Speaker 1: The Black Fat Fem Podcast is a production of iHeartRadio and Doctor John Paul LLC.
Speaker 2: Hey, everyone, welcome to another episode of the Black duns And Podcast, where all the intersections of identity on celebrates ed. I am one of your hosts, Doctor John Paul. Uh, you all know, I'm John Chaw. Y'all come here every goddamn week, and I am happy to have my fat ass back in my office chair in the state of California. I was in New York City for one week, and I don't know how y'all live like that. I don't, I really, I really don't. My Lord, my God, the concrete jungle, red cream to made us. I just I don't know how y'all live like that. The sirens, the honking, the rats, and y'all.
Speaker 1: Just be moving through it. Y'all just be pushing through.
Speaker 2: And you know, shout out to my dolls who lived there, your friends of the show, my my new new so known as Darrell. You know, there's a couple of other folks that live out there that I love, my friend Brandon, but that that ain't for me. That that'll never be my journey. It's gonna take a lot of money to get me to move to New York. But I just wanted to say that. I just I got home yesterday after some after fighting to get home.
Speaker 1: I fought for my life to get home, y'all.
Speaker 2: Missed my plane on missed my plane, had to spend the night in Minneapolis with Prince, and then it had to turn around and fly out, and then almost missed my flight again. Delta, Delta was on something this week. I don't know what's going on with these planes, but Delta is definitely she's She's moving into the lane of not being as dependable as as she once was. And so yeah, mother, mother, Mother made it home by the seat of her pants. But anyway, how are you, Jojo? How you dealing it?
Speaker 3: I just want to say the you know, the rats in New York City are a different breed like we like. I don't know what they put in them sewers, but them rats out here looking like shutter.
Speaker 1: Yess who oh not sure.
Speaker 3: Matt Master's splinter I think is the one. Yes comics, y'all, fam it's your aka Joe, the other girl in this co hosting duo, and I am wondering what are the twenty four hours has in a day, yes, And are they the same hours that we all have? That's wondering because I do not think I have the same allotment sister, Like, I don't know what she does or what magic crystal she has for the multiverse, but I know how the same pier she has. And it's rough, girl. I've been through, yeah, through, I just I can't believe it anymore.
Speaker 1: I believe it, you know.
Speaker 2: So I think the twenty four hours she has is called assistants. She has money and I You have money, and you have people you can like offload stuff too. It makes it a lot easier for you to be able to say, Okay, I'm gonna get this thing done. I'm gonna focus on X, Y and Z.
Speaker 1: You can.
Speaker 2: You can really afford to just be a creative because you're not having to worry about your website, You're not having to worry about responding to emails. You don't really have to do any of that. You have people doing it for you. Right. So that's that's the reason why our twenty four hours don't look like her twenty four hours because.
Speaker 3: I feel like forty eight but they but they really are only sixteen. Like what happens too. Okay, Well, yeah, tell y'all, this episode is going to be all about our favorite thing that we love to hate on and hate to love. Drag Race is the finale is this week? So and are still here? Segment I'm gonna ask you, John, why is drag so special to you? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, you know.
Speaker 3: I never talk about our first time scene drag before, but we never really got into what makes drag so important and special to us first?
Speaker 2: And then I'll share Yes, come a girl, why yo face look like Chuck?
Speaker 3: Get ready two o'clock?
Speaker 1: Yes, get ready to clock? It was get ready to clock?
Speaker 2: Yes, you know, so I will you know as as you've heard me say and I will continue to say, all roads lead to drag Race. And I am happy we're doing this episode because we've won it. We've we've dabbled in drag Race, but we've never really devoted a whole episode to drag and so I think it's gonna be really exciting to be able to kind of just get into that for this episode. So I hope y'all buggling your seatbelt, y'all, get y'all get ready for some drag Race fun. What I will say for me all the things I love about Drag, I specifically love old Drag. And what I mean by that is there is a vast difference between Drag Race seasons one through four versus the current stuff that we're seeing on the show now. And it's not to say that that the new Drag is not valuable or important, right. I want to make that very clear because I think oftentimes when I talk about this in public or in spaces with mixed company, people think I'm trying to shade the new girls. That's not what I'm trying to do. What I am saying is is that I feel like drag has evolved, and yeay, it has. I'm glad it has. But what I think when I think about Drag, I think that there's a specific energy the girls had in the earlier years of drag versus the newer years of drag. Right, the older years of drag, folks were very much devoted to the creativity, and they were very much in this notion of I want the world to know that I am a creative Right, Whereas it feels like a lot of the dolls jump into drag now because it's the thing to do. Right, we have Drag Race we have all these iterations of drag race, and so I'm wanting to make sure that I make it very clear I'm not trying to shit on the new girls.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is old.
Speaker 2: Drag for me is where the queens could make an entire look out of two dollars and a stick of gum and they made it work like they've worked that two dollars that they had in their pocket, and they gave performance. They would come to the stage, they would performed the house down, boots, wig in hand, make makeup not always right, you could always, but they but they kind of paint it for the people in the back. And then they would just turn around and they would just give you such a good show. You leave there feeling so full. And I just don't know.
Speaker 1: And maybe it's because I haven't mental drag show in a while, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: If the dolls give that kind of drag now, it's very there's this very subset of drag girls who do. And so I'm a believer of like when drag is done right, that's what makes me go, oh my god, this is so special, right, I think about like laterrece Rau's Natural Woman performance, dieter Riz singing this.
Speaker 1: Will be when she hit or even thinking about what what? What's the one? Who? Uh, I'm not joking, bitch, Coco mont Trees.
Speaker 2: When she put her hand up to her to her face and she she said, all the words in that poll up duel song. That's that's that's the drag I come here for. That's what I want. So yes, that that's some good drag to me.
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: Says you know, I think you can make a good point about the old dragon because back then, like like they didn't paint, like, they didn't paint. I think now when the girl's painting, they paint to like be pat to like they paint to pass right right and like bat then right like like the paint that they're giving all drags that the paint you would say, like divine do in like you know in like in like in like John Watterson movies, like I mean, yeah, so much that she was obviously made to be more like Carrier sure, but like but butly like like you saw the elements what drag was right like like it was high, it was high eigh brac you had you had the extra highlight on your face. You made sure that you you know, the like the there was so much focus on like being blended the way, but it is now right now people want to have like like like the beat mug and the mug is right and I love that, but also like girl, like it's becoming too pretty into polished. And I love your response so much because I always sad about first man, I saw Dragon and obviously, as people know, I'd showed this before, but Georgia Alana was the first person that I saw and the first time I went to a to an eighteen plus club four queer nights, and it was amazing and to me, like as a baby gate, it was so magical, magicular sea performance like this because and for it to be so queer, right, I remember she's saying oops did again by Britney Spears, and I think it was the first time they got to see that like it was okay to be this, It was okay to be fam it was okay to be queer, it was okay to perform like this, not even just okay, but it was like revered and not revered the way I stay right because today like everyone knows drag race right, but like right, but like back then it was it was like revered because it was kintercultural and I lived and as I appreciate so much that we've moved the needle on acceptance. Right, there's sometimes a probab of me is like this was hours and now it's like no longer just hours, and that makes the haut for me, right, you know. And then like you know, I've been about like what's what's so special to me? I took that and at my community college, I planned our first ever draft show on campus and it's sixty plus year of a campus and it was a smash success for three years and it ran and I remember, I remember we had we had did one like local queen come perform like a professional. And she actually told me that she went to she went to that she went to the same school and she said she was like I was here a decade ago and I tried my hardest to do a draft ship with the administration not let me do it, and so like amazing, like like aticular literation. She used to come back and perform at that school. You know, Drag was community, drag was unity. Drag was a celebration and it still is all those things to me. You know, drag and drag culture is the one of the backbones of queer communities and from you. For years, it took the most courage to perform trag and it still does some ways, but especially like rural areas, but like it's much more embraced, say than before, right, like you know, like now we're seeing, we're seeing like straight men try drag just like try it and no one understands. Rather, without drag literally would not be here. We would not be still here without without drag and the queens that came before us. Yes, to me, it's important and special because like drag gave me the blueprint to be who I who I am today in all the most powerful ways.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I would often I would, I would, I would say I would like to uplift the idea too, that drag has been the thing that has helped a lot of trans women figure out who they are, figure out their aesthetic, figure out the way that they you know, it really has given them the space to really understand.
Speaker 3: Often like the dragon is often the runway, like yeah intended right, Like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Trans non binary people have really figured themselves out through dragon. So I definitely think it's important for us to give snaps to that, and I would I would say, I agree to so much of what you said in regards to this notion of how it's not ours. And again I I kind of I love, I do like the idea that we've invited people in, but I also, you know, I'm still big on this notion of challenging people to think about why they like drag versus just this idea of saying I like drag because it's fun.
Speaker 1: No, like what what else?
Speaker 2: Because drag started out as a moment.
Speaker 3: For queer people to push protest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a protest, yeah, And so really thinking about that, right, like not just being a part of the culture, but really like you know, thinking about what is it about drag that has helped me really understand who I am and really understand the importance of like there is no and I have to keep saying this, there is no queer community without drag, period. So really understanding that that that part. And so I'm so glad that you asks this question. So, now that we have thrown out all the dollars that we have, we are going to take a break, and when we come back, we're going to get into this week's category more in to say, all right, y'all and we are black and to kick off our main segment, our category is this week, let's set some grounding for where the show is at now. Now you've been keeping up with this season the drag race, right, okay? And I hope that we don't give no spoilers away, but will what I will do for folks is I will put a marker in here for folks when I when I upload the show and let folks know that we are going to be talking drag race.
Speaker 1: So if you haven't been.
Speaker 2: Keeping up and you don't want to get it spoiled, you just fast forward, y'all.
Speaker 3: If you if you haven't watched this this the best some of the supposte comes out will be finale week, which means you wave past the lip single Lolla perusa. If you haven't watched by then you know the top fourst girl that's on you, that's on them.
Speaker 1: Okay, points were made. I was still putting the point.
Speaker 2: I will still put the we're not getting mailed for talking about Jesus, why you spoiled the show for us? So I did want to ask you, what do you think of the top four.
Speaker 1: Whose team are you on? I have my.
Speaker 2: Thoughts, but I would love to know yours, and then we'll go ahead and scurry on out.
Speaker 3: Okay, first of all, sorry, Love, my nails look so cunty, bitch. I'm just like, I'm gud. Then you ate this up? She is have done when last night?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why they look I got yeah, my I gotta go get mine done.
Speaker 1: Probably in about a week. They got about another week a.
Speaker 3: Week, it's like and then like by by by by by week three this and they started keep becoming at clipingers like girl you.
Speaker 1: Got go ouch.
Speaker 3: Okay, So talk four, I will say is mostly people that I thought would be here. Say for Susie two, I'm not gonna lie, I'm still a bit shocked that she's not in the top four, but like, but I also think, like I think she is so unique, Like she is unique, but she.
Speaker 1: Isn't unique kind of unique.
Speaker 3: She's got the kind of unique that like the show wants, you know, unique as well to right love?
Speaker 1: Can I answert a loving pause here?
Speaker 2: Susie could have been in the top four, yes, but she was very full of herself and kept thinking that she didn't need the notes that people were trying to give her, and the big note that Ruin Michelle kept giving her all season was what change the makeup? Turned around?
Speaker 3: Me turn it around.
Speaker 2: The big note this season was stop doing that. We're done with the twenties. Okay, the Flopper era makeup. You you did that for eight weeks. Stop give us something else. And so when Michelle tells you to change it up and you come out again with that same makeup, it's time for you to go home.
Speaker 3: So also, like when Michelle tells you anything, listen to Michelle like like she like she is the one. Like she is, she's the She's like the pre entry, the prerequisite for Rude to give, like for to give you back. If she tells you make the change, she knows what Rue wants. I know you're so right because when Michelle locked her and was like I love that, Susie. You know, feel that this is what you're going to perform. But when she would leave the form, I was like, girl, okay, say the girls. Okay, that's so fair. You're right, You're right now. Anya. I knew Anya would be here. I think she she's just so dynamic. Actually think she's a full package, and I don't I will say I don't think she's the most polished, but I think she is a whole package because she doesn't try to be perfect, right, like Rue actually hates that people don't think of the Rue actually hates like perfection, which is why I Sam Starr won't win because she's fantastic, She's stunning, she's like nudictively, she's an amazing queens. But she's so perfect and I think, like, yes, Sam stars like let down her, let down her, like her like warbick and but like but but like Anya came in like I'm gonna act up and out to fool And I think that's the most really really great you know. And I think and she I don't think like Sam doesn't get doesn't get stupid the way that Rue value. Yeah, LEXI, I love her so much and I think she is incredible and I think she is a like supreme case of saboteur, Like yeah, she like I think like she really could and there are times where there are times where I like she. I I know why she didn't win as many challenges because she was just like almost there right right, And I and you and and I do think I do think maybe they had her to a to a higher standard. And and and I will I will like, I will like think about that as like, especially especially with her being a trans queen. Like, but she helped to hire her than than than the other girls.
Speaker 1: You're asking some good questions, you know.
Speaker 3: And I was like, understand where her sebatory comes from, right obviously to you. And I'm like, girl, like you are dying, like you will. She like kept putting herself against Susie, and I'm like, you two are not the same.
Speaker 2: We're gonna keep it a buck. Lexi, in my opinion, is better than Susie.
Speaker 1: I mean, am I wrong? Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is the thing I'm gonna say this, and and and this might be a hot take. I can almost ignore the fact that a queen is not quote unquote polished if they have a good personality. Yes, And I feel like Susie did not give me this notion of look past here because all of this is so much more fun.
Speaker 1: That's what made me fall in love with Simone.
Speaker 2: Let's be real here, right, Simone kind of had the same look and aesthetic from the top to the bottom of her season.
Speaker 1: Let's let's keep it a buck right, there weren't. There was not that much versatility.
Speaker 2: However, Simone had the it factor and that was the thing that won the season for her, and so I will say the same thing if Lexi was to win. It is my opinion that I believe that Lexi does have an IT factor. She's likable, she's fun to be around, she can turn a room. She I don't know has she has. She been in the bottom.
Speaker 3: Yet I think I think she lives saying for the win, So I actually don't actually don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either way, either way, I'm in the mind.
Speaker 3: Yet she does. I agree she has the IT factor, but her only thing is that she tends her way too much. Because she has done that, it would have been in like a skyrocker for her, and then she like really sad. And I also I hated the o' clocker is so old because I she's thirty two years old. Okay, the old, the old drag race. These girls were out here in their forties.
Speaker 1: Do not say fifties.
Speaker 3: Thirty two is too old, right? You had chubble heids out here until I had mess of Queen messively for many reasons, Okay, same but like was out here in her fifty fifties, you're not saying this, miss girls old. Now speaking of the thing of the factor, I will say jewels I love hands down. I would not be when, I would not be mad if she won. I was, I am. I was surprised to see her it so far, but now that I've seen her, I like.
Speaker 1: She To me, she is a whole Podcason.
Speaker 3: I do think she lacks like a wee, like a small bit of uniqueness, like for the like for the for the first half, I was like, she's Georgia's too, and okay, and she is like she pinks better, she she's like, she's funny, like she is funny as fuck. She's sure, she's like so shuit herself, like I think she is amazing. But I do think like like Anya just has like sothing like like Anya, like Anya's in factory is just a different in factor unless it's in factor is a different doctor Sam's in fact, they all they all have their own in factor. I think I'm the most drawn to Anya's and jewels, but jewels, I'm like, but I'm not mad she wins.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I no, no, no to your point too, And this is something that I've talked a lot about in various different spaces, both on the mic and off. Could Anya be a quote unquote heavily polished queen if she had the money? And I think that's something that we also have to talk about to right, Like, Anya has made it very clear that drag is not her nine to five that she has other that she has another job outside of doing drag, And so my question becomes, if Anya was given the capital to be able to buy in turn the the way that she wants to turn it, could she be that it girl per Cerve. And that's that's the thought that I have after last week's episode. What I will say is is, too, I also find that people tend to critique black queens way more and we talked we talked about this in our show, and we've talked about it forever in the day, black queens get critiqued harder than the other white queens, right And not to say that this is the case for Anya, I don't want to put that out there, But what I'm saying is is that it's interesting to me that you're not the first. And I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm not saying that anybody is wrong by critiquing Anya. But my question becomes, if Sam Starr have the same energy as Anya? Do you get where I'm going with this, right, Like with I don't know, I don't know what point I'm trying to make, but I'm just trying to say, like, sometimes I feel like black queens get critiqued harder for they're not polished enough. When I'm going, you're just kind of mad that a lot of like like is Anya.
Speaker 1: A bad queen?
Speaker 3: No, I don't know, I hear, I hear what you're saying. I think like for me, the Polish, the Polish is that like we come to expect a level of like of like blending and like like like the difference in make up between her and the other queens to me is a little bit different. Yea, and but but to your but to your point, right, it also could be like the other girls are depending on lighter slash wider faces and that's and that is more makeup is like a may skin. To really interesting point, like, I I only I only mean Polish in terms of makeup, not in terms of like but I told but I think you're abviously round like people will look at a black queen and say she's not as polished as a queen in general, and like right like they'll say, oh, she's not as like funny or exciting, and I'm like no, but they actually know that they actually are actually Anya.
Speaker 2: Like I like, I have yet to see Anya do a challenge where I have not laughed yes, entire challenge or have.
Speaker 3: Been like a trance by her like everything she does, like like like like when she said that that jazz song she did a yeah, she when she cut up as as Dorothy and the whiz a Like you can't tell me that she has that she hasn't like deserved every win.
Speaker 1: She's incredible, just talented.
Speaker 3: She just talented like she like like like like o the you know other Chrismini is different talent, talent, She has nerve, the talent, the charisma, and the neatness. She has all the above and she especially has the talent and especially has the nerve. The nerve for sure.
Speaker 1: Ye oh god, So I so I.
Speaker 3: Want to ask you because this isn't we saw like a few things that were different, and I every season, I always like what would be different? What would not be different? There's a few seasons where it's like very formulaic, and so I'm curious, as she like, what components of drag Race do you think work well? Still? What components do you what components do you think that you wish that they should do again, or.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, cut, yeah, so I love the I will say this, for me, my favorite will always be the comedy challenges. I think anytime they do a comedy challenge, whether it's the roast, whether it's them having to like sell their own product, whether it's them having to be like there were a couple of like hit or misses this season for me, but anytime they were doing something related to having to rely on the comedy and the comedic timing of each of the queens, I was literally I was in the show.
Speaker 1: I was in it.
Speaker 2: I am a big proponent of I've known they've they've dropped this and older seats, I say older seasons, but in seasons like I think it was like season ten. I noticed a shift from the notion of them having to know how to sew, and I see them going back to it, but they're still not doing it as much as they were doing it in the first few seasons. The first few seasons, it kind of felt like every challenge in some capacity had an element of you have to sew your own look for you to be able to walk the runway. Even if you had a challenge in that challenge, you didn't come to the challenge without, you know, taking a moment to go, oh, we're doing this thing tonight and I have to make something for this look and then have to turn around and do this. And again, maybe it is a production thing. I don't work on the World of Wonder. I've never worked I don't know anyone who works with World of Wonder. I don't know what production looks like from that. So maybe that's why they've probably pulled back on the sewing challenges. But I definitely have always been that girl that's been like, I need my queens to know how to sew, or at least know how to give the illusion that they know how to sew. And then also like I just think that I don't know, I just I wish that there were more. And again, I don't know where this falls. I don't know where this show's up in the show, but I just wish we had more time to get to know the queens. I feel like in the years past. Like I don't wanna say get to know, I just I will say this. When Fifi O'Hara was on the show, I knew that she was an asshole. And it wasn't that it was just what she was saying and doing. It was like we knew there were there were like the camera was intentional about building a story around her. I don't know if any of the queens are getting that anymore. Like I don't feel like there's you know what I mean, Like I don't really know who these queens are when the show is done, even though there they've been with us for this amount of time, right, I still don't know.
Speaker 3: We're gonna trauma so quickly. Like there's one Yeah, there was one episode. I was like episode three or four of this season and I was like, girl, we went from like kicking to like literally like three girls are having trauma dumps and I'm like, this is not this is not breaking for me, girl, Like yeah, before you just like talk about your horrible experience of life, right, I was just.
Speaker 1: Like, gooped, You're like, okay, I just might came in here, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, I think that point it also it also like doesn't pay off like for the queen or that part the show, right, Like this doesn't pay off. I'm not saying like I'm not trying to say that like the that like like like like you're like like you have to earn the trauma. That what I'm saying. But but in terms like storytelling, right, there is a payoff in storytelling, and yeah, that has not paid off in the way it has in like other seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, you're You're one hundred and ten percent correct in that and saying that, And that's I think that's the biggest critique that I would give is that I don't know. And again, and like I said, I think it might be because there are too many moving pieces of the puzzle when we're thinking about what this show is and what the show has become, that we don't get a chance to know the queens.
Speaker 1: But I just I feel like I don't.
Speaker 2: I'll be like I said, I some of them, I don't even know their names, and then I'll know that they'll they'll be gone and someone will reference them and I have no clue who they are, Like I'm like.
Speaker 1: Who who?
Speaker 2: Like someone mentioned someone recently and they were like, how did you feel about when so and so went home? And I was like, who, Like, I don't, I don't know, Like I only know really at this point, I only really know the top four and I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: And then maybe, and like.
Speaker 2: I said, it could be that there's too many queens. It could be there's too many episodes. Maybe they're doing too much in the episodes. But I just wish that we went back to a day where I really felt like I knew the Queens when the show was done.
Speaker 1: So what about you left?
Speaker 3: Also bingmck untucked untucked in fact original, I am mad. Also like now they sell it as a separate girl. Yeah my part, you were paying enough, calm down, right. I also I miss the challenges or the Queens would be in the streets of Hollywood, like bring back them in the holloway like because that because back then that ship was dangerous for them. Yeah listen, yes, very today people would love the Queens and like, I want to see the Queen's out in the streets doing some wild ship. Yeah I think. Yeah, I love I you know, I love I love the I love the uh the uh. I agree with you, like a Queen's no how so like a queen's house. If you're girl, what are you doing here? Why is you here? Every every season I'm like you, this show has been on for thirty thousand years, has twenty and has fifty eleven seasons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, across the world.
Speaker 3: You need to know how at the very least girl, so a scene like you've got to do a scene girl the top the three things that I say every season, And if you are a fan, if you listen to our show and.
Speaker 2: You are thinking about going on drag Race, doctor Higgins is telling you these three things you need to know how to do.
Speaker 1: You need to take a comedy.
Speaker 2: You need to take some type of improv comedy something or another. You've got to know how to improv. You've got to learn how to sew. And you've got to learn how to walk. A lot of these girls cannot walk. They're cute, but they can't walk in them hills.
Speaker 3: And that's.
Speaker 1: That too.
Speaker 2: So I have a question for you now that we don't questions back and forth. I guess if if you were on drag Race thinking about us, we're gonna put ourselves into the ring. Since we spent the whole pretty much all of this segment talking shit about the other girls. If you were to put yourself on drag Race, where do you think you'd place. I'm not gonna have a hold you. I am sure I'd probably go home first because I don't have too much ship slide and and and.
Speaker 1: Then you know how they have to vote now vot you have to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got that whole voting system now with the which to anybody, if there is someone who listens to this show from World World of Wonder, I want one of them little lipsticks that say doctor John Paul. Somebody is also please do yes, yes, get us some lipstick. Is that Mabeline Anastocea Beverly here? Somebody please get us a lipstick.
Speaker 1: With our name on it. We need we we need that, we need that.
Speaker 2: But yes, I would definitely go home because they vote my big ass out.
Speaker 3: Okay, I for sure think I make top six. I would not be taught for Yeah, I wouldn't unfortunate any one of those girls who doesn't who does not know how so? But and don't come from me, y'all. If I knew something, if I knew that I was on drag Race, I had learned I get class I at least know her to use the machine, which I do. Okay, so I will not come out I'm not coming not knowing nothing. But also I know how is the garment which I can sell A piece? I can sell peace girl, I can sell the cloth. Really, yes, I am full. I think I am full of charisma. You need this nerve and talent.
Speaker 2: Far you go far, would say, because you're very likable, I will say to thank you like it's not I'm not even not even waxing your car, Like you just have such a beautiful and joyful energy to be around. And I'm sure that that would exude through all of the stuff. But like I said, I don't let none of them girls slide, and they be really quick to vote.
Speaker 3: And my confessionals, people with people would efessionals, they be like, girl, this bitch is crazy and confessionals. Yeah, but I do think snatch came with me would be my downfall.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I partially think maybe maybe I can do gener Coolidge. Maybe, but like I really don't have like I do great characters, feels of like building an character, Yeah, I do not. I do not do. I'm not an impression of type of girl. That's just not for me. Sash game happens, she's gone.
Speaker 2: Not you being like soon this snatch game happens, You're like, well, let me pack this shit up because it's time to go.
Speaker 3: Came. No, No, I won't. I can't even do it. I won't survive. I won't survive.
Speaker 1: No, I think I'm gonna get that all. That's actually that's it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So okay, So my last question for you is, so we discussed our favorite queens from this season. Yes, what are your favorite seasons and the queen and queens from those seasons or queens in general.
Speaker 2: Okay, So for for me, I'm gonna say, of course, season four, uh, person who wrote with the Ford of my book, Why wouldn't I say Literes Royale. I would also say season thirteen, uh, Simone from out the Gate as soon as she hit that stage, because you know, that was a season where they had them like they battled against each other in order for them to make it in, and so that was the seasons. Soon as I saw her before myself, she's gonna win. I would also say an honorable mention, not just because they're my friend, but because they know that I'm I'm like one of their biggest fans. Mayhem Miller always gonna always be Mayhem is gonna always be one of my favorite queens.
Speaker 1: So what about you?
Speaker 3: I think definitely a six one because especially it's my heart for her queer wakening for me in some ways.
Speaker 2: She not to cut you off, but when she looked at the camera, she says, I don't want to be here.
Speaker 3: She said, I think I don't belong here. I don't belong here. Again, build a story and she earned that payoff. Yeah, I'm a sadis fuck about it? I was, Yeah, right, you have Michelle coming out here, but like, baby, what's wrong?
Speaker 1: She's like, baby, baby, what's pro?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not good for this and that and that and then and listen, and I think to that moment Michelle said I had to be queens. I am putting their lives and she was and I and I lived, but she was with them lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michelle was real mean to the dolls and the earlier me to them show.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Season six six, one of my favorite seasons ever is when people ask me what season start watching, I'm like season six and season four those the best one.
Speaker 1: Season six is with what's her name?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Whom again? Also fantastic. Probably the best comedy comedy roles I've ever seen was that season just so funny. All of them are so most of them are just so good. I really loved the season that had I think it was season eight, the one with Baba Dragon Queen for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I always think Bob was in the season nine. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I think season eight. And then there's the time All Stars to top one of the tops ever, yes for sure, like all the season revived All Stars.
Speaker 1: And that part.
Speaker 2: Yes, But I will also say that the name that we shall not mention uh was should not have went home? So is that the was she on the first one or the second one? Which Chris sleep this Chris because we can't say her name? Chandela?
Speaker 3: That was All Stars three and yes, should not have went home?
Speaker 1: Yes, she should have won.
Speaker 3: Yeah she should. I agree, I agree, I agree, Okay, okay, y'all, So now that we uh now now while we wait for the angry emails from the Tarer Sanchez club for not getting not us giving her flowers?
Speaker 1: Tarra, what's your barbecue canceled? Y'all?
Speaker 3: Grill fu, Yes, we have think a quick break, but when we come back, we'll talk about what's on our plate more in a sect. Okay, y'all, we are back in for days. What's on your plate? I'm want to put on our best wigs and think what kind of drag queen would you be? What's your name? What would you be giving? Who's your audience? I want to know all about who the who the about this girl is.
Speaker 2: So I've given this some thought, and the name I came up with on the fly, but I have death given this some time. So my drag name would be Shanita Plate. Shanita Plate. It sounds exactly the way that you think it sounds. I would be in La Teresa's house. Even though I know that she doesn't have too many drag daughters, she only has one. I still would would ask for Teres to be my drag mother, and I would be the one I hate because I hate. So when I say old dusty queen, I don't mean that as a slur. What I mean by that is is that I'm talking about the queens who who performed. If that makes sense like it wasn't. It's not just about I want to be famous and I want to be Instagram tiktokie, And I'm talking about the old queens who like when I say dust, I'm talking about they use pounds of makeup and you could when you gave them a hug, they smelt like white diamonds.
Speaker 1: That's the kind of that is the old.
Speaker 2: I want to be a older I want I want to I want people to look at.
Speaker 1: Me and see what's what was her name? Who put? Who had the thing on her head?
Speaker 3: Or nation vivacious?
Speaker 2: But yes, I want to give vivacious. I want to give. I've been like, I've studied drag. I know drag. I understand like the lexicon of what drag is supposed to be. Like I'm not just doing it for fun. I'm doing it because it's it's my career, it's my life. Like I want, I want to be a studied queen. If that makes sense?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: Okay? I live so I think so folks, Summer says now. But I used to do drag when I was younger. Yes, my name was, my name was Madame Jews, but it was like jew like jw is Jewish. Okay, But I don't love it much anymore. And I think if I was a queen today, I think I'd be like I was like like today, when my my roommate says some of them to me, I was like, I was like, oh, it was like it was like misheard. And I was like, oh, look name like miss heard. That's a cute name. Misheard that you misheard. So I'll just roll that for now. But I think my drag, my drag would be like I love a walk, I love a walk. My drag would be she. The walk would be nasty, the walk would be nasty. I think I think she she would be giving lips, sinking, okay, performance she's I'm not trying to do I'm not a not an assassin like I can do moves. But I will give you power ballance and bow the house down. Okay. I will give you Fie White with a mic in her hand and a wig. Don't you don't you walk away from me?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I will give you Htney Houston, I will, but I will also I will also give you Beyonce like I can do it all, but I will lean in to power ballads. She would be a girl. I would have every wig, would be at least forty inches like I would never I would and a lot of she's gonna have forty inches but downs every single toy.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a wig under a wig.
Speaker 3: If and and the fits. M hm girl, yes, captains, yeah, you have me. They don't have me in the type body says a girl don't have many corsets.
Speaker 1: Captains, caf hans.
Speaker 3: She is giving, she's even rich aunto you. Okay, I'm going to bed, that's what. Okay, I'm getting.
Speaker 1: You will have me?
Speaker 3: I am, I am, I'm looking. I am post on in Miami right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I'm about to lay down on these beach chairs. I know that's right, because you know what, honestly, that's a good question. What would be like your you know, like most queens kind of have something about them that makes them like known, Like what like what would be your your known thing? I'm thinking of mine as I'm asking this question. I don't know what would be I.
Speaker 3: Think I think I think it'd be like that dischwalks in fasty like okay, so it's just your wal like Namoy Campbell with a little hair to it, like I think it'd be like this bitch walks nasty. And I think for myself, I can do. I mean, can you like already like a really pretty spin?
Speaker 2: So I like, uh a little twirl and my forty yes, yes, yes vision. I think I would also be known for my hair, my different the hairdoos and things I'd probably link up with Delta work, and I would be like shout out to shout out to our girl Delta, because Delta.
Speaker 1: One thing.
Speaker 2: You know, there's a lot of ship that people can say about Delta, but the one thing that nobody can ever take from that woman is that bitch can do a wig.
Speaker 1: Okay, she can.
Speaker 2: She can't design and do a wig like nobody else. And I w I g oh, yes, yes, like I want to give all of my I literally want to give all of the credit to her work, because again, rou would not be where Rou is if it wasn't for her. I'm just saying out loud if we really want to talk about it. But anyway, sale of that to say that, I genuinely think my hair would be the thing that would probably be what people like, people would come to the drag shows to wait to see what kind of look I was gonna give with my hair.
Speaker 1: That probably it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Well with that being said, you could come see Shanida Plate and Miss Herd live loud and in color on Fridays down to the VIP.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 2: But with that being said, we're gonna take one more break and when we get back, we're going to get into y'all's favorite segment. Yes, ma'am, no man, Pam warn a bit. All right, y'all, So this week we are well one. So I'll be very transparent and saying we are pushing it because it has been a very long week for both me and Jojo, and on top of that, we have both had very long days. And so I don't want y'alleeling like we're trying to short you. If you recognize that that this episode is one of our shorter ones, it's just because.
Speaker 3: I will pay gave you non sacrificing quality, right. We just we just that's all.
Speaker 1: We just we we got to the meat of the show.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And what we'll have more key keys and banters is just I've been traveling a lot this week. Joho has had a lot on their play and so this week we said we're just gonna get in, give y'all a really good show, and then we're gonna get back to our lives because we are both very, very very tired. But with that being said, we are still going to give the flowers to those who deserve them. And so this week I want to give a big, huge shout out to my doll, Dominique Morgan and also to my girl T. S. Madison for the Starter House. I think it is absolutely fantastic what they are doing, what they've been doing, the fact that they are continuing to thrive and create things even when people don't support them and don't give them the love and and and and and the word I'm looking for here the upliftment, I guess if that's the right word right. They've been very vocal about how much trouble they've had to start this house, and I just think it's really cool to see that it actually happened and it's come to life. So shout out to them, Shout out to the work they're doing, shout out to the work they continue to do. I absolutely love and adore both of them and will continue to speak their names in all of the rooms that they're not in.
Speaker 3: Let's make sure that we that we link and.
Speaker 2: Will and will we'll definitely make sure that we have linked to the Starter House, and also for those who are listening and may have an extra dollar or two, like right, so we're talking about being at a club right now with the with the dolls and and you know, being at a drag show. Do what you do at a drag show, take some of those dollars out of your bag and put them in the hands of black trans women who.
Speaker 1: Are actually out here making a difference.
Speaker 2: I will say this before I go on to my Noma and Pam. I've been very vocal about this. There are a lot and I think I take the number from Franchesca Ramsey, but Jessica Ramsey says, you know, just because people have a lot of numbers on their socials and you know our quote unquote everywhere, doesn't mean that they're doing good work. And I want to make that very clear that there are a lot of people out here who are very very out there.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to down no shade.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying they're they're asking for money or they're you're doing these different things and are not really doing anything with the money that they've been given. T. S. Madison and Dominique Morgan, I know personally are using that money to put that money in other people's pockets to make sure that they can live the life that they deserve. And so I I cannot say enough. Please, if you have it, make sure that you're giving to the Starter House to make sure that those girls have what they need in order to live the life that they deserve. Now onto the funny. So yesterday I tried to kill myself and it's not funny. My no, man, Pam is tracking. Yes, it is a trigger warning and you can actually probably bleep that, Chris, so that way we don't get in trouble for me saying that I uh that I k I l led ed myself, but are unalive to myself. I tried to unlive myself yesterday all jokes decided. It is not funny, but I can laugh at it now. So my nomn Pam is twofold. I, as you all know, had a book tour. So by the time you hear this, it'll be last week. So last week I had a book tour. I had a bookstop in New York and in the midst of trying to get home, our flight got canceled. I think I may have said, did I say this at the top of the show, or did I mention this at all?
Speaker 3: No, okay to us?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so at the top of the show, I basically had mentioned to every to folks who are on the production side of the show. I missed my flight because Delta basically had We were on a runway for the tarmac for an hour and a half because they had basically gotten the lanes down to like one lane and there was a lot of wind and so we can only fly out of one area of LaGuardia. So that meant that we missed our leg coming back to Orange County. Now, so we're stuck in minute, We're stuck in Minnesota. We get a hotel, go through the you know, go through the mojo of all of that. The next morning, me and my husband are trying to like wrap up our stuff and get out of the hotel to get to the shuttle so that way we can get to the airport. Now, I've been very transparent about this, so that's why I don't care about sharing it on the MIC. I take diabetes medicine, and the diabetes medicine bottle is white, Okay. I also travel with my roeboxin because my roeboxin helps my back in case my side or my sciatica kicks up because of how much I'm sitting and how much I'm moving and how much I'm carrying and all that. Right, if you have sciatica, you already know anything can set off your sciatica.
Speaker 1: One wrong move, sleeping wrong. Do you have siata?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, God bless you, because if you don't, If you don't have sciatica, you will never know what it's like to live in a world where you can sneeze or be startled and have your whole back go out. That is literally the life that I leave. So both of those bottles look exactly the same. They were in the same carry all medicine thing that I had. So as I'm rushing to take my medicine to like put it in my bag, I opened the bottle and I took three roboxins and I.
Speaker 4: Said, like, literally, I'm said in it, And I said shit, I was like, I think I just took three of my muscle relaxers instead of three of my met foremans.
Speaker 1: And literally all the sirens started.
Speaker 2: Going off of like I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die. And so we had to call it. Yet, so the story goes exactly the way you think it did. We had to call nine one one, nine one one had to come out. They pricked my finger, and they do all this stuff to make sure I was good, and I told them myself, I'm a big girl.
Speaker 1: I will be okay.
Speaker 2: I think that like, the most you can take is six, so three was not going to harm me. There was a moment when I got to the airport, though, where I was like, oh, I'm not gonna make it like he was like, because the doctor did say or the medicine. The medical person was like, you're gonna be really sleepy. And when I got to the airport and I got past TSA baby the way, I wanted to lay down and that TSA and go to sleep like a baby.
Speaker 1: But I survived it. We got home. I'm safe and everything is okay.
Speaker 2: But I just definitely want to say travel is my noman PAM this week, because when you're rushing and you have a lot going on, it makes it very hard for you to think clearly. And yeah, so with that being said, y'all please be careful if you have to take medication. I just thought that was a funny story to share. But anyway, what's yours this week?
Speaker 1: Ved?
Speaker 3: And I'm glad like you tried the k y s the way I thought you did, so I'm glad it was accidental, but girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still sketch, yes man, Pam.
Speaker 3: Just to my friend. I was gonna give a shout out to my friend Devon. He's from the South and he he he's gonna do what he's trying to do. If y'all, if you're on SD, he's trying to do a soul food Sunday on Sunday May fourth. It will have some chicken and waffles, some good vies, mama promosas, some good DJs, all all by back to black Entertainment local you know, local, local business and black black queer ran, so get into it. I'm not paying for this. I just really wanted to shout out because I was like, this sounds dope. And if you're on SD, listens an SD or in LA won't want come through as well too. It's gonna be a belief like bomb ass time. I'm trying to call myself, I may not be able to work and now but what day is it? Sunday? May fourth? Oh, Okay, some people may have come of car tickets and to on your stand, but if you don't come through, pull up. But no, man, Pam is gonna be the let us ending with Belinda. Not because I'm mad Linda forgetting her bag, but because why can't she taken porn chat with her? She didn't know that man, and I am mad, I am mad. No she she she don't slept with him, and she was ready not and and like like she' I'm glad she did that because that man is fine. Like she was ready to start a business with him, and then got money and she said, I'm gonna the exact same, Yeah, I did to her. And I'm like, like money money, she just all and I'm glad she got to get her bad girl, get her bag, get your bair.
Speaker 1: I love that for you so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, acting is amazing, Please be on the show. But I'm just saying, why can't she have said, hey, porn shot, come with me, because she she was like, I have the money to start a spa with me now and be my director, Like take him out, take him. The only one he was saying to stay is because he had connections. You got money, now you're good. So I was just like, why, But that's that's that's it, that's all. That's all for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you know, and I wish we could sit and we could really break down the White Lotus because there was a lot of stuff that happened this season that I was like, I don't know, I feel about this, but it was still a great show.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed it. I think it ended the way it probably should have ended.
Speaker 2: But I do agree that Belinda should feel a certain type of way, or I feel like you have a right to feel a certain type of way that Belinda did Bornschi the same way that Jennifer Coolige's character did Belinda at the end of season one. And so there's a lot to be said around that, right, this idea of how much we think we're and I think that's ultimately what this season was trying to say, specifically thinking about the family, right, and the old girl, you know, crying about being with the monks.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You want to be you want to be different, and you want to prove that you're different until it's actually time to show up and be different. And I thought about that a lot this season, specifically, thinking about just all of the ends and eye. But yeah, really good season, really really good season. I'm here for it, all right, y'all. Well, with that being said, please send us your thoughts, whether it be about drag race or whether it be about the White Lotus. We'd love to read it on the air. You can send your emails to Blackfatfimpod at gmails dot com. You can also send us your thoughts via social media by interacting with our posts on Instagram and Twitter by using the handle at Black Fatfempod. Queen Jojo, where can the doss find you?
Speaker 3: Per us? You can find me my loves at Jojo Daniels across all the socials. Help me get someone followers, girl, your bitch, Your bitch wants some damn brand deals, okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or my website Jordan Dane's dot com. And if not there, you will find them on the April not traveling. And if you see me, if you see me at an airport, if you see me outside the confines of Los Angeles, if if I'm going beyond there, bitch, someone slap in the face, not too hard, right, like don't don't havent the goods.
Speaker 1: But like, don't slack pinch me or something to pinch me?
Speaker 3: Black girl? Why how why are you outside if you have a home, If you haven't find my friends, girl, go home. Don't let me. Don't don't let me. Don't let me get on a plane or take a long road trip.
Speaker 2: This month of y'all on tire that has been that one thing about me being your friend is that I do check your locations, and I'm always so happy go home. Yes, I'm so happy when I see that you're at the crib. That makes me so happy because I do again, I do know. I do be watching my assistant seeing where she is, just so I can make sure I can yell at you if you do. If you're doing too much. As for me and my household, you can find me over at ww dot doctor John Paul dot com. We have I say this with love. We have added extra some extra dates to the to the book tour, which is a blessing because they are actually paid dates. There are dates that I've been paid to actually go to, so gay for that. But with that being said, we have a couple of dates through uh April twenty eighth, and then I'm pretty much off the entire month of May until the end and so if you uh the next date that I have by the time you hear this, it'll still be time. I will be at Birdcage Books in Austin, Texas this upcoming So this week, this week, this upcoming Thursday, April seventeenth, I'll be at Birthcake Books and Austin, So tell you, tell your friends, tell you Mama, tell you Aunties. And then I will be jet setting and heading over to Las Vegas and I'll be at Analog Dope on the weekend for another talk. It's April twentieth and it starts at four pm. So if you want to come on down, come on down, if you want to see where I will be and keep up with me. All of my dates are on my website ww dot doctor John paul dot com. You can also find me on social at doctor John Paul. All right, that it's been another episode. We want to thank our producer, By Wang for handling all the logistics, and everyone over at iHeartMedia for keeping us up and running. We are now into season four quote unquote, it's it's it's nuts to think that this little idea that I had has grown into this whole kind of universe and I want to say this on the air because I mean it with every fiber in my body.
Speaker 1: Joho.
Speaker 2: It is such a joy, and it is such a pleasure every week to come to this mic and be able to I'll say this before I give you your full kudos. I was in a room today and it's just it's so cool to be able to like think about what we've done with this show and how much time we've had with this show, and so I'm just I'm every day I'm overwhelmed with joy of knowing that I have such an amazing co host, that I have such an amazing producer, Chris, we have such an amazing editor. I know we shout you out every week, but you are literally the most amazing and most creative editor that we could ever have. And we know that the show wouldn't be half of what it is if it wasn't for both you and Bay. So again, I always wanted to make sure you all get your credit because right now everybody needs to know how important they are. But that being said, stay black, fat, fim and fabulous, and remember what, Joho.
Speaker 3: We may not be a cup of tea, but drink some water. That's anyway.
Speaker 1: Bitch.
Speaker 2: You need it anywhere. And can I just say this, don't be drinking everybody. Oh, I gotta get my alkaline water and all, no drink regular water. That alkaline water will mess you up, so it'll throw off your pH bounds if you don't know what you're doing.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, I love us for real. Take care, See you next week by