Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and he Armstrong and Eddy. So we kind of have some breaking news here.
Speaker 1: Trump with a social media that's a truth social thing, so whatever you call that message that he puts out. He said, after speaking with the President Shinbaum of Mexico, I have agreed that Mexico will not be required to pay tariffs on anything that falls under the USMCA agreement.
Speaker 2: Our relationship has been a very good one.
Speaker 1: We're working hard together on the border, both in terms of legal aliens and fentanyl, et cetera, et cetera. So backing off that until April second, and so Mexico has said they're gonna hold off on there. They were gonna Sunday announce their tariffs on US as part of the trade war, but so that's off and then announced overnight. I guess they had excluded cars, American cars and the three big car makers from Canada or Mexican tariffs to try to get that worked out.
Speaker 3: So it's all very fluid, yeah, and an odd way to negotiate. But I'm kind of pleased, as often with Trump chaos madness, that.
Speaker 1: It really is a I'm divorcing you. What, I'm divorcing you as of tomorrow at noon, divorcing you. And then later that day you say, if you start allowing me to park my car in the garage in your car on the.
Speaker 2: Driveway, I'll take a look at this again.
Speaker 1: Then you say, four days a week, I'll start parking my car in the driveway.
Speaker 2: Okay, the divorce is.
Speaker 3: Off exactly, and the divorce never happens generally. But again, it's an interesting technique. But how many times can you do that?
Speaker 1: I would think, like the third time you say I'm divorcing you, it's a how you just roll your eyes? I mean, because this is round two or three of deadline for tariffs. Remember the thing on Columbia, and it works. They did agreed to take their illegals back.
Speaker 3: Well, and if it's not a giant tariffs, it's threats to like confiscate your territory be it Panama or Greenland or what have you, and it ends up in a much saner place generally. Again, I'm not sure that's the greatest way to negotiate. It depends on who you're talking about. I hate the idea of and this is undeniable that this has happened, whipping up anti American sentiment in Canada. I just I don't like that idea. You know, Canada is goofy and screwed up in a couple of different ways. But they're fundamentally nice people and a good ally and we trade with them a lot, so let's be buddies anyway. Oh, we'll see how it plays out. Seeing of giant political rock stars Gavin Newsom, the governor of California.
Speaker 4: Perhaps you've heard of him.
Speaker 3: He is so hot for the presidency he has to rearrange his pants to hide his arousal.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 3: He is campaigning in half a dozen different ways every single day to be the twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Eight Democratic nominee for president.
Speaker 3: The latest incarnation of that urge is his new podcast, which is being promoted by our friends at iHeart Media. And the idea of the podcast is that he is engaging with figures on the right, including maga folks, enjoying about policy and ideas and that sort of thing. And in short, I'll cut to the punchline, coming off as a thoroughly open minded moderate governor, which is something else as he is governed to the left of Trotsky. So on the podcast the other day and we've got a clip for you, he told his guest Charlie Kirk of Turning Point USA, notable mega e right wingy thinker, speaker, guy, very very very smart.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: Don't always agree with Charlie, but he's a provocative guy in a world where you got to cut through anyway.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 3: He told Charlie Kirk that he was now against biological men and women's sports.
Speaker 4: What I know.
Speaker 3: Are slapping their foreheads. Wait, what, he's not crazy about the whole pronounce thing. He says, like everybody in government and the universities has their damn pronouns on their emails. Okay, that he doesn't like the term latenx seems phony.
Speaker 1: Well, he's right about all these things. He's just said. His new patients.
Speaker 3: Telling Charlie Kerric the whole defunding the police not good. Cancel culture now and agreed, Oh there have been problems with BLM definitely.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So the obvious comment to this I will credit to, uh Chris Nicholson. OOSA is not a big time tweeter, but he said, I kind of respect, how unapological I kind of respect how unapologetically two faced Newsome is. Here He's like, yeah, I'm a politician. I shift with the wind. What do you expect? I'm with the winners now. Yeah, yeah, that's that's what he's saying. Another comment, if they made a prototype for cynical politician trademark, they'd use him for the mold.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely true. Here he is talking to Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 6: It's like, you right now should come out and be like, you know what, the young man who's about to win the state championship in the long jump in female sports, that's that that shouldn't happen. You as the governor should step out and say no, no, And I appreciate, and but like, would you do something like that, would you say no men in female sports?
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's an issue of fairness. I completely agree with you on that. So that's easy to call out the unfairness of that. There's also a humility and a grace. You know that that these poor people are more likely to commit suicide, have anxiety and depression, and the way that people talk down tooble communities is an issue that I have a hard time with as well. So both things I can hold in my hand. How can we address this issue with the kind of decency that I think you know, it's inherent in you, but not always expressed.
Speaker 3: I used to call Gavin Newsom a lungkhead, and that was misplaced. He is very canny, very smart in his way, completely phony a moral I mean, that was just that was a red herring. How about this, I'm not going to talk down to anybody. If you're a male, you can't play in female sports.
Speaker 1: The whole trans thing of if you don't go along with all of it, they'll kill themselves, which is like a hell of a moral hostage taking things sort of game.
Speaker 2: Who came up with that? It was very clever. It worked for a long time.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, moral arguments and fear and guilt to motivate you to go along with the radical program. The interesting thing about heavy, though, is he didn't say that. He just referred to it obliquely. That's why he's so canny. He wasn't gonna make that crazy claim. He just wanted it out there. Yeah, pretty trump mask actually are yes. Yeah, these people are disturbed, and disturbed people tend to have, you know, worse outcomes. Yeah, undeniably it is. It's the talking down to vulnerable populations that.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about.
Speaker 3: We're talking about beating a crap out of women on a sports field.
Speaker 2: I was having this conversation with my kids the other day about, uh, they.
Speaker 1: Are talking about getting into me, getting into politics ever or anything like that, if I ever thought about it or whatever, and on how as far as I can tell, it's impossible to be at any very high level of politics without being phony, at a level I would never be comfortable with.
Speaker 2: I just don't think you can do it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you can be mayor of some smaller birds without compromising anything.
Speaker 2: You might be able to do that.
Speaker 1: But if you rise very high at all, you're gonna have to You're gonna have to play that game at some point.
Speaker 2: And I just I just am not built that way.
Speaker 1: And I was thinking to e Xamp I'm listening to right now the book Thirteen Days by Lawrence Wright.
Speaker 2: I really like Lawrence Wright's stuff. And it's about the.
Speaker 1: Piece of chords between Egypt, Israel, and the United States back when Carter was president. So it's sadat began and Carter and it's the Thirteen Day Summit, and I'm just into it. It's really freaking good, so good, but it went through some of the stuff Jimmy Carter had to do. Jimmy Carter ran and lost because he didn't wink and nudge to the racists in Georgia in the early seventies. Then he ran again and had a couple of phrases that were associated with I'm on your side and you know who I am, and you know why I can't say it out loud.
Speaker 4: You know the oft mentioned dog whistles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did exactly dog whistles, and he did it, and he separated himself enough from it that he couldn't be completely tagged with it. But his campaign did it, and he obviously wouldn't have allowed his cam But I thought, wow, even freaking.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Carter, and this is not a knock on him.
Speaker 1: Like I just said, you cannot rise to a high level of office without playing that game at some level.
Speaker 2: You just can't.
Speaker 1: So that's why I give some leeway to the Gavin Newsoms and Donald Trump's, Jimmy Carter's whoever who do this, because I don't think it's possible to become a senator, a governor, certainly a president without playing that.
Speaker 2: Game at some level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I agree with you.
Speaker 3: At the same time, calling them on it aggressively is how we prevent what I was about to describe, and that is, if you do that and you win, then you get to do the things that matter.
Speaker 4: As Charles Kronhammer r.
Speaker 1: Right, that's what Jimmy Carter would, I guarantee you, that's what he was thinking at the time to make himself be able to sleep at night, was the state the country. It'll be better off if I'm in charge. And Okay, so I have to do this little thing. Ultimately it will be a win.
Speaker 3: And indeed, in Jimmy Carter's case, I could see him saying, and if I can allow my campaign to blow a couple of dog whistles at the racists and I win. I can do great things to promote the health and welfare of black.
Speaker 4: Americans or black Georgians or whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, And the racists they're gonna hate that, but they're gonna help me do it.
Speaker 4: And ain't that sweet?
Speaker 3: And so again, to get to do the things that matter, you've got to put yourself on some very shaky moral ground, which you know, depending on how you handle it, might end up being a moral good. But the reason you have to call people out and criticize them for it is to make sure they don't slide too far. I'm on that moral ground and end up, you know, being just flat evil. The problem is I Havevin Newsom, since he's soulless and has no principles like Kamala Harris is, you know, and he was a pretty moderate Democrat when he came up, and some people say he would that was that's the real Gavin. Well maybe, but California is a very moderate purple state when he came up too, So he's just a wind sock.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how far you can go in politics without having any real convictions.
Speaker 1: You just figure out, okay, on this day in history, what do most people want or believe that I can get elected?
Speaker 2: Saying?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: But then the question is are you ten percent of wind sock, twenty five fifty or one hundred percent a wind sock?
Speaker 1: I don't think he can run away from his record. I don't know how he's going to answer for the homelessness and the.
Speaker 2: COVID shutdown and a whole bunch of different things.
Speaker 3: If his opponent is worth a damn, they'll hang it around his neck successfully. But the number of times the Republican Party has coughed up somebody who's not very good at making the case.
Speaker 2: He won't need to.
Speaker 1: He won't face a Republican, he'll face other Democrats. Josh Shapiro runs circle around him.
Speaker 4: Oh you think he won't wouldn't get to the general.
Speaker 2: No, no way. I think that's where his danger is. I think he's gonna get killed by.
Speaker 4: A Oh yeah, maybe maybe.
Speaker 3: But Gaffy is again, he's very very savvy, and he's very good at portraying the problems he and the Democrats have caused as something that fell out of the sky and they've had to deal with. And we're dealing with it aggressively and creatively. We're demanding the cities and counties of California take responsibility for their homeless programs and make sure they're paying off.
Speaker 4: I look really good at twisting it like that.
Speaker 1: I look around at these homeless camps and I say, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 3: Right, let's ride gav It's just utterly phony, but he's good at it.
Speaker 1: Man Trump put out a hell of a threat to Hamas. Yesterday he tweeted it out that and other stuff on the way stay here.
Speaker 4: Drum Sports News.
Speaker 3: For the first time ever in the game's history, the twenty twenty six World Cup Final will include a halftime show.
Speaker 1: Oo right now, Drake is like, oh no, that's a perfect lead in to what I was just about to talk about. So, my oldest son's birthday is tomorrow, and one of the things I'm getting him for his birthday is a I'm taking him to a concert because that's what I did for his younger brother, Henry for his birthday. So I owe Sam a concert. Henry is into classic rock. That was easy for me to do. Sam is into like your hip hop rap, and I just don't know that world, and I know he wants to see this guy Ken Carson and Playboy Carti. Anyway, Can anybody give me advice on whether or not it would be safe for me to be at Rolling Loud California in Inglewood, California.
Speaker 2: Coming up in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: It's it's a like a festival sort of thing. It's got Playboy, Cardi, Suicide Boys. Now the s on both ends is a dollar sign.
Speaker 2: Oh, wool tj.
Speaker 3: Why As always I must ask how like five eight or really.
Speaker 1: Wull Y s t Grizzly Ken Carson, thanks so much, wool Tyler Jordan something or other I can't pronounce, and others.
Speaker 2: So anyway would it be safe for me to go there?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't want to be like, you know, overly scared, middle aged white guy something.
Speaker 2: I also don't want to be an idiot.
Speaker 1: So if anybody has an idea on this, text me four one five two nine five KFTC four one five two nine five KFTC.
Speaker 4: Funny you should bring that up.
Speaker 3: I just came across this Twitter thread. It's it's, you know, naked engagement baiting, but I thought it was so interesting. Name a band or musician that does nothing for you, no matter how much other people seem to love it. I'll start, says the guy running the Twitter threat, and he posts a picture of Metallica. Hmm, I'm going to express none of my own opinions because I don't want to distract from my greater point. First response Steely Dan and led Zeppelin comment on Metallica.
Speaker 1: Sorry, recently, I've just recently become a big Steely Dan guy hated in my whole life, and I just recently have decided I like Steely Dan.
Speaker 2: Isn't that weird?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Again, I will not weigh in with any of my opinions, but other than this one, yeah, I love the Dan moving along. Sorry, but rush Bruce Springsteen. He goes into some detail, some galss sting and the police. I'll never get it. I've tried, Brother, it simply just doesn't register. Foo Fighters don't like him. Here's the definition of ma It's Tom Petty. I appreciate the Beatles' place in music history, I just can't get into them. Tried many times. Pink Floyd, the Door is grateful, dead Tea Swizzle you too, Madonna, I never got Bob Dylan, Fleetwood, Mac Oasis. They're doing less than nothing for me. On and on and on. The list of musicians anything else to There's bon Jovi, Guns n' Roses, Dreams, Theater, Green Day. The list goes on and on and on. Some of the greatest, most interesting, creative, whatever, popular musical artists in history. There's something for everyone, and if you don't like it, fine, nobody cares.
Speaker 4: I don't care. Just dig what you dig. And shut up.
Speaker 1: Some of those are surprising to me, Like I can understand how things that are more on the edge of art you might not get or not might get or not. Like I can understand lots of people not being into Bob Dylan. That makes perfectly good sense to me, even though I love Bob Dylan, But like Fleetwood, Mac just seems like not liking a ham sandwich, I mean a really good Ham sandwich.
Speaker 4: I agree. I've tried and tried, just can't get into them.
Speaker 1: But again, teach their own so far, Oh yeah, yeah, it doesn't matter. And there's plenty of music out there. If you're not digging this, there's plenty of other stuff. So Trump with a pretty forceful tweet yesterday about a deadline for Hamas.
Speaker 2: If you haven't heard this, among other things on the way, stay with.
Speaker 1: Us, Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 5: With Phase one now concluded, uncertainty around phases two and three, Israel already blocking humanitarian aid to Gaza to pressure Hamas, and now Trump comes in here with this threat to not only let all hell break loose, but to send Israel everything it needs quote.
Speaker 2: To finish the job.
Speaker 5: And indeed we have gotten a response from a Hamas spokesman who says, quote, these threats complicate matters regarding the ceasefire agreement and encourage the occupation government that means Israel not to implement the agreement. And he then goes on to urge the US administration to pressure Israel to enter the second stage as stipulated in the agreement that was indeed backed by the United States.
Speaker 1: I like the fact that anybody quote what Hamas thinks is if that is a legitimate commentary.
Speaker 3: Name the sorts of negotiations that are appropriate when you know the other side is not negotiating in good faith.
Speaker 1: So trance or is there aren't any Trump met with a bunch of hostages that had been released in the Oval Office yesterday and heard their stories, so in this and right afterwards, and I imagine he was pretty worked up emotionally having heard the stories. When he tweeted this out, Shalom Hamas means hello and goodbye. You can choose.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty good opening.
Speaker 1: Release all of the hostages now, not later, and immediately return all the dead bodies of the people you murdered, or it's over for you over in all caps only sick and twisted people keep bodies, and you are sick and twisted.
Speaker 2: Exclamation point.
Speaker 1: I'm sending Israel everything it needs to finish the job. Not a single Hamas member will be safe if you don't do as I say. I met with your former hostages, whose lives you've destroyed. This is your last warning. Exclamation point for the leadership. Now is the time to leave Gaza while you still have a chance. Also, are the people of Gaza a beautiful future awaits. But do not, but not if you hold hostages. If you do, you are dead. All caps make a smart decision. All caps, release the hostages now, or there will be hell to pay later.
Speaker 2: All Caps. It doesn't have a timeline on it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't say by tonight or Saturday, or the end of the month or whatever. Just as now, I'm reminded, and it's so simple of a piece. Who wrote it for the Free Press I can't remember, but and it was. It was very long and very detailed and went through all sorts of episodes of history.
Speaker 4: But the history of.
Speaker 3: Someone launching an unprovoked attack on a neighbor went in a time of peace and being defeated is that you lose your sovereignty, your land or both every single time through history. There's just there is no exception. How could there be an exception except Israel is supposed to now re engage and talk about a two state solution. Ha ha, He says, completely without humor.
Speaker 1: Even if there is an exception, it will be a blip and then historically forgotten. When Israel then says, Okay, that's it. I don't care what anybody says about anything. We're going to completely rid this area of all human beings.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I read another scholarly piece on how in a number of those instances and or land disputes, one side one decisively and the other lost and accepted it and adjusted to it, and their people lived happy, productive lives and the bloodshed and did the people.
Speaker 4: Of a country X.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to get into specifics because they don't want to open a can of worms, but the people of country X, who were defeated and lost some lander, sovereignty or whatever, went on to have a much much, much better faith than the people in Gaza.
Speaker 1: So Mark Alpern in his newsletter today to Trump's aggressive threat, and I'm not using threat perjorada. I think it was a threat, he said, a lot of people will say Trump blusters about the Middle East all the time.
Speaker 2: Watch closely. This time could be different, and for real.
Speaker 1: I think he's got to follow through or allow Israel to follow through at this point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he made a similar vow several weeks ago. A few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was.
Speaker 1: They had interrupted the peace process Hamas had. He said, all the hostages need to come back. Israel re engaged with the peace process as laid out in the agreement, with the number of hostages and everything like that. So I think that gave him a pat But yeah, I don't think there are any caveats in this one.
Speaker 3: No, this would be you very much like Obama's red line that you can play hopscotch.
Speaker 1: Yes, you'd like yes, Yeah, that would be a problem anyway. So we'll see how this turns out.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I got a interesting text from a friend of mine. It's something their kid is being taught in school. Oh boy, this is from their work book at school. I meant to ask what class is this because it kind of matters. Uh, it says, why does my first grader need to know the word negro?
Speaker 2: That is what they said.
Speaker 1: But so the there's one page from the workbook with a picture of baseball team from the Negro Leagues, and it says the Monarchs were a team in the Negro League. Underline the phrase that shows the events are told in a onological time order. And then the next page it says most baseball fans cheered for Robinson, some booed they did not like having an African American player in the league.
Speaker 2: And then it gets into Negro and what bood means.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it's, oh, it's vocabulary, so it's a reading thing. Isn't this the definition of dei? So you've got that's what dei is. You got a class where you're trying to teach a kid to read, and you put in all this stuff about the Negro Leagues and how there are so many racists that they booed Jackie Robbinson be baseball player. Okay, maybe you need that in your social studies class or history class at some point when you're older. But first grader's reading, No, this is not looking in every class. This is not the easiest best way to teach a first grader to.
Speaker 3: Read microbiology, algebra, astronomy, or get in every class, indoctrinate constantly.
Speaker 1: That America is a bad country and racist, and yeah, right right crazyh yeah, yeah, it is crezy.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's ugly and insidious. It's entirely intentional. On the one hand, the activists, and then it's a bunch of softtheads who who think they're doing the right thing. They've been persuaded by the moral arguments, not knowing that they're being used as tools by Marxists.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: All we can do is keep spreading the word and empower y'all to fight against it when you find it.
Speaker 4: Because they're wrong.
Speaker 3: They're wrong morally, they're wrong historically, that they're just, and they're certainly wrong educationally.
Speaker 4: There's no arguing with that. Oh that reminds me.
Speaker 3: There is a story whereas that ah Minnesota state employees are taught at their various indoctrinations sessions that they are swimming in the waters of white supremacy and that the Republican Party quote is overtly and boldly claiming a white supremacy autocratic agenda. A training document shows Minnesota Management and Budget Department utilized a thirty two page document.
Speaker 4: What does this have to do with managing and budget.
Speaker 3: White supremacy culture are still here is the title and its management training last year, according to Elphinus, and the department describes its employees as stores of the state's financial and human resources. According to the training document, the power elite in the American colonies constructed white supremacy to intersect with support, reinforce, and reproduce capitalism and various forms of oppression and to quote, commodify and dehumanize all living things in the name of power and profit for a few at the expense of many. I've got that tattoo on my chest. Let's commodify and dehumanize all living things in the name of power and profit for a few at the expense of many, It says, beautiful script, but they misspelled dehumanize.
Speaker 4: It says dehumanize, and so it's a little embarrassing. I keep me shired on anyway.
Speaker 3: White supremacy, it says, quote, is a project of psychic conditioning and toxic belonging that not only colonizes minds and bodies, but also the land and the water, and the sky and the air we breathe. We are all swimming in the waters of white supremacy culture. Wow, this is you know, what's interesting is the sort of rhetoric that flies in the on the left, because generally speaking, people of the left are a little more dreamy and poety, and people of.
Speaker 2: The right are a little more do the math.
Speaker 3: But white supremacy is a project of psychic conditioning and toxic belonging that not only colonizes minds and bodies, but also the land and the water and the sky and the air we breathe. This construction of white supremacy is alive and well. For just one example, we're all living through a period where the US Republican Party is overtly and boldly claiming a white supremacy autocratic agenda. Oh, they go through the list of things that are clearly white supremacy. It's the usual suspects, the pursuit of perfection, the value of objectivity and rationality over the emotional. So my little screen there was that was overt white supremacy saying, let's do the math and understand precisely what we're doing and be realized since.
Speaker 2: This seems so racist to me.
Speaker 1: This is one of those It's like that comedian we play where the clansmen and the woke person agree because it seems to me that a klansman would say, shone up on time caring about facts, that's white people's stuff.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, you're absolutely right and racist and woke. Meet. Let's see. So these are things that are white supremacy. Pursuit of perfection, value of objectivity and rationality over the emotional, the belief that progress is measured by being bigger and having more.
Speaker 4: I don't necessarily think that.
Speaker 3: White supremacy, she wrote, worships the word, including writing that is grammatically correct and properly cited, and it also celebrates individus. Is that.
Speaker 1: Only white people can write grammatically correctly.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what a racist thing to say.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, these people are flaming racists.
Speaker 3: Oh. White supremacy also celebrates individualism, which for white people means seeing yourself and or demanding to be seen as an individual and not part of the white group. That's right, individual rights, individual identity, not running around like a sheep and a herd. That's white supremacy. See this, it's so obvious what they're doing if you know anything about you know, propaganda and the politics of persuasion and trying to get people to obey your worldview or your philosophy. It's so obvious what they're doing. I mean, you can see the seams.
Speaker 1: You know, back to the Negro League baseball stuff for first grade reading projects. I mentioned this Nietzsche quote came across the other day that I've been fascinated with. I need to dig into it more find the actual quote. But he was a Nietzsche's kind of a half a nut anyway, But he was saying, it's very important for countries to be able to forget certain things and remember certain things. And it was the idea of, you know, letting go of your flaws and not you know, letting that drag you down and recognizing you moved past it. Now let's focus on the good things that make us, you know, prosperous and successful. And that makes perfect sense to me. And I don't know how you nail that down exactly, because you know, critics of that idea would say you're trying to whitewash the past or ignore your flaws or whatever. But I keep li likening it to like an individual relationship or a company or something like that. What are we going to hammer every single night that one time we fought over how I insulted your mom. We're going to bring that up every night. How does that benefit us if we've you know, got and pasted it and I've apologized or whatever, or the greatest metaphor ever invented for life, the Great game of golf.
Speaker 3: I played with a guy the other day, nice fella too, but he was kicking himself three holes later.
Speaker 4: This like an hour for a putty miss.
Speaker 2: We're on the knights hole.
Speaker 3: He's kicking a hell out of himself for a putty miss. On six, I'm like, dude, you are You're so self defeating. This is terrible. And yeah, as a country, you've got to say, you know what, we screwed up. We're not going to do that again and move on. Maybe right the wrong if it needs to be righted. But yeah, yeah, but again, perfect example of you know what, I was driving it. These people know that obsessing over the sins of history is a way to get to pride people away from pride in their country and their people and their principles and who they are. And once they are pride away from their history and their identity, you can control them.
Speaker 4: That's Marxism.
Speaker 3: They wrote books on this and sign their names they're on the spine. This is not my wild idea. Trust them, they meant it. We'll finish strong next strong.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 8: According to the Wall Street Journal, the President could sign that executive order as early as today, directing Education Secretary Linda McMahon to quote take all necessary steps to facilitate the closure of the Education Department based on the maximum extent appropriate and permitted by law. It's something the President has been angling for since his first days in office.
Speaker 1: I opened the show by saying, I wish we were having a giant national conversation about the necessity for role of public schooling in the United States, but we're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would love to go that big on it. At least let's talk about the federal government's role in it. And we're going to go big on this tomorrow, especially after we see what happens today, whether Trump signs anything or what.
Speaker 1: An executive order doing away with the Department of Education, which he doesn't have the power to do.
Speaker 3: But the way that was worded to shut it down to whatever extent is permissible by law, and that idea and principle I absolutely love. All Right, We're gonna scale every department back to the specific statutory set of duties it's supposed to do and then go from there.
Speaker 4: It's like zero based budgeting.
Speaker 1: So I saw on Fox and Friends this morning. I guess there's some unhappiness about the idea on the right. For instance, if you had schools teaching the sixteen nineteen project, you'd have no federal authority to go in there and do anything about it.
Speaker 3: How do you root out the DEI stuff? Yeah, exactly, it's an issue.
Speaker 4: Final thought.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'd lean toward having those communists enclaves teach the kids the way they want and just assuming that there aren't that many of them.
Speaker 3: Hello, U haul, except that every school in America practically is a deep blue radical little you know, chunk of ground.
Speaker 4: In your town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at this point, at least, now.
Speaker 4: Here's final thoughts with me.
Speaker 2: Your host just got a final thought from everybody at that.
Speaker 4: Sir, right, you're sick.
Speaker 2: You're sick.
Speaker 4: He's get a final thought from everybody. Mike Lad's little lad us off just a.
Speaker 9: Row simpot one. All morning, I was kind of worried about my eyes. I just had eye surgery, and I kept seeing spots and you know what appeared to be dinge in my vision. It turns out my glasses were just dirty.
Speaker 4: I just had to clean them.
Speaker 2: I getting seen beautifully. That's funny.
Speaker 3: Well, and I dropped acid in your diet coke too, Katie Green are esteemed news woman.
Speaker 4: As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 1: I need to get a new pillow, cause this is the second time in a month where.
Speaker 2: I've woken up and my neck is just I can't even turn my head.
Speaker 1: Good life, and let me know where it direction go. I've been battling. Here will be my final thought. I've been battling the sleep thing for a while. The right pillow, the right pillow case, the right mattress, the right.
Speaker 2: Sleeping position, all these things.
Speaker 1: I've gone through a bunch of kind of expensive pillows, trying to my kids swear by the cube. But I'm not a side sleeper. But if you're a side sleeper, it's so awesome, are you?
Speaker 2: I do at the cube? You gotta get the cube.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't have the cue. I'm a side sleeper. I'll try the cube. You gonna make a note the cue. See you be e there it is. Here's how you tell us a part. Jack and Joe, do we not have time. We don't have time for this.
Speaker 2: Oh I want to hear it too.
Speaker 3: No, no, you will not hear it because you hogged all the time. Are your rambling final thoughts? Now I get nothing, short end of the stick, hind teeth. I won't stand for it tomorrow. I'm hogging all the time, hind teet. Armstrong and Giddy, wrapping up another grueling four hour workday. So many people will say, so little time go to Armstrong a giddy dot com Many pleasures await God, bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getcha. Our message is clear. To continue to speak lies to his truth.
Speaker 4: I was wondering you know what you felt about that?
Speaker 2: It makes no sense?
Speaker 4: Are you sure?
Speaker 7: Says yes, So let's go with it.
Speaker 3: It comes to trade though. China's like a pig with an enormously long tongue. I mean, really, if you think about it, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Are strong and getdy