Speaker 1: Welcome to today's edition of the Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Show podcast. Welcome in Clay Travis Buck Sexton Show Thursday edition of the program. We hope all of you are having fantastic starts to your day so far, and we hopefully are going to make it a little bit better as we roll through the Thursday edition of this program. Let's jump right into a Peter Navarro, by the way, going to join us in the third hour of the program about going to prison timing on that certainly interesting given everything that's going on in the climate as it pertains to criminal investigations and the political sort of universe that is surrounding all of those. But we began with news that hit last night. As I was in the process of flying back home, I'm texting with Buck. We first hear that there is going to be some of these different affiliate stations that carry the Jimmy Kimmel Show on ABC that are refusing to carry it. And maybe let me take a step back for those of you who have not been following this story, let me kind of lay it out for you on Monday, and you can correct me if I get any of these facts wrong. Buck on Monday, Jimmy Kimmel made a joke, and really it was more of the comment that preceded the joke that was the controversy, and I want to play that for you. That is now I believe cut number twenty six. This happened on Monday's Jimmy Kimmel Show. Listen.
Speaker 2: We get some new lows over the weekend with the Maggi gang desperately trying to characterize this kid who murdered Charlie Kirk as anything other than one of them and went everything they can to score political points from it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that was not actually a joke. That was a comment that suggested that the assassin was actually one of us, that is, a Trump supporter, that is, someone who voted for Trump. That of course, was not true, and there was quite a lot of evidence that it was not true. On by Monday afternoon evening, when that show would have been taped, there was then I believe the show aired on Tuesday, there was no reference to it, to that joke, to that commentary. It then grew in intensity during Tuesday and last night they said, Jimmy Kimmel's not going to air now. The pressure it appears came from two different affiliate networks. And let me explain how this exactly works, because I don't think most people understand this. I live in Nashville. My local ABC affiliate is owned by Nexstar. That is, it's not owned by Disney. It is basically licensing ABC content, but it is a locally owned Nashville for instance, where I live. Station Saint Claire is another company that owns many different ABC affiliates. These are very big companies that own multiple different networks across the political across the country. And last night on my ABC affiliate, because I flipped it over, the guide said it would air Celebrity Family Feud in the place of Jimmy Kimmel. Instead, they aired News Nation, which is also owned by Nexstar. So I thought that was interesting. Just I presume their nightly news content.
Speaker 3: I am a friend of Leland Viddertz, I think I could say, or he's a friend of mine, and so I will do his show sometimes on News Nation because you know, Leland's a good guy and we may have him on the showston to talk about his book.
Speaker 4: But he's a News Nation host, So there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I flipped it over. And that's what was on. There are a variety of different reactions now that are across the political spectrum. I don't believe unless it's happened in the last fifteen minutes that Jimmy Kimmel has officially been fired, but there is no return date so far or any certainty that he will ever come back. It could be like Stephen Colbert, which CBS announced they were going to be canceling.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: In addition, that's the background, and I think I got all that right. Buck. You can correct me if there's any details that you think are facts that you think we need to add into the equation here. I just want to make sure all of you are well informed and understand all the background. The Commissioner of the FCC, Brendan Carr, who we have had on the program quite often, weighed in yesterday about the fact that the broadcast licenses that is, ABC, CBS, NBC are actually just that they're licenses and they are required to try and be down the middle of the road when it comes to their news telecast, when it comes to their broadcast overall, in other words, because that is government spectrum, the unlike cable which can be as partisan as theoretically, at once, to a large extent, your broadcast networks, ABC, CBS, and NBC are being given the ability to broadcast on publicly owned spectrum, and as a part of that, they have obligations of fairness. With that in context, Disney basically decided, with Nextstar and Sinclair putting out public comments and will read some of those for you, that they were not going to be airing the Jimmy Kimmel Show. There is no set return date. It is now turned into Jimmy Kimmel is seen as a martyr for free speech on the left, and those on the right are pointing out that this is consequence culture, not cancel culture. I think I'm kind of summing up that argument. Here's what I would say to you, Buck, as we again, now having laid all those parameters out, Roseanne Barr had the number one show in America other than football, so obviously I'm talking about a scripted television show. More people were watching the Roseanne Show, whatever it was called. She made a joke on Twitter and Barack Obama and Michelle Obama. According to her, among many other prominent left wingers, called Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney and he fired Roseanne on the spot. They wrote her off the show and had her die of a drug overdose. I think some of you will remember, I think the show was called The Connors, and that was the end of her sitcom career, at least in that show. We also had Gina Carano, who was one of the stars of The Mandalorian, which at the time was the most popular Disney Plus streaming show out there. She shared so social media post that were considered to be unacceptable by those on the left. Disney fired her. Not one word from anyone on the left when both of those firings happen based on a tweet, based on social media post, and now suddenly Jimmy Kimmel is the cause celeb of everyone on the left here. So I would point out that when you create a culture where someone can be fired when they say something that is considered offensive, you have created the standards by which your own stars can also be fired. And to me, if you didn't say a word about Roseanne, and you didn't say a word about Gina Carano, I don't understand how you think you have the moral high horse or legitimacy to suddenly ride in and say Oh my goodness, look at what they're doing to Jimmy Kimmel. So that's my take, Buck, what's your thoughts.
Speaker 3: We've got a couple of minutes here, so I'll give you a quick I knew you were fired up. I'll give you a quick quick and dirty clacks. I think you're gonna want to dive into this one too. All of those cases, all of those instances are very important lead up and context to understand why so many people on the right feel their way they do. Right now, which is the funniest thing that has involved Jimmy Kimmel in a long time. Is him getting ganked off the air? Okay, Like, I think this is hilarious. I have no sympathy for him.
Speaker 5: It all.
Speaker 4: He's not a First Amendment martyr. And there's all.
Speaker 3: And you established much of why that is. I would add to it, though, where were all of these people right now? And we'll play some of their voices, like Brad Stelter's like, oh my gosh, it's deaf cod what Yes, it's def cod onod for Friz bitch man.
Speaker 4: That guy need some chuck.
Speaker 3: But you know they're they're trying to make this big, this big case about how this is a violation of the First Amendment. Well, where were they during COVID, when people like you and me were having social media platforms shut us down, penalize us, demonetize us and all the rest at government direction. The government was directing them to do this. The government was singling out, we could have Alex Bearnson on his you know, his hair would be on fire talking about this. The government was, by name, Biden's administration was by account saying silence this person, take them off. And this is remember people, this is a lot of people make you know their living by being able to share their thoughts on social media, tell people about their their content, their substack, their podcast, whatever it is. So there's clear monetary damage. And I saw you tweeted about this.
Speaker 4: Clay.
Speaker 3: The Supreme Court in June of twenty twenty four, six' three got this one terribly.
Speaker 5: Wrong is it?
Speaker 1: Wrong totally.
Speaker 3: Wrong roberts and Amy Cony barrett completely screwed this one up because, THEY, i you, know they didn't want to get all rough with The biden.
Speaker 4: ADMINISTRATION i don't.
Speaker 3: Know and they essentially said that there was and this is a very brief overview from WHEN i did a quick scan of it again this, morning the. Case but essentially they said that the that what was In MISSOURI i think was one of them that brought the case lack, standing couldn't prove that there would be future instances of this kind of, censorship couldn't prove that the government urging necessity necessarily resulted in the, suppression and basically just washed their hands of. It, NOW i think they got it wrong With. Clay that's the law of the, land or that The Supreme court, said unless you can prove the government took an action because of or, sorry the private company took an action because of a government action. Itself the government just saying something to a private company is not enough on its own for you to be able to claim some Big First amendment.
Speaker 4: Infringement so these are the rules it libs deal with.
Speaker 1: It, Yeah and, that by the, Way Spring court decision is wrong in my, opinion because the most important PRE i would, say of many important aspects of The First, amendment And i'm synthesizing and simplifying here is the government can't ask a private actor to do what it could not, do because otherwise there is no purpose of the government, restriction so the government can't say to a private, company hey go censor that guy or that, gal because the government itself could not do. It that's basically all they did with social. Media they went To facebook and they Threatened, facebook and they threatened social media. Companies if you don't either, censor take down these, comments or restrict their, sharing there will be consequences for your. Business they even said it publicly and The Supreme court said six' three. That's okay now On The jimmy, KIMMEL front i think this is such an important aspect of. This story we have created a world where you can be fired no matter how much or how long you've been doing a thing of creative work in the, larger public if somebody that is powerful enough or a group of people are powerful enough to have seen what, you tweeted what, you posted what we said on. This show as you all who Listened, To Rush no rush was one of the initial targets of, cancel CULTURE and i just think, that's wrong and some people are gonna get mad. AT me i am one of the few who Was, defending roseanne Was Defending, gina carano Was, defending RUSH and i DON'T think i think you Can Fire jimmy kimmel if you think he's not Good. For disney that's how all. BUSINESSES work i personally don't like, the idea idea that he, said something EVEN if i think, it's wrong and that is going to be the action that suddenly he's no. Longer employable and by, The way i've been saying this for a. LONG time i said It When bill maher got fired off politically incorrect for what he said about the nine to. Eleven terrorists but this, is profoundly by and large created by, the left and they are now bearing the consequences of the culture that. They CREATED and i understand why other people out there, are, like hey, good riddance you. Made this you made, your bed not lie. In it it's.
Speaker 3: Really just about a, power shift and the power dynamics. Have changed they don't have the power to just crush their opponents over issues like. This anymore and, in Fact the trump movement has taken a lot of that power into their. Own hands so choe is on the. Other foot as Far as, i'm concerned there's no principle that they're operating. On here just don't ever. Forget, that look no matter how safe you think your, neighborhood is there's always a chance you'll be a victim of a home invasion. A burglary it happens about twice a. Minute nationwide you want to have the right tools to defend yourself and protect your family until the cops can. Show up and that's where Products from saber. Come in you can go big with their pepper spray. Projectile launchers, in fact there's a bundle that you can get right now when you go to saberradio. Dot com a special bundle picked out that has everything, you need including, practice projectiles which you can just take into. Your backyard by, the way you don't have to go to a gun range. With these you can do this all in your, own yard in your. Own space saber pepper projectile launchers are the best in the game and they will stop. The threat plus for just keep in your pocket pepper sprays and. Pepper gels sabers the number one pepper spray brand trusted by.
Speaker 4: Law enforcement this is a.
Speaker 3: Company that CLAY and i both trust to protect our families with the best non lethal self protection tools. Out, there look as, You know i'm a force. ESCALATION guy i got a lot of lethal stuff at. HOME too i got a lot of edge weapons and a lot. Of FIREARMS but i believe in having. Non lethals my wife particularly likes having. Non lethals so add this to yours home to your home. Defense toolkit go to saberradio. Dot Com that's sabre e radio. Dot com you'll say fifteen, percent There That's Saber radio sabre. Dot com or call eight FOUR four a two four safe eight four four eight two. Four safe we are joined now by Our Friend. Eric trump, he is, of course one Of A president, trump's sons A guy i've known since we were both in, grade school and he's doing amazing things Running a.
Speaker 4: Trump organization as you.
Speaker 3: All know he's also got a new, book Out, Under Siege My family's Fight to Save, our nation and a portion of the proceeds we'll Go To, TURNING point usa to Help Continue charlie. Kirk's, mission eric thanks for making the time. For us it's great to be back on talk. To us if you would for a second here about the because we did we have to dive into this news of. THE day i think it hit EVERYBODY like i don't know if it was that much of, a surprise given what a jerky's. Been lately but what's your take On the kimmel in? Definite suspension.
Speaker 5: Listen to the guy has been, a jerk he hasn't, been funny but, BUT honestly i think the network uses a way to get him out, based on, you know. BAD ratings, i mean look at what ratings are on ON on ABC and NBC and cbs, right now, you know relative to call some of the, other shows some of even the. Cable Shows right look at, my wife Look. AT laura, i mean her show is getting two, point six, you know two point eight, million people, you know On a, saturday night and you LOOK at cnn during, the week and if they can pull, five six seven hundred, thousand people, it's like, you know they're they're doing great, for, Themselves right so it clearly shows that the content is. Not working people are no. Longer mused it's not funny to make fun of thirty one year old kids who are getting assassinated on, any soil CERTAINLY not, us soil especially somebody who is as beloved as as Our. Friend charlie And and i'm glad they got rid of. This.
Speaker 1: Jerk eric where were you when you found out about what Happened To charlie kirk, last week and what was your? Immediate reaction because you've got, young kids like he does And like, buck does and my kids are getting a little. Bit older but you, travel around you do a lot of, public events so does. Your wife what was your reaction when you? Saw that, you, know, HONESTLY guys i.
Speaker 5: Hate stayed it was like Deja, vuda, BUTLER right, I mean i walked into, my office my my sister came running up. To me lard. Grabbed me, she goes, you Know to charlie shot and it Looks like. CHARLIE'S dead, i mean it was right after and obviously at that point it was making its round on, social media and, YOU know, i uh, you know you look at the movement of the body and and and you knew it. Was devastating and, you, Know me i've competed in all the shooting sports my. Entire life, you know you could you could tell it was a high. POWER rifle i could tell instantly that was high power rifle just by the sound of, the shot and and and my. HEART sank, i mean, You know charlie was. A friend i've been on the stage with him a, hundred times did you guys have, you know we've we've done a lot of events together over the last, you know, ten years and and You know i've stood on that same stage thousand, times myself, you know in swing states all across. The country and then there there were times leading up to election where we're doing five, six events, you know like that, a day, you know all over every, victory office, every factory every, you know standing on Top Of john dear attractors with. A bullhorn and, YOU know, i mean my heart sunk a young guy who created one of the greatest political movements in, this country who changed the entire youth vote In The. United states and, you know they thought they could get rid of some guy's voice by using a bullet to expunge. Somebody's life and, and honestly when you look at, you know one point four million people March, across london when You, See Pretoria south africa and marches in Honor, of charlie when you see churches full all across, the country and the days, that follow, you know they only cemented. His legacy they didn't expunge. His legacy they cemented. His legacy and you Know. And charlie charlie lives on and, you know we can never leave, that. STAGE guys i will never ever ever get off. That stage AND and i think he was a great inspiration for.
Speaker 3: All well he is and certainly your father continues. To be and that moment, You mentioned butler where fortunately a very a very different outcome there for for that day with respect to, your father and that he was able to pump his fist in the air and tell everyone to continue. To fight eric probably the most iconic SINGLE moment i think in my Life in. AMERICAN politics i don't know of anything that would really compete. With that that the power of that VISUAL and i know in your Book, Under Siege My famili's fight to Save, our nation you get into a lot. Of this one of the, good, things though is that this is the greatest political comeback and and really the MOST inspiring i think story of overcoming a lot of the forces of darkness in this country just by telling your family's story and telling about what you, your brother, your sister, you know, your dad and what you've all.
Speaker 1: Been.
Speaker 5: Through, yeah, SO guys i started working on this three, years ago and, YOU know i was the guy who ran the. Whole company so everything Outside, OF washington dc and the family really saw on, my shoulders and, you know all of, a sudden it was, impeachment one it was. Impeachment two it Was the. Russia hoax is the. DIRTY dossier i was getting called FROM. THE fbi i hear you have secret servers in the Basement Of, trump tower, you know communicating directly With. The kremlin it was obviously a. Total sham. You know then they sent, every da every age, after us whether It Was new York, or WASHINGTON. D C Or, Fulton. County georgia you know the stories of all. OF those i got one hundred and. TWELVE subpoenas i became the most subpoena Person in, american history, you know by. These radicals then they took us Off of Facebook and Twitter. And instagram they took my father off the Ballot in colorado and then And. Then maine, you know they came, After us they came after. Our employees they Raided, mar lago they raided. OUR homes, i mean it was non. Stop siege they wanted to, Bankrupt us they wanted to see. Us gone they wanted to take away, Our voice they wanted the dozens of gag orders we, all had and these these, nonsense cases all of which, we won and the vast majority of them fell on my shoulders because again they came after the company based on the fact that my father had, constitutional protections and, you know and we beat. These guys we beat them back at every. Single instance and AND so i started writing this book under siege because that's what they wanted. To do, and then, YOU know i had my two kids on my lap When when butler, came around and you know why my father's hair almost get blown off while having a five and seven year old sitting on my lap four and six year old actually at that time sitting on, MY lap i mean in HIGH, definition tv and, you know it's, you know and THEN obviously i saw them trying to do, it again and, you know with palm at the, golf course AND then i saw what Happened. To charlie and that's what, they. Wanted guys they wanted our, voices gone they wanted our, movement gone they wanted my, father gone they wanted me off, that stage they wanted done off. That stage they sure as hell don't, like, you guys forever everything you stand for and how principal the two of you guys Have been and That's what underseage. Is about it's about all the behind the scenes stories of how they tried to just, decimate us the corruption, of government and frankly and, thank god how, we won how we triumphed and in something that was such an impossible, YOU know, i mean endless fight that. Went on for ONE.
Speaker 3: Thing i want To, ask Eric is clay told me this? FROM me i refuse to Read The snake tapper BOOK because i just felt like it. Was trying, you know he's the arsonist who's then along the, fire, Department right it just Felt too but one interesting revelation from, the Book and claire read the, whole BOOK so i. APPRECIATE it i did it so everybody else didn't have to. Do it he jumped on that hand grenade for the rest. Of us we appreciated. That ONE but i Uh that biden was behind closed doors constantly with glee in, his eyes talking about how your dad was going to go. To prison does that surprise you? At all like did you think that there was still some sense of fair play In That Biden white house but then when that, came out or did you know that that was that really the whole time they wanted to lock your dad in. A, CELL.
Speaker 5: Guys i was the one when they Rated Mar laga who's SHOUTING? On TV and i you THINK the fbi Rated Mar a lago without the explicit permission Of the president Of The, United, states like give me a. Freaking break and by, the way the other interesting Thing About, Jake tapper laura was on. A show she was On c, she, goes, listen hey everybody realizes this guy doesn't have his mental faculties and he starts screaming at her on, the show how are you the person? To die, you know his? His cogitabilities don't you think you're offending children with stutters around? The Country, AND laura, i mean she would not put up with. The nonsense she fought. Right back and then, sure enough, you know you look at the title and you can maybe remind me of the. Exact title but it, was like, you Know a biden's, you know a cognitive decline and the cover up by the mainstream media sitting there saying the irony of this when when sixth have, to, apologize like, you know the irony of this when you're, sitting there, you know Yelling At laura trump for saying that we all realize everybody in this country realizes that the guy is not exactly the sharpest tool In they.
Speaker 3: He said laura was making fun of. His, stutter, yeah yeah which is.
Speaker 5: Just, insane yeah and it screamed at her for for quote Unquote diagnosing biden and not having. A PhD, i mean, give me give me. A break and then he writes the book about how, you know the media misled, the WORLD and, i mean the great irony, of this but, you know, that's, why honestly that's example nine and twenty of why people detest the mainstream media in this country and why honestly independent voice, like yours, you know are moving, the needle and why no ONE, watches cbs and why you know People Like jimmy kimmel are getting fired and and, you know.
Speaker 1: So On under siege is The Book My family's Fight to Save. Our nation we're Talking With. Eric trump you are a. Business guy you're traveling all over the world. Doing deals and one PLACE that i think is emblematic of how much the culture has shifted is suddenly everybody wants to play on your family's fantastic. Golf. COURSES again i know that that's a, good thing but does a part of you just think when these deals, get, done man so many of these business people are complete and. Total cowards your dad was right, in, sixteen, seventeen eighteen. Nineteen twenty they try to, cancel him they kick, him off and then he wins the. Popular vote he's, now standing, you know doing toast With the King and Queen of england, last night and all these business, guys suddenly, you know they show back up and, they're, like oh we always. Love you oh let's go with. THE you, i mean this is is business one of the most shameless places on the planet, in general because you guys are grinding for years and now everybody. Loves you but it's got to be a part. Of you it's got to, be like give me. A break i.
Speaker 5: Got canceled guys by every bank in the country for doing, nothing wrong ONLY because i chose to Wear A Make America great. Again hat i'm talking about golf courses In Upstate. New york things that had absolutely nothing to do. With, politics things, you know entities that have been around for twenty five years that had been perfect customers and they turned. Us Off, capital one the worst of all, of them turned us off like we. WERE dogs, i mean they canceled three hundred accounts in the middle of, the night and then all of, a sudden every SINGLE day, i get, you know calls from the heads of the and you would know the names of every single one. Of them they're the Bankers On Wall. Street, high eric, you know we really missed the relationship and we'd really love to get. BACK together, i mean if you're waiting to come over, My house i'd love to take you. To dinner i'd love you to. Treat you, you know it'd be great if we could try and rekindle. The Relationship and i'm, sitting, there GUYS and i have very little tolerance for, this nonsense, you know, Especially now i'm over, trying to, you know. Hide feelings and, You know i'm not into the pageantry of. This stuff and you're sitting there saying. You dirty can't say it on, the, Radio, guy yeah but, you KNOW like i REMEMBER and i will, not forget and and you know it is, it is it. Is Shameless. Listen zuckerberg zuckerberg's come around in a. Big WAY and i actually legitimately believe he loves my father and loves, our FAMILY and i have a nice relationship with. Him now but now he was sitting behind me at inauguration was the First time i've ever. Met Him and, i'm saying, they're saying you're sitting behind. Me inauguration yet in, twenty twenty you spent four hundred million dollars. Against this you put four hundred and by, the way you Go on facebook to try and find a, polling location, you know or a, voting location, a ballot, you know and, guess what every single one would come Up for biden and not a single one would come Up. For trump, it's like, you know they rig the algorithms they put, countly right they turned down, everybody's dials and now all of, a sudden everybody's smiling. And happy and, You know i'm not saying that people can't change, your MIND and i think he legitimately did and is legitimately on the. Team now but it's, you know sometimes it's hard to bite.
Speaker 3: Your, tongue well we really appreciate the story and also the fight that your family has put forward for, the country and it is a phenomenal first year in. This administration we're not just saying this because he's, your dad not just Sitting, it's ERIC because I think i met you when you were ten years old or something for the.
Speaker 4: First time but this is.
Speaker 3: The truth it has been an incredible first year and what your dad has come through is the most amazing political battle in. MY lifetime i think in any of. OUR lifetime i don't think anything would come close. To it and the fact that you're giving a portion of the proceeds of the Book To turning point to continue On with, CHARLIE'S legacy i think just speaks to how much you care, about well, Your, friend charlie, his family and also the mission that he. Left behind so the book is, under siege my family's fight to save. Our nation go get. Your, copies eric welcome, any time. My friend please come. Back soon thanks.
Speaker 1: You Guys That's. Eric trump buck when we come back will react to that a little bit more. Price picks i'm actually going to make the pick this WEEK because i wasn't sure about my. Travel schedule so you don't have to Worry about buck like panic trying To Read george pickles or try To re.
Speaker 4: You better have a seque pick for, me, today though Is all.
Speaker 1: I'm, TELLING okay i am going to give the pick at the end of the, third HOUR so i will text it, To you buck and you can hop on because you're going to be traveling Back, TO miami. I Think But, price picks you can go get hooked up, RIGHT Now, Nfl Action College football action all. Back underway use My name clay. Right now you play, five dollars you get. Fifty dollars you can Play, in california you can Play, in texas you can Play, in georgia forty. Plus states if you're feeling, left out all you have to do is go to pricepicks. Dot com use My. Name clay that's Pricepicks. Dot com My. Name clay to get hooked up today and you will have some FUN and i will have a pick for you in the next hour for, the week and we'll see if we can make it two out of three weeks to get. Everything done load up the phone lines by the eight two two eight. A two you can also hit. Those talkbacks we'll play some of those as we continue. To roll that's Pricepicks. Dot Com, code clay fifty dollars when you play five dollars go, do it Pricepicks, dot com code c l, a y let's hit some of. The, news buck by, the way is on his Way. To miami he and his family, are Traveling so i've got you solo for the rest of the. Show tomorrow by, The way buck will have you solo Because and i'm looking forward. TO this i am one of the keynotes For The Michigan. Republican party Our Friend tutor dixon is obviously very involved in that part Of the Clay and buck. Podcast network i'm gonna be up At, Mckinaw island michigan for a big event there that is one of their signature events of. The year And obviously michigan is one of the BIGGEST battlegrounds, uh anywhere but also the home state of My, wife laura and we got Engaged On, mcinawe island so it's kind of cool to go Back twenty i'm doing the math in my head twenty three years later and be doing a keynote there at the at, their event which is At The, grand hotel which is one of the great Hotels. In AMERICA and i could barely afford a hotel room there for one night when we got engaged twenty three years ago and now going back to help keynote one of the big events For The Michigan. Republican party so very COOL and i am looking forward to, doing THAT and i imagine that some of you that are listening right now will be a part of that event going, on there which they do on an, annual basis and is a very cool is a very cool place to be doing that event if you've never, BEEN before i would have. No idea i've said this before and people, always, say hey, shut up you're giving away. A secret i did not know how Spectacular northern, michigan was and still not KNOW unless i had ended up married to a Girl, from michigan and especially in, the summer but also in. THE fall i don't love, cold weather so some of you do love, cold weather but for basically, every time but the winter one of the greatest places in. The country and in, the, SUMMER oh, i mean just absolutely spectacular. Up there and you guys MAY remember i did the show for a While From traverse city, this summer But so i'm excited to be back. Up there but that Is where i'll Be. On friday not very easy to get in and out of, that Location so i'll be traveling during the. Show tomorrow let's dive in to some of what happened At The, state dinner and then we'll spend more time talking about the biggest story of the day and all the discussion, surrounding it which Is The. Jimmy Kimmel The jimmy kimmel effectively, being SUSPENDED although i think it's going to end in. A firing here is Last night's. State dinner some of you probably saw some of the video highlights yesterday afternoon evening saying that we must continue to stand for the values and people Of the english, Speaking world cut. TWENTY two i thought this was particularly well Said. By, trump listen.
Speaker 6: The bond of kinship and Identity between america And The united kingdom is priceless. And eternal it's irreplaceable. And unbreakable and we are as, a country as, you're now doing. Unbelievably well we had a very sick country one year ago, AND today, i believe with the hottest country anywhere in. The world, in fact nobody's even. Questioning it but we owe so much of that to you and the footing that you gave us when we. Started together we've done more good for humanity than any two countries in all. Of, history together we must defend the exceptional heritage that makes us who, we are and we must continue to stand for the value use and the people Of the english speaking world that we do indeed stand.
Speaker 7: FOR that.
Speaker 1: A couple of more cuts from, that Event the, State dinner let me flip it over to the other side of. The pond Here Is king charles giving a Toast to trump And The. First lady this. Happened, yesterday Listen Mister President.
Speaker 8: Missus trump the bond between our two nations is indeed a. Remarkable one forged in the far, of conflict it has been fortified through our shared endeavors and burnished by the deep affection between. Our people tested time, and again it has borne the weight of our common purpose and raised our ambition for a. Better world so in renewing our, bond tonight we do so with unshakable trust in our friendship and in our shared commitment to dependence. And, liberty therefore as we celebrate this, unparalleled partnership allow me to propose a Toast To president trump And The, first lady and to, the, health prosperity and happiness of the people Of The united States.
Speaker 1: Of america is it unfair to get to Have the? BRITISH accent i feel like it adds multiple grade levels to what it sounds like. You're saying in, other words if YOU'RE a c level student and you Have a, british accent it makes you feel like YOU'RE an a. Level student if YOU'RE an a, level student it takes you into the stratosphere, of genius all because of the way you sound while. YOU talk i don't know that anywhere else Likes the. AMERICAN accent i don't Think in england they're Listening to trump, and saying you, know What this, american accent it just sounds. So Good the british accent really is kind of an unfair advantage when it comes to argument one more take. Twenty one This is trump again Saying the state dinner is one of the highest honors of.
Speaker 7: His Life, Your majesty MILANI and i are deeply grateful to You And queen camilla for your, extraordinary graciousness.
Speaker 6: And to William. And kate thank you. So much it's been so great being with.
Speaker 7: You today thank you, very much.
Speaker 6: Appreciate it it's a singular privilege to be The first american president.
Speaker 7: Welcomed here and.
Speaker 6: If you think, about it, it said it's a lot, of presidents and this was the second, state visit and that's, the first and maybe that's going to be the. LAST time i hope, it, is actually but this is truly one of the highest honors of. My life such respect for you and such respect for.
Speaker 1: YOUR country i don't think we talk about it enough as. A society i Love that trump said this is maybe the greatest partnership in the history of. THE world i think, he's right and we are all in debts of Gratitude for western civilization and what it has provided all of us around the world in terms of economic in terms of basic, human rights in terms of all of the freedoms that we in many ways take. For granted they're all rooted in the Exceptionalism of, western civilization and much of so called woke collective culture is really just about tearing down the Fabric of western civilization and arguing that it's rooted. In illegitimacy and once you see that that is what's, going on it becomes so important that all of us stand up and speak stridently and forthrightly in Favor of western civilization and basic human rights around the. World everywhere and that's why it was. So dastardly that's why it was so pernicious When The New york, Times, decided hey we're going To redefine american history through the prism of slavery as opposed To The, american revolution because they knew exactly what they. Were, doing If As Nicole, hanna jones, for Instance In The New york, times decided they, Didn't, Say hey america's founding happened in fourteen. Ninety two you, know how most people really don't talk. About that And when i'm saying fourteen, ninety two obviously i'm talking about the discovery Of The, New, world columbus all, of that because from fourteen ninety two to sixteen nineteen there was no slavery in. The colonies there was, indentured servitude but. No, slavery so for whatever the math is, on that the first one hundred and forty Years Of new world there was, no slavery and then there was slavery from sixteen nineteen to eighteen, sixty three but only about eighty years of that Was The american republic. Allowing slavery so they don't take fourteen ninety two as. The founding they don't take seventeen, seventy six when we declared independence and became an, independent country as. The founding they say sixteen nineteen is the founding Of The united states, because effectively that's the time that the first Slaves from africa Arrived On united. States shore and if this is, really important if they Can define america as fundamentally rooted in the illegitimacy, of slavery then they can tear down the entire fabric of. The country it's all, very calculated it's all based. In story how do we define the story Of The? United states is it one primarily defined by triumph or is it one primarily defined by evil and an. Awful exploitation if it is awful, and exploitative then everything that is built is rooted in a foundation, of illegitimacy and hence can be. Swept Away, the Constitution the Bill, of Rights the Declaration, of independence none of it. Means anything and that's what they're. Actually AFTER and I think trump. GETS it I Know jade vance gets it at his essence and at, his core and all of you if you haven't really spent enough time thinking, about it spend more time thinking. About it all of this is Rooted in, western civilization And Certainly charlie kirk. Got it and, in fact if you look at that big picture and if you, contemplate it it's also rooted in religion in. Many ways and even if you are listening to me right now and you are, not RELIGIOUS as i know some of, you are maybe even minut, of you we all benefit from other people who are religious because their attempt to live a more honorable life benefits all. Of us you send less you engage in, violent behavior yet less you think about the larger context of your life as you're going to be judged, for it which in general leads to better. Life choices and all of that is Rooted in, western CIVILIZATION which i Do think trump was right in. That Toast The united States and england have historically stood for more than any countries in, the world at least in. Recent, history now what does it say that many of these countries that have basked in the Legitimacy of western civilization for a very, Long, Time, Italy, England, germany france many Of These western european countries are now turning their Back on. Western civilization we and this is kind of wild to, think about have actually infected them with the, woke virus and it has, RUN rampant i would argue in those countries even more now than it, has HERE where I think trump is acting in many ways as an inoculation against the. Woke virus it hasn't happened Yet, In europe and, in fact if you go back and look at the way that the woke virus has spread All Throughout, western europe they blamed us for bringing it, to them and yet their countries may be more susceptible to it because they don't Have A. Donald trump just think. ABOUT it, i was, you know nerd STYLE as i watched some Of That, state dinner thinking about the mutuality of impact And How western europe certainly has created the republic that we're fortunate enough to live in, right now and how much smarter and better versed in history our founders were because they learned from all of recorded history the flaws that prior governments had made when they tried to build. Our own and now this, woke VIRUS which i like to think that we have extinguished to a large degree in, this country although there's still pockets that need to be attacked and. Inoculated against it actually is running more Rampant in europe right now than it even, is HERE and i hope we can. Change that we'll take some of. YOUR calls i want to dive Into The jimmy kimmel think a bit More BUCK like i said on, The road he'll have you tomorrow Solo when i'm traveling Up to michigan to be one of the keynote speakers at they're big event. Up THERE but i want to, tell, you unfortunately as many of you, saw yesterday we lost several different police officers in an unfortunate attack against those who would continue to help. Protect us and every time one of these, SITUATIONS happens i feel very Fortunate that Tunnel to towers exist because thanks to what, they do they can take care of so many people who put their lives on the line every, single DAY Like Us Army Major. Scott smiley friends like you have shown your Gratitude for scott not only, through words but through actions for the service that's got put out there In The United. States army he Was in iraq leading his platoon when a car bomb detonated in front. Of him the blast left him blind and, temporarily paralyzed but he refused to let his injury stop his. Military career scott became the first blind active duty officer in military history before medically retiring. Years later thanks to friends, like You the Tunnel The towers Foundation gave scott and his family a mortgage free smart home to help him live. More independently please show that you appreciate the profound sacrifices Made by, america's heroes the men and women who have served our country or our, local community so unselfishly donate eleven dollars a Month to tunnel Of the towers at t twot. Dot org that's t the number two t. Dot org let's go back Into The jimmy. Kimmel controversy i've got some more THOUGHTS and i want to get. Your reactions eight hundred and two two two eight. A two you can also give. Us talkbacks let's play one more TIME because i know many people will join the show at. Different times this is what created the latest free. Speech controversy This, was monday during The Monologue jimmy kimmel On The charlie. Kirk, assassination listen.
Speaker 5: We hit some new.
Speaker 2: Lows over the weekend With The magga gang desperately trying to characterize this kid Who Murdered charlie kirk as anything other than one of them and everything they can to score political points.
Speaker 4: From, it.
Speaker 1: Okay so that that is. The commentary it tied in in the minds of many to this calculated attempt to try to make this crazy assassin seem as if he were a member Of the trump. Supporting right and there was a very calculated attempt to try, to, say oh The Reason charlie kirk was assassinated was because he wasn't right, wing enough when all of the evidence that you have all been exposed to and had shared, with you certainly on this program and in, other places clearly evinces that this was a guy who was dating a trains person family says had gone far, left wing wrote, anti Fascist, anti nazi pro trans messages on the shellcasings of his of the bullets of the weapon that he was planning to use To Kill. Charlie kirk all of these things clearly demonstrate that he was of the left and that he was motivated by a decade plus of people out There Calling donald trump and his supporters Hitler. And nazis and now that there is a suspension that has come thanks to some of the affiliate stations out there saying we wan't, air this there is now a pushback in an aggressive way against the Idea That jimmy kimmel should have been suspended. Over this i'm going to play some of that audio so that you have a context of what's, Going on but let me just, SAY this i think, in general you have to remain committed to print in cible, over politics even sometimes when it leads to situations that you may. Not like the left has not, done that and the left, in fact Let's use. Disney Examples roseanne barr shared a tweet that was deemed to be unacceptable and she was, immediately canceled even though she was on the most popular SHOW on abc at the time other, than sports most popular, scripted show and they wrote off her character as dying of a. Drug Overdose gina carano was on the most popular streaming show in All of Disney Plus. The mandalorian she shared opinions that were considered to bexpected unacceptable on. Social media she was fired so when the left has established and When The disney corporation has established that their standard of, speed is if we decide that it is unacceptable in, any way we're going to. FIRE you i don't think they have any legs to stand On With, JIMMY kimmel i. JUST don't i think they have cut the legitimacy of their arguments out from. Underneath, me now some of you are not going to appreciate, this ARGUMENT but i have made. It consistently some of you are going to NodD along and say this. IS important i don't think anybody actually benefits from. CANCEL culture i don't think society benefits from. CANCEL culture i don't think when they tried To cancel rush that that was a benefit for. This show and many of you who Listened to rush know Exactly what i'm. Talking about rush was at the forefront of. CANCEL culture i not surprisingly to some of you, out there people have tried to cancel me for a. Long time, IN fact i shared this clip from eight years ago this WEEK when i WENT. On cnn i've been BANNED from cnn for making a JOKE when, I, said hey the only Two things i've ever believed in completely Are The first amendment. In boobs if you haven't heard that here. IT is cnn has still banned me. For. That listen I'm A first.
Speaker 9: AMENDMENT absolutist i believe in only two, things Completely The first amendment. And boobs and so once they made the decision that they were not to say you believe in the, related commentary.
Speaker 1: THEY can i just want to MAKE sure i heard.
Speaker 9: You correctly as a woman anchoring, the show did you?
Speaker 1: Say what did you?
Speaker 9: Just say you believe In The first amendment ends btwws boobs two things that have only never let me down in this entire, country's History The first amendment. And boobs so those are the only TWO things i believe in absolutely in.
Speaker 1: THE country i just want to Make sure i'm hearing.
Speaker 4: You CORRECTLY b.
Speaker 1: O o ze or b o o bs.
Speaker 9: Because as, A woman i'm i'm as, IN boobs i believe completely In The first amendment and. In boobs those are the only TWO things i believe one hundred percent in in. This country and by, The way jamel.
Speaker 1: Has actually sit there.
Speaker 9: Even say that live on national television and with a FEMALE ho i say it.
Speaker 1: Live on the radio all.
Speaker 9: The time because, it's true and THAT'S what i DO because i like moves And The, first amendment which is EXACTLY what.
Speaker 1: I said, All right so if you haven't seen. That clip eight, years ago that was the number one trending Story, In America brooke baldwin wrote an editorial essentially Demanding that i'd. BE fired i was doing sports. Talker radio everybody tried to get me fired. Over, that now, it's ironic certainly that to make a point about believing In The, FIRST amendment i would do it in a humorous way that would get more attention and not immediately apologized to a woman who tried to play the identity politics card LIVE on cnn and tried to get. Me fired but all of these people that claim now that They Are first amendment Warriors For, jimmy kimmel they Cheered When roseanne barr, Was fired they Cheered When gina carano. Was fired they Cheered When tucker carlson was taken off. The air they would cheer and do CARTWHEELS if I or buck were taken off. The air because they aren't really committed To The. First amendment they are committed to removing people they disagree with from, the airwaves and THAT'S why i think the principle, here matters because the politics is constantly going. To shift i've said Before When bill maher got pulled off THE air abc on a Show Called politically incorrect for making politically incorrect comments, ABOUT terrorists i didn't think that. Was, Appropriate Now bill maher's talented ENOUGH that hbo came and they, hired him and he's probably got a way better show now than he did when he WAS. AT abc i give credit to the Boss that BUCK and i have now and the REASON that i am sitting talking to all, Of You, julie talbot because, at iHeart they are committed to allowing people from a wide variety of perspectives to be able to talk to. Large audiences there's a big difference between what you will hear on this show And what Charlemagne the god, will say Or What bobby bones, will say Or What ryan seacrest, will say Or What steve harvey. Will say. That's good that's how the country. Should be you should be able to go out and be exposed. To it the largest possible collection of arguments, out there and the largest possible collection of entertainers now here is my take ON why i don't necessarily agree with the way all this. WENT down i think firing someone because of something that they said on air is a form of. Cancel culture. For sure if you do not Believe That jimmy kimmel's show is worthy of being on, the air just. Pull it they Didn't Pull stephen colbert directly because of something he said on. The air, they said he's losing forty million dollars. A year we don't want to be in this. BUSINESS anymore i think, we all all of us actually end up in a worse place when we, are saying you can't make that joke, that's offensive you can't use that word in. That context all of, THESE things i think actually limit the larger scope of discussion in. This Country so i'm probably going to be the only person on the planet, who said wrong Decision, on roseanne wrong Decision On, gina CARANO and i think wrong decision on the Timing Surrounding. Jimmy, KIMMEL now i have tons, of thoughts and we've talked about it a lot on, the program about the decline of late night television and the fact that basically all late night television turned into left wing propaganda where you can only make fun of, one side and as, a result they destroyed their business in. The PROCESS that i have no. Issue with if tomorrow, iHeart, decided hey you, Know, what clay you and your show's not highly. Rated enough you're not making us. Enough money we got to, Move on, i'd, say hey you, know what that's a. Business imperative by, the way thanks to, you guys that's not. The case, in fact we just found out yesterday ratings are up twenty five percent over. Last year that's prett. Damn good. Thank you but that's the business. We're in if you don't make your, boss's money then at some point, in time they're going to come to you and they're going to try to find somebody who can or somebody. Who will and So if disney had had the hutzba to come forward, and say you, know what we're not getting a great rating in. This hour we think it's time to move on and try something new in that HOUR. With abc we think we can make more money doing, SOMETHING else i would, have, said hey you, know what more power. TO you i think deciding to pull him based on comments ultimately is, not beneficial and some of you out There, goes oh at, SOME point i don't know what it's going, to be they'll come. For us you. Know this they Came for. RUSH now i hope partly because OF what i did eight years ago when they came. FOR me i like to Think that i'm. Somewhat uncancellable i'd like to Think that buck is. Somewhat uncancellable but when you set the precedent that what people say on live shows can lead to them losing their, job immediately it's never going, to Stop right and that's what the left is learning. Right now they made, these rules and now they're looking around, and saying wait, A minute i don't like. These rules this is why people like me have. Been, saying ultimately the precedent is going to blow up, on YouTube and so there are going to be at some point, in time might be eight years, from now might be ten years. From now but if we establish the precedent of if someone SAYS something i, don't like they can't make a living doing that, job anymore eventually it's going to boomerang back on, the right just like it's boomeranging back on the left. Right Now and i'm going to be the guy sitting, Back, SAYING hey i don't think that's the, right Decision and i'm going to stand on principle over the politics of. The moment, now AGAIN, if CBS when cbs made, the Decision hey colbert, is gone we're losing forty million dollars. A year i think that's, a rational reasonable choice that they. Could make i'm a. BUSINESS guy i ran a. Media business there are people we've had to move on from because we can't afford, their salary because they're not actually making. Us money You HEARD steven A and i have this exact Discussion on tuesday where, he, said ultimately all of our jobs come down to are are we making? Bosses money and if, you're not you're not going to be employed. Very long, this, is, not however, to Me A first. Amendment issue it's a creative, freedom issue because nobody Is Keeping jimmy kimmel from coming out and saying exactly what. He thinks in any. Other forum he can start, a podcast he can start a. YouTube channel same Thing For. Stephen colbert look At what tucker Did When fox news took him off. The air it has never been easier for the name on the back Of the jersey to be able to be. Followed ANYWHERE so I just i don't buy into. This idea oh, my god this is the biggest attack On The first amendment that we've. Ever seen you know what a real attack On The first amendment would, Look like murdering somebody in cold blood while they're at a free speech event because you don't like what they, are saying which is exactly what Happened To. Charlie kirk and it's why there is a strong argument to be made that part of the sickness that afflicts the left in this country is they are more outspoken about a comedian not being able to continue on his late night comedy show than they are a dad being assassinated in cold blood at a free. Speech event one of those is a significant threat to free Speech. In america That Is charlie. Kirk's assassination the other is just a debate about where a person should go to share his or. Her opinions it has never been easier for Everybody in america to share their opinions than it. Is today i'll take some of, Your calls i'll take some of, your REACTIONS but i want to tell you, right Now rapid radios makes a tremendous product that is hugely beneficial, for you no matter what your life. Situation is my mother in law has a rapid radio because she doesn't have great reception where she lives, right now and she's able to easier get on the. Rapid radios my actually. He's eleven he had his eleventh. Birthday yesterday happy birthday to My. Youngest nash he's in. Fifth grade we don't want to get him a cell. Phone yet we will give him one of the rapid radios in our family household and he can take that out to be able to run around and use in the neighborhood so we can stay in touch. With him but he can still be able to play with. His friends but he's not on, the internet he's not on. Social media we. Use it he. Likes it it's Like Playing gi joe back in the DAY like i used. To, do also it's. Hurricane season there's always tornadoes ripping through NOW where i Live. In nashville if you want something that you can use even if the power goes down five days without needing an, additional charge you're gonna love. This product we Talked about buck's family being able to use It After hurricane helene last year In Western. North carolina Go To rapid radios dot Com. Code Radio That's rapid radios dot com code radio to get hooked up today with the absolute best in. Catastrophic protection maybe also for your mother, In law maybe also for your, youngest kids as is happening In the. Travis Household That's rapid radios dot Com. Code radio