Speaker 1: Now you're made even introducing the hosts are wrestling with for.
Speaker 2: Ready Chef died hand of Fready prints soon.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, it's Thursday. It's bonus content Day, and you're lucky and so are we, because there was a cool pay per view which a lot of you got to see called Forbidden Door, the door that Vince McMahon refuses to open, but Tony Kahan leaves wide open, and I think it's pretty cool. However, I recently got rid of Direct TV and don't know how to order.
Speaker 3: The pay per views.
Speaker 1: I have now since found out you can't do Bleacher Report on an Xbox, so that didn't work for me. And my wife does all the apps on the TV because I don't know how to work technology, so I will no longer miss anymore because she has since installed it and put it up properly. But fortunately our man in the field, Jeff di flew all the way to Japan. No I didn't, but he did watch the pay per view. So I'm going to introduce these matches to the people. You're going to get him down. But this is also a Thursday where we can kind of talk about whatever we want, so any side quest that you want to go on. Jeff, I don't care if you want to talk old cars or that cool motorcycle you had with the sidecar and you just put your dog in it. That was pretty dope. With goggles, we could talk about anything. Also, guys, don't forget subscribe to PSN, the Premier Streaming Network. It's an app on your phone. You can download it, subscribe. It is the best of independent wrestling brought to you. So they have a home, so they have a place where you can watch, where you can learn about your favorite wrestlers before they were in AEW, before they were in WWE. Also, September ninth, we will announce the Premier Streaming Networks Champion. The Premier Champion. I can't. I don't think I can tell you who the two wrestlers are in it yet, but as soon as I know for sure I can, I will. But that's September ninth in New Jersey. So go there, Go to Premier Streaming Network, get the app. You can get tickets to the event if you want. And if I ain't working, I might even be there. That's not me formally announcing it. That's just me saying I might be there too. There you go, Jeff, the Forbidden Door. This is when, for those who don't know, when the American promotions take on the new Japan Pro Wrestling promotion. And this is something that ww fans had always wanted and will never never get. Although they've sent they signed Japanese wrestlers, and they've sent American wrestlers over there before, but this is on the show where you have to decide is your guy going to lose to their guy basically, and that's a lot of pride and character protection and things like that go along with it. So a lot of compromises have to be made, and then there's obviously some jobs that have to be done. Again, I wasn't able to watch this card because I'm technically stupid, but you were. And they started the match off with MJF going against and I want to get all these names right, you guys. I really respect the culture. It's just hard for me sometimes, but I'm going to do my best. Hiroshi Tamahashi, he beat him, he retains his AW World Championship.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody was surprised by that. Jeff, what did you think of the match?
Speaker 2: MGF is a star and the best. I also loved the way he build up to this. It was a delicious build up if you will, for him to just be like, it's a second rate, crappy independent league. I don't even know why we're doing this dumb paper, which is if you think about it, what they've done with the Forbidden Door. It's like when we were younger and we were like, wouldn't it be cool if they made a Mortal Kombat versus Street Fighter? Wouldn't be cool if they had like DC and Marvel fought each other, Like we had all these dreams of what would later become true. We were able to do these things and Tony Kahn. Credit to him, man, he made this cool thing happen.
Speaker 3: He isn't.
Speaker 2: It's not like necessarily WWE versus ae W, but it's something and it's fun and for like these wrestling fans who really follow all these other markets, there's a lot of dream matches. Some are saying on the internet, this was the best pay per view ever.
Speaker 3: That's that's a lot. That's a lot to say. However, that's heavy.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel like I missed something and there's no way, there's no way I missed something.
Speaker 3: That damn good.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of good stuff, and like I said, maybe not the best ever. I don't think it's the best ever, but that's what people saying on the internet.
Speaker 3: Was solid. And also people on the internet they say a.
Speaker 2: Lot of things, so whatever, but that's just I read that a lot and I was going, okays.
Speaker 3: Called me some pretty some pretty mean names over there. Yeah, that's all wrong. All that practice not.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing Tanahashi is is he's old, and but he's a legend. His reputation is as respected as as any, but he's up there in age. He's not as young and as relevant and as strong and as good as MJF is currently. But the match was good and MJF sold it outside of the ring and inside of the ring called him old, did all of his things.
Speaker 3: The match. The match was, The match was good.
Speaker 2: It held up and also MGF was hilarious and said I told him, if I was going to do it, put it first so I can get out of here.
Speaker 3: I just want to go home.
Speaker 2: I don't want to I thought that was a funny way to justify that. He was forced to do it by Tony KAHK.
Speaker 1: Next up, CM Punk defeated Satoshi Kojima in an Owen Hart tournament match, and I'll be damned if you weren't right. I thought cmpunk would be celebrated in every city that he went to and everyone would be happy. And you said, no, it's just because it's in Chicago as and granted there were cm punk chants, but every time there was one, the boo birds would come out and they would outlast the chant. The booze was shut down the chant, and I really didn't expect that. So my first question is cmpunk versus Satoshi who was the babyface and who was the heel?
Speaker 2: Uh? They both kind of took turns doing this sort of thing, so it was like, uh, also not to mention, uh, Kojima looks one hundred years old in the face like he these these these look like two old dogs.
Speaker 3: But seeam punk looked young? You think he's on ozempic something.
Speaker 2: It looks like Seampunk was surprised he was getting booed, like in a way like he was kind of like, what you're booing me?
Speaker 3: But like maybe that was the character. Maybe it wasn't. Maybe he was.
Speaker 1: I think it's the character because he did it on on collision as well, and he really leaned into it, and so kudos to him for that. I know I was critical of him last week, but the way he was like, oh, okay, I'll be a heel, I was like, yeah, hell yeah, all right, you're not. You're not being mad that they're booing. Good exactly. We'll see how long it lasts, but good.
Speaker 3: And it was fun.
Speaker 2: And also the shirt he wore out there, I don't know, talk about merch a lot. I like that shirt. I would buy and wear that shirt. Big fan of the It was the pink and black, kind of like Brett Hart colors, but had a good graphic on it.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 2: It was fun to watch him get the fifty to fifty boos, and it was fun to watch these two knuckle it out in there. I was.
Speaker 3: I was very impressed with the match, all right.
Speaker 1: Next up, Orange Cassidy defeats Ring of Honor Pure champion Katsuyori Shibata, njpw TV champion Zach Saber Junior and Daniel Garcia, who was doing this weird dance thing that I haven't seen him do until recently, and I'm not liking it. To retain the AEW International title. The squos in one freshly squosed Orange Cassidy with the victory. You know, I'm a fan of Orange Cassidy.
Speaker 2: If you don't count Kenny Omega and Osprey, this was my match of the night, match of the week.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was NonStop, It just kept going. It was very very fun, high action. I don't know, it just felt like every part of the match. You'd go, like I just popped for every single thing they did. And also, like you said, we've I mean, we continue to keep talking about it, but I feel like Orange Cassidy is slowly becoming the real deal. Like it's not just a community, it's not just a game with him, we're and like he's perfectly became.
Speaker 3: This real deal. So I liked it a lot. It was a good match.
Speaker 1: Wrestlers love working with him. I've spoken to a few different people and they all just seeing him the highest praise man, they really really did. They say he's a good dude, really giving, really generous, like just super cool. So I like him more and more each week.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Next up was Sonata with Doki. I hope I said that right, and they defeated Jungle boy Jack Perry. I'm still not liking Jungle Boy, and then I think it should just be Jack Perry. And at the end of this match, Jack Perry was very Hollywood bro. It's almost like his dad was in the business or something, and he just was total dick move not only turned his back but just destroyed and backstabbed his best friend. God, what a scumbag. That never has happened to me in this business. Three different times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he Jungle Boy is no longer Jungle Boy, just just Jack Perry at this point Jack Perry. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also he is a jerk. I really believe it. It seems like a jerk just because he's doing a good job. Now you hate it, well, No, I told you.
Speaker 2: I saw him in that wrestling cruise and he was just like, didn't talk to anyone, he didn't do anything, he didn't shake any hands. He seemed just like, I think he's gonna be a great heel because I don't know if he's introvert.
Speaker 3: You should have been a little funnier, Jeff.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't even come to the comedy shows. I think he's just maybe introverted, shy over it. Maybe he was maybe having a bad weekend. It's hard to say what happened, so sour grapes because Sonata defeats Jungle Boy, right, so he's already like kind of grumpy, but then he gets pulled out of the ring kind of walked up by hook. If anybody reads like the Sheets or Dave Meltz or any of these things, you knew they were going to turn Jungle Boy Jack Perry into a heel. So I didn't even avoid that spoiler on Twitter, but I kept wait for it during the match. I kept waiting for, like kind of a classic thing. But he went and he got to the top of the ramp. Uh, Jungle Boy just closed lines hook, the belt goes flying. He holds up the belt and then throws it down at throws it down at hook And what sold it through that belt was like you said, you like the way Jay Usso reveals on his face, Dude, the looks from the crowd. Even though the aw fans are the most dialed in wrestling fans in the world, there's no way they didn't all see this coming. But they had some great reaction shots of fans being like, what look, I'm shocked, And then a lot of fans that were like laughing because they like they like Jack Perry even though he just turned and then they shoot to Taz and Taz takes off his glasses and just completely sells it like what just happened?
Speaker 3: Like it was it was a perfect cell by That's awesome. I freaking love Taz by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perfect cell by task, perfect cell by the crowd. It was all great, but it was if I'm honest, nothing in the Ropes impressed me as much as the way they were able to sell that kind of moment.
Speaker 3: At the top of the top of the ramp.
Speaker 1: Well, let's skip around and get to a match that you did like between the ropes. Will Osprey defeating Kenneth Omegath to win the iwgp US title was this year Match of the Night cert Match of the Week.
Speaker 2: The Yes Osprey, I'm I'm only aware of him from like highlights that I'll watch because we're gonna talk about him on the next week. You know, I don't see a lot of his matches, But it seems like every time I'm talking about a great, great, great great match, it's it's it's with Kenny Omega. Whether Kenny Omega loses or whether Kenny Omega wins. I feel like I'm constantly talking about Kenny Omega for for the best matches. At least that's what I feel like. I think Kenny Omega is my low key wrestling man crush.
Speaker 1: This guy's so stakid you have to get more more hipped. I'm just started getting hip to him when he came back from that injury and was doing those trios matches, and I was like, I don't know why people talk shit on this guy. Dude good as fuck. I didn't understand what the hate was. But I'm not hip to all his matches except I saw one old one with him in will Osprey.
Speaker 2: Will Ospray wins, which I wasn't expecting. I think that's another reason I popped so big. It's like, what Beat's why Forbidden Doors cool? Because if you have somebody who's willing to do the job, then you get that kind of a wait what he lost? And then now the other promotion has the belt like it's it's a really cool thing, man. That's why I always hope that WW would do it, but they never will. It was fascinating, to say the least, that this lived up to the exact hype that everybody was saying it would and uh and it was awesome, very very good match. Kenny Omega my man Crush.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for Jeff Dashnter over the Week. Yay.
Speaker 2: Well, I know that this Thursday episode was all about the greatest pay per view in the world according to Twitter aew, but my hot tag of the week is about the Bloodline. It's easy to come on here and tell you what you read on the sheets and what Dave Meltzer says is gonna happen. It's also easy, maybe to predict what's gonna happen when you worked and flew and hung out with and cool with Vince McMahon Freddie. But what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna tell you what I wish would happen if I was booking this Bloodline story.
Speaker 3: You got the Ussos versus Solo Sequoia, and.
Speaker 2: You got Roman reins, and they're in there and it looks like things are gonna go down, and we build it. It takes what twenty five minutes for all of their intros by the time they get in the ring, Give them microphones, let them jot each other, say is this is what's gonna happen, the Bloodline separating like everyone thinks is gonna happen, like everyone is expecting, right, because it's a match. That's how these thing's work. You want turmoil in the Bloodline. And then someone comes in to do some micwork named Paul E.
Speaker 3: Hayman. And what do they do.
Speaker 2: The usos in stereo give them a super kick, knock Paul Hayman out. Roman Reins does a move move on Paul Hayman like gives them a gives them a super punch. They basically so Soka gives them the Samoa spike with the big thumb. They turn Paul Hayman. They put the belts on the shoulders USO's hug Roman reigns. Roman Reins holds their head like I'm sorry, buddy, I love you boys. I've been I've lost my mind, I've went crazy. They hug Sosa and guess who comes out? Guess who's music kids Rakishi as the new manager of the Bloodline, as the Bloodlines guy. They put the belts on Rakishi. They all do the crazy wise man yes, and they do the crazy dance and we uh and we don't need a main event of that, we get a pure bloodline, we get we get rid of Paulie Hayman, which you can now put with a different superstar. We already know Paul Hayman can make people incredibly better by being there.
Speaker 3: Not everyone, but damn near almost.
Speaker 2: But also, the bloodlines are so over they don't need Paul Haymon to keep doing so great. But let's use Paul Hayman put other people over the way we use MJF every three weeks to try to get some wrestler over at AW. So that's not what's gonna happen, it's what I wish would happen. And in a week where I was watching a lot of wrestlers that I'm not that familiar with because of they were there in Japan Wrestling, and then I'm not even I'm familiar with like half of the roster of AEW, I didn't have a good aw hot take. So I'm just bringing it right back to SmackDown for the hot take take of the week. Love you Freddie, Love your Federation.
Speaker 3: That's my hot tach.
Speaker 1: It's shift ass hot taarg of the week. Yeah, yeah, thanks for listening. Everybody, appreciate y'all We'll see you guys next Wednesday with a brand new episode of Wrestling with Friends.
Speaker 2: Follow us on Instagram, Wrestling with Freddy, Twitter is ww Freddie Pod. Follow us on all the socials so you can submit your questions for the Federation.
Speaker 1: This is It's been a production of Iheart'smichaeltura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.