Speaker 1: Second date, up date.
Speaker 2: Can we all agree if you have a dog, you have to put them in a s'mores outfit or a tiny, crunched taco suit or some type of food costume for Halloween time.
Speaker 3: Absolute, I can't put my dog in a costume.
Speaker 4: What you hate Halloween?
Speaker 5: I love my dog and she hates Halloween.
Speaker 2: That's why she hates it. Obviously, you can't just do it for the cute picks. You gotta do it for the potential romance too with your dog.
Speaker 4: So for the dogs and for the people.
Speaker 2: To please explain right now, I won't explain.
Speaker 4: Let's have one of our listeners explain.
Speaker 2: Her name is Haley, and she met a human date through her costumed dog in the middle.
Speaker 4: Of Spooky season and Haley walk into the show.
Speaker 6: Hey guys, Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's your dog's name? I don't even want to know the guy's name.
Speaker 6: Her name is Leila. She's a frind chief.
Speaker 5: And she went as so she was.
Speaker 6: A dragon and I was a princess.
Speaker 1: Oh that is.
Speaker 4: Stop it. You guys are a couple of then.
Speaker 5: I love the combo houses.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, she loves it. She actually doesn't mind being dressed up.
Speaker 5: Where did she go where did you go dressed up with your dog?
Speaker 6: So it was actually a party that was specifically for dogs like dogs and our owners of course.
Speaker 4: And tell us about the guy that you met through this experience. What's his name?
Speaker 6: His name is Chris okay, and he invited me to this party. This party was actually our second date.
Speaker 5: Oh okay?
Speaker 3: Oh interesting, So you knew him already obviously.
Speaker 4: By the second date, hopefully.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was just picturing her like meeting him at the party show.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean? So what was his costume and dog?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do we have to go through all the dog costumes?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Jeffrey, that's the whole point of this.
Speaker 4: Cute.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's actually is the point of it. I think the point is trying to get on.
Speaker 3: The most fun part. Dress up the dog, put the dog on the phone. Oh god, what was Chris and his dog?
Speaker 6: It was cute. He was Mario and his dog was the one of the little toes, you know, Mario.
Speaker 2: And the princess and the dragon and the toad. It all makes sense, right, It all kind of fit.
Speaker 6: It was like synchronicity. It was like it was fake.
Speaker 2: Take us back to the beginning about how you guys first met if that was your second date?
Speaker 4: How did this all start?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: So the first day was quick. He reached out to me through Instagram, which normally I would never entertain, right, Like, I'm not big in like the slide and the DM thing.
Speaker 5: Okay, so why was he the exception?
Speaker 6: So he didn't reach out to my Instagram? He reached out to Leila's instagram my dog.
Speaker 4: Oh your dog.
Speaker 5: The dogs account?
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he DM me as if he was a dog, and he was like hey, like woof, Like my owner thinks that your owner is really cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Usually don't say wolf if you think they're cute. That's the opposite. It's a dog barking.
Speaker 2: Okay, she should have said out there you go with the eyes popping audio message.
Speaker 6: It was a little weird, but it was like it was cute. It was funny. So I asked for the owner's Instagram, which was him. That was Chris checked it out and I'm like, all right, this guy's kind of cute. Let me go on a date.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, and you said coffee was your first date.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I wanted to keep it quick because you know, I didn't know him so we just did like a twenty minute thing. It was during the week I said, I had a meeting to go to.
Speaker 8: Yeah, how was it?
Speaker 6: It was fun? Like he was nice, okay, And then that's when he asked me to go to this party. He said it was over the weekend, so we'd have more time. So that was more time for us to like actually hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, So he invited you to go to a costume party for dogs and humans and tell.
Speaker 4: Us how that was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that was really fun, Like he was still very gentlemanly, like he was getting my drinks for me, holding doors.
Speaker 4: Like he get Laila drink. That's not his responsibility, that's his dogs.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So the dogs also kind of had a date. Like if the dogs just kind of went off and did their own thing while we were hanging out, that's.
Speaker 5: A big deal. When the dogs get along, Wow, bad if they didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But then what happened was I was planning on spending like most of the night with him, and then his dog kind of like disappeared. Wedn't know where he went, so he went off to find the dog.
Speaker 2: Oh, your dog got ghosted by his dog?
Speaker 3: The dog said I'm going to go to the bathroom and pee on this fire hydrant and then just.
Speaker 2: Last jumped out the window just probably smelt or soft squirrel.
Speaker 1: Just kidding.
Speaker 4: OK, So dog that sucks his dog went missing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so it went missing, so like of course, like you know, go go find your dog. But he was supposed to come back, and then I just like didn't really hear from him after that, like I don't know like what happened or where you went. He kind of ghosted me.
Speaker 5: He left the party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hope his dog's okay.
Speaker 3: Did you check his dog's Insta account?
Speaker 6: But it's just funny to hear, of course I did. There was no updates like of what happened at night, just the same kind of regular stories of like going for a walk whatever. The next day.
Speaker 5: I'm sure the dog's fine.
Speaker 3: Oh but so the next day, so yeah, you know the dogs.
Speaker 2: Do you have any suspicions in your head of what you think may have gone wrong?
Speaker 6: No? And that's the weird thing I mean, And that we kissed like both times, like the first time, you know, it was just like a cute little kiss, good by, I'll see this weekend. Next time, it was like it was a real kiss.
Speaker 8: Oh oh wow, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm feeling a little ghosted. It doesn't feel good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't blame you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So are we calling Chris or are we calling his dog here for the second day?
Speaker 1: Up there here?
Speaker 6: We want to hear from probably Chris.
Speaker 4: Okay, I just wanted to make sure it's your call.
Speaker 2: So we'll come back call Chris and try and figure out why he ghosted you for a Halloween day.
Speaker 4: That's not cool. We'll do it coming right after this Hold on.
Speaker 1: Second date update.
Speaker 2: Getting ghosted on Halloween is bad enough, but getting double ghosted by both your date and your date's.
Speaker 4: Dog, and that's just easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, But it happened recently to one of our listeners, Haley, and she's really confused about it because her and Chris actually went on two dates, a short coffee meet up and then a dog Halloween costume party, and they kissed both times.
Speaker 5: Which is so weird. He kissed you before he ditched you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and every guy that you've ever kissed, you've started a serious relationship.
Speaker 5: Am I supposed to say?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Good because.
Speaker 4: You do that to men? How dare you men?
Speaker 3: Don't do that to every.
Speaker 2: Maybe we have one of the least noble men though that we're about to call here, Chris not.
Speaker 3: I hope there's a good reason and that he wants to go out with her again.
Speaker 4: And remember he lost his dog. Guys, it wasn't like.
Speaker 5: But the dog's found now, I know.
Speaker 2: But come on, what if the dog ran all the way home and he was just like, oh, we're home now, and what it was like.
Speaker 4: Night's done.
Speaker 6: At least told me what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: How long at the party did you wait until you realized he had just left?
Speaker 5: Left?
Speaker 6: It probably like thirty minutes.
Speaker 5: That's a long time. Yeah, yeah, I feel bad.
Speaker 2: And in dog years, that's like four hundred hours.
Speaker 6: Longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dog ran away in age like five years.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just get to the bottom of it. I'm gonna call Chris right now. We'll see if he answers and if he has anything to say for himself. I sure hope he does to both things.
Speaker 4: I just said. Here we go.
Speaker 8: Okay, Hello, Hey is this Chris?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This my name is Jeff from a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. We're hoping you could we could steal a few minutes of your time today.
Speaker 7: What what is this all about?
Speaker 3: Great question, Chris Brook's.
Speaker 4: Going to answer that for you.
Speaker 8: Yes, sure, I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't talk. I'm realizing it now.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're doing a second day, doing a second day, and there's a woman you went out with that is interested in seeing you again. She's wondering why you're not calling her back.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the part where I take the baton back because Brook can't remember the name of the girl that you went out Princess.
Speaker 4: She was dressed as a princess. I can't just say princess dragon.
Speaker 3: And then Lola was the dog.
Speaker 4: See, this is why I usually run this thing. Her name was Hayley. Remember remember going out with a girl named Haley?
Speaker 7: Oh my god? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, actually, sorry to correct you, but according to her, you actually went on two dates. Well, and apparently the second one was like a dog costume party, which you had to leave in the.
Speaker 5: Middle of without telling her.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, but I had a good reason to leave the party, to be perfectly honest.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we heard that your dog got out and ran away, and so you had to go find him.
Speaker 7: No, that wasn't the real problem.
Speaker 4: Wait what, your dog didn't run away?
Speaker 7: He was gone for a little bit, but he was just running around the house. I found him. It wasn't it wasn't an issue.
Speaker 5: Dide you ditched her? I knew it.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: Why? Why would you leave?
Speaker 7: So I got a text from my friends.
Speaker 1: He's been doing.
Speaker 7: Some I guess you'd call it investigating for me on my behalf way.
Speaker 4: You got a text from your friend while you were at the party.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I was trying to like sign her Instagram because I only had a dog's Instagram. That's how I met her.
Speaker 4: Okay, we heard that.
Speaker 2: We heard that you guys messaged each other through both of your dog's Instagram accounts.
Speaker 3: What did the friend see on her on her Instagram?
Speaker 7: On her Instagram, there was a picture of a guy and it was also linked to another guy's account who had a lot of pictures of her and him together. And then in his bio it said her name with a bunch of parts.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I think I'm following this. So Haley has an Instagram account. There's a photo on there with her and another guy, right, and the guy's instagram account says in his bio Haley.
Speaker 7: With Haley with hearts around it like.
Speaker 4: The dating.
Speaker 3: That there could be. There's plenty of exes that are still hanging on and won't change the bio.
Speaker 2: How many exes have you and their bios?
Speaker 5: Seriously? Like what a rush to judgment?
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you just ask her about it?
Speaker 7: I wasn't going to confront her at the party, but I was definitely a little bit shaken by it, so I just decided to leave the party. I just couldn't deal with that there.
Speaker 4: Wow, so you were just like, you know what, I give up.
Speaker 2: It's a sticky, complicated situation that you don't want to get involved in.
Speaker 3: But so that it's not like that's the thing, Like.
Speaker 7: Well, I did follow up on it. My friend and I we messaged the guy and we're like, hey, I went on a couple of dates with Haley and we see all these photos with you. Okay, God, he got really upset and then he asked me to FaceTime with him.
Speaker 5: What wait?
Speaker 3: Upset? Like that's my girlfriend or just.
Speaker 8: Like no what.
Speaker 7: They've been dating for two years. He is the reason she has like a great Instagram for Layla, her dog. He like set her up with all these crazy Instagram people from New York City to like make it popular or make her go viral, and like you spent thousands of dollars on it.
Speaker 3: So a relationship. But is she like the dumbest cheater ever? Because guy, would you go on a radio station to talk about somebody who isn't calling you back?
Speaker 2: She didn't think he I mean, she clearly didn't know about any of that stuff book that he had, like found all that information, has.
Speaker 5: A boyfriend, and the boyfriend could possibly hear this. She must know the boyfriend doesn't listen to us.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe she has an answer for it, because I need to tell you, Chris, she's listening right now. Oh yeah, yeah, and she did well at least I think.
Speaker 6: I Yeah, I am here.
Speaker 1: So what's the deal?
Speaker 7: Why do you Why are you going on dates when you have a boyfriend already?
Speaker 6: Listen? You don't know the situation? Okay, it's a lot more complicated than you think.
Speaker 4: It always is.
Speaker 5: What's complicated about it, Haley, It's.
Speaker 6: Like he and I are like not really together, like we're seeing other people, and honestly, like you should have asked me about this. You shouldn't have just left me at the party.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you're seeing other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it true that you've been dating him whatever on and off for the last two years.
Speaker 6: Yes, it is, And I told him that I want to see other people. So that's one of the reasons why am my accounts on linked Okay, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, guys, I have to jump in. That's this is not what he said at all. During the face time, he said they are still dating. He said that they were hanging out just the other day. They went out for a dinner. So like, this is all lie. She's just a liar.
Speaker 6: Why, Okay, So that's what he said. You asked him about this. You didn't ask me, Like, yeah, we went out for dinner because we're still friends.
Speaker 3: Immediately, I don't know, I believe her, she called the radio.
Speaker 2: It's predictable that Brooke would side with the cheater in this either.
Speaker 5: It just sounds cleany. I just don't know how to believe.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I feel like I feel like she's telling her truth and he actually probably thinks that that's his truth.
Speaker 6: Chris, Like, I didn't have a chance to tell you about this because if you remember, we only spent a very short amount of time together, like our birthday was like twenty minutes, and then this next one you left before I could even explain it.
Speaker 7: But but like when you at least like broach the subject of being like, hey, I have a crazy ex who still thinks he's a relationship with me, but it's not true.
Speaker 5: No, you usually don't just say.
Speaker 1: That's a big turn on.
Speaker 4: Of course you do.
Speaker 5: By the way, my dog's dress is a dragon.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter anyway, Chris, Honestly, I'm really not interested in you.
Speaker 2: Wait, we just did this whole phone call for you clarification finally.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that was before I found out that you're kind of a creepy stalker.
Speaker 4: And then well, I'm not.
Speaker 2: The one who's stalking your page.
Speaker 3: It's not about you.
Speaker 2: Girls do this all the time, friends research for friends.
Speaker 5: It's not Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm supposed to ask you guys to go out on another date and we'll pay for it.
Speaker 4: But Haley, you're withdrawing your.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I think Leyla can do better too.
Speaker 7: You know what, why don't you give me a GIF certificate? Mean? Haley's X will go out to beat ups and get some beers on football.
Speaker 6: That, yeah, you know, by all means you guys deserve each other.
Speaker 7: It's and by the way, Hayley, your dog has ginger vitis. You need to get that checked out.
Speaker 6: Okay, well your dogs breath is the worst I've ever smelled, so.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, this is getting into a bad.
Speaker 5: Dogs can't even defend themselves.
Speaker 4: Tried to go to a date. We ended with dog shade.
Speaker 1: Looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I got really nasty there at the end.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you like dog shaming happening.
Speaker 3: There's just the most innocent part of this entire thing.
Speaker 2: Surprised she didn't come back with, oh yeah, my dog makes more money on Instagram than your dog.
Speaker 3: It sounds like that was actually accurate thanks.
Speaker 4: To that one.
Speaker 2: That's like the new my dad could beat up your dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my dog gets more like I don't.
Speaker 2: I think she's just feeling like she got caught trying to have her cake and eat it too, so she got a little bit defense.
Speaker 5: She's single.
Speaker 2: You might be right, but a lot of text seventy five nights you were saying you got busted, and she's trying to lie her way out of it.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe I'm too trusting. Maybe I just believe everybody.
Speaker 2: Speaking from dudes like we can be clinging and creepy too.
Speaker 4: I know, guys, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Any boyfriend that's going to put your name in their freaking bio with hearts around it has some issues before you break up, like a weird thing.
Speaker 4: You represent your husband with hearts around that is Michael take a brook out out of your Facebook profile. So yeah, no matter what.
Speaker 2: I just hope that those two dogs find each other somewhere down even.
Speaker 4: If it's a pet napping. Maybe that was too far about Actually Nat, I just want them to meet each other again.
Speaker 2: But anyway, if you ever want to meet someone, you can always email the show.
Speaker 4: We'll call that person's in calling you back.
Speaker 2: You can check out all these podcasts wherever you get your is that Brook and Jeffrey
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning