Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour.
Speaker 2: Two on this Monday, Dan and the Dan Nuts Dan Patrick Show come on in stay awhile Ross Tucker will stop by, recap what we saw over the weekend and get you ready for the Texans and the Steelers coming up tonight eight seven, seven to three. DP Show operator Tyler sitting by best and Worst of the weekend, as we always do every Monday. Good Morning, those watching on Peacock or the NBC Sports Network. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of this program. Got a pull question for hour two, got a couple of stats of the day as well, and got a little bit of information. It's kind of a hedge by Adam Schefter. He says that the Packers and Matt Lafleur are leaning towards working on a contract extension. So I don't know if you're leaning towards working out, Are you working on a contract extension or you might be so kind of hedging your bets there with if something doesn't happen, Well, they were leaning towards working on it, so right now, it doesn't really feel like that's much of a report.
Speaker 3: Yes, Paul, if.
Speaker 4: You're Matt Leaflora's agent, did you call this morning with the friendliest offer to extend your client the packers could.
Speaker 3: Receive well their meeting today.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm saying is when you go to that meeting or you start working on it, you make it a friendlier deal than you may have for the packers to get done quickly before they could have chances to talk to other people.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing they've already talked to other people. I'm guessing, but I don't know. If I go in there and say, hey, I didn't do a very good job, I'm going to take less. I don't think you can go in there with your hat in your hand. I think you got to go in there and just say, hey, you know I want we got to get over the hump here and with a healthy roster, and we learn from these mistakes, and you know we're going to be the team to beat in the NFC next year. I firmly believe that now he might say, I don't want my client to be a lame duck coach where he's coaching in the last year of his contract.
Speaker 3: That would be the part.
Speaker 2: If I'm the agent that I would say, hey, let's just not hang him out to dry here where every loss, every press conference is going to be about coaching for your job. If you're comfortable with my client, then let's sign him up. We want to stay here, and we truly believe in this organization, in this team, in this city, in this fan base.
Speaker 3: And you know, it still goes back to, Okay, who were you bringing in? Now?
Speaker 2: If John Harbaugh is coming in, then you're not leaning towards working out a deal. If you've already made up your mind that you want to go all in on John Harbaugh. Okay, but if you don't get him, then what poll question for hour two seton? Uh?
Speaker 3: Actually, we'll clean up what we did in hour one.
Speaker 5: Well, I think we just start right there. Who would be is it the better coach for the Packers Matt Leflora, John Harbaugh or who would be the best coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll go back to what I said last hour. If John Harball hasn't gotten a two time MVP over the Hump, what leads you to believe he'll do that with Jordan Love and the Packers? That would be the question that I would have. We love to move on we love change, you know, get rid of that guy. Who were we bringing in? I don't know, but you got to get rid of Mike McDaniel. Okay, who are you bringing in? If you don't get John Harbaugh who you're bringing in?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: That doesn't mean you can't take a chance like Jacksonville did on Liam Cohen and that worked out. But I don't think there's a track record that says and John Harball I think has one more games than all but eleven coaches in NFL history.
Speaker 3: I think he's twelfth on the all time victory.
Speaker 2: List victory list, but that doesn't he had a two time MVP at quarterback and had no playoffs success. Where's Matt Lafleur rank As far as his salary.
Speaker 4: It's estimated that he makes over five million dollars a year, which, while it's good, he's ranked eighteenth of current coaches. He signed his extension in twenty twenty two, so a ton of coaches have been signed since then for ten plus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's on the low half. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, almost seems like a bargain at five million dollars. But I can't have him be elamed. You either have to keep him or move on. You can't do that sort of pregnant like. No, it's either you're our guy, give him the total commitment that you know we're with.
Speaker 3: You, or you move on from him.
Speaker 2: A seven to seven three DP Show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. So Ross Tucker will join us coming up here in a little bit. Cindy in California, Good morning, Cindy, what's on your mind?
Speaker 7: Good morning? See first time, longtime, longtime Packers fan. I just wanted to mention it seems like it's been kind of looked over that the Packers are missing their best tight end, Tucker Kraft and Michael Parson's best pass rusher. I think if they were healthy would be seeing a different picture. I think they probably could have beat the Bears and McManus if he had made one field full and an extra point, we wouldn't be having this conversation. They would have beat the Bears, or at least tightum gone into overtime or both field goals they would have won. Would we be having this conversation about Matt Lafleur.
Speaker 2: So well, you know that the report was if the Ravens, even if they made the playoffs. They were going to move on from John Harball. Now that sounds crazy, but that was the report that was out there. And maybe if the Packers are going to make a move, they would have made a move even if the Packers won that game.
Speaker 3: But you're up twenty one to three. That's part of the problem.
Speaker 2: So I can credit you for getting up twenty one to three, But man, can I put some blame on you because you let a double digit fourth quarter lead slip away?
Speaker 3: And it happened to the Bears. It happened against the Bears.
Speaker 2: David in Ohio, Good morning, David, Best and worst of the weekend?
Speaker 8: Hey, Dan, I got a best of the weekend. A question for Todd Best of the weekend was watching the Paully's Bears pull a eighteen point comeback against the Green Bay Packers, something they hadn't done since October twenty, two thousand and one, when Jim Miller led the Cardiac Bears back from nineteen down against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 9: And then my question for toddrop knowing.
Speaker 8: That he's his team is playing the Buffalo Bills next week, how many folding tables would you jump through to win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 10: This year. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh we're not having Todd jump through any folding tables.
Speaker 6: No, maybe maybe if they were made up some kind of nerve material, But even then i'd.
Speaker 2: Find it with Yeah, I can't. I can't run that risk of losing you getting impaled. Yeah, Paul, I.
Speaker 4: Would just like to see him unfold then refold the table. That accomplishment would be worth the Super Bowl.
Speaker 11: I'm dead serious.
Speaker 3: If he could take one of you unfold and fold up one of those tables.
Speaker 11: I could not say with the hundred percent confidence that I can eye.
Speaker 2: I truly believe that, I truly believe that. You know what, maybe we'll get one of those folding tables. We'll see what you can do. By the way, Todd has asked me four times already this morning about the psychic, the dog's psychic that I had on Friday night. Just want to let you know that my daughter and I she had her main coon cat, I had my dog Winnie. We spoke to a animal psychic. Now we didn't zoom. It was just over a phone call. But she did have pictures of our animals, and so she had a picture, a couple of pictures of Winnie and a couple of pictures of Kevin the cat, and she started with me with Winnie and for thirty minutes. She said, what kind of questions do you have that you want me to ask Winnie? I said, well, ask her if she loves me more than anybody else in the family.
Speaker 3: Who does she love most? Yes?
Speaker 2: And she said, yes, she does love you more than anybody like she is always by your side. She is codependent. She would sleep with you if she could. And then you know, you just ask a couple of different questions. You know, is she happy? You know what makes her nervous? You know what can I do better as an owner? And then I asked about her health at the end. So it's thirty minutes. And then the animal psychic then talk to my daughter about her cat, and she said, your cat thinks he is more important than anybody else in your household, which is true. He does walk around like everybody is beneath him. And you know, she had some insights there. I was trying to keep an open mind, and I thought it was beneficial, rewarding.
Speaker 3: And you know, if you want to find out something, you know, give it a shot.
Speaker 6: Yes, Ton, what cat doesn't walk around thinking he or she is the God's gift, and they have that attitude and that arrogance, like you know you could do no wrong, and that they're in charge.
Speaker 2: My son said the same thing, and I offered up two examples of previous cats that we had that didn't act like that. So, yes, cats do walk around like they're better than everybody, but I've had cats that did not that. They were kind of subservient. Yes, PAULI a couple of things. Animal psychic sounds like a news show on CBS. First of all, so this was not necessarily a psychic. This was more of a medium or a clairvoyant that could talk to the cat, almost like, yeah, someone who talks to the dead. Yes, because the cat jumps up on the counter sometimes, right, So.
Speaker 4: You had questions for your dog that the clairvoyant or medium could pass along and get information.
Speaker 10: Back to you.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: That's way different than I thought.
Speaker 2: And then we said, can you tell Kevin to stop jumping up on the kitchen counter? And then she said he said no about Kevin, and I mean that is Kevin. He would have said no, but uh, that was fun. It was a nice Christmas gift.
Speaker 5: Yes, when he just said, and oh, by the way, I like peanut butter, so a little more peanut butter.
Speaker 2: And I would I would have believed her if she's you know what she did say? I said, how's Winnie's diet? And the animal psychic goes, she would like some vegetables and fruit as well. I said, oh, okay, she goes carrots, some strawberries, banana. I said, wait, she's given you a grocery list here?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: Done?
Speaker 6: What percentage of confidence did you walk away with feeling like she actually spoke to these animals?
Speaker 11: And those were the responses.
Speaker 3: I tried to have an open mind, Todd, But.
Speaker 11: What is the final tally if you had a pop that being real?
Speaker 2: I believe in the psychic, kind of like Packer fans believing in Matt Lafleur.
Speaker 11: So just figure it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah you believe she believes it?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. And it was nice.
Speaker 2: It was you know, Friday night, and uh, I mean, what better way to kick off your weekend than talking to an animal psychic?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 6: What if you were to put the psychic on the spot said what exactly do I feed my dog?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 6: As far as the products that I choose when I go to the market. Would she be able to have you know, she just has to the dog, and the dog can say you know and be able to tell you exactly what it is. I might have gotten a little messy if you put it on the spot with that.
Speaker 3: That's not what I was supposed to do.
Speaker 11: Ton, Where do I take her for a walk? Exc what's the name? Thank you?
Speaker 10: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Ton?
Speaker 2: Rudy in Riverside, Hi Rudy. As we returned to our regularly scheduled program.
Speaker 9: Hey, how you guys doing, pat uh pat? Listen, I'm sorry I lost my train. I thought right when you when you got to me. I just wanted to say something for all the Niner fans. Bang Bang, Escalator Gang. It's not it's it's not house money. I mean, Kittle is already maybe not going to play next year. The CMC is a year older the the The Yorks didn't believe in the Niners enough not to not to go in free agency and get him a pass rusher. It's another year that they're not going to win. Now. The zombie Niners have played really good, but the Seahawks are probably gonna put it up to the ass and then the rounds will take Chicago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but nobody thought the Niners would have gonna get this far. Like they defied the odds. You know, It's like the Panthers, that was house money. You made it, you know, squeaked into the playoffs. The Niners with all of those injuries, and those injuries happened early in the season, and the fact that you were in Philly and you're a four and a half point I was surprised they were only a four and a half point underdog. But you know that tells you what Vegas thinks of the forty nine ers. But yeah, it felt like house money, and that's not a bad way to go. Seattle has all the pressure. Seattle's at home. You're the number one seed the Niners. This is house money. You're going in and you're not. You're a seven, seven and a half point underdog, So yes, this is house money. Do you want to win?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you expected to win?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 3: Is Seattle a better team? Yes?
Speaker 2: But so is Philadelphia and the Niners somehow found a way. Give credit to them. Give credit to them. All right, Uh more phone calls. We'll talk to Ross Tucker, our good buddy. He'll join us next. We're back After this Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Show, be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Tube Pros and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Coward, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show. Fox Sports Radio on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away age seven to seven three.
Speaker 2: DP show email address Dpadanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at DP show. Oh look at who's gonna be on the sidelines tonight in Pittsburgh The Texans and the Steelers Working for Westwood One Radio. It's Ross Tucker, CBS Sports College Football, NFL analyst and host of the Ross.
Speaker 3: Tucker Football Podcast. What do you expect to happen tonight?
Speaker 14: I expect to be really cold, Dan. I think it's a high of thirty seven. I am planning and plotting out how many layers I'm gonna be wearing right now.
Speaker 2: Is there a chance to have a jacket or coat that's similar to what Aaron Andrews was wearing yesterday?
Speaker 14: No, I don't, and in fact, I haven't even talked to my wife yet about what I'm gonna wear. I usually wear this like bright orange ski jacket because I try to get as much TV time as possible. Yeah, it's I'm trying to amuse myself, Dan, right, So anytime, everybody to follow me on social media at Ross Tucker NFL, so you see what I'm wearing.
Speaker 10: Because anytime a player goes out of bounds, I immediately go over there try to help them up. I try to get as much TV time as possible. Dan, for the brand, it's important, you know.
Speaker 2: Is Mike Tomlin I don't want to say is he coaching for his job? Because it feels like if he wants to continue to coach, he can in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Do you get that? Since thousand percent?
Speaker 14: Okay, I think that win against the Ravens was massive. I think if Mike Tomlin wants to be in Pittsburgh, he'll be in Pittsburgh. If tonight's a disaster, I think that there's a chance maybe he'll think it's.
Speaker 10: Time to move on. I tend to doubt it.
Speaker 14: I feel like they're going to probably bring back Aaron Rodgers, and I think that they believe, no matter what happens tonight, that they're close enough that maybe with Rogers next year, they could win a couple of playoff games and go on a run.
Speaker 10: I think Tomlin knows he.
Speaker 14: Can wait some other time to do TV, but I do think that'll be the transition. I think he'll do a Sean Payton sabbatical year at some point, where he does television for a year and then goes back to another team at some point.
Speaker 2: Well, your Eagles at home, with all of that talent, are staying at home for the playoffs. How surprised were you?
Speaker 14: You know, It's funny that you ask it in that way, because I am surprised specifically in that game, But if you watched every snap they played all year, you shouldn't be overly surprised because it's kind of how they played.
Speaker 11: All year, you know.
Speaker 10: I guess I thought Dan they had rested their guys. They were very healthy going into that one.
Speaker 14: Really, with the exception of Lane Johnson, the Niners were so beat up. The Niners had to play Seattle last week, and really, let's be honest, Seattle beat the crap out of them up front, both sides of the ball. It just kind of felt like the Eagles with that defense would be able to turn it on.
Speaker 10: I thought they'd win the game.
Speaker 14: I thought there was a chance they would kind of pull away in the fourth quarter. It's really remarkable if you think about it. I mean, brock Perty had two bad interceptions to Quinnon Mitchell, the Eagles didn't turn it over once. The Eagles sa Juan Barkley ran for over one hundred yards.
Speaker 10: And they still lost the game. And I'm sitting there calling the game with Iron Eagle, wondering how many guys for the forty nine ers right now would even start for the Eagles. I mean, it's it's like a handful, you know.
Speaker 14: I mean, Diamodor Lenore would probably start at the one. I'm not gonna go through all of them, but it's less than five. Maybe it's five, I don't know, it's not many guys for the forty nine ers would start for the Eagles, which is why I would say that game yesterday and this season and in particular are really a massive missed opportunity for the Eagles.
Speaker 10: You know, Dan, You've been doing this a long time. Windows are small.
Speaker 14: The Eagles have the best roster in the NFL probably again, and most of them are in their prime, and to not even win a playoff game, and in particular to lose at home to that beat up team, that's one that you know, people will look back on and say, how did that happen when we had that roster and that group of guys that they didn't go on any type of run in the postseason.
Speaker 3: Any fallout in Philadelphia.
Speaker 10: I think there will be a decent amount of changes. Yeah.
Speaker 14: I mean, if you think about it, a couple of years ago, when they had the disappointing ending, they moved on from both coordinators. They brought in Kellen Moore and Vic Fangio, and those were big factors in them going ahead and winning the Super Bowl year. They also were aggressive getting guys like Saquon Barkley and others. You know, certainly, it feels like they'll probably have a new offensive coordinator, right or wrong, You know, I think the perception is such that I'd be surprised if Kevin Patulo kept his job. It feels like it's run its course with aj Brown. Maybe not, we'll see. It's a pretty big dead cap hit if they trade him before June first. But there's certainly some significant changes along the way because.
Speaker 10: They know this. They're very smart.
Speaker 14: They know that this was a big, big, missed opportunity and that they only have a couple more years here with this core group being in their prime and having a chance to really make a run at this thing.
Speaker 3: What do you think happens in Green Bay?
Speaker 14: Well, so what's so interesting about that is, you know, I saw where Chefty tweeted that the Packers are to work out a deal with Lafleur, you know, over the next couple of days. I've never understood this stand I this absolute people being terrified of a coach going in the last year of his contract. Why why is that such a big deal? Because it's a talking point.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's a talking point about whether or not the guy is going to keep his job. Like if Lafleur gets a new contract and the Packers struggle, it's still going to be a talking point. I don't know.
Speaker 14: I've never understood why players going to last year of their contract all the time, and by the way, they have injury risk. But these organizations are so afraid. It's pretty clear that there's a little bit of consternation there with Lafleur's lack of playoff success.
Speaker 10: And so to give him some new deal for fifteen to twenty million dollars a year for four years, that doesn't really make sense to me. I mean, it's pretty clear that they want to see more results. Let them coach out the last year. Let him coach out the last year. When's the last.
Speaker 14: Time a coach was on a last year was contract? It went unbelievably.
Speaker 10: Well, he was a free agent and then he went somewhere else. That doesn't happen. That's not a thing.
Speaker 2: But you got the John Harbaugh question. So that's the curveball. With all of these openings and even openings that aren't open, potential openings, where do you think John Harball is going to end up?
Speaker 14: Ooh, you know, I think there's it's very it was very intentional that he wanted to see wait till this week to take any interviews because I think he believed that if Buffalo lost, maybe that one would have opened up, and that if Green Bay, you know, they're the potential there. It doesn't sound like that's gonna happen, but you know, there still could be a mutual parting of the ways there between the Packers and Matt Lafleur if those contract discussions don't go as well as they would like. So, I think those would have been the two that he would have strongly considered the most, just because you know, he's in this thing now to try to win Super Bowls. I mean, he's made a ton of money, He's been doing it a long time, and those are the two that would give him the best chance to do that. Other than that, it becomes fascinating. How does he feel about Jackson Dart, How does he feel about cam Ward? I mean, how's he feel about the Cleveland situation. I guess if he went to Cleveland, that would give him the opportunity to, I don't know, stick it to the Ravens if that's something he wants.
Speaker 10: To do, I don't know. You know, it's a big difference between where he's been and where he's going to go because he's going to go to a team that it's going to be kind of like a rebuild for Harball, and he never really had that. When he went to Baltimore, they had Ray Lewis and Ed Reid and all these guys and they made the playoffs that first year.
Speaker 14: We've never really seen John Harball have to take a bad team, you know, from the bottom and grow them up.
Speaker 10: To being a playoff caliber team. I don't even know.
Speaker 14: I guess we'll find out if that's where he lands with one of them, whether or not he can even do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I brought up you know, do you go to Tennessee because you have a franchise quarterback and you got cap room? But as you said, you know that's that's a process, that's a couple of years. And does he have the patience to build something? You know, when when Jim Harball was in the NFL, he had the Niners with a lot of talent, took him to a Super Bowl. Even with the Chargers. You don't jump to another or go to another job unless you go can I succeed? How long will it take to be formidable? Can we win a Super Bowl? And you bring up something great? He would love to add another Super Bowl there or at least compete for it. But I go back to, and I keep saying this over and over, is is he the kind of coach who gets you over the hump? Like how many coaches get a two time MVP but don't do much with them.
Speaker 14: Well, and what's so wild about that is that if Lamar won the MVP last year, like a lot of people thought he should, he'd be a three time MVP with three playoff wins. That's the thing that I think is puzzling about Hardball Dan. He won ten playoff games with Joe Flacco. Now they had a really good defense. Okay, multiple Hall of famers, we know, especially those first couple of years for Flaco, not as much you know when they won the Super Bowl. So Harball has proven that he can win at the highest level, and he won a super Bowl.
Speaker 10: But I mean, he's not gonna feel some back.
Speaker 3: It feels like Lamar gets the blame, not John Harbaugh.
Speaker 14: I think you're right, and there's a reason for that. It's because Harball had already won a Super Bowl.
Speaker 10: Okay. It's like we all have these boxes we check.
Speaker 2: So if Jelin doesn't have a Super Bowl, he's probably not the coach in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 14: I think that's probably true, although they've had three coaches since nineteen sixty nine. You know, they operate different than any other franchise.
Speaker 2: But if I say to a Steeler fan base, hey, you're not gonna win playoff games, but you're gonna be in the playoffs the next ten years with Mike Tomlin, the farthest you'll go is you'll win one playoff game a year a couple of time.
Speaker 10: Times.
Speaker 2: Do you think that Steeler fans are signing up for another ten and seven ninety eight barely make the playoffs and you're non threatening in the postseason. Absolutely not, okay, but they have.
Speaker 14: I live in central Pennsylvania. I'm close friends with a bunch of Steelers fans.
Speaker 10: Dan.
Speaker 14: There were Steelers fans that wanted them to lose to Baltimore because they're so fatigued with Tomlin. They're so sick of this a little bit better than mediocrity. They they're they're ready for a change.
Speaker 2: There's no question Patriots and the Chargers. Patriots you know, did just enough. You know, justin Herbert As if he didn't know that he didn't have a good offensive line, he was reminded that he doesn't have a good offensive line. But the Patriots are doing it with a defense that is kind of nondescript. It doesn't mean that they didn't they don't have talent there, or they didn't spend money. It's just they don't have those big names that we've seen before. So how do they how do they go to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 14: Probably somewhat similar to what they did last night, you know. And then they got to get Christian Zalas back because he's their best defensive player. And I thought Milton Williams stepped up, which they really needed. But it's gonna be Drake May ultimately, not just his arm but his legs. I thought Collinsworth made a really good point early in the game last night when he talked about the quarterback that ran it better, you know, would ultimately be the team that won.
Speaker 10: That was a major factor in the game.
Speaker 14: And by the way, Dan very surprised that Jalen Hurts did not run it more for Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: But that's been the whole year.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's he averaged like ten attempts this year, just over six. That seems by design or by choice.
Speaker 14: Yeah, no, And think about like, think about watching the Bills Jags and think about Josh Allen when it really comes down to it, and what he does with his legs and the immense.
Speaker 10: Advantage that is for the Bills, and you don't see that. It's funny.
Speaker 14: I was struck watching Herbert last night that he's sort of like he's like a poor man's Josh Allen. He's big, strong arm, can run. And I love Justin Herbert, but Dan, Josh Allen makes the plays in the critical games more often than not.
Speaker 10: Herbert doesn't. It's like he's what are the kids called. He's like store brand Josh Allen, you know, It's like he's They're they're very, very similar, except Allen comes through and makes the plays at much higher percentage than Herbert when physically they're almost mirror images of each other. It's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I asked Jim Harball this year, and I asked Justin Herbert, are you going to run more? Because we saw that at Oregon, we saw that in the Rose Bowl. He does have that ability. It's almost it feels like Josh Allen knows when he's going to run. Justin Herbert is kind of in the moment ready to run.
Speaker 10: That's a terrific point.
Speaker 14: It feels like Josh Allen sometimes decides before the play, and it feels like Josh Allen wills him stuff. I think he's a little heavier than Herbert, a little bit more agile, and I think he's a little bit faster.
Speaker 10: But it's just that little difference that is the difference.
Speaker 14: Josh Allen can put on Superman's cape more off than Herbert can.
Speaker 2: What happens at halftime with the Packers and the Bears that changes that game, I.
Speaker 10: Don't know, and I still can't figure out how that happened. I really can't.
Speaker 14: I mean, think, like, say this out loud. The Bears defense is not very good. They're really opportunistic. They got zero turnovers, Kayleb boys, they were one for four in the first half. On fourth down, Kayleb. Williams threw two picks in the red zone for the Bears, and the Bears won the game. I mean, if you just write down, like if you do.
Speaker 10: Bullet points or say it out loud, there is no way the Bears should have won that game. And yet the miskicks and whatever and they did it. It's just remarkable. What they done. I cannot wait for that Rams Bears game.
Speaker 2: Be careful on the sidelines, okay, because I know you're working the sidelines tonight. Don't get too close to the action where you get wiped out.
Speaker 10: Oh, I get way back as soon as they got to the numbers. I'm out of there. I'm actually coming.
Speaker 14: Back in to try to get my TV time while all the people that are clueless are backing up at the last second.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have a big yellow parka on tonight.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 14: My wife thinks it's unprofessional to wear my orange jacket, so you gotta you gotta follow me on social media at Ross Tucker, NFL. I might wear like a pea coat or something. Oh, that makes me see more professional.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Are you gonna wear a hat?
Speaker 10: No? No, like a newspaper delivery boy hat.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: No, like Tom Landry a Tom Landry hat. No.
Speaker 10: No, it's too cold. I gotta cover my ears. I'm gonna have like a you know, like a skull cap on. All right?
Speaker 3: Maybe a scarf.
Speaker 14: No, I'm anti scarf. Scarf guys are trying too hard. Scarf guys are like fancy you know what I mean, like a scarf guy. You only put a scarf on if you think you're really cool, And I'm not that type of person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're from the IVY League. Ivy League, that's scarfy.
Speaker 10: I'm from reading Pennsylvania way before us from the IVY League.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ross Ross Tucker Ross Tucker Football podcast as. Follow him on social media at Ross Tucker NFL. He's working for Westwood One. Tonight he'll be on the sidelines for the Texans and the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Take a break.
Speaker 2: Our Best and Worst of the weekend after this. Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Go around the infield, Todd, I'll start with you best and worst to the weekend.
Speaker 11: Best to the weekend.
Speaker 6: Although they blew an early fourteen nothing lead against a Panther team considered far inferior, MVP candidate Matthew Stafford kept his cool, kept his composure. Injured finger led the Rams to a late touchdown drive they win the game. They soldier on to Soldier Field. Next Worst Saturday Night and saw Lake. The Jazz lose one hundred and fifty to ninety five at home to Charlotte. It was forty five fourteen after one seventy seven thirty eight at a halftime. Nine different Hornets scored in double digits, second biggest winning franchise history for Sharot, largest ever on the road.
Speaker 3: Seaton' best and worst.
Speaker 5: My best was actually that drive in the Rams game that they put together to win it.
Speaker 2: That was truly impressive. Here's how it sounded. This is the Rams Radio network from the nineteen Stafford.
Speaker 15: Has it helmet high, settles his feet, shoots right side, leafy catch, touchdown, Lam wow at the front rights pylon. Colby Parkinson gives the Rams the lead with thirty eight seconds to go, and absolute dot from Stafford thirty three thirty one and the try coming.
Speaker 3: Rams Radio Network.
Speaker 5: Seaton, Yeah, that drive was incredible and it's almost like where you watch it, you're like, why.
Speaker 3: Don't you just do this all game?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 3: Spectacular.
Speaker 5: My worst of the weekend was watching some of the uh I didn't really have a dog in the fight here with Bears Packers, but watching some of those plays, I was like, dang, this is what's gonna get Matt before fired. This is why he's not going to be the coach anymore. And there was like some of those plays even on that final then the fourth quarter. I forget which touchdown it was, but there was a play there where like the linebacker for the Packers watches a wide receiver or so whoever, he goes right in front of him, catches the ball and then runs right around him, and the dude is like this in like an athletic position, just watching him do it. It's like, Yo, my guy, go tackle that's your guy right there, the one that just ran right in front of you to catch the ball.
Speaker 3: Go tackle him. What the hell are you doing? Marvin?
Speaker 13: My best of the weekend. Niners wide receiver DeMarcus Robinson came out of nowhere six receptions, one hundred and eleven yards, the first touchdown of the game won a first drive for the forty nine ers, So big game for him. Worst the final drives for the Panthers and the Jaguars. They both had ample opportunity to come away with a big upset and crap the bit, Paul, Best and worst.
Speaker 4: I've got two best, but one of them is the best. And worst Puka Nikoua the Rams was targeted eighteen times, had ten catches. He is such a focal point. He had a play where he dropped the ball that would have probably been a time touchdown, and the announcers were kind of like, oh, he dropped it it clearly he didn't have his head around and it was one of those plays he would have caught any time. He's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and nobody picked up on this. I'm watching and I go, it's not like he dropped it. It kind of either he lost it in the crowd or it was he turned later than he should have. But it's not like it was, hey, turn around and we're going to throw you this football. He catches that. It surprised him a little bit. He didn't even get his hands up all the way and none of the analysts were picking up on that.
Speaker 3: What else, Paully, My.
Speaker 4: Other best was Bears of rookie tight end Colston Lovelin eight catches, one thirty seven, carried the team in the second half.
Speaker 3: Kay, and he was the other tight end in that draft.
Speaker 4: A lot of people thought Tyler Warren a Penn State would go and should go first.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, a great season. Yeah he did, Yeah, he did. But wasn't it Trey McBride who was one vote away from being unanimous All Pro at tight end? He had one hundred and twenty five catch I believe, and I think he had eleven touchdowns. He was the offense for Arizona. Those are unbelievable numbers. And I think somebody may have voted for George Kittle for All Pro tight end.
Speaker 4: We're checking that right now, but yes, Trey McBride won twenty six for and thirty nine yards.
Speaker 3: And eleven incredible.
Speaker 2: Even George Kittle would have said vote for Trey McBride.
Speaker 13: Yes, Marvin, is he easily the best player in the NFL that no one knows.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's a few of those.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I loved watching him because he caught everything. He didn't get any touchdowns the previous year, but he but it, you know, had whatever one hundred catches. I don't know if he had a touchdown, but then this year he had one hundred and twenty six catches and I think eleven touchdowns.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Mark, but if we talk about tight ends in the NFL, we're gonna say Kelsey and Bowers and Kittle and even Tyler Warren in Lovelace before we even say Trey McBride in the public consciences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well he's not a bad team. That doesn't you know. They got a lot of one o'clock games people aren't noticing. Yeah, Paul, I.
Speaker 4: Would throw out Danil Hunter of the Texans, the rush linebacker rush end as the best player in the league for like eight years that no one's talked about. He's not the best player, but he's going to go to his sixth straight Pro Bowl and most people don't know about him.
Speaker 3: Dave in New York, Hi, Dave.
Speaker 16: Hey, dan ud class of ninety four, Go Friers brother. I'll give you my quick best and worst of the weekend. My daughter McKenzie's a perfect five for five on our picks, and she's got the Texans for tonight's game, so you can place your bets. But my worst. I am not a football clock management juggernaut, but I was literally shaking my head witnessing the Bills clock management in the game yesterday. Previous two drives for the Jaguars were touchdowns. They have the most dangerous long distance kicker in the league. You got three timeouts in the ball at the one with one left? How do you not drop down at the one inch line? Run forty seconds off the clock? Now you're running play two with three timeouts. You got three straight push pushes with Josh Allen. It's the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Jacksonville was letting them score unless you just you know, fall down and take a knee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 4: Also, if you watch that play, there's at least two or three linemen pushing Josh Allen. They weren't stopping either. It's like they didn't get the message that they were supposed to go down.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the phone call, Dave Christian, Sacramento.
Speaker 12: Hi, Chris, I think Dan I got a bet, And where's in a food proposal for you?
Speaker 10: Cool?
Speaker 9: Bet is.
Speaker 12: Doos Allen and the Bills overcoming the Jaguars.
Speaker 8: Where's the weekend?
Speaker 10: By far?
Speaker 3: Is the Eagles moving to.
Speaker 12: The Niners and letting that go? Since I'm a diehard Eagle fan. But here's my business proposal for you, a food propole. Before I know you guys are going to sack or San Francisco for the Super Bowl, and I'm an executive chef or a breakfast and barbecue spot, and I was wondering if I can make you guys some first get breakfast burritos on Monday when you guys come out. If you guys are having people that come out on to see you guys.
Speaker 2: You know what, We'll put you on hold, Chris and I'll run it by. We have a meeting after the show to talk about all the things we're doing in San Francisco, and if there's a way that we could incorporate you, then we'll certainly consider that absolutely, and we will have an audience where we're going to be. We're going to be outside, not very far from the ballpark. The baseball park in San Francisco. I don't know what it's called now, is it Pac Bell, is it.
Speaker 3: Oracle? Oracle?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, so we'll be kind of in the shadows of Oracle. But we'll give you all that information as soon as we firm it up. Final hour on the way. Still more phone calls, as we always do every Monday, best and worst of the weekend. Fritzie Seaton, Marv Paulie, yours truly, we're back after this