Speaker 1: Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the episode of the Locker Room. It is week twenty. Sorry it is episode twenty. It is the divisional round. We'll find out who's who in the zoom when it comes to the NFL. Also, the last game who to determine who the national champion is will be Notre Dame Mohouse. They'll be discussed as always, Please subscribe for the love of God.
Speaker 2: Just do that. It helps us. You know it doesn't hurt you at all.
Speaker 1: Then comment a little extra work there but once again helps us. And then today we'll confident have one last week, I decided to take my cap put it in the ring. We are both doing some juicy little parlayce for you. This is the Locker Room, Delaney Walker us here, we'll confidence here. My name is Sila one. Let's have a hell of a day.
Speaker 3: Boys voice, Welcome to the Locker Room.
Speaker 4: We were presented by Fireball Whiskey. So many things make football great, but you know what the best thing is kicking the living shit out of your rivalry. And there's absolutely no better feeling as an athlete or fan. And Fireball Whiskey is here to give you this spark to ignite that rivalry all season long. Grab your football buddy by a round and reignite that rivalry. Flame fellas I went one to nine last week. I lost pretty much every pick.
Speaker 5: It happens.
Speaker 2: You're in a great position. I'll tell you that. Yeah, you're in a great place, because it is not. You can't get much worse than that. Yeah, but one and nine is a bad weekend. That is one yeah, yep. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In the end, I cooked up a bomb of a playoff Willie Parlay and shout out to forty thousand people that were in on.
Speaker 2: Forty thousand people.
Speaker 4: We lost in the first leg because of Delaney's Chargers, But I do have a stick of Dyna I cooked up for the fireballsy Parlay later to go along with that.
Speaker 1: Like that, and if people are thinking themselves, I don't know if I want to tell will again after having forty thousand and the first leg dies, I'm coming in. Also, I got a little sleeper. It's a little less odds than your reserve. But I think both of them have a massive potential, massive potential.
Speaker 2: What happened to the Chargers last week?
Speaker 5: God damn, you know what happened Herbert. Tough week. It was a tough week, man, tough week.
Speaker 6: You know, getting to that, you know, when you ain't been there before, sometimes you get those.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah with Justin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember Jacksonville a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: He's starting to get the image of kind of like uh Lamar has been in the position before where you have a great regular season, you can't win to playoff game.
Speaker 1: People are people are calling him Justin yips Herbert.
Speaker 5: No, I mean it happens, you know what I mean, I don't follow him.
Speaker 6: He taking a lot of blame right now, man, and hopefully he bounced back from all of that. But they just they were bad. They just played very bad, and Houston had their number. It is hard playing in Houston.
Speaker 4: We all know that you start off sixth to nothing and at the score like you guys know as players like this should be a fourteen o'd ball.
Speaker 2: And the fact that they're still kind of.
Speaker 1: In this yeah, they I mean, they got their own way in offense, similar to the way that the Packers did against Eagles.
Speaker 2: It was just a kind of.
Speaker 1: Tough and the Houston kind of let them ruin the game for themselves as opposed to being a shootout battle, both teams are playing all type of situation. It was, you know, the Chargers got in their own way and that that stuff happens. But you look back at Michigan, I hate to bring it back to them. Three years ago they lost the first round the playoffs. The next year in the first round, but then they won it. All history history history.
Speaker 2: Have been a couple of years the Texas Defense came alive.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Will Anderson is him?
Speaker 2: It was actually with Corey Levin, our boy Corey Levin.
Speaker 1: And Dylan Raidn's And while we're watching again, like is he really like that, they're like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really seen him a training camp. He looks like him. Yeah, shoes that bending over like.
Speaker 1: He got hamlength, Like he's got that's what you look for. He's got ben Yeah, can scratched your shins that he's gonna be solid.
Speaker 4: We were in when we were in Chicago and grooves there. He's breaking down the whole length thing. And they'll they'll measure out like you know, they get your height, then they get your wingspan. But if your wingspan is like more than your height, it's like you'll say you're plus six. That's when you know a guy like has length, like if you have like a plus six. You know, guys working with length, you know what, you guess what your.
Speaker 2: Boy was minus four.
Speaker 5: Three and a half zero.
Speaker 2: I'm a perfect square. You got some length on you, but you do have big arms. Sort can't tell stand up for a second, you guys, because I struggled. Yeah, I delay put his full form in his pockets. That is true. The length thing.
Speaker 1: The thing for offensive lineman is like, you can have all the length in the world, but a lot of guys don't even use it. Lane Johnson, guy's got crazy length, doesn't really use his length.
Speaker 6: He's like he likes to I want all over here with im, like it be like, because then I can hold you when I'm like, extend that whole get outside of my frame, you see it. But if I pull you right here and it start getting out of my frame, I just kind of go with it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I was like that in college where I would like to get everybody in here nice and tight, and then because I was just stronger than guys. But then I got to the league. Then the size of my legs really start to get exposed, and I was like bro, I got to use this lane for real. Mike Sullivan was like, listen, you can't be just playing basketball out here, like you need to use your length.
Speaker 2: Without Mike Sullivan, I'm not.
Speaker 4: Here before we dive into the games, before you say anything, I won't say anything.
Speaker 2: You were in the group chat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we unfolding of the thousand dollars bet On Shuldar Sanders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you read it?
Speaker 5: Did you read it?
Speaker 2: You did not to say anything, so you want me to. I don't want us to say anything, like what's your opinion?
Speaker 5: What's your opinion? Or what your opinion on?
Speaker 6: And then we're gonna anybody else who heard it out here? I want to hear they too, what's your opinion?
Speaker 2: Delaney's trying to get out of the bed.
Speaker 5: I ain't trying to.
Speaker 6: He becomes a head coach in the NFL. If Deion Sanders become a coach in the NFL, the bet is off. He realizes he may not his son may not go in the first round.
Speaker 2: While that's why you think he's trying to get in the leader. His son's not gonna He.
Speaker 5: Wants to coach his son. He said it.
Speaker 2: He had.
Speaker 4: You know, comments are just gonna go out here go Delaney's standing on business.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Right now, what he's talking about, Yet he's still talking.
Speaker 5: Delaney, Are you crazy?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: I always win. I haven't lost a bet to Will yet, so it doesn't matter. I can say whatever you want to know.
Speaker 6: Aw that matters, not trying to get out if he becomes a head coach. Come on, bro, you if you was, if you had a son and you had an opportunity to be a head coach, would you draft your son and.
Speaker 5: Shot the fuck up? Man?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't do I'm not gonna sit here and take my son if he's like like if it was me and I was like an undrafted cat, I'm not becoming a head coach to draft Will in the first round.
Speaker 2: Will Bill's not drafted.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, like I might be Bill, But I'm saying, you actually think Dean is trying to be a head coach so his son can get.
Speaker 2: Drafted in the first round.
Speaker 5: Definitely, Delanny, that I mean definitely.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that you guys are like Taylor, we want to hear your opinion. We're not going to say anything. Then proceed to say all the things, But I will say this, like the bet you made it the bet you made originally it's a bad bet. He's going to get drafted in the top three rounds. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: I win if he get drafted, if he get wait.
Speaker 2: There's any there's a ninetynine percent chance he gets drafted in the first two rounds. Ninety chances.
Speaker 5: We'll see for him.
Speaker 2: His dad becoming a head coach, does it add a little extra to it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you made the bet. Your stand by the bet.
Speaker 2: You made the bet. And that's always been a rumor the entire time.
Speaker 5: So now it's been a rumor.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, is he's contradicting hisself right now? Guys? He just yes, combs up. You just you know what I'm saying. When he makes the bet, he understands.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize that because I know, I think it's.
Speaker 6: Always been a topic of discussion. I said, do y'all think Deion Sanders leaves to go to the NFL? Y'all literally said on.
Speaker 5: The show, no, why would he? The Colorado is bawling, why would he do?
Speaker 2: But it's still still talked about that he would go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's always an option of him going any and.
Speaker 2: Jerry Jerry Jones, I was.
Speaker 4: Gonna say he can he can't go become a head coach at Dallas, the same.
Speaker 6: Way Rabel is gonna be coming here if he go to e This is all I'm saying. If he go to Dallas, bet still on because they're not gonna get rid of that because the pay they gotta pay that, They're not gonna.
Speaker 5: Drove the first round quarterback. I'll take that back. If he go to the.
Speaker 2: Raiders, think he should bet that?
Speaker 6: Actually I go, I go to the If he go to the Raiders, cut it, have a bet, cut it.
Speaker 2: You should go on new bet.
Speaker 1: If Deon goes to Dallas, the best worship Sanders is going to go.
Speaker 2: He will go to He will go to Dallas.
Speaker 5: Well, not as a first round draft pick.
Speaker 6: Let's take that, because you think they're gonna they're gonna cut da where they owe them all of that money.
Speaker 5: You crazy. Let's make that bet if you go to the Raiders.
Speaker 6: If we go to the Raiders, bad off because they gonna draft him in the first round.
Speaker 2: I guarantee we have a bet in place. The bet stands. Like I told you, the minute.
Speaker 1: He made that bad regardless of what's what's transpired in the last week, in a couple of days, you made.
Speaker 6: A bad, crazy bro. If he go to the they just don't make sense.
Speaker 2: You calm, don't even follow the draft. I don't follow college football.
Speaker 1: And then he wants to make a bet about college football kids going to the draft, two things he doesn't.
Speaker 2: He's literally said, I don't know there.
Speaker 5: I go to the draft. Who goes to the combo every year?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 5: Who says all of that? Me, I know what's gonna happen. I've talked to these scouts.
Speaker 6: I've set in the rooms with tight ends, running backs and quarterbacks as they do their interviews.
Speaker 5: I'm in the rooms. Come on, I know who's been there every year?
Speaker 2: How many I was there?
Speaker 5: I've been there three years in a row, three years.
Speaker 2: In the Washington.
Speaker 4: Should Delaney be tied to his word and his handshake to not get out of this bet and boyd his bet if Deon Sanders becomes a head coach, because the bet is if Seer Sanders doesn't get drafted in the top in the first two rounds and the first wins a thousand dollars if he gets drafted in the first two rounds because he's a good quarterback. He winstigrated out, Well, I'm gonna win the bet. He's gonna get drafted the first rounds, no matter.
Speaker 5: Take they take. Let's do it. Let's put that.
Speaker 2: Let's we have a bet.
Speaker 6: You're so guaranteed that he's gonna get drafted even without his pops.
Speaker 5: Let's do the bet if his pops go.
Speaker 6: To the NFL and becomes a head coach only for the Raiders. Bet off anywhere anywhere else out also the Giants, anywhere else. The best is all. Yeah, you can go to the Bears. He can go to the Bears. They ain't gonna draft the quarterback in the first round. I'm telling you where it's a quarterback. If he goes there, it ain't.
Speaker 1: They ain't drafting quarter The way the way my mind works says, you've made a bet. That bet stands. If you want to make another bet, you're more than welcome to.
Speaker 5: No bet changes when it's like that happens, though, because we have question.
Speaker 7: Question, I have a question because it does appear to be a two on one.
Speaker 2: Delaney's out numbered. I just wanted to help Delaney out.
Speaker 5: You do.
Speaker 7: I think it easy fixed here. If Dion drafts should do bets off, there you go, there you go, draft should do in the first two rounds.
Speaker 2: That's off.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that. That's another voice is the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's trying voice the same thing Delaney was saying in the group chat. Yeah, he's like bet Off Deon coach bet.
Speaker 1: Off San is at his house with that loud ass fan on his wife playing Call.
Speaker 5: Of Duty and girl, you know she's praying, she she gets hot faster.
Speaker 2: You know that sound sound sound.
Speaker 5: We're all playing.
Speaker 2: You did not.
Speaker 1: I'll say, I think, Delaney, what do you think? I think it just depends on what kind of man Delaney wants to be. Does he want to be a guy that runs and hides when things don't go right, or does he want to be.
Speaker 5: A man I want to be. I want to be a fair man.
Speaker 2: Man shakes his hand.
Speaker 5: I don't throw I don't do games. I don't throw games. This is like throwing a game a conversation conversition.
Speaker 2: But and if you end up going the shrom route.
Speaker 6: Hey, let's just let's get to the show. This could we could talk about this all.
Speaker 1: Let the people do people people, I will say, though they had a good showing on the stream last week. The people might be on the side. It might be, it might be.
Speaker 2: On the sideball. Let's talk ballide. Deon's a head coach. It doesn't pertain to him getting drafted in the second round.
Speaker 4: It's a Deon's a head coach, and he's like a top five pick in Deon's picking.
Speaker 2: Like maybe that.
Speaker 5: Whatever, figure it.
Speaker 4: Out, figure out, figure it out. First game, first game, Texans at the Chiefs. Chiefs are favored by eight and a half. The over unders forty one and a half.
Speaker 5: Delaney, I'm taking the Texas.
Speaker 6: To cover, and I'm taking the Texas to cover because this.
Speaker 2: Is a show.
Speaker 1: We need something behind that I'm giving.
Speaker 6: Look CJ, CJ and M did to the Chargers, obviously, I wanted the Chargers to win.
Speaker 5: Houston came out smacked me in the face. I was sitting there watching the game. Throw out my god. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 6: And I made a bet on Willie fucking pay checks, uh parlay, and I lost that bet and it was all because the Chargers.
Speaker 5: Man, they let me down. But the Houston defense came through.
Speaker 6: They made plays, they had four takeaways, really put them ahead of the game. The offense did what they had, They had mixing out.
Speaker 5: There, giving them the business. Nico came back looking good.
Speaker 6: I really just think that Houston is gonna be on fire this game, man. And I'm not saying they're gonna win the game, but I think They're.
Speaker 5: Gonna keep the game close. So I'm taking Texans to cover.
Speaker 2: You know me, I like Texas to win this game out right.
Speaker 4: I know the money, well, I'm taking them with the points, but I can see this game going Texans win twenty seven to twenty four. Like the Chiefs offense hasn't been like that explosive throughout the entire year, Like they don't average that many points. Yeah, and I think to what you saw with the Texas last week, that defensive line just came alive.
Speaker 2: Like Daniel Hunter, why am I blank? In Alabama? Will and Will Anderson Jr.
Speaker 4: Uni or a beautiful brain here al here flying around taking the heads off. He having a couple of picks like they were coming alive. They helped the offense get their ship in order.
Speaker 2: Uh C J. Shroud started to toss it around a little bit.
Speaker 4: The question mark is going to be can they playing the Elements is going to be cold out there in Kansas City. I do think the Chiefs having some time to kind of game playing this, they could come out hot and jump on them early.
Speaker 2: But you guys know, I'm a hater of the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: I like the Texas with the points because I think they can keep it close. But you can also see like a field goal game here to when they went where they win like twenty seven to.
Speaker 5: I can say that happened. I can see that happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it comes to the Chiefs, like last year when they when I was going to the playoffs, everyone's like Chiefs kind of fizzles out. Their offense is not as great, their defense is playing better than their offense has. Then they get in the playoffs and they just understand that time of year better than any other team.
Speaker 2: I think that.
Speaker 1: I think, I like, I'm going with you guys with Texans plus eight and a half, but this is my home's time. Like this this is a team you don't have to worry about having a bye week. They understand the process. They they're very used to having an extra week watching other teams play. They're gonna be the most comfortable in this saying that any other team in the college in the NFL landscape right now.
Speaker 2: Last time they played too I'm sure CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroutfields some type of way about it, because everyone kind of walks away from that game being like, Wow, Houston sucks and they lost the game by eight. I think they come in they have a little more firepower behind them, but I think that defense stands up. We talked about Houston and the Chargers before and last week, Chargers lost that game more than Houston won. Like Chargers, Houston's defense played really well, but like the offense was like not like spectacular by any means.
Speaker 2: They just took advantage of their hung around.
Speaker 4: The Chargers off started to get it going with Joe Mixon came alive and Denico Autry he needs a special shoutout.
Speaker 1: They had a couple of he had. He beats guys with power. He's got that length, he's got the leverage. He's a guy that has been sneaky good sneaky, Like you got to worry about this guy every year he's been in the NFL. Dude that I wasn't drafted I or maybe not drafted at all, and it's worked his way into you know, having some good checks and playing on multiple teams and doing really well. Had the opportunity to play with him at Titans for a little bit. I like the Texans. I think this game is competitive, But if you're thinking about the script, if you're thinking about the refs throwing the flags, like this is not where the Chiefs lives.
Speaker 2: They end.
Speaker 1: It's gonna have to be in an AFC championship game, but or most likely at the Super Bowls when they when they really go it, when the story kind of ends. You had a team going after a three peat. I like the Texans plus eight and a half. Hopefully they keep it that close.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be a defensive game.
Speaker 6: I feel like both defenses are a fire and all cylinders.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think it might be Chiefs Chiefs one to cover because of all the three of us. Like the Houston Texans offense, their offensive line is one of the more penalized offensive lines in the game. Like again, going out to Kansas City in a playoff game in that type of environment, you can't.
Speaker 4: You gotta be able to start fast, and the defense of the Chiefs has is a very good.
Speaker 1: Defense right, and look look at the the Consit like just the game plan revolved around the Chiefs. Keep their offense off of the field, get yourself to third and manageable situations. Can tain Patrick Mahomes from a pocket standpoint and make them earn every single yard, like, don't let them take shots downfield, stack the box when they got there. There are certain personnels in their formations. It's gonna be a difficult game for the Texans, a game that I think they match up well in from a defensive standpoint. I just think when you have Houston's offense versus the Chiefs defense with Spags in the back calling like he's he's understanding they're a championship caliber team. Their scores throughout the year and how they've won doesn't say championship team, but their record showers Hell does in their last two yours, sir As Hell does. So it's like, it's kind of hard to not believe in the Chiefs. I think this is a Chiefs win. I don't think we're thinking about like the Texans winning this game unless you're you're a Vendetta type of guy, which I.
Speaker 2: Fully understand and embrace. Going through the College of the landscape area. But Chiefs might say in the half Okay, I like that.
Speaker 5: Wait, did you what your parlay though?
Speaker 2: Parlay over?
Speaker 4: Parlay involves the over and the Chiefs have been twenty one and a half plus. Okay, so I'm thinking, like, if Texas win that twenty seven to twenty four of both those things.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, but it's the more.
Speaker 2: I think about it. Mitch's got a great stet on here too. C J.
Speaker 4: Stroud is the most second most sacked quarterback, being sacked fifty two times, and the Texans have only one have one win against a team with a winning record at the end of the twenty twenty four season.
Speaker 8: Yeah, does the weather scare you guys at all? It's supposed to be. That's kind of me that kickoff and drop down to like.
Speaker 2: I think it plays into the Chiefs favorite more Texans, I.
Speaker 5: Would say, that are an indoor check.
Speaker 6: We went out there and blew them. We beat the ass in the cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Wait, what do you mean you guys have an outdoor stadium though Texans have.
Speaker 6: An indoor stadium. I give you that. That's a good that's a good.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah, I like, I don't know. I never the game never bothered. It never bothered me. It was the heat. It was it was December going to Jacksonville. You'd be like eighty degrees.
Speaker 1: You're like, yeah, that that's just that's the ship that was, Like you get used to kind of the cold and then you jump into one hot game, humid game. That's the ship that I was always like, man, this ship is fucking draining rain. But when it comes to like cold, it's like that you gotta smile when it's cold outside, Like you kind of like, got hey, we're yeah, we made different mentalities, different structure.
Speaker 2: Different folks. We hear.
Speaker 5: That's what you guys say.
Speaker 1: I like the Texans plus eight and a half. I would not be surprised if the Chiefs just run over.
Speaker 2: We came over.
Speaker 1: The thing that makes me most nervous is you now taking the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just thinking penalized offensive line. You got spags of the back and they've had extra time to prepare for this, getting after C. J. Stroud's ass because he's the second most set quarterback. The injuries that the Texans receivers have to stay the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they only got to talk about it. The penalties.
Speaker 1: This is the Chiefs playoff football is like, you need to take care of the football and eliminate penalties, eliminate dumb mistakes.
Speaker 2: That is how that is the only way.
Speaker 1: To win at this point in the year. You cannot fuck around and have false starts, holdings, personal fouls.
Speaker 2: Someone swings at you. That's the This is the only time.
Speaker 1: Of the year that you walk away and walk away, the only time of the year that you just you button it up and you get back in the huddle. So I'm with you because I think the Chiefs that, I mean, they're so are you Texans plus eight and a half? I'm staying in Texas plus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm staying Texans Chiefs.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: Next, so we got Commanders at at the Lions spread. Lions are favored by nine and a half. The over under on this.
Speaker 2: Game fifty five and a half points. Yeah, this game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's Jaden Daniels is your guy. If it's going to happen, if you're going to cover this game, it's gonna because Jenan Daniel plays out of his mind. Terry McCullin doesn't drop any any footballs in their defense, plays the best football game of their life. The Lions have had so much adversity this year. They have had like thirteen fourteen guys on ir. You got Aiden Hutchinson sitting in a suite every single week, and the whole new thing around him is.
Speaker 2: Like, could make it back for the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Dan Campbell's got the culture, he's got the players, he's got the offensive line, he's got the quarterback with the chip on his shoulder. I don't see I don't see a way that the Commanders come out and cover this game. I mean it's got to be to cover nine and a half versus this team is going to be difficult.
Speaker 2: Let alone win. I got the.
Speaker 1: Lions all the way and this one I love them. I love the Lions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 4: It's like the two most efficient offenses in the league. They're both the highest scoring. They both go for it the most on fourth down. Commanders actually are better at go for it.
Speaker 9: Yeah like.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 4: Both teams defensively blitz over thirty percent of the time, So you're gonna see a lot of the same things. To me, it comes down to the Lions have done a better job taking the ball away, and the Lions, to me, if you look at every position group. They're better in every category. The argument would be quarterback, Like Jayden's had a better year than Jared Golf. But Jared Goff, you know, he's a great quarter He's a good quarterback. He's a great quarterback. He'll be able to function and even if he gets shut down a little bit, they have so many ways to beat you offensively to if the Commander is gonna win this game, Jayden has to play out of his mind. He has been all year long. He's gonna have to play perfect, He's gonna play gonna have to play.
Speaker 2: Out of his mind. I'm kind of with you. I like the Lions too.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go Commanders because it's nine and a half points and I want to kind of homer them a little bit. It's gonna be a very tough game for the for the Washington Commanders.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just after the BNK playing the Buccaneers and winning by a phield gold. I mean, I just I don't think they got a chance with the Lions.
Speaker 2: Like azeloney back and the Commanders.
Speaker 1: Multiple kickers this year, multiple kickers they've kind of sited go through revolving to her, whether be injuries or guys just.
Speaker 2: Got to get the hell out of there.
Speaker 1: This time of year, when you're in those close games, you need a kicker that you can trot out there and feel very comfortable with.
Speaker 2: They don't have that right now.
Speaker 1: And I know it seems like very small, but like those three points are matter every single time. If you you to get on the field and walk away with points, whether it be three or six, like that is so incredibly important important, and the commanders don't have a guy that they feel comfortable with. I mean, now, kicker is what's the kicker's name?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: And he's got he's got the OCD right like he's the white he's taking his shoes off all that hurricane situation where he's where he can't do all of those things, and they're rushing the offense off.
Speaker 5: The field and.
Speaker 2: He's got to go through all those things.
Speaker 1: That's very I don't have those D but I'm assuming, like you got to do your ship to feel comfortable about.
Speaker 4: Just to counter that a little bit, both of these offensive their success rate on on drives is over fifty percent on putting points on the board.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 6: But they've gone into the lions Dan like this is about to be I know.
Speaker 4: I just say it was Johnson, Aaron probably even both for head coaching jobs, like this is the this is the year where it's all in for this was it like Washington's building off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're excited for the future. They got to be playoff win against the Bucks last week.
Speaker 6: The lines are they about to make a lot of changes at the coaching staff after this year because a lot of these dudes about to get head coaching jobs.
Speaker 1: We got some fun stats on here, man, you got some fun stats against the about the spread?
Speaker 5: Read read that long one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the long one.
Speaker 1: Home teams in Division Round and Division Round coming off of buye are thirty three forty two and one against the spread. That's forty four percent. Since two thousand and three, there are seventeen to twenty four and one against the number forty as favorites of seven or more points off of a buy Even against teams playing in the second straight postseason road game, the team's coming off the bye is still fifteen to twenty two and one against the spread forty one percent.
Speaker 4: Just that data makes me feel okay about the Commanders, But.
Speaker 5: I do I don't know, because that's.
Speaker 2: One one section Lions.
Speaker 1: They're six and one against the spread in their last seven and Sixmmanders they're fourteen and five against the spreading the last nineteen games. They're five and one in their last six against NFC East opponents.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like, so there's there's a bunch of different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you can say all you can read all this and it confuses you everything, all right.
Speaker 1: So so just to just to be clear, I'm going Lions, You're going Commanders, Commanders.
Speaker 2: Don't feel good, don't feel good, but go committed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great week for you to kind of tail you actually because he's one and nine week. Yeah, a lot of people will go and say, oh, I'm fading everything he does. But really this is like basically a trampoline. Like you've hit the bottom of the trampoline, Neaver the sail out of the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you hope, So I hope.
Speaker 1: So I hope not because we're kind of off, we're different, right, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Rams at the Eagles. Eagles favored by six and a half to over. Under on this game is forty four and a half points. I think this is a lock.
Speaker 2: Eagles. Hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's break it down a little bit though, because the lock Eagles, Matthew Stafford in the playoffs, Cooper Cup, Cooka Nakula defense, Defenses, you know, the bottom bottom half in every category right now, They've been playing much better as But if he just looks pacifically, I think their best, Like I think overall defense are like seventeen and then after that kind of fizzles out.
Speaker 2: Nine sacks last week, nine nine sacks last.
Speaker 1: We just have a fantastic run game. They have a great offensive line. They got receivers that can burn you, that can get the yak.
Speaker 2: That's physical, physical.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 1: But Sean McVay, I.
Speaker 6: Like Sean McVay what his team on.
Speaker 5: Getting those guys prepared.
Speaker 1: Gets them prepared. But you're flying across the country. You're going to Philadelphia, Philadelphia. Guy just got fired for calling a girl I see you next Tuesday during a game of Packers.
Speaker 2: Girl.
Speaker 1: Poor girl was just getting absolutely rated.
Speaker 6: I thought that was like, like they faked that though.
Speaker 2: That's a normal thing, that's what you're talking. I mean, that's a normal thing happens.
Speaker 1: But this guy just gets caught on camera doing what all Philly fans seem like they do not say there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like the Eagles. I think this is one.
Speaker 4: So you can really get caught up in the Rams having a good win over the Vikings, and it's a prime.
Speaker 2: Spot to think, hey, this could be an upset for with the Rams. BO does it say all these games.
Speaker 1: It's like when I take the Chiefs, I'm thinking Houston versus the Chargers. Chargers kind of lost their their offense played so poorly, and I think kind of the same thing as the Rams last week, Like the Vikings go into an opportunity to hit the one seed against the Detroit Lions, ship the bet in that situation. Then they go in this game and Sam Dalal kind of seems like the same quarterback he was in the last week before. So now the whole narrative run the Vikings like, hey, were they really good or they have a nice little streak. It's it's crazy how the mind can go in this situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the way Stafford finished the year, he was pretty average, and then he kind of comes alive last week, like the passing offense is what kept them in the game, along with their defense getting nine sacks. But a couple of those stats out there for you. Stafford is two and four in January in one and six in the rain. There's some winter mixed snow rain that's gonna be happening in Philly.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be cold.
Speaker 4: I like Philly because this is the number one pass defense in the league. They got sacks everywhere across the board in their entire front seven, like Dean and Bond can get after your ass up the middle, and they fly all around making plays everywhere.
Speaker 2: They got a great back end.
Speaker 4: I think the pass offense gets shut down, which is what's gonna That's what would keep the Rams in the game. I like the Eagles a lot because again, this isn't you know. The Vikings offensive line was banged up, old boy. Their left tackle went down, a right tackle goes down mid game. Yeah, they kind of have some issues during the game. Like the Eagles have a hell of an offensive line. They're smart, they're athletic, they're big, they're strong, physical.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna lean. I like them. I like the Eagles to cover.
Speaker 8: Is out to n Kobe Dean, the linebacker. You just said, he's out.
Speaker 5: He's out.
Speaker 2: He's a hell of a player. He's gonna be he's gonna have a long I think he's two big spreads.
Speaker 1: You look at with the Lions and the Eagles like it comes down to the trenches and like the trench warfare in there. When you get into the cold weather, the rain, the snow, whatever it might be, that's when you lean on the big uglies and you really like you really draw a line of standu from a toughness category. The Eagles have that they have the offensive line to get that done.
Speaker 4: And when the Eagles beat their ass earlier in the year, they only gave up one sack.
Speaker 2: So yeah, you can again get.
Speaker 4: Caught up in this young defensive line that's gotten better throughout the year. We're gonna see because you know they're watching all the tape. I'm sure the offensive line room from the Eagles are looking at watching the Vikings, be like, how do you get beating these one on one situations?
Speaker 2: Not pick up these stunts. I think they'll be ready to go out like the Eagles of cover.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm taking the rounds.
Speaker 6: I think Matt Stafford, you know, gonna come through get this. I'm taking I'm taking them for the cover, don't. I think the Eagles should win, But if they do happen to win, this game. I know the Rams are looking forward to playing Detroit, and that's what I'm looking for.
Speaker 5: I want to see that Detroit.
Speaker 6: I want to see the rounds versus going back to Detroit, going back to right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I want that. So I got it.
Speaker 6: I'm taking the rounds man to cover. Hopefully they win the game. But again, y'all said a lot of good things about the Eagles. They are a very good team, got a good ball, great players over there, and it's.
Speaker 1: So different from last year. Like the records are very similar, but like the way they started and finished the season are like poor opposites. Yeah, like they they are so strong at the end of the year. They have that confidence Serian it seems like he's firing. Like I like the Eagles. I like the Eagles a lot. I think it ends next week it's the Lions. That's my first initial thoughts. I want to watch these games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, yeah, I'm with it. Last one of the weekend the Big Dog Ravens at Buffalo. Yeah, the spread on this the Ravens are favored by one and a half in Buffalo.
Speaker 2: You over under on this game's fifty one and a half.
Speaker 5: Steven you opinion I'm just fucking around.
Speaker 2: What a shot? Holy shit? Exactly? Do well?
Speaker 9: Brother?
Speaker 2: We love you, hey, you know man, go ahead.
Speaker 6: Oh, i'd let you all go. Y'all go ahead because y'all know who I'm going with, so I'll let y'all go.
Speaker 4: I like the Ravens. I love both these teams. Like I'm weirdly, I got a futures on the Ravens. I put that in last week because they can't wait for you to bring out that data.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just think it's the Ravens. Man.
Speaker 4: They beat the Bills as earlier this year in Week four, and this is when their defense wasn't even operating and their offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well their offense wasn't.
Speaker 1: That was just figure out what's it like?
Speaker 2: They did whoop the Bills.
Speaker 4: But again, the way the defense was playing earlier in the year compared to the way they're playing now, Josh Allen's gonna have to have an incredible game. They're gonna have to find a way to have explosive plays. They're gonna have to have like a Tay lawan aesque Vegas trip with explosive plays to win this game. I really think so. Because their run game, Lamar that defense. They're just they're firing right now. They seem like they have the confidence and they have the team, They have the outfit to go into Buffalo and beat this team.
Speaker 2: So I like the Ravens. Yeah. Yeah, their defense putting.
Speaker 1: I think they gave up like forty plus points multiple times during the year that the only team to do that. Milano is backing aund and we talked about Milana last year.
Speaker 2: We love talking about Milano. All boy, beautiful individual. Flowers is back this week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I know they added Dante again on the roster, Dante Johnson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I didn't know Deontay Johnson.
Speaker 6: I didn't know if Flowers was coming back.
Speaker 4: Because Flowers is going to be active this week, which again gives them another wrinkle in their game because they were hitting them.
Speaker 2: They were killing Pittsburgh with that zone zone Lamar running everywhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I think the Bill I think the Bills are gonna have have a tough time.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I want to shout out Skip from Vegas there, Jackie, Skip sent me a nice little piece of data. Twenty and one, a twenty eight year old Trent Dilford won the Super Bowl for the Baltimore Ravens. Fast forward twelve years later, Flacco, twenty eight years old, wins the Super Bowl for the Ravens. Now, we are twelve years from Flacco winning the Super Bowl and Lamar Jackson just celebrated his twenty eighth birthday. Wow, which brings in you know, time is we're really just in a simulation at this point.
Speaker 5: That a piece of data.
Speaker 1: But for raven fans, it's an interesting question. If you are watching the show, it's like, hey, let's say you go and you win the super Bowl this year, based on history, you have to wait another twelve years. Yeah, right, would you rather win the super Bowl this year or lose it and then break up that little history and maybe you can chunk out a couple in the next couple of.
Speaker 5: Years that you don't have it.
Speaker 2: You always had that on that piece of data on Instagram, and I saw that.
Speaker 1: I was like, that is exactly what you're looking for when you get into the playoff times, what are you looking for? And that is awesome.
Speaker 2: Twelve years apart because you had last year. Yeah, the thirteen, one and three seed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Taylor Swiss favorite number thirteen brought pretty Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually that didn't come through there. What do you mean that didn't come through? You're saying it didn't. I think we ended up taking the forty nine ers because of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you said because of a number, right.
Speaker 2: You flip it because it's like.
Speaker 5: Game, Yeah, yeah, they got.
Speaker 6: Didn't thought I thought you was gonna go Bills because I thought it was gonna split.
Speaker 1: It out and listen, I love I love Josh Allen, I love the Bills. That's an awesome ball club out there. But I just think something's a little bit different when you put to put a guy like Dereck Henry in there. Like you watch the Ravens last couple of years. They go in with all this steam. Lamar Jackson's a front runner for the MVP on a consistent basis at this point, but they get into the playoffs and they try to beat him through the air, and you watch them last week and it's like, no, they're like, funk that. Let's let's let the ground game open up the air for us. And then you got two tight ends likely and Andrews that now you can work from the hashmarks out and it's just great to have you can dish it off that you can give the Derek, give it to Derek. Hit a quick out with Andrews and you got likely in the corner, Lamar Jackson. When the when the play starts to break down, there's no one better in the league of extending plays. I really like the Ravens this year. I think they're doing they're doing special things.
Speaker 5: You gotta tackle Derek and the code.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's brutal.
Speaker 5: You saw with Pittsburgh. They you saw they started letting him.
Speaker 2: Go about forward.
Speaker 1: I like the Ravens. I like the Ravens, and I like the points to fifty one and a half. I like the points.
Speaker 2: I mean, his bills are going to school. Raven Stephens is good.
Speaker 1: They are good, and I can see him both putting some points up. Now, all right, let's get.
Speaker 2: To the fun.
Speaker 4: Fire Balls yeah, fire Yeah, all right, Our balls and parlays this week or brought to us by the one and only Fireball fire Balls. A perfect shot for game day, whether you're buying those sneaky little shoes before going into the stadium or going big with the fireball keke for your tailgate pregame shot and the tailgate lot, or a celebratory touchdowns shot at the bar, No matter what.
Speaker 2: It's guaranteed doing that at your game day, fellas, Let's get spicy. Let's get spicy. Do you want to go first? You want me to go first?
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter? Yeah, I can. I can start ratt on them all. Lay off Willie back in action. All right, fellas, hear me out, hear me out.
Speaker 2: I believe it's eleven legs that I have. It was up until midnight putting this together.
Speaker 4: I'm rocking Scotty, putting her down, letting her know, Hey, daddy might have a stick of dynamite this weekend.
Speaker 2: That's gonna shock the world.
Speaker 1: Leg Number one explosives and children. Man, nothing goes better together.
Speaker 4: Rams At Eagles over forty three and a half points. Jalen Hurts to have forty plus rushing yards in the game. I think that defensive line gets after him a little bit. He's gonna have to make plays with his legs, he said. Over forty plus, like double digit.
Speaker 2: Times this year, okay. Leg number three Eagles minus six Umber four Aman Ross Saint Brown.
Speaker 4: Eighty plus reception yards receiving yards the Washington Detroit game over forty seven and a half points. Jane Daniels over two hundred and fifty yards passing, Derrick Henry anytime touchdown, Derrick Henry over ninety seven and a half rushing yards, Houston Kansas City over forty one and a half total points, and Nico Collins anytime touchdown.
Speaker 1: You got some terrifying picks in there, but give us the odds.
Speaker 4: As the payoff, Willie Parlay, that is plus nineteen hundred in eight hundred and twenty four.
Speaker 2: Almost plus twenty thousand.
Speaker 5: There you go, plus nineteen.
Speaker 2: Hundred eighty four. Let's get paid. Let's get paid. Come on now, all right, I like it. If you that'll be in the sport.
Speaker 1: If you want to get crazy, you want to get crazy, go and do that.
Speaker 2: My own a little more conservative you.
Speaker 1: This one's only you want a more conservative plus, This one's plus sixteen thousand. It's only nine legs, so it's a lot easier. Look at this is if you feel comfortable with the picks that I that I chose as well. I got Houston Texans plus eight and a half. Love that we're gonna move the line on the Detroit Lions. They're now winning that game six and a half or more. So now we just gotta win by a touchdown. That always makes me feel a little bit more comfortable when you get in that eight range. Sometimes you get down to the last drive, they score a touchdowns like, well, fuck that one by seven, but eight ye okay, six and a half. Jamar Gibbs anytime touchdown.
Speaker 2: We love it. We love that one. We feel good about that about now. Stay sticking with the same game. Sam Laporta.
Speaker 1: Plus fifty yards receiving Dank and Donk let him know what's going on, having a couple extra yards at Yack. I thought about going into the quarterback category of fresh yards, but I cannot stand taking knees and sacks and having that go against your rush count.
Speaker 2: That always freaks me out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Ravens minus one and a half. Now I want you guys to know I took the Ravens when they're a minus one. That's okay, it is what it is. This still feels very comfortable to me. We talked about their one game. I love it.
Speaker 2: Saquon Barkley anytime.
Speaker 1: Touchdown, Philly, if you want to win the game, you want to win the game by a lot, you give the ball to Saquon Barkley. He took away his rushing record got ahead and give him a couple of touchdowings.
Speaker 4: Imagine every Legue hits and then Lamar or Saquon breaks and then just slides down.
Speaker 1: He will do that, Saquon Barkley more than twenty five yards receiving a couple of hey, yeap, just hey, check down, Charlie's a couple of let them have it real quick, money in the.
Speaker 5: Bank, you would say more than five or seven?
Speaker 3: A J.
Speaker 2: Brown? How many? How many receptions at AG have last week? One?
Speaker 5: Who know?
Speaker 1: For those of you who speak Spanish, Oh, I got him plus six receptions. This time AG's going to the locker room. He's happy they want a game. At the same time, he's like, I really want their fucking ball, and you know, Hurts walks over and pats him on the ass.
Speaker 2: Bro We're gonna get you a couple.
Speaker 1: They go in that little team meeting room. They off it's a meeting room. There is Hey, Agie, we're getting started pretty quick. A couple of bubbles, a couple of this, couple of slants. But he'd be ready. You're in our top fifteen places. We're gonna get you the ball multiple times. I feel good about that one. That probably is the scariest one though, however, because you're just kind of praying and hoping and wanting for receptions. Last one, go ahead and check this box off real quick. That's Derek Henry.
Speaker 2: Any time touchdown you lock them boys in.
Speaker 1: I can promise you that you have the opportunity to get plus sixteen one hundred five eight hundred and fourteen, so almost plus seventeen thousand, almost plus seventeen thousand.
Speaker 2: I feel good, you know what.
Speaker 4: I know what I had in my stick of dynamite before I tapered it down and went a little more conservative so we could.
Speaker 2: Kind of hand the money to people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had Derrick Henry two touchdowns in there.
Speaker 5: Oh, I mean that's doable. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't hate the rush yard thing is Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to say, like, I don't get too crazy right right because the thirty thousand didn't hit last week, but maybe the twenty thousand that might be my suit spot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when I saw those, now here's here's what I love.
Speaker 1: A drafting sportsbook app When you start putting in parlays and you want to go up to nine legs or whatever, it'll sort of section games off like same game parlays.
Speaker 2: I do love that.
Speaker 1: A nice little plus one forty ravens minus one half Derek Hennery anytime touchdown. That's a nice little one forty four, little little sauce overslaer as you're jumping in this nine league parlay.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Another one that I really like. Oh you're gonna go through all the same game parlays six and a half.
Speaker 1: Sam Laporta fifty yards plus receiving Jamar gives you any time touchdout. That's two eighty four. I got an eight to fifty in here. You guys don't get.
Speaker 4: To hear it what I appreciate from the Draftings sports book because they know you're gonna lose, but they give you a no sweat bet. And I lost this two hundred fifty dollars bet last week. But now I got to put that two fifty in no sweat bag, get to put it back in the book. I put two fifty on that parlay, so I'm set to I'm set. I put two hundred and fifty in and I'm set to win over fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: That's insane.
Speaker 2: God, I mean, can flip it on their head.
Speaker 5: You started to bat him though.
Speaker 2: Right, he said, Hey, don't worry about that. Will give you a future, got your ass? Yeah, I like it. You don't give me an extra life because I'm gonna do something with it. There he goes, all.
Speaker 4: Right, bet the Boys parlay brought to us by who we were just so.
Speaker 9: Can we bet that your bet won't win?
Speaker 2: I don't think so, since it's like player of props, right.
Speaker 9: The odds I'm the bookkeeper, McPherson bookkeeping just came in.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 9: Odds are minus eight hundred betting against will.
Speaker 2: Oh No ship.
Speaker 4: The Sunglasses on minus eight hundred. Yeah, I mean, look, I feel great about it.
Speaker 2: This is instinct. This is instinct. This is one instinct.
Speaker 1: Sometimes data will mess you up. Start looking at too much data, you get all wacky.
Speaker 2: To go with field, I had to go with feel, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But the bet the Boys parlay is brought to us by Draft Kings the NFL playoffs.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the NFL playoffs.
Speaker 4: You bet we are get in on the action at the Draft Kings Sports Book, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdowns is the key to winning in the NFL playoffs, and the key to you scoring big is better on them. At DraftKings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Try betting on something simple like a player to score six points for you. Go to the DraftKings sports Book gap and make your pick. Here's another reason to watch your favorite players crushing the playoffs. New customers that bet five dollars will get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets. Score big during the NFL playoffs with the DraftKings sports book.
Speaker 2: Download the app. Use code Locker that's code Locker for.
Speaker 4: New customers to get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings, the crown is yours.
Speaker 2: This one's gonna seem too easy because it's you know, but no guarantees. We can't guarantee, no guarantees, no guarantee, no guarantees.
Speaker 5: We did say guarantee you if have we ever said guaranteed?
Speaker 1: No, can't take guarantee that there's like there's like some fine printing there.
Speaker 2: You can't do. Can't take guarantee, can't gambler, gambler.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, gambler, How.
Speaker 2: Do we feel what do you want? How do you feel about this?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 2: James Cook?
Speaker 4: I mean, Mitch, give us some nice little plugs here, James, could you got Derrick Henry got sick one?
Speaker 5: I mean, god damn, let's take the easiest one. Let's walk away with a dub.
Speaker 2: We gave you will and I's Parladies are great.
Speaker 5: Huh like what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: You got plus thirty six thousand between me and but you.
Speaker 6: Got so many legs you gotta hit. That's just that's why they make it that way. Obviously, the odds are hitting all of them as harder.
Speaker 5: Obviously.
Speaker 2: I like David Montgomery. I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jamiir Gibbs, excuse me, Jamiir Gibbs.
Speaker 6: I'm going Dereck Henry because if you want to win, let Derek spand that's just how I believe it.
Speaker 2: Montgomery, Derek throwing that second one? Which one? That second one?
Speaker 4: Travis Kelsey, Yeah, David Montgomery, Travis Kelsey, Derrick Henry.
Speaker 5: How many touchdowns? How many touchdowns do Travis have this year? Though? Yeah, awesome, It's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 1: Playoff Travis.
Speaker 6: He is playoff Travis, which we know he has the most receptions and any I think that anybody in the playoffs, I think, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so. Is that true?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Because I thought we have those Jerry Rice, right, he just he topp Jerry Rice last year.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 2: I thought take it run with.
Speaker 5: This most Yeah, I just said Jerry.
Speaker 2: Sweet.
Speaker 6: I mean that may go because he is playoff Travis, we all know. And Taylor Swift gonna be in the building, ship, gonna be crazy.
Speaker 5: That may be a good one. Yeah, always rocking. When is it not rocking?
Speaker 2: For three in a row?
Speaker 5: When is it not rocky? Y'all didn't have to walk through when.
Speaker 2: It wasn't rocking Week one, twenty fourteen, that's when it wasn't rocking. Glenny beat that it was rocket until we.
Speaker 5: Hey, it was rocking until we when we till we this is what we did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Dravis Kelcey, David Montgomery, and Derrick Henry love it. Love that.
Speaker 5: Jesus.
Speaker 1: They don't understand playoff Travis Vegas does not understand playoff Travis.
Speaker 4: Plus four ninety eight plus we'll rock that one, beautiful bet so quickly go over college.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go over college. Let's jump in there.
Speaker 1: One game left, Ohio State, Notre Dame brought to us by DraftKings.
Speaker 4: From football playoffs to college pro basketball, the rush of hockey.
Speaker 2: What a time to be a sports fan, What a time to be alive. It's all happening.
Speaker 4: You can get in all the action of the sports you love at the DraftKings sports Book. That means unlimited opportunities to place your first bet, and DraftKings makes it easy again. New customers, you bet five dollars, you will get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets.
Speaker 2: Download the Draft Kings sports Book gap used code locker.
Speaker 4: New customers, We'll get two hundred dollars and bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only.
Speaker 2: On the DraftKings Sportsbook. The crown is yours. Ohio State Notre Dame. Notre Dame is favored by.
Speaker 1: What and as not favorite?
Speaker 2: Ohio State is favored by eight and a half the over under on that game. I think it's Ohio State.
Speaker 4: I saw this spicy video by Marcus Freeman at halftime talking about the seven point game, like he was just feeding the boys some wisdom. That got me a little lit up and like, hey, Notre Dame might be able to pull this off, but I don't overthink it. Ohio State is there, They're much more talented. They're gonna be challenging the run game against Notre Dame, but I think they're up for the task.
Speaker 1: I loves get that he's got that right knee brace. Still didn't stop it from hurtling a guy and losing two yards on a rush.
Speaker 4: But like still, I think Jack Sawyer is gonna get crazy, make a big play. I like Ohio State to win the national title minus a and half.
Speaker 2: I like him to cover.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just it's a tough one.
Speaker 6: You got what Notre Dame ain't won one since Lou Holtz and since nineteen eighty eight, I want to say, won the national title. And then Ohio State what they won one since twenty fourteen or something like that.
Speaker 2: Four.
Speaker 6: I mean, god, damn, this is just tough. I feel like both teams are hungry, both teams want it, and it's hard to go against a former player who played the game at a high level. Obviously, we know he went to Ohio State. Notre Dame head coach went to Ohio State.
Speaker 5: Coach that Purdue. Now he's dead coach for a moment, What a moment the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Against the team he played for.
Speaker 6: It's like, damn, I want to root for norid to Dame so bad.
Speaker 5: Y'all know how I've been rooting for Norida Dame this whole time. But Damn, Ohio State.
Speaker 2: They're so good. They're so good.
Speaker 1: They're so good on both sides of the ball, and they have like their entire defense in good the NFL. Yeah, right now, their best players are freshmen. Will Howard's slinging the ball around pretty well.
Speaker 4: There's like the side by said too, of the recruits that they have, Like Ohio State has like ten five stars on the team, the Notre Dame zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's definitely you look at the talent discrepancy, it's very very one sided towards Ohio State. I love Marcus Freeman. I love the fact that he went to Ohio State. I saw a really cool story with him sitting down with is it Jim Tressel, that's the old Oahoa State coach. He was sitting down with Jim Trussell and he was telling a story about him being at Ohio State knowing that his career was probably over. It was probably like, wasn't good enough to go to the NFL, and he really wanted to get into coaching, so he approached Jim Trussell about being a GA and just going about it.
Speaker 2: Literally.
Speaker 1: After that conversation, he gets a call from the Indianapolis Colts said, hey, come down give we're going to sign you to practice wall. We're going to see how it works out for you. So he gets in his car, he drives four or five hours from Columbus, Ohio, down to Indianapolis, meets with them, does it physical, and before he leaves for that drive, he calls Trussell, who's a fantastic coach by the way, whether I like Ohoa State or not, he was a fantastic coach, and he says, listen, you can play as long as you can, and coaching will always be here for you. You'll always have a job here. He goes down Indianapolis, he gets he does the workout, starts to get his physical done, and they find this this thing in his heart, like an enlarged artery in his hard I'm not saying that correctly. Essentially, they sit him down and say we're not able to sign you because of this, and all thirty one other teams are not gonna be able to sign you either.
Speaker 2: So he knew right then and there he.
Speaker 1: Gets back in his car starts driving up to Columbus and he talks about the story and he's like, I'm literally smiling to myself because even though this small little opportunity seem like I presented itself, it was always coaching and I always want to stay in the game, and I love the game that I love Mark Stream, I love his in the world. Yeah, like he he referred to it as a god thing like this, like this was basically God telling me I am supposed to be coaching. I hate the fact that a hot state's going to win this game. I hate the fact that a hot state's.
Speaker 2: Going to cover this game.
Speaker 5: I'm going Notre Dame just because of that.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know I'd be excited to see Notre Dame, and.
Speaker 2: It really is. This is to me.
Speaker 1: When I was in the Big Ten, Notre Dame was so involved with Big ten teams that I view Notre Dame as a Big Ten. This is a Big ten national championship. Now since then, they've kind of played more a SEC games. You kind of go back to twenty twelve and when the sec was relevant. Notre Dame played in the National Championship game against the Crimson Tide and they lost the game forty two to fourteen. They had great leadership, they had a lot of talent on that team. It just didn't work out for them. I want it to be competitive. I just think when you see the fire that's been lit under Ahio State's ass and what they've been able to do, and just when do you see my Texas might come back and do it? There's that stripsack fumball box syer for the touchdown. It's it's tough to say they're not gonna win it. It's tough to say they're not gonna win it and they're not gonna come.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna do that.
Speaker 2: I know that.
Speaker 5: Ohio, I'm to take Notre Dame to cover.
Speaker 2: How cool is that story?
Speaker 5: It was good? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: I like I saw that as I was literally driving in. I had it and I was just like listening to it.
Speaker 5: You don't think he's playing that right now for the team.
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I think I think I think Marcus Freeman is not making it about himself. Guys, you guys want to believe watched me for a second. Coachres Yeah, I'm here, but I got and I'm stoke. I I never grew up a big fan of DME, but not a big fan of the Dame.
Speaker 2: I know you grew up. He was a Notre Dame fan.
Speaker 1: Want it for, Shane, Want it for the people that you know in South End who treat us like like we played there when we go in.
Speaker 4: But it's tough for college football tradition. Yeah, And just to add to this, it was like do what we want to college football? Like college football tradition, like Notre Dame win the national title. Yeah, you want it for I want to see like this this come back around. Uh and that off that too, Like I just you know, he's such a good dude that the players will love to play for. Because the moment that he got announced when not Chip Kelly Brian Kelly left, like they were all ecstatic, like who Ron and the gym the strength coach had him up. They announced that he was going to be it, and everybody rallied around him like you know, this is a dude that they love to play for, that they would die for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool, that's cool.
Speaker 9: I love you have something the storyline nobody is talking about is Lou Holtz has been chirping Ryan Day since day one. Really yesterday he came at him with this one. He said, if Notre Dame doesn't win, it's because we want to preserve Ryan Day's job. I was originally going to be at the game in spirit, but now I'll be dragging my.
Speaker 2: Body along as well, chirping him. Bro. And it is in Ryan Day.
Speaker 9: You remember when he lost his mind after they beat them, like a couple of years ago. Lou Holtz is living rent free in his head. And Lou Holtz, he was born in nineteen thirty seven. The last time Notre Dame beatle House State was in nineteen thirty six. In his lifetime, he's never seen Notre Dame beat ohiose State? That might change this weekend.
Speaker 2: That's a beautiful statue. Oh wait, John Hey all right in the KP. Hovey, j P. Hovey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I uh, I want to come in here and find something to say State's gonna lose this game Not Dame.
Speaker 2: Like it's great and I'm so ready to get caught up in the emotion. Just go Notre Dame money line, do it? Right now. I'm so ready. I'll do it with you. Do it for Lou Holtz. Do it for Lou Holts. He's thinking about you right now.
Speaker 5: Let's do it money Line, do it for Holds, do for Freeman. You're doing money line, Notre Dame, not money.
Speaker 2: Line, Notre Dame. Money line. Sure, Yale, Let's burn the fun out of our money. Yeah, all because we want to put our heart on the table.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got another. I'm taking the points though, not money Line.
Speaker 2: Just writer guy, not a team guy.
Speaker 5: They not my team Central Missouri.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: This is our ballsy fan calling this week, presented by Fireball. The Ballsy College Pick of the Week is sponsored by Fireball far Ball. It's a perfect shot for game day, whether you're buying those sneaky little shooters before going into the stadium or going big with a Fireball keg for your tailgate. Whether it's a pregame shot in the tailgate lot or a celibratory touchdown shot at the bar, No matter what, it's guaranteed to.
Speaker 2: Turn up your game day. This balls fan calling comes from from whom itch comes from.
Speaker 5: Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 2: Oh, Matthew McConaughey. I want to thank Matthew. Matthe for a long time. We don't know they're gonna show up. I reserve my emotion. I think that's exciting. But if it's not him, it's gonna be okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, better be Hi.
Speaker 10: It's your uncle, Matthew, not really your uncle, but it is Matthew McConaughey. And heard the boys want me on the bus. What kind of bus do you guys have? Is there enough room for just me? Or cannot bring some friends, some family. It's all about being with friends and family, playoff football, staying warm outside. It's getting colder and colder. But they're talking about this global warming. The world's almost over. The NFL season's almost sober.
Speaker 2: I like that word. Though a lot of.
Speaker 10: People are scared of over, the over doesn't scare me. I'm taking the over in every fucking game this weekend. I'm talking NFL and college. That's plus twenty five hundred something odds.
Speaker 2: I like those odds. I'll take those odds.
Speaker 10: See you boys in the DraftKings sports book.
Speaker 11: Alright, alright, alright, o wrong, Yeah, rub, it's pretty good, incredible, I will say I do like the overs as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's your entire parlay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love the I so McConaughey's parlay is Commanders versus Lions over fifty five and a half, Texas Chiefs over forty one and a half, Ravens Bills over fifty one and a half, Rams Eagles over forty three and a half. Ohio State under name over forty six and a half, a total of two thousand, five and forty three.
Speaker 2: I love it. Well done, show, mackew McConney, Thank you, Matte mccaney, give us McConaughey, come on busting.
Speaker 1: All of the show. HELLVI show love show. Thank you guys, as always. We'll be back next week. College what will be over? Yeah, if we have a moment of silence, thank you.
Speaker 4: Thank you College football next week AFC NFC Championship Week.
Speaker 2: We'll see you then. Big hugs, head kisses.
Speaker 1: Please subscribe on Subscribery, subscribe and comment like five stars.
Speaker 2: Thy you guys, Thank you,