Speaker 1: Second date up dated today's callers said, she's taking a risk just by coming on the radio today, and she does not want someone that she knows to hear this and figure out who she is, So.
Speaker 2: We're using an anonymous name or something.
Speaker 3: Not quite that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Plus her voice sounds exactly like Mini Mouse and it's very recognized.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, confession, she doesn't want Daisy to know she did.
Speaker 3: I'm joking about that part, but that would be kind of funny.
Speaker 4: She has requested, though, that we beep out her name for this segment, and we've agreed to do that. Let's talk to her and try not to say her name too many times for our editor's sake. So let's all welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, guys, how's it going.
Speaker 4: Hey, lady on the phone, Thanks for agreeing to be on with us.
Speaker 5: Yes, thanks for protecting my privacy, Uh.
Speaker 2: Huh as much as we can, you know.
Speaker 6: But you know, the thing is, is it when people come on the show, they think that everyone's going to hear it and listen, and we wish that was the case.
Speaker 2: But good advertising person.
Speaker 5: I have a lot of friends who listen to the show faithfully.
Speaker 3: You're one of the groups that talks about us and goes over the show.
Speaker 4: Well, hopefully they don't figure you out. But let's get into your date. What's the reason that you emailed us for a second date update?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I worked as a flight ascendant for a major airline. Okay, I don't know if you are aware of this, but there's like a code that we use for different things, like if there's an unruly passenger, will say saying I'm not going to tell you what those are.
Speaker 4: To like alert the other flight attendants that there's like a passenger that's acting up. Flight attendant, we are out of pretzels in the front of the cabin, pretzels.
Speaker 3: Immediately, whatever it is.
Speaker 5: Okay, exactly, So I will tell you what one of them is, because this was like not a it's the one. But after we've landed there, all the passengers are getting off, and if it's an all girls flight, then we'll play a game.
Speaker 3: Called see you later, see you later.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And when the passengers are deep cleaning, usually you'll say good night, thank you for flying with us, you know, have a beautiful evening, blah blah blah. Right, but if we see like a cute guy, we say see.
Speaker 2: You later, oh, with your fingers crossed, like oh.
Speaker 3: Please exactly, and just give him your hotel room. That's a code.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is a very subtle way to hit on a guy without getting fired.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's so interesting.
Speaker 3: I didn't really know that this was happening.
Speaker 6: It's an interesting way to flirt with someone when it's code and they don't know the code.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Well, it's also a way for me to tell the other flight attendants, like I called DIBs on him, like if we see him in the bag exclaim or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would not be a good look for the flight attendants to be like DIBs, dips are leaving.
Speaker 2: Is this how you met someone by telling them see you later?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 5: I was like, there was a really cute guy and so I see you later him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Does he have a reaction to that or did he just think that was normal?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I couldn't really read his reaction at the time, because he just kind of paused and kind of looked at me okay, and then didn't say anything and he just walked off the plane. So I was like, well, okay, I guess I won't see him later, but I did, but you did. I did because he came back and he was like, hey, I think I left something at my seat, and then he said, can you hold this for me? And I was like, I'm not really supposed to hold like passengers bag. But it was not a bag. It was his business card.
Speaker 6: Oh why.
Speaker 3: He didn't say give it back?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And what was what was the name on the car? Did you learn his name at that point?
Speaker 5: It was Liam?
Speaker 2: You both, I mean really well in this game, you know, ye.
Speaker 3: See each other. So did you end up seeing him after the flight?
Speaker 5: I did, so it was like forty minutes later, and I texted the number on his business card and he responded, texted me an address and just said drink okay, words old, yes, just bold, very minimalistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of hot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was kind of hot.
Speaker 3: So he went to his mom's house and how did that go?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that's the address.
Speaker 5: We were both just visiting that city. So oh okay, he each had a hotel. And I was like, let me preface this by saying I was not looking for a hookup. That's not my thing. This is just like a way for me to meet guys and get to know them.
Speaker 6: And okay, it's fine if it's your thing. Though, Okay, I always feel like we have preface this because they you know.
Speaker 4: Brooks constantly looking for allies who are on board with the word.
Speaker 2: Honestly, like, no judgment here. Did you hook up with him?
Speaker 5: No, okay, okay, late, I'm had a flight the next morning, so I did need him for drinks, and there was no like awkward silences or stuff like that. We never addressed to see you later, but I mean, I don't think we had just at that point we were already seeing each other later.
Speaker 3: So how did you guys leave it?
Speaker 5: So my hotel was walking distance, so I was like, do you want to walk me to my hotel?
Speaker 6: And he was like sure. I would think, I mean to him, I would read that as an invitation to come to my room.
Speaker 3: Look everything as an invitation to come.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because it's like she invited him. It's not like he said, oh, let me walk you to your hotel. It sounds like an invitation.
Speaker 5: That's what I was telling him about my early flight. I was like, I really got to wrap this up and go to bed.
Speaker 6: How did you say, bed bed, I think I sleep.
Speaker 5: I think I might.
Speaker 3: She made it very clear she's not looking for a hookup.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't no means no broke. I can't believe I have I know that.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying maybe he had different expectations of what it was.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's possible.
Speaker 4: So he got you back to your hotel, and then what was the last thing you guys said to each other?
Speaker 5: So I waited outside with him for his uber, and you know, when his uber came, we have this kind of weird like are we going to kiss moment, and the energy just wasn't kind of right. So I didn't lean in, and he didn't really lean in, said bye, no kiss, no hug.
Speaker 7: It was weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I texted him afterwards just like move over that because I don't that's like a weird energy to leave the data.
Speaker 4: Okay, so that was the last time that you guys have spoken to each other and seen one another.
Speaker 5: Correct He never responded that text.
Speaker 4: Okay, So you're looking to reconnect with smooth Liam from your flight here.
Speaker 3: We're gonna come back to.
Speaker 4: It's a little too excited from how this conversation has gone.
Speaker 3: We'll come back.
Speaker 4: We will give Liam McAll and try and get you your second date update right after this.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, all right, hold on second date update.
Speaker 4: I had an inkling that flight attendants were kind of crafty, but I had no idea that they had a secret code phrase.
Speaker 3: For cute passengers on their flight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they do.
Speaker 3: Let me go, Yes, you missed it in part one.
Speaker 4: One of our listeners and I'm not even going to say her name because we'd have to beep it out.
Speaker 3: Since she wants to stay anonymous here.
Speaker 4: But she's a flight attendant who noticed a cute passenger while he was deplaning and gave him a different kind of farewell greeting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one with some prolonged eye contact too.
Speaker 3: That was part of it.
Speaker 4: Instead of saying goodbye or have a good night like they usually do, she told him see you later, which is code for I think he's cute. Yeah, And it lets the other flight attendants know that she's called.
Speaker 2: Dis We none of us have ever heard that.
Speaker 6: Told I was going to chalk it up to I did realize, so I don't remember.
Speaker 4: I'm just more curious to ask our caller here, what's the code for the less desirable passengers on the flight? Is it see you never? What do you say there?
Speaker 5: You don't do that, it's just thank you.
Speaker 2: They don't emphasize hell and hello.
Speaker 4: You guys truly are polite in the service industry. But anyway, the passenger's name that she met up with was Liam because he picked up on what she was trying to put down. They met for drinks later that night. Now he's not texting her back though.
Speaker 6: I mean, isn't it kind of just like everybody's fantasy to be like hot flight attendant.
Speaker 2: You're on a trip, you're meeting at a bar.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, get me down on the tarmac with the bag boys.
Speaker 2: Do you imagine their biceps? I am with you on that one.
Speaker 4: Everyone has different things they want. But our caller wants Liam. So let's give him a call and see if he picks up you ready, Yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 7: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey is this Liam?
Speaker 7: H yep?
Speaker 2: Man A few words there, Liam.
Speaker 3: Although we have kind of heard that that's who he is.
Speaker 2: That's a good point from the text.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Liam, sorry to interrupt your day like this.
Speaker 7: But can I just say who who am I speaking with?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: I Liam, Hi, and uh, I'm.
Speaker 4: Mose you're pilot speaking uh Liam and the Peanuts cabin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't get it yet. He doesn't get it yet. We haven't gotten to that point in the story. Remember that joke and say it to yourself later and then laugh.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he will, but it might be funny in a few minutes here.
Speaker 4: But we're doing something called a second date update, trying to get you back in touch with one of our listeners. You hung out with the other night. Who's a flight attendant?
Speaker 2: Okay, do you know who we're talking about or you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Okay, I assume there's only one flight attendant that's been in your life recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Sorry, we're not going to say her name because she's asked us not to.
Speaker 7: I am very confused right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll try and clear things up.
Speaker 4: So this listener of ours told us about how you guys met on that airplane. She said you had a connection. You went out for drinks and that went really well, at least that's what she thought, and she texted you after and you have not responded since and uh huh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you just left her on read and she thought that there was a you know, a legitimate thing happening.
Speaker 7: Maybe I can't are you joking? Is this a prank or no?
Speaker 2: Why would it be a joke.
Speaker 4: I mean, she literally reached out to us because she said, you guys had a wonderful time together and she just wants to hang out again and isn't sure why that isn't happening.
Speaker 2: Why is it shocking to you?
Speaker 7: Well, I, honestly, I you know, I do remember the text she she did text me afterward, and I thought it. I thought it was a pity text. Honestly, what what do you mean?
Speaker 2: You didn't think she was into you?
Speaker 7: Absolutely what I thought. Yeah, here's what the text she sent me said, I had a really nice time. You're a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I thought that was that.
Speaker 7: I was like, Okay, that didn't go the way I thought it would.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just trying to decode what she said there, and it sounds like she had a nice time with you.
Speaker 2: What's negative about that text to you?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: Okay, so I thought we did have a really good time. And then I walked her back to her hotel and then she waited outside with me while I waited for my uber. Yeah because you yeah, yeah, that seemed like things were going good. The uber came and I opened up the door and we stood there and there was weird energy for what seemed like an eternity. It had to be close to a minute. And I was waiting for her to say see you later, and she never did, and so I thought okay, and I got in the cab and I was gone.
Speaker 6: She felt the weird energy too, but in a totally different way than you.
Speaker 4: Did, waiting for her to say a specific phrase.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, just.
Speaker 2: Like anything that was like catch it, you know, hope to see you again.
Speaker 7: No, I was waiting for her to say see you later.
Speaker 2: Exactly why that's the code? Wouldn't know the code? Why would he know the code?
Speaker 7: I do know the code. I do know the code. I have a friend who's a pilot.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what's his name? What airline does give us his batch number?
Speaker 7: If I'm not going to divulge that this.
Speaker 6: Is just like that common in the airline industry that everybody that works in an airline knows this code.
Speaker 4: Or this one particular airline has, like people with very loose lips.
Speaker 3: It's part of training course.
Speaker 2: In a lot of ways, it's part of the training course.
Speaker 3: Okay, Now, when you interact with an attractive customer.
Speaker 4: So your whole reason for thinking that she's not interested in you is because she didn't specifically say see you later.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, that's correct. She didn't say see you later. And in the text, the text just said you're a lot of fun, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Hot to not use it over and over for all the other flight attendants she's working with, not for you.
Speaker 3: This is a miscommunication, brother, What is weird?
Speaker 4: What do you think it means that she's asked a radio show to reach out to you on her behalf. Does that give you kind of a hint that maybe she likes you, she wants to hear you later, or would you rather hear that directly from her because she's on the other line right now wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 3: That's not the code that.
Speaker 7: Has been listening to this whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are secret flight attendant Hello, hey, OHI.
Speaker 5: Hi that you are a pilot.
Speaker 7: Well I'm not. I have a friend who's a pilot and he told me about this, and and so when you said see you later on the plane. I was taken aback, but that's why I came back and gave you my business card. I was genuinely shocked. I thought you were talking to someone else. Yeah, yeah, I mean I don't guess you are.
Speaker 5: What do you say? Are you saying that you want to see me again? Because he does.
Speaker 4: He doesn't think that you want to see him a again because you haven't said the words to him.
Speaker 3: And you still haven't said them since we've been on the phone.
Speaker 2: Men are so literal, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Everyone in this room is waiting for those three magic words.
Speaker 5: Okay, Liam, Liam, I would like to see you later.
Speaker 3: That was more than the three words.
Speaker 6: But okay, this is not cute.
Speaker 2: This is cute, all right.
Speaker 4: So what we would like to do, the whole thing that we do here is offer to send you guys out on another date that we would pay for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got hard eye playing emoji because it's just so cute.
Speaker 3: That way, you guys can see each other later.
Speaker 7: I would like to see you later.
Speaker 3: Well I'm not. I'm not on the table here, man, it's it's her.
Speaker 7: I wasn't talking to you.
Speaker 3: Is that cool with you? You're up for me again?
Speaker 5: I would love to as long as is. We don't have to say this every single time.
Speaker 6: I feel like that is very good to put down right now because.
Speaker 3: We gonna I see you later.
Speaker 2: Like a man who doesn't like nothing ever gets old for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well, congratulations, you guys are gonna meet up again in real person, in real person, real life.
Speaker 1: Jeff.
Speaker 7: Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: We're in a lot of texts of seven eighty five nine two from people saying that this has completely changed the way that they're gonna fly now forever.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: One guy said, now, whenever I leave a plane, if they tell me goodbye or good night, I'm gonna respond back.
Speaker 3: Don't you mean see you later?
Speaker 2: That is that's so creepy. Put on a no fly list, don't have that.
Speaker 4: And you know there's like some Australian airline that like teaches them to say.
Speaker 3: All I see you soon. They're gonna be up.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this listener that we had realizes what she did, but she revealed the secret flight attendant code for how to spot a cute passenger.
Speaker 2: Oh god, flight.
Speaker 3: Attendants are texting in other codes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can we just say that this couple is so cute.
Speaker 4: I am happy that they got a second date, but I am worried now that the cat's out of the bag what our listeners are going to do with that information.
Speaker 3: But anyway, make.
Speaker 4: Sure you go check out our second date podcast of here all of our second dates wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey. And remember you can always email us. We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back