Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your Allegedly and my Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Reality with the King.
Speaker 2: It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality televisions with over ten years of production experience.
Speaker 1: Once a week from Reality with the King, we'll.
Speaker 2: Sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows, and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting.
Speaker 1: About this watch.
Speaker 2: Hey, rain Drops, I mean, do I even need to do an introduction?
Speaker 1: Well, maybe I do because Mistik is Bang Gig Honey, Yay, Jasmine, Hilly Bron.
Speaker 3: But the banks, but the bang, Oh my god, I'm so happy to be here with the King again.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for your bank. So what brought on this? Look? I'm living for it.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm in my NICKI Minaj era, Okay, I'm ready for Pink Friday the album.
Speaker 4: I'm ready for Pink Friday the perfume. I'm just ready.
Speaker 3: I should have thrown through in a little pink for all me exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm boways ready for Pink Friday. Nicki Minaj And.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna call you jazz chun Lee.
Speaker 1: Or are you Roman?
Speaker 4: I you know I am not Jasmine, I am Aladdin. You I've had not already.
Speaker 1: I have talked about my love for nick Managh.
Speaker 4: Do you know this?
Speaker 3: When I was at your home and you were getting ready and you were like, I'm about to listen to music, I'm like, what are you going to listen to? You're like, Nicki Minaj, I'm like, that's when I knew. I mean I knew from my first conversation, but it was at that moment I was like my discernment.
Speaker 4: I knew it. I knew we were going to see each other. I knew it.
Speaker 1: I'm not Jasmine, I'm Aladdin.
Speaker 2: You better give me a romance revenge featuring him. This episode is already off to a good start. I'm happy we're laughing because I don't think we're going to be laughing for the rest of this conversation because today we are talking about the Royal Housewahs of Potomac and rain drops.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, Jazzmin.
Speaker 2: Is on her YouTube hosting podcast ish. If you haven't watched her, go to her YouTube channel. She is amazing on TikTok. Please support my girl. She is doing what she's destined to do. And what I told Miss thinks like, you need to be really doing this, Jass. You're really good, Like come behind the scenes and show the world that this gorgeous black girl is capable of being multifaceteds.
Speaker 1: So I'm so proud of you. Just know that.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Uncle Los. I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 4: I genuinely appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You have been one of the people that's been like, bitch, stop producing. You're great at producing, but you know what you really can do. So I really appreciate the push.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, keep doing it.
Speaker 2: But on Sunday night, your TikTok video went viral.
Speaker 3: The Real Housewives of Potomac is so uncomfortable to watch. It is not a fun show to watch anymore. I feel like I am watching a group of enemies being forced to be in a room together, and it's starting to become uncomfortable. Okay, this neco girl comes in and starts saying this stuff about Wendy and Giselle, Robin Mia. They all just believe her word is bond and it's all due to their shared hatred for Wendy. But it's also so it's uncomfortable to watch them gang up on Wendy. It's also very uncomfortable to watch them all Ice Canvas out, I do not see a future with this cast.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned how the Real Housewives of Potomac is becoming unwatchable, and you gave your reasons and a little thing for my rain drops. I wasn't going to recap Potomac this season because I did not want to suffer through another season of me saying something's off. But when I saw Jasmine's tweet, I say, you know what, If I'm going to talk about this, I want to deal with my girl who told me on this very podcast last year that she wasn't going to watch it, that she doesn't she does not think the women like each other. Jasmine, take it away, what are your thoughts on this currency? We're only a few episodes in, but I think it's indicative of what to.
Speaker 1: Expect because I don't. I don't see it getting better.
Speaker 2: But share your thoughts on the Real Housewives of Potomac thus far.
Speaker 3: Yes, I feel like this is a deja vu moment because I, like you mentioned, I remember being on this very podcast talking about how last season it was feeling too dark and I just couldn't go on. And I'm feeling the same thing, and I told myself I just wasn't. I was just gonna clock out of Potomac, right. I have a few girls that I really really like on there, but I was just going to clock out of it as a show. But I was sitting and waiting for the best show on Bravo. Married to Medicine to premiere. Okay, So I was like, you know what, while I'm waiting, while I'm waiting for my girls, I'm Married to Medicine, I'm gonna see what Potomac is talking about for season.
Speaker 4: Eight and the first episode.
Speaker 3: I made a TikTok video about that their first episode compared to Married to Medicine's premiere episode was very boring to me.
Speaker 4: It wasn't horrible.
Speaker 3: So when you put it up against Mary Smithson had a phenomenal premiere, right, so in comparison and make Potomac just look a little strange. But I was like, oh, Potomac has some interesting storylines that I see them kind of laying the breadcrumbs for.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna follow it.
Speaker 3: But here we are, I think, with three or four episodes in, and I'm just like, I'm getting that same feeling again that I got last season of it, just feeling uncomfortable. It feels disjointed. These ladies are more fractured than they've ever been. Okay, I feel like I'm watching Candice on a completely different show than the rest of these ladies, and I don't like to see it. I hated the scene in this last episode with them like ganging up on Wendy because Mecca and I hope I'm saying her name correctly, Neka because she she said something about the voodoo with Wendy's mom, and I'm like, if that was a rumor about anybody else, they would want to investigate it a little more because they but because they all have a shared hatred of Wendy. Nekka's word is bond. Y'all just met her two seconds ago, and all of a sudden. What she says says is correct.
Speaker 4: It's just weird.
Speaker 3: It's giving me and girls and someone on Twitter really somedom my feelings. They were like, it triggered me, and I was like, I think that's what it was to. It triggered me because I remember being my middle school, high school and having like a click of friends and then one person decides they don't like you, and they turned a whole click against you, and now it's uncomfortable when we sitting at the lunch table. That's what Potomac is giving, so uncomfortable, not really feeling it so far.
Speaker 1: This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Stay tuned for more.
Speaker 2: Life doesn't happen bi weekly, So why should pay day? The money you earn can be in your hands today with earn in.
Speaker 1: Earn In is an app.
Speaker 2: That gives you access to your pay as you work, up to one hundred dollars per day or up to seven hundred and fifty dollars per pay period. Just download the earn an app and there file your paycheck, then access up to one hundred dollars a day as you work, and leave an optional tip any money you access plus tips are automatically repaid from your next paycheck. If I needed something like, earning is what I use. And this is why because child your boys busy. I got several jobs, as y'all know, and I like my money, honey, So any opportunity to where I'm able to get paid at a moment's known as honey.
Speaker 1: Sign me up. Make earn in a part of your financial routine.
Speaker 2: Enjoy earnings over three and a half million customers who say when I think about earn in, I think about financial stability, security. It gives me a lot of peace of mind. Download earn in today spelled e A r n i in in the Google Play or Apple apps, or when you download the earn and app type in reality under podcasts when you sign up, it'll really help the show reality under podcast subject to your available earnings DELI max and pay period max. See earn in dot com slash ts for details. This is Reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. One thing about the first episode. I gave it a ten out of a ten. I did not compare to the excellent premiere.
Speaker 4: You're always so generous.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you why because some people said yes and some people said, Carlos, you are way too generous. I appreciated the fact that they gave us what I was looking for, which was focus on Robin and Wan. I don't care about the other ladies have this at this point. I want Robin and Wan to have the conversation. I want Giselle to hold Robin's feet to the fire. I want these women to really have a real conversation with her.
Speaker 1: When I saw Sharise get choked up.
Speaker 2: Relating relating her experience with her ex husband to Wan, I said, Okay, this is real. They're finally having a real moment. It's not about these rumors somebody husband's cheating. I enjoyed it for the sheer factor of I was able to see the aftermath of the Robin and Wan saga, and that's all I wanted, so I as a viewer, I.
Speaker 1: Was very happy with that.
Speaker 2: Then came episode two, then three, and so forth, and I'm with you. Well, you and I both watched, which was this pickleball scene, and even prior to that, I don't like to watch a show.
Speaker 1: Where the cast don't speak to each other.
Speaker 2: It's it's a red flag for Okay, we know that you guys are getting paid to be around each other, and this is the gag. We already know that I'm here as a reality TV kingpin. Okay to tell the kingpin, Honey, I'm the Kik of reality Baby at this point called me the kingpin. I am somebody who can say to you all. Yes, it's challenging when the group is at a discourse where.
Speaker 1: They just aren't able to really come together.
Speaker 2: However, that's when you have to step in and remind them of the bigger picture and work with them to get to a happy medium. Seeing Wendy walk into scenes and Gizill's not speaking to her, Cana's not speaking to Gizel, They're not speaking to Robin, and it's they're not talking to each other and what you said when it comes to Mecca. The unfortunate part is this, Neka, and I want you to listen to me loud and clear. You're losing this game already because I know nothing about you besides the fact that you're coming from Wendy. You have this handsome husband who I'm very intrigued with. I want to see y'all lifestyle. Yes, I understand Nika doesn't control the editing, and we'll get to that part later. But it's one of those things where I would have said to anybody, Look, I don't feel comfortable having a conversation about my heritage and what I'm hearing with these ladies. I will. I'll give y'all what y'all want the conversation. I think me and Wendy need to do it one on one, because I at least want to give her the benefit of the doubt and have some grace. When she called Wendy a bitch, I said, you have studied reality TV for fifteen year years, you study Potomac, you watched Meanie Leek's Highlight Rail, and now you want to become a moment.
Speaker 3: She was giving fan from the first scene. Yeah, and I said, either she came in with an agenda to feud with Wendy for the approval that damn Giselle Bryant. Every girl that comes to this show. Giselle is Regina George. Every girl that comes to this show wants the approval of Joselle exactly.
Speaker 4: Look cheers to that Barbie.
Speaker 1: You are your Barbie.
Speaker 3: I am very unbrand, but right, everybody that comes to this show. They want the approval of Giselle, and so I think Neka watched this she came in with an agenda. She said, I'm going for Wendy because it's easy, it's a low hanging fruit. But I wanted them to be a dynamic duo. When I heard there was another her, beautiful, successful Nigerian girl, I said, Oh, that's that's the takedown. We need Wendy and this girl boom together. But unfortunately we're not gonna get that, and it's really disappointing. But one feel like Nika came in with an agenda to specifically get into with Wendy because it's low hanging fruit and it's gonna put her in favor with Giselle and then, by proxy, the rest of the cast that doesn't like Wendy.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I'm gonna go step further with you. The basis of their beef is very Mariah Carey. I don't know her right, that seems to be the basis of this beef. So to remind the audience Ashley, who who by far is the most unlikable, messiest, boring housewife this genre has ever seen.
Speaker 1: Ashley, you said what.
Speaker 4: I said I talk about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, has nothing going on without Michael.
Speaker 1: Even with Michael, I.
Speaker 2: Still didn't enjoy her as much because she never gave anything of substance. Ashley belongs on the Disney Channel auditioning for Pokemon or The Little Mermaid and being down in the sea, and just because she's she's a pretty girl. You know she's a pretty girl. You're not a reality star because you don't have the ability to be real.
Speaker 1: You are there as a.
Speaker 2: Figure to be messy and don't have the substance to back it up. Like anyways, whatever, So Ashley, because girl, I'm gonna I can keep going further. Ashley had a conversation with Mecca and Nika said, yeah, Wendy knows me, but she's acting like she doesn't know me.
Speaker 1: And then Wendy's like, I met her, I don't know her.
Speaker 2: And then we found out that Eddie allegedly unfollowed Mecca's husband. And then then when Mecca's husband tried to check Eddie, Eddie's like, I don't know you, but have we met?
Speaker 1: But I don't know you, but have we met? Bro? I met you?
Speaker 2: Whatever I saw that, I say that to say, this, Jasmine, this is what I believe happened. Allegedly, when you cast a new person on a reality show, they have to come in through somebody when they're auditioning. This is what I believe happened. When Mecca was auditioning for Potomac, she told the producers allegedly, oh, I know Indy. I know Wendy, and my husband actually knows Eddie. They went to the same school together. And then the producer said, oh my gosh, hey, Wendy, do you know Mekka who Nekka so and so. I mean we met once or twice, but I don't know her like that. Well, can you bring her in? No, I'm not bringing her in. I got somebody else I could bring in who I'm cool with. Yes, Jasmin reaction. Wendy was probably like, nah, I don't know her like that. To bring her in us my friend, because I know how this show works. No, I'm not gonna co sign her. No, And then it got listen, I'm not gonna say who said it.
Speaker 1: It got brought back to Neka.
Speaker 2: Well, Wendy says, she don't know you like that, and that's how this beef started. Wendy probably went it to our sister Yeah, they're trying to have this girl come on the show with me. I don't know her like that, and then it became this big thing. That's what happened. That's what happened.
Speaker 3: I am group gooped and gagged because that holds up as a theory, and it would make sense because I was like, her beef with Wendy seems so intense. It seems really intense, and I'm like, there has to be something else that makes so much sense to me. And I bet you you know, Carlos, we probably all know who told Okka that Wendy said she didn't know hers. I don't think it's a big secret. How are you doing Gazelle?
Speaker 4: Either Jazelle or Ashley did it?
Speaker 3: Actually, it probably was actually because Gazelle does not talk to.
Speaker 1: One of them. Look, I get it, I get I.
Speaker 4: Have a question for you, though, Carlosa.
Speaker 3: I've been wondering as a viewer, and I would love your expert honesty on this.
Speaker 4: Is it required like our new incoming.
Speaker 3: Housewives required to like watch some of the season that they're going to be on or have some working knowledge of it, because I noticed a lot of them claim to never watch the show until they get cast and I'm like, I'm not buying that, but I want to hear from the expert. Do they have to know or is it something they just kind of take and learn on their own.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I'll preface this by saying what I used to do, because everybody changes and has been the rule.
Speaker 1: When I started. The answer was we prefer you didn't watch.
Speaker 2: It because we wanted you to come in without having preconceived notions. That's why when you used to watch Atlanta post Kenya, every new girl came in coming for Kenya because they watched the show. And that's no secret. So to answer your question, it's not a requirement. And when I was producing Housewives, I and the rest of the producers would say, please don't watch it, like, come in and form your own relationships. Now, what is a requirement when you are a new housewife. You must be introduced to the cast by somebody who you may have met five minutes before filming. Now that is tea and that is facts. And that's why I strongly believe they said to your point, oh possibly, how dope would it be to have two Nigerian women men come in together? And I think that would have been great. What I believe happened was Wendy wanted to bring in her friend who we have now seen on the show, rightfully so, because you want to make sure that this person has my back. Due to the fact that Potomac is not a show about friendships, and I hope I'm not saying anything that is shocking. Potomac is not about friendships. Potomac is a social experiment about how we can get along for a paycheck and what secrets can we uncover with everyone else and play along to get along so we can get paid along the way.
Speaker 1: I'll be real with you.
Speaker 2: Something in my spirit disturbed me when I saw the men, when I saw Necka's husband trying to chomp Eddie, Like, what, like, are we that bored to where we are following this weird based on the fact that Wendy just did not want to bring on Nekka as her girl. Just because we're Nigerian doesn't mean I need to bring her on. She's not my friend.
Speaker 4: I think there's two ways to look at that.
Speaker 3: First of all, though, I'm going to say no direspect to Wendy and no disrespect to my man. Y'all better leave Eddie alone. Leave Eddie alone, period.
Speaker 4: Getting that out of the way.
Speaker 3: The other thing is, I mean the flip side of this is if that is the case in Mekka has a vendetta against Wendy because Wendy didn't want to bring her on. I do question why Wendy didn't want to bring her on because what I know of Nigerian folks is Wendy Nekka Nigerian sisters. Right, That's how I've come to know of Nigerian people and how they get down. So I am curious to know why Wendy wouldn't want to be the one to usher in a new Nigerian Battie. Did she not want the competition? So then that lends a little bit of credibility. So potentially what Nika was saying about Wendy's people like calling around because maybe they didn't want another Nigeria and Battie on the show. I think it was right for a takeover. But both sides to me, there's the waters are murky because you know, I speak for the viewers right, Yes, we are viewing the show and so many people like me are watching and they're wondering has production put Nekka up to this because they're trying to phase Wendy out or just create a scene where Wendy doesn't want to return or doesn't want to film as much. Like it's been said that this production company particularly plays favorites on Potomac, and that favorite is not Wendy. So there's a theory now that production brought Neka in just to rival Wendy.
Speaker 4: Do you have any insight on that?
Speaker 1: I don't have any insight on that at all. Just be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I don't and I try not to ask my friends in production because I don't want. I mean number one with this podcast, honey, and how successful it is, Thank you to ass Bill.
Speaker 1: I won't talk to me anyway, child.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, if they even are allowed to talk to you about anything outside of them here, how are.
Speaker 2: You so I don't know about the production aspect of it. I'll say this much based on what I've been seeing. Nothing has been happening this season. And this is the one time they had an argument. Giselle's checked out, Robin's checked out. She even said that like, I don't care, I don't care. Karen is just trying to make sure she gets paid Candice is checked out. Wendy has the potential to be a force multiplier Wendy because Wendy has this this leaderships characteristic, this quality of she's beautiful, she's smart, and she when she walks into the room, you notice her. Wendy has a lot of potential to be in charge of the girls. But two things are happening, which is why when it comes to Potomac, and that's why I'm very specific when I talk about the essence.
Speaker 1: Of that particular show.
Speaker 2: That particular show does not do a good job at being friends off camera.
Speaker 1: They just don't.
Speaker 2: And because it is Giselle Brian's show, and because Giselle Bryant to me is everyone's favorite, everybody's favorite that's involved with the show, I think it's hard for other girls to shine because they know that. I think Candace has great potential to be a Kenya Moore. I believe that Wendy's and candace light are being dimmed because everybody.
Speaker 1: Wants to make sure Giselle shines and that she's the light.
Speaker 3: So then should production be removed? Should we should Bravo move this production company?
Speaker 4: I know, and.
Speaker 3: I'm asking for the people want to know they have the right to know.
Speaker 4: Okay, no looks.
Speaker 1: I think there needs to be this is what I do know.
Speaker 2: I think there needs to be an overall conversation about what direction are we taking this show?
Speaker 1: You know? And I will never just blame a production company.
Speaker 2: I think I think there's so much hands in this pot that you really have to It's sort of like when somebody emvestles your money in Bezzel.
Speaker 1: In Bezel.
Speaker 2: Black China, who was Nicki Minacha's alter ego of the Master videol, So everything goes back to Nicki, Yes, who hosted the Potomac.
Speaker 4: Reunion full circle moment.
Speaker 1: Come on, Barbes, We're here for you. Guys. When you in Bezzel, someone's money.
Speaker 2: The FBI and the accounting always has followed the money because when you follow the money and you know who the culprit is.
Speaker 1: I think when it comes to that production and the.
Speaker 2: Cast who is involved, you have to follow where it steamps, like where it's rotting, because this cast is disjointed and it shows, and this show cannot continue with this particular cast. So I think changes have to be made, but you got to follow who's making it disjointed and to be honest with you, and I'm just being very real. I don't know who that is. It could be a cast member, it could be somebody just involved saying we, let's I saw Wendy and Candace and let's not ever film with them, because if you don't film with Windy or Candace, then by proxy, they have to be removed.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for Candace my spirit.
Speaker 2: When I watch this show, this particular season, I think Candace is the most unprotected housewife, second to Kenymore, who I hate to interrupt, but stay tuned for more. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. I think Candice, who came on our podcast, right Jazz on the podcast love her down even you was like I like, I'm like, no, she's dope.
Speaker 1: Wendy. When Wendy came the podcast, We're like, oh, we.
Speaker 3: But to your point, I can also speaking of people coming on the podcast, Giselle came on the podcast, and I say this to anybody who like because I have friends.
Speaker 4: Who are like, girl, I can't stay Griselle.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Giselle is hard to dislike when you meet her, like on the show, it's very easy to call her what she is on the show. Meeting Giselle is it's really hard to dislike her. I dare anybody to meet her and chop it over her and then walk away and say you dislike her.
Speaker 4: It's really hard to do period.
Speaker 2: And that's the reason why I fight for Gazelle because of what you just said. I know who she is on a personal level, and last season I kept saying to Gazelle via our personal conversations that I will not disclose in addition to on the podcast, I want Gazelle to be who she is in real life.
Speaker 1: That's all I want.
Speaker 2: Gazelle in real life, who you experienced behind the scenes as a producer. You were like, she's cool as shit. I'm like, no, I know, I love Gazelle. That's my point that I'm making this. The essence of this show is not built to make these people shine in a real way. And the reason why I said Candice is the most unprotected housewife second to Kenya Moore, is because this woman prayed for the gig, she got the gig. She can read like a librarian, and she's beautiful, and she's talented, and she has all of these great qualities.
Speaker 1: Yet her light.
Speaker 2: Is so damned that when she's in Seene, you can tell she feels uncomfortable. You can tell it's uncomfortable for Wendy to walk into Ashley's party having to like hug Karen and then walk by Giselle and then walk by Mia and then missing Sharise.
Speaker 1: And then be like, Oh, I'm sorry, but I don't want to touch this.
Speaker 2: It's this show needs a motherfucking reboot. It's disgusting to watch. I'm over it. It's it's I don't want to see this level of this jointedness on a show where we want these women to have fun and they're.
Speaker 1: Not having fun.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Going back to Candace, Candace is the most quintessential housewife as we know them on Potomac. Okay, she is literally she's married, she has a husband, Okay, she has a career that is budding that we get to see, so we get to follow a lot of her personal story. Her family dynamic is super interesting, and she was willing to show us that and still is willing to talk about her finances, like Miss Dorothy asking her how Chris is getting paid. The other girls would have shot away from Candace is willing to give that to you. Okay, She's bringing looks like beautiful girl, educated, comes from the pageant world, comes from a well to do black family, which is why I'm always gonna stand her because we don't get to see that allot on television.
Speaker 4: And like you said, she can read.
Speaker 3: That's everything we want, that's every characteristic in a housewife that we want. And for some reason she is not seen as the favorite through production. The way people were trying to eat me up for writing for her. It seems like some of the viewers are really conflicted with how they feel Candace to me quintessential housewife. She is the closest to it, like a housewife prototype on Potomac oh one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: And it's sad because Wendy and Candace to me could be the future of Potomac because everything you said, Saint David, Wendy, She's a doctor, she's educated, her husband is gorgeous, her kids are beautiful, her mom is interesting and entertaining. She has this this juxtaposition of I'm a I'm a doctor, but I low key want to be a thought sometimes by the way I dress like. And we talked about that on my podcast and remember what she said on the podcast Jasmine.
Speaker 1: She said, Carlos, I was raised.
Speaker 2: To be the most educated and to be a doctor, and I never got a chance to experience who I am. So when you see me doing the candles and all this other stuff, no I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not faking it. You're single woman figuring it out.
Speaker 2: And I said, that makes so much sense to me, and I want to it is what you said.
Speaker 1: I want to see that.
Speaker 2: The Potomac is built on how many arguments can we have, how much shade can we throw?
Speaker 1: And yes, we want to see that, and we like it.
Speaker 2: Let all be we like it, but we like that to be forty percent of the entertainment in the episode. But we really want to see personal story, personal conversations.
Speaker 1: We want to see friendships being funny.
Speaker 2: The reason why we love freaking fract Phedra and Porsche was not because they had beep, is because when all the cats were arguing, they have funny side commentary.
Speaker 1: They were funny.
Speaker 2: Our favorite trip in Atlanta history is Savannah season six, because the girls had fun and they got along and they spoke about real conversations. Potomac has never in the eight seasons and tell me if I'm wrong. Jasmin, tell me a moment where Potomac had an episode where all the women got along, had real conversations and leaned on each other.
Speaker 4: I don't remember. I don't recall, but to be fair, my memory just isn't the greatest.
Speaker 1: That's okay, it doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: In the words of Johnny cochrane, if it doesn't fit, it must have quit. So I'm gonna say this, if it doesn't exist, it must have quit.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you something you are wrong about.
Speaker 1: Oh tell me.
Speaker 4: I don't think Wendy is a force multiplier.
Speaker 1: Like I say, it has potential to be.
Speaker 4: I don't think she has potential to be.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't think this is the vehicle for I said this last time. I don't think this is the proper vehicle for Wendy. One thing I will tell you about Wendy when I watch her with her family, it's my favorite. That's my favorite win right there, watching her with her family, watching her just figure things out. I respect that so much because not enough people have the tenacity to think about something or have a new interest and see it all the way through, like Wendy if she says today I'm joining the circus, We're going to watch her become a fucking clown. Okay, She's gonna see it through to the end. So I respect that so much because not enough people, not enough people are that. But Wendy always feels like she is on the defense from day one, from the time she was introduced to the has And I guess this is kind of a bad thing because she wasn't introduced season one, episode one, so she already came in with some preconceived notions. So she came in with the four degrees, I'm a doctor, addressed me as.
Speaker 1: Such, all of that.
Speaker 3: I have always felt like Wendy walks into a room and you're right, strikingly beautiful.
Speaker 4: You notice she's there.
Speaker 3: But on Potomac, when she's being recorded, it feels like she walks into a room preparing to have to read somebody or preparing to argue in a lot of it is because of how they treat her right. But that's why I can't say she has potentially be a false multiple force multiplier because I haven't seen her outside of defense mode. Like my friend Diamond said the same thing, There's not been a time where we've seen Wendy just be able to relax in Wendy, and that is why, to me, she doesn't have potentially be a force multiplier, because a force multiplier I'm coming in on my own terms period period.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, no, I definitely see your point, but this is what I will say to you in response to that she was never giving the space to do so.
Speaker 3: Honestly, you made a great point of Giselle being the favorite. No one who does have potential, we might not ever see it.
Speaker 4: You're an executive producer.
Speaker 3: The kingpin of reality TV, so you see these ladies through a different lens than most of us do, right, so we aren't able to see through what production is showing us, which brings me to my next point when we ask when we talk about who is to blame, I think there's a three tier blaming system here. Okay, I think the cast, the girls, they are to blame. Yes, I think production is to blame. Yes, because production can only production can do a lot. But it goes back to the women because they can only edit around the content that they get, so they're not getting good content. Then they just have to work with what they got. But I think the third one, and I know I'm gonna get jumped for this. It's on us as the viewers, Like I think a lot of it has. Yes, I think the fandom. I think we've become very toxic and very mean to these ladies. We've become a bit unhinged, and it's forcing them to act.
Speaker 1: They don't want to.
Speaker 3: Really show who they truly are because they are fearful of like how people are going to respond to that. It's like every season, people pick one housewife that they hate and they try to like ruin her life, and like, if I'm on TV, I'm gonna like pull back too, because I'm like, I don't want to give you all this ammunition with my family, with my career, because the day you decide you hate me, you're gonna try to take all of that down. And like a lot of that is on us as viewers. So I think there's, you know, a three tier blaming system, and you know, just as as a fandom, I think we can do better.
Speaker 4: And myself included, Yeah, no, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I agree with that, And what I will speak to is your is your second point about the production aspect of it as well, because this is what I will say. And I think when I spoke about this before, I know when my cast is in trouble, let's just go back to a lane of housewives.
Speaker 1: I think I said this to you.
Speaker 2: I was extremely tired of Kenya versus Phedra and on the Philippines trip season seven.
Speaker 1: I locked them both in the room.
Speaker 2: And I said, you two have to figure this out because I cannot endure another season, nor can my audience of YouTube beefing or it's something where Apollo admitted he lies about move on like it was season eight. I'm sorry, move on, We're exhausted. And they literally had this emotional scene. I remember telling Nini season six, the premiere episode of season six, since they had a white party and Nini and Nini and Kenya got this, have this funny change about Nini inviting Walter to the wedding and blah blah blah, and Nini said, no, bitch is gonna tell me who I can cannot invite. Right that was episode one. By episode two, you saw Nini bring Kenya. This one makes you just have this argument with around the girls because I said to Nini, I can't have Kenya being I style. You are sorry, ladies, I did say this to her, and I will admit it.
Speaker 1: Nini, this is your show. This is your show.
Speaker 2: You have to bring Kenya around the girls, because when the girls see you visually walk in with Kenya, they're gonna say, okay.
Speaker 1: I guess we all will talk about and move on.
Speaker 2: And that's how we were able to get this cast to be together season six.
Speaker 1: Patomac needs that desperately.
Speaker 2: I would love to get my hands on Giselle.
Speaker 1: You may disagree with me, Jasmine.
Speaker 2: I I desperately want to get my hands on Gaselle.
Speaker 1: And say to her some of what I already said.
Speaker 2: I want to say to her, this is your show and you want this show to be great, and you have to come in. The producers can say what they want, the network can say what they want, the PA, the fans can say what they want. This is your show, and if you want to be the face of the show, go in and say, hey, ladies, Wendy are issuing that deep can this?
Speaker 1: And if that deep, let's do our jobs.
Speaker 2: We ain't got to call each other at night and read each other bedtime stories, but let's get along because our show is suffering. I wish Giselle was like Nimi in that sense where Nimi say what you want about her.
Speaker 1: Nimi cared about the show. She wanted the show to be great.
Speaker 2: To your point, Jazz, that is a force multiplier and I want that for Gazelle. I want that desperately for her. I want to get on my knees and beg Gazelle, can you save this show? Because they if you show any ounce of like a leadership, they're going to follow. I believe, in my heart of hearts, and I love Wendy and Candace. I believe Wendy and Candace is also looking for that from Jasell. I think if Gazelle came up to them the way Wendy got Mia, come and Mia, it ain't that deep.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 2: I want Gazelle to do that, and I think the show can be saved.
Speaker 4: I agree with you most of it.
Speaker 3: Giselle and Candace though a sexual you know, like discomfort rumor with Chris, I think that is kind of bordering on like the point of no return. Honestly, so, I don't know if it's that easy for those two to come together. And I'm going to say this, I think if they don't come together Wendy and Candace as much as I mean, I want Candace on the show until the wills fall off of it, they might need to move around if they're not. If not, they're not willing to come together. Nobody's really talking to Candace like that. Nobody's really talking to Wendy, but they're talking to each other. If production is gonna make a decision, right, they're gonna go with the majority.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I don't know in a perfect world, Giselle and Candace can come back together. But that's tough after somebody tries to accuse your husband of that.
Speaker 2: Is it tougher than Candy and Phaedra because I never I never, I never put two and two together and tell you what you said earlier, because they made a decision not to bring Phaedra back, right.
Speaker 3: I think it's on the same level. I think it's the same level of intensity. Someone was accused of something that is so far beyond what they would really do. I think in the case with Gizelle and Candice, and I don't know if this makes it worse or better. Giselle acknowledged like I never accused him of this. I just had I felt uncomfortable, right, Like Faedra Canny, that was an accusation that was told to another person to then be perpetuated, and that was dirty and dangerous. In Giselle's case, I will give her that she did say like, I never accused him of anything. It just made me uncomfortable. But I think you can't ring that bell once it's wrong. You know what I'm saying, Like, you can't say that and know what the implication is and then go back and be like, well, I wasn't accusing him of anything. You know how you said it, and you know what the implication is.
Speaker 4: So I don't know. I can't answer that I can answer.
Speaker 3: I think they're about the same level of intensity, the very awful things to say about a person.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why Gizelle would need to apologize for the implication.
Speaker 1: Not that you didn't mean it that way.
Speaker 2: But it was implied, and I think there's there needs to be a but you are right. Look, this show is definitely going to go through a casting change. It's sad because Potomac had the potential.
Speaker 1: To be a great housewife show.
Speaker 2: The reason why I stopped watching Jersey is because I was sick and tired of this forced relationship between Melissa and Teresa, and it was to this disjointed same thing with New York City Housewives.
Speaker 1: It was like Leah Ebanie versus the OG's. It was weird. You saw what happened with that. What cast can.
Speaker 2: Stay on Potomac in order for it to continue, and what cast member needs to be removed?
Speaker 4: This is tricky.
Speaker 3: I initially, my gut wants to say Mia can go, because you know, I've just never seen the firm as Miya.
Speaker 4: I think Mia.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if that's her real name, because she lies so much Like Heavenly said about Favreel, Mary Smith's truth ain't.
Speaker 4: Individu and I don't love this off.
Speaker 3: But look, and I don't know Miya for real, but just the way she was introduced to us, I'm just like, at first, I was like, she could go. But somebody I know, I keep bringing up Twitter. I've been having such a great time talking to people about this. Somebody brought it up last night. Mia is getting divorced and she's dating again. That's a personal story that we want to see. So I'm like, you know, I'll change my to me if she can stay for me. Okay, Ashley Darby demoted, I want to say, get rid of her altogether because I personally don't see it for her, but I understand the role she plays on this cast.
Speaker 4: But she's going through.
Speaker 3: A divorce with Michael, squeezing but wanting to suck Darby and we're not getting the details of that chop okay, because she'd be giving us a lot more. So she can be demoted, but she can stay off of her bone collector duties.
Speaker 4: Gazelle, people are gonna be mad at me. Jiselle can stay.
Speaker 3: Joselle can say because when she has good moments, she has good moments. She's funny. I love seeing her daughters. She's entering a new chapter with her oldest daughter going to college. I don't buy her dating life. I think with Gazelle, like I said last time, the Sherman thing embarrassed her so much we will never past. Yeah, and she got these these young guys on here is because they are She don't.
Speaker 4: Care about them.
Speaker 1: They're thirst let's call it what it.
Speaker 3: Is, exactly exactly, so she's she's fine putting them on the show because it doesn't matter people embarrass them.
Speaker 4: So Giselle she could stay for me.
Speaker 1: Robin.
Speaker 3: Robin should have been fired after it came out that while was cheating on her, she knew about it, and instead of like talking about it on the show, she talked about it on her podcast production. That's when y'all step in and say, girl pink slip or let's reshoot.
Speaker 4: They could have pulled a vander Pump rules brought the cameras back out.
Speaker 3: Okay, and we're reshooting a whole other episode because what you mean this is where I'm not listening to. I'm not signing up for Patreon to hear about that. But I would have watched it on TV. No, so Robin she can go. I think also breaking her and Gazelle up, we get a different Gazelle without Robin. Candy Girl is staying, Candy Girl is saying, Karen is staying. I think Karen. I love Karen. Karen, Please don't be met at me. She can be demoted though to a friend of because I don't think there's a lot that we're gonna get from Karen anymore.
Speaker 1: Either.
Speaker 3: They embarrassed her about her finances. I don't think she wants, you know, people to be in her business that much.
Speaker 4: Friend of Wendy.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 4: Wendy can go.
Speaker 3: I like Wendy though, Like I said, Wendy can go, and then she can go and jump on the View. She can be like a roque panelists on the View, because that's what I see for her. Mecca, see you later. Shouldn't have even been shouldn't have even been here?
Speaker 4: What about you?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm proud of you.
Speaker 2: That was That was That was very different than last year when you said everybody goes here to stay. So okay, all right, so that was good. Okay, this is listen, let's talk about it. Gizelle stays for obvious reasons. However, I just wish there's one person in Gazille's life that she would listen to that that can say to her. I wish I wish Gazelle would call meaning Leaks and say what do I do to come across as if I care about the show. Let me not say that Gazelle does care about the show, care about these women. I want her to care about the women as much as she does about the show, because you can't be the greatest housewife of all time.
Speaker 1: I'm on Potomac and not live up to that and do the work. I didn't give you that title because you're pretty.
Speaker 2: I gave it to you because you have the potential to rally the troops and I'm not seeing that.
Speaker 1: So I want to see that from Gazelle.
Speaker 2: Gizelle stays, Karen stays, she's a fan favorite and she's somebody people want to see. I don't think you will ever get any real personal store from Karen. I think I think that's done. I agree with you a friend of, but I think I think Karen wants to I think the networking Karen wants her to be in the poster. That's the only reason, and because they don't want backlash from the fans, especially.
Speaker 1: After making the stayle and just said Karen's her favorite. So there you go.
Speaker 2: I think Ashley should be removed. I do not want to see Ashley as a friend of I think bye.
Speaker 1: I think thank you for your services. You were.
Speaker 2: Great at being a bone collector at one point, and Ashley ever seen of yours is when you told Candace when she was jamming the knife on the table, I'm girl, don't breaking mama's table.
Speaker 1: That lie was epic.
Speaker 2: If Ashley, then nothing else Ashley gave a live that even Kanadas said, damn, bitch, you got me.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 2: But I think it's time for Ashley to go. I think you did it for fun and it's time to go.
Speaker 1: Ashy can go.
Speaker 2: I want Wendy to stay.
Speaker 1: I want Wendy to.
Speaker 2: Be empowered to be great by the people around her, because I think she has the potential to be great.
Speaker 1: I love her family. I really want to see more of that.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that this beautiful chocolate couple is all over each other and they dress alike like I.
Speaker 1: They were matching like I.
Speaker 2: That's I love the there to me the epitome of black love, and we don't see that a lot on Housewives. So I think Wendy has so much potential. I just want her to be empowered. I think Robin should go. I agree with you one hundred percent that Gizelle will shine without her best friend. I think Gizelle needs to know that we have to shake this up.
Speaker 1: I think Robin.
Speaker 2: I don't think Robin is built for reality TV at all. She doesn't want to do it, and she needs to go and Mecca. As of now, Mecca, we're only a few episodes in I think you should be removed because the way you came on unless you give us something drastically different in the middle to the end of the season, I think it's a chop. And with Mia, I'm with you, baby. I want to baby. I want to see Mia date multiple men. I want to see her get spoiled at Barney's. I want to see Mia talk to her kids about the divorce. I want to see messy as Gordon tell me, you marry me for money, and she says, and you marry me for my body.
Speaker 1: Now what else is going on?
Speaker 2: I think mia personal story could be the saving grace. So by Robin Ashley, let the rest stay, bring me two new girls, unless what happens.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: I like and I didn't think.
Speaker 3: Usually I'm not here for other dissolution of a marriage, so typically I wouldn't want to see divorce. But in Mia and Gordon's case, that's going to be really, really good.
Speaker 1: I had a question.
Speaker 3: I put my finger up while you were talking about Robin because I had a question for you that I just remember. Do you think her and Wan have an agreement for this show or in agreement within their relationship that either one agree okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes yes yes. Win shows up because he knows that Robin is the breadwinner and she needs the check.
Speaker 1: And I believe that.
Speaker 2: I believe that conversation was had with with Robin in order for you to come back this.
Speaker 1: Season, we need to see more of you in Wan do.
Speaker 2: I do believe that Wan, which who said this was it? And MEA's funny. I think we are underestimating how funny Mia is. When Mina said, when Mia said, I mean, where else are I'm gonna go? And he hang, got no job, So what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Don't kick a man when he's down.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying how No, I'm just saying how funny Mia is.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, I agree with you don't kick him man while he's down.
Speaker 2: But I say that to say, because he isn't working, Robin is a sole breadwinner. So you're seeing want because of a conversation that allegedly.
Speaker 1: Was had with Robin to get her to come back.
Speaker 2: And Wan needs this check to work for Robin because it supports the family.
Speaker 1: But Robin is not built for reality TV.
Speaker 2: And I think At actually should go on a dating show, and I would love to see her on like too Hot to Handle. She's beautiful, great body, new booths, like she looks great, and I want to see Ash to be that funny, pretty flirty girl.
Speaker 1: I don't think Potomac is for you. So that's my two cents.
Speaker 4: That's fair. I do I feel I know we gotta get out.
Speaker 3: But when you just mentioned that about Wan, though, I'm like, that's why Wan comes across that way, because imagine how demoralizing it is and just how embarrassed he might be that he's on television and people are saying, like, he goes from this NBA player that's making all the money and has a stay at home wife and now she's the one bringing in the money. He's losing his job's huge news, Like that's embarrassing. So that probably contributes to just both of their attitudes this season of like, I don't want to do this shit, I have to, and.
Speaker 4: I'm resentful of the fact that I have to do this.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's resentful. He doesn't like that.
Speaker 2: That's why she needs to be removed. I believe you love him.
Speaker 1: I think he I think he's there to be there.
Speaker 2: That's my opinion and I think Robin has to figure out her home life before she gets back on Reality TV, because I don't think mentally she's capable of handling the show, and I think she needs to remove herself my opinion.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess I guess we will see.
Speaker 1: Well, there we have it, guys.
Speaker 2: Let the rain drops and the audience know where they can find you, follow you, and support all of your amazing work.
Speaker 1: My love.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been loving it so many every time I'm on your show, I get so many people into my YouTube, So thank you always for creating a platform for me. I'm on YouTube Jasmine Henley Brown, Jasmine with us z JA z M, I n E and I'm on TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Jay Henley Brown and yeah, I mean this is amazing.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much, Carlos, thank you.
Speaker 2: And just so you know, Jasmine doesn't just only talk about like housewife stuff. If anything, she speaks about a wide arrange of like shows. Thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop every Tuesday, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you can get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King. Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Reign Entertainment.
Speaker 1: It is produced by Sierrace.
Speaker 2: Fragley Rix that could have produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Ring Entertainment, Baby,