Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty arm Strong and jet Katy and he arm Strong and Jetty.
Speaker 3: I think one of the biggest mistakes, maybe the biggest through line of all for the way Biden's have been covered is the Bidens, it has regularly said, are good family, They're decent people, and I'm not here to tell you they're worse than the Trumps or worse than Nixon. But I'm here to tell you that the mythology that the Bidens are good people who don't lie is not born out by the facts, and that's increasingly front and center and sharp relief this week. We know that they didn't tell the truth about Biden inc We know that we know the president and the debate in twenty twenty against Donald Trump did not tell the truth when asked about Hunter's business. I'm not here to sit in moral judgment of them. I'm not here again to tell you that Joe Biden is a bigger liar by some metrics than Donald Trump. What I am here to tell you again is this has been a horrible mistake on the part of the media to treat the Bidens like they walk on water.
Speaker 2: That's Mark Alpern on his TV show last night. And it's not a TV show I called a TV show. It's on video. It's on YouTube or something.
Speaker 4: But there is a possibility that Biden will emerge after Trump derangement syndrome has faded in the year's fade and all that sort of stuff. I mean, he's already not well respected or liked by anybody. He could end up a very tail end of the list of presidents.
Speaker 2: I'd be shocked if he wasn't.
Speaker 4: And he's got no room for rehabilitation like Nixon did, who like went back up after Watergate because enough people respected his you know, political shops, foreign policy shops, a number of different things. Biden has got nowhere to go but down. I think the more people learn about.
Speaker 5: Him, I would agree. I think he was a miserable wreck as a president. And I'm here to tell you I can name a couple of Democrats. They did stuff I didn't love, but like Clinton, Clinton will rise as sure years go by in the estimation of how good a president he was. He was. You know, he was forced into it, but he was He was a bridge builder, a maker of coalitions, a compromiser, a triangulator in a.
Speaker 2: Way that got a hell of a lot done.
Speaker 5: And he shrunk the welfare state, friends, which the Republican Congress is unwilling to do right now.
Speaker 4: Some are trying even without getting into policies you agree with or not or whatever.
Speaker 2: Biden was. Biden is a complete fabrication.
Speaker 4: He just had a you know, Trump gets a lot of credit slash discredit for being such a salesman. That's what That's the only thing Biden had was gland having salesman vibe. Yeah, he was not particularly smart. His judgment was horrible. His whole life, he lied constantly.
Speaker 2: About things you don't need to lie about.
Speaker 4: You don't need to claim you're a truck driver or all these different things.
Speaker 2: Then arrested.
Speaker 4: It just full scholarship and then to hang on when you're dementia rid. In course, a lot of that's on jail because he was, you know, his brain didn't work.
Speaker 2: But he what a disaster.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and hey, media, congratulations uncovering up for that guy.
Speaker 2: For all those years.
Speaker 5: They had the capacity for shame or introspection, they would be just devastated, but they don't so they'll be fine.
Speaker 4: But but but it is amazing Biden was able to build that brand that held on until fairly recently.
Speaker 2: My word is a Biden of just being, you know.
Speaker 4: A decent, honest god, the deepest, decent, honest family.
Speaker 2: And Mark Halprin, whose dad was friends with Joe Biden.
Speaker 4: By the way, Mark Halprin here to tell you no, the whole family, they lie, their crooks, they'll say anything to get ahead, and have always been that way.
Speaker 5: Correct, wild, miserable domestic policy, indefensible, miserable, indecisive foreign policy, projecting weakness around the globe with very few exceptions, and then just a Biden ink thing don't And how about the damn border? If he had been like four stars out of four on everything else and had thrown the border open of millions of people God knows who they are like he did, while all the while claiming the border was secure, which is it's astounding it actually happened anyway, that would be enough to indict his presidency.
Speaker 2: What a miserable wreck. And then presidency the.
Speaker 4: Biden inc thing with put in your kid, having your kid on the board of these companies and other countries and you're making all this money and they so they can get access to you and the phone.
Speaker 2: I mean, just it's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of the stuff the Trump family's doing right now makes me really uncomfortable on that score too. I'm gonna be honest. But anyway, we're not talking about Trump now, we fill in the future. Yeah, yeah, and go ahead investigate that. To Halprin's point is the media can't hold Trump accountable for anybody because they've lost all credibility, and they rightfully have lost all credibility. Why would we believe anything you ever say, media, mainstream media after Hunter biden laptop or pretending Joe Biden's fine until you had no choice, just all these different things. There is a reason they are the lowest rated institution in America for trust they have. They have reaped precisely what they sold.
Speaker 4: Absolutely earned it. They put in the effort. They you know, they rolled up their sleeves, they laid the groundwork, step by step, earned their eight percent approval rating, and to their credit, they hung in there when things were tough, like when two hundred and forty American two hundred and forty million Americans were screaming Joe Biden's senile.
Speaker 2: They hung in there and they denied it. Right. I love profile and courage.
Speaker 4: I loved the counterfactuals people threw out of What if Joe Biden had debated. That's still not an answered question either.
Speaker 2: Whose idea was that? Who pushed him into that? Why did he agree to a bit? He asked for it?
Speaker 4: You remember with the heavily edited video Anytime Anywhere, You know that he challenged Trump to abate because everybody was wondering Willie debate, And he did, and he did it really early, which allowed enough time for the old switcher roof it did. But that's not it's not completely it's not in Taper Tapper's book. It's not completely known whose idea that was.
Speaker 5: That couldn't have been Jill's idea, I thought I read somewhere. I'm pretty sure it was Donalin, according to somebody, his campaign advisor and polster, who thought, we get the whispers are getting very very.
Speaker 2: Loud about he's senile.
Speaker 5: Just to summarize it, we need to go now early, a before he gets worse, and b to give herself a little time if if we need options later. But the thinking was, I don't want to wait two months to trot him out on a stage. Let's get him out there now.
Speaker 4: Well maybe since they were all deluding themselves, maybe they thought he'll go out there, he'll perform fairly well, like he did at the State of the Union or whatever, and then everybody will shut up about his brain until we get through this damned election.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm just real quick.
Speaker 5: I was reading about somebody mentioning the State of the Union yesterday and how immediately I came in the next day and I said, that was a coked up old man yelling his way through a teleprompter speech. Why pressure, Why is everybody in the media saying he set the concerns to rest last night with a really forceful speech, Jim, I mean, he was a man in command. Anybody who is either being honest or doesn't delude themselves would have said that was just weird.
Speaker 4: Right, But he didn't stand there slack jawed, glassy eyed, like he didn't know where he was like he did in the debate.
Speaker 5: Right, what's nonsense? Yeah, I watched, I watched Michael. You gotta give me my favorite. If you gotta play those clips, which one's your favorite?
Speaker 2: What did you mess with the American woman? And you gotta get it. Don't mess with them in w unless you want to get the best. Yeah, mark my words.
Speaker 4: I watched clips from the debate, which I hadn't seen in a long time.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Trump's talking and he's standing with his mouth kind of hanging open sideways, and his eyes indicate he's just completely checked out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he looks like a cadaver. His skin tone was just cadavers. Yeah. That first what was it five minutes? Ten minutes?
Speaker 5: The verbal gaffs were so egregious. People don't talk now about the nonverbal issues like you're mentioning. He stood there looking like a guy waiting for the end in a retirement home.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Trump handled it masterfully, too. He just let all that hang there. The one time he said, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: He just said. I don't think he knows what he said either.
Speaker 4: Other than that, he just let it hang out there, which was a good idea, right he understood.
Speaker 2: As a guy who's produced TV shows, he knew, oh this is over. Uh uh.
Speaker 4: I had one more point on that. Oh the other craziness. You said, you read something somewhere about this, but I still don't understand it. Why were they putting fake poles in front of him so he thought he was ahead when they never had one pole ever.
Speaker 2: Where Biden was winning. Why.
Speaker 5: I think the insiders sense that if they admitted the truth, he'd quit Biden.
Speaker 2: Biden would quit, really.
Speaker 5: He would get out, he would signal that he wasn't super confident, and then the polo season shumers would move in and they wanted to hang under their own seat, close to the seat of it.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 4: I want to know if Jill had a role. I want to know if she had a role in the polls she said.
Speaker 5: I would be shocked if she did not, because I could see her. Remember, remember it came out and I don't know if Tapper. You know what, we got to quit calling a Tappers book because Alex what's his land Thomas name, Alex Thompson. I'll bet he wrote every damn word of it. They just put Jake Tapper's name on it because they wanted a celeb anyway. I remember hearing repeatedly that aids were told, or visitors or congress people or whatever were told, don't give him any bad news, which is a bizarre thing to do, because that's a bizarre instruction to give somebody meeting with the president.
Speaker 2: Because it would set him off emotionally.
Speaker 5: I don't know, or they were trying to build this fantasy land for the poor senile old man. They were literally gaslighting him that everything was going great for whatever reason.
Speaker 2: We were just speculating about.
Speaker 4: That might be fine if he wasn't gonna run again, and you know, you're just waiting out the term. Why give him bad news, you know, or something like that. But I would think if you actually wanted to win, you'd say, look, we're losing, so we need to change our message, and this is why we need to focus on you know, Michigan or whatever.
Speaker 2: As opposed to say we're winning.
Speaker 4: We're winning. And then he sits down with several interviews. What's his name from NBC who just quit?
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 4: I remember watching that interview when we were at the convention, and he sat there with.
Speaker 2: Why can't I think of his name the NBC.
Speaker 4: Nightly News or CBS Lester Holt. No, yeah, Lester hole that's NBC and said when he sat down with Lester.
Speaker 2: Holt and said I'm leading in the polls, I'm winning Jack, And I was like, what.
Speaker 5: So my theory was the reason they kept him in the dark like that and shined him on was that they wanted him out of the way. They just wanted him to sit there smiling and eating his cello. But you pointing out that they sent him to do interviews like that, that contradicts my theory.
Speaker 2: So no, I don't quite get it.
Speaker 5: If you have any great theory, mail bag at Armstrong egeddy dot com, drop us an email or Texas four one five two nine five kfts.
Speaker 4: I'm still reading the book again, which is hilarious. It's you describing to us something that you should have known and acting like it's a surprise. But there was after one of his press conferences where he hung around kind of long and got himself into trouble. Biden did answered some questions, looked confused. Jill went nuts when they all went So after the press conference, everybody goes back into a room to like have a post discussion, you know, like a post game, you know, rehash of how did it go.
Speaker 2: She walked in there to whose fault is this? Who allowed that to go on? Who didn't shut it down?
Speaker 4: And I mean she was hot, and as you mentioned earlier, that one handlered dude of hers, whatever his name was, he had the power to get people booted out if if she was unhappy, he would acts people. So you didn't want to get on the wrong side of her. But she was the one that got angry.
Speaker 2: About this stuff. Yeah, yeah, I can't wait till the full stories written on her. Anthony Bernall her top eight name.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I'd ever heard of before, but he was a powerful, powerful guy inside the White House, no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: We got more on the way again. What's your theory? Why did they lie to him about the polls? Whose advantage of that was?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: Text line four one five two nine five kftc arm Strong, Hey, Yedie.
Speaker 1: We do have some breaking news this morning. Literally Olivia's water has broke and she is anchoring the news now in active labor, early labor. She's still here. She's been doing the entire show. This is her decision to do this.
Speaker 2: I'd rather be at work than at the hospital.
Speaker 1: After we're done with this show, you should probably go.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys.
Speaker 1: Yay, Olivia, I'll do my best, I mean and a half three hours of news that's right in contractions. I think that's a first for CBS six.
Speaker 4: Okay, two things on this first, Katie, H Joe and I required that you have your baby on the air.
Speaker 2: It would really help with the show. I was just gonna say that was my move. If you could somehow make that happen.
Speaker 5: She goes into labor on the air, You give birth on the air, you got it.
Speaker 4: But the whole Yeah, I'll stick around through weather, in traffic, and I'm gonna I'm good.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to figure out if this woman has any other kids, because that does not seem like a first Okay, yeah, it's like her sixth kid. To say, she said she was way too calm for that if she was the first time.
Speaker 5: If it's her sixth kid, that kid's gonna come like an eighth eight year old sliding on a slide in a park.
Speaker 4: You are right, though, that has not your first kid, vibes, Yeah, based on my experience.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, and she's CBS New York too, so she's like one step away from the big big chair, so she's thinking labor.
Speaker 2: Maybor I could have Pelly's job. Oh that's funny. I'm gonna stick around through uh at least traffic local sports.
Speaker 5: Non.
Speaker 2: I got wow? Is that what it sounds like? How did that? Well? I've heard a number of sounds.
Speaker 4: Actually I almost missed Sam because I was over at the Jama Juice, so I didn't hear all the sounds.
Speaker 6: But there was there's the hospital where I was born back in the day. There was a bar across the street called the Waiting Room. Oh cool, and it had a red phone on the wall that was connected to the hospital so all the dads could get that phone.
Speaker 2: That is awesome. Wow. Wow, Now that's that's marketing. Love it.
Speaker 4: I needed that the jumba. I was told I had plenty of time, so I went to the Duma Juice and I got back. I damn near missed it because they were wrong lying lying nurses when you need a job, but you need a jump exactly.
Speaker 2: I was getting erasmataz. I needed a shrubbery whorl spellble to you. Wow.
Speaker 4: So the big beautiful bill passed last night. I suppose we ought to touch on what's in that and what's not. Some of the things horrify me.
Speaker 5: Plus speaking of being horrified, I'm disappointed by a Supreme Court ruling that just came out. It's not bad, but it's not.
Speaker 4: Great, you know, And it's going to go to the Senate, and who knows what it's got? Whoop there he goes, Yeah, who knows, we got.
Speaker 2: More on the way, Stay.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 7: Republicans pulled an all nighter to get this done, with last minute deal making to win over a group of holdouts. That bill passed two fifteen to fourteen one. The two gop knows Thomas Massey, Warren Davidson, Andy Harris, who is House Freedom Caucus chairman, voted present. So Republicans in blue states got a bigger salt detuction, that is, the state and local tax insuction cap went from ten thousand to forty thousand. Fiscal conservatives one on work requirements to Medicaid they will start earlier twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: And in the end.
Speaker 7: Bill most of these holdouts gave.
Speaker 4: It play play Speaker Johnson there and his explanation what happened overnight.
Speaker 2: Everybody's conservative.
Speaker 4: We believe in limited government, and we believe in individual freedom and the rule of law and peace through strength and fis responsibility and free markets and human dignity.
Speaker 2: The things that are all wrapped into this bill.
Speaker 4: You believe in fiscal responsibility, all right, all of you, We all do. Evidently he believes the First Amendment also protected bull crap as speech, because that was some But Mike Johnson will probably say.
Speaker 2: To you, dude, you can't sell fiscal responsibility. Nobody wants it.
Speaker 5: If we went hardcore at the waste, fraud and abuse in medicaid, we'd lose the next election. We wouldn't get anything done that you like, so shut up, and he'd probably be right, you do.
Speaker 2: That's disappointing.
Speaker 4: You do mostly get the government you deserve, and we want the American people want. George Well has been saying this since I was in my twenties. I remember watching him on like Your ABC this week when it used to be him, Kochie Roberts and Sam Donaldson sitting around the table way back in the day, and George will say, people talk about polarization in Washington, d C. No, there is great agreement in this town. There's almost entirely agreement in this town. The agreement is that we want a dollar eighty worth of government for the price of a dollar. Because both parties do it over and over and over again. No matter what happens, we want a dollars eighty worth of government services, but we only want to pay a dollar for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm torn. The Patreon in me says, keep yelling about this stuff, no matter if there are votes or not, because it will at least less than the damage or the race toward insolvency, or someday the world will come around. And as Tom mcclintocky has said to us, no, you don't abandon your principles just because nobody else seems to be with you, because when the world comes around to them, how are you gonna feel then. But at the same time, in terms of electoral politics or like, if our job here was to get Republicans elected because it's better than Democrats, I mean, that's not our job. We just try to describe the world to you and tell you what we think. But if our job was purely to get Republicans elected, I could see making the case that, hey, leave the negative stuff out, claim it was fiscally responsible, claim it's way better than Biden would passed, which is unquestionably true, and forget your stupid little principles.
Speaker 4: That's what the Fox reporter said, and blue state Republicans got a win, and that they got the salt deductions raised. Yeah, there's like three of them, and all the rest of us in the entire country got screwed by it.
Speaker 2: Don't present that as a win.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, if you have a kid or a grandchild, or you are just the decent sort of person who plants oaks so that you know future generations can enjoy the shade, you understand that we're spending our.
Speaker 2: Children into oblivion.
Speaker 5: We will not be hammered with the suffocating bills for our irresponsibility.
Speaker 2: They will. That's what That's the part I can't get past. I will not be that person. I won't.
Speaker 4: There's a fair amount of repealing Green New Deal stuff, that's great. There's also the work requirements for Medicare that was mentioned in that clip.
Speaker 2: That is good stuff.
Speaker 5: It's just a pretty half half measure, but at least it's something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as somebody pointed out, forget who it was earlier, I read that what would have been nice is if the Republican Party came in and their bill was not that big, but even more beautiful in that it would have just been extend the tax cuts, get rid of the Green New Deal, crap the end.
Speaker 2: Right, But yeah, that's not what we did.
Speaker 5: No, No, some of it because silly stuff Trump promised on the campaign trail. But this is good news. An indoor tanning excise tax that was eliminated in the original bill will be maintained.
Speaker 2: Does anybody know what that means? Well? I actually do, But do you really want to know in tanning? Yes, as opposed to standing out in the sun.
Speaker 5: Right, there's no tax on standing out in the sun. Good yet not yet, Pasterns. You'll take my leathery skin when you peel it off my cold dead No, that's getting disgusting. Yeah, and well, because they needed to make it at least within one hundred miles of being fiscally responsible, they had to add some revenue to it because they were cutting revenue out of like tips being taxed and social Security being taxed.
Speaker 2: You know, it was funny.
Speaker 5: I was with some learned gentlemen last night and some of the guys who were collecting Social Security are like, why should I not pay tax because I'm sixty five, But that guy over there who's sixty two or forty two should be paying tax. And the argument is, well, that's Social Security's money you paid in blah blah blah. But these guys have enough income that they're not depending on Social Security.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm torn on that one because it seems absurd for the government to pretend to hold onto your money then give it back to you that it's then taxed. So that's probably a longer discussion than we have time for right now.
Speaker 2: But so I didn't.
Speaker 4: I just was reading some of my favorite tweeters see what they were saying about the Big Beautiful Bill.
Speaker 2: I got distracted by Charles C. W.
Speaker 4: Cook Naster review his tweet He's read further along in Original Sin than I have the Tapper book. One of the lines in Original Sin, five people were running the country and Biden was at best a senior member of the board, says one Democratic insider to Jake tappern Alex Thompson. For this book, five people were running the country and Biden was at best a senior member of the board.
Speaker 5: Meaning he was an important advisor to his advisors who are actually making the decisions.
Speaker 4: And Charles Wright for a good example, see the attempted student loan theft people round Biden used his infirmity to try to steal money to pay off.
Speaker 2: Their own loans. Corruption. Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, there's another giant blockbuster book to come, isn't there. Yeah, although they're all people closer to the center, they won't ever talk when all the particulars are dead.
Speaker 2: I think, though, there will be a book.
Speaker 4: I mean I read stuff about you know, I read a lot of books about long dead administrations.
Speaker 2: I mean some of the stuff.
Speaker 4: That goes on that went on and Nixon in the White House or the lbjor I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it's just mind blowing. But if you find out about it fifty years later, right right, and generally learn nothing.
Speaker 5: Anyway, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: The only thing you can't control it. It turns out the.
Speaker 4: Only way you can control your government is make it as small as possible.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: Uh. And of course all of this big mess is going to go to the Senate where it will be changed fundamentally, and then back to the House and that's when the real work begins, according to old hands, old Capitol Hill hands.
Speaker 2: So that's enough of that for now. So this is aproposar nothing.
Speaker 5: But we were talking earlier about the Chicago Sun Times had a summer section, which it actually distributed to other papers too, of all sorts of things to do in the summertime, including a summer reading list, and it was prepared with AI and AI hallucinated a bunch of books and or authors and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: But there's more.
Speaker 5: For example, in an article called hanging Out inside America's growing hammock Culture, the quote unquote writer who is in charge of the section quotes a doctor Jennifer Campos, a profession a professor of leisure studies at the University of Colorado.
Speaker 4: A professor of leisure studies. They see things are so crazy in colleges. Now, yeah, I didn't even blanket that, even though it's made up.
Speaker 5: I remember somebody taking leisure studies classes when I was in school, and I.
Speaker 4: Thought that was hilarious. Let your studies. Yeah, I certainly start calling me doctor Jack. I certainly have my PhD. Please, you've been leisurely since the day I met you, and I'm the What is it if you've like accomplished a much in a field and they give you an honorary doctorate, That's what I should have, an honorary doctorate, right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Anyway, so let's see University of Colorado Leisure Studies oh in her twenty twenty three research paper published in the Journal of Contemporary Ethnography. A search for Campos in the Journal of Contemporary Ethnography does not return any results. Well, it's not exactly clear why the AI said this. The only mention of Jennifer Campos on the University of Colorado's website is about the graduation of a student named Jennifer Campos who works in advertising. The same article also mentions a quote twenty twenty three Outside magazine interview with Preana me Media, the author of Nowhere for Very Long, a book about van life, A hammock is basically my most essential piece of furniture. Uscaglia quotes are as saying in this AI generated thing. Outside interviewed Media once in twenty nineteen, but hammocks were not discussed.
Speaker 2: Not once.
Speaker 5: Outside also did an article about her favorite van life year in twenty seventeen, but she did not mention hammocks, so the quote included does not show up on the Internet outside of that article. There are examples like that throughout the section, and several of them have been pointed out by this journalist. Publica.
Speaker 4: So it made up a book and then in some steps it would completely make up the human being.
Speaker 2: Or sometimes the.
Speaker 4: Person was real and they had a book but didn't talk about the topic. I mean, so there's all kinds of different levels of or the priest who was real, but they didn't study what they said they studied, and there's no record of them ever discussing this topic in their lives. As a PhD in leisure studies and my groundbreaking work on donuts prior to nap, yeah, I can appreciate the efforts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that is amazing.
Speaker 4: You want a good nap, eat a couple of donuts, man, I don't know. Wait for the sugar esh to subside. You will snore.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's fantastic.
Speaker 5: Although at the same time, like I was asking chat GPT a question, you've had the same experience. It delivers in like three seconds, and Katie just did too. We were talking about it off here. It delivers to you like the best condensed magazine article on the topic you've ever seen. If you need some advice or to solve a problem or what have you, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: But then it'll hallucinate this crap.
Speaker 4: Go figure, I had a question about the brake pads on our Telaria, which is a very popular electric bike. Suron's and Tailarias are very popular, kind of pricey, but.
Speaker 2: Kids love them. Sonds like space Aliens from Star Trek. But a cool freaking thing I wrote. I hadn't written it much. I wrote it the other day Downtown. God, that thing is awesome. I would have loved that when I was younger.
Speaker 4: But I had a question about brake pads and you know what would be a good upgrade for brake pads live and it gave me so much great information with the links to the YouTube videos to show me and just it's incredibunbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh hey, speaking of space Aliens, I was raving about and or one of the Star Wars properties there on Disney Plus.
Speaker 4: Remind me that reminds me there is a new movie coming out. Okay, go ahead, Okay. Wow, it's a chain of reminders. So the more I watch it, the more.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: It is, you know, the original Star Wars, which came out when we're like twelve years old. So I've got this like weird inappropriate feeling of our generation. Are the true arbiters because we were the perfect you know audience.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Many years have passed, many zillions of dollars have been spent, so you know whatever. But the original Star Wars movies were written, as George Lucas has said, in kind of a buck Rogers adventure, the beautiful Princess, the swash buckling guy, intentionally, you know, broad strokes and fun, a little more comic, bookish, and or is written as if A it happened, and b it was about the life and death resistance against an oppressive regime with the secret financiers of the rebel efforts and the factionalism and you know, moral ambivalence, and it's just, oh, it's so good.
Speaker 4: If you want something dumber, my son pointed out, there's a new Marvel movie coming out.
Speaker 2: Iron Man is back as a villain.
Speaker 4: Oh no, and he fights the new Thunderbolts that I like so much among other people.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 4: We got the perfect text to send us off on a Memorial Day weekend of eight a text of eight coming up, among other things.
Speaker 2: We'll finish strong. Stay tuned.
Speaker 5: The more business news IK just announced that they're opening six new locations by the end of the year.
Speaker 2: They even put out a promo. Look at this at.
Speaker 3: Ikia, We're proud to unveil six new stores and build with trust care.
Speaker 5: And wait, why do we have seven extra support beams?
Speaker 2: Okay, nobody panic? Can everyone check under their feet for the sleuth a bomb? No, don't you dare call task rabbit. I'm a man. I built a shoe wreck once. See that looks better already, Ikia. Anyone know what these three extra scruis are for? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so the very people building the Ikea become confused jack in the style of Okay, I.
Speaker 4: Got a fair amount of Ikea furniture when we first moved into this house.
Speaker 2: Ah tedious, man, tedious, We got this text.
Speaker 4: It's a perfect one to send us off on a Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 2: Hateful text. You ready sure?
Speaker 4: It's laughable that you will continue to bash transsexuals, liberal arts programs, kids still going after Kamala. You're a pathetic joke, soft ass hands and a fat ass.
Speaker 2: Do better. Look, I'm working on trimming my ass and I have I have callouses. I can show them to you. Soft ass hands.
Speaker 4: That's just inaccurate, man, A fat ass I don't think you should have used the word ass twice in one sentence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a rough draft sent in haste. If you'd like to, you know, uh, massage that.
Speaker 2: A little bit and re send it. That's fine, we'll read it. I like do I like to do better as an ending, though, I do like that I show my name or just my number.
Speaker 5: Hilarious, Michael. Oh so wait a second, now I want to get into the particulars. So we're bashing what now? Can you reread that?
Speaker 4: Um? It's laughable that you will continue to bash transsexuals.
Speaker 2: Liberal arts programs, Kait, Hang on a second, Hang on a second, Hang on a second.
Speaker 5: Why is it pathetic to bash liberal arts programs that are, by every estimation.
Speaker 2: Not teaching. I don't think kids aren't studying.
Speaker 5: I think liberal arts programs are great if they're done properly. I don't remember bashing kids bashing kids, But now boys who compete against girls?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely till the day I die. Thanks for your input. I'm looking back to previous texts from this person.
Speaker 4: Foolish, idiotic, stupid, white, privileged snowflake boomer pathetic.
Speaker 2: So this is a theme going way back.
Speaker 4: From this.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about your anger problems. They don't like it. Hey, kids, it's that time again with Armstrong and Getdy. I have never watched a show or listened to a show that I hate. If I don't like it, I find something else. Anyway, here's your host for final thoughts, Joe getting.
Speaker 5: All right, let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the show today. How about Michaelangelow pressing the buttons leading us off.
Speaker 4: Michael, I will confess to gatting easy college credits.
Speaker 2: I had probably six units.
Speaker 7: Let's say one was aerobics, the other one was Recreation and Leisure studies.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I have taken those classes, and yes they were just for fun.
Speaker 5: Katie Green are esteemed Newswoman. As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 6: I have to say I have jumped on the AI baby train. They're turning all of the adults into babies and making them talk with AI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hilarious. Now Joe doesn't like it. I like it too.
Speaker 4: No, Joe doesn't like babies, but I find it incredibly charming.
Speaker 2: It's entertainment for weak minds. I won't hit it. JACKI a final thought.
Speaker 4: I actually saw it with like Joe Rogan, and I asked Hanson, we do that because they're doing that with radio shows now where you got like you and me as babies, and they use the audio from our show.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good bearded babies.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My final thought is I didn't get a chance to tell you.
Speaker 5: The Supreme Court has affirmed the Yoklahoma Supreme Court's decision.
Speaker 2: Of block a religious public Bark Charter school.
Speaker 5: Weirdly, it was four to four because Amy Cony Barrett had recused herself. This might come up again. It's a bad decision. I will tell you why later on Awesome.
Speaker 4: We are Armstrong and Getty wrapping up an other grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 5: So many people, thanks, so a little time go to Armstrong and Geddy dot com.
Speaker 2: Many pleasures who wait you there, We'll see you tomorrow. God bless America. I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 6: Up.
Speaker 5: Stop stop, Okay, it's so interesting and so vicious and horrible, and it's so beautiful, so bad, it's almost good.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I can I understand the word you're said, So let's go out with it.
Speaker 5: By I don't know whether to stand on my head and poop Wood Nichols or or or move into the woods and live like a bear.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do. That first trick would be cool. I'd pay to see then that I note, Thanks all very much, Armstrong and Getty