Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Messer along with Tim Stanebeck. Let's get to some stocks on the move. Nor Melnda is in the house joining us with some of the names on the moves. She of course following the markets over at the Bloomberg TV side, but she also like joins everybody whenever we want her to.
Speaker 4: What she wants us to.
Speaker 3: Good to have you here. What are you watching?
Speaker 4: So talking about some stocks that have been flipping around. I'm looking at shares of Apple to your AAPL.
Speaker 1: This is what I was talking about.
Speaker 4: An earlier decliner.
Speaker 1: This was my first decliner. But now I'm going to have to change it. Now you have to tail it.
Speaker 3: I am not making it a gainer.
Speaker 4: It's only one, I know, but still earlier down as much as two point four percent. Now we're seeing the stock up as around zero point two percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, that's it's a little bit of a swing almost yeah, not quite three percent, right.
Speaker 4: Right, So interesting action that we're seeing here in the trade. But earlier what we were really looking at is the fact that the company reported its largest first quarter sales growth in over four years. So you saw the strict really trying to digest what this means against the fact that the company was warning that rising component cost could potentially squeeze margins. So that's what you were really seeing the stock moving towards the downside. In particular the company so that it expects more of an impact to gross margins due to rising memory prices. So that's what you saw a lot of people zeroing in on earlier. But I mean, of course we are seeing this sales growth, so maybe that's what's kind of tilting people to the upside as we are sitting here in the afternoon seeing it trying to inch closer into the green right now, As you were saying.
Speaker 3: Carol, are you gonna hold on to it?
Speaker 4: What are we doing? Is it going to stay as a decliner?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: It all depends on what Apple does by the end of the day. But Kayla Cork is also a big decliner today, so we'll check that one out. Actually related to Apple today is your next stock that's that's moving today, absolutely, And that's certainly what you had to say about Memory prices going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sand Disk shares are on a tear, obsessed with I'm just looking at the action here insane. I mean, the stock is hitting a record high. This is ticker SNDK. We did see a pairings of its gains, but earlier surge as much as twenty five percent. Now take a look at a Ureter date base of the S and P five hundred and you'll see that this is a stock that is a number one best performing stock by a percentage basis in the S and P five hundred. It's holding on to that number one slot here. But we saw that revenue and the outlook beat expectations here for the stock. But the stock also serves more than sixteen hundred percent. That's one six zero zero percent since at iPod last year. So it's really been on a tear and we're certainly seeing the stock really Wall Street rally behind it, seeing a lot of optimism.
Speaker 3: Like these are the companies that you don't you know, weren't initially the ones we were talking about in terms of AI connections and so forth. But it's definitely this one Western Digital we've really seen to move to the side. This is an interesting one go.
Speaker 4: To Risin for Verizon ticker VZ. Now this sock. It did see its biggest gain in mobile phone subscribers since twenty nineteen. I'm looking at the action right now. Shares up about eleven percent as we speak. The company said that it's planning a buyback of as much as twenty five billion dollars in shares. So the stock earlier surging for its best day since two thousand and eight, shares rising as much as twelve percent on the day. This is the second best performing stock in the S and P five hundred. So Street clearly liken US news.
Speaker 2: The stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.