Speaker 1: What's that at the bed.
Speaker 2: It's spooky. I'm joky.
Speaker 1: I'm really sure it's dead.
Speaker 2: It's coming this way.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, I'm ghosted, I guess man says, Hey boo, it's me Roz.
Speaker 1: Summer be gone. I'm over you. I'm done with the heat, though I don't think that's necessarily going away. But bring on the pumpkins, bring on the ghost stories. It is our time, and I'm so excited about it. I have got Cameron Farmer on the pod today, who is a comedian so so funny. I highly recommend seeing Cameron if ever you get the chance. And we had a great We got a great talk. It gets a little deep, it's a little fun. I mean, we laugh. We have a good time. There will be a video version of this episode within the week, but the audio is here and now, so I hope you enjoy that. I don't have a ton to say up top here other than you know, the typical stuff, mainly step you can find in the description of this episode, like my Patreon link for a full length episode every week, and I guess that's it, So let's do it. Here's me talking to Cameron Farmer on with the show. Oh my god, Hi camera.
Speaker 2: Hiras, how are you so? Yod, I'm doing well. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm so excited that you're here. We've done a lot of shows lately, and you're always slaying the children. Thank you so much, no child left enslave.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's always fun to watch you. And now I get to talk to you about ghosts.
Speaker 2: I'm so psyched.
Speaker 1: Where are you at on that?
Speaker 2: I love them obviously, I believe in them.
Speaker 1: Well, you grew up in Pasadena, which is like it's kind of ghost central. Yeah, there's so many old houses, so much, so much local lore and spookiness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the JPL, like what's his name, scientologist guy.
Speaker 1: Oh el Ron Hubbard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking gateway to Hell all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 2: It was like he would do like sex, magic parties, sacrifice, weird shit, trying to open up a gateway to hell with the guy who started JPL.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's like a weird gateway to Hell like in Masadena or something that they tried to open. It's really not a chill place at all.
Speaker 1: Does it work? Does it actually get to Hell.
Speaker 2: I mean I would say that there's like definitely demonic entities in Pasadena for sure, that like, uh you know, kind of dictate the vibe. I would say that for sure.
Speaker 1: Tom Girardi Honey.
Speaker 2: Fly, yeah, prime example.
Speaker 1: Wait, so when you grow up in Pasadena, is it like, you know, like all the teenagers go to the Gateway to Hell or what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I was such a like homebody that I tell you. I couldn't tell you, but I bet that that happened a lot. I was just like always alone, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Was too Yeah, but I still I had my moments where I would go out to like the spooky Yeah. I've talked so many times on this podcast about it. But we had like a cemetery that had like a witch that was like a witch lady that people would see. I that was I probably he was social about three times in high school and I two times there.
Speaker 2: I was at church a lot.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what kind of church are we talking?
Speaker 2: You know, new school Pentecostala, so very chill, but we're speaking in tongues bab Ton, Sure, absolutely, Okay. So it's like I did grow up like very spiritually inclined with like the like acknowledgment that a spiritual world existed, but like anything that wasn't of God was like so just not accepted in my household though. It was just like you don't even talk about it and think about that stuff because you can manifest anything.
Speaker 1: So I was just like.
Speaker 2: Very careful and very like aware when I was younger.
Speaker 1: Okay, So where are you at on that now?
Speaker 2: I'm still pretty like Okay, so I do believe in God, but also like I'm very like Christian scientist or Christian magi, I guess rather not Christian scientists. I celebrate Halloween and shit. But like where most of me still being Christian is because of like ancestral connections, Okay, and then also because it's like mine growing up and in no way, shape or form am I like Jesus is the Way and the truth and that's it and there's no other. It's just like, you know, God is all around us. God is like this earth, like literally physically and also just like an energy and a spirit, and you know there's so many different Messiahs who came down here to be like God is love and so it's just like God is love and it's how we like love one another and there's like a balance of energy. So it's just like I've definitely like pulled back a lot of like being so intense and like rule abiding when I was younger. I think, uh, just so much anxiety and like I have, you know, I'm mentally I also like I think it helps keep me like together and like alive. But uh, you know, dealy like am acknowledging that it's just that it doesn't have to be one certain thing and that like everybody's believes are legitimate and also real. Right, Yeah, It's like you can't take one thing and say everything else doesn't exist. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: I'm just such a believer that truly whatever can be believed by one person, Like whatever works for you works for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm not here to fight with what works for somebody.
Speaker 2: No, why would I. What is the point of that?
Speaker 1: It does nothing?
Speaker 2: It does nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So when you when you were saying, okay, so like when you were younger, if the idea of like a ghost or something, would that be considered just like demonic or Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Maybe my mental illness was a demon that I was trying to like fight with everything was demonic, Okay, But like I did when I was younger, I did definitely have like some experiences uh like am I Apparently at my grandfather's funeral, I was like two years old, I was like talking to him in some room and then I came up to my grandma and I was like, don't worry. I just talked to him. Don't cry. Everybody says he's fine and everything's gonna be chilled. It's just like, what are you talking about it?
Speaker 1: It's just you don't remember this.
Speaker 2: I don't remember it, but it was like told to me.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So it's like I think, I mean like definitely felt like a heavy like walked in a in a world where like spiritual, spirituality and uh presences were always there and like acknowledged to an extent where it was maybe too much. But also it's like I was probably way too open to that when I was younger, susceptible, Okay, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, that's why I feel like I'm pretty open to it. But at the same time, I'm like, please, like only on my terms. Yeah, I don't want just like some ghosts coming up to me and yeah, pinch in my butt. Yeah, I don't want that happening.
Speaker 2: Don't panch my butt.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think be like, I'm so grateful to be medicated now because I think, like before that it just was like an onslaught and just like so open to like anything, because you can't really protect yourself when you don't know how to, like I guess, like compartmentalize in like more positive ways or just like ways where you're protecting yourself spiritually. And so I'm like, I'm happy to be medicated because now I can like turn it on and turn it off when I need to instead of just like it's on all the time and you're just feeling everybody's energy and like presence all the time. Yeah, it's exhausting.
Speaker 1: Would you say that there's a side of you that's like also empathic or like psychically connected as well?
Speaker 2: For sure? I think I think all black people in America are given like tools psychically and spiritually that have been like passed on to us in order for us to like survive and thrive. And so that's just like I just think it's ingrained within us, and it's not just only ours, it's just like our entire history that comes.
Speaker 1: With us like an instinct, and.
Speaker 2: I think, just, yeah, just our ancestors just giving us those gifts because of what we've had to put through been put through historically. It just like as a people, we shouldn't have survived. There's like logically no reason why we should survive. In the fact that we are surviving and thriving, they're just just like I think a lot of spiritual warfare that has like happened to black people in this country and that continues to happen, and like the only way that we are so fucking cunty and stunty is because like we are like held and like taken care of, and it's like your choice if you tap into that or not.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's a queer connection to that too, for sure too?
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's why I think a lot of it is also instinct. Like I think it's like like a psychic ability that is developed from being an outsider, yes, or I don't know. I don't know what exactly. I can't really define what it is, but I do think that there's certain survival skills and certain abilities to look at things from a bigger picture.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I definitely think it's like it stems from survival, and then it's I think it stems from survival. Yeah, where it's just you have to be more spiritually inclined if you want to continue living and like and being queer in this country where it's just like why is that still the case? It's so fucking insane, it just doesn't make any sense. But you know again, I think that, like I think also the like God that has been created in this country is so fucking demonic and like such a way for like evil terrain that it just is it warps people's minds and there's like no, it's so wrapped up in capitalism and just like so wrapped up in control and people and fear, and I think that energy. I was listening to this terrorist that I really like. He's like an astrologist terrorist named Chris Corsini, and he was just talking about how like energies have a consciousness like that, so like an evil consciousness. When it's like we're seeing a shift right now in uh, like a lot more people being enlightened to like good and love and wanting like peace and acceptance, and you see that this evil consciousness and like uh, it's just trying to retain control. And so you see like when it wants control, it's like tightening its grip, even though like on a bigger level it's just getting pushed away and that's inevitable. But you see that grip being tightened even more. And so you see, like you know, in a more I guess like literal sense, you're seeing like legislation become even more like restrict and like us going backwards it seems like, but it's just this consciousness like not wanting to let go. This place is haunted. I mean it's a burial ground.
Speaker 1: Oh America, Yeah, just in general.
Speaker 2: In general, it's like it's fucked.
Speaker 1: Well and like just not even acknowledging history that is so prevalent in this country of just kind of like let's just act like nothing happened, like crazy, how is that going to turn out?
Speaker 2: It's like, of course there's gonna be like really just like a war, spiritual war. You can feel it happening right now, just energetically these two things that are at odd. Everything has been so imbalanced that we're just trying to find a balance. But it's just from the get of like what America is now it's just like it's not it was bad. It's just bad, bad stuff. But we're figuring it out. Sorry, is that too much?
Speaker 1: No, it's not. Also, when you first said that tarot, that tarot, what did you say? Tarot wist? Yeah, that terrorist name, I thought you said Chris Christie for like two seconds, Chris Christy I love, And it's like, wait a minute, Chris Christy is a terroist. Yeah, you love him. Can imagine I got a little confused for two seconds.
Speaker 2: In the parallel universe, Chris Christie is a terror.
Speaker 1: Can you say that person's name again, Chris Corsini, Okay, Chris Christy. Yeah, not Chris Christie.
Speaker 2: He's like Canadian and then was in Portugal for a while and I think is in Germany right now. He just creames all the time. He's fucking incredible.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really great.
Speaker 1: I love him a lot. I gotta get into that.
Speaker 2: And then he does all of it in ASL and like he speaks and does ASL.
Speaker 1: The same time, I think I know who you're talking about.
Speaker 2: It awesome. He's like a rapper also, which I'm like, okay, but I love the tarot babe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, does he wrap about Taro.
Speaker 2: No, he wraps about like it's always about like energy, and then like fuck my haters because he's a Gemini, so it's very bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, So do you have any stories, like, have you ever besides that funeral when you were a child, have you ever like felt like you encountered a ghost or something?
Speaker 2: A ghost spit tag for sure? Well I did astro reject okay, please please over quarantine. I just was like really high and i'd been getting I was going through and still am but really heavy going through my satin return during quarantine. So all these memories that had like been blocked off again being like queer where I was just like sorry you don't remember eighteen past, We're like all coming back and flooding.
Speaker 1: Me cut in return. Okay, if people don't know about that, that's usually what is it twenty eight or like around what is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's normally like twenty eight to thirty two. You get three in your lifetime, so there's like twenty eight to like thirty two. There's like late forties early fifties, which like when people have like a midlife crisis, that's what it is. And then there's one like late like early eighties, and then that's like you're you know, the next phase of your life and you're getting prepared for that or like the next phase of your spirit.
Speaker 1: Cause it's like it's when Saturn is back where it was when you were born.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it stays there for about like three four years.
Speaker 1: And it's usually when you're just like figuring out some new check.
Speaker 2: You're just like reevaluating your foundation at that point and restructuring and being like, Okay, what was giving to me, like what was told to me? And then what have I taken from it? And what do I want to keep and what do I want to let go of? So like at this one, it's a lot of like your childhood stuff and like things you were raised with and reevaluating that, like does that still serve a purpose or because a lot of the times with trauma also you like you have trauma responses and they've helped you survive for so long, and then you get older and they become a hindrance because it's like, well I don't need to you know, I'm older, I'm like more aware of myself or more control of myself, and I don't need to like still use those tools, but they're still here, and okay, let's let's get rid of those. If you choose to do that work, sometimes people don't and you know, maybe they're rotted, but.
Speaker 1: Just do it.
Speaker 2: It's scary, but yeah. So I was just like thinking about astral projection and just doing a lot of like spiritual work, and so I was like, Okay, I'm gonna do it. And I was like, let's see where what happens where I go? And then like all of a sudden, like happened upon like my theater teacher from high school, and then my grandfather again, and then my great grandma who didn't want to talk to me at all because she was like I don't know what the fuck this is and you shouldn't be here and I'm not talking to you.
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, while as for projecting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't expect to see them. I was just like, let's see where I go. And then all of a sudden, my theater teacher from high school was like, hey, you know, your life is not what I thought it would have been, but good on you. This is cool what you decided to do.
Speaker 1: Wait, hang on a second, so you were he passed also okay, yeah, so you went into meditation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I went into meditation. I was like on an edible. I had on some really like music that was like sounds and like tones, and just was like heavy meditation and just like letting my mind, you know, sink, and then like travel where I wanted to go, and like you know, saw like pulled back, saw some planets, was definitely in like weird spaces, and then all of a sudden, these like beings were there and I was like, oh shit, you know. And so it's just like it was not what I was expecting or what I was looking for, and it wasn't like I had been thinking about them a lot, even recently, so it was just like really unexpected.
Speaker 1: And you said your grandma was my great grandma.
Speaker 2: She didn't want to talk to me.
Speaker 1: She's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, she just like turned her back to me, and I told my mom, and my mom was like mad, and then was like, well, yeah, she didn't like that kind of shit, So that makes sense that she wouldn't talk to you because I never met her before. Yeah, it was so weird. And then my grandpa, I just recently got married, but he was like I like your Yeah, I like your fellow. He's pretty cool, Like you seemed happy. Yeah, but I he passed when I was too, so I didn't know him very well either.
Speaker 1: Well, but you talked to him at his funeral, right, Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: It was like the first time I had seen him since then. It was so bizarre.
Speaker 1: So do you want to do it again?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't done it since then. Well, actually that's not true. I got I was super manic because I actually got off my meds earlier this year, and that was like a time where it's just like so many downloads that I wasn't really able to control, and I couldn't sleep a lot. So I was like, let me just like ask for Forjeck for a second, so that way, at least, like my body can rest even though my mind's going crazy. And then I was like doing that and meditating, and then God was like, hey, want to chat and I was like sure, yeah, And then God was like, okay, let me just show you something, and then just like went deep, deep, deep, like very micro micro micro into the earl, into the earth, and then like was showing me just the myceelium and like the interconnectedness of that, and the talking was just like this is me, by the way, and I was like, okay, work, but that is me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: And it's just like so and I was like, all right, good, I'll just I'll keep telling people. And then I think eventually I was like, okay, I have to get out of here.
Speaker 1: So does that help? I mean, obviously would help you believe in God's for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But it's like and and then again though, but it's like God is so much more. It's just like it's our connections to one another. It's like our energy that we exchange with the things that we do and the people that we see, and like the love that we share, and it just is so much more than like our mind can comprehend or what our mind wants to, like the box that we want to put it in or the book that we want to put it in. That it's just like you have to remember that we're just part of the flow of everything and just like taking sometimes you have to take your ego out of it, which is tough, especially in like this industry where you're just like I'm not kidding, what and what if I don't and if I'm a failure. It's just like bitch, chill out. See.
Speaker 1: I used to word god too. I think some people get intimidated by that word, like, you know, because of probably trauma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which makes sense.
Speaker 1: But I've learned to embrace that word after years of being like ugh, yeah, But I say, I keep getting into situations where I'm like, oh, I'm like kind of trying to play God with my life. Like we're certain things where I'm like, oh, I can't manipulate this, like I need to just let it happen. Yeah, And I think that it's all part of a plan.
Speaker 2: And so I think also it's like we can if we choose to be the God in our lives, you know, and try to control everything. But it's like why would I want, I guess for my choices, Like I'm so limited in my view. I can only see like on this plane and backwards and forwards, and also what I interact with with my point like perspective. It's so I'm only gonna be serving myself and I would much much rather like serve something greater than myself. So I'll just like give it up to God. And then also then incredible things that I can never even figure out for myself, then you're allowing that to happen for you as well. So I'm like, okay, cool, I'll be a fucking sacrifice whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't care, give it up for God. Oh hey there one second, it's me roz Uh. So after we recorded, Cameron was telling me a ghost story and I was like, oh damn it, we stopped recording. Can you send me like an audio version of you telling that story? I think that the listeners would love it, and I got it. So we're going to listen to that real quick, and then we'll head on over to the rest of today's programming. So here it is.
Speaker 2: So Aunt season in la is pretty bad. What a silly way to start a story, but it's important. And we have an ant problem every summer and it's really frustrating because we don't really have really good solutions. We kind of just have to write it out. Last summer, we found this like really cool gel that you can put in a hole and the ants will take it back to their colony and then it kind of wipes them out. But we had forgotten about that until I came home one day and realized that, like my husband had pulled out the gel and so I was like, oh, this is great. So I took it. I put it in the hole and I sent a video to my husband and he was like, that's great, thank you for doing that. I had assumed that he had pulled it out because he didn't have a chance to do it. So yeah, backstory for that. But he came home later and I said, hey, thank you for pulling that out. You know, here's it seems like it's been working. And he told me I didn't pull that out and I was like, well, who did? And he was like, well, let's check and see if anything's missing, because somebody must have come in and done that. That's crazy. So he looked around nothing it seemed to be missing. Our laptop was their computers were there, all of our personal self was there. We checked the doors. There wasn't any sign of forced entry. It had called our manager, our apartment manager, and asked her if anybody had stopped by the apartment to maybe work on the ants stuff, and she said no. She checked in with our maintenance guy. He hadn't come in, and so we got really weirded out because it came from a cabinet that had been closed a little backstory is that we had had a neighbor above us pass a few years ago, and she's a really sweet woman and was going through a really tough cancer is situation. She had cancer, she had gone through he remission, but still her immune system was really poor and eventually succumbed to an injury because her immune system couldn't fight it back. While she did live in the apartment, though, my partner just had really become really good friends with her, helped her get groceries up the stairs, helped her like walking up and down the stairs, or talked to her out on the porch and just kept her company, and she would text them sometimes and just let him know how she was feeling. So we had known or had assumed that she had come down to play with our three new cats, because sometimes they would run around and chase something that we couldn't really see, and so we had just you know, we think that maybe she pulled out the antheing to help us out because she knew how much it stressed my partner and uh just wanted to do a solid for us before the really hot summer came. And that's my story. He let's get spooky, Okay, Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to tell you about a famous story. It's called the Van Meter Visitor.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Ever heard about it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well it took place in nineteen o three. Okay, work in Van Meter, Iowa.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So here's how it started. This is a small little town, four hundred people. There was an implement dealer named you G. Griffith.
Speaker 2: Okay, what's an implement?
Speaker 1: You know, like implements?
Speaker 2: Oh? Okay. I thought it was like one.
Speaker 1: Specific thing like implements, implement and he dealt that.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it.
Speaker 1: Okay. So he's over here money has his own business one night okay, for a long day of dealing implements, of course, and he notices up on top of a building what looks like a spotlight, like someone's like shining down a spotlight.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He's like, okay, what's going on? Like I'm trying to sleep, And he's about to go out there and be like you mother, you know that, fucking thank you? I'm sure the nineteen oh three version.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So he goes out there, he's all mad, and he sees it jump off the roof to another roof, and it's actually not just like some light. It's accompanied by this huge creature whoa. This creature is about nine feet tall and it has bat like wings. It has a horn on its head and the horn is what is shooting out the light and it moves super fast. It has a terrible odor that it's just like spraying all over town and then it kind of just disappeared, and he's like what. So some reports say that he shot it, shot at it, and that the bullets were.
Speaker 2: Like nothing, It's just like shimmy down.
Speaker 1: It's like literally giving us that. So the next night, the town's doctor is sleeping in his office, which give it up for healthcare workers, I mean sleeping in his office long days of work, and same thing. He sees this light outside and he grabs his gun and he shoots at it five times. Nothing just like like it's metal. It just goes off this creature. So you know, now this this monster is just like yeah, literally, who is that David Ghetta whatever? That song is titanium yey. So now we get to night three and word is spreading that there's this light monster and there's a man named Clarence Done and he's the next person to experience her. I'm gonna I'm just gonna gender her as her please, Clarence done is done? Yea, he's not. He's he's heard that this monster is terrorizing the city basically, which I don't know. She's kind of minding her own business. I don't know why they're shooting at it, but she's.
Speaker 2: Just shining a light, checking out.
Speaker 1: Light on the town. So he hears what sounds like somebody outside is struggling and gagging. Okay, honey, they were gagging. He was given it to them. So he goes outside and there's the light and he shoots at it. Nothing once again. And he goes out there the next day and he finds three toed footprints that allegedly he makes a plaster cast of Okay, though I looked it up and nobody seems to know where those are. So I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, at least.
Speaker 1: I know, but at least two other people saw it that night, including reports of it perched up on a phone telephone pole and someone seeing it hop around like a kangaroo until it made its way to the nearby coal mines. And it's home, I mean, I think sowing in the ground. Well, okay, so what one thing I with pointing out all these guys. They were very respected, like these were I mean we're talking doctors, and one of them was a banker, Yes, a prominent implement dealer of Van Meeter of course. So you know, that kind of lends itself to the credibility of this story, even though, like we don't know where this plaster two toad or three toad footprints is, but either way, so now we're at a point where they're getting their pitchforks and the town is like, we gotta get this this creature. So they heard noises. They go down to the coal mine and they're hearing crazy noises inside and she comes out. She's like, what is it like, I'm just chatting in my own business.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she comes out of her coal mine and I'm like, listening to myself, this is a real story.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm fascinating.
Speaker 1: So she comes out of her house. Yeah, and this time she's got a little smaller version of herself me Andi me. Yeah, it's like very mini me. She has like a four foot version of herself with her and she is just like, what are you like my property?
Speaker 2: Get out of here.
Speaker 1: She's her and her daughter just minding their own business. And then you know, of course these men are going crazy. So they're shooting at her with her with her light on her head and this is her she's got her light on her.
Speaker 2: Head, sireway higher away ricoshion.
Speaker 1: So and her little child is joining in on the it's a duet, honey, yes, harmony, harmonizing like only a family can. And finally they're like, okay, you're done. Like they run out of the bull woods and then they go back inside. They're like, are we done here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They go inside, and then apparently the townsmen dynamited the entrances and lock them in, never to be seen from again.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: See, it's funny because you and I are hearing this story and we're like rooting for the but like in nineteen o three, these people are like those are demon like you know.
Speaker 2: Well maybe, but I'm r But also like, yeah, they weren't. They didn't find like sheep dead or anything like that. They were just probably like what's happening? Who are all these people?
Speaker 1: Exactly? Maybe the mom was looking for implements.
Speaker 2: She's probably looking for implements, and she probably was living underground. All of a sudden, all these people are digging in her house and she's like, who are these.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm gonna get to the bottom of this.
Speaker 2: And then they start shooting at her. She's like, what, I'm trying to raise a family.
Speaker 1: Or you know, more maybe more likely that was like her smaller husband.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's probably more likely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, because I mean there would have had to be another parent or I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: That was most likely her husband.
Speaker 1: But when it comes to the credibility of this, so you would think that there would be a way to go in there and find.
Speaker 2: The bones, yeah, something.
Speaker 1: Or maybe it found another way out and it got out, I don't know, moved, there's a maybe it moved.
Speaker 2: Maybe all they're like, I guess I'll move.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we can take a hint. Okay. So there was a paranormal investigator named Chad Lewis that wrote a book about it called The Van Meter Visitor Colon A True and Mysterious Encounter with the Unknown, which he wrote alongside Kevin Lee Nelson. And I found a video online that was kind of talking about possible nations. I guess there's some kind of bat with a glow on its horn, like as a horn that glows. That's called luminotrix, okay, which I love. I love that, but not nine.
Speaker 2: Feet no, and not four feet either exactly. So huh.
Speaker 1: But here's something that's coincidental. If anyone here happens to be in the Van Meter, Iowa area, on the twenty fourth of September, the Van Meter Visitor Festival will be taking place with guest speakers, vendors, a walking tour, and a food truck provided by Snappy's Barbecue.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So if I was living over there, that's exactly where I would be.
Speaker 2: I get some barbecue.
Speaker 1: I actually love this creature. I don't find this see. I thought this is gonna be kind of a creepier story. I think it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she seems like just a cool gal ricochet. You take your aim, and who's to say that that bat isn't just a descendant. I'm mean, we evolved. You think she can't evolve? Right, Maybe finally she can get out. She's like, I guess I can't walk around, and maybe if I fly around.
Speaker 1: Exactly, they won't bother me. But I think that the part because of course people also even in those days, thought maybe it was some person dressed up in costume exactly and getting shot a million times. So I don't know. But I also a lot of times of these creature stories, I'm always just like, well, it could just be like an abnormal species of something. Yeah, that's like, why couldn't there be just like a giant like Clifford. Okay, Clifford's real Clifford. Clifford's a big dog, so why not be a giant bat?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: You want to hear some ghost voices?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time for h ev Pase. Have you ever heard of an EVP?
Speaker 2: Yes? But okay, only because of Demie's show.
Speaker 1: Oh you watched that?
Speaker 2: No, I only watched the cliffs of singing back to her.
Speaker 1: I guess her singing to a ghost. Yeah, well this is not that. Okay, Well this is okay. So what I do is I go to YouTube and I look up EVPs electronic voice phenomena, and I find two of them, and I want you to tell me what you hear, okay, and then I'll give you some options, the correct answer being what the person that posted it believes it said.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: This first one was posted by Stephen Lynn.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Stephen.
Speaker 1: It appears to be in his house. Okay, what is it saying? Okay, it's like a whisper.
Speaker 2: Sounds like it's saying, I want to bath, I want.
Speaker 1: I kind of hear that. Okay, yeah, that's possible. That's not what stephen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet it's not surprised.
Speaker 1: Sometimes, Okay is it? Ah? What the hell? B I'm a grown man. He felt the need to say that.
Speaker 2: I'm a grown man.
Speaker 1: Uh see, I'm Rafael. Huh or d what's that smell? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: I'm Raphael.
Speaker 1: That's what they say. Yeah, I'm Rapiel.
Speaker 2: I'm Rapiel.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, sure, why not? Okay, here's another one. This one was posted by Haunted Joe Horton. Thank you hate Haunted Joe Horton. I don't know what the location of this one is, but apparently it's a ghost saying something.
Speaker 2: Whoa.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's another kind of whisper. Sounds more feminine. Oh, let's do it again. I hear something that is.
Speaker 2: I hear she's scared now or she's here now, but it sounds really I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 1: She's here now? Okay, I do hear that?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: A ooh, bitch, she's serving is it be she's here in the house. See, don't just stare and laugh or de blue cheese smear it on trout.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wish it was that one. She's here in the house.
Speaker 1: I heard blue cheese smeared on trout?
Speaker 2: Really okay, and I can hear that now too, But I think she's saying she's here in the house. She sounds so scared.
Speaker 1: It is she's here in the house.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, she's here.
Speaker 1: In the house. Oh, I don't know who she is. I don't know what house.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna have to sage my body after this.
Speaker 1: No, you'll be fine. And it's just some audio.
Speaker 2: She sounds so scared and sad.
Speaker 1: Possibly, Oh, I'm gonna take these off.
Speaker 2: Wow. I hope she's okay.
Speaker 1: Well, this is fun. So let's do one last thing. I'm just gonna like rattle off some paranormally kind of stuff, and I want you to tell me if you've had an experience, if you have any thoughts, yeah, anything period? Bigfoot? Where are you at?
Speaker 2: Maybe that's how I feel about Bigfoot?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: I know there was that documentary about it where it could have just been like hippies like trying to grow meat.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's so hard when I feel like something is so reinforced in the zeitgeist. It feels like a CIA like a CIA syop, do you know what I mean? It makes me doubtful, right, you know what I mean? I know, And Bigfoot's just been around so much it feels oversaturated.
Speaker 1: It's everywhere. Yeah, especially, But then again, like I kind of believe in this big bad story that we read.
Speaker 2: I believe for sure, but also I never heard that before in my life.
Speaker 1: But also like because she kind of did it right, she like did her She had her moment around people. She said these people, I'm fine without.
Speaker 2: Them, yes, and then dipped Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Bigfoot seems to poke her head around a little bit more and just kind of.
Speaker 2: Like just be like, hey, I'm like, aren't you supposed to be hiding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the woods, like you want to take a picture.
Speaker 2: But I guess it could also just be like a protector of the woods who like started coming out more after we started chopping down the trees and was like, yo, okay.
Speaker 1: My house again, this is my house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I guess it's a possibility.
Speaker 1: She's coming out, honey, it's about time. Do you believe in haunted dolls? The concept of a doll being haunted?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: Because I just think that, like you know, sometimes spirits need a place to go in, you know, to buy like a place, and there may be are just trying to find something and when you're vel. Yeah, but if it's in a doll, there's something that that person, I think it's something that person did wrong where it's just like you're trapped in something that's an adamant, like this is a punishment in some way because you're not able to have any free will.
Speaker 1: Not really, Yeah, I mean there's there's a lot of things you wouldn't be able to do. Yeah, it would feel weird. It feels kind of like being a human, but like you can't like bend your no, you can't like you can observe. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then also I guess like with dolls being something that like children play with, and children are so receptive to like more of a like what's happening spiritually around them, especially with ghosts and stuff, because they're still so fresh and haven't been tainted by everybody else's shit. But like, you know, I fully believe in haunted dolls, but I don't fuck with that shit.
Speaker 1: Oh god, she scares me. What about synchronicities, yes, can you think of any synchronicities in your life?
Speaker 2: Well, I was just talking to my partner about like just deja vu, which I think is like similar to synchronicities, where it's like time isn't how we think of it as like linear, you know, it's just happening constantly and around us, and so sometimes I think with synchronicities are like with deja vu, it's just like us somehow our brains being able at one point to open up to like the bigger time frame or like the time that's happening always, and then that like coming together. So it's like oh, okay, yeah, no I knew this happened or I've felt this before because it already is happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So and then there was like an NPR my Okay, I didn't listen to this, but my boss did and was telling me about it, like an NPR thing where it was like confirmed that that's like how time works.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, I believe it. Yeah, Okay, I just remembered. Can I read you a ghost story? Yes?
Speaker 2: Please? All right.
Speaker 1: This was submitted by a listener of this very podcast. It was written in a five star review, which anyone that listens to this podcast, if you gave me five stars, you could tell me a ghost story that I could read with a guest. Maybe this is coming from T T and t T gave five stars and said some very nice things about me. But then they write, My boyfriend and I moved into our first apartment together, the attic of an old brick home built in eighteen eighty. Okay, I loved it. The second I laid eyes on it, I was immediately comfortable. I even said, I'm sure I lived here in a past life. So spooky stuff happens right away, like corners of a room that never seemed to get bright, or how many lights are on? Does that mean that because there's like a dark ghost there?
Speaker 2: Like the yeah, there's like someone there right oh, just like hi?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like can you please not shine your damn lights? The feeling that you just missed seeing someone walk past the doorway. I'd call it run of the mill light haunting. Yeah, sure, just typical stuff. Then one day I'm home alone, rushing to get ready for work. I walked through the room intended to be the living room. It was so small we used the second bedroom as our living room. I hear a loud whisper ask how old are you? It's kind of rude. I don't think you should do that. I froze for a second, and then I ran to the bedroom. I text my friend and tell her what happened. She asked me if I answered the voice. I said no. Then I thought about it. That I thought more about it. I guess I should answer. I wrote my age on a piece of paper and I threw it in the room and then ran for the door for work. Time passes. The usual creepy but not scary feeling continues. One Saturday morning, I'm laying in bed in that state before you wake up, and you're not fully dreaming. I try to turn over, but my hand was being held. I say to my boyfriend, Sean, let go in my hand. Nothing. I say it again and again, but no response. I start to panic and yell, let go, let go, Sean. I begin to visualize a woman sitting next to my bed. She has a typical Gibson girl. She has the dark hair all piled on her head. Then I realize I'm facing away from him, and the hand that is being held is hanging out.
Speaker 2: Of the bed.
Speaker 1: I yelled as I opened my eyes to become full Awake, Mary, it's Mary, she's this person, says, and my hand and let go. And I rock back a little, then bolt upright and start crying. My boyfriend wakes up and asks what's wrong, and if I'm okay, I start to tell him what happened. He stops me and reminds me he doesn't want to hear about that stuff.
Speaker 2: Just reminding you, I don't want to hear about.
Speaker 1: That A little reminder. I know I asked, but I don't want to hear about it. Okay, and the tet writes, don't worry, we're no longer dating.
Speaker 2: Okay, good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So months go by, we run into our landlord. I ask him the age and history of the house. He told me how our apartment used to be his music room, and he's just like trying to tell you about his music here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have a couple EPs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you ever heard of Spotify, a lot of great stuff was made in your room. Okay, that's not what we're asking. We wanted to know the history, and he would get himself all worked up because he would see a woman walk by the doorway all the time. He said that she was wearing a long skirt with a high collar white blouse, and I knew it was Mary.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you were in that situation, would you stick around?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I feel like so. I mean, like, obviously the spirits are there to reach out and speak to somebody, But then it also feels like, isn't that their home? It makes me feel like an intruder or something like that. But if they're trying to talk to you and trying to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if you're paying rent, yeah, like you legally are living there.
Speaker 2: You are living there. It just is like I guess, like those situations make me nervous only because like I think being open to that kind of like uh kind of like spiritual it just makes me nervous because I'm like I can't be everything for everybody, you know what I mean, Like I would just be so invested in trying to help out this spirit that it's like, oh, yeah, what I don't have the time out of the energy. I'm here in my house. I'm trying to relax.
Speaker 1: That's a commitment you don't want to have to deal with trying to cross someone over.
Speaker 2: While they're like holding my hand. It's like that's really intimate.
Speaker 1: That's very intimate.
Speaker 2: But also I'm in your space, so I understand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you don't get to hold my hand exactly your ass when I'm just sleeping and you're gonna touch me.
Speaker 2: Yeah and hold my hand where I'm like lego, babe.
Speaker 1: No, you're in my house though, Yeah, and it's.
Speaker 2: Like okay, but also eighteen nineties, it's two thousand and it's been a while.
Speaker 1: That's a long time.
Speaker 2: It's been like over one hundred years.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure Mary was just like, hey, at least I don't have to listen to that mixtape.
Speaker 2: Yeah, She's like bank, turn back.
Speaker 1: To a music room. Hey, tell people what you got going on?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I have a monthly at the Allusion with my husband called Late Night Talk Show, and it's just like we themed you know, late night theme ship, you know, classic great. And then we also have a podcast that we barely record. I don't think we recorded since April, but it's their babe. There's about catalog back catalog. It's called Mama Hits, you know, some more weed, and then just yeah, follow my socials. I'm around just doing shows all the time, having fun.
Speaker 1: I love a puckast about weed. That's like it's been a couple of months since we've done it, so long since we feel like that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's it's the vibe, it's on brand.
Speaker 1: I love that. Yeah, well, and I strongly recommend people see you live because you are so funny.
Speaker 2: I just love to have fun on stage.
Speaker 1: You know, I have fun.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much to Cameron Farmer. Be sure to look out for that video version of this if you would like to watch that version instead, or some of the other video versions. They're all on YouTube from the past couple of weeks and Patreon, patroon dot com, slash rolls, dress Flees for a full length episode. I actually just did one about Iowa, and that was kind of why the van meter visitor was on my mind. I didn't talk about that on Patreon, but I was going into Iowa, go through all the different states looking for paranormal things to talk about. I am trying my darnedest to get out there on TikTok and Instagram doing the reels and all that stuff. You know, maybe it has to do with a certain psychic Charmargoliz telling me that I should should probably get out there more, which I've also known I need to do. So if you want follow me, I'm trying to put out more comedy and clips from the pod and stuff like that. It's at raz Hernandez on Instagram and TikTok wait no TikTok and Twitter is at its ras Hernandez. Yeay, Hey it's Halloween. Tell your friends about the show. I love you so much, my DearS. I think that's about it from me. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me, kaybye. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me.
Speaker 4: Kay bye.
Speaker 1: A podcast network