Speaker 1: You hit us together and we're going to start to party.
Speaker 2: Start party.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to party, the.
Speaker 1: Elvist Ran After Party.
Speaker 3: And here we go. It's our snow day edition of the after Party podcast.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very unique day because a lot of us are at home. Gandhi is at home, Danielle's at home, Scottie bees at home, and uh, but Scary and Nate and Diamond went in today and you said, it feels creepily like the COVID days, right, COVID.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is what COVID was like. And uh, gotta say, I don't really miss it. That's really missing.
Speaker 5: You know, there's no no one to talk to in the hallways, Snacks are sparse, Yeah, there's nothing to drink around here.
Speaker 3: Those were the COVID days. They were very lean years. Yeah, very lean. How long were we out totally the COVID thing? How were you guys going in and we weren't.
Speaker 5: Until until we got back full force.
Speaker 3: I would say close to two years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was.
Speaker 3: Two years, Elvis.
Speaker 4: I don't think you came back in until August.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 4: I think you came in for a couple of days in August of twenty twenty, But I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think how many years were we out total? Two? Yeah, it was close to too. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Were we supposed to do originally like a week or something? Was like seeing a week.
Speaker 3: Well, so you guys came in and thanks for being the warriors that braved the walk across the street for skeouty from the Hilton or wherever you stayed, and you had to go all the way uptown. Diamond had to come in from where Queen's or wherever she lives.
Speaker 5: She also stayed at the hotel.
Speaker 3: She actually just left because she's got her uber, so good for her. Yeah, good y, Yeah, all right, everybody, Well we have an interesting week because later this week we're going to be on a ship. We're going to be on Norwegian Joy heading out to the Caribbean. That'll be a little different than this, but.
Speaker 4: We really couldn't have planned it any better. Because now the people that did book and it's sold out now, So if you want a book with us, good luck. Oh this is the perfect thing because you've dealt with all this crappy weather pretty much across most of the country, and so this is your reward for dealing with the crappy weather.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm excited. I'm very excited about getting on those ship and just warming up a little bit. Well, so we were here at the house yesterday, Alex and I did not leave the house. Once he went out and shoveled a little bit, that was it. And I don't know, I was enjoying the isolation and it took me back to COVID as well, because of course it was nowhere near that level of isolation from COVID, because that was wrong and very isolated. But yesterday was kind of nice. Alex was on bored. Well, it's okay to be bored or just relaxed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were kind of forced to relax and forced to or do stuff in your house or cook or whatever, because you know, there was a state of emergencies in certain places that you really weren't supposed to be on the road. So you know that forced relaxation is sometimes nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I like the pause.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I have maybe one more day left to me for this isolation, so we're part of it today. I'm out the door. Hey, so now what what do we do? Do We just go back to another two years of just working from home?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: God, no, I was singing how glorious it was this morning because the commute from my bedroom to my bedroom was so short, and I love that because I got to wake up so much later. But I really enjoy being in the studio with you guys and being around human beings and having that interaction. Just sitting here, it's not for me. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I do like being able to put a load of laundry in though, in the middle of life and getting that done. But I'm with Gandhi, I do miss I like being around you guys and having fun, and yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 5: You know. I've often fantasized about working from home and what I would do inside the commercial breaks, and I feel like I would scramble an egg. I feel like I would try and have a proper breakfast.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I used to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. If I have like an eight minute break, I've got time to scramble an egg and put some bread in the toaster. I can make all sorts of things in eight years.
Speaker 4: My question, knowing you didn't have to commute, how much more sleep did you get?
Speaker 2: Danielle Oh, an hour and fifteen, I.
Speaker 1: Think, yeah, yeah, about an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: God, Yeah, glorious. It was so good.
Speaker 2: Glorious.
Speaker 3: I got fifteen extra minutes.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 3: Because oh, you know, when I'm in the city and I'm coming into the studio, I get up about an hour earlier than I do here. Yeah, really, yeah, because I get dogs and there's stuff to get done.
Speaker 2: You know, you know I did clean the bathroom still, guys, you know that's my routine before I leave out. I still clean the bathroom this morning.
Speaker 3: Before before you go down to the basement.
Speaker 2: I came down to the basement. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is everybody wearing pants or did we do just just the.
Speaker 3: Top pants I'm wearing.
Speaker 2: I have a matching sweatsuit on. Today's very comfy.
Speaker 5: I will say one thing, this is a great day to go and try and get into that restaurant you normally can't get into. I'm looking through the Resie and the open table Apps and these places that are usually book solid.
Speaker 3: You can get out the prime time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, as long as the restaurant is open. So we should make I think we should make a move to some of these spots. I'm just saying, Okay, maybe you'll.
Speaker 3: Come back into the city. Why don't you guys go to go to lunch.
Speaker 5: We could could I bet we can get into Sidel's today.
Speaker 3: You never get into Sidel's. There's a whole world of restaurants other you can actually get into. Look at that. That's what's so important to us being able to get.
Speaker 1: The snow apocalypse. And we're like all the reservations amazing.
Speaker 3: If I was in the city today, I would definitely go out. I would go out for dinner tonight. Absolutely. But all right, so you can tell about the energy of this podcast. We're just kind of we're just out of having a snow day, right, we're phoning phoning it in. Oh all right, but I'm gonna I'm gonna go a little stir crazy. I gotta get out of this house eventually. Today I'm gonna crack out through the ice. Well. Look, I hope you guys have a safe drive wherever you're going, and I hope you stay warm because it is ice cold and it's gonna be like this at least here in New York until the end of the week. Right what, it doesn't matter us we'll be gone. So right, all right, you guys have a great day. Thanks for listening to whatever this was. Are low key just you know, not really much to say. Podcast like It, After Party