Speaker 1: Welcome to the solid verbal hull that for me, I'm a man, I'm forty.
Speaker 2: I've heard so many players say, well, I want to be happy. You want to be happy for a day at a steak?
Speaker 1: Is that woof?
Speaker 2: Woof?
Speaker 1: And don and tie.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the solid verbal boys and girls. My name is ty Hildebrand. That fine gentleman over there has always the monster of the midweight An Rubinstein, sir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how are you not bad?
Speaker 2: Had a bit of a saga, saga saga with catching a mouse this morning in our basement who was on its last little legs Okay, walked through a thunderstorm because I had to pick up the car getting an oil change and a tire rotation. You're supposed to rotate your tires?
Speaker 1: Is that a thing? It is?
Speaker 2: I just okay, no, No, that's that's definitely a very real thing, rotating the tires have been rotated. Mix some well I didn't mix some dough. I made some dough ball from some previously resting cold fermenting dough. And so that'll happen later in the week pizza wise. So it's been an active morning. I was just on a PAC twelve radio with Guy Haberman and Evan Moore. Okay, great, they do a great job. So it's it's been an excitable morning. And I worked out ty. I even got a workout in because I couldn't get one in last night, and I did. And its appropriate for this show because it's a Q and A show that we're just hitting different topics.
Speaker 1: Boom boom, boom boom.
Speaker 2: It was an interval workout, a high intensity interval workout. I don't know if you've done one of those.
Speaker 3: Sam, dude, settle down. I had two cups of black tea and two eggs and that's what I did this morning.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I couldn't get through the entire workout. I looked like Patrick Ewing in the fourth quarter after merely fifteen or sixteen minutes. And I'm feeling good though, you know, good good.
Speaker 1: It's good to have you at full capacity.
Speaker 3: You're gonna need your energy because this is a monster recording session that we're set to embark on here. Thank you to one and all for stopping on, buy, downloading, listening, subscribing, what have you. The show is always driven by our good friends over at Geico. If you have not hit the subscribe button, yet please feel free to do so. It's free, it's easy. Tell all your friends, don't forget to go to forballers dot com if you want interesting perks like a full video version of this show, all of our shows given to you a little bit early. You get access to the Patreon community, the discord, the bonus content, extra nuggets, all the good stuff we've been telling you about. You can find it for Ballers dot com and last, but certainly not least, going out to solid Giveaway dot Com. You've got until April the twenty third, at which point we're gonna draw a name that is going to win that AJ Brown signed Ole Miss Minnie helmet, at which point we will do it all over again. I got another helmet in the queue, Dan, But today's show, today's show is a long one. We did it last month. We're going to do it again now. Throughout the course of any given month, any given week, any given off season. Frankly, we are inundated with questions from the esteemed verboller hood folks who write in via email, They write in via Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, even on Patreon. Now we've got questions coming out the wazoo, and we're doing our best to try and get through all of them in as orderly a fashion as humanly possible. So show that many of y'all are going to hear today is our mega April Q and A Part one. Part two will be a Patreon exclusive. Normally we do a brunet on Fridays. Part two of this show is going to be the brune that gets released to the Patreon community. So as I've advertised it a little bit here in our Patreon world, the more scandalous type stuff will save for the premium content that goes up.
Speaker 1: A yeah, but.
Speaker 3: Just an incredible amount of slew of great questions that came through that I am excited to discuss with you today, Dan, as.
Speaker 2: Part of part one, I am as well. Should we just spare no more filler and just get to it?
Speaker 1: Congratulations Skippy, you've got mail. You've got mail on the Solid Ruble as often as we can, Dan, we like to.
Speaker 2: Pay Solid whoa whoa whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: Homage to those of you who write in solblegmail dot com, all of our social channels, snail mails, Messenger, pigeon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We'll take.
Speaker 3: Questions however we can get them. Do you want to start off the show.
Speaker 2: Sure we have questions. Yeah, we have questions from the verballers, from Discord, we have questions from our Patreon page, we have questions from Twitter, we have questions from Instagram, and I think we had some emailers too, So it's all over the place. I am ready, ty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is the question, okay that some people just tend to ask. It's the who is this year's blankety blank?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: It's like, who is this year's IOWA the team that comes out of nowhere to go undefeated? Who is this year's LSU to have firepower out of nowhere? Who is this year's Kenny Pickett Kenneth Pickett and or Joe Burrow tie Let's define what we believe that to mean? Okay, and twenty twenty two looking at quarterbacks who have been around but have been sort of a late bloomer to be Heisman adjacent or ensconced for that Heisman ensconced quarterback caliber. Can I give you some names please? I'd love to just like, just quarterbacks who are bathing in that jacuzzi of mediocrity, who are ready to make that leap. Okay, here we go. We got bo Nix at Oregon Fresh start. Whatever we've got Max Johnson Texas A and M fresh Start. Whatever you got Will Levis who popped last year? Who Nate Tye on the show this week mentioned I can't.
Speaker 3: Tell you how many messages I got about the Nate Tice conversation with a specific regard to Will Levis.
Speaker 1: Sure continue.
Speaker 2: I have Adrian Martinez at Kansas State who has a stellar running back next to him to take away some of that attention. Maybe that helped you have Similarly, Casey Thompson at at Nebraska who's been around but hasn't popped as a top flight showed certain flashes last year, was Xavier worthy and you're one of the sark offense at Texas. So maybe another guy fresh Start about Jordan Travis Florida State, somebody who dual threadability And we're going to talk about Florida State in a little while as well on an upcoming show. Let me let me see where else I can go with this.
Speaker 1: M no pro pro probe?
Speaker 3: What about Keen Slovice, Dan Keaton Slovas at pitt What about Keaton Slovas.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's a JT.
Speaker 3: Daniels at West Virginia who just committed JT. Daniels is going to be throwing nothing but three yard hitch routes all right now, Yeah, all year. His average depth of target's going to be like four and a half. Now, I I'm very interested.
Speaker 1: In Keten Slovas.
Speaker 3: I'm interested in that situation for a number of reasons. I guess there is a bit of overlap between can you pick it at Pitt and now Keaton slova is transferring to Pitt. But I love the fact that he's got a game breaking wide out in Jordan Addison. I understand the offense a little bit different now Mark Whipple goes to Nebraska, So you know to what extent that's going to factor in remains to be seen. But I think Peten Slovas is a really interesting bounce back candidate, if only because he burst onto the scene in a big way when he became the starting quarterback at USC last year was nicked up and there was the whole Jackson Dart thing, the whole coaching changed thing. It didn't quite work out. I think this could be a fresh start for him in a place that has at least had some recent success at the quarterback position. So I'm he's a name that I'm interested in. I'm interested less so in Casey Thompson, though that is a situation I'm going to follow because it's hard for me to gauge. Casey Thompson coming to Texas to begin with was kind of a story, right he was. He was a guy that a lot of folks were really excited about, and it worked out in spots. It obviously wasn't consistent the whole way throughout. Otherwise he still would have had a firm grasp on that starting quarterback spot. So what Scott Frost can do with him at Nebraska, if he can give that offense something of a lift, definitely a better passer than what Nebraska has had recently. I'm interested in Casey Thompson. What can he do? And if only because Nate Tice brought up Will Levis. Now, I guess I'm gonna have to be in on Will Levis. He's a guy, Nate's a guy who knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: I am not.
Speaker 3: I'm just an idiot with a microphone. So Will Levis, we'll see.
Speaker 1: I am open to.
Speaker 3: Being convinced on that front, but it will be hard for me to forget some of Will Levis's early work at Penn State. All Right, I've got some other names who are sort of off of the Heisman adjacent or ensconsing radar, but have shown enough promise that have either bathed in the jacuzzi of mediocrity or have bathed in the.
Speaker 1: Jacuzzie of pretty good. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Brendan Armstrong been around, been shown improvement, right, probably needs to cut down on the picks to to really have that chance to vault. I mean, same goes for Will Levis. Obviously, dtr Ty been around. Okay, right, what about and this is more this is directly in line with the Joe Burrow part of this. Whoever wins that job at LSU. Both those guys have hung around, not in a starting role for Miles Brennan, but Jayden Daniels has shown that promise and will be surrounded by talent presumably, But it's year one. I don't know if Mike Denbrock is the most explosive offensive mine to to sort of vault one of those guys up. But there's actually there's a lot of example. Like Devin Leary. I wouldn't say he's.
Speaker 3: Devin Leary had a pretty good year last year. No, no, no, but he's definitely pretty good already. Oh yeah, definitely, but he is.
Speaker 2: He It would it would be a vault to get to the Heisman, Jacuzzi, Would it not?
Speaker 1: For sure? For sure?
Speaker 2: I'm the the player that I'm looking for. It is somebody who does not qualify as this, but somebody who is to me too far beneath the radar in talking about this conversation about these quarterbacks, and that's kJ Jefferson.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: The chips are to the center of the table for me. With kJ Jefferson physically the dual threat, the arm, you know, no more Trailon Burks. But you know, the transfer situation is very good for Arkansas. The coordinator is there for an explosive offense. It's I think the line should be good once again. So that's the guy to me who will vault himself into household status because of the stage on which he plays. To me, my best bet for that is kJ Jefferson.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, Keaton Slovis, I sort of evaluate in an entirely different vein than kJ Jefferson. I think I saw the riding on the wall for sure with kJ Jefferson last year and especially in that bowl game. I know so many people who weren't familiar with kJ Jefferson saw him in the bowl game, and just the skill set that he has able to take over a game is something that is really special in college football, sure, and I'm excited to see more of him this coming season. For sure, Arkansas is definitely in a good place. Sam Pittman's done an awesome job with that program, and to be frank, the athletics program at Arkansas as a whole isn't a really good place between the basketball and football program and other sports. So it's a great time to be a Hog right now. And I think we'll see much more of what kJ has this coming season.
Speaker 2: Can I give you I'm gonna give you the deepest of sleepers for an answer for this, because Kenny Pickett was pretty deep as a sleeper to get into that Heisman and now he's, you know, in the conversation for the first quarterback taken in the NFL draft because of what I believe to be a good amount of natural talent, what I believe to be a good offensive line in front of him, and much in the way that you know, Joe Brady opened things up or helped to open things up for LSU with a new coordinator. My deep sleeper answer for this is grammertz mm because Bobby Ingram comes in because he has a good running back next him who should provide for play action opportunities. Now, I don't think they have Winter Wonders at receiver. I don't think they have those guys that scare deep safeties.
Speaker 1: That to me is the issue.
Speaker 2: But in terms of a guy who's like going from ten touchdowns and eleven picks to eighteen and three with a really solid offseason, and he's healthy, and I have to squint. I have to squint, and I have to put on some pretty strong lenses. But I'm just saying, if I'm going to select somebody deep in the cavern of mediocrity, that's my pick.
Speaker 3: Such odd construction.
Speaker 1: I love it, Thank you, I thank you. I really love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, you know we commit. Okay, are you ready for the next quest?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: Please? Thank you very much. By the way, to uh, I want to get this right. It was Gordon.
Speaker 2: You don't hear from a lot of Gordons anymore, and so I'm glad we could we could get that on that same vein Finalytics picks for long heisman, and this person has suggested Jermaine Burton Alabama transfer from Georgia at thirty thousand plus thirty thousand.
Speaker 3: Three hundred to one hundred to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good path on the fly. Yeah, I'm used to it.
Speaker 3: That's a problem. Yeah, so you know this is my thing. I hate the heisman, but I love long shot heisman picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's value, there's.
Speaker 3: Value, and the problem is that you're never really going to cash in that value. It's just interesting to look at who feels like they are too low in any given moment to that point. As I went through, as I looked at some of these names. kJ Jefferson's pretty low. Yeah, he's a name that I think is interesting. Jackson Smith and Jigba is pretty low at eighty to one. We had a recent wide receiver Heisman winner and DeVante Smith. I think I think the guy for me is probably JSN at eighty to one. I like that one a lot, at least on the list here that I am looking at. He is equal to kJ Jefferson, who is also eighty to one. He is equal to Jordan at well no excuse me, Jordan Addison is one hundred to one. HM. If perhaps Keaton Slovis pops off the way I expect, the way I hope, he could be an interesting name to keep tabs on. Traveon Henderson at sixty to one is not bad, depending on how Ryan Dade chooses to use him, given the other artillery he's got in that offense. Sean Clifford at sixty to one is not a good pick.
Speaker 1: Do not pick him, don't. Don't waste our time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't don't go there. Those are some names that jump out. Quinn Ewers at forty to one is.
Speaker 1: Kind of a joke. We haven't seen anything from quinn Ewers yet.
Speaker 2: But that's I mean, look, if he pops, who do they have early on? They have Alabama early?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Don't just don't don't do that, Okay, don't. I don't think that's bad value. I don't think that's bad value. If he is the general rational quarterback that he has been labeled to be, that's not terrible value. Another one that's not as close of offense I'm gonna get. I have a couple, but continue another one.
Speaker 3: If my deep sleeper here would be Will Shipley, Will Shipley at Clemson is one hundred and seventy to one. This is per the Action Network. I don't know how up to date this is, but yeah, I'm looking at a different one. But my hunch is that it hasn't changed all that much. It's still probably really low for Will Shipley. But you know, it was hurt last year, but I think established himself as sort of a jack of all trade, someone who could go into that offense and really really makes them. Hey, if DJ you or my boy kde club Nick can get their act together at quarterback, provided that the coaching situation doesn't fully implode. Now that it's a bunch of new names, Clemson clearly is talent.
Speaker 1: It's an acc schedule.
Speaker 3: Will Shipley is going to be, I think, kind of the go to playmaker on that offense. He's an interesting name for me at once seventy to one. Okay, Jamiir Gibbs at Alabama, I think Heisman voters will not be thrilled even if Bryce Young shows himself to be even better than he was last year, much in the way that Lamar Jackson had a better follow up year than he did his Heisman year. In a lot of cases, especially statistically, he was a better quarterback, He was more developed, he was better at reading defenses. He was just clearly better and didn't win it the following year. Jamiir Gibbs is going to be a big beneficiary of defensive coordinators. King in on Bryce Young the passing him and Jermaine Burton is a decent answer as well.
Speaker 1: Who could be the.
Speaker 2: Number one guy for Alabama out wide? Jamiir Gibbs was crazy impressive for a nothing offense. What is he going to do behind Obama offensive line? What is he going to do split out wide? What is he going to look like when used creatively? When Heisman voters do not love a back to back winner. I think that's interesting. And currently his odds are at ten thousand, so it's, oh yeah, whatever it is, or it opened at that and it you know, depending on where you're looking. But there's value, whether it's one hundred to one or forty to one, whatever decent value there outside of like, that's that's the deep one, right, that's you're you're looking pretty deep into the uh, the annals. You know, Malie Hunningham, I'm gonna need to see a step forward. I mentioned Brendan Armstrong on that that conversation in terms of guys making leaps vaults. But man, he put up some huge games and I don't believe Brendan Armstrong will necessarily win. But we could have another year, didn't did we not? In like mid November say to ourselves, I don't know. It's still kind of wide open, and Bryce Young kind of won it by default because he just it's true. It is strong like it could be another year where they don't want to give it to Bryce Young, like I again, Will Shipley's not a bad bet when you look at some of the odds here, Jackson Dart at what is that fifty to one? Yeah, something like that five thousand or five to one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me throw.
Speaker 3: Out two other names. Yeah, Henon Hooker at sixty to one on the on the sheet that I've got here, this looks like it was updated in January, So yeah, it's probably moved down, maybe not that much. But Hendon Hooker's not a bad pick. Sixty to one. He's gonna throw it a ton. He had a good year last year. He's another guy could be interesting. The problem with the Heisman is your team has.
Speaker 1: To be really good.
Speaker 3: In order to really have a shot. Yeah, and I don't know where you know, hopefully Tennessee takes a step forward.
Speaker 1: But we'll see the other name here.
Speaker 3: I noticed that you haven't mentioned Will Anderson.
Speaker 2: Dan, that's true. That's a it's a name worth discussing.
Speaker 3: I was hoping you could do the Will Anderson voice. Well, thank you, the exasperated national mediaker.
Speaker 2: He's Willers.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Dan.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that, no problem. He's at thirty to one. Yeah, I've got forty on mine. But yeah, still pretty good odds for a defensive player.
Speaker 1: Ye'll be that high up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody else who I mean, every single offensive line and offensive game plan will be keyed on him, and so it's hard to quantify times run away from or double teams that open things up for teammates. It's hard to do that in the way that Jordan Davis was one of the most dominant players last year in college football. But like, how do you quantify those types of numbers? No, Will Anderson's interesting, but it would take a complete absence of offensive firepower in the sports individual firepower be a running back, receiver, or quarterback for him to really really get there. Though, Will Anderson has the advantage that not a lot of players do of being clearly Heisman caliber as a defensive player and being back for the following season. So the name recognition happens to be excellent for Will Anderson.
Speaker 3: My actual bet. Yeah, and this is not based on odds, by the way. I love Jackson Smith and Jigba at those odds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good. Yeah, those are incredible odds.
Speaker 3: So that would probably be if I put money down. That's why I put money down on the guy who I think is going to win.
Speaker 1: It will be CJ.
Speaker 3: Stroud. It's tough to repeat if you'rre Bryce's young, really tough to repeat as a Heisman Trophy winner.
Speaker 2: The good news if you like Jackson Smith and Jigba is he has already put up cartoonish number in big games.
Speaker 1: Saw. I think it was.
Speaker 2: Nebraska, he put up two three hundred yards. Obviously the Rose Bowl. He just went wild. And he can be forgiven for having a four catch sixty three yard game because it's position dependent, right, he could be double teamed.
Speaker 1: He could just c J.
Speaker 2: Stroud miss something open or whatever, whereas CJ. Stroud if he just has a clunker of a game to open the season against Notre Dame or Michigan State or something like that, but otherwise has a great year that'll be used against him in a way that a low statistical game won't be used against Jackson Smith and JIGBA. So if JSN is fully unguardable and is putting up cartoonish numbers knowing that he's the number one option against and what they have Notre Dame, I think the schedule is really good for just like the stage that he will be playing in big games sprinkled throughout.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Pick from you, all right, It's not a deep sleeper, but I like the pick. Next next topic, Dan Michael, How screwed is Georgia Tech for the foreseeable future?
Speaker 1: Pretty screw Pretty screwed?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're pretty pretty screwed. I think we're in agreement on that front. You just talked about Jamior Gibbs, who left the program.
Speaker 1: YEP.
Speaker 3: Problem with Georgia Tech is that it's not first off, the talent situation. Installing a new system in the wake of that triple option.
Speaker 1: That's all news.
Speaker 3: Paul Johnson's system. We're years into the I know we're years into it, but I still feel like we never.
Speaker 1: Got over that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The problem that I have is the schedule. It's still brutal, right, it's still brutal, and so there's just not a whole lot of wiggle room. If for Georgia Tech, if you're looking to take this thing next level and you've got just killers in your schedule, you know, there's just no net It makes it so much harder.
Speaker 2: I agree, is Tennessee dot dot dot back Nett wants to know? Yeah, okay, so defined back. So it's basically clearly competing for the SEC East, which is where they were when they were there. If they're back, yeah, I don't know. Back is relative, right, back in terms of Texas may not necessarily be back.
Speaker 1: Excuse me for other teams, but Tennessee for what the last five.
Speaker 3: Years to some extent, mm hmm. Maybe it's harsh to say they've been a punchline, but a lot's gone wrong there. Yep, a lot's gone wrong there, especially with the way that Jeremy Pruett left. The program just hasn't been in a good spot. And then the end of the previous this regime wasn't in a good spot either. So I feel like in a very short period of time, Josh Hipel's gotten them to a level of respectability that if you're a Vols fan, you got to be pretty pumped about the fact that they've got Hendon Hooker coming back, the fact that recruiting I think has been pretty strong. There's a lot to like there, and at least directionally, it feels like they are headed towards back. Whatever that may mean for you. It seems as if they are in the car, they've got the breeze and the hair, and they are going towards that destination. So even if they're not there, they're getting there. I feel pretty confident in saying that it seems like they're in a good spot. Yeah, the good news for Tennessee is the turnover at george Now obviously Georgia is stacked, the turnover at Florida quarterback coach, everything is significant. South Carolina is frisky but has a ways to go. Kentucky is a good team, but one that's limited in terms of I mean, they have a new offensive coordinator this year, limited in terms of of you know, how many games they you know, they're not a ten to eleven annual win programs, but we're talking about the Will Levis led excuse me, Yeah, Kentucky Lotcats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no more Liam Cohen, no more Wandale Robinson. But they've recruited really well. I think they just fielded a top fifteen class Kentucky did. Things are great in Lexington, so the SEC East is tricky. The problem with Tennessee to me is they're not back until they're much deeper on defense. The pass rush was okay, they got beat deep too much and there was just there's too many questions on defense. I think they're going to continue to get better. They were decent, I believe, decent against the run, but too many big passes allowed last year. So when they are balancing how explosive that offense can be with how limiting in terms of explosive if that that defense gets to and I think a lot of that is pass rush and havoc. The defense, especially the line, just wasn't getting home enough to make me feel like they're on the this fall verge.
Speaker 3: We say this, Why don't we say this? Why don't we agree that we're on the highway. We're in the Tennessee car. We see a road sign that says, what fifty five miles to back.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're like, I can hold I can hold my bladder that long exactly. Yeah, I can do forty minutes whatever it takes to a wide open road.
Speaker 1: Fifty five miles. I think that's about the right number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, fair enough, you can hold out.
Speaker 1: You're not You're not.
Speaker 2: It's not indistinguishably far. It's horizon ish, that's correct. Okay, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I you know what I think Tennessee is. I don't think Tennessee is ready to win in a number of ways, but I think Tennessee is good enough to beat beatable teams, be it because of injury or internal drama or you know, a screwy turnover in a big game, like Tennessee is good enough to pick up a win that falls off the truck right That's where they are right now, which is a great place to be and growing. A lot of programs should take that spot.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Wow, there are NC DOUBLEA ramifications also on said highway freeway that are TBD, and so that might throw a bit of a winning wrench into things, or losing wrench, as it were, into things. We'll see, but that is a part of the concoction, the volunteer concoction here barring a spike strip, yes, set down by the authorities. I think we're about fifty five miles from back.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the next question.
Speaker 2: I think with what Tennessee can currently control. Yeah, they're in the direction. Okay, Matt says Notre Dame plus ten and a half versus Ohio State, do.
Speaker 1: We hammer.
Speaker 3: Wow plus ten and a half?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: First off, I don't is that a real line. I don't know if that's a real line.
Speaker 1: But it feels about right to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I would No, I wouldn't take that. I would not take those points. There's just too much of an unknown going into that game. I think that Notre Dame be amped up, but the quarterback situation is still a bit up.
Speaker 1: In the air.
Speaker 3: I expect it'll be Tyler Buckner, but there's probably something of an open competition the spring later this fall between him and Drew Pine, So there's uncertainty on that front. There is turnover elsewhere on this Notre Dame squad.
Speaker 1: So you know what it's like in year one.
Speaker 3: First, like, let's say, real regular season game under Marcus Freeman, Tommy Reese unfettered. There's just too many unknowns and we know a lot about Ohio State already. We just talked about c. J. Stroud and JSN and Traveon Henderson. That three heads you'll have in your head as a degenerate, of which that's the tribe you belong to. There is a number like if you said it at plus nineteen and a half, you're like.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 3: I am worried that that game gets out of hand because I feel like on paper, Ohio State is going to be the monster. Better. That doesn't mean it won't be close. It's week one, and weird things happen in week one, But I just have far more questions about Notre Dame that I do Ohio State. If you gave me fourteen and a half, I maybe consider that, but that to me feels like a stay away game. I would stay well away from that game. I do think that there will be a lot of steam on Notre Dame as the game gets closer, because they're first off, a team that people love to bet for or against, and especially in a case like Week one against Ohio State, Marcus Freeman's first game. This weird set of events that we had last year with Brian Kelly leaving actually turned a lot of people into Notre Dame fans, and there will be call me crazy, I think there will be a percentage of the population out there that wants to root for them, especially against another hated team Micha Ohio State.
Speaker 2: I don't know where you're getting your data points. I don't think that's true.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I think people will want to root for Notre Dame in that game, and I think that line will come down.
Speaker 2: I think Notre Dame hatred perhaps has softened a bit, but I think the feelings that people have about Notre Dame are larger than any one coach.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. I'm just saying, Okay, you will have You will have Michigan people who want to root for Notre Dame, want to bet for Notre Dame because they're playing Ohio State. You have other people in the Big Ten. I will want Ohio State to lose that game.
Speaker 2: They you have, you have the un You have the known of Ohio State's offense, which I think is going to continue to approve, especially new offensive line coach.
Speaker 1: But the known of we know what these receivers are, we know who CJ.
Speaker 2: Stroud is whatever, and obviously you know what Ryan Day does as an architect of that offense now brand new Ohio State defense. There's an unknown and a very interesting way for the Buckeyes that Notre Dame has to contend with, as is the unknown of everything about what Notre Dame looks like moving forward, even with you know, the return of the both coordinators. We don't know what Marcus Freeman's long term vision is for this offen or quarterback, and you know what the defense is going to look like now that he's fully in charge. Jim Knowles against a first time, full time starting quarterback for Notre Dame, so blitz a lot, Daddy, send them, man, it could be very very my prediction and somebody in the discord, yeah, can jot this down and if you've got enough patience to actually see this one through to September, my prediction is that in the morning of the few hours before kickoff, that that line moves in favor Notre Dame. Right, I think there will be late stem on Notre Dame. Okay, that's fine, call me crazy, No, I think it's an interesting I won't be betting Notre Dame, but I think people will next question, I love this question, and we're actually going to get into the art of the question. Okay, but bah bah bah. Disregarding all things related to football, Sam wants to know which former college football greats life would you most want to have? Okay, so the current post football so they can't be a current NFL star like you can't select I want to be Lamar Jackson, who's unquestionably a college football grade and all time college football grade. Sure which college football greats current life is the most desirable for you to your your soul, to escape your body and and land in this person in their in their brain.
Speaker 3: Well, like, okay, what constitutes a great because the first thing that comes to mind is the guys who have played college football who have been very, very good at their position. Yeah, I've definitely had an NFL future and then decided I'm gonna play baseball.
Speaker 1: So you're answering, Jeff Samarja, is that what you're doing. I'm not answering Jeff Samarsha. But Jeff Samarja made one.
Speaker 3: Hundred and twenty two million dollars playing baseball. He was an average pitcher and he was not a bad avenue to go. If that's okay the framework for this question, Jeff Samarja is not a college football great. You can tell the story of mid two thousands college football without leaning heavily on Jeff Samarsha, Brady Quinn, Quinn, No, so who is who is the person that, like from across the country you mentioned their name.
Speaker 1: And they say, oh, yeah, man, he was something else.
Speaker 2: Jeff Samarja is not that, Brady Quinn's not that, but like Matt Lionard is.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, Bush has brought Reggie Busch. Go ahead, who are your answers?
Speaker 1: I'm curious.
Speaker 2: Number One Desmond Howard, unquestionably iconic college football player, lives in Miami, works the hardest for four months a year. Is not physically unwell to me. I know, he came on the show and he talks about how he bikes and he does all these workouts or whatever, and he's beloved still beloved of course by Michigan fans and alumni, and I don't know. He seems like a happy dude who has it together. I think that's a decent answer. Do you know what Jerry Rice is up to now? All time unquestioned college football I'm not talking about forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: He's not doing He's not doing those men's vitality commercials with Frank Thomas. Is he might be Okay, what's wrong with that? I'm Jude's out not a sponsor. I guess could be go ahead, kichinue.
Speaker 2: Jerry Rice, his kid just transferred from Colorado to USC so he gets to be a proud college football dad. I believe he lives in California, has made a very handsome living. The last in public story that I read about Jerry Rice is he just has a great time crashing weddings in northern California. He is super recognizable, gets onto the dance floor, and everybody loves to have a Jerry Rice surprise. Counterpoint.
Speaker 3: Counterpoint, Yeah, Yeah, he played for Mississippi Valley State. Yeah, is that a big enough school to qualify him as a college football grade. He was clearly great in college, but well it was more of an NFL great than he was a college grade.
Speaker 2: I went on ESPN's one hundred and fifty Greatest College Football Players Ever. There was Jerry Rice like number, you know, thirty four.
Speaker 1: So we'll take that.
Speaker 2: We'll accept that he had set a number of records. He was unguardable. He just happened to play at a smaller level. But he is considered to be a college football grade. I think did he win the Walter Payton Award, the you know, the the equivalent like the FCS Heisman.
Speaker 1: Probably probably, you can look it up.
Speaker 3: As as I'm discussed, there is there is one easy answer here that I'm curious to see.
Speaker 1: A few through the Okay, I have my number three. Yeah, Andrew Luck.
Speaker 2: Oh, Andrew Luck retired, made a ton of money, is a new dad, loves reading, loves traveling, and once again retired early with a ton of money, and no longer plays football, and just seems like a bright dude who has his life together. Has a Stanford education, which certainly is something of value. Man, I don't know. I look at his life as being roughly, I think he's a little bit younger than we are. I mean a lot younger than you. But I don't think in terms of living a college football great life. Who also appears on that list?
Speaker 1: I think I think that's my answer.
Speaker 3: It's a good answer. How's the answer not Peyton Manning.
Speaker 2: Peyton Manning's a great answer. He's an all time college football great played in at least one Citrus Bowl, if I correctly what the old Steve Spury, you can't.
Speaker 3: I'm not crazy about the neck pain, but right, you know, we're talking about removing all things football from this equation and so we can kind of lump that together with it. But Peyton Manning is sort of like a budding media star. He's funny, he's funny. He's definitely going to have limitless opportunities to grow his footprint as it relates to all things media and just be out there and you know, pretty much have his pickets away when there comes to anything in the entertainment or media world.
Speaker 2: The only my primary concern with some of these guys and looking at their life now, is how's Peyton Manning's neck doing?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: That's the concern to me. That they's end of his career. That's related to football, no I know, but that's also related to his life. Like there are guys there, there are former players where like the game has clearly taken its toll on them physically, where I just I hope that they can heal from but it does not look like a pleasant experience. That's the worry for me. But it seems like he's doing all right.
Speaker 3: But the question was outside of football, removing all things football. Yeah, and neck is because of football. So in this parallel universe, Peyton Manning's got our good strong neck. He's my answer what.
Speaker 2: College football storyline Taylor wants to know outside of the playoff? Are you sick of hearing about?
Speaker 3: Do you have an answer for this sort of Yeah, my answer isn't really an answer. It's complicated. It's sort of a punt. But if I'm being honest, the answer for me is Dabo Sweeney. Now, OK, he's not really a storyline firebrand, but yes, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It has been a journey.
Speaker 3: For us as college football fans, as Dabo has walked this long path of being an opinion haver m eighty percent of the time, he pretty much sucks at it. Yeah, and it's hard to listen to him unless you're a full throated Clemson blo, just a full throated Dabbo apologist. Yeah, Clemson's been a juggernaut for the better part of the last decade. I don't want to hear it about these ways that college football and the rules and the transfer port and all these things are making it harder for him as a coach.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 3: They've been pretty good at it in the old world, in the way the system's been And I didn't hear him barking then, so that to me rings pretty hollow. Okay, then twenty percent of the time, frankly, like his most recent comments, I don't know if you saw those about college football may need a full on blow up. I just got a nuke it because of the way things have gone. It's gotten a little bit out of control. Priorities are messed up. Twenty percent of the time, I'm like, all right, I'm with you.
Speaker 2: In defense of Dabosweeney, he's asked these questions. This is not him calling for a press conference to say I need to get things off my chest. He's asked verific questions. Things can be taken out of context, right that, like we don't hear the question being asked, or we don't hear what he said before and after that. That is a part of things with coaching comments. I am not a huge fan of the top of the sport amassing talent in the manner in which they are. There's nothing there's no solution to it, and I don't know if that's really a storyline. But the the centralization of like these crazy deep rosters and the top of the sport being sort of unchanged, there's nothing that can realistically be done to encourage parody.
Speaker 1: But whatever that's I.
Speaker 2: Think the big thing of recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, recruiting, and then the recruiting industry is saying, look, stars matter, Stars make a huge difference. We know, we all know that the teams with the best players. We all know that, you know, the people with the most money when it comes to luxury homes and luxury yachts have an advantage. I think there are huge fan bases that are the beneficiaries of those and that's why we talk about it, and I get that, but I just I don't know. That's sort of is not my favorite thing. And also discussions about conference strength, I understand it's a very popular thing to talk about and like, is the SEC deeper than any other conference? Is the Big ten blah blah blah a CEC versus Big ten ACC big? Like, I I understand that they're like, I think you should take pride in your team, but taking pride in your conference, to me, is and maybe this is just me a disappointed and sad PAC twelve fan. And I'll explain the whole idea of conferences to you on another show.
Speaker 1: Sure, but it's it's.
Speaker 2: Sort of like the the old like, uh, the old boy meets world scene, where you know, you have the tiny little bully hanging behind the big bully, like, yeah, tell him Franky. You're just like, I'm an Arkansas fan sec sec is like, what are you?
Speaker 1: Just go eight and four? Like who cares?
Speaker 2: So that, to me is the thing that I am. I'm not a huge fan of conference pride. I think it's it's a way to feel good about yourself without having your team do a ton to contribute to top level success.
Speaker 1: I don't love that. Okay, that's a good answer. I like that. Let's go next question, next question.
Speaker 2: On a more serious note, Oh this is shock, He asked another question about Will Levis, which we've already gotten into. When you think of your schools that you root for, who is the one that got away in the way that Georgia fans think about Justin Fields perhaps, or maybe Ohio State fans think about Joe Burrow, who is the coach, who is the player. We are like, oh, if we just got two more years, what.
Speaker 1: Could have been? Who is the one?
Speaker 2: And I'll open this up a little bit more as an Oregon fan because the what if is not necessarily about transfers. I was trying to think of a high level transfer who went somewhere else and just destroyed. Like Lake Seastronk had a very good career at Baylor, didn't work out at Oregon. But I don't think Oregon fans are like, oh, if only Lake Seestronk had stuck there. Oregon fans are always gonna be wistful about Chip Kelly. But look, four years, four BCS Bowls, it made sense like he was in a huge place. He's not from the West Coast, he had this opportunity in Philly. I think Oregon fans understood that the what if is a season that got away. It's Dennis Dixon's knee that's gonna be the one that got away. Answer is Dennis Dixon's acl That's the one. And now this was an Oregon team that was besieged by injury that year as well around Dennis Dixon. You know, the receiving corps was beat up, but defense was beat up. But that's the one where he was so special in Chip Kelly's first year as a coordinator. That that acl in two thousand and seven, the very topsy turvy season. That's the one that Oregon fans are nodding along with saying, yeah, that's the one.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have always been very curious what Notre Dame would have looked like in the mid to late nineties if Randy Moss did go to South Bend.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we never got away because he was never there, but that was a what if.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he signed a letter of intent to go to to go to Notre Dame and ended up obviously at Marshall, becoming one of the all time grades in college football, going on to great things in the NFL as well. But you know, those were decent enough Notre Dame football teams that if you had a little bit more pop on offense, obviously a game breaking talent like Randy Moss is gonna take you places. It took that Marshall team places, right, That to me would have been interesting. The one that got away, I don't know. There are probably plenty of instances where you could break down injuries. You could talk about things like that that maybe.
Speaker 1: The real well on.
Speaker 3: But for me, for I maybe the curiosity at least has always been Randy Moss.
Speaker 1: What year was?
Speaker 2: What signing class?
Speaker 1: Here was that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninety five was Notre Dame around that time built to win big short of a game changing receiver if you remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they they had enough talent. I mean, I'm trying to go through my brain here, remember who they had on that team.
Speaker 1: But they had like.
Speaker 3: Their own version of a game breaking wide out in Derek Mays, who was pretty good back then. Those are I think the Sean Wooden years when he was playing defensive back. He obviously went on.
Speaker 1: To a pro career as well.
Speaker 3: Throughout the course of the late nineties, this was basically an eight to nine win team. Sure, Okay, so it wasn't It wasn't a bad team by any stretch. Now, Bob Davey took over I think in what ninety seven, and that's when came a little bit off the swivel. But for sure, having Randy Moss in that off fence would have elevated things in the passing game for sure.
Speaker 2: Let's get to a couple of non college football questions for the universe. Listening at large, and then we're gonna hammer a bunch of good college strong college football questions, and strong non college football questions for the extended Verballer verballers dot com only.
Speaker 1: Show Boom Matreon only, Okay.
Speaker 2: Boom outside of college football. Tie Joe wants to know how do you find passion and enjoy outside of college football?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What makes you the happiest? What is the most fulfilling part of your life? Will We'll leave family and friends out of this because the best of your family, the best of your friends is true for everybody. But in terms of attention, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Being out in the golf course is pretty great.
Speaker 1: Right, it's good answer, good answer, good answer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went out and the golf course is pretty great. I feel like that's a little hanging fruit, and I hate to give an uncreative answer, but let's be real. I'll say this. When I'm out on the golf course and there's nobody in front of you and you can play at your own pace, You're not looking at a five and a half hour loop, That to me is a certain paradise that I don't often get to experience.
Speaker 2: Sure, what else anything else walks with the dog.
Speaker 1: I mean, I sort of consider the dog family.
Speaker 3: That's true, fair enough, but for sure, if not, walks with the pup are pretty great, how about you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So obviously the pizza baking brings me a good amount of passion and joy. The other day I launched a pie and it was a great launch. That's the big thing that separates the amateurs from the pros launching being you gotta flower your peel, you gotta you gotta judg it, shimmey it into the oven the surface yea, and people will have you know, you get some weird amiebas and weird shapes because people don't know what they're doing all the time in terms of shaping and launching.
Speaker 1: Get a good launch. I had one the.
Speaker 2: Other day and I yelled and pumped my fist. I was like, let's go, and Jody with an I screamed from upstairs.
Speaker 1: Everything okay, what happened? What happened? Yeah? I was like, nope, I'm just yelling over the entry points.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jeez, just yelling it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, jeets, Pizza baking is a big one for me. Love tennis, look forward to tennis, been fully back into the sport, played out a ton as a kid and needed an indoor, outdoor sport to you know, workout situation with cold winters here, Tennis brings me a ton of joy. I like tennis people, I like pizza people, I like all that stuff. Otherwise, outside of family and friends and you know, I'm hanging with the kids, is great.
Speaker 1: But those are the two biggies.
Speaker 2: I'm not a big gamer. I don't watch a ton of TV. Like, I'm not super into like a mystery show right now or something like that. I like good stand up comedy and going to a couple shows coming up here in the Chicago area which I'm pretty excited about. But by the way, big recommendation is Jared Jared Carter, Jared Carmichael really good on HBO. Rothaniel is special. Those are the two biggies I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll also say with with summer coming up, Dan, yeah, and travel and travel that'sl sure, yeah.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 3: This is my last answer on this one.
Speaker 1: Then we got to move on. Please.
Speaker 3: But in the summertime, as you're out and about, friends invite you over to picnics or barbecues, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Oftentimes you will find yourself in a situation where you get unexpectedly tipsy. Sure you weren't expecting to well, drunks, little buzz, not getting crazy. Yeah, just in a good mood. You're with good people, you have a libation. Mm hmm, so much of its mood. You know this, of course, just in good spirits and it just sort of happens. Take a couple of SIPs and okay, I'm feeling I'm feeling pretty good. Is this Are you saying making out with strangers not making out with strangers?
Speaker 1: That's different.
Speaker 3: That's a different answer. But okay, when you're in those situations, you're not expecting that you're going to end up there, and it is fleeting. It never lasts. It's sort of like a solar eclipse. But those key moments in the summertime, surprise buzz, a surprise.
Speaker 2: Your answer is an answer that you have here? Yeah, I think that's what's what's your sweet spot to get the surprise buzz, It's got to be the people around you. Well, I think it's more than people around you. Honestly, you can get buzz on something that's like four percent if you've got good people around you and you're just in good spirits, you start feeling a little.
Speaker 1: Whitehead, a little tipsy.
Speaker 2: So what like is there like so two beers beer and a half like a little cocksipping on a cocktail.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know I can hold my liquor. You've been around, No, you can. Sometimes it only takes. It's just like one very weak drink and you're in good company and you're just feeling on top of the world. Does Mama hs drink poorly? What does that mean? Like she gets a little sloppy after a single glass of wine or something you could dilute a single glass of a single half glass of a very weak wine and a couple SIPs in she's like, this is really strong? What is this?
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, same g Sambo's from Mama Rubinstein. And it's like only Thanksgiving, you know, it's only like where she's stressed out and we're like, why don't you just have a drink? You know, she's running around, why don't you have a drink? And she'll have like a glass of wine or something like that, and she'll have six and a half SIPs of you know, chardonnay or something like that, and she will sit in a chair throw her hand onto her forehead and say.
Speaker 1: I'm so high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a thing. It's it's a mom's drinking thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's I don't have a Yeah, the surprise buzz is not a passion or joy for me as a I don't really drink that much, but I can appreciate the right mood. You're sitting around a fire, you know, you're hanging out at a picnic, you're doing something.
Speaker 1: You're outside. Yeah, surprise jerk.
Speaker 2: This is this is what jerk Martin is what this person labeled themselves as alternatives to ketchup, honey mustard, barbecue sauce, et cetera. For French fries.
Speaker 1: This is your music, Dan, No, no, no, Ty, you're a fry guy. I am a fry guy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you get away from ketchup family, ketchup barbecue sauce, things that are very similar to that, and you get away from honey mustard, yeah, which I don't. I don't associate honey mustard with fries.
Speaker 3: I've done the dip with honey mustard in fries.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's fine. I think it's totally tasty. I associate honey mustard more with like chicken tenders chicken nuggets. I feel like that's the natural pairing. But do you have any wild card sauces for dipping a fry? Where are we with like cheese whiz? I mean, you don't need to say we. If that's your answer, you can just stand by it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that counts, But some sort of cheese situation for the fries I think is okay, and cheese whiz is as about as close as you get to like the so like, have you.
Speaker 2: Dip the fry into like queso, like caso dip, because that's sort of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not bad, that that's dub but I don't know if it's a substitute. Yeah, I'd like to agree as a podcast that Mayo is not the answer here.
Speaker 1: Ooh, I don't know if I can stand with you there. I don't see.
Speaker 3: I'm not a Mayo guy. I'm not a Mayo guy.
Speaker 2: I So I make a burger sauce. I'm given out the recipe to listeners, happy to do it even more. And it's a Mayo bas but a lot gets added to it. There's barbecue sauce, there's lemon juice, there's seasonings. There's saracha, and so it's that you know that catch all pinkish yellow sauce. You've seen it, sure, almost like a big Max sauce, like a better verse a big Mac or in and out, you know the Burger sauce thousand islandy that with fries, I think to me, because you get the creamy and the crunchy. My other wild card would be chimmy churry like oil and herbs and.
Speaker 1: Spices together is very good. Okay, That's all I know. People like their uh.
Speaker 2: People in the comments are mentioned vinegar, salt and vinegar, you know that kind of thing with your fish and chips. They like that malted vinegar. But no, that's my answer, final question, and then we're going to go to everybody else. I suppose, yeah, our Patreon only portion of this. Colonel ag long time for baller. What is the greatest achievement you have witnessed live? He or she does not indicate sports achievement, does not indicate, you know, a physical achievement of some kind. What is the greatest achievement that you've witnessed but not taken place necessarily in a starring role. So I guess if like you were on a basketball team, it's somebody dropped eighty three points or something like. That's pretty great achievement. But what what is something you've witnessed physical or not in person?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I saw the Bush.
Speaker 3: Push and you know, I don't know if that was any great achievement per se, but it was a legendary moment in college football.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not an achievement, I don't think, not in it.
Speaker 3: I mean achievement.
Speaker 2: Like even from that game, I would say Matt Lionert hitting.
Speaker 1: Who did he hit?
Speaker 3: Was it Dwayne Jarrett?
Speaker 1: Dwayne Jarrett? Yeah?
Speaker 2: On fourth and long up the sideline down the side. Was I think more of a degree of difficulty achievement than a you know, one yard run that you were pushed into the end zone game.
Speaker 3: So that that moment obviously I saw. But in terms of it achievement, Wow, what a great question. Do you have an answer?
Speaker 1: I have a couple. I don't.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think if there's a sports one like I saw Kobe hit essentially two game winners in person. I went to a Lakers Blazers game in college and like the row of the then Rose Garden, it's called like the modus center now, and I think he hit a buzzer beater to send it to overtime, and he hit another like game winner buzzer beater. That was awesome. That was just like, especially as a Laker fan in Portland in like enemy territory, that was a great like I don't know how many you maybe scored thirty some odd points whatever, that was just like an awesome You know, I've seen game winning plays at football stadiums, I've seen all of that, but of people I know, I am first of all, I destroyed on a game show. That's my best personal achievement. I was nine years old and I also hit a game winning three pointer myself. Freshman year, my then roommate and friends down the hall decided to do the milk challenge. Oh no, the gallon of milk in an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, oh no.
Speaker 2: And I can, with honesty, with confidence say that it's the only time I've ever seen somebody drink a gallon of milk in an hour and puke up a gallon of milk at once, Like you know when you watch SNL and they do like the cartoonish like they put their hand which is connected to a tube next to their mouths and they throw up cartoonishly. Yeah, I got to see that. I got to see the most violently robust vomiting experience that I'll probably ever see. The other one, it's it's hard to say personal achievement, but it was.
Speaker 1: You know, sometimes you just.
Speaker 2: Come across somebody who's very specifically talented at something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, see, this is where I'm going with my answer.
Speaker 1: Continue.
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw as like a twelve year old or fourteen year old. This is not the most talented thing I've ever seen. It's not the best achievement I've ever seen. It's just something that came up in my mind that like sometimes you just you watch somebody do like a miracle run, like you know, so you watch a clip of like an Olympic skier, Like nobody's ever done a run this perfectly. Nobody has ever been like Simone Biles and gotten a ninety nine point ninety nine nine whatever.
Speaker 1: Like whatever.
Speaker 2: This is nowhere near that. But I saw my longtime lifelong friend Josh Hit like twelve or fourteen on a round of taboo where.
Speaker 1: He was just.
Speaker 2: In the zone. He was in the zone. I don't know if he was a spec like I don't know if the clues just perfectly aligned with his personal strengths on giving those clues in taboo. But at one point he got handcuffs. That you understand the game of taboo, right, You're given a word and you have to describe the word without using five or so keywords that are given. And it was handcuffs. And he said twin bracelets of crime. And I said, without a flippin' hesitation, I said to myself, this is a man, twelve year old in his element. Yeah, and I think a good round of taboo is like six or seven you get a minute, right, six, seven, eight or something like that. He was well into double digits, and it was just watching a man again boy do what he was meant to do.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 3: I have two answers here, okay, kind of in a similar vein. The first is my nine year old nephew who can do a Rubik's cube in about forty five seconds.
Speaker 1: It's pretty great.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you can do a Rubik's cube. I can't.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, can you have you? No? No, no, no, absolutely not.
Speaker 3: He can do it in forty five seconds. Now he's got one of the speed cubes.
Speaker 1: Because he can can do it this quickly.
Speaker 3: But you know, you see clips on YouTube of people doing it of all ages. To see it up close and personal is sort of like sorcery. Yeah, so that maybe doesn't rise to the greatest achievement ever, but I've it's amazing. The second thing is actually in the flip side of the equation. You're familiar with cornhole, you're familiar with bean bags of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, bags. Yeah.
Speaker 3: When I was in college, I was at a picnic thrown by a friend and another friend of his was playing around onto bean bags and wasn't drunk, was perfectly able bodied, and when I'm not kidding, an entire game of bean bags without even hitting the board.
Speaker 1: On the other side, that's amazing.
Speaker 3: It was almost impossible. It was a case of the yips. He was sweating because of this, and he was very embarrassed. Everybody at the party was laughing. He was trying his best to get the bean bag into the hole. He could not do it. He could not hit the board. It was the all time greatest display of yips I've ever seen in my life, up close and personal. And I just don't know how that's even possible, even the worst person at that game can find a way to hit the board. He couldn't even nick it. Incredible, that's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've I've seen so many different sporting events in person and so many athletes at the top of their games.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I've been to the Olympic Trials, I've been to the US Open. I've been to major golf tournaments. I've been to NASCAR, I've been to Football base you name it. I've seen the best of the best on big, huge stages. But man, shout out to Jared for just annihilating that milk.
Speaker 3: All right, Oh man, well, look, thank you to one in all for all of your questions. We're going to keep the party going here over adver ballers dot com. Part two of this conversation, as we advertise it, the more scandalous version m HM of our Q and A is it mors into the bruin A. You can go on out to our Patreon and find Part two of this. We had so many questions, We're going to try and get through as many of them as humanly possible. Don't forget again, hit subscribe, hit follow, hit whatever it lets you hit on your podcasting app of choice. For Ballers dot com. Finally, final mention, I Promise is where you can go for Patreon to get the bonus features and part two of this episode. So Giveaway dot Com is where you can enter to win that signed ag Brown mini helmet. And last, but certainly not least for don't forget to follow us on social media. We're all over the place. Just look for the sOliver Well, Dan agree.
Speaker 2: Thanks to everybody for listening, but let's keep this show going with even spicier questions.