Speaker 1: Liza, Welcome to Monday Show.
Speaker 2: More studio more.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here is the goal over the next few minutes is by the way, we'll have the Blake Shelton interview coming up in just a little bit. It's great, Amy did it. I was gone. Amy did it. Amy's the leader when I'm not here, Amy's the leader. And you led in this situation. I liked it by some stuff last week. Maybe maybe when the best I I get critique for playing too many video games. I found a new story that's like, you should play all the video games you want. Find a news story the contradicts any hate you get, okay, because there's I'm telling you there's a story for anything, any hate. Yeah, find us find a new story the contradicts any hate you get.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So I want to start the show here. Thank you guys for being here. Let's play this song. We will come right back. Find that story that we can. We can then go Eddie shouldn't be eat in so many tortillas and you're like, oh tortillas, don't use that one. Let me start looking all right back right, I have a story I'd like to read. Thank you all for being here. This story justifies a lot of what I've said on the show for many years. From a research journal called Cyrix a reason that he found the people who played video games four, five, six or more hours a week have brain function fourteen years younger. So I'd like to say for all those times you guys have made fun of me playing video games, for those times, and my wife's.
Speaker 2: Been like, have you been to play in your PlayStation five ball over the last couple of hours? It's helping my brain. Have you sent that to your wife yet?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, i' about to take picture of you, send it over there.
Speaker 1: Even playing video games just sometimes is linked to a brain that's five years younger because of what the video game is doing for the brain. It's basically working out. Video games are important for people. They keep you rain active but constantly functioning at a high level. They also improve your problem solving abilities. Boom, that story justifies everything you've said, and all you guys can kick her eyes.
Speaker 2: Amy have one of those.
Speaker 4: Well, sometimes y'all make fun of me for forest bathing or y'all don't really it's just going for a walk with the trees with them yes, out of Stanford, which I mean credible source. It is scientifically measurable. So this is based on science. It's not just that I am going into the forest and hanging out with the trees to just feel better, and it's like all in my mind. No, it lowers your cortisol. They've measured it. So if you're feeling anxious, or you need to calm down, or you just need to feel like just better, go forest bathe.
Speaker 2: And forest bathing is actually in a water.
Speaker 5: You're not naked. You can be close.
Speaker 1: I won't even say naked. I was just saying water because it's baby. It's a season of amy, you know what I'm saying. Everything is like perty, no, what I lunchbox?
Speaker 2: What do you have to prove? It's all, oh, you guys get mad at me. Oh you don't shower. I can't believe you go three days without showering.
Speaker 6: But Harvard Health they say, yeah, exactly, go ahead. They shay showering every day is bad for you.
Speaker 2: Last could say, hey you sorry, go yeah.
Speaker 6: They say showering every day is bad for your health and bad for your skin. Antibacterial soaps can actually kill off normal bacteria that upset and that upsets the micro organisms on your skin. And encourages bad bacteria to get on your skin. Your immune system needs a certain amount of stimulation by normal micro organisms dirt and gunk and sweat, and by using that soap, you're messing with it. Bad news for your body if you shower every day, And Harvard says it wastes a ton of water.
Speaker 1: From Harvard and am saying, I like all this stuff we can made find out for we're actually.
Speaker 7: Right, Eddie, Well, mine just says from science. Science says science is not a source.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 7: You guys make fun of me for watching old black and white movies, but science says that old black and white movies can be considered good for your mental health because of their slow pace storytelling and they're understimulating and overwhelming because they're just old black and white movies.
Speaker 2: So these new movies I'm boring as crap?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, the science says it. That's science. Anybody else have something I want to prove everybody wrong about?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I have one.
Speaker 8: So according to the Male Clinic, getting random acts of kindness done you can increase your sense of connectivity and just decrease loneliness.
Speaker 6: And all of you guys make fun of me for getting all my ducks all the time and having all my ducks on.
Speaker 4: My jeep, and those things have really brought me a lot of joy and decreased my loneliness.
Speaker 1: I think we know I should say I not we. I think mostly that's just dude's hitting on you. Yes, I have ever seen me near as many ducks like she drives. It's like she's driving in a ball pit. I'm chuck e cheese, you're having a fight, like because so many dudes are putting duck inside of her geees.
Speaker 6: She has extra ones in a plastic bag in her car because she has.
Speaker 2: So many, I'm going to give them to people.
Speaker 6: There's absolutely one hundred percent dudes hitting on you.
Speaker 2: And almost but I'm almost dangerous.
Speaker 1: Like I saw her once driving up and I was like, what is in the wind and you see a little head of hint all the ducks.
Speaker 5: Guys, But this is what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: They people putting them on my jeep not only made me feel less lonely, it combat in my low mood and.
Speaker 5: Improved my relationships with people.
Speaker 2: And this all according to the mail Clinic. So we all found stories to prove everybody wrong.
Speaker 4: I tried to find something about cardinals for sure being lost letlong.
Speaker 5: So that there's no research on that. Unfortunately it's unmeasurable.
Speaker 6: Anonymous Anonymous sin bar, there's a question to be.
Speaker 2: Hello, Bobby Bones. About a month ago I met a girl.
Speaker 1: We hit it off to the point where we exchange numbers when on a date started texting.
Speaker 2: I'm starting to get a red flag feeling.
Speaker 1: We've made plans to get together five times, and each time something comes up, or she's busy at work or her mom needs help. I would like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but something feels off here. What can I do to find out if she's really that busy or if I'm getting the blowoff sign?
Speaker 2: Blown off? Bob?
Speaker 1: Okay, Bob, you're the problem. Yeah, it's five times you're the problem. So one time absolutely cool, Two times dang that sucks. I start to go do they really just want to hang out with me? That's that three times in a row. I am no longer going to invest any time or energy trying to get together with this person. That is now on them. If they want to get together with me anytime after three, that's on you. Bob and I can tell you this because I'm not with you right now and you won't punch me in the face. But Bob, that's on you five times. Also, your way too available. You're way too available, Bob. Why do you want to go out of here? You're so available. I'm free anytime, and once we go w Onut, somebody's free anytime.
Speaker 2: Bob. That's not a red flag. That is a roadblock. Stop.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, she either doesn't like him, or she's not or she's not real, so stop talking to me.
Speaker 1: They've met okay, and they change numbers and they even went on a date.
Speaker 4: Sorry, my brain immediately went to some crazy documentary. I just watched this girl to talk to a guy online for eight years and he scanned her completely.
Speaker 5: They never met up.
Speaker 1: Well, that could be true. I believe that one. No, but this one again, he's mat her. It's five times. What you do after two is you put it on them to make the next plan. Two completely acceptable that it happens twice. That sucks. It's rare, but it sucks, and it does happen. But after two it's on them to make the next plan. Bob, you're the problem. It's you, not that you're a bad person, but that you're just letting yourself suffer like this because she's You're probably like her third choice.
Speaker 2: You're like the third round draft pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you saying it's you.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, Bob, it's you, Bob the problem. It's you. You may be surprised to learn you can bring Thanksgiving dinner with you if you fly. It's possible to transport an entire turkey, all the fixings, as long as it's packed safely inside your checked bags.
Speaker 2: Stop right, I'd be afraid that things would like get out.
Speaker 1: But items that are liquid but have frozen completely solid if you're gravy in it, Yeah, it's considered a solid. You can even put that in your carry on well, as long.
Speaker 5: As it doesn't exceed the ounces.
Speaker 2: It's solid. It's not liquid and alcohol doesn't freeze. So yeah, but you can get that.
Speaker 1: On the other side, you just buy that, sure, but no, yeah, I mean if you freeze it, it's a solid.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So anytime I like take a weapon through, I freeze it and they never even question it.
Speaker 2: It's really cool.
Speaker 1: But bake you goes like pies, cakes, Thanksgiving sides like mac and cheese, green. They can be frozen properly and carry on, or you can put it in your checked Okay.
Speaker 5: That's the part where I'd guess.
Speaker 4: I just get nervous that they suddenly tell me it wasn't properly frozen and they throw it out, and I'd be like.
Speaker 1: Goot TSA or is that TikTok it's from dot com?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I would assume it's from like TSA.
Speaker 1: But what I would be worried about is that the TSA when they go through your stuff, they think that like scrumptures and take it for themselves, right, So just.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and check it. That's what I used to do when I wanted to take my own stuff when.
Speaker 2: They check it.
Speaker 1: Because sometimes open your back and there's a piece of papers like we went through your stuff. Yeah yeah, And I'm like, where's my dressing? You know they're reading in the break room back there somewhere.
Speaker 2: True. Anyway, there's dead pile of stories.
Speaker 5: I saw a hag on TikTok.
Speaker 4: If you're hosting Thanksgiving, use chat GPT to enter in everything that you have to cook, and it will print out or spit out a plan for when you need to put everything in and what order you should do it all in? What based on like you know, temperatures and times, and it can get really really complicated and overwhelming.
Speaker 5: But use AI?
Speaker 2: Do you guys? Use chat GPT?
Speaker 1: When I Google it pops up on the top right, same thing.
Speaker 2: We have to pay for it, Chat GP for it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I guess I used the free version.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe there maybe there's a free version like anything I'm saying now Chat GPT you told me to say, so I pay for.
Speaker 2: The other versions.
Speaker 4: So oh that's why I can only ask you one question. Yeah, if you, I guess, because the free it'll give you one for free and then and then it's like you've hit your limit for the day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's.
Speaker 5: The formula for the perfect night at home has been studied, so I'll tell you exactly what that is. But Bobby, I'm curious what a perfect night looks like for you.
Speaker 1: First, If I can be in bed by eight, I felt Morgan Backward. I would be in bed by eight, falling asleep by eight thirty because get to wake up so early. I would say dinner at six five forty five would be good. It doesn't even matter what it is. I don't care really what we eat because I eat boring stuff for the most part, watch a show with my wife, get a couple games of NCAA football in I mean, I would love to for there to be like an Arkansas football game that we win, but we don't win games anymore.
Speaker 5: Was getting very specific.
Speaker 1: Well, you ask me perfect night, Okay, and maybe it's like a doubleheader because sometimes if it's a weekend, Arkansas'll play like three pm, they'll play a basketball game that evening. Oh that's cool, that's cool. I'm gonna be super selfish like that. Why what do they have?
Speaker 4: Well, the perfect night is getting home from work by five point thirty pm and immediately taking an approximately nineteen minutes shower, and then you follow that up with snacks and relaxing on the couch by no later than six forty two.
Speaker 2: Pm, I asked chat GPT.
Speaker 1: The perfect night for an American can very widely depending on the personal ches, some regional culture. A cozy home, warmer summer evenings of Christophall Knights, barbecue, maybe a favorite craft beer, watching a big game, shaming a blockbustern.
Speaker 5: Movie by six forty two pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bonding over stories with your family relaxation out by a fire or a chill evening.
Speaker 5: That's mine, all right.
Speaker 2: What else?
Speaker 4: If you've ever wondered why cope tastes better at McDonald's, there's a reason, and it's a whole process. A lot of fast food restaurants they have their coke syrup delivered to them in plastic bags, but McDonald's gets it delivered in stainless steel tanks, and the tanks keep the syrup fresh, and that's why it tastes different.
Speaker 5: But I mean there is.
Speaker 4: I mean, I love diet coke, and yes, there is something about a McDonald's coke.
Speaker 5: That just hits.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Their fries too, just hit, as they would say.
Speaker 5: So, just hit plastic bags. They don't help keep that sorre of flavor quite like the metal tank. All right, I'm Amy. That's my pile.
Speaker 2: That was Amy's pile of stories. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 3: How much box.
Speaker 6: Elaine Rat had just started her shift at the community store right by the river when a little boy runs and goes help help. We tried to walk on the river on the ice and my friend fell in. Elayne runs down to the river says, icy water. I'm not scared of you. Boom jumps in the water, grabs the boy, gets him up on the shore, and then she climbs out. The boy was taking to the hospital. He's okay, he had hypothermia, but he's alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she rested her on life there.
Speaker 1: Yes, she saved her life, and that's always awesome. But I don't know if I'd have done that icy river. I don't think I hear. I don't think I have the guts.
Speaker 2: And it's real cold. Somebody could start yelling help and I'd run to it.
Speaker 1: I'd been like, yeah, help, Yeah, somebody, somebody help. He said, that is a great story. Good for her, good for them. That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good, a right. Top ten Fears of Common Americans. We're gonna play the Bobby feud. Top ten fears of Common Americans. We're gonna roll the dice in just a second. But first let's talk to Justin. Justin, what's up, buddy.
Speaker 3: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 2: We're doing pretty good.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna get a chance here to win a two hundred and fifty dollars Walmart gift card from our friends that throw throw burrito. All you have to do is pick the person that wins the game. Is it Amy, Lunchbox or Eddie. If you pick the right person and they win.
Speaker 2: You win.
Speaker 3: Oh we're going with lunchbox.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, smart dude. Okay, Justin picks the lunchbox. Let's roll the dice and see who goes first. It is lunchbox, lunchbox. You'll go first. Here.
Speaker 1: So top ten fears of common Americans. Ten answers on the board. Go ahead, heights, show me heights?
Speaker 2: Number one answer. Give that guy one point? Yeah, you ready for another one. That's how the game works. Death. Oh, that's good, show me death.
Speaker 1: Death is not on the list, Eddie. I'm gonna go with a friend of the dark.
Speaker 2: Show me the dark, everybody, it's not just children. Everyone got through that. Yeah, well most spiders show me spiders. I have two points for Amy. Go ahead, that's number two. Answer. Okay, Cancer, show me cancer, illness? Are getting sick? Is that one?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: Let's see it's number eight answer, by the way, eight points.
Speaker 5: Okay, the question again.
Speaker 1: We see A recent study found the top ten most common fears of Americans.
Speaker 2: Can you name the top ten.
Speaker 5: Most common fears? Commitment?
Speaker 1: Show me commitment, heights, spiders, and illness getting sick. Three off the board. Points are double back over to lunchbox. Snakes show me snakes. That is your number seven answer worth fourteen points.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Another thing they're scared of are sharks, the old fear of jo Show me sharks, Eddie, you did not have any points.
Speaker 1: I don't, but I'm about to get some. A recent study found the top ten most common fears of Americans. What you got, losing their job, losing their job.
Speaker 5: To calibrate, this is not good, okay, flying.
Speaker 1: Show me flying? Number four answer worth eight points.
Speaker 4: Amy, Allie, uh, escalators, that's.
Speaker 7: Weird getting off on the stuff escalators.
Speaker 2: No, tricky points are not tripled.
Speaker 1: Yes, Amy is in the lead with eighteen points, so Lunchbox needs one here to stay ahead. Justin how do you feel about your boy right now? You're feeling pretty good?
Speaker 3: Or no, I'm feeling I'm feeling great.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's got to get at least one here, Lunchbox. Top ten most common fears height, spiders, flying, snakes, and illness getting sicker all off the board.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean this one is when you go to the doctor and you gotta get this little thing in your arm. It's called a needle. People are scared of needles. Bobby passes out when he sees a needle.
Speaker 2: No, I don't get neils all the time. Oh Michael, Yeah, he said you passed out. Now show me needles.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Lunchbox did not win the game, Eddie, you can still win the game here. Don't call it a comeback.
Speaker 2: We're not okay.
Speaker 1: Well, it all starts with the end of the world. People are scared of the apocalypse.
Speaker 2: Zero I'm on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, show me apocalypse at one point, no points on Amy. This is victory lap for you if you can know one a.
Speaker 5: Are you a piece?
Speaker 2: I think I've started, you know, just kind of stoked that fear here in this round. Yeah, the world aliens. Oh cool, you did.
Speaker 1: Win, so we'll get to that in a second. Your number three answer was fear of public speaking. Number five answer is not having enough money for the future. Number six is losing a loved one. Number nine is corrupt government officials rat and number tennis terrorist attack.
Speaker 5: I almost I almost said ward with that accounted.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. You'd have to be more specific.
Speaker 1: But you did win. Betty's justin did not win. Now, Justin, you chose Lunchbox and he let you down. What are your thoughts?
Speaker 3: If I was Lunchbox, I probably sold a couple of words his way. But but I love Lunchbox.
Speaker 2: That's right, smart dude. I mean sometimes it doesn't get done.
Speaker 1: I mean, how much you can buy a Walmart without love is why I say, OK, just kidding, just kidding, all right, thank you, thank you, Justin. Uh let's get Justin off for another game later, okay, maybe today, or to mark that scuba. I never want to like give somebody a one to oh yeah, but it was pretty kind, so I like him.
Speaker 2: M's do it again. If he's mean, we don ou let him back. You don't le him back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have you on for another game. Okay, all right, buddy, I love you all. Thanks man, see love me too. Man.
Speaker 2: Now we're good. I got a really cool Cody Johnson story for you.
Speaker 1: I literally gave my phone to Brandy and said I can't take it anymore because there's like one hundred and five text messages on there and I have no clue who they're from.
Speaker 2: So I'll decipher through that almost sixteen hour ride back to.
Speaker 1: Texas, so one. Congrats to Cody. That's awesome too. What was the moment in your life that was your phone blew up moment? It can be good or bad, but but all of a sudden you look at you.
Speaker 2: Like, holy crap. I got a lot of text messages, Amy, I'll go to you first.
Speaker 1: Gosh.
Speaker 4: Just a recent one for me would probably be when we announced that I was getting divorced on air.
Speaker 2: People were texting you after that. Yeah, I heard the set. What are they like?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 4: What was the I think it was people in our inner circle knew people closed, especially in Nashville, but just so many people, you know, being from Austin and we'ren Air there and so many people that I grew up with, and they just weren't aware because we kept it so like to our tight group. And I just started to get random texts of support and just thinking of y'all praying for you, and I was like, oh, okay, that's why she's over yeah or hey, we went through the same thing, like.
Speaker 5: Let me know how I can help y'all. So I think that that tops the list for some stuff.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox. Your phone blowing up moment.
Speaker 6: As easy as when I'm We're in the marathon without any training.
Speaker 2: I mean, people didn't think I could do it.
Speaker 6: And when I got done, I mean I had so many text messages took me a couple of days to respond if I responded, just people saying what a beast I was.
Speaker 2: And you know, you know what year though, twenty ten? Yeah, maybe fourteen year more than wasn't born yet, Eddie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think when I did my walk from West Virginia to Tennessee, but it was cool because like when you were walking, you know, twenty five miles a day, like you have nothing else to do. So when people were texting, it was cool. I text back, but I got lots of texts. I think I was texting the whole time. Then when at the end of the day we were at the hotel, I just responded more texts. A lot of texts came in that time.
Speaker 1: If your new Eddie walked from West Virginia to Tennessee just like the song, because he came on there going that's all that far right and so over like then't do it. And he raised a couple hundred thousand bucks for it was amazing for foster children, and his foot still hurts he has an injury in his foot. A sacrifice, yeah, hey for the kids, man, sacrifice for the kids. I don't think you knew your foot was going to be hurt, but I think, yeah, that's one mine is whenever I want to dancing with the stars.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know something people were that were texting me, and I hate red dots, so I spent out right afterwards just trying to clear it off, and then I just would copy and paste hey hey man, thanks. But then I realized everybody wasn't a man, and I was sending hey man, I know.
Speaker 5: All three of y'alls are all physically taxing.
Speaker 1: Us.
Speaker 5: Mine was emotionally taxing.
Speaker 1: I think mine's more emotionally taxing physically though, Oh really, that show hurt A lot on your brain is a lot more of my brain.
Speaker 5: Okay, well then we're good. I'm like, well, I need to go do something active.
Speaker 1: What's the best gift card to give somebody for the holidays? Because they have a whole list here, So if you have to get somebody, maybe you're not even that close, but you gotta get them a gift.
Speaker 2: What do you get them? Amazon Number one is Amazon.
Speaker 5: Okay, that can come in candy for everybody you're.
Speaker 2: Tuned in, Go ahead, what else you got like a uber eat?
Speaker 1: A lot of rural places don't happen, I know, true.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Number two is Target.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, now that now my brain's working on that.
Speaker 5: Walmart.
Speaker 2: That four is Walmart?
Speaker 5: Okay, Uh, Instacart delivery.
Speaker 2: You're you're in the future. Gosh, you're a big city in right now.
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Gaming cards if it's oh, I saw that.
Speaker 4: That's the number one thing kids want for Christmas is gift cards for video games.
Speaker 2: So four is a three sigar. Bucks is an obvious one.
Speaker 1: That's there, Nike, eBay, Arii, which I was surprised because I don't ARII Yeah, Home Depot, Disney, okay, but what do you get from because it's not going to Disney World.
Speaker 2: What do you get from the Disney gift card shows?
Speaker 5: Can you down the movies and stuff?
Speaker 2: Or I don't have one?
Speaker 1: I don't know, just I don't have one. It is I can't check mine to see Disney. I mean to say, Disney's top ten on the gift card.
Speaker 2: List as well.
Speaker 1: I take the Amazon, Amazon, and eBay. There are the solid ones because you can get whatever you want from those or cash. Yeah, give me the cash. It may not feel personal, but cash.
Speaker 2: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 7: Jared is from Mesquite, Texas, and when he was a little kid, he remembers his dad talking about this Chevy Camaro that he had, a nineteen sixty seven Camaro. Loved it, but he had to get rid of it because well, he had kids, he had to buy diapers. He couldn't afford it anymore, so he had to sell it. Well, now Jared's older, he said, you know what, I'm going to try to find this Camaro for my dad. So he went on a nationwide search and turns out it was only seventy miles away. He found the exact camaro. It took him two years to restore it. But now his dad turned sixty five and he surprised him for his birthday. That's pretty awesome, Dad, here's the Camaro that you had to sacrifice for us that you like, replaying the voice of the kid, Well, I kind of feel it because since I became a dad, I start realizing and I never thought about it, but when I became a dad, I was like, man, my dad really like sacrifice a lot for us, and I didn't realize it then.
Speaker 2: So I wish I could have.
Speaker 1: Done something like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you could have got on a camaro. I don't know.
Speaker 1: He never had a came anybody.
Speaker 7: Maybe.
Speaker 5: No, your kids can do something like this for you, play this for him?
Speaker 2: What would that be?
Speaker 1: Though you haven't given him much, You haven't really given it that much. He played a lot of golf. Yeah, I do.
Speaker 2: Also, Amy's looking for a Broncos still.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my kids and saying, mom, I sacrifice it for them.
Speaker 2: But that's okay, who cares? Yeah, you just want the Bronco, all right, That's what it's all about. That was telling me something. Good time now for Amy's morning.
Speaker 1: Corny, the mourning corny.
Speaker 5: What do you call a stolen spud?
Speaker 2: What do you call a stolen spud?
Speaker 5: Hot potato?
Speaker 2: Hot potato?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 2: That was the mourning corny. You know, the saying open sesame?
Speaker 5: Yeah, open sesame?
Speaker 2: I say it, open sesame. What do you think that means? Open sesame?
Speaker 4: I can honestly say, I've never thought about this, but is it that? Do sesame seeds come in little shells like a pistachio and you have.
Speaker 5: To open them.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's true. I read open sesame.
Speaker 1: Was originally open says me, Open says me, and now it's said open sesame because it's been said wrong so many times. Open says me, open says me, open says me, just turned into open sesame.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I see how that happened for you.
Speaker 1: A fly to Dallas, they had a duck tape of guy down to a seat because he was trying to open the door. I wonder if plans have extra duct tape now, because it seems like that's what you do to somebody who's out of control. It's just duct tape them. But I have audio of this. So the guy's trying to open the door and they all jump hold him down. Here's one of the passengers talking about apprehending the guy.
Speaker 2: There was no time. He was too beat from the door.
Speaker 1: It was just chaos. He was going for the door, and so I just grabbed the guy from behind and kept him from pulling the thing on the door. You know, we were on our knees holding him down. Do you think you beat the crap out of him first if you have the ability to, because I think I would not that I have the ability. But if I did have the ability and somebody's going crazy, I need to restrain him. I'm going to beat the crap out of him first and hopefully knock him out and then tie him out.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, knock him out. To see that seems risky to me.
Speaker 2: You know, it's risky pushing the door of the airplane, and I.
Speaker 4: Know I'm in for like a little jabb or kick, But like, I don't know about beat the crap.
Speaker 1: I think I would just try to beat the crap out of him, knock him out, you're right, capacitate him, and then duct tape him down. Yeh, it'd be easier to duck takeing the tape of maybecause not absolutely.
Speaker 5: Oh they might just put them a sleeper.
Speaker 2: That's not a real thing.
Speaker 1: Oh it's nice, like wrestling on the handle dropped too. Here's another one. This is a flight flying to Miami. It had to turn around when it hit serious turbulence. There's a video. Don't watch it. Oh yeah, I know it's scary because everybody's screaming. I hate turbulence. I hate flying. So, by the way, no one was seriously hurt, but it is crazy.
Speaker 2: Here we go hit it.
Speaker 5: Sam, everybody?
Speaker 1: Right, that is that sounds like a It's like a movie where the crushed on a deserted island left lived there for years. Did you watch the video?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I watched the video.
Speaker 1: So was it one bump or was it lots of bumps? That was one of the bigger bumps, But I think there was some turbulence leading into it with one humongous drop. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I only saw one person's angle and I just saw stuff flying in the air and people freaking out and like, to me, it sounds like a roller coaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it does play that first part again.
Speaker 5: Right, No, that's an airplane. It's not a rollercoaster.
Speaker 2: And you have to think too.
Speaker 1: Everybody doesn't have their phones on the whole time. They only turn it on once the turbulence starts going, right, so they're catching like the biggest moment of it.
Speaker 2: Uh that's that makes me not feel good? Am I like stern them?
Speaker 4: And it was like just like a flight to Miami. Oh yeah, it seems like that's happening somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Which would you rather have happened on your flight? One quick boom turbulens in your backup to normal. But everybody screams or a guy trying to open the door, and they got to beat him up and.
Speaker 2: Duct tape him.
Speaker 5: The duct tape guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he could actually open the door. No, he can't.
Speaker 5: He cannot know that. That turbulence video there, you're scarred for life. Probably duct tape guy. You're like, can you believe he was on the flight?
Speaker 1: It's a fight.
Speaker 2: You convinced me.
Speaker 1: Earlier we were talking about open sesame, which was originally open, says me, But now we say open sesame. There's another thing that I saw. I only want to give you the first part of it because I don't want to ruin it. So the blank one Eddie two song was mage again?
Speaker 5: Right, what's my age again? What's my age again? What's my age again?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's it again.
Speaker 1: So if I go. I took her out.
Speaker 2: It was a Friday night.
Speaker 5: Let's get alone. I get to feel them right, hold on, start again.
Speaker 2: I took her out. It was a Friday night.
Speaker 5: I was alone.
Speaker 2: No, what I right? So this is what tell me? This is right.
Speaker 1: I took her out. It was a Friday night. I walk alone and get the feeling right. I started making right it's I work alone.
Speaker 2: It's not I walk alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they're together. So that's why I've always said alone. But then you're like, I took her out. It was a Friday night, and then why would he be alone?
Speaker 1: But I walk alone is how I've sang that. Yeah, forever, You're right, it makes no sense. I wore alone.
Speaker 5: That got her feeling right, You get the feeling right.
Speaker 2: Took her out.
Speaker 1: It was a Friday night. I wore alone to get the feeling right. I never knew is I work alone. I'm saying this long ten million times same, never make no I know the rest of this. And that's about the time she walked away from me. So you can tell all your friends, hey sing like to I'm gonna do that. I'll be like a walk alone.
Speaker 5: So do you all wear do you'all work alone? To get that?
Speaker 1: I don't have.
Speaker 2: I don't even own.
Speaker 5: Cologne feeling right?
Speaker 2: Oh, I work alone on date night.
Speaker 7: I finally found a cologne that I love. Gosh that you you sound creepy, man, dude, it's awesome. It changes how that's funny you say it like that you were doing like some weird It doesn't I don't mean that I don't. I don't own a bottle of Clone.
Speaker 5: It's so bizarre to me because you're so along as like fake, What do you mean it's not what he means fake?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: It's put on a costume? No, it's just a little it's not a clean thing.
Speaker 5: I know that you're a very clean person. That's my point, and you like you typically.
Speaker 2: Colon make you cleaner.
Speaker 1: When Keith Urban walks here, you don't go, I'm not clone guy.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm not hating non clone people. I'm just not cloned guy.
Speaker 4: But don't you think it's fair for us to say it's odd to us you're not cologne guy. No, oh, it's always been audenic.
Speaker 1: I didn't wear deodorant. I think you could go it's odd to us you're not a deodorant guy. But I even keep deodering here at work, just in case I forget.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I just have always feels cheesy to Gea.
Speaker 4: I know, for all these years, I've always thought, how is Bobby not cologne guy?
Speaker 1: You should give it a shot, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to be clone.
Speaker 5: Everything else about you screams like, oh it does it?
Speaker 1: Don't say I stream Colone guy.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm so exulted. Okay, on the Bobby Bones Show. Now, Matt Ramsey from Old Dominion, he's here.
Speaker 1: What's up, hey? Yes, yes, yes hey. First of all, congratulations on another CMA. My question for you guys, because you've done it so many years in a row. Now, when you get styled or you as a band, you pick out your clothes, does one style let's work with all of you together so you kind of look like a boy band kind of matching kind of not? Or do you all do it separately and just show up and hope you don't like accidentally wear the same thing.
Speaker 3: No, we have the same stylist. She's been with us for a really long time, so yeah, she's she kind of knows what our preferences.
Speaker 1: At this point, I feel like a pretty solid question.
Speaker 2: I'ma be honest with you.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good, yeah, because i'd kind of want to like have a theme pretty good. Yeah, Yeah, I like I want to give myself propers for that question. I've always wondered that. So and then you win again and you're absolutely deserving of it, no doubt about it. You guys have so many hits, but at this point a little bit like you're gonna win until you don't when they're about to say the name at this point, right like you like, it's probably gonna be us.
Speaker 3: You know, this time it did not feel like that, you know. I mean, I think at some point in the run it probably did feel like that, But this time I think it was just a little bit more nerve wracking because obviously there was a record at stake, and you know, there's there's some new guys in the category, and you know, so you never know anyway, such everyone in this category is so good and kind of so on the same level.
Speaker 1: Seven consecutive Vocal Group of the Year awards unbelievable. The only streak that's better is min Non being late to work street That's it. That's number one, and seven consecutive is number two.
Speaker 3: Hey, so you're calling it's hard to achieve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I agree. I expect to be at work though you're starting to doubt yourself the Yeah, So I do want to talk about the seven for seven Rhyman Residency, which you guys are going to play a bunch of shows at the Ryman seven for seven, So what's the deal with the title I think I know, and then also, why are you doing these shows?
Speaker 3: Seven consecutive wins? Seven consecutive shows? Was the idea just to figure out a way to like celebrate it in a big way and give back, because man, we're so blessed and have gotten so much out of this career and our fans and you guys and want us to figure out a way to like give it back a little bit. So we thought we'd take seven different charities. Each show would be for a different charity. It'd be just a fun way to have a hometown residency. We love the rhyman so much. It's a good way to give back a little bit of what, you know, we've been given.
Speaker 1: What song do you guys play in the crowd? Sings? Allowed us back?
Speaker 3: Memory Lane is insanely laught, like playing with the monitor. Yeah you remember that when you sing it?
Speaker 1: I do remember. You guys have so many number ones. It's like I just see a title that I'm like, which which one was that? Which one was that got it? So they yeah, that's your favorite one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 1: You're doing all these shows and you've picked all the different charities. Tickets are on selling. Now you guys can buy tickets to go watch Old Dominion and you can. Man, that's it. Do you feel any imposter syndrome at all? Meaning if I had seven shows up, I'd be scared to death that like none would sell out or only three or six? Like, how do you? How's your mental health when it comes to selling tickets?
Speaker 3: I definitely have that fear. You know, with every show, I'm like, I wonder if anybody's gonna be here tonight. You know, it always works out pretty good.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: When I was talking to our agent, I was like, is this a stupid idea? Tell me if we're going to get down to the end and nobody's going to be there, And he was like, I think we're gonna be good, dude, Like, just stick to it.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna be good too. I think they're going to sell so fast and a lot of them already have. You guys can go to Old Dominion Music, which is the Instagram. Find the link there. They're doing seven for seven. It's a Rhyman residency in Nashville, all to benefit charity. You guys have a bar that's ODI's is going to open up. What's gonna be the different thing about ODI's than a lot of these other bars that these artists opened.
Speaker 3: For one thing, it's in midtown. Most of them are most of them are downtown, but this one's in midtown and just something that we really care about. We really put a lot of work into it. So, you know, the other bars don't really have anything to do with us. So in one way, it's going to be you know, that's the main difference. This one's going to have something to do with us. Yeah, we're not trying to make it a big museum for old dominion. We're just trying to make it a place that kind of has the like feel good vibe that we try to project with everything that we do, and you know, we're just going to try to really showcase the local original talent.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you a couple more questions. If as a band, you guys were going to the CMAS and how would you describe, Like, what is the dress code at the CMAS?
Speaker 2: Would you say it's more formal.
Speaker 3: Than most of them. I would say it's a pretty formal. You know, we were wearing tuxes.
Speaker 1: What if one of the guys, like most all the guys were in like suits, but one of the guys wanted to wear a hoodie and jeans. How would the band feel about that? Man, you do you you know?
Speaker 3: Do you think it's that's what you want to wear? Man's go for it.
Speaker 1: It feels like you're talking down to them a little bit, though, No, not at all, man, Like, we're so far past that. I guess you guys are.
Speaker 3: We've been together. We've been together for so long. Man, if you don't want you know, look, we have a fifth member. Believe it or not. He doesn't come to those things because he just finally said to us, like, guys, that really stresses me out. I don't really want to be there. And we said, that's okay, man, stay home.
Speaker 1: He can't wear hoodie jeans. That's why we went to that. We got our CMA Award this year, and Lunchbox showed up in a hoodie and everybody else was in a full suit and tie, and we were just like, oh, it's a little more formal than this. So I wondered what you guys would have done as a group.
Speaker 3: I see now where the question was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and that's why he wanted you to say I'm a loser. And I'm an idiot if we're wearing that, but you are on my side, so yeah, I am old dominion all the way.
Speaker 3: I'll be at your bar up lunch, come on.
Speaker 1: But exactly we're not old dominion. Hey, congratulations Matt Matthew and go to talk to you. And the seven for seven rhyme and residency tickets are on sale now. That benefits so many charity seven nights and all benefited different charity. Have a great rest of the week. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate it. Y all right, And that is the end of.
Speaker 1: The first half of the podcast.
Speaker 2: That is the end of the first half of the podcast. The podcast.
Speaker 1: That is the end of the first time of the podcast. You can go to a podcast too, or you can wait till podcast to come out.