Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenebeck, Romain Bostick, and Scarlet.
Speaker 3: Food A back to the S and P five hundred I go most names in the index lowered despite a slight gain in the S and P index overall, Katie, three hundred and five names to the downside, one hundred and ninety four gaining ground on this end video Wednesday, and we've got four unchanged.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's take a look at the circle and the sectors similar to yes makeup to yesterday.
Speaker 5: You have six sectors in the green, five in the red.
Speaker 4: Tech though participating higher by about nine tenths of a percent. Communication services Materials also having a good in video Wednesday.
Speaker 5: What didn't do too hot today?
Speaker 4: Energy down by one point three percent as a sector. Utilities and real estate also bring up the rear.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, let's get to some of the individual gainers as we await those. Nvidia earnings lows up about four percent in today's session. Throughout the day, we did see it as a top gainer in the S and P five hundred. The retailer reported profit that topped expectations help by consumers spending on home renovations. Reported positive same store sales growth for a second consecutive quarter on strength in its digital channel and in home services. Adjusted, It's flew your profit target to approximately twelve dollars twenty five cents per share this fiscal year, accounting for uncertain economic conditions and its recently closed acquisition. So an outperformer in that one.
Speaker 1: Hey, have you ever been in the lows?
Speaker 5: I'm more of a home.
Speaker 3: Depot kind of gal, But when I first bought my home, I was in there, all the tiles.
Speaker 5: I loved it. Oh man, I loved it.
Speaker 3: It's kind of crazy. Have you ever been in one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Absolutely? When I bought my out Like everyone who buy, when you first buy your house, you basically spend every weekend.
Speaker 3: Right, I knew all the aisle.
Speaker 1: You get everything you need to get back to do your project and realize I have to go back because I forgot those shrews, and go back because I forgot that how they get you.
Speaker 6: Then you have to hire the person actually do it. You try to do it, and you run into some roadblocks.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I go down an island, I just kind of feel like I'm staring at everything, like it's just kind of crazy. Hey, I know we're focused on Nvidia, but Alphabet you got to mention that one up about three percent in today's session earlier inter day, staring the most in two months, a wave of glowing reviews for the newly released version of its Gemini AI model, spurring investor confidence about the company's position in that ever change.
Speaker 4: No, no, we were just talking about this. I don't seek technology out, so I haven't used Gemini.
Speaker 5: I haven't used chat chips. But I mean, again, unwittingly, I'm sure I've used it in some sense, but I don't know. I can't access it on the Bloomberg computer.
Speaker 1: She still reads like a physical news.
Speaker 6: You can access it on the Bloomberg computer.
Speaker 5: I know, but you need to take a course. I'm not going to do that. But anyway, just to.
Speaker 6: Quick aside, do you know how long it took me to get KT to use Google Docs? Wow, I still don't filmed five years, I guess is the answer.
Speaker 5: We work it, Bloomberg. We have the note on.
Speaker 6: The turn anyway, I know the note is the note is better.
Speaker 5: Come on, No, it's not good.
Speaker 6: Sorry, No, note is better.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: Google Docs is a gift.
Speaker 3: It's a gift that keeps on giving. Hey, by the way, shares of Google guys, they're up almost fifty five percent this year, and I believe they are the best performing member of the mag seven.
Speaker 5: So put that in your Yeah, some fake.
Speaker 3: Our pipe and smoke it.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 3: Consolation Energy, I have to mention that one definitely an outperformer in today's session. Number one gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred up five point three percent.
Speaker 5: Government.
Speaker 3: US government planning to buy known as many as ten large nuclear reactors projects that could be paid for by a five hundred and fifty billion dollar pledge investment fund being offered by Japan, so you know all of these. Of course, they own three Mile Island. We had some news on that yesterday about getting a billion dollars in backing from the US government on a reopening. So this was a big app performer today's session.
Speaker 6: Well, do you want to start with some energy when it comes to underperformers that we're performing in the S and P five hundred today on a percentage basis. Ever Source Energy Shares Head of their worst day since twenty twenty, after regulators in Connecticut denied its request to sell its subsidiary Aquarium Water Company. This rejection was due to concerns that the sale could double household bills and decrease economic Regulatory oversight regular said the proposed deal quote does not meet managerial suitability and responsibility requirements in a manner consistent with the public interest. Shares once again fell by more than twelve percent. Also keep an eye on shares of Blue Owl today, down nine tenths of one percent. Blue Owel Capital calling off a merger of its two private credit funds after scrutiny over potential investor losses, sent it shares tumbling. This deal was supposed to be between Blue Owl Capital Corp. Which is a publicly traded one that's under the ticker ob DC, and then Blue Owl Capital Corp. Too that's non traded. According to statement Wednesday, the initial terms of the agreement barred investors in the private vehicle from redeeming their capital until the merger closed. The firm did site current market conditions and will reevaluate its alternatives, and finally, some m and A news today moving stocks in two different directions. Abbott Laboratories falling three percent today after Bloomberg News reported that it's nearing a potential acquisition of Exact Sciences Corp. And what would be its largest deal in nearly a decade. People familiar with the matter said Exact Science is closed hired by twenty three point seven percent today. Their diagnostic tests include coli Guard, which helps screen for colorectal cancer. It's the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the US, but it's been used to screen for corectal cancer some twenty million times since receiving FDA approval back in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: All right, quick check on yield. It's not a whole lot of activity there. You did to actually see a bit of a rise on the day, basically about one to two basis points depending on where you are the curve. In fact, the whole curve more or less shifting parallel here on the day. But honestly, guys, today really is a day about tech, about the AI span and about Nvidia. There was an interesting story just earlier today out the White House is actually like kind of pushing Congress to take out some provisions from a new defense spending bill that would restrict AI Chipex Sports, and of course this is going to be a big issue that Nvidio is going to have to address either tonight or at least in the future, because basically its ability to sell those high end Blackwell chips to China, at least for right now, is basically a no go.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.