Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Kaddy Armstrong and Jetty.
Speaker 2: And live from the studio Season your.
Speaker 3: It is a dimly lit room deal with in the bowels of the Armstrong and getting communications compounds of to day Little Friday under the futelage of general manager rapid change.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, dizzying? Good lord? What's next?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 5: That might be your funniest ever general manager rapid change. Would you like to explain? Well?
Speaker 1: Sure, what what? What's to explain? Or you blind man? Everywhere you look domestically, internationally, it's just everything's in like wild flux. Name anything that's stable, even though the Major League Baseball they're talking about idiotic rule changes that that's how too much fashion?
Speaker 5: These wide pants these children wear today. I just tell you, I understand it.
Speaker 1: The high rise genes. Oh you know what, this government should have stepped in there. Just again, too much change.
Speaker 5: They're not flattering, That's what I don't get. I'm amazing people, particularly young women, don't want to display what they look like. Just kind of surprising to me that they want to be don'tna were something that makes it impossible to know what they look like.
Speaker 1: So I don't I'm just I don't know. It really looks like something designed in a Marxist system to de sexualize everybody, or something. Since trust me, my word on what looks good on women can be trusted, like the very tablets that came down from God Almighty in the hands of Moses, I would not lie.
Speaker 5: Well right about that. That's kind of weird that that fits a bit of a cultural moment, you know, the last month with Trump, a side of the you know, no genders and all the sort of stuff in that young women up until like a year ago, we're wearing jeans that were all about making it very clear what you look like.
Speaker 1: All right, if only we had a woman to consult. Katie Green joins us, Katie.
Speaker 6: Not only are they awful, but I'll tell you I've worned the high rise genes before.
Speaker 1: Try sitting down in those babies.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, there's that, but I don't even mean the high rise, just.
Speaker 1: The wide pants.
Speaker 5: They're very very low.
Speaker 1: The bottoms.
Speaker 5: I mean, you're you could be you could be between eighty five pounds and one hundred and eighty five pounds, and you would look exactly the same in all the genes that college girls were today.
Speaker 1: It's all about the mystery. It's all about the mystery.
Speaker 5: Jack Well, it wasn't for the past fifteen years.
Speaker 1: So I just well, the mystery is never solved because they never take off their genes, because everybody's asexual.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's it. Maybe it's the I don't want a date. I don't want anybody to talk to me. I'd rather meet a bear in the woods than a strange man. And I'm gonna let the big formless scheme right exactly.
Speaker 1: And they are actual Marxists in many cases, So I think I think I had the answer there long before most of the discussion. But anyway, I haven't even.
Speaker 5: Thought about that. You got to write a long essay for The Atlantic on Marxist clothing and the use of today.
Speaker 1: I'll get chance Ept to do it for me. I'll put my name to it. That's a good idea.
Speaker 5: So has anybody an excoriated op ed I just read from the Wall Street Journal today, second day in a row on Trump's plan and the things he's saying about Zelensky and Ukraine. Has anybody figured out exactly what the what the what the goal is here, what we're doing, what he's doing.
Speaker 1: I'm figuring out more and more. Honestly, I did a bit of a deep dive into the argument in favor of his position, and it is, as usual with Trump, a combination of some good points and an explanation of them that's so horrific. Nobody who doesn't know precisely what he's talking about has any idea what he's talking about.
Speaker 5: Well, is it three dimensional chess?
Speaker 1: Is that what's happening here? All chests is three dimensional? No, not exactly, not exactly. It's it's a it's a policy of as we discussed yesterday. Some of you could call it reprochemont with with Russia or just not driving Russia into the arms of the axes of a holes. That's part of it. And the other part of it is that there were some fairly little uh talked about, written about, not totally not totally ignored, but mostly ignored negotiations a couple of years ago to end the conflict. And the story is the Ukrainians kind of liked the deal, and the US told them, no, don't take this deal with Russia. And that seems to be what Trump is referring to Okay, and it's difficult. I mean you could, you could absolutely teach a year long college class on all of this, because I mean, among some of the other claims is that the US stage decoup that overthrew the freely elected government of Ukraine back in twenty four, which I find to be fairly ridiculous description of the Kremlin's puppet regime being tossed aside, Yes, with the help of the West, because the Ukrainian people really wanted to lean more towards Europe and democracy and justice in the free market and the rest of it, as opposed to Putin's kleptocracy in that former Soviet republic. And and they then actually held elections in which Vladimir Lensky was elected, for better or worse. So it's there are there are multiple layers, there are multiple stories to each layer, multiple points of view, and and again, uh, Trump needs to put JD. Vans out front to explain this.
Speaker 4: We all have to talk about that more or later with the full because it's it's it's it's roiling the world.
Speaker 1: It absolutely is. And as I was trying to babble out, it is such a mix of fact opinion, propaganda, historical guess work. It's difficult to pin down.
Speaker 4: Well, I for the first time I heard somebody hint at so I mentioned the other day Mark Halpern wrote, and I haven't seen this anywhere else. So one of the reasons I like Mark Alpern's writing is he's got tremendous sources and stuff that. But i'd never heard this anywhere else. I read it on the air the other day. He said, you can't go anywhere in Washington, d C. With talk of this grand bargain that includes Greenland, Taiwan, Russia, Ukraine, China, US, all of it coming together. Everybody's talking about this thing. And I heard David Ignatius the first time on the Washington Post this morning saying there is talk of a grand bargain that would include China. And so that's the first time I've heard anybody even hint at it. But according to Halpurn, that's what everybody's talking about behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: So that must play a role this somehow.
Speaker 4: I don't know why it has to be so secret that nobody that Trump's taken so much fire from so many different directions, including a fair number of people in his own party.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, virtually everybody. I I came across this, and we've got a listener who either spent like seventy hours compiling information or is crazy into this or has a role in this, but anyway, sending a bunch of links to articles through the years and Twitter threads and such, including one from j d Vance who spells out in ten steps or so, why the current Ukraine policy is so bad?
Speaker 4: Well, the current happy to the current Ukraine policy of just give them barely enough to survive.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, he would characterize it more as a ten to spread democracy and freedom, et cetera, and oppose Putin and bleed him dry in a proxy war. That's our current policy. That's the way they describe it. Okay, That's what I was trying to communicate to you. There's virtually no aspect of this that doesn't have like three different strong opinions about how to describe it or what facts are salient. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure standing up for an already existing democracy is the same as spreading democracy, like when we went into a rack in Afghanistan.
Speaker 1: Oh, I would agree, And in fact, Noah Rothman of National Review responded to jd Vance's ten point post for the life of me, I can't see how Russia is worn. Ukraine bears even a passing resemblance to a rock save for the subtextual argument. Ukraine's critics seem to have internalized that America is the bad guy. But you know, I'd be happy to share Jadvance's ten point post next segment or what we should do that later. Absolutely at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 4: It's one of the biggest stories in the world, no doubt about it, and depending on how it turns out, it could be a really big story. We should start to show officially before we run out of toime. I'm Jack Armstrong, He's Joe Getty on this How did it already get to be?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: Thursday February twentieth, the year twenty twenty five, where I'm strong and getting.
Speaker 1: We approve of this program. Let's begin then officially, Here we go according to FCC rules, rags, Here we go at mark.
Speaker 7: If we're doing solve the deficit, there won't be money for medical care, they won't be a money.
Speaker 1: For social security. We either solve the deficit. All we'll be doing is paying debt. It's got to be solved.
Speaker 7: It's not optional, and MIC will go bankrupt if this is not done.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm here.
Speaker 4: I want to replace the national anthem, non Pledge of allegiance in all our schools all across the country where they still do that with that, I want to take out the pledge of allegiance and put that in. I think it might be important, important right now that every school child here first thing in the morning. We're going broke. We're going to go broke. We're not going to have anything if we don't change direction. It's just math, maybe fleshed out a little bit. There will be no money for national defense. There will be no money for sick people. There will be no money for disaster relief. After the hurricanes hit, there will be no money for anything. Will be broke. We'll be starving or homeless people in trans bathrooms if that's your where you like money to go, but wherever whatever you had.
Speaker 1: Two different things, or do you have homeless people in trans bathrooms?
Speaker 4: Matter what your are too much for, there won't be any money. Well, there ain't no money. There ain't no money. I don't if you've ever been broke, but there ain't no money. There ain't no money.
Speaker 1: Give generously to the fun to get trans people into junkie bathrooms.
Speaker 4: So we have mail bag and headlines this hour more news of the day. Lots of stuff going on. I hope you can see around. Just came across another headline I should have sent you, Katie. We'll get this on later. I need to do some breeding exercises before we do the headlines.
Speaker 1: I know Joe, Joe hasn't seen this yet.
Speaker 4: I sent Katie what might be the most depressing headline as a California taxpayer that I've ever seen my wife, So I need to, yeah, calm down a little bit, yeah, before it's all going to be our before she does the headlines.
Speaker 1: Here we go. It's probably not going to be all right. But anyway, you're breathing exercises that I don't wanted to pass out. Joe work with me here. Yes, I'm sorry. Let's figure out who's reporting what we've rejiggered the schedule. Now is the time, friends, Now for the lead story with Katie Green. Katie, all right, Jack hold on, Katie La.
Speaker 6: Majority of Californians still support high speed rail project, polling.
Speaker 4: Shows a new Emerson poll came out yesterday. Fifty four percent of Californians still think the bullet train, using my finger quotes, is still a good expenditure of state funds.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I got to take this call. Yeah, yep, Joe here, yep, hmm, yeah, I'll tell them. Okay, that was James Madison. The experiment of self government has failed. It's now over. It's been ended. So anyway, good to hear from the father of the Constitution.
Speaker 4: And even if you don't live in California, you should be depressed how people don't pay attention, or people are morons, or I don't, I don't, I'm I'm having trouble absorbing this information.
Speaker 1: My brief thesis would be, if you make the government big and complicated enough that people can't comprehend it, you have the cover to do whatever you want in terms of milking the treasury for yourself and your cronies.
Speaker 4: Let me read one thing from the poll and then I'll let you get back to the other headlines. Just the wording of this really bothered me. Despite uncertainty over its budget and timeline, oh no, there's there's absolute certain The majority of Californians still say the California High School project is worthy of state county despite uncertainty. You mean the fact that we're supposed to have it years ago, and it's and they haven't laid any track yet, and it's never gonna happen, and it's cost five times as much, and it's the biggest boondoggle and maybe the history of tax payer money anywhere in the world, anywhere in history. Despite that, you mean, you're still in favor of it.
Speaker 1: The cost balloons over and over and over again. The uncertainty is how far it will balloon. I'm not sure I would just call that uncertain few morons. There will never be a bullet train. They're not even claiming it's a bullet train anymore. It's a regular speed train. Jack. You just need to go out in the streets, ask people their opinion. If they say, yeah, I'm still in favor of it, beat them with your fists. That's the only way to get over this, Katie, back to you, Oh my god. CNN fact check.
Speaker 6: Trump claims de Lenski has a four percent approval rating when it's above fifty percent.
Speaker 4: The only part I don't get of the if there's a strategy here. Maybe it's a strategy that I could even kind of understand. And then you throw in Trump's personality on top of it, because there's no reason you have to belittle Zolensky to pull off the strategy is there?
Speaker 1: You know he's doing that because he's but hurt that Zelensky argued with him.
Speaker 4: You don't have to call him a you know, a cut rate comedian with a four percent approval?
Speaker 1: How does that help anything? Now, as I've said, many times, what is wrong with Trump will be the undoing of what's right with Trump. It's like watching a slow motion train wreck. Meanwhile, I just hope more and more of the good stuff happens, because there's a lot of great stuff happening.
Speaker 4: High speed train wreck or regular speed train wreck. No, no, no, slow motion train wreck from the Telegraph.
Speaker 6: Hamas parades coffins of child hostages in disgusting spectacle.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I got so mad at NPR today, and that happens almost What was the Ulways say about listening to NPR.
Speaker 1: I listened to it to punish myself for the bad things I've done.
Speaker 4: So Hamas released the bodies of people they had murdered, including a mom and two babies. Hamas ordered a couple of babies. They release the bodies, they parade them around, they do their usual big flags of a Hamas support and everything like that, belittling everybody and everything. NPR called it Hamas with once more a show of strength as they release bodies to the Israelis a show of strength.
Speaker 1: PR right now, Yeah, ah, It's been claimed by some sympathetic to the Hamas cause that well, they were killed in Israeli air strikes. Most likely well, by every standard of law that exists on the planet, the abductor is responsible for that outcome. Please quick true.
Speaker 4: It's still Hamas's fault and no reason to believe that's true.
Speaker 6: From Reuters, Trump says he's considering returning twenty percent of DOGE savings to Americans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to dig into this. It's the perpetual motion machine of people's approval for the program.
Speaker 6: From the New York Post, Chipotle will use AI to hire twenty thousand workers for burrito season.
Speaker 1: Awesome. And from the Babylon Bee, cruel elon.
Speaker 6: Musk cuts off social security benefits for thousands of revolutionary war veterans.
Speaker 1: Beautiful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got more dough stuff and lots of headlines and mail bag on the way all this hour, So stay.
Speaker 1: Tuned, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 4: As we mentioned earlier in the week, with some pulling Trump's most popular he's ever been in his political career, it'll be interesting to see if there's any political price to pay for this newt angle he's taking on wrapping up Ukraine. So he called said Ukraine started the war and Zalnsi's a dictator and all that such stuff.
Speaker 1: Forty eight hours ago.
Speaker 4: And we speculated yesterday that he might walk that back, that maybe he was shooting out his mouth. Apparently not. He was in Miami last night and these are some of the comments he made.
Speaker 7: A dictator without elections. Zelensky, better move, He's not going to have a country left. Got to move, got to move fast, because that war's going in the wrong direction. In the meantime, we're successfully negotiating an into the war with Russia.
Speaker 1: Something all admit that only Trump is going.
Speaker 7: To be able to do. In the Trump administration, we're going to be able to do it.
Speaker 1: I think Putin even admitted that Biden never tried.
Speaker 7: Europe has failed to bring peace and Zolensky probably wants to. Maybe he wants to keep the gravy train going. I don't know what's the problem, but he hasn't been able. He's very upset that he wasn't invited. He could have come if he wanted to, but that he wasn't invited to Saudi Arabia. But he's been working for three years, he's never been even meeting. So phone calls to stop this war. It's a horrible thing.
Speaker 1: I see. That's nonsensical to my ears. So on the one hand, we're being ordered to believe that Zelensky hasn't participated in any conversations. Meanwhile, I've got folks all sorts of information that indicates that the US pressured Zelensky not to come to an agreement that he wanted to in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: I'd never heard that before, so I don't I got nothing on that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, on the Turkey talks is stun bull talks. Well.
Speaker 4: Also, the whole using the term dictator is a pejorative, which it should be a pejorative against Zelensky, but not Putin News.
Speaker 1: Not critical of Putin, uh Putin. Volinski is barred from having elections during wartime according to the Ukrainian constitutions.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, yeah, I I just don't understand the strategy. And like I said earlier, if if Trump wants to come out and those of you who agree with him want to come out and say it's a regional dispute, it's Europe, it's we don't live there, it's not. At least that's an intellectual argument, and I don't agree with it. I think we have national interest in how it turns out. But it's an argument to say we have no business in that, to say, to say you've grain started and Zelensky's a dictator and all that, I don't know what the hell that is.
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm just utterly flabbergasted.
Speaker 4: And then he's in it for the money. He's he's he's in it for It's amazing he hasn't died yet, him and his family, So many of his friends and countrymen have died horrible deaths or been raped or beaten or whatever. He's in it for the money.
Speaker 1: What well, in ninety percent of the money never leaves the United States. It's it just goes to armaments. I mean. And again, if you want to make the it's the military industrial complex continuing this because they're making so much money. Okay, that's that's fine. Again, that's an argument, but that's happening simultaneously with u. Zelensky is keeping the money and he's on a gravy train. So which one is it? Those are? They're diametrically opposed your two arguments. There's there's so much, you know, fog going on here. Got this note from and with many many links and opinions, some more factual, some a little wishy washy. And it's interesting the links to Twitter accounts, including this one dude who's quoted a great deal and he has like something like three hundred and seventy thousand followers on Twitter for what it is worth. But I took several minutes to scroll through his Twitter feed for a very long time. Or you know, many many, many different entries and posts and quotes and links and that sort of thing. And it's uniformly anti Us, anti Israel. You know, once in a while, somebody mad at US says, you guys act like Israel can do no wrong, which is not true. I don't act like that, speaking for myself, and they do wrong all the time. It happens in war, and we've acknowledged it. But this point of view is the America can do no right. Man can do no it's the woke right.
Speaker 4: I'm amazed you were able to get past that. I can't handle that. That past what point of view? You act like America does no wrong. Well, I'm done talking to you if you say that to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, I said Israel, but yeah, yeah, it's just a false argument. But no, I was saying that to draw the contrast with a lot of the quotes from the people here there the America can never do any right. Israel never is right. Crowd, they're the anti American woke right. And it's interesting some of the stuff about the negotiations in twenty two, the piece talks in istanbull I think it was are kind of interesting. But again, you know, it's there's a lot of the blind fellows describing the elephant going on here. One man's advice is another man's pressure is another man's dictate, if you will, when you're talking about what happened at a complex set of negotiations. Anyway, I promised this from Jdvans. This is a Twitter post from twenty from September of twenty twenty three. So what's that year and a half ago, And this is when he was a senator, The same idiots who pushed the most aggressive posture in Ukraine. You and I'm not sure who he's dressing exactly, maybe Noah Rothman, but did the same in a Raq also you and just let Noah respond to that. He says, I cannot, for the life of me say how Russias warre in Ukraine bears even a passing resemblance to a rock Save for the subtextual argument, Ukraine's critics seem to have internalized that America is the bad guy anyway. Ah, Is he making some sort of neo Khan we need to be everywhere all the time argument? Okay, I wish you'd fleshed it out. But number two, the bizarre and reflective World War two analogies. If we don't stop him here never Neville Chamberlain also said JD and I love JD. Vance in a lot of ways. But you could say those are reflexive World War two analogies, but they're not bizarre. In what way are those bizarre analogies? Three? Yeah, seem pretty damn spot on. Uh, yeah, and I'm surprised at how rag taggy his arguments are the defense of the policy in terms of generic institutional deference and international norms rather than concrete American interest. Now, Jade Vans is an exceptionally break guy, and I don't get how he glosses over how international are norms are a concrete American interest.
Speaker 4: Absolute freaking lutely the woman, I'm just say as it is has benefited us so much for the past seventy five years, eighty years.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Yeah, regular working Americans standard of living is quintuppled in the postwar period, maybe more because of those international norms. Again, I'm just he's a very bright guy, So I'm a little mystified by this. Moving along, the belief that tough talk in su depletion of resources is an effective deterrent rather than say, not wasting thousands of lives billions of dollars in much of our modern weapons of war, that's just nod construction. It's as if he's giving us two choices for deterrence. But it's it was like he was drunk when he wrote this. Now, if you want to make two separate arguments there that this effective deterrence or what ought to be deterrence is a suicidal depletion of resources. Now that I will listen to, because it's scary how we have depleted our own weaponry to support Ukraine. But it's just again, it's a weird construction.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And this one's weird too. The mission creep. From eliminating weapons of mass destruction to building a liberal democracy in Iraq, that was mission creep. But then he says, from stopping the Russian advance to reclaiming every inch of territory to toppling Putin in Eastern Europe who was pushing for that? And dropping the Russian advance and reclaiming every inch of territory is the same mission they invaded, Your appel them. That's not mission creep. I don't. I am just flabbergasted by this. The moralistic defense of our policies freedom, democracy, despite the fact that our client states are neither free nor democratic. I assume he's talking about Ukraine. There they're wanting to pivot to the West instead of Putin's totalitarian kryptocracy of Russia is not a good thing. I don't understand that is this legitimate. It appears to be the fact the failure of our policies, I'm sorry, the failure of our leads to acknowledge that our policies are enabling the persecution of historic Christian communities. Yeah, okay, that that whole thing.
Speaker 4: Putin somehow the savior of Christianity.
Speaker 1: That one I don't get. You all are on your own on that one. I don't get satanic. The fact that our policies unite our adversaries together Iraq and Iran, then Russia and China. Now, yeah, that's a legit argument. We can make that argument. There's a better way to approach it that doesn't drive Russia into China's arms. I mean, I might agree with you or disagree with you, but that's the valid point. Let's see nine. Both letter will lead to massive refuge crises that destabilize European allies and threaten arms our security. I'm sure you and others will try to distance yourselves from the consequences of driving up food prices and migration pressures for the entire continent of Africa. And ten both empower China. Zero point nine is so he's saying, just let Putin take Ukraine and that will stabilize food exportation exports from Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, you're counting on the fact that Putin's gonna would stop if he had not gotten any pushback. I mean to the previous point that we're pushing Putin and China together by fighting him there. So if we hadn't fought Putin, it wouldn't have been a signal for Russia and China that you can take territory. Now it's open season again, It's the nineteenth century again. I don't understand how that is the case.
Speaker 1: Well, and again I must say, for how much I love and I mean and not like I'm in favor of, I want to hold a parade for what Trump's doing to the DEI menace and an energy policy. Oh my gosh, listen to talk Doug Bergham talk about energy policy and the Secretary of Energy his name, I don't recall. Just fantastic stuff. It's great, but trying to explain what the hell he's doing re Ukraine is utterly incoherent. I mean, as I said before, the problem with Trump sometimes and this has made me insane when he was talking about doing the things he's doing now that I like is unless you know exactly what he's talking about. You have no idea what he's talking about anyway, why.
Speaker 4: Wanting to hit a little bit of the Wall Street Journal editorial their view of things, which is kind of the opposite of what Jade Vance just said right after this.
Speaker 1: Simply save home security is such a great deal. Every twenty six seconds there's a burglar you're taking place in the US, according to FBI data, I'm hoping to return to law and order and as a progressive idiocy of turning scumbags looses about to end. But until it does, you need to protect your home with simply safe active outdoor I'm sorry, active guard outdoor protection. It helps prevent breakings before they happen. AI powered cameras.
Speaker 4: They catch the weirdos, the creepos lurking around in the backyard or by your garage you're about to hop the fence or whatever, and you catch them before they break in, because actual agents are going to see this and be able to contact the police and then speak to the burglars.
Speaker 1: Hey, junkie boy, the cops are coming. They're going to get some stick work in. If you don't hie tailing, I'm stick away from the house. I hope that's what they say. I doubt it. If I were in charge, that's what they'd say. There's no long term contractor cancelation fee. That's sabulous. Monitoring plans start affordably at around a dollar day sixty day satisfaction guarantee. Visit simply safe dot com slash armstrong to claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan your first month free. That's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know where most of our audience, our entire radio or podcast audience is on this whole topic of the way Ukraine is being handled by Trump. I really don't know where y'all are. I know where I am. I know where the Wall Street Journal is in the New York posts, which are closer to where Joe and I are. But maybe i'll read from that next hour. We've got to get the mail bag coming up a little bit. I would like to hear from you. I have a feeling the most worked up, loudest voices are the only people that text her email, which is always the case. But here is the text line four one five two nine five K ftc Armstrong. HEYETI, everything not natural is getting less colorful?
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 4: I was kind of aware of it, really aware of it. Now that is brought to my attention. We'll talk to that and come about that in coming hours.
Speaker 1: Really interesting. Can you just repeat that?
Speaker 4: You know, nature has not changed sunrise's plants, that sort of thing, But everything else we're less interested in colors. We like black, whites and grays. And there's a gazillion examples of this, including movies, TVs, fashion, cars, everything, And it's been a steady move since, like the early nineteen hundreds to get.
Speaker 1: Less colorful for some reason. How interesting, I know. I look forward to that discussion. Here's your freedom loving quote of the day. Continuing on with Abe Lincoln, we'll go with Washington to next week. This is one of my all time faves. The shepherd drives the wolf from the sheep's throat, for which the sheep thanks the shepherd as his liberator, while the wolf denounces him for the same act as the destroyer of liberty. Plainly, the sheep and the wolf are not agreed upon a definition of Uh. That's a good one, and I think it's apropos to our previous discussion about the situation with Ukraine and Russia and Europe and the rest of it. There are people who seem to have very very different definitions of democracy, liberty, et cetera. Human beings. What are you gonna do with them? Mailback, jobs, note, mail bag at armstrong and Getty dot com. Oh, my goodness, a lot to get to. Let's hit this German censorship. We were talking about Powlo rights on speech restrictions in Germany. You mentioned the German people like politeness and suggested that it could be maintained by cultural forces. It's certainly in the United States. Yeah, I don't want the governments forcing people to be quote unquote polite because or Well will tell us where that goes. Anyway, he says, I agree, and I go further. The cultural forces that supported that politeness in the past have been diluted and altered by the rapid, unmanaged flux of people with very different cultural values. Restricting speech is a desperate attempt to maintain their traditional culture. That's diversity for you, Pallo, You are one hundred percent correct, one hundred percent. Now, maybe diversity is unavoidable in a nation of immigrants. Blah, blah blah blah blah. Our greatest strength is and has always been unity, unity around certain principles, not diversity. Diversity is a challenge to that unity, not that it's necessarily bad, but that moronic Marxist idea that diversity is our greatest strength. And if anybody ever insists anybody adapt to the United States or adopt our principles or you know, assimilate, they're a racist. Good lord, we let those lunatics drag us so far off line. I hope there's coming back anyway. Moving along side show, Bob writes, I sure hope Taiwan gets the message from Trump and doesn't go out and start a war with China. Now, ah, boy, that's a little sarcasm right there. I had picked up on it right off, Thank you boy. A bunch of different reactions to the Trump's Zelensky thing, as you might imagine. Bravo on calling Trump's bs re Ukraine for what it is, a steaming pile from Matt the Idaho farmhand, who's a very very bright and well read guy.
Speaker 4: Not that not this would not that this would indicate anything about our audience, but was there was there a majority either way on the mail you got.
Speaker 1: I didn't make a throw enough look at it to render an opinion. Ah let's see. Oh I thought this was so interesting. We got so many Maybe we'll get to him later. But uh, Jafk writes, Uh, I'm a longtime listener, originally from cal Unicornia, but now in this dumpster passing is the state of New York. I know you're primarily talking about world events, blah blah blah. I wonder to bring your attention to the fire that's happening in this dumpster state. As of right now, all but two of the state prisons here in New York are on These men and women of risk life, women and family for their jobs, are fed up and finally standing up. They're out there on the line in freezing temperatures, advocating for their own safety, all the while being called rogue officers who are illegally protesting the lack of safety within the walls of their facilities and are threatened with fines, jail time, loss of jobs from the state. I wish I had time to read all of this right now. The brief summary is the woke policies about crime and criminals and inmates, combined with well, lack's enforcement of rules and all that has caused an explosion in violence and a complete loss of order within the prison system. And it's become incredibly dangerous because of the progressive policies. And that's why these CEOs, the corrections officers are striking. Maybe we'll get into this in more detail later on The greatest way, the hundred percent effective way to discredit progressive policies is to enact them. The problem is a lot of people get hurt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got some examples of that. Wall Street Journal pretty rough on Trump's handling of Ukraine today. But you know, for some of you, if you feel like that's part of the whole financial, military industrial complex, I suppose a lot more on the way.
Speaker 6: If you missed a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty