Speaker 1: I am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just you.
Speaker 1: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast. Second to last episode of Bunheads, The weird.
Speaker 2: It's I actually am experiencing like a little bit of that same sort of feeling I got when I found out it didn't get a second season. It makes me sad.
Speaker 1: Well, this episode was good, and I do think it's because Daniel Paladino is the director, and.
Speaker 2: I literally totally agree with you. I totally agree with you. He wrote it and directed it, and it had a lot of Gilmore feels to it in a good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: How about the fire though, kind of made me go oh too, a little too accurate, a little.
Speaker 1: Too accurate, a little too soon. Yeah, like just you know, it's just wow.
Speaker 2: Also the fact that the town's called Paradise, and remember there was that.
Speaker 1: Terrible fire, massive fire in Paradise.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. It was just a lot of parallel. That's weird. Yeah, I will say I sort of liked the plot premise because it brought everybody together, which I know we always talk about when we did Gilmore Girls.
Speaker 1: I have a question, so this town is Paradise, California, but.
Speaker 2: It's not the paradise up here in northern California. Okay, sorry, I'm up in northern California right now. The vibe I'm getting is it's sort of near the way they well, it's a little bit more near Ventura, because remember they did like a road trip once to oh Hi to oh Hi, and didn't they go to La for a night and they went to Oxnard. And in this one they mentioned the Madonna in which is in San Luis Obispo, which we'll talk about. I feel like we're supposed to envision this place somewhere between La and San Luis Obispo. So I'm picturing it more like the Ohi area, Santa Barbara area, a Tascadero, all the towns Santa Maria.
Speaker 1: But they said that it was like Ohi was two hours away, So.
Speaker 2: Two hours away from Ohi would be about Santa Maria. Yeah, that's why I'm picturing it very indirectly in between La and maybe Carmel, so kind of maybe near I'm going Piso. Yeah, Jinks, Jinks on Jinks. Remember when you were a kid and then you couldn't talk until I said your name, Daniel. You can go a lot of Gilmore sort of vibes and appearances because Sean Gunn was in this.
Speaker 1: I know lit old Kirk who's not Kirk isn't this?
Speaker 2: And literally, Liza Wyld's playing an adult Paris, even with like all her money and getting the helicopter and the whole thing. I'm like, she's literally playing Paris totally totally.
Speaker 1: It's should we start off at the beginning, which was all too relatable because I feel like I am definitely guilty.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about sasha apartment? Oh my god? I actually this is my thing about this show. The reason I like it so much and the reason I am so bummed there isn't More is because I really started to like all the girls. It's like, I hate to say it, but I'm not missing Fanny. I don't care because I'm so into the girls and now I feel like it's really about the girls. And Michelle is sort of the teacher, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, she's sort of like the guidance. She's sort of the cool aunt or the mom figure or the guidance counselor the teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Really, the plot is so much about the girls.
Speaker 1: That is a good point. I feel like the whole beginning half of the season was all about Michelle, the whole Michelle, and now she's one of five storylines. So so yeah, I do get that.
Speaker 2: So the apartment thing, so Sasha's like comes home and her door's open. She just calls everybody.
Speaker 1: And convinced that there's just a robber intruder.
Speaker 2: First of all, I love that I love her boyfriend. I think you so great, so cool. I love that he comes over, and then I love that Boo's parents came over. And by the way, did you notice that is are you Gray's Anatomy fan? No, so the actor that plays Boo's dad, and somebody fact check me, but I'm sure of it is the bartender character from Gray's Anatomy who I think ultimately dies is killed in Gray's Anatomy, but he was sort of this like bit player, but he was in like almost every episode because they always go to the bar, do you know what I mean? Yeah, And I'm sure that's him. I know it is.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's back to back to the show. But it is hilarious though that like Roman shows up first, he's the first person to show up. He's going through all the rooms. Sasha's like, I'm not going to He's like you, and she's like holding onto his back. They you know, look through all the rooms and he goes into the bathroom and starts screaming and.
Speaker 2: He comes out.
Speaker 1: He's like, that's Fider was going to kill me. I I was laughing through all of this.
Speaker 2: I liked as he got your note about the eyeliner.
Speaker 1: He did, it's got toned down.
Speaker 2: You're so right. I noticed it was like, pretty good. He looks good. That guy's cute. It's a perfect guy for her.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my question for you is, so then we're definitely going out of order. But let's just talk about this storyline. So obviously, Boo's parents come running in with Boo, which again I loved. I totally agree with you. It was so cute. It made me that's Sasha's family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were so great.
Speaker 1: They were so great. But do you think they would have gone down and dirty if they hadn't arrived Roman and Sasha.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a great question. So I'm assuming yes, and I'm assuming we're sort of supposed to be thinking about that because she finds, you know, Michelle finds the condom and it's so unclear, like who's bose is it? So I don't know because it all feels it feels like they're all sort of like dipping their toe in, but they're all also not so it's like I think, I mean, look, there's plenty of laying down kissing stuff they could have done. So it was sort of like, I think we're meant to sort of wonder, wonder what's going on with all these growing teens fair well.
Speaker 1: At the same time, Michelle, Truly and Talia are together and Talia is talking about getting married, and.
Speaker 2: I say that I like Michelle more when Talia and Truly are around her, because here's here's what I find. Michelle is in the middle. Now. Truly is super over the top nutty character, and yet it's not annoying because she's sort of it's her. She is the quirky and she's a bit player, right, She's not the whole show. And her whole bridesmaid thing made of honor had me giggling. I've always felt that Talia was so chill, right, She's not overacting at all, So I think that puts Michelle in a much better role, she's less annoying now she really is not bothering me as much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. I do like the three of them together. I think they all are a nice balance to each other because Talia is the exact opposite of Truly, Yet those two stand alone by themselves very well.
Speaker 2: I think when Michelle was like sliding the boys cots, I was like, Okay, that's actually funny, And when she drops the conum, it's all like she's just not so over the top and Broadway, did you watch Younger?
Speaker 1: No? I, well, I take that back. I know I dabbled in a few episodes on that first season, but I didn't I didn't like religiously follow it.
Speaker 2: So what I would say is Setton Foster is sort of in the middle again in that show, because Hillary Duff and this actor Nico Tortorella are sort of the more like Talia's right, They're very cool, they're very chill, not over doing it. And then the not Peter Herman, but like the head of the ad agency is very truly, she's like over the top, crazy outfits, and it makes Setton Foster more chill, palatable, like not annoying. In Younger because the somebody else is that over the top person, so she isn't. I don't know. I think she found her way, Like she's just much cooler now, and I want to keep watching these people. Yeah, very bomb it got canceled. This is the point where I'm like, oh man, this show really finally found its way and I'm super bombed.
Speaker 1: I want somebody to ask Amy Shirmon Pella, you know, if she felt like it was cut too soon. Truly accepts being a native honor but doesn't even really accept it. She basically asked, I loved it, and she's interrupting the dance class to show Michelle her maid of Honor dress. I enjoyed. I enjoyed all of this. But the funny part is shann Gunn comes busting through with a whistle and he's being.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, and he was way better at this guy than the uh coffee guy.
Speaker 1: I agree, But he is basically the captain of like the like you like, you know, how you have floor wardens at your office, like he was the neighborhood warden.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm I'm assuming you were the floor warden.
Speaker 1: I was. I was not the floor warden.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, it's that like the cap the fire captain of your office. So they make sure everybody gets there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like when there's an earthquake, like they are responsible for checking everyone's offices and like seeing who is accounted for and who isn't.
Speaker 2: It's a big jo, it's a big job. So was so was this? Now are we to assume Kirk Sean Gunn is the coffee guy and this guy like is that the is it supposed to be the same guy?
Speaker 1: I don't know, we got to look that up. Is it how a character name is named Bash.
Speaker 2: And Bash was the coffee guy, wasn't he? Okay, so it's one guy. So he's the same guy, all right.
Speaker 1: So he's basically this is where we get the first note that there's a fire in that people have to evacuate and all the girls start yelling, I'm Zone A, Zone B, Zone C, Zone C D. Whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah they knew right away. Okay, maybe right away.
Speaker 1: So maybe I feel like it was a very familiar thing. Maybe they live in the San Fernando Valley.
Speaker 2: They definitely, they definitely don't, but.
Speaker 1: But maybe and yeah, so you know that's that's going on. Italia gets nervous, she doesn't want to reschedule the wedding. All kind of this is the drama of the episode. But they all go to the evacuation center. There's a west side, and.
Speaker 2: We just like address the drama of the episode, because like, the reason I like this episode is a couple of things. One, I like the can the guy get here? And then addressing is he too old? And then Michelle and Talia kind of have a fight over it, which Truly just wants to be a bridesmaid so bad that she's just like disappointed. And then that Paris aka Millie or whatever her name is sends the helicopter and we get that awesome scene with Truly and Eliza Wiles's character that was so good. I was like, these are all they're all knowing who they are.
Speaker 1: Now you forgot the condom condom gait as well was a big oh, Yes, I.
Speaker 2: Mean they got that's a difference. Yes, she finds the condom under the thing and she's wondering whose it is. And then there's kind of the funny thing at the end. Oh, by the way, did you not love the end when all the firemen walk in and Goodeau is one of the firemen. I was like, well done.
Speaker 1: I know, well done. So my question to you is, whose condom do you think it is?
Speaker 2: I mean, it could have been anyone's. I don't know why we just assume it's Ginny's or Booze or Sasha, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I don't think it's to be one of theirs.
Speaker 2: It could be like nine years old under that weird cabinet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's leftover. But yeah, I mean I like how.
Speaker 2: Boo says I'm on the pill, but isn't having sex? Like you're really getting to know these girls, right, and then we get the cute thing with what's her doozy and the sort of guy you think is dopey, but that ends up knowing all about photography? What's her name?
Speaker 1: The taller girl, Melanie, Melanie Melanie.
Speaker 2: So I kind of enjoyed that her brother's dopey friend isn't dopey and she's sort of starting to like his Yeah, that guy's cool.
Speaker 1: I was like, that guy's cool. He's also super cute and I like them too together and me too. Obviously we get the payoff that there is something going on between the two.
Speaker 2: Did you have a slight inkling that maybe she was gonna be with Cosette or was that just me?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I didn't get that. But the second Deaz popped onto the screen, I was like, Okay, well that's so she's gonna end up with.
Speaker 2: And it was cute because they didn't get to kiss. It was like they sort of were going to and then it got interrupted or something. Yeah, I have to say, this is this show anyone listening. The second half of bun Head Season one is so good that it makes you want to have more of it. It's just a bummer because the first half just had to find its way a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, I liked the getting everybody together. I like them all being in the dance studio. I liked all the cots. I liked the you get everybody in one room.
Speaker 1: I like all four girls with all four guys like together totally. There was something really fun about that them playing cards and then you know, Michelle coming up and being like pulling the four girls away and then.
Speaker 2: Doing like the Tommy Lee Jones impressions. So I've never seen Hope spring. So I don't know what because but there is a part where he's totally doing Tommy Lee Jones and the Fugitive, and I was like, oh, I'm so with you. I get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was. I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: I thought I and Is into it when they when they gotten to the brawl, I was like, oh, come on whatever. But in general I liked it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, to talk about Jenny getting caught smelling the guy, it's just so cute.
Speaker 2: But I'm so cute.
Speaker 1: But that's just so funny. I mean, not to be creepy, but I think all of us had that moment in high school where there was something of the boys and you were like, oh my god, this is his and this was literally that moment. Poor Ginny, my poor poor thing. Very rarely does it happen that the sister catches you being a creep.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just liked it all. That's all I can say. I just liked it. Correct and Cosette. What you know, there was an exchange between Cosette and No Ginny that I somehow blinked. What did Cosette say to her? Again? I know she said you got to be friends with me to get to my brother. But was that this episode of the one before? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I no, that's this episode, so basically because Ginny has been kind of a bee towards Cosette, not giving her the time of day, and because that basically was like pull the spice, girls, if you want to get with me, you better listen carefully or not me. But you know what I mean, like or that's not the line I was trying to quote, Uh, if you want to be a mad lover, you gotta get with my friends. Like literally that.
Speaker 2: Lover, you gotta get in with his sister.
Speaker 1: Exactly, but like as if you know whatever my point being is. Basically, Cosette was, dude, if you want in with the bro, you like, gott to be in with me, otherwise it's not going to happen.
Speaker 2: I liked it, so okay, so I get it. They're just sort of coming to a peace offering kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Let's talk about Talia and Michelle though, because I found that conversation very interesting, where Michelle basically was like, look, I are you, why are you doing this? Is this really what you want? And blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I sort of think it is what she wants. I actually think Talia wants to marry this guy. Yes, he's old, but she wants to marry him, and she's happy with that. It's Michelle that's not happy just being married to Rick. Do you know what I'm saying. Yeah, I don't think Talia cares if she's not going on stage, right.
Speaker 1: But I think Michelle's whole thing, which you know, friend of friend, she just brought up her concerns and she was she just wanted to make sure her friend really wanted this, you know, for the right reasons, not just for money or not just to get married and not you know whatever.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad they made up. I'm glad they had the conversation. I thought it was a good conversation to have, and I'm glad that it didn't rag out. It's like, make up cares, let her do what she wants.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean the big revelation is that Talia is pregnant. So yeah, I once Michelle heard that, she kind of just was like, and we're gonna do this.
Speaker 2: She's like, all, raise the baby. I mean, the whole thing was. I think the thing I'm liking about this episode is there's a lot happening right think about it. We've got the fire situation, We've got all the girls and their boyfriends. And we've got Cosette and we've got her hunky brother, and then we've got this thing with Dez, and then we've got randomly, Sean Kirk is not Sean Kirk, Sean Gunn is in it. And Liza, while sort of does this really nice gesture for her sister, right, she didn't send the helicopter so Talia, a girl she doesn't even know, could get married. She did it because her sister so badly wanted to be the bridesmaid. And you're like, oh my god, I'm actually starting to care about all these people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, for sure, and I selfish Love and Franky are probably going to date the next episode.
Speaker 2: Right, like we're setting ourselves up for such a great season two that never happened, because I also like, I mean, first of all, the fireman walking in It's literally this episode is so timely because it could have been today, right where you're like, yay, the firemen are heroes and they're so hunky, and then you're like, yeah, GOODO also is a volunteer fireman saving everybody, and then you get the vibe, Okay, she's gonna like hook it up with him for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she puts the condom in her pocket. Yeah, spicy.
Speaker 2: The whole thing was great. It's like a ten out of ten episode. Like I said, I've said it so many times. I don't want to be a circle talker. But it's like it's it didn't get a second season because the first half wasn't strong enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was actually atrocious.
Speaker 2: And you're kind of bothered by its poor Sutton Foster because now she's good. She's really less annoying. Am I right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: She's less annoying, and she's kind of found her way, and I sort of think she's kind of cool. Actually, I don't know. It's a bomber that there's only one more episode and then we never find out what happens to these people ever again, and that makes me sad.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna there's you know, Amy's Trim and Palladino, there is there is room for a Netflix reboot, So fire at twel Amy. It's twell, it's not a twall. It's as all it is. Jackie, Jackie, please come on and say it's a twelve like it's a twelve. From the video that they posted yesterday.
Speaker 2: Pull the original tape from months however long ago. I mean, you don't have to pull up right now. I'm just pretending. But I called it a twell because remember I had my whole theory that twel.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: And everyone was like, you're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong.
Speaker 1: I was the one that said, I think it's I think at Google says at toilet too.
Speaker 2: Oh no way.
Speaker 1: But from the Amazon video yesterday they said a twelve, So I was right, and that was from the actual cast. See ye A twelve.
Speaker 2: And the only reason I was right is only because of twelve wallpaper. It's the only reason I was right because I know me some twall, So I don't know. Look, I'm going to read all the comments, but I did not like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it was Did you watch it? I did? I did, and I asked to watch the promo, which is why I'm so convinced in my conviction that it's a twelve because they said it at least.
Speaker 2: Wait time and a trailer. I think I only watched the trailer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like there's social promo that it's tell it was. It was like literally like a million people saying it's wall so that's why I'm i know, interesting, but yeah, it was just kind of like, okay, yeah, first of all.
Speaker 2: Here's what I'll say the compliments. First, beautifully, it looks like a movie, and the dancing is incredible, and it looks like I'm watching a chorus line. But then there's no there there story for me yet.
Speaker 1: Well, we can give episode one a go. We can't, we will and we will, well for sure we will. Meantime, we gotta finish this series, which last next week will be the last week. That is tragic.
Speaker 2: This is the finale, finale, like finale, Bunheads, we just we just met you, Bunheads. I'm mostly gonna miss Sausha for some reason. She was always my favorite.
Speaker 1: Did she come back and do anything else? Like what? Like where did she get?
Speaker 2: She went on to do The Affair, the show The Affair. She was really really really good.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. That was a good show. I'm getting excited for Parenthood. So all right, well one more episode.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, in the meantime, Bunheads out hey, everybody, and to forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com,