Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Knavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings Ferry terms apply. All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 3: We missed your Monday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I miss you guys too.
Speaker 3: Do you know who Wally Pip is?
Speaker 4: I don't so.
Speaker 3: Wally Pip was the first baseman from the New York Yankees, like one hundred years ago, and then he missed a game because he got hurt, and a guy named Lou Garrey stepped in for him. So Lou Garrig then set the record for most consecutive games played in Major League Baseball history. So Wally Pip missed one game and then Lou Garrig came in and didn't miss a game for like fourteen years. So it's called getting Wally pipped.
Speaker 4: Are you saying there's a chance that I get Wally pipped by my mom?
Speaker 3: You know I'm saying there's a reason I'm telling you this. Welcome in episode twenty four of What's Right We Think Right, the podcasting and YouTube show like rate subscriber review and remember check us out every Sunday. As on Sundays, our countdown of the fifty greatest players of the last fifty years continues to come out. As we approach the top fifteen on that list, I was going to say before we can got into the show, that we Finally, for the first time in a while, have the full cast here because Demons, good to see you, my son, after being out sick on for Tuesday's show, which we record on Monday, Demanse's here and I assumed the full production staff was here. However, a little behind the scenes in folks, right as we're starting the show, I see none other than our fearless leader, the showrunner of this project, one Gabe Goodwin. How locked into episode twenty four of the What's Right We Think Great? Podcast is Gabe Well, he's arguing with Mike Florio on Twitter, So listen. If you'd like to check out that argument, which is evidently wren sting than this show, just go to at Gabe the WP that's gonna be Gabe's only mentioned on today's show. Things we're not talking about at all on today's show are the following. Not on today's show is Derek Jeter joining Twitter. Gabe, you can tweet with Jeets Will I join the New York Rangers bandwagon? I will not? And Iso Joe goes for a ring. That is what is not on today's show. We will get into what has been the best sporting event of the oh gabes here. Oh look at him. Good to see you, Gabe. When he's not out there writing Rotten Tomatoes reviews for Top Done two, he's arguing with Mike Florio about the worst Madden cover player ever. You know what, before we even getting Toda's show, let me tell you what happened. So Peyton Hillis once won a time was on the cover of Madden. I would argue, it's yeah, just go ahead and say what you think. It's one of the most obviously racist things American football fans have ever done. They're like, hey, this mediocre white running back put him on the cover of Madden over Mike Vick and Jamal Charles. But so Florial's because that Madden there's like a Madden Anniversary and so Florio is like, how did Peyton Hillis make the cover? And Gabe, because Gabe was involved with the show that made that the thing Sports Nation Kevin Wilds was involved with that show too. They did a big fan vote and Peyton Hillis won the vote because there's nothing American sportsmans like more than the overachieving, hard working, mediocre white guy. So Gabe still takes a little I think there's part of him that regrets it, like we should have rigged the vote. So Peyton Hillis wasn't on the cover of Madden, but he still takes some pride in it. So he writes back to Florio, it's not a mystery. He beat Mike Vick to win the Madden cover vote. Yeah, you tell him, Gabe, you absolutely tell him. Okay, now demands you ready to do the show. Let's do it, all right, let's do the show. What are we talking about today?
Speaker 4: Oh man? How could we not start with my Celtics?
Speaker 3: Are they really your Celtics if you weren't here to celebrate them making the fine for the first time in a decade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, it was a very unfortunate show to miss. Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you were upset.
Speaker 5: We still got the win. And I was not at the hookah bar. Oh oh clearing my name. No, Oh okay, I was here actually taking over holding down the fort. Okay, you're out in Philadelphia, you know what.
Speaker 3: And you guys are good. I'm glad the clock's starting. We'll get to the actual topic in a moment and this can just be between you and me here, Pal, I know you weren't at the hookah bar. I also know you have a hypothesis over how you heard your throat. I was threading the needle between the truth and something that was appropriate for the air that I thought would work. But now you are really laying down the gauntlet by like, oh, you lied on me. You said you weren't. I wasn't. I was at the hookah bar, I wasn't. Like no, I know you weren't, but I also know that to a better explanation than the real one. So we'll just keep it moving. But just keep in mind, whenever you're ready throw these jabs my way, I'm usually a few moves at But what are we actually discussing? Go ahead, all.
Speaker 5: Right, that's fair, Yeah, through Katie honest in the number one seed heat yep? Are you ready to finally be right about them? Or should we place another bet?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: I'm not making any more bets with you. The first one. I thought long and hard about it. You know what, Let me retract that I'm not making any more bets these playoffs about you. We're with you because there's just it's sides for me. It is so much upside for you and so much downside for me. I am unfortunately picking the Warriors in these finals. I don't necessarily even want them to win. I just I do not think demons. Enough time was spent on this show, on any show on the TV show with how close the Celtics came to the most catastrophic collapse in basketball history. You sat there next to me, silent, mouthed, gate terrified, and the look on your face after that final Celtics miss, with Jimmy Butler racing up the court, you look like you wanted to pass out. The reason I bring that up here is there's a stat going around that's accurate. I don't care that much about it, but it seems relevant. The Celtics combined have zero finals games experience. The Warriors have one hundred and twenty three. I do think there's an element of pressure here. I do think there's an element of we know how to, we know what the moments like, and I think the Warriors are better at the end of game situations, and because of the Celtics path, I think they are actually at a disadvantage. I think going seven games against Milwaukee and then seven games against Miami when the Warriors haven't really been pushed yet this playoffs, I think the Warriors are fresher. I think they're healthier. Your guy, Robert Williams. And you know what, let me give you some genuine credit. You have somehow been on Robert Williams and his importance all put season. Yeah, he has shown when he's healthy and out there, he's been a real factor. I'm not sure how healthy is at this point. For all those reasons, I like the Warriors in a long series, I don't really know who I'm rooting for. I'm happy for you, I suppose, but none of this feels good to me. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Okay? Well, you said last show that the voters o Steph of Finals MVP vote or Finals MVP.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Yeah, Draymond agrees with you and actually went on Colhard's podcast to say that Curry was the player the defenders were more worried about, not Katie. Yep, and Katie of course took to Twitter and argued as usual and said one hundred percent false.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 5: So do you think that Steph is responsible for the Warriors dynasty? Were more responsible for the Warriors dynasty than Kevin Durant?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, even if Durant in those two finals was better. So there's a lot here. I did say the voters owed Steph of Finals MVP, but not one of the two Durant got the finals MVP. Steph should have gotten is the one Lebron actually should have gotten. But somehow andre ggudalig that's the twenty fifteen to one. I believe it should have gone to Lebron. Four of the eleven voters agreed with me. But there's been one losing player win finals MVP. Ever. It was Jerry West the very first finals MVP ever given out. Since then they've given out fifty two of them. They've all gone to someone on the winning team. So if it had to be a Warrior, the twenty fifteen to one clearly should have been Steph, not Iguidala. It's ridiculous Iguidala won it. Now to the point with Draymond and Katie and Stephan, olive Kadi played better in those finals and deserved Finals MVP, but Steph was the guy the Cavs were more concerned about, and Steph was the guy. He deserves credit for setting his ego aside enough, if you will, to welcome Katie in, to not worry that Katie was going to take his glory his attention. Sep just won unanimous MVP and had just beaten Katie in a seven game series, so Steph gets credit for all that, and the fact that they're back here again speaks to Steph's value. Steph just changes the geometry of the court. You just have to guard so much more space with step out there, which creates easier driving lanes, easier looks for everybody else. I also, I don't blame Durant for getting pissed that Draymond keeps picking at this scab, and Draymond obviously exaggerated the point, and no one should undersell how good Katie was in those finals. But it also was an element of playing two K on rookie mode. There was an element of ease for everyone involved with the Warriors, most notably Durant, because he was kind of allowed to play his own game when the Warriors already had this system. So here's what I think. And we talked about this a lot on the TV show, so I don't want to get into it too heavily. Here we're doing the fifty Guards players last fifty years on the podcast, right, every single guy in the top fifteen on that list has a finals MVP except for Steph and Doctor J. Doctor J, however, won the ABA equivalent twice. Doctor J Spinhaffer's career in the ABA, then came over to the NBA won a title in the NBA with Moses. Moses won that Finals MVP. So essentially, every guy that we consider a pantheon guy that played their career post the finals MVP existing has one except for Steph, so it's not an irrelevant thing he does. I don't want to say he needs one, but it would be odd and a little awkward for him if he goes to six finals and never wins Finals MVP. And let me give the audience some gambling advice here, because I see no scenario really where the Warriors win and Steph doesn't get it right. So here's the gambling advice right now. If you want to bet the Warriors to win the title, it's around minus one fifty five, so you'd have to bet one hundred and fifty five dollars to win one hundred. If you want to bet step to win finals MVP, it's even money, so you'd bet one hundred dollars to win one hundred. If you think the Warriors are gonna win the title. Just bet Steph to win finals MVP because Clay is not gonna. I don't think Clay can have four great games. Draymond's not getting it, Pool's not getting it. I understand people were like, oh, no, one would have thought of Iguodala could have gotten it. That's true, but it also he shouldn't have gotten it. They won't make the mistake again if the Warriors win, STEP's gonna win finals MVP. All right, what's next?
Speaker 5: Okay, we're into the top fifteen of your fifty or your top fifty players in the last fifty years. Yeah, Clay, Draymond, and Tatum aren't on the list. Yeah before the final start? Would you like to admit that some of these guys should be on there? Or are You're gonna take up for Tiny Archibald?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Your issue with Tiny Archibald, especially.
Speaker 4: That I don't know him, but it's just you picking.
Speaker 3: On Tiny Archibald's unnecessary I mean, led the league in points and assist in the same year played for the Kansas City Kings, mind you, but set that aside. Tatum is Tatum's got a long ways to go before he could be on the list. Okay, Draymond, and Clay. Here's how I would look at it. Dennis Rodman's on the list. If i'd of those three guys, Draymond's the guy who is the closest to making I would have Draymond ahead of Clay. Clay missed those two years. Clay also doesn't have the individual accolades Draymond does, the defensive Player of the year's stuff. I have Dennis Rodman on the list. When Draymond's career is all said and done, if I do this again in twenty five years, especially if they win another ring, would he be on it? Probably? Yes, the seventy five of the last seventy five. Does he deserve to be on it right now? No, we were who were taking off Carmelo. Carmelo was forty nine, Bernard King was fifty, So let's just I know you don't know who Bernard King is, so let's just take off Carmelo. Are we saying Clay Draymond or Jason Tatum had better careers than Carmelo? The answers no, So no, my list is good. Everyone's mad about the Luca thing on the list, which I knew people would be, but it still bothers me either? Mad about it? All Right? What's last?
Speaker 4: Okay? So, uh, this is this is great? Got a tennis topic for you?
Speaker 3: Oh sweet?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Nadal won an epic match against Djokovic Tuesday in Paris.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if he.
Speaker 5: Wins another Grand Slam, does this cement him into the tennis goats, into being a tennis.
Speaker 3: Gas the tennis coat would be the question. He's already one of them. So this is what's really interesting. So when I was your age, there was a clear cut best ever, but he had a bit of a caveat. It was Pete Sampers. He had fourteen Grand Slams, but he never could win on clay. He dominated on grass. He he won some majors on hard You mean, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Went on went on clay, dominated on glass.
Speaker 3: On grass grass? Oh boy? This is a green jacket situation, isn't it? So do you know how the tennis majors work?
Speaker 4: Wait? I'm not aware of how the majors work or.
Speaker 3: Do you know any Okay, So they play on different surfaces. So there's four tournaments that really matter in golf, the Masters of US Open, British Open, PGA, Tennis same thing. There's four tournaments that really matter, the US Open, Wimbledon, which is in England, the French Open, which is in Paris, and the Australian Open, which is obviously in Australia. So the US Open and the Australian Open. Haven't you been to the US Open with me?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. So the US Open, Australian Open, they're on hard courts. So that's the type of tennis court you see if you're.
Speaker 5: Like walking around the like notoriety for winning on like better like grass and okay.
Speaker 3: This great, all right, so listen. So US Open, Australian Open are on hard courts. Okay, Wimbledon's on grass, and the French Open is on clay. It's on like a red clay, so the ball spins different, it comes different, it's different speeds. So what was so the point? I'm the story. More of the story was Pete Sampras, who won fourteen majors, most ever, but he never won a single French Open because he couldn't win on clay. Then Roger Federer came around. Federer has twenty majors, he forever couldn't win on clay, but then one one on clay. It's like, Ohfeeder's the greatest. Then there's this guy named rof Nadol who won has won thirteen French Opens. He's the greatest clay court tennis player ever. People are like, oh, but that's all he can do. But he also has two Australians, two Wimbledons and four US Opens, so he has twenty one majors. He's dominated on clay. It's like, oh, is he the greatest. But then there's Djokovic. Djokovic was I think some people say the most talented guy ever. He also only has one French Open because again, these guys can't win on clay because Rafa kicks their ass on clay. Man. It's it's a totally it's totally different. It's like I don't even know as grass. Well, like it's beautiful grass. It's very very short manicured grass. But then like over the course of the tournament where they stand, it starts to wear away, it changes color. It's great. Tennis is great, man. So the point is this Rafa, if he finishes it off, will now have.
Speaker 5: Twenty Maybe damn man, Maybe I should say Clay Thompson created a version.
Speaker 4: Give him to stop talking shoot tennis players probably when you talk about tennis, for the call has to matter.
Speaker 3: And then there's Djokovic, who I don't particularly like, and he's got the whole like, is even going to be allowed to play Australian Opens anymore because he in a vaccine issue there and he's won nine Australian Opens. Is this not interesting to you?
Speaker 4: No? So, yeah, I do. I think it's cool that they played on different elements. Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: You don't seem interested like this is a green jacket situation.
Speaker 4: It's definitely a green jacket Okay, all.
Speaker 3: Right, let me try to make try to explain to you why it's awesome. So I can't think of a basketball comp except if some teams arenas were outdoors on double rims and it's like, oh boy, like listen, he's great in the gym. But and and one team's arena was outdoors in a really windy environment, It's like, oh, can you handle that? So for the fact that these guys have to deal with not only totally different weather the Australian Open gets so hot sometimes, but they also have to deal with the ball bounces, goes different speeds, takes different angles, hard court. You're gonna get basically perfect conditions clay obviously, and you slide like that's yeah, you slide around. It's great. You gotta watch Fringe Open with me.
Speaker 4: Rough.
Speaker 3: If he makes the finals, this is last, gasp, might be his last tournament ever.
Speaker 4: Could be his makes the finals.
Speaker 5: So will that be at any point while the Celtics are playing in the finals.
Speaker 3: No, it' I think it's Sunday, but it would be before the game. Oh, it would be great. Oh yeah, we could have a great sports Sunday, pal, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: This would be.
Speaker 3: These matt and these tennis matches are like five and a half hours long. Yeah, no, they're great, They're so great. But the other thing is, and I know we're going long, but I I really really like tennis. We just don't talk about it because nobody cares.
Speaker 4: Like tennis more than golf. I think you do, because I do, like you only like golf with tigers.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no, I definitely do. And I definitely like them both more than baseball. I had. But I gotta tell you, when I was your age, Pete Sampras was the all time leader in majors with fourteen three guys came up after him around the same time. Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. They all now have twenty. But think about that, so the three greatest ever. Arguably we're competing against each other. So the most ever was fourteen. Now three guys all have twenty. But if one of those guys just didn't exist, then you might have two guys who have thirty, And if two of them didn't exist, one of these guys might have forty five. Like, it's unbelievable how good these three guys are. The fact that Nadal is still doing it, might win his twenty second major. It's unbelievable. All right, I think we just did eight minutes on tennis. So if you're still listening, God bless you, we'll be right back. You ever heard of Bjorn Borg.
Speaker 6: When it comes to towing, Seeing is believing. That's why Chevy Truck's advanced camera technology offers up to eight available cameras for fourteen unique views, so you can focus on the view that really matters. Chevrolet Together, let's drive. Learn more about Chevy Truck's at Chevy dot com Safety. Your driver assistance features are no substitute for the driver's responsibility to operate the vehicle in a safe manner with the vehicle Owner's Manual for important future limitations and information.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back in What's Right with the Right podcast and YouTube show like rate subscribe review, we'd greatly appreciate that. All right, that first segment, not only do I blow through the clock, I blew through the clock by like five minutes to talk about tennis. So this segment, not only will I guarantee I hit the clock, I might finish early. We had stuff to do. We got a lot going on, and to be honest, I am almost taked out for the week.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 3: Do you have no idea how many people want you on their podcast when you're the wrongest man in America about these NBA finals, these these clowns up in the Bay Area. Light Years season has me on Bomani who had me on? All these people have me on just so they can mock me. So I'm and cowards have me on. Dan Patrick's has me on. Levettard had me on all these people. So I am. I am running on fumes and I saw a few days left the TV left, So let's try to go quickly through this. All right, what are we doing playing a game?
Speaker 4: I gotcha, Yes, with time for two wrongs one right?
Speaker 3: Okay, two wrongs, one right, feet more enthusiasm. I know you're still onto the weather.
Speaker 4: I thought I might have been wrong about the game.
Speaker 3: I got you, So if you said it quietly, you'd have been less wrong. Here here's the idea. If you're wrong, you're wrong, so might as well hope you're right and just go with it. Okay, what are we doing?
Speaker 4: Sounds good?
Speaker 5: Dak Prescott says he's eager to prove people wrong this season. What quarterback will likely will finally silence their critics, Dak Russ or Lamar?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, first of all, Russ doesn't have a bunch of critics. It's just mostly me. I don't think Lamar. I think for Dak or Russ people are I'm sorry for Dak or Lamar people are mostly entrenched. And I think the only way for either of those guys to truly silence their critics is to make the Super Bowl. So my answer is Lamar, because I think the Ravens are gonna be awesome. I obviously, you know, hope and might end up picking the Chiefs to make the Super Bowl. I don't know. But the Ravens. Again, I'm the only person that seems to remember this. The Ravens were eight and three last year, the number one seed in the AFC through eleven games, despite all the injuries before Lamar went down. So I and Lamar then got hurt, their entire secondary got hurt. They lost three out of four games, and like the final minute, the Ravens are gonna be really good. The Cowboys are gonna be the same Cowboys, which is they're gonna win that crappy division and not be a real Super Bowl threat. And Russ I just don't think has critics other than me. I think everyone's like, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think people expect them to be pretty good.
Speaker 3: Of course they expect them to be good. But that's different to the question is silence their critics. I don't think he has a lot of critics. I mean, there's it's me in future, that's it. Everyone else loves Russell.
Speaker 5: Mom to but oh actually no, I don't think mom's a no no.
Speaker 3: Everybody loves Russell Wilson. And with respect to your mother, even if she was a critic, I don't know if her you know, her debut performance on the podcast. Notwithstanding, I don't know if her media profile rises to the level of Russell Wilson's. Can always the Super Bowl trope and be like, hey, take that fashion, I really proved you're wrong. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Oh? Charles Barkley says the Clippers were picked to win next year's title.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And Aaron Donald says that he's going to retire, not that he's going to that year. He okay, he says that he might retire, Yeah, which the more like they won a championship next.
Speaker 4: Year, The Lakers, the Clippers or the Rams, all.
Speaker 3: Right, the easiest one to eliminate, as much as it hurts my heart as the Lakers, I mean, I like the Darvin ham Hire, but they have to totally remake their roster. Doesn't look like they're going to. They keep claiming they might want to keep Ross, so I don't look at the Lakers.
Speaker 4: I think they're going to trade him for Kyrie.
Speaker 3: That would be amazing, but I don't think the Nets are going to do that.
Speaker 4: I think they are and the Lakers will throw in those picks that they're refusing to throw in.
Speaker 3: Oh well, for Kyrie. Obviously they would, but there are some weird Lakers reports going on. There is somebody from bleacher Report yesterday tweeted that the Lakers were, you know, trying to acquire Donovan Mitchell. Oh, yes, would include the twenty two, twenty six draft pick with respect. What the fuck are you talking about? If you're trying to acquire Donovan Mitchell, who's a flawed but very good player, It's like, listen, we'll give you Ross, and we'll give you a tail and Horton Tucker, but we're not giving up our pick the Jazz unless the Jazz like we're doing like some trading places situation where they were like trying to bankrupt the franchise, the idea that they would. There's nothing the Lakers could offer that doesn't involve the name Lebron James or Anthony Davis to where the Lakers could offer as many picks as possible, not trading Donovan Mitchell, and so the Lakers just eliminate them. The Clippers could be excellent, but at this point it's fair to say, is Kawhi Leonard as big of an injury risk as there is in the NBA? I say yes, I say I mean the guy missed the entire season, got hurt at the end of the season before was hurt throughout who seasons prior to that like, So the Clippers to me, on paper, I love tylu I like what they've done with their roster. They made a conference final first time in franchise history. They did it without Kauhi at the end of the series without Kauai but too much of an injury. So my answers the Rams, Aaron Donalds not retiring, Aaron Donalds getting a pay raise. He's gonna play at least one or two more years. He's gonna get a big raise. The Rams are not my pick to win the Super Bowl, but I think the NFC is way down. I think the Rams will be excellent again and Aaron Donald's not going anywhere. All right, what's next?
Speaker 5: Okay, who will be the finals biggest X factor? Yep, Marcus Smart, Jordan Poole or Kevon Looney.
Speaker 3: All right, my answer is Jordan Poole, but not in the direction I think people usually think of X factor.
Speaker 4: I about his.
Speaker 3: Defense, well kind of. So here's I'm gonna change the question to who will be to who could be If the Warriors lose. It's going to be because Jordan Poole is a massive negative. And it's not just on But there's two ways Jordan Poole could be the massive negative. One is he is objectively a terrible defender and.
Speaker 5: His relationship with Clay and like the offense and one and too much.
Speaker 3: Listen, if I were Steve Kerr, I go to Jordan, and I'd say, Jordan, I need your cell phone, Coach, why Like, Jordan, I need your cell phone. And I was gonna do one thing. I'm gonna go to your to your messages and now you can search messages like you're searching for a message. I'm just gonna type in one thing. What are you gonna type in, Coach, I'm gonna type in finals MVP, and I'm gonna see if you've texted anyone, your mom, your best friend, look out for me. I'm gonna win this finals MVB. That would be the worst thing that could happen to the Warriors if Jordan Poole's like, this is my time, Oh look at look for me now. So that would concern me. If I were Golden State. I think Golden State. I don't love the Jordan Pool Klay Thompson dynamic. I don't. But I think they can overcome that, and I think they can hide them on defense. But if Jordan Poole every time he comes in the game is like it's Jordan Poole time, that would worry me for them. So he's a potential X factor. All right, what's next?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: That was fair most important Finals stat Boston with zero games, the finals experience, Golden State with one hundred and twenty three games, the Finals experience, or Golden State with one week arrest.
Speaker 3: So I talked about the finals experience earlier. I do think that will matter, but I think the one week arrest is huge in my mind. I think Golden State's up one up. I would if you guys are gonna win the series, demise, I would. I I'll never change a pick mid series. If you guys win the first game, all feel terrible about my pick because I'm baking into it. Here's what I'm baking into it.
Speaker 5: If you're the Tanza being, they're going they're coming out the one week arrest, and they're at home.
Speaker 3: And exactly, and the Celtics are coming off back to back seven game series. So I look at it like this, I'm like, Okay, I believe Golden State's gonna win game one. I also think they've lost to game seven in their building to lose the title once before. I don't think they are gonna do that again. So I feel like they've won game one. If it gets to seven, they're gonna win. So that would mean Boston would have to win four out of five games two through six. Now, maybe they could do it, and Boston has won a road game seven in these playoffs, but it was against Miami and a beating up Miami team. My answer is the one week arrest. I think the one week arrest and how much less demanding the last two Warrior series were compared to the last two Celtics series. All right, what's last?
Speaker 4: Okay? Who deserves to redo their mistakes? Yeah? Nick Saban for his comments about Texas A.
Speaker 5: And m Max Strews for his alleged step out of.
Speaker 4: Bounds h huh? Or you for your really bad takes on the two finals teams.
Speaker 3: What do you mean by really bad takes on the finals teams?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Your Wiggans takes was really bad and we all know about that. I dug a little bit deeper regardless of the Celtics and the Warriors oppo research.
Speaker 4: Okay, and we've got a few tweets to show.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me see before I get the answer. Let's see.
Speaker 5: It's not a knock on Jason Tatum to acknowledge the simple fact that he's not yet ready to be the best player on a finalist.
Speaker 4: All of NBA history agrees with.
Speaker 3: Hold on a second, when was this tweet set? This one was July in twenty Yeah, well he wasn't. He wasn't ready yet. Put that tweetback on the screen. Something that has an age.
Speaker 4: Well you just just.
Speaker 3: Like wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait wait wait players twenty three and under since nineteen eighty best player on a final seat it was Durant, Lebron, Duncan, Shack and Dream. No I'm talking about for you all right, Well, I'm gonna talk about this one. First. I was correct about Jason Tatum. This is from two years years ago. He was not yet ready. But go ahead, there's five no, no, not five tweets. But you're saying two years. It's not like five years ago. It's on even like two seasons. I don't think as long as it was not this season, I wasn't Okay, let me see the next one.
Speaker 4: Okay, so this is about Curry. Yeah, let's get the graphic up there.
Speaker 5: Some of y'all knew here just now discovering the last season, I was in awe of Steph Curry. He had me in most of and mostly everyone fooled.
Speaker 3: Okay that first of all, there's this is totally lacking context. Second of all, this from six years ago, six years ago.
Speaker 4: But she said that he had people fooled, as if like he wasn't his true self and he wasn't good.
Speaker 3: I don't know that that was six years tweet back on the screen as well. Actually, I want to see something about that if we can. This is from New Year's Eve. I'm probably half in the bag. Hey, I wasn't even on TV yet, I don't think. And it's misleading of you guys to use my current avatar with these tweets. Well you should have to use the avatar from the time.
Speaker 4: That we've got to really this this last one's excellent.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me see it.
Speaker 5: If I'm Katie, I sign on one and one and one and okay, see if we won the twenty seventeen title, I stay. If we don't I go join Wiggins in cat And Minnesota and former Juggernaut.
Speaker 4: That's that one.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. Yeah, great take by me, great take by great take by me.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Wiggins is what warriors like.
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on my aunt.
Speaker 5: That was in and you also said that on July fourth, probably half wasted.
Speaker 3: Let me see that one again. Oh boy, that was July. That was July of twenty six, July third, the very next day he signed with Golden State. I was hosting for Colin when that happened. So here's first of all, Katie should have listened to this advice. He if this is, I take none of this this answer. Yeah, so hear me out. He chose to go to Golden State. It theoretically went as well as it possibly could have for him. They won two titles, he won two pounds MVPs. He left, and to this day he's arguing about it. He's still no. He clearly didn't get what he wanted. Okay, if he goes back to OKC and they win the title, he would have by definition beaten Lebron in the finals without this super team because the Calves were there. So we get to that. If they don't he goes to Minnesota, Andrew Wiggins is showing. While he was terrible as the number one option, if he's your third or fourth option, he can be good. Karl Anthony Towns maybe would be a little more mature if he had kd take, you know, as the leader on that team, and he would have gotten all the credit in the world for those teams winning a title. Yeah, he would have never had Kyrie in his life. You know what great takes. That's a great take by me. I forgot I sent that.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kadi did a really good job at coming to the nets and leading them to the finals this year. Well, no, tho those young guys, he took him under the wing. Ok No, with the help of Kyrie Irving.
Speaker 3: Right, Kyrie wouldn't have been involved. Okay, you know what You're not even I don't mean to be rude here, but this is like three dimensional chess that I'm talking about here, and it's clearly going over your head. I had forgotten that tweet. Thank you for bringing it up to answer your question. The biggest wrong there was Max Strus being out of bounds, but I'm not sure he was out of bounds. The second biggest wrong was me saying I was gonna either go short or hit the clock. Then I went long again. No no, no, we gotta go we gotta what go ahead?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, and the whole Max Thrus thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, our people were saying that, oh, if he hits the three, it changes the game.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about the butterfly effect for a second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if he hits that three, a bunch of things change, and like the Celtics probably would have done something differently because you know, it's in their minds that you know they've hit a three, it's at this point in the game, and then they probably played different.
Speaker 3: Of course that's true, but that's also why they shouldn't be allowed to overturn it six possessions later. That you are correct, it wouldn't. You can't be like, well, the Heat were down two, if you add the three from twenty minutes earlier, they'd have been up one because they would have played defense differently down the stretch if they didn't have that big of a cushion. All that's true, but it's also why the NBA all of a sudden when I've never seen it happen, because this here's what I believe would have happened. Miami would have called a time out to stop the Boston run that was going on in the third quarter, if Struce's three hadn't counted. Instead, they think they've cut it to seven. All of a sudden, it's ten. Boston's a the free throw line. Now it's twelve, and it's like almost out of hand. So I agree with you on the butterfly effect, but it cuts both ways. All right, now we really have to take a break. We'll be right back, all right, So to Mon's day, Welcome back. And by the way, what's right in the great podcast? So I had a I'm not going to tell you who a colleague, not even a podcast colleague, a TV colleague say to me they think I'm mean when I call you. They said, I call you a doofiss that I maybe had called you an idiot once on the show, and they said that they think I'm being mean. Can I, first of all, do I hurt your feelings when I do that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I mean no, Okay, So Lenela, I don't hurt your feelings? Can I? Now? Can we add them not a weekly but a monthly segment? We can maybe create it.
Speaker 4: Of like of how we've gotten to you calling me an idiot.
Speaker 3: Demnse the dufist, we could call it. And it can just be story time with Demnse. And here's our debut segment. Can we talk about, Uh you remember the jersey you tried to return one? Are you comfortable telling America that story?
Speaker 4: I was? I was young?
Speaker 3: How young?
Speaker 4: I'd like to say that I was like nineteen years old?
Speaker 3: Okay, I nineteen sounds right, so old enough to sign up to the military, you know what. I mean to do a lot of things, but relative, but he wasn't twelve. It's nineteen years old. Go ahead, go ahead?
Speaker 5: Uh so I I I feel like I just moved to New York, like like a couple months previous to that. Yeah, fire, and I first started to have like my own money. I was working at this restaurant. Yeah, and I wanted to go to this party and I had like these jerseys, but I wanted a new jersey.
Speaker 3: Wanted a new jersey. Went to go get in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I went to go get a new jersey from the NBA store in like Times Square or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, got the jersey, went home, tried it on. It was too big. I didn't like it. I liked my jerseys to fit me a certain way.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I liked sh mediums, go ahead.
Speaker 4: Sh mediums or whatever.
Speaker 5: And so I go back to the NBA store to return to Jersey to get a new one, and I'm wearing the jersey and I'm like, you know, I want to return to Jersey. I want to get a new one. And they're like, sorry, you know, like we can't, we can't take it back from you. And I was like, no, I have the receipt. It's all good, like I've got it here and I just got it. I just got it earlier today. I'd like to get a new one. And they're like, no, sorry, we can't do it. Like you're wearing this, You're literally wearing it, and like to top that, it was ninety degrees outside and I wasn't wearing like my usual sweater with the jersey over it.
Speaker 4: I'm just wearing the bear.
Speaker 3: Joe you were you're playing was to either walk out of their shirtless or exchange it. But no point down there where you're like, oh boy, I am sweating profusely in this clothing item I'm trying to return.
Speaker 4: No in another thing is at that point in my life.
Speaker 5: I was not at all used to buying my own clothes without like my mom's supervision.
Speaker 3: Of yeah, urgetting supervision for me, and like I was just like.
Speaker 5: You know, there's no way that I shouldn't be able to return this jersey. I actually asked if I could speak to the manager, and they were like, you know, like we'll go get him, but.
Speaker 3: But you're wearing the item. But you're literally wearing the item, and.
Speaker 4: I'm not one of those guys.
Speaker 5: So they went to get him, and like, once he explained it to me, I was like.
Speaker 3: I go, you make some some bois, sir. I don't think I have a future in retail. This is why your mom won't let you fill in at trinage. This is why Deano will get the call before you. That's today's show.