Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys blowing out of the backfield, exploding down the sideline.
Speaker 3: He is hanging with the voice presented by Wingstuck where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts, Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly, and Shannon.
Speaker 4: Gross, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 5: It's top Day look alive at.
Speaker 4: Tostitos Championship Plaza outside Fort Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas, where I don't have the weather, so we're gonna skip that part.
Speaker 6: Come on.
Speaker 7: I am so sorry, so sorry.
Speaker 4: It is sixty two degrees with high of sixty five, the low is forty six, and in Buffalo it's thirty eight, the high of thirty eight and low.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: That is Shannon. He is Kurt in the back keeping us live up and going don't don't go ahead, on ahead, no go ahead and got on Kirk keeping us up in live. I am Zaddy Holly. He is the birthday boy birthday Yo.
Speaker 9: It's happy birthday Joe Yo, Happy birthday to Kurd, Happy birthday Jesy, Happy birthday, Shannon grows.
Speaker 10: I can't wait till you get sixty nine. That's what you're really gonna be down.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be going at it. How old are you today?
Speaker 8: Sixty? Hey, I got some the same case.
Speaker 6: Hey, y ooh you finished?
Speaker 7: Yes, they say, finally it is a traffic jam in Buffalo. They have stopped and running.
Speaker 6: On Wednesday.
Speaker 8: Oh man, this segment has brought to you.
Speaker 10: Each in this show was brought to you every week by Wingstop.
Speaker 8: Whereas its.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I'm a little a little occupied over here. We got a dope.
Speaker 4: We got Christmas gifts from our our good buddy that made us our Hanging with the Boys sign.
Speaker 5: This is pretty pancake customs. Wow he made us.
Speaker 4: Yes they're a little too heavy to have Christmas tree, but he owns a metal fab shop.
Speaker 8: Wow, this is pretty dope.
Speaker 5: Yeah he made Uh he made that.
Speaker 4: If you remember several couple of months ago, I guess he made the Hanging with the Boy sign that's back there with Chris, and he made us custom Christmas ornaments out of sheet metal.
Speaker 6: Better keep this paper.
Speaker 5: And you to to Chris. We got you one. Kurtz had these in his office for a out about a week.
Speaker 6: Arthy is Cool was a knockle. You got something.
Speaker 8: Going, Yeah, it's got one.
Speaker 4: Oh my man, Josh got Josh.
Speaker 8: We need to put this Scott in the middle of the table.
Speaker 5: That way, I don't forget his name at the end of the show. Every day, Chris, you got one? And who else has one?
Speaker 6: In here?
Speaker 5: Let's see who brother?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 6: Kurt got one?
Speaker 5: He didn't leave Kurt on the porch.
Speaker 6: There you go, Kurt giving his paper. Give him that paper to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got got one more jasmine. There we go. So appreciate that, man, Just hey.
Speaker 6: Lift it up. I know it's heavy, Kurt.
Speaker 4: But not only will we do stuff for money, we do stuff for gifts too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 8: If you want to, does all especially big black men.
Speaker 5: Get shouted out send us free stuff?
Speaker 6: This is pretty?
Speaker 8: Yeah, this is pretty.
Speaker 5: That is really neat.
Speaker 6: If we if we go to the super Bowl, we're going to set it back on the paper.
Speaker 7: We're trying some kind of set it back on the paper, man, because we don't want to scratch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'll scratch it.
Speaker 6: Start crying.
Speaker 8: How we're doing today, man, we're great.
Speaker 6: I'm going to the doctor. How about you stop? I ain't stop.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, I did decide.
Speaker 4: So I talked to a buddy of mine that had emergency dental surgery over the weekend. He had to go to one of these chop shops and like a strip mall because it was the only thing that was opened, and had to get his tooth pulled out.
Speaker 5: And I was like, be just my luck.
Speaker 4: This year I get down to Mexico and my.
Speaker 6: Tooth rocks out.
Speaker 8: So so I'm going.
Speaker 10: I'm like, not not to be morbid, but Christmas in the Christmas holiday is the number one time of the year for depths. It is, and the reason being is most doctors and surgeon are on duty, are taking off, so people they put some time in in something. So you're getting the second and third straight guys you get. You get the practice squad guys.
Speaker 7: From Chris right, guards that say you don't want that to be that guy.
Speaker 8: You get those.
Speaker 10: So if you have something like cardiac or something like that, you're not you're not getting that.
Speaker 8: You're not getting over Chris.
Speaker 10: Listen, the eight squad is in is an aspen at the at that cabin.
Speaker 7: And they say over time, when you have a bad too, that decay kind of goes.
Speaker 6: That's what you get. In your body. Ascids can't break it down. So what you get usself?
Speaker 7: Any of your arteries and then your hearty start the little chips are clogging. Yes, you have a son that you should be caring about. You have your kid.
Speaker 6: It's almost completely but you if you would have went to the doctor, look at that still swollen.
Speaker 8: That ain't the same.
Speaker 5: It's getting better. It's almost good.
Speaker 8: We also got to give a shout to my guy Danny Noah.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: Danny.
Speaker 10: Danny is heads up the Fellowship Christian Athletes, a long time friend of give their name again.
Speaker 6: Yes, Danny Noah, he says, uh.
Speaker 10: He texted me this morning, says all we loved listening to you guys and the fellas on hanging with the boys.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 10: I'm currently on a sabbatical relaxing, recharging and enjoying you guys each day of the year. Since his daughter is in surgery today, so during the podcast, so giving up some thoughts and prayers as his daughters in surgery. We're thinking about you, my good friend, Danny Noah, hope your daughter gets through this. I shouldn't have said them over apart, and then says the eighth Squad wouldn't be here and then says, Danny, daughter is getting serched, but.
Speaker 6: She already got it.
Speaker 10: But she already got They haven't left yet. They haven't left on on their on their on every time. But yeah, thoughts and prayers with you, yes, Danny and your daughter, hopefully for a healthy, successful surgery and an amazing recovery.
Speaker 5: Mary, Chris, Merry Christmas.
Speaker 4: And by the way, our guys' names over at Pancake Customs are Brad White and David Pancake what a what a name David David And you can follow them on on on Instagram Arc Life Fat A R C L I F E F A B.
Speaker 8: This is dope. This is dope, man, I like this.
Speaker 6: This is really cool. Is this is dope?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's something you keep that for years together.
Speaker 8: That's a really cool. Yeah.
Speaker 7: When I take this home and my wife will be trying to get me the tacking on the door and even go tae down the door.
Speaker 6: I'm putting my round. I'm putting my right on the door. Man.
Speaker 5: It's thick. It's thick.
Speaker 4: Speaking of thick, how about this offense, Well, we're gonna be facing.
Speaker 7: We're going to defense defense defense today.
Speaker 11: I want to talk about their offense were talking about yesterday. Man, we could do a whole three.
Speaker 8: Shows doing this just defense than I think.
Speaker 7: Just let me ask you this and you don't go in detail over all the history of football we.
Speaker 6: Have watched collectively.
Speaker 7: I remember when the Rams had that team.
Speaker 6: Is this team faster?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Okay? Is it really?
Speaker 6: Because the defense are fast and the offensive.
Speaker 5: So let's talk about the defense.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, they this.
Speaker 7: Let me say this right now, and I'm gonna get blasted for this, but just say whatever you feel and blame it on Jesse.
Speaker 8: I'll take it. I'll take it.
Speaker 7: This defense that the bill that the offense have I think is a better version of us. Yes, they play, Yeah, I was thinking the safety. I'm telling you, Bro, birthday brought some back.
Speaker 6: I mean I was thinking about that at the car. Say you know what, I'm gonna blame it on Jess and that way I can get it off.
Speaker 7: But when you they want to lead, Yeah, they want if they get They got forty eight sacks and they got five guys with five sacks and more.
Speaker 6: They run a three four defense.
Speaker 7: Uh, they give up twenty one points a game, Uh, three hundred and seventeen yards a game.
Speaker 6: They give up ninety yards.
Speaker 7: Rushing and the better thing is it's three point seven a carry. So this team haven't beaten what we so so called called playoff teams, but they are setting themselves up and they're in the end of their season.
Speaker 6: This is their big challenge.
Speaker 7: Dallas defense is gonna be a big challenge even though we didn't do what we normally do as a team defensively, They're gonna look at this as a challenge and they gonna they want, they gonna, they gonna.
Speaker 6: You know, do what they do.
Speaker 7: But I mean, e s human, They're gonna look at our offense as a challenge. We're talking about their defense.
Speaker 8: They're a better version in the oh, they are a.
Speaker 7: Better version because they have let let me go Bradley Chubb nine sacks, six forced fumbles, nine tackles for loss, six for Zach Zaylor is unpronouncing that.
Speaker 6: Right, s I E L E R.
Speaker 7: Seven sacks, that's the defensive tackle, one interception, nine tackles for loss.
Speaker 6: Defense.
Speaker 7: Jalen Phillips six and a half sacks, one interception, and he's a linebacker.
Speaker 6: And I just wrote Jalen down here. I know you're gonna talk.
Speaker 7: About Chris Wilkinson, another guy defensive tackle, eight sacks, fellas ten tackles for loss. These guys are ten and three. And as much as people talk about their offense, they don't care about time of possession. They care about just let us get on the field. We'll score in two seconds or we'll score in thirty five minutes. It don't matter. We gonna be out here to score. So their defense is what they got fourteen and fourteen interceptions? Is that fourteen fumble recoveries.
Speaker 6: Let me look at this, let me let me go.
Speaker 5: Back the second.
Speaker 7: They have nine fumbles and thirteen interceptions. And so these people, quiet is kept. Even though Buffalo is creeping up on them.
Speaker 6: Quiet is kept.
Speaker 7: This team is poised and ready to go, and all they need is that team to beat.
Speaker 6: They need that team.
Speaker 7: They had a shot at Philadelphia, but they had three offensive linemen missing, they had three starters, and they got beat by Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: But they are poised and ready to go. You look at their record. They have some ugly.
Speaker 7: Losses, but they're poison ready to go. And I'm leges just breaking breaking on down a little deeper, you know.
Speaker 6: Second in sacks.
Speaker 4: In the NFL, third and pressures. Five players have at least four sacks, three have at least seven.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks, they are awesome, man, I didn't realize their defense was.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know what it's man. I'm so glad you said what you said, because I was thinking the same thing as I'm watching UH. As I'm watching the film, I'm going, boy, this is this is reminiscence of what we have now. I think Michael Parsons is a superior player. And they're without Jalen Phillips now he uh tore his achilles, so he's he's out for the season. But when you look at what they do and and it starts with their defensive coordinator. And if you know what the defense cordator is, Vic Fangio. He was a defensive coordinator when he was in Detroit. Excuse me, in Denver. Yeah, he famously came out with when Denver beat the Cowboys with we have the blueprint on how to beat the Cowboys right and and it was something that even when you go back and look, I thought at that time in Denver, the way that Denver was set up, and he set his defense up pretty much like it was set up in in Uh. In Denver, of course brought over Jack Bradley Chubb from Denver is as well. But when when when in Denver that AFC West. Think about the guy that he had to go up against every single week. You had to go up against the Raiders, who at that time was trying to have a high profile office. You had to go up against Kansas City, you had to go up against the Chargers. So you had all these offices that you had kind of had, high powered down the field, receivers, quarterback that can throw.
Speaker 8: And I thought Vic did a really.
Speaker 10: Good job at building that defense like you should to stop your division opponents. And when you look at Miami, it's set to play really well against what we want to do defensively. They're not a heavy blitzed team, right. They blitzed less than thirty percent of the time, So they're not looking to get pressure by adding guys, you know, by blitzing or doing like that. They like to get pressure. What they're front four. You can start with Christian Wilkinson. He's the cat that really kind of up front of the heavies. He's the kind of one he's a big dude, but he's but he's athletic.
Speaker 8: He's slithery. You know he can. He has a good combo of I can.
Speaker 10: I can give you some power, but I can also give you some quick twitch muscle movements beat you off the snap. He's one of another one of those guys, the big boys inside who still want to get after the quarterback. He wants to do his dances, right like that's what Christian Wilkinson. He wants to get out there and he wants to jig a little bit. When he gets a sackle, he gets some pressure, and then you have, I think, which is the X factor. Bradley Chubb not the X factor, but Bradley Chubb is a really good rusher off the edge.
Speaker 8: But it's it's this Andrew Van Ginkle jin jin what is his name? G I n K E L. How do you say that? Ginkle Van Ginkle, Andrew Van Ginkle.
Speaker 10: He's one of the type of players that I just called a football playing dude, right like he he he's just a football playing dude. He's he's aggressive, he's has a motor, he can tackle, he can rush. Nothing about him kind of overly excites you. Like he doesn't pop off the film, but he's always on the film.
Speaker 8: If that makes any sense.
Speaker 10: Like he's always around the football, He's always in there for tackle. He's always in there just creating havoc. Right, so I think he is the X factor. He'll be rushing over top of Terren Steele. So you gotta understand for Terry Steele, this guy has a motor like he has that he falls into that. It sounds crazy, but like you know, you always about the white guys have the motor, but he falls into that TJ. Watt Crosby type motor. Like they're never going to stop coming after you. Play after play after play after play. They're gonna continuously come at you. And the moment you blink and you give up, you know, you give up, you take a breath.
Speaker 8: They'll beat you.
Speaker 10: And then on the back end, right, they for a long time when they had Jaylen Ramsey to start the year injured, came back.
Speaker 8: And he's been playing some really good football.
Speaker 10: Opposite of him is Xavian Howard, who's of the bigger of the two corners. They're both pretty pretty sizable dudes, but they got two guys that kid that play good football. They still interceptions still the guys or they little longer in the tooth.
Speaker 8: Now, No, they can still play.
Speaker 10: I mean the skill set is still that Jayalen Ramsey can still run with you, still athletic.
Speaker 8: You know, he's smart.
Speaker 10: Same thing like, these are two very skilled guys, which while they play the way that they play, they go, well, we're not we're not trying to to to to to create pressure with blitzing. We're gonna just play our coverage. We're gonna play our guys on their sides. We'll match Jalen Ramsey up with anybody if we have to. They're primarily are cover three team and they'll disguise it, so they'll so what they'll do is they'll disguise it where it looks like a too high shell. Now this may change because when you watch the film, of course, when you go back and you watch what Vic Fangio did in Denver, and then you watch the film last week and gets Buffalo who paid a ton of too high shell. The second player of the game with Dak Prescott missed Brandon Coops over the top. That was one of the only snaps that they got that look of a single high safety in that game. So the Dolphin, while they primarily want to go cover three they'll start with the cover two look, so it'll look like they have two high safeties, and then on the snap you'll see one safety come down and support, and then they'll move to the suit the single high safety. Now, the difference is when you have Xavian Howard and Jayalen Ramsey, you just kind of feel like we got better corners that if you guys try to go deep with the Cooks or Lamb or whoever, these guys are good enough to stay with you. But defensively overall, what they want to do is they want to rush three I mean sorry, they want to rush for they want to drop seven, right, they want they want to drop seven their coverage. And that's one of the things when you look at Dak that that he struggled with a little bit, is is that being able to sift through the multiple defenders, being able to sift through all.
Speaker 8: The stuff that's happening.
Speaker 10: Because this offense is a timing offense the Texas Coast or they here we Go offense, whatever you want to call.
Speaker 8: It, it's it's a tex it's a it's a timing offense.
Speaker 10: And you hear Dak, and you hear Mike McCarthy and Brian show and talk about the routes are mirror to the to the steps or to the feet.
Speaker 8: Of the quarterback.
Speaker 10: Right, So if I have a three step drop, all of my routes are in combination with that. So it's one, two, three, Now I'm looking to get the ball out that's not there first, then it's four or five. Where's my next portion of this that's having to read through those zones.
Speaker 6: And they have some.
Speaker 10: Pretty good pass rushers up front, So the Cowboys are gonna be tasked with with the with the ability to have to be able to run precise routes kind of sift through this thing. And if Zach Martin is not playing this week, we're still kind of on the on the fence about that that that's gonna be another situation because they're going to attack that our right side. Their left side is where Van Ginkel and a lot of times Christian Wilkinson. Christian Wilson will go up and down that defensive line, but he'll play primarily a lot on that left side. The linebackers, okay, they're decent linebackers, right, They're nothing to cry home about, to scream home about. They're okay, linebackers, who you know, the best thing is they want to keep those guys clean. But overall, this defense, when it's at its best, it's because that offense gave them a ten, thirteen, fourteen point lead.
Speaker 6: Where now sounds familiar.
Speaker 10: Sounds very familiar. They're at their best. Bradley Chubb and Christian Wilkinson and Andrews and all those guys, they're at their best when that high power offense who, by the way, can they can score in one play like they said, they can score literally can score one play. They can score in ten plays from any position, from anyway, from your quarterback.
Speaker 5: You're running backs, your tight ends, your.
Speaker 10: Receivers, from anyway. That everybody in that offense got an opportunity. The pass catchers, the skill guys catch it and go. So this defense, if they can get out to a lead, when you see them at their best. You know, if you watch a little bit of the Jet game last week, I kind of try to stay away from games like that just because of the lopsided this on it. But these dudes defensively for the Dolphins are at their best when that offense is given them a little bit of a lead, a little bit of a cushion where now they can go out there and kind of do their one two and not have to worry about the consequences of, you know, things not really working out for them when they're When they're not good, it's for the very same reason when that offense don't give them nothing, and now the they have.
Speaker 8: To shelter the load of it that they're not a good defense.
Speaker 5: Race to get the lead.
Speaker 8: It's a race.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what thing is this and I'm.
Speaker 10: Right you win the coin toss Cowboys, you're the visitors. You get to call it. Take the football. Take the football.
Speaker 6: Because it could be ugly either way if you take the football. Now, just this what men you made different?
Speaker 8: Can we hold that because we get to a break.
Speaker 10: Let's get to a break and then we can talk about our differences on the other side.
Speaker 4: Party today birthday, we'll be right back on hanging with the birthday party.
Speaker 2: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Lay Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kierro's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Yo Kiro's wide range.
Speaker 2: Of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section.
Speaker 8: Grab some today.
Speaker 12: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and od's with me Everson Walls. With Star Sports Tours, you can is it Cowboys travel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 13: See geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are, So whether you're a diehard fan or a dog with a care fan, we got him next time fan or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to so whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan? See geek has you covered? Download the sea Geek after day seed geek? You're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys seats. How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 14: Crispy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Windstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corse.
Speaker 8: I think you've heard him.
Speaker 14: Get your flavor delivered at Winstop dot Com.
Speaker 8: Back hanging with the bulls.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to the second segment, brought to each and every day by Blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 5: Chain blockchain dot Com. All right, you guys have some differences.
Speaker 7: Now it may be a difference. This is what I believe. I think our defense is so ify right now to if it's if we're on the inside the twenty and it's a third down situation and we don't get the first kick the field goal coach, people say, well, you got to keep up with Miami. I ain't looking at it that way. If you have a chance to score.
Speaker 6: Score.
Speaker 7: I just believe that in this game, unless you're down by fourteen at the jump, you down by fourteen at the jump, you have no choice but to just school school school. But if you within six to seven points, get the three. Get the three. Because the way these games are being played with a minute and something left. Last these last few weeks, things have been real close and real shady.
Speaker 6: So just score, coach.
Speaker 7: If it's fourth and two and it's on the six, man, just kick the field goal.
Speaker 6: Now, Jess, you may think a little different than big dude.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm on the opposite of that.
Speaker 10: I'm with the folks that's saying you're gonna have to score. I just believe that you're gonna have to keep up with this offense. This offense when it's hitting Miami's, when it's hitting me, we'll get We'll get more of that. We might need two seconds for that too long. Brother, Wow, that's some sweet stuff over there.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 4: Y'all were talking about how similar the defensive defense. The teams are kind of similar as a whole, because neither one of them really have beaten teams over five hundred. I don't think the Dolphins have beat one team over five hundred and the Cowboys have beaten what one two Eagles.
Speaker 7: And at the time it was a Hall Seattle. Yeah, at the time time they probably back even.
Speaker 11: And both really explosive, both have really good quick defenses.
Speaker 6: What what.
Speaker 10: And again we'll get into offense tomorrow. What But what makes this Miami's offense a little bit makes it a lot bit scary to what we do defensively, is it's the It's the eye candy, it's it's it's the.
Speaker 8: Dressing, the trickery. It's the motions and.
Speaker 5: The sets, the swagginess of the coach.
Speaker 10: I mean like they are going to they challenge you and force you defensively to play your keys, to properly play your alignments, assignments. This this, this is an offense Miami's where you can't. Like I said it last week, it's gonna be the same this week.
Speaker 6: Faster.
Speaker 10: You can't. You can't. You can't play hero ball like there is. You can't have eleven Batman's like you gotta have all right, cool, we got a Batman. We need we need ten robins like you need ten. You can't have multiple dudes trying to do heroic things because if they get an edge, if they get a crease, Raheem Moster, you'll see his brick lights. They line up Tyreek Hill in the backfield, you'll see his break lights. You'll see waddle, You'll see his break lights. Like these dudes, how do.
Speaker 4: You say a change's last name?
Speaker 8: You just said it, Yeah, a chain.
Speaker 6: Just looking at his you.
Speaker 10: See a change, You're gonna see his break lights. So, I mean eight average and Raheem Moster got twenty touchdowns twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Some teams don't have twenty.
Speaker 8: He got twenty by himself. So so yeah.
Speaker 10: But but defensively, if I am, if I am attacking this defense, this is another one of those games where I'm thinking, let's get back to let's get back to handle that ball off to Tony Pollard. This is gonna be one of those Nate games. It's gonna be no, no, no, this this is this is a this is a top possession game.
Speaker 6: I was laughing because.
Speaker 7: For once, it's gonna take more than just we don't lose back to back. Yeah, we don't know, you know, And I listen to a lot of our media, Oh well you got, I'm saying the cowboy just because you haven't in history recent history says, okay, the Cowboys have been able to come back that second game and win.
Speaker 6: Did desemmerate the second game time of the years.
Speaker 10: You know, it's always you know, I love about streaks and stats like that that we always go the positive end of it, right right the Cowboys, you know, or like you know, when things that happened, sometimes you have to say to yourself, well, the same way we built up a streak, the opposite industry can happen as well.
Speaker 8: The Cowboys and ain't.
Speaker 10: Known the last two seasons where they haven't lost the eight no outter losing the game.
Speaker 8: Eventually, that's gonna come to an end at some point in time.
Speaker 10: It has to write. It has to come to an end. You don't want it to happen this week. But but back to how you attack this defense.
Speaker 8: I do think you know, when you go back and you just watch Tony.
Speaker 10: Pollot was running the football like hard, like he ran the football with the purpose. He seems as if he's kind of finally gotten like his full mental health back, mental and physical like just he he looks like I'm back right like physically looks like I'm back but then this is gonna be one of those games where you gotta attack the middle of that defense. And I know that they're talking about, you know, single high, but there's opportunities like those line Those linebackers to me aren't good cover people. They aren't good support people. They're okay, they're okay for This is another one of those things where you gotta just kind of methodically beat this team because what you don't want. You don't want multiple three and outs because of the explos Like the Cowboys offense is really really really good in it in my opinion, it's not as explosive as this as the Miami offense. And what you don't want to do is consistently put your team defensively back on the field.
Speaker 8: Buffalo had the ball time.
Speaker 10: Of possession for almost eleven more minutes than the Cowboys, and that seemed like a short amount of time in reality, and football, boy, that's tough on your defense. And that was just trying to stop the run when you gotta just like even if even if Waddle or Tyreek Hill, even if they don't catch the ball, there is a healthy fear in the back of your mind when they turn on the Jets. You gotta turn on the Jets too, So you're doing that over and over and over and over again. Wears you out as a defender. So the Cowboys, I think offensively there you have to really look at and I hope that Zach Martin is able to play this game, because he's gonna be necessary upfront, really establishing that run game.
Speaker 8: Because if those guys can pin their ears back.
Speaker 10: And come after you, Christian wilk is gonna have whether it's TJ. Bass or what is uh Tyler like, he gonna he's gonna he's gonna play around with them two kids up front.
Speaker 4: If Zach's not one hundred percent, what are you doing scratching my legs?
Speaker 8: Don't worry about that.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 5: Look what happens under the table stays under the table.
Speaker 6: She's not said gesture, ignored that. I couldn't.
Speaker 8: It was like, get me in my face.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you jingling under the table, look at me in mine one hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 8: Stop you spilling my leg. Don't let me in the face when you do that.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I'm looking at breaking at you even not even like my putting my hand.
Speaker 8: You look me in the.
Speaker 5: Middle of my thigh.
Speaker 6: Not even this dude calmed down. Chris brains for water.
Speaker 15: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 8: They snapped the fresh guy who looks right at you. There pe escape flap. He'll work for a first down. Just like football.
Speaker 15: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 8: Preus Scott's gonna run this himself. Run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 15: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 8: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 15: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 14: How's Wingstop sound Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed. Toss in those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop branch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corse. I think you've heard enough. Get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 13: See if gieg has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a with a care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Geek not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're a here every week fan or haven't been here in years fan, seat Geek has you covered. Download the sea Geek. After the seat Geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 16: James right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. Do you know how much I love my Cowboys? And I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice up the game. That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 8: Enter today hanging with the boards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 4: The last segment brought to you each and every day by Jigsaw, official dating partner of the.
Speaker 5: You Got It You just Gotta scratch it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, called Jigsaw Jaw help you out.
Speaker 8: I can't get some some assistance with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 4: So my question before we went to break and I made eye contact with Jesse while I was scratching my leg and brought the whole show to us, then if Zach is not one hundred percent, let's.
Speaker 11: Say he's TJ bass as your man, so you don't play him, you let him rest.
Speaker 7: If he's seventy five percent, you're talking about a quad and that thing go back the other way.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be ugly. I've just never known guys who Jesse, I've seen guys a quads. Have you ever had one?
Speaker 8: My friend?
Speaker 7: Because the guys that I know that had them, they either could play and that thing is about about heal or they can't play.
Speaker 6: It ain't no in between things.
Speaker 10: And I always think about, like, like you know, we did we talked about the hankers and the injury, right, I think it's always something different. I'm a skilled guy, so like at my playing days, I'm two hundred and fifteen pounds. That's a lot easier to throw around the football field than the dude who's three hundred pounds, right, And for a guard, everything that you do is about anchoring. So I need my feet, ankle, knee, quads, hammy hips to kind of all be in line right right. So anything that kind of gives me a situation where I can't really I can't anchor down like I want to, or it hurts me to get into that squatting type stance.
Speaker 8: And that's what that is. Like you think about a quad get down.
Speaker 6: Every time you get out, you gotta bend that.
Speaker 10: You gotta bend down. You gotta hold that quad. And then when you gotta when it comes time to take on.
Speaker 6: That and then to come up, you gotta right use it.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm saying. So, like that's a tough deal.
Speaker 10: So I don't know how deep of a quad bruise this is, because the quard will puts you down like it'll put you it'll.
Speaker 7: Put a whole season because they didn't keep that knee bent and warm.
Speaker 6: That is one injury.
Speaker 7: You cannot let it get cold, because it's all about blood flowing. It's all about not letting it scar up. When it's straight. Once it's scarred, when it's straight, you are through.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 4: So you you you played the two fifteen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what you are now?
Speaker 4: Dang?
Speaker 6: You would ask him that he's smiling, y'all? Stock, I mean, you carry it well, but you look you look a lot.
Speaker 4: You look a lot bigger than to fifteen thick, but you're muscular.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you notice that? What you know?
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 8: About to.
Speaker 7: You know, you just stop and say, wow, what what we just did on the ship.
Speaker 6: Two thirty?
Speaker 8: Put you up that heavyweight or light heavyweight, that's heavy, that's heavyweight. Put anything over to I mean Mike Tyson for the two twenty, Yeah, unbelievable knocking fools out.
Speaker 5: There were to seventy two eighty.
Speaker 6: Jeez, a custom model when he failed, that hurt Mike.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, customer model.
Speaker 7: But anyway, back to the game, man, I hope, I mean, I hope the Miami Dollins ain't got no custom models.
Speaker 10: But talk to just a little bit about the Cowboys offense. You know, this is this is also a bounce back game for I think Dak and Mike McCarthy because you I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't. I don't know what game plan that was brought to Buffalo. I don't.
Speaker 10: I don't know what game plan was brought to Buffalo. It wasn't a good one. Whatever it was, it wasn't a good one.
Speaker 7: I can tell you this. I noticed for one hundred percent. It wasn't to get behind by fourteen hours.
Speaker 8: That's that's a fact. That's a fact.
Speaker 5: I don't think they're playing that.
Speaker 2: Oh bro, the game plans significantly different depending on rotor home.
Speaker 8: I mean, I know they're very.
Speaker 10: Team team no no, not road home doesn't matter what teams like weather can help like weather helps change that. But I just felt like they never really got into any sort of rhythm, like from the start, not even when they got behind, like just from the from the jump. It's just never really And if you're gonna look at it's a copycat league, so you kind of already know what what's gonna happen.
Speaker 8: Defensively, we said it.
Speaker 10: You know, the the Miami has one hundred They rush one hundred thirty yards a game, right, so guess what you just gave up over two hundred and sixty yards last week. You think Miami's not coming to the party saying, well, we're gonna see if you we're gonna see it.
Speaker 8: We got that check innge light fix, because if you didn't, it'll be another.
Speaker 5: Tooe averaging five point one carry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and haven't they struggled this year when those like Buffalo did play those safeties deep too.
Speaker 8: When you're talking about so how do you attack that the run? Because because here's why.
Speaker 10: If you're gonna play two high safeties back, if you're gonna play that shell coverage, right, that means that you're gonna have what we call or consider a light box. A light box means the guys that are inside that box linebackers and the guys up front. Normally it's gonna be your four down lineman and then your two linebackers.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 10: So now you're saying, if if I got five to match their five, and I got a tight end to match the six on six, that's considered a light box, and that's a running box. Most quarterbacks will comes to the line if you see if you see a six man box, you're saying, I like.
Speaker 8: Our chances, Let's run the football.
Speaker 10: With Now we can even we don't have even if we don't have a a six block, a six blocker to match, I could run away from him right, so I can. I can leave a guy uncovered on the backside, whether it be a defensive end, whether it be a backside linebacker, and most of the time it's the defensive end.
Speaker 8: If I'm running, if I'm running something.
Speaker 10: Right to the outside, I'll let him free and I'll catch that backside linebacker as my cutback lane.
Speaker 8: So if there's a light box, you gotta run into it. You have to force them.
Speaker 10: And that's the part I didn't understand about the Cowboys in Buffalo was they kept giving you a light box. You kept giving Buffalo a light box. They kept running into the light box. You didn't run into their light box. So if they're gonna have a six man box, which we considered again a light box, you gotta run. And now I gotta force that defensive coordinator to say we're gonna either now have to add another player in there, whether that be a linebacker or nickelback, or bring the safety now because now I have to get Now I have to start putting one more than you can block.
Speaker 8: And then that's when you gotta take.
Speaker 10: Advantage of the passing down the field. But they're gonna just play too hot, shew. You have to take what they give you. They give you the run.
Speaker 8: Now you gotta block it up, right.
Speaker 10: You gotta be able to block it up and say, okay, light box, we're gonna run on that and be and be diligent with the run and and in hope that they'll now have to either like I said, start blitzing you, run blitzing you, adding another guy or bringing that safety. Now, when they do that, now I have the opportunity for crossing routes, for deep routes, for polls, for combination routes that I can now get some big chunks down the field. But teams, like I said, copycat league Buffalo puts something out there on film. Vic already thinks he has the blueprint for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Y'all have not done a good job of making me feel good about this game.
Speaker 7: Knew it it, it learned it somewhere, dow it come on on Wednesday, king somewhere.
Speaker 4: Usually the doubt doesn't creep in until Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 8: This is gonna be a tough game. Wednesday.
Speaker 5: Y'all have put it in.
Speaker 10: This is gonna be it's it's styles, make fights, this style of of of offense for the Cowboys. From Miami's perspective, it's it's it's it's a it's an offense that.
Speaker 8: Want to play fans, Yeah, like you want to play quick. This is one of those one runs man. Well you just.
Speaker 4: Miami is a one and a half point favorite over unders fifty one.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking over.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking way over, which probably means it'll be like seven.
Speaker 6: I know this right here.
Speaker 7: And we keep saying we're gonna talk about the offense tomorrow. We all leak back to the offense. Don't miss corners, don't miss That's all I'm saying. And you can't play one step behind. Oh I'm gonna set up this dude, Okay. Oh, I'm just saying. All we gotta do is turn Ferguson loose on these cats. You think that's the key, Yes, you say they linebackers a week. Turn Ferguson loose, Turn Tony Pollard loose on these when they go a light box, hit them quick wire options with your tight end. Throw some uh some rollouts which running backside of the backfield, make them go one on one, make them go, make them happen. I remember one game was playing and uh, they was acting that way with us. The Giants was with that two deep box. Northy. I'm tired of that. He came right in, Jimmy looking at hey, coach he coached. I got it, Jay, get ready, Emmitt, you finish catch some balls coming out of his backfield.
Speaker 6: We finished. If they boys attackle you one on one in that open space.
Speaker 7: By that fourth quarter, Mike irving over the top, over the top, your.
Speaker 6: Players, if you have them, if I'm wrong, Jess, if you have.
Speaker 7: Them, if you have them, Yeah, Jake Fird improved to me that he gonna make the play if given opportunity. Tony like like just say, Tony was running with some thunder last week.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 8: So they have them. They do have them.
Speaker 6: And now the question is is we going back to the alright game old line? Right right?
Speaker 4: We'll see how about this for a Christmas Eve forecast? Highest seventy five, lower seventy two, twenty percent chance of rain.
Speaker 6: Man, that's nice.
Speaker 8: Yes, see over there.
Speaker 6: Trying to make yourself feel good doing everything.
Speaker 8: Listen, you won't have distractions. You won't you won't have no other distractions? What's the weather supposed to be like?
Speaker 15: Here?
Speaker 6: Care?
Speaker 5: No show on Monday, right, Chris? No Christmas show?
Speaker 8: That's correct.
Speaker 4: No Christmas show, but shows tomorrow and Friday.
Speaker 8: Right, that is correct?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, fellas that went by too quick. Today that was good stuff.
Speaker 4: Let's today, Wednesday, Wednesday, Tomorrow's weeks going about?
Speaker 8: If you want to fish one.
Speaker 4: Courch may good stuff sweating, sweating, you know how I know I'm getting all getting old. Mylow boy looked at me getting out of the car last night. He's in his car seat in the back. He goes, day, what's that?
Speaker 6: I said, what?
Speaker 4: He goes on your head? I said, what are you talking about? He goes bend over and I've been over and he grabs my wrinkles and.
Speaker 6: He pushed it and he goes.
Speaker 8: Wrinkles.
Speaker 10: Man Quinn's gonna tell the truth every single time.
Speaker 5: Chris. Thanks for keeping us on the air, my man.
Speaker 2: Josh Man, thank you so much, so much to pay and our fab life for.
Speaker 4: Our custom ornaments, Jazz, thanks for keeping Chris company.
Speaker 5: We'll be back tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 8: Cowboys defense, Oh Miami's offense knee.
Speaker 5: We might do a two hour show. Sorrywie see you Tomorrow's Hanging with a Boy.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.