Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and and He Armstrong and.
Speaker 1: Live. That's a bad start. Has anybody hurt?
Speaker 2: Live?
Speaker 1: Maybe I better take it down and Octavity live there we go. Oh, I like that. It's kind of a sexy approach.
Speaker 2: And I think he has tuberculosis sort of way right exactly live from a dimly lit room, deeply something about the bowels of the Armstrong and getting communications compound and a kick off a Monday, brand new week outside of you that.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh man, what's gonna happen this week? Today?
Speaker 2: We're under the tutelage of our general manager Rory McElroy. You're a Master's champion. That's a golf match. That is a golf tournament. We call them tournaments. Yes, indeed, it is the golf tournament. It is the pre eminent tournament. Is my super Bowl, as I often say.
Speaker 1: And that's where you were Friday?
Speaker 2: I was, indeed, Yeah, he abandoned the show during this tariff turmoil. Oh my god. Yeah, when I was needed the most, that's correct, Yes, yes, indeed.
Speaker 1: And it was an exciting victory.
Speaker 2: Jack, the plucky little Irishman, after eleven years the struggle, finally completed the career Grand Slam, winning all four majors. He tried to lose it as hard as he could, totally cow was chaotic.
Speaker 1: It was a rodeo ride.
Speaker 2: Here's the only thing I know about the Master's Golf tournament. As I saw a headliner and I clicked on it, a guy who four putted the other day and was doing really well too, and he four putted and that I had to watch that, just because, you know, as a man who's failed at so many things in his life, for some reason, I enjoy.
Speaker 1: Watching other people fail. Makes me feel better. Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was reading Jason Gay in the Wall Street Journal's account of mister McElroy's winning he and he pointed out that and this is the game of golf. He hit shots that nobody on the planet can hit. And he missed putts that you would yell at yourself if you missed them playing mini golf. It was just a humbling game.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so much.
Speaker 2: Going on, Oh y'all doing I think I just have allergies. I don't think I have a disease.
Speaker 1: Of any kin.
Speaker 2: Allergies are horrible where I live, but from what I understand, they're horrible across the country.
Speaker 1: Is is there some new plant out or something like that?
Speaker 2: My wife, who accompanied me to a beautiful Augusta National Golf Club in Augusta, Georgia, was.
Speaker 1: Sneezing like me.
Speaker 2: Snidphrase should include afterwards, because we're better than you, I think? Or is that just? Is that just assumed when there should be bird chirps and theme music as well? When I say that Augusta National, I was at Augusta for the master's pause because I'm better than you. I wee jack, who are actually better than you?
Speaker 3: Know?
Speaker 2: To leave that unsaid? And if you were better than you, you would know that.
Speaker 1: There's the birds again.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So, oh my god, you're sneezing like a fiend, and there you are. You're like, you're twelve feet away from a guy desperately trying to sink a puttler to like save his career or fulfill his dreams. And if some lady goes, I mean right in the middle, that would be highly unfortunate.
Speaker 1: So, yes, you had a tissue pressed to her face.
Speaker 2: A great They're just sneezing like a fiend all across the country. But why are there more states with a higher level of bad allergies than normal?
Speaker 1: Don't please, don't say climate change, but Jack, the hends are as climate change, the warming planet. You have stolen my dreams. It made me sneeze.
Speaker 2: Is there just a new plant or something out that's just weird? My my windpipe is so tiny it feels like it's just squeezed tight, and that there's barely any air I can get it.
Speaker 1: Now, that's gracious, that's not good. No, it's not.
Speaker 2: My kids are the same way. It's just incredible. Anyway, that's Is.
Speaker 1: There a new plant?
Speaker 2: Do you suspect Chinese agents, possibly masquerading as a college students, have snuck into the country and like planted some new horrendous allergen plant.
Speaker 1: That'd be a clever attack.
Speaker 2: Oh, something that like in China or someplace that is a nonalogy and they're all used to it because it's been there for a thousands of years. But kind of like bringing smallpox to the Indians from Europe, you know that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: Well, they did it with a freaking bat virus. Excellent point.
Speaker 2: So some sort of new daffodill on the scene. It would certainly not be beyond the evil of the Chinese.
Speaker 1: Did you see Zelensky on sixty minutes last night? Saw some of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, boy, I'm afraid he probably did his cause some harm on sixty minutes last night.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Trump was very angry at sixty minutes and put out a long blast about the last two weeks of sixty Minutes being so a biased in their news, which they have been like we've We've been talking about it the last couple of Mondays. It's been pretty over the top ridiculous. But he didn't mention any this stuff. Zelensky said, So I was happy as but you know, Zelensky basically said the idea that we started the wars insane. How could anybody think that I'm not going to go along with the rewriting of history.
Speaker 1: He basically said that JD.
Speaker 2: Vince is repeating Russian talking points to him in the Oval Office and also invited to Trump to come to Ukraine to see for himself what's going on. And they also featured some of the horrifying attacks for Marcia that have happened in like the last two weeks I mean just extra bad, including the attacking the school, which we talked about I think maybe on Friday, where they bombed the school and killed nine little kids, and just you know, when when Israel does that, even if they didn't actually do it, oftentimes the news story isn't even accurate that you know, a school or hospital has been attacked.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's worldwide condemnation.
Speaker 2: But Russia's attacking schools and hospitals regularly, and you know they Ukraine started it. Which is a crazy, crazy notion whose son is a monster, an absolute monster? And who is the hottest new get on the alt right or new right or woke rite whatever. Podcast scene Alexander Dugan, Who's the guy who was dubbed Putin's Brain. He's that far right wing extremist thinker dude who shaped Putin's thinking. Uh, he's He was Tucker's guest, and Tucker really was down with his thinking.
Speaker 1: Oh, Hanson's crazy.
Speaker 2: The clip I'd like from sixty Minutes just popped into my head was when Scott Pelly asked him about do you hate Vladimir Putin? And that was that was an interesting exchange, especially you know, I don't want to get off on the Trump Zelensky thing, so I won't. But I also heard driving in and I need to figure out who was some euro voice sounding person from some country. But anyway, saying Trump is mocking I mean, uh, Putin is mocking Trump and his ceasefire plan.
Speaker 1: And I hope that Trump picks up on that.
Speaker 2: He's being mocked for the idea that this is a ceasefire but going out of his way to attack schools and hospitals, and I mean with some of the most indiscriminate bombing civilians that have happened in the entire war.
Speaker 1: So certainly has that feel. Yeah, how do you let that happen?
Speaker 2: I mean, she's a dynamic that I haven't really thought about, but yeah, you're right. You would think Trump, for all of his pridefulness and tough guy you know persona, would not.
Speaker 1: Be having that, right. Yeah. So it's kind of busy on other fronts, I guess. Yeah, the whole tariff thing, which we suppose watch. I heard about that while I was at the golf tournament. That sounds crazy.
Speaker 2: Main highlight over the weekend was the It's funny because I just happened to see two headlines back to back Financial Times had a iPhones will cost thirty five hundred dollars, and then like two seconds later, ding New York Times headline was Trump says iPhones are exempt from tariffs and other smartphones and stuff like that. So the those kinds of products are exempt from the tariffs.
Speaker 1: Except they're not. No, Yeah, I don't know. Oh, very temporarily, very very very temporarily.
Speaker 2: According to one of the fellows making this delut neck or peasant, I don't know, somebody I.
Speaker 1: Don't know this update, Well, we'll have to get that for you.
Speaker 2: Let's start to show officially before we get in trouble, and you know, I might die at any moment. So uh, I'm Jack Arby fist, I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this. It is Monday, April fourteenth, year, twenty twenty five. We are armstrong in getting we approve of this program. Oh one day short of tax day. Oh my god. All right, let's beak at officially then, according to FCC rules and regulations, so much to talk about.
Speaker 1: Let's do it at mark. Hi, I'm Katy Perry. Let's go to space. I'm looking up at that or opening clipped. I'm looking up. I'm looking up at CBS.
Speaker 2: They're going with making space history because Gail King's going into space, so and when is that happening?
Speaker 1: That's space history?
Speaker 2: Well, I guess she hasn't been in space prior to the present, so.
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 2: But I history making flight, I thought with all I was hearing about, this is the Jeff Bezos sending chicks to space thing that I'm pretty pretty sure his fiance made him do.
Speaker 1: It's Katy Perry. Why would I send Katy Perry to pace? SE's my favorite? Jeff? Right? Baby? All right, Katy Perry? Is that good? And send Gail King? Because I love the Today Show.
Speaker 2: CBS this morning doesn't make any difference. Nobody watches them. There was a new thing about their ratings the other day have fallen under two million people. Those shows get very very low ratings. I mean, that's it's it's only us old people, And this is a shot at us. It's us, like Joe and I and people in the industry. It's only us old people. And that's like anybody over forty five, really who don't pays attention to the Today Show sixty minutes any cable news show, and that stuff.
Speaker 1: That stuff has no relevance anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, I would be more than delighted to get with the hip youngsters and start ignoring them. They're stupid and terrible. So yeah, they just they anyway, So they might shoot Gail spring King into space.
Speaker 1: And liber there because the rating home.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you think it's a flop by the CBS management working with Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 1: I bet we hear about some sort of big merger or something this week. I think it's a week from now. Can you look that up? Katie?
Speaker 2: When do they actually send Katie space? Katy Perry, Gail King? And who's the other woman going into space? It Pino the soccer player girl or whoever? Yes, Katie, it's it's today. Oh, it's today, historic day. And take a look at the rocket. Just I sent you guys the picture. It's a little phallic all rockets, No, this one kind of goes a little step further. I think, oh my wow, that is I see your point. That looks exactly like America is a favorite to vibrator. According to the New York Times, it looks like, yeah, a pleasurement device. Yes, and they're sending women into space. That's kind of funny. You gotta admit there'll be lots of jokes around that.
Speaker 1: There will be many.
Speaker 2: By the way, Hey Katie, as long as you're on your mic, how do you like my Master's hoodie?
Speaker 1: You like that? I like it and I like the color. It's good. It's a good shade. Thank you. I think it's flattering. It's a lightish green. What do they charge you for that?
Speaker 2: I went nuts in the swag shop, Jack. I'd like to blame Judy, but it was mostly me. I mean, I didn't go completely nuts. It's not like I'm wearing a Master's T shirt under my hoodie. Oh whoops?
Speaker 1: Ye for the love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I bought master socks, but I'm not wearing them right now.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, did you get shot glasses? I did not, and doesn't really do shots as a grown man. And does it say on the back of your hoodie and T shirt because I'm better than you? No?
Speaker 1: Again, that's understood, doesn't need to be said. We've got Katis.
Speaker 2: The logo got Katie's headlines all the way text line four one KFTC.
Speaker 1: Probably hour two. Well play you.
Speaker 2: Some clips from Bill Mahers show Friday Night, which he talks about his dinner with Donald Trump and said some really nice things about Trump, basically saying he's a way more normal guy than you think he is than he shows on TV, way more self aware, way more will listen to what you have to say. So it's a yeah, I'm sure his audience hated that, but we'll get to that idea. I don't think it's an accident that Trump is a big has a lot of fans among the wrestling crowd, the ww crowd whatever they call themselves these days, in that you have people with these big, giant outside personas, they're performers, and Trump the private guy is very different than his persona according to like everybody spends time with them. So anyway, so much talk about Let's figure out who's reporting what it's Lead's story with Katie Green.
Speaker 1: Katie starting with ABC News.
Speaker 4: White House physician says President Trump remains in excellent health.
Speaker 1: Man. What is he six six three two twenty or something like that. I got the numbers.
Speaker 2: He lost weight from last I'm around, but he's a large man. As we were reminded during the Biden years, these exams and announcements are completely meaningless because the White Householdings releases what it wants.
Speaker 4: To so whos From CNN, Trump administration says Russia's deadly strikes on Ukraine cross quote any line of decency.
Speaker 1: Well good, I didn't hear that.
Speaker 2: I'm glad they said that, because, well, for one thing, it's true.
Speaker 1: It's very true.
Speaker 4: This one from Katie Grimes at the cow Globe, as Trump chalks up big wins for the American people. Democrats hail Bernie Sanders as quote fresh.
Speaker 1: Bernie was in our neighborhood over the weekend.
Speaker 2: We got some clips of the oligarch tour, and also a hilarious montage I came across over the weekend of him claiming we're now living in an oligarchy. Every year since nineteen ninety two he has said that, Wow, oh hey, it's his free bird. I mean, you gotta send the folks home happy.
Speaker 4: From New York Post, gop seditor proposes bill to claw back forty six million dollars owed in taxes by IRS workers. From the New York Times. Blue Origin flight will take six women, including Gail King and Katy Perry, to space, and.
Speaker 2: Jeff Bezos's old lady is one of them.
Speaker 1: She designed the sexy little space outsuits. I was just wondering that.
Speaker 2: I thought she told Jeff Bezos, if I'm wearing a space outfit, I better look hot in it, because it's like it's like very very fashionable, makes them look super hot.
Speaker 1: Well, aren't.
Speaker 2: Roughly twenty percent of women aspiring fashion designers, including Horbly Bezos is squeeze probably, and so she wants to introduce her style onto the scene.
Speaker 1: Now. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I want to get this on because a friend of mine who hates Katy Perry sent this. I don't know why you hate Katy Perry like this, but they hate Katy Perry twenty five minutes until John Mayer and I get a world without Katy Perry for a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Let's got of space, all right, stay there.
Speaker 2: Any chance we can blast the hens from the view into space, I'd pay for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, this one is a very strange story.
Speaker 4: USA Today, FBI says team killed parents in Wisconsin as part of a plot to assassinate Trump.
Speaker 2: I saw that crazy completely fruit loops from NBC.
Speaker 4: Woman admits trying to sell human toes regurgitated by dogs.
Speaker 2: That's a difficult supply chain to maintain, that's the tough part of that business.
Speaker 1: That's a very specific interest, right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And finally the Babylon Bee China trade war update. Trump classifies Panda Express as domestic terror organization.
Speaker 1: It has been on my stomach before.
Speaker 2: I mean, what do you have like a cabala pitbulls you send forth that you off people's toes and then you drag them back and then monitor their poopins or what I mean? I get your supply chain going. I will dig into that story and have more later that please do. It seems like an Armstrong and Getty story. And we've got some news of the day. I hope you can stick around if you miss a segment, get the podcast.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Geddy thinking. The extracts right now.
Speaker 4: To a standing okay, share the forty seventh Presidents of the United.
Speaker 1: States, South America White by us CEOK but.
Speaker 2: White and others.
Speaker 3: Don Jay, Is there anybody else that no, isn't a fighter? Why some music kid walk star here?
Speaker 1: You always get to walk out? Give it the walk out, peeple love it.
Speaker 2: Speaking of understanding performative everything, there's Donald Trump walking into a big UFC match the other night, the crowd going absolutely burst orcan Kid Rocks there and Joe Rogan's announcing and all the sort of stuff that everyone in the lift absolutely hates about Trump, and I kind of enjoy that part of it. What Kid rock song is it? That's his walk up?
Speaker 1: Official? I don't know, They're all pretty good. It is official. We do have chicks in space.
Speaker 2: The Blue Origin rocket has blasted off just a few minutes ago. I see on the television every networks in an Fox, CBS, obviously in ABC all I'll have it live.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hate, I have hated forever.
Speaker 2: I started complaining about it before I heard anybody complaining about it. Performative space stuff where it's the first, you know, African American, gay one legged person to.
Speaker 1: Blast and mates all this stuff. It's a historic day.
Speaker 2: Jad I've hated this since they started it, and I think it's what killed the space program because most people don't give a crap about that. They care about reaching places we never reached before. Or you do some sort of scientific experiment that's novel, but the first this or that human nobody freaking cares.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: But this one is rocket is shaped like a device that reaches places and nobody's reached before. If you hear me, oh, the first all female crew, how did they end up with a rocket?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: All I realize now Katie brought this up and said, to a rocket's phallic. Okay, no, kidd in, all rockets are phallic. And I only know this from reading like New York Times articles because I don't, as a dude, own any female pleasuring devices. But I know from the New York Times that is shaped exactly like by far the number one female pleasure and device on Earth because they review it all the time. You can't be a coincidence that the rocket's shaped exactly like that. You know, I kind of consider myself the number one female pleasure and device on Earth.
Speaker 1: Jack, that's the worst thing you have ever said.
Speaker 2: It really is that things that things number two at best.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is the worst thing you have ever said.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, anyway, So the very wand like rocket is making its way through space.
Speaker 1: Let's hear the lift off right here. Lifts cleared the tower. It's about the thread lab. So they're gonna be pulling three genes as they rocket up to space. It's about an eleven minute trip in total. Four minutes of it will be weightless. Do you even know where?
Speaker 2: As you know, we've seen this before with various celebrities slow down climbing.
Speaker 1: Why why are we paying attention to this? I don't care if King is the space Okay, I don't care. How about Katy Perry? Do you care the m Katy Perry, let's got a spad.
Speaker 2: I just sent you all a picture to your text line that is the most popular vibrating device for women that is sold in America.
Speaker 1: Tell me that rocket ship doesn't look exactly freaking like that.
Speaker 2: No, they just they just put boosters at the bottom of that.
Speaker 1: Vibrator and is the same thing that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: That has to be Jeff Bezos is trying to get on and in on the Elon Musk, making subtle jokes, childish thing. I think it's what's happening there. Okay, all right, we're in a trade war with China. All right, we got to be serious. Give you times.
Speaker 4: You you have completely eliminated yourself from taking that with.
Speaker 1: What you just said a couple of seconds ago.
Speaker 2: So I'm only gonna give this a few more seconds because I think we are right about this.
Speaker 1: Is there any significance to this at all.
Speaker 2: Other than the claim of it's the first of all female space flight and who cares?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 2: Rocket Company, which is in probably second place in the race to be the pre eminent rocket company, needed a little attention, little publicity to help the investments come in.
Speaker 1: A weak way to do it? This is a week way to do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I would agree, hence my disdaining for the nakedly the commercial mission.
Speaker 1: Who freaking cares?
Speaker 4: Right along until they create the Blue Origin, which is Amazon's new sex toy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this afternoon, Katie, that's what this is all about. He's going to debut the new magic wand massage or rechargeable. This is Blue Origin on the side with maybe a picture of Katie Perry smiling. It'll take you to space, Katie, you are now in charge of all of our marketing efforts and congratulations.
Speaker 1: It will be brilliant. It will launch you into other worlds. Oh my god, that is a dumb story and we shouldn't have spent this much time on it. Well, folks, you see what I'm dealing with.
Speaker 2: The parachutes have deployed, So does that mean they're coming back down already?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: When they get out will probably be a big deal, mostly because they're gonna have to be really concerned about how their hair looks, so I don't know if they have a stylust that will run in there and fix their hair real quick before they get out. Also coming up, perhaps next hour. I found this very very interesting how the US lost its place as the world's manufacturing powerhouse. And I think all of us, you know, over the age of thirty, will remember a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 1: But it wasn't one thing it was.
Speaker 2: It was several things, all designed to make products cheaper and more efficient, more profitable. And it is this absolutely more interesting than it sounds based on my description. Wow, that seems like a hard landing. I just watched the spacecraft hit the ground. I'll be interested to hear them talk about that. I mean, it's got all the pairshiute, it's on top of it, and it's coming down on the the hard sands of Texas and it hit pretty hard.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's down already.
Speaker 2: Okay, that couldn't have been Well, it's just like when he went up, remember and he got out in the cowboy hat and ran around Jeff Bezos himself. It looks like a pretty hard landing. I don't know if they have uh if the seats are like on springs, maybe to help with the impact. But that's a pretty hard hit the ground. I hope Katy Perry was wearing supportive undergarments. Well shot can be top Gaily anatomy. Gail King's like eighty and and his his fiance is going to come out.
Speaker 1: And say that was awful and starts screaming at him.
Speaker 2: And he's told me it wouldn't hurt, and he's gonna be standing there saying yep it, yeb it, yeb it, as she continues to yell at him.
Speaker 5: I'm the world's second richest man. Yes, second richest. Yes, maybe I'll call Elon. He knows how to build rockets. Talk to me right now, do not talk to me?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but oh boy.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're kind of putting off getting into the heavy news of the day.
Speaker 1: Who can blame us?
Speaker 2: Friday, I put it off for four hours and it was awesome, good man. Uh, we do need to jump into the what trade stuff is exempt and what is actually going to be included, because that changed quite a bit over the weekend.
Speaker 1: So I don't know where that leaves us. And confused.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's where it's left virtually everybody around the world not quite figuring out what the plan is and what's happening next. So there are people out there who claim that the Trump crowd is just flailing and just like making it up as they go, seated the pants, winging it.
Speaker 1: And then there are people who claim, including Trump.
Speaker 2: That it is a plan, like she didn't look like a plan over the weekend when it was hit China with the strong tariffs. Then Saturday announce but not not iPhones and other electronics.
Speaker 1: You really, really like you're slumnecker.
Speaker 2: Somebody came out and said, no, no, no, no, no, no, they're not exempt, not really just for a minute, just for a minute. Yeah, it seems made up. As they go to me, I stand ready to be convinced otherwise. No Trump derangement syndrome here. I just I don't get it. So I suppose it's one thing reacting to the bond market. It's another thing reacting to like you just to have a bunch of cable news shows on and if people go start talking about the iPhone, then all of a sudden you announce iPhones are exempt. I mean is that how we're doing it? Or Tim Cook calls a White House and says, you realize the United States is the tech leader of the universe, and if you h damage us this severely, we won't be anymore. Why are they going to have internal polling? And all of a sudden they put a poll in in front of them. It says, we just did pulling on the iPhone. If the iPhone goes to three thousand dollars, ninety five percent of people say they're going to hate you or something like that. I wonder, And there's no way to run a railroad. I mean, I just don't quite understand how this is going to work out. Yeah, me too, I'm I'm troubled by all of this partly, and various thinkers have written on this, and I'll quote them later perhaps, but there are a lot of our friends around the world who are thinking, you know, you know how we always go along with the US and if they ask us for help, we always say yes. And you know, we've got this close relationship. I remember, we ought to rethink that. I mean, China's making us some good offers.
Speaker 1: H's and that's that's just not good. No, I hope that's not true.
Speaker 2: They are restructuring trade relationships. Great love it. So it's possible, I'm sorry, it's possible to do the right thing in the wrong way.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm a little concerned about.
Speaker 2: So those of us who are listening to this live the space capsule is landed on the ground.
Speaker 1: I don't care about this story at all.
Speaker 2: That I've made very clear, and I hate the whole first this or that into space, but then they hit the ground hard and it's sitting there at the doors closed, and I'm just wondering if they're all sitting there with broken necks right now. So we'll announce when they come out of there and seem to be healthy. We've got a mail bag on the way. A lot more news of the day to get to stay tuned. ABC News is reporting stocks jumped because of the announcement that consumer electronics would be exempt from Trump's tariffs like the iPhone. Except for Trump yesterday, truth out there was no tariff exemption announced on Friday.
Speaker 1: He truthed that out yesterday. Yes, So, okay, I'm confused by that, so is everybody. Yeah, more on that next hour.
Speaker 2: Certainly many of us frustrated that tech super giants were exempt than not exempt but appear to be exempt, and small manufacturers that are the backbone of the economy were not. Who import Chinese stuff for their output like Apple, just on.
Speaker 1: A much smaller skill.
Speaker 2: Anyway, here's your freedom loving quote of the thing from Albert Camo Japp, the French philosopher and author.
Speaker 1: My dad carries around a Camu quote in his wallet. He does. How interesting Do you remember what it is?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Hmm, it's a shame.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: As you know.
Speaker 2: Camu was a moralist and leaned towards a narco syndicalism, but his views contributed to the rise of the philosophy known as absurdism. Some consider Camu's works to show him to be an existentialist, although he himself firmly rejected the term throughout his lifetime. Does anybody ever have those conversations with about us? I believe Joe Geddy to be an narco syndicalist. IM sure, I am. I went out through a Camu kick about a year ago. I guess read all this big stuff. Yeah, fantastic it.
Speaker 1: Is name looks like Camus, Camus does French.
Speaker 2: That is not the most interesting part about it. Philosophedb No. So here's what he said. The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. I love that. I enjoy KMU dry though odd it's art. You know.
Speaker 2: Here's your mail bag, drops a note. Mail bag at armstrong a geddy dot com is the email address, you know, keep it short, ashi if you can.
Speaker 1: It depends.
Speaker 2: Mail bag and armstrong yedtdy dot com. Jack Wright Sean, regarding the topic as starting daylight savings time year round, you said we should just try it. Well, we did do it in the Winner of nineteen seventy four.
Speaker 1: I was a kid.
Speaker 2: I remember walking to the school bus stop with a flashlight.
Speaker 1: It's funny.
Speaker 2: I was a kid at that point too. I don't remember that. I don't either was that regional or in one state?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I'll remember that all of us kids needed to use a flashlight where we were. There was such a huge BackFlash mainly by mothers, that it was repealed the following year and we went back to standard time in November of seventy five.
Speaker 1: But how does look into that how does Arizona pull it off every year? With everybody's fine.
Speaker 2: Piles a bodies jack terrible carnage. Paula with an interesting bunch of statistics about the bullet dodger wheeze. I'm sorry, the bullet dodging weezer wife. Oh I remember that story from the US. Still have not heard anybody nail down why she isn't dead. She squeezed off a shot at multiple lapd and kind of gets shot, and then goes in the house and hangs out with the babysitter for a while, then comes back up. That's not the way this story usually goes. If you shoot at cops, how is your day, honey? So it's really not surprising, he says. Here's the point. Handguns, especially even long guns, are extremely inaccurate, especially when discharged in stressful situations. The average person with a handgun would likely miss a bad guy me your feet away from their living room. Yes, they're highly trained military special forces or SWAT types, and they're freakishly talented Annie Oakley types. They're not your average police officer who likely never once fires this weapon his entire career in the line of duty. Lots of stories on the subject. Here's an old one from the New York Times. A hail of bullets, a heap of uncertainty. Here are the stats in twenty oh six, in cases where police officers intentionally fired a gun at a person, they discharged three hundred and sixty four bullets and hit their target one hundred and three times, for a hit rate of twenty eight percent. In twenty oh five, officers fired four hundred and seventy two times in the same circumstances, hitting the mark just eighty two times, or a seventeen and a half percent hit rate and a forty three percent accuracy rate when the target ranged from zero to six feet away. So a cop within six feet is going to hit his target or did in those ears forty three percent of the time. As we were talking about this on Friday, there are tragic stories all the time.
Speaker 1: We know of.
Speaker 2: Guy's got a cell phone in his hand and the cops think it's a gun, or you know, it's a fake gun, it's a toy.
Speaker 1: All kinds of things where people get filled full of holes.
Speaker 2: She pointed a gun at the cops for a while while they said put it down with their guns pointed her.
Speaker 1: Then squeezes off a shot at them.
Speaker 2: I don't that this story doesn't make sense to me. There's still something missing from it. By the way, I gotta update you on this because it's too much. They've opened the capsule door, the space craft has landed, Bezos's fiance comes out, her hair looking perfect. He runs up to him her with his arms open and his really tiny T shirt and giant guns because he's a workout free and hugs her and they make a big spectacle out of that, which is just nauseating. I throw up and I did even go into space. Then Katy Perry comes out of the capsule and immediately kisses the ground.
Speaker 1: Right and launches her new single You're probably right, she's got a song that's gonna drop today. You send me into space or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm Katy Perry.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is too much.
Speaker 2: And the fact that they made these outfits sexy for the hot chicks is so funny.
Speaker 1: Jay and san Diego.
Speaker 2: Writes over the weekend, I got talking with my seventeen year old daughter about school House Rock and now entertaining and educational it was, and they dug into it and rediscovered a whole series of episodes about America.
Speaker 1: I'm only a bill, et cetera.
Speaker 2: There's a whole series about the Constitution, women's suffrage, the American melting Pot, et cetera.
Speaker 1: And it's heartwarming and fun.
Speaker 2: As it was to watch few old episodes episodes online with her, it was heartbreaking to realize we could not air these on broadcast television today.
Speaker 1: Well you could, but they don't. They are not just disappointing. It's not just sad. It's tragic and borderline criminal.
Speaker 2: They aired them in my son's school and then explained what's wrong with them?
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, yeah, the public school?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, wow, what do they believe out of that? They said to the class, because this was recounted to me by my son. Yes, they did not mention slavery. They did not bring up the fact that they were slave.
Speaker 1: Holders, any of that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: So you only played the schoolhouse rock thing to point out how bad America is. We are indoctrinating our children to hate their country in government schools. Fight it, friends, fight it.
Speaker 1: It's odd, lord.
Speaker 2: So I just read the Wall Street Journal version of the back and forth over the tariffs on iPhones, for instance, completely confusing. I have no idea what's going on. We got the Bill, Maher having dinner with Trump and talking about it. We got a lot of good stuff for hour two.
Speaker 1: I hope you can be there, Armstrong and Getty