Speaker 1: All right, break it down. If you ever have feelings that you just false home Amy and Cat, gotcha, Cob and locking m Brother, ladies and folks, do you just follow Anna spirit where it's all the front and real stuff, tell the chill stuff and the him but Swayne, Sometimes the best thing you can do it just stop you feel things. This is feeling things.
Speaker 2: With Amy and Cat. Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Welcome to feeling things. I'm Amy and I'm Cat and our feeling of the day is coming from you Cat, which you guy.
Speaker 2: I'm feeling a regretful.
Speaker 4: I didn't really want to say that word because I don't want to be feeling this, but it's that's part of feeling your feelings.
Speaker 2: It's like they are what they are. What did you do?
Speaker 4: So a couple of days ago I got real, well, probably a week ago I got you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to give you the long version of this story.
Speaker 3: Like what I'm like, Okay, this is we're setting this up for like you did something crazy because like I'm like, I regret too, and I know what you're regretting, and I'm like, okay, you're regretting this, and like I'm regretting yelling at my kid.
Speaker 2: Because he ate all the pineapple.
Speaker 4: So okay, I need to process that before I process myself.
Speaker 3: I already asked for forgiveness. Okay, I didn't like yell yell, but no, I didn't minds the feeling of the day. But once she said I didn't know exactly what your feeling was gonna be, but I knew it was going to be about your hair.
Speaker 2: I'm sat in the state. Oh sorry, I set this stup. Well, they don't know what Okay, so wait a second.
Speaker 4: I could say this because I'll forget one thing that does kind of get my tails all twisted.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think of afraid. What's another thing you say?
Speaker 4: Yuck my yeah, okay, that's a phrase people say.
Speaker 2: That Hey good, sure they do. I've never heard anybody but you say it.
Speaker 4: We also got an email I don't know if we read it where a mom said it and her daughter was like, Mom, don't ever say that again.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Yeah, because it's definitely not like what all the cool kids are saying. I'm not claiming to be cool, like you know how we say fire, sick or whatever.
Speaker 3: A big one right now is I'm about to crash out, which is I'm about to lose it, and I feel like your hair is causing me to crash out.
Speaker 2: I am crashing out.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have to read this because speaking of cool things, I got a text last night from a friend of mine and she said, we just had a waiter describe a dish to us as the missionary sex of chicken dishes.
Speaker 2: So it's just like, you know, playing plan.
Speaker 4: But then I said where, I won't say where, and she said, he actually said, usually the half chicken is busting', but this version is the missionary sex of chicken. And I said, did you end up getting it? And she said, we did not get it. We're not going to be the boring couple because they are a kind of like a cool couple out on a day, say, like kids and they're going out, but like how And I was like, ool, that's so funny. I wish that kid was my waiter. And she was like, he was like thirty five.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think I would want a kid waiter talking to me about missionary and sex.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I think it's better than he was thirty five.
Speaker 3: I don't want a teenager being like this. One's like the missionary's yes, but also like funny not selling the dish, Well, no, not at all.
Speaker 2: Where were we Well, you're crashing out. I'm crashing out. But I have to say this too before I crash out.
Speaker 4: One of the things that twists my ties when I say it, gets my ties all twisted.
Speaker 2: And yuktu're young, yeah, is when you.
Speaker 4: Have something that you're looking forward to eating and it's in the fridge and you're like, oh, it's like leftovers.
Speaker 2: You're like, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gonna go have the leftover Chinese food or pizza or whatever, and you open the door and it's gone.
Speaker 3: So you understand I crashed out with the pineapple.
Speaker 2: When you were looking forward to food.
Speaker 3: It was a full thing of pineapple, like full in hand.
Speaker 4: If you're like, oh, that juicy pineapples and the fridge waiting for me, I can't wait to just go eat it.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, oh, I get it.
Speaker 3: So I came from school in cross country, so I get he was hot and tired and probably thirsty and pineapples juicy and hydrating and like yum, and he ate the entire cut up thing to where I'm like, now now there's no more.
Speaker 2: Now there's no I don't get doesn't get any pineapple.
Speaker 3: I don't get any pineapples to shear when I'd probably pack that in her lunch tour like I started, I started bringing in.
Speaker 2: To share it. It's true she did to your sister.
Speaker 3: She had been packing it in her lunch and now it's gone. And the thing is there's oranges, apples, bananas and stores pretty QUI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I said.
Speaker 3: I looked at him and I said, Hoever I was crashing out. I said, we need to learn to diversify.
Speaker 5: Because then it won't just you know, oh does it bear her in one sitting? You know, like you can't just like ever take a thingful of everything.
Speaker 2: You need it all when you.
Speaker 3: Share ols with people because you're never gonna have roommates when you go to college. Yes, because I'm like, you need like, look, you could have gotten a little bit of pineapple, and you could have gotten an apple and then eating a banana and then gotten all these different nudes.
Speaker 2: What was he like, Mom, are you okay? You just looked at me and he was like okay. Like it's like he's like, I thought you wanted us to eat.
Speaker 3: Fruit, and like I do want them to eat fruit, and yes, I can go get another pineapple.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying what I did.
Speaker 3: Was okay, But as the kids say, I just crashed out a little bit and I did have regret and I did tell sorry, and I said eat the fruit. I want you to eat the fruit. I said, However, there is something too diversifying the fruit, like I really meant that part, like, don't just like because they can get fixated on like they just go and they need a variety. And then also that keeps me from having to go back to the grocery store. I want to go once a week, do you know what? And teenage boys they eat a lot, and so diversify the fruit because then that keeps everybody happy. Now get to the regret on your hair.
Speaker 4: I'm just thinking of Stevenson in therapy, like at thirty five years old, being like, one time, diversify the fruit, and now I can't eat a whole apple anymore.
Speaker 2: No, you can eat a whole apple.
Speaker 3: It'd be like if he opened up the door and ate all the apples, okay, or all the oranges because he ate all the pineapple.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great, sorry mom, Okay, what's happening with the hair?
Speaker 4: Okay, so back to about a week ago. I got so I told you this. I was like, I want to shave my head because my hair. I was just having those over stimulated moments where like my hair was so long. It was like it didn't really do anything because it was so long in all the same length and like you know when your hair gets so long, it's caught in your armpit and stuff, you know, itching, Yes.
Speaker 2: Because I had these flyaways.
Speaker 4: I don't know how, but I got like a chunk of hair cut in the front of my head. You can't see this anybody that's listening, but there was a small probably thirty strands of hair got like cut like that. I don't know how, so they would like tickle my forehead.
Speaker 3: Which I know you just said you can't see this. So I wanted to remind people we are on YouTube except for not this episode. We're not filming today, just circumstances because of all I'm talking about right now, Cat didn't want a film because of her hair. Just kidding, just kidding. We don't have our whole crew here, so it just got nice. So you know, I know that some of you that do watch us on YouTube. You might be like, wait a second, what happened?
Speaker 2: But if you haven't.
Speaker 3: Subscribed over on YouTube, you can because we are growing over there, which is so fun to see because most of our loyal people listen via podcast when they're out and about. But YouTube, shut up, plug okay, keep going.
Speaker 2: Hair Okay, So my hair was like tickling me. So that's what I was. I felt was like there's like bugs crawling on my head. That's what it felt like. But I think it was just like over stimulation.
Speaker 4: And if I think about it, I had a lot going on, so I probably was just overwhelmed and I was taking it out on my hair.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 4: I got it cut and I probably got four inches cut off, which.
Speaker 2: Is a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a lot, and I feel like I have a bowl cut.
Speaker 2: But it's still past your shoulders. A bowl cut is way like.
Speaker 3: I know that it's your hair, so you're feeling it, but I'm telling you as an onlooker, it looks good. But I know that you've been also just trying to like take matters into your own hands now, and I mean, you just need to let it go.
Speaker 2: I did cut a couple things myself keep cutting it or maybe this is deeper because it's like too much change and not enough change at the same time. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I haven't processed it, which means I probably shouldn't be talking about it right now. But all that to say, I wish I could take two inches back on my hair.
Speaker 3: So in a couple of months, two inches will grow and that that's when it will be.
Speaker 4: But what I am doing is I stopped getting it colored. And this all goes back to if you guys listen to the Hot Girl Hamster Wheel episode where I'm like, why am I coloring my hair? My hair is actually not to toot my own horn. But I have a pretty natural hair color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's really pretty, like a really pretty brunette, and.
Speaker 4: It looks good with my skin tone. So why have I been putting blonde highlights in it. It's just like I got into this routine of doing it, and so I didn't do that. So I do feel really good about that, and I actually do really like the color.
Speaker 3: Well, so you want to know about cutting the four inches off though, that helps like get go out of that color off. So this is you just having more of your fresh hair.
Speaker 2: Also, don't know how to do my hair. That's another thing.
Speaker 4: I just don't know how to do my hair at this length anymore because it was long for so long that how I curled it before it doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Now I'm like trying to figure out the metaphor for life here, Like how oh.
Speaker 2: You keep thinking? I'll keep talking you think about a metaphor?
Speaker 4: She asked me if I wanted her to do the wave like I usually do, or for her to do the blowout look? And I said, what's the blowout look? And she said, oh, everybody's doing the blowout look? Now, why don't we try it? And she did it and I actually really liked it. And then I did it myself today and I was like, you look like a second grader and you tried to curl your own hair. I think I just need to practice.
Speaker 3: Is that the metaphor that I need to When you've start something new, be patient, hit on it until you practice.
Speaker 2: You're a beginner. I'm a beginner.
Speaker 4: Allow you're reaching so far, but I'm going to help you out. You're allowed to be a beginner with things that you've never done before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Like I talk about this aff styled hair this length.
Speaker 4: Well, I have it, just like in times with different hairstyles were cool because I used to always have a top knot. I would cut my hair short and just put it on top knot, and that was like my thing.
Speaker 3: So why don't you just do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I felt like I outgrew the topknot. Maybe next week I'll be wearing a topknot if I do, just don't say.
Speaker 3: Anything that top not like the missionary style hairstyles or is it bustin'.
Speaker 2: I guess we'll have to see.
Speaker 4: But I have to say this now because you reminded me of it. How a lot of adults have troubled starting new things and trying new things because when we're adults, we feel like we have to be automatically good at something. But as kids, if you look back on the things that I played soccer, I was on the year around swim team even though I couldn't dive. I did gymnastics, dance, acting classes. I tried everything and did not think twice about it because I was young and I felt like I was allowed to be a beginner and learn. But as adults, we for some reason get embarrass or feels shame when we're not automatically good at something. And so I asked my clients a lot who are in this space, what's something you would do if you only had to be like sixty percent good at it? And maybe for me that answer is I would curl my hair a new way.
Speaker 3: Or maybe it's like you don't have to be good at it's just like what would you do if you had if there wasn't this.
Speaker 2: Fear attached to it?
Speaker 3: Because that reminds me of this email I'm about to read and like us relaunching the podcast together, because I think for me, I had some fear around that. I had excitement because I knew relaunching it with you was going to be amazing, but also like I had had four things for so many years and had built that, and you had you Need Therapy podcast and we were going to be emerging something, and like what if it didn't work and then our friendship blew up crashed out because you made all want pineapple or something.
Speaker 2: I will never don't worry? Well, yeah, because that yacku're youm too? Yeah, you don't want people to eat all.
Speaker 3: The food you're looking forward to in the fridge so we got an email from a confused listener. In fact, that's the subject line. So we got an email from a confused listener. In fact, that's the subject line. In regards to our rebrand, our shift into Feeling Things, which we started discussing privately between the two of us back in August, should we rebrand the podcast and you come on full time? And then it took from August that initial conversation all the way to April. April first is when we went live with the rebrand, so that was eight months, and I would say the first few months after August were like, Okay, should we really do this? And I remember having fear around it, and then it's a lot of work. So it's almost like also, sometimes what would you do, like if you didn't have to think of it out the work you would have to put into it, because sometimes we put things off because the well, but we had to do it upfront and the now that we're on the other side of it totally worth it. Maybe because we do have this listener, this listener email, do youar Feeling Things podcast? I'm a longtime listener and fan of Four Things with Amy Brown and enjoyed the episodes with Kat. I only listen to podcasts during my evening walks with my dog, and four Things is in my go to pick. For years, I've been listening to the new Feeling Things podcast and I'm having a hard time understanding the structure and the overall goal each episode. I feel confused and I have no idea the point of each episode. I want to keep listening, However, I find myself waiting for the overall purpose. Can you all explain the structure? I do get that you all pick a feeling word at the beginning of an episode, but after that it seems to go many unknown directions. Thanks four Things listener. So okay, I get that. Yeah, because sometimes I feel confused too, and I think what for me has been beautiful about this process is stepping into the unknown and the scary at times and not really knowing. And one thing Kat and I wanted was to discuss feelings, which I think in every single episode we do that like a variety of different feelings. It may not look, you know, super quote unquote structured, like oh, we're moving on to this next feeling, but we share a lot from our lives or stories or things that we're watching feelings that we're having about everything from a TV show to a book to something that happened to us out in the wild. You know, Like recently I talked about a guy hitting on me when I was with my kids, and we've got an email coming up from another listener that's a story sort of similar that happened to her in the wild, which the story is blowing my mind now that I think about it, like they took guts for this guy.
Speaker 2: To do what he did.
Speaker 3: But we'll get to that email in a minute. But also speaking of these emails we're getting, another thing is the feeling of connection and the connection with y'all. So this email we're going to read coming up as from a listener that has interacted with us multiple times, and we don't know her, but we feel like we know her. And while not a lot of us have met in person, some of us maybe have in the past at for things, live events or something. But our hope is that you have a feeling of connection and you feel like you're listening to your friend's talk, and so that is our vibe, that is our energy, that is our structure. Now we will have the occasional deep dive which Kat delivered our first one ever about mel Robbins and the let Them theory beautifully done.
Speaker 2: Kat.
Speaker 3: People are raving about it or they're feeling having feelings about it. They're having feelings, like lots of feelings about it. And with that, I'll say we are going to continue to do more deep dives, but we also want to be clear that deep dives are not always going to be about people. They might be about topics or cults or ideas, idea other things. We're open to requests, so y'all can email us things you would like for us to deep dive on. Hey, they're at feeling things. Podcasts dot com.
Speaker 4: Could even be like a trend like, yes, deep dive on La booboos, Yeah my.
Speaker 2: Death those are yes, I know what they are, but I wouldn't be interested in that.
Speaker 4: Which I'm just saying like a trend that I want to be super interested in, although I I am a little confused by it that I'm intrigued, not intrigued like I want to buy one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if y'all don't know what laboobos are, they're like these little stuffed animals that clip on bags and they're they look like monsters so expensive they look like monsters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but my point in saying that is it could be like some kind of trend that's happening or has happened in the past.
Speaker 3: Oh that like we don't get Maybe I would be into that because it would help me understand, Yeah, help me understand why people are adults are putting these.
Speaker 4: If firebags just happened, we could do a deep dive on firefest, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like things that happen in pop culture.
Speaker 3: There will be you know, but the point I think off shoots like that, and then there's also going to be series like We've got The Four Horsemen coming up, which I want you to touch on. Again, Cat's a therapist and this is a mental health minded podcast, I think is how we branded it so it can lean therapy at times. And also again we really our main goal is Cat and I chatting, and you all feel like you're sitting with your girlfriends and you're having a talk or hey, guys, you're here too, girlfriends, boyfriends.
Speaker 4: Well, also I'll say, like, just like you're talking with your friends, Like sometimes those conversations are lighthearted and fun and silly and random, and sometimes those conversations are more vulnerable and deep, and they're about your friend telling you something that they learned or telling you something that is interesting to them. And that's what the structure is. Is that the structure is that we have a certain idea of how we interact with each other, and we allow whatever is showing up within our friendship in our lives to come here.
Speaker 2: So when we are sharing something with you, like the.
Speaker 4: Mel Robins saying, or the Four Horsemen, it's because those things have been of value to us or are interesting to us, or we've been talking about them or learning about them. So it is I think the connection piece is huge too in that well. But yeah, and the four Horsemen. If you're like, what is that? It is John Gotman, who is a very famous relationship marriage therapists. I don't know if he's a psychologist and researcher. Yeah, he's done more research on couples. I mean, he's if you want to go to if you want to be a couple's therapists, you often are doing the Gotman training. I have not done that. I am not a couple's therapists. However, his research found these four things that he uses to determine with ninety percent accuracy, which is insane, sane if a relationship will survive or end, and we're going to split because there's so much we can say about them, going to split those up into four episodes, either.
Speaker 2: Two or four. I think four. Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 4: How wait we always are like, we'll do both of those in the same episode, and then the episode's five hours long, right, No.
Speaker 3: I think that we make it one horseman per episode because we may go on tantangents. You never know, we may end up talking about dryer balls.
Speaker 4: Which is that's the structure and that's fun, where like we're not so regimented. And I'll say, for myself, I have to have a couple different podcasts that are in my rotation personally, because I like the podcast that is just random and fun and like so just out there, and then I like the podcasts that you learn from, and then I like the podcasts that are more structured. But I have to have a variety because I can't just do one of those. So we're bringing you all those things into one damn kind of So be looking forward to the four Horsemen. And again, if you do have something you're like I want to learn about this or my friends have been talking about this, let us know, Hey.
Speaker 2: Does that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and make sure you're following on Instagram at Feeling Things podcast and TikTok, because.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do something like if you live.
Speaker 3: Close to Nashville and the Nashville area coming up at the end of September, we've got an event. We're picking people to come to Top Golf with us for a charity for Foster Care, and like we're gonna have a Feeling Things team and y'all are going to be our guest so it's fun, but those that's how we can interact and give those slots away, So make sure you're following over there and we'll be doing that sort of soon, so that way in case people need to plan obviously their calendars and even come, Like I know some people were saying, oh, I would I live only a couple hours away, so I would drive, So I know some people need to plan. But community and connection, I think those two words are big for both of us. So we're looking forward to that event so that we can connect with y'all in person, but without the in person stuff, which hopefully we'll plan more of that in the future, saying that for the last few years, we haven't done it live in a while. But also life has gotten crazy at times. I think that happens to everybody where you have something on your agenda for the year and then you take a look at it later and you're like, this doesn't really make sense for me to put all this work into this right now when I have this happening in life. So I know, with Kat and I even making this switch, that we have a little bit more flexibility than we had before because now we have it. We're a team and we have a bigger team helping us. But also one of our goals is to do more in person things, So that's part of our plan and we want y'all to know that because so many of you have reached out, when is the next live or I would love to plan for it because I am I'd fly there, which is so cool to think about, and we want that for y'all. So just know we're going to be working on something because we love that stuff too. So thank you for the email. And being confused is good because then you get to ask a question, and then you get information, and then you get to decide for yourself if this is something that you want to keep listening to, and we certainly hope that you do. We love having each and every one of you here, especially our girl Karen, who has emailed and if you know, you know. But here's what Karen sent us after hearing a recent episode where I shared that a guy like gave me his business card while I was with my kids.
Speaker 2: Which someone said.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it was after they emailed or texted or I mean DMed or said it to one of us later, but like, the more shocking part was that he had a business card.
Speaker 2: Why is that shocking a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Don't carry business cards anymore, do they?
Speaker 4: You know what? It is shocking because I have business cards and I never have one when I need it.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe you should start carrying around. I shouldn't start carrying them around.
Speaker 6: Or here's what Karen wrote, right, here's what Karen wrote.
Speaker 3: Hey, Amy and Kat, thank you for making me laugh out loud today. While I was listening to Tuesday's episode, I was gardening, so the neighbors probably thought I was crazy. When I lived in Montana a gazillion years ago, I was in line at the grocery store and heard the little girl behind me say to her dad, this thing smells like armpits.
Speaker 2: I turned around to see what she was talking about. It was a.
Speaker 3: Plexiglass divider thing, and I laughed. I turned back around and proceeded to start writing out my check to pay for my groceries. Two nights later, I got a call from a guy. It was the dad, and he wanted to take me on a date. I must have sounded very confused because he said, I watched you write your phone number on your check. I was twenty five ish and dumb, so I said yes. But I told my best friend and she insisted on coming with me on the date, mainly because he was a taxidermist and she had concerns.
Speaker 2: Lol. Thankfully he was cool.
Speaker 3: With that nice guy, but I was in my bar girl era, so dating a single dad was not in alignment with my goals. Every time I remember it, though, I do you have to give him props for shooting his shot, your friend, Karen. I mean, I am blown away that he creeped on her writing her phone number down and either memorized it or wrote it down himself, because I mean, he didn't have a cell phone back then. Like he couldn't like dial it right away, so he had to like get that number, and he held it for two days and then he called her.
Speaker 2: I am trying to think of the right feeling.
Speaker 4: I want to say shocked, but I'm more like in awe in alle feels too positive.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked that she went or that he did that in multiple.
Speaker 4: Ways, that he was first of all, close enough and had good enough eyesight, Because I have to be pretty close to somebody to be able to see them writing something like that down.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, your eyesight is terrible. Stop attacking me. Oh sorry, sorry, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 4: Regardless, you have to be pretty close to see somebody writing their phone number on a check. Also, you have to be staring like he is staring. That is bold, and I am impressed by him. It sounds like he just really wanted to take this person on a date and maybe didn't want to ask in front of his child.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But what also, as I'm saying this, is that how it happened back then, Because that's wild that you would just see somebody at the grocery store and be like, oh, she's about to write a check. Oh they write first of all, she's writing a check at the grocery store. I don't think they even take checks anymore. That he's like, oh, she's about to write a check. I bet she's gonna write a phone down and they have to stare at it. That's how you did it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I Meanwhile, I met my husband on a dating map. Yeah, he wiped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, things have changed, but I mean someone could still do that now if they overhear you say your phone number or something. But I would be like, oh my gosh, that's kind of creepy.
Speaker 2: But would you think it's creepy if it was back then?
Speaker 3: I don't think the time matters. I think when someone does something bold like that, if you're attracted them, or think if there's an attraction, then it's acceptable. If you're not, then you're like they're a soccer weirdo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I agree, But I do think the extra element of it being back then that was probably more normalized than it is now. People don't even go up to you in person half the time to ask you out. They'll just like go on a dating app.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I feel like some of that is kind of coming back, though people are missing the.
Speaker 2: Same shit had it happened twice to you. Twice.
Speaker 3: No, I like, oh, well he found me through someone else. That's the same thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's pretty. He also came up and said hi to you. Oh yeah, that's right. Yeah you did. Men coming up to you're left and right must be nice. You're like, oh, I mean, it's coming back. It's happened to me six times in the past week now whatever.
Speaker 3: My current boyfriend did it to me at the grocery store, which okay, fine, and then I did Yeah, I had the business card guy the other day. That's not six times, I know, but like, oh, this is making me think of that show though, well, just going on dates with people and then that guy being a taxidermist, you know, because being scared he might murder you. That show it's been on Netflix. It's a movie for at least maybe a year or two with Anna Kendrick, Woman of the Hour, where it's based on a true story from back in the day where this woman went on a game show and she was matched with a serial killer because a serial killer went on as one of the contestants. Like the girl was getting matched with guys and I tried to start watching it the other night and I had to turn it off because it was so disturbing and I can't believe that this is real life and it actually happened.
Speaker 2: But I've never heard of that. You got to be careful out there are people. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In one of his tactics, of course, he had the game show thing, which I never even made it to the part where I saw him on the show, but leading up to it, they show how he starts.
Speaker 2: Since this very beginning. So I'm not getting anything away in case you've been.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to watching this on Netflix, but it has been up there a while and this is a real story, so maybe you even know what happened. But he's like the nicest guy, and he would take pictures as a photographer of women and it make them feel special. Like one girl, I guess he was like, Hey, let's go to this beautiful forest, like a desert, like it was in the desert in the middle of nowhere, right, but beautiful scenery. And now you're out in the middle of nowhere with this man has a camera, but you think he's a photographer and he's taking your photos and he seems gentle and kind and nice and encouraging and like, you know, like making you feel good in front of the camera and then next thing, you know, So that was his thing, and so kind of like he looked like this nice photographer guy. They'd be like, hey, oh, hold that smile. Oh you look like you're so cute right there. Hold it, hold it, hold it.
Speaker 2: And then you you kind of let your guard down.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, and then he kills you. Yeah, yes, that was his thing. I don't know how many women, but it's called Woman of the Hour. So go watch that if you want to. And if he wants something lighter but also vulgar, then you can check out Righteous Jumpstones on HBO Max.
Speaker 2: I've been talking about that, which.
Speaker 3: Kadenary Christians definitely don't watch it with like your grandparent type Christians. I don't know that my parents would have.
Speaker 2: My parents watched it.
Speaker 3: Oh, they okay, and they love it.
Speaker 2: They think it's funny. But I did. I don't know if they've seen the last season.
Speaker 4: And I did tell I warned them because they thought it was hilarious and said, if you watch the fourth season, just know.
Speaker 2: They take it a little too far. It just gets weird. Yeah, it's a little too weird, real.
Speaker 3: Weird, like there's some stuff Where'm like, Okay, could have done without seeing that, Like I don't need to see that.
Speaker 2: You don't have to say it that way. It's like that, keep making it more ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're making fun of meg megachurches and megachurch pastors and families and so somebody.
Speaker 2: It's kind of spot on.
Speaker 3: It's like four seasons and I started watching it years ago on and off, and then I was under the weather recently, I guess, like a week or two ago, and I had a lot of free time, and I watched all of it, like season three, season four, and I'm all the way.
Speaker 2: Colt are the one that got me to watch it in the first place, oh, way back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm such a huthan.
Speaker 2: So anyway, check that out.
Speaker 3: On a lighter note, because Woman of the Hour is definitely heavy.
Speaker 2: I have a question.
Speaker 3: Not to change the subject, no, fine, I'd rather stop talking about Well.
Speaker 2: I'm bringing it back to the email which from Karen. Yes, we laughed out loud when we read this email. It really entertained me. Would you or have you ever gone on a date with.
Speaker 4: A friend like they're going on a date and you just are like, I'm gonna come with you because I don't for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been the third wheel on like a first date, on a first date? No, I have had people.
Speaker 3: At my house for my first date when I'm getting picked up, like okay, my friends.
Speaker 2: Like be here, but not go on the date, but like be here for the pick up. Also, I wonder if it's different. Now, that's a good idea.
Speaker 4: It's also wait a second, Well, I guess you're dating people that you know through somebody, because if you're just letting a stranger pick you up on a first date, that's wild.
Speaker 3: Well I did let my current boyfriend pick me up at my house for the first date because we have mutual friends. Yeah, that's the only reason.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, so your first interaction with him is like a thirty minute car ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I mean he picked me up, came to my door, came in and met me, met cry okat was here?
Speaker 2: Were you so nervous? I don't remember this, but then I do it.
Speaker 3: I think I was a little nervous. But remember I was just coming off of the whole lunch with Leslie debacle, oh with the other guy. So I was like, yeah, I was in. My therapist was like, you need to adult date. So I'm like, he look here, I am. I'm out here adult dating. Look at me in a thirty minute car ride to a restaurant. Plus, I was really excited about the restaurant we were going to because I hadn't been there yet and I'd wanted to go, so was worth a thirty minute drive. And he wasn't that awkward And I thought it was his car. I didn't know the car we were in. Come to find out later though, is his dead wife's car.
Speaker 2: He didn't even bring his car.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, so this is your wife's car that passed away. I shouldn't have stood it that.
Speaker 2: Way, dead wife's car, but like that's in my brain.
Speaker 3: I'm like, wait, this is your This isn't even your car, Like you're driving the car that she drove.
Speaker 2: I wonder if I've wanted her with him to support I think this is far away gets a better gas mileage. Oh it's not that deep.
Speaker 4: Well, I was gonna say, I wonder if now, because because we can share locations with people on our phone, people don't feel the need to like go on the date like back then. I don't know how many years ago this was, but back then, like oh well when there.
Speaker 3: Was an hour, no Karen's oh Karen, this was twenty five years ago, so.
Speaker 4: Okay, So like you couldn't know where your friend was if they were going on a date with a stranger.
Speaker 2: So you're like, I'll go with you.
Speaker 4: But now it's just would you share your location with me so I can just know if you're a kid? Exactly, Yes, So it's not that right now that would be a little bit more weird because we don't have to do that, But back then it was probably actually like pretty smart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're gonna go out with some random guy that's calling you from the grocery store that stalked your number. Yes, that's a good friend. I hope you're still friends with that person. But if you're not, we we sect that because things things happen, and Kat and I hope to be friends for a long time now. Yeah, but working together has its challenges. However, we do love our sib don't take that personally. It's just when you work closely with somebody. Yeah, right, when I said that, you but I don't mean that, I just mean I think we have good systems in play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was kind of joking. I don't want you to secure. Good.
Speaker 3: Well, we love that you're here, even if you're confused or you're totally clear on what's happening, confused or clear. We're here for the connection and community.
Speaker 2: C C c CC clear, confused, connection and community. That's us. Come as you are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, okay, follow us on Instagram, TikTok, Feeling Things podcast. Like I said, YouTube, mean where every guys work.
Speaker 2: We're everywhere. You can't escape us.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Well, we hope you're having the day the day you need to have.
Speaker 2: How hard on that b