Speaker 1: All right, my love Hello is La La kent Aka. Send it to Darryl and I have my best friend here, Katie Maloney.
Speaker 2: Hi, wait, what is that truck? Is that all I saw? I saw, irscrim is that.
Speaker 1: That's like a real truck rolling around. The merched team was like, what do you feel? How do you feel about this? And I was like, that sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: And I love that it was the truck because it just goes so perfectly with the fact that it's like a meme. And to see this like little hot rod truck rolling around Los Angeles, it's so funny. Oh my gosh, it's zooming around today.
Speaker 4: So today we're recording this on Monday, so it won't be zooming around on Wednesday when this comes out. But I'm hoping some of you see it.
Speaker 2: It should also be like an ad for like legal counsel if you need you need a lawyer called out, just have like Daryl's face on there, like with like two thumbs up.
Speaker 1: I think Darryl is like, what have you done to me? He seemed hyped about it, though I did ask him. By the way, I said, Darryl, this is really hitting and I didn't realize, like, can I please make merch and he said, as long as you send me one and they put it in an order for like sex.
Speaker 3: Oh amazing.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: No, he like he's like a lawyer celebrity on like a website, a lawyer website.
Speaker 1: I know. I saw it was really cute, cute face. Darryl's a savage though, right, I love him. Yes, we're recording today, but this will air on Wednesday. It's my baby second birthday. Yes, I cannot believe she's already two. It's very strange to me because I go from like acting a damn fool on vander Pump Rules to acting a damn fool on social media to put the phone away, and I am like a different human being, like I have to raise a person. And some people would say like, er, I don't know about that, but I feel like I'm doing an okay job. You are you amazing, thanks babe, And you came to her birthday party.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was wild.
Speaker 2: There's like live music, there was cake.
Speaker 1: There was Pan Express. Yeah, Panic Express.
Speaker 3: Was hitting different.
Speaker 5: Fucked up the Pan Express all of us, Oh, we all fucked it up. Yes, it was good and the beat Buds, by the way, we're the band. I think they're all over the US. They've got like multiple groups, but they're so good.
Speaker 1: They're so good. I feel like I was in a nightclub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and might have them for my next party. They bring like instruments is very like you know. Crowd involvement was gradual, but like as I was talking to the other parents, I was like, is it loud in here?
Speaker 1: Should we turn it down?
Speaker 3: It was super loud.
Speaker 1: Did you see Jenna so Jenna who used to be a producer on our show, her son gets so buck wild all that stuff. He no.
Speaker 2: I saw him afterwards. He was beat red, just sweating. I was like, did he just run a marathon? Like dang, he goes hard.
Speaker 3: He goes hard at the birthdays.
Speaker 1: He goes real hard at the birthdays. I have to be honest. The biggest reason why I got live music because I saw him at Hartford's party and he loved it so much that I was like, he's coming. I have to have the music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a hit at Hartford's.
Speaker 1: Okay, so obviously you and I know the drill, Katie. We can't discuss certain things, but I did ask the Graham some questions.
Speaker 3: Okay, we don't have to.
Speaker 1: Answer them all, but I do want to ask you, what is your prep like for reunion Day.
Speaker 2: On the actual day of leading up.
Speaker 1: To like, let's just say the week, because it does take a week to get mentally prepared, I feel, so what is the week like? And then the actual day? How do you get amped up? Even like aesthetically how do you get yourself looking snatched as fuck?
Speaker 3: You would think I do more? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I well, this year, I'm using a stylist. This past year, I've never actually even used a stylist, but I am working with Rima, who's amazing.
Speaker 3: Who's across the hall.
Speaker 2: Yeah this year, but I used her for Bravo con I'm obsessed with her. So I already got my alf it picked out. So that's like that takes a huge weight off trying to like figure out what to wear. And then it's like, yeah, get a little spray tan on so you got a good glow, and then I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, try to like.
Speaker 2: Listen. You can only do so much with everything else. I feel like, maybe maybe do some teeth whitening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I do all this thing pray that the.
Speaker 2: Skin stays good, drink lots of water. I don't know, like as far as like the mind, getting the mind right, I don't know. I try not to get into like a hole about anything. I try to just keep my wits about myself and be like, Okay, you know what you want to say, you know how you feel, say what you mean, mean what you say, speak from your heart, don't betray yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh, stand your ground like that's that's just kind of yourself. Yeah, just kind of just yeah, already know.
Speaker 2: Just but the thing is a lot of that goes out the window anyway, because you know, you get there and you're kind of in the moment.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, and you can't control what other people say. And I noticed that in scenes and even at reunions. Raquel literally I think she like writes down what she's going to say, and you can tell because it never makes sense. It's just because she's not thinking about what the rebuttal.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, so oh.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people prepare in a lot of ways. You know, they like they're they're like in their notes app or something like ready with you know, their comebacks or what they want to bring up and It's like to me, that just seems so like inauthentic, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: I try not to.
Speaker 2: It's just like I lived it already. We know I know what's coming. So I'd rather just sort of react to what's being said and whatever questions come my way and not be in my head and not be too prepared about things.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I wing everything because if I if I prep, it always ends up bad.
Speaker 3: You can't prep.
Speaker 1: No, do you know?
Speaker 4: Will you know going into the reunion, how many parts if it's multi parts they plan on it being or no.
Speaker 2: No, that's the fun of it because Andy will Is be like he'll do his sort of like wildlnes of like welcome back or join us for part two, and then if he says part three, then we're all.
Speaker 1: Like ooh, We're all like, oh my gosh, I can pay my rent and do some other stuff. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We find out literally that day, the day of the reunion, while he's while he's delivering his sort of wild lines like that, Oh that's cool.
Speaker 1: This is the first year that we are going to have a lot of episodes that we're going to have to watch before the reunion because obviously we have to, Like, the biggest thing is what people say behind your back, right, Yes, we lived it, but I don't know what people said in their confessionals. I don't know what people said when they filmed without me. So we have to see all the episodes before we go into the reunion. The reunion has not been moved. We're only on episode six.
Speaker 2: And it's next week, so we're gonna have like eight episodes, six eight or nine episodes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to cram in a week.
Speaker 1: And I told them when are we getting these because usually we get them like the night before and I need a good night's sleep, and if I watch something like that before I go to bed, I'm not going to sleep. I'm going to replay everything in my mind a hundred times. So next week I am going to be so chill. I told Jess, I don't want anything that's going to make me like tense next week. I just want to chill out. I got my spray tan happening. I just want I may do like a little sound meditation, zen myself out. Do you think Riquel's coming to the reunion.
Speaker 2: I think so. I mean, listen, it's in the contract. If you want, that's sort of like the button on things.
Speaker 1: Like if you miss it, you're done.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, if you miss it, you're done. But I think it doesn't bode well.
Speaker 3: No, does not like the.
Speaker 2: Only way you would not be able to go listen Like I like, I had COVID last year and I had to still like phone it in and I was sitting there shivering, my body was aching, like I had a blanket on my lap.
Speaker 1: And No, but it was gangster because as the reunion went on, She's leaning back in her chair, she just starts to see me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I.
Speaker 2: Started strong, but then just like as like the medicine was wearing off, and as the day just progressed, I just I was like, just I was just in a bad, bad way.
Speaker 1: Should we plan a day to watch the episodes together? I think I need you for like emotional and mental support.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need something. I've have to sit there and watch alone. I will like be spiraling because this is the first season that I can remember that I've had a hard time watching it back because normally.
Speaker 3: Because people like is it harder to like watch it.
Speaker 2: Back or I'm like no, because I've already lived it, Like I do know what to expect, right, Yeah, because even what people say behind my back, I know, I know the drill. I do it, so I don't I don't really take it to heart because it's like I have to do the same thing. I know what goes into it. I know when I go to my interviews and I'm sitting in the chair that like that's just like part for the course. We have to be like a little snarky, you know, that is what it is. I don't really take it too seriously. But this year, there was so much happening actually like throughout the actual seat, not just in our interview byes that I was really surprised by, like I and it was hurtful and very disrespectful.
Speaker 3: I thought so like that.
Speaker 2: It's been hard for me so and I just know that there's so much more to come and it doesn't get much better so much Jesus, Like I'm gonna need I'm gonna need.
Speaker 1: Some emotional support. I got your back. I'll be your emotional support animal my blanket.
Speaker 4: Think it's interesting though, because you guys have a lot of episodes, like you were saying, Laala to watch before the reunion, because you have different relationships now.
Speaker 1: I think it's like pretty apparent just off of our social media presence that even after just the regular season wrapped, friendships changed. But it was for me, like when I started hanging out with Shena, there was a line in the sand. If Raquel is there even before this stuff happened, you will not catch this bit around me. I don't like her, I don't like what she did to my friend Katie. Don't bring her around me. Then all of this shit happens, and I'm like, oh my god, thank god, I did not give this hoe a chance to like me in my presence and breathe my air.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the last episode is obviously gonna be about what's going on now because, like Bravo said, we picked cameras up again, which has never happened ever.
Speaker 4: Do you go in with that energy though, because I've never been at a reunion filming. Do you go in like, for instance, and Katie, you don't have to speak on this, but I feel like maybe your relationship with Schwartz on the last day of filming might be different than is today.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, you can always go in with that energy that like where you are today. I mean that's kind of the what the reunion is about, like, because you're coming together like where you stand today. I mean, you're talking about everything that happened, but you can absolutely be in the place.
Speaker 3: That you are today.
Speaker 2: You don't have to necessarily pretend that you are where you were six seven months ago.
Speaker 3: It can be like nope, I'm right.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting because you go in thinking like you're all good. But the second you have to start talking about the season I don't know about you, Katie, it takes me right back to being in that place and I start getting amped up again, and I start ripping on bitches that I'm like, wait a minute, we're friends, and then I just have to hope that they're strong enough to like when we leave like high five and go back.
Speaker 4: You know, it makes me think of I just thought of Brock last year, and you guys were in an okay spot when you went into the reunion, but then.
Speaker 1: All help broke Loue. Yes it did.
Speaker 2: So I mean I'm like, so kind of not much has changed with me and Bills.
Speaker 1: Katie stays even killed. Not many surprises with Katie. What did you think about Episode five? So last week's episode six airs tonight. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: First of all, my mom was the MVP of the episode, but we all knew that that was gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It's like not a shocked anything.
Speaker 2: I saw so many amazing like memes on Instagram and I kept sending her to sending them to her because she was so nerver. She's like before it aired, she's like, did I cry?
Speaker 3: What's it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Was I?
Speaker 2: This was I that?
Speaker 3: I was like, you were great?
Speaker 2: You're great then, and people like like just loved her so much. So that made her feel good because she gets nervous because she's.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't want to embarrass you. I'm like, You're never gonna embarrass me. Mom like, no, so care bear.
Speaker 2: But I, oh yeah, I mean listen knowing it's hard because like knowing what I know now, and even just like before any of this, I look back on these episodes, I'm like, God, I was so nice to that girl. And it's also like and seeing what and see how she was acting before we went on this trip, like standing in the kitchen with Sheena and Schwartz and she's just like your wife is of reacting. I was like, bitch, I have a name. What do you mean your wife is overreacting? Like this is how you're acting. But she was totally nice to my face and seemed to understand. And you know, I was apprehensive but still trying to give her a chance because I was like, listen, you're single this summer.
Speaker 3: I'm single this summer. Like let's try to.
Speaker 2: Make this like a girl squad of like us having a fun how girl summer, all of us together. So I was really trying to give her benefit of the doubt and trying to get some kind of friendship off the ground with her. That's why I was being and I feel like she was being very misguided. We felt that way that she was waving away from the shitty advice from people. So we were trying to take her under her wing, and we could see that she was a bit lost. So and yeah, I wasn't trying to make it all about Shina, but I really felt that like Sina was just gunning for it. Yeah and yeah, so again hindsight's twenty twenty. But I just watch it, I'm just like, oh, Katie, you should have just told her to stay home.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean, even Christina Kelly and I were like, are you for real right now, Like, are you really bringing this girl on the trip? Really? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yeah they were, And I was just like, I just want listen. I try to I do this with people and then until they I just I just know. And now once I know that I can't with them, then it's done.
Speaker 1: See if I were young, yeah, i'd be like a mob boss.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd look back at that moment. I'd be so proud. I'd be like, I gave her every chance. I was so nice, I was so kind, I would be.
Speaker 2: This is why, this is why I can confidently say like fuck you to her, because I give you every opportunity. I was so kind to you when I didn't have to be, but I was. And the fact that you didn't like really step up or really appreciate that or recognize that, and you just walked all over that and took a giant junk, diant giant dump on it like you're an idiot and I don't care, I don't care what's coming to you right now.
Speaker 1: Like he deserves absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's what is so crazy to me is that when people really fuck around and then there's repercussions for your actions and they're they're like this isn't fair, though, and this shouldn't be happening, and they try to like take every avenue to make it make sense, and it's like this, you did this. No one did this to you, right, So are we sorry that we got caught? Or are we sorry that it happened now? Obviously I have my thoughts about sand of all, I've always had these feelings. I feel like every time he's talking to me and telling me what I need to fix, I literally feel like he's talking to himself in a mirror. Yeah, it's always such a mindful because everything he says to me, I'm like, no, this is you. Everything you're projecting on to me is everything that you do and possess. And finally it's been exposed. And I am so glad that the episodes are not being edited to fit this new storyline. This was gonna be the storyline. No matter what I think, people would would have just been more torn on how they felt.
Speaker 2: I think this, okay, this season is gonna be wild and entertaining and no matter what, just blow your mind anyway. But watching it now is gonna just be a treat, you know what I mean. It's like, that's that's what I'm excited about. It's like, now it's like gonna be some kind of like Shamala on twist, you know what I mean, Like that's it's just it's just having it has a whole different lens on it. But yeah, with Standaval, I mean, I just feel like I never stood a chance with him. He was always gonna find fault with me. Whenever I'd open up my mouth to talk about anything about how I felt, what what hurt me, what I was upset about, He'd just be like, Katy, what about this?
Speaker 3: Like the what about hms?
Speaker 2: And the just the constant blame game, I you know, and then the nerves to always call me emotionally entitled. I'm like emotionally entitled. That's interesting because yes, we're all entitled to have emotions, but according to you, I'm not. I'm not allowed actually because the minute I start feeling anything or expressing anything, it's shut down immediately, and it's it's ripped apart, it's criticized, it's crucified. I'm cast aside. Like it's just like, how how the hell am I emotionally entitled when I've never been justified my like my feelings and emotions have never been respected or acknowledged or supported. So how the hell I want to know?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: I've like, I'm so emotionally entitled and it's like ridiculous in his eyes.
Speaker 1: But I feel like when you're well, he's never gonna understand because he's obviously and I will never stop saying that. But also, when you are in a marriage, you are both emotionally entitled. Okay, you now have to accept everything that I'm feeling and I have to accept everything that you're feeling. That's what a marriage is, which is why I will never get married.
Speaker 3: Well, no, no, I'm talking about Tom Stannabal.
Speaker 1: I know, but he will never understand that because he's not in that. He's never been in that type of partnership. Right, Well, well, he basically.
Speaker 2: Like him and Ariana. I mean they're marriage or their relationship emulated that, I mean being in a ten decade long almost relationship and owning a home like, But he didn't often the same thing with Ariana, Like she would often express the way she felt about something and it was like falling on deaf ears.
Speaker 1: Well, you guys were in very similar.
Speaker 3: I know, and I've said that to her.
Speaker 2: I was just like the the similarities were just profound, and I couldn't tell you that because that would be insulting.
Speaker 1: I said it a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean no, but who wants but who wants to say, like, hey, so you know that marriage I just ended because of all these things. I see that in your own relationship, like.
Speaker 1: I just but Katie, not many women are strong enough like you to say this is not what I want to be in Like, but it took a long time. It took a long time, Katie. But like it was definitely the cherry on top when you said to him, like, this is what needs to happen, or I have to form my self, be done and move on with my life. But for me, for Arianna, even though it was so apparent to me that I was extremely unhappy in my relationship. He was my best friend, but I wasn't happy in the relationship, and I, for some reason, did not feel that I could move on. I just didn't until something was in front of me where I didn't have a choice. Same with Arianna, because I had been through it and now I was watching as an outsider, I was like, I so feel for her because this is how I was in my relationship. But Arianna, I was like, he's sucking the life out of her. She's a shell of a person. And until that happened, which I'm devastated for her, but it was right in front of her. There's no other option.
Speaker 2: Listen, just because there wasn't something like I mean, there was tons of infidelity, obviously, but just because there wasn't like the a catastrophic event that And I still didn't feel like I had a choice.
Speaker 1: Like wh I say that to people when they say you had a choice?
Speaker 3: No, you know, like you wanted this. No I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't want this, but I recognized that I was rotting on the inside, and I wanted to end that rot. I still was very much like still very much loved him and wanted to be with him and wanted that life with him, but like, it wasn't gonna happen. So I had to be real with myself. The choice was to get real honest with myself, and that's what I chose.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of things where it was like, Okay, you fucked up again, Okay you're not coming home and you're picking stand of all. Yes, you're absolutely right, but I do admire your strength. That's something horrific. Didn't have to happen for you to get that strength.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, let's just be honest.
Speaker 4: People stay in those That's a lot of marriages, Unfortunately, it's people just settling because, like you said, it's comfortable and it's you can just.
Speaker 2: Because it's it's you have to turn everything on its head, and you know, then all of a sudden, it's like I'm moving out on my own and then I'm unraveling my life from this person I've been with so long. I'm selling my house and like this everything that I thought I knew was just done and it's going to be different now. And it's just like unpacking that sod. And that's why, you know, I've was struggling a lot when you see in the like this, you know, these episodes that you're watching of like trying to navigate this friendship friends space with Tom is so up and down and so difficult. And that's why just being so fresh and new, Like we just moved out of our house like a month prior to this, so it's like it is still fresh, right, and I don't care that it was my choice and I shouldn't. I'm not dictating anything as life. Like, you know, we're trying to figure out how to be friends. We're trying to film this show together. We still have all the same like best friends, So let's not complicate it even further by, you know, hooking up with somebody that's also like right here in front of us.
Speaker 1: And I know that.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, well, who would you hook up with, Katie?
Speaker 2: There aren't any options. I'm just well, yeah, you're right, but who knows. Someone could have stepped into the show or stepped into this quad.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people at the restaurants that are like hitten different that you could have hooked right.
Speaker 2: Like, just because you don't know exactly who the like, there's people, there's people around and that's who I'm speaking about. But yeah, so it's just like, let's not make it toxic. And it's like, just because people have done this in the past for so many years, well, we're not twenty six anymore, thank you, And like Tom and I was like, we're not. He wasn't just some dude I dated. We were married and together for a really long time. And also like when people were doing that past, that wasn't fun for anyone. It was very awkward. It was very toxic, and Tom and I didn't want that for us, you know, we wanted to.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought we did honor what we had and tried to, you know, lay some foundation for a friendship. So that's what this is about. He understood, like, this is what I need to be comfortable. Otherwise it's gonna make our friendship very hard and I don't know if I'll.
Speaker 3: Be able to do it. So that's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's not me trying to control him, just saying like I won't. I don't know how we will be able to maintain friendship if you were to start doing that, because that's how I'll feel about it.
Speaker 1: Well, it's cool he wants healthy boundaries.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying it's not like he didn't have like the option was still there for him. It's not like, you know, like, yeah, I mean, and yeah, I was doing my own thing, but literally with people that no one knew and didn't see it and wasn't bringing it to his door, and he was welcome to do the same.
Speaker 1: I'm really curious to see how people will react to tonight's episode, because I feel like tonight's episode is what really launches us into like the wild ride. You know, yeah, it's really funny, but also I'm just very excited tonight. It's Vegas. I mean, I know there's like a rundown.
Speaker 3: Have a suit.
Speaker 1: We're now in have a suit. We go to have a suit, Lake have a suit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Arianna has left, and so now it's Katie La La Christina Raquel.
Speaker 1: That's it four of us. Oh boy, I know I may have to have you back on next week. How did you feel about the Raquel and all of our stuff last week's episode? Can we just talk about what Disco Pussy was actually, like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they were like zombies there, like just people on the dance floor. They were just like like they look like they're just like half dead. Honestly, No, literally disco Pussy them making out on the dance floor.
Speaker 1: It wasn't like them making out with a bunch of people who were like dancing normal and canoodling, and it was just like, you know, Rihanna's Diamonds is playing in the background. No, it was music that you cannot dance to, just like random sal like random beats, people who came by themselves and brought their own lights, and they were so fucked up on whatever they were on that they were literally like zombies banging their heads and glow sticks like really close to their eyes. It was not a romantic wow situation, but I love the way they made it look. No, they made it look interesting.
Speaker 4: Why did you go there?
Speaker 1: Okay, out of all the places, A lot of people want to know why we went to Disco Pussy and why we chose Havasu, And I'm going to tell you why we chose these two places because I felt that Katie was getting out of something she was very comfortable with. So I'm like, what can we do where it is so far out of our fucking norm and out of our comfort zone? That were kind of like a fish out of water. And it was that.
Speaker 4: Did you see because I saw you talking to you and Christina were talking to a couple guys.
Speaker 1: Were you interested in them or were you just like it's fun?
Speaker 2: We had seen them outside and I think they were like, oh, where there's where are those girls going in this place? Because they were very much like what is this place?
Speaker 5: They were?
Speaker 2: I don't I think they were fish out of water too. But they were but I think they wanted they were curious, so but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, there they were very sweet. They seemed sweet.
Speaker 1: Is that your type? Do you have a type? No, he doesn't have a type at all. No, it is.
Speaker 2: Like it's random. It's just like if I see and I like, then.
Speaker 1: I like, okay, yeah, we've talked about, like dude she's hooked up with, and she'll show me and I'm like, wow, this one looks very different from the last one. In the last one, those two look very different too, And wow, we really don't have a type here.
Speaker 4: No, No, but there's not like something specific like a guy in a band.
Speaker 1: Does that like peak your interests?
Speaker 3: For sure?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: But also a guy that's I don't know, throwing a football, throwing a football, yeah, yeah, okay, or a.
Speaker 1: Golf club, all of them playing a band. Joe doesn't fucking.
Speaker 2: Matter selling insurance just like totally yeah.
Speaker 1: Does not insurance man. No, And it's a big he had big shoes eyes too. You better get a girl.
Speaker 2: No, it doesn't like truly Okay, I don't know. It's like listen if I don't know, if you make me feel kind of some kind of way, then you can look, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know when the cookie calls. You just answered, right, it's just what you do. By the way, can I back myself up on the scene where I'm at Raquel's apartment and I'm like, we don't have the same type, that dude, absolutely hysterical. Never, I do not recall ever making that comment about Schwortz. Literally don't recall it even the smallest I remember, but I don't think you would.
Speaker 2: You were like seriously wanting to. I think it was mostly it was mostly to get at me like that you truly wanted to.
Speaker 1: It was me being a drunk and see you next to shorts was definitely not your type. You don't say, I know.
Speaker 2: But but about Raquel, because I remember, like, yeah, at dinner you you mentioned like all of us were.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, yes, but can I tell you Raquel and I drunk La, La and Raquel may have the same type. Sober Lala and Raquel do not have the same I do not have the same type. How I ever slept with James Kennedy, I will never fucking know, and I don't think it ever would have happened had I not been intoxicated. Yeah, at the beginning, I really don't comfortability. Drinks and comfortability. I've always said that combination, you're gonna be sitting on someone's face. Yeah, sure will be. So how wait did you guys?
Speaker 4: Were you guys all pushing like you were like this is Laala and Oliver have to get together?
Speaker 2: And then she said listen, I know she wanted to give me out of my comfort zone and then was about like Katie divorce whatever. But I also was like law, like you're you're finally taking a trip as a girl ship, like you need to make out someone too. So when she was like mentioned all of her like, I got really excited for her. I would I didn't notice because I was unaware of like the point where she tapped out of it, because like I noticed, Raquel was like parked right in between them.
Speaker 3: I was like, what is she doing?
Speaker 2: That was strength, but what is she doing? Like Lala like finally had some like interest in a guy, like I wanted her to like have this moment as well.
Speaker 3: But I didn't notice.
Speaker 2: That there was a point where Laake was like I'm not I'm out of this And when was that point?
Speaker 1: Well, so Oliver we started talking. He said he was separated, and then he said he was. They were working on their footing with co parenting. So I said, oh my god, like I'm in a custody battle right now. It's very intense. Now keep in mind when he said separated, that for me is a trigger and I want to say a red flag, but I was like, there's no way, Like, it may be a trigger for me, but it's not really a red flag in this situation because we have a camera crew here. Who would lie about being separated on a show that's going to be televised nationwide. You wouldn't. Okay, So Raquel's parked in front of us. We go to the bar. She's like, you know, I'm kind of into him too. And honestly, at that point, just with the separated comment, and I just I wasn't getting the I have to let you smash. It's more was like, I'm enjoying this conversation, but like, I ain't popping pussy for you, right, I don't need to make out with you. It just wasn't That wasn't my vibe. So when she said she wanted that, I was like, you should go for it. That's why I tell her, I think you're overthinking this, just go in for the kill. I have no intention of doing anything like someone should.
Speaker 3: And you genuinely appure th way.
Speaker 2: It didn't seem like you were like at all miffed by it or like put off, like or jealous or anything like. I could sense that you were just like, I'm not feeling this anymore.
Speaker 1: No, I was, by the way, but I didn't see that trying to smash. No, you were talking to that cute Yeah. If I was trying to smash I promise you, I would have said, back the fuck off. Oh she she wouldn't.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't even gotten to that point because you would have punted her out of.
Speaker 1: The no, the seat if it was going that direction, I wouldn't have even needed to tell her to back off, because my energy would have let him know we're doing this. Yeah, by the end of that, when Wala turns that shit, you ain't gonna see nobody else.
Speaker 4: Did you look over Katie and see them making out?
Speaker 1: Were you like, what the fuck are you? No?
Speaker 2: I didn't like again, I was. I was very cooless like I was. I was kind of into my own thing.
Speaker 1: Right, we were all into our own thing. We had no freaking clue.
Speaker 2: Also, Christina Kelly had to like basically force me to go talk to those guys. I was very like shy, which I'm also like not like I normally like very I have no problem going up.
Speaker 1: It was the atmosphere.
Speaker 2: It was the atmosphere was like not it And also like I think I just gotched it, like kind of I've never been single on the show, and so that element of like doing like you know, talking to guys with like cameras, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was just like this, it's.
Speaker 1: So much pressure. It's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that gives me anxiety.
Speaker 4: By the way, Christina seems like a surprise, not surprisingly, but a great wing woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she definitely.
Speaker 4: Seems like it.
Speaker 1: I was like, is everything she like goes up? She talks. She was like like triple virgo sign, got a clear head, grounded fun. Yeah, she's a good one. No one hangs like Katie Maloney, I'll tell you what you're having fun. You're single. Yeah, you said, there's there's a guy sitting at this table, but he seems to be leaving. He looks like you know if.
Speaker 2: You yeah, no, They're like, we have a table available, but there's a guy sitting at him.
Speaker 3: Like what was he?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Is he sleep or something like?
Speaker 1: What's old man? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like I thought was just like some old man who's just been there all night. And they're like he's They're like no, like he seems fine, like he's actually really cute.
Speaker 3: And I was like, all right, let's go.
Speaker 2: And then we see this guy stay at the table. I was like, oh, yes, I'm gonna go ahead and just take that seat right there.
Speaker 3: H uh huh.
Speaker 2: I was like, la guy, someone she's gonna be up with. I think Sophie's got a boyfriend situation.
Speaker 1: Yep. We have so fun maloney. Yeah. By the way, huh. If we are so lucky to get a eleven, you you will have found your footing. I will have found mine. Arian is gonna have some downtime, and she's right, we're gonna paint the town fucking red. We're gonna be painting the town fucking pussy pink pitch. But god, it's the prettiest, the prettiest of the pinks. All right, what are the questions, Katie?
Speaker 4: Looking back with a fresh view, do you see a different slash earlier point?
Speaker 1: You should have called it quits. Oh that's a pretty good question.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, there's probably multiple times, but I don't regret it. The similar to you know, giving Raquel every opportunity and every you know, you kind of want to ride it to the wheels fall off. You want to know that you did everything possible. You have to really wait till you get to that point that you're like, it's your breaking point. But yeah, there's I don't think I would have done it differently, but yeah, obviously, like there was cheating, there was other breaking points of just being you know, upset and devastated, you know, but I just I wasn't ready then I didn't I didn't get I didn't see see it for what it was until I saw it for what it was.
Speaker 1: So I'm excited for people I've said this before to see Katie this season because she and I have the similar game face and like our words are very intense, our presence is very intense. But there's moments this season where you see Katie and how she's like vulnerable, moments that I think are even tonight's episode there's a very sweet moment, and I'm just really excited for people to see that, Like you really did, like you said, rocking until the wheels fell off. You know, you did everything that you possibly could.
Speaker 4: Yeah, proud of you, kid, And that was from Katt Eau. Sorry, Ketto, I don't know how to say that. Kara Jane one two three one. Do you guys ever want to get married or married again? What do you want in life?
Speaker 1: What do you want? Katie?
Speaker 3: I want at all?
Speaker 2: But listen, I sit there and think, like I don't see myself after like planning a wedding and doing that whole thing again. But I'm not opposed to to marriage. Just you know, that's not it. I don't I'm like seeking that out again. If if somebody's like I really want to like marry you, and I'm like love this person, I'd be like, Okay, I'm down, but I don't know about the whole like wedding situation.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, that feels just weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wedding dress, the walking down the aisle, I'm just like I don't know about that, the bride's maids. No oh no no no no no no no. Like it's like but like doing like courthouse or eloping, that would be fine.
Speaker 1: I love that obviously. I don't know what my future holds. I never thought that this is what my future would hold. But as far as like what I want, I am alone wolf. I don't know that I want a partner. I definitely will never get married. I don't even know that I want a partner though what I think, I yeah, I've realized that all of my relationships that I've had besides like my high school sweetheart, have always been long distance, and like that works for me. I don't like someone around me all the time. I like to do my own thing. I would be completely happy buying a big old house, moving my mom and Easton into it, my gays, my best friends. Do you know they just bring in Dick when I need it. I know that sounds horrible. Also having and just having a sperm. Don now that like you give me kids.
Speaker 2: I feel like now that you're like, you're like, this is this is what it is. You're going to meet somebody and can completely change. That's usually how it works, totally like how it works.
Speaker 3: Ye're like, you know what, I don't need anyone.
Speaker 2: I don't want anyone, Like this is what I want for myself, and there's somebody that's going like the universe is gonna be like, oh yeah, sentiment.
Speaker 1: Rock her world. I just feel so happy. I loved No, that's on my own.
Speaker 2: But this means that you like have found like the love for yourself and the happy like you you're good. That's like where everyone should really strive to be.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Katie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, happiness just on your own happiness.
Speaker 1: I'm sheer happy.
Speaker 2: You're not looking for it like in a partner with anyone else. You're like, I'm good on my own. That's that's like the that's the dream.
Speaker 1: That is the dream. I'm living the dream right now.
Speaker 4: You're you are your biggest love. Okay, sidfreed Rich give us some specialty sandwich ideas inspired by Slash for something about her?
Speaker 1: Can I just say this very quickly. We had the sandwich tasting that you'll see you'll see at the very end of the season. Katie, I can't get them off of my mind. They are the most fantastic sandwiches I've ever had in my entire life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, they're they're not like these like the most innovative, like out of the like the box kind of sandwiches, But we really wanted to do, you know, sandwiches that are kind of classics ones that you've had before, but do them well and kind of elevate them in ways to whether it's like through a spread or you know, adding a little spice or something. You know, just like some kind of something to them, like whether it's like a spicy like pimento with like a turkey kind of situation, maybe some jalapenos just to kind of punch it up a bit. And it's really interesting because there's one that for most people that you know, when they would go to order sandwich, they would get something, whether it's like a like I love a silk or sad, or they get a turkey or like some kind of like meat option. But the one that killed the most was the the the Greek salad sandwich that was like that was like a crowd favorite, which was like so interesting because it's all like it's a vegetarian.
Speaker 1: We had three, right, there was a.
Speaker 2: Spicy turkey, the soaper soda, the the vegan one, the green that one was really good too, and then so there's four so and then the Greek salad.
Speaker 1: That's right, because we had the Greek salad one at the actual space and that was hitting all the.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it's just gonna be about like having a really great bread, which you know, we we haven't settled on like what kind of like breads just yet, you know, but getting like the ingredients of the innerds just yet, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But are you guys gonna have soup?
Speaker 2: I don't know. We were thinking about some like seasonal salads. I think having like a soup, like a nice like I love, I like go hard on, like a butternut squash, and like a or like a good like I love, like a bone broth. I think a turmberic bone broth would be really beautiful, especially for like fall, Like I think that's like a cozy thing to have on the menu.
Speaker 1: But what about names? Do you guys have names yet? No?
Speaker 3: Like we thought about doing.
Speaker 2: I thought something so cute for just to play into something about her, because I thought it would be like you know, the naming things about her. You know this whatever you know her is to you, but like her laugh or.
Speaker 1: Like her you know mile Okay, I have chills.
Speaker 2: But that could be either like for like the drinks that we have or the sandwiches or you know, something like that.
Speaker 3: But like I think that could be fun.
Speaker 1: That's so stinking kill right. I love that, Katie. You have to do that charm whatever.
Speaker 2: Like the things that just like add up to making the things about her, you.
Speaker 4: Know, goosebumps up to peggyback on that. I mean, we have a ton asking when will something about her open?
Speaker 1: Do you have a date for something about her? Is it all just like TVD?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm still TBD are in our meeting with interior designer.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't stop smart.
Speaker 2: But it's like we're like we are like We're like, it's we're making it, making it happen. I mean, like I said, we we wanted to be very intentional and really thought out with everything that we've done, especially with the pre opening stuff, the budget and all of these things, getting all the ducks in a row, because it's not just about getting location and throwing up some you know, paint and getting some tables and chairs in there and just start, you know, throwing sandwiches out.
Speaker 3: It's like there's a lot of pre stuff.
Speaker 2: Like when we work to these consultants, they're like, no, it's it's like at least a year of this stuff before you even work into that. And then you know, sometimes it can take a long time to find a location and you have to like build out a location. Like it's it's not often that you just.
Speaker 1: Just just looks give me some chain restaurant that's moving in, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: Like that already has it's it already has the you know right, you're you're starting from the blueprint. Yeah, Like we were building our blueprints so that way, like if we want to do another location, we already got the blueprint.
Speaker 3: We can already you know. But it's like we we're that's why we want.
Speaker 2: We want to people when they do see it, when they do open it, they're gonna be like wow, like no, I get it, we see it now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So but it's just it's taking a lot of like prep work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you're ensuring success.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited for It's just like on the way over here, the amount of times that people all see like they're like, so, why sandwiches, as if it's the most obscure thing ever, And I'm just like, do you do you not like sandwiches? Like no, I love sandwiches, like exactly, Like I'm not opening up a magic shop like like that would be weird. I would expect people to like ask about that. But it's like this, people eat sandwiches like every every day, like multiple times a week.
Speaker 3: Like it's again like.
Speaker 1: It's like that is very true. It's like not some like wow.
Speaker 2: Like sock socks and socks like that, Like it's it's a sandwich shop, like it's epic, like like I don't know, it's like coffee shop. But yeah, like I mean I guess would it be It's like more surprising if I was opening a magic shop.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but like I.
Speaker 1: Think it would be rising if you were opening up like a witchery shop, it would be like definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay, I guess because it's like you don't look at me think like sandwiches. But it's like sandwiches aren't that obscure. It's just like I'm not opening up a restaurant and like because that's that's a full scale thing. That's that is a massive und of taking sandwiches Like it's easier.
Speaker 1: It's what I want to do every day is go to a cute sandwich shop and chill and have like an iced tea, yeah a lemon, right, And so so.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't I want to like open that and like be like, feel like I'm like the main character of a rom com.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think you're a genius.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Jay Felix six seven nine to two Ladies tips for dating in your thirties with like a oh, this.
Speaker 1: Is a great one. What are your tips?
Speaker 2: Have fun and don't take it too seriously. I think, like you don't have to be out there trying to find you know, your husband or your partner. I think date all ages, age changes, like honestly, like no, I I think it's just indulging in those things to make you know, just I don't know. I think I think thirties are seuch like an interesting and cool and special time in your life, right, and I think while dating you should kind of honor and explore like this time. And I think so and I think just having fun, Yeah, I think that's just I don't know.
Speaker 1: I agree, like thirties is okay, basically twenties. You know, Kim K made it cool to be in your forties. Jlo made it cool to be in your fifties. Like, I can't wait for all stages of life, but like, honestly, just go out and have fun, like Katie said, don't take it too seriously, don't worry about the age I think you go out. I will say I think you protect yourself at the beginning. Don't give up too much too quickly. Let the other person do all of the talking, you know, kind of keep a little bit guarded. Start making your notes because if there's anything that you see that's not really working out, you want to be able to like go And even though you're not taking it too seriously, you still want to enjoy yourself. And if there's little things you're seeing where it's like this would never work, don't waste your time going out again.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean going on dating is not necessarily like okay, well is this.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a relationship?
Speaker 2: Like treated as like you might never see the person again, So just enjoy it.
Speaker 1: But babe, most people are going out and they're dating because they're looking for their life partners.
Speaker 2: Well, I know, but if that happens, then great, Like it's either gonna happen or it's not. So just enjoy the moment totally. Like stressing about it, is it gonna change it? You know? Like if they're gonna call you, they're gonna call you.
Speaker 1: I also think they're gonna call you if they're gonna call you, even if you let him hit the first night. Yeah, you know, like they just are like men.
Speaker 2: Are very simple in that sense.
Speaker 3: If they like you, they like you.
Speaker 2: If they don't, they don't. And I don't think like how things go down is gonna factor into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I actually think it's like the universe intervening. If you sleep with him and he doesn't call again, it's like, well, I'm glad that that one was checked off the list and crossed off at the same.
Speaker 2: Time, move on, you know, at least you got a good lay onto the next hopefully.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: All right. My question for you is what are you most excited for people to see this season that we know is coming up that hasn't aired yet. A moment that you don't tell too much about. Mine's tonight in the hotel room in Vegas. Oh god, I've been looking forward to this, zactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this one is this is like this episode tonight is pretty good.
Speaker 3: I think it might be next week.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Lola, Yeah, Lala meets a guy.
Speaker 3: That one's really good.
Speaker 2: And then also I think, oh my god, there's so much I think I'm also kind of like forgetting some things. I think I kind of turn a corner too, Like I think you're saying like angry Katie a lot because I'm pissed off of people, but I think I kind of just yeah, I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 1: I've said it in a million in one podcast that I am so excited for to just like watch you. I'll be honest. I had to go back and watch episodes one through five again because I fast forward through anything that has to do with the Toms, Like if a Tom appears in a scene, I'm fast forwarding it, yeah, because it's so boring. But now I have to watch because I need to know what they're saying and I need to see behavior. But no, your storyline I'm so excited for. I cannot wait for it. And the whole reason I'm most excited for tonight's episode is because of the way the things that you said. It's is very, very amazing. Kitty's a fucking savage anyway, I love you, Maloney. Thank you for doing my podcast today.
Speaker 3: I love you. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll come back next week and weeks talk about all thanks were going to talk about yay.
Speaker 1: I can't wait, all right, my loves. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of The Give Them While our podcast, and I will catch y'all next week