Speaker 1: Your execution on the Donkey of the day is something to go hold for.
Speaker 2: The reason they gave me donkey other day, and I deserve that. You need to know what you need to tell them. I am you have THEO tell.
Speaker 3: Them it's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 2: It's a read. But you're so good at Charlamagne.
Speaker 4: He wants Charlamagne.
Speaker 2: Oh damn chlomamee.
Speaker 4: Who's given dunsky other day?
Speaker 5: Soon?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: Well, Sexy read Donkey today for Wednesday, April thirtieth goes to John Halliburton. If you don't know who John Halliburton is. John is the father of Indiana Paces star Tyrese Haliburton. Now, last night, the Indiana Paces eliminated the Milwaukee Bucks in the NBA Playoffs. Strop on the coud bombs in Indiana Paces epic collapse by the Milwaukee Bucks. The Paces were down by seven points with forty seconds left in overtime, and then the books completely collapsed and Tyrese Halliburton's supplied the game winner.
Speaker 2: Let's listen to how I went down Halliburton five seconds one point three to go, Pacers going. He's Gary Trent Junior.
Speaker 4: End up Pacer start moving on thought.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: Naturally, after a win like that, emotions were high. Okay, if you're a Pacers fan, you was on cloud nine. If you're a fan of Tyrese Haliburton, oh, in that moment, you thought he was the greatest thing since the late great Kobe Bryant. And there is no bigger fan of you when it comes to sports than your parents. Okay, especially your father and Tyresee's dad, john sits.
Speaker 2: Court side at the games.
Speaker 4: Well, he got a little too excited because he decided to tunt you, Honis, by coming on the floor and holding up a towel with his son's face on it and shouting variations of this is what we have been do. Let's go to inside the NBA for the report police, let's listen to him.
Speaker 5: Was some love for some talking after the day, and then and then it was his dad. Yeah, it looks like halla Burton and Jest make nice and that everybody else does too.
Speaker 3: We we we love mister Halliburton. Come see the show. Don't beat the show. See the show.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think I saw ty re Is already apologized for his dad's actions for what because he wanted he don't run on the court, like know, you don't know? You don't Kevin, see the show. Don't beat the show.
Speaker 3: You can't run on the stage, cannot run on the court. And everybody on the court, everybody on the court on the court, stop, no, you stop it. He's not supposed.
Speaker 2: To be on the court.
Speaker 3: Just talked to him, forget all.
Speaker 2: No, he was on the court.
Speaker 7: So what the reason you think he said something?
Speaker 2: He probably know he dad.
Speaker 4: Is come see the show. Don't beat the show. I like that, Kenny Listen. I could go either way on this. It can be harmless or it can be harmful. But the NBA has to do a better job of protecting his stars.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: People think that just because these folks make hundreds of millions of dollars, they.
Speaker 2: Should be okay with fans talking crazy to them.
Speaker 4: Sure, heckling is one thing, but coming on the floor, no, do that from the stands.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: And furthermore, and the reason I'm giving John donkey today is because it's not about you.
Speaker 2: As Kenny Smith said, it's not about you. Okay.
Speaker 4: People need to learn that their actions do affect other people. So be careful what you say and do because it's not always just about you, John, I know that's your son. I know that you're excited, but you have to remember you represent your son in that moment, so don't do anything that embarrasses him or makes him look foolish. Also, when was the security? Why were Yannis and John allowed to get uh? I was about to say face to face, but it was more like, you know, face to waste, okay, fate. Why were they allowed to get faced to waste on each other like that? I mean Janni's towels over John, But why did that exchange even happen? I know team staffles, you know, pulled Giannis away, but why were they allowed to get that close to each other to begin with it? Y' If Yannis saw John taunting him, I'm sure others did too, so you had to know Yanna's going over to him because they were about to exchange pleasantries. Okay, what if emotions and egos would have got the best of them and they ended up scrapping right in and there. It's just stupid and it's all over things that could be prevented.
Speaker 2: Now, would you like to hear what Giannis had to say about it? Let's listen.
Speaker 1: Losing the game, emotions run high having a fan, which at the moment I thought it was fun, but then I realized it was Tyrtis's son, which I love Titis. I think is a great competitor. He was his dad. Sorry, coming in the floor and showing me his son a towel with his face. This is what we do, this is what we have to do. This if we do. I feel like that's very, very disrespectful. I'm happy for him him, and I'm happy for his son, and I'm happy that he's happy for his son. That's how you're supposed to feel. But coming to me and this expecting me and cursing at me, I think it's totally unacceptable, totally unacceptable. I'm not the guy that points fingers because in my neighborhood Snages gets stitches, so I don't want to say something, you know, for him to say to get to find on anything. But it's not respectful. I talked with him at the end and to be uh, I think we did a good place.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 4: The way Joanna said coming on the floor the towels sounded nasty, but Danna felt disrespected. Okay, who are we to tell him otherwise? Tyrese Haliburton said his father was wrong.
Speaker 2: Let's listen.
Speaker 6: You know, as far as the incident between the honest and my pops, I had no idea what happened till I got to the back and we showed the video. Uh. Me and my pops have talked about that, and I don't agree with you know what what transpired there from him. You know, you know, I think basketball is basketball and let's keep it on the court. And I think that he just you know, got excited saw us make the game winner and came on the court. But I think we had we had a conversation, and you know, I think he just needs to just allow me to just play basketball. Stay over there. I'll come to him to celebrate, but I'll talk with Joannest eventually about it. Just you know, I don't think that my pops wasn't the right at all there and.
Speaker 4: All it is taking away from the fact that they came back from behind and he scored a game winner. Now you got to sit up there and explain about his dad's actions. Okay, his dad apologized. He said, I sincerely apologize to Giannis, the Milwaukee Bucks, and the PACES organization for my actions following tonight's game, this was not a good reflection on our sport. Are my son and I will not make that mistake again. What is the lesson to be learned here? It's simple for me and we talked about this in another donkey earlier this week. And the lesson to be learned is our actions are guaranteed to affect others because we are not alone in this world. John made a moment that was about his son, about him. Your son hit the game winner salute. That has nothing to do with Janni's Okay, they lost. Yanna's not even a player who taunts people. Very humble man, So what was the point? But once again, our actions are guaranteed to affect others. John, you represent more than yourself. You represent your son. Okay, you have to be that much more aware of how you present yourself because you are representing more than you. I know your last name is on the back of that pace's jersey, but that's not you, brouh. You're not out there getting buckets. Your son is and his game speaks for itself. Okay, it doesn't need you speaking for it. Parents should cheer from the stands, not confront players on the court. So for that lapse in judgment, please give John Halliburton the biggest he haull.
Speaker 2: It's really that simple. Yeah, crazy, I want to say I do. I am really really proud of you for a segment.
Speaker 4: You've been giving people donkey fava, and you read so eloquently every day. You shouldn't be impressed by people that know how to read good first of all. It should be right.
Speaker 2: And I don't even care about it. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Can't even take compliments like damn, well yi, y'all was no, no, no, no, yes, I was da.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to say, oh, my god, thank you so much, sister, very much, my sister. I appreciate that thank you, but I hate that word eloquently. I hate that wear that. We shouldn't be applauding. Nothing of this a literacy. People are supposed to be literate.
Speaker 4: Now we come back, doctor Lakeisha Hallman will be here. She has a new book called No One Is Self Made, a motivational self help guide with a community oriented approach. When we come back, we'll talk. We'll talk to doctor Lakeisha Hallman. Okay, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Donkey of today, is sponsored by renowned personal injury attorney Michael the Bull.
Speaker 2: Lamb is soft. Don't be a donkey when you need a fight. Her on your side.
Speaker 4: If you're ever injured, go to Michael to bull dot com. That's Michael to bull dot com. And when you mess with the bull, you get the Harns.