasishan refused medical treatment and described it as the most craziest, unexpected, weird thing that ever happened to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, do you want to Jack, you said, you've never seen it. Do you want to see the Do you want to watch the video? The okay for the story? Yeah, I mean the audio is just interesting because she's giving an interview and the person just utters for hag because there was like an anti fur protest supposedly, but she's giving an interview, she's talking, she's talking. Oh, here comes a person from the back with the bag. Here's the thing, though, this is the beginning of Kim Kardashian's terrible acting career.
Speaker 7: M H.
Speaker 2: Because knowing what we know now her her reactions are very like, I knew that she was gonna she was like feigning outrage. She's like, oh yeah, smiling, but she's smiling. She's smiling right here, Yeah, she's smiling.
Speaker 16: Oh shit, happened recording the plab anyway, So yeah, what were you saying about this aventure and then set up what walks off with her head down like almost like trying to stifle a lab.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, or it was kind of doing that thing where you like someone through a like on a reality show, or someone throws a drink on someone and they're not trying to let that phase them, so they go right, oh, oh okay, right right, I just wiped the drink off, grabbing their hair. Yeah yeah, yeah. Anyways, we recently learned that it was all a PR stunt.
Speaker 3: She was totally in on it. Her PR agent and her planned the faux attack in order to create a media moment. She supposedly told Kim Kardashian, if we create media gold, guess what's going to happen. Everyone's going to be talking about your perfume. Everyone's going to buy it.
Speaker 2: Did that happen?
Speaker 3: I'm wearing it right now?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, but I thought you were saying you always wear white diamonds. You said, yeah, it's a little it's a millunge. He's glassy. Didn't Tom Cruise have something similar happen to him too? Where he got flower bombed? It literally spread with a squirt gun?
Speaker 3: I think was it?
Speaker 2: I thought he got flower bomb too?
Speaker 3: Oh did he?
Speaker 2: And I think he did this work so well? Or maybe he got glitter bombed he got I think he wait, let's see, there's a whole thing. He said, Slip's get attacked, glitter bomb, flower bomb, Kim got the flower? Who is this? I think Lindsay Lohan got hit with glitter and flower? Oh yeah what? Yeah?
Speaker 7: What? What?
Speaker 2: Something? I don't know that looks like a liquid? What did you say?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 2: Maybe he did get wet.
Speaker 3: He did at one point get spread with a squirt gun. And I just remember because he has this like very friendly facade, but when he got sprayed with a squirt gun, it went away, turned it up.
Speaker 2: It was because I thought this was a part of something about Mary somebody else. What is happening in this picture?
Speaker 3: So yeah, he got mad Lindsay Lohan and and the screen cap that they used of her glitter bomb Attech looks like she's being hit with molten metal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or the grenade went on.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 3: This is interesting to me because it suggests that, like there are those times where you hear a conspiracy theory, like I had recently heard that all that don't worry Darling extreme media push controversy was all part of some four D chess plan And it did seem to like it had a big opening weekend and then kind of died off after that. But that is a big opening weekend is usually a testament to a really successful media push, And I don't know like this, So first of all, it's such a bad idea, like to say out loud, We're going to make people buy your perfume by dumping flour on your head. But it is also like the it was definitely like conceived by someone who was doing too many stimulants, I think, whether it be coffee or what it was, but it's it does kind of open in my mind to Okay, I'm going to be viewing any anything like this in the future through new glasses because of this.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I mean it makes sense because so much is like celebrity is such a spectacle that all you have to do is, you know, think a little bit ahead of how people are going to respond to what's happening to a celebrity, and you get this kind of shit like all the time, where like it would be like, oh, if someone does this, then it's popping. If you got all this talk around, you know, the stuff that was going on set or whatever, people are going to be talking because I feel like as the days we used to just take movies in, there would be a billboard, there would be a fucking bus bench ad, there'd be a couple music videos and you knew a movie was coming out, right, But I think in the age of like the Internet and everything, it's like those same I don't think those will work in the same way, and they kind of have to do like run syops on the fucking audience to get them interested on some level. Right, well related but not related.
Speaker 17: Thinking about the whole I don't know if you've all talked about it, but the Jinshaw thing, right, so, her bringing a fake bag to her her sentencing. Everyone has been talking about that, and I'm like, as much as people are like, oh this thing, I'm like, that's what these reality folks have been crafted to do. They've they've learned how to make every moment of their like anything happens, it's a moment. And so like, I'm not surprised that someone would come out and say Kim Kardashian's flower blond thing was a moment for me. I'm sorry, but I'm laughing because as I'm looking through the photos, there's these people vacuuming up the flower, and it's taking me down every time I see someone with an actual vacuum vacuuming up the flower.
Speaker 2: But all that to say, I'm not surprised, Yeah, clean it up. Yeah, I'm not surprised at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm curious to hear from you guys, any any zech gang, what are stories like this that you always suspected were an inside job? There there have been rumors that Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian's sex tape leaks were both you know, things that they did that you know what, whether it was an inside job or not, both like exploded their careers and to the stratosphere.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: So Paris Hilton say that wasn't she wasn't a part of that. She has come out and said that, but it's always been rumored that so, right because because Joe was that wasn't Yeah, because I feel like the guy she was with is like a total yeah creditor, right, Yeah, I don't know what other things. I mean, I'm not saying this is an inside job. But when the Caitlyn Jenner Vanity fair cover came out, right when she came out, that was the day like the renewal of the Patriot Act was going on, and there was a lot of outrage because Edward Snowden was like being like, you know what the NSA is kind of up to. There was a huge conversation around surveillance. But the debate like on like the day before, there's all this debate going on, and then that like they were like trying to get the votes right and they finally got it through just served as a great It was more of an example of a great like pop culture distraction. Was something really fucking like despicable as happening. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what I always thought. Like when you look at the dates of it, you're like, wow, that's I think just more serendipitous for the military industrial complex and surveillance state. Right then, Caitlyn Jenner ends up being a Republican politician. Yeah right, and then you're like and then the end, it's like it wasn't op right, Just so you know, I feel like Julia Fox was never interested in Kanye, but that's not necessarily something I think was a setup that just seems like self serving, like social climbing of the lowest common denominator variety. Yeah, but I don't know what other you know, like, was it Tom Cruise jumping up and down on the couch that felt contrived?
Speaker 7: That did?
Speaker 2: Or was that real? You know, like where do we land on that? I think that was a deep scream level, like the media ran with something because they're ready to pile on you're doing the opposite.
Speaker 3: And because he when you picture that moment in your mind, what do you see, Like do you see him jumping up and down on the couch, It's trampoline?
Speaker 2: Yeah, in my mind, I think.
Speaker 3: So what Actually he jumped on the couch, stood there for a second, and then jumped off. Like when you go back and watch it, it's somewhat underwhelming. He just hop Yeah, he hopped on and hopped on. He's like, I'm not saying the version that came through into the like collective consciousness was earned by just like his being intense to a degree that it's like, well, that person's really not human and their careers built on them portraying humans up to that point. And since then, Tom Cruise has been like, all right, what if my thing is just I'm the most intense person and I will die for you to watch my movie. But I think I don't think the media had to work too hard on that one as opposed to the Dan scream. I but I do think that that one wasn't It was just people were ready to be like this person is We're out on Tom.
Speaker 15: Cruise, right, Okay, yeah that's my theory anyway. But yeah, he's say I love my wife or did he say I love that woman? I love that woman, I believe is what I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was That's a lot, very believable, very believable. Yeah, there's a lot of that's a lot of drugs, honey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know Ortn's you know, Yeah, I think he's just got the natural He's got that CEO energy, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he's like, yeah, if if he weren't an actor, he'd be like some billionaire who like, you know, like let like millions of people die like under his watch, but his.
Speaker 3: Day clapping, you know, like just that right, all right? Well, speaking of other movie stars, Mel Gibson is reportedly making Passion of the Christ to cruise Control as writer JM.
Speaker 2: But it's not called control but control. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But he's apparently just months away from making a sequel to his torture porn blockbuster, The Passion of the Christ.
Speaker 2: He had talked about the what's it about? So this is this is interesting.
Speaker 3: So he's talked before about the project and said that it's going to be wild and a vast theological experience. That is an acid trip, which sounded cool to me, much cooler than the first Patch of the Christ. I don't know if y'all saw that, but that is the least movie like.
Speaker 2: Anti Semitism was a little wacky in that one.
Speaker 15: Oh my God.
Speaker 2: And there's just like no there there's no plot. It's just a person getting beat until the thing and look in Jim Cavizel is doing great. Now, Yeah, it really sent him.
Speaker 3: He also, I'm pretty sure got struck by lightning while he was on the cross during the film of that movie is like, how many signs do you need like this is this is the sort of thing you'll believe in, Like, how many side signs that aer a god is up there not wanting this to happen do you need if that's what you believe him? But anytime anyways, the idea is that it will happen in the time between Jesus dying and Jesus rising and like some like heaven, hell nether world thing. So it's just gonna be a totally different genre. It's gonna be a he man.
Speaker 2: I love to see someone really take religious their religion and treating with a proper sanctity and respect it deserves being like, hey man, what about between Friday and Sunday? Though? What the fuck was what was going on in that he was in the cave?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Do you think it starts off like Friday? Like it starts like the first things he has start out with but but but but it's Friday. Yeah, but then they yeah, then they have him what like in a I don't know, it's I can't believe, like someone's fine and whatever. Yeah, there's always somebody wants to make Jesus stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's a there's a history of people trying to make sequels of this because mel Gibson can't like copyright the story of Jesus or anti Semitism, so he's you know, lots of people been like, hey, this, this is a recipe that works. So there was a Christian film producer who tried to crab fund forty million dollars to make a sequel. It didn't really go anywhere. Most fucked up attempt to make a follow up to the Passion of the Christ came from the original film screenwriter Benedict Fitzgerald. So Benny Fits after the movie came out, was not getting any job offers, which is, you know, it is one of the most successful movies of all time. But on the other hand, the film was let's say controversial and also literal garbage is one of the worst movies. But also I was just like curious about like what was his backstory?
Speaker 2: Was he working?
Speaker 3: Like did he write lethal weapon for and then mel Gibson wrote him into this or what not a ton of credits, but is from like have you ever seen quiz show movie quiz Show where it's.
Speaker 2: Titureau, Yeah, that and this guy who is.
Speaker 3: Like from a famous intellectual family, becomes a famous quiz show contestant and gets all the answers, but he's cheating, and like, that's what it seems like this person is. So his dad is a famous poet critic named Robert Fitzgerald, and when he was a kid, Flannery O'Connor babysat him.
Speaker 2: But so he's like literary royalty.
Speaker 3: And this was kind of He worked on a couple of TV shows and then this was his biggest thing. And then everyone's like, oh man, we really didn't like that. So he hasn't been able to get work. But he was able to get a big payday by saying, actually, okay, what about prequel? Any interested in a prequel? And everyone's like, hell no. But he was able to raise money to make the movie by turning to a Mexican drug cartel. Okay, signs an agreement with them? Was was va they signed agreements exactly, was shockingly and curious about, like what what are these people? Where's all this money coming from? From these people that nobody in Hollywood's ever heard of? And the cartel sued him over some money he couldn't pay back, and now.
Speaker 2: The cartel suited him. Yes, I like that. The cartel's like, hey, man, get a business agreement. This guy's this guy. Yeah, we don't know, we don't know how he moves.
Speaker 3: So the cartel signed over the rights to the movie to two men, one of whom wanted the other to give up his half of the script, and when he refused, the other guy kidnapped his brother, with the ransom being a faxed note agreeing to give up his half of the Passion prequel.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is the movie. This is the movie. Why someone's not making this a movie? Just be writing? What is happening to stupid ahead, this guy runs a bowel the cartel. There's fucking kidnapping over the rights to the Passion of the Christ prequel. This is the movie. Why is no one making this? Is this option? Has someone optioned this because we should? This is actually a fantastic movie that you could make, Margo, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: The script was then sold for one million dollars to a producer who was immediately questioned by the DEA, and then when an arrest was made, the government, like the US government, claimed the rights to ten percent of the future prophets of Mary, Mother of Christ. The name of the movie because it was gonna be all about Mary, which they then ended up losing in court, like they got sued to give up their rights to it. And then after all that, the movie was never made because the script had become tainted. But this is the legacy of a passionate Christ sequel, which is like, on one level, it's like the Titanic sequel, like it's a thing you would joke about it. It feels impossible, but yeah I should.
Speaker 2: It's just not a lot. I got to see this movie now about this fucking guy going to the card tell to make a film that is so awful and the downward spiral that ensues. That's That's where I'm at. Yeah, you know, but I just like that the pivot was all right, then let's do it like right after they take him off the cross until each Sunday. We'll do that. Okay, we burned the prequel, but we don't. Nobody has the rights to the acid trip in the fucking cave in the tomb as it were. That's right, so we'll see. Well, I'll be eagerly awaiting that. Talking to Satan the Serpent, do you think what is that gonna look? Like, you know what I mean, how do you even do that? That won't I feel like even Christian people who fucked with the first one might even be offended by whatever the director's depiction is of all this other stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh first, you know what I mean, it's gonna be wildly offensive and boring at the same time, Like the first.
Speaker 2: One, Like, is there gonna be a scene where he's like, I mean, like going to like a warm hitting the camera and then he lands in like a dark void where am I Welcome to Hell? Jesus, Like your mind unless you can beat me.
Speaker 13: In this fiddling context, James Brown gets a whole sequence because he's down there entertaining welcome to Hell and the doors open and it's.
Speaker 2: Just Jesus is like what is going on? I mean, that would be in a way if you said, there's a fucking sequence where Jesus goes in a fucking wormhole into a black void which is Hell, and then he has a dance battle with James Brown. Yeah, the lights pop on. Yeah, I'm like, okay, look, I don't fuck with mel Gibson, but this is so absurd. I might have to torrent the legal version of the film because I might have to see that. Yeah, I would watch it just to laugh. Yeah. Yeah, man, well' the wait would Jim Cavitzel come back for this? I have to imagine.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's gonna object Jim cavisil he's gone full right wing mega.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's that gonna do?
Speaker 7: I know?
Speaker 2: I mean talk about controversy on top of controversy. Hey, Passion the Christ too, and it'll probably do extremely well from conflict marketing. Yeah, so called electric Tumulu. Yeah, it is funny to me that.
Speaker 3: It is funny to me that they blamed for for the flower bombing, like they're made up villain was an animal rights person, Like they're just always they they know, Yeah, they have the four D chest mind to know that. Like the media wants to blame, like they won't look too deep into that. They would love to blame an animal rights person. So yeah, there it is. But yeah, I mean the conflict the first Passion of the Crisis is probably the best example of conflict marketing. Like that movie is a monster monster hit. Yeah, and I don't like they were churches were being like it is your duty, you will go to hell if you don't go out and see this movie because isn't it Aramaic and ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, we're a whole bunch of different languages.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I can't wait to see the Shroud of Turin, Like, is he gonna use the shroud?
Speaker 6: Is? Like?
Speaker 2: Does he tie that up in like a nice head wrap or something like? Yeah? Oh wow, okay, we're starting our own Yeah, the three of us about to write this script, John, were about to have to get rid. All right, that's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: For this week's weekly Zeitgeist, please like and review the show If you like, the show.
Speaker 3: Means the world to Miles.
Speaker 2: He he needs your validation, folks.
Speaker 3: I hope you're having a great weekend and I will talk to you Monday.
Speaker 16: Bye.