Speaker 1: Hello the Internet end. Welcome to season two ninety nine, episode three.
Speaker 2: Of Daily's Eye.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was the first time I'm realizing we're about to hit season three hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, but we are famously bad at knowing when we've reached we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Do something special, Miles.
Speaker 2: Every time, it's like game, Hey man, y'all had your like ky oh.
Speaker 1: We count these seasons at the beginning of each episode, and I still I still didn't know it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyways, this is still a production of iHeart Radio, and it's still a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it is Thursday, August tenth, twenty twenty three. Good buddy Jack.
Speaker 2: You know what it is, man, It's Asian Orange Awareness Day. Okay, National Shapeware Day, It's World Lion Day, It's World National Lazy Day, National Connecticut Day, and National s'mores Day. Hell yeah, if you're into smores, I'm too. I'm not paid enough to eat more properly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like, I like, uh my s'mores. Need to have a second chocolate bar. I need chocolate on both sides.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think it's Oh wait, you're doing Graham chocoal marshmallow chocoal gram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I just I'm really in it for the chocolate. I like our guest is let it, letting me know that I'm wrong. Yeah, that's wrong, dead wrong, relaxed the tection that you're wrong, dead wrong, and then just nie me out.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: Well, my name is Jack O'Brien ak. I'm just mad about shark bites. The sharks are hungry for me. I'm just mad about shark bites. The sharks are hungry for me. They call me yum yum yellow sharks by me, they call me yum yellow. Well, that is courtesy of right to Post a little Mellow Yellow by Donovan. Donovan out here one of those people who I never never heard about growing up, but he's got got some bangers. Mellow Yellow season of the Witch of the Witch. Well, I am thrilled to be joined as always speaking of witches by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 2: Grat Miles Gray AKA, it's not cold. Yes, in California, the climbate is mild. Growing up next to.
Speaker 4: Beverly Hills, I was jealous of the woo tang. I grew a dream men about Tims and Paularcas, wonted weather and fall in hoodies galore, but California, the weather's too tang.
Speaker 2: Okay, shut up, Christy on the Discord and Twitter, whatever you heard. I like that Gallan Brothers song All the Golden California. It was a light entry point into some country music. And then you made the aka really align with my West Coast love of the East Coast and my desire to just wear bubble jackets and smoke punts in the stair well. Thank you, Thank you, Christy.
Speaker 1: We appreciate beautifully, beautifully done both of you. Miles, thank you. You are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny pop culture expert, one of our favorite first time guests back for the second time, one of your favorite first time guests. Also a restaurant expert, a restaurant food critic, apparently a s'mores expert who hosts the show Black People Love Paramore. It's a Coil Cols welcome.
Speaker 3: I'm to have you.
Speaker 2: I was just saying off Mike before, I was like, I love your Drake based restaurant reviews where you take a drake lyric and then you hunt down like the restaurant and dish or you know, you try to have the meal comparable. And I'm like I said, for people who are like, you know, there's a lot of hype restaurants that get dropped in these Drake tracks. Let's the coil. You do the exploring for you so you don't have to take a potential expensive l at a nice restaurant.
Speaker 3: So I, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: You do you tuck your napkin when you're eating there? Do you tug your napkin in your shirt?
Speaker 5: Because I really do consider tuck my nap in my shirt because I'm just momping like yeah.
Speaker 3: Boy.
Speaker 2: First, so I was like, oh, you know, you know you go to those steakhouses that have like the button slit in the napkin for like for you to p That's when I was like, oh, okay, That's when I was like, there's there are levels even the napkins. Yeah. Absolutely, yeah, Like and I was like, damn, I got in here with a T shirt and maybe I'll have a little bit of a button I can.
Speaker 3: Next time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you so what kind of It's only Drake based.
Speaker 5: Thus far, but take a lyric, go to the restaurant, the Drake name drops and great his taste so far, he has decent taste, you know, but I don't expand other rappers also, do you know restaurants stuff?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly like ghost Face will say a lot of food rhymes, but they're really not attached in a coherent way to a restaurant because it'll be like, you know, Linguini off the boot sole and you're like, huh, where's that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned the cheesecake factory. One of I think the greatest thing American culture has has yet created is cheesecake factory.
Speaker 2: Hip Hop. You go cheesecake factory, Jazz hip hop, Jazz.
Speaker 1: Hip hop, cheesecake Factory top tier. There's tears.
Speaker 2: Oh so jazz hip hop cheesecake Factory are in that top tiers.
Speaker 1: The first three things. I'm pretty sure Ken Burns has a documentary that Ken Burns Cheesecake Factory documentary. But that's where I wanted to go for my birth I recently had a birthday. I wanted to go there, but it didn't work out because we were also seeing Oppenheimer, so I saw I went to a local place, the California Pizza Kitchen. Oh yeah, the Californians La people will know all about that. It's a little local haunt.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: We had one of the best dining experiences I can remember.
Speaker 2: It was so good. Wait what about R? What about CPK R h CPK? What happened? What?
Speaker 1: Oh it was? I just had I have my standard tie peanut chicken thie chicken peanuts pizza. They also have like a bacon avocado egg roll that is so like cake factory a cheesecake factory too. Yeah, I'm sure it's like copy. I think Chili's also has one that's very similar.
Speaker 2: They call them like Southwest egg rolls or something.
Speaker 1: And you're like, Fine's I kept the diet Cokes coming, you know, it's just right under it. Chin Restaurants truly.
Speaker 2: What's what's your favorite chain restaurant?
Speaker 3: I love.
Speaker 2: You go next. It sounded like when I when when Her Majesty told me she never saw a city of God or kill bill.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's anything for the pazuki. If you want to have a perfect Burbank day, you know, spend some time at I get lunch at Ikea and then and maybe catch a movie if you'd look, if you're feeling spicy, hit the islands. If you're but if not go to b Jas. Yes, the good times are rolling.
Speaker 3: Speaking of my childhood, that was exactly like.
Speaker 2: I know you're from l A, Okay, yeah yeah, but you know you gotta have those balance of things. Those are like the goaded chain places for me, for sure. That's Islands Forever, Islands Forever. That is one that I know. I don't think it's that national Islands.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's that you gotta get the little Calivirin Islands get the shake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, the yaki, the chicken tacos is what I was, not the burger. Not a big burger guy when I go there, you know meither no, no, exactly, gotta have those, gotta have the gotta have cheese fries, gotta have my grilled chicken tacos. But I take the pineapple out anyway. That's my order and that there you go.
Speaker 1: They think they're a burger spot, but they're like that, that's not what people actually go there.
Speaker 2: For now.
Speaker 1: I've never heard anyone be like, you gotta have the burger at Islands. But there's like a number of items that people really swear by. Oh yeah, they have like some mixed drink that is like supposed to be really good there.
Speaker 3: Their drinks are really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And and those nonstops videos on Loop.
Speaker 3: Okay, what's that?
Speaker 2: Ignore me I just said. And those NonStop like nineties surf videos they just have on Loop by his oldest But yeah, go ahead put it on Loop.
Speaker 1: All right, Zekoya, We are going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're going to tell our listeners a little bit of the news that we might be getting to a little bit later on Trump Rico. He's he's certainly given us the squirmy discomforts that suggests that something, something big might be coming down. Oh yeah, we mentioned on a Trending episode on Tuesday that there was something up for vote in Ohio that was basically a transparently craven attempt by the Ohio Republicans to subvert democratic norms in favor of, you know, controlling bodies and reproductive rights, and it failed spectacularly. Just they are having a time, aren't they. Yeah, Yeah, so well they're er for seven on these state wide attempts to fuck with people's access to healthcare. Yeah, we're gonna be talking about the doc brawl, folks, folks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, long may last, lift every voice and swing and.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 2: It's never ends. And now there's like more a little more texture to it now that there's like more police reports coming out too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all of that plenty more. But first of COYL, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 5: Okay, something from my search history that is a mainstay in my search history that I love. I use this meme often and it remains. There's doctor Umar.
Speaker 3: Meme or a video where he is giving some presentation in front of a group. I don't even know the context the end of it.
Speaker 5: He's talking about how he's not gonna be able to therapyze every every like troubled young black man on the corner, and he says some of them don't have to go.
Speaker 3: To sleep, poor god.
Speaker 5: And literally every single time my friends say something to what are they hate somebody or something?
Speaker 3: I dropped that this what's a mainstay in such history is.
Speaker 2: That that's the one where he's like pointing like.
Speaker 3: He's making a presentation. He has a deck up right, It's so funny. The man is so funny, Doctor Umar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the man who keeps giving I mean I wonder. I feel like really the whole Laser Eyes ship really kicked off with Umar too, like the doctor Umar giving laser eyes right, or like at least in the beginning when there's like him at the breakfast club with a coofie on and his like eyes like me, yeah, and that's when he got there like oh like cyclops hotep detected like laser blast incoming. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He always says some foolishness, but he's funny while saying.
Speaker 1: Often, Oh man, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Did I say Taylor shift last time?
Speaker 2: It's an extra relevant now if you have or no, I think you had something. It was kind of interested.
Speaker 3: Cheese or cereal. I think it was.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it was the way you eat cereal. Okay, but are you milk first? Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the conclusion. We can't.
Speaker 3: That's overrated. It's sail shift.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to the Aarage tour two nights ago, So you did. You're speaking to the opposite of the choir right now.
Speaker 3: You take it up back.
Speaker 2: Somebody who, by by pure coincidence, was invited at the zero hour.
Speaker 1: He was kind of like, yeah, so I was there as like an alien dropped into a very strange human ritual that.
Speaker 2: Like when Akis was on the Ellen Show, Have you seen that?
Speaker 6: Hold On?
Speaker 2: I gotta said. There's a clip of Zach galifan Akis at the Ellen Show and he like in the middle of it, the DJ is playing Family Affair by you know, Mary Jay, and like the whole crowd starts going and he's confused, as hold on, I'm sorry to just to do this to you, Jack, I know you were on a roll, but they're like, hey, so just keep the energy up in the club. They got all these like white women dancing in the crowd, and then Zack, why is he there?
Speaker 3: Why is he there in the crowd?
Speaker 2: Why is he in the crowd?
Speaker 1: But he's like but that was probably what some people were saying about me being at the Taylor Swift concert.
Speaker 2: Why is he there? What is this man doing? Like, oh, we clapping now?
Speaker 1: Clapping yeah, yeah, looking around trying to clap when the other people clapped. One time, there was a video like before Taylor came on, where it was I think a music video with Hyam and her and an actress, and I said, is that Laura Dern and the fourteen year old girl in front of me? Turned to look at me like I had just said the dumbest ship that any any human being had ever said, and didn't didn't try and hide.
Speaker 2: It was just like just like like broke their neck looking back at me like what, yeah, motherfucker? Wait? So who was in the video?
Speaker 1: I still looked it up.
Speaker 2: Let me look it up.
Speaker 1: Well, will you explain why Taylor Swift is over it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, go off.
Speaker 5: I mean, I really don't want to yuck anybody's yeh.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for y'all. Y'allow Taylor, that's good for you.
Speaker 5: The overheyped mediocrity of the S woman is egregious, astounding, over the top. I've never seen somebody be so fucking mediocre and garners such a fan base.
Speaker 3: You know what that means? That mediocrity is sought after. People want to be able to be mediocre, and Taylorship lets them be mediocre. You know kind of people makes it okay. It's like a you're fine until I don't want that though out of my star. I don't want that. I don't want mediocre. I don't want fine.
Speaker 2: You want you want? You want their like I could only dream to reach half the heights that this person has got to because.
Speaker 3: Otherwise, what are you doing here?
Speaker 5: I can do it, move it, got it.
Speaker 2: It feels like a lateral kind of.
Speaker 5: We cannot be it has to be a r. I have to be reaching. I have to be reaching naturally. I'm going to see Beyonce. So that's right, right, right right?
Speaker 2: Yes, Now what will that stadium be doing? I wonder will we get seismic activity?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: I hope so I plan to bring seismic activity myself.
Speaker 2: Are you going to those show? It's so fi huh okay, the birthday show.
Speaker 5: No, she dropped the birthday day after she dropped the initial dates for September for La, and so I was like, oh, I'm going to go to the September first show because that's close to her birthday. And then she got to the birthday and I was like, I was really matter.
Speaker 2: Her for that. She's a capitalist. She knew. She's like, wait, hold on, I know how to really add a date and get some fucking numbers up. Wat's this my birthday? You know how that goes?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, I have heard now.
Speaker 1: But by the way, so I had I had this theory because everything Taylor Swift does seems like so like preconceived and like rehearsed. Like there there's just this like strange, like AI like smoothness to everything she does. Yes, And there was a moment where her in her in ear monitor came loose and she fixed it in the same way like she was like, wait, there's a little problem with my but she just like did it real calmly, And I was wondering if that had been rehearsed. I've now spoken to two people who have been to the air show, and it was not a part of the show that they saw. One of them said they were on a ton of mushrooms and so maybe they missed like it.
Speaker 2: Could have happened. But they're like, oh, yeah, well she took her ear off in the middle.
Speaker 5: I remember that.
Speaker 2: I remember that. Yeah, freaky.
Speaker 1: That suggests that she is just always that like kind of composed and composed in not just like the cool under pressure way, but like a composed like a composition that it pas ye plan.
Speaker 2: People know when things go wrong because I see Swifty's posts on Twitter when they're like, oh, look at how she ended this show. She said something to the back like and they get lip readers on it and like, I said, that wasn't our best performance tonight, and they're like, that's what she just said on the show. But whatever, you know, she made her What was it? They said the six shows generated like something like over three hundred and twenty million dollars in economic activity in the city.
Speaker 1: So yeah, she's like four hundred thousand hours of people stuck in traffic. They said it was like six Super Bowls on consecutive nights, Like people were flying in for it, and ship like Lax was just backed up, like it was just nobody's prepared for that number of people to come to any anywhere for anything. Yeah, that was pretty crazy. What is something, Sequoya you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: I have a couple of options here and I'm struggling the shoes, so I'm probably gonna do multiples.
Speaker 5: I'm probably gonna tell you Tokay Pink Boys, the singer Pink her vocal ability severely underrated, especially when she was making more poppy music. Severely unready, if she had decided to stay with pop music the rest of the pop girl you could pack it up. She was gonna take it over. So that's the first.
Speaker 2: One Powerhouse did you see that clip of how she like launches into the fucking stands like the stump the wire world.
Speaker 1: Oh, she as a live performer is someone that I am now like, I want to see that ship and her answer when they So this is something we talked about our previous episode. But if if listeners weren't like, she does wire work where it's if you've ever seen like those bungeee rides where somebody like goes flying, you know, you basically get sling shotted out. She does that at every concert, like through the stadium, but it's actually it's like that but faster, and she's doing like acrobatics acrobatics. So she does that and people are like, yeah, like a lot of most of your show now is just you like kind of flipping around on wires and stuff, and that that wasn't really something that we had come in expecting. Why do you do that? And she was just like, wouldn't you like that? Shit is fun? As it is so fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I love her for that.
Speaker 5: She's she's also so unapologetic about everything, and I stand.
Speaker 3: I love her attitude. I just like think a lot and her voice is utterented.
Speaker 2: Another thing that's wait, wait for a while, did people think that Pink was black?
Speaker 3: Yes, she was black? Remember Yes.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there like a moment like YO say it like that? Yeah? Yeah, if you were like I don't know that voice maybe, and then it was like unequivocal, It's like no, she's she is white, and we're like, oh, okay, well I still pink. Yeah, I stand in a vaccine queen. You know who's because I remember that too, when she was like, I don't give a fuck, get your goddamn vaccine. Certain weirdos, certainly, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, black Pink has always been, you know, claim.
Speaker 2: The original black Pink. Yeah, the original ko. Yeah.
Speaker 5: On the other side of the spectrum, I don't know if y'all watch the Idol, I know the hype around it is over.
Speaker 3: I know we're over the Idol at this point. But that fucking song World Class Center Flash, I'm a freak that first song from the Idol. Did y'all watch it?
Speaker 2: I didn't watch it.
Speaker 3: Okay, the idol of that HBO show with the.
Speaker 2: Weekend right, we were aware of it, okay, and how much of a mess it was.
Speaker 5: She has this song the song though the initial song it's so fucking good.
Speaker 3: It was a pop anthem.
Speaker 2: Really, I hear it? Yeah, world class. Oh here, I'm a player right now obviously when I be able to play it on the show. But let's just just re respect Sakoy's taste, so we'll be back one second. Oh yeah, this is like, this is like Early Weekend, like right after House of Balloons vibes, and.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: If it's one thing about me, I'm going to listen to Early Weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know he.
Speaker 3: Had to do the reference track for that. That had to be his his.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that felt felt so able test fa right there. I felt that kind of to that point. It actually I feel like it's weird you listen to it. You kind of get nostalgic for the old Weekend. I think that's what I just connected to, especially when the lyrics are so like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was really good, bitch, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: What she had to do on that one she came in just a freak.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, are there? I heard her performances is pretty good in the show, Like there are moments.
Speaker 3: You know what, it's really good. She's really an actress. Like I think she's a really good actress.
Speaker 5: Now, did I believe her has like a pop star, a global pop sensation. Not as much, but when it came to like her playing the emotional parts and shifting between. I don't want to give way too much, but yeah, she's a good actress for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Also, you may give away too much because I don't think I'm ever going to watch it, but maybe our listeners will. Maybe ours still holding out.
Speaker 2: If they had the morbid fascination, is still holding out for sure? Hoop in Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll talk about some news. And we're back, and I don't know the tru the Trump thing continues to seem chaotic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, look, we we have a rule here. There's an observation we've made about Donald Trump over the years, which is when he starts going fully off the rails with his social media posts, you know something is coming something, He knows something, so he has to do his pre you know, pre justice freakouts to try and get people to understand the jeopardy he's in. So this time he is saying actual nonsense out loud about Fulton County, DA Fannie Willis, So you know, you just fucking know, like you can just hear in what he's saying. These reco charges I think are about two hit let's just hear him. Just meander at a rally he had in Wyndham, New Hampshire. They waited and.
Speaker 6: I probably have another one.
Speaker 7: They say, there's a young woman.
Speaker 2: Dude, he says, another one. He's talking about another indictment. I probably got another one, right.
Speaker 7: A young racist in Atlanta, And they say, I guess. They say that she was after a certain gang and she ended up having an affair with the head of the gang or a gang member.
Speaker 6: And this is a person that wants to indict me. She's got a lot of problems, but she wants to indict me to try and run for some other office. What's going on in this country is and by the way, wants to indict me for a perfect phone call.
Speaker 7: This was even better than my perfect call with Ukraine.
Speaker 2: All right, oh we heard enough, we heard enough out of you. So yes, he.
Speaker 1: Say, who says that she had an affair with somebody she was representing.
Speaker 2: So the whole thing is right there. What he's referencing is this case that in twenty nineteen, she was representing a member of you know YSL, Wreckers Young Stoner Life, which is the right Now there's a huge case going on with Young Thug and that whole thing. And so basically Fani Willis was had represented one of the members of YSL and it aggravated assault case in twenty nineteen. That person that she represented had said how nice she was when he was her client, and he's like, yeah, yeah, like she's great, Like she had this like auntie nephew energy with me. So the reason that quote came out is because he couldn't believe that now they were pursuing these charges against YSL when he had such a good experience with her as her lawyer, and he's like, that's why I know something's up because she was so nice to me. So right wing media and Donald Trump just took that quote out of context that he was like, she was very kind to me, to be read as they were fucking or they were having some kind of relationship that wasn't there, because as we all know, especially for conservatives, they want nothing more than to just jump down a black woman's throat for anything. So in this instance, this was like just fucking just straight up nonsense. They're like, what are you fucking talking about? Like, this doesn't even make sense. She was she had no relationship aside from a professional one, so you know, it's a stretch. So miss us all with that bullshit. So then comes this post on Kirkland signature Twitter or I'm sorry Kirkland signature x aka truth Social said, the Obama appointed judge in the free speech indictment of me by my political opponent's crooked Joe Biden's Department of Injustice shared professional ties at the law firm that worked for energy, Barisma, based in Ukraine, of which Hunter, Biden and his associate were proud members of the board and were paid millions of dollars even though Hunter knew almost nothing about energy. How much was the law firm paid? So horrible? This is a classic conflict of interest. Gateway Pundit the last part in quotes all caps. He just writes the word Gateway pundit.
Speaker 8: Everyone's like, huh wait, that's a that's the website, right, that's a it's an outlet, like it's a news outlet for is he like suggesting that that was a quote from them?
Speaker 2: He just went on nobody fucking knows. They're like, what the fuck is Gateway pundit? Why are you signing off Gateway pundit in quotes too? You was truly Gateway pundit pundit. Thank you, Daily Beast and the Dredge Report, thank you, thank you. Someone's like, okay, you talk so you know already, like everybody's saying, it's gonna probably happen. If it's not the end of this week, it's probably this next week that we'll see charges from you know, that case, which was not a perfect phone call. So you literally leaned on that fucking guy bred Raffisberger and you said, oh, man, I need you to find me twelve thousand or whatever me. Yeah, find me the thirteen thousand votes I need to win. That's like, what is he talking about? Yeah, he'd just be saying shit. He just be saying shit. He is trying to get He's trying to get social media cloud. That's what it feels like. The whole time, feels like the whole.
Speaker 3: Presidency was trying to get social media clout, all of it.
Speaker 2: And now the real irony is he his whole thing. Really, he's only running to try and avoid jail time. For this other shit. Definitely like a perfect version of his administration ending would have been if he faced no real legal jeopardy and then he could have just like grifted off his name like off into the said he would have loved that. But the fact is he did so much shit in office that is exposing him to all this legal jeopardy that now his only option is to run for office to try and just be like, what the fuck are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Put the president in jail, and I.
Speaker 3: Mean four years unless you die, right exactly.
Speaker 2: And the iron two is that, like if you remember he announced in November of twenty twenty two, which is not everyone was like, yo, this mother, he's really going for it, because in his mind he thought that would set the tone in front of the world to be like, look what they're doing because I'm running for president. They did this shit to me. But we come to find out the Jack Smith like special counsel that was announced like three days after he announced his run for president, So like on MSNBC, they were kind of showing that like if he had actually announced in June, and we're you know, we're going by the logic that the doj wouldn't have initiated investigation unless he announced his candidacy, that this, like all these indictments would probably be falling like in the middle of the Mary calendar and in the middle of the election run, which would have maybe worked in his favor a little bit more because you could actually say, like, I'm fucking what the fuck is this? But here we are August and they're getting your ass.
Speaker 1: They really it doesn't look good man, They say, I recognize that what I suggests the bold controversial strategy, and that there are many reasons why it might not end up being executed on January sixth, but as long as it is one possible option. To preserve it as a possibility, it is important that the Trump Pence electors cast their electoral votes on December fourteenth. So like this, this is all part of their strategy to just like not not certify the election.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're on yeah, well again, like I said, I know, we see all these indictments, but until we see like some actual consequences, like if they're saying, well, we find him guilty, let's move to sentencing, then I'm just like I don't know, I'm just I'm just waiting to see how invincible white wealthy privilege actually is. That's really what this he's not gonna boil down to. And then because if nothing moves, then I'll be like, yeah, dude, I mean I fucking knew that, you know, like a lot of people cynically would have said, yeah, I could tell nothing would happen. But with some of these charges, like even with this stuff with him talking out loud and judge me like, hey, if you fucking don't listen it like I may have to suggest detaining you. But when I hear things like I may, that to me is some shit like when Donald Trump hears I may, He's like that means I can do whatever the fuck I want, definitely, because you're not about You're not about to draw the line, not with me. And that's that's the thing that scares me, is that he has the you're not gonna fucking do that shit with me. And so far we're seeing a lot of accommodations being made for him. So until I see him come back to like come back to court with his hair all fucked up, because he can't be doing that comb over and fucking sell block deep, you know what I mean, then I'll be like, oh shit, wow, welcome to the fucking fucked up in carceral system of the United States of America.
Speaker 1: Certain, Yeah, the follow up is supposed to be tomorrow on that right, with regards to like his just constantly saying the wildest ship that everybody's like telling him not to say in the middle of this. Yeah, absolutely, So we'll stay tuned. And then we wanted to update you guys on the Tuesday election for where basically the Ohio Republicans were trying to pass some things that would make it easier for easier for them to pass anti choice laws.
Speaker 2: The essentially, they want to change the way that voter referendums work. Right, there's a rest not every state has this, but like places like California, voters can you know, propose some kind of change to the law that we all then the vote for, like ballot you know, ballot propositions. And this one specific was to address the basically to head off the movement of people who were wanting to change the fucked up anti choice laws on their books in the state of Ohio. Because in November there is a referendum that the people can vote on that would enshrine reproductive rights into law by amending the state's constitution with a simple majority. So if that shit gets fifty percent plus one, boom, state constitution has changed. Reproductive rights are there. You can't fuck with it unless you're trying to amend it again, and that's a whole other process.
Speaker 1: So the Ohio Republicans spent million, like twenty million dollars on oh millions.
Speaker 2: Specifically, and what we called out on Tuesday was the U Line family for people who if you have boxes that say you Line on them. I'm sure everyone is familiar with this. They make all kinds of shipping materials. That family is like the Magacoch brothers, and they were putting a ton of money behind this one specifically, so you know, maybe you can maybe reevaluate your box choices out there, but either way we aggress. These fucking medieval goblins in the GOP wanted to change the law with this special election that basically said, oh yeah, if you do voter referendums, you can't just do fifty percent. You need to hit sixty percent in more in order for those things to be successful, which is essentially saying we're trying to make sure that minority rule is like stays here forever. The state is already jerry mander to shit anyway to give the Republicans like a seventy percent edge, So they held it in August because they figured no one would pay attention and they could just have their way. What's even funny the elderly whites right up like that exactly. And the August elections have been a thing in Ohio where the Republicans actually made a law where they're like, yeah, we're not doing August elections. They cost too much money. Nobody turns out it's stupid. So then they had to make an exception to their own fucking law to get this shit to happen in August, because it's how backwards everything is, and well the numbers are in they got absolutely smashed out. The people of Ohio pulled up to make sure that they were not having their body autonomy fucked with. So just you know, about two point eight million Ohioan's turned up for this in comparison in August. In August.
Speaker 1: Ohio in August is uncomfortable as fuck. I has lived there. It is not a great place to be, is it muggy? What's it like, oh, muggy as shit. It's like gray a lo out of the days. The sky will just sit sit there, real low gray sky is what I remember from August and just hot as shit.
Speaker 2: Well guess what. Two point eight million showed up for this. By comparison, only one point six million turned up for the twenty twenty two primaries. One of the governors senators bogs people on the fucking valley. Yeah, they fucking turned the fuck out for this.
Speaker 3: They felt like Ohio is trying to get one over on them.
Speaker 2: That was the issue.
Speaker 5: They were like, Nah, you're not gonna get one over on us. This is one thing for the primaries to come around, to come around, and I just don't give a fuck.
Speaker 3: But you think you're trying to punk, trying.
Speaker 2: To play me, no exactly. And they were running ads that were like, this is actually to protect people from like the people who want to put trans ideology in our children's books, Like, no, you guys are trying to make a prefucker remove to derail what is the inevitable in November when people of this country go to exercise their rights and say we don't want you gross motherfuckers getting into my medical exam rooms and having a fucking say about what the fuck we do with our bodies, get the fuck out of here, and that's what happened. It's so it's wild because the Republicans have just truly hit the bottom here. They kept doubling down on extremists bullshit to the point that they are now just self generating huge political l's because they don't know what to do anymore.
Speaker 1: They're like, oh for seven, They're oh for seven on these and people turn out like Kansas they turned out, and like Michigan, Kentucky, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: The list goes on where they cannot get this shit over the line for whatever. It's just so wild that they think, I think the logic being like, well, we got we got all the anti choice people on our side, we can maybe activate them with this, But they're realizing those numbers are just not there. And even they are even conservatives obviously, who are like I mean yeah, but also like, I don't think we need to be up in people's doctor's office, yeah right, yeah, as a Republican, which is wild that there's that kind of consensus for such an extreme issue. So it is just, you know, I feel like in the Daily Beast. I forget who was saying. It was like, it's like they're they're doing the Streisand effect to themselves, where like you know that thing where Barbaru Streisand didn't want people to there's a the Strisand effect is when this guy took a picture, like an aerial photo of her home for like the analysis of like cliff erosion in the state of California, and she's like, so get that picture down. People are gonna see exactly where I live.
Speaker 1: I need gonna want to come to the mall in my basement. We can't have that or McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it got much. She got a McDonald's inner basement. She doesn't because yeah, she's got a whole mall in her hole.
Speaker 3: Wait what I thought y'all were No.
Speaker 2: No, no, and her clone dogs, her and her clone dogs, because she's got like five clones of the same dogs. Please you don't know that she has cloned her dog like something like four times.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, y'all are please?
Speaker 2: You swear her favorite dog died.
Speaker 1: What what is a billionaire to do but clone this clone that ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then when it dies again, what's she going to do? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: So there's just this GMO dog running around this pod, so like fucked up because it's been cloned repeatedly, a clone of a clone of a clone.
Speaker 2: The dog. Samantha died in twenty seventeen, and I feel like since then, I think she did two clones, like two srocks is off the off rip. Were any of.
Speaker 1: Them at the same time, because that's the really fuck oh yeah, no, she's no, they're like copies.
Speaker 3: She has on a battle of clones.
Speaker 2: There are pictures of her with the clone dogs, like she's like, look at y'all, y'all are the same people. That's gotta be right here. That's that's the same dog, I guess genetically speaking.
Speaker 1: But their facial features, do get this is more and more faded er er.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're kind of like kill us.
Speaker 3: Ok.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so anyway, so the effect.
Speaker 1: She sued and then like more pictures of the house, like as people wrote stories about the suit, like more pictures of the house like showed up everywhere. People got interested. They were like, what is she hiding?
Speaker 2: And right yeah yeah, and then we then look and it's the same thing with them. They're saying like they could have just I guess taken their when when with the Dobbs decision and just be like, all right, that's it. Don't need to do much, like let's not really fucking press this anymore because it's a fun, losing issue. But here we are so more of us than them. Yeah, for real, absolutely, And I think.
Speaker 3: Even in stakes like Kansas and Ohio, who really knew, but here we are.
Speaker 2: And I think it shows right because even like because even like Ohio like that, still the sort of identity is sort of like it used to be like the true swing state of the United States, you know, or it's like it's really representative of where people are at. So for all of the extremism that exists, there are still plenty of like moderates and liberal people, progressive people who are like, now, what the fuck is going on here? Luckily that message was completely like was transmitted to the people and they knew exactly what's going on, so nice try assholes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are like I don't I don't even think it's like progressive people message necessarily. I think conservative people too, who are like this is fucking weird, Like you got what you're doing is bad? Like yeah, you're the wrong, You're you're wrong on this one, and it's turning out this.
Speaker 2: Is where you want to put your energy is into doing this because it's fucking They're like, y'all are fucking weird, weirdass ship and that's.
Speaker 1: Which that was for so long. Their whole thing was like the these liberals are weird? Am I right? And that was I think they got a lot of people on their side with that, and now they're the ones who are just like, you know, screaming about because well then you.
Speaker 2: Have like here's here's here's Michael from who's the head of Ohio Right to Life. It's like, what the fuck does Michael have to say about fucking what people do with their wombs? Yeah, And that's when I think it's just it's just so transparently clear that it's just unless like on one level, people probably don't like the idea that they can they don't have anybody out time the other party just thinking that these weird ass politicians feel like, yeah, we have a right to be in here and adjudicate all this shit too, and that's yeah, no, like even it's just like yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 5: It's such a desperate scramble. It's embarrassing to watch, and I'm sure lots of folks feel that who are a little bit more moderate and felt like liberals were weird and that was the draw for the anti.
Speaker 3: Liberal movement whatever.
Speaker 5: They're probably like, oh, this is scary, Like I don't know what the fuck is going on the right, but it's desperate.
Speaker 3: It's like the strikes that effect. What are you all hiding over there?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Well, yeah, yeah, just a losing strategy of just not because again, their whole they have no vision for the future. They have no vision to offer people about how their lives can improve. They're all focused on punishing people like women. Essentially, let's make laws that make it illegal for women to live freely, people with uteruses to live freely, and also like hopefully that will actually scare some of them to be a little less liberated, to want to, you know, fall back into these weird'll ask old gender norms and gender roles and shit like that, and it's people are like, man, come on, it's twenty twenty three, Like there's so many ways to live now, then this isn't it, But damn.
Speaker 5: You know what that makes me feel like, this is awesome. From the fact that now romantic relationships are not so much based on what a man can provide monetarily and more so based on like a romantic thing.
Speaker 3: And many men.
Speaker 5: Can't you know, they've been set up to like provide monetarily in less than the actual person to person romantic relationship thing, right, And so it feels like they have to enact legislation that makes it so women can't be free, women must need them or something.
Speaker 3: And then we have this entire thing. Oh my god, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: Because it's in cell behavior. It's in cell behavior behavior. And they're like, well, then we got to punish the women that are like are on their own ship, like I need a trad wife who's like I need a man for everything. That's those were the good old days when my grandmother herself to death because she was so happy, like come on, right, like what are we doing? So you know again, shout out to the human beings of the of the country, who seeing.
Speaker 1: I need a trad wife where I need somebody to invite me to Thanksgiving because nobody and my family, Oh.
Speaker 5: My god, they sat that on Fleishman's in trouble. Oh my god, that just freaked me out. Anyways, moving on really what they said. Yeah, there was like one scene where the only single guy on the show was like, no, I just feel sad because I don't have anybody to invite me to Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Like I'm lonely, nobody invites me to Thanksgiving. There's nothing to do.
Speaker 5: If y'all haven't watched Fleischman's In Trouble yet, turn it on today to get off this call.
Speaker 3: Turn it on today.
Speaker 5: It's fantastic, the best thing I've watched in the last like five years.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, okay, I'll take that to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that show like got into me in a way that like felt like you know when you're reading a good book. I might have said this on the show, but like when you're reading a good book and it like gets into you and like you're like sad that it's over. Like that show really yeah did that to me? I like saying it was not it was like always like very not very far from like my thoughts when.
Speaker 3: I thought, as we can see and it was based on a book, I'm pretty sure it kind of.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, it's exactly. I kind of want to read that me too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh so it's about a forty one year old who was diving in the brave new world of at base dating with the kind of success he never had dating in these youth before he got married. At the table. Okay, yeah, if you.
Speaker 1: Like there's there are things about it where you're like, wait, what is this gonna be? And then but it's it's really in the texture. It's like really in the writing, and then the performances.
Speaker 3: Performances, it's it's really fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that one. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back, and we're back. And the Doc Brawl I have finally watched it after I said so quite at the beginning of the week, I had seen the fist fight in Major League Baseball, and then the doc Brawl came up afterwards, and I was like, guys, why do we why are we so obsessed with all these fights? And it sounded like I was like, no big deal, let's not I don't like yeah, yeah right right, So yeah, I chose the exact wrong moment to be like enough with the fist fights, folks, guys, guys, when we just all love each other and be nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But anyways, I've.
Speaker 1: Watched it from all the angles, all the all the key moments. The swimmer, the aquamane, M. C.
Speaker 2: Washington, Yeah, quill Ogill, so so many.
Speaker 1: The hat throw is just wonderful, the and the folding chair some things. So I went back and watched the argument that led to it, and the restraint from the the eventual hat thrower to not start throwing hands at the people as he's having this conversation is not to be overlooked.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of like when a an umpire is talking to like a baseball manager, and the baseball manager is just like wearing in their face and like spitting on that and like doing and like that. The umpire just had like their point is just like very basic, like this boat needs to go right here and right He's just like pointing like this is a message that could be explained in five seconds to a five year old, but because you are drunk white boat people who have been in the sun all day, this is taking an hour. So just I want to shout out his restraint in the in the lead up to them then fully like you know, sucker punching him and gang tackling him.
Speaker 2: That's why there's so many levels of as black viewer too, where there's that restraint where you know you can't fully come for this fucking drunk asshole and you kind of got to take it and you're like, God, damn, I know that fucking patience. Yeah. Then when the hands get to flying, it's the next level that the fucking portals open in the Avengers and people are like, we're fucking here and we're not gonna watch this shit happen because and like it's just so God, there's just so many layers to it, Like and we were saying with h Nicole hann or Nicole Hana Jones talking like she's like, you know, there's a history in Alabama, obviously, and there's obviously a history of racial spectacle, like violent spectacles where people have had to watch untold horrors happen to black people at the hands of a white mob and there was just really nothing you could do because of the white supremacy that exists in our country. And to watch it all kind of coalesce into this like three acts Shakespearean like brawl is like it's really it's really something I don't know, Uh Sekoya, how what I you know, I know, I see that, I see the energy coming from you just from the mention of it. But yeah, did you where where are you at with the video? Now?
Speaker 5: This filled my spirit up so much. I have never felt so nourished as I did while watching this particular.
Speaker 3: Piece of content.
Speaker 5: It is so cathartic, Like you said, like we're watching the entire story arc, something that was captured from so many different angles. You're like, okay, that's how that started. Oh we got here, okay. But my favorite part of the video is when we watched the crew get off the boat and the people.
Speaker 3: Are skipping up to the skipping is a threat.
Speaker 5: If you've never seen somebody skip to a fight, you take it as some light.
Speaker 3: If you know, you know that is a threat.
Speaker 2: It's a warm up, Like it's a warm up.
Speaker 3: My mans was so giddy to.
Speaker 2: Skip to beat that moment where the boat gets close enough for the dock to the dock for them to disembark there, it's like almost like at the gate they're like let me yeah, and that edge, Yeah, that was my my favorite commentary where the people watching like oh here they go like yeah, he knew. They're like, oh no, it's you. Fucked up. You fucked up, and you get bonus black points if you said or every time you punch connect bore taking me out.
Speaker 5: It was something that Washington with the commentary, everything about it was so good.
Speaker 3: I have not seen a video that made me feel that good.
Speaker 2: It's so long. Yeah, and you know, I think there's something too like that I saw even pointing on the route also that just like the reason I think too that it feels better is that like luckily no one is pulling firearms.
Speaker 3: Out, no one died.
Speaker 2: That would have been that would have been a complete different thing, would have been a whole other the escalation and something that we kind of brace ourselves as Americans to be like, oh shit, there's a group violence. Someone might start busting something from.
Speaker 3: Something, especially in the South. I'm shocked nobody had a firearm on them.
Speaker 2: Well I was, and so based on like new police reports that came out, apparently one of those guys was throwing racial slurs at that DOC worker and also said they were gonna go get a gun too. According to one of the people that like they witnessed it, another person who was like working with the boat. But part of me, this is just a general warning to people. You have to know when someone is at their like wage job and you fuck with them, chances are they are there will be some kind of like collective response, Like having a shitty job is like being in the game, you know what I mean, Because when you got that shitty job, you're like, yo, mother, you are not like you'd be like, look at this motherfucking talking shit to him. Hold the fuck up. You are going to get a level of smoke returned to you when you fuck with somebody at their job too. That's the other part. I was just like, they they have done no analysis. They did not do the proper threat analysis with this.
Speaker 5: They did not have any context to have the proper threat analysis. If you've never seen somebody skip to a fight, you don't know that you're in grave danger when that happens.
Speaker 3: If you've never like had a wave job, wait job, I don't know these people.
Speaker 5: Obviously they might have, but if you've never had that collective action spirit, you don't know that you fucking with this one person.
Speaker 3: This is a dog whistle. Everybody's on you right now, right.
Speaker 1: And there are definitely more people who have had shitty jobs than not like that it's also you know, people pointed out that like the structure of the video is people standing by watching and then joining in, and that's a big deal because like standing by and watching horrible shit happen is how I think a lot of people feel a lot of the time. Now, Yeah, and so like that there's something cathartic, you know that it starts as one of the things, one of those types of videos that we've seen so many times, and then the thing that doesn't usually happen finally happens where everybody is able to join in and there are more of us than there are of them, and a lot of these circumstances, but it just hasn't felt that way to this point, and I think, I don't know. I think it does a good job of driving at home.
Speaker 3: And I was fully prepared for the cops to not arrest any of the boaters, the initial voters, and I was I was still going to be like, Okay, I'm going to look at these black men that went to jail on this behalf as vigilantes and like, you know, right, but they went ahead and arrested all the right people too.
Speaker 2: You cannot have had a better video, even even the chair guy. The chair guy. They're like, look, we don't we don't have charges, but we need to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: We need to stop because you and you you fucking united that poor woman with chair.
Speaker 3: That's why I started walking through my eyes.
Speaker 5: I was when I saw the chair combut I was like, oh, this might get a little bit more violent than I'm Luckily it was plastic.
Speaker 3: Nobody was bleeding, like. It was like okay, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite moments is when they're arresting the chair guy and then that white woman comes up in like the all white dress and I don't know what she says to the cop, but the cop just like gives her a tiny shove and it's immediately revealed that she is way too day drunk to be in the situation, and like does the wobbliest fall on her ass that I've ever seen. Oh man, that's one of one of the great falls in the video.
Speaker 3: Some of the men jumping in the water to avoid the fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was all good. That was truly. You know, you can't sometimes your your ignorance does boomerang back to you. And I don't know what I saw this one there was like one someone made a TikTok parody video of like try that in twenty twenty three, Like I'm the fuck year you thought it was.
Speaker 4: Three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no no, no, no, no no, no. People are people. People got their eye on the prize and yeah, like I think if there's Jackie wrote in here about how people you know pointed out that it is you know, uh, this is this is Black August too, where a lot of significant things have happened in black history, including rebellions, Nat Turner rebellion, the birth of Marcus Garvey, and Fred Hampton. Like this is another historical month in black history, and it's kind of like not to say that this is in line with that, but hey, things happened in August.
Speaker 1: The Root did a list there with this as the latest in a timeline that has yeah, Fred Hampton's birth, the marsh On Washington, you know, the wats riots, the Ferguson protests beginning, and I kind of loved it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyway, just y'all, please just listen to people who are trying to keep you safe. You know, That's that's all this guy was trying to do. And then you had to go and get in your ugly racist bag and look what happened to you? Look what happened to you? Look at you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So God, between between that and the Boston cop video, so so many healings video, and I thought Oppenheimer was the best thing I saw this fucking week.
Speaker 1: No, no, top top three movie that you saw this week?
Speaker 2: Top three movie I saw this week. In the last week, the doc Brawl, then Boston p D Cop slide, then Oppenheimer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah that's good.
Speaker 1: And Oppenheimer deserves Oscar attention, but so does.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, we need we need this to be like just captured in like Renaissance like painting form, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Wow, what if.
Speaker 3: Beyonce plays footage of it on her show? I would be astuley really excited, a different resur but yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be I don't know what effect that would have on the crowd, but it would have a fucking when would she play that, you know what I mean? When could she like what song? Could she juxtapose that? And people like yeah, yeah, I don't know, You're like, oh ship.
Speaker 1: All right, well sequoia. Such a pleasures, such pleasure as always now always as always having you where can people find you? Hear you all that good stuff.
Speaker 5: If you want to watch my Drake series, you can find it on TikTok and Instagram at sequoia Beholmes. If you want to listen to my podcast, you can find me on social at BPLP pod and you can find the podcast anywhere you listen to podcasts. It's called Black People Love Paramore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what'd you think of the Steph Curry video?
Speaker 3: It was beautiful. I love that he like knew the lyrics and he's saying them like straight. I watched his wilder dreams come true, not one of them involving you, because lots of men would have shifted that, And I love that he just gave the lyrics as there exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was nice to see him like, because you know, I know that they have like celebrities and other people come up and stuff all the time, but it was nice to see him not be cool, like trying to be cool about it. He was like, let me tell you, this is my shit. He would give me this microphone and I will. It felt like someone being at like rockstar camp or something where it's like, really, did you already have thousands of people cheering for you. He's like, but I've never had him cheer for me while I sing Paramore, And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 5: He also didn't look that tall like on stage. I know he's like a short NBA player, he's like sixty or whatever, but he didn't look like crazy tall.
Speaker 3: I thought that was cool too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just talked about his documentary on our Basketball show and the whole like backstory with him. He is tiny in high school. He is like the smallest guy on the court in high school. And yeah, yeah, I don't know. I don't know if they digitally shrunk him in the documentary or if he's wearing lifts in the NBA or what's happening.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine he's sucking up his because he's wearing lifts and shit?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 3: Damn? I was gonna say the Steph Curry video.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah you sorry for people who don't know you search Steph Curry, Chase Center, Paramore. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: It'll come right on up. The Warriors supposed to do on Instagram as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, amazing miles, Where can people find you? As their working media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, find me wherever they got at Symbols, at Miles of Gray, that's x now fucked that this Twitter and threads and all that other shit. And also find me on my new podcast, The Good Thief talking about the Greek robin Hood. This dude who was kidnapping millionaires and giving them money away, A true a true king. And also obviously we got Miles and Jack Got Mad. Boostie is our NBA podcast. And if you like ninety Day Fiance, check me and Sophia Alexander out on four to twenty day Fiance. You know what time it is over there, and a tweet or a work of meat I've been like liking. It's actually Sequoia's Drake Dinner Reviews for again for people who like a little bit of dinner or little food, critiquing with and intersecting that with hip hop. I think there's no better video series. And Sequoia's where she takes, you know, a quote from a Drake song and then goes to that restaurant and has it like you know, you know, having some a meal in Malibu at No Boo, you know what I mean, or going to Delilah or maybe get the bowling A's at the Polo Lounge. You got it all. You got it all, folks. Let Sequoia be your guide into fancy restaurants in the area. So yeah, check those out.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you, Miles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a tweet I've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: I like Jamie Lostis she twote getting stung by Ada is a huge honor. I think you pissed someone off so bad they're willing to die.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: And then at Rolge revised the Hemingway story he wrote for sale new unopened baby boys and Girls shoes, baby walking shoes, first walking shoes, infant sneakers, crib shoes for baby nonslip breatheable shoes six nine eighteen month, twenty twenty three. And for some reason that just resonated with me as somebody who I feel like I have just my my blood is half microplastics from the Internet, like the like the Internet equivalent of microplastics. I feel like it's just I ingest so much bullshit, so many like sidebar ads.
Speaker 2: Yeah it happens, Yeah, it happens. Yeah.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian and on threads. I presume I'm still over there. I haven't checked it in like a week. Put Jack underscore, Oh underscore, Brian. You can find us on Twitter at daily zeikeispread the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page on our website Daily Zeitgeist dot com where we post our episodes. On our footnotes, we went off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Myles with song do you think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 2: There's this track by an artist called Will Powers and it's called Adventures and Success and I heard it at a HEJ said over the weekend. I was like, this is kind of interesting because it has like this like very funky like sort of talking heads ish like instrumental going on with like this computerized voice doing all these like positive affirmations like please know that you are worth everything, please take stock of all your good qualities. Then I come to find out it's actually it's a concept album by this artist photographer named Lynn Goldsmith that was made in the eighties where she kind of made this album to lampoon like self help culture of the eighties, but has like really like Sting is working on his Steve Winwood, like Nile Rodgers. There's like so many just fantastic people who are contributing to this album that it's just it's fantastic. So when you hear this song, think of it as like, I don't know, I see it as like an opening to a really dope show about like eighties business culture or something, and put that in your mind as you listen. So anyway, this is Adventures and Success with will Powers.
Speaker 1: I feel like there's a lot of dough bart from the eighties, but because the eighties monoculture was like so in tense and just all consuming that like you ignore a lot of it. But like that that movie shit, what's it called Meat? The movie the documentary All the Beauty and Bloodshed about Nan Golden is like a bit really largely about a eighties and late seventies arts scene in New York City that's really dope and made me realize kind of, yeah, there was like a lot of cool avant garde art that happened in the eighties that everybody's just kind of yeah.
Speaker 2: And this song is like punky for something that's kind of like a commentary on culture. It's just such. It's like a fucking good song. So if you even DJ, you're welcome because you'll add this to your set as like a transition or something, or you know, take take your set off with this. But anyway, check it out all right.
Speaker 1: Well, The Daily's Guys is a production of by Heart Radio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the heart Radio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we'll taltail that fight.
Speaker 2: Bye bye,