Speaker 1: Another franchise that is in dire straits, the Boston Celtics.
Speaker 2: A little bit of news.
Speaker 1: Josh only Heat highlights Richardson. You know, Josh Richardson. They show how good he is, you know, they show his three and D and it's always him in the Heat uniform.
Speaker 2: Do you ever notice that?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, do they not have access to any other Josh Richardson b roll than this? Like they don't ever use him in a MAVs uniform ever?
Speaker 2: Because whatever editor's back there, if they see Josh Richardson Heat, like if it's like tag that, there's a way better chance that it's going to be a positive highlights.
Speaker 1: He's now signed a two year deal with the Celtics. That's good, right, I know, the delusional Celtics.
Speaker 2: Fans are excited. They're like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Macus Smartt, he got a deal. Robert Williams, he gets a deal. Oh yeah, baby, three and D. Josh Richardson only twenty four million dollars over the next two years. What a bargain. Q The duck boats being ship a coming for us. Yeah, that'll put you over the nets. The Bucks and the Hawks and the Knicks. I mean, Boston fans don't like.
Speaker 2: Hearing this, but like you went from manager at Staples.
Speaker 1: To assistant manager at Staples like Fournier is. It's a downgrade from Fournier to Josh Ritzerson and from Kemba to Dennis Shrewder. You literally got a demotion and you're trying to say, you know, it was more of like a lateral move, you know, right, yeah, this is more it's just like okay, and they're trying to feed us this bullshit and it's.
Speaker 2: Like, we know what your plans are. It's Bradley Beal. That's all you care about is Bradley Beal.
Speaker 1: Josh Richardson is just another pretty little trade chip. He's good, just just good enough to get a team like the Washington Wizards to bite on his potential because pat Riley liked him three years ago. I mean, we got got Jimmy, but obviously they wouldn't a trade him.
Speaker 2: They were like basically holding out for Josh.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh, yeah, he don't want to get rid of Josh richards He's the new Tyler hero in the sense of like a guy not nearly as good as that. He wants you to believe they just hold onto these assets to make you think that they're good, and they're not that good. But like someone will fall for Josh Richardson maybe being a three and D guy, just like just like the MAVs did. He was an interesting little player for the Sixers. This is what Brad Stephen said. We feel fortunate to be able to extend Josh. He's a talented offensive player, a versatile defender, plays with an edge and a toughness that Boston fans will love. Boston fans are gonna boost some Josh Richardson, I tell you what, and when he goes three for eighteen, they are going to booshit out of him.
Speaker 2: I promise you that.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: Certainly, the translation of what Brad really was.
Speaker 1: Meaning is that he is the perfect middlelevel exception to add to a package to entice a team that, oh, we'll give you a Josh.
Speaker 2: And Marcus Smart.
Speaker 1: Maybe Robert Williams rim protector three and D guy, very tough glue guy, and Marcus Smart he.
Speaker 2: Can defend off the bench. What do you think Brad Buil wants out? All these guys are fucking great and did a little research.
Speaker 1: Smart plus Richards and plus Williams forty one million dollars. Bradley Beal's salary thirty seven million dollars.
Speaker 2: So why do you think.
Speaker 1: Marcus Smart added a one million dollar kicker into his contract extension if he gets traded? Because he knows he's getting traded.
Speaker 2: That's how.
Speaker 1: That's how he's like, YO, if you're gonna get me out of this bitch, you might as well fucking pay me. In other words, Brad Stevens is hoping and wishing and praying that he's gonna get Bradley Beal without costing him Jalen because not Jalen, anything but Jalen.
Speaker 2: But what if Bradley Beal doesn't want to go?
Speaker 1: What if they got all of those pieces they extended, all of those mediocre guys. We'll say, no shade, but they're mediocre, right, Like they're not as good as the pieces that they had before, which also really didn't fit that well together to begin with, and weren't that good, So they're less than they were. What if they have all those pieces on a two year, three year deal and then brad doesn't want to leave, then you just got guys that you just got guys locked up fucked.
Speaker 2: A team that can't win right now.
Speaker 1: If they're locked into Richardson and Smart for two more years and then they can't win, then either that leaves what twenty twenty four like, that's when Jalen's final year of his contract is.
Speaker 2: That's with Tatum with one year left on his deal.
Speaker 1: Think about Jalen in an expiring and Tatum with one year left on his deal, and they're like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know about the direction of where we're headed. That would be funny to see them win.
Speaker 1: It's just like, oh my god, the math just doesn't add up. The Celtics need to win, and they need to win now, because we know what it's like when players don't feel that their team has a sense of urgency and it doesn't appear that there is a sense of urgency. They have no backup plan. It's just Brad Beuele or Bust I fucking love it. I hate the Celtics. I say, I don't hate the Celtics, but I do. They're a piece of shit franchise. I love the two js and they don't deserve this. I like Marcus Smart, but I don't like Brad Stevens, and I don't like the arrogance of the Celtics organization, and I do like that this team is in real fucking trouble, putting all their eggs in a Bradbuel basket. And you know what, bull move, Cotton. Let's see how that plays out for you.