Speaker 1: Good morning, peeps, and welcome to wok F Daily with Meet your Girl Danielle Moody recording from the Home Bunker. So, folks, funny thing. Guess who just voted early but wants to eliminate early voting for everyone else in the country, Donald Trump. As reported by Kamala HQ, they put up a clip of Donald Trump on Fox News speaking about how wonderful it was for him to cast his ballot early, and what a wonderful system Florida has, you know, the very same system that he doesn't want you all to have access to. I tell you that the hypocrisy is just so thick. It feels like why Washington DC in August? It is just unbearable. At this point, speaking of hypocrisy, can we talk about the fact that all of mainstream media Washington Post, New York Times, Politico and others got a tip on hacked emails of Donald Trump, and guess who decided not to publish those emails? All of corporate mainstream media, The very same corporate mainstream media that did decide to run a hit job in twenty sixteen that most likely helped Hillary Clinton lose the election to a known pussy grabbing, grifting, criminal. I just am so fucking done with mainstream corporate media. I know that I say this every single week, but I always have to show you exactly where the receipts lie. This is the same mainstream media that ran I don't even know how many goddamn stories on Hillary Clinton's separate server, her private server, her emails, but her emails, but her emails, but her emails. But when you have access to Donald Trump's emails from the same type of hackers, you decide not to do that. So there's only one thing that is clear to me and to the rest of the public, which is that corporate mainstream media is in the bag for Donald Trump. And that is where they have been right. Because again, where are all of the stories now that Biden has removed himself from the presidential race, Where are all the stories about Donald Trump being the oldest person to ever run for president of the United States? After his is our long ramble at mar A Lago that they called the quote unquote press conference where he went off on so many tangents where he was just recently with Elon Musk on that broke down place called spaces where his words were slurring and again off on tangents. Where are the calls about his cognitive decline. Where are the calls about Donald Trump not being fit for office? Where are the calls around his stamina since he hasn't been on the campaign trail? None of it right. So one can only say then that the idea which was planted by Republicans that somehow we have a liberal media is bullshit because if the media was quote unquote liberal, then we would have stories about Donald Trump's criminality, about his cognitive decline, about his emails, about all of the ways in which his son in law raped in two billion dollars from the Saudis as soon as he stepped outside of the White House, that there would be the same amount of coverage that Hunter Biden's laptop got, would be the same amount of coverage that you would see the actual money that Jared Kushner, Oh and the patents that Ivanka Trump got from China during her father's administration. But you don't see those fucking stories. There isn't wal to wall coverage. And so it's Republicans once again that run the media, that are sitting in the c suites that are deciding for you. What you should know versus what you should not know. And I will tell you, friends that this is absolute bullshit. And for so long we continue to say to ourselves, oh, no, Donald Trump like he you know, he's a criminal, this, that and the other thing. It is folks like myself in independent media and folks that are in the uh independent sphere that are the ones that are breaking out the news because if you leave it to the CNNs and the msnbcs of the world, folks, you wouldn't know anything. So all I have to say and will consistently say, is that I want you to continue to support outlets like mine, outlets like Mary Trump media outlets that are giving you the news that are unfiltered and without the bullshit, because if you are relying on these other outlets to guide you through this election cycle, you are going to be left in the dark. I also want to give give a shout out to Governor Walls, who the Republican Party has not found a way to attack this man, and so they've tried now to attack his military service and to do what they did to John Carry so many moons ago. The funny thing is, though, that one we know that Donald Trump evaded the draft by getting his daddy to call into a doctor to get him a doctor's note about quote unquote bone spurs that no one in the Trump family has ever fucking served their country, has never done anything but served themselves. We know that jd. Vance has served his country, but not for two plus decades in the way that Governor Tim Walls has. So recently, Governor Walls was speaking at the Ask Me event, their conference where he talked about his military service, and this clip is going around and folks, I would encourage you. I am also doing a micro show on Mary Trump Media called Get Woke with Danielle. That is a short version video show on YouTube. So check that out because I did cover this there and you can subscribe to the channel and that show comes out on Wednesdays and Saturdays. But Governor Walls, you know, he said, no one who is brave enough should to put on a uniform to defend their country should be denigrated for that service. The only thing that you should say is thank you. And so in his message at ask Me, he said, and so to my opponent, speaking of jd Vance, thank you for your service, because I'm telling you that there is nothing that gets on under these people's skin more than decency and joy, both of which the Harris Walls campaign has in spades, and Maga has zilch. Coming up next, dear friends, my conversation with our friend, our in house doctor, doctor Jonathan Metzel, where we talk about the VP pick and we talk about where this campaign currently stands on the conversation around gun safety and gun control. Folks, you know that whenever had the opportunity to sit down with our friend, our in house doctor, doctor Jonathan Metzel, we are always thrilled. And Jonathan, it has been a incredible few weeks in democratic circles since the transition from Biden to Harris, and when we last spoke, I'm not quite sure if we had a vice per residential candidate because I can't keep my days or hours straight. But since Governor Waltz has been rolled out as the VP choice one, I will say that on my end, I think that this campaign has been seamless thus far, and that is saying a lot. We don't get treated to campaigns like this that actually listen to the people, that react in real time, that are punching back in smart and funny ways, that are going viral. But I want to get your thoughts on the way in which this campaign is handling Governor Waltz and his gun record and being in a red state and kind of lifting it up as a counter punch to Republicans.
Speaker 2: Well, on one hand, I think it's great.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the fact that there are so many images of him hunting or in the military holding a weapon. I think it's important, right because a lot of time we just have this divide between like pro or anti gun, and I think that there's an opportunity here to trouble that a little bit, which I think is a great opportunity. So I think it's a better place to be and than we were a few weeks ago, and I think it's important. I think there are, as I've said for years here, you know, centrist gun owners who are just very susceptible to the message that they're going to come take your guns away and.
Speaker 2: Things like that.
Speaker 3: I think the caveat is that there's a liberal framing of guns and there's a conservative framing of guns. The liberal framing of guns is there are too many mass shootings. We need gun control, we need background checks and red flag laws and all that kind of stuff. So that's kind of our side, which is the kind of public health, let's reduce gun mortality kind of side. But the issue is that for the right, guns are linked to autonomy and crime, and so there was a move, as I write about in my book in the nineties, right, the Democrats actually tied gun control to crime reduction. That was the crime bill that is obviously very controversial. Now I had all of these mass incarceration outcomes, but that was also the time that we passed an assault weapons ban as part of that, and so Democrats kind of rallied around there's.
Speaker 2: Too much crime.
Speaker 3: And what's important to note this is kind of a tangent, is that in the nineties, black Americans were ten points on pulling more likely than white Americans to support the crime bill because they wanted an assault weaponspan. But what happened because that crime bill was so problematic, was that we kind of gave up on crime as a topic. Roughly speaking, now I know that what we're seeing as a reduction, what does.
Speaker 1: That mean that we kind of gave up on crime as a topic.
Speaker 3: When your interventions are red flag laws, for example, that's one of our main things. It's like your loved one is spiraling. They could go commit a mass shooting, they could commit suicide. That intervention is not going to be something that adapts to crime trends, homicide, robbery, all those kind of things. If you're looking at background checks for example, those are what are called point of sale interventions. When somebody goes and buys a gun, it's like they have to get a driver's license, their pass or a thing. But that again is for the quote unquote legal gun market. But most guns that are used in crimes are that's not impacting most guns or a crime. So we kind of moved away from crime because of its racial overtones, because of the racial effects, but it's opened the door for the right to say you need a gun because there's too much crime. And so I guess this is a very long winded way of saying what I've been writing about for a while, which is it's not going to be good enough. I don't think as a message to say we need common sense kind of reform and we have a guy who likes guns, but also we need background checks, unless you also have a convincing message about crime.
Speaker 2: You know they have one. Right now. Crime has been going down since the pandemic.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, I'm like, you know, the messaging around crime is that one, it is an inflated talking point of the right because in major cities across this country crime has been going down, and crime was up during the Trump administration. And so what would be the talking point other than the statistics around the fact that crime is actually going down and has been going down over the last four years in comparison to Donald Trump's administration.
Speaker 2: That all sounds great. I'll tweet it out later today.
Speaker 3: I wrote a piece of this helping post, which is there's difference of saying, like I'm just set telling you that works on the right, is you need a gun because there's too much crime, or there's too many legal guns or things like that. And now the irony, of course, is that there are things that we can be doing that really hammer home how many GOP policies are leading to an increasing crime. One example is there's thing called straw purchase, Like somebody goes to a gun show, they buy a gun, they step outside and hand it to somebody who is not allowed to have a gun. So in Tennessee, we tried to block that and the Gop said, no, we're keeping that because it's an infringement on guvern even though like that's overwhelmingly the guns that are used in crime, guns in trunks and cars are very frequently stolen. And so I would just say that these are opportunities for the Democrats to hammer home crime, which is something that if you're going to impact the right and not mobile the mobilize the left. Keep talking about background checks if you want to mobilize the right. Put the Republicans on the defensive about what they're doing for guns that are increasing crime. In other words, co op crime as a topic, because I can just tell you statistics don't really hit home like you can tell people, oh, crime rates are going down, But if people don't feel safe in their neighborhood, or they're taking the subway and they feel unsafe, or you know, in Tennessee, there's plenty of areas where there's tons of crime, and so hearing oh, at an aggregate level, crime is going down, it doesn't really hit home to people, and it sounds like you're gaslining them. I think a lot of times if you use that as your main point, But I do think there's an opportunity to really nail the policies from the GOP that are leading to increase in crime and make them answer for those.
Speaker 1: So when you say the change of language is necessary in order to mobilize the right, you mean mobilize in the way to put them on the defensive, not necessarily in this kind of fairy tale place of Oh, they're going to come on our side because of the gun issue.
Speaker 2: No, we're going to in others.
Speaker 3: We got too afraid of talking about crime because of its racist overtones, and I think we need to overcome that. I actually think we need to talk about crime in relation to guns, and I think there's a way of basically making the GOP answer for their positions, which cut at the heart of gun owners who might come to our side, but crime is such an issue for them.
Speaker 2: Now there's the.
Speaker 3: So called illegal gun market, so a lot of guns are bought legally in places, and then it's called the iron pipeline. They are shipped to underground markets, to illegal gun markets. So I could say, let's close the loopholes between illegal and legal gun markets, which leads to gun trafficking. I just think like hammered those points because anybody who's going to support a background check. They're already ing for Kumalaris, but it makes it very easy for the right.
Speaker 2: And this is just about messaging. I mean, there's all these other things.
Speaker 3: You know, the na is going to put in billions of dollars for Trump, but they're going to do it by saying this guy was the head of Minnesota during George Floyd and they burned down the CBS and Baskin Robbins and stuff like that. So I'm just saying, like, go on the offensive now about that George Floyd thing. That's going to come and say, here's the loophole that led Kyle Rittenhouse drive into another state, and you know that kind of thing. So I would just say, like, seize the mantle of crime. Don't keep harping the same points.
Speaker 2: Now. I'm a little nervous about this because.
Speaker 3: I know, just you know, all just between me and you and our millions of listeners, that the Hairs campaign is being advised by a lot of great grassroots organizations who really care a lot about background checks and red flag laws.
Speaker 2: But I just think I just think, as I said.
Speaker 3: Before, it's time to like up the ante on that. And I think putting people on the defensive about crime. To me, is the way to do it. And I say this in part because I've interviewed hundreds of gun owners. I asked them, like, what does liberal messaging say to you? And this is the answer I get. And again, I think that are very clear. I mean, I'll just say this again. In Tennessee, they legalized what's called guns in trunks. You could carry a loaded gun in your trunk to work if you needed it for your smoke break, something like that, and all of a sudden, car thefts skyrocketed, all of.
Speaker 1: A sudden, Oh yeah, interesting.
Speaker 2: And people breaking into trunks. So it was totally linked.
Speaker 3: In Memphis, it was like some astronomical number of crimes were links to guns stolen from people's cars. And so there was a very clear and statistical correlation between this legislation.
Speaker 1: And right and they increase in crime and an increase in crime.
Speaker 2: And so I think there are a number of things like that.
Speaker 3: Again, the straw poll issue, crossing state borders, all these kind of things, all these things are linked to statistical increases in crime. And so I think it's time for us. See, I mean, crime is a real issue for a lot of people, and I think it's time for us to kind of seize that mantleback and do it in a way that puts the onus on these crappy gun laws that lead to crime, and in a way I just think we don't make the other side play defense enough about this issue. Because we're debating on this terrain which they're already, it's so easy for them to attack public health. I mean, look what happened during the pandemic, Like, oh, you want me to give up my gun to be in solidarity with these other people, Like it just ain't happening.
Speaker 1: I want to switch gears a bit and ask you with a couple of minutes that we have you about Donald Trump's recent die a Try stream of consciousness press conference at mar Lago and then his recent sit down with Elon Musk on his Broke Down Spaces site. Many people right have been saying for quite some time that Donald Trump is clearly incognitive decline. Now I know that you are not his doctor, so anything that you're saying is based on opinion, but also based on your medical experience. What do you make of what we have been seeing over the last several years, but really in the last year of Donald Trump's language, and I mean like his lack of ability to articulate like full sentences his speech, the fact that he is not campaigning and yet the media is not talking about his level of stamina versus Joe Biden just recently riding a bike around rohob with Delaware. But what do you make of what you've seen and heard?
Speaker 3: Well, again, I'm not going to diagnose him. I don't know, because so much of what Trump does is performative. I mean, I listened to like two minutes of that thing last night, and I'll just say that they were using the age hammer against us, and now we can use it against them. I hate for agism to be part of this, but that's just kind of where we're at. I don't know, you know, you never know with Trump what is real what's performance, So I really can't speculate.
Speaker 1: But how I mean, how would you say that this performance would be, I guess a boost for him as opposed to a negative.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll admit it.
Speaker 3: I read the New York Post among everything else in the morning. They have a really good sports pace and the New York Post article was like trump Hammer's liberals, like there was nothing in there about reentering or slurring or anything like that, So it's really TVD. I mean, you know, we know in the press day anybody can read off a teleprompter. And there was an article the Martion Post this morning that an oil magnet is giving tens of millions of dollars to Trump. All these judges are being so it's really kind of the structure around Trump and how are we going to use it? But I do think obviously the age and vibrancy issue is on our side right now, so we should use it.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, again, I've heard Trump member like he couldn't sip water and he couldn't walk up a thing, and it turned out to be a ramp during Dury's presidency, and then it turned out to not be real. So I don't want to speculate like what's real and what's a trap? I mean, he's an older guy, he's out of shape, overweight, all this kind of stuff, So there are certainly risk factors for all that, and I think we should really be thinking like do we want the hillbilly eulogy to be president? And so I think that there are real concerns about like the succession of power and do we want I think those are all totally fair game. And I think these these slip ups in public are opportunities. But again, you know, you counter that against his messaging to his base, which is I am the lord, I survived in this fascination attempt, I am killable, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So so basically he's a vampire. Last quick question for you. Do you think that the hopefulness that we are seeing and experiencing and the enthusiasm is something that is sustainable?
Speaker 2: I hope.
Speaker 3: So, I mean that's that's great. I think that's great. I think that the point has been made that and you and I talked about this a lot. A threat to democracy was not a very good rallying cry. It was too abstract, it was too negative to reactionary. So hope is a great frame for this moment. I think a lot will depend on how the convention goes. Hopefully people be ruined the same direction during during the convention, and and so I think I think that that's really the big issue.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Jonathan, my friend, we will leave it there today. As always, greatly appreciate you making the time for WOKF by everybody hanging there. That is it. From today, dear friends on Woke af AS always power to the people and to all the people. Power, get woke and stay woke as fuck.