Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to another edition of the KASR Pre Show. Today is Wednesday, January twenty ninth. I'm Billy Retluge along with Shanon the Dude. You can give us call on the Clark's Pumping Shop phone line. It's eight five nine two eight h two two eight seven, Texas at five oh two two six five six six five six and is always The KASR Pre Show is brought to you by ital X Fine Italian Dining right here in Lexington. I am in Lexington at the City Center. My co host Shannon the Dude, was asked to describe himself sell himself yesterday and he called himself the hardest working man on the planet. Good morning, hardest working man on the planet.
Speaker 2: How yah? I feel like that sometimes when the alarm goes off at five thirty in the morning and I gotta be here for one, two, three, four five six. How many shows do I do a day? I've already lost track.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, maybe you should give me that moniker this morning after I just hosted the Lee track.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's right. Yeah, you came in and you did an extra hour.
Speaker 2: But you did, though, have to I guess, stay up late and be the producer for the postgame show last night, right for Ryan.
Speaker 1: Lemon, I did was Matt on it? Did he call in? Matt joined us for the first two segments. It was a fun, celebratory show as the Cats get it done down in Knoxville, the big win where nobody expected it. Yet again, Shannon Mario gets it done on the graphic. We look silly, the Cats without their two starting point guards and Andrew Carr only playing for a minute or so, A big, big win yesterday. We want to hear from you this morning. Eight five nine two two two eight seven. But Shannon, Man, what'd you think?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: It was a It was a good one.
Speaker 2: Last night for the cat First of all, I don't think that we looked silly. I think that Tennessee looked silly. What were they doing? They shot forty five three pointers. I mean, I think that they were trying to take on Kentucky's personality and they were just they throw some ugly shots.
Speaker 3: I'm going like, what are you even doing? You know?
Speaker 2: With Andrew Carr out, My thought was Tennessee's going to exploit the big man off the bench for Kentucky and go inside more.
Speaker 3: I was shocked that they took that many three point shots.
Speaker 2: That was really my takeaway from the game, and also just how well that Kobe Brea played. Jackson Robinson I think filled in very nicely at the point, Ansley Alman or again off the bench coming in and scoring some big threes. Really just an all around impressive win. They had to do this similarly in Seattle when they played Gonzaga.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when Butler went out and or.
Speaker 2: No, Cresa was out right, and then I think Butler went out too in that game, did he not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the game they didn't They had Robinson go to the point.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we've seen this before, so I don't guess it should come as a shock, but you know, that game. Gonzaga a great team too, but a little bit different. I feel like when you go on the road in the conference playing a team like Tennessee.
Speaker 3: It was a very impressive win.
Speaker 2: Tough atmosphere to play in, and it makes me feel a lot better about moving forward. You know, I honestly didn't feel too good about going into the game last night, but they pull off a very impressive victory last.
Speaker 1: On the road in conference against the number one defense in college basketball. You have five players that get to double figures, and you're now six in one versus the top fifteen, as well as being three to o versus Louisville, Tennessee and Duke. I mean, what more do you want, Shannon? I mean that you give me that before the season starts. It and I take it right. I mean, you take that ten times out of ten. With Mark Pope in his first year at the coach at Kentucky, you know, he's you know, he's signing autographs after the game, facetiming Grandma's once again. He just gets it, man, And what a coaching performance to do that with two starters on the bench. I mean, you're playing Travis Perry and Trent Noen some serious minutes in this game, and they proved us wrong.
Speaker 5: Again.
Speaker 1: You're right about those those shooting numbers though, Shannon. I mean Kentucky twelve of twenty four from three to twenty five of fifty from the field, fifty percent in both of those categories. Meanwhile, Tennessee, I mean they shoot seventy two shots in the game, seventy two shots. They threw up twenty five of seventy two for thirty four percent. And then eleven of forty five from three. Kentucky made more threes than Tennessee despite shooting what twenty one less threes. That is simply incredible and a testament to a guy like Kobe Brea, who Shannon, We've been missing. He hasn't played the best over the last few games. So for him to step up the way he did, Amari Williams on his birthday, Jackson Robinson does it once again, hit some big shots. These guys proved. You know that Thompson Bowling Arena is like Roup two point zero, right, I mean they've had a lot of success in that arena lately.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have, and like I said, that's a tough place to play. Kobe Brea last night just couldn't miss. That's why I said, even like in games where he starts off one for five, I don't think he should get discouraged.
Speaker 3: I think they should give him the ball even more. We know he's a great shooter.
Speaker 2: I feel like even if he starts off one for five, give him another five shots. Those next five very well could go down and next thing you know you're looking at, you know, a six for ten shooting night. So that's always been my gripe about Kobe Brea to shoot the ball more. But you know, we were saying yesterday on KSR, if I guaranteed you nine and nine in the conference, would you take that?
Speaker 3: Right now? I think yesterday we were all saying, yeah, it give me nine and nine.
Speaker 2: After last night, I don't know, like you know, I said eleven and seven. That still feels like a rule possibility. But you know, you also got a hold serve on Saturday with calin Arkansas coming to town or you know it kind of like, uh, I mean, it still matters that you beat Tennessee on the road, don't get me wrong, but you can't follow it up with a clunker at home against Arkansas. So that game coming up in just a few days is really important.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's been weird, right, I mean, you lose to Clemson, but you beat Gonzaga in the same week. You know, it's happened a couple times this year where like you'll win a game versus Florida, but then you drop one versus Georgia. You know, this team seems to respond very well. Maybe it's because they're so experienceding and these veterans can just move on to the next one and put a bad performance behind them. But like when you're getting four three's a night from Ansley Almanor, I'm really encouraged. I mean, when Kobe Brea gets seven free throw shots at the line when he had only had ten all the way up to the year, I'm encouraged. When when they embraced physicality as much as they did in this game, I'm encouraged, Shannon, And you know, that's the goal is to slowly improve as the year goes along, and I think we've we've seen this at times from this Kentucky team.
Speaker 2: So I would say even like going down to like the tenth guy on the you know, on the bench, Colin Chandler, he came in and gave you some good minutes. Though he didn't do, you know, something that was gonna fill the stat sheet. But I thought he came in, he played good defensively, you know, gave you some good minutes there and gave some of the other guys a breather. I'm just you know, after seeing last night and seeing the bench, they don't have to come in and light the world on fire, but just come in and give you some quality minutes. I think the bench did that last night for Kentucky.
Speaker 1: And play with confidence, right, And that's part of the getting better. As the year goes along, you get more comfortable and Mark Pope's system, a guy like Trent Nola goes out there, and you know, I'm I'm confident with Trent Noah out there, Shannon. I mean, as much as I've made fun of people talking about the Kentucky kids on the Mark Pope Show, that's a guy that played some good defense and hit some shots in some really important moments. Now, Travis Perry's got some room to improve, but Shannon, we can't all have a good night every night. But you know, Andrew Carr tried to give it a run.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I felt bad for him. He had maybe like a one or two minute run there and got dunked on and decided to go out. That's a guy that I think is still very important to Kentucky's postseason aspirations. But you got to make do with what you got. You got no Kerkkrisa, no Lamont Butler, no Andrew Carr, and yet they beat the number one defense in college basketball. It's just impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: And I give it up for Andrew Carr. At least going out there and trying. I mean, yeah, back trouble man. I think everybody has probably had, you know, back issues at some point or another, especially if if you're of a certain age, you know, and you get a little older man just getting out of bed, you got back problems.
Speaker 3: You know. He came in.
Speaker 2: He looked like he was cutting good, cutting well and quickly. But then he came in, he called for the ball, immediately turned it over I think right there on the first time he touched the ball, so you know, he gave it a good try. Fortunately they didn't need him last night, I said the I was off the bench, were filled in very nicely.
Speaker 1: Right and speaking of injuries, it was not very positive what Mark Pope said in the postgame press conference afterwards about Lamont Butler. He said there are multiple factors to his injury, and then he went on to say, if and when we get him back, we're going to be elated. I mean, Channon, I don't know if that sounds the same to you that it does to me, that we might not see him until SEC tournament time.
Speaker 2: Well, that one word if if if he said when when we get him back, I would feel a lot better about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also, I don't think that means that this team can't make a good run if they don't have them.
Speaker 3: So I mean, obviously you want.
Speaker 2: Lamont Butler out there, you want Crisa, you want car But I mean, they just proved last night.
Speaker 3: Again, we're gonna keep harping on it.
Speaker 2: The number one defensive team when it comes to efficiency in college basketball, and they proved a game. It proved that they can win a game in the seventies. They don't have to win in the eighties and nineties and hundreds. They can, you know, muck it up sometimes if they have to and win a game in the seventies.
Speaker 1: Now do we think the final caller of the case our pre show yesterday had any change of heart after this one? Remember the guy that called in and said that, you know, you know, it's not really a rivalry when Tennessee and Kentucky play. I gave him the all time series record, and it's not much of a rivalry because Kentucky has had so much success. But I thought it was a little bit of blasphemy, Shannon, that give me a break. Tennessee doesn't care about Kentucky when it comes to that sport. Do you think he maybe has had a little bit of a bad morning?
Speaker 3: I think so. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean I think Kentucky, what is it the Food City tops and bowling arene in the city center, I think is what it is. It's almost as bad as Kroger filled foods. Yeah, so I think Kentucky owns Food City. We went to Food City, we bought all their oranges and threw them in the trash. That's what we did. Nothing such like a big We heard that quite a few times yesterday from callers. So yeah, I think that if you're a Tennessee fan and you're saying that it's not a big rivalry in basketball, that just tells me that the Tennessee fan base doesn't care about basketball. They just they put all of their oranges into one basket and all they think about is football. Because Kentucky. Yeah, I think they own Tennessee right now. In basketball.
Speaker 1: There were no oranges thrown last night. But we did see a picture of the Tennessee student sections player info sheet last night. Did you happen to read any of that?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, read it to me? What is this?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: You know, the student section does research on the other team and tries to find dirt on them so they can get under their skin during the game. Yet, you got to remember, you know, if you're a student at Tennessee, you may not have the best researching skills. You may be worried about getting to dip in more than you are actually getting something creative written down. We got the research seat and it was really bad from Tennessee students last night. Just really not creative. Here's what they had for Jackson Robinson. Weird spelling of his name, owns a Mercedes. Wow, how are they gonna taunt him with that? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Brandy Garrison to Mercedes branding Garrison Trader to Oklahoma State nil email in his bio begging for deals. No one knows him well.
Speaker 3: Tennessee fans know him today, don't they?
Speaker 1: I would say so, even though he didn't play great last night. LaMotte Butler Trader to SDSU low Kia Baller. I can't hate. I mean, how are you supposed to get into the heads of the other team when you have such crappy research like we saw from the Tennessee student section.
Speaker 3: Okay, whoever is the head of the student section needs to be fired. I mean, come on.
Speaker 2: You can't come up with any better put downs than that, and don't even bother printing the sheet.
Speaker 1: Travis Perry, Mister Kentucky basketball averaging one point six points a game in six minutes a game. What a falloff? Collaborated with Funky Rooster coffee probably tastes bad. It does not Bucky Rooster Coffee is great. To look at them getting a little plug in best peer scorer in the country and now doesn't play. I mean, just a poor effort by the Tennessee student section last night and a poor effort from their team as the Cats snap a two game losing streak, and now we look ahead to Arkansas.
Speaker 3: Shannon, Yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: The one that everybody's been just waiting for, right I mean, if we're being real about it, this has been the most anticipated game of the entire season. Not Duke, not Louisville, not Gonzaga, not even Tennessee on the road. It's this game coming up on Saturday. I can't wait for it.
Speaker 1: Maybe one of the most anticipated games in Kentucky men's basketball history in the last ten to fifteen years. Shannon, I mean yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: Say yeah, definitely in the last ten or fifteen years.
Speaker 1: I think at the final or the NCAA Tournament Final four game as one of them Kentucky Louisville.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if we're talking about, like, what, when's the last time that this level of excitement for a regular season home game has been at this level? I think it has to go back to probably Patino's first year at Lovell when it came to rupper Ina for the first time. You know, I think it's it's sort of on that level of excitement and a hard ticket to get just because you want to be there for that moment when Cali Perry walks through the visitor's tunnel and comes out there is probably gonna be wearing a you know, tabletop red apron for a coat, and he's gonna be sitting down in Arkansas red. I can't wait to see how fans are going to react. I have to think you gotta boo him, right, you gotta boo the guy. We've been talking about this all summer. He's gonna get booed.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Well, see, you know, here's here's my thought on it. You know, Cal did Kentucky right in a lot of ways, right, I mean, you bring a national title to the school. You bring it out of the depths of what Billy g was and then even look at the last year, you save Kentucky millions of dollars by going to talk to the Chickenman. You leave the university and you open the door to allow Mark Pope to to come in and really reduce ate the fan base and stand for the values that a lot of people in BBN have. So I think there are a lot of positives. But here's the flip side. He went to a school in the same conference, and while it was not Louisville, is still somewhat of a rival Shannon. So I think it's gonna be a mixed bag. I don't think everybody's gonna boo. I kind of liked what I think Chris Fisher said this morning on the Leach Report. I think some people are gonna plan on booing, and then they don't. There's gonna people people that don't plan on booing, and they and they might and you know, hopefully he does get a nice reception. He has done a lot for the University of Kentucky. But then we put that to the side because we've got a game to play, right and you know, while Cal has done a lot, and maybe it'll be a game in the future where he gets a banner hung at rupp Arena and he gets all of his flowers, I still think there will be a lot of people cheering for Cal when he walks in on Saturn.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. You act like you're gonna send him a thank you letter or something.
Speaker 1: Thank you for leaving. Maybe the thing you Oh.
Speaker 2: No, we'll see, we'll see. It may be a good mix, but I think it's gonna be mostly booze. M.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I think he should expect it. I think he's talked about it on his Coaches show just the other night that he is expecting that and expected it to be an emotional game for him.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: Maybe he'll walk his dogs down Richmond Road, Shannon.
Speaker 3: You see, don't hang out with some old friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hang out some old plans wheelers, go to that breakfast spot. Yeah, exactly what I was thinking of too.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Uh, I'm excited. We've got a few days to talk about that though, So if you'd like to talk about the Tennessee win tonight or really anything eight five nine two A two two eight seven Texas at five O two two six five six six, five six. We'll take a break here on this Wednesday edition of the KSR pre Show, and we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: It is the show before the show, the KSR pre Show Billy and the Dude eight five nine two A two two eight seven, where we already have loaded lines. That's a good indicator that Big Blue Nation is excited after that win last night. Before we get to the phones, some text five oh two two six five six six five six. One person says, Shannon, should cow come out to Vince McMahon's no chance in hell.
Speaker 2: That would be actually really cool if you did that. I don't think that's going to happen.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: That would require whoever's running the sound for Rapperena to cooperate with that, But it would be he does have that Vince McMahon swagger, There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not a lot of opposing coaches get intro music at a different arena.
Speaker 3: But if it is not, it's not flattering.
Speaker 1: Ks board came up at a nuke nickname for Trent Noah that I think might stick Shannon. One person asks when will Kentucky Brandon start selling Mountain Mamba shirts for Trent. Noah, do you like the nickname Mountain Mamba?
Speaker 2: Mountain Mamba. It's almost too many syllables for.
Speaker 1: Me, too many syllables alliteration there, dude, you tell me Mountain Mamba. He's like Kobe Yeah, wear wearing the Kobe shoes at the mamba mentality. He's the Mountain Mamba from Harlan.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I like, no, I don't think that he needs to be uttered. His name needs to be uttered in the same breath as Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you would think so by the amount of how much Kentucky fans love him. And one final thing, Brandon Garrison went live on Instagram. In the locker room after the game, Lamont Butler is shown briefly where he says something to the effect of, hey, guys, I'll be back soon. Don't worry.
Speaker 3: So ok.
Speaker 1: I mean you don't hear it. You hear it from the horse's mouth, right, And so maybe that is encouraging as the season goes along. Regardless, Shannon, any Kentucky game in the future, I'm going to betting it on Draftking.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, we all picked except for Mario, he picked Kentucky last night, right, and I saw everybody, Oh, Mario knows.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing about Mario.
Speaker 2: By the way, Mario gets all of our predictions individually through text.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 2: Yes, he doesn't send a group text to where we can all see like what each other picked. He texts me, Hey, what's your prediction? Hey, Billy, what's your prediction. He gets all of our pick and then at the end he gets to put his pick.
Speaker 1: In thank you.
Speaker 2: So when he sees that all of us picked Tennessee, yes, of course he's going to be the hero and go No, I'm picking Kentucky to win.
Speaker 3: But he was right, he was.
Speaker 1: Rose credit, he was right. It is rapping twice. Now, yeah, you're right, he does get to pick line.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, if I saw all of you guys and all of you picked Tennessee, maybe I would pick Kentucky to last night. But hey, you can bet on all the games on DraftKings sportsbook promo code KSR.
Speaker 3: We got Super Bowl fifty nine coming up. You can bet on that.
Speaker 2: Saying game parlays player props, Will Taylor Swift get proposed to after the game. I mean it's probably all going to be there for you on DraftKings. Can't wait for the Super Bowl coming up in a couple of weeks. And if you're a new customer, use the promo code KSR. Bet five dollars, get two hundred bonus bets. That's promo code KSR only on DraftKings. If you have a gambling problem called one eight one hundred gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only, eligibody restrictions apply. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. It's for additional terms and responsible gaming resources see DKNG, dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: Now, I love betting on like the coin toss and the color of the gatorade. Rest in peace, Jared Lorenzen. But you're telling me I can get odds on if Kelsey's gonna propose to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that that's officially going to be on DraftKings, but it should be. You get these weird prop bets that you know. I guess if you're in Vegas, you can go to a sports book there. I don't know if it's going to be available on the app, but it should be, And if it is, I might put some money on that because I think that it's gonna happen. It didn't happen last time, Billy, but I think this might be the year that.
Speaker 3: Travis Kelsey proposes to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: It could be, but it had to be after a win, right, You don't lose and then and then still do that.
Speaker 3: Well, is there any doubt that Kansas City is going to win?
Speaker 1: I'll look at you, I mean, I mean them and the refs. You gonna win on that Super Bowl Sunday. You already know, you know, I have one gripe before we get to the phones, and we will. You know, why do they start showing Super Bowl commercials before the Super Bowl? Shannon, Like you can watch it online, They like show it now, Like I guess they're trying to get there's money, their money's worth. But it used to be a thing where we all saw the commercial for the first time to get during the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: It doesn't feel like they're trying to maximize the exposure. But you know, they used to do like just a little teaser like here is uh maybe a ten second or fifteen second clip of what a longer version of this commercial will be.
Speaker 3: You have to watch the Super Bowl to see it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably just them wanting to get more run instead of just on one night.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, to get you heard of it out there.
Speaker 1: We've heard how much it costs to get a thirty second spot on Super Bowl Sunday, upwards of five million dollars. I think at least last year. Let's go to the phones. Who's up first today, dude, Let's talk to Brian. Hey, Brian, what's up?
Speaker 8: Alright?
Speaker 9: Great morning, guys, great win, great win. Last night, I was listening to a national podcast last night and one of the uh, one of the hosts there was kind of saying Kentucky's been lucky this year and some of their wins to where, do you know, miss some shots toward the end of the game Tennessee missed some shots and that sort of thing.
Speaker 10: But I think with this Kentucky team.
Speaker 9: They have that ability to go nuclear at any time, and I think that sets a pressure on these teams, so they know they have to make shots.
Speaker 10: They even keep up with swimming.
Speaker 9: With Kentucky, and I think they rush their shots and that's why they're missing. You know, last night, Tennessee missed a lot of open looks, and I just think it's called they were pressing, knowing that they had to keep up with Kentucky, and I think, you know, sometimes your best defense is an offense. And really really happy with this team and go Cats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Brian. I think there's a lot of truth in that Mark Pope making Tennessee try to beat them from the three point line. You know, Ryan said on the post game last night, I really agree. I thought those stat lines should have been flipped right going into the game. You think, Kentucky, let's shoot forty five threes in this game. Let's see what they can get done. But they only shoot twenty four, but they hit twelve of them, so highly efficient. But you know the three pointer is going to be definitely something important here late in the year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was really surprised. I mean, I knew they shot a lot, but I looked at the statue to go forty five. Yeah, there's no doubt going in if you said, Okay, one of these teams is gonna shoot forty five, which tea Kentucky.
Speaker 3: It's Kentucky, no doubt about it.
Speaker 1: It's not which is weel missing tent of them with one of eleven, I know.
Speaker 2: Which confuses me, Like why they wouldn't go inside more with Andrey Carr being out. I mean they got they got some some big boys on Tennessee. You think they would go underneath and try to get some points.
Speaker 1: And Maria two fouls early too, I mean in the first half. So we'll take a break. Take more of your calls. Next here on the pre show Welcome Back. It is the KSR pre show where P happens. Billy Rutland's the dude.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like who all hears that? Is that a network commercial that runs or is that just a level thing? I'm not sure, you know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: I think LAP has different commercials than KRD, and with the show being based in KRD.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't understand it ran twice there.
Speaker 2: It's a happens P happens at work in the Yeah, I've never like been working out and peed my pants.
Speaker 1: Well you're getting a little older, Shannon, so you know, who knows what'll happen in the next five.
Speaker 3: Or ten years.
Speaker 2: I guess in New York City at Times Square, you know, like on on New Year's Eve, But other than that, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was, Yeah, you're right about Times Square, New York Man. That is that is ridiculous. Pe does happen there. That's why you wear an adult diaper. It's a little worried there. During the break, my microphone snapped off, Shannon, and then I remembered I connected a bidet to my waterline at home, so I can do anything. So you know what, we just screwed that thing back on and we're okay, we're ready to go.
Speaker 3: Try you're a handyman. Now.
Speaker 2: The question is do you think that Matt Jones would have been able to put that microphone back on the standard have fallen off during the show.
Speaker 1: I think that had been a that had been a real issue, we would have had to scan the QR code at that point.
Speaker 3: Dude, that's an joke for nobody understands that.
Speaker 1: Before we get back to the phones, and we've got some people on the line eight five nine two two two eight seven, what are the odds that our guy Ryan Lemon just happened to be at the Montgomery County versus Howell County game where there's not one, but two scuffles that lead to Powell County just walking off the court the other day. Shit, And that was a bizarre story and even a weirder video. But our guy, Scoop Lemon is court sided to give us all the details.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why you guys are shocked that Ryan Lemon would be at some random high school game. I mean, I'm shocked that you guys are shocked. Yeah, you tell me that Ryan's at a game and it's some random high school and you know, it was a crazy thing that happened. When was it Powell County? Yeah, basketball team just said you know what we're done here. They walk off, and then apparently the official had to go to the rule book to go, gee, what do we do now? Like, I don't know a book out, I'm not a high school official, but I would say if the other team completely walked out of the building and went home, I would say they probably would have to forfeit.
Speaker 3: I don't think we need a rule book to tell us that.
Speaker 1: I had not seen anything like that before though, Like after that second scuffle, the coach had just had enough and they all just walked out, like they just walked right to the bus. After that, It was a bizarre scene. The announce series. You're like, I've never seen anything like this before in my life.
Speaker 3: It's an easy night for them, Right, you still get paid the.
Speaker 1: Same, that's right. Yeah, you're still getting paid the same. You're paid by the game, hopefully. But maybe maybe there's some truth to what you're saying. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised Ryan is at these random.
Speaker 3: He's a man of the people. Would you ever go to them?
Speaker 1: Would you ever go to Montgomery County versus Powell County on a random Monday night?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 2: Probably not, Like, you know, it's good to get me out to see my my Bullet's Chargers play a game, which I got to do by the way, that it's basketball season for them.
Speaker 1: But he's the mayor of Lexington right in your future Mayor, he's gotta he's got to get around. Yeah, shake hands and kids, babies, that's right.
Speaker 3: Let's take a call.
Speaker 2: Who's up next to you? All right, let's talk to Andrew in a cities. He's from Middlesborough.
Speaker 1: Oh, hey, Andrew, what's up?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 8: Guys?
Speaker 3: Are you Are you a Bell County? Right now?
Speaker 11: I'm a Bell I'm actually working over in Harrogat this morning. But yeah, I live in Bell County.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, most of the time when people call in, it does say where they're from. Yours, says Andrew, and says Middlesborough underneath of it.
Speaker 3: So I just wanted to see, well that that's cool.
Speaker 11: Yeah, cool, all right, guys, Today is today, This the Lord has made and we're gonna rejoice. And we're rejoicing because last night we took the and we beat the Tennessee Balls in Knoxville, and that is so great. I didn't think we had a chance last night. Just being honest with you, and I'm really happy this morning. Now as far as cow goes, I can see what y'all are upset because he used to call her by basketball Bennies and all that stuff. But guy's listening.
Speaker 8: He gave us five or.
Speaker 11: Six, seven wonderful, wonderful years. So I think we don't need to boo, and I don't know we don't need to cheer either, but just showing him a little respect. That's my opinion on it. But again, I can understand people's other side and why they're upset with him. That's it, guys, Go Cats. I'm proud of this team. They could beat anybody. But they could also lose anybody with the rod. Have a great day, guys, go care all right.
Speaker 3: Man, thank you for the call.
Speaker 2: So it's nasty, he says, you shouldn't boo them, but you shouldn't cheer them. So we should just just give them the silent treatment. Everybody just turn their back.
Speaker 1: Somebody said that on the text line earlier. That could be it just dead silence when Cal comes out or when his name is announced. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Now, you're not gonna get twenty four thousand people to all get on the same page with that. It would be cool if everybody just turned their back and didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: It is a reaction though, Yeah, I mean it is. It is really fifty to fifty right now on the text line, And logically, yes, to that caller's point, you could beat anybody, You could lose to anybody, as we discussed that the other day, that's what has to happen, right.
Speaker 2: It's a great take. I mean, unless we're talking about hockey or soccer. I guess where you could technically tie. Yeah, yeah, come on, get these ties out of America. Give me break.
Speaker 4: Ties.
Speaker 1: Who's next, dude?
Speaker 3: Ben?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 5: Ben?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 8: Man, let's going guys, all right, I'm speaking of your pants. How funny was that stuff last night? Seeing go Big Blue Chants and uh Tannessee's arena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were loud, they were loud.
Speaker 3: They were loud in Nashville too, I mean really loud in Nashville.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Man, it was so cool seeing Jackson Kobe kind of vibe into that. That was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's why we got the greatest fan base in sports period, I think, you know, I mean, the fan base tra so well.
Speaker 8: And just one more quick thing. I'm on your side chaining about Boo and Cal. Let's boo him, but maybe we could uh kind of stay off the players, like not boo Zee, not Boo DJ, not not Boo a Doo, Like we don't need to boot those guys, but let's boo the crap out of cal Go cats.
Speaker 2: All right, Thanks for the call, Ben, we appreciate it. What do you think about booing the players at Arkansas? I mean they left too, they chose to leave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but wasn't for it? Wasn't it for the best? Shannon, Like, aren't you happy with the situation that Kentucky's in? Now? You know, I went. Of course the fact, don't get me wrong, but who doesn't come to Kentucky because the dude the aero state, right, And you know, I think this is a lot different if you know, Arkansas is having a ton of success in Kentucky, isn't right? I mean it's it's flip flopped. Kentucky's doing really well right now, Arkansas has one win in the SEC, I think, so I think that plays a factor in it all. You know, we've got well we'll talk about this for three days, Shannon. It's it's the game that we've circled for a while. And and rightly so that these ticket prices are what did you guys say on cas Are yesterday? Three hundred dollars for a single.
Speaker 2: No, No, I think it's more than that. I think it's more. I'd have to look it up and see. But like we're talking about secondary market at this point, because all the tickets have been sold out for a long time. So now if you're looking at Kentucky Arkansas tickets, you're going to be buying them secondhand, and those prices are just ridiculous, you know, like thousand dollars or something like that.
Speaker 1: Well you'll remember this game, I mean, win or lose, this will be one that you can tell your grandkids about when Cal returned to Kentucky. I'm just going to pick a random one here, Yeah, give me a number here, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Go two tickets. Well, you know what, You're right, some of these aren't that crazy. This is one eighty one each. I thought it was higher than that.
Speaker 1: Okay, one any one? Your head's touching the ceiling with that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think Drew may have mentioned that yesterday on the Maybe it was the you know, they're media set up in the rafters now, so if you wanted a seat around there would be about three hundred bucks. Maybe I can afford that now after doing two hours of radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe you can't. Here, now here's something. You know, those that I just gave you were like all the way to the top. Now, if you're talking like really good seats, I'm just gonna go, like to the most expensive ones I can find. Section thirteen, Row F two tickets thirteen, four hundred and seventy eight dollars.
Speaker 1: Each each thirteen.
Speaker 2: You know this is on this is on seat geek, and this is the most expensive. All right, So yeah, you could get in. I guess the door for one hundred and eighty one dollars apiece. Still not a cheap ticket, but nowhere near thirteen thousand. Here's several other listed. You know, let's see floor seats five thousand dollars, fifty six hundred four thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: So they're kind of all over the place.
Speaker 2: But if you're talking about lower level, you are looking at a one thousand dollars a piece.
Speaker 3: Easy.
Speaker 1: Listen. The stars will be out on Saturday. Yeah, don't you know. They don't get it twisted. This will be a who's who, don't it.
Speaker 2: These are people that are going to be going to the game. But they're like, you know what, if you want to give me one thousand dollars apiece, I'll gladly not go to the game and take your two thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Sell these tickets and pay for your season tickets. Right are pretty close to it. That is the demand for these right now. Let's keep it rolling. Who's up next?
Speaker 3: Joseph, Hey, Joseph Hey.
Speaker 6: I was just calling because I don't know how y'all feel as it comes to cow But I hated him for a little bit, but now I'm starting to feel really terrible for him because he seems like you defeated and depressed. So I don't know, I would like kaboo him, but now it is feels like you're kicking a horse as he's down, You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean so because Cal went to Arkansas and so far it has been a failure, you say we should just not pile on the guy and not boo him. I mean, I guess maybe there is some truth to that for some people, you know, like the better you are, the more they hate you.
Speaker 3: I think that's true in sports, right.
Speaker 2: You look at the most hated people in sports, it's all of the teams. They're like the Chiefs or like you know, liked Lebron Tom Brady. Yeah, I mean, the list goes on. So I think there is some truth to that. The better you are, the more hate it you are. But I don't know, Man, Cali Gary left and look, the season's not over yet. I know they're struggling, but I don't know that that would change whether or not I would.
Speaker 3: Boo the guy. He's gonna be okay, he can take some booze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's the wrong person. Joseph Shannon's been very strong about this take that he does not feel bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not gonna give me not to boo the guy because he's won in six in the conference.
Speaker 6: Boo hoo, understood.
Speaker 4: That was good?
Speaker 1: Anything else, Joseph, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say if Arkansas, I mean, you know, if it was a good year for them, then I would absolutely hate him too. I'd be like, yeah, let's let's fire out the boos at him. So I understand.
Speaker 2: It's been clear. I don't hate the guy personally. I'm just saying this is sports hate. This is nothing personal when it comes to like, I don't even know Calipari is a person, but yeah, sports hate. I think that's that's totally fine. If you're Kentucky. Thanks for the calle, Joseph. We appreciate it. Thank you, Joseph.
Speaker 1: Well, for me, it was him talking down to the fan base for so many years, the basketball Bennies, the way that he conducted himself in press conferences. You remember he'd win a game on the road and said, oh, you didn't expect that.
Speaker 3: See what I did there?
Speaker 1: See what I did there. That's been such a big change from this year to last year. Was like explaining what's happening in the game, why Kentucky's doing it, compared to somebody with a bit of an ego, Shannon trying to take credit for things that you know he did back in twenty twelve. Let's take a break though, we've got a couple more people on the line. We will wrap this Wednesday edition of the KSR pre show. Up next, it's Billy Rutligion, Shannon, the dude, keep it where you got it. Nothing sucks like a big orange. That was our theme of the show yesterday. And then the Cats get the win down in Knoxville. They've won three in a row there, what is it, five of the last six, Shannon. It's unbelievable the success that the Cats have had down in Knoxville, and as a double digit underdog, count it out and they get it done once again. Eight five nine two two eight seven. Only a few minutes left, and we've got a ton of people on the phone, So let's just keep it rolling, dude.
Speaker 2: Let's just rip through rapid fire. Let's go to free Bird. Hey, free Bird, Hey free Bird. Oh no, it's with arms wad open, formerly known as free Bird. That's right, he got those creed tickets.
Speaker 10: Hey, speaking of I haven't received anything yet, but the U sing of cunning tone. I don't know why. This morning was Oh Johnny short, So you guys are great Americans. So we're gonna beat Arkansas. Let's say twelve. And what's up with Tom Square Billy and the Dude this morning? Are we happy? Because I tell you that team was resilient last night. That was one of the most fun games to watch, and I think if we could have read that it a little better, we would have maked him by fifteen or twenty points.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the call. Arms wide open. You will get your tickets.
Speaker 2: By the way, that the show's not till July, so usually they wait talk the week before the show before the tickets go out, so just just hang tight and be patient.
Speaker 1: Anybody that needs their tickets just call Shannon the Dude's phone number and ask them where your tickets.
Speaker 2: Luckily my phone number's not out there like Ryan. But no, I mean, if you're not happy after last night, you're just a miserable fan, Like I don't know, what the hell could you possibly not be happy after what you saw last night?
Speaker 1: No, I'm elated. I honestly didn't give him a chance to win this game. Not until I heard Drew Franklin's pep talk during the KSR pregame show. I missed that he brought the energy. There's no doubt about it. Let's keep it rolling. Who's next?
Speaker 3: Jeff, Hey, Jeff, what's up?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 7: Guys. I'm not a Caliperry fan, but I really do think if we sit there in front of the national audience and boo him after what he did for this university, you keep everybody forgets. Every time we had a disaster in this state, he was the first one opened to check book up and spend the time to the telethons to help the people in this state. So I think, at least on that account. And what do you think is his family is going to think when they're watching this on TV or there, that he's being booed. Kentucky crowdef make Kentucky press.
Speaker 3: Well, we're not booing Calipari. We're not booing cal Perry's character. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, he's done a lot of great things for the state. We're not booing that. It's sports booing, like we're booing him because he's at Arkansas now. It's not like you know, we want bad things to happen to John Calipari in life.
Speaker 3: It's just it's sports. That's why, it's why it's fun. It's in good nature.
Speaker 2: I think everybody would understand what we boot him.
Speaker 7: Now, we'll give give him, give him his family a big welcoming. Locally, they never forget when he comes out. You stand up and cheer. If you don't want to, you sit down and stay silent and protest. And it's something his family will always remember. And we'll beat them by twenty points and it'll be a great.
Speaker 3: Day, all right, Jeff, thank you for the kanky. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, man, it's a fresh wound. I mean, we're not five ten years removed from Cal's era at Kentucky. It's been one year. And he was really bad at these last couple of years in the NCAA tournament. It was frustrating, and he left four school in the same conference. Channon, Now, I'm not booing his support of Eastern Kentucky and what he's done for the state. I'm booing because he left for the other team and he's back at Rubb Aerna right.
Speaker 2: And it's Arkansas too. If he went to Georgia or South Carolina, that'd be a little different for you. I mean, maybe I've always hated Arkans, and maybe my hate for Arkansas, I guess goes back to when I was younger in the ninety nineties and the Nolan Richardson teams. I hate at those teams. Why did I hate them? Because they were so good?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you don't have bad teams right back to the Lebron James tom Brady.
Speaker 2: You don't even you don't even think about them. If they're bad, you just laugh at them. You don't, you don't hate them. So I think it's a little bit different going to Arkansas versus you know, another school in the SEC.
Speaker 1: Well, I think some fans are split because Arkansas is bad this year, like they're I mean, maybe I think it'd be different if they were undefeated in the SEC.
Speaker 3: And that is true.
Speaker 1: Now, you know Kentucky was struggling and maybe you thought, you know, cal the Cat's doing to do this thing in Arkansas. Who's next, dude, Let's go to David.
Speaker 5: Hey, David, Hey, guys, I got a couple of things I just want to say real quick. That was a great win.
Speaker 4: Last night.
Speaker 5: I'm super excited about that. But as far as the booing, man, if I was col I want to be booed. That's the greatest thing in a in a sports event that can happen to you, other than your hometown crowd cheering for you crazy, they like we're doing rough. But when you come in against your old competitor, you want to be booed. I think it's just respect to boo him. And then later on when he comes back after he's done coaching, and then we'll we'll put his name out in the rappers. So I have a great dubt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, look, let me look what we went through with Patino. I of course, one day Caliperi will come back and be cheered. Yeah, I mean, if we can cheer and love Patino again after all the stuff that we went through with him.
Speaker 1: He came back and flipped the fans off.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, well, definitely, sure, Cali Perry one day, but Saturday is not going to be the day.
Speaker 3: That's it, That's all there is to it.
Speaker 1: Shannon Ded definitely loves being booed.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't mind being booed.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think some people that may actually hurt their ego and Caliperi maybe one of those guys where it hurts him if he gets booed.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I embrace it music to my ears.
Speaker 1: I'll got to be able to take with the good with the bad. You know, coaches tell players, if you're going to read the things about you online, you need to read the negative too, because you can't just be pumping sunshine. Time for one more before we leave.
Speaker 3: I think, Dan, Hey, what's up? Dan Hey? Dan Hey?
Speaker 4: Yeah. Uh, I'm gonna talk fast, kind of lost to say real quick. First of all, I'm originally from Harlan. We lived down here in the middle of Tennessee now by ourself in Knoxville, and just man, I was dreading. I didn't think we were gonna win last night. I tickled to death that we did. But you know, the thing was cal when he first went to come to UK, it was all about Kentucky, all the greatest fans in the world, the smartest fans in the world. And then at the end we were being we were stupid, We didn't know what we were talking about. A him coach to sit there, stay on her hands and say nothing and pushed everybody away from him, wouldn't listen to nobody. Even Antique didn't go with him to Arkansas John Robick situation, which I won't get into that y'all know about that. Just even Welch Welch wasn't gonna stay with him Kentucky. So Cal pushed people away from him. If wasn't the fans. We know what we were talking about. We knew the three players that should have been playing on the court last year, shooting the ball, great to shooters in the SEC three point shooters, and they hardly ever played them together. So Cal deserves what he gets. That's all I've got to say. Thank you, guys. I appreciate you, go Cat.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: We've had a lot of good costs today and we'll make them all collectively. Our Whiskey Thief Calls of the Day, Good call go by Whiskey Thief to Stelling Company is still a test of filter whiskey straight from the barrel. Book a tour at Whiskey Thief dot com. We're going to be at the Level location coming up on Friday.
Speaker 1: That's right, and it would probably be minus odds on DraftKings for Calaby boot on Saturday.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: Promo code ks are new customers. Bet five dollars, get two hundred and bonus bets. You can do it all live, betting, same game, parlays, player of props, point spreads, alternate point spreads, all there for you. Promo code ks are only on DraftKings for new customers.
Speaker 1: All right, big thank you to everybody that joined us this morning. KSR is next Matt, Drew Franklin, Shannon the Dude. I'm Billy Rutledge and we will talk to you tomorrow