Speaker 1: Of the law and order franchises. SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on.
Speaker 3: These are our stories.
Speaker 4: Done done.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to That's Messed Up n SVU podcast. It's another Tuesday. It's another episode. I'm one of your hosts, Kara Klink and I'm Liza Traeger.
Speaker 2: We're coming to you with SVU True Crime celeb guests. And at first, you know, we catch up, we should chat. Which the people I meet on the road say is their favorite part? They love it.
Speaker 3: They love it.
Speaker 1: So, hey, well how is Disney World.
Speaker 2: We're all waiting at the edge of our all got our Disneyland.
Speaker 3: We went to the Land.
Speaker 1: We went to the real crock Gator situation. The Disneys. Absolutely, that is exactly what it is. I think Land is a lot smaller, but I honestly, I only go to the one side. I only go to the regular Land, and I don't do California Adventure and Pixar World and any of that stuff.
Speaker 3: It was great. We had a wonderful time.
Speaker 1: I will say he originally was like he was so excited to go on Tiana's Bayou Adventure, which is the old Flash Mountain and is now a different like flume ride that's like you know in her and his friend from school heard we were going to Disney and gave me ponchos, like I came prepared extra clothes in case we got wet.
Speaker 3: He's like, I want to do that first.
Speaker 1: I got the fast pass thing because I was like, I'm not waiting in line with like a three year old, like a four year old.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's gonna be pissed. So we zoom ahead at Tiana's. It's the first ride we go on. When we get there, we're they're early and we but we do have to like we are like cutting in front of a lot of people, not cutting but doing the lightning thing, and when we get to the front, there's also a bunch of people behind us, and he's like, I don't want to do this ride anymore. And I'm like, well, we have to. Like we're in a cave right now. I wouldn't even know how to get out of here if we wanted to, Like, we have to go on the ride. So he's like I don't want it. When he's like whiny. I'm like, what is going on? So we go on the ride. He hates it. I'm like, he's gonna love it. Once we're on, he's gonna love it. He hates it, he gets off, he goes. I did not like that, and he wanted to go home. Was it scary or boring or crowded or hot? What was it? I don't think he liked the water, the wetness, even though it's like he was made very aware, Like we were at the La County Fair the week before and we couldn't go on the flume ride and he was so pissed. And I was like, honey, we're going on a flume ride together in a week at Disney. And he was like, gotcha. I'm also learning what flume ride is today. I mean, yeah, I know I call it a log the log, the log, the water ride, or like a wet ride, Like I didn't know there was a term for it. And ever I'm in a log heading towards water. Yeah, I feel like it's a flume. But yeah, that's I don't know, what an interesting thing that I've picked up god knows where and have been saying forever. So he hated that he was like, I want to go home. He's like, I want to go home and watch Elena of Avalore, which is like this little princess show on Disney. And I was like, no, like, we're not going home. I spent so much money on this time. And then we had a great day. The thing is he doesn't he's not scared. We went on thunder Mountain. He was the smallest kid on thunder Mountain by a mile, Like there were no little kids on thunder Mountain.
Speaker 3: He went on it. He loved it. He loves a roller coaster.
Speaker 1: There was just something about that Bayou Adventure that he was not vibing with, Like I don't know the wetness of it. I don't know what it is. But he had a great time. Dumb We did Dumbo. We did Dumbo. We did the Little story Land ride where you get to see like Minnie Arundel, mini Agroba, like all the different like miniature worlds of the Disney peep up Disney characters. And we did I mean we did so much stuff. I felt like we went on a million rides. Wow, what did you guys eat well? And what did you buy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You buy?
Speaker 1: I brought lunch for him, But I for myself had a like what they call their cheese flopover.
Speaker 3: It's like a pizza. I don't know why they call it a flopover or something like that. Wait, why'd you bring him lunch?
Speaker 1: Because he does not give a shit about eating out at all. Like he scarfed that lunch and loved every second of it. Like I just was like he because like I was like, I'm gonna have to go around and find a place that has like the chicken that he likes, and it's gonna be a fifty dollars and he's there and then he's gonna say, I hate this chicken, you know what I mean. I was just like I'm bringing his lunch and he loved it. And I bought him a treat, like I bought him a Mickey sandwich pop or whatever. And he loved that US ice cream sandwich like on a stick. And then for his gift that he was allowed to pick out, he picked out an aerial bubble wand he went with Ariel, Yeah, the bubble wand like we walked all around the store and he laid eyes on that thing and was like that's mine. And he literally wouldn't change his mind. I was like, let's look at everything, and he was like, that's what I want?
Speaker 3: So did he?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: We waited in line for the princess encounter, right like, you go to this little castle and you meet two to three princesses.
Speaker 3: We only met two.
Speaker 1: He acts like, he acts like a total shy, freaked out baby around any of these princesses that are not Elsa. But they don't tell you what princesses are going to be in there. So we were at a party once where there was a girl dressed up as Ariel and it was literally the same girl who had dressed up the year before as Elsa at a party and he loved her. Her dressed as Ariel, he was freaking out. He wouldn't go near her, he wouldn't talk to her. She kept being like, hello, my little friend, and he like would not talk to her.
Speaker 3: Hey, So is it because he only likes Elsa.
Speaker 2: He's just not intimidated by Elsa, but the rest of her too intimidating?
Speaker 3: Like what is it? I don't know what it is?
Speaker 1: He literally, if Elsa's at a party, he had Elsa paint his face, He'll go up talk to an Elsa. We were at a party where we weren't invite We were at the park and it was a party we were not invited to, and my kids were crouched behind a bush watching Elsa do her thing like little spies like they are. She He is so into Elsa and I was, And so we go into this princess encounter on the first person we see is Cinderella. He's not as familiar, but he loves beautiful princess.
Speaker 3: He shit, wouldn't speak to her.
Speaker 1: Was like in my arms, like like, wouldn't talk to her.
Speaker 3: Then the next one was snow White, same deal, No thanks.
Speaker 1: Wow. We took a little photo with snow White, but and I'll share it, but it was he was not happy. Like if it had been Elsa, he would have been like, I brought you something to bring back to Arundel, how's all love? Like he would have had a million questions and talk to her. But there's something about any other princess that's not Elsa that he's just turned off.
Speaker 2: Wow, but kid's minds, Yeah, how would you compare the adventures? Who would you do if you could only bring one kid back? Are you taking Rosie or oscar Ah.
Speaker 1: I would say I enjoyed more just going one on one with a kid than like last time. We went with like a friend and two other little girls. So it's like it's just it's just organizing more people and like, Okay, hey, does anyone have to pee? And who wants to go here for lunch and whatever? And with like with one kid, it was just a lot easier and it was pretty like the whole thing is pretty doable.
Speaker 3: It seems crazy. I am like shocked at how.
Speaker 1: How every single person is wearing merch there, like for Disney, Like.
Speaker 2: It's just that's not shocking. Disney's so popular, it's everywhere.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but it's like I was wearing a plane tank top and I was probably the only person I could see for a mile not wearing something branded, and if it wasn't branded something Disney, it was branded something else like cartoon.
Speaker 3: It was just like everybody was just.
Speaker 1: Wearing so many ears, Like it just seemed like more than last time for some reason. But also I think it's because I went at the time of a lot of grad trips. I think there were a lot of senior grad trips, a lot of matching t shirts, matching ears, you know what I mean. So it was a lot of that. I don't know why, but I just I know exactly why. We probably talked about it. Oh.
Speaker 2: I saw the meme of the snake from Robin Hood crossing his arms, and it's just so cute that a snake has arms to cross.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so I.
Speaker 2: Was like, I haven't watched that Little Fox in a while, and I watched it a couple of days ago. Boyd is it. It is the best cartoon ever. It really is so good. The animation is so cute.
Speaker 1: The little bunny is like I just forgot about how funny it is and how cuy. Yeah, it's so good. And so then of course I'm looking up his merch, you know. So I'm like, it's mister his merch. Oh my god, they definitely have something hiss that luxury lounge fly right. Oh my god, I didn't even look at there. That's such a good idea. They've got to have his stuff. I mean, but it was just on Etsy.
Speaker 2: It's like a whole It's like a set of baseball jerseys that you could put your own name on, and it's his, you know, the Madeline.
Speaker 1: What's the girl's name? The girl lady made Marian. Yes, the rooster like little John. And it's like all these jerseys and I was like, oh my god, I want to go to Disney with a group where Rob Murl's softball team. Right now, it's just like I was like, oh my god, I have to have a bachelorette party because everyone has to be wearing a Robin Hood baseball jersey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you did things I've watched.
Speaker 2: I watched The Be the Better Sister, Jessica Biel, Elizabeth Banks.
Speaker 1: Oh is that a movie or a TV show? It's five episodes, it's on Amazon. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the one of the bald guys from House of Li House of Cards, isn't it who I like?
Speaker 1: Okay, you know who I'm talking about. He was Elijah has sex with him? Yeah, oh, Corey Stole, I know exactly talking about. But there are like several bad bald guys on House of Cards. True, yes, But I was into it. I mean yeah, I was into it. I watched it all. I liked it.
Speaker 2: But it is and it's the detective woman from Gone Girl playing the exact same part.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, it's just her formula rope right.
Speaker 2: It's very thriller, very slow, and like every like ten to fifteen minutes there's a reveal or a secret or like you find the thing, and the foreshadowing is just like, I mean, within the first ten minutes, they zoom in on a pocket knife and you're like, well, we'll be seeing this pocket knife again for sure.
Speaker 1: You know. I feel like Jessica Biel's really like kind of found this niche.
Speaker 3: Now she's producing all of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just that she did The Sinner, which was like no one would cast her, I don't think. Yeah, Like The Sinner was really different for her, and then it seems like since The Sinner she's just like, yeah, I'm gonna do these, I'm gonna do these like twisty like kind of prestigie things and she I mean, yeah, I'll watch that inredible.
Speaker 2: Oh there was one actress from Orange is the New Black that I recognized to Lorraine Toussaint. Oh, and Gloria Rubin's in it, duh. And another Orange guy, Michael Hornet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There, it was good. I guess I would say it was good. Oh my god. Fredrick Weller is definitely SV hold on, let me I got a scroll.
Speaker 3: Let's see what episode, Let's see what up.
Speaker 1: So Lorraine Tusston is So she's such a scary like character on Orange's New Black.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right, she is. This guy was in tortured.
Speaker 1: Oh the girl, the boyfriend, the boyfriend in torture isn't whatever.
Speaker 3: I liked it.
Speaker 1: Wait, I was gonna ask you, have you already gone to the Marishka thing at Tribecca that you were going on?
Speaker 2: That's actually let's say, I am not going to be in town for that anymore, so you should, So people should DM me. I have one ticket for that Friday the thirteenth, which is at Carnegie Hall like sixth row with a Q and A.
Speaker 3: I have one ticket.
Speaker 2: And then the next day I have one ticket to the East Village Cinema here on second half and like eleventh or twelfth Street or something. And it's still part of the Tribecca Film Festival.
Speaker 3: But I don't so.
Speaker 2: I bet Marishka will stop in, but it doesn't seem as official as like the Godget premiere of it all. I haven't drink if someone wants to DM me, because I've asked a few sv fans that I know, But people are you know, Friday Saturday, it's tough.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, our business people are working.
Speaker 1: I was just wondering, because I've been getting all of these spoilers about it, should I bring it? I mean it's like there there's all this press about it and all this we well, the press is the press. You can mention the press that her bio dad is not her bio dad.
Speaker 3: Is that what you're like? Yes? That like the big like reveal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the huge reveal is that she literally pulls off her Olivia Benson outfit and she's wearing a sequence outfit, and she tells us that Mickey hargatea her father who we thought is her father forever. He's in the episode where the where the dick gets cut off. He's in that episode, and he's not her dad. It's really a comedian. Her dad was like a stand up comedian in like Atlantic City or like the thing I was listening to about it, because they mentioned this on this other podcast I listened to, Like was kept calling him a comedian and saying that she went like that he was doing a comedy show in Atlantic City.
Speaker 3: So I was like, I'm assuming it's stand up.
Speaker 1: I don't know what like maybe he's an improviser or a juggler, but like I'm assuming he's a stand up this man but so interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to see all of it.
Speaker 2: And like the trailer, it's very much her being like you know, I wanted to be a departure from my mom, like I didn't want to be what she was, but I also have no memories of her, and it's just her kind of finally able to dig in and like learn about her mom. And I wish I was going to be able to go, and I have a great seat, but it's also hard to get rid of one ticket. I guess people aren't as used to doing things on their own people. I know I'm not going to take off work to do that, but it's worth it. Well because I know two people that are going to be sitting in front of me at the Carnegie Hall, so you could talk to them if you take my ticket. Take my ticket. I did also see I went to see Gypsy with Azura McDonald's and I.
Speaker 1: Would say, if you can, she's done June thirtieth.
Speaker 2: But it was. I mean, I'm going to cry even thinking about it. It was one of the greatest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: Wow, it was beyond It was the best acting performance I've ever seen. And then after this like very emotional song, full standing ovation for minutes, and she's fully in character. I mean she had bodies these I've never seen anything like it, honestly, like and then the one who plays like the actress who plays her daughter's amazing. All the kid actors there's a dog, you know, but like the choreography, the singing, everything, it was like top to bottom, like the best Broadway experience I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you went to go see it too. In the midst of the whole.
Speaker 2: Well, that added to it because because I knew I wanted to see it, and then once the Tony drama started and I was like, wait, I gotta get to it. And then I was like, wait, the Tonys are happening, like post Tony's might be crazy. I gotta go, Like I gotta fucking see her, and I have to, and it makes sense this this woman has like six Tonies, so.
Speaker 3: I knew it was gonna be amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I knew people that went and were like moved, And then I have friends that are like kind of hard to move that were removed, and so that's when I knew. But I've never seen anything like And then hours later because then, of course, I mean the show's at seven, and then I of course had a twelve forty five spot at the cellar, so I was out like pretty late. And hours later someone comes up to me and goes, are you okay? I go, what They're like, it seems like you're crying, and I go, I have been crying. And hours later because every time I started talking about it to someone, I started to cry choked up. It just is like it's just someone that transcends every time in space because they are so of I've really never seen anything like it, and I've seen I go to the theater and.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what I mean, Yeah, you're seeing it, You're seeing stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've never I've never seen gypsy period, Like I never seen Sally.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the story and I kind of liked it.
Speaker 2: I knew, like I because of the zeit guys, I guess I knew a little bit or whatnot, but I didn't look into anything. I also was sitting on the aisle in orchestra and she comes out through the aisle and she was standing right next to me, so I got to, Oh my god, I like guess but also like the Orc. Electra was so good, like everyone was just it just really was stellar. And then I all just more and more content. But I also saw Sinners. I went to see Sinners.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and worth all the hyphen two thumbs up. I'm going back to see it in seventy millimeter love love love storytelling why we go to the movies, Like, It's how I felt with the Substance. I mean, this is like different and better than substance in many ways, but it's like, this is the movies. This is what movies should be, Like what the we come to this place for magic?
Speaker 3: This is what we're half. But that's how I felt.
Speaker 1: I was watching Sinners, just loving it, and you'd, honestly, it's not you should just go.
Speaker 3: I know, I know there's no blood for an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: I know my my one friend goes. I think it's not that big of a deal. You could handle it. And now it's becoming like hereditary. I have to go see it. Everyone's talking about it. I gotta go that.
Speaker 2: Also, there's just so much beauty outside of whatever scary ends up happening, Like there's scary modes, but it's definitely not a horror film in any way, Okay, And there's cool historical content context and like great acting, great visuals, sexy. There's one scene on the dance floor that I've never seen in movies ever in my life. And it was jaw dropping. And it's two hours and fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: And I had a medium diet coke and I didn't have to pee at all.
Speaker 3: What the it flew by like you you couldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I was also sitting like my arms crossed on the seat in front of me, like I really.
Speaker 3: Loved it, like I were like it forward, like really leaning in.
Speaker 1: Just such good acting and line he wrote such a the dialogue's awesome, but it really and then Michael B.
Speaker 3: Jordan like his arms are just sexy, like it is what it is. Yeah, he's really hot. But the music's so good. Oh, the music so good. Yeah, so it was it was all right, I'm gonna watch wait.
Speaker 1: Question about Audra McDonald though, does her bio in the program say SVU, because is famously the therapist at the end of season one that tries to get them all committed and gets Jeffries fired.
Speaker 2: I'll grab my my playbill and in the out in the our post mortem, all of you will find out. Yeah, but to be able to see like Beyonce, someone at the top of their game, and then Audra really like in her fucking bag like it was yeah, adible, Yeah, and just walking around the city, and even afterwards, just walking around Times Square seeing all the ads and people with other playbills, I'm like, wow, I've seen a lot of these shows. I'm like so cultured. I couldn't believe it. I felt really cool. And I hope I mean, the Tonys are this weekend. I hope Audre wins, and then I really hope Cola Scolo wins something.
Speaker 1: Everybody is making it sound like Cole's Tony is kind of in the I don't want to jinx anything, but like everyone's kind of like that's I mean, Timothy and Kylie were just there, like, let's wrap it up. They're not that they're the arbiters of but like, I don't know, it just feels like.
Speaker 2: That they're winning this Tony. But it is so weird, so who knows, you never know. I'm not familiar with.
Speaker 1: The Tony World, like how they usually vote or where they go, Yeah, what they do, because you know, Wicked lost famously to Avenue Q.
Speaker 2: But like right, or you're in town something like that. Yeah, I think it's Avenue Q. But so I don't know the culture of Tony's as much. You know, I'm more of a I'll go to the hips shows. But there was sas so like the Sunset Boulevard Theaters across the street from Gypsy and they had sassy signage it said the most nominated revival. And it's like it doesn't matter how many signs or how many nominations, none of you will ever do what Audra McDonald did on that stage, Like Nicole Scherzinger, you wish.
Speaker 3: Oh have you seen that?
Speaker 2: No, And I'm not going to she's a Trumper, Like obviously there's Trumpers everywhere and they're a part of our lives. And I work for Trumpers at times, you know, like I'm not one hundred percent, but I'm not going to some I'm not going. Yeah, I'm not going to someone's show that benefits off gay people while like actively being a Trumper.
Speaker 3: Go fuck yourself. Yeah yeah, yeah, I hear you go. But also my friend who's very theater theater.
Speaker 2: She has seen Gypsy out twice but val she's a manager at the Seller, but she loves theater. And so we were talking about this and I go, well, maybe I just have to go see Nicole just to like compare who wins or whatnot to have contact.
Speaker 3: She goes, I don't know.
Speaker 2: All the clips I've seen, it's Nicole singing at the audience, there's no acting going on, like Audra is singing so deep in character she's not even there, and she stays in full character during the standing ovations like it.
Speaker 3: It really blew my mind.
Speaker 2: So just that comment she made of like, yeah, like you can bell like Nicole can sing, but like there is this added element of this incredible actress as well.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the clip of Emily Wilson, the comedian Honey where she was on America Got Talent? Was the live show at Alesion? Oh yeah, seen it and.
Speaker 2: I posted about it, And I mean, now I'm going off about Audre. I hope my words still are valid because I love stuff so much. I was thoroughly impressed by her show. I loved Emily Wilson's show. I saw it live I thought, like her song original songs with the the video she plays and how it's organized is great.
Speaker 1: I had like a great time seeing it, but yeah, go ahead. Sorry. The only reason I bring it up is because, like you obviously know this, but for our listeners, she goes on America's Got Talent as like a fifteen year old with this guy and her name's Emily and his name's Austin and they're awesome together, like awesome, and all of the judges, including Nicole Scher singer, are basically like except actually Simon Cowell was kind of nice and the rest of them were like, we believe in Austin.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Emily.
Speaker 1: It was like so funny and like she does this amazing like comedy routine where she shows the clips to it and like I obviously just saw the clip online, but he just posted a special on YouTube.
Speaker 2: She self produced a special that she made at Bell House. So if you want to watch the whole show, it's it's on Oh it's on YouTube. Go check it out.
Speaker 1: This is an unpaid plug for Emily Wilson's one person show or comedy special. Sorry, not one person show on YouTube, but yeah, we should get started.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is what I was, we should but so but I started a fight at the cellar. There was someone that was annoying me, and so I owe, I said something bitchy and everyone heard. You know, I said something bitchy and then it kind of like I kind of shut someone up a little bit, and then he tried to get back, but I was I took out my playbill as people.
Speaker 3: Then people started arguing because I.
Speaker 2: Caused chaos, and then to me, just like put He's like, and now you're gonna read your playbill passive aggressively, go fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: He goes, He goes.
Speaker 1: They all say the same thing, stop put that playbill down, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, okay, but I was reading the playbill after I said.
Speaker 2: Something, Okay, we're starting the episode and it's all right, and one.
Speaker 3: Of my favorite guests, I would say.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is a good episode, So don't go anywhere. But you know the usual checkout that's messed up live dot com for Lisa's tour dates and you can check out our merch And I'm in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Come to fucking Atlanta, you guys. I'm in Atlanta and Charlotte next week. And you know you beg me and the tickets come on bye to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: They're avail.
Speaker 1: Let's go get them all right, let's get started, right, we're gonna be doing Delinquent Season twelve, episode twenty three, Michael Jordan okay and okay, Yeah, came out in twenty eleven. I am excited. Old school, old school. Yeah, the final, the final Maloney season. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's moments I remember of this, but overall it was like kind of exciting, and I didn't really know everything that was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen this one in a minute, so I was. I liked this one. Yeah, And Delinquent's a fun word.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to start calling people that out and about this. It's a good audience members, you fucking delinquent.
Speaker 1: Fucking delinquents, degenerate delinquents. But it's funny because when you hear when I hear delinquent, I'm always like, oh, is that which of the young psychopathic twelve year olds?
Speaker 3: Is this about? You know? Like I always think it's about.
Speaker 1: The little kids that are like sorry, sir, Like you're the one that Collaglaughlin shoots from like conscience or like even the little psycho from Juvenile like Juvenile and delinquent.
Speaker 3: Obviously, I get confused when I hear.
Speaker 2: The title, Oh yeah, ye ah, but you yeah, it's gonna be a bad detention style kid. I don't think there's an episode called detention, but maybe next year. So, but it's a rom com start to the episode. Really, it's like post date. It's a guy and girl. She's against the like she's against the wall. They're probably gonna make out, and then like a street lamp light is coming through.
Speaker 3: The windows, and.
Speaker 2: He's like, Yankees are Mets and she's Yankees.
Speaker 3: She asks what's your favorite movie?
Speaker 2: He says Casa Blanca, and I'm like, get a life, you fucking work. You haven't seen a better movie in fifty five years. What you was my brother's favorite movie when he was like sixteen. Him and his girlfriend used to watch it all the time. It's so embarrassing. I can't even believe that. I think it's a red flag. And then she's even more boring. She goes Godfather one and two and it's like, I don't know, I want to know who wrote this, but yeah, so she looks at his hand and goes, oh, no, wedding ring tanline. So they're flirting, they're holding hands. He's been divorced three years, no kids. And then when they're finally leaning into kiss, she asks political affiliation and he says Republican and that's the deal breaker. So she pushes him off and he's like, oh what why you're a Democrat. And then he does you know the famous quote of like if you're a Republican before thirty, you don't have a heart, and then if after thirty, you don't have a brain. And so she's like, well, I'm thirty four. So now he's calling her old and dumb. So this is done. He asks to use her bathroom and before he heads cross town and then we open. He opens the door and she calls him an idiot because he opens the wrong door. She's like, the other left, you fucking moron, and he's like, at least I was honest.
Speaker 3: How old is your kid? Annie?
Speaker 2: And she's confused because she's not a liar, and she opens the door and asks is like, what are you talking about? And then a young teen boy in pink silk bloomers is in her bed.
Speaker 3: Wors is so funny.
Speaker 2: They're really puffy, like they're sure that's something like a sexy look, like you can't really wear those as panties or under it's not so music shocking music plays. She gasps an amazing gasp, and we have Maloney and Bells are walking the teen and handcuffed, and she then screamed, which I guess woke this guy up. But the date brought him in the Republican and he's fourteen, and he says that he was drinking for the first time, got drunk, and he's really sorry, Okay, I don't trust you. Benson joins the chat. She wants scoop, so they fill her in. The guy's name is Hunter Masalon. He was like naked in this woman's bed with the Bloomers and he wants to explain it, and they're like, no, we need your parent present.
Speaker 3: You're a child.
Speaker 2: A night watchman did call his mom, who said let him spend the night in jail and learn a fucking lesson. And he goes, well, now you know why I was driven to drink. And so Annie runs into the precinct. She is the Democrat and she just right into the precinct center of the office, finger pointed right at him, and she screams to everyone that kid try to rape me, and he says, don't flatter yourself, lady, and she's pissed. Bellzer is holding her back and she's like, I found your bag in my closet with a bottle of whiskey. You were trying to attack me. So Benson grabs the bag and they find a ninth grade science book, duct tape, pantyhose, and a knife and he's like, you said, yeah, delinquent, smartass over confident always has a comeback, And we go into the credits and we open back up on Stabler being like, then, why were you in the closet and he wants to throw him.
Speaker 3: In a cell.
Speaker 2: Stabler hates the sky, so the kid is like, bring it, and then Stabler goes, I'm so annoyed. I have to treat you like a kid, like you should be charged with an adult. But here we go. So they go up into this other room since he can't be in a cell, and he puts them up against the wall and starts to handcuff him, and then I'm like shocked. This boy starts screaming. He's like, hey, that's not cool. Don't touch me there. I need an adult in here. Quit touching my junk. And then a uniform cop runs in, what's going on here? And Stabler tells the uni like, oh yeah, well he thinks he's fucking smart and funny. And then Stabler asks like, why would you yell that? And he goes, sorry, it was just freaked out. It's my first time being arrested. Sailor's pissed. He's not trying to grab this kids junk. He's so fucking mad, and he's like, you have enough charges against you. I don't think you need false accusations and he continue, you know, he responds again like it was a joke. It was a joke. Staylor's like, we're gonna wait for the mom. But then the uniform cops like should I stay in here? And Stabler go ask the kid, like it's up to you. I feel fine, but he should have just had someone say or like done something, but he was just like annoyed. He let the kid say it was a joke. And then the uniform cop leaves, and then who do we have? The mom runs in. It's Rita fucking Wilson. I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: Rita Wilson is the movie now. And then yeah, and the show girl, Yes, do you have any memory?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 1: And also for me weirdly just producing my big factory wedding, like I just I associate her with that movie so much. But yes, girls, I mean now and then I only watched recently with you with you, But I I'm trying to think, what else do I think of Rita Wilson from Lots of Shit? And now she's a singer. She sings up the Carlisle in New York all the time. Really yeah, but yeah, I'm like, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: She's Do you believe that her and Tom Hanks are giant pedophiles in Hollywood that are trying to escape to grease?
Speaker 1: I believe that they are drinking adrinachrome in their coffee every single morning.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, of course, I mean, are you kidding? How insane? Wait?
Speaker 1: How wild? Rita Wilson's born name is Margarita A brahmav.
Speaker 3: I braham Off. Excuse me, yeah, Margarita brahm Off. Okay, tell me more. I don't know. That's just what I'm getting on her. So where is she from?
Speaker 1: Well it's Bulgarian and Greek, Okay, I think that's why she did that. Yeah, she got Greek citizenship in twenty nineteen, and she's that's why she is like, you know, close with uh neovardalas svu alum.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 1: She's been working for such a long time. She has so many credits. Her first credit is an episode of The Brady Bunch. Woyah, Rita, she was in Hawaii five, Oh bj and the Bear. Cheech and Chong's next movie, Bosom Buddies, like all these like seventies.
Speaker 3: Whit did they meet on bodies? Maybe I did.
Speaker 1: I only just realized recently that Chet is their only kid together. I didn't know that Colin has a different mom. I just found that out recently. I mean, what are your feelings on Chet? I have no feelings towards I liked this episode of him on Z Way. Yeah, I laugh.
Speaker 2: But he's obviously, you know, a disturbed young man.
Speaker 1: I think he's also dropped the petois, which I think is a good move for him. He's not doing that anymore, so that's a good thing. But just a fool Yeah, Oh my gosh. Rita Wilson plays dancer in the movie teen, which which is one of my favorite movies of all time. Oh Sleepless in Seattle. I always remember her from as well. Yeah, she's a she's a classic. But this episode of s for you too. Yeah, but I always forget. It's not like I'm like, I only think now and then. I guess I thought she just had a different career and we would have like a lot to I thought you would have some movie that's your family.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I really kind of.
Speaker 2: From the eighties something you were gonna quote like, I really didn't anticipate.
Speaker 1: No, I sadly like, she's just kind of in my life, but there's nothing iconic to me, Like, yeah, I guess just being plus one on the red carpet. That's rude to me. She's just Tom Hanks's wife, you know what I mean. No, Like I think she's great, it's just like, you know what, she's obviously not the guests for this episode. If you're I love her, Yeah, I love her in The Chum Scrubber that's a movie she was in called The Chum Scrubber Thing.
Speaker 3: Oh it's complicated.
Speaker 1: She's in a bunch of my you know, I like those movies, those kind of later in life romances.
Speaker 2: But yeah, and we're back, so we're done with our rita Wilson kind of report. I guess we don't really care that much about her. Okay, so no, I love no one. Then okay, I can't say that movie name again. So she is no nonsense. Rita's character in this uh, and I'm not gonna learn the character's name. We will be calling her Rita Wilson throughout the entirety, and by we I mean me. Okay, so well her name, her character's name is Breeze, which is like fun a funny, like mom horn, yeah, yeah, yeah, And she has a Karen vibe. She wants us, she wants her son. She's being annoying. She goes sex crimes, What is this? Why would a child prank be here? And she thinks this is all insane. Her son couldn't have done that. And we find out that he lied about where he was and he was supposed to be working on a science project with some kid, you know. So they go to the dork's house and this dork is so cute. I really like him, and he's like, the science fair is Monday.
Speaker 3: We're screwed.
Speaker 1: It's like like that freak would have even helped you. And Munch was like, fuck your science fair. We have a crime to solve, and he's like whatever. Hunter is always high and leaves early, and the dad is like, so bad. He's like, why are you friends with a boy like that? He goes, we're not friends. We're the only two losers without a partner. They paired us up and like, I love how self aware this kid is.
Speaker 3: He knows he's a loser. He's now paired up with this maniac.
Speaker 2: His dad's a bully, and so Annie's a neighbors so they all live kind of near each other, so that they saw Annie last night and that Hunter made sexual gestures her way, and they're doing a mummy project disgusting, and they could have gotten a dead frog to Mamma Fi, but he said no and wanted a live frog, and then he killed the frog, and Finn says, drum roll, that's messed up. So he says it about just like wanting to kill a live frog, not a dead frog, and I think that's pretty like I don't know, I like it. So yeah, so this guy's associo obviously animal cruelty. And then the dad is like, why didn't you stop him? And he's like, I stopped him from killing our cat is that enough. Dad, Like, what the fuck? I can't wait till this dork gets to go to college. Yeah, I was like, he's gonna go to college, he's gonna invent a fucking app and make a billion.
Speaker 3: Dollars to be like, fuck you.
Speaker 2: Dad, Fuck this dad stopping friends with Maybe if your kid was in a dork, he wouldn't have to be with around this guy, but he doesn't have options, and that's on you. So Rita Wilson's in cement room bars and she's screaming that her son wouldn't do this, you know, classic boy mom. And she starts blaming the door because she's like, I bet it was Jake's idea, and it's like we've seen Jake.
Speaker 1: It wasn't his idea. He walks in with.
Speaker 2: Stabler and call and and so Hunter calls her Brie, and he's like, hey, Brie, and she walks up to him and gives them one of the strongest slaps I've ever seen in this show's history or in the running. This is a show about like abuse, so maybe there's more slaps, but like, this was an intense, hard slap. Yeah, an open hand, clear across the face, classic slab so big slap. They hold her and Rita's like, my mom beat me with a belt, so whatever, I guess I should have hit him more.
Speaker 1: And and he.
Speaker 2: Does say that this is the first time he's been slapped by her, that she usually just like it's verbal abuse. And then Benson goes, well, you know, because people who hit their kids have low IQ's, which amen, and she says, well, I got beat and I'm a marketing executor. And so it's like, I don't I don't know. I don't know if she misunderstood or I misunderstood what Benson was saying. I thought she said, who people who beat their kids are dumber? Or was she trying to say, like kids that are beat are dumber and that's why she's a marketing exec Or was it the point that she misunderstood it and she is a fool, So a lot of options here.
Speaker 1: I took it as Benson was like, people that hit their kids have lower IQs, and she was like, yeah, well, and her response was I got beat.
Speaker 2: I'm a marketing exec so yeah, you're right. I think it says that she's done. I think her point, yes, she's dumb. Yeah yeah. So then the sun goes you know, it's always about breath. It's always about her and her being a marketing exec. And she turns around and goes, no, it's about your father abandoning us when you were a baby. And then she lunges at him and they're like, okay, well let's see what Hunter has to say. And she's delusional about what's happening. She's like, stop punishing him. We really don't need this. What do you mean, court Da, You're crazy. I'll take I'm home. I will punish him. And they're like, no, no, he is arrested. He is under arrest. You are dumb, and he cannot leave, and she does. She goes, you're making them out and out of a molehill. And then finally she's like, well, I'm gonna hire an attorney and it's like, yeah, go do that.
Speaker 3: She's boy mom to the max.
Speaker 1: I mean, you said it, but like she's really giving such big boy mom energy. We should make like a boy mom collage for SVU, because they sure they are everywhere spreading their son's toxic bullshit.
Speaker 3: It'll be her Missus Potts.
Speaker 1: And a bunch of the other toxic fucking moms we've had.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm thinking of the one in like the teen private school and a dance he wasn't waiting to hear no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Page Turco plays a pretty aggressive boy.
Speaker 3: Mom at one point. I'm trying to think there's a lot of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, well now okay, done with boy moms.
Speaker 2: We're back with the crew. We have Belzer Finn Kragan adding with a da I don't know this woman. Her name is Sherry West the actresses Fancy Swift, and she's in five episodes, so she.
Speaker 1: Is like the one I always confused with White House, black Market, the Jillian Hardwick. Like, I just think that they're like a string of just like sort of pretty lady das that are like not good but like not hate heable enough, like Kim Gray, like where you really remember them, you know, Yeah.
Speaker 3: They're just like mediocre.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, also not a guest for this episode if you're also one of our people that are a guessing who's being on that cobody. So she can't, So she can't charge him with a sex crime. You know, they want her to, but she can't. She's like, that's that would be a thought crime, and they're like, well, what can we charge him with?
Speaker 3: Like, we need to.
Speaker 2: Get him sex defender therapy, so maybe that could be part of the plea deal, like we have to do something, and she goes, yeah, but he's fourteen and it's a first offense, and Belser is like, well, he touched a teacher's breasts in school, so it's actually not his first offense. And they're like there's gonna be future visc victims too, like we need to make sure we get him, and she's like, this isn't even my case. This is family court and Craigan goes, no, first degree burglary with deadly weapon.
Speaker 3: The cutoff is fourteen. You can charge him as an adult.
Speaker 2: So we're in court and we have Ned Eisenberg legend, rest in peace, and he wants family court.
Speaker 3: She says, felony. So you know what are we gonna do? Judge?
Speaker 2: We got a bail set at five grand, which I get. You know, he is a kid.
Speaker 3: He's just like you could tell that he's evil.
Speaker 1: So because the part of me is like, fourteen charges an adult, what the fuck? But it's like, I know you're evil, so I am for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Francy asks for an order of protection for Annie, and that is granted, and then he says that he needs a protection order because he was molested by Stabler. So then Rita Wilson's shocks. You know, he's having the time of his life. And then Francy is like, oh no. Benson's getting the news on the phone in the center office and she's like, oh geez, okay. So she runs to Stabler, who's lying and says he has to go to preschool for Eli, and it's like, in what world, in what world are you doing any preschool walk throughs, meetings, student affairs. I don't buy it for a fucking second, but sure you were going to go to the preschool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's pouring coffee and he could tell by Benson's face that she's serious about something.
Speaker 3: So she's like, well, what's going on?
Speaker 2: So we talked, you know, we're like, you're accused of molestation, and Stabler's pissed. He's like this little fucking psychopath is free, like I'm you know, Stabler's through the moon, that's not the saying through the roof up to the moon. Benson is trying to calm him down, and it's like this dumb punk and he's like, no fucking way, this has been the plan the whole time, Like, it's not a dumb punk thing. I've been set up. I didn't write it down because he said it was a joke and I kind of forgot about it. I don't know if this is something he would have forgotten about, but maybe he was just annoyed, like I don't. He's a stickler, I guess, so he wouldn't have written it down. But amateur move. But yeah, Sailor's putting on a jacket. He's obviously about to cause some problems and break some rules. He's saying he's not. He's like, I'm just gonna go to AaB and just clear this up now before they come looking for me. And the moment that he gets there, Rita Wilson and Hunter are coming down the stairs and she calls him a pervert, and then Tucker runs out and he's just like pissed Steven see Stabler, and Sailor goes, yeah, I just wanted to come involuntarily and goes, well, that's suspicious. I never sent for you, and it's like, well, if you had to send for him, you know. It's just like at this point, it's comical. Every time we talk about this man. It's the same old samle like I can't take him seriously, Like we love Tucker, but I hate him. It's so annoying. Hunter puts Hunter and Tucker what is this? And so Hunter puts on his sunglasses and pushes them on his face like trying to be a cool kid, and Sailor's trying to be chill and says it's a setup.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 2: Tucker's like, I hate you and you have a big file, and he goes, yeah, but that's for my temper and being mean to pedophiles, like I'm not going to touch kids, and you know that's a no. You know, tucker raspy voice, he brings me to the edge, honestly. Stabler goes, I protect kids, I don't touch them. Tucker's still not move Stabler smiles and Shock like are you fucking kidding? And then Sabler is like, you're an idiot, and then also calls him a moron, and Stabler goes, the door was wide open, and then Tucker goes, yeah, that's why we have a witness. So the smile goes off Stabler's face. So it's not just like listen, you know the door was open. I wouldn't have done it. I followed the rules.
Speaker 3: Leave me alone. You're a fool. This is like a kid with a plan.
Speaker 1: But now season twelve and suddenly stablers are touching kids. I don't come on, yeah, a wrap around, what are you talking about whatever?
Speaker 3: There's a witness.
Speaker 2: Nelson, the uniform cop is walking by Benson at work.
Speaker 3: She's like, what happened, dude.
Speaker 2: He's like, I told the truth and ben And goes, well, yes, so you know it didn't happen.
Speaker 3: He's like, I can only say what I heard and saw. I can't lie.
Speaker 2: And then and he's like, I saw Stabler move away from the kid after I came in the room and bun Benson's obviously going to fight for her man and h and Nelson goes, I couldn't see his hands, and Benson goes, I can't believe you're letting this kid play you, and he goes, listen, don't worry. I've been punished because I talked to AaB and now I'm as signed somewhere stupid. I don't want to work and now I have to get there, so bye. So Craigan's not talking to Benson and Stabler saying he doesn't want anybody harassing Nelson.
Speaker 3: So now we're in lawyer talk time.
Speaker 2: Ned says that his client would be down to drop the case if they drop theirs, and Francy's like, so blackmail, are you kidding me? Basically, the excuse is like, listen, it's a kid, like we got it, like first offense, let's let's let's throw this away. And she's like, well, I want this to be his last, you know what I mean, it doesn't matter if it's it's first. But he seems like he's a psychopath. And he's like, come on, don't take away this kid's childhood. And it is a really tall fourteen year old. He does not give me fourteen years old. She goes, I don't want to let a future Ted Bundy walk and Ned goes, well, a jury's not going to convict this child, and he says with the deal, at least he'll get some help. So then we cut straight to Kathy and Stabler in bed and the phone is ringing. It's super early in the morning, and Kathy answers the phone and goes, surprise, surprise, it's your office wife. And I wonder if they coined kind of the term like I've never you know, I wonder if she is Benson the original work wife.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It feels like this has been said for a long time.
Speaker 3: But yes, for sure, the original work wife.
Speaker 1: But in a way that is a lot of people don't like workwife because they're like it implies something weird. They're like, no, i'm his wife, like I am, yeah, but Kathy likes it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kathy likes it.
Speaker 1: Kathy's like so fucking secure that these two are never going to hook up.
Speaker 3: It's like kind of wild.
Speaker 1: So the day she gets blown up in that car, She's like, you two are never going to fuck but I yeah.
Speaker 3: Like some people don't like that. They really hate that.
Speaker 1: They really hate when someone goes, oh, yeah, I'm his work wife and they're.
Speaker 3: Like, nah, that is weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can't say it, but the she Kathy could say it, Benson can't say yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But Kathy's like, listen, we're taking a personal day. So then she hangs up and turns to Stable and goes Good News Live Things to off the hook for a trumped up melestation charge that you forgot to mention, and it's it's it's gonna. You know, they pled out, but I would be pissed if my partner was accused of melestation and didn't give me a heads up.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: The pleading out does not make Stabler happy. He's pissed and we're we're in court and it's allocution time. And this boy had been unlawfully entering the home. He was wasted, He had no idea what he was doing. The judge goes, stop editorializing, and then Stable runs into court, runs to Francy and goes, don't do this, stop this, like this is a freak. Rita Wilson stands up and says, we have a restraining order against that man, and it's wild. And then the judge wants Stabler escorted out and she doesn't like being interrupted. Stabler and Fann are at a bar and Stabler is like that this boy is like flying through his teeth. He has no remorse, like we cannot let him go. And I think he learned a lot about this through Kyle McLaughlin, Like I think sociopathic kids like this is his, this is his thing.
Speaker 1: Now he gets a vibe. I think he catches a vibe from kids that are like hot hit, like really cocky and like arrogant and sort of like sociopathic, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then Finn is telling a Stabler like, listen, she pled this out for you, and Silba goes, no, she did this because she's an idiot, and they keep talking trash, and she walks in and goes, okay, guys, hey, I'm not an idiot, and I actually did not do it for you. Oh She's like, listen, he's he got three years, like a three year sentence, but out of jail, like it's like a probation parole style thing. And if he does any offense that gets broken and it's automatic detention, fifty hours of community service, alcohol class and sex offender class. So you know, that's actually pretty good because if I rolled the dice and lost, there'd be nothing. At least this way, there's supervision for three years. And then Finn gets a buzz for an active crime scene, but Finn is like, you can't come, and of course Stabler comes, and then Bellser goes, well, thanks for following my instructions, you dumb bitch. And so the victim is Madeline fifty is businesswoman and her skirt is hiked up throat slit and Stabler goes it's him, And I don't know why they're jumping to this conclusion like that, but Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this kid has so far like not only she hasn't even committed a crime, he hasn't as far as they know, he has not even he was just planning to possibly attack someone.
Speaker 3: And he's a piece of shit and he's a little shit.
Speaker 2: So I don't know why they would see this body with no sharedmos or anything. And maybe it gets him for sure, but yeah, Sabler has a sixth sense about this. So they're jumping to conclusions and then and they're like, oh, I wonder if he did this because like he's pissed about the rules of his punishment or is he celebrating that like he got out of not going to jail. So Stabler and the parole officers show up and Read is annoyed because the restraining order is done, like that is part of the deal, and he's like, nope, I'm here to introduce you to mister Sawaki, your probation guy. Surprise visits are fun. It's a seven thirty curfew, so he must be home, right, So they go to knock on his bedroom door. The music's on loud, no one is answering, and then Stabler hears a noise, so he walks to the kitchen to investigate, and well, you know, there he is holding, you know, by the knife drawer, holding a knife, and they're like, well, where did you come from? And you know, he's super mister sassy pants. And they go back and forth, and he said that he was locked out of his room and he usually like uses a knife to enter it, and so the room is locked from the inside, which is strange and only a knife can open it. He also does seem fucked up and drunk, so I don't know what's going on. He says he has nothing to hide and to enter the room, and like does not care, and Sailor's looking at him, looking at him, goes, even the clothes you're wearing don't fit you, what you know, and he goes, well, you certainly know how to make a guy feel self conscious, and this kid is funny.
Speaker 3: And then samhar asks.
Speaker 2: Rita Wilson, like, are these the clothes he was wearing the last time you saw him?
Speaker 3: And are they his?
Speaker 2: And she says yes, and Sailor's like, okay, listen, this kid is clearly drinking. The clothes don't fit him. He was found in the kitchen. His room door was locked, Like what games are we playing here? Breathalyze this motherfucker. He blows a point oh nine, so he goes, oh, cough syrup, and they arrest him. They're like, a cough syrup doesn't get you a point oh nine. Rita Wilson goes, why are you obsessed with him? And it's like on day one, he's drunk and holding a knife. So we're in the office and Craigan is explaining to fit in Munch, the difference between parole and probation and how they can't just haul him away. They're doing a hearing on Friday, so we have to find out like if he did this, where did he get these clothes? Like where did he ditch the weapon? He is smart, like how did he do this? Did he get wasted out? Did he get back home? There's so much to figure out about the case. So they go to the emmy and the victim that they found, Madeline, is choked out and it wasn't a slice, like it wasn't through the cuts. Basically the cut was not strong enough to go that deep. This is actually like so fucking gruesome. This is fucked up. This is Neil Bear written all over it. So the cut was to the trachea and like part of this thyroid artery that got nicked. And then those cuts were bleeding and the blood went into the windpipe and then she choked.
Speaker 3: On her own blood.
Speaker 2: Awful, awful, And so he had her up against the dumpster. He was raping her from behind and with the straight edge to the throat that's when the cuts happened. And then that's like whatever, but no condom and they're running the DNA now, so we need to compare it to something though, And the plea deal did not include a sample.
Speaker 3: They arrested him.
Speaker 1: I don't understand why you don't fingerprint and get like swabs, Like, I don't get it. You've always fingerprint, but I don't know if you always do DNA. I think you have to get come health us. Why they do the tricks with the soda, you know. Yeah, No, you're right, you're right, and I'm for the law. Okay, So but he must have left DNA something, So we're looking. So we go back to Annie Murphy and she's like, oh the nightie, the pink thing.
Speaker 3: You know, I threw that away.
Speaker 2: But we have Judith Cipers on the scene and she starts spraying, you know, a liquid into the closet where he was hanging out, and there's a black light and there's jigs in the closet. The jiz is everywhere all over and then Annie is so innocent, she goes, ew, what was he doing in there? And it's like clearly jerking off in your closet, like you're thirty four. Belzer goes, the legal term is hanging himself. Okay, jokes. So Stablers like following him, waiting to see if like the evidence matches, like to bring him in at any moment, but also to make sure he's not attacking anyone else. So whilst he's following him, you have a hunter following a woman. So like, okay, he's gonna like catch hunter attacking this woman that he's following. But they enter the gates. They go into a church. You know, Stabler goes into the church, they exit out the door like a back door of the church. He follows them through there. He's sprinting and guess what it's aa, babe, it's aa. It's TENAA TENAA. Part of the court order. Stabler feels dumb for sure, but he's blinded with range. You know what I mean with rage, not range and range. Okay, Craigan is in the office and is pissed, like are you fucking dumb? And Cragan says, you were as dreamingly wrong. So this emmy walks in this tall string being of a man and he goes listen.
Speaker 3: While I was.
Speaker 2: Waiting for the DNA from the closet, I ran the DNA from the murder victim into codis and I got a hit on five unsold rapes in Oregon and then got the closet DNA and it's a match. So Hunter's actually a fourteen year old series rapist.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, a freshman in high school, ninth grade, full murder, rape, cross country like this is insane and kind of devious enough.
Speaker 2: To then continue like playing these games in court, unbothered, full socio.
Speaker 3: Munch is in a Fedora.
Speaker 2: They're discussing Oregon and basically he would do summers with his dad there, and so the time where Hunter was there with his dad coincides with like all these murders. But he's still cocky and creepy, and Rita Wilson is still like, why are you destroying my son's life? And she goes, is this all because of revenge? Is this revenge because of the Stabler accusation? And they're like, do you not get it? And so then they like walk to the board and it's all these women's photos and they're going through them like, you know, one was in an elevator, one was in a hiking trail, one you know, like one was in a parking garage.
Speaker 3: There's all these women.
Speaker 2: So Rita Wilson goes, are you trying to stick every crime in the country on him? And he looks just like the composite from Oregon, Like there was a dry there were witnesses, So we have this organ composite. It looks just like Hunter and that's fun. And that's when he started wearing pantyhose. So we've seen this like motherfucker grow and not grow. We've seen this motherfucker like adapt. So he uh, she says it wasn't Hunter, and they go, no, we have the DNA, like there is sperm. There is sperm. You have to stop. The sperm was all the same, like what are you doing? And then Benson comes in with a fact twenty percent of sexual assaults are committed by teens, but most of their victims are people their age, So why is Hunter going old after older women? And yeah, all the women like they were they got being like they said though all the women's ages, and I was confused while they were doing it, And now it makes sense. All the women were between the ages of thirty eight to fifty six, So why older women rita Huh, he was molested by one maybe maybe a woman around your age, and she's shocked. She goes, you're sick. I would never and then uh oh he flew out the window. So basically what happened was he was arrested in the back of a cop car. He said he wasn't feeling good, so the cop like open the window a little bit, and then Munch and Finn are like driving behind, following the car and they see him fall out the window, handcuffed this and they're like, you're an idiot to the cop, and the cop goes, I don't think he'd slide through that little hole, and it is nuts. He was like cuffed flying so whatever, so they like, see this, I just love this. So they have to go to the hospital and oh my god, he's fucking missing at the hospital too. They put him in the MRI machine, but he was uncuffed and he fucking knocked out the tech, put the tech in the gown, put him in the MRI, and ran off. The fact that they left him unattended, uncuffed in an MRI machine after he threw his body out of a moving vehicle, and now we know that he's a serial killer rapist with five victims behind him, is like, what are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: It's like a chase to find this child. He's climbed through the air vence. What Rita is now? At home, She's crying, stabler and finner with her. She's so annoying. She's like wait and then they tell her they're like, you want us to find him first, okay, because they're gonna fucking kill his ass. So he sounds fucked and he calls and he's like, are there cops there? Of course, Ria Wilson lies and says no. He's like, whatever, everyone's dumb. I tricked everyone into thinking I was paralyzed. I'm a genius. She's like, come home. He calls her, dumb. There's a lot of name calling in this episode, truly yeah, and he goes, I'm obviously not coming to the house. There's gonna be cops there. His speech is slurred. He calls her a dumb cow. Now she goes, you're drunk, and he goes, whatever, thanks for selling me out. And then he says bye to the cops. So he does know.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: And then he says, I hope it's you, stabler.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go do your job for you, you giant douche, and hangs up. So then I asked Rita Wilson, like, what is he talking about? She cries. She says, I don't know. She's left sobbing. They go find the phone where the calls were made. A homeless guy has the phone and it's actually his phone. Goes, I let the kid borrow my phone. Actually, so a real perspective shift here, and he goes, yeah, he called some guy a douche. Love that, and he goes and the deal was awesome, and I got a bottle of booze out of it, so we got like a giant bottle of booze.
Speaker 3: So let this kid borrow the phone.
Speaker 2: He's in a great mood getting wasted Craigan and Benson and Stabler are like, fuck, so it's desperate. It could be bad. He could be like suicidal. Rita Wilson now interrupts. She goes, please, don't let anything happen to him. This isn't his fault, it's mine. She says, you were right, he was molested. Benson tells her to sit down. So Hunter on the phone said to her, you should have helped him and taken care of him, and Stabler reminds her like that he was saying all that, and she goes, yeah, he was seven, and it took her months to realize that something was wrong. But then she finally got him to tell her the truth and the babysitter was molesting him, but she didn't want to press charges because she didn't want people to know. And she'd like, yeah, so this babysitter did really bad things to him and made him do stuff. And now she's fully crying and she never got him help because she just wanted him to forget about it and be normal, like you are dumb, You are a dumb Yeah, actually, now that I am on your son's side here, so he's like he also said he was going to do the job for me. Fuck does he know where this woman lives? So they go to Ellen Huffner's apartment, guns up ready. They see a liquor bottle on the ground, so they know he was here and he killed her and then took his own life. There's blood everywhere, a gruesome crime scene, and then uh oh, Hunter's actually alive. The blood all over him is from the babysitter, and now they're helping him and being super nice to him, and it's like, he did kill a bunch of people in rape, Like, I don't think we need to be nice to him.
Speaker 3: I don't actually care, and yeah, so he's crying.
Speaker 2: He says he doesn't know why he did things to other women that wasn't him, and Benson's like, well, we know why you did it, and he goes but now I can stop, and it's like, yeah, because you're gonna be in jail. But he goes confronting Ellen. You know, really helped me, and I think I feel better now. But like he asked her, why did you do this to me? And she wouldn't tell him, and so he goes, at least she won't do it to anyone else, and yeah, neither will I, he says, and he says, I'm gonna be all right, It's all gonna be okay now, and the detectives do look horrified and stickwolf baby.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I believe that killing his babysitter is just like, Okay, I'm normal now, Like I don't know that he's not going to keep going to commit crime, Like even if they were to you know, he will go to jail obviously, but even if they were like let's say they were lenient and they're like, we're gonna try him as a juvenile because he's been molested in all this stuff, Like like I don't think he would stop if he got out at eighteen, you know.
Speaker 3: No, I think he's fucked forever.
Speaker 2: But I am sure he feels a sense of euphoria or relief or something like he has a killer, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But also it's obviously the babysitter's fault, but it's the mom fault as well, Like you were just burying all this shit and then like when he started acting like a yeah, when you started acting like a full sociopath, you weren't, like, I wonder if this is linked? And then and then they called you and you were like let him rot in jail for a night. My son who got molested by a babysitter like seven years ago, Like it's crazy behavior, but it's like he's still so young. Yeah, yeah, he's seven years out from being seven. Like it's really like not that long of time, like since he's gone through this threat like horrible thing and then had time to I mean, how old was he when he did all these rapes in Oregon? Thirteen? Like it's really crazy. But let's get into the true crime. There's a bunch of crimes listed as possible stuff that this could be based on. I think a lot of them are just because the victims are young and there's not actually as much I mean not the victims, I'm sorry, the perpetrators are young and not necessarily like have as much linking. Like for example, like there's this case called the case of Dana Gibson, who was fourteen and nineteen ninety when he was charged with sexually abusing six girls ages nine to seventeen.
Speaker 3: This all took place.
Speaker 1: In the Brownsville area of Brooklyn, which is just east of Crown Heights, and he would attack victims in the hallways elevators, building rooftops. He lived in Flatbush, and he was arrested in an attack of a fifteen year old and then was charged with five other crimes when victims picked him out of lineups. He was charged with rape, soughtomy, attempted rape, and sexual abuse, and since he was charged as a youthful offender, he would be subject to lesser sentences. I could not find any sentencing information for this guy after or any inmate information. I looked up inmate lookups, and then I did find one other article that found a follow up that when he was unhoused in two thousand and four.
Speaker 3: At this point, he's twenty eight.
Speaker 1: He was arrested for trying to grab one twelve year old girl and then assaulted another twelve year old girl in this apartment building where the girls lived, and according to the New York Post, he was unhoused and had spent half his life behind bars. So I think it's safe to say that he's he's incarcerated somewhere. I just don't know why. I can't find his listing anywhere. But there's not a juvenile when he went in Maybe that, yeah, maybe, But then he's twenty eight when he got this other bust, which I would assume you would go back to jail for. So I don't know, maybe he was mentally unfit or something, and he's in a medical facility, and that's why I can't find it. The other problem is when you just google Dana Gibson, there's some other nurse or something who did something wrong. Hold on, let me just you get a lot of like a prison nurse. I think about Debbie Gibson. Yeah, you get a prison nurse named Dana Gibson who was having sexual relations with a inmate at the prison that she worked in. So yeah, classics, so very bron win, very bron win coded. So basically it's hard to find anything about Dana Gibson, this fourteen year old. But also I don't really think that it has that much to do with the actual case, besides the fact that while he's like fourteen and he's committing all these crimes, like I don't know, I didn't find anything about his background or you know, I'm sure he did not have a happy upbringing if by fourteen he was on a spree of rapes, But there was not that much information. The case I mostly focused on was the case of Cody Lajebakov, and I might be saying that wrong, but that's how I'm going to say it. And this takes us to the distant land of Canada. Cody Lajebakov was born in January of nineteen ninety and raised in Fort James in rural British Columbia. According to friends and family, he was well liked, had no red flags or violent behavior. He played hockey at a high level. He was on the high school skateboard team. I didn't have the those existed, sure, sure, but in Canada that's kind of like not really, you know, it's like literally anything. So you know, it's like having the last name Smith in Canada. So like I feel maybe they wasn't a red flag. So his parents were married, they had not no offense to anyone. Play, Yeah, like his parents were married. He's he says his parents were good to him. He had two siblings, He graduated high school. Like he's not the picture of, you know, of a criminal. Like his family even had money apparently because there the grandparents used to own a sawmill. And I guess he had like a minor criminal record, but he wasn't like really quote unquote on the radar of the local police.
Speaker 3: So now in late.
Speaker 1: November of twenty ten, it is And this is the reason why I think that this is linked to the episode more just because of the crimes, but also the timing, Like this episode came out in twenty eleven. These this guy was you know, kind of discovered by the public in twenty ten, so like it's related. And it was evening it was like nine to forty five at night when a Canadian police officer, which the RCMP the Royal Canadian Mounted Police I guess, noticed a truck speeding, driving erratically and then pulling out of a remote logging road is where they originally spotted this car. It's like a road nobody really uses, and they thought maybe this person was poaching animals. So apparently when they pulled this guy, Cody over, he had blood smeared on his face and there was a pool of blood in the truck. When they searched his car, they found a wrench covered in blood and a backpack shaped like a monkey and a wallet that had an ID card that read Lauren Leslie. So when the cops were like, what's with the bloody wrench, he goes, oh, yeah, I was poaching animals.
Speaker 3: And he goes, quote, I'm a rednick. That's what we do for fun.
Speaker 1: So there was no deer in the truck, like he said he was poaching deer or killing deer or something. And he's like, there was there were no deer in the truck. So where's where's the meat, where's the skins, where's like the product? He trace his tire tracks back down the road that they'd seen him drive out of, and they eventually found footprints in like light snow that led them to the body of Lauren Leslie, who was a fifteen year old, and the bus led them to other victims. The first victim of his was Jill Stacy's Dachenko, thirty five, mother of six, who went missing in October of two thousand and nine, was found four days later in a gravel pit.
Speaker 3: Then that was nine fall of nine.
Speaker 1: Nothing for about ten months unless there are unknown victims, which I tend to think there might be. Then Natasha Lynn Montgomery twenty three, a mother of two. She went missing in August of twenty ten. Her body has never been found, but in Lejebakov's apartment authorities found shirts, shorts, bed sheets, a comforter and an axe that had Natasha's DNA on it, so that's how they linked hit her without you know, there being a body. And then Cynthia Francis Moss, thirty five was found in a park in October of twenty ten with blunt forced trauma the head, brutal, brutal details coming up everybody, a hole in her shoulder blade, a broken jaw and cheekbone, and injuries to her neck like someone had stomped on it. So this was not like a like choke and run type of thing. This was like a violent, violent murder. And then Leslie was November of twenty ten. So again I find it hard to believe he took this long ass break between October of twenty ten and August of twenty ten. But I'm sure that you know, there's all kinds of murders in this area of Canada to against indigenous women, and I'm sure there's like other murders that just were never like linked to him. But Stachenko, Montgomery and Moss the older the grown women were sex workers, and apparently Lajebakov was addicted to coke and use these sex workers to get it. Other articles say crack, don't. I don't really know what's the truth there. Lauren Leslie was the fifteen year old She had met la Jebakov on a website called sept Next Sapoia Next Opia. I don't know what that is. But Leslie was legally blind. She had she was blind in one eye and only fifty percent vision in the other eye. And like, despite the fact that the day that they met up, the day before they met up, Leslie had sent Leajebikov a text saying we're just hanging out right, nothing sexual. He claims they had consensual sex and then went for a drive in the woods, and then he said that she had gone that she had quote unquote gone psycho and started attacking herself with a wrench and a knife, and he said he he said at the end she was dying, and he did hit her a couple of times because he said, quote I wanted to like put her out of her misery, and I did hit maximum two times and then then I left end quote. So this guy stood trial for four counts of first degree murder. He pled not guilty when he was questioned in the trial. This is where I think there's a little bit of a connection because there were sexual assault elements to all of these murders. But obviously in this episode, the kid only killed one person and this guy killed many more. But he he pled not guilty at trial, which is wild. But he also had like a very extremely flat affect, like he was just really like, no, I would never do something like that, Like he just was. He claimed to be really well adjusted, part of a normal family. But yet none of his relatives ever showed up to court. Not anybody was related to ever showed up to support him in court. So no one, no, And he was nineteen when he committed these crimes. By the way, he was nineteen, So he kept insisting, yeah, like I'm a normal guy. When the cops questioned him, he was like, no, no, my girl. I met my girlfriend. She's going to be a teacher. I'm going to become I'm going to finish my apprenticeship and work in a parts department at a car dealership. And then he says, quote kid's marriage, start a family, live happily ever after end quote. So this guy's like he's very pro like the lady doth protest too much about how normal he is, you know, And at trial he claimed to have been quoteunquot involved in three of the murders, but said he was not the one who actually committed the crimes. He said he was it was a drug dealer, and these two guys that worked for the drug dealer, but he would only call them X, Y and Z, like he didn't have names for them, or he wouldn't give the names. He claimed that in these three crimes against these old these women, that he was a butcher's assistant and that he just handed over murder weapons, cleaned up blood, moved bodies, et cetera, but he wasn't the one that actually took their lives. He tried to plead down to second degree murder. The prosecution in Canada was like, I don't think so, honey. He was convicted on all four counts on September eleventh, twenty fourteen, and he got life in prison with no possibility of pearl for twenty five years. So that would make it twenty thirty nine before he even has the possibility of pearl, and he'd be forty nine years old. I don't really think they're going to let him out as a forty nine year old, Like if he was like seventy nine maybe, but like the judge who sentenced him to prison time, I'm and over his who presided over his court was British Columbia Supreme Court Justice Glenn Parrott, who said, quote he lacks any shred of empathy or remorse. He should never be allowed to walk among us again, end quote. And he was originally in one jail and now he's in the Warkworth Institution, a medium security prison in Ontario. And people, if you google Canada's youngest serial killer, this guy's name comes up. A lot of people say he's Canada's youngest serial killer because he was nineteen when he committed these crimes. But apparently the youngest is Peter Woodcock, who was seventeen when he raped and murdered three young children in Toronto nineteen fifty seven. But he was found not guilty by reason of insanity and spent the rest of his life behind bars and still managed to kill an inmate before he died in twenty ten.
Speaker 3: This Peter Wouldcock guy. But Lejebikov still in jail.
Speaker 1: And it's just like crazy because in all of these article, all these interviews with him or what he told the police, like the police. He's like, no, I'm not that kind of person, like I would never do that. I'm not from that kind of family or whatever. And it's like he fully committed all these crimes and then just so there wasn't like the babysitter connection like in the episode, but just like a young sort of psychopath who had a taste for murder and sexual assault.
Speaker 3: And that's that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, just thinking about me at fourteen, it's not on my mind.
Speaker 3: I know we're nineteen, even I can't even like I guess nineteen.
Speaker 1: I also was not thinking of yeah, yeah, I'll be honest at my current age. Also not thinking about murder, just not thinking about it. Not not I'm not capable. I don't think I'm capable. I don't think so, but I think about it.
Speaker 3: I do think. I think I know a lot of ways to cover it up that I've gleaned.
Speaker 1: But the body tells I would only self defense, murder, self defense murder, kill a pedophile, Dexter style crimes, dexter robin hood, yes, yes, vigilante dot justice yeah yeah. Yet, but we have an allegend, we have an awesome interview, we do.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited, so don't go anywhere.
Speaker 1: Our guest today is no stranger to the Dick Wolf universe, having played Officer Kim Burgess in one hundred and fifty eight episodes of Chicago p D. She's also appeared on shows like Gossip Girl and the Americans, but you know her best as Annie Meyers, a girl who will not let a Republican get to first base and who found a little pervert name Hunter Maslin doing something weird in her closet. Please enjoy our chat with the delightful Marina Squatschotti.
Speaker 3: Yay, nice to let you.
Speaker 2: I'm also fresh from soul cycle, so so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm fresh from Yeah, I'm embarrassed to say this. Mom hip hop class? Yeah cool, don't be embarrassed. Mom's need to move.
Speaker 3: Do you learn?
Speaker 2: I'm not embarrassed, Like when do you learn like choreo for one song? Or is it like a lot of hip hop with steps or something?
Speaker 5: So this may be hard to believe, but I'm very vocal. And when everyone was like the dance structure was like what song do you guys want?
Speaker 3: And everyone's like, I don't know. I was like Missy Elliott's one minute ma'am. Yes, Oh my god, do you know that in college?
Speaker 1: I took a hip hop class that I learned sixty seconds of choreo to one minute man that I could not.
Speaker 3: Walk for three days. It was so difficult. Like I just brought up that one song.
Speaker 5: Wow, I'm so excited for like the first bar Metsca because I am going me and the moms were just gonna like casually be like and then we're like.
Speaker 3: Dun break men.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be like the movie, a nineties movie All the Moths just going hog a while.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But I was curious, what are the places you love in the city? What is yeah, like, what are you enjoying about Chicago or nothing?
Speaker 5: I don't enjoy the winter and like, you know, I'm on a show where it's you're wearing like a thin Yeah, I'm in the elements. I'm basically like Magellan of Chicago.
Speaker 3: It's pretty awful. I was a bit of a New York snob when I first came here. I was like, no, nothing comparse, you know, But I have found so many cool like.
Speaker 5: Little places to have food or have like that's sounds so dumb, but to see plays and I've just I've created a really cultural experience in Chicago, which I thought, like they only have, you know, Shakespeare in the parking lot of New York. They have all that stuff here and that's important to me, and I have a daughter and all that, like, you know, really rich cultural stuff is important to me. Like I don't even even seeing the score of Frozen at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra even nah, you know, just like all of it.
Speaker 3: I eat up life and I want and Chicago has everything. So it's been great.
Speaker 1: Well, and you went to college in Chicago, right, you did? You went to Northwestern.
Speaker 3: I went to Northwestern. I all my friends went to the East Coast, and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, I'm going to end up in the East coast the West coast, so I might as well go because.
Speaker 3: I'll never be back. And then there you are.
Speaker 5: Have you been there for like a decade, right, Yeah, I mean this is my I just got re sign so I'll be here. This is my thirteen years.
Speaker 1: Wow. That thirteenth year is tough with the universe. Yeah, it's like that's when Christopher Maloney took off and that Rollin's I mean, they're bringing her back.
Speaker 3: But Kelly giddish too.
Speaker 5: Is the twelve year I just hold own a second. I'm gonna show you something. I just texted with Kelly and I was like, because I saw like her on Instagram doing a dance with Mariushka and I go, do you see?
Speaker 3: I was like, dude, you're back, She goes, I'm back. Yes, what happens that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I still I do have one more Chicago question.
Speaker 2: We can ease into su but I we've had you know, some med.
Speaker 5: It's always important to ease into sexual victims. Yeah, yeah, you know, don't yeah, don't go too quick.
Speaker 1: Do you guys hang out or see the med and fire people? Or is it pretty all separate? Like how is the Chicago Dick Wolf universe?
Speaker 3: It is very friendly.
Speaker 5: In the beginning, it was much more like because we had a lot more crossovers. We just hung out all the time, and no one had really found their space yet, right, and so nobody really had lives yet, and so we just had more time for each other. That sounds like we're not friends. We are all friends, but we just like we were. We filmed fourteen hours a day, so this very little time. That being said, like, I've just created a new friendship with Jesse from BED. I see like randon a Paytha, we're just over at my house. Like there's just like this very little time, but we're all very good friends.
Speaker 1: A Patha that's a name, that's a law and Ordered universe name drop huge, I mean a dick Wolf universe name drop like just Y.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's all I do this whole time, drop and names, get ready to pick them up.
Speaker 3: I mean, you just had like.
Speaker 1: The godmother of the Dickwolf universe at your house, No big deal.
Speaker 3: Have you had her on this podcast? Because a Patha is a you would not expect the person that a Pitha is to come out of her. I mean, we'd love it, we'd love it. We haven't had her. Just got a potty mouth, like a real big potty mouth.
Speaker 1: This episode that you're in Delinquent SVU from like twenty twelve, I think you start out with like a hot and heavy makeout with this guy and then you find out he's a Republican and you're like, audio.
Speaker 3: Funny so good, it's crazy because.
Speaker 2: Wait, funny starts out anymore, Like I don't know, it's like fun to have a little funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And also like it just feels like Delinquent is from twenty eleven. It doesn't really feel like in twenty eleven people weren't like dating across.
Speaker 3: The aisle, like I still feel like they.
Speaker 1: Had James Carville and Mary Matt Matt whenever we were like we were like, people are you know different on my parents have friends where ones Republican and one's a Democrat, And now today it's like what, like what that would never happen? So like we always say, this show is so like it's so like ahead of its it's so prescient, like it always is like like showcasing issues that I feel like it's ahead of its time when it's doing it.
Speaker 3: So you know, that was one of them, and I loved that.
Speaker 5: I remember that there's like certain you guys like I hadn't I tough. There were certain scenes in that episode that I was like, I don't remember filming that, but I do remember when we started that the director goes like right before he goes laugh and so to me, I just hear me go.
Speaker 3: Because like we start out laughing, and to me it.
Speaker 5: Sounded like not real because he was just like laugh or whoever was the director could laugh so that's the only thing I could like focus on.
Speaker 3: I was like, ooh, I'm so fake.
Speaker 1: For me, Well anyway, crazy because we have so many people come on this podcast and we're like, sorry to make you talk about something you did like ten fifteen years ago, but you have also done two hundred and forty two episodes of a different Dick Wolf show since you did that, So like, I would absolutely like imagine that you don't remember a lot of your SVU because it's like been overlaid by other memories of your acting on Gubble, I.
Speaker 3: Had like a couple of memory. I have a couple of member let us get in there. Yeah yeah, like now when we get there, tell us no.
Speaker 5: I mean the first one was that the laughter which sounded like can laughter.
Speaker 3: To me, I was like, that wasn't I would. I wish I had come from a place of realness.
Speaker 5: And then to me, what's interesting, Oh yeah, there was a there's a part where I like barge into the districts and I'm like that.
Speaker 3: Boy trying to rate me. Yeah yeah, yeah. So I'm waiting in the background with Richard and Iced Tea.
Speaker 5: I think I think we're I think we're all waiting back there, and I think Marishka had given me a note. And you have to remember, like I'm much younger. I was coming from theater and so like to me, it's like you memorize the performance and that's what you do.
Speaker 3: You know, that's what you give.
Speaker 5: And now that I've been on a show for twelve years, I realized that's not what camera is. You have to be malleable, be ready to like accept in a different way. And she'd give me a note and I was really like embarrassed. I was really upset. And now that I'm going to show twelve years, I give notes all the time.
Speaker 3: So, like I told, she.
Speaker 5: Was totally in her right place and correct about her note, but I couldn't get out of my shame of not having done it right instead of accepting like I wasn't doing it right, and Marishka knew how to do it right.
Speaker 3: And I think Richard said something to me to.
Speaker 5: Help me because I was young and embarrassed and sort of like got me out of my funk to like do it.
Speaker 3: That's I didn't remember that I remember the note. I don't remember the note.
Speaker 5: It was probably about being too big, because that was a lot of my notes because I came from theater and I was still figuring out.
Speaker 3: At Northwestern they don't teach the camera, and.
Speaker 1: We we hear that about a lot of programs, like I hope they've switched it up.
Speaker 3: I don't know, they really haven't. I know, it really hasn't. It really haven't.
Speaker 5: And actually after this, I go to Shy Arts, which is a public high school in Chicago, to go teach a junior's camera technique. Oh oh, it's totally it's a totally different thing. And I think I was probably too big and that was a shame. I carried with me a lot like that. I'm like a clown, you know. And she probably said something about that, and I was humiliated and she's was right.
Speaker 3: So I do remember that. Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 2: You got to hang out with Iced Tea and Richard Belzer in the in the wings.
Speaker 5: Watching out with Coco. They did like a remember they did a crossover. They came and she did she have the baby? Like she had the baby, she had like a little baby, Like, Yeah, I don't know, it's.
Speaker 3: Been a lot of years with that. I get it, I get it.
Speaker 2: Wait, we just spoke with someone for the first time that mentioned going to his office in California. Like, what have been your interactions with Dick Wolf or is he just like kind of a Charlie's Angels figure in the distance. A.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, and B he has a dinner with us at the start of every year. And for some reason, I have social like anxiety and around especially on people that I'm like don't know very well, and so like I sat by him once by accident, and my cast members have thought it's really funny to like put my purse right next to him every year, like, like I think Jesse Spencer a couple of years ago did it to me too, Like I just like, I'm constantly with Dick at these dinners and we share a surf and turf so randomly. I mean, he's he's a really nice guy. He's a powerful guy. You don't want to piss him off. But he's a wonderful man. And yeah, he's like bit Charlie's Angels a bit like And every year, at the end of each dinner, can I curse on a pass?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Just adam, he says. At the end of each dinner, he goes, don't fuck it up.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. That's RuPaul's catchphrase, Is it really? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ru Paul says good luck and don't fuck it up every episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He always talks about how we have lightning in a bottle, which is true, like we have a cass gets along, we're all really hard workers, and he's always like, don't that then, don't fuck we have lightning in a bottle, don't fuck it up.
Speaker 1: Did you have like, besides going that kid trying to write me, did you have any scenes with that freaky little kid that was your I mean, I'm sure he was like a twenty five year old man playing a fourteen year old but.
Speaker 3: The guy that uh, he was a ten. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He was also wearing like pink silk pantaloons like they were like bloomers.
Speaker 3: Those were mine apparently that.
Speaker 1: Makes but those yeah, yes, we're like, I know what a costume, the pink I know it's.
Speaker 3: My cosplay of like a Bridgerton. How was it being in court? How was it?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Was it that I do not remember?
Speaker 5: I was like looking like I'm going to this class and I'm going to be teaching musical theater students how to act for Can't Run.
Speaker 3: I'm like that is a hard wheel to turn, Like it's like, can I be so cute seeing the students? I don't know, I've never been young. This is your first son? Whoa yeah, yeah, yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: All gonna they're all gonna be like god, I hope I get it, and you're gonna be like tone it like oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait I got you at seven negative yeah yeah. But but I've been there, Like I've really been there.
Speaker 5: I just remember I'm looking I was watching only me when when the show was on it I'm in the background in the court, and I'm like, am I like commoting a little too much? Like my face had had a reaction for everything that happens, and I was like, Gambrina.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. You should tell your students this too.
Speaker 1: Like we watched this show obviously so much, and then like we watch episodes over and over sometimes if we're gonna cover it for like one of our live shows or something, and we will always like notice some background person that's like background like doing so much, and you're like your background Like, but it's funny cause if you, I mean, they might not pop to you the first time you're watching it, but if you're watching episodes over and over you're like that woman is doing way too much. Or like the other day, we had like a uniformed cop on an episode who was like she just had the most perfect diction, like a full actress, and was like, the victim is at the hospital right now getting her rape kit. I was like, that's I just don't feel like that's how a New York City cop would talk.
Speaker 3: But okay, you know, I'm glad you got the game girl.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say a lot of times when we're filming, we have to do things over again because of background, background being too big.
Speaker 3: Oh so that's like a a oh, it's huge. It's a huge thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had a friend who was on SNL one time as a background and she stared into the camera the entire time. He's like, you girl, look away, what are you doing amazing?
Speaker 3: That's so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Or the gesticulation stuff like because they're not allowed to talk, right, Yeah, Like I've done it too. I think it's really hard when you're like not talking to just be like small and natural because you're like it's my moment, but it's not.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I was background one time and it's really hard.
Speaker 3: Never again.
Speaker 1: I was a stand in a step above, but I did have to do a lot of talking with a glass of like pomegranate juice at a bar.
Speaker 3: It was, you know, not for me.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna see if you have memories from your second sv episode Daydream Believer crossover, the crossover with Dallas.
Speaker 3: I literally was like I wasn't in one Dallas. Well, that was when they did the Nadia. The whole Naughtia thing was like the crossover.
Speaker 1: You know Dallas Roberts. Yeah, Dallas Robert creep, creepy creep.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 5: It's so funny that you say that, because Dallas is so lovely and that's what we had him.
Speaker 3: We also met him on a drunk night out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, al we secured him on the podcast Everybody Meets Dallas.
Speaker 3: Everybody Meets Dallas. We saw with our friends Dallas.
Speaker 1: And we were and we were like, you have to do our podcast, and he was like, yeah, no problem. But also I was like scared of him a little bit because he's such a scary. He's one of the top five scariest like killers. I feel like that they have on s view, so like it's I agree, you know, but most of the people we've talked to that are nightmares on the show are the nicest people ever, So you know, no, it was shocking.
Speaker 2: We were like, did you just bring Yates to our friends? Like we couldn't believe it.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I think he is one of those people that makes me like more in the industry because you want to be like, he's the kind of for I'm like, if I wasn't in this crazy industry and like meeting twenty people a day, I would be best friends with you. I like liked him so much, and I was like, well, never maintain this relationship.
Speaker 3: You're over there, I'm here, Like it's just like but like that's the nature of this what's so great?
Speaker 5: You have best friends who are like a week and then you then they phase out of your life and maybe you do another show with them, but it's kind of sad.
Speaker 3: It's like summer camp for adults.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's yeah, because I was wondering, like, cause you're like your journey Dick wolf Wise is like you do you do Criminal Intent and O nine, you do SVU in twenty eleven, and then three years later you were series regular on another show. So they obviously were like Annie Meyers was doing something right. Obviously whoever you were on criminal intent did not register with you or anyone else.
Speaker 5: But no, it's funny about you know, two weeks, no, maybe like two months before I got my role on Chicago PD, I had been offered a role on Chicago Fire, and I was not in a sort of place in my career where I'd ever been offered a role. I was like, oh my gosh, maybe this is where I'm building to. And I was offered it on a Friday and it was revoked up Monday. It was a three episode arc, revoked, revoked, and I fell into just despair and I was like, if I can't even get a role that I didn't audition for, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know you're you're when you're going dark. You'll take anything dark and make it darker.
Speaker 5: And I was like, if I can't even get a roll that I didn't even audition for, how am I going to make it in this industry? Like they took it away from me, they didn't even see what I could do. And then it's it really is. My one door closes, a window opens, because had I done that? I wouldn't have been able to do Kim Burgess, which is single heightedly changed my life.
Speaker 3: So it's pretty great. So, but that was a moment where I was almost on fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah you still have still you have two dozen episodes with fire.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean as my character, as my character. Yeah. Well now that you are, you know, like a series regular.
Speaker 2: When you get these guest stars in do you think about Marisha in the note?
Speaker 3: Like, are you?
Speaker 2: I do, like, I really do, what's your like, I don't know, vibe or attitude and the total hympocrit.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm a total hypocrit. I'm like, listen, you're doing it wrong. No, I'm very I'm very business forward on set. I'm nice. I'm very nice, but I'm very like, we're here to work, right.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I'll help a guest star if I feel like they really need it and it and it's just it must feel so hard to get a note from another actor, and I'm very sensitive to that, and so I do try and be like, even though I'm professional, I'm like, I love what you're doing, but like the camera isn't going to catch it right. Or sometimes they're like, especially if they're in theater and it's their first rold whatever they're they're solving and everything, and the cameras on me and I'm like, listen, I know you think you're going to have this energy in two hours when we turn around, but you're not.
Speaker 3: You're drying a light tear ducks.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like, just I promise you, just save it. You've given me all I need. Like things like that. Also, one of the hard things with guest stars is like you have a you have a couple of lines, and you've memorized it exactly how you want to do it, you know, and you need to when you're with another actor.
Speaker 3: You need to be.
Speaker 5: Loose and relaxed and ready to play. And that's hard, especially we get a lot of theater actors. It's hard. It's hard to do because you have this moment and you don't want to screw it up and it's your first time on set. So I try and play with them, or I'll sometimes I'll scream that sounds awful, But like sometimes I'll be like just totally mix it up to like give up something to react to. If they're too nervous, I'll just do the part completely differently to make to force them I'll do.
Speaker 3: I have a lot of tricks. I have a lot of tricks.
Speaker 5: And I feel like poor poor Murrish guy was in like a bad mood after one note and.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile I'm here like this is what I do with guest stars one two?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I think it's really the to reaque.
Speaker 5: I think was on your podcast to something and he was like, got a note from a Stabler and was like, they're so seasoned.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing. It's like, we really know the show.
Speaker 5: We know what they're looking for, we know how to do this, and so we help guest stars along or we secretly whisper to the director and to help the guest start law.
Speaker 1: So I'm sorry, Chicago PD is in just season thirteen has just got picked up. So are you like a Maurushka Hargatay where if this baby keeps going into like season twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight, you're there for the ride, I think.
Speaker 5: So I think I've really like filled that space and I've gotten my character to I've become a character I think that has really grown. And I think when a character changes that allows me to have longevity. And I don't know, it's been so great and such a great experience that like, I hope I'm there at the end.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Broadcast television is in.
Speaker 5: Like a weird space, so I have no idea what the future is, but I hope I'm there with it. Although I'm on a show with guns, you never know what's gonna have. Can't get too cocky.
Speaker 2: Wait, you know what I'm still suck on is having a full pair of legal day job and then running off to Broadway like.
Speaker 3: That I did during season one of Chicago b D as well. I was like, I don't know if this thing has likes.
Speaker 5: So I was a real estate pair legal and I had to put in thirty hours a week in order to keep my job in benefits because I was like it was a mid season pickup and my husband was living in New York and I was living here. I was living in a basement apartment with a married couple of my friends of mine and just sort of like paying seven hundred dollars for.
Speaker 3: A bedroom and being like, I don't know if this is going to work. I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't know, And like I you know, I lived in New York and I had a big rent and so yeah. So I kept it for a while and then I think it was Jesse Lee so Soffer who was like, you have to quit. Okay, you're in season two of a Dick Wolf show. Yeah, but wait one very riskily conservative for an actor.
Speaker 3: I'm like, really type A. So I gave me fun I'm a lot.
Speaker 1: That's good now, But when you're I was just gonna say, what did you do on Broadway?
Speaker 3: Did you do musicals or did you do plays or what was.
Speaker 5: I did a play by Casey Nicolau who did a Book of Mormon, and I played a role. It was like a it's based on a movie, and I played a role like that's sort of the dumb blonde and I had a.
Speaker 3: Whist like this.
Speaker 5: I was sort of like, I think Grasspberry is the king of the soft fruit. And the day before opening, the head of the theater comes up to me, she goes do it without the voice, and so I was like totally thrown because I had memorized my performance at that point.
Speaker 3: So I was like, I think Raspberry is the king of the soft fruit.
Speaker 5: Like not funny at all, lands with a lead balloon, like it was really hard to figure that out.
Speaker 3: As we were opening.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't the person say it during any other rehearsal, during dress Like, is this a hater? I know, but what a fucking weird thing to do on opening night.
Speaker 3: It's like a villain in a movie before opening. Yeah. Yeah, yeah it was yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It wasn't great. You know, it wasn't a great show, but it was a great experience. It was a good learning experience. And I hope to be back on Broadway because I would not like that to be my final time.
Speaker 2: No, but like, when you're on break from the show, are you ready for your downtime, family time chilling or are you like, oh, I want to book something or do a theater do what's your energy when you're off the show?
Speaker 5: Both, as you can see my audition camera light, it's right there, it's both. I want auditions. I want it, I want all the roles. And as soon as I audition, I'm like, oh my gosh, these relax.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, I'm both I want auditions and I don't want them.
Speaker 5: But I hustle. I'm still a hustler. I still I write, I do all the things.
Speaker 2: And then do people recognize you around Chicago? Are people pumps.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean in Chicago, I'm a big fish in and like in New York, nobody cares well.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like, I think in New York nobody cares at all, Like I've passed Julianne Moore on the street walking down, like nobody's doing anything, you know.
Speaker 3: And then in La it's more like I think.
Speaker 1: People are like want to bother you because they're like, well, I'm here in your Disney world of celebrity people, so can I talk to the characters?
Speaker 3: Oh it's funny, yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: In Chicago we're very big. We get recognized a lot. You know, I have to sort of I don't. I don't walk.
Speaker 5: Around stylish or with makeup on, and so sometimes it's like a little soul crushing to take a photo because I don't want to say no.
Speaker 3: But I'm also like I just came from my mom dance class.
Speaker 5: Like I don't really love to not do a selfie right this second.
Speaker 3: I was like, if you catch me right after work, I'd love to, you know, Yay. She was fun.
Speaker 1: She was like a regular person. It was so like a conda grounded.
Speaker 2: I don't know, well, I brought her up to Ted, you know, my acting coach, and he was like, I'm obsessed with her. They did like what is it Westtown? What's the Williamstown? Williamstown. They've done Williamstown together and he's known her for a long time and yeah, I was like awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also talked to this guy I know who owns a comedy venue in LA and he went to Northwestern with her and is like, I just saw her at our reunion and she's just one of those people you see her and you're like, yeah, we're gonna have fun, Like she's really He just was like, I love her, She's great.
Speaker 2: She was just down in a person and really theatery, like acting like ten hours for an audition. I've been talking about that nonstup but in a not pretentious way. Fine, cool. I don't know, it was a really invigorating interview.
Speaker 1: I would say yes, because I definitely think there's a fine line of people talking about quote unquote the craft and not and not sounding pretentious, and like she's definitely firmly on the side of not being pretentious.
Speaker 3: I agree, Yeah, that was fun.
Speaker 1: I also I do have the playbill and it does not say SVU, so dr.
Speaker 3: You're not proud.
Speaker 1: I mean it was twenty five years ago. She just does too much that's current.
Speaker 2: But she also is just you know, this is her eleventh Tony nomination, so like the theater of it all is in there. But I mean with Patti Lapone, like for five hundred people to sign a thing wanting you to not be invited to the Tonys is like I wonder how she's like feeling.
Speaker 3: Not that it matters, but.
Speaker 1: I thought her apology was like pretty well written. She was like, listen, I'm a I'm a loud mouth bitch and I know when to say sorry.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have. I should have said what I said, you know, like.
Speaker 2: She but it's because of the back lat But it wasn't because she's sorry. It's not like she listened to a black people saying like it's fucked up what you're doing.
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's an email to her publicist that goes, sure, that's fine, slap my name on it, like she didn't even write it, you know.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sure she's pissed because she has been acting like this for forever. But I think because I've been watching just a lot of black creaders talking about it, and it's just like you could have listened a long time ago, and you've gotten away with this horrible attitude, which none of us could have gotten away with Yah.
Speaker 1: For so long. But she is a legend. I've just never said that's not tr true. Of course we've seen it, but it's usually like sexual abusers, but even they get defended. I've just never seen someone like that quick overnight, like go fuck yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Patty, but yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Because the whole thing with the Hell's Kitchen where it was like too loud, they were sharing the wall and it was too loud. But then it's like, but then they fixed the music, So why would you still be talking about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely it's it's giving Boomer microaggressive energy.
Speaker 3: For sure, it totally is.
Speaker 2: But it's like I love her talking about Madonna and watch what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like talking about Trump.
Speaker 1: I like hearing her talk shit about everybody else, just not her colleagues. Yeah, not in print calling a black woman not a VET bitch, like what but I don't know, I don't know. Yeah, Well, postmortem on this episode to Rita Wilson, really not a good mom, not a good hashtag boy mom, not a good like just literally like, okay, let's cover up your molestation from your babysitter. And I'm actually gonna be extra rude and mean to you. And he turned into a little socio. But I, like I said in the at the end of the episode, I don't trust that Hunter is gonna be okay after this. I don't think killing his babysitter, Uh, shake that all out of him. Yeah, I serving life, and he'll probably honestly run something in prison. He's he's very manipulative, you know. Uh so maybe he'll have his own little crew or something.
Speaker 2: Well, or he'll learn what the real world's like when you're not pampered by your rich mommy.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. My prison.
Speaker 1: She's a marketing executive. No, no marketing executives to help you on the in the joint now.
Speaker 2: But this was a good episode for sure in terms of bad parenting. Stabler just like have a witness, why would you continue booking him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh and we didn't even like talk about Mariska at the next game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, No, that's not what I meant.
Speaker 1: But I was just gonna say, this is Maloney's penultimate episode, like this is his second to last episode, and in this episode, it's like they're in investigating him for possibly touching a kid, and he's like, are you fucking kidding me? Like I feel like it's part of the build up to him leaving, is like, really, are you kidding? Like I've been in this for so long, I've never once been like accused of touching a kid, and now this little sociopath comes in here and you guys think I touched him?
Speaker 3: Like, you know, I could see why.
Speaker 1: That's how they're building up to, like him having multiple reasons to get the fuck out of SVU, not just that our friend's girlfriend busted into the precinct and shot a lot of people dead, including Sister Peg. But you know that was definitely the straw that broke the big ass on Maloney. But yeah, an awesome episode, a chilling true crime. Should we move on to what Sister Peg do?
Speaker 3: Okay? And I knew it and I was looking it up.
Speaker 2: And the guy who the prison guard who ends up raping Penstucky? Who is her boy the boyfriend he's in Gypsy?
Speaker 3: Oh really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, James meccanamon get a better name, No, JK yeah, I was watching him. It's a smaller part, like he plays a few characters in the ensemble, but I was like, I'm like, I think I know him.
Speaker 3: He's got a really specific look. He's very squirrely looking.
Speaker 2: You know, he wasn't squirrely in this, but I'm trying to look in his because he's in SVU and it it doesn't say it.
Speaker 3: Oh he I believe.
Speaker 1: I believe he is in an episode where they beat up unhoused people, Like, I think he's in that episode where like and then that leads to something else, remember when they do like bum fights or something like that. You're right, he's in Babes. You're totally right. And yeah, he's like a red herring.
Speaker 3: He's also in townhouse incident.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, Oh my god. Oh but I gotta tell you really quick before we we like wrap up.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: I was on John Hill's radio show yesterday and is yeah, very sexy internet man who has shows on radio Andy. He's like on Andy Cohen's podcast as his like you know ed McMahon. He quizzed me on SVU stuff, but his producer made the quiz and I think she used chat GPT and they were wrong about so many things, like they go, oh, they were telling they were doing like a game that you and I have done at our shows. Is this real or is this an SVU plot? Like is I mean, is this an sv plot? Or did I make this up? And there was this one that was clearly the plot of Alternate with Cynthia Nixon and I go, that episode's called Alternate, It's Cynthia Nixon and like, I explained the whole thing, and then he goes, oh, great, really close.
Speaker 3: It's called Savant. I go, no, it's not.
Speaker 1: Savant is an episode where a girl has a special disorder where she has perfect pitch and she hears her mother getting murdered and she can identify the man who did it because she has perfect pitch and she can hear it in the next room. And he was like wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm sorry, your Chatgypt isn't correct.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, And everyone that told us that we had an ad with chat GBT we have taken care of We're a very anti AI podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, we've taken care of it, but thank you for flagging it. And if you ever find a weird ad on our podcast, definitely let us know.
Speaker 3: If it's like an ad for something that we would not support.
Speaker 2: I'm against so many things, but I am so against AI and chat GBT and this is why.
Speaker 3: And for him, you, oh no, it's savant. How dare you?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 1: It's like his producer made the quiz and I looked at her and I was just like, girl, like, this is all stuff that like, you know, you can google, like.
Speaker 3: It's not you know, but yeah, it was crazy.
Speaker 1: I caught him on like three things that were incorrect on this as for you quiz, and it was very satisfying but also reinforce the mental illness I have where I basically cataloged the plot of five hundred plus episodes of a television show.
Speaker 3: In my mind. Okay, do I remember what happened during the Renaissance?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Do I remember anything about geography? Not really? Okay, let's move into what would Sister PEG do this?
Speaker 1: This is our weekly segment where we point you towards a resource, an article, a book, a documentary, something to give you more info about what we talked about. And for this week, I wanted to point you towards this show that's called Making a Serial Killer, which I think most of you would probably just enjoy in general and specifically, Season two, episode nine covers Cody Lejebikov, the guy that I covered in the True Crime. So if you want more information about quote unquote Canada's youngest serial killer and this convicted psychopath, please check it out. And the link that I put in the show notes is to Amazon Prime, but it's also available on like two B and free V.
Speaker 3: And Peacock and stuff.
Speaker 1: So you have a lot of options making a serial killer, and that will be in our show notes and linked in our stories, which is on our Instagram that's messed Up pod and those are get saved in a highlight called WWSPD. We've just moved on to our third WWSPD highlights, so check those out.
Speaker 2: I also remembered I went to Emmy Blattak's special recording.
Speaker 3: It was incredible, Oh amazing, tackling the night away. God, I was laughing. She is funny. God, I was laughing. I was not gonna laugh. Oh.
Speaker 2: I also did a twenty six year old Indian girl's birthday party for all her cousins and friends and exes and like it was at five pm at five pan god, oh, shout out if any of them are listening JK.
Speaker 1: They would never they had no respect for us.
Speaker 2: Okay, next week's episodes, we will be doing double Man Up, Man Down, Season twenty, Episodes one and two. A Doozy, A Doozy. Thanks for watching. We're obsessed with all of you. Go basketball JK. I don't care now that and Rowlins are out. Bye guys, Bye listening.
Speaker 1: That's Messed Up as an exactly right production. If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like to cover, shoot us an email at That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Listen to That's Messed Up on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and to.
Speaker 1: Our mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: And to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork. Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgareff, Daniel Kramer and everybody at Exactly Right Media dub dun