Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This he's Talking Cowboys, screaming live from.
Speaker 3: The Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at.
Speaker 5: The Star in Frisco, tag Borders Here, let's dot pitch, Teddy pay todaydown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 6: It's an afternoon edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in.
Speaker 1: The s w b C Studios.
Speaker 3: Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 6: We've got almost the whole cash and crew ready for you to ROC today. Isaiah will be joining us very shortly. He's just running late because he overslept. He doesn't over sleep when it's nine o'clock and yeah, yeah, and when it's good morning football, he doesn't show up.
Speaker 1: Over sleeping at two.
Speaker 3: It's crazy what happens. He's probably listening to this in this car, yelling at the stereo.
Speaker 1: What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 3: I'm stuck in traffic.
Speaker 1: Seems like a guy that didn't realize he had to show at two o'clock on thursdays. That way, he didn't check his emails. To be fair, I also didn't know that we had a show today. Really well, I just got back for vacation.
Speaker 3: True, that's fair.
Speaker 1: First day back, I assumed like, oh, they did it on Tuesday. I was a deal. It was excellent. I went to Oregon, Oregon for a little over I guess a week, and then had some days here back and forth between those days. But very refreshing. If you've never been to Oregon, please check that out. We were liening in Portland. Love the people out there. Any cowboys fans out there that were nice enough to to to wear cowboys hats or whatever, point out the hat that I was wearing. Shouts to them. Uh but yeah, do that. Go do that. Go to mount Hood, Go see a mountain, Go see a snow cap mountain. You ever do that? You ever check that out? It's amazing. So we were driving through we were driving to mountain We don't get snow capped mountains around here, not in this America, in the lanes and prairies. We're driving through the like to mountain Hood, through mountains of trees. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, and I was like, this is where gorgeous comes from, because it's like, no, I'm dead serious, because of gorges, that's where that's where they are. And it's like trees as far as the eye can see it is taking up the skyline. How tall and gigantic. These mountains of trees are most beautiful thing I've ever seen. And this is coming from someone who's lived in Texas my entire life. So uh yeah, who knew? Who knew America?
Speaker 7: The beautiful victors you posted, I mean like literally looked like the definition of serenity. Dude, like you you look like your feet weren't even touching the ground. Oh man, Yeah, those pictures were spectacular.
Speaker 1: Man. We went to the Goonies beach. I did a truffle shuffle on the beach.
Speaker 7: Video over your line, and I guess.
Speaker 1: Your line behind a paywall.
Speaker 7: It's good, get out, get outside, get in nature.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: It doesn't happen to It doesn't happen often often enough. Nowadays we are so attached to devices and you know, doing things on the home front, and we've just you know, been blessed enough to be able to make our homes so comfortable where it makes it kind of difficult to want to leave sometimes, but it's good to get outside, get outdoors, get barefoot and run running the grass or something.
Speaker 1: A literal and certified touch grass moment. M h you touch the grass, touching grass.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna run in the concrete parking garage across line.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not the same.
Speaker 6: First time I ever went to Portland, it was like one of my first trips out of Texas when I was in I was probably seventh eighth grade, and I remember getting it was in the middle of July, so Texas heat, humidity, got July, and got on the plane, got to Portland after stopping in Arizona and in Phoenix, and then you go to you go to Portland, and I remember getting off the plane, I was like, wow, not everywhere is one hundred and ten degrees.
Speaker 3: In July, Like wait, what is this?
Speaker 6: And I like, like the whole ride. I mean, I was, like I said a middle schooler, a whole ride to the hotel. I was just doing this in the breeze with the window down in the back of the.
Speaker 1: Car, like you like rolled in with the.
Speaker 7: You know if you like that viral Jason Garrett means.
Speaker 1: I was I was doing that myself. No, it's it's spectacular. If you can go out and touch grass, please do that for your mental health. If not anything else.
Speaker 3: Good reminder.
Speaker 6: All right, Patrick Nosey Walker. Time for some news and notes. Not a ton going, not a ton.
Speaker 7: I'm forgive me. I'm trying to get the seats situated because I've got this thing going on.
Speaker 1: We must have had a linebacker or two signed since.
Speaker 7: No, No, it's a no for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not done yet.
Speaker 7: They're not done yet. So that Kyle Yeomans has so eloquently lobbed over to me, Cowboys have been pretty dry on the transaction front.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: Obviously the most recent signing is going to be Jonathan Bullet, defensive lineman. But outside of that, no linebacker addition. So that's still still a glaring box that needs to be checked off going into and for my money, also coming out of the draft at this point, we're talking about that. A little bit later, Donovan as Roku announced that he will change his number to number six. So number six goes from one Donovan to the other Donovan, right, so number six also being the number that as Roku played with at Boston College, so he gets back into his number six. Donovan Wilson obviously still a free agent, he was not brought back by the team. Cowboys signed Jalen Thompson p J. Lock to to you know, solidify that safety position along Sadelee Cookers. So outside of those couple of things, I mean, it's been pretty dried. Cowboys did have the league meetings in which Schottenheimer and both of the Jones Is Jerry and Stevens spoke and one of the more interesting things Number one goes to the point of what Kyle was saying, which is Stephen Jones did say that the Cowboys quote unquote are not done uh in free agency. As they going to the draft, they're really trying to check off that that big linebacker box before they pretty big box, pretty big box, and they want to see what, you know, what they can do before then. There's some freegent names that have been thrown out. Bron Shottenheimer specifically drew a circle around Bobby Wagner as a guy. Obviously they spent time together with Seattle, and I caught that big box.
Speaker 3: I just you I had to just keep killing it.
Speaker 1: It's in the middle of the defense. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: A lot of these safeties have to play in the box. That's part of it. That's fair, that's fair.
Speaker 1: They didn't attack the box. Always attacked the box.
Speaker 7: So yeah, we'll see where they stand at this point going forward. But as it stands, and I can tell you, and this is something that we talked about on the last episode, I can tell you that the Cowboys have made attempts at trying to bring in a linebacker, a freegency linebacker outside of the unsuccessful bid for Nikobe. Dean did not give up after that. There are some other names that are in the mix, you know, ones in you know the Southeast, you know, palm Trees and the like. But you know, takes two sides to make a deal. So we'll see if the Cowboys can you know, strike another blockbuster trade or trade of any effect, or if they just simply go out and get a veteran linebacker. But I'm at the stage of the game where I feel like, because you're so close to the draft, outside of a blockbuster deal for a linebacker, if you sign a veteran that doesn't preclude any someone like a Sunny Styles or whatever the case may be, could you.
Speaker 4: Because they need so many bodies, They need so many guys at the linebacker position.
Speaker 6: Are you waiting on multiple moves here? I mean, and I'm not just saying sign a guy, right, I'm saying trade and then draft a top one hundred linebacker and then maybe sign another starting caliber linebacker or try and find one out there, or maybe straight or draft two guys and trade for another guy.
Speaker 3: So you're adding three.
Speaker 6: Because you kind of need three or four new members of your linebacker to even field the team the right way going into training, kid, I don't.
Speaker 7: Feel like you have the luxury to go overkill at linebacker. I'm on board with two of those options. So if you want to trade for one, I'd still use one of the day.
Speaker 3: Trade one, draft one, draft one.
Speaker 7: But you gotta address edge. You gotta address edge. We talked about it a lot. Rareshaun Gary was brought in, but you need something in addition to that that. I don't feel like that's the only thing that you can't look and say, Okay, well that's going to be my edge resolution there. Opposite is Roku, who, by the way, is coming off of laboram surgery. So yeah, no, you have to address edge on day one is my opinion.
Speaker 1: You have to address edge on day one. I believe you do. I tend to disagree. I feel like Baine is staring you in the face. I mean, I'm already on Rocker, I'm already on Rutger.
Speaker 8: You do.
Speaker 3: What do you doing? A lovely, lovely boy.
Speaker 1: I'm on record that I want Baine, There's no doubt about it. But I don't think that that is it is necessary to go day one with picking a an edge. I really don't think.
Speaker 5: It's tell me your your depth chart on your edge right now, right now as it stands April knife as rakku for Shuan Gary Laboram needs to improve off of last year, h Gary?
Speaker 1: Fair enough? Then you have Marsha Neelan my goodness, excuse me, Yeah, you're good, You're all right.
Speaker 3: I wish we had Sam Williams.
Speaker 5: No, I wish we had him now rest in peace to yes, of course, absolutely my missect.
Speaker 1: You you wish you had Rusty.
Speaker 7: You wish you had something proving that you can sink your teeth into when it comes to say Williams.
Speaker 1: But you don't know, you don't, gosh, no, nothing is solidified there. But I also, don't think your name that you can't sink your teeth into.
Speaker 3: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: But you have avoid at corner right now.
Speaker 6: You haven't brought back Jadavian Clowney. You haven't brought back that's fair, any of those guys.
Speaker 7: You have avoided corner. However, you at least addressed that in free agency. You at least when it got a Kobe Durant. When you talk about addressing, let's assume, because I see where you're going with the corner, let's assume I.
Speaker 1: Think it's linebackerund corner.
Speaker 3: I think those.
Speaker 7: Revels asterisk because I'm going to keep the energy. If I'm going to put an asterisk on as rock, I'm going to put it. Ask Ron Bland too. Are we sure about the risk?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: But it could go either way. I guess what I'm what I lean toward is just building in front to back.
Speaker 6: This goes back to our march madness kind of. This is what happened when we got to this point, because it's those three positions has changed since nothing has changed, And you're completely right in saying that. But the thought process is corner. You don't don't have any healthy bodies. You have capable bodies as long as they're healthy. But you can't tell me they're healthy. Edge rusher, you you have bodies, but they might not be capable bodies, or at least they haven't shown in the past that they can carry the entire weight of a pass rush.
Speaker 4: Ability from a team white standpoint. And then linebackers, you just need bodies. You don't have anybody there. I mean, you've got Shamar James being your number one linebacker at the moment.
Speaker 3: I know you're everybody saying, well.
Speaker 6: What about Marist ed Rusher, what about Demo Hurt? I mean, you don't have bodies there right at the moment.
Speaker 7: Samar is the only one without an answers exactly so.
Speaker 3: And even that's a fifth round pick from.
Speaker 6: A year ago who sparing the line him, saw some good things, saw some great things from Schamar, and I think you'll see a step forward and they're really excited about him. So all three of those positions, if you're telling me the best player available at those position is on the board at twelve or twenty, I'm taking any of those.
Speaker 7: So you without you would balking, you would triple ope free agency signing or trade to acquire linebacker, and you would still double dip with twelve and twenty at.
Speaker 6: Linebacker, not at linebacker. I wouldn't double dip at twelve and twenty. I would double dip in the draft. In the draft, there are linebackers on Day three that I.
Speaker 7: Think, Okay, I just want so you can qualify. Yeah, yeah, I would say, we're just talking. We're talking only about twelve and twenty.
Speaker 6: I'm taking a linebacker and edge rusher in a corner in the top one hundred.
Speaker 1: Well, you've got you got a third round pickback exactly.
Speaker 6: You've got three picks in the top one hundred. Those are my three linebacker, corner, at rusher. Maybe not order, Yeah, yeah, in what particular order. Then it depends, of course, that's all boy.
Speaker 1: But your priority at that point, I.
Speaker 3: Would say corner, edge linebacker.
Speaker 7: I would say, ed which linebacker corner?
Speaker 3: See but in I.
Speaker 1: Would go linebacker, corner.
Speaker 3: So it's all fledged.
Speaker 6: But the thought process for me here is if I'm sitting here right now and I'm at twelve, and let's say it's best case scenario and you've got the top edge rushers on the board, Let's say Bailey or Bang, which is not happening. You're gonna have to trade up to go get those guys. One of the guys, Isaiah stand back. Welcome to the show, sir. Only fourteen minutes and thirty seconds later.
Speaker 3: Put a podcast in the middle of the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you didn't look at your email.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey, listen, I schedule don't work like that a podcast. Listen.
Speaker 7: I dragged my one legged.
Speaker 3: He crooked. I was out there doing country.
Speaker 5: I was out there doing country work, out there moving rocks and boulders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, setting up your bee high exactly? What exactly the bees coming tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Bee farmer? Isaiah stand back. Everybody welcome in here, trying to earn them.
Speaker 3: What's only saying you earned?
Speaker 6: Honey, the hardaway baby.
Speaker 1: Give you that intro.
Speaker 5: Now the flight of the bumbleted exactly, turn it up, turn it out. I'm definitely sung in a butt. Have you listened to any of the show on your way in?
Speaker 6: No, Okay, I want you to take a guess right now, Okay, what our debate is currently It has to do with the NFL draft, And no, it's not a trade. So so what do you think we're talking about If we're talking about the positional draft, Yeah, yeah, okay, and.
Speaker 3: What position do you grab first? Yeah?
Speaker 6: And then what would be the three spots that we'll be talking about, d N, cornerback, linebacker.
Speaker 3: And now if you have in that order, is it in that It depends on how it falls the way that I see it going. I see it.
Speaker 5: I see it being d N and linebacker interchangeable. But what's your preference? My preference is one of those two positions first, one of those two positions for you.
Speaker 3: So I was running through a scenario.
Speaker 6: I think it's unrealistic to expect Bane or Bailey to fall without something crazy happening that allows them to fall right if they're at or if they're at twelve, I would take an edge rusher first, So that would go against my order of three. I still think corner is still very much so up there because of the health of the position, and I would still take an edge rusher in that spot because you don't just find blue chip ad rushers. You can find a starting caliber corner. That's fine, you can do that, especially at twenty. I still think you're going to have a starting caliber corner at twenty, So I would take one of those guys. If they fall, because that's unrealistic. I think it's more likely you're going to see one of the top corners fall.
Speaker 1: So I have a question. I agree, who's your who's your monkey?
Speaker 3: Wrint? What is that? What is a monkey?
Speaker 1: You have? Food fighters?
Speaker 7: We all agree, we all have probably on medicine. Bro Well, I'm onst seven mays right now, absolute seven medications right now. Brother had that first post off yesterday and that that scars gnarly down there. But yeah, I'm on seven minutes. But nonetheless, we all agree edge linebacker, cornerback in any variation. When I say who's your monkey wrench, I mean, like, for example, a Caleb downs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if he happens to fall to twelve, you absolutely see what if he.
Speaker 3: Falls to No, No, you're not going up.
Speaker 1: You're not going up to give I'm sticking a pickt sticking.
Speaker 5: As my mom used to tell me, stick it picking and lick it. Your mom told you that absolutely my whole my whole childhood, stick it picking and licked it regards to whenever if I was getting on her nerves by just stick it picking and lick it, that means like gone by your business.
Speaker 1: Okay. Washington's interesting I guess I don't know who.
Speaker 3: Can you? Can you ask me that question?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so who's your monkey wrench? Who would have to begin falling that would have you deviate from those three positions that you just talked about that we all agreed that the Cowboys have a dire need and edge cornerback and linebacker. What player would start to sniff around twelve where you'd be like.
Speaker 3: Gotta go get them, gotta go get them.
Speaker 6: There's three names, David Bailey, Okay, Sunny Styles, Caleb Downs. If if those three names are at six, I would get on the phone and just call and.
Speaker 1: See if Caleb Downs is approaching nine.
Speaker 6: I get it, and I understand wanting to stay and take your twelve and twenty. But we've run through a lot of simulations where you get wiped out at twelve and you're sitting there and the best player on your board that makes sense for you is Spencer Fano or Roe freelan offensive tackles, so with.
Speaker 3: That being set or one of the wide receivers.
Speaker 6: So I'm I'm looking at that and saying, I want to upgrade my defense right now.
Speaker 3: What those are three guys that can do that right now?
Speaker 1: If you're the Cowboys and at ten, Manguia is still on the board. Left tackle Miami MALANOA. MALANOA, Oh that's how you said.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I like that.
Speaker 6: I was like, who is this player that I've not heard of yet? Yeah, Francis Maligoa MALANOA.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's a silent g.
Speaker 1: Not doing it. But if you're the Dallas Cowboys, are you doing it? No?
Speaker 6: No, if he falls to twelve, they would have that conversation. I think he's going three to the Arizona Cardinals personally, but.
Speaker 1: The infan I was already off the board at that point too.
Speaker 3: At ten. Maybe it depends.
Speaker 6: I'm saying, we've run through simulations where it's more likely that a offensive tackles fall then some of the defenders fall. Okay, And that's where I'm saying, if you're Dallas and you want to upgrade your defense right now with a bona fide playmaker, any of those three names make it to six, I'm at least talking it through because there's a there's a scenario where you can trade and we've talked about it on the Draft Show, where you trade twelve and twenty two Cleveland and they pick up two first round picks because they don't need a bona.
Speaker 3: Fide six round pick.
Speaker 6: But you pick up six and thirty nine, so you still have a first, second, and third round pick. You just don't pick twice in the first you get a guy like Sunny Styles, Caleb Downs, or David Bailey at six, and then you get a one of these one to two cheeter grades in the middle of the back half of the thirties and.
Speaker 3: You end up doing something.
Speaker 7: So let me put this out there for those that may or may not know, we're talking about the Cowboys possibly moving up or down on day one, or Day two or day three.
Speaker 1: Here's the quote from Jerry Jones.
Speaker 7: It's in an article that I wrote on Dallas Cowboys dot com back and Jerry Jones effectively stated, quote unquote absolutely the Cowboys will. We will entertain improving on an end draft read on what gives us a better chance to get another player.
Speaker 1: End quote.
Speaker 7: Now you can you know interpret that however you like. Bottom line is the Cowboys are as we're entering the draft. They're open for business to hear all conversations and possible scenarios, and that does include possibly moving up. Now, put my hat on take put it. Yeah, my hat on it did Jimmy on. You would have to sell me on trying to move up from twelve takes to six. I don't have to marry you won't have to sell me from moving up. You would have to sell me on moving up from twelve to six, because that's that's not an inexpensive venture. It's not.
Speaker 3: No, it's not. It's not. But scare money, don't make money. And those are three. Those three damn, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: There's three players right there, three players right there that'll immediately make you a better drawn Jay. Can you tell me right now, based off of today, as we stand on Thursday, April ninth, twenty twenty six, that the Cowboys defense is significantly and that's the key word here, better than what they were last year?
Speaker 3: Significantly. Yeah, I don't know exactly. I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not sitting and waiting for something to fall in my lap. If that happens, great, That's why you need both picks, right, I get it for reason.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 6: Those are very little picks though you're still picking in the top forty. But now you get to pick a bona fide, no doubt safe playmaker that's gonna get you the job done right now, and then you get another shot at a starter at thirty nine.
Speaker 1: But you don't think you do that at twelve and twenty.
Speaker 6: You might at twelve, you might if one of those guys falls mensword Lane falls Spencer Fano on the offensive side. That's the thing is, I'm not looking at offense though. Yeah, of course I'm not trying to look at offense. You're gonna get a good player at twelve, don't get me wrong. But your defensive guys that you feel like are going to be incredible.
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at it may not be there at looking.
Speaker 5: At the draft order, Yeah, and I think you're gonna be in a really good position at twelve for who any of those, Any of those think you're gonna get your your linebacker, your d N or your your safety of choice. I think I think you're gonna get that guy. I'm looking at it. I mean, Las Vegas they're getting quarterback. The Jets, who knows what they're.
Speaker 3: Gonna probably can take RVL Reys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, Arizona they need offensive tackle at any offensive lineman Tennessee needs or they need weapons. They've already add a bunch of stuff on defense already, I can't. They might add more, but that's been their primary defensive night a head coach the Giant, they actually actually a pretty loaded team. But I would imagine they probably go O Line, Uh, Cleveland, Little Jesus. They could take literally in Washington, could take anything in Order, could take anything in Kansas City. I would imagine it be specific. But then you start getting down to Cincinnati, Miami. I mean, I don't see them taking the guys that you want.
Speaker 1: Kyle, tell me who is for sure of the playmakers that you're talking about, who is for sure off the board at twelve with with absolutely.
Speaker 6: Certain, without moving up, it would be Bailey styles downs in Bang off the board. As long as nothing happens between now and the draft, that's off the board. Those those four are off the board. The guys that I think could fall are Delaye the corner out of l s U. Well, that's that's pretty much the only other name there. I'd be interested.
Speaker 5: Ve Vegas quarterback Tennessee's taking a running back most likely if he's there.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe they might take David Bailey. He's a better edge rush.
Speaker 1: But if it's Delane at twelve. Do you think that at that point it'd be awesome? At twenty you can either get your linebacker.
Speaker 3: Sure or your edge. Yeah, yeah, yeah I think so.
Speaker 6: Which Like, that's that's the risk you're taking if you have the one name, but you feel like is possible to fall is mansort of lane, You're you're taking a risk sitting at twelve that Cincinnati who needs cornerback help doesn't take him.
Speaker 3: They take your mom McCoy instead. Right, he runs a four to three eight.
Speaker 6: Maybe they feel better about him and the tape and acl whatever it ends up being this guy shut.
Speaker 3: Down Minsort of laying absolutely shut down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's like who he's a dog like comparing with somebody they're coming.
Speaker 1: They put you on Mitchell right now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I love that comparison. Let me give you NFL, let me give you what I put in the draft bank.
Speaker 1: I mean, but anybody likes it type.
Speaker 3: I think you going to get two really good players. I think you're gonna get two.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you're talking but this conversation is about moving up from twenty to fifteen to go grab somebody or something like that, then that's a different conversation. But I don't think we have the draft equity in order to do that. But stick at twelve, We'll see. Okay, so I can see them sticking at twelve and then moving up from twenty. You know what I'm saying, to go make sure that I don't know. See, I'm just saying, that's a better conversation.
Speaker 7: Because the thing is is, I think everyone needs to understand and remember that.
Speaker 1: And I know you're ready to go to break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to take a break.
Speaker 7: Everyone needs to understand real quick that when you're talking about these trade packages, you're not just only you know, I only talking about twenty twenty six draft picks.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's go to break.
Speaker 3: We can continue this conversation if we want.
Speaker 6: On the other side of the break, more talking cowboys right after this with the whole cast and crew ready to rock.
Speaker 3: Appreciate you joining us. We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 9: Every day begins with a promise, a promise to work hard and to build the future. That's why we're here providing the tools, expertise, and John Deere equipment you have relied on for generations to help you get the job done right. We're with you. That's our promise to you, because no matter the project or the challenge you're facing.
Speaker 1: Where with you, where are you not it?
Speaker 4: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee today.
Speaker 10: As America's leading business lender, Bank of America is on your corner and in your corner with over nine billion dollars in business loans and more than one hundred and forty business specialists right here in North Texas. We help businesses thrive, so communities prosper. What would you l like the power to do? Learn more at Bankfamerica dot com, slash Local Business. Bank of America Official Bank of FIFA Club World Cup twenty twenty five copyright twenty twenty five Bank of America Corporation, All rights reserved.
Speaker 11: Getting AT and T's best deal on the Samsung Galaxy S twenty six Ultra, Man, you realize I do deserve the best, Like this bubble bath with fancy soap and even a face masks.
Speaker 8: Learn how new and existing ATENT customers can get the new sounds in Galaxy S twenty six Ultra with Galaxy AI for zero dollars with eligible trading any condition requires trading of Galaxy S twenty four plus for five or new or installment plan and eligible wireless plan minimum sixty dollars a month before discounts for a tentty value two point zero subject to change. Visit att dot com slash on some for details.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by Invisi Line, the official smile for the Dallas Cowboys. Back with Patrick Waler, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand Back or Josh what they.
Speaker 1: Call the Oregon the Oregon Draft.
Speaker 3: Josh Chris Beam is in the back of Kyle yeomans. Did you used to play the Oregon Trail? No died of dysentery?
Speaker 1: Were you ever?
Speaker 3: I did? Beamer?
Speaker 1: Did the snake bite Beamer? Baemer got it?
Speaker 3: I hate when that popped up Bedden by a snake.
Speaker 7: No, man's showing age now facts?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What year did that come out? Oregon Trail?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: Elementary school?
Speaker 9: Me?
Speaker 1: You're talking eighties? Really? PC old for my time?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, floppy disc.
Speaker 1: Chris Bimer made a claim this morning. I don't think we need to bring up on the show. He claims he is younger than one Patrick No, s Walker.
Speaker 7: Oh, I think that's true in what capacity? Well, let me qualify in no capacity, But I just want to I'm curious, and what capacity is.
Speaker 3: In terms of like age is a number?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I'm forty five.
Speaker 3: Oh you got I got you by a couple of years. Okay, so he's a little bit older, old beam ones.
Speaker 1: How old are we being?
Speaker 3: Forty eighth?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's three, not two.
Speaker 3: A couple of years, A few years. I because if you're going to make.
Speaker 1: A he said, it's so common. I don't think so.
Speaker 7: If you're want to so confidently make a bombastic claim such as that the.
Speaker 1: Mad thoughts you were older than I.
Speaker 3: That's all I said.
Speaker 1: Not at all. It's the great but it sounds like you were twenty five.
Speaker 7: It is the gree Oh no, I'm definitely not twenty five.
Speaker 6: The original Oregon Trail came out December third of nineteen.
Speaker 1: Eighty four, eighty five.
Speaker 3: Seventy one.
Speaker 1: Really, whoa, that's way, that's right. That game b one.
Speaker 3: That game was all a way. The classic version came out in eighty five, so that's probably was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the original was seventy one, but the classic version released for Apple two computers. Yeah, widely recognized version of the game. That's what you guys were playing eighty five.
Speaker 3: Ye. There you go and learned something new every day you have.
Speaker 1: The Apple two? Did I have?
Speaker 3: Is that the one with the clear No?
Speaker 12: No, that's the Mac all the colors. Yeah, it was fire that was got that. We got that in our computer LABRAR We're like, what is this?
Speaker 1: They're only like four we got a share, all right?
Speaker 6: We Yeah, that is that's a subtle flick, subtle one. I want to continue this conversation, okay, the it will be a conversation on draft night and Jerry Jones has already alluded to that. Everybody's talked about it, trade up versus trade down. We've talked about trading up, and I know you got aren't wanting to do so, no I I My whole argument is that there are six names that I think can make your defense immediately better without any sort of red flags and any sort of question marks. And those were the six that I talked about there in Reese, Bailey, Styles, Delaine, Downs and Bank. Those six names, let me ask you this question. Five of them are probably gone and you're waiting on one.
Speaker 5: Leading into this topic, how many defensive players do you think going to top twenty?
Speaker 3: Jeez, I'll go buy.
Speaker 6: Let's just go by the We did a draft show mock draft last week that there was those six names, Pheneman, McCoy, Hood, mesador In Terrell.
Speaker 1: How many is that that is?
Speaker 3: I just counted through. I believe that's ten, so.
Speaker 1: I think eleven. I think eleven going to top twenty.
Speaker 3: Ten Yeah, yeah, eleven, So eleven going to top twenty. How many.
Speaker 5: Difference makers Year one difference makers? Do you think there are a defense side of bond Issue's draft four?
Speaker 1: He just said five, six, And I would throw.
Speaker 6: I would throw a Key Mesodor in there too. I think he would be like my six and a half. He's not as good as those guys.
Speaker 3: He's not in that top six day one, but I bet you got a pot. Yeah, yeah, he could possibly be there.
Speaker 6: That's that's where I'm at, because the other guys have question I have question marks with McCoy. It's the health hood, it's the technique, Mesador, it's it's partially the technique, partially the age he played six years in college to real it's the technique and maybe the processing.
Speaker 3: Ability all of them.
Speaker 6: I have question marks on not saying that the previous six guys are perfect process or prospects, but I have less questions in my evaluation of them than I do.
Speaker 5: The other How many guys would you take from Ohio State and just in general, almost all of them?
Speaker 3: And the top twenty with your twelve and twenty pick, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Reese Styles, I would throw Carnell Tay in there because I think he's a badass.
Speaker 3: Downs is everybody I'm missing? It's probably that's probably.
Speaker 5: It sounds like this, But as far as those picks he's talking about, yeah, four in the top twenty, where.
Speaker 3: Would you go, yeah, those three three or three minus tap?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Styles Styles will be first. All right, sorry, Styles or Downs. I'll take either one of those guys first. Yeah, I like both of them.
Speaker 3: Sure, Reese is cool, He's he's his position value.
Speaker 5: Yes, based upon the new scheme, he's he's kind of sneaky when you turn on his film.
Speaker 1: If you like CJ. Allen over Styles, what is the reason behind that.
Speaker 3: I like the Roga's cat too.
Speaker 1: I like to subjective leader.
Speaker 3: I like Rodriguez.
Speaker 1: I can't say it today in a box. I can say it.
Speaker 3: I've been through a lot.
Speaker 7: I could say it, go ahead, go dogs, But no, I think objectively speaking, all told Sonny Styles is a better linebacker than c. J.
Speaker 1: Allen.
Speaker 7: I do have him great a highre on my board. That again, this is just objectively speaking. The science is the science. I don't think that he beats out CJ. In every single category. I think you know, athleticism absolutely, Uh. Football acumen on Sonny Styles is outrageous, But I would argue that c. J. Allen's football acumen is slightly higher because we're talking.
Speaker 3: About a guy both. Yeah, but we're talking they're both gonna wear a guy.
Speaker 7: J Allen. We're talking about a guy who called the plays exactly every snap for Kirby Smart and that defense. And Jeorge I would.
Speaker 1: Argue verse six five to forty four.
Speaker 7: Yeah, position of flex athleticism, athleticism, not even just teleticism flex.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fair enough, fair enough because stop I mean Alan, no disrespect. I haven't seen his film or anything like that. Yah, that's y'all think excellent.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at a size he could play one position. Yeah, and he's actually yeah, he's he's not great in coverage, but he's.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, yeah, he's a mic. But what what I'm also his thing with c J.
Speaker 7: Allen is where he where he lacks in athleticism, he makes up in the ability to diagnose quickly, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: So so because he can diagnose quickly, it masks some of the the athletics deficiencies right where Sonny Styles. Again, this is not saying Sonny Styles is not of a high football like you. We just said it's outrageously high, but I do put CJ's a little bit higher.
Speaker 1: Sonny is just he's a freaking he's freakish.
Speaker 7: He's freakish athletically, but he doesn't top CJ in every single category.
Speaker 1: Is he more aggressive than CJ Allen at tackling and coverage? I would think so. I would argue that your defense, that defensive coordinator is looking for a guy that's going to be able to be the green dot, no doubt about it. And granted, if Sonny Styles is that guy, he's that guy. But to me, CJ Allen has the brain works in terms of defensive course.
Speaker 7: Sonny is more aggressive in coverage because he can be because.
Speaker 1: He's he came from the safety position right.
Speaker 7: Correct, but also because he's more athletically inclined to do so.
Speaker 3: CJ.
Speaker 7: He's not as aggressive in coverage. There are times where he second guesses in coverage because he wonders if he can kind of get there, But when it comes to run fits or a mobile quarterback, he's there. So I would argue he's better in run coverage and run dee, not run covers, but run defense than Sonny. But as a total athletic package who can do both. I'm going to get what position are you putting the Styles at Linebaker?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good question.
Speaker 1: What do I have overshown? Overshown is my will?
Speaker 3: Probably? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I love samar is my Sam. Okay, so then it has to be he's your mic. He has to bend and.
Speaker 3: He should be the mic in this system. Six foot five mic is crazy to be wild.
Speaker 7: But so then what's your orientation if you get him and you and you would prefer or unless you're saying you wouldn't prefer Demo.
Speaker 1: To be that's if he falls, which probably not.
Speaker 6: See And that's why I had my conversation. We're talking about a freak. This guy's awesome. Go up and get him, go and do it. Just stop being scared and go and make.
Speaker 3: A move and go get you a dude. But these are dudes.
Speaker 8: C J.
Speaker 6: Allen, By the way, I love c J. Allen and I've mocked him multiple times to Dallas on the Blitz on Drop Show, all of these different things. I had a little bird to get in my ear.
Speaker 3: And there might be some medical I haven't confirmed that yet, so I'm not going to say it specifically.
Speaker 6: There might be a medical leader that's a question mark, you know, if you start to see him slide, that might be why you need Kyle.
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 1: I need more than one guy. Yeah, that's the thing. You need more than one.
Speaker 6: Stop and I respect what you're saying. Who's the best player on your defense? Who's the best player, who's the best player on defense? Okay, who's your second best player on what positions do they play?
Speaker 3: That's interesting?
Speaker 6: What about like playmaking positions. Let's talk about like linebacker, ed rusher, corner, who's your best player.
Speaker 7: At skill positions when healthy? This is a team effort, Kyle.
Speaker 3: But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: You don't have You don't have cornerstone pieces to build around, and I don't and you have it, you don't.
Speaker 3: You have six names. I don't think that's what they're looking for. I think they're I think they're looking for I agree, I disagree.
Speaker 7: I agree they don't have the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have cornerstones.
Speaker 5: But like if you have a corner, some of that cornerstone gets hurt and you look behind them, ain't nobody there?
Speaker 3: Then what? That's football, that's part of That's what I do. Get hurt, that's the same gets hurt. That's the same. I got another quarterback, Sam? How you're talking about Sam?
Speaker 7: How listen? I think that I think there's cornerstones, and then they'll worry about the depth. Day three U df A free agency post draft type stuff. I don't think they're going into this draft saying we need to identify uh depth.
Speaker 5: I'm not talking about your brownies. I'm talking about not You might not get your number one player the boy, but you might get your second or third and he's still in your mind. Well right, totally, But don't give up your draft equity to go grab the number one guy and then you have nothing else to go grab because that's what it's going to require.
Speaker 7: So you see, you're saying draft equity, and this is what I won't ever have.
Speaker 5: To top twenty picks, but use them. You can have a top ten, top forty. It can reach and go get a player. And I say reach because you actually have to go up and grab the person, not reaching, meaning that that's outside of what you're cap doing.
Speaker 1: You have to reach and go grab a person.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna have the twentieth pick anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have thirty nine past the equity? Have you currently have two first round picks? Why the top twenty you need those?
Speaker 7: Why are so many stick let future picks to be factored into the trade Because.
Speaker 1: You don't have them.
Speaker 3: You do, and not only do you Davin Jones is negotiating.
Speaker 7: The Cowboy, And with that being said, the Cowboys have shown a proclivity recently last couple of off seasons to be willing more than more than I've seen in recent history, to give up future picks to try to improve this year's draft.
Speaker 1: So I say that to say the evidence is there on that side.
Speaker 5: Of the kind of the evidence is because we heard that conversation going into this offseason and we still have two top twenty picks. Well, you got two top twenty picks because also you still have two weeks into the draft. So I mean my point is saying, my point being, we didn't think that we're gonna be sitting here with two tops right before the draft start.
Speaker 3: That's stopped taking the beginning of the off season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I understand, but that's what gives That's what gives you the arsenal to go get you a doc.
Speaker 7: Let's I'm just saying, let's stop taking twenty twenty seven picks out of the equation for some reason, because for some reason, the crux of those arguments who say, well, you don't move what because you want at least your two picks that you have, you too.
Speaker 5: What is it in order to give up a top twenty pick this year's draft. Right is what if you're an organization and Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones call you, what do you need in return.
Speaker 1: For yes, you know that's a conversation. What no, no, no, it's on the phone.
Speaker 3: What does no C? What does no C need? Where does the conversation? I'll give you the break to think about it.
Speaker 6: When we come back, we'll talk about that and wrap things up here on this afternoon edition of Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 11: Getting at and t's best deal on the Samsung Galaxy S twenty six Ultra. Then you realize I do deserve the best, like this bubble bath, fancy soap, and even as face masks.
Speaker 8: Learn how new and existing a tent customers can get the new sounds and galic See S twenty six Ultra with Galaxy AI for zero dollars with eligible trading any condition requires trading of Galaxy S twenty four PLUSY for five or new or installment plan and eligible wireless plan minimum sixty dollars a month before discounts for eight and T value two point zero subject to change. Visit att dot com slash onan some for details.
Speaker 13: If you shout how about them Cowboys, you have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the.
Speaker 1: Game day lineup that can't be beat better.
Speaker 13: Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 1: The wins will be even tasteier.
Speaker 6: It's a pepper thing, Cowboys Vans. We've got big news. Black Rifle Energy is now available at Texas seven eleven stores, and for a limited time, you can score two cans for just six dollars at participating locations. These cans pack a serious punch, two hundred milligrams of caffeine, veteran crafted flavor, and the clean energy you need to power through.
Speaker 3: Those long days.
Speaker 6: So the next time you roll into your neighborhood seven eleven here in Texas, grab that two for six dollars Black Rifle Energy deal and fuel up the American way, Black Rifle Coffee, America's coffee.
Speaker 1: How's it going?
Speaker 3: You see that Cowboys game? Oh? I watched. I've been seeing some good things totally.
Speaker 1: They have some talent.
Speaker 7: You have some great talent, and they got some fight hoping this is the year me too.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm Cody. By the way, I'm Travis. Nice to meet you, Travis. Go Cowboys Go.
Speaker 10: Cowboys make a new friend based solely on their shirt choice. What would you like the power to do? Bank of America the official bank of the Dallas Cowboys, Copyright twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Bank of America Corporation to the Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 6: All right, welcome back, all rocking back into our discussion that has lasted three segments. For Patrick, what would it take for you to give up twenty to another player or to another team again as twelve or twenty? Who's on the phone and what players are on the board?
Speaker 1: This is not a cutting dry It's not a cutting dry answer.
Speaker 5: What do you what's the conversation starts with I need the at least this in return?
Speaker 1: What is it if you where you hold on? Hold on, hold on? You asked, who's still on the board, who's at twenty? At twenty.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, he's starting at twenty. Who wants to reach and go grab somebody? In this scenario, I don't see if I want to reach. I don't foresee Dallas reaching from twelve to go grab somebody. I'll see them sticking at twelve, but after twelve they might reach from twenty to maybe fifteen or sixteen. If you're a team and you're sitting at sixteen, right and Dallas calls you, a conversation starts.
Speaker 1: At what I want your second round pick?
Speaker 3: You need more than that, I know, but that's you said.
Speaker 5: The conversation starts at So I'm gonna say it is I'm swapping, swapping sixteen and total started the conversation, and you get swapping and second round pick.
Speaker 1: That's the starter of the conversation. That's the come on what you're good with that?
Speaker 6: No saying come on, like we what are we trying to do here? We're trying to revamp The depth is great.
Speaker 3: I love that question. But adding depth should have happened a while ago. It should have happened. We should be talking.
Speaker 1: About depth at twenty exactly, we should be talking about corners still safe death.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about having talent across the board. What we tend to do whenever draft comes around is we want to get that one dog, right, that one guy that we absolutely know.
Speaker 3: But in order sometimes when you're sitting at.
Speaker 5: Twelve to have that absolute dog, you got to give up some of your other pieces that would have allowed for you to spread the talent out evenly. You don't want to find yourself back. I think Dallas, the Cowboys organization, is getting away from having just that one premier guy and not having anybody else across the board that can make contributions. I think that they're headed towards having talented guys all across the defense that can make contributions from every angle, instead of saying, Josh, we gotta.
Speaker 1: Worry about that guy right there.
Speaker 3: Let's figure out a way to shut him down and then we're good everywhere else. I don't think that's what they want. I don't think they want that anymore.
Speaker 1: No, and I agree with you, I think they're I think we're all on the same page that way. But I think a trade from twenty to fifteen sixteenes like at that point just stick and pick man. At that point, if anything, you want to trade before twelve.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if anything, none of us anything, None of us are standing here saying they're one dog away, right, Nobody is saying that they're at least they're probably three four guys from tour Stone guys.
Speaker 3: To go from twelve to six, cow is gonna take more than a second rounder. No, that's the like, that's the points that like work out together.
Speaker 7: In the twelve is valued that twelve hundred points five, which is well six. Cleveland is valued at sixteen hundred points, four hundred point difference. Cleveland's second round pick is worth five ten.
Speaker 3: You can make it work.
Speaker 1: You can make it work.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You could make it work. I don't they're going to look at you and be like, hey, this is a slight overpay. You can make it.
Speaker 1: Are you keeping twenty?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: At that point, so you want to trade up from twelve? Right, you want to trade up from twelve?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the conversation starts at six.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to three because that's that's where we would get in to what isaiahs talker, kind of wagering your future. Yeah, I don't think you're wagering your future if you're flipping twelve and twenty for six and thirty thirty nine, that that doesn't hurt you as much as it would if you're wagering this year, next year, a player, whatever it may be, to move up to three, and then go get a guy that you might want. No, no, no, See what happens in the first five picks. If one of those six names is going to be there, whichever one you value the higher, then you get on the phone and see if you can work something up. Don't get overpaid or over taxed or whatever it may be. Don't do something dumb. But if it's within realm of possibility and you're not going to wager your entire draft to do it, go get yourself a dog.
Speaker 3: That's where I'm at. I'm not just wagering everything the way. I like your approach. I just don't think that other teams are going to receive it that way.
Speaker 6: Is Cleveland has already been vocal about wanting to trade out though. That's why that's a that's been a conversation.
Speaker 7: Also, the problem was you were never going to fill all of these needs in the draft, which is why you need it to attack free agency a certain way, which is why it's unfortunate that it's April ninth and you haven't addressed the line, but haven't been able to address the linebacker situation.
Speaker 3: We're in this spot because you so there you go.
Speaker 6: If they would have addressed free agency the way that I think all of us anticipated them, you would address it, we would be having this.
Speaker 3: We'd say, Wow, what is twelve gonna be? And what is twenty going to be? Now you've got to maneuver to make it assay?
Speaker 1: Still still two weeks?
Speaker 3: There are two weeks way two weeks?
Speaker 6: All right, that doesn't for us. You're on top and Cowboys, hope you have fun. We're going to be back at our normal time next week ten am Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Be there be square scare money, don't make money for Patrick O. C.
Speaker 6: Walker, for Josh Roderriguez, Isaiah Late standback for Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by Standbacks Bees Chris.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.