Speaker 1: They change anything. Nope, ladies, gentlemen, welcome to another episode of Busting with the Boys, a special episode of Bust with a Boys, Episode two twenty six. Because we had a week off boys and we're back and the boys. I'll tell you what, there's a lighter energy in here. You could feel it. Two weeks ago, everybody was a little bit of drained. Got the batteries back to neutral. Now we got a big six months. Little in the color, Yeah, I don't want to a little bit of color on JP. Yeah it seems like Mitch. You got a little sunburn going. Yeah. Jack's always got a little all of towns I always got that. Yeah, good for you, Jack, But all of us who are fighting that good fight, everyone's got a little more of a tan on them. Yeah it looks good. But you know who, uh who never lets the batteries go down.
Speaker 2: Never.
Speaker 1: That's the Chevy Silverado. Always keeps their tone, always keeps their tone. You know where truck guy's doing through and the Chevy Silverado has been a partner with unsoppable grit and determination. It's been our most valuable truck and now the first ever all electric Silverado joins the franchise. We got a chance to see these things and experience it. It is a game changer, available for and mile range GM estimated on a full charge over ten feet of length in the bed with a multi flex tailgate combined with the multi flex midgate large seventeen inch diagonal display screen, it can toe up to ten thousand pounds of max towing zero to sixty and under four point five seconds with Wow Mode still a working title. Still my forty time back then, you're forty time back in the day. Up to the press of one hundred and eighty five foot pounds of torque. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more.
Speaker 3: You can haul around all of your tailgating needs. We got to Taylor was saying, we got a change to experience this bad boy. Where were we what we were in? We're in Colorado, Colorado, that's Colorado. Bought to go to Arizona. We're in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, caught an L there because the boys team Lawan, Yeah, mopped us up a little bit with it. But which brings us into a good segment because I caught a big W. Caught a massive W. But I think it even bigger W was what you caught three days later at the ASU Spring game. And that brings us to what's going to happen tonight at six thirty pm c T time. Right there is a charity softball game, and for whatever reason, the sick bastards who put this game together, you have put me and Will on different teams.
Speaker 3: Everybody always wants to do that that. I was like, we're gonna split up Will and Taylor. We're gonna split you guys over. Put you guys up, and we're glue guys. You can't have two glue guys and one and one locker room. It always causes that that silent competitiveness that goes on.
Speaker 1: But here's the deal. That's me. I actually ordered that because I'm your boys hungry. You just put that. We had a podcast to do now. But I will say, like every single time, even if we're split together or we're just playing a game like it's risk like we do for whatever reason, never want the other one to win. That's true. It's not about winning most of the time. It's about making sure the other individual doesn't win. And that's something that we should probably unpack some day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, because this softball game, like I'm fired up about who I have on my team and everything else, but ultimately, like the little the little voice.
Speaker 1: In the back of my mind is like, stack this deb Yeah, why it's your Why I'm more worried about just playing well. I haven't swung a bat in over half a decade.
Speaker 3: I was surprised because I was trying to fill you out for some shit talking the other day when I was just letting you know we're gonna mercy rule, and then I sent you the video of the diving catch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which was way impressive. Even when I saw that, I go, damn, he was Will might actually have it really known. I'm like, ah, he's not. I gotta get out there. I'm glad we're going a few hours early. I know you went there a couple couple of years ago and you kind of just showed up and played. Good on you. By the way, those young healthy me.
Speaker 3: A little torn hamstring JP and yeah yeah BPC one fifty seven, BC one.
Speaker 1: Fifty seven got me right in seven days. You get that. Like I, I just don't know what to expect out of myself, So I don't want to go in there and talk a big game. But I will say if I'm feeling it, I'm going yard and I I'm gonna say this now because this won't be airing till tomorrow. I might bunt my first at bat and try to run it out to first, just to see how the how the wheels are feeling, just how the wheels are feeling. I haven't really ran at all.
Speaker 3: The scariest part about playing soft, especially when you haven't played in a while, is if you miss your first and.
Speaker 1: Then the oh, well, the boys. You makes your first swing like it's tough because you're just getting that soft toss, dude, yeah, and that thing's just up in the air. What was that Rookie of the year when that kid, the big fucking burly guy and the kid loses his powers and he has a soft toss it to the guy. I don't think is that Rookie of the year. Is that where he like major No, it's not. Where he falls on his elbow and also yours, Yeah, like in the World Series or something, and he can't do anything but soft toss and the guy's like grunting at the ball and misses anyway.
Speaker 3: What a fucking movie, by the way, Like you hurt your elbow and you just get the toss it like one hundred and.
Speaker 1: Also just fucking rips pull. Can I see the roster? I need to see who my teammates are.
Speaker 4: The release online, I'm looking for it.
Speaker 1: It was on where you can swipe. Yeah, it was on Instagram. I saw Jelly Roll as my partner. But here's the thing that really is the captain team Jelly Yeah, I don't know why I said partner, teammate, captain, my fearless captain, which is great and I love Jelly but the situation we're going into the hot street right now. We gotta we gotta blow out that fire and I will. And also to that scares me as Riley Green being on your team, the way he was talking like this man doesn't even do ping pong. Yeah, he's man. Fuck that ship. I want to play against somebody who's athletic and do it.
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 1: He was the m v P when I played a couple years. Who was just there on the right. Who's that? That's Bradley Gilbert. Yea dude, look at his muscles? Are you kidding me? And then we got the Backstreet Boy himself. Oh that's he's He's not gonna swing nothing. Then we got I got Mikey c I got I love that, but he's a wrestler.
Speaker 3: Like, there's nothing that worries me about Chandler, Like, yeah, in the octagon, in the wrestling mat, he's got it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Did you see the spinning backfist I put on him this weekend? Yeah, you would have slept him. I would have slept the ship out of him. But Hardy worried about him with any might be nice. Hardy texted me last night and goes, you're ready to hit piss missiles tomorrow. I just thought, yeah, I was so far. I was like, all right, I got play. Now he can he can. That's a bad omen. That's a bad omen. Oh he's will was already holding the belt. He touched it. He touched it. That's bad. Up, dude. We got ah. That was a good that was again. We got Chris Lane. Chris Lane, he's a shortstop now. That boy is athletic. Played college baseball UNC Charlotte. Oh he did.
Speaker 3: No. One's fucking good. I remember when we were watching him when he was on the other team. I was like, fuck man, this dude is nice.
Speaker 1: Well, we got the police officer listen, that's us, brother, that's you. Yeah, both. Julia Cole's athletic booth has an athletic build. I don't think he's an athlete, though, I will say that Misty Franklin olympian, olympian and what softball? No, just kidding. I know how you tell the boys pull back, put it back? Well? Is that it is? That the whole list? You got Courtland Finn again. I bet he's I bet he's solid. Yeah. Funny thing about Courtland fin Again. I feel like every like the first seven years I was in Nashville, everywhere, I'd go there, but oh you just miss Courtland. He was here fifteen minutes ago, Oh you just he was here twenty five minutes ago. He was here yesterday. Never met him in my life, dude.
Speaker 3: I think he'd be a good conversation on the bus with the fights he's.
Speaker 1: Been in in the league, Like, yeah, those would be fun to talk to you guys. He got pieced up by Andre Johnson now, like he's always about it. He was like the og honey badger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say too, dude. He's just like a little fucking honey badgery. He doesn't give a ship, doesn't care if he's too small, let it rip, yeah, let it. But he did catch hands from Andre Johnson. I will I mean that is that is the reality of the situation. Yeah, that's okay. Yeah, keeps it moving. Yeah, just keep fucking moving forward.
Speaker 1: That's what you do. But that's gonna be really exciting. And after a whole week off for the boys, like it was amazing. You want to talk about your week off? Absolutely? Yeah, we can dial it in, bro. We didn't talk very much. We didn't talk a whole lot.
Speaker 3: We talked like once I got back, Like we got on the phone or sent a couple voice messages.
Speaker 1: Once you got back is when I left.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, dude, thirty eight is where it's at. Boys, I'm talking. We went to I went to Rosemary Beach for the first time. Charles always wanted to go. Caned me in, talk to me into going booked a booked the spot ahead of time. You know, I'm always like a last minute and I'm always like eh, And then when you do it, you don't seem really enthused, Like I'll get enthused when I get there. You're You're a guy who's pointed that out as well. But thirty eight thirty eight annual trip, annual trip like rue. I want that to be like a beach she checks out or she sees every year, grows up going there, gets excited. Maybe she invites her friend one day as she gets older, she invites Malone wants to tell them about the trip. But white powdered beaches, different shades of blue in the ocean, not over not overwhelmingly crowded, Like, yes, there's some people, but not like you know, I've been to Desthine a couple times in on the holidays. Those things are crowded, you know what I mean. We traveled down to thirty A a little bit, which is a little uppity for sure, But dude, it's a vibe. Man, I'm talking townhouses. They got these red they got these brick roads, so it's narrow. Reminds me a lot of Italy. I've never been to Italy, but around I've seen it reminds me a lot of Italy. But just like one of those spots where it's like you can access the beach right outside of all these little townhouse communities and you can invite, like we can have some of us go with our families, and everybody's get their own little townhouse.
Speaker 1: It's like a dude, you want vibe.
Speaker 3: He got coffee shops there, great spots to eat, no reservation, so you go, especially for families. You go around four thirty or five. When they open up, you get seated. If you went a little bit longer, it'll be like an hour wait. But there's no reservations. Everything's walkable. You're wanting to ride a bike, you're what You're wanting to walk twenty minutes every morning. Yes, you're wanting to sit on the little park benches like it's just a fountains, like it's just beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. Man.
Speaker 3: Arthur Smith was there, no shit, Yeah, he's there. You guys hang out. No, he was, Uh, we we were. He was like going out when we were kind of coming in. He invited me over one evening but didn't make it over there. But it seems like he's in Alice Beach, which it seems like that's like next to Rosemary. But it seems like a nice body. He shot me his address. I zoomed in on the GPS. It seemed like a nice when you when.
Speaker 1: You say next to Rosemary, like how far are we talking here?
Speaker 6: A mile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's all kind of close. Yeah, it's all kind of close. So there's like thirty eight right, and somebody helped me out. You guys said you grew up there. But it seems like there's like Alice Beach, Rosemary Inlet Inlet Beach and this is these are all in between like Deston, Florida and Panama City. So if you want to fly, you fly into Panama City and you're talking like a fifteen minute drive. Oh shit, not bad at all, not bad at all, which is okay. I saw Ben Ben Jones was down there. Yeah, I saw the donut hole. Donut hole was awesome. Donut hole.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw Mike Sullivan, assistant a line coach of the Titans, at the airport yesterday. Man, he lost a lot of weight. I was like, for every pound and I've lost Ben's gained. But Ben was also hiting me yesterday. I was like, hey, what are you working at it? Ben's just start working out with me the little six am spot. I'm going to it. Literally texts me this morning and goes, h u ga mascot. Respect. I guess he was listening to the recent so we listened to the show like he hit me up like four or five times this week. Yeah, I guess he was. Yeah, he was on that drive to Alice Beach. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: But he was telling me, he goes, Bro, next time you go a mile up the road, you find like a lot of nice communities, a lot of good spots with like playgrounds and everything else and not as crowded, like not as public. And everybody's saying it wasn't that crowded cheaper. So I'm like, brother, you're speaking my language everything you need, sending me links to like potential spots we can.
Speaker 1: Get like that. Like that, yeah, if you ever want to find a place, But it would be the best realtor in Nashville. He's always on Zillow, always ripping around on it, always on Zilla. He was like, I was thinking about buying a place.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, I popped on Zillo too, because it was so nice on there, and I'm like, bro, it is insane down there.
Speaker 1: It's expensive. Yes, it's wild, because I know what's about the tom Ones. They bought their place. They told me what they bought it for, which was not overwhelmingly expensive, and they sold her for like double or triple, like two years ago. Sure. Yeah, it definitely seems like a place they like just jumped. Maybe we have the boys go have you on one? Keep it as like at Airbnb. Maybe. Brother, I'm telling you, some of these pies are Oh it's like that three to over, like around three thousand square feet. We're talking in between the six to eight range. Oh, I'm out. It's pretty ridiculous that on top of her wag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but all in all, it was an incredible time. We were there for five days. My shout out to that was having a TV in the room. It was not having a TV in our room. Yeah, like going in, laying in bed and just watching TV and watching movies because we don't have a TV in the room. So your house nice, Yeah, yeah, we don't have one. When we get in the room, it's it's time for it's time to get naughty and it's time for sleep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a nice little rule. Yeah. Oh mean we go to sleep fast. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, the boy, Yeah, you get naughty faster. Which what do you do faster? Yeah, it just depends.
Speaker 3: If I got to ask the question and she's about it, we'll still be asleep. Probably probably sooner because I feel like we talk more. She likes to pillow talk a little bit. I'm like, sweet Art, let's let's get the tunes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The pillow talk to me is always like when I'm like laying in bed. I don't know if Charlie does this, but Taylor will just go and like put her pajamas on whatever and then lay in bed and then an hour later go Bush, what you can get ready for bed? I'm like, why wouldn't you just get ready for bed right now? Yeah? I don't understand it. It's ready first.
Speaker 3: But it always seems like when she wants to hit the pillow, like that's the time to talk about everything going on.
Speaker 1: Dude, I was thinking, can we not handle this?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And then they get upset and you're like, you we have an hour ago, Yeah, we were gonna done whatever. We were just chilling Binge and Netflix and stuff like about Their Wives episode of two, and.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting there on my hey sweetheart, like something to get some shut eye. This this is a conversation.
Speaker 1: This is like, uh, you're not like filling me in on something like this is you want me to be receptive and contribute, Like think about it and have a response that contributes to the conversation. Yeah, it's tough because at first I'll kind of like shorter answers. Maybe they'll pick it up, give them the hint. Yeah, yeah, hey, and you kind of took your head and like yeah, it can beat a little louder or whatever. What happens. I was like, hey, are you not into this conversation. You're like no, I am, And You're like, damn, I really got to talk about this. What the move is? That's the whole You know, how we've messed around with tape in our mouth while we sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you tap your mouth back, I'm gonna take my mouth. She like, okay, you don't want to talk anymore about Oh, you can still talk to me. I'm just letting you know, like I'm going to sleep, Yeah, and put it on, give me a kiss good night. Damn, once you put the tape on, there any nothing you can do.
Speaker 1: When I first started doing the mouth tape thing, I literally went through like I would open a little pack of that. I'm not gonna say the tape was no free shout outs, but I'd hard to put the tape on and you say something like pull it off and they would lose its stick and I'd like get a new one.
Speaker 3: And then You're like, damn, bro, Yeah, but I gotta be okay that little thing you just right there, that that that's a fucking you're asking for it.
Speaker 1: You're asking to catch some fucking hands with that little yeah, that little gesture. But yeah, yeah, But anyway, but in the room, TV in the room. Then we got back, went out to get a couple of nights. We had a couple of her friends in town, had a couple of stow geese. It was a it was a tremendous week all I love that. I love it. Pleasures. Did you win again? Yeah? One again? Sixty five boom in and out.
Speaker 3: It was just it was you've taken Vegas now for about what half a million?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: I did the numbers getting close three ninety five, which bumms me out because I was like, if I would have known, I would have just tried to bank in a five right there. If I could have I'm sure we could find a five W somewhere along. Yeah, well it wins, Yeah, maybe you know what I mean. I really just go off of what I've done with Dana, and then the one night that we got hammered like that. One night we got hammered before I got drunk and I just started putting chips down and it ended up working out. I probably would have well started losing, but JP's and going stop stopause I was up bigger and then I lost to gouple of hands like but like that's the tone. But yeah, did we? Uh how wasna? Let me start before that, because we the family had a nice what Friday from Friday to Thursday, just nothing but the fam and it was it was everything and more. Kids were all about it. We were catching frogs, we were fishing, we were we were ripping around. Kids love those damn goats too. But we went. We end up going to NAPA. When I was packing for Naple, I thought I literally brought my computer. I was like, I have five hundred emos. Maybe I'll get some work done, maybe i'll Docause when we were on the phone, you weren't the most excited. I was, it's it's nice. It was like, it's a nice spot. But I'm not a wine guy, and I get weird about up. But he stuff like that, Yeah, yeah, I know, let's take And I'm starting to realize that's my problem. I like it, but then also those other things I'm like totally against. It's very weird. If you go back to like who do you want to party with? Like the tear talk we did, I dropped three names. Are like it would be a country club esque party, but now but I talk about country clubs, I don't like it. Anyway, we go to NAPA. It's awesome. The Chandlers. We went with them, and they had like they knew a bunch of people, they knew where to go. And this is the guy who was our driver. Tim was awesome. He was telling pretty bad jokes, but he was a good vibe. So we were enjoying it sometimes. Yeah, and so we hit like two little wineries. In the beginning, wines couldn't tell the difference between any of them. I could not tell one fucking different. They would ask you, what do you see here? And I would just do the kind of the same thing we did with that smelling test we did a while back. You were hitting the they were like, oh, it's very I was like, I'm kind of just shoot from the hip here because I have really had no idea. And then the next day everyone's like, hey, how many wineries are hitting tomorrow. We're like four, Like, oh, don't do four, that's way too many. We're like, we're gonna do four. We'll be fine, We'll be fine. Who said don't do for the everybody? We told the people in Napa, the people of Napa. Yeah, and so we the next day, sure enough, we start like ten am. We go to the first one. Get a little cooked because Mike knew this guy Tom. He was porn. We were reve ing. That's the word you use when you're in an apple. You don't say, hey, can I try this wine again? You say hey, can I revisit this? And they just keep porn for you. And there's a whole there's a dump cup, which I fell in love with the name. You kind of spit in there, None of us spit. We're all swallowing. We go to the next place, a place called Quintessa. That's the only place I found a wine that I thought, Okay, this wine kind of fucks. I messed with this red red. I did enjoy white though, but it was a twenty eleven Quintesta. For those of you who are wondering, and we're drinking, and then we're buying wine I'm thinking, as even if I'm buying the wine, I'm never gonna drink this, but I'm drunk, so I'm like, yeah, we need this wine at the house, so we buy that wine. The third one, we get to this the the tailers know them as well, and there's like there's a picture that they have. It's like a table in this giant wine barrel and there's wine glasses everywhere, like they just kept pouring like full glasses of wine. And that's where rumblings of Vegas happened. I'll tell you what the wine drinking is. It's a vibe, dude. Like, So it's fun. Those beautiful environments out there in Napa. Napa is incredible, Like the weather is incredible. The people are so kind and nice. And when they educate you, when they ed you, ed educate you, educate you. You had it.
Speaker 3: Educate you about the wine, talk about the climate and where it's different from over across the across the pond, and why it's different from.
Speaker 1: Valley wine with the mountain wine. Because the rapes do this, you see the passion that these people have and you're like, fuck man, that's amazing. What a I wish I could be like, Yeah, I wanted to love wine so much more because I was around their passion and the environment was insane. It was. It was incredible, But we ended up getting hammer drunk. I threw up all over this restaurant's toilet. It got to the toilet though, but not a lot of it got in the toilet. And we ended up booking a flight for Vegas the next day and we went to Vegas for twenty three hours. So we flew from Napa to Vegas, went to the UFC. How was it fight Vegas fight night? It was awesome. It was like we were in the same place at Apex spot. They had us like a right in the front. It was it was killer dude and these we had a bunch of UFC fighters behind us, and we started talking to them and they're like now, like during the fight, telling us like this is what this guy is thinking. They're like educating us, educating us like as they're fighting, like this is what he's gonna try to do next, And sure as shit, the guy would try to do the next that thing he'd say.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a really it was fucking awesome, man, it was. It was just a really good time. But all that said, from the beginning, store like, I thought I was gonna, you know, have a nice relaxing weekend, and I essentially went on a three day bender. Essentially went on a three day bender, got home last night, watched Pirates of the Caribbean and fell asleep.
Speaker 3: Did you get like you and the boys did in Vegas this last yearp in Vegas?
Speaker 1: No Vegas was the most tame part. Like we day drink. We uh did some day drinking and played Chandelier in the room. Great game. It was awesome. We hit like four or five of those games the boys wanted to. We went down to the table as we were playing for a while, and then I got banked for like five thousand. And then we went to the UFC and I texted. I told Dana and I I lost five. He goes, don't gamble anymore. He went to dinner with Kabete. So he was at dinner at that tie spot. No, No, he's no ways coming back. He says, like two o five right now though, like dudes fucking like that. He says, no ways coming back. That's the first thing I asked him. I was like, what do we think he's coming back? He goes he's not coming back. Bebe is not coming back to the un I don't even know if I should I should see it, but they did at dinner and he came back. I literally waited for dat until like eleven thirty, like on the everyone's gambling. I'm kind of watching him fun. Taylor was fucking killing him, like out there and making money. You're talking, they're playing car This is me just doing a hanchester for guys around the twenty one killing him dude, Yeah, but uh everything. He came in and it was like legit, ten minutes. Did Mike gamble? Mike did. Mike didn't gamble like that, but Mike did gamble. I think he won, like five six thousand won that he won that he won that. I know he's in the gutter last year. He got in the gutter last time. But Kyle from the Note Boys, he was there. He was down forty and then they were doing like a they were really working. They went to hawkasancause it was one of his boys birthday birthdays. So he left like ten minutes before Dana got there. I was in a little group with them, and uh, Kyle hit it and he's like, hey, I'm down forty. We got a figure, and it's like, oh, we'll get you right today, don't worry. And so that's where it all leads back to, I need you to hit those tables hard and faster than I think you get away with murder. Yeah, trust me, I feel better about it. Yeah, yeah, got it. Every single time I go, it's just like, oh, this feels safer for Will to do. You know, I'm glad you're always thinking that way.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like once you see a you know, a chip throwing somebody's away, You're like.
Speaker 1: I look if you immediately, I'm like, Okay, Will's gonna love that. I got to make sure and tell him that write that ship down, dude. Yeah, man, it was. It was a It was an awesome time got back. The kids are so stoked. It was sad though, because we were gone for seventy two hours and like the day before we got back, Tayln's mom hit us and she's like, when woke up in the middle of night crying she was missing us and stuff. What we got back though, dude, it is they're all about it. They're so fired up. There's not a better feeling than not seeing your kid for a couple of days and walk through the door and the excitement that they get that is the coolest feeling in the world. They absolutely love it. They're ripping, they're like dogs. They can't really control their body. They're kind of just like rolling around and they'll show you everything probably well, yeah exactly, they'll grab a bone put it in their mouth. In my head, that's what I want to show you being a girl. That's the best it is.
Speaker 3: Hey, speaking of you're listening to this is June sixth. You got forty eight more hours eight forty eight more hours until June eighth to order all of your Dad merch the girl Dad merch We got a lot of cool shit. Does cream the cream and green hats. Those are sold out. Those are gone.
Speaker 1: So that's the one you had it everyone loved, right, Yeah, those are gone right now? But are there?
Speaker 3: Are there the Dad ones that they get put in the score the store, Garrett, we're just as Dad. Okay, so those are new that hit the shop, right, But if you want all of your merchandise for Father's Day, order it by the end of June eighth to get it for and buy Father's Day.
Speaker 1: Us doing grandfather hats. I like older people like in Napa that were like, you guys do those dad hats? Yeah? And I'm like yeah, and they're like, we should do grandfather hats. I yeah, I think we should. They I've thought about the old man too. I'm like, I think he'd like it. He'd love it. Yeah, you love it. I think Bill watching Bust at the Boys on Tuesday, and then I begin to hit up a lot about dog dad hats too, dog Dad, dog Dad. So I need to keep our secrets close to the vest. Maybe we let the people speak. Maybe they want that. Yeah. Maybe, yeah, now that it's out there, Yeah, now that it's out there. But yeah, what a fucking what a week? Boys? Any highlights we want to talk about back there? Do you want to do an ad? Yeah? I will talk about did you guys? Did you go?
Speaker 3: Have you guys been using it? We used it our entire way to UH to Rosemary Beach? Do you use Turo, the world's largest car sharing marketplace? Guys, listen up. I'm gonna read this ad, but this is legit. With Turow, you can book any car you want for any occasion from a community of local hosts across the U U s UK, Canada and Australia. You can book an SUV for a road trip, something easy and affordable for getting around on vacation, or test drive an EV. You can literally just rent any vehicle you want through Turo. You can even get a vintage car, oh Boy, or something classy for a special event or photo shoot. So if you want to flex, you want to stunt, you can rent it through Turo. Every trip is backed by liability insurance. That I will say that again. Every trip is backed by liability insurance terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Find your drive. Forget the boring rental cars at turo dot com. Why why I forget the boring rental cars at Turo Rental cars, Like, there's other companies. You would go to the airport and they'd be sitting down there. You have to wait in the line. You don't have to do that with Okay, I thought they were kind of saying they had they had boring rental cars.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, listen tell us by that experience, it was incredible.
Speaker 3: I mean, seven hour drive. We needed to get an suv so we had more room with Rude to go down h Rue. She had a couple of moments, but all in all, she traveled well. Man, I gotta tip my cap to her. She did phenomenal. She had her a morning little nap on the drive in, she had her afternoon nap on the drive So you gotta appreciate those things. But yes, we got an SUV Chevy of course because Chevy. But reading that I would love to stunt around town. And just like rent a vintage car, it is yeah, test driving around.
Speaker 1: You can test drive. You could do anything. Bro, that's awesome. It's affordable too, Yeah, if you're not gonna break your back. Yeah, because the whole thought process too is we didn't. We didn't want to put miles on either of our cars, so we just we got on Turo rent a car. Use that for the entire vacation. What a deal. Yeah, it's a great deal. It's great outstanding well people helping people, and that is powerful stuff. I haven't used that in a while.
Speaker 6: I know you haven't.
Speaker 1: I did watch a Vince Vaughn movie on there on the flight back. Had a dream about vincevon last night. Well, kind, I had a dream that I had a redemption. It was we all was on a plane, a giant plane, and there was like I had a bar there and I went up to him and I literally go do to talk about it, and then we had banter back and forth. Then the plane crashed. We were on the We were on a plane and it like didn't make it off the runway, but it was in a weird way where like there were these things we had to go up before and end up going down where everyone was fine. And I really didn't I didn't, ye, but I did have a dream about Vince Bond last night and we I don't know if we fully worked it out, but there was a lot more banster, a lot more what I would have wanted in the situation. But he was kind of giving me a heat in the dream or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but so you guys aren't you guys aren't back yet.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, I was a dream. Yeah, so it's nice to know that there was light at the end. There would have been. Yeah, but I need that redemption.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I bust and posted something and said, don't meet your heroes. I'm not ready to say that. I'm not ready to because at the end of the day, it was his boys. Yeah, this is boys looking out for him in that moment. Yeah, I guess maybe they fucked him over, could have had a best friend. Yeah, yeah, maybe yeah, but it says that for a better story down the road. But I watched the breakup on the flight, but that probably would sad. I didn't like the ending, but anyway, Yeah, it's like you like it, but you want it. You're rooting for it. Yeah, you're rooting for it. And at the end they see, hey, it's great to see you wanted. Yeah, twelve or sixt you wanted twelve limits, baby wants me to begin. Yeah, as he's like playing the game. Yeah, there's a lot of cool crossover too, like his brother in the movie. Vince Faughn's first movie he was ever in was Swingers, Thank You, and Vince Bond's whole thing is a baby your money, Baby. You have no no idea how money you actually are. Baby, Like he always used the word baby. His brother in the movie when he's getting broken up with is like constantly saying the word baby, and you can see it's like a little callback. Yeah. Jon Favreau, who is also in the movie, is like his best friend in the movie Incredible, Incredible. You see a lot of cool little East eggs in there, which I which I enjoy when I was sitting is there all Is there a Hall of fame for acting? Or is there a hall of Fame for like Hollywood? I think it's the star, right, you get the star? Does Joan Favreau have one? He's gotta get it if he does. He's incredible dude, writer, director, actor. Yeah, he's a first ballot. Yeah, but that flight brings me to my pet Peeve for the week. If you guys want to hit that real quick, I know, Yeah, Brandley's about to be here.
Speaker 3: He can talk to Brandley. He seems like a sports guy. We can talk to him about some of this stuff we get on the docket. Yeah, absolutely, we can do that. But I did say pet Peeve, do you want to hit pet pee before he comes? Do you want to wait for him for pet Peeve? Maybe we should put him on the hot seat. Yeah, they can come up with a pet beef. I think I wrote a couple down.
Speaker 1: Oh god, Hey, you want to hear good reading? I got you, o, ladyes Jomen. We don't have this episode to bring you net coins. Have you been looking for a new trusted exchange for your crypto trading? If so, check out net Coins. Net Coins is a safe, secure platform to buy and sell crypto that supports some of the most popular cryptocurrencies on an easy use mobile app. Easy to use, easy to use mobile app. Net Coins has been in the crypto game for almost ten years in Canada and is now available in the USA, offering no fee trading with over thirty five top crypto tokens to buy and sell. Plus, you can stay on top of the action with limit orders and push notifications so that you can trade instantly when the market moves. Have friends invested in crypto question mark You can get a referral bonus for twenty five dollars for you and your friends when you sign up and trade fifty dollars for limited time only, you can get twenty five dollars in cash to trade on the app when you use referral code bust and that's buss im Download net cooin the Download the net coins app today, available on Google Play Store and Apple Store, or learn more first at netcoins dot com. Invest with net coins today, Sey, Welcome to the pod Man. Appreciate it brother. It's an honor, bro.
Speaker 8: Thank you for having me, an honor for me. Man at watch you two playbone. I'd get to hang out with you in a bus. It looks like it's somewhere I belong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this thing is awesome. Man. We found this thing in the back of a warehouse. Modify two thousand bucks, put another eight just for like some that fell off, but that was soundproofing. Soundproofing, no happen to that.
Speaker 3: You gave it more flowers and then they deserve We found them a back of a parking lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a warehouse and then in the back of it. Yeah, and Will when he first start, he's like, I don't know, and then I saw it. I was like, even if we don't use it for the podcast, this is what I want. This is Yeah, I need, I need to have this bus. It's perfect. I think it's bad ass. Yeah. Absolutely, you're a badass yourself. Dude. How's fucking life. How's everything going?
Speaker 8: Life's awesome. I got a three year old and a five year old. Uh my three year olds below girl, she's a gagsterer. And then uh my five year olds. Just man, he's he's an incredible he's got an incredible little hard he's just a he's a special little dude. My wife's a rock star mom and she's hot as hao. Yeah, it's not a bad situation at the house.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, how do you do? How does it go with like touring and all and all that when leaving them? Obviously, I bet when you were younger it was way easier.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, man, it was kind of a transient. I lived on a tour bus for a long time. It's like, man, I'd take my bikes out and wherever we were traveling to whenever I got done with the show, or whenever showed up to a town, a couple of guys that come meet me, and we'd ride around wherever we were and go to the clubhouse and then go play a showed and go back to the clubhouse till it's time to go to the next town. And and I was happy doing that. Man, you know it was uh it was a different life. But I made some life change. It's got some stuff. I found out I was allergic to alcohol. Lurne out do yeah, break out, handcuffs, some bad decisions. Yeah, So uh I got that out of the way, and uh man, uh Amber came into my life and then brought me those two youngins. And I've never seen God and known love like that. So I man just trying to balance being a dad and and do this too, and I don't know that that balance exists. So, uh, we're about to go out with Nickelback. And most of time it's not bad. Right, Like when we're doing shows on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, I get three four days on three four days gone.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: But like the five Finger Death Punch tour we just came off of, and this Nickelback tour, like playing shows on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, like the entire month of June. I'm in Canada. No way interesting out there ripping it. Oh yeah, what's your vibe on Canada? How do you feel about Canada?
Speaker 1: Well? I love.
Speaker 8: I think it's beautiful up there. I just have some uh sometimes I have trouble at the border. Yeah, yeah, we were run ins in the past. Yeah, it's a couple of the past. Literally the last time we went You have some good border stories, Oh, Budy, if one of them, I can't tell, because it was it was kind of scary. But uh, the last time we went through, we were on the bus and they pulled me inside and the guy, literally the border patrol guys, you got your gun, will you? And I was like, not in this fucking country. I don't you know what. I yeah, I left it in Michigan. I'm gonna pick it up as soon as we crossed the border, going all the way.
Speaker 1: No ship Canada. Well, I like British Columbia. My wife's from Canada. That's I don't have. My wife's from British Columbia. They do have some wild laws out there because you think everyone is a certain way, dude, you you especially in West Coast Canada, they hate Trudeau out there. They are not a big fan of that Trudeau guy. There's problems. Trudeau is like, they're Prime minister. Oh gosh, they're president. Got you. He's like he just came out with the thing a little bit ago. It's like from this point forward, you cannot trade, sell or buy handguns in Canada. And his name, you said, justin Trudeau. Trudeau's Hey, you love conspiracy theories. Love there's a whole thing about He's like the the bastard child of who was a dude that was in Cuba, Castro, Fidel Castro. And they they put up photos of him and they're like they look so similar. And his mom was down there run the same time that he was conceived. Have you not heard this? And I'm just saying, I'm just saying bullshit. I have no idea if what I'm saying there. So allegedly Justin Trudeau is the bastard child of Fidel Castro, allegedly in that wild mine. There you go, but you were when you were going from Michigan, you're going to Windsor. Oh he does have Castro vibes? See is that up there? Am I telling the truth this time?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Fidel Castro was not Canada the whole article, That's what they had to figure it out. Me. That could be you know, yeah, that could be the mainstream media trying to take them down. Media. You don't know, you don't know. So you you went over to the border and they're like you actually got on you and You're like, no, I don't know. There's been a couple of scary times. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well I used to run around with some some fellas that, uh they ride motorcycles and they're well known, and I guess I was considered an affiliate.
Speaker 1: Is it like the opposite of Heavan's Stevens kind of something like that?
Speaker 3: Are we talking Sons of Anarchy type stuff. Do you ever like the real ones? So, yeah, I had to walk the little red line and they dumped my bag out. It was it was a whole story, but it ended up getting out and going to play the show. I just had to leave by nine o'clock next morning, so which ordered the jet and so the show was over.
Speaker 1: It was out of their states.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to go back when you were talking about you talked about being an electric alcohol but I was reading an article about you when you made your shift in your career and in your life, about being a functioning alcoholic, and you had a number one hit going on at the time, and I want to say you were maybe a band maid or a friend or somebody. You were sitting back with somebody and kind of talking about, you know, wanting to make a transition and realizing like I'm supposed to be celebrating this, and you were in your own head.
Speaker 1: Can you talk through that? Oh? Yeah, man? So I mean it was when Country our first.
Speaker 8: Number one went, Uh, the night it went number one, we were on tour, and of course we did a little celebration for it, and uh, in the middle of it, I kind of walked back to the bus for whatever reason, by myself, and I got in the back lounge and I just went into this little train of thought. It was kind of what's what's the There was a philosopher at some point that said the majority of man struggles come from his inability to sit in the quiet room alone. And for whatever reason, I felt like I needed a quiet room alone that night for a minute. And uh, remember I remember sitting on the back of the bus being like, I mean, this is really cool, but I'm not really celebrating anything because we did the same shit last night and the night before and the night before for months years, you know. So it was like I knew there were some things in life it needed to change. And I was just like, man, I'm not the things that I was raised to prioritize and in in you know, value in life, and just so far from the life I was living. And and uh, it's like kind of like just knowing I was kind of at an m past. There's some medical stuff going on too, but I was I was losing the battle with addiction. Man, it was it was kicking my teeth in and uh, but if you didn't know me, well you wouldn't know I was. I was, you know, tore up. It was I had my cruise and altitude and highly functioned. It wasn't working for it.
Speaker 1: It was life. But it was like, you know, I never stopped.
Speaker 8: And but I remember sitting back there and I called my meager. I was like, hey, man, I need to find some time and just go in and get medically detox so I don't have a seizure or something.
Speaker 1: When anything happened in the moment that made you feel like you were getting close to them like that.
Speaker 8: Oh well, had like pancreatitis, My liver and kidneys were starting to you know, throw me a little bit of trouble. And my health was kind of in decline. I was only twenty four five. It was just kind of not sleeping partying from Thomstun came up until it went down, and then maybe till it came up again, you know, on a on a repetitive basis. And it was just like, man, people worked their entire there are half their lives right trying to get a number one on country radio. Some some of them never most of them never get a song, you know, on the radio at all. And here we are like I felt like I was kind of being disrespectful to those people and all the guys around me by you know, when we're supposed to be celebrating something, we're just doing the same shit we did last night. It was just Kate the night that says number one on it. That's the only difference. And I got my second number one in rehab night sitting in some smoking ports from my buddy Daryl. Yeah, and Darryl. I was there wherever you're at, buddy, good looking out. But yeah, man, it was uh the best decision I ever made. It's a it's a whole new life. And I don't use the word sober because I have a lot of respect for the sobriety community and the recovery community. And I'm not that I'm California sober. I mean, smoke, smoke, you enjoyed, You enjoyed some vitamins? Yeah, I I brought some with me. I didn't know if I'll smoked or not. But these little things are magic, They're they're jeters. We so just so y'all know. We we rode the bus up to the nearest legal Michigan. So what's the Michigan Michigan Florida legal. We're in a legal state right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We we are in Michigan. We're in Michigan. Yeah, we're in Arbor, Michigan right now. Yeah, got it, Go blue, get some go blue on that. What's such an interesting time for you to have an epiphany? First number one, and for you to go sit in a room and be like, Okay, this is not the way I want to live my life. You would you would think it'd be the opposite, Like you'd sit there and be like, oh shit, I'm doing everything right right now, like we gotta we got to ride this hard and get put away wet. Absolutely, So is there like like what was the process for you in that situation? We're like, oh, this is not this is not it Like what does anything specific happen that night? Or is it just the redundancy of everything that's been going on and realizing like you want to keep a dream alive?
Speaker 6: It was?
Speaker 8: It was it was kind of an epiphany moment right where it was where it was kind of a moment's surrender. Two, It's like me and God at that point like I'm a I know I taught rough and I'm definitely I'm a rougher, dude, but my face is really important to me, man. And uh, as far as I got away from God, I don't feel like he ever ever let go of me. So even in times like that, like even in the fucked up way I used to talk to him, it was like I was talking one of my buddies, you know. But it's kind of a conversation between him and me, and I think addicts just most of us.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: We you know they say it takes like a traumatizing life changing event to get a lot of our attentions. Well that had happened time and time again. And I had been, you know, court ordered to go to treatment a couple of times, uh, for lesser charges. And I'm letting y'all know a lot today.
Speaker 1: By the way, I didn't know it ain't got it how we came to we'll get to the last We'll get to the laft. Okay, we'll we'll get to the lafe.
Speaker 8: But uh, but yeah, man, it was like, you know, we have this this thing where, you know, in times of crisis or I think a lot of times it's a crush too, Like if we get in a lot of trouble, you know, Oh, I'm gonna sober up. I'm going to change my life, you know, or for my mom. And my mom at one point, just the age twenty years in a year, I had a lot of stuff going on and I was just stressing her out, but you know, you want to make that change for her. But that night, what was different, and I knew it was different, was like, man, this is a moment of clarity amongst all the KOs and mayhem in my life. And like it was the time that like God was like, hey, man, and now I've got your attention. For whatever reason, he had my attention that night, and it was just like, man, if i make a decision to change now, when I'm not in crisis, like when I'm not at the end of my rope, when I'm not you know, suicidal or this, that and the other, Like I'm making a conscious decision to change my life, and it's on my terms. I'm such a maniac when it comes to that. It's like, I have a bar in the dog house, is what? Because the seventy five are hunter square foot man cave. It's got all my shit in his.
Speaker 1: Where the doghouse douse.
Speaker 8: So I've got a bar in that and people ask me like, dude, if you don't drink while you have a bar, and dude, because I like winning every time I walk by that tummer bitch, every time I go behind the bar and pour somebody to drink, like I get to whip its ass, you know what I mean. And it's uh, it kind of turned into that thing for me. I never tell people I can't drink.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I could probably drink half his bus under the table if we went back there, But I made the decision not.
Speaker 1: Guid it like that. Dude.
Speaker 8: I don't think it'd take long. I mean, my worst dude. I carried around the laptop bag.
Speaker 1: A little rusty. Oh I'm rusty, but we sho be like old Frank the tank and old.
Speaker 8: On the don't let it fool you about what's inside. But I drank with my heart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, my heart drink like you mean it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I mean. It was, uh, it was. It was definitely a lot of changing. Thing was crazy. I went in Keith Urban showed up when I was in there just on a whim one day, and I've told this story bunch, but and he sat down and had a conversation with me and I don't know if I'd be playing music right now had it not been for that conversation with that man.
Speaker 1: So that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 8: And then the day I got out, my record label president, my manager picked me up at three half Facility and took me straight to the tour bus and I went out on the Eric Church Blood Sweating Beer's tour in twenty twelve.
Speaker 1: No shit, yeah, man, I was the devil right next to you the whole time.
Speaker 8: Bro If y'all only understood, like, I've been uncomfortable on stage every times of my life, but then I literally fell out of my skin. I felt like I was button naked up there in front of thousands of people every night. And the good thing was the conversation with Keith. He was like he told me that. He was like, You're gonna feel like you're out of your skin up there.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 8: It's never gonna be what it was, he said, but it will be better. You have more control over once you're saying just the show itself and how you're communicating with people, and it made made all the sense in the world, and it eventually got there. But yeah, that whole tour did. I was like, I felt like I was button naked up there holding the guitar.
Speaker 1: When did it start to feel more comfortable?
Speaker 8: I don't remember. I said it was such a like it was a battle. Yeah, for a long time. And I'm not necessarily one. I'm not really a real scary dude, you know what I mean. Like snakes, sharks and commitment are legitimate, but anything outside of that, like, I don't worry about too much.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 8: At first, snake scared my number one note ropes. You know, there's no the devil got one chance to come to earth, you know what I'm saying, And that's what he picked becomes as that's all the.
Speaker 1: Yeah out there When people have them as pets, I'm like, Ye're the year that something's wrong with you. You're going to hell. What is it called, uh, fatal attraction?
Speaker 3: That show fatal attraction where they're like getting in tight with reptiles and they end up I think dying.
Speaker 1: You guys know that show I'm talking about, right, Fatal attraction. Yeah, if it's got reptiles like that, we're probably both not think of a snake. I get a little pleasy, are absolutely terrified, terrifying. I know, everybody shoard the story.
Speaker 3: I want to say, maybe it was a girl in Omaha, but where the snake or bet snake would like lay byre and sleep a there night and they would it would like stretch out, Yeah, straight stretch out and like lengthen to see like when am I going to take this girl down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they found out. They literally went there. They thought the snake was sick as it wasn't eating, and they took it to the vet, and the vet's like the reason why the snake is laying next to you is trying to figure out if and fit you in its body. Yes, bro, I'm telling you that nice fucking pull on that one. Brother, that was unreal. It's the first time we did that. I gotta learn that ship. Yeah, you just make your own little you guys have that baseball game today to make up your own little fucking deal on that. It's gonna be a mercy rule game. Well you got you now you got a little billed on you. Wait.
Speaker 8: I got sicked for about a month with a whole bunch of gi stuff, and I went from two fifteen to one eighty eight. So I'm back to one ninety two. I'm getting back in it. Yeah, uh not good fifteen or was it like a what fifteen?
Speaker 1: Best ever? This boy back there? Fucking boy he that yeah, yeah, kind of flex this next a little bit too. When you said, he's like, he's I don't want to pull kind of.
Speaker 8: All right, man, this dude, let me tell you, he is one of two men I've ever known in my life to get like cat called by women.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh yeah, you got it like that. You got the juice, getting the camera on him, make sure the cameras on him. Yeah, what'd you do with it? God took it? Took it? Wait, would you ever would you ever go back to the plugs do that? Go to Turkey, get that thing done. You should do it. If you're gonna you talk, give the mic, give the mic so you can. So you would go to Turkey tomorrow. You coming, Oh, I'm good, we'll be all we'll be all right. Cowboy went yes, And I was like, dude, I'm going there's nothing, there's nothing wrong with that anymore. If I ever started to lose it, God's ever started twice to take it, I'm taking it back. Yeah, you gotta let us. And he's like, yeah, I'm taking it back like God ever tries to put you in that barber seed dude, Yeah, in the barber seat. He's gonna have to find those hands. Bad day come for me at some point. But that that might be the move. I don't know why. You just wouldn't right, Just keep it. You look younger and for getting cat called by women. You start having that cul de sac ribbon back there, you might not get as many cat calls. Yeah, but you might pretend like you don't like it. I bet, I bet when the girls call him, he's probably like, you know whatever, and don't better make a big out of it. Yeah, but I tell you they stopped calling, you're gonna be like, damn, that was nice that I've lost it. I've lost it. Well, congratulations on the ass, dude. Yeah, it's amazing. Married to kids, but also congratulations on that. That's unbelievable. Yeah, we got a buddy. His name is Rob Mujie. We talked about him all the time on this podcast Handsome Boy and someome Boy. Yeah, he'll walk away and I'll be at the group of people and like three or four girls like do you fucking see him? Like they were talking about him like that so good for him. Guys are in this playing field birds of a feather. You need to find that guy. Yeah, fly together. Let's talk about this one. Boys. What were we talking about? Duke Cannon, we'd like to talk to you about your shower game four minutes. Here's a fact.
Speaker 3: The body wash you're using right now is weak, watered down, and probably smells like shit like a JV locker room for example. Simply put, it's not getting the job done.
Speaker 8: The boys need a shower of substance after hard day's work, and that's why we use thick, have us on purpose, high viscosity, high viscosity body wash from Duke Cannon.
Speaker 1: Thicker is better my voice.
Speaker 3: Body wash is built to work hard and not spew down the shower dream.
Speaker 8: All their sense are amazing, But my personal favorite is Midnight Swim. It smells like a cannon ball into a moonlit lake, not a dip in the hot tub at the Starlight Motel.
Speaker 1: You could do, Yeah to do cannon this person, actually what I use some really yes? Yeah, but hey you had that cool dry uh answer per smirnt the one you put on and the whole thing out there for you put it on, it'll keep you cool during the day, especially at the softball game. You got right. Now, come on, you have to try Duke Cannon for So for a limited time, we're hooking the Boys up with twenty percent off your first order at Duke Cannon dot com, Coat dot com, Duke Cannon dot com with code the Boys, that's a twenty the Boys twenty.
Speaker 3: That's twenty percent off when you use the code the Boys twenty at duke Cannon dot com.
Speaker 1: Duke Cannon, Work Harder, Smell Better. That was fucking elite. I just didn't want to go, but I forgot, I forgot my train of thought.
Speaker 8: That's okay, that's where to go today. Hey you were from You're from Jefferson, Georgia. I was supposed to say, I've had this on calendar for a minute. Yeah alone, But now man, you got that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boys, I got a roll. Are you from Jefferson? Yes? Are you boys with the Cory Smith? Yeah? Are the police? Are the police really that we're that corrupt? So that's crazy.
Speaker 8: So the night that happened, there was a roadblock in town and that you were within that night? Oh before Yeah, we played the show it Mike's I think and shut of course Smith again, Man, I.
Speaker 1: Know you saw your tweeted the boys said, he come on man, so dude.
Speaker 8: That was basically before I met at Corey. The way I met Corey. Corey will always be one of my main influences as a songwriter because he put out that uh that that first record and it was, man, it was all about where we grew up, right, it was. And it showed me that well, Skinner showed me. And then he doubled down the fact that it's cool to write about home, you know what I mean? And uh, that made a huge difference in my writing. But it was also one of them that was extremely independent and everything he did like he's able to quit teaching and go full time music. And when he did that, I was like, there's a possibility that I could do this for a living not have to go work on a blow truck, you know, insulation truck. But yeah, I was in I was torn around, not touring. I was playing around with this little cover band motorcycle clubhouses like the worst vfws you've ever seen, Like we're fighting every night.
Speaker 1: Probably a reason why you might have been affiliated going into Canada. Maybe, Yeah, that probably played into her figure out the backstory for a lot of things. Yeah, but uh, but yeah, I met Corey.
Speaker 8: So they opened a bar in my hometown was we'd been Dry County forever in Jefferson. It was called Mike's down Under and God bless Mike. I miss him. The first night had opened, I was with a dude. It was a lot older than me. We were riding around on dirt rose drinking and he goes, hey, man, you want to check out that new bar in Jefferson. Here I am, I'm like sixteen or seventeen years old.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 8: I had told my parents that I was out of town playing praise and worship music at some convention called winter Blasts or something in Gatlinburg. Meanwhile, the bar is literally like if there were no trees, you could see it from my house. So we walked in and I brought my own beer because I knew I was too young for him to sell it to me. There you know this is the logical thing. Yeah, they did like that. So I got in and a guy came up to him was like, hey, uh, how old are you need to see somebody d and I was like, well, I don't have one that says I'm old.
Speaker 1: Enough.
Speaker 8: So he said, I need you to finish that that or I need you to get rid of that beer. I said, yes, sir, I went to chug it and they went to take him outside, and uh, I said, on.
Speaker 1: The way out the door and they went to take me out. Yeah, he's got that. He's got that accent. You got that ud got the accent? Yeah, they got after it pretty good.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I knew where I was headed, you know, best of intentions, But this is this dude singing and his voice was incredible, and I recognized it and recognized a couple of songs, but I wann't to bother the dude, you know. And on the way out the door, he goes, hey, man, hey are you Are you happen to be Brentley York? And I was like yeah, and he said, man, everybody here, this is just super early on core. He was, everybody here, These all my friends and family. Man, they've heard everything. I've got a couple of times he knew I had a little five song.
Speaker 1: He pee out.
Speaker 8: He's like, you want to play a couple if he keeps me from getting my ass kicked out of here? Hell yeah, I played men as you want, you know, so yeah, that was That was the beginning of the Cory Smith chapter. And after that that I toured college markets with him for several years and uh, and we had we had a blast. I have as much respect was humanly possible in the world for that dude.
Speaker 1: I think the world of Corey. Let's get back to those police though, what they got that song Fuck the Police? Oh yeah, So there was this dude named Vic Green.
Speaker 8: It was a dick, and he kind of Corey wasn't really in the mood to be fucked with that night, I think, and and those guys kind of were a little rough on him. I know, one of the guys, he's not all that bad, but that night, they they didn't do right by Cory. He was he was not in a great mood, and I don't think they were either. And you know, then the fuck the Po Po song came out and it was like it he started award.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. They mainly just played the live version, right, yeah, the live the live version of Spotify. But I heard it as at his concerts. Now, when they play that song, they'll turn to the security and give them the finger. Yeah, that's how the crowd will turn around and fucking get the police the bird.
Speaker 8: It was a whole thing. Yeah, it was like it was news in our hometown and everything else. And Buddy, every time he played Athens, Jefferson or anywhere else, he told that story.
Speaker 1: But yeah, one of the guy's names was Vic Green, and I want to say big doing now so he got fired. Yeah, I don't know what Vic's up to. Yeah, yeah, I think he said in that live version that they're now gone. They used to be notoriously corrupt. Vic was one of those dudes.
Speaker 8: Man, We're in a small town at Jefferson right where I graduated, with sixty six people, and this is before I graduated. There's nobody there. He's like one of the cops that belonged in like New York City. You know what I'm saying, like straight about business, like showing up in tactical gears stuff.
Speaker 1: But I feel like.
Speaker 3: All small towns have one of them, one of the one that job so serious they ain't nothing to do in the small towns like.
Speaker 1: You, it's his most powerful ever, have it his order? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, that's what happened. Yeah, that's the entirety of the situation. So wherever Vic's at he has found an extremely dangerous job that is filling that violent gap in his soul.
Speaker 3: Violent his soul. Did you know, Brainley says, Uh, he calls it a warsher. Yeah, there's no question warsher and dryer, wash washer, why it is? He was definitely a book by its cover. Well, yeah, yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 1: I agree with you washer, Yeah, get washed up. Yeah. We were talking to Riley Green about Corey smith Man and it's so peculiar, how like counchry music works because it seems like some guys like Corey seems like it's all the talent in the world, but he's never done like the stadiums and all that, Like why do you think you are able to make it? And some of these guys aren't. You're obviously whatn't What.
Speaker 3: Wasn't Riley saying that was kind of intentional, like he kind of kept.
Speaker 1: It that on camera.
Speaker 8: Yeah, podcast is And yeah, I don't I don't feel too people talking for Corey, but I can't say this. When I was around him, he really took a lot of pride man in being able to be independent and independent to his core where he didn't want to label telling him what to do. He didn't want to be cutting checks to people for this, that and the other, you know, for things that he was capable of doing himself. And I don't know if there was a moment of regret later in his career, but I think all of us look back wish we'd have done some things different. But I remember there was a time when it was like there was a there was kind of a hell in Nashville vibe and I loved it, and I was on it with him. I didn't want to play this town until I could sell out whatever venue I was playing in it that was my goal.
Speaker 1: And we did it.
Speaker 8: We you know, it wasn't it wasn't a bridgetone first time in, but it was sold out.
Speaker 1: But he wanted to come to this town.
Speaker 8: If he did business in this town, he wanted to come up with with leverage.
Speaker 1: And he did that.
Speaker 8: Man, he built something so special. Uh he did it by hisself, I mean the limited number of guys around him. Corey really did have a vision for what he wanted to do and he made it happen.
Speaker 1: And I have so much respect for that. I do think there was a time where he was like, man, you know.
Speaker 8: Maybe I don't know if it was after as he was having kids and stuff. Is maybe I want to do got to pursue it a little heavier, and I think they brought him to town and he did, like try to do twenty one again where they did the video for it and and that kind of thing, and it just didn't take. Uh for whatever reason. It's broke my heart, man, because this dude, I mean, watching his process and seeing him right like he wasn't crazy about co writing. The majority of the songs y'all have heard from Corey or solo written like written in their entirety by him, produced by him. It's rare, right, Oh, absolutely, yeah, absolutely, he's getting in the cod right now from what I understand, and he and I have been trying to get in the room for months. We live in the same play I still live in Georgia.
Speaker 1: We literally live maybe five six miles from each other. No shit, Yeah, it's just tough schedules like that. It is. Man seemed like the only the only guy that I know that's really done it from uh without signing with anybody, who's jolly role like he was so prideful and being independent. He's in the last two months. He's doing everything. Man, man, old fire, he is crushing it. That's my brother. He really is crushing it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh asking you were talking about everybody kind of looks back and kind of has choices they would have made different.
Speaker 1: What about you? What are yours? Oh man?
Speaker 8: So we came in like independent, right, and when we came to town, we had a little leverage because we were selling out rooms that you know, there were really good artists at really good labels that couldn't do the numbers we were doing. You know, we came to Tay, we had some good leverage and I found a really good partnership in Scott Boarshetaw early on in town where it was it was more of a partnership than me having a boss. So I made a deal real early on with myself once I started doing me, he's whatever, go have a boss again. I don't handle authority very well. Uh it's some statements.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I feel like you like you your energy is that no one's really going to tell you what to do. Huh.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean they do, but it just doesn't work out well because whatever you tell I'm literally the guy. Whatever you tell me not to do, I feel like there's there's this little damon that lives in me.
Speaker 1: Man. It's like, all right, well, you know we gotta do now, right, so I do. Hey, under no circumstance do you strike out tonight? No? No, I did tell you what to do that, So now you have to strike out? Shit, don't I will with one real bad I'm a swinging for the fences, brother, like I was them. I am trying to go yard every time. I'll tear all my ship. I'm trying to get that thing out of there. That's awesome. Yeah, I need you to fuck up. I need you to fuck up, give a shot. Yeah. But yeah, having people tell you what to do, I've never been done well with authority, even with football, especially like never donet know what coaches and stuff. No, Like I've always said coaches I get along with. But the minute like it becomes like you have to do this or you have to act a certain way. That's for me being coachable for like playing never an issue, right, but it's like you have to but for the most part not an issue. For the most part, if you tell me how to act like you, Hey, you need to when you do this this press conference, say this don't say this, make sure and that always rubbed me the wrong way. I was like, man, how I got to be? There's only two times in my career that I tried to be something I wasn't. It just burned down every single time. It's it's an awful feeling.
Speaker 8: Well, if somebody recognizes that, man, I mean, we live in a society full of folks that can, you know, fit the mode and be a chameleon and whatever I do. I just think I have more respect for those that are if it's just against the grain, or if it's it's just uh, it's the consciousness of a of a grown man to be who the fuck you are, not anything else, because you are good enough, you know what I mean, especially if you're living living your life in a way that you're trying to better yourself and the people around you're right, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're obviously you have a lot of opinions and you wear it like, do you think that hurts or helps you in the country music landscape, Oh yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 3: It's a decision where somebody was trying to guide you the right direction. You went against it when you were young, like try or that was coming yea.
Speaker 8: That was so funny because everybody was like, the irony's lost on this guy, right, because he just he slammed a bud like and while playing a Queen song, and it was like, no, the irony's lost on you motherfuckers playing the Queen songs. I love Queen and I love that song. And I don't give a ship if the guy's gay or not. I love There's plenty of people in my life that I love them.
Speaker 1: You know, I have no issues. Yeah, yeah, you know, gotta try everything twice friendly, Yeah, hell yeah, that my kid is awfully close to your face.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm fighting the hut, was fighting nerves just now have a hold of it. But but no, it's like, now the irony is lost on y'all. My whole thing with that was, man, I got a three year old to five year old, and and I don't like the idea of these big companies pushing a sexual preference or jenner preference on the like, promoting something as a brand that could possibly affect my children. And when I became a dad, man, I've always run with a rough group of dudes.
Speaker 1: I've never been wanting to really run.
Speaker 8: Away from sketchy situation. But uh, man, when I when I became a dad, I became the most dangerous version of myself that I've ever been. I've never loved anything like that in my entire life. And I've never felt that kind of sense of protective, you know, need to be protective, and and uh, it's just something that struck a chord with me.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 8: I have no issue with with anybody or what they want to be. That's that's their freedom to do so and all that. But if it starts to get to a point where I feel like it's affecting children, and I'm gonna do a little more and stand up.
Speaker 1: Probably which one of your kids is your favorite? Man?
Speaker 8: Honestly, I can always just say this, right, don't say don't do the thing one thing.
Speaker 1: I love them all the same. Yeah, great kids, I have favorite things about by us. Right, all right, I'll take that.
Speaker 3: I'll say this just so you can, you know, speak freely like my daughter whatever comes after, Like I'm hoping it's a boy, so I can remind him that he's not like Cerulli and Rue.
Speaker 1: Is the favorite, right my daughter? I'm sure I wanted to also as the difference betweenving a boy and a girl, because I just feel like every dude needs to have a little girl.
Speaker 8: Everyone, Yeah, I agree with that. I cried when I saw the little a little pink balloons come down. I was like, yeah, yeah, I got a few years before I'm definitely going to prison. But what's bad is I think she's probably gonna beat me to prison. She will run a criminal organization by kindergarten. You think, so, oh, she's a little demon. Not demon, She's just she's just like al capone man. The other day, we're getting ready for bath time and my wife is walking out of the room as she says this, But my daughter is sitting on her little rocking chair and she's reading. She can't read yet, but she knows all her books by heart. So she's just kind of making up her own little story as she goes and mixing the real words in where she wants to. And Amber said, uh, seys, he go getting the it's time for you to get.
Speaker 1: In the bathtub.
Speaker 8: And as Amber walks out, my daughter looks to where she was at when she said it and says, no, So all right, when we preface this by saying my little girl could get away with murder if there ever comes a time when she calls me, She's like, Dad.
Speaker 1: You know this old boy had to go, Yeah, you know, that's take them to the train station. He had to find out questions. I asked, I'll bring them, I'll hook the back home up to the flatbed. I'll be on the way.
Speaker 8: Baby tam well yet, but she she can't do that to my wife and I right, So when she said that to Amber, I literally I knew it's my responsibility as a dad, got to take issue. Right So, I'm sitting from bout as far as I am to you guys, and I got close enough to where her I'm I'm about half the distance with me and you, and I'm kind of interface a little bit. And I said, Sissy, no, it's not an option for you unless we ask you a question. If Mama I ask you a question, you could say no if the answer is no, but it better be followed by man or sir. I said, as far as you know, when we tell you to do something, the only answer, the only option you have is yes, ma'am or yes sir, and you go do it. This is not the way this works, dude, I shit you not. She look me, debn my eyes like stone cold gangs. Let me demn my eyes. Cocked her head sideways and in a whisper voice said, this is out.
Speaker 4: This works.
Speaker 8: Without breaking face. And I looked at her. Oh dude, Oh no, no, she's just held the gaze. I'm telling you, she is staring me like co killers. So I said three, yeah, So I had to shoes tested my yeah to.
Speaker 1: Come back at her, you know what I mean. Yeah, And he's getting a little tripping, no doubt, dude.
Speaker 8: So my blush is drained all the way out of my body, like I'm seeing why. I'm just like, this is happening.
Speaker 1: What do I do?
Speaker 8: And I said, I started to open my mouth to say something, and I'm looking at her kind of mean, right, Yeah, she goes from this side and as I open my mouth to say something, she goes rolls her into the other side.
Speaker 1: She goes, it do be like this sometimes. It do be like this sometimes. And that was it. So she didn't take a bath that night. Her as yeah, okay, pops her ass. I mean, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: My son gets real with shout out Georgia Boots. No free shout outs to the boys. Georgia Boots are designed for the longest shift in the toughest job.
Speaker 1: The Cory Georgia Boots messaging relies on delivering boots that are as comfortable as they are tough. Boost that you can wear from work to the bowl.
Speaker 7: Are blue collar comfort right out of the box, whether you're working out on the front lines, fixing your shelf in your closet, or grilling out back of these Georgia's are the best boot for the job. Georgia boots are designed for rugged, demanding work environments and are built the last, making them ideal for workers in various industries.
Speaker 1: You're Georgia Boots are designed with comfort in mind, featuring cushion insoles and supportive technology for all day comfort. Use code Busting for twenty percent off at georgiaboot dot com. Get something.
Speaker 8: He's five and man, I'm tough on my boy, So the difference to me is right, like I want to. There's a guy that I paid a lot of attention to and follow. His name is John Lovell. He run something called the Warrior Poet Society, and uh, there's a thing on there called Order of Man and it's it's really about kind of a lot of Christian based stuff, but John was a ranger. There's a lot of military structure and like discipline things on there, like parenting tips just like ways to make yourself better and kind of be a sharper tool and the shed you know, to you know, I look at it like this, like I'm not really raising a little boy or a little girl. Like I'm raising a man and I'm raising a woman. And the way I want them to come up if I have my choice, I want them to be leaders of men, right like I wanted. So essentially I'm raising a king and a queen. You know, the rules change at that point, and I hold my boy to a higher standard because I feel like in society today, you know, there are a lot of things for kids to be confused about. But we're really pushing a lot of soft ship. Everybody gets a trophy thing and and uh, you know, just kind of encouraging a lot of college to not be so much boy Like a masculinity right right, and and I'm believing and unapologetic masculinity loves not toxic. And you know there's like when he fights like his buddies that you know, he'll have buddies over and they'll put on boxing gloves and fight, or they'll wrestle in the yard. Like I take a minute before I break it up, and the rest of the parents are freaking out. It's like, look, I want to encourage a little bit, but my son needs to know what it is to be aggressive, and then he's old enough to understand he needs to have the capacity to do violence. I mean, I know that's a terrible way to say it, but if he's going to have a family one day, you know, and if he's going to be taking care of people around him, he needs to have the capacity to be the most to have it.
Speaker 1: In you have it under controls that phrase, it's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war. Yeah, see that again, It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war. Yes.
Speaker 8: I love that, man, and you know I want And my boy is so soft hearted, right, Like he has the kindest little heart in the world. And it's just like, man, I look at him and I love, like I adore that about him. That's something he has a heart that I do I don't have. I mean, in just the way he sees the world. Man, it's incredible to me. It blows my mind. But it worries me that he's gonna get run over like that. But he started to show we're getting some grid in him. He's showing a little grass and he likes and yeah, and the other thing. If he had another little brother he was running around with, I think he'd be different. But you know, with Sissy, I let him wrestle and stuff. But she's tiny. She's three and he's five. Yeah, but it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Dude. She planned a like coordinated attack on him in the playroom. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I walked in and he's sitting there playing with legos by hisself in Florida, as sweet as he can be. And I see her little braids kind of popping to the top of the stairs. So I just kind of sunk back, and I was like, what's what happened?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 8: He was facing this way, So she walked around the room behind him this way. He came up behind him like tiptoeing. Now she has no idea that I'm watching at all, comes up behind him and she ran back as far as she could and she hit him in the side of the face.
Speaker 1: Like the ear area with the flat part of her fiz and he just puts his head and his heads and stopped crying. And I yelled at her.
Speaker 8: I was like, cissy, And you would think that she turned around and be like scared of death, that she's just getting trouble. Did that child turn around and looked at me like you remember Kings of Comedy? Bernie Max says, is little niece looked at him. It was it was straight up, right out of the Kings of Comedy. She looked at me and kind of poked her hip out, was like, yeah, whatever, what.
Speaker 1: Do you What are you gonna do about that? This is the way life is, no question. So your daughter does she have a one? He just says, straight out of comptent, she.
Speaker 3: Does not, Dude, I know, I know, I see people. I've seen people drop that before. That would be funny to have, that would be funny to have straight out of confidence. That'd be hilarious. But what I wanted what I want to pick your brain on too, because I don't have a son yet. Put that in the world like that, There's gonna be.
Speaker 1: There, There's gonna be there's gonna be a young confident, there's gonna be a young William Irle compon the fourth out there one day.
Speaker 3: But I feel like if you're raising a boy, you almost default of being a little hard on them because you are you want the son to be better than you were. And I feel like having a little girl is just such a change of pace because you're we we aren't we aren't girls, and you're just a lot sweeter with them because like you just don't. It's not like you're looking at them like as your son you would your son on wanting to be harder than them.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, we understand their responsibilities or the way we understand our daughter's responsibility.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like there's more that connection to like being more of a daddy's girl and then a mama's boy because the opposite sex on that part. It's like uh, my wife raising rue or like any mom raising their daughter. They're probably a lot harder on them as well because they want them to be a better version than they were, and they understand growing up in the world, how the obstacles that you have to overcome. As with a boy, it's like we know the same thing as far as like raising a leader and knowing the obstacles we had to overcome, and we know what that young boy is going to go through as he gets older. With the girl, it's almost like you have a softer heart because they're just like your little girl.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, that's all I would think, you know what. I didn't notice though, and this is no joke. So historically, yes, I've been three times, my grandmother and my wife. Everybody says I'm too hard on him, but I also see tendencies in him that I that I remember for myself and things that I had to work out, and I know a lot of that. He's gonna do it his own if I can give him a head start. Man, you don't want to help, But yeah, you're totally right. And everything you said. My wife is she kind of gets to play good guy a lot of times with my son, and I'm a little rougher on him, and she knows she's got to muscle up on BRAI a little bit. But sucks just when I'm out of town. She's she has to play good guy and bad guy. Yeah, you know the coin. There's no way I could do what she does. But I will tell you this, man, Lately, like all jokes aside, my daughter has been kind of testing us, and she's kind of figured out.
Speaker 1: You know, she's a little.
Speaker 8: Gangster, right, so she's figuring out she's got some Oh yeah, yeah, I've had to I've had to uh give her, show her a little more but stern side like, I've had to kind of toughen up on her.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I thought it would push her away from me, but honestly, dude, it has. It has drawn her more to me. Real recognize real, Yeah, because well that but I thought, yeah, she's learning. Hey man, disrespect thing is is real. And I'm not gonna tell you that you can't do something just because I'm trying to ruin your fun, you know what I mean. I'm only going to tell you to do something if it's for your own good or if it's just it is what it is. Yeah, time to go get into bad, it's time to get into bed, it's time to you know. But it's a parents is one of the hardest, honest.
Speaker 1: What's that I said, let's not smoke your brother in the side of that. Yeah's definitely do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like, do you think if your son and your daughter had switched personalities where your son's a little more rough around the edge, a little more of a gangster. Your daughter's a little more sweet. Do you think you'd be a little easier on your son knowing there's a little shit to him, because I think I'm gathering from you. You think so, because you're saying because he probably think earlier you were saying, hey, I got a tough a little bit. Yeah, and if he's already got that tough side, I feel like for me, i'd be okay, I got to teach some empathy here. Yeah, yeah, it'd be a different approach.
Speaker 8: Sure, yeah, dude, he I I'll get a chance to meet him at some point, because well, we all think our kids are the coolest thing in the world. But it's like, man, they both got a lot of their good from their mama, and I've never been so thankful, but it's like, I also have you know, I'm gonna have a different relationship with my kids coming up, And this is something I've kind of kind of running. So I got a song called The Man That Hung the Moon, and it's about the fact that one of these days, you know, right now they think I'm the coolest thing on the planet, one of these days are gonna figure out that there's chinks in armor and I don't have a cape. I'm not a superhero, and I made mistakes. And for me, it's gonna come sooner than than for most dads. As soon as they're old enough to you know, they're gonna be hearing stories, reading stories and watching us with the boys, and they're gonna be like, da, what's rehab?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 8: But as opposed to being you know, scared of that, or I'm not not saying I'm looking forward to it, but it's kind of gonna give me an option or an opportunity more to just get real with them and kind of let them know what's that on them.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuffs genetic. Yeah, it's like, hey, if.
Speaker 8: You know at early age, I don't I don't want to hide anything from them finding out from other people that you know, daddy had some issues or Daddy ran with a rough crowd, or Daddy got in trouble with the police or whatever. Like I plan on being extremely real with them, just you know, I feel like I owe them now, you know.
Speaker 1: When they get the school too, because other kids parents are going to know who you are and they're gonna say something like I was at a function with my daughter at her school and other kids are coming up to me, and my daddy told me about you. Dad, I said this about you, and I was like, fuck, I hope most of it's good. You don't really know like they're gonna start. Other kids are gonna take their parents' opinions about you and then press it on your kids, which is like a it's a unique thing you're gonna have to navigate that everybody has to do. It'll be a little bit interesting. I got stuff out there that my kids are going to see some day that I'm have to I'm I'm looking forward to explaining to them because it's like then you get an opportunity to, you know, lay it all down. And I'm a person that if I just live where I have no skeletons in the closet, then I'm I'm solid. The minute I got a secret, I start to get anxiety. I start to feel like a certain way. That's why I have to live like I have to. You know, if I do something, I'm like this is I did this.
Speaker 8: And I'm new to it, but it's like mine for me as much as anything was like you know, for for a long time, like rehab, addiction, trouble and stuff is kind of taboo to talk about hide it from everybody. Like with me, I've been to the point where I've just been out and open about everything, you know, but really living and making conscious decisions based on Man.
Speaker 1: Do I want to worry about that coming to buy me in the back? You know?
Speaker 8: Do I do I really have the time in my day to lose sleep over shit? And the answer is no. Times the most valuable thing in my life. I'm taking time away from my kids and my wife because I'm you know, I've got something taking my brain over.
Speaker 1: Has anything to do with conviction or guilt that I'm fucking up, I'll tell everybody. My nose is a vacuum. In College's Near Everything book, Yeah, how we were out there, brother, and it used to be obviously when you're in the middle of You're like, no one can know about this, And now like I think my head, like what if somebody comes down and says that I was playing my second year we were playing Detroit in Detroit and some guy in the back I was like sitting on the bench. Some dude was yelling Taylor. We used to do coke together in the dorms. I'm kind of sitting there. My coach is like, what's that about? Like he's he's drunk, he doesn't know. That guy's a liar. He's a fucking liar. And you're sitting there, uh, on the side listening to some of your old friends tell stories. Yeah we were in Vegas what in January? Yeah, I mean my boys are so I don't even remember. Like Taylor made me do this and then we went and did that. I'm like, holy fuck, yeah it is. But then you like, as long as like you've tried to be better since then, and you're like better, like you in your head, you can like go look yourself with the me Like, Bud, you've been doing a lot of work and a lot of reading and doing a lot of good stuff. Should be proud of where you came from. You should be proud of all that. Yeah we made it, but it's all about you got to get in front of everything. Brother. That stuff is the ship that it keeps my ass up, And I.
Speaker 3: Think ultimately when that stuff does come up, it's I think that a lot of there's a lot of positive to it because I mean, you're Brandley Gilbert, You've been at the top of the mountain. You've been at the top of the mountain and then had to admit that you had a problem and then going to rehab.
Speaker 1: And that's just like being human.
Speaker 3: Everybody has like faults and shortcomings, and you're open and talking about it, and somebody who's been as high as you have to see that this dude struggles with a lot of things that everybody struggles with, and you'll get to tell them about that and like, yeah, I'm sure it'll be uncomfortable, but at the same time, like you know, dad doesn't, it's gonna be a lot of stress off your shoulders when they do realize we don't have capes and it's like, hey, yeah, your dad went through this and did this. This is why I teach you and why I tell you to you know, try to avoid certain situations because we've all like as parents, always try to do like our parents did with us, like try to tell them about situations that they went through. But it's usually one year out the other. But when you see it and it's public, especially when when you're a figure, it's gonna be like I think a lot of positive will come from that. Like, yeah, I'm sure it'll suck, like when kids are telling them at school about what their parents did and shit like that. But you know, you've you've grown through a lot of things, and I think there'll be a lot of good stuff that comes from that.
Speaker 1: It also gives them an opportunity.
Speaker 8: I think if we're that honest with them, right, kind of encourages them to, Yeah, got to return the favor and be honest with us, because I don't ever want my kids to feel like.
Speaker 1: They're dealing with something that they can't talk to me but would suck, you know what I mean.
Speaker 8: That's that's one of my biggest fears is of d It is like relationship with my son where he feels like, dam I'm dealing with something, but man, I can't talk to my dad about it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, I don't want to be the opposite. Yeah, right of that. That's gonna kill me if he knows about this right a whole day trying to figure out a way to lie about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, holds you accountable, but I ain't never you know, take it overboard with him and.
Speaker 1: Showing that you do talk about it as an example of that, right, so oh.
Speaker 10: Yeahfull hopefully you do have those those conversations do happen and he does feel or your kids feel comfortable because they see that Dad gets in front of a microphone and it is it's scared to talk through some of these shortcomings in his life.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, be good podcast for kids look back on. Yeah, oh yeah. They'll see the Bust with the Boys interview. There's no question, no doubt in my mind and I are both in our mid forties still doing the show.
Speaker 8: They'll also say the Rhymen performance last week with Jelly Row were a little joint.
Speaker 1: On stage, but it was classic. Dude.
Speaker 8: I was actually a little bit nervous, so we were in the backstage, Raymond. You know, Jelly smokes a lot. I do too, so we lit up. We're backstage, we're talking and this manager comes in and I was like, dude, you know what, has anybody lit a joint on stage at the Rymen? And he said, I don't know. I know they have back here because we're doing it right now. Yeah, but I don't know if that So I just told you one out there women halfway through the song, dude, honest, Scott, it was almost just muscle memory I told it out there women and lit it up and got to sing.
Speaker 1: And what I forgot today was not I hit it a little harder than I meant to. It came time for me to sing my part, and I'm like, fell I was me, Yeah, yeah, that's great. Jelly brings it out of people.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: All the places you've played, is Ryman one of those spots like, fuck, I've made it.
Speaker 8: Man, I'll tell you it's like. So, my goal in to music business was to sell out to Georgia Theater. I saw Cory Smith do it when I was like seventeen and I was on the show, and it was so freaking cool man, just seeing how proud he was, and it totally rubbed off on me. I was like, if I can do that, if I could do music full time and just make ends me, Like, how cool would that be?
Speaker 1: And uh?
Speaker 8: I did that early on in my early twenties and really, man, everything since Sin it's been a really really cool bonus. But I've never been one of the you know, kind of one of my biggest regrets of my careers. I never really was very good about stopping smelling roses.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: It's always been head down, I'm worried about what's next. You know the cool Thist song at number one? All right, what's the next one again?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Cool, This album's out, It's great release day, was great on release night, or probably actually several months before. Like I'm always working on the next record. I just I did not do a good job of kind of stopping and soaking things in. I try to do a better job of that later in life. You know, it's it's invaluable though, because if I've got that, if I look back at that and it's something I would have done different than my career, Damn sure. I'm not gonna make the same mistake with my kids, you know what I mean, make a point to stop and just kind of just kind of let the weight of the moments with them sinking in so I don't lose them a lot of times, man ship, when I talk about my career now, when he asked me about like when you know you made it venues, I don't remember half places I played. I will tell you the rhymen. There's the sanctity there. It's this different opry. He's got a vibe, but the Georgia Theater's got an incredible vibe for me, you know, because that was that was the I mean.
Speaker 1: You're seventeen watching Cory Smith being lady. This is fucking yea walking out on stage like I did that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well even that night, I was like, man, I feel like I had to do something to do with it. Maybe Yeah, of course I didn't. He was freaking on fire then. But also, man, it's like, I'll tell you Red Rocks in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been to a show there?
Speaker 8: You got you gotta do that that place, man, there's so much history on that stage, but there is like it's it's like a sanctuary moment kind of. It's just a different show than you're gonna get anywhere else on the tour. Like we'll play this Nickelback tour, it'll be boss to the walls. I'm you know, we're gonna have great nights out on that tour. But dude, a solid show at at UH, at Red Rocks and in Denver. It's just hard to be if.
Speaker 1: You didn't play country music was genre of music? What you playing instead?
Speaker 8: I don't know I'd be doing music, man, I'll be honest with you. This is honest of god truth. I think my stuff ended up country because I'm a country dude. I don't really write songs about a lot of stuff I don't understand or hadn't lived, so all the stuff wound up being country.
Speaker 1: But I'll listen to a little bit of everything.
Speaker 8: I mean, when it's Jelly Roll and I are working on an album together right now, and when it when it comes out, you'll get to see a little bit of that.
Speaker 1: You know, we change hats a little bit.
Speaker 8: But my records early on, you know, they've shifted to more just straight directed at country for a little while. We've always had a little head of your rock element to most. But in the next few records, man, I'm kind of gonna go back to doing what I really love doing. And that's what that's that's letting the song be whatever fucking wants to be. You know, if a song wants to be a rock so've I've had a habit, you know, through the years, I picked up this thing where we'd have a rock song. It's like, all right, that's cool, but we need to try to put some instrumentation on it and bend it back towards country, which is cool. You know, it's it's a decision we made along the way. But now, man, the way people are consuming music is so different, Like all the rules are out the window. I'm really ready to have fun again. If I almost spend time away for my wife and kids, I might as well be having the most fun I can. Yeah, man, I mean that's where I'm at life. What rules are out the window everything, man, so we can.
Speaker 1: Say fuck Now it's a big not on the radio, But for me, it was just more.
Speaker 8: More about what songs were saying and how they sounded than anything. I always said, if we if country music itself, if the genre is a box, we always knew where we belong to those right on the outside of it, close enough to touch it. But but we've always been outside of the box and I love living there. But now it's it's like, you know, I've always been a fan of huge records, right like law records with a bunch of songs on them that are themed, that tell a story. Every one of my albums up to this point has been a chapter of my life that you could literally listen to my stuff from the beginning to end and have a really really good idea who I am and what I've been through and I've always liked that about my career and the way we chose to do things. But it's, uh, now, you know, it's hard to get somebody to listen through a full unless somebody's a diehard fan of yours. They're listening to the songs with stars beside them and bouncing right, you know what I mean. So now it's kind of like it's turned into to me, I'm going to try a couple of these next records. I almost like, man, we all remember burning CDs right where you had a nineties country song right next to Tupac, you know, right next to whatever. It was just a little bit of everything. I enjoy listening to a little bit of everything. But I'm a country dude, so the way something sounds may be a little different, but what it's about would probably be pretty consistent. Yeah, but man, I just kind of want to let songs be songs. I want to get in writing rooms with guys that are insanely talented, the best in the world at what they do, and just see what the room's got to offer, you know what I mean, See what everybody's bringing to the table. Instead of going, ah, it's a little too country or that's a little too rap, that's a little too rock, like all that, let's write it, then we'll write something else.
Speaker 1: Dude, I miss burning CDs. That's like one of the most one deal had that ship too, Like when you you like name your little thing. Yeah, it's when your voice like when he's flipping through the bangers. Yeah, bangers, some bangers. Singers all have bangers one, two, and three? Which one you want?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: Or when you when that first friend who could burn CDs and you're thinking, like burn CDs, you're talking you can put all these different songs on there, like, hey, could you bring me a CD?
Speaker 1: You listen one? You have that big like the CDs put in it? Yeah, better dude.
Speaker 8: We had a dude at the flea market. This dude's still around. His name was Chunky. He sold like burn CDs, but was selling them. Yeah, they came down on them pretty hard. I think that Georgia one time, but he did. He's such a good dude, but yeah, that was that was the greatest man. I remember my wife still had a burn CD I made for her after during one of our breakups back in the day.
Speaker 1: With the breakup burn Yeah, get him back or whatever.
Speaker 8: Nickelback saws on Theirs Brian McKnight. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, boys to men, all the things.
Speaker 1: All those you knew when you give that to her, Like when she listens to this, Yeah, you know, just to listen to it. It's a rule. Yeah, you know what I mean. There's no way she's not She's not getting too for the first day, maybe in the first week. Yeah, she'll be in there. She'll be in a thirty minute car, right and be like looking at it. You'll be like to call fifteen minutes. Yeah, impatiently waiting for she was gonna call me. After that one.
Speaker 8: We went five or six years without speaking to each other that time, five for six years. Yeah, yeah, we both went our separate ways. We were about five or six on and off. She was young when I met her. I was working on some community service hours at the church around my hometown and that's the church her family went to, and uh I met her there and I think she was like sixteen. I was at eighteen or something or nineteen. Uh So we talked on the phone for a long time. And then when she turned eight thing and her parents won't gonna let her have anything to do with me. We tried to tried to do the talking thing, the dating thing, and it was on and off for a long time. But uh, what it came down to me was I was doing some things and hanging around with some folks that she wasn't cool with for good reason. And uh, I'll never forget dude. I'll pull in a driveway one night to drop her off. This was d night, and you know, we we both knew we'd come to a point. I'd got into some things with some some dudes that I didn't want her around. I needed to kind of distance myself from the motorcycle club. Yeah, this this was like these weren't This wasn't like a one percenter club or nothing. These were angels, not that, not those guys. No, this is this is just a group of dudes that that I ran with around my town. And not all of them were bikers. It was just but there's some some weird stuff going on. I didn't want her being a part of that. She didn't want she wasn't going to be a part of it. And I remember her saying, like we had named Braylen like our daughter's name. Like I knew I wanted to marry this woman, like early early on. But she she said that night, you know, I told her that I, you know, got some things going on it that aren't awesome. And she's like, well, I need been meaning to talk to you anyway, she said, look, I love you, and you know, but YadA YadA. But she said, it scares me, you know, to talk about having kids and having a life like forever was somebody that rides around with a truck full of guns and you know, two fists of liquor and the console.
Speaker 1: And and pills.
Speaker 8: And it was like, you know what, and there is no argument for that, you know what I mean. I remember dropping her off and and I never would drink around her h when I had her. When I dropped her off the house, by the by the time I got to hinder her driveway number, when I was shaking like a dog. By the time I dropped her off, by the time I got to Endo her driveway, I had a quarter going out of a bottle, you know, And I drank all the way home. And uh so it was just, man, I was in a terrible place and life. When we went five or six years without speaking, we both went our separate ways and then, uh my cousin, who was the youth pastor at that church, called me on June sixteenth to twenty fourteen and said, uh, man, I got somebody over here that I wouln't mind talking to.
Speaker 1: You had and thought in.
Speaker 8: A while I heard you were sober this, that, and the other, and wouldn't mind seeing it. I was supposed to be in LA for a week, and I told him. I was like, dude, do you know what My schedule is wide open this week. I'll be over there tomorrow. I know exactly what he was talking about, and I remember sitting in the driveway being like, all right, sober for life no matter what, or not sober for life, Jesus, single for life no matter what, because really, dude, I you know, like I was talking about earlier, dude does getting ride motorcycles every day, going wherever the hell I wanted to, doing whatever the hell I wanted to. I was happy, you know, but I did want to see her. But I remember thinking single for life, single for life, single for life. She walked around the corner and I was like, fuck, all that shit went out the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I knew then, like I absolutely knew that we were engaged, got engaged, we were married a year later.
Speaker 1: She married June twenty eight, twenty fifteen. That's awesome. Tell you what the one part of that story. Your girl comes home, she's in high school. She's like, Daddy, I'm at this boy. He's eighteen. Yeah, you're already behind the eight ball. Man, have night. Man. I was eighteen, she was sixteen seventy. I was like, oh, no, brother, yeah, yeah, because you remember those girls in high school? Oh yeah, that that we're all fourteen to fifteen. They're going with the kids that can drive.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hold on, strange he's going down I want he said, yeah as well?
Speaker 1: And what what the thirty six I just turned intil I'll tell you what, man, fuck got close? You got closer telling damn story. Almost the worst crime you did. No, hey, but you as a dad, I got two girls. I'm terrified for that. It's probably one of the scariest things on them. Just stating in general, Yeah, I'm just not excited for it. I hope I either. I hope I could be cool about it.
Speaker 8: You know what, my bick, your dad said something pretty cool. This might might feel better like your dad biological No, okay, not far from Okay, he does have a sick beard, does I guess? I kind of wish i'd got that. Hey, brother, don't sleep on your beard.
Speaker 1: Now you got a beard. You see this over here, it's coming. Have that, but dude, it's coming. Like you just think, Hey, you don't got to do this. I got a little Okay, I know I get it all right, Well if you just let it go and go yeah, no, no, no, it doesn't do that. No, I'm a mustache guy. Throw a card now who I am?
Speaker 8: See my mustache grows weird when I just try to do a mustache by itself, super weird.
Speaker 1: My dad always had a mustache. If I love if you had a mustache, you have big nineteen year old dating a fifteen year old vibe? You know you think about that.
Speaker 6: You're right, that's.
Speaker 1: Mine's picking this up right. Yeah he's getting younger. Yeah that's my dad. What was Yeah? Fuck man, but you put your bike your dad? Yeah. So he tells me love me. So I was telling him. I was like, dude, I don't know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 8: Like first dude that shows up at our house, walks, talks acts anything like me, Like i'most stab the fuck out of him as many times as I can till the cops pull me off. And he's like, okay, yeah, that's a little much. But he said, uh, here's what he already tells you. He said, listen to me, listen, here's the deal. Girls that have good relationships with for daddies usually ain't the ones we got to go pull off the pole, which made sense to me.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like dude, I mean, I'm gonna try to add the best relationship I can with my daughter, right. I don't want her looking for things she should be getting from me, from from other folks, you know what I mean, and.
Speaker 1: And other having the daddy issues right right, we don't want that, right.
Speaker 8: But I think at the end of the day, man, if we if we raise our daughters to the best of our ability, right, I think they're gonna be young, and they're gonna make mistakes, right, but that's that's what's going to turn them into the women they're gonna be. That then we're gonna be so proud of. I don't look forward to them making mistakes and having to deal with that. But at the same time, like I have faith in my daughter already as a three year old. But by the end we're gonna have her coached up. And if old boy pulled some shit, I'm not teaching my daughter to remove herself from a situation. I'm teaching her to shoot that some a bit as many times as you can and then remove yourself from a situation.
Speaker 1: Oh my, I'll probably have to edit that.
Speaker 8: Sorry, you have a heart attack about that. I woke up really honestly this morning. I woke up honest.
Speaker 1: Fifteen sixteen years from now, your dollar's gonna bring on the boys. It's gonna be William Earl Compton the Fort. He'll be a good young man, he'll be a good be a good young man. But yeah, he'll be waiting for when you find out who the dad is. You're like, hey, brother, put this on when you go over there, and he'll love every coming shirt.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 8: So the other thing is, I mean, I do have a couple of plays though, because if he's a doucebag like I think, maybe I'll just line on our entire driveway with bikers and make him drive past every one of them boys type stuff. Yeah, and then just some good veway just made him out of there. But the good ones, the most scary ones get.
Speaker 1: They're all nice men. They're great people for the most part.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but lining the whole driveway bikers right having drive past every one of them, and then we'll search him in the driveway and we'll walk out and made him and be like.
Speaker 1: Look, man, I ain't gonna clean the gun in front of you. You know I got him.
Speaker 8: Just know that anything you do to her, every one of us is gonna do to you. And there's some of these boys just been upstated they got some practice.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: The best part about that you don't have to deliver that message. You have you know, you have one of your boys delivered that message, and you get to come out, hey, how you doing? Yeah, Eric, Eric, how you doing? Man like that to be like the good energy and he's just thinking, oh, like these dudes right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, make sure you hear him too bad? You all didn't he too bad? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah they're good guy. Yeah, that would be funny, dude. Right, you gotta get that recorded. Yeah, you gotta get that recorded. You'll have the camera. Yeah, make sure dial that in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Brian goes lots of places with me. He's got some pretty weird shit on camera. I feel safe to say, then, do you.
Speaker 1: Get intimidating in the beginning? Did you get intimidated the night you went to Walmart?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I say that again.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We were we were gonna do a music video for one of his songs.
Speaker 1: And I love that you used them Walmart this, yeah, well, and so we were like, we don't have a target.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I come up with the idea.
Speaker 11: It's like, hey, you know, we should do the music video, but you's standing in front of a projection screen and we were like, yeah, that sounds great, but we didn't have the projection screen. So at like eleven o'clock at night, we decided we were gonna go to Walmart buy some sheets, white sheets to throw up.
Speaker 1: My hair is bald at this point, I had a bald head, so I'm putting it together.
Speaker 11: You walk into this swam and then sometimes people don't recognize them, but this night they were on them. And we go and get like twenty stacks of white sheets, and we're walking through Walmart and people are coming out and we're asking for pictures and we're just like, this does not look.
Speaker 8: Crat love social media like that do literally looked like we were about to sponsor Claying rally.
Speaker 6: Yeah. God, it was tough.
Speaker 1: He said, I didn't have my hair it was on.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If someone was posted about it, oh, a bunch of we ended.
Speaker 6: Up doing the music video.
Speaker 11: It's just laughed about it because it's like all the nights that everyone in Walmart wanted to come up to you. We're carrying twenty white sheets.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: He's been pretty interesting situations where we were at Tacobail one night and oh man, it was late and.
Speaker 1: Our little part of that.
Speaker 8: It's not like it's, you know, a super high crime or anything, but they do have the m word over where where we're from. I mean, if you go to the Dollar General, they'll give you a six pack of coat and like a bag of myth half often. So when it gets late, you kind of general. Yeah, oh yeah, that's a good bag, you know, hell of a deal, hell of a deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So we're sitting in and I carry a gun most places. I got asked to leave the Opera Mills Mall yesterday for having my gun with me. The dog got me really yeah, you know, I walk around with a dog in there. As didn't think Hey, thinking about it, like I told most of the places I go, but this just we noticed that the dog flipped around in the middle of the aisle and kind of followed us down a little ways and I was like, I had to get my wife's sunglasses and we ran in the sunglass Hu When we came out, he had the cop with the dog is standing over here looking at us. Real weird and a little security guard. Bless her heart. She was sweet as she could be, and she was shook, like she was shaking.
Speaker 1: She wanted to tell. She said, guys, we're running a little program at the mall.
Speaker 8: Where the dog is.
Speaker 1: He's alerted to you. Guys.
Speaker 8: Would any of you happen to have a firearm? I said, yes, ma'am, I have mine. And uh she said, okay, well we have a policy against it. I'm so sorry, but we're gonna have to actually leave and I said, I totally understand.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 8: Please want me in the direction of the first exit and I will be the hell out of here, and uh, yes, it was kind of uneventful. We thought it was gonna get interested for a minute. But one night at Taco Bell, we're in the drive through pitch dark, all lights are out. They're the only place open. Just shouldn't have been anybody there. Out of nowhere, the dude comes up and the first time I see him, he's in my mirror, but he is literally over my left shoulder.
Speaker 1: I'm on the driver's side.
Speaker 8: See, I reached down and I have this little thing in my truck that have y'all seen the magnets where your pistol will go in it and it just sits in the slide.
Speaker 1: And you push it forward and it racks it. I think I might have I seen it on a picture. Yeah, we put it together. Yeah, Yeah, they're awesome. I called the dude last minute and it was like like that. He was like whoa b and right was like, dude, you did that so fast.
Speaker 6: You've been training for this, waiting for this moment.
Speaker 1: In a second, dude, we got one real quick. A picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was like, he literally said, do you do this to all your fans? Like, do you walk up to people's door in the dark?
Speaker 1: Fans don't run up on me? Yeah, there you go right there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, things are genius, but yeah, most of my fans will sneak up on me at two in the morning.
Speaker 1: He saw you, man, he had to get there. You worried about this, you know, from a long ass way away.
Speaker 6: Why are you sneak up?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, So the inside of the Taco Bell was like closing, So the parking lot was pitch black, like the only thing you could see is the light coming off of the menu in the drive through.
Speaker 6: And that's why I was like, whoa, Like what's going on here?
Speaker 1: So there was some reason for it.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and the hour of night too, because do you.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, Like you're just trying to get some Taco Bell, some late night bell. Yeah. Yeah. It was the only time. Yeah, come a bro, five dollars dollar box man, you know, Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first time Taco Bell's putting a crunch trap in the five dollar box?
Speaker 1: Bro? Have you all tried that g real cheese burrito? I got no son. Would you put a Taco Bell at the number one on your list of fast food places? Probably? Yeah? Probably? I like your favorite good ones strong. We've done that tier talk before. We could always revisit it. Yeah, but that was without you. When that was the George and uh then I had the next episode I started, I said mine, Yeah, we may we may have done wood change now late night fast food, late night fast food drive through. It would be a good tier talk. Yeah, let's hit that. Let's hit that. So tear talk is, we're gonna hit it now. Yeah, would you like to? Yeah, I'm down. You do everything else? No, no thought it'd be a good pivot. Yeah, it's a great pivot. Introduce them to our segments. You're doing our segments with us. Usually we just do them by ourselves and the guest is she just usually interviewed. But we want to include you in our segments. So tier talk is, you're gonna rate this is the category is gonna be late night fast food. So you're gonna do your third favorite, second favorite, and your first favorite, Tier three, Tier two, Tier one, and you're allowed to have an honorable mention minutes. We're gonna take a couple minutes thinking about it. Late night. Oh good to go. Yeah, this is you. I thought Will was ready for me. I got two, but I gotta make sure, like I cover my bases.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we've been on a tour bus the way I've been on a tour bus for twenty years, but I've been on a road for twenty years. I know exactly what truck stops I have. We've lived on truck stop food for Hey.
Speaker 1: Also, I didn't tell you this past week I made it to what BUCkies? I made it to buck You made it to BUCkies. I joke to Atlanta in one day.
Speaker 5: Close the people an apology after you're hitting on BUCkies. And now he's claiming it's the greatest gas station in the world.
Speaker 1: I've never seen anything like this before. Did I say greatest gas station in the world in your video? You did?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: No, the world class.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe the world class. That's high praise when you wouldn't I had been doing BUCkies.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 4: I'm look, there's no I love it that you're there because it is. It's a spectacle.
Speaker 5: It's a place where even if you don't need gas or food, you stop, regardless, just to walk around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my wife took the kids in there, literally just to take them in there exactly. Get a picture of the mascot, the statue sitting outside.
Speaker 8: Is there a mascot? Yeah, and there's a mascot that comes every now and then. I'm thinking I should probably go.
Speaker 1: You've never been.
Speaker 8: I think we passed through it. That's probably when I was drinking there's a good chance I probably tried to fight the mascot.
Speaker 1: Oh well, well, uh.
Speaker 3: A lot of people. I'm talking hundreds of cars. They have like what a hundred gas pumps.
Speaker 1: They got a beef jerky stand though, they got standing from a controlled environment. Yeah, I'll tell you what. It's cleaned, they'll pass. Would you say it's like it's Disneyland for lower, lower to middle class people. It's yes, Disneyland for uh low to middle class people. Huh that's out there, that's oh legit.
Speaker 3: I mean people people go in there and get their food and stand out in the parking lot and tailgate.
Speaker 1: Neat the fuck is that? That's a streak? Yeah, it's a spectacle now massive bah what about the coming goes? If you all say those while the spelling yeah, I don't how they spell it. I call you am. But why why? You know what I mean?
Speaker 8: Somebody dirty as fuck. It's like the Disney movie, but he's dirtying and there's all kind of sex stuff in it. In the Little Mermay Castle of Dick.
Speaker 3: Somebody told me, oh, yeah, when they when they go down the Yeah, the conspiracy three years on the on the Disney movies, right, yeah, that'll keep you up.
Speaker 1: All that that'll keep you up for a while.
Speaker 8: It's terrifying. Heny, sweetheart, did you see this? Our pastor of our church is on vacation with his wife and Disney World right now, and I'm I'm significantly worried about him.
Speaker 1: I no longer remember are you a Star Wars fan? You pulled your your card? Are you a Star Wars fan? Bro?
Speaker 8: So, I've actually received a generous amount of hate over this recently, but I was. I feel like, can tell me if I'm wrong. But where they're like either Rambow and Rocky kids and then Star Wars kids.
Speaker 1: No, brother, I'm above.
Speaker 8: I was a Rambow Rocky kid. I never watched the Star Wars, never seen one, but my son loves it. So I'm thinking I'm making to watch them fourth r time.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen them all as religiously as he has, but I have seen a few in so.
Speaker 3: My mom was big Star Wars, my dad was big Rambo Rocky. I got yeah, I'm talking. So this is the bad guy? This was Rocky four. That was my first movie. Oh, dude, young Buck, it's the bad guy?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Was Rocky four? The Russian? Yeah, that's probably the best one on. Probably you need a glove for today. It's the most. It's the most you left handed. No, I'm left handed. The glove good, good deal. I brot third four A, let's go. I don't know about jo. I'm actually excited about. Oh, I can't wait. It's a great time. I'm just figuring out if I want to go baseball pants or shorts, because I'm thinking I'm sliding.
Speaker 8: If I have to, I'm going shorts. Just fucking let it eat. Dude, all right, you said it, job, you said it, and.
Speaker 4: You don't go yard a few times you look domb as fuck.
Speaker 1: That might be my move. Then that might have to be my move. Really were baseball pants. I think it'd be hilarious if we were all in real uniform. Okay, next year we needed like do the real deal.
Speaker 8: Uh like yeah, involved in the uniform and everything, and show up looking like we know what number they give you.
Speaker 1: I don't know. We'll find out, we'll find out. I don't know what number y'all are. Well, I'll probably he'll probably be fifty one. I'll probably seventy seven. You have no clue that they even asked number.
Speaker 4: They they don't.
Speaker 1: Then you submit. You submitted Taylor for the numbers seventy seven, seven or sixty nine.
Speaker 4: I don't know your numbers are. All it was was one four songs.
Speaker 1: Like double Z ro Man, Yeah, that was Hardy's like double zero. You you strike me as the guy that wears the number X from like The Longest Yard. Yeah, that could be you, for sure. He striking the guy wears a helmet. Who's the guy that with a cigarette and he is?
Speaker 4: I think is there no not him in that movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about like the hispanic Chuck Ladell. Yeah, yeah, static Chuck Liddell. Wow. The best way to say that is who I think that's Yeah, I think we can off. We we got a roll two Classic T's. Father's Day is right around the corner. And one of the things that one thing is for sure, dads have enough ties, tools, and baggy teas. This year, give the dad, father, figure, mentor or loved one in your life a gift of looking good and feeling good with True Classic.
Speaker 3: True Classic shirts are ultrasoft and fitted in the arms and shoulders with just enough room where you need it for the perfect fit and feel every time. Bundle and save on packs of your favorite styles, from button downs to Henley's to polos.
Speaker 8: Whether you're running your next marathon or running errands, we run that again, be laughing. Whether you're running your next marathon or running errands and a running around the block.
Speaker 1: Is more what the fuck? Hold on? All right?
Speaker 8: Whether you're running your next marathon, running errands and a run around the block is more your speed. Their line of active shirts, shorts and joggers or moisture and quick dry to keep you comfortable so you can keep on moving.
Speaker 1: Gifting can be hard, True Classic makes it easy. They're still committed to their shirts fitting right that they have even They even have one hundred percent risk free guarantee and easy returns so you can feel as good gifting it as they feel wearing it. Premium quality without a premium price tag. That's the True Classic difference. Oh that's say it's you, Yeah. Oh, Call to action, True Classic. Call to action.
Speaker 8: True Classic is hooking our listeners up with an exclusive deal to help you get ahead on gifting.
Speaker 1: For a limited time only, get twenty percent off with code bus at true Classic dot com.
Speaker 3: That's twenty five percent off with code bus plus free shipping included on purchases over one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Back to the episode Your Talks, William, what do you want to start? You want me to go?
Speaker 6: You go, I'll go.
Speaker 3: My my tier my honorable mention, and this is a shout a callback back to my Nebraska days when we would be drunk and hit the late night Daily owns a taco spot that's straight gasoline. Dude, I'm talking. You'll be a foster for the next couple of days. But it is worth and it's a good time and it's a great memory with the boys. My Tier three is going to be Hearty's. I think pulling up the Harties late night. Growing up in bon Ter, Hardy's was a move growing up in Bonter, Missouri. My Tier two and this was this was tough because I feel like my Tier one and two they're not far off.
Speaker 1: But my Tier two is Taco Bell. Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: It's Taco Bell is one of the best faster places period. But you get that late night Taco Bell I'm talking to it's the menu. You can pick whatever you want, dude. I recently I got the five dollar box because I was inspired by j JP's tweet on the five dollar box and what was in it? But a five dollar box with a pepsi goes a long way at Taco Bell, not.
Speaker 1: The ba Blast. Now, I'm a pepsi at Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: It's my The Baja Blast is nice, but I think Taco Bell's pepsi is second to none, up there with the McDonald's coke. Now, my tier one is going to be none other than and I visited this spot frequently with the boys back in the day. But Jack in the Box then Tacos. You just can't beat Jack in the Box. Dude, that is my tier one, and I'm very proud of that tier list.
Speaker 1: Let me so now we say one word to describe how we feel about his I'll go first, perfect, yeah, perfect, thank you man, Yeah, Old Pete, what do you got? Or Garrett clockwise? Go gee? Just in the middle. Let's let's fun this up.
Speaker 2: Tasty, solid, sensational, extremely solid, pretty solid, he said, pretty solid.
Speaker 8: Everybody use solid. Yeah, so it's been used. I'm gonna go fucking let's fucking go.
Speaker 1: Damn, I don't even need to do mine. Is that it? I swear to God that was it? Three to two one in that order. Wow, I'll give my honorable mention because it was different. I didn't have what he have. My honorable mention will go to Wing Stop. I think when he stops incredible is open late night and then it open to midnight. Yeah, I could change that up right now. I have to give out my honorable mention. My honorable mention is gonna go to Big ten Burrito and Albura, Michigan, open un till three am. Their case of is they give you a cup of cases. That's about that right there, the case that's half the size. Yeah, and it's like you said, a faucet, but three two one exactly. It was Carls Junior instead of parties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm shocked you didn't have Skipps or not a what in Michigan, oh.
Speaker 1: Skeeps SEPs.
Speaker 4: We always go to Spots, Mister Spots.
Speaker 1: Spots is an open late but right next to Spots is bates Em Burrito right next to Spots. Okay, but Spots would be so Spots is the pre game. Mister Burrito is late. That's a hell of a day, brother. Yeah, either backed up for a minute or you've got used from the leak halfway through the night. There's a no fans or busters for those two? Yeah, all right, what you got bro? All right, So I'm gonna have to say for armorable mention, we'll go with Denny's. Denny's. Most of mine are like truck stops. Ship go ahead, you go off, we go off. We can't we I want to see nothing right now. Three, I'm gonna have to go with the truck stop. McDonald's. Does this guy well.
Speaker 8: Actually thicker accident as you talk about. Yeah, I'm pretty solid. We get into them at the you know, dip the frosty in the fries. So that'll take number three. Number two, we're gonna go.
Speaker 1: I love how you do that too.
Speaker 8: McDonald's. Uh, just on account of this guy. Some real good ship in it and I don't know what any of it is, and it'll probably keep you, but it's good. So you got three is Wendy's. Two is McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, One the motherfucking waffle house. Bro oh ship hold on, yeah, recounting, recount the.
Speaker 8: Top, the count, stop the count We're gonna have to go Danny's Taco Bayo.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well, so McDonald's just goes from two.
Speaker 4: To out to go.
Speaker 1: That's fair wild Yeah, those are Yeah, can we go first? Yeah, go ahead, Jefferson Georgia put the fist all star veteran stuffed stuff betteran literally, what's your delicious grand grand slam? Damn that he even smoked today, which ye will grand slam? Oh hey that was Elead.
Speaker 12: I like that.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm sick, bro, Bro, you that was You're playing baseball. Those are singles and doubles every single time, like you played a good game right there. He hit the solid game. That waffle house I knew we were in for when you said Denny's. I was like, oh, man, no, we didn't even think about huddle house. Oh yeah, what's the huddle house? Huddle house is basically like waffle house. Yeah, I never had a waffle house. Also, Steak and shake.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do like forty meals under Ford Frisco mill Dude, I took a lot of favors the milkshake.
Speaker 13: That yeah, bro, it's entertaining and as ship I wish I could go back, man, I know, I know, well well done, man, say.
Speaker 1: I was fucking like, can't man, he can't sucks man. Well, hence we got you. So we hit pet Peeve and shadow Free, Shodow and shoutout, no free shadow. So this is a this will we'll do one. It's gonna be complete. One eighty. Pet peeve of the week is just something small that pisses you off, like why are we doing this? And then shadow no free shadow is a positive that probably has overlooked, like the main one you probably think of is wake up in the morning, first sip of coffee. That's a shadow. No free shodow pet peeve is when people don't turn left on a yellow light, that type of thing. Yeah, what's that? I'm just so bad at road rage? Just like a thing. Brother, you fucking pulled a gun on somebody I talked about like you. It was dark, it was dark. Yeah, I get it, Yeah, I get it. Stay safe, stay safe. Here's the world we live in right now. You want to do pet pee for You want me your first time? Sure?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right? So pet my pet peeve for the week actually came to me yesterday. I got on a late, uh a last minute flight from Vegas to hear and I was in B fourteen on Southwest. While I was I was graced with a window spot. However, it wasn't in the aisle, It wasn't in the front. It was just it was a regular general Pop seat.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 1: If you sit in a general Pop seat and you don't have right behind you the exit row, under no circumstance should you ever lean your chair back and it you're gone out, hold on and if you're gonna lean your chair back hard disagree. Fucking awareness. You see this giraffe of a human being moving out of the exit road. Fucking thing out of the way because I'm so goddamn tall. And I literally said to a guy too, I said, hey, brother, this this is tough, but I'm gonna have to sit right next to you. I'm admitted known like three rows. We all had to giggle about it because I gotta be the guy that's gonna sit next to this guy ruined his fucking day because he's got a three hour flight going with me. We're bumping shoulders the whole time. Five minutes into fucking take off, a ginger, Oh no wow, pop that seat back on me and brother, he hit me with the got both my knees at one time, and you know that the n I got shaky knees. I had to eat that ship the whole fight like this, watching the watching the breakup with Vince Vaughn like this, that was not nice. I mean you, so my pet peeve for the week is reclining that seat when and not having awareness disagree? Hey, go ahead, why I disagree? Man? Like? Will is you have the worst etiquette on a plane. How is that? Because we were on a fight? Loubody talks loud, he talks. We take off and Will goes across the aisle. He's in the aisle seat, looks over the guy. Excuse me, sir, can you roll down to your window? That's his property for the next flight. And he asked the guy. The guy looks at him and goes okay, and it Will looks back at me and he's like, would you say the guy always say always get your fries? Yeah, I always get your fries. He looks at me like I'm gonna support him in that choice with my brother. That is not your jurisdiction to tell somebody if you want that sun bink you in the face, it's not your jurisdiction your window. And if you want to let him know you it hard. So he knows I said with that thing, bas He's like, he's my eyepash closed it wasn't like a like a like a. It was like, hey, sir, you could you put that window back down? Man? Oh yeah, he roll it up first, he put it up, pulling it up, Well hit it. What the do you mind putting that down? Hey? Man, you mind putting that down? Like he you know, etiquette we're talking about.
Speaker 6: That's what right?
Speaker 1: He put it back down? Yeah he he bet the knee. But I'm still out. I was being I was being like you know, I was using my manners. Was like he was polite about it, but even the ass. Yeah, I was polite about it.
Speaker 3: I was like, hey, yay, sir, you can't put that window back down and then the back and like yeah, I get your fries man when it comes to.
Speaker 8: Laying a seat back on the plane, Like, I'm not shooting you. I'm not trying to fly nowhere. I'm like snakes sharks commitment and flying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like my four Oh you don't get on the stair flying, you don't get on I don't really dig it. Huh, you don't get on the plane. I don't know, dude.
Speaker 8: So or ended in California and I rode that busy. I'll affording you to Georgia.
Speaker 1: No ship.
Speaker 8: Now when I have to fly like, I have a two week rule, right, So while we're out on this stick of back tour, there's several times where I don't go two weeks without seeing my wife and kids.
Speaker 1: Wherever I'm at. But two week mark hits.
Speaker 8: I find the next off day, next part schedule when I fly home, and I'll charter a yet usually just sung it there and back. But my goal when I get on that plane is to manually shut down. I mean, I'm gonna I'm gonna hit my damn ambion and I'm gonna smoke me a hooter before get on it. And I made you to gom me too, and I'm gonna try to pass my ass.
Speaker 1: Out till the pilot, Hey, don't take off until you see me asleep. He already knows. Yeah, yeah, you let him know when he signed the.
Speaker 8: Parker absolutely, because I'm out there hammering cigarettes out side of the plane before I get on it. I hadn't quit that yet, quit everything out. I gotta have all ice, I told my wife. See, these little boys are trust a man that doesn't have at least one vice. If you don't have a vice, and you hadn't been to prison, the military or rehab. I just don't trust you.
Speaker 1: Mm hm fair enough. But we all got advices here, so I'm not going to disagree with off his mind. Go ahead, man.
Speaker 3: When Chris Long, Chris Long came on the pod, he came on the bus and uh, we had some yeah, we had some uh yeah, doctor back, we hadad.
Speaker 1: Of me.
Speaker 6: Out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: We're going the road right now. Yeah, here one your man. What's your pet peeve for the week? Willie?
Speaker 3: My pet peeve for the week, And I get reminded of it every night, peeing in the middle of the night when I got to wake up and go to the bathroom and it's I only got an hour of sleep left or something or less. I'm so pissed off because my mind's already starts it already starts running, like you know, depending on if you're rocked up and out, you gotta lean, you gotta point that thing down.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: It takes longer because you got to push it down and then it cuts off a little bit of the circulation, a little bit of the flow. But peeing in the middle of the night is my pet peeve of the week. It always uh it pisses me off a little bit. What p in the middle of the night. Yeah, I mean it means you're high strated for sure your sleep. I just hay when my sleep gets interrupted and then I see that I only have like less than an hour of sleep left, I.
Speaker 1: Think a lot of it for me that pet peve depends is if I have like three four hours of sleep, Like if I have a lot of time in my head, I'm like, damn, I get to sleep that much longer, Like I somehow make a positive right That could be like thirty minutes. It literally could be a shout out, and it's now going to be my shout out. Yeah, well yeah, so go ahead there. Yeah. My shoutout of the week is when you wake up in the middle of night to pee and you have like four or five hours like in the morning early yeah, early in the morning.
Speaker 3: But if it's like twelve thirty or one, and you feel like you woke up and you you go to check that clock, like you don't check it right away. You're almost ready to tap your phone and you kind of keep your eyes away from it because you're I don't know, you're playing some game show, you're doing it, and then when you see it's like one in the morning, that does fire you up. Yeah, But when it's about five point fifteen, you know.
Speaker 1: You gotta be up. Yeah, no funk that. I'm my god.
Speaker 3: Can I just go back to sleep and not have to pee? And then you try and then you just you gotta get up and go pee.
Speaker 8: Man trump that It's like waking up at four knowing you got several hours of sleep and you're on the bus. You can just step right up front, like just half one of these and go lay back down.
Speaker 1: That's a nice little pit that you shout out. Yeah, yeah, that'll be my shout out. Shout out. We got two shoutouts in one pet peeve. Hell yeah, that's two birds one stone. You go optimistic. What you got about your pet peeve of the week? Close talkers, that's not a week. That's of my whole life. Closed talkers, close talkers, you don't get that. Tell us about that, bro, you two big motherfuckers. Ain't a whole lot I can do. But when people feel like you be right here on you, especially when you're like a bar. Right, I'm already the due that don't drink in a bar, so I have a limited amount of time in there before I need to go. Yeah, you know, yeah, the only way that had been better if I was yawling. If you're in the bar, watch if you're in the bar sober and you got people come up to you and even worse one to have a deep conversation with you.
Speaker 8: Dude, Well you listen there to my demo. I got it with me in my cargo pants pocket.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I bet you, yeah, I bet.
Speaker 8: And they're like in their breasts off fucked up and it's even worse. It gets it almost gets me, like, dude, since I quick drinking and I smoke, now I am more passive than I've ever been in my life, Like I have a quick temper and not so much anymore.
Speaker 1: But dude, it almost gets me fight ready if somebody like if you.
Speaker 8: Make it know, not verbally so much, but if you show somebody through body lang, Hey, I'm trying to get my ass away from it.
Speaker 1: You know, when you go to leaning back or leaning away and they keep leaning towards you, then I'm mad.
Speaker 8: Then I'm to the point where it's like, hey, both, do you mind getting the fuck about my bubble?
Speaker 4: Just by answer to it?
Speaker 1: Like I can smell what you ate? Like what? Oh sorry, hey, mind just getting the fuck out of my bubble just for a few give me a few inches. I feel like your breath's are awful. You know.
Speaker 8: Plus, if somebody's that close enough to talk to you, if they wanted to, they can stick you, shoot you do whatever. They you know what I mean, They're they're just too close getting inside.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, you got a lot of situations. Get light to be conscious. Yeah, you know, bullets travel long distances too, Like they don't got to be up next to to you. Yeah, I'm sure you're aware. Brother. Oh but this movie you should see. It's called American Sniper. I love that you've seen it. Yeah, okay, really far alack? What's to do? Marky Mark? She thinks she's real hot. Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper. He is a good looking cat. That's the perimeter when he goes places. Dude, Wow, I mean, I'm sure he doesn't need a security team. He is his own security team.
Speaker 8: These people are gonna be leave watching this podcast thinking I'm like a doomsday guy.
Speaker 1: Are you you you you got some you got some cans in a basement? Well you can put that live on there, all right, you had some dehydrated fruit somewhere.
Speaker 8: I just bought a farm in my hometown and it was there was a like basically rumors for years that this gangster had come down from New York and built a farm down there, and there were alligators on it, this, that and the other. We're in northeast Georgia. There are no alligators. Soon after I bought the property, we went out fishing and there was an alligator there.
Speaker 1: No ship. Oh he was rumored that was the property. Oh yeah, I didn't know it.
Speaker 8: But I bought the property that we'd heard about all those years, and the previous owner took me down and showed me this guy had built a fort. Man And when I say, I won't go to in depth on this, but like there were always rumors that there were tunnels, and there are tunnels on the sun and got no s bonkered a bunch of tunnels that go off.
Speaker 1: You found that after you bought it. That's kind of cool. That's a nice little surprise. Yeah, it's awesome. You're gonna stock it up. Huh.
Speaker 8: We're gonna turn into a school, Yeah, like a micro school. My wife's building a like a it's like a homeschool school. Yeah type thing. They're called pods, right, that's just slightly different, but I think similar in ways. It's like I think the way it works is this is her things. I try not to take anything away from it, but like parents would say, their own school and their kids and they bring them here, And basically I love it because I know my wife. You know, these kids will be learning about faith. They also be spending a lot of time out on the farm, learning how to do stuff outside, catch and fish, like cook stuff, to learn history and and and they'll be protected. So I'm excited about it. For man, she's uh, like I said, she's a rock star. So yeah, the farm, I think he's gonna turn into eventually we'll we'll build a house on it and move over. Right now, it's all about deer, ducks and fish, smoke, smoke. I don't want to be selfish.
Speaker 1: You got a that's coming up.
Speaker 8: You're gonna be perfect. These You're gonna be like comfortable in the box and everything Mom's home. They're tasty, right.
Speaker 1: First time, the first time we want I ever smoked weed together. What were you asking? And they came up, But tailoring taught you that. I thought you taught me that tailor taught me that we were talking about. Oh no, we were talking about that's kind of like what he was he was asking me. He was asking like how long to hold it in? Like no, it was like, was like, how do you He's only done that. I have like a pipe or something like that, So how do you do it up a joint? And Uh, the way my wife explained it to me is like you take a hit and you're like zme, like as if she was like walking through the door, like she caught you. Yeah, every time we smoked, that's what he does. Yeahpoke the bus that one time. It was the first time I ever spoke on the bus because you did it with Chris. Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: Do my shout out, Yeah, do your shoutout because we've already done ours. So my shoutout, no free shoutout goes to the chocolate piece at the bottom of an ice cream drumstick.
Speaker 1: Oh come on, dude, fucking nailed it. Whoa Hey, you felt good about that one?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That was Monday.
Speaker 3: I was, Uh, we were at this ice cream spot to where they're putting ice cream in the waffle cone and I was getting toward the bottom of it, and I was like, man, I wish.
Speaker 1: There's that little chocolate piece.
Speaker 3: I'm still hopeful too, Yeah, man, I hope there's a chocolate piece down at the bottom of this thing. And there was where I was like, oh, this would be a killer shot on U for shut grab my phone, write.
Speaker 1: It in Yeah, I got it. Hit her one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah that woul almost You could have just said it. We could have ended the podcast right there. We don't have this episode to bring you more Labs. I don't know about you, but I can't drink as much as I could in college without feeling like shit.
Speaker 3: Even just a few drinks, as you feeling like crap these days, and in a world where being pulled in a thousand different directions, you can't afford to miss a day.
Speaker 8: More More Labs created this nifty life saver of a drink called Morning Recovery that helps prevent rough mornings after drinking.
Speaker 1: Similar drinks have existed in Korea for a long time, but there are no options like it in the US that worked. So their founder quits his job at Tessa. That's right Tesla to fix that and create Morning Recovery.
Speaker 3: It's super simple. All you have to do is drink one Morning Recovery while you drink or before you go to bed.
Speaker 8: It contains super herbs, vitamins, and minerals to help you house back in a proprietary blend of electro likes to rehydrate you.
Speaker 1: So you get have fun at night and we'll feel good the next day. I feel like a real human, like you did when you were twenty one. They conducted a clinical study and users of Morning Recovery felled up to eighty percent better than those without Morning Recovery across various symptoms after drinking. Morning Recovery is made pedio light. It's bitch, I said, where's you reading Cold Action? Go to more Labs dot com.
Speaker 8: That's more Labs dot com and use code boys for twenty percent off your first order of Morning Recovery.
Speaker 1: Back to this episode, I mean we could end it. However, I don't think we did it good. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think like we talked through this whole reclining the seat and the airplane thing. I think if you pay for the seat, the seats are built for that little bit of extra leg room, And I think it's perfectly fine, I think recline your chair.
Speaker 1: There are literally articles.
Speaker 3: Unless unless somebody like hus behind me and asked me beforehand, Hey, if you cannot recline your seat, I would greatly appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Would never then I would consideration like if you see a giraffe behind you, maybe don't do it.
Speaker 1: But maybe I'm not looking to see who's behind me. You see me walking down the aisles, and you know, if you're on Southwest, I always tell hey, listen, brother, it is what it is. I'm gonna sit in that window. See if that's all right. So you never recline your seat, not if I'm in a like a regular seat, now if I'm in first class, or if I'm in the ex row, which don't. Even if the X row does reclimb, I've seen you reclimb plent any times. You're a liar, brother. I'm just letting you know. And there are there are actual articles that came out about how airlines put the most minimum possible amount you can put in. There are that old extra leg room thing. There is none, and you know the little spot under the chairs your back is supposed to go. I can't even fucking can't do that sometimes because the little thing will hit my knees. So there's way more positive than negatives. But when you're riding on a ten can thirty thousand in the air, that's just happens to be one con. Your knees are lower than the little dashboard. If I if I'm sitting regular and I open the little dashboard thing, it comes down. It doesn't lay all the way flat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm saying your knees like it's under the little dashboard, like it might touch the bottom.
Speaker 1: I know what you mean, like, because it's the same way with me. Yeah. People are clining in front of me all the time, and I'm not Everyone not hurting a way when somebody reclined, not complaining like a little bit about somebody reclining on the back. It's not, it's not. It's not complain like a little bitch. And I need you to button that up a little bit? Will I need you to button that up? Betime? We need social media. We needed that for that one. After here, I'm going under right, Yeah, what do you.
Speaker 3: Guys think about the reclining? I'd like to get more opinions in here. Mitch is ready, I have a little enthusiasm.
Speaker 12: I'm with Taylor. I fucking hate it. And the people that can do it in front of you are the worst scumbags of all time.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that is aggressive. Aggressive. But because you told my salmon and gree with everything you just said.
Speaker 12: That, there's nothing worse, because like I never reclined my my seat because I just think it's disrespectful and I'm not going to do that to the person behind me unless it's like a little kid.
Speaker 1: But if it's a little kid, that's the pro.
Speaker 12: Yes, exactly. But the people that do it to me, I'm like, what are you doing? You're getting an extra inch of like leaning back.
Speaker 1: It's not even you get a little bit more comfort because they got to stuff a neck pillow.
Speaker 3: Neck pillow some lower lumbar instability, and it helps me recline and take a little bit of pressure off the spine.
Speaker 1: So take a sweater, roll it up and put it behind your back. Will, for God's sakes, JP, what do you got. I think that it should be a rule, and then it helps the lumbar support that will as bad as my knees are, Will's backs just like you know what, that's when I flipped you in the pool here ago remember the whole next week, I was like, oh boy, here, he's from Missouri.
Speaker 4: Missouri.
Speaker 1: They wrestle out there. I love so. I've tried to wrestle will on three separate occasions. All three times I've gotten tossed. He puts that hip on me and tosses my ass out of there. I've been successful. He's gonna get his, though. I gotta wait till he's not paying attention, because my boy is quick twitch. I'll be honest and he gets. He'll get he'll get low on you quick and kind of get under the arm arm pits a little bit. He doesn't. He does a good job. You can tell he's trained. You can tell he's trained everything. I'll give hi, miss Flowers while we're here. We gotta get you. I got a little bit on the left. Oh yes, she do, sir, meaning business. There you have it.
Speaker 3: No, it's not bad at all. Like Cody's are fucking swollen where you can barely see.
Speaker 1: The hole cut. Some guy in college swolled up. I was terrified. I was you cut him like cut Like a cut is when like you go high to low and take up your knees. I got you. I gets see. This is where we speak different language. It's all right, brother, I mean what did you say? Just say you're with it or not?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: With the planes? Yeah? What the hell do you say right now? Huh yeah? No, I said, uh.
Speaker 9: Personally, I don't do it because I feel bad, but I think planes because I want to do it, and I'll just feel bad. But I think planes should make everybody recline once you reach the certain are so then everybody can lean back and there's no harm, no foul.
Speaker 1: You can recline as well, like when somebody reclines, but it should be like mandatory. Here's the mandate.
Speaker 3: You recline it literally as you're taking off, everybodyeels a little bit of pressure leaning back, you hit the little reclined then it's like a natural.
Speaker 1: Here's what happened to me, because my legs go out and I'll hit that little button and I'll end up being reclined.
Speaker 4: I'll end up being it just happens.
Speaker 1: Happened because it is. It is on a scent. I go, I'll look over and I'll be like, not even with the other chair, I'm like, oh fucking I'll then you just then you're good man. You you you have the luxury of a first class seat or an exit row seat. Be my guest, you've you owned the plane. Well you're sitting and jen Pop. You need to be a leader. You need to be a leader. I'm just saying jack. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're saying commercial, I think there's two seats you're allowed to do it, and it's the ones in front of the exit row where there's only two and you get your like your favorite seat in gim pop the real extra leg room you're sitting in front of that seat, then it's all day.
Speaker 1: That might be the best seat in the house. Yeah.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I'm I'm not a big reclining guy, just because when you're tall enough and you get that knee pressure, especially if for a flight from like La to Nashville.
Speaker 1: Fuck that. That's never it's never gentle and always aggressive.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's always always like a fifty year old lady who's like, in my mind, she's already yelling at me and like doing all this bullshit. She's like, you're not good enough for this plane, so I'm gonna take your room. So I'm already angry that a bit of something that's right. That's how I feel about it. Yeah, but I say no, But you know, I guess at the end of the day, you pay for your seat.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean the button's there for a reason. I'm just saying it's a scumbag move. It is especially the little people, dude, not little little people. But like if you're if you're five to four, well you you got all the labor and you can kick them little feet out do your feet probably don't even touch the ground, like you just let yourself chill. Oh. I didn't like the way Garrett asked for that, mic.
Speaker 9: No, I just got a question if if a little kid is in front of you and they go to lean back, if you ever.
Speaker 1: Just oh, I'll if I if I'm aware. If I'm aware, buddy, I don't need to put the hand. I just put that. I put that knee right in the middle. You could do it. And that's why I have to look at my boys downstairs, and you guys gotta fight this battle. Yeah, some people hit you be like yeah, start pushing it back and and I fucking put this thing in there, like, brother, that is not the game. Definitely giving the little kid, does it? Yeah, bitch, they're on your switch. Yeah, you're little dude, Like, I've definitely done that.
Speaker 9: I'm also guilty of sitting down and giving it a little bit before we even move.
Speaker 1: I'm a big dude.
Speaker 3: I'm a big leg it, Like put my legs up to where my knee needs that room and everything else, and I just I like slowly make contact with it, and if it goes up a little bit, it goes up. But I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but my knee, like it's like yo, they want to lean back.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Yeah, Oh that one's broken. Yeah, that one's broken. See if you're getting here, I don't know if you're putting the pieces together. You got a me guy as a teammate today. The last could close the window, sir, Oh the as soon as we go up. I gotta be comfortable. I paid for the seat for me. It's like we're all on this sea together. No one really wants to be sitting on this point when I get there as a team.
Speaker 3: When I reclined, there's there's there's probably a reason I'm doing it. It's not like I always recline every flight, and I just think to myself, like I just don't think twice about going by going back if I need to, if I need to recline, because the button is there for a reason. And like I just said, when you said the me guy thing, like when I put my legs up because I need the room, I don't like try to like hit it to where I need the space or let them know that I'll be putting my legs up. I just slowly if I make a little contact. That's trying to get myself comfortable with the space that I have. If I want to be a little bit more comfortable.
Speaker 1: Then you figure out they're that comfort you feel they got comfort. Plus you figure out to get yours the most plant way possible. What you figure out the best way to get yours the most plant way possible. Excuse me, sir, can you please put down that window? Everybody else in the fight it is probably like god, damn, he just asked me that. That's crazy. He turned back a plight way you do you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Because I want it, but it ain't my jurisdiction. Brother, I want it, Listen, I want all the things you want. If I could just lay down on the fucking ground for the whole flight, that'd be great, but I don't do it because I didn't. Fucking I'm just making sure that Whilse has joined themselves too. He looks back at me during that, and I was like, what did you just do? And he starts telling me this whole story about him and his uncle and these kids. They go to Windy's and they get meals and he should have had fries, but he didn't have fry and the uncle's like, hey, you always get your fries and goes up and grabs the fries because me. Also another thing I don't do unless it's devastating, Like blue cheese is on my food. I do not send my food back. If I want that steak medium rare, that thing comes out well done, I'm gonna eat that fucking steak. I'm eating that fucking steak. Those vegetables put out a little cold. Hey, it wasn't cooked all the way through. I'm gonna crunch the shit out of those vegetables. Right, this was putting working. I'm are you In the movie Waiting Waiting, it's like a Ryan Reynolds movie. There, he's a he's a waiter at this place that kind of looks like Shenanigan's. It's like a it's like a raunchy comedy. You it's awesome, it's hilarious. And they go one lady, some ladies being a bitch. She sends her steak back. They start putting dandriff in it, spitting in it. And I've my mom my mom worked in that community. I've been to heralds do that. But that's when that lady's being a bitch. I think there's a way to communicate and handle all these situations. Man, excuse me, no, I fuck dude. That ship tailor to that a couple. So she felt terrible about it, but I still to let her know that was not okay. You eat the food that's giving to you. Now, if there's blue cheese on there, I'm gonna send that ship back. Yeah, cheese is not not my fucking thing. But yeah, ma'am, I get there. For a state, the state's gotta be right, or at least close to right. And that's that's your truth. Brother. You can you can have it. Yeah, I mean said, well done. I'm gonna eat that thing. I'm gonna eat the fun I'm gonna shoot that jerky down. I'm gonna go ahead. I'm gonna eat it, and I'm gonna talk shit about it as I'm eating it. I'm gonna leaves blue.
Speaker 8: Or something or like, still breathing, throw them throw it back in there for a minute. But if it's too well done, I'll eat it because I don't want to have to cook a whole nother one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean. I see what you're saying. I see where you're navigating to. You struck me as a guy. That's like, man, just make sure the cow is moving like you say that type of dad joke. Yeah, cut it, make sure it's moon and send it over, honey. That's how like I was getting from you, you know. Yeah, yeah, eating the cowboy. Wait you remember that?
Speaker 6: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Somebody remembers that. The fuck you don't. You're all young as fuck? How old are you?
Speaker 8: Thirty eight year old? You're getting up there, bro, What do you think about when you hit forty? I mean, I got to quit smoking at forty, that's it. You're giving yourself a two year buffer. Yeah, I start doing those. So my dude, So I got a dude that uh many through jelly roll had a guy out. It's like a nutritious nutrition this guy and uh so.
Speaker 1: Huh Jelly Roll's nutrition.
Speaker 8: Iss Yeah, dude, all right, so this those day is George Lockhart and him Presley are the two guys.
Speaker 1: And do you think I know what the fuck you're getting that? But listen, God damn, that's my boy. Joe. Yeah, Joe's great. Joe will go. Boy. We'll go through ballots of like working out. Like he came on the bus one time and I think he had a gallon of warm water and lime leving juice to it. Yeah, I'm doing this, bub We're doing it. Fucking love Jelly Roll. But anyway, y yeah, yeah, it was putting you on games.
Speaker 8: Yeah, George put me on Anthony and uh Presley, Like before he came to us this last time, he was uh in London with Tyson Fury.
Speaker 1: Think in this fight camp for a minute.
Speaker 8: Basically does fight camps and fighters doing white cuts and stuff like that. It's a chef and it trains you a little bit too.
Speaker 1: So like.
Speaker 8: I've been running that man. Man, that's how I got that was two fifteen clean feeling the best. I was what the we talking about? How did I get to the job?
Speaker 1: What were we talking about is. You're like, why don't you try? And Presley does them things.
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 8: And I danced around my elbow to getting my ass damn good weed it is. Yeah, them little things are listening makes good weed parties.
Speaker 1: What is it? Jelly Jelly? You has get your highs? Yeah, little Mini gets your kind of like that little name. There's a if you're in the nutrition and wellness landscape, you need to be in shape. Yeah, yeah, I just you when you're talking about Jolly Rolls nutrition. As I'm thinking, I wonder what that guy looks like. Oh, Mush was telling me about him over a year ago because he was working with you know that Steve will do his trainer. Have you ever seen him? He's got he is massive, like he is on he's got to be on everything. He lives at the Red Rocks in Las Vegas and just goes where Steve tells him to go, like he's got the six pack, the like he's a he's a bodybuilder. He's out there. Yeah that man, that's fucking But he's also a guy. You're like, hey, brother, if I'm trying to build some arms, like what kind of curl should I be doing? Like that's the guy, you're gonna probably ask, right, curls should push ups the day you do.
Speaker 3: I can't stop thinking about this. Well done, stag go ahead. Now, I'm just saying I just can't stop thinking about it, like you wouldn't. But here's what I will, like. I wouldn't let me think how i'd handle it. I would wait for the waiter waitress to come over and probably be like, how you enjoying your meal?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I think that's when I take my opportunity to be like, I'm absolutely terrified to tell you that it's a little overcooked. I'm gonna eat this, but I don't want to make your job any harder by sending this thing back. No, dude, I'm petrified, but like it tastes good, it tastes solid. And then however and then no, no, there'd be no however. I would let them say, oh no, it's not a hassle, like I will easily take you bet no, no, no, no, please no. And then as they're like trying to take the play up back, look, if if you insist anybody listen, no shot, listen, no, no problem at all, we will We'll do another one.
Speaker 1: And then I bet the manager probably come up, but hey, we'll camp this for you. Yeah, that that I've seen that happen in front of me. Hey, let's get that steak for you. We're gonna pay for that steak. And you look at them, and you look at their victory, but to me, it's at what cost you, just cause that wastress a whole bunch of anxiety. The chef's gonna be a little pissed off. The managers probably gonna say something with the chef. Now he's he's already been on the rocks all right, and he's probably his home life isn't going well either that Now things are just dominoing effect. I'm thinking about their people, the long waist right, looking short term.
Speaker 3: Right right, But here you're not. You weren't listening to what I was saying. I didn't say nothing. The option was there to leave it.
Speaker 6: I was like, I'm not.
Speaker 1: It's the option part. Yeah, you know what they're gonna do right by you? Yeah, yeah, exact thinking about that twenty percent which we're gonna make your Yeah, I'm not exactly. I'm not gonna make your job harder. I'm gonna eat this. This, This still tastes good.
Speaker 3: Are you twenty percent guy tip, Yeah, yeah, at least at least Yeah, used to be a fucking scumbag.
Speaker 1: One dollar and round it up to the next dollar. Yeah. I mean when when you're balling on a budget like that, that's what you gotta do. I say, the bill is like forty three and in twelve. Yeah, giving back.
Speaker 3: Now I'm giving a dollar. I'm giving a dollar and uh yeah, a dollar and eighty eight cents.
Speaker 1: Hey, By the way, that coffee shop I told you about where I hundred pieced them, well, the well is where it was. It was like four dollars and thirty cents for that coffee. But I did the They have a tip, it's like one dollars, three dollars, five dollars. You know, they have the little thing they spin it around. I hit it with the five dollars. Let them know.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: Got a problem every now and then with that little fucking screen. Yeah, because it it's because it used to be eighteen or fifteen, eighteen twenty, and now it's eighteen twenty or eighteen twenty three, twenty five or even twenty.
Speaker 3: Twenty one, and then whatever the last one is. Yeah, I try to get you over that twenty.
Speaker 1: I go to that last one.
Speaker 3: But a lot of these places didn't start doing the hey charge for a tip before the service happened. Now they're just everybody's flipping around and they're charging. You know, they're asking for a lot more of a tip. Like even you go to the spous this one dollar, three dollars, five dollars. They didn't used to have that at all ever since the whole COVID thing, and you were supporting small businesses, and every restaurant was doing it because everybody's trying to help everybody stay in business at that point. But even after that, all the business owners know like, hey, keep that on there, let's raise it another percentage, yes.
Speaker 1: And so you you think they're trying to get you in that situation.
Speaker 3: So sometimes so like if if you're if say I'm at five Daughters Bakery, this is five dollars bakery, phenomenal, phenomen You're just grabbing a donut and putting in the boxulated it to me, there ain't no tip that need to be involved with that.
Speaker 1: My man, I'm gonna hit the noe tip. I'm gonna I'm gonna keep it moving.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 6: I got a question, you is that.
Speaker 1: Why would you rather have the option to round up and the dollar like, hey, just telp a charity. Absolutely, I'm gonna hit yes every time. Every time I go to PetSmart, which is ten dollars for the dogs that don't have owners or whatever, I'm like, yes, boom, I do the ten. I do it. I fucking have to. It's karma. You're gonna get that back? Can you get that back? Ten times? No? No, no, no, that's weird. You guys been seeing the boy given lately and I've seems like everything's.
Speaker 3: Brother with the intent to receive that ain't given, no brother, I just gotta load the carma bucket to get some positive eyes in return.
Speaker 1: That ain't That's exactly what I do. Yeah, that's exactly.
Speaker 8: What I do.
Speaker 1: It don't matter how you're still giving this? Ain't. They don't ask cow, they don't ask how, they ask how many this that? This is? That essentially what I just fucking said to you. We got two hours, less than two hours we have to be at the ballpark, and I gotta get a ball glove, a ball glove. I gotta get a glove. Some more of those get you highs when we get to the ballpark. Those things are are elite. They are. We gotta fly back to Nashville though, because we're in Michigan right now doing this podcast. Correct, Yes, we gotta hurry up and get there. Boys. Thank you for tuning in. Please subscribe eight five stars. Is there anything you like to plug before you?
Speaker 8: Man, just thank you all for having us out today. We got a little thing, you know, we're talking about Jelly Row. We're working on a little album together. Hell, yes, I should be at pretty soon. Coach say this this summer on tour with Nickelback, and uh, it's gonna be a held a show.
Speaker 1: Thank you man. That was a lot of fun. He places and get tickets everywhere everywhere, and tell me website my website Brandley geab is Brandley Gilbert dot com. That's the one Brandley Gilbert dot com beloved. Big hugs, tiny kisses day. That was a great time. That great