Speaker 1: You heard from uh Brandon and George that the offense may have won today's practice.
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: Those offensive guys, boy, I'll tell you what we won today. So don't let's not get that uh misunderstood defense one. Today they had a good couple of plays, you know, especially you know Purdies back out there ripping. It looks great, exactly what you would like to see out of the offense.
Speaker 4: Uh, it was a horrified battle. I'd say, finding.
Speaker 1: Practice, you might imagine that it wouldn't be hard for it because there's nothing to prepare for this weekend.
Speaker 5: But I mean, did you, you know, personally, make.
Speaker 1: Sure that there was intensity so that those pec those guys might say something like that.
Speaker 4: After a practice. I'm always trying to stir the pot.
Speaker 2: I'm always trying to get the juices going, you know, before the practice starts, you you start playing seeds, you know in each guy. Hey, Brandon, we're gonna see you know, uh I George, I don't know if it Brock he's been away for a while.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's playing seeds man, you know, And then that's how he create that competitive atmosphere out there. It's all fun and games.
Speaker 5: That's some pretty notable coaches stepped down this weekend. And when Bill Walsh was here, he used to say, he can coach for a place for ten years and everybody's heard everything, and then you should move on. You've been with Kyle for six years now. I'm curious what's he done to keep things fresh? Is he a lot much the same as the guy when you got here? Does he do things differently? How is he ad justin adapted?
Speaker 4: I mean he's for sure the same guy, just better.
Speaker 2: Every year he's gotten better as a coach, just like he expects all his players to get better.
Speaker 4: His big thing is he really getting better getting worse?
Speaker 2: And with Kyle just being so true and authentic to himself and having had the experiences that we've had as a team, and you know, losing in the big games, starting not having slow starts to seasons, you know, he always looks and reflects back, reflects back on those prior years and like those skull that you earn, it's like, all right, how do we get better from that? Like what what did we learn from that in order to be better going forward? So every year, going into every season, there's always something new that we got to like work on and get better at to attain what we're trying to do here, you know what I'm saying. And so that's that's something that he's done a great job of every year, just continuing to get better as a coach and a leader for us.
Speaker 4: At How do they help you this time of year getting ready for another another platform? Yeah, man, I mean you you always remember those moments.
Speaker 2: I think it's important during those times like last year in Philly and you see the confetti coming down, you see them with their hats and T shirts on the stage, they're happy, and you're standing there, You're watching it all happen, and I could put myself right back there in this moment. And the the part that sucks is like you can't just blinking your right back into having an opportunity to go back and do it again, you know what I'm saying. And so you start from ground one OTA's mini camp, training camp. You know, you gotta you gotta build the team back up again, and it feels like just yesterday we were doing that.
Speaker 4: But you blink and you we're here, like it's the start of playoffs and you're here.
Speaker 2: You're here, right back where you wanna be with an opportunity to go do something special with the right type of guys. And uh, I think that's what the scars are for. You remember those moments, So it's like, how can I not give my all to this? How can I not make sure it's everything to me, my teammates obviously the coaches, And that's that's what those scars are for.
Speaker 3: The way you guys lost que unique way you guys lost last year? Did that sort of different type?
Speaker 2: Oh me, Yeah, it was kind of mixed emotions, right cause it felt like we never even had a chance to get going. We never had a chance to really like feel like we could compete in that game. Like we don't get me wrong, Like in the moment, we're feeling like, man, we could we could still do this, We could do anything, like especially the way that we finished last season. Hadn't w hadn't lost a game in forever, and it didn't matter if Brock went down or Josh went down. We were like, man, defensively, we're thinking, we just can get oh how many touchdowns on defense if we need to score, Like that's the mindset in that moment, and then you look back afterwards like we never had a chance, you know, and so it's like, just give us an opportunity where we're able to compete in that situation again, and and then we'll see.
Speaker 6: Obviously there's still some faces missing at practice, But is it kind of energizing to get like Urgarnstead, Gyre Brown, every Thomas.
Speaker 4: Georgia, the etcetera.
Speaker 5: Back today?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So good?
Speaker 2: Uh so good to see those guys out there in the uniform. You talk about a guy like Eric and how how big he is for us, uh and what we do. Just to see him in the uniform again today was great. Uh, gire band back. So it's just good to get everybody back out there moving around so that when the time comes next week when we need him, that everybody's ready to go. Right.
Speaker 4: You guys been banging heads since July.
Speaker 3: I thought maybe your best collective game was off the pot, the Jacksonville game.
Speaker 4: How do you feel with.
Speaker 3: The rest and how much do you think that rest is gonna help you guys in the division round?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really helpful. I I feel great, you know, I think the rest is much needed. And you talk about a lot of guys and didn't play many snaps in this past game either, So it's almost like you're taking two weeks of just letting the body recover and then mentally getting your mind right for what we got ahead. And I do think it'll be advantageous. And you mentioned it after that bye week and during the season, we came out flying, and we got to make sure we do the same thing this time.
Speaker 1: Jase Young might have an expanded role here in the first two games. What do you see from him since he got here in late October early November.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think just came in. It was exactly the type of guy that we.
Speaker 2: That we want, you know, and being a forty nine er, and he bought right into what we were doing. You know, you talk about he he already had ingraining him, like little things like running to the football, playing with that violence, like the stuff that you that we asked our guys to do, and on top of the talent and the ability that he has, and he just continued to get better, you know. And I think he's bought into his role too, Like he's not he's not like a me guy. It's like, oh this is my bag year, this this that like he wants to win. He wants to win a ring as bad as anybody here, So I'm really excited for him, uh in the postseason.
Speaker 6: Perhaps it just said that he plays his best football in the playoffs. Obviously that's the goal of everybody on the team. But what do you see from him on these home stretches when you're in the postseason and he's right in front of you.
Speaker 2: I think he plays his best ball year round, you know, And I think, Uh, you wanna be a guy known for being consistent, uh, no matter what the situation is.
Speaker 4: But of course you want your you want your best uh ball to be played in at in this moment.
Speaker 2: And the way that you do that is you continue to do things that that you've done right to get you to this point. You know, you don't have to do something out of out of the ordinary to all of a sudden be playoff you know, such and such. It's like, just do the things that have brought you success up to this point, and that's the things that are gonna be able. It's the little things, you know. So a lot of teams they lose games this time of year. It's not about winning, it's about not losing the game. So we just gotta be on top of the details. Those little things, I think is what's gonna carry us to where we wanna go.
Speaker 3: Right, if you're talked about how play about playoff intends to be and how you know, in the regular season, you might see a guy like a pass rusher, like oh he he only turns it on on third down, or or you know, these guy dosn't try this. But then in the playoffs everyone is into it. He as he said, everyone's playing like Max Crosby.
Speaker 4: I like that. Yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I I guess does that resonate with you? And is it a much higher level than a regular you know, we game game.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's for sure a much a much higher level in terms of his winner go home. This isn't a g a seven game series.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's not the best team that wins the trophy at the end. You know, and in basketball you usually got a few chances to get it right when you've got the best players, But it doesn't matter if you got the best team. I feel like we've had the best team the last three four years and we still haven't gotten a ring. It wasn't about us having the best team. It's about how good can you play in those three hours that you're allotted out there? And that's the team that usually, uh is happy at the end of the year. And so the guys that turn it on for the playoffs, I don't really Uh, that's not something that I can truly like respectfully. I feel like if you just not turning it on, where were you all the way through from all the you know, the eighteen s eighteen weeks prior to that, so you know, we'll see. I think our guys are made of the right stuff. We've we've been going at it for the last eighteen nineteen weeks and uh, we're made of the right stuff. We just gotta make sure we play our best ball for three hours.
Speaker 5: Be watching the.
Speaker 6: Games impartially or will you be having any rooting interests? Maybe for to go but other maybe Mike, but other than that, any any partiality?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I'm uh.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to watch, just as a as a football fan, excited to watch and obviously seeing who we play. But I hope everybody loses, you know, I hope everybody loses.
Speaker 4: And and then who knows, and then we won't have to play. I'm just kidding. They're good good, alright, guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks,