Speaker 1: If you're tuned into Heat Check with Trista Quick.
Speaker 2: On this episode of the Heat Check my God in the NBA Playoffs, Off the rails or what the Milwaukee Bucks Alert?
Speaker 3: The Milwaukee Bucks are dead. They are dead.
Speaker 2: They've been hit in the middle of the road on a freeway in the middle of Wisconsin by some random car left in the middle of the freeway.
Speaker 3: Four dead. They are dead. Jimmy Butler was the driver of that car.
Speaker 2: Heat dispatched the favorites in the first round in five games. The Knicks also move on as well as underdogs against the Cleveland Cavaliers. We cover all the playoff news. Drop a little tea, also about the Clippers. Oh my god, a little toxicity going on? No time to wastnick drop that generic ass beat that should be Rihanna.
Speaker 3: We gotta talk Bucks heat first. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Even though the series hasn't been great, and it hasn't it hasn't been particularly high quality, high caliber basketball in spots, but the Bucks in Heat just gave us two of the most iconic games in NBA history and absolutely the most iconic ending I've ever seen for those who were asleep on the East Coast because you work in the mornings. The Bucks are Milwaukee Bucks, who I had just like a few units on to win at all at plus three point fifty, which that's down the train. They blew a sixteen point fourth quarter lead. They ended up losing in overtime to the Miami Heat in Milwaukee, which means the heater dead. The Milwaukee Bucks, excuse me, are dead. The Heat booted the betting favorites for the entire league in five fucking games.
Speaker 3: Are you serious? Did that happen?
Speaker 2: But it is not that it happened that boggle the mind. It is how it happened that boggle the mind. Okay, so let's start back at game four. So Jimmy Butler aka playoff Jimmy went into a berserk level of basketball, going off for fifty six nine and two, which is an insane stat line that is ridiculously one man gang bang slash line single handedly carrying this team where the second leading scorer was I think they scored fifteen.
Speaker 3: Points bam Adebayo, third leading scorer ten points.
Speaker 2: So it was just Jimmy all Jimmy all day outplayed the entire Bucks team. Jannis before that missed the previous games My question is, how do you play four all NBA defenders on the court at the same time.
Speaker 3: You've got Drew Holliday.
Speaker 2: Jannis Brook Lopez, all three of those guys could win Defensive Player at the year of the year at any given time. And then you've got Bobby Portos, who's also lockdown to four dudes, and you cannot stop Jimmy Butler, Jimmy Butler who's never been a particularly great jump shooter. That is not only a testament to how good Jimmy Butler is, but just how.
Speaker 3: Horrible the Bucks are. Oh my god gross.
Speaker 2: The coaching in these in this game and in these two games from Bodhaalzer has been vomit, like trash vomit. Then we go to Game five, Bucks down three to one. Hey, Bucks, it's an elimination game, heads up. If you lose one, two, three can coon. They were as a down three to one plus one thirty to win that series, meaning the world, the betting world thought there was a possibility they could win three in a row. Bucks huge fourth quarter lead, I believe at one point they were up seventeen in the fourth quarter, and then in an absolute bottle job, blew the lead in the most insane amazing way. Not only did they not have any answer for Jimmy Butler, but Budenholzer may I don't even know like some truly disheartening bizarre game ending situations. Let's break those down. So the heater down seven with four minutes left, Sposer decides to make Bam the primary ball handler in order to set up this high low action for Jimmy Butler. He then proceeds in the paint to torch the Bucks once again. Heat come roaring back, but Jimmy misses two shots in the final thirty seconds, and now Drew Holliday has the opportunity to put the Bucks up three with a half second left. He misses the first makes the second, Heat called time out. They take the ball out near half court. Got me, okay? So what does Budenholzer do? First of all, with Bam off the floor for some unknown reason, I believe he fouled out. Maybe he decides to take defensive player of the Year Lopez off the floor. Didn't have a great explanation after the game why he did that. Second, he decides to defend Jimmy Butler underneath the basket with six to four, Drew Holiday, not Giannis, not not Chris Middleton, not someone long. No, No, We'll put Drew on him.
Speaker 3: And I get it. Drew is a great defender.
Speaker 2: Then secondly, uh, Jimmy had to beg Spoe just to get the play made for Jimmy in order for the ball to go to him so that he could tip it in underneath the basket. Yeah, he tells Spoe like, listen, Drew's going to front me. I'm gonna get separation. I'm gonna tip in near the basket. So he draws up a lob to Jimmy, who then uses his physicality to get separation, catches the ball one handed.
Speaker 3: Falling to the floor, and somehow it goes in.
Speaker 2: Bud, why didn't you call a time out there when you saw what the play was gonna be. So not only was Lopez off the floor, like I don't know, you could have used a seven footer underneath the basket to defend a lob into Jimmy, but then you decide not to put Giannis on Jimmy.
Speaker 3: And when the.
Speaker 2: Bucks had a chance to see the heat's final play and they still had to time out, Bud decided not to use it. The outrage that's inside of my soul right now is to such a high level I can't even muster.
Speaker 3: Up the strength to yell anymore.
Speaker 2: It's just like a very disappointed feeling for Bud because everyone on Twitter was showing Bud and showing him doing nothing.
Speaker 3: How dumb was the decision?
Speaker 2: Well, not only were the Heat players themselves stunned by the decision, even Eric Spolstra had no idea what was going on.
Speaker 3: He's like, how do we know that?
Speaker 2: Eric Spolstro was like, Hey, what is what is this joke show doing?
Speaker 3: What is what is our man?
Speaker 2: Budenholzer saying, because Strews went on The Levatard Show today and said everyone was puzzled on the Heat bench. Let's go and listen to Max Strews.
Speaker 4: Max, were you also confused that whether or not Milwaukee had timeouts? Because there were several points in both of your most recent comebacks where a timeout is usually called and it wasn't called. And I think it kind of led to what you felt, which was just this one big hallucination.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, we were all questioning it. At the regular end of the regular time spoke can in a huddle. He was like they didn't call time out, Like what are we doing? Like, they didn't call time out and we were like, we didn't even know they had a time out. We just figured they did it the guys in the court. But yeah, we were all kind of questioning what was going on. But thankfully they didn't use it.
Speaker 3: Thankfully they didn't use it.
Speaker 2: Budenholzer right now is on heat Reddit as the savior of the Miami Heat.
Speaker 3: Even SPO's like, what are we doing? Like what is this?
Speaker 6: Aw?
Speaker 2: What is this bush league bullshit that's happening right now? And it of course gets worse. So the Heat run out to a lead in ot and the Bucks claw back. They're down too with ten seconds to go, and they have the entire length.
Speaker 3: Of the court to go.
Speaker 2: So instead of calling one of his two timeouts in his pocket to I don't know, advance the ball up to half court, he simply lets them waste time getting across the half court line, and then when his option one and his Option two are locked up, the ball ends up in our man Grayson Allen's hands, and what do you know, the team simply just runs out of time before they can even put up a shot. Is that not the most insane shit. They you went home.
Speaker 3: That's it, that's all you have left.
Speaker 6: Three to one.
Speaker 3: You are down. You don't even throw up a shot, it just expires. Ugh. The worst part they only needed a two. Team only needed a two.
Speaker 2: They could have just planned a play up for Drew or Chris or even if he didn't want the ball in Giannis's hands because he can't shoot free throws.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: You had Bam, Kevin Love, and Kyle Lowry all had fouled out. You can't even plan a play for two fucking points when you have a bunch of undrafted guys out there, and Jimmy Butler. Jimmy Butler is an incredible player. He was out there on the floor to end overtime with four undrafted players that should be barbecue chicken.
Speaker 3: That should be barbecue chicken.
Speaker 2: Let that sink in game over, season over, could not get a shot up. Budenolzer's career maybe over. Meanwhile, her Nick Nurse is on Zillo right now looking up some homes in Fox Points. See how much it'll cost for him to move in at short notice. I promise you dog, if that Nick Nurse, there's no chance that would happen.
Speaker 3: His x's and.
Speaker 2: O's skills are far surpassing our man, Bud.
Speaker 3: That would that would never happen.
Speaker 2: Now, maybe all everybody on the team would hate Nick Nurse because it seems like he's been calling them out in the media to the point where things have gotten a little toxic. But I tell you what, at the end of a game, he's calling up the right play. Never would I ever see Nick Nurse eat three timeouts, just keep them in his pocket and lose in an elimination game at home. There's a reason you don't see memes of Nick Nurse with hands in his pockets.
Speaker 3: Friend of show Keith Smith said, Buck's done. Unreal.
Speaker 2: Giannis Middleton holiday on the floor, ball is in Grace and Allen's hands.
Speaker 3: He doesn't even get a shot off.
Speaker 2: Bucks left a timeout on the board at the end of regulation and two timeouts on the board at overtime. Just unconscionable. The word, the proper word, is unconscionable. So they asked Bud, what's up?
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 7: Uh, they had five small guys, you know, so you know down to you know you can you can go for the win with three or you know, they obviously got to play at the rim, but uh, you know they had five guards or wings, and uh so we matched that.
Speaker 8: I believe you had a time out with half a second left and you didn't call it. Was the thought process.
Speaker 7: There, Yeah, we need to call the time out there.
Speaker 8: And then in overtime. I know you like to play without calling the timeout. Was there any part of that possession where you thought, maybe we're not getting something, we need to take a time out.
Speaker 7: No, you know, Uh, Janice attacked, Giannics got the ball to Chris, Chris attacked. You know, that's how we always play. It's been very good for us, and you know we weren't able to convert it tonight.
Speaker 3: That is so bad.
Speaker 2: That is so so bad. I think Bud knows he fucked up. He's like, yep, gotta call a time out there. I think he sees the writing on the wall. This kid on Twitter, I don't know how to pronounce his name, he said Budenholzer was chilling on the sidelines, like, Damn, this game is good as hell.
Speaker 3: Damn, this is a good ass game.
Speaker 2: Dog, Like you're supposed to be doing something, Bud, You're a part of this deal. Miami Heat read It posted a Mike Budenholzer appreciation post today said we couldn't have won this without your masterclass yesterday, Budenholzer.
Speaker 3: So now we're left in Miami.
Speaker 2: We're left to figure out what's happening now that the season is done. In Milwaukee, there is no way that they should be sitting at home, no way that they should lose to a play in team.
Speaker 3: There's a playing team.
Speaker 2: Number one seed loses to a team that was down fifteen points to the Chicago Bulls, and probably we're going to go home, night night, sleep mask.
Speaker 3: In the playing tournament, they had already lost.
Speaker 6: To Tray Young and the ELMA.
Speaker 2: Since we're speaking about postgame pressers, let's talk about this Yannis clip that's gone viral. You've probably seen it. If you're not living under a rock, I have thoughts. A reporter asked if this season was a failure to Jannis, check out this bullshit.
Speaker 8: I just asked the exact same question, but I'm curious for you. Do you view this season as a failure?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Okay, because I'm not that up. You asked me the same question last year. Eric, Okay, Uh, do you get do you get the promotion every year on your job?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Right, so every year you work it's a failure, yes or no. No, Every every year you work, you work towards something, towards a goal, right, which is to get a promotion, to be able, to take care of your family, to be able, I don't know, provide the house for them, or take care of your parents. You work towards a goal. It's not a failure. It steps to success, you know. And if you've never I don't know, I don't want. I don't make the personal.
Speaker 3: So he was a hold up. I just realized he was about to say to the.
Speaker 2: Reporter, if you've never accomplished anything good in your entire fucking life, you won't know what that means. He almost said that, that's what he was about to say, and then he was like, hold on, let me not make that personal.
Speaker 1: There's always steps to it, you know. Michael Jordan played fifteen years, one six championship, the other nine years was a failure. That's what you're telling me. I'm asking you a question, yes or no? Okay, exactly, So why you ask me that question. It's a wrong question. There's no failure in sports. You know, there's good days, bad days. Some days you were able to be successful so that you're not Some days it's your turn, some days not your turn. And that's what sports about. You don't always win. Some other other people's gonna win, and this year somebody else is gonna win. Similar as that we're gonna come back next year. Try to be better, try to build good habits, try to play better, not have ten days stretch with playing bad basketball, you know, and hopefully we can win a championship. So fifty years from nineteen seventy one in twenty twenty one that we didn't win a championship, it was fifty years of failures.
Speaker 6: No, it was not.
Speaker 1: It was steps to it, you know, and we were able to win one. Hopefully we're give in another one.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: I sorry that I didn't want to make it personal because you asked me the same question last year, and last year I was in the right mind space to answer the question back.
Speaker 3: So everybody was slobbing on your honest is not over this.
Speaker 2: They thought it was like the most insight philosophical comment that any athlete has made after losing the first round. That's this is insane. This is this is a team. Can we just back it up here. This is a team that was the number one overall seed that lost to an eight seed that had to scrap and caw just to get into the playoffs, and you lost to them in five games, giving up double digit leads in games four and five. That's not a failure of a season to you, folks.
Speaker 3: This is exactly what if.
Speaker 2: This isn't shoots in ladders, fam like, this is pro sports. There are billions of dollars on the line. That is a failure. You got your ass waxed, your coach collapsed, you fucked up. You missed thirteen free throws the postseason, this season as a whole, what you were trying to achieve, you failed. You as a human being obviously not a failure. But your goal every year is to win a championship. That's actually the only point of this whole thing.
Speaker 3: That's the only goal. It's not like, oh, Eric.
Speaker 2: Nemuh messed up on one article about Yannis and so it's a bad season for this this writer who asked Yannis about whether.
Speaker 3: This season was a failure.
Speaker 2: No, it would be like if the entire goal for Eric Neme was to write a feature on Yannis and then he didn't do it.
Speaker 3: It would be like that this is a spin job.
Speaker 2: We are people collectively all going crazy being like, oh my god, y honest, he's so grounded. Everybody show this to your kids. What kind of participation trophy? Shit?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: There's no failure in sports, there's only growth. No, No growth comes from admitting that you failed. That's where we're at right now. This is like, there's gonna be consequences. Your coach is probably fired, You're not going to be able to extend or pay Brook Lopez. You're probably gonna let Chris Middleton go jew holidays on and expiring.
Speaker 3: What's he gonna do?
Speaker 2: All of that is a downstream effect of failure. Is is it a failure for the Orlando Magic that they did not win a championship this year?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Because of Orlando Magic are a lottery team. The Orlando Magic have been a lottery team for the last decade. They've had the number one pick overall last year. The fact that Orlando Magic won like sixty five percent of their games after the All Star breaks, that's a success. That's something to build on. No, No, Joannis, there's nothing to build on for you, except for championships.
Speaker 3: This isn't steps to success. Yes, this is like is Yannis trying to be ted Lasso?
Speaker 2: Are we thinking like Jannis is a college football coach that decides to go to England and coach an EPL team and has no idea what he's doing, because that's how he sounds right now?
Speaker 3: The mistakes have been egregious.
Speaker 2: The Bucks should have been at home in five waiting for their next opponent, and instead their home in five watching their opponent move on and play the Knicks. The path was there for you. You got to play the Knicks in the next round. How are they gonna defend Giannis?
Speaker 3: Nope?
Speaker 2: No, you failed. You fucking choked to me. This was the most telling quote that Yanna said. Hey, they were playing to beat us, and we were playing to win a championship. We were a bit ahead of ourselves, to be honest. Okay, so they were playing to beat you.
Speaker 3: Goal achieved.
Speaker 2: You were planning to win a championship failed. Your goal was only to win a championship. That was only the thing in your mind. I feel like I'm talking crazy. I think I taking crazy pills. You got Emmanuel Acho being like show this to your kids. What kind of gold star nonsense is this? Like, this is shirking accountability, This is trying to spin zone your way into continuing to have the same exact thing as you did before. This is gonna be a storyline for the for the offseason. I don't know what kind of decisions they're gonna make, but they have them to make. And I would not be surprised if coach Budenholzer, with two years left on his deal, is out. So Nicks close out their series in what was a real shock to a lot of people, five games. If you wanted to bet Nixon five, oh, I'm sure it would have been huge value.
Speaker 3: I'm sure the odds on that would have been crazy.
Speaker 2: Everyone at ESPN picked the Calves or the Knicks in like six or seven, and you know what, they were all wrong. The Knicks out tough. The Calves, Brunson and Heart were incredible. They're probably the best backcourt right now in the league, consistently in the East. At least They're not only dominated on the court. They were hilarious and postgame presser you had Josh Hart eating chicken wings and Brunson is being like, yo, stop eating while.
Speaker 3: I'm in the middle of this press conference.
Speaker 2: Hey, and you got Josh Hart turning his back on Brunson and still eating his wings. I love that heart then calls Brunson undersized, overrated, overpaid. These guys are awesome. They did the best. The Calves had zero answer. They had no idea what to do. Cleveland Riders are calling out JB. Bickers staff, but the Calves got bounced because they have roster issues. We knew that two bigs does it work well. The two teams that decided to go with two seven footers are both sitting at home right now. So you tell me Minnesota Timberwolves and the Cleveland Cavaliers, so that big lineup thing isn't really working.
Speaker 3: Reality, you have no You have.
Speaker 2: Zero players who are both good shooters and good defenders. Isaac Acquorrel really good defender, terrible shooter. At one point he was shooting seven percent from three point I'll say it again, at one point he was shooting seven percent from the three point line. You got Alan and Mobley, who at some point, for whatever reason, under the spotlight, could not score. You have offensive players like Mitchell and Garland who are like tissue paper in the playoffs. Can't defend a person. And also Donovan Mitchell just underperformed offensively. Twenty eight points in a closeout game not enough. You need fifty six, like Jimmy Butler and the Calves we know in all year has been this way. They've beaten teams under five hundred and teams over five hundred. They just didn't. So it was kind of like something that we could see coming right. They on their dream list have mckel bridges, but let's be real, they're not getting mckel bridges.
Speaker 3: They have no draft capital.
Speaker 2: They traded it all for Donovan Mitchell and look where they are at home in April again. So yeah, they're in a bad spot.
Speaker 3: They need to improve.
Speaker 2: Isaac Accoro and Seti Osman Chetty Osman have both had their worst seasons as Cavalier. They're probably gonna need to get moved. It's not gonna be easy to find a wing. Those are really really hard positions, as you guys know. I mean it's like the hardest one. It's the hardest one. It's fine a good win as the Portland Showlblazers, So they're gonna probably have to trade Jared Allen as well. Alan said this about his play. Even for me, the lights were brighter than expected. Oh that is as bad as telling. Now, the Knicks move on to play the Miami Heat in the battle of the underdogs, the scrappy team. It's gonna be incredible. The first thought probably is that the Knicks should be favorites. Hero is out for the year, But all of this depends on Julius Randall. Is his ankle okay because he re injured it in Game five? Why was he out there? I have no idea. Tim said that we're hopeful that it's.
Speaker 3: Not that bad. Uh yeah, I mean everybody is.
Speaker 2: All Knicks fans around the country are worried about that as well.
Speaker 3: Without him, I think the series is a toss up.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's a reason Jason Tatum said that he didn't see the Heat winning as an upset because the Knicks are gonna have their hands full. Jimmy Buckets and their world defenders could not you know, the Bucks could not stop Jimmy Butler. A bunch of all defensive guys could not stop him. So I have it on good authority that Jimmy Butler called a couple of Knicks executives as soon as he had that fifty six point performance in Game four and said, I'm coming for that ass.
Speaker 3: I'm coming. You're next.
Speaker 2: Nicks will fucking see you at Madison Square Garden. And now we will Sunday at the Guard.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a doozy since the last.
Speaker 2: Time we chatted on Sunday, Dearn Fox was diagnosed with an evulsion fracture in his index finger of his shooting hand.
Speaker 3: That is what we.
Speaker 2: Would call, uh, steps to success, as you honest would say, steps to success, not a failure, not a disaster, just steps to success.
Speaker 3: Predictably. Uh.
Speaker 2: When Dearon Fox ended up playing, he was awesome, by the way, until he jammed his finger. And then, like you would imagine, a guy who's got a broken finger, doesn't really perform in the fourth quarter after he re injures it. And without fourth quarter Fox, it was night Night's sleep mask.
Speaker 3: Kings were lost.
Speaker 2: Even when it was a three point game with a minute left and the Kings had a good look from three to tie. Monk misses the twenty five footer and we got to see the yin and the yang that is Malik Monk. Boy, oh boy, did we see all of it on one hand. That man carried the Kings, who twenty one points from the four minute mark at the third quarter. He had twenty one points from that point on, twenty one points at the four minute mark in the third quarter, fourteen points in the fourth quarter alone. He was cooking boy carving at that defense. He was making tough shot after tough shot over Kevon Looney. He looked like John Moran out there. He was waiting until his feet had almost reached the floor, coming up off his elevation, and then put it up, bucket after bucket, getting to the free throw line, chasing down what should have been a backcourt violation for the Golden State Warriors off of an errant pass, but no, he steals that ball, gets it, gets the loose ball, and then gets an in one. Just incredible, honestly, probably the only reason that the Kings were able to dig back. And then on the other hand, shooting a nonsense three pointer when you don't need to make that or shoot that at that given moment. You've got a bunch of seconds left on the shot clocking guys open, Why are you taking that shot? Malik Monk, Oh my god, that lost you the game. On the other side, we got one of the best performances of Draymond's career. He was unstoppable on both sides of the ball. Offensively, he he cooked all night, my man. Draymond Green Day Day eight for ten from the floor, eight for ten, twenty one points off the bench, four rebounds, seven assists, three steals and a block.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about long in the short is.
Speaker 2: That Draymond's suspension put the series and changed it like an inflection point where now they get to see what it's like for them to have complete spacing. Draymond knows where he needs to be even when he's with Kevon Looney on the floor. And now they're cooking these Kings up with back cuts and easy looks at the rim, and that is a real problem. The Warriors shot seventy six percent in the restricted area in Game five.
Speaker 3: That's really bad.
Speaker 2: They had thirty three separate buckets in the restricted area, which is five feet.
Speaker 3: From the rim.
Speaker 2: They got fifty points at the rim. That's ridiculous. And now they know that they can't the Kings can't stop it. They can't stop it with all that cutting, with all that ball movement, they're cutting like crazy. They're getting easy shots right in the rim and there's just no way to adjust out of that. Kings now play Game six on Friday, which is today. I guess at Chase in an elimination game. Man, it's going to be a tough one for Sacramento. But they should have won Game four, I guess. And they haven't lost four in a row since the first four games of the season, So whatever happens, I just want to say King's Nation, I'm incredibly proud of you. I think you have a bright future. This team is fun as hell to watch. I think they're the most fun team of basketball. And if this thing goes back to goal and won for Game seven, all bets are off. Moving on, Lakers and Grizzlies are locked in a series now as well. The Lakers had a chance to put Memphis to bed in Memphis, but the Grizzlies got off to a hot start and open up a fourteen point lead in the first quarter, and other than one Laker run that cut the lead to one, that was basically a night from the beginning they handled the Lakers. Jaw had thirty one and thirty three from bain La lost because as we know what they do is they just can't shoot. They shot twenty five percent from three. Grizzly shot thirty five percent from three, despite our man del In the villain shooting twenty percent from deep.
Speaker 3: Now all eyes are on him.
Speaker 2: His Shenanigans Brooks was three for fifteen for eight. He had ten boards, seven assists. But he was also the only Grizzly starter to be a negative minus seven. They are not going to survive many three for fifteen shooting nights. So the Grizzlies now facing uphill battle. I still think they can win this thing. I still think that they can win Game six and it will be raucous in Memphis on Sunday. Do not be surprised if Memphis forces a Game seven.
Speaker 3: Finally, little tea from.
Speaker 2: Around the league, because we haven't talked much about very much news Clippers are eliminated and I did a TikTok, but I think you should I should mention to hear on the podcast as well. If you don't follow my social and you just listen to the podcast, by the way, you should check it out.
Speaker 3: It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: There are now hot rumors coming out about the Los Angeles Clippers, and I don't know if they're true, But I tell you what, people who I know who are around this team and have friends that are around this team tell me that I am spot on.
Speaker 3: So this is what happened.
Speaker 2: An anonymous Clipper media member has an account called Clippers Content, and he claims that he's been covering the team all year and as soon as they lost their game to be eliminated, he posted like a sixteen sixteen post thread on Twitter about everything that went wrong with the Clippers this year, and my god, was it bad. It was like Edward Snowden. It was like releasing all the receipts. He's now on the run. He hasn't posted since. Steve Bomber must be furius, So this is what it was. He starts dropping a tweet storm. It says, first and foremost, the Clippers turned down Marcus Morris for Conley trade. They had Morris to go to Utah for Mike Conley.
Speaker 3: And they settled for John Wall. We know how that went.
Speaker 2: They couldn't get Wall cheap, so they gave up Isaiah Hartenstein for nothing because they couldn't pay them both, and they couldn't find a backup center until the trade deadline. Then Reggie Jackson. Reggie Jackson was one of the field good stories. He was unplayable, he was horrible, and he had a bad attitude. So the Clips were so desperate. They tried to get Kyrie. They tried to get fred van Fleet, they tried to get Lowry and they failed. They settled on Eric Gordon. They tried to trade Norm Powell to the Grizzlies, but instead got Luke Kennard instead, and then they just struggled from three for the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: So he's like, hey, I also have a lot.
Speaker 2: More tea on the dysfunction of the team. He lows up the bridge. He basically murders Tyleru. Says that Tyleru was pissed off at the team that the team hates him. He hates them, the roster hates him, the front office hates him, and because he doesn't like them, he's just basically playing players he knows will not win them games.
Speaker 3: Three four guard lineups out of.
Speaker 2: Spite because he was just so mad at the front office and he was just being petty. And then Marcus Morris wanted to trade and now is so pissed that he didn't get traded that he quit the team for two weeks, just went a wall.
Speaker 3: No one knewe he was.
Speaker 2: Tylu covered it up, and then he eventually came back and then forced his way back onto the starting lineup with Tyleru because they're friends.
Speaker 3: Uh yikes.
Speaker 2: And then he moves on to more tea about individual players. Says that Roko and Terrence Mann were publicly complaining and posting things on Twitter as a cry for help because Tyleru wasted a year of their careers. He was not playing ro Co at all, barely playing Terrence Man. Then Kawhi Leonard gets both barrels from this Clippers account. Apparently this anonymous Clippers guy alleges that Kawhi Leonard was benching himself in the middle of games and just ghosting the team even though he was fully.
Speaker 3: Healthy in the regular season. He's not done.
Speaker 2: He also says that the team is paranoid, and that it's a very poorly kept secret that they're paranoid, and now they ban sports writers for posting anything about the team that puts them in any sort of negative light, even if it's completely true. He even says one of the National Beat reporters was blackballed for posting a video about Kawhi and then he says that the social media manager of the Clippers was accused of sexual misconduct and is still there to this day.
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 2: What is going on with the Clippers, That's what he's I mean, I have nothing to say other than, like, a lot of these roster things are true. He did play three four guard lineups, and you did see Marcus Morris go away from the team. You did see Kawhi Leonard leave in the middle of games and not play and no one knew why. You did see Roco not play. You did see Terrence Man not play. I mean, all those things are fact. I can't speak to the feelings around it or why. But if that's true, this is wildly specific for it to not be true. I'll just say that we're gonna find out, folks. It always comes to light. I promise you. Now that the dirty little secrets are out in the ether, people are gonna start digging. And Bob Myers can't come to this team fast enough. Kenny, He's gotta fix this mouthfeastings because the tea is hot. That's all the time that we have for the heat check will be back Monday with an all new episode covering the first round series along with some of the second Round series actually actually Trey Young and Boston, John Moran and La Kings Warriors and.
Speaker 3: Nicks, of course facing the heat.
Speaker 2: Also check the feet for past interviews as they drop intermittently throughout this playoff run. Do not forget to download, subscribe, and tell your friends, every single one of them. Follow the social on this heat check and at trist to Criek on TikTok, Twitter and Instagram.
Speaker 3: We'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: By Friends,