Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Carol Masser, a long with Tim Stent of it. Let's get to some stocks on the move today. Bloomberg News Equities reporter Avalon Prenel is in the house with us. We got to talk Nike because it's been moving in the aftermarket.
Speaker 4: Sure do. That's ticker NKE, that's dipping about two point nine percent, despite the fact that it reported fairly good results. Revenue was about a little bit above estimates, and Nike out performed in North America. That being said, the firm has yet to issue longer term guidance and that is expected today at five pm New York time on the earnings call. So that really will decide which direction Nike will be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's interesting because even though China showed improvement, but we talked with our Pudam Goyle of Bloomberg Intelligence to saying that I think the issue still in Asia in general, right and in your there were some issues. I think that she said that they've got to figure out.
Speaker 1: And it's been beat up this year. Caroll down seventeen percent so far this year going into this print, Like Avalon said, we're recording this just ahead. We're speaking just ahead of that five o'clock call, so we'll see what guidances from Elliot Hill.
Speaker 3: You know what was flying high today? What airlines?
Speaker 4: Yes, United Airlines, that's ticker UAL up eight point one percent at the close. That's after Iran's president said that the country had the necessary will to end this war but expected started requirements to be met. Unclear if that's any change in direction on their part, but considering how high jet fuel prices are, that's good news for airlines.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Listen, we were looking at the whole space, the S and P Supercomposite Airline Index. It all nine names in the index were hired today and we saw the index overall for the trade. It was up about five point seven percent for the day. So yeah, that group was definitely outperforming.
Speaker 1: Delta up six point seven percent, American up six point one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all of them. Wow, Yeah, surging right, flying high? You can did there? I do? Yeah, that's kind of la huh. All right, let's go to something in the pharmaceutical space.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have to bring a pharma stock a Pealace Pharmaceuticals that's ticker APLS closed up one and thirty five percent for its biggest intra day leap on record. That's after Biogen agreed to buy the biotech for about five point six billion dollars. The deal will help Biogen boost its kidney franchise and also expand treatments and rare diseases.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, how did I miss that one?
Speaker 1: Holy schmollies, because there was there was so much.
Speaker 3: There's a lot for me to get a ton of m and A today.
Speaker 1: I should say this this was a Bloomberg exclusive. It was from Jerry Smith and Michelle Davis. So check this one out on the Bloomberg terminal avalon reminding us Biogenic Green to buy a Palace Pharmaceuticals for five point six billion dollars.
Speaker 2: This stock mover's report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Law, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app,