Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Man. Welcome back to Coast to Coast George Nori with you Elaine Starling with US international speaker ted ex presenter podcaster. She combines proven business strategies with personal development and spiritual insights in order to help others realize their dreams. Elaine, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Hey George, I am so happy to join you.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to this and great book, by the way, Five Steps to Activate Your Abundance.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I had such a blast writing that book. It really just poured out of me, and I hope that you heard my voice in every page. I do.
Speaker 2: Now, and when we talk about abundance, there are different kinds of abundance. One is personal for wealth and well being. There's another spiritual type of abundance. What do you talk about primarily?
Speaker 3: You know, I talk about all of it because I really want people to be able to unlock their own personal power so they experience abundance in every single area of their life. That's everything from wealth, opportunities, relationships, and personal fulfillment. I cover the entire thing.
Speaker 2: We're going to go through these five steps as well. But you call yourself the abundance ambassador. How come you know?
Speaker 3: I love the idea that an ambassador introduces you to new cultures and customs, and I'm really helping people embrace the mindset and habits that lead to an extraordinary and abundant life so they fall in love with their own life.
Speaker 2: Did you always feel this way, Elaine?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't, you know? It was really interesting. I was blessed on Year's Day two thousand and five to have a stroke, and I always be blessed because during my stroke, I had an incredible conversation with God and I just was blown away because I got this incredible download about how everything works, why we're alive, how we can live our best life, and what happens next after this life. And honestly, George, don't worry about it. It's a graduation, it's not an ending. But at the end of this conversation, I was told to share what I'd learned, and that's what I've been doing ever since. But it's been quite a journey for me because every time I would ask a question, the answer would immediately come into my body. Past present, future colors we can't see sounds we can't hear. It was kind of like swallowing Google holes. All the lights that shares, the videos, the keywords, do everything, and I had to synthesize and summarize and make it actionable for everybody. And that's really what I did with my book.
Speaker 2: Let's go back to the stroke, if it's not too painful for you, Elaine. Though New Year's Eve, you said.
Speaker 3: New Year's Day and I was on vacation in New Zealand. It was interesting because I was wandering around. I'd had breakfast and some of the shops were open, were poking in and out of the shop, and all of a sudden, I got tunnel vision with little sparkles around the outside. And then my right arm went numb and the right side of my face went numb. So my husband immediately walked me to a little medical center and they gave me an ask for and they asked me to describe the poster on the wall. And I knew exactly what they said. I knew exactly what was in the poster, but the words that came out of my mouth made no sense.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I felt great, I felt awesome. It was like a lazy Saturday morning where I just wanted to roll over and hit the sleep alarm, and so finally I asked if it was okay for me to just relax, and they said, sure, go ahead. So as soon as I did, I found myself inside this massive cloud and I was part of it and it was part of me. And I felt this cloud expressing so much approval and appreciation for me. And of course I've been raised to be proper young lady. So I immediately was like, oh, are you kid me? I got all that, I don't speak multiple languages, I am a fault ruld hunger. Come on, what are you talking about? And I immediately received the message, Oh, you don't understand how this works. See, you're designed with your skills, your abilities, your talents, your interests, your preferences, as well as your hot buttons, your issues, your faults, your foibles, your living beliefs. We put all of those things together to create exactly what is needed right now. You are perfect because of your imperfections. And I had a serious to we are not in Kansas anymore moment. It was like, whoa, something interesting is happening here, And so I started asking questions and at the very end of this conversation, I got the message, are you sure you're done? I was like, Oh, no, we're happing through our vacation. We're loving New Zealand. It's really awesome. I said, no, no, no, you said that you were done thrashing in your business. You felt like you were just going to kind of give up and accept the status quo. Now, if you're sure you're done, we can use that ectoplasm for something else. Are you sure you're done? And I knew that I was really close to something important, and if I chose to say, I'd have to start all over again from the very beginning, and it would be more difficult to get back to where I already was. So I said, no, I'm not done, and I heard, great, get back and get busy. And I came out of the stroke with absolutely no damage.
Speaker 2: That is remarkable. That's a miracle all by itself. Now, was this the moment of your spiritual awakening?
Speaker 3: It sure was. It sure was, you know, because before that, every once in a while I would receive a bit of inspiration. But I didn't realize just how completely interwoven our spiritual nature is into everything we do. And that really flipped the switch for me.
Speaker 2: Then nineteen years later you wrote five steps to Activate your abundance. What took you so long?
Speaker 3: Well man, try to figure out how to explain it to people in a simple way and make it really fun. That is so important. I can't stress this enough, you know, George. I decided a few years ago, I'm not going to quote work anymore, because every time I think of the word work, it feels heavy, it feels confining, it feels like I have to. It feels like I have to, like I have to do it all by myself, all on my own. And so I decided, instead of using the word work, I'm going to use the word play. So now I play with everything I do, and I play hard, but I so much fun and I could play with other people and I get too. It's not I have to. I love too. It was really interesting. I came across some research that was done in the nineteen eighties with children, and they took two different groups of kids. They were going to teach them the exact same thing. And one group used the traditional classroom environment, you know, all business. The other room was taught using a play structure with some kind of interactive game. Well, it took the kids in his classroom thirty times longer to learn the same stuff. So when we're willing to let go and have fun and be playful, that's when we're much more receptive and more information comes through. I experienced the divine as a pro restive joy, just over the top happy, excited, delighted, silly, playful, and they're constantly reminded me might not have fun. This life is designed to be unfolding joy.
Speaker 2: When I was a kiddy lane, I had a motto work hard, play hard, and by that as a teenager, I sold shoes in school, I played football, baseball, theatrics, I was a thespian acting. I did it all. I just never stopped, And to this day I have that same motto, work hard, play hard. That's pretty similar to what you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely, you can have a lot of fun doing what most people think of as work. But when you're loving what you do and you recognize the difference you make for yourself and for others by sharing your skills and talents, continually being willing to grow and learn, Oh my gosh, you're just on fire, unstoppable, and that energy is so compelling to other people. They want what you've got, and so they're attracted to work with you. Yeah, by all means, play your heart out. It makes a massive difference.
Speaker 2: How did you come up with five steps to activate your abundance? Why not four? Why not six?
Speaker 3: It's because I was divinely guided through the whole process. It's really interesting when I collaborate with the divine. I ask questions and then I sit in silence and let the message flow through, and I keep asking questions until nothing else comes through. And so I was really asking, how can we go from where we are now to creating the life of our dreams? What does that look like? And how do we get there from here? And that's when those steps came through.
Speaker 2: What does abundance mean to you?
Speaker 3: It really starts as a an inside feeling. It's feeling good about who you are and what you contribute in the world. It's noticing the little things around you that are just amazing. It's not just external success, it's that internal state of well being, a deep sense of contentment. You feel good about yourself, good about your life, good about the present moment, and you recognize just how capable and resourceful you are, so you're more open more approachable, more engaging. I honestly feel that abundance is gratitude in action. You are fully embracing right now. You're not distracted by the past or freaked out about the future. You're living right now and appreciating the richness of this moment.
Speaker 2: Would you call friends part of your abundance?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Absolutely tell me more about that part.
Speaker 3: Every single relationship you have is designed to reflect and amplify who you are. And sometimes it's hard for us to see ourselves, and so we tend to look outside at our friends to see who we really are. Friends are there to push us, to inspire us, to empower us, so they play a really vital role in our personal growth.
Speaker 2: Good for you. Did it take you long to come up with these concepts?
Speaker 3: Well, it only took me, what nineteen years? Eighteen years I was living it and trying to find how do I articulate this because, honestly, in George, one of the things that I realized is the power of the words that we use. So I want to share a little story with you because I think it is really important. A few months ago, I was in my kitchen doing dishes and I was just kind of amusing over. You know, sometimes you working on a project and it comes together really easily, it's just no big deal. It's a snap, it's a breeze. And then other times you're working on a project and it's a freaking slog. It doesn't matter what you do, you hit problem, roadblock, challenge, issue. It's so frustrating. And I was just wondering why does that happen? And I immediately felt and heard a very loud, forceful voice in my body that said, when you deny your power, your power is denied to you. When you acknowledge your power, your power is shown to you. You are more powerful than you can imagine. I was like, whoa, dride off my hands and go write it down. I'm like, denying my power? What am I? How am I denying my I don't want to do that anymore? What am I doing? And I realized that often it's the words I use, So I am choosing my words with more care. Now I'm replacing the words want and try and need with choose and decide and desire, And that really makes a difference. Every word has energy attached to it. It has an emotional energy in a sensation. So when you feel the word want, you can feel how it's limiting. Right. It's like if you feel lack in it, but when you say choose you feel power in it. It feels expansive. So yeah, words make a massive difference.
Speaker 2: What makes people Elaine in your opinion.
Speaker 3: Happy, Everyone has as the opportunity to feel blessed. One of the messages that I received is you are a blessing, and you are blessed. And because you are a blessing, it's important to notice all the blessings around you. The di mind is continually showering you with all kinds of things that you could enjoy and be grateful for. And honestly, gratitude is the gateway to abundance. Gratitude is the aport of your abundance tree. In fact, energy, I'm sorry, money is just the energy of gratitude. You write that check for electricity because you really like it when the electricity stays on.
Speaker 2: You might not like the check, but you like it when it's on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sure like it when it's on. And so when you think of writing that check as a way of expressing gratitude, you know you create opportunities by using your skills, your gifts your abilities to make it difference for others and giving them the opportunity to show their gratitude back to you. And one of the ways they show gratitude is with money, so not the only way, but it's one way.
Speaker 2: Abundance. There's a definition there too, though, isn't there.
Speaker 3: Absolutely If you look up abundance in the dictionary, you will see that the technical term is more than enough. And I'm going to tell you, George, just about every single person that I talk to, unfortunately these days, they really don't feel like enough, let alone more than enough. And so I think it's really important for us to understand where that comes from and what our personal power is. How we can open ourselves up to feel valuable and appreciate who we are now. One of the things that I love to do, and I did it today right before our show. I hire attitude adjustment angels. It's awesome and it really works. I love doing this with people really skeptical, especially because it breaks them out when it works so well. So there are gazillions of angels out there. If they are bored to tears because they've got nothing to do, and they can help us, they will help us but we have to talk to them and ask for their assistance. So what I like to do is hire attitude adjustment angels, and I hire them for me first, and then I hire them for everybody else that I'm going to engage with, or interact with, or impact in any way. And so here's how I like to hire them, angels. I love and appreciate you. Thank you so much for all the blessings you send my way all the time. I'm hiring attitude adjustment angels to help me focus on all these blessings so that I'm aware of all the abundance that is around me in every single moment. I love how the things that normally bother me or drive me nuts, the things that trigger me are suddenly either hysterically funny so you know it doesn't really bother me, or there's a minor I don't even notice it. All I see are the blessings that surround me. Thank you so much for guiding me to all these blessings. I love you, I appreciate you. Thanks for everything you do.
Speaker 2: Are they always there? Are they always there for you?
Speaker 3: Always? Always? And in freaky ways too, like all the lights line up and they're green and still getting stuck in a lot of traffic lights. You know, it's the awesome parking spot. It's the here. I'm working on something and somebody casually mentions a book that has the exact thing that I'm looking for. It shows up in all kinds of ways. It's a way for you to open yourself up to receive that divine guidance you're so anxious to receive.
Speaker 2: What is the one thing that you should never do seeking abundance?
Speaker 3: You know? I think one of the things people struggle with the most is intensity. And what I mean by that is we have an emotional intensity around the things that we want. Look at it this way. You're madly in love with your spouse and you happen to see some strangers kissing, well, you might think, oh, that's so cute, that's just churning. But if you happen to see the spouse that you love at a door kissing somebody else, all of a sudden, there's a lot of emotional intensity around that. You're not happy about it at all. And what happens. This is the part where people struggle the most in trying to manifest what they want in their lives. Whenever you want something like you really really want it, yesterday would be perfect, you're actually creating a wave that pushes it just beyond your ability to have what you desire. So here's the way to tune down that intensity. Start imagining that you already have whatever it is you want. It could be a thing, it could be a relationship, it could be an experience. Start imagining that you have it right now, and develop a level of familiarity with it so it feels normal that this is a part of your everyday life. You can role play, you can dress up, you can have dinners where you're eating exotic foods. If you like to travel, you can watch documentary. Surround yourself in the experience so much that it's normal for you, and when it starts to feel really normal, then you don't have that emotional intensity anymore. Of course, you still want it, but you can let that desire relax.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast am every weeknight at oneam Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more