Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow, it's the clearinghouse of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Big Ben and Danny g Radio. A Happy Sunday, Sunday Sunday to you as we are back at it in the audio Dojo on this ninth day of the month of June, and welcome in to the mailbag. It is Donald Duck Day today, So happy Donald Duck Day. Always in important that was a big Donald Duck guy. As a kid, I liked when I remember going to Disneyland, and I liked the blue shirt that Donald wore in the blue hat. I think that's why I like Donald. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, do you remember going to Disneyland as a little kid, and they had that big room with all the different telephones, and each telephone was a different Disney character. I wasn't even in kindergarten yet. But I remember being on the Donald Duck phone and Donald Duck was on the other end of the line.
Speaker 1: Were you devastated when you found out that he wasn't actually on the other part of the line, where you're like, oh my god, this is it. I just found that out right now, devastating. Dare you wait till you find out about Santa Claus. You'll really be devastated. Oh man, that'll blow you away. Mail alive. It is the mailbag, but I wanted to get before you kill the mailback. Let's do a little pop goes to the culture. You want to do a little pop goes the culture? Yes you do, Danny, you're shaking your head, Yes, you want to do a little pop goes to culture.
Speaker 4: I love when you speak for me, jun.
Speaker 1: John. Thank you very much, Ohio, I'll appreciate that. Very kind of you to send this in now. I'm not sure if this is a pop culture story or not, but I think it's appropriate. On this podcast, we have been following the inconvenience that Danny g has had involving a wildlife crossing that has interrupted the commutes from time to time. It's wow. They built an overpass just for animals.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two have been saved so far.
Speaker 1: At some point this overpass will become a homeless camp, right, it'll be an encampment for homeless people, But for now it's for animals and two animals of cross.
Speaker 3: There's an invisible wall in Woodland Hills, California. That's where the homelessness stops.
Speaker 1: Ah. Yeah, okay, the devil you're talking about. So they have these wildlife crossings and we understand that that is such a big hit, Danny, the one near you that now they are going to have more in southern Califoria.
Speaker 4: I knew you would love this story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're planning on building two other wildlife crossings that have been proposed for I fifteen north of San Diego County. Two more of these things, Danny two. Ben, congratulations, My god, we're gonna end up having more overpasses for animals than human beings. You know, Oh that's not true. You just hate animals. But no, I don't hate animals. Okay, I just think this is a little much. I think animals have been Okay, they can they can figure out a way.
Speaker 3: Ben save a Bobcat ride at Coyote.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so for Gayzy. It's so Forgayzy. But it is continuing. You don't hear these type of stories very often in Alabama, South Carolina, Virginia. Am I wrong? Maybe you do? Maybe I just don't know.
Speaker 4: Why is Alabama on your mind?
Speaker 1: Did you see that?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Wow? We very well will have to replace Lizzo on lame jokes of the week with the new Miss Alabama. Wowsers. Now, Danny, I like a woman that's got a little curvation to her appearance. Of course thickness, but yes, more cushion for the pushing. But I even I have limits, Danny, My god, what happened there in Alabama? Miss Alabama. She's a big star, Danny. Miss Alabama she is.
Speaker 4: She's huge in that state.
Speaker 1: Yes, she is a very very popular figure there, and she walks like a boss and you don't want to get in her way. Is she that photo? There's one photo from this that is next level. She's standing behind you know, she's standing next to the other women that did not beat her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the headline says, if you don't think Miss Alabama won this fair and square, you're a far right extremist.
Speaker 1: That's about that's about right. You're quite of course, that's how anything goes. You questioned anything, Well, you're just you're so you're so far out there you're a conspiracy theorist or something like that. Oh my, you should tweet this out and then tag Clay Travis.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Clay's probably written seven stories on OutKick about this already. Right now as we speak talk his eyeballs are popping out of his head. By now. Yeah, that was that was quite the story. See that's changed. That's another thing, Danny, that's changed in my lifetime because when I was a kid, as a child, and I know at the playground you would have girls that were were large who would get picked on. They would not be handed bouquets of flowers and win beauty contest. So that's changed in my lifetime, Danny.
Speaker 4: It is empowering.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till we see a six hundred pound guy winning the Bachelor. You know, Bachelor. Is it the Bachelor or the Bachelorette? Which one is it? The one with the dudes? I don't know, the Bachelor, Bachelor, yeah, Bachelor, yeah, get it.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I.
Speaker 3: Can't sit here and talk shit as I'm holding a diet coke because, as you alluded to the other day on the podcast, fat people drink type coke meds.
Speaker 1: As a proud fat man, even though I've lost a lot of weight, I'm still large and in charge, and I still support the fat the fat community. But me as a fat man, even I know fat people should not be winning beauty contest. I know that. I realize that I'm aware of that. Yeah, you got a mental problems, man, man alive? What else do we have on pop goes the culture? How about this one out of China. A hiker in China was hiking near the tallest waterfall in China. So how is that a pop goes the culture story? Let me explain. So this guy's wan uering around there and he comes across something that blew his mind away. It turns out that the largest waterfall that has this beautiful water cascading down in China. Well, the hiker posted a video online it's probably been killed by now that showed the flow of water was coming from a pipe that they had put a pipe in to feed It's a fake waterfall?
Speaker 4: Is the urinal at Madonna in.
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, that's right. The operators of this say the tourism portion of this part of China say that they made the quote small enhancement during the dry season so visitors would feel that their trip had been worthwhile, is what they're saying. Wow, nothing is as it appears, Danny, nothing is as it appears. So wonder what did happen to that person that exposed the fraud? How dare you? How dare you? Well? This is exciting, Dandy technology. Big tech continues to influence our lives. The CEO of Zoom Zoom Zoom Zoom. They claim that in the future, and not that far into the future, you will have AI deep fakes who will attend meetings in your place, so you won't even have to attend a Zoom meeting. You can just turn on AI and you're good. Just turn on the AI. You're good to go. Yes, perfect, And eventually our radio shows will be done by AI and I will I will be dead and for two hundred years my radio show will be on. There'll be an AI voice that will just keepdcasting.
Speaker 3: Danny, I've done this in my career already. Speaking of Clay Travis back in the day, for you know, travel reasons he'd have to pre record some of his segments and to react to some breaking news. I would piece his voice together from old shows. I'm sure that'll solve it.
Speaker 1: Whatever, whatever it takes, whatever it takes, that's the yah. Fine. I was the first AI creator in broadcasting history. You were ahead of your time. Virtual Clay, who's there. I did love Clay's take. I gave him a tip of the headphones this week when he talked about his take on Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh man, that boy, he got it. Boy, he got a lot of shit over there.
Speaker 1: The reason Caitlin Clark is getting attacked is because of sexuality. Because the WNBA is seventy percent lesbian. It's just it's just a while.
Speaker 4: Did you read the comments holy shit style.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's for.
Speaker 1: But I said Clay actually was being conservative. It's actually a big seventy five percent, So I think he went low on that, but it was just funny.
Speaker 3: I would say some of that is changing a little bit because like that Cameron Brink girl, who we've talked about, some of the girls now are more like ig models. You know, they're posing for pictures. They have cake face, and they seem like they're attracting men. That's different than it used to be for the WNBA.
Speaker 1: It is odd, though, that it took the people that run the WNBA thirty years to figure out what sells the number one product that people love to look at and to spend money on. They just figured that out, Danny, Yeah, attractive women. They just now figured that out.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the year eighteen fifty one.
Speaker 1: I have noticed that the WNBA is spending more resources on feeding content to social media, which is not a bad move. It's not a bad move. Little Birdie tells me that they have a marketing strategy which includes really brilliantly. I was talking to a radio friend of mine this week about this. It's none of these idiots on radio me included or talking about WNBA games, because who cares about the games. It's the behind the scenes story, the drama, O rama. That's the stuff that people are interested in. It's not so much the outcome, because who the hell's watching these games? Maybe Caplin Clark girl fights. It's catfights, is what it is, and people love that they I said this on my show the other day, and I believe it because I was at the dispersal draft. When they started the WNBA, I was, as I said, I was not there by choice. I was assigned by the mighty sixth ninety to be there the station I worked for in San Diego. They said, we want you to cover this. Get some audio. So it was at the Forum in the place Jerry Buss used to bring his girlfriends in the Forum club say what? And they had a news conference and the person I forget who it was when the sparks got up there and said, we just want you to cover us like the men. Just give us a chance, just cover us like you cover the NBA, and we'll do the rest. And it took thirty years and now they're getting covered like the men, and they hate it. All their complaining it's not fair, you know it. It's sexist, and you know ism this and ism that, and it's just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Well we need them to start objectifying men and taking cocaine.
Speaker 1: Then, well, according to Clay, some of them do, but anyway, or maybe not many of them, I guess.
Speaker 3: Really quick, Can I tell you ninth grade, there was a girl fight that was epic on our high school campus, right by the lunch benches. Two girls holding each other's hair lying on the concrete. One of them, she tore her shirt a little bit and a breast this was sticking out like a boob popped out clevenger.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was one of the you know I had at that time, ninth grade. I hadn't seen a lot of breasts in my life yet, so.
Speaker 1: This was a very memorable experience.
Speaker 3: Oh not just for me. The school talked about this for two three weeks. It was the best fight of the year. This is exactly what people like about the w NBA. More girl fights.
Speaker 1: And the thing too about women fighting is they go much harder, much faster than guys. Right, they'll go immediately to hair pulling and biting, where guys. My experience with guys is they want to keep them machismo. So it's a lot of fists. It's not you don't want to bite, that's below you, you know, and you don't want to. Most guys don't have long enough hair to pull anyway.
Speaker 3: We don't want to see any torn clothes on men. But when the girls tear each other's clothes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to. You don't want to interfere, you know, let the ladies be ladies and do what they want to do. Let's get to the mail bag. It's all right, thank you very much, ohio al. These are actual letters sent in by actual listeners. You can fill up the mailbag Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com if you'd like to be part of the festivities. Mike writes in in Titan Nation, Fullerton. He says, Hi, Ben and Danny, g I'm starting to get impatient with these fat cat NBC executive I hope to hear they renewed Benny Versus the Penny for another season at double the pay soon. Doesn't it make sense for the show to keep going until the Penny beats you and Danny? If they wanted you for next season, not as Tom Looney's replacement, but as the voice of the cartoon penny, would you sign up for that? Sign Mike in Fullerton.
Speaker 4: Does the Penny have a voice? Well?
Speaker 1: We could add that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, because I've heard Looney say he's the voice of the Penny.
Speaker 1: So then he says a lot of things.
Speaker 4: He says a lot, wears a lot of things too.
Speaker 1: Does a lot of My favorite moment from the show, I shouldn't say my favorite. One of my top five moments was when we showed up to record the show at Universal Studios and we go through, you know, get the makeup on, which we had to do ourselves, get the makeup on. We sit in the chair and I look over to my left where Looney's sitting, and he's wearing a green shirt. And if you don't know what happens in television, you know this thing we.
Speaker 4: Call it floating heads.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we sit behind a green screen. They put graphics behind us, and Looney decided to wear a shirt that was mostly green for a TV show with a green screen. The guys, our producer, Vinnie and Boston. The guys are like, uh yeah, Tom, I don't know it's gonna work. I don't think we can.
Speaker 3: Dude, I would love to voice over the penny. I'd be like, fuck you, Ben, you mf for you piece. Let's turn the penny into the real star.
Speaker 1: All right, No word yet. I have had some meetings with the NBC people. I've had some conversations and things are positive. But that was also prior to them spending a couple billion on the NBA, so they might have spent all their money on the NBA and have no money left over for Benny versus the penny. Hopefully that is not the case. Alf from Coop's Recycle Bin right said from Coop's Recycle Bin, he says, are cupcakes just glorified muffins? Were the better publicist? And are they donuts? Says Alf the Alien Opiner.
Speaker 4: He's really on this donut thing lately now.
Speaker 1: Like a cupcake is an appetizer of a cake, to see how that works. Like the cinnamon roll is a cousin, first cousin of the donut, but it's in the donut family.
Speaker 4: Still incest.
Speaker 1: Well, you can call it what you want. It's delicious, it's wonderful. And I was supposed to make cinnamon rolls last weekend and I got lazy and I didn't do it. I made I made some sugar cookies instead, but gonna I was gonna make a nice set of cinnamon rolls, and I just I didn't have time. And this weekend I didn't do it either, because I'm a bad person and all that. But cupcakes, big cupcake guy, the key to the cupcake frosting, the key to a cupcake frosting.
Speaker 3: That's really the only good part the top of the cupcake and the frosting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if we made cupcakes that were very small but had a large top for the frosting. You know what I mean, Like little mushroom cupcakes, like a Seinfeld episode. My idea, You want a muffin or not? Peach, make a fortune, make an app killing Right next up on the mail bag, Scott writes in third Rail about my third rail, All right now, he sent me this email to the regular email address. I told him we would address this on the podcast, and this goes to a very deep dark place, Danny, But I want to address it. I want to address it. We're not going to run away from it, Scott writes, and he says, I have been listening to your show since Danny g was still part of the weeknight show. I know I'm not the longest listener, but I was loyal, he says, was loyal Danny. Now I have seen the trend take hold of the show as it is done throughout sports and the world. Scott says. The show's producer is now a woman sexist who knows absolutely nothing about sports. He says, refuses to learn about the show or be a part of it.
Speaker 4: Wait, there's a second, I'm out of here.
Speaker 1: He says. There's no more drops, no more malor music, no keeping the memories alive. Scott says the callers are atrocious. Well, they've actually always been atrocious and are given way too much airtime. They've also always been given way too much.
Speaker 4: Of Some of the callers were great when I was.
Speaker 1: There, to the point of not doing the game shows. He's upset by that. I don't know, but I'm guessing people would rather hear Malard's Mountain of Money or Sports Jeopardy over what Marcel had for dinner. Yes, after finding a way through all that, you broke the camel's back with a w NBA monologue. Scott says, wasn't bad enough that, Eddie, And then he says, no, very little about hockey, was giving WNBA scores over legit sporting events scores. But now you have fallen into the wokness. Scott says, I know my opinion matters little and this will be brushed aside, but I I wanted to let you know that as a member not officially sworn in of the Malad Militia, I am hurting and I'm guessing I'm not the only one. Please stop forcing the woke down our throat. Spend Thank you for your time that has signed Scott. There's a lot here. There's a lot to unpack on this one. Danny first, he nailed it. Let's just say that you got the essence of the show. It is true. I love Lorena. She's a wonderful addition to the show. I disagree with your points. She doesn't know anything about sports. She's open about that, and I'm fine with that. Her job is not to know about sports. Her job is to make sure we don't lose the license. Her job is to hit the buttons and all that.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: She just started here, and I would like to think that she'll put the effort in. She doesn't really know the history of the show. She never listened to the show. She's had no idea what we do here because she's not a sports fan or whatever, and so she's learning as she goes here.
Speaker 4: So do you listen to Fox Sports Radio? Nope, I've never heard it. You're hired on staff immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen. That's not my decision, but whatever.
Speaker 3: And you know, I've been open and honest about her from the start. I told the mallor militia. She's open to learn and that right there, Ben, that's priceless, right because most people come in here with their head filled with thoughts of that they're the shit and they don't need any training.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Like there's this weird situation with their drops. I've had many engineers on the show and other places I've worked, and some have been great. Some have played way too many drops. Others have played not enough. Oh, if Roberto hit that ding one more time, I was going to ding him in the head.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've had people email me that stopped listening because Roberto kept hitting the bell. They got upset about that. Now people are upset they don't hear the bell. You can't win, all right, you can't win more cow bell. Yeah. Like I would like to think that Lorena would kind of get that. We like certain drops that I love mixing in caller drops and making that a part of the show, and just little things, not too much, not too much, but you know, just show me you're paying attention. You know. I feel like sometimes if you don't do that, you're just watching TV in the other room, and you got me the sound down on me, and you've got the TV on and that's it, which has happened. By the way, I've had board ops that were running my board watching television, not paying attention to the show, and I know that. Oh yeah, to not here just just absolutely wonderful.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I would like to think she'll play some more of the stuff. I've encouraged her to play more Malord songs. She has not decided to do that yet. Unfortunately. Uh, maybe maybe it's just me. I've I've encouraged Eddie not to give two week old hockey scores. He still does, So I don't know. I mean, maybe I just have to change my approach everyone.
Speaker 3: I'm so start asking him to not give w NBA scores cause I have. Yeah, we because we made that point earlier on this podcast. Who gives a shit about this? We want to hear about the drama.
Speaker 1: He claimed he was told by management that he has to.
Speaker 4: Give the score that's blowney.
Speaker 1: He claimed that that is a mandate from above.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that they would like Caitlin Clark news and Angel Reese news and stuff like that, but the scores.
Speaker 1: Really, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Fox doesn't have the contract with the WNBA exactly, I.
Speaker 1: Don't get it, but yet Eddie, he does it all the time, and he doesn't give out the thing that drives people nuts, and I get it. He won't give out all the baseball scores, but he'll give out every WNBA. Sho Oh, did you follow up on your homework for the Royal? I did, yes, And he's starting to give the Royal score. Thank god, he is starting to give the Royal score.
Speaker 4: He is all right.
Speaker 1: Next, Thank you, Scott. I'm sorry that I've upset you, but I promise you that that one WNBA monologue that I did, which wasn't even a full monologue, was not because I've gone woke. I just was mocking the WNBA, and I think I'm allowed to do that. And Scott, this is heartfelt. Give Ben another two weeks. It could only get worse. Yeah, yeah, wait till I do a deep dive on volleyball. I'll be doing a volleyball monologue coming up in a little bit. Next up is Kwang in Vietnam. He says, I love hearing about your excursions Ben and Danny and Ben, I liked hearing about your trips to Minnesota and South Carolina, et cetera, especially getting recognized at the rental car dealership. I believe I heard you say you're currently in a rental now as well. Yes, got into a wreck, as we talked about on the Saturday podcast, and so I'm driving a rental right now with South Dakota plates. And Quainn says it got me to thinking, did you know that the arrow next to the gas plump icon on the dashboard in case which side the gas tank is located?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Did you?
Speaker 1: I have some people still don't know about it.
Speaker 4: A bunch of losers.
Speaker 1: Little hack. If you get into a car, a rental car, get that little er arrow there, little arrow that tells you which way you need to go. Of course, there's most gas stations like Costco, it doesn't really matter when you pull up to a pump because the cord will go around the car. The gas pump will reach wherever we are, so it doesn't matter. But in some stations they don't have that, so you better off.
Speaker 4: I'll say that I never knew what that aerro meant. What do you think it means?
Speaker 1: The car leans more to the right or the left. It's on the right wing of the left poing of the political spectrum. Ozzi Waz writes in from That's and Harsh Western Australia, It says big Man and Danny g a little fun fact to start. Australia has the world's longest golf course, and he says, mentions, he mentions it measures thirteen hundred and fifty kilometers. He says, I've done the male math. That's eight hundred and forty five miles long across two states from Western Australia to South Australia. And yes, it's only eighteen holes. That can't be right. Eight hundred and forty five miles long.
Speaker 3: There's no way those numbers were given by the same executives that did the breadsticks for olive garden.
Speaker 1: I says, two states from Western Australia to South Australia. My question is how old were you when you got blind drunk for the first time. Well, I actually I got drunk in my early twenties for the first time. The trunkist I've ever gotten was while doing radio. Actually, we got preempted. I've told this story over the years a few times, but we got preempted for women's hockey at the Olympics in like ninety eight or something. Like that.
Speaker 4: So you're woke way back then.
Speaker 1: Well, we were. So it was like a trial sport at the Olympics or something, as I remember it might not I think it was ninety eight, but it was somewhere in the nineties. They were trying out women's hockey, and my boss at the radio station decided to carry the network feed.
Speaker 4: Oh smart, great, great on the radio.
Speaker 1: Women's hockey really on the pulse of what the listener to radio wants to hear in Los Angeles. So he said, listen, I'm not sure when the games get in. I'm almost ninety nine percent sure you won't be on the air, but I just need you to stay in the area just in case. So me and the guys I was doing the show with, we all went across the street to adults and got hammered.
Speaker 3: That place was famous and he should have used the word stay in the area, sober.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't say that. So we went across and just got hammered. And I'm not a big drinker. I wasn't in I'm not now, and we just went for it. We were like, god, man, we're doing a night show in LA. We're getting pre empted by women's hockey. I mean, this is this is a new luw Right. We're contemplating everything, like we got to find new careers and all this stuff. After drinking for several hours, we get a text or actually no, it was a call. We don't in those days, we don't have text message. He was a call we need you guys to come back. We think you're gonna be on the air for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Twenty minutes, your beeper went off, so.
Speaker 1: We staggered across the street, use the dump button quite a bit. But that was the drunkestuf'f in. But I asked in my early twenties, what about you, Danny? Same for me early twenties. It was at a radio station club night, and normally I didn't drink at those things because I was busy m seeing and helping to run the door. The whole operation was my responsibility kept a clear head because money was involved. But as you know, account executives and the biz we call them aes aes, and some sponsors get greedy. Sometimes the Saturday night was going so well, they said, hey, let's add a Sunday night club night. And I'm thinking it's gonna go out on a Sunday night, R and B night like a chill Sunday night. You know you can't argue with them. They book you to come out. I'm thinking in my mind, no one's going to be there.
Speaker 4: Get there.
Speaker 3: It was like me and ten hardcore listeners. Yeah, crickets on the microphone. I said, well, let's sit around the bar and drink and have a good time. Boy did we drink and have a good time. And here's the worst part. I drove the station vehicle back to the radio station. Oh yeah, I should not have done that. That was a mistake I think about sometimes. Thank god. The radio station was just down the street from this bar. I get to the radio station and I vomit all up in the staff bathroom.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, my insides are on from it. But you made it to the toilet. You didn't bar fall over?
Speaker 4: No, thank god, I made it to the toilet.
Speaker 1: Turn the car off. I think you're good on that. The Statute of limitations as well, Thank you, Ozzie Wiz. I love that. What a character. Yeah, bloody rue. I learned that this week. Danny bloody roo, which is their way of calling someone stupid bloody roo, kangaroo bloody rudy, buddy Rue.
Speaker 3: I gonna say sometimes as a kid, you need to make a mistake like that to learn, oh shit, I should never get behind a wheel like that. I'm never gonna do it again. And that's the only time in my life that I dan and drove.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm the opposite where like I don't. I've never done it because I have this voice in my head of my mother Benjamin like, I have one drink. I'm like, I was like five hundred pounds almost at one point I would have a drink. I think, okay, that's one drink. I'm gonna be drunk. I can't drive. I gotta wait three hours. And I'm like, well, and then I looked on the internet and he said, well, no, at that weight, I could have had like fifteen drinks and I probably would have been fine. You know. It's like one of those one of those deals. Next up on the mail bag. But before we move on, Ozzie w Wash any of our listeners. We have a bunch of people in Australia that listen to the radio show because it's actually not on at night there because it's the time difference, and also this podcast so if you want to send me some other slang phoe drizzle. What I really need is Australian slang that is American radio friendly that I can use instead of saying bad words because they don't allow me to words on terrestrial radio. So I need ways to say the F word, the S word. If you have Australian versions of that, like bloody rooe. Great way to call someone an idiot. You're bloody roo I love it, So let us know. Email me Real Fifth hourgmail dot com. Superfan Angelina writes in she also sent us the word that we used or the phrase that we used yesterday. She says, I've been and Danny, it's been a while since I have written. Always always listening, enjoying the podcast and the daily show. She wanted to let us know big news here that there's a brand new tractor supply store that just recently opened. And this is how big a fan of this show Angelina is. She said she went there on a recon in western Wisconsin, kind of near the Minnesota border there, and she says she's boots on the ground reporting back. Angelina that she did not see any cocks in front of the store, so there are no at detractor supply store in beautiful western Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: You love metal cocks.
Speaker 1: I was attracted to the giant metal cock. Well, that was I was impressed by the size. I was impressed by I'm not gonna lie, Danny, that was a big cock. I was impressed. That's a drop. Well, good news is we talked earlier. Our friend Lorena drops anymore.
Speaker 4: She does.
Speaker 3: In fact, I have about three hundred drops out of context, and.
Speaker 1: I was impressed by the size. But I'm not gonna lie Danny. That was a big cock. I want to go back to that guy what's his name, Scott, who now hates everything about the show and thinks I've gone woke. There is some freedom, There is a bit of freedom, and knowing that Lorena does not put drops in that I can pretty much see anything I want. Right now, I'm going to talk be It will not be saved because you you Jack asked Danny and uh and Jake before you and Roberto anything I said anything out of context, you assholes, because we context because we all knew what you did in Lax parking lots. He blew me off at a hotel near l a X. Your Dix and Dayton, that's what you are? You said your dicks? Anyway? Who else do I have? Have? Fred in Florida writes, and he says, Ben and Danny, I heard your story from the Intersection take Over this past week. Oh the one we did last week about the Intersection street takeover very dramatic. Which one of you would be better? I think? Didn't we have that question last week?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember we agreed that neither of us would do it around people. But I did do donuts in an empty parking lot.
Speaker 1: All I have a stack of emails. I guess I put that one back in the stack. Bat job by Meed. Who else do we let's see page do? JJ and Toledo right? Since, Hey guys, Ben, why did you get so upset this week at Eddie for giving hockey scores during Puck the World? I enjoy his segment. Thanks, thanks for the show well, JJ in Toledo. The reason I got upset is because what we do is broadcasting, not narrow casting, as we like to say, Danny. And the one advantage we have in live terrestrial radio is talking about what's going on right now and what's about to happen. And I love Eddie, and I've worked with Eddie for many years, but I do not believe and you cannot convince me that it is in the best interest of the show to give hockey scores that are ten days old. It's just not it's not in the age of the Internet. Maybe back when I started in radio, when the Internet wasn't really big a big thing and it was just kind of in.
Speaker 3: The wait, why would you even do that Back in the day though, before this real time stuff we're used to now, I didn't want to hear ten day old scores.
Speaker 1: No, I agree, So I did get a little too upset at Eddie, and then Eddie said, well, I was setting the scene, like we really don't need to do that to set the scene. But it's just a disagreement, an editorial disagreement. My belief is that you talk about what's coming up and what's happening in the moment, but you don't talk about stuff that's old because people turn the dial, they turn on another channel on iHeart the iHeart app or they turned the old radio dial, or they stopped listening, or they fast forward the podcast. So that's just my take. Maybe I'm wrong, Maybe I'm wrong on that. I always try to stay in the moment that the things we talk about are relevant to that news cycle, or there are things that are still at the very tip of the tongue and like old score. So yeah again, but thank you JJ for your concern. I think Eddie's okay. Every time I tell Eddie anything, he thinks I'm just being sarcastic anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I can say anything there, just being sarcastic. Yea.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's only a few days old, but the Celtics beat the Mavericks in Game one of the NBA Finals. Just wanted to report that. Are you sure about that, Danny?
Speaker 1: Are you positive?
Speaker 3: Positive? I just want to report that for everybody. And Game two is later today five pm on the West Coast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they needed all that time off. You know, God forbid you play. I have one one day off and then play. Can't I can't do that anyway, Nick and Reggie and all you other guys. Reggie had a question about Rob Parker's station. What do you want us to stay Rob? I'm happy for Rob.
Speaker 3: Oh Ben, there's an open slot for you at that all black radio station. They're doing a feature called white Boy Wednesday, and I feel like you'd be the greatest, greatest guest for that. Also, for our Jewish friends, there is a Jewfro Friday.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so white Boy Wednesday and Juwfro Friday.
Speaker 1: I thought it was Hebrew Tuesday. I didn't know it. I had no idea about that. Mexican Monday. Do they have that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, I love the Mexican people. We kid because we care, of course, But thank you, Reggie, and Rob said.
Speaker 3: When I asked Rob about white Boy Wednesdays. By the way, he said, there's like a hundred all white boy radio stations.
Speaker 1: Racist. Uh oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I have a wonderful rest of Sunday. I'll be back tonight talk more about the NBA Finals. I would assume eleven pm in the West.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Game two.
Speaker 1: You think the MAVs are going to come back tonight? Well, game two is the pivot point, right. Game two is the pivot point because if you don't win game two, then all of a sudden, you have to win game three. So yeah, this is a big spot. The game will be close. How about that much closer than what we saw where Dallas came out or just came out not flat in the first like three minutes, but then once the Celtics went full brottle that.
Speaker 3: They gave up in the second quarter. They did come back in the third quarter. I think they were down by what eight before Boston continued to stomp on them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was really the end of the first quarter in the game on back on Friday night. Anyway, have a wonderful, wonderful rest of your Sunday. Thank you. Remember send us questions for next week's mail bag. We're here every weekend. We've got the radio show. I've got the overnight show. During the week, Danny's got you covered. You're with Colvino and Rich all week. Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Monday, we'll have a good afternoon show from two to four pm on the West Side and that's five to seven pm. And beautiful Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA.
Speaker 1: All right, having a great day. We'll talk to you then later.
Speaker 4: Skater got a murder. I gotta go.