Speaker 1: The regular season of the rap The NBA Playoffs are finally here, and there's no better way to cash in on the high flight hoops action than Prize Picks, a preferred partner of the NBA. Every bucket, every dive, every win means more when you're playing on Prize Picks, So don't pass up the next shot with Prize Picks and get fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. Do it live in the twenty twenty six NBA Finals sweep Stakes. Alert pick live squares during the NBA Playoffs and you could win a trip for two to the NBA Finals. To enter, just make a five dollars lineup with at least one live NBA player pick during any part of the twenty twenty six NBA Playoffs. Live player picks are picks made after the game is already in progress. Prize Picks is simple to play. You know the playoffs season. I'm all in on LA as always, Okay, See, baby Lebron is gonna light you up more and more and more.
Speaker 2: Get on the action that.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Florida and Georgia. Download the prize pick apt today. Use coach Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineup after you play your first five dollar lineup. That's code Shannon to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollar lineup. Prize picks a third partner of the NBA. After watching a friend grow through a loss a few weeks ago, I saw how quickly grief turn into financial stress. No one deserves that feeling. I saw him feel ever, and I mean no one. No matter what I offered to help, it wasn't enough. And I promised my family I would never make them feel the same way my buddy felt.
Speaker 2: Trust me.
Speaker 1: That experience watching a friend grow through financial stress while grieving changed how I think about protecting my own family. Life insurance is about expecting the worst, but it's about making sure the people you love are supported no matter what. That's why at Nightcap we recommend life insurance through Ethos. Ethos makes getting life insurance fast and easy one hundred percent online. You can get a quote in second, applying minutes and get same day coverage. How much easier can protect and your loved ones get there's no medical exam, just answer a few simple health questions. Protect your family with life insurance from Ethos now by going to ethos dot com slash nightcap and a little it's ten minutes. You can get a free quote up to three million dollars in coverage at ethos dot com slash nightcap. That's Ethos E T h O s dot com slash Nightcap. Again, that's Ethos dot com slash Nightcap. Application times and rates may vary.
Speaker 3: What's up, baby, they left the wrong one in charge tonight. Listen, welcome to Nightcap. Yes, sir, we alive tonight. I'm your host, your favorite wide Receiver's favorite wide receiver. Six time Pro bowler, four time All Pro route runner, extraordinary creative separation before separation was even a thing. O Joe Sinko joining me tonight. My dog smoother than a fresh jar, skippy peanut butter, cooler than the other side of the pillow. Steven time NBA All Star Crossover Assassin, King of the Iso Ball, the Human bucket, getting himself ICEO Joe Johnson, Hey, listen, you already know who coming through stopping with the great energy. He's a time Super Bowl Champion Hall of Famer number two sixty seven, The King of the Black and Miles Storytelling, the man that can smell Cognac through drywall, the one the only Shannon emmanual edofious sparks to me, and Tonight's Nightcap is brought to you by the smooth, luxurious elegant make you text your exit one seventeen in the morning. Premium Cognac La Portier. Those looking to purchase a bottle of Portier head over the Laportier dot com to see if it's currently available in a state of city near you. Remember it's a premium cognac that drinks like an exo but better. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that like button. Do it's a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightoup podcast bead where you get your podcasts from. We would like to thank each and every one of you for your eyes, ears, and word of mouth, because without you, none of this would be possible. So for myself and the rest of the Nightcap family, we graciously thank you God damn its start this shit.
Speaker 4: We would have thank brother Oh for that great intro. Oh my goodness, got the smoke machine going his damn smoke along, about to go off in the damn house. All that shit ain't got going on over there.
Speaker 3: Oh, better open up a we were feeling good.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey guys, we've been nominated for the Hashtag Sports Award of twenty twenty six. The short list. Here are the four categories that we've been nominated for. Best Brand Partnership for Night CAMPI Side and Row, Best Podcast, Best Athlete Podcast, Best use of live video. Please go vote for us. The link is pinned in the chat. And again, thank you for your support. Thank you for your vote, because this is not even possible if you hadn't given us the support to begin with. They recognize that you support us, and they this is the way that they paid us off by nominating us.
Speaker 2: And so now let's finish the task. The task is not done yet.
Speaker 1: Nominee is one thing, but we want to bring that hard work home and we cannot do it without your support. All right, guys, let's get right to the ball. Okay, best intro. Okay, we're gonna say who had the best the best intro? Yeah, who had the best intro?
Speaker 2: Oh? Your I O up? So put the poll up. It's up. Right now. Can you see it? Let me see, Let me go go vote what you have vote.
Speaker 4: After you vote. I so, what's the revote? What's the results? Hold on, hold on, Bonnie.
Speaker 3: Hey, my goddamn fire alarm going off?
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the window open.
Speaker 4: Okay, looked like, uh, looks like I got y'all by landslide.
Speaker 2: That what that what the people say? I'm trying to figure out how the guy that created the intro his lab place.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, you know they just wanted to hear new They just we let you take it over the Spurs, So now we know who is going to be in the Western Conference Finals and take on the OKC thunder. The Spurs Molly Watt Minnesota timber Woods by the score of.
Speaker 2: One thirty nine to one nine.
Speaker 1: The Wolves traded more picks for Rudy Gobert than he had total points in Game five. Champagny those guys that had six guys in double figures. Sham Penny was five or ten, four to nine from the three he had eighteen victor Woman Yama quiet Night by his standard, he was nineteen points but only shot the ball eleven times. Darren Fox had twenty one. He was eight of ten. Devin Vasell he was four ten. He had eleven points. The knight belongs to Stephen Castle. Stephan, excuse me, Stephen Castle. He had thirty two points on eleven of sixteen. He came out scorching hard from the three point line and it didn't let up all night. So we had thirty two points on eleven and sixteen shooting five or seven from the three. Dylan Harper came up the bench. He was fifteen points on six of a shooting. But Minnesota it was just not enough. You could see early on in this game. I thought it was about to get out of hand early. Give Minnesota credit, they made a great push right before the half. But then the Spurs came out of this third quarter and really put the game away. Jayde McDaniels had thirteen, Desmo had ten, and Man had twenty four. Nos Reed was scorching hot in the second quarter. He and Terrence Shannon tried to keep him in it as best they could, but it wasn't enough. Nos Reed had eighteen points and Shannon had twenty one points, but it wasn't enough. The Spurs just had too much depth out rebounded them. Plus twenty no plus thirty one. The Spurs had sixty rebounds. The Timberwolves had twenty nine rebounds. That is crazy plus US thirty one on the glass. And that's why you have a lotside the game like what you had one thirty nine to one on nine?
Speaker 2: Yoe?
Speaker 1: What did you what you saw? You saw the Spurs and we we I'm not surprised. I don't know if anybody should be surprised because we didn't think it would have got this far. They didn't throw victor women y'all out of the game. What was that Game three or Game four? But it happened, and yeah, it is what it is. But now we know the Spurs and the timber and the Spurs and the Thunder and the Western Conference finals. Uh one nine t Wolf. What did you like about the Spurs and how they approached this game tonight?
Speaker 2: Joe? Uh tonight, Uncle Ocho.
Speaker 4: I thought the Spurs finally put together a collective team effort as far as winning. Yes, Castle went out for thirty two and eleven eleven rebounds, but for the most part, the whole entire squad played great. Bro I think if you Minnesota, you started the game with with ruty garden Castle.
Speaker 2: I didn't know what the hell that was about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, you give him, you give you give a guy like that theair shots because the ain't like he a non shooter.
Speaker 2: He could shoot.
Speaker 4: You give him their shots and he make a couple you in trouble. And that's what happened to night. Castle got off to a great start in that first quarter, and you could tell when he hit about twelve to thirteen points. I said, Oh, it's gonna be a big knight for him. You know, once you get it, Once you let a guy get rolling this league, bro, it's hard to turn him off. And then those other guys just I mean they shot fifty five percent from the field. What they shot forty seven from the shot like six from.
Speaker 1: The floor, forty seven from three and uh uh at eighty five there was twenty three of twenty seven from the free throw line. Eighty five percent. Can't start, aa, you can't you you can't win no games like that, bro. I know women y'am only had three blocks. But like we continue to say, like we continue to.
Speaker 4: Say, all all playoffs, bro, he afters so many shots. And then when you look at Minnesota, how the here you gonna win with random giving you.
Speaker 1: Three point Randal Random. Let's be real, Joe. Rudy Random was a Trocia Sauce series. He was broad had a solid game. I think the game that they won in San Antonio was a game one. I think he may I think he may have been solid that game, but for the most parts bad.
Speaker 2: They pretty much kept it making bay and you look.
Speaker 1: At and see this is see this is the problem is that you have is that you got a guy like Rudy Gobert making fifty million and he becomes unplayable. If I got a receiver of Ojo no matter, and I'm paying him, let's just say for the saga bar, I'm paying him twenty five million dollars, but on third down I bring him out the game. What value is that? That's the money down.
Speaker 4: I can't play Rudy up. For the most part, they couldn't play him. He had zero points. The man hold on your starting center. He was zero points with three rebounds. Look at how many guys holder. Harrison Barnes played seven minutes, he had four rebounds. Kelly o Lenneck he played eight minutes, he had four rebounds. Carter Bryant played thirteen minutes. He had six rebounds. Luke Cortnett played fourteen minutes. He had six rebounds. Dylan Harper had five rebounds. Every player on the starting ross starting for the Spurs had more rebounds than Rudy. Rudy is seven plus foot tall. That's unacceptable.
Speaker 1: That's you know what if he's blocking shots, if he's doing something. But it's just hard when your guy is that, your starting center, and I gotta take him out of the game because now if he can't guard Winby, who can Julius rydal is giving up such a high disparity.
Speaker 4: Who who are gonna put a free? Nis can't play him. So now now you get try to go bulling. You try to double him and the guys. You you've already let guys get comfortable shooting. Damn shoot around threeze yep, yep.
Speaker 1: Now they finna split your head to the white meat because every time this shot go up.
Speaker 2: What they try to do Joe Ojo look at the bench like, hey, hey, Chris Findler, don't look at me. I ain't got that.
Speaker 4: But and when you when you think about it, Rudy can't guard. He can't guard women. Yama and Randall and nas reed.
Speaker 2: They have the.
Speaker 4: Foot speed to keep up with him, but hell, when he go up to shoot, they smart. Ain't nothing they can do. Fellas, it's nothing they can do. They could be as physical as they want. He didn't kind of adjusted to that, and I think the Spurs grew throughout this series.
Speaker 2: And hell, women, Yama just a cheat hole. Bro.
Speaker 4: He just a huge He just too much of a difference maker. I mean, you look at how you pass the ball. You know, how he gets the other guys involved. He's not a regular obviously, we know he's not a regular seven to five guy. Like he is a real He is a real center with guard skills, and that makes them super, super tough to be. Bro, this is gonna be a great series in the next round. But Minnesota, Man, I thought they had a chance to put you to a game seven, but they get off to such slow starts, man, you know, to where to where the Spurs defense is so effective in their first cup in the first quarter or two that it kind of throws them off rhythm. And then man Hans the start forcing things, you know, just to kind of get going.
Speaker 1: And they just too good, Bro, They too good. They got too many weapons Jews gave me, gave me three points, you know what.
Speaker 3: Obviously going to this game, he.
Speaker 2: Gave me three points tonight.
Speaker 3: Huh, Yeah, that's it. Hell. Not only that, I was hoping Rudy. I was hoping Rudy could have one of those games where he surprises you and does something offensively that he doesn't do often. But I was hoping that a game like tonight where he understands the importance of having some type of production offensively so you're not a liability. He didn't show up obviously having no rebounds and then having thirty one more rebounds. Then they God damn Wolves that you didn't have a chance. At no point, Joe, did they even have a chance to actually win this game. At one point they were down thirty points.
Speaker 1: I think they closed it down, maybe losing by thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was bad. The game of basketball is all about matchups, all about matchup, and I think most of the people when it came to this series, because you had at Man, you thought, you thought at Man and and some of the collective some of the collective cast that he did have along with Julius Randall, would find ways to get things done. The game where Winby went out. That was one of the games where they took advantage and came through to win that game. I think game one they were able to win because they were so aggressive and played Wimby so well and Womby were missing so many shots Joe, you know, business shots, so he wasn't a fishing from the field. And then the game tonight, hell, they had them. They had the bulls young the goddamn start.
Speaker 1: This game was supposed to be able to have. Uh the Spurs turned the ball over fifteen times. Minnesota only had five and they lost by thirty. Imagine if that flips, like if you flipped that around, It's crazy how bad they get beat. That's now you're looking at a knitch of sixers or Knicks Atlanta score.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because yeah, they were up what twenty nine?
Speaker 1: They were up twenty nine in this second and then the next day, you know, uh, Minnesota cut it all the way down to twelve. I'm like, oh my good. Turn over and turnover and turnovers and turnovers. And when the one thing they can't do moving forward is that you can't turn the ball over against that team that you're gonna play next.
Speaker 4: They're gonna man and and oh, Jo to kind of piggyback what you're saying about.
Speaker 2: Go bear.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think Minnesota gotta really take a hard look at this, fellas, because I mean, San Antonio is gonna be good for at least the next decade if we just keep it in one hundred. And with Rudy, you can't even run a pick and roll to even try to get him alive, not against Winby.
Speaker 2: Hell, he gonna he gonna, he gonna get that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So he's non effective offensively and defensively, Hell, he can't. I mean what he gonna do. He can't guard nobody defensively.
Speaker 3: And hold on, Joe, just just to say so, put your GM cap on right now, right, put your put your head coaching cap on right now. You say, the Wolves have to think about what to do what to do with goddamn Rudy, him being a liability hell offensively and defensively when it comes to playing someone like Wemby. But hell, who's out there that can play Winby, especially with as good as he is, as tall as he is, as efficient as he is, and he's not selfish. Hell, he's a three level score. He can do everything. You can shoot from the three, he can shoot, you know, for the MIDI and he get he could take you off the goddamn dribbling drive. So there's really no answer for him in general. So I mean questioning how Rudy looked against him. Hell, anybody.
Speaker 2: To make it work?
Speaker 1: Do you got to put be able to score on him?
Speaker 2: You see?
Speaker 1: The thing is you let basically he relaxed and he's using all of his energy on our offense because he already Rudy ain't gonna give you nothing.
Speaker 2: So Rudy, Rudy, Rudy is the least of my concern.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, what time it is in France right now, my mom and dad watching this game. Damn, I wanted to have a tea and crumpet this time. I ain't thinking about him.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 1: In a situation like this, you're supposed to be under the rest because you need to be worried about what the guy I'm going against, what he's capable of doing.
Speaker 2: Don't nobody worry about that?
Speaker 1: And we've seen this far too many times that Rudy Gobert becomes unplayable. You cannot have a guy making forty fifty million dollars. I don't care the position that becomes unplayable. How is my point guard? If I got a point guard Joe and I'm paying him thirty forty million dollars, but I can't have him on the court in the fourth quarter because he can't shoot. I can't have Rudy on the court because not only is he a liability defensively, he's more he's a he's a more of a liability offensively.
Speaker 4: He gives me nothing, hey, and you got a point. And when you think about it, the job that Rudy done against Jokish was amazing. Yes, but these are these are two totally different bigs. You know, Wimby is a for ness big. You know, he he go off the bound, shoot the three. You know, he's very elusive, the way he dribbles the ball getting back all he needs a step on your here he dunking the ball, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: The thing for Rudy ojo uh. You know when he's.
Speaker 4: Out there on the perimeter doing dribble handoffs, women just kind of sitting back.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 4: He like, Okay, y'all do what y'all gonna do. I know, Rudy ain't shooting nothing out here, you know what I mean. So he just kind of sitting back in the paint, and it may look like he far away from you, but hell, once he extend, he gonna go get that, you know what I mean. So you gotta have somebody who's a threat. So that's why nas re plays so much. And you gotta play guys like Nasri who can shoot, because you gotta make Wimby respect the guy who he's guarding.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta gotta get him out there paint, Bro, so you can get some driving lanes because if when you're playing Rudy and he just sitting back, it's hard for man to get in the teeth of the defense.
Speaker 2: A yo, any of those guys.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Shannon, I think I think they have to really take a look at, you know, how they can improve from a big man standpoint, going farther. I mean because San Antonio and Okay, see Bro, they here for the long haul.
Speaker 3: Yes, Hey, but I got a question though, Uncle Joe, think about this right what you're saying, what would Rudy being a liability obviously when playing the Spurs, but think about the Wolves and all the other I mean think about the Wolves and all the other teams that they played. No, he doesn't have this issue all the time.
Speaker 2: Let's give him back.
Speaker 1: Jokics. The three ball wasn't wasn't falling. And see Yokic is not a fleet of foot Yolkic is not as quick off the dribble as Wimby. See Wimby can get by you, Yokics couldn't get by you.
Speaker 2: And because Rudy could bother him with.
Speaker 1: His win, he can't bother First of all, he's guarding the guy that's taller than you. There are not very many guys that Rudy's gonna guard. Just gonna be taller than Rudy. So now I've got a guy that's four inches taller than me and can jump, So I can't bother him.
Speaker 4: I can't putting it. He do this, He do this to Yoke and y'all can't see he do that. May catch hit him a damn mile, So he sees all of that.
Speaker 1: We saw this in Utah, Joe, You remember in Utah they had the same issue. They couldn't play him against the Clippers, laying the ball game because he was a liability.
Speaker 4: We saw this a lot of times. In Minnesota. He was a liability.
Speaker 2: You can't. It's just hard when you're best.
Speaker 1: One of your best players who you play a premium salary to becomes unplayable and I gotta take him out of the game. It's unfathomable to me that my best pitcher, my best closer. Just think Marianna Rivera the best closer. But I can't bring him out the ninth, my best hitter. I'm a pitch hit for him because I don't trust him. I don't trust him in the bottom of the ten, throw the eleventh in.
Speaker 2: He that's crazy. That's what Rudy is.
Speaker 4: He's one of their best players, and I gotta take him off the court. He gave me more than three rebounds at seven plus feet tall.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: And you put him on a guy who you thought was a non shooter, because I ain't no way, why would you put Rudy on Castle. I'm thinking at the start the game, I'm like, why the hell what they do there? And he just he got it going bro that first quarter and then it just unraveled for him. It just seemed like Minnesota, it's so hard for them to come by buckets. Un Ojo, you know what I mean. And for San Antono, it was like, hell, they score a wheel, Bro, just from ball movement alone, just move that ball hopping and everybody getting a great shot, you know, yeah, if it break down.
Speaker 2: Castle and Fox, Fox, who I love.
Speaker 4: I thought he played a huge part of tonight and them getting the win because both of those guys are great and pick and Roller great off the dribble there, great facilitating, and they got an in between games that a lot of guys don't got. Yeah, they can shoot the three, but once they get inside that three point line, even if they don't get all the way to the rim, they got the floaters, the little middies, the little touch shots. They just got too much in their game. And Minnesota just couldn't. They couldn't hang with them, Bro.
Speaker 3: And the funny thing about it, to the night of all games, you know, maybe you have women efficient, maybe maybe Castle maybe for sale, but but Joe and Uncle everybody was goddamn officials to night. Everybody, goddamn Fox had had twenty one points.
Speaker 1: Cut your zoom off, the cut back on you're so last, like a four second delay. Yeah, so cut it off and cut and come back in all that damn smoky head over there. That's that's the look. You can't fault his effort because he be trying. I'll never say Rudy wasn't trying because he doesn't. He but he's limited on what he can do. Joe he yeah, And I'm like I said, I think everybody you know, you remember that Joe who you went on here with us, But he had that one game where he had twenty seven points and twenty rebounds against the Lakers, and everybody says, see, I told you, look, that's an anomaly. He was never gonna have a I'll show you back.
Speaker 2: Can you hear you?
Speaker 3: Is it is it time?
Speaker 2: And good? Hold on? Dum dum, dum dumb? Is it better? It's better? They said, Man, you was talking you still doing the intro.
Speaker 4: Real, Yeah, go ahead, go ahead, finish your thought. But you was talking about how how efficient uh the Spurs world. When you look at Champagne, it was Fimenter and winn be able six eleven, go ahead.
Speaker 3: No, I was saying as a Fox, I mean, if there was a game where where everybody needs to be a fishing to close out this got it was a night I was saying, Fox had twenty one points. I think it was eight for ten, even three for three from three and hell with everyone else playing well and women didn't even have a crazy night to night.
Speaker 2: Joe, he didn't have to.
Speaker 3: Collectively, everybody plays so goddamn well, the goddamn Wolves didn't even have a chance.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, when you think about it, he didn't have to be heroic tonight when you got championning with eighteen five to ten from the field. Hey, look, I love Harper coming off the bench. He don't play like no rookie than me, fellas. He plays like a guy who's been in his lead three, four or five years. He understands the moment. He's one of those guys who great and poised and patience and precious situations. You know, they trust him with the rock As a rookie, bro, you don't really see ya, man, you know what I mean. And he's had big moments, you know, not just in this series, but throughout this whole, this whole playoffs. So I enjoyed watching him play as well. I just think collectively, san Antonio has the team.
Speaker 2: To compete with OKC.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about from top to bottom name and from the guard's standpoint all the way to the Bigs boys gonna be a it's gonna be some fireworks in his next.
Speaker 1: Because both teams have about four or five guys that can defend at elite level on the perimeter. Yeah, that is what separates. Okay, see, that is what separates because of a sale Champagny. You look at Castle, you look at those guys. They can defend. The Kelvin Johnson is He's not the best defender, but he a tried defender.
Speaker 2: And that's all. Sometimes that's what all I need.
Speaker 1: I just need some other teams that's not in the playoffs they got swept. I need those guys to be tried defenders because they just they give up to it.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, O Joe, what you want now?
Speaker 3: I'm glad you just said this right. We talk about how well okay see defends. We talk about the depth that the bench has, and we talk about the depth that the god damn that the Spurs have. But the one difference maker is they still have Winby yes now, as as well as well as the goddamn done that can defend. Who's gonna be the answer to be able to stop Wimby? What's gonna be the difference.
Speaker 1: Now they try to throw, they're gonna lose Chat and they're gonna switch it up to Hartenstein because they got to seven footers, six eleven, seven foot They got guys they can throw at them. That a lot, that's a lot more athletic. And plus Check can shoot the three. Check can bring him out the deep.
Speaker 3: Waters and get him in get him in space.
Speaker 1: What do you call him? He ain't worried about that. Not the same thing with hard and Style. He's not worried about Hartenstein. He's worked. Hardenstein is a lot Look is a lot quicker. And so he was sitting picky roll. He can dive to the basket. They do a great job, put him in the pick. They throw him the ball and then here come Check from the dunker spot and boom.
Speaker 3: Hey, But then the thund they're gonna have the same issue. Shade loving to get to the Mendi ship, Shade loving to come out the dribble and drive to the basket. Hell, Winby's still gonna do what he's done to everybody else, and Alter and goddamn shots.
Speaker 4: Well, hey, hey, hold on now, capsulating Shaye and many range assassin. You know, I agree with you UNC. They both got they both got guys who can defend. But they also both teams got guys who are great going off the dribble, great creating space, great scoring the basketball, great penetrating, getting into the teeth of defense and making plays. I think it's gonna be a pretty even game.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I know the Spury is gonna come in with a lot of confidence because they beat them four times. They won four to one throughout the season, so they gonna come They're gonna come in with a lot of confidence. And considering the fact that Okay, C is not gonna have the other J.
Speaker 1: He said he's healthy. He's healthy.
Speaker 2: Mmmm, it's gonna be interesting. It's gonna be very interesting to see what they do cause you don Mitchell, A J.
Speaker 1: Mitchell has played so well, like uh, maybe you know, take a game, but you take another game. But to make we're gonna make sure you fully healthy.
Speaker 4: I think I think they're gonna continue. I think they're gonna bring a J. Mitchell off the bench and he's still gonna be he's still gonna continue to get money. I think that's gonna be the difference maker in this series. Meaning Okay, see and san Antonio is it's gonna be the bench plus, it's gonna be the bench pleasure.
Speaker 1: The question is, and I had I think I think they're gonna probably start Lou dort On on Fox. But he's gonna have to man, Fox is so quick. Man, that joke that herky jerky, that's.
Speaker 4: Now you think they gonna I think you think they're gonna start put on him? They can put him on cancel, So who goes? So I want to know who you're gonna put. You're gonna put Shay on Fox? Yeah, and he gonna go right around Fox. Man.
Speaker 2: Hey you Joe, you Joe. That joke was so quick. But I watched that joke.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, he can't quick. Hey, he gonna they I think they gonna give each other problem. I think Shade being a little bigger, you know.
Speaker 1: Hes gonna be on, gonna be on shape him or I think him would sell.
Speaker 2: Probably Champigny.
Speaker 1: I think those guys, those that that triplets, those that trio is gonna take you gonna rotate and try to show because all of.
Speaker 2: Them are different.
Speaker 1: But Castle ist uber uber physical, he's quick, and you saw tonight Fox was giving ja Jade McDaniel's all.
Speaker 2: He can handle everything that he wanted. He nice, bro, he nice.
Speaker 3: You're right here, so listen, so listen, Joe and the out of the fourth time they played during the regular season, the Spurs won what there was four and.
Speaker 2: One against the Spurs one for okay see.
Speaker 3: Now that's that's now. That's regular season basketball. Now come and play off basketball. Now, who y'all got in the series based on it? You know, it's all about matchups. It's all about matchups.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: The one common denominator that separates both of these teams is god damn winby.
Speaker 4: I know, man, uh okay, okay see, got home court advantage. I'm going okay see, I picked them to win it. I think I think san Antonio is there obviously, you know they they looking to win now. You know, even though they're a young team, they got what it takes. Obviously, they showed me a lot throughout this postseason. But hell, okay see and showed me just as much.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know the fact that they're still hungry coming out for title that ain't er in this postseason. I'm sure they want to continue that. It's gonna be hard for San Antonio to going, okay, see and get a game, fellas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just and uncle, what you got, un.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you, if you The thing I can see is that I still think san Antonio might be a year away. The turnovers. You cannot turn the ball over against the Thunder. They punish you, They make you pay a premium. You pay double for turnovers in the postseason. And I just think the thing is is that Check and Hartenstein. I can see Check averaging somewhere between eighteen and twenty two, which they did not get from Rudy Hartenstein. You know Hartenstein, he gonna give you efficient. He ain't gonna he ain't gonna miss more than two shots because everything is gonna be a.
Speaker 4: Bob or or or or a floater from about five as his ass gonna have a double figure rebound. Yes, yes, he gonna. He's a hustle He's a hustle guy who gets a lot of his points off of hustling. Hustling, you know, put backs, things that give you extra create second chance points.
Speaker 1: Because when when we going to challenge it, if so, guess what? Yeah, so when when we goes to challenge something that said, okay, whoever Winby's guarding when he goes to challenge take your ass to.
Speaker 4: The rem absolutely, absolutely, absolutely right.
Speaker 2: I would.
Speaker 1: I mean, you make me pick if I had to pick some money, if I had to put some money down, that meant something to it. The hell if I'm putting money down, there's my money, so it means a lot to me. I would take the Thunder. I think I think I can see the Thunder in seven. I can see it being the Home and Home series. Joe, I really could.
Speaker 2: I know Ocho or Rebel he gonna go san Antonio already know.
Speaker 3: I mean, listen, listen, I like, I like, I like the Thunder. Obviously, what they've been able to do even when she was when she was injured, I mean, the they them young bulls, kept the kept the ship afloat. But that god damn Winn be so special. He is so special. I think he's going to be the common denominator being. I don't think Chef will be able to do anything with him, even though shed is seven feet tall. Wint be so dominant regards of who you put out there on them. I'm just giving the edge to the Spurs slightly.
Speaker 2: Okay, Joe, I'm just looking at these numbers.
Speaker 1: My start, my starting four and five gave me three points and ten if and rebounds.
Speaker 4: At home, at home, the close out game, closing, Yeah, everything I do them. Batting down, the hatchet, I do them. Boarded up the house. I'm hunkering down.
Speaker 2: I ain't leave it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you know I did when the storm is coming and say you need to leave, I'm batan.
Speaker 2: I ain't going no damn where. Yeah. Hey, you know what I think. I think Minnesota.
Speaker 4: I think coming in the next year, they probably gonna find a way to kind of give nas Reed a starting job.
Speaker 2: O Joe.
Speaker 4: I just think he plays well, you know. Uh, And and I think he I think he played well against wenby obviously being able to stretch the floor, and he ain't really looked like he was nervous to sced of the moment tonight, you know what I mean, he just came out and who Well, you're gonna have to You're gonna have to change your roster up a little bit. You might have to make a couple of trades, you know what I'm saying. But why if if.
Speaker 2: You know, we still got to give up the pigs that we gave for Wimby. I mean for Rudy. We gave up five first round as Joe.
Speaker 4: You don't think nobody won't Rudy.
Speaker 2: Look at fat ever game. Don't even want Rudy back.
Speaker 4: You remember Rudy within fat aver, Rudy kemps a bull job going fat a game.
Speaker 2: Don't even want Ruby Rudy back. Just a bad man.
Speaker 1: It is, it is any and that's the problem that he has. Any matchup that has it big, that's athletic, it's gonna be a problem for him. Yeah, they can space the floor and shoot. See what you call He would have a problem with em Be because Embid is so physical and b He's gonna put that big body on him. That's not what Joki is. Jokic is a finess player. Rudy is long enough to bother him, especially especially if he can't get him in fiul trouble early and he can't knock down threes to pull him away from the basket. Because you see, even when Rudy wasn't blocking the shot, he was making him shoot it short because he was working. He's with so much arc on it that the ball was coming up short. But at some point in time, Joe you gotta make a look.
Speaker 2: I'm looking.
Speaker 1: I'm like, hold on, Randal, gave me three Randal random been coming up real small, big moments, Joe h He's becoming up real small, I know, and they need you got a Minnesota y'all thought this was gonna be a better answer than Cat. That's the problem that you're running into and they seeing what can doing over there? Cat that had two postseason trip with doubles. I'm gonna keep my mind. Your da ain't got none of my day, none of my business.
Speaker 2: Brought it up.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, hey what Minnesota was hamper with injuries, So I'm gonna give him a little pass in this series, uh, I thought, And man kind of got.
Speaker 2: A little better, you know, the series went along.
Speaker 4: He didn't play great to night, but hell I thought at least at least his intensity was there, understanding the moment. You know, he was aggressive, he was trying to get to the cup. But San Antonio too much, Bro, They coming at you with too many waves, too many guys who can really shoot the basketball, feeling at a high level, and once they bust that thing open, it's hard. It was hard for Minnesota to keep coming back and being at home. I think I think that's the most impressive thing about San Antonio bro the way they played on the old the way they came in and closed that thing out.
Speaker 3: You know, one of the most important things too, is having that advantage, being able to play at home, helping allow your crowd to get into it, to make things easy for you offensively and defensively. The Spurs didn't allow the crowd to get into it at all. They didn't at no damn point. They really made it a home game even though they were playing away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you think about this trade, Joe, they'll tell you what trade doesn't make sense to me Because you got a guy in ad Man that wants to attack. He can shoot, you can get to the mid he gotta hear a three level score. But Julius Randall juwish Randall's not a better three point shot. Better a three point guy. Cat can pull your big cool pull now.
Speaker 2: See cat can pull win and be away from the basket. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, if you take Rudy out, you bring cadd in and cats in. Now, Rudy's got to go out there because Cat can knock the three down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, worry about Yeah, he'll turn his back on Rudy, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I did throw line Rudy at the three point line.
Speaker 2: He ain't worried about that damn shot. And he knows.
Speaker 1: How many times you see Rudy dive to the basket and dunk. Rudy gonna get put back dunk. He'll get a lob dunk. But I'm not throwing with them hands. It's tall, he awkward, so he ain't. I ain't worried about it bending down and getting the ball.
Speaker 2: Joe, Joe, I ain't worry.
Speaker 1: He's gonna kick it with him size twenty kick that thing there in the front rope pop.
Speaker 2: So I'm not worried about that.
Speaker 1: They're gonna have to because O Joe, you said, uh has all he has to deal with is Wimby.
Speaker 2: The problem is is that OKAYC and the Spurs.
Speaker 1: For the next three to five years, they're gonna runs unless something unforeseen happen.
Speaker 4: So easy, he's having his way with Yo Kitchen some of these other bigs. He's still gotta go through them. Yeah, even if you're going through purgatory in order to get to the championship, you gotta go through hell with your san Antonio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, see MM hm.
Speaker 3: And this is this is the bad thing though, uh because if you if you get rid of Rudy, who's the answer. There's still no answer that you can go and get that can make a difference against Wenby or the goddamn thunder.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that I gotta get productive. I gotta get points from somewhere. I got nothing from I got nothing from I got nothing from Ji Randall, and I got nothing from Rudy. So that puts so much pressure on and that he feels and had twenty four points, but it took him twenty six shots. I'll give him that all day long.
Speaker 3: And think about this. If you do get a big right Uncle Joe, would you get a big that's all? You know? Our office is big. That can get you points. Hell, that could.
Speaker 2: Shoot it traded trading for you.
Speaker 3: But then you know, you know what the problem gonna be. He gonna be a liability. You're not gonna get it.
Speaker 4: Okay, what what what a thing that I'm thinking if if I can keep Winn being honest, you know, versus him not even paying attention to Rooty right damn. I I mean I think that's a pretty good job. Meaning if I can have a threat out there that he has the guard Oh Joe, yes, instead of just stinting kind of just sitting close to the paint and now guarding this man who at the three man, you you you have a better chance versus going in there challenging him every time.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like it's just he just too much. It's too much, man.
Speaker 4: So I'm sure Minnesota will get to the drawing board this summer. They're gonna have to come up with something. I know they got some some some mean contracts over there, but boy, they got to figure it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the world of the last five postseasons, lost in the first round, lost in the first round, lost in the conference finals, lost in the conference final, lost in the second round. And I think that I think the thing is is that with Wimby, you can't out skill it. You gotta get somebody that's physical, that's that's willing to bang with him because his skill level is I mean, the first of all, there are a whole lot of fives. I mean, if you say, if you look at Hartenstein, you look at uh, you want to say cancer five, They're not a whole lot of them that has a skill like women that can be able to score. The only big the only five that really can score is Embiid and Yokic. Yeah, those are the really ones.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 3: That's why that they That's why I said there is no answer. So in the West, Winby's gonna continue to dominate because there's really nobody you can go and get that can match him offensively.
Speaker 1: We know that, but we got to get some scoring. That's the thing. That's the thing. Oh Joe, he only gave us nineteen, but his counterpart gave us nothing.
Speaker 4: So he beat us nineteen nothing. What if he gave us nine? Get off to a great start. You didn't do any better? He gave us three. Remember the last game? Remember the last game? How many points did did you have the last game? He didn't have that many last game. Hey, And when you think about it, Wimby just got too many pretty good damn players next to him, meaning guys who really know and understand. Okay, boom, we gonna feed big Fellow. We're gonna play through big Fellow. But boy, when they come out of it, I'm getting to it. You know, they got guys who really understand their role in Fox, Castle, Ver Sale.
Speaker 2: Harper.
Speaker 4: They championing like I'm talking about guys who played key like. Look, they'll have games to where some of these guys won't be as productive offensively, but then they'll have games like tonight to where collectively as a team, everybody them be you know what I mean. It ain't really he had cancel was you know, he was terrific tonight, but everybody was super solid around the board. And I just think it's hard to beat a team bro who has guys like this. And the only team I can think who is like this is OKC. But Joe, think about this.
Speaker 1: You know the last game, last game Game five, Guess how many points Rudy had four? So in two games he's averaging two points a game. Game five, Jude Randall has seventeen, So in two games he's averaging ten points a game.
Speaker 2: How many points did he take? You?
Speaker 1: Because it took him like fourteen shots to get those seventeen points. If I'm not mistaken, I think he was five or fourteen from the floor six to seventeen. My bad, I was off a couple O four from three?
Speaker 2: What was he to? Night?
Speaker 1: From three? O two one of eight from the floor two from three? And see and man's like hell I can get funky like that. Yeah, if I know my guys, I can count on. Oh, Rudy, if Rudy could give me a consistent Joe, if he can give me a consistent ten to twelve.
Speaker 4: He ain't gonna be do that on. That's asking a lot. That's asking a lot.
Speaker 3: That's not that's not what he is, Joe. That's what y'all told me when I said, maybe he can have one of those, one of those games.
Speaker 4: But Rudy, you love it that when Rudy was giving it to the Lakers, Rudy had a twenty twenty game.
Speaker 2: I said, you have never another one of those in his life.
Speaker 3: You was right, he's a defensive player. How many times he won that defensive ward on four times?
Speaker 4: Well, look, the Lakers couldn't match up with him. He was just shooting them big. The Lakers ain't had no answer for him, you know, and Rudy trying to guard the man. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. This this is different, bro, This this one the Spurs are a little different. I'm a well, look, y'all better get your popcorn ready.
Speaker 1: There's gonna be a great series. And have they decided when it starts Monday, Tuesday, trying to see the Western Conference Final start starts Monday. What is it on NBC?
Speaker 4: Okay, NBC, all right, okay, we got a game seven, We got a game seven.
Speaker 2: Kate cut out.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, they were supposed to close that that thing out.
Speaker 2: The Pistols won one, fifteen to ninety four.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jalen Durry had his best game seven to ten from the floor levels.
Speaker 2: He had fifteen points, eleven rebound.
Speaker 1: Kate had twenty one points eight as sis a sure Thompson, bro, just get in the gym and just try to make shots. That's all you got to do. That's all you gotta do. I thought Danny's Jenkins played his best game fifteen points, big threes.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Duncan Robinson came up the bench four to seven from the three. Paul reed again in I think Paul Reid and Karsler. Burt played well too. In the minutes that he played, he did, he did. Sasser, Yes came, I'm getting at it like say give me the ball. Hell no, I ain't give you nothing.
Speaker 2: Hey. He tough though, he tough.
Speaker 4: He won them Houston projects, bro, he could play like you hey, you could tell you know, he wasn't afraid of the moment. He was going at this. Man, he scored it. There was nine crucial points. Okay, Joe that he scored. Hey, I'm like you, Hey, Paul Reed got to play a lot more. Hell, he's had more. He had more points than he did, man, and he'd be getting at it.
Speaker 1: And one, I was like, damn at the ball just sitting up on the back on the back of the that. I was like that thing drop did there?
Speaker 2: Real? Like? Hey?
Speaker 1: And one the twenty one point retired sixty six year old NBA playoff record for the largest game six to win by a team trailing three to two in the series. The Saint Louis Hawks later became the Atlanta Hawks, beat the Minneapolis Lakers, who later became the Los Angeles Lakers, by the score of one seventeen to ninety six in the nineteen sixty West Division Finals. This was Joe and I don't look congratulations Detroit, But Joe.
Speaker 4: Cad has got to cut down on these turnovers. Joe, they killing him, Bro, They gotta cut down. They turned the ball over entire This game should have been over. They should have never been able to get back in this game. Yeah, they pulled away in the second half, But this game could have been over the first I mean, Joe, they turned them all in like four kin seconded possessions, and I told Thompson, don't throw no more lobs.
Speaker 1: Bounce pass man, don't you throw. Don't you throw another lob?
Speaker 3: And Uncle Joe was Thompson. He found out, But I'm glad they were already in control of the game. He has to pick and choose when to be aggressive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got.
Speaker 3: You got to pick and choose when to be aggressive because some of those files. You know, it was unnecessary. You didn't have to do, Joe, go undercut the guy, Yeah, yeah, you got.
Speaker 2: You gotta make go ahead on Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just I'm gonna say. You just gotta gotta make better decisions show if anything, keep your feet moving, just put your body in position. You got to reach you, you got to put your hand in there, and certain stuff you just don't have to do. You're giving away ticket ticket tack files for no reason, and you're gonna hurt your team. You're gonna hurt your team, especially an important game, especially in Game seven. You can't file out.
Speaker 2: I agree, I agree, O Joe.
Speaker 4: I think Thompson was great outside of just a little small minute things, Bro, some things he got to learn and understand. And obviously this experience that he's going through is gonna help teach him, you know what I mean. Hopefully he'll be better in Game seven. But man, I don't know what Cleveland had going on.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 4: That's why I told y'all after after Cleveland won that game in Detroit the other night, I said, Man, I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit win the next two. They they they've been trying. Look, they got tried and tested in the last series, you know what I mean. Like it's like it's like they don't play, It's like they don't panic. I think Kate is always under control. Like saying he got to cut down on a turnovers hell forty two minutes, I think he be doll dead tired everything.
Speaker 2: He really stealed them.
Speaker 4: Some minutes because they had to lead, and they came with Sasser, and they came, they came early with some guys, and I was like, you know what, good job, bit, good job giving him some by some time because you know there's a great chance you're probably gonna have to run him being tire second half, So just the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let him dock somebody, let him store build that battery up. So you go, ay, so cause you don't want to run on fumes.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, come on, cay Roy.
Speaker 4: But but James Harden now due to him and them damn turnovers, James had eight to night.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but it has set.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the thing, Donovan, I was hoping Donovan Mitchell had a game like you had last game.
Speaker 1: That was two games ago where he had Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The problem is if James Harden, if James Harven is getting on up there five to sixth, they're not winning because they created them the possessions because a lot of times his turnovers leading the runouts. If you throw the ball, if you just turned the ball over, Joe, and they got to take it out of bounds, you get an opportunity to say it. But if you turn it over and lead the runner, I can't set my defense. That's what and that's what you and that's that's what we said football. Let's not turn it over. Let's let them have to go against our defense. Don't have our offensive live and wide receivers trying to make a tackle. That is what they do.
Speaker 2: And and look at it.
Speaker 4: You know, Detroit was looking at the film, like, listen, that damn shrew's he can't go six eight from the three. He can't get twenty points. Cut his We cut his wald off. We got a great chance to win this game. Yeah, and you gotta cut them other guys off, man, you can. You're gonna make a hell on Donovan and James Harden, Jared Allen and Mobley. Yeah, you know they gonna be so so. But outside of them four guys, you can't have nobody go off of seventeen twenty five points. You know, if you Detroit and look look at the score, man, Cleveland only had ninety four points.
Speaker 2: Fellas.
Speaker 4: This is how Detroit has won all of these games. This is why Detroit was number one in the Eastern Conference. It's because of the defense. It wasn't because okay boom, Yeah, I know during average twenty and ten during the regular season. But for the most part, bro, we locked down. We played great team defense, we played great individual defense, and we stingy.
Speaker 2: You gotta be stingy, bro.
Speaker 4: I thought they were very stingy to night defensively, which obviously helped them win this game.
Speaker 3: And you know, Duran heard you U good, but he had during heard Joe during hurding that you.
Speaker 1: Look better wheeling than dealing. He put the ball. Yeah, yeah, man, he had Joey. We talked about that. I said, Joe, how high is it that when the ball you winning, you up by fifteen twenty points? Some Joe that don't even know the gain't got no business shooting no three? Man, that Joe was shot a three. No, that might have been Paul Reid that shot that three. Paul Reed shot that three?
Speaker 2: What shot was that? Swift?
Speaker 1: But I thought, I thought Durwan put the ball on the floor and finished with his lefl A couple of times. He did with his white a couple of times. I thought he was aggressive tonight. I didn't think he's second against himself, and he did an unbelievable job.
Speaker 2: I thought.
Speaker 1: The guys that came in off the bench, you look at that bitch player. Duckie Robinson twenty minutes, fourteen points on four seven shooting, Paul Reid seventeen points and seven of nine shooting. You got LeVert had eight, you got Sasso had nine. Well, when you're getting thirty one forty forty eight points from.
Speaker 4: Your bitch, and they got sixty, they got sixteen, they got seventeen nineteen. I was scored at forty seven seventeen. Yeah, and you look at Duram. You look at during Jalen Duram. We always talk about his energy and effort. Bro, that's got to always be a constant. You can you can bring that every game. Look, he had four offensive rebounds, you know what I mean, That's all we ask Bro. Listen, even if you have single digit points, you should always have double digit reguns.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think, I think all the time.
Speaker 4: But I think I think the Pistons really found something this series OJO with Paul Reid and that man coming in, he playing with high energy, effort, blocking shots, rebound of it. I'm making threes. I'm like, all right now. You know, I don't know if he continued this throughout the rest of the postseason, but damn he looked at me game of that.
Speaker 1: And then we'll worry about We'll worry about the finals. We're worried about the Eastern Conference finals. Joe, Old Tuesday, worry about that Old Tuesday or Wednesday. But right down, can you get the effort that you've given us the last four to five games don't change the thing. Paul Reed, give us that's got plenty, that's plenty good enough.
Speaker 2: But I love the fact. I love that that JB is going.
Speaker 1: To Karris Lebert because there were times Karris Lebert was kind of just getting mop up duty. He's going to him a lot earlier. Now now maybe now that has something to do with with Thompson getting in foul trouble.
Speaker 2: Also, Yeah, yeah, I think this.
Speaker 1: Was Jenkins looked really good because Joe we talked about him when k was out, how aggressive he was and how he like he dropped thirty on the Lakers and ended up and and and got him a victory.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, the kid can play. Yeah, he's getting back in that. Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: I like how they respond when their backs are against the wall, Fellas.
Speaker 2: That shows you.
Speaker 4: A lot about a team, and the Pistons have done that this whole postseason. You know, they've had different guys step up, be consistent. I mean, man, this is how they win defensively, locking down, getting stops, getting turnovers, creating points off those turnovers. I mean they were great tonight. Bro. Look you going to a host environment like this with two bona fide scores and hard and and and Mitchell, who's been playing decent, and man, you just kind of cut they water off if you just want to keep it one hundred, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But quorter.
Speaker 1: For Cleveland the wind, Joe correct me if I'm wrong. One of these guys gotta go off.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you gotta have forty or fifty, but like James Harden had that thirty, and he was sensational down the.
Speaker 2: Stretch, Big three, big three, flow free throws.
Speaker 1: Donovan gets thirty nine in the second half after only having four. Then you get Max Screws comes in up the bench and makes eight six shots at all them threes. You get remember Meryl had ten points, he had like three three. Yeah, and then Wade.
Speaker 4: Boy, d Wade brother. You gotta get rid of that. Ain't no way. You have people, you have people thinking, and you're talking about d Wade.
Speaker 2: Your name is.
Speaker 4: Dean Wade Wade, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He hey, uncle Joe, as as greatest, as greatest, the goddamn Pistons are. Defensively, the pressure is on James Harden and Donovan Mitchell. You know the issues and the problem that they've always had in the playoffs as one of the conversations that I always had when it comes to them, I think they have to do something they've never done before. They got to dig down, Joe. They got to do whatever they need to do. And Uncle, you said just one of the two have to have a big game. I think both of them, both of them got to be aggressive. You know, Mogue mobilely gonna give you fifteen eighteen. You don't know what you're gonna get from Wade. You know, Allen is up and down. Goddamn James, Harden and goddamn domind Mitchell got to come out there and they got to give you thirty goddamn thirty a peak, it's his game. Seven is doing die You're going home.
Speaker 2: I don't see that happening.
Speaker 3: Bro Joe, A Joe. They got to be aggressive. They got to be aggressive. You got to you if you got to make it two on five, goddamn it, let it be two on five.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the turnovers.
Speaker 3: Oo hey, man, James just had a good game. We only had three turnovers in this night. He had god damn eight.
Speaker 2: What what is his mo is his m O three turnovers? Or is mo O five or more turnovers, five of them.
Speaker 1: And as long as Thompson can stay on the court, because you gotta realize one of those guys having to deal with Thompson, the other guys having to deal with Cade cunning Um, and neither one of those guys or slouches on the defensive being no sun. So that's why you see James hard. James didn't take that many shots. He got to the free throw live ten times. But look at Donovan six or twenty he dealing with Cade. Yeah, big boy about it? K six seven, joke six, yeah, Donovan six to two. He's physical, He's more physical than Donovan. He can slide and he can beat Donovan to the Oh no, don't go to head.
Speaker 2: You thought you was going down right here, right here? Oh don't dog? Yeah, A and Lavern come in and he ges.
Speaker 4: Yes. Yes, when I say defeing, sometimes it may not be the greatest on ball defense, but it's just the consistent pursuit of the basketball, just trying to weigh you down. O yo, you know what I mean, Like booms trying just trying to stay in front of you, fighting over them pigs, making it hard for you, making it tough every time. We ain't giving you no death shots, We ain't giving you no easy buckets. Everything you gonna get, Bro, you're gonna earn these tonight. And that's what Detroit doing, Bro. They making Donovan and James earn every bucket that they get.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: And if they don't have a guy all this bench, or or or Mobley or Allen who can go off and get you twenty and fifteen, twenty five and seventeen, they not gonna win this game. Bro, them two dudes gonna help. They need somebody to come along and help them win a game. Those two alone ain't gonna beat Detroit. Look at Cleveland fifteen as sis.
Speaker 1: So you know I mean I got I got your two guys that you count on playing hero ball.
Speaker 2: I'm good with that. I keep you, I'll keep you under twenty five assists. I'll keep you. Oh, I'm good. Go you go ahead, shot it. Absolutely no.
Speaker 1: The one thing I can't you is for you to get those numbers. And then James, what did James hard have Joe O Joe thirty points eleven assists?
Speaker 3: No, I can't have that.
Speaker 1: No, you got three and eleven, so I know at least three or four of those gonna come on. Those assists, gonna come on. Three point shots. Now, I done, gave you nine to twelve. Nah, hell nah, keep on playing, y'all. Hey, long as they play one on one if we don't let them get other guys involved.
Speaker 2: See, the thing is about Detroit.
Speaker 1: They got guy that could defend without you having to compromise the defense. Ain't nobody coming yeah me, hey, get it done.
Speaker 2: Look he about he be doing it. He be doing it. Detroit don't have to put two on the ball.
Speaker 4: They don't really have to trap the make and roll because they got They got bigs who can kind of move their feet, and Paul Reid and During and Tobias hairs.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 4: With that being said, it takes away all your options. If you James and Donovan running pick and roll, because now you really came past to the big you really kind of gotta go into your bag, you know, and I know both of them, both of their bags are pretty deep.
Speaker 2: But if I wear you.
Speaker 4: Down, Ojo, and then we get in the second half of the game and you ain't really got the juice like you had maybe in the first quarter, we're gonna win that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna win that battle, bro, We're gonna win that battle.
Speaker 4: Every time Detroit has shown improving, I'm telling y'all, man, before even before the game started, I wasn't nervous for Detroit, and I just felt like, yeah, I just felt like they have what it takes. They have what it takes to win the next two games. Obviously, winning in Cleveland was great, went on the road shows a lot, but going home, I don't see them squandling the way. I know they've had some mishaps, you know, especially in game five, but I think understanding what they've been through in the last series and now having another Game seven on their home court, this is why you get home court advantaged.
Speaker 2: Fel Yeah, I think the thing is a big thing for Detroit.
Speaker 1: Also, they had to have bitch points because the last couple of games Tobias hadn't been Because you gotta realize, Joe, the.
Speaker 2: Previous like seven to eight games, I think they showed the sat of.
Speaker 1: The screen he was averaging twenty two and a half was a game he gave us six to night. Now he was in five trouble dealing with because I felt that Evan Mobley had a decided advantage. He just wasn't used. Yeah, if you see the night Joe, he used it. He posted him up to get Hey, you got him in, fired Trump and he had to come out of the ball game and guys Paul Reed came in played well. But I think to be able to face the floor with Duncan Robinson, yeah, because Cave's gonna break whoever got it gonna break him down. You got to come and he kicked and Duncan Robinson don't get he don't need much. He just he don't need.
Speaker 2: A super threat. He's a threat out there. Man.
Speaker 4: You gotta respect him, bro. And I think when you if you cave and you got guys out there on the floor with you, that gotta be respected. It keeps the floor so open so where you can operate. Get to your minty, get to the basket, shoot your floaters, and hell, he shoot the three just as well as he do any of that. Yes, I just think, I think, I think this is uh definitely obviously it's one game now, but I'm in favor of Detroit. I had picked him to win this series. So the fact that they did the unthinkable, and that was going into Cleveland, because we are pretty much thought Damn Cleveland.
Speaker 2: You know this is your game, said you don't want to have this games? Hee?
Speaker 4: Oh man you hey, look I know they didn't want to have to go back to Detroit and try to end this thing.
Speaker 1: Hey the mold coach. Look here, go ahead and pack because we're going straight from there. We're going straight to New York. We ain't coming back.
Speaker 2: Hope, hope. Yeah. I would have put that thought.
Speaker 1: Look here, go ahead, pack heavy because hey, we're going we Hey, we ain't coming back.
Speaker 2: We ain't going to Detroit. We ain't going nowhere. We're going straight to New York.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, I'm gonna let y'all sleep in tomorrow. Guess what, because we at home. Go ahead, sleep here for a couple of days. Take the take hold on, hold on.
Speaker 4: You know, if Detroit, when that New York gotta come to Detroit, see.
Speaker 2: There you go, there you go, bro, y'all sleep here. Yeah. But if Cleveland, when Cleveland gotta go to DT, ain't going nowhere, Cleveland going home?
Speaker 1: All all you got to do give it anything anything less than five turnovers.
Speaker 2: Y'all win this game going away.
Speaker 4: If I'm the Knicks, I'm at home, like hell, yeah, it's Game seven. Wear y'all ass out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I was in here, like, yes, game seven, I was hoping to give but I saw early. Man, come on this go to the second half right where they will play right.
Speaker 3: So so both of y'all got the Pistons winning the game seven?
Speaker 2: Yes, I do. Yeah, Okay, you got the Cavs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely. I think Donovan mentioned James hard is gonna go crazy, do you really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, listen, they tied, they tied it. That same ass them failing in the playoffs. I'm telling you they don't want to hear that no more. They fin change. They gonna listen, They're gonna change that narrative.
Speaker 4: I don't got I don't see how people get named like man ol O, thie Man, oh lie ass slick.
Speaker 2: How do you think he got the name because he lie man? What's up?
Speaker 3: What's up on?
Speaker 4: Name?
Speaker 2: Or thieve? And as Rob? Yeah, how do you think you got a name? How you think.
Speaker 1: James Harden get the name of not coming up big in the postseason when it matters the most. He has been god you talk about the guy has won what three four scoring titles of one of the highest scoring average got average thirty six and a half for a season had like thirty plus games straight where you got thirty and they're coming the postseason, man, and be like god, James, but every everybody, everybody, and people like, oh, I know it is. You understand what it is. Yes, you understand these moments and everybody, and you have to be able to rise to the occasion in these moments and more times than not as great a player. And James Hardener is great, but in these moments, more times than not, he hasn't been great. See, it doesn't do you any good when greatness is required and you can't achieve it, just like this, in Game seven's greatness is normally required. And that's how the Jordan's and the Kobe's and all these great players have made their name Game seven because I want to take off. See in the NFL, guys, you oh Joe, you we played Joe. Every playoff game is a Game seven. There is no tomorrow, there is no series. You win the first round, are you taking your ass home? You win the divisional rounds? Or you take your ass home? You win the championship? Are you going home? So there is no Okay, Hey, all they did was whole service home. Nah, hell no, if they hold serving home, you taking your ass home.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: So, if if I can't be what I've been when it's required of me, what good?
Speaker 2: What good is?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Man? Man?
Speaker 4: You done gave me one hundred and seventy five catches this year, forty two touchdowns. Now I need a third down. I can't get nothing. Yeah, I need a touchdown. I can't get nothing. You only great is that when you're required.
Speaker 2: To be great? Can you be great? On the man? And that's and And James has been.
Speaker 1: Great in the regular Cason, let's not deny that he's He's an MVP scored. You know, he's the first to have a sixty point triple double. I don't know what James was when he was in Houston. Come on now, we're not gonna do that, right, he was special. We were having conversations, Joe, who's the best careimeter to scored? Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan or James Harden. That was yeah, we was talking about that. I was like, god, dang man, and I saw MJ all the MJ career. I saw Kobe, But boy, what I'm seeing with James Harden got a mighty day.
Speaker 3: And you see, you see what we used to see the fact that we even had those conversations. I think he could he could mustle that up one time, Joe. He can change the narrative. Donovan Mitchell as well. I'm sure they hear that they always hit the noise about them coming up short in the playoffs. If there's a time, is if there's a time to be able to change that narrative that everyone talks about, all the basketball heads, all the pundits, all the analysts. It's game seven.
Speaker 2: It was today. Hell, it was today, o Joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah, that it was.
Speaker 2: I mean on your home court.
Speaker 4: This is why we bring James hard in, you know, because at least if we could get to the Eastern Conference finals. Yes, sir, I think that may even be of success, you know what I mean to some degree, you know, But to have to fall short in the second round when you had it by the rings I'm talking about. You did everything you wanted to do. You stole home court, You got to close out Game six on your home floor. Damn, man, I don't know what else you could ask for had it all in your hands. I don't know what else you can ask for all in your hands, and it was there.
Speaker 2: It was there before.
Speaker 4: Like you know, once Detroit got into like twelve thirteen points, I'm like, shit, man, Cleveland ain't coming back from there.
Speaker 2: That was it. They ain't coming back from this. It's too tough. But when you get you, when you.
Speaker 1: Getting that kind of production off your bench, you get you get Duncan Robinson was four to seven, Paul Reid was seven or nine, Charrislvert was three or seven, but he's two or five from the three, Marcus Sasser four or five, one or two from the three. When you getting that kind of production from your bench, you getting forty plus bench points and you got it from four players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, players. Yeah. LeVert and Sassa were huge, bro.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about timely shots, great defense, and like you said earlier on Jenkins, Jenkins, he was out there like a real two guard tonight, making shots, being disruptive, playing high energy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: They understood, bro. They hey, they didn't want their season to end. You could tell a boy how they were playing. They were the more desperate team for obvious reasons though, Yes, because Cleveland knew then we could close these boys out. But detruck was like, damn, this could be our last time playing.
Speaker 2: We gotta throw anything at them.
Speaker 4: And I just felt even though they were on the road, they were the far more desperate team tonight, Fellas and you can kind of tell I think again.
Speaker 1: Jalen Durd had fifteen points eleven rebounds, Dannis Jenkins had fifteen points, Paul Reid had seventeen points, Duncan Robinson had fourteen points, Carl Burke and Macket Sassar had eight to nine, respectively. And they go on the road force a game seven. That were the best team in the Eastern Conference all year long, and they showed their resilience one fifteen to ninety four. Now Game seven is Sunday, and I don't know the name of the building.
Speaker 2: It's probably gonna be early too. It's probably gonna be early the eight.
Speaker 3: What are they playing that Joe.
Speaker 4: Troy Detroit De Troy BA Basketball. Yeah, okay, so it's it's five o'clock our time, eight PM is eight.
Speaker 2: Eastern time, Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: James Harden pasted Steph Curry on the NBA's tenth all times Playoffs scoring list, moving into tenth place